Polaroid TV
1.45/5
Based on 319 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Polaroid TV

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 18, 2017

1022 Polaroid TV Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

Polaroid 32" 32GSD3000FB Led Combo TV/DVD Player - Very simply, unboxed and set up TV, it wouldn't turn on. Customer service closed. Reboxed and returned. I would have awaited their support department's reply to my rather terse email, but instead used the time to research Polaroid TVs and changed my mind. My new policy on items of this nature and price: set up in store and demonstrate before I take it home. No exceptions.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

First, I would like to say that I buy a lot of things online and, therefore, get asked to do product reviews on quite literally dozens of different things every month. That being said, I have never rated anything with 1 star. Ever. Well... Until now. I got the 43" Polaroid 4k Ultra HD TV (with Chromecast pre-installed) as a gift and I'm pretty sure that they put a 720p in the box instead. The picture quality is garbage. My 1080p that's well over 5 years old has better picture quality than this thing. And that's only one issue. When I first set up the TV (which took forever, by the way) and eventually gave up on trying to pair my Xfinity X1 remote with it (I've never had a problem pairing the remote with any of my other televisions) the color was all washed out.

After doing some reading online (because this thing came with very little information in the box and had nothing even remotely resembling an owners manual) a lot of sites were telling me that most TVs come preset for the display floor (i.e. at their brightest setting) so that it brings more attention to the TV when customers are shopping. Every site said that EVERY TV has an option to change it and that all I had to do was change the setting. Except there is no setting like that, that I could find. Because the menu options on the TV are even limited. I had to manually mess around with the brightness, contrast, etc. to try to darken the settings enough that I could even see what was on the TV without it blinding me. So now it just looks dark.

When I hit the display button on the very cheap remote, it tells me that it's displaying in 720p@60Hz! That's from my Xfinity X1 HD cable, or when I use Chromecast. When I change to my other source (HDMI 3) and turn on my Playstation 3, it displays at 420p@60Hz! Seriously! It also shrinks my screen that I'm using about half of it. And it's not the Playstation because, again, I didn't have this problem with my old TV. It also has very little hookups on it. My sound bar and subwoofer have to be hooked up to the headphone jack (yeah.. There's a HEADPHONE jack on a 43" "smart" TV) and the sound quality is garbage. (And because the third time is a charm, I will again mention that I had no problems with my soundbar and subwoofer hooked up to my old TV).

There are no audio out/inputs either. No Bluetooth hookup. And my Google Home mini (that's supposed to work with my TV, because of the Chromecast) can't communicate with the TV. I've tried to get help from Polaroid. Even emailed their "customer service" asking if they could help me navigate through the menu and try to fix these issues. Wasn't rude about it or anything. I just wanted help so I could enjoy my gift! Someone sent me back a very unprofessional email simply listing the site (which I was already on and which offered ZERO help), an email (that I had already emailed and got this ridiculous response from) and a phone number (which I plan to call tomorrow). Hopefully I have more luck talking to an actual person, though my hopes are set extremely low at this point.

This email said NOTHING else. No, "Hello. We're sorry you're having problems. Here's our number and our hours of operation. Sincerely, someone's name" etc. Just "Customer service" and then a website, email and phone number. I was so excited when I first got this TV as a gift from my husband. But within minutes of turning it on I was extremely disappointed. I even almost broke down into tears (after spending over an hour switching back and forth between trying to mess with the limited menu setting on the TV and scrolling through numerous other websites, looking for ANY info that might be helpful) because he went through so much trouble (and money) getting it for me because I've wanted a new TV for so long. Only for me to absolutely hate this TV! If you're considering buying a 4k TV, PLEASE look into another company! I know you don't know me from Eve, but TRUST ME on this! You will be extremely disappointed!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I live in Michigan, bought a 55" flat screen Polaroid TV for $500 on 10/6/2016, and in August 2017 the screen went black. I called Polaroid support who told me I had to take 5 very specific pictures of my TV, and send them along with a copy of my receipt, to polaroidtv@digitalsupportdesk.com. The support desk took 12 days to respond to my email and told me to box up and mail my 55" TV from Michigan to California AT MY EXPENSE for them to review. I was also notified that if there was any damage to the TV during shipping or if it wasn't shipped according to their specifications that they would not look at it.

