Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.18/5

Sceptre TV Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sceptre TV?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sceptre TV?

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

I purchased my second TV-Dvd player and it is unbelievable. It took us compak 5 minutes to set up and the one I just purchased is a 32 inch. The quality is perfect and the sound is amazing. Why I purchased the 2nd one is the fact of their Customer Service Support which is outstanding. I had to call them and ask a question and it took less than 2 minutes to reach a "live operator", and I was done in a minute. Try this with another company. You won't find this type of support at all. When you purchase a product you have to consider Price/Quality/ and the Sound but you have to look at "Customer Support" and this company has it all. I plan to buy 2 more for each of my grandchildren for Christmas. One amazing experience for me...

Original review: April 8, 2020

I bought this 32" Sceptre TV in August, 2005 for the living room. My daughter was going through a rough time and watched a lot of television and it was on even when she would go outside to do yard work, she just turned the volume to full blast. Yes, I have read the other reviews and the speakers did not last. We also bought a sound bar, but that should be a tail for another review (it has a habit of turning itself off.)

It is now April 2020 and I think the video card is having an issue. It was on and suddenly the screen went dark. I turned it off, let it sit and turned it back on. It flashed the Sceptre logo a second then went off again to a purple/blue screen like when it is starting. Then it went dark. I noticed it flashed on and off for a while like it was trying to start. This television has been on practically nonstop since the day it was purchased. I would say it has earned a lovely retirement. I am hoping it will come back, but not placing any bets. We are in lock down with the Corona virus and it won't be easy to replace, but I will be looking for another Sceptre.

Get buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

I own two Sceptre products and I haven't been disappointed in either purchase. I've owned the 65 inch 4k curved TV for about a year and a half and still have three years of warranty through Walmart. The TV looks beautiful and my friends/family can't believe what I paid for it. My computer monitor is the Sceptre 32 inch 1080p tv and it works wonderfully. The image is great and it has enough real estate to allow me to run multiple programs simultaneously. Again, at an impressively low price point. Sceptre products aren't going to be as thin or have high-quality materials used by more expensive competitors (Samsung, Sony, LG, etc.). It's primarily plastic with less than average speakers, but if image quality is what you're after at a low price point, they can't be beat.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

Purchased my 75" TV just over a year ago and it is still working like the day I got it. The initial purchase was through Walmart and I had a terrible experience there. Long story short, two of the three attempts of shipping the TV to the store were "lost". Fortunately, I received the third and a bit of satisfaction that Walmart hopefully took the hit for around $1,700 of lost product.

Changing the display settings was quite a long process of trial and error, however; having figured that part out according to my devices and their required settings, the TV has impressively clear picture quality for the price well under $1,000 each. Further, the option of buying a non-smart TV is difficult to find these days but was exactly what I wanted. For those reviews saying the sound quality is poor, I think that may be an issue with the unit itself as I often keep mine below 25/100 even with lots of company over. Overall, I am satisfied with this company and would be very likely to buy another TV product from them as well as recommend it to others.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I own four Sceptre TVs from a 18 inch to 40 inch. All of them perform perfectly and if I ever have to replace them I will buy Sceptre again. Read all these reviews carefully. Aside from the obvious "dead on arrival" or otherwise broken, it is clear to me that these people never picked up the hand book. Trust me, Sceptre TVs as as good or better than the Samsungs, LGs, Visions, etc.

JD from SC

Original review: Nov. 23, 2020

Purchased the 32" Sceptre TV at Walmart on-line. The tv was delivered Sunday afternoon. Went through the usual set-up process. Began to watch a program after set-up and within 15 minutes there was a loud pop and the tv screen went blank. As I tried the remote to turn it back on the back of the tv began to smoke. End of the Sceptre TV. Very disappointed.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2020

I have owned multiple Sceptre TVs. I would say for the money it's a good value, however, if you're looking to actually hear anything you will need a soundbar that is not made by Sceptre. I would rate the TVs at a four if it wasn't for the fact you can't hear anything even at maximum level. The Soundbar is beyond subpar, not to mention it has minimal intelligence. You can press the volume up button and most of the time it just shuts off. The soundbars are a complete and utter waste of money. That said... the TV is worth the money if you're on a budget. There just is no sound because they use inferior speakers.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

Sceptre will not give tech support on a newly purchased, warrantied TV without a $5 charge. The sound is irritatingly poor. Never was it indicated upon sale, a charge would be levied. TV 24" M24H246BDC2358. RAEA

Original review: June 29, 2020

Our TV stopped working within 2 months of purchase, we talked to Sceptre and they agreed to replace it under warranty if we sent it back to them. That was 6 months ago. We have attempted to contact them multiple times since. SCAMMERS.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

I purchased a total of 5 tvs for 129.00 on Wal-Mart online website and 2 of the tvs were good. Had them for 5 years until I gave the one I was using. So yesterday I opened a Sceptre TV out of the box and it was pixelated...the picture was not showing after 1 day of setting it up and I'm upset because I didn't use the tv right away but I had no use for it. I just bought it as a backup so basically the tv was more than likely a bad t.v. which is only 3 years old. Which they're in the store for around that same amount of time. So I threw it out and opened my last tv but never again will I purchase a sceptre tv. Sometimes cheap is not better and with a 1 year warranty it is not long enough to determine if a product is defective or not!

Sceptre TV Company Information