1.46/5
Based on 332 reviews that contain star ratings

1035 Polaroid TV Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 18, 2019

I bought a 43 inch Polaroid smart tv. It lasted 14 months before it started to cause problems. When contacting Asda, the store I got it from, they were less than sympathetic because it was out of the 12 month guarantee period. If you want to get a new smart tv, DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE AND GO TO A MORE RELIABLE STORE as I have been forced to do.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I bought a 49" Polaroid Tv for about $300 from one of the electronic stores. Long story short, the over the air turner IS CRAP. I ALWAYS HAVE TO MOVE the antenna around. IT HAS A HARD TIME holding a signal. It very frustrating when trying to watch a channel that originally starts out fine but then loses signal. If I walk to a different space in my apartment it could/and does affect the signal. Just a weak tv turner. You pay for what you get, especially with electronics.

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

After reading all the negative reviews, thought I'd add my own. Purchased a 32" inch TV from Target August 2018. It is now December 2018 and the TV is either having volume issues or the speakers are going out. This for a TV less than 6 mos from the date of purchase. Needless to say, I am not going to ship this back to Polaroid. $120.00 bucks to ship for a product that cost $148.00 is ludicrous. Hopefully adding my experience to the ongoing posts denoting a deplorable set of products will effect Polaroid's bottom line until it changes a very dishonest and manipulative business model.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

Polaroid 32 in tv. Bad tv out of the box. Called police as Reid and they said it was not under warranty even though it had not been a year. Very disappointed in this company for not fixing the product or at least replacing it.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

I bought this tv about 8 months ago because of the built-in Chromecast. Now it won't cast because it won't connect to the wifi. Don't know what the problem is because everything else connects so I know it's not the wifi.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Polaroid?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

When I first bought this tele, I thought I had made a great, cheap purchase. Only took me an hour to realize I was wrong: it freezes, crashes, the volume cuts out, the picture messes up... These things happen at random times about 3 times a week when myself and my wife are watching something. We've recently started using a usb for recording to watch later; we daren't press fast forward through adverts as this causes the whole thing to crash with the remote non responsive!!

It just seems like everything that can be irritating in a tv just is with this one, I usually keep receipts for everything I buy but unfortunately and very frustratingly I lost the one for this tv. Otherwise I would've been straight back to get my money back!! I gave 2 stars instead of 1 because, to be fair, when the tv is working it's great; the picture is clear, the sound is good etc etc. People who don't have problems with theirs will like this tv, but judging by this reviews section I don't think there's many happy customers. Therefore I will go ahead and say... DO NOT BUY!!

Original review: July 17, 2018

I have purchased this Polaroid 49" 4K UHD TV through an employee rewards program. We have only used it for 3 weeks and it has started acting up. The picture has a glow all across the bottom. Polaroid will not have a local repair shop service the TV. Furthermore, they make the consumer pay shipping to California for service work. So bottom line is Polaroid puts warranty service expenses on the consumer. If you are reading this, do yourself a favor & purchase a different brand. Polaroid does not take responsibility for poor quality products.

Original review: June 16, 2018

This is the second Polaroid TV, an 32" LED. The first wouldn't turn on so had to do battle with Target to return it and get a replacement. Well after much drama it arrived. Worked great for perhaps 5 minutes then turned its self to black and white... I can not find a way to return it to color. Bottomline, garbage.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I wish I read these reviews before I purchased the Polaroid 43 in HD tv as well. I bought it in Dec. By April (4 mos later) it started acting up. The volume did not work and I could not turn it off! I called customer support and they said I should try a new remote. After trying that (which didn't work) I asked to use the warranty. In the meantime the tv now would turn off...but when I'd turn it back on it would turn off in 5 seconds by itself!! So I did all requirements for the warranty and then they tell me I need to send them the tv!! Mail it to CA. from MA. at my cost!!! I am beyond disgusted with this process and will NEVER purchase a Polaroid product again.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Very sorry I didn't check reviews before buying 43 inch HD with Chromecast built in. It is only now that I see other reviews with the identical problem I had. After owning the TV for 4 months the screen went black. Sound continued to work as well as everything else, just no picture. As others have stated after taking specific photos and sending information to Polaroid, they request TV be sent to them and consumer's expense. Living on the East Coast in NC and having to send across the country to CA is ridiculous. I will not be sending the TV back nor will I ever purchase another Polaroid product.