I have a warranty Polaroid did not honor; my warranty states if my TV is 32" or larger than, Polaroid will send a tech out to my house to repair it... POLAROID DOESN'T EVEN HAVE TECHNICIANS IN MICHIGAN. I'll never trust Polaroid to provide a quality product, to honor a warranty, or to care about the customers that have made their company so expansive again.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

This is a great TV of course. I was talked into buying it when it was on sale when it first came out. I'm a single mother. It took a lot for me to come up with this money. Here it is a year-and-a-half later and the sound is out. Speakers won't even work. I just read it where someone said nobody in Michigan can fix it. I'm about to call them and go OFFFFFFF in the morn.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

The TV products that are put out by this company are a joke. I bought a 32'' for my daughter on black Friday last year and not even six months later it went out. I then had to pay almost half the price I paid for the TV to ship to the company to repair. Over a month later and still no update and no explanation on if it’s fixed or when. I know now to buy only Samsung TV's. It took me a month to get all the paperwork together to send it out but once I did I have called the service center and keep getting the same answer: "this is not an overnight fix you have to be patient." I figure after having a TV in your possession for over a month that's patient enough. For those looking to buy a TV from this company do yourself a favor. Spend the extra money on a Samsung or LG.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Polaroid?

Original review: June 26, 2017

I purchased a Polaroid Digital HD LED TV model-40GSR3100F for $269.88 on March 15, 2015. I was very satisfied at the time of purchase. The picture and sound were really good. By June 18, 2015 I was shipping my TV off to the warranty center in New Jersey at my expense. After having a "strong" conversation with one of the warranty specialist in regards to the incorrect instructions that were emailed to me and finally getting some clarity. I had to pay the shipping fees plus purchase a box to ship the TV in because the TV had gone blank, but had sound. I received another refurbished TV of the same model with some random parts in the box.

Fast forward, June 24, 2017 TV has stopped working altogether. The power button will not work. The TV will not turn on. I cannot find any TV repair person who will work on a Polaroid TV. I took a chance on buying this TV because I have always had good experiences with Polaroid cameras. However, I am highly disappointed and will not be purchasing anything else from Polaroid. TV shopping for the 4th of July!!!

Original review: June 2, 2017

The Polaroid was purchased on impulse, because on sale. I did have questions about the Polaroid television, as compared to better-known brands. However, the Polaroid has meet all criteria a person would want in a television: Clear video and audio, attractive, compact set and easily operated. I would readily purchase another Polaroid television with no misgivings about it not being a "standard" television brand name. A complaint about the screen size is really unfair to the television because it was my choice.

Original review: May 20, 2017

The 1st year or 2 TV kept turning red. I bought some cleaning wipes and it cleared up and (knock on wood) hasn't done it since. Mind you, I had done everything I knew to do. Polaroid TV had very good picture and sound. Although good, could be better.

Original review: May 12, 2017

Polaroid had to be contacted twice before giving instructions for repair. The TV had to be sent to CA for a repair at purchasers expense. Instructions were intimating. What is so special about Polaroid that there are NO repairmen in the state who can repair them? Anything can happen in transit even with the best of packaging. Polaroid seems to be using any minute excuse for not honoring their warranty.

Original review: April 4, 2017

This T.V. was bought in 2008 model # TDX03211C. Had a C.D. player in it which quit working long ago when I first bought it. Other than that I have been happy with it. Last night before shutting it off I heard a sound like a slow leak from a tire. Still had sound but no pic. Then the T.V. started smoking from the top and the bottom and smelled like plastic burning. I pulled the plug and continued to monitor the set to make sure it cooled down, which it did. I'm writing this because if I wasn't in the room or left the home my house could have burned down. This is a worry I never had before. Please be careful folks about leaving T.V. on while away from the home. Thanks.

