3.8/5 (187 ratings)

About Sceptre TV

Sceptre TV Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sceptre TV?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sceptre TV?

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

Amazing to show with closed captions with tv. Deaf people love to read what they are talking about and they are very good work! And continue to work to improve in future and more teach people to change their life to see and different styles too.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

I purchased my second TV-Dvd player and it is unbelievable. It took us compak 5 minutes to set up and the one I just purchased is a 32 inch. The quality is perfect and the sound is amazing. Why I purchased the 2nd one is the fact of their Customer Service Support which is outstanding. I had to call them and ask a question and it took less than 2 minutes to reach a "live operator", and I was done in a minute. Try this with another company. You won't find this type of support at all. When you purchase a product you have to consider Price/Quality/ and the Sound but you have to look at "Customer Support" and this company has it all. I plan to buy 2 more for each of my grandchildren for Christmas. One amazing experience for me...

Get buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

Sceptre is really inexpensive and now I know why. All flat screens look great and it lasts just long enough to exceed the warranty. It did look great and now it's time for the scrapyard. I went through Sceptre Customer Service, did a Factory Reset twice and they agree the TV has internal problems. I have Asurion through my credit card and I have to load this 50" Dead TV into my car and find a repair shop and have them give me an estimate to repair it. Or pay a repair person to visit my home, which isn't worth it. I will be buying a quality brand to replace the Sceptre mistake.

Original review: July 26, 2021

The TV did not work properly from the very first day I purchased it. Now the remote no longer works no matter how many times you change the batteries. You can never get anyone from customer service to pick up the phone. My complaints I have are shared by many other customers. Seems like this company knows it made a faulty product and will not stand behind it. Will never purchase anything from this company again. I can't even get a replace remote that was defective!!!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

The tv works fine, but after almost a year of use noticed some flickering on screen, so I contacted support to get it fixed under the factory warranty, everything was smooth although the process took a bit long because they would take their time to reply back. After 2 weeks of nothing through email today I finally got my tv back but apparently they couldn't repair it, they haven't sent me any info nor didn't sent anything with the TV regarding the still present flickering, as a matter of fact we haven't exchanged word since they sent me the return label for Fedex. Too good to be true, oh well time to move on from this company.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2020

Purchased the 32" Sceptre TV at Walmart on-line. The tv was delivered Sunday afternoon. Went through the usual set-up process. Began to watch a program after set-up and within 15 minutes there was a loud pop and the tv screen went blank. As I tried the remote to turn it back on the back of the tv began to smoke. End of the Sceptre TV. Very disappointed.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2020

I have owned multiple Sceptre TVs. I would say for the money it's a good value, however, if you're looking to actually hear anything you will need a soundbar that is not made by Sceptre. I would rate the TVs at a four if it wasn't for the fact you can't hear anything even at maximum level. The Soundbar is beyond subpar, not to mention it has minimal intelligence. You can press the volume up button and most of the time it just shuts off. The soundbars are a complete and utter waste of money. That said... the TV is worth the money if you're on a budget. There just is no sound because they use inferior speakers.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

Sceptre will not give tech support on a newly purchased, warrantied TV without a $5 charge. The sound is irritatingly poor. Never was it indicated upon sale, a charge would be levied. TV 24" M24H246BDC2358. RAEA

Original review: June 29, 2020

Our TV stopped working within 2 months of purchase, we talked to Sceptre and they agreed to replace it under warranty if we sent it back to them. That was 6 months ago. We have attempted to contact them multiple times since. SCAMMERS.

Original review: April 8, 2020

I bought this 32" Sceptre TV in August, 2005 for the living room. My daughter was going through a rough time and watched a lot of television and it was on even when she would go outside to do yard work, she just turned the volume to full blast. Yes, I have read the other reviews and the speakers did not last. We also bought a sound bar, but that should be a tail for another review (it has a habit of turning itself off.)

It is now April 2020 and I think the video card is having an issue. It was on and suddenly the screen went dark. I turned it off, let it sit and turned it back on. It flashed the Sceptre logo a second then went off again to a purple/blue screen like when it is starting. Then it went dark. I noticed it flashed on and off for a while like it was trying to start. This television has been on practically nonstop since the day it was purchased. I would say it has earned a lovely retirement. I am hoping it will come back, but not placing any bets. We are in lock down with the Corona virus and it won't be easy to replace, but I will be looking for another Sceptre.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

I purchased a total of 5 tvs for 129.00 on Wal-Mart online website and 2 of the tvs were good. Had them for 5 years until I gave the one I was using. So yesterday I opened a Sceptre TV out of the box and it was pixelated...the picture was not showing after 1 day of setting it up and I'm upset because I didn't use the tv right away but I had no use for it. I just bought it as a backup so basically the tv was more than likely a bad t.v. which is only 3 years old. Which they're in the store for around that same amount of time. So I threw it out and opened my last tv but never again will I purchase a sceptre tv. Sometimes cheap is not better and with a 1 year warranty it is not long enough to determine if a product is defective or not!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

I bought the 55 inch Tv one year ago. I finally opened to put in my guest room. Only a blue light came on. No picture or sound. I emailed tech support and did not get a response. I’m not sure what to do with the TV. It’s probable not worth taking for repairs as it was bought on Black Friday sale.

Sceptre TV Company Information