Original review: March 2, 2018

The tv that I received as a gift lasted for a long time and the picture was vibrant and clear. The sound wasn't too good but overall it was a great tv.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I bought my tv from an older person. It is old and is out of date but, still works great. The picture, color and sound is clear. It's just the remote that comes with it sticks a lot.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

Polaroid 32" 32GSD3000FB Led Combo TV/DVD Player - Very simply, unboxed and set up TV, it wouldn't turn on. Customer service closed. Reboxed and returned. I would have awaited their support department's reply to my rather terse email, but instead used the time to research Polaroid TVs and changed my mind. My new policy on items of this nature and price: set up in store and demonstrate before I take it home. No exceptions.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

First, I would like to say that I buy a lot of things online and, therefore, get asked to do product reviews on quite literally dozens of different things every month. That being said, I have never rated anything with 1 star. Ever. Well... Until now. I got the 43" Polaroid 4k Ultra HD TV (with Chromecast pre-installed) as a gift and I'm pretty sure that they put a 720p in the box instead. The picture quality is garbage. My 1080p that's well over 5 years old has better picture quality than this thing. And that's only one issue. When I first set up the TV (which took forever, by the way) and eventually gave up on trying to pair my Xfinity X1 remote with it (I've never had a problem pairing the remote with any of my other televisions) the color was all washed out.

After doing some reading online (because this thing came with very little information in the box and had nothing even remotely resembling an owners manual) a lot of sites were telling me that most TVs come preset for the display floor (i.e. at their brightest setting) so that it brings more attention to the TV when customers are shopping. Every site said that EVERY TV has an option to change it and that all I had to do was change the setting. Except there is no setting like that, that I could find. Because the menu options on the TV are even limited. I had to manually mess around with the brightness, contrast, etc. to try to darken the settings enough that I could even see what was on the TV without it blinding me. So now it just looks dark.

When I hit the display button on the very cheap remote, it tells me that it's displaying in 720p@60Hz! That's from my Xfinity X1 HD cable, or when I use Chromecast. When I change to my other source (HDMI 3) and turn on my Playstation 3, it displays at 420p@60Hz! Seriously! It also shrinks my screen that I'm using about half of it. And it's not the Playstation because, again, I didn't have this problem with my old TV. It also has very little hookups on it. My sound bar and subwoofer have to be hooked up to the headphone jack (yeah.. There's a HEADPHONE jack on a 43" "smart" TV) and the sound quality is garbage. (And because the third time is a charm, I will again mention that I had no problems with my soundbar and subwoofer hooked up to my old TV).

There are no audio out/inputs either. No Bluetooth hookup. And my Google Home mini (that's supposed to work with my TV, because of the Chromecast) can't communicate with the TV. I've tried to get help from Polaroid. Even emailed their "customer service" asking if they could help me navigate through the menu and try to fix these issues. Wasn't rude about it or anything. I just wanted help so I could enjoy my gift! Someone sent me back a very unprofessional email simply listing the site (which I was already on and which offered ZERO help), an email (that I had already emailed and got this ridiculous response from) and a phone number (which I plan to call tomorrow). Hopefully I have more luck talking to an actual person, though my hopes are set extremely low at this point.