Original review: March 13, 2017

I like the polaroid TV because it's priced right and the design is nice looking and fits almost anywhere. The quality of picture isn't the ultimate best but very close. No lines nor jumping of the picture and it has all the plugins that you might possibly need to hook up a surround sound or a computer etc. The size is perfect for wall or stand.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

I have purchased a Polaroid flat screen TV at Wal-Mart in 2008 and the DVD player quit working before a year was up. Every time I tried to reach them no answer and no website to be found. And on some channels they turned black. We have paid a lot for this TV and now not even within a year's time the DVD player stopped working. I had my RCA for over 12 years and work to this day. I am very upset that they have NOT responded on the complaint I put in with them. The DVD player was making a clunking sound and won't load the DVD. It said no DVD to be found. And now it started smelling like smoke so I have unplugged it and put it to the side. Still have the box to the TV. I have tried to contact Polaroid and have not had any luck. Can someone please help me? I am very upset with this matter. This could have burned my house down.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

I have dealt with a vertical line on this TV for years. Last night, I got awoke by smoke and chemical smell. Turned on the light and the room was so filled with smoke, I don't know how I was continuing to breathe! Needlessly to say, the TV doesn't work any more!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

I bought a Polaroid TV last year on Black Friday. April of 2016 it went out. I contacted customer support & we went round & round about the TV. I ended up paying $120 to send it back. On 11/22/16, I received a TV from them and the screen was cracked extensively, didn't work. Call customer support & put in a claim. Received another TV on 12/6/16, and this TV the Polaroid screen is dark, and it just shuts off. No picture, no nothing. So now, I have two TV's that do not work, and Polaroid wants me to pay to send the last one of them back at another $120.

I do not want a Polaroid TV, I want my money back. I would never recommend anyone to buy any type of Polaroid TV. This is not a good manufacturer and they do not stick to their warranty, they just send you defective replacements. I'm done with them and will make sure that my family members do not purchase no matter what the low cost of them may be at that time. It's not worth it at all. Never, ever again.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2016

I have a 2 year old Polaroid 50" flat screen TV which has stopped working. I have bought many Polaroid products over the years but I strongly recommend NEVER buying one of their TV's. I have had numerous calls with Customer Service and get a different story every time I talk to them. There is NO reason a TV that cost as much as this one did should go out in a little over two years. I am not going to give up on getting them to make it right. Today's final call with them informed me they do not care that the TV does not work and will do nothing to make it right.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2016

I bought their 42 inch led TV. Within one week the remote stopped working. It took two months to receive a new one. The picture is blurry and the new remote barely works. I called Fred Meyers where it was purchased and thank goodness they are going to take it back. Very unhappy with the customer service and will never purchase another item from Polaroid!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

I bought a Polaroid 42 inches 3d smart TV (Polaroid 42 Inch Full HD 3D LED Smart TV with Built-in Receiver - 42PB4500 ) however it went blank after 6 months from my purchase. I can't understand why this TV is made for a short lifetime, only on/off switch is functioning; can anyone help me to fix this problem.

Original review: July 7, 2016

I purchased a 55inch HD TV from QVC in Nov 2015. In Feb it started blacking out. It was doing it at least twice a day. I would cut off tv and cut back on. Now it's doing it at least 15-20 times a day. I have contacted QVC on so many occasions and I was getting was the runaround. They then stated I needed to contact Polaroid. So I did and they told me I have to send the tv to CA and I live in IL. That's going to approximately cost me over $200 to send in a TV that's defective messed up in under 6 mos. I can't afford to see this tv across country. It's 55 inches. I am so angry and upset I didn't receive help from either company. I am seeking legal assistance in a class action lawsuit against polaroid. I have seen so many consumer complaints that has the same issue that I am experiencing. If anyone wants to be included please respond to my complaint. Thank you.

Original review: July 6, 2016

I purchased the TV for my brother a year and a half ago. My screen went blank. It flashes Polaroid on it for about 2 seconds then screen goes black. From what I read it has happened to a lot of other consumers. I'm not sure why the Better Business Bureau hasn't been contacted about them yet. You purchase a new and expensive (at least on my budget) TV and it doesn't even last two years is pathetic and it is obviously a continuing problem and the company keeps making them. It isn't right and it is ripping off the consumers. I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER POLAROID PRODUCT!

Original review: June 11, 2016

We purchased a 55" Polaroid TV. Was very happy with the picture and functions. The glass bottom TV Stand had shattered, the TV fell over hitting the table it was on and broke on both ends. Polaroid did nothing for us.

