Polaroid TV

Compare TV Brands

Research top TV Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have a 2 year old Polaroid 50" flat screen TV which has stopped working. I have bought many Polaroid products over the years but I strongly recommend NEVER buying one of their TV's. I have had numerous calls with Customer Service and get a different story every time I talk to them. There is NO reason a TV that cost as much as this one did should go out in a little over two years. I am not going to give up on getting them to make it right. Today's final call with them informed me they do not care that the TV does not work and will do nothing to make it right.

I bought their 42 inch led TV. Within one week the remote stopped working. It took two months to receive a new one. The picture is blurry and the new remote barely works. I called Fred Meyers where it was purchased and thank goodness they are going to take it back. Very unhappy with the customer service and will never purchase another item from Polaroid!

I bought a Polaroid 42 inches 3d smart TV (Polaroid 42 Inch Full HD 3D LED Smart TV with Built-in Receiver - 42PB4500 ) however it went blank after 6 months from my purchase. I can't understand why this TV is made for a short lifetime, only on/off switch is functioning; can anyone help me to fix this problem.

I purchased a 55inch HD TV from QVC in Nov 2015. In Feb it started blacking out. It was doing it at least twice a day. I would cut off tv and cut back on. Now it's doing it at least 15-20 times a day. I have contacted QVC on so many occasions and I was getting was the runaround. They then stated I needed to contact Polaroid. So I did and they told me I have to send the tv to CA and I live in IL. That's going to approximately cost me over $200 to send in a TV that's defective messed up in under 6 mos. I can't afford to see this tv across country. It's 55 inches. I am so angry and upset I didn't receive help from either company. I am seeking legal assistance in a class action lawsuit against polaroid. I have seen so many consumer complaints that has the same issue that I am experiencing. If anyone wants to be included please respond to my complaint. Thank you.

I purchased the TV for my brother a year and a half ago. My screen went blank. It flashes Polaroid on it for about 2 seconds then screen goes black. From what I read it has happened to a lot of other consumers. I'm not sure why the Better Business Bureau hasn't been contacted about them yet. You purchase a new and expensive (at least on my budget) TV and it doesn't even last two years is pathetic and it is obviously a continuing problem and the company keeps making them. It isn't right and it is ripping off the consumers. I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER POLAROID PRODUCT!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Polaroid?

We purchased a 55" Polaroid TV. Was very happy with the picture and functions. The glass bottom TV Stand had shattered, the TV fell over hitting the table it was on and broke on both ends. Polaroid did nothing for us.

I bought this TV at BrandsMart few months ago (09/2015). TV still in warranty. Now, when I turn my TV on I can't see anything (only a black screen) but the audio still good. This same thing happens sometimes before, but the TV come back to work properly. Now, I'm stuck on this black screen. I called Polaroid to get my warranty and they asked me to send TV back to Ontario/CA, AND I have to properly package the TV myself (if it get damage during shipping will void the warranty) and pay the $150 shipping cost (I live in Georgia). It doesn't worth... FIRST AND LAST EXPERIENCE EVER. Even if the price is good, DON'T BUY THIS PIECE OF JUNK.

The television is twenty two inches and for the price, it is a good television. It comes with a built-in dvd player. My only complaint is that I wish I had a new smart tv.

I bought this TV 7 yrs ago at Walmart store. It was a floor display. I paid 900.00 at the time. Size is 47." Menu is easy to use. The kids like to play their games on it because of the size and sound. It has been a good TV without any problems. Picture is good with good volume. I would like to see a lower price, but again this was 7 yrs ago. I would recommend this TV if you can find a reasonable price.

Great TV. Never had a problem with the unit HDMI HD. A very good value for the size and picture quality. Outlasted the warranty and still going strong.

I normally go for brand names. Polaroid, I always thought of them as a photo company. On seeing the Polaroid television I thought I would try this as like my last branded tv I had nothing to lose, as I didn't have my last television that long before I had the problem with it. I'd recommend Polaroid. The colours are sharp and sound is sharp too, not muffled like some when you raise the volume. Also I've had a few power cuts that hasn't interfered with this television.

I called in with my issue with our 3 month old 55" UHD 4K TV from Polaroid that we bought at Fry's Electronics. After debating with Fry's, I called Polaroid to a very uneducated customer service representative. Meaning they didn't even know the product. When I explained my situation and that the TV was Brand New and never moved, they said it didn't matter and that I needed to mail the TV to a place in LA that would have cost me over 200 dollars. The warranty states IN HOME Service but Polaroid says that they don't do that anymore. It's freaking joke. Luckily Fry's agreed to take the TV back.

My son purchased a Polaroid P28LED13 for his 9th birthday with his birthday money and it is now 19 months old and will not switch on. This was purchased from ASDA who have been fobbing me off and sending me around in circles. It turns out that Polaroid are ASDA although staff in store do not seem to realize this as they constantly told me to ring the supplier. To cut a long story short after the warranty is up if they break they are just for the tip. No one is interested in problems with them. If you do purchase a Polaroid TV from ASDA be warned that it could just last a year!!! In future I will pay a little bit more to a reputable brand that has a decent service department who do still want to help after warranty!!!!

Within a few months of purchasing TV, remote quit working. None of the remote codes work with this TV for Universal or our cable box remote. I can't turn volume up on the side of the TV either. In my opinion, POLAROID IS JUNK. I would never buy another and definitely would not recommend. Of course we didn't save the receipt.

