Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.19/5

Sceptre TV Reviews

Original review: April 8, 2020

I bought this 32" Sceptre TV in August, 2005 for the living room. My daughter was going through a rough time and watched a lot of television and it was on even when she would go outside to do yard work, she just turned the volume to full blast. Yes, I have read the other reviews and the speakers did not last. We also bought a sound bar, but that should be a tail for another review (it has a habit of turning itself off.)

It is now April 2020 and I think the video card is having an issue. It was on and suddenly the screen went dark. I turned it off, let it sit and turned it back on. It flashed the Sceptre logo a second then went off again to a purple/blue screen like when it is starting. Then it went dark. I noticed it flashed on and off for a while like it was trying to start. This television has been on practically nonstop since the day it was purchased. I would say it has earned a lovely retirement. I am hoping it will come back, but not placing any bets. We are in lock down with the Corona virus and it won't be easy to replace, but I will be looking for another Sceptre.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

I own two Sceptre products and I haven't been disappointed in either purchase. I've owned the 65 inch 4k curved TV for about a year and a half and still have three years of warranty through Walmart. The TV looks beautiful and my friends/family can't believe what I paid for it. My computer monitor is the Sceptre 32 inch 1080p tv and it works wonderfully. The image is great and it has enough real estate to allow me to run multiple programs simultaneously. Again, at an impressively low price point. Sceptre products aren't going to be as thin or have high-quality materials used by more expensive competitors (Samsung, Sony, LG, etc.). It's primarily plastic with less than average speakers, but if image quality is what you're after at a low price point, they can't be beat.

Get buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

Purchased my 75" TV just over a year ago and it is still working like the day I got it. The initial purchase was through Walmart and I had a terrible experience there. Long story short, two of the three attempts of shipping the TV to the store were "lost". Fortunately, I received the third and a bit of satisfaction that Walmart hopefully took the hit for around $1,700 of lost product.

Changing the display settings was quite a long process of trial and error, however; having figured that part out according to my devices and their required settings, the TV has impressively clear picture quality for the price well under $1,000 each. Further, the option of buying a non-smart TV is difficult to find these days but was exactly what I wanted. For those reviews saying the sound quality is poor, I think that may be an issue with the unit itself as I often keep mine below 25/100 even with lots of company over. Overall, I am satisfied with this company and would be very likely to buy another TV product from them as well as recommend it to others.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I own four Sceptre TVs from a 18 inch to 40 inch. All of them perform perfectly and if I ever have to replace them I will buy Sceptre again. Read all these reviews carefully. Aside from the obvious "dead on arrival" or otherwise broken, it is clear to me that these people never picked up the hand book. Trust me, Sceptre TVs as as good or better than the Samsungs, LGs, Visions, etc.

JD from SC

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

I decided to review the Sceptre brand TVs I own because most people probably have not heard of them. I own two 43 inch 4K Sceptres. They cost around $300 and I use them in my trading setup. One is three years old and so far no issues. You get a lot for the money. The image is much more detailed than my 1080P screen, and you get several HDMI inputs. The only downside is the screen will flicker on occasion and they take longer to turn on than I would like.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sceptre TV?

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

I purchased a total of 5 tvs for 129.00 on Wal-Mart online website and 2 of the tvs were good. Had them for 5 years until I gave the one I was using. So yesterday I opened a Sceptre TV out of the box and it was pixelated...the picture was not showing after 1 day of setting it up and I'm upset because I didn't use the tv right away but I had no use for it. I just bought it as a backup so basically the tv was more than likely a bad t.v. which is only 3 years old. Which they're in the store for around that same amount of time. So I threw it out and opened my last tv but never again will I purchase a sceptre tv. Sometimes cheap is not better and with a 1 year warranty it is not long enough to determine if a product is defective or not!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

I bought the 55 inch Tv one year ago. I finally opened to put in my guest room. Only a blue light came on. No picture or sound. I emailed tech support and did not get a response. I’m not sure what to do with the TV. It’s probable not worth taking for repairs as it was bought on Black Friday sale.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I bought a Sceptre 32 inch TV through Walmart, because my problem occurred before the initial warranty was up (I did buy an extended warranty) I had to send my TV to Sceptre for repair. The tech I talked to at Sceptre said I could not return the TV without their pre-approval and to get that pre-approval I needed to send in a photo of the TV screen with the defect visible. I had a thing row of green dots across the middle of the screen so I had to get close to the screen so the dots were visible on my photo. I sent it in and the tech replied that I had to get the whole screen in the photo. To do that I had to back off and then the green line was not visible on the photo.

I took many photos and sent them in. Then the tech told me I must have the original box and styrofoam packing to return. I did have them, the tech sounded disappointed. I would then have to pay shipping for Los Angeles. As I only paid $89 for the unit it would cost me almost that to send it in. Of course I will never buy another Sceptre. Oh and be careful what you buy through Walmart, some items you cannot return to them and you fall into the trap I find myself in.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

I purchased a 40" Sceptre television in 2012. Other than not being able to turn it on without unplugging it then plugging it back in first, the television still works perfect. In 2019, the TV began having power issues. I looked online to see if other people were having the same problem and sure enough, over 100,000 consumers were. I contacted sceptre per instructions in their manual only to be told that it would cost me to repair it. This is a manufacturer glitch (much like a recall on a car) and should be addressed by sceptre. Sceptre's response to me was I can sell the television for parts.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

DO NOT PURCHASE SCEPTER BRAND TV!!. I purchased a 65inch Sceptre TV in Sept. 2018. It went out in Feb. 2019. Sceptre sent me a replacement TV in April 2019, I didn't open the replacement TV until Aug. 2019. Here it is Dec. 2019 and the replacement TV just went out in less than 4 months of usage. Contacted Sceptre and was told that they don't start the warranty over on replacement. So my warranty is expired because they're using the same warranty from my original purchase in Sept. How can they justify that? In reality, I only had a 5 month warranty on the replacement TV. Bad products and shady business practices. If they would have told me about the warranty l would have purchased an extended warranty. I'm sitting here without my TV because they want me to pay for shipping and repairs. Please stay away from Sceptre.

Sceptre TV Company Information