Original review: April 28, 2016

I bought this TV at BrandsMart few months ago (09/2015). TV still in warranty. Now, when I turn my TV on I can't see anything (only a black screen) but the audio still good. This same thing happens sometimes before, but the TV come back to work properly. Now, I'm stuck on this black screen. I called Polaroid to get my warranty and they asked me to send TV back to Ontario/CA, AND I have to properly package the TV myself (if it get damage during shipping will void the warranty) and pay the $150 shipping cost (I live in Georgia). It doesn't worth... FIRST AND LAST EXPERIENCE EVER. Even if the price is good, DON'T BUY THIS PIECE OF JUNK.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2015

The television is twenty two inches and for the price, it is a good television. It comes with a built-in dvd player. My only complaint is that I wish I had a new smart tv.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2015

I bought this TV 7 yrs ago at Walmart store. It was a floor display. I paid 900.00 at the time. Size is 47." Menu is easy to use. The kids like to play their games on it because of the size and sound. It has been a good TV without any problems. Picture is good with good volume. I would like to see a lower price, but again this was 7 yrs ago. I would recommend this TV if you can find a reasonable price.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2015

Great TV. Never had a problem with the unit HDMI HD. A very good value for the size and picture quality. Outlasted the warranty and still going strong.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2015

I normally go for brand names. Polaroid, I always thought of them as a photo company. On seeing the Polaroid television I thought I would try this as like my last branded tv I had nothing to lose, as I didn't have my last television that long before I had the problem with it. I'd recommend Polaroid. The colours are sharp and sound is sharp too, not muffled like some when you raise the volume. Also I've had a few power cuts that hasn't interfered with this television.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2015

I called in with my issue with our 3 month old 55" UHD 4K TV from Polaroid that we bought at Fry's Electronics. After debating with Fry's, I called Polaroid to a very uneducated customer service representative. Meaning they didn't even know the product. When I explained my situation and that the TV was Brand New and never moved, they said it didn't matter and that I needed to mail the TV to a place in LA that would have cost me over 200 dollars. The warranty states IN HOME Service but Polaroid says that they don't do that anymore. It's freaking joke. Luckily Fry's agreed to take the TV back.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2015

My son purchased a Polaroid P28LED13 for his 9th birthday with his birthday money and it is now 19 months old and will not switch on. This was purchased from ASDA who have been fobbing me off and sending me around in circles. It turns out that Polaroid are ASDA although staff in store do not seem to realize this as they constantly told me to ring the supplier. To cut a long story short after the warranty is up if they break they are just for the tip. No one is interested in problems with them. If you do purchase a Polaroid TV from ASDA be warned that it could just last a year!!! In future I will pay a little bit more to a reputable brand that has a decent service department who do still want to help after warranty!!!!

Original review: July 11, 2015

Within a few months of purchasing TV, remote quit working. None of the remote codes work with this TV for Universal or our cable box remote. I can't turn volume up on the side of the TV either. In my opinion, POLAROID IS JUNK. I would never buy another and definitely would not recommend. Of course we didn't save the receipt.

Original review: July 8, 2015

50 inch TV less than 1 year picture went out completely. Sent it across country east cost to Cal. to Empire Electronics (real manufacturer) at my expense to be fixed and got another TV 2 weeks later with a different serial # that was not fixed. A big brown striped down the side of the tube and a cracked effect to the picture, NOT EVEN MADE BY POLAROID. They just use that name. Customer service is a sham, no resolve. DO NOT BUY.

Original review: July 7, 2015

I bought my granddaughter a 40 inch Polaroid TV from my local ASDA. Paid cash for it... It worked well at first, good picture then we noticed the remote didn't work. All the time we kept changing the batteries thinking it might help, then bought a new remote control, then looked through the booklet we found. It says "Use the control at the side to turn on & off a flimsy little button that decides when & if it will switch on." It doesn't come on at all. Now we just have a flashing red light.... We don't have the receipt due to a house move & I called ASDA who couldn't care less. They would not even offer a help suggestion... Except call Polaroid themselves. So my lovely present to my granddaughter is totally useless. I'm going to my local store to hang about the TV area & anyone showing an interest in the brand I'm going to make them aware of the pitfalls so it can't happen to more people. I feel totally ripped off.

Polaroid TV Company Information

Polaroid
www.polaroid.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use