50 inch TV less than 1 year picture went out completely. Sent it across country east cost to Cal. to Empire Electronics (real manufacturer) at my expense to be fixed and got another TV 2 weeks later with a different serial # that was not fixed. A big brown striped down the side of the tube and a cracked effect to the picture, NOT EVEN MADE BY POLAROID. They just use that name. Customer service is a sham, no resolve. DO NOT BUY.

I bought my granddaughter a 40 inch Polaroid TV from my local ASDA. Paid cash for it... It worked well at first, good picture then we noticed the remote didn't work. All the time we kept changing the batteries thinking it might help, then bought a new remote control, then looked through the booklet we found. It says "Use the control at the side to turn on & off a flimsy little button that decides when & if it will switch on." It doesn't come on at all. Now we just have a flashing red light.... We don't have the receipt due to a house move & I called ASDA who couldn't care less. They would not even offer a help suggestion... Except call Polaroid themselves. So my lovely present to my granddaughter is totally useless. I'm going to my local store to hang about the TV area & anyone showing an interest in the brand I'm going to make them aware of the pitfalls so it can't happen to more people. I feel totally ripped off.

I bought the TV August of 2013. It is not 2 years old yet. It is in my bed room. I used it for about 2 hours at night and 1 hour in the morning. In April it stopped working. I found out the board went in it. They do not make good tvs. I'll never buy another Polaroid product.

I purchased my Polaroid TV for a Christmas present in 2013. I was nervous being a first time owner of this brand. The only thing I would recommend is that the smart version be a bit easier to use. My current version is a 50 inch but the next one will be the bigger one. Just hope it will have built in smart capabilities. My only real complaint is since the purchase the color has faded a bit but maybe I just got unlucky and got one that shouldn't have been sold.

My 32 inch Polaroid flat screen scrambles on the bottom of the screen and shuts off by itself.

I have been generally happy with our Polaroid TV. The DVD player did stop working after not so long, but I could live without that. However, it randomly started hissing and smoking tonight. I was very disappointed to see that this seems to be a fairly common widespread issue. I can live without a TV, but what if my house caught fire?

I would turn my Polaroid tv on using the remote or buttons on the back of tv. At first it would come on, display the Polaroid name and go off. So I tried using the remote again after turning the tv on. I would push the channel buttons repeatedly and sometimes it would catch and stay on, but don't dare turn it off, for you'd have to go through the same procedure again and again til it stayed on. Now it won't even catch using the channel buttons and it goes on for a couple seconds, shows the Polaroid name and shuts off. I'm so mad because at the time I paid over $200 for this piece of junk. And it looks like new because I took care of it, but it sure doesn't act like it.

I just don't like the remote. It is all black so you can hardly see it!!! Would be nice to have different color on the remote!

Polaroid LE-40GCL-Y - I cannot find a code to program my SKY Rev 9f remote to control this TV. I have tried approximately 30 different codes gleaned from the SKY Community Forum and SKY TV itself, none of which work. If Polaroid could supply the correct code which I presume it has already supplied to SKY, I would be most grateful. The TV itself is fine but to have to use 2 remotes in this day and age is not on.

I purchased my Polaroid LCD in 2007. I had it eight months when it stopped working. It would not come on at all, the standby light was the only thing that worked on it. After months of emailing back and forth with the company, they finally sent someone to replace the motherboard in my set. I hardly ever use this set and after reading about all the fires I'll never use it again.

Hi, I just watched this young man's video (5 parts) on YouTube ** and he describes that there are two capacitors side by side inside the back of the TV that had gone bad. They were only 12 volt or something like that, and he could only find 30 volt at Radio Shack, but felt they would work. They worked fine, but he had to desauter the old ones to get them out and then sauter in the new ones. It didn't look too hard, but probably a repair person would be a better choice for someone like me! So, anyway, it sounds like the capacitors Polaroid put in that model of their flat screen TVs were insufficient. If so, it seems like a class action lawsuit could be filed. In the least, they should be made to do a recall to replace the capacitors.

I am very happy with the TV I got, which I received as a Christmas present two years ago, and I have had very little problems with. There has been one that I find rather odd though, and it quite frustrating sometimes. My TV will occasionally turn itself on for no reason at 3 in the morning, and it's always 3 am every time. Aside from that, I haven't had any trouble with it.

I bought a polaroid tv at brandsmart in deerfield beach 3/28/2014. Within two weeks the screen started to dim at the edges. Within two months the picture went black permanently. I paid over $300 and had the television for two months! I was so disgusted. Now, to take advantage of the manufacturer’s warranty, I have to send the tv to California (at my expense) for around $200. Polaroid has been no help and offer no solutions other than to pay UPS and send the tv back. I make $8/hour and I just can't afford that. Not without any guarantee, ya know? Just do yourself a favor and purchase another brand. We as consumers must not support a company as shoddy as Polaroid. You will waste your money and you WILL be disappointed. DO NOT PURCHASE A POLAROID TV!!

I bought this TV 13 months ago, no picture no sound, stays in standby mode. I would never buy Polaroid products again. I called them and they wouldn’t help me at all.

It's the worst TV I ever paid for. Within a year the TV started getting a black line across the middle of screen and 6 months later it was all the way across the 46 inch TV. Then I had a 2 screen TV that I didn't want at all. That's not all, the sound started going the TV, got very hot.

Purchased Polaroid led TV in July 10, 2014 at electronic express in Tullahoma TN. At 8:05 Dec 1, 2014, TV went black. Something need to be done about right away......

Polaroid TV Company Profile