Brinks vs. Alert 360
Find Home Alarm and Security Systems near you
Brinks vs. Alert 360 compared
Brinks and Alert 360 offer wireless home security and home automation options. Both companies also offer 24/7 professional monitoring. While both companies provide 36-month contracts, only one has a month-to-month option. When choosing which is best for you, it's important to compare features.
Installation and cost
|Installation fee||$200 to $450||$99 to $199|
|Upfront cost||$199 to $699||Equipment included in monthly fee|
|Trial period||30-day risk-free||None listed|
|Contract terms||36 months||36 months; no-contract options available if equipment purchased upfront|
|Professional||$200 to $450||$199 to $699||30-day risk-free||36 months|
|Professional||$99 to $199||Equipment included in monthly fee||None listed||36 months; no-contract options available if equipment purchased upfront|
Monitoring plans and pricing
|Monitoring price range||$39.99 to $49.99/month||$49.95 to $59.95|
|Upgraded self-monitoring||Not offered||—|
|24/7 professional monitoring||$39.99/month||Starting at $49.95|
|Upgraded professional monitoring||$49.99/month||$59.95|
|$39.99 to $49.99/month||Professional||Not offered||Not offered||$39.99/month||$49.99/month|
|$49.95 to $59.95||Professional||—||—||Starting at $49.95||$59.95|
|Wired or wireless?||Wireless||Wireless|
|Camera options||Indoor and outdoor cameras||Indoor and outdoor cameras|
|Glass break sensor|
|Siren||Audible panel siren|
|Panic button||Medical panic button device; silent panic button activation from control panel|
|Wireless||Indoor and outdoor cameras|
|Wireless||Indoor and outdoor cameras||Audible panel siren||Medical panic button device; silent panic button activation from control panel|
|Garage door control||—|
|Smoke detector||Not listed|
|Mobile app monitoring|
|Notification/alert options||Push and text||Email and text|
|Home automation capabilities|
|Other integrations||Apple TV||Rachio Smart Sprinkler, Sonos Wireless Speakers|
|3.8||2.9||Push and text||Apple TV|
|4.3||3.7||Email and text||Rachio Smart Sprinkler, Sonos Wireless Speakers|
Reputation on ConsumerAffairs
|Overall star rating||2.6||1.8|
|Verified customer reviews||Brinks reviews||Alert 360 reviews|
|1.8||Alert 360 reviews|
All information accurate as of publishing date.
Brinks provides customers with state-of-the-art home security and home automation technology. The company is transparent about its pricing and offers the option of DIY installation. It does provide professional installation if needed, but it ensures the technology is simple enough to install on your own. Brinks does require a contract.
- Smart Security Essential: At $199, this is the basic plan. It includes a control panel, a motion sensor, two door sensors and a yard sign. Monitoring services are $39.99 a month.
- Smart Security Complete: This middle plan costs $349. It includes one control panel, one video doorbell, one motion sensor, two door sensors and a yard sign. Monitoring services are $44.99 a month.
- Smart Security Ultimate: At $699, this is the most robust Brinks plan. The plan includes one control panel, one video doorbell, one motion sensor, three door sensors, one outdoor camera and one yard sign. Monitoring services cost $49.99 a month.
What Brinks customers say
Brinks has overall positive reviews and ratings on our site. Happy customers frequently highlight the company’s prompt service, knowledgeable reps and professional installation techs. The wall panel could be a little brighter, according to one reviewer. Other customers mention long hold times when contacting customer service.
Alert 360 offers smart-home security and home automation. It provides professional installation and monitoring and has multiple plan options. The website isn’t very transparent about pricing, but you can request a free quote online or by phone.
Alert 360 plans
Alert 360 offers commitment choices: You can pay for equipment and installation upfront or pay month-to-month instead.
- Smart Door Lock: This plan costs $44.95 monthly, plus the price of installation. It includes a touch-screen panel, a keyless door lock, one motion sensor and three door/window sensors.
- Smart Home Video: This plan is also $44.95 monthly, plus the cost of installation. It comes with a touch-screen panel, a wireless HD indoor camera, one motion sensor and three door/window sensors.
- Door Command: This plan costs $50.95 a month, plus installation. The plan includes a touch-screen panel, a smart video doorbell, a keyless door lock, one motion sensor and three door/window sensors.
- Complete Smart Home: The most comprehensive plan costs $54.95 a month, plus the price of installation. It includes a touch-screen panel, a keyless door lock, a wireless HD indoor camera, a motion sensor and three door/window sensors.
What Alert 360 customers say
Alert 360 has mixed reviews on ConsumerAffairs, with satisfied customers describing professional service and any issues being resolved to their satisfaction. Other customers express concern over equipment functionality and difficulty canceling their contract.
Bottom line: Brinks or Alert 360?
Both Brinks and Alert 360 offer professional monitoring and smart-home technology. The main difference between the two companies is the commitment requirements — while both have lengthy contracts if you finance your equipment, Alert 360 offers a month-to-month option if you buy your equipment upfront.
- Brinks is best for customers who want to save on the cost of professional installation by installing their home alarm systems themselves.
- Alert 360 is best for customers who don’t want a long commitment or contract and don't mind installing the equipment themselves.
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.