This email said NOTHING else. No, "Hello. We're sorry you're having problems. Here's our number and our hours of operation. Sincerely, someone's name" etc. Just "Customer service" and then a website, email and phone number. I was so excited when I first got this TV as a gift from my husband. But within minutes of turning it on I was extremely disappointed. I even almost broke down into tears (after spending over an hour switching back and forth between trying to mess with the limited menu setting on the TV and scrolling through numerous other websites, looking for ANY info that might be helpful) because he went through so much trouble (and money) getting it for me because I've wanted a new TV for so long. Only for me to absolutely hate this TV! If you're considering buying a 4k TV, PLEASE look into another company! I know you don't know me from Eve, but TRUST ME on this! You will be extremely disappointed!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Bought new headphones - Only one earpiece is working and the DVD rejects all the time. Asda always sell cheap knock off stuff and sells them at top prices. I will not recommend these TV's. You will be disappointed. Believe me. Pay a bit extra and get what it says on the box.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I live in Michigan, bought a 55" flat screen Polaroid TV for $500 on 10/6/2016, and in August 2017 the screen went black. I called Polaroid support who told me I had to take 5 very specific pictures of my TV, and send them along with a copy of my receipt, to polaroidtv@digitalsupportdesk.com. The support desk took 12 days to respond to my email and told me to box up and mail my 55" TV from Michigan to California AT MY EXPENSE for them to review. I was also notified that if there was any damage to the TV during shipping or if it wasn't shipped according to their specifications that they would not look at it.

I have a warranty Polaroid did not honor; my warranty states if my TV is 32" or larger than, Polaroid will send a tech out to my house to repair it... POLAROID DOESN'T EVEN HAVE TECHNICIANS IN MICHIGAN. I'll never trust Polaroid to provide a quality product, to honor a warranty, or to care about the customers that have made their company so expansive again.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

This is a great TV of course. I was talked into buying it when it was on sale when it first came out. I'm a single mother. It took a lot for me to come up with this money. Here it is a year-and-a-half later and the sound is out. Speakers won't even work. I just read it where someone said nobody in Michigan can fix it. I'm about to call them and go OFFFFFFF in the morn.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

The TV products that are put out by this company are a joke. I bought a 32'' for my daughter on black Friday last year and not even six months later it went out. I then had to pay almost half the price I paid for the TV to ship to the company to repair. Over a month later and still no update and no explanation on if it’s fixed or when. I know now to buy only Samsung TV's. It took me a month to get all the paperwork together to send it out but once I did I have called the service center and keep getting the same answer: "this is not an overnight fix you have to be patient." I figure after having a TV in your possession for over a month that's patient enough. For those looking to buy a TV from this company do yourself a favor. Spend the extra money on a Samsung or LG.

Original review: June 26, 2017

I purchased a Polaroid Digital HD LED TV model-40GSR3100F for $269.88 on March 15, 2015. I was very satisfied at the time of purchase. The picture and sound were really good. By June 18, 2015 I was shipping my TV off to the warranty center in New Jersey at my expense. After having a "strong" conversation with one of the warranty specialist in regards to the incorrect instructions that were emailed to me and finally getting some clarity. I had to pay the shipping fees plus purchase a box to ship the TV in because the TV had gone blank, but had sound. I received another refurbished TV of the same model with some random parts in the box.

Fast forward, June 24, 2017 TV has stopped working altogether. The power button will not work. The TV will not turn on. I cannot find any TV repair person who will work on a Polaroid TV. I took a chance on buying this TV because I have always had good experiences with Polaroid cameras. However, I am highly disappointed and will not be purchasing anything else from Polaroid. TV shopping for the 4th of July!!!

Original review: June 2, 2017

The Polaroid was purchased on impulse, because on sale. I did have questions about the Polaroid television, as compared to better-known brands. However, the Polaroid has meet all criteria a person would want in a television: Clear video and audio, attractive, compact set and easily operated. I would readily purchase another Polaroid television with no misgivings about it not being a "standard" television brand name. A complaint about the screen size is really unfair to the television because it was my choice.

Original review: May 20, 2017

The 1st year or 2 TV kept turning red. I bought some cleaning wipes and it cleared up and (knock on wood) hasn't done it since. Mind you, I had done everything I knew to do. Polaroid TV had very good picture and sound. Although good, could be better.

Original review: May 12, 2017

Polaroid had to be contacted twice before giving instructions for repair. The TV had to be sent to CA for a repair at purchasers expense. Instructions were intimating. What is so special about Polaroid that there are NO repairmen in the state who can repair them? Anything can happen in transit even with the best of packaging. Polaroid seems to be using any minute excuse for not honoring their warranty.

Original review: April 4, 2017

This T.V. was bought in 2008 model # TDX03211C. Had a C.D. player in it which quit working long ago when I first bought it. Other than that I have been happy with it. Last night before shutting it off I heard a sound like a slow leak from a tire. Still had sound but no pic. Then the T.V. started smoking from the top and the bottom and smelled like plastic burning. I pulled the plug and continued to monitor the set to make sure it cooled down, which it did. I'm writing this because if I wasn't in the room or left the home my house could have burned down. This is a worry I never had before. Please be careful folks about leaving T.V. on while away from the home. Thanks.

Original review: March 13, 2017

I like the polaroid TV because it's priced right and the design is nice looking and fits almost anywhere. The quality of picture isn't the ultimate best but very close. No lines nor jumping of the picture and it has all the plugins that you might possibly need to hook up a surround sound or a computer etc. The size is perfect for wall or stand.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

I have purchased a Polaroid flat screen TV at Wal-Mart in 2008 and the DVD player quit working before a year was up. Every time I tried to reach them no answer and no website to be found. And on some channels they turned black. We have paid a lot for this TV and now not even within a year's time the DVD player stopped working. I had my RCA for over 12 years and work to this day. I am very upset that they have NOT responded on the complaint I put in with them. The DVD player was making a clunking sound and won't load the DVD. It said no DVD to be found. And now it started smelling like smoke so I have unplugged it and put it to the side. Still have the box to the TV. I have tried to contact Polaroid and have not had any luck. Can someone please help me? I am very upset with this matter. This could have burned my house down.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

I have dealt with a vertical line on this TV for years. Last night, I got awoke by smoke and chemical smell. Turned on the light and the room was so filled with smoke, I don't know how I was continuing to breathe! Needlessly to say, the TV doesn't work any more!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

I bought a Polaroid TV last year on Black Friday. April of 2016 it went out. I contacted customer support & we went round & round about the TV. I ended up paying $120 to send it back. On 11/22/16, I received a TV from them and the screen was cracked extensively, didn't work. Call customer support & put in a claim. Received another TV on 12/6/16, and this TV the Polaroid screen is dark, and it just shuts off. No picture, no nothing. So now, I have two TV's that do not work, and Polaroid wants me to pay to send the last one of them back at another $120.

I do not want a Polaroid TV, I want my money back. I would never recommend anyone to buy any type of Polaroid TV. This is not a good manufacturer and they do not stick to their warranty, they just send you defective replacements. I'm done with them and will make sure that my family members do not purchase no matter what the low cost of them may be at that time. It's not worth it at all. Never, ever again.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2016

I have a 2 year old Polaroid 50" flat screen TV which has stopped working. I have bought many Polaroid products over the years but I strongly recommend NEVER buying one of their TV's. I have had numerous calls with Customer Service and get a different story every time I talk to them. There is NO reason a TV that cost as much as this one did should go out in a little over two years. I am not going to give up on getting them to make it right. Today's final call with them informed me they do not care that the TV does not work and will do nothing to make it right.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2016

I bought their 42 inch led TV. Within one week the remote stopped working. It took two months to receive a new one. The picture is blurry and the new remote barely works. I called Fred Meyers where it was purchased and thank goodness they are going to take it back. Very unhappy with the customer service and will never purchase another item from Polaroid!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

I bought a Polaroid 42 inches 3d smart TV (Polaroid 42 Inch Full HD 3D LED Smart TV with Built-in Receiver - 42PB4500 ) however it went blank after 6 months from my purchase. I can't understand why this TV is made for a short lifetime, only on/off switch is functioning; can anyone help me to fix this problem.

Polaroid TV Company Information