1.72/5
Based on 544 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

652 Sanyo TVs Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Purchased this TV and less than 3 weeks old it died. Customer service the worst in the world to deal with. You ever speak to the same person twice and every time you call you need to explain what happened. Trying to get replacement??? I plan on taking back to store. Want my money BACK. Never will I buy another Sanyo product or one that's made by Sanyo. In my opinion, THEY SUCK THE BIG ONE!!!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I purchased a Sanyo 50 inch screen television in Black Friday of 2014 and it was great until October 2018. The picture goes out and you have to unplug it several times before it works. Currently the green light will be on and no picture. It is so frustrating to have to unplug several times for it to work or it will come on for 10 seconds with popping noises before it shuts off. I wish I knew it would only last 4 years because I have a LG that I purchased over 8 years ago that is working excellent. Not all things sold at Sam's are vetted like I would like because as a single parent my money is allocated not for waste.

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

We purchased the Sanyo 4K UHD 55" smart TV from our local Walmart on the Black Friday. After getting a tv technician to install our internet & fibre optic, he informed us this television will NOT produce 4K results. In order to get 2160 (which is 4K), it must be at least 60hz. This television will only go as high as 20hz, resulting in no more than 1080!!! He ran a factory test on the TV 2 times, resulting in the same thing: 2160 fail. I hope someone high up from Sanyo reads this... Our tech had seen this before & it's outright false advertising. It clearly states 4K in the description, on the box, in the instructions... HOOEY!!! We're gonna return it & AVOID Sanyo here out!!!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I received a Sanyo 50" TV as a door prize at an event and when I plugged the TV in it started to initialize then went dark. I called the customer service number, spoke to an agent and a service tech was supposed to come out, after one week they never came. I called back the customer service number and they opted to send me a replacement TV. The replacement TV arrived 2 weeks after my call and it was the wrong size. I called customer service back and they opted to transfer me to another level of customer service and would call me back.

They left 1 message and never tried to reach out to me again. At the time of this posting I have called customer service SEVEN (7) times since the TV went dark 2 months ago and still do not have a replacement TV. VERY DISAPPOINTED in their lack of interest to resolve the issue promptly and I personally have wasted more time on the phone/hold than the price of a new TV. I will never purchase another Sanyo product!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I have 4 Sanyo 32" LCD TVs. 2 are 5 years old one 3 years and one 1 year. Have been very reliable. 3 years ago I bought my daughter an Insignia 32" and within a week it caught on fire. I returned it to Walmart and got a Sanyo with no problems.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sanyo TVs?

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I bought a 55" Sanyo TV in May 2016 at Walmart and few months later the TV quit working, I called Sanyo customer service. The phone wasn't working, very disappointed. I wasted my money. I still have the broken TV in my basement. It hurt to just throw it away. Never Sanyo again!!!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I bought a brand new Sanyo 65 in 4K Smart TV in August 2 2018. The TV stopped turning on on September 10 2010. Took back to Walmart and was over their 30 day return policy. Was told to go through warranty and Sanyo. On September 25 2018 I was approved for a buyback full refund... The day later I had a agreement emailed to me with what I had to send. Signed it and included my receipt and TV sticker and agreement... Everything they asked. I paid 28 dollars Canadian to have the package sent overnight to Sanyo/Funai in California. They received it October 1 2018 at 9:12 am. I was told from the day they get the requested documents it will be 10 to 15 business that I would HAVE my buyback cheque in hand...

I have a email from customer service saying my cheque would be issued and mailed out October 12 2018 10 business days later. Then I called October 19 2018 because it never came and they then told me it was being issued and mailed out that day and emailed me to confirm it... Then today October 26 2018 I called because no cheque. They told me they're still processing the cheque and will be another 15 business days?? Then the lady said I was too rude and would withhold my cheque and hung up... What is this. I have 3 different emails from Sanyo customer agents confirming my cheque being mailed out and now it’s not even processed. What fraud.

I am a single dad with 2 young children. My wife passed away from cancer last year and treated the kids to a new TV for the house. And I saved up because I am on disability on fixed income and now we have gone with no TV in the house for 2 months with 2 young children... Do not buy Sanyo. I have seen over 143 negative comments about the same cheque issue with other customers online. Do not waste your hard earn money.

Original review: July 23, 2018

This television has definitely been a great one. My particular model has a 30” screen and was very affordable during a time I couldn’t buy an expensive one. I’ve had it for almost three years and no issues.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Overall, the television has been great. The sound on my model is off and could be better. But other than that I've had a pleasant experience with this model.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Workhorse TV. This brand is a quality brand, reliable and competitively priced. I always look for Sanyo products before buying another brand.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I never wrote a review before, but people need to know this before buying a Sanyo product. I bought a Sanyo tv 55" from Walmart 10 months ago, my tv got lines showing up in the middle of screen. So I called Sanyo customer service because I had a 1 year manufacturer warranty. I also bought Product Care Plan for 3 years from Walmart. Sanyo send out tv repairman about 17 days later. He could not fix it so he called somebody. They said they would send me a new tv. He said they will call me for details. They never called so I give them a call. Customer service said it would 2 to 3 days to get paperwork from tech then take 7 to 10 days to ship tv.

Guess what - NO tv after 30 days so I call again. Had some heated words with them. They give a tracking # for FedEx. A few days went NO tv so I got on FedEx website. Tracking was there but NO package has been shipped so I call again. After some more heated words not getting anywhere I ask for a supervisor. They said I would a call from a supervisor today. GUESS WHAT, NO PHONE CALL. Add them up they lied 4 times to me.

What I did next, I call Walmart headquarters. They put me through to Sanyo customer service people that I don't want to talk to. They tell me they will ship a tv in 48 hrs. This will probably be lie # 5. This is DAY 38 from the 1st time I called them. I don't know if I will get my tv next week. I wish they would just give my money back. I WILL NEVER BUY A SANYO PRODUCT AGAIN. I DON'T WANT A SANYO PRODUCT IN MY HOME. I hope this review helps somebody, because this was my 1st review, wish I could give 1/4 star rating. A 1 star is too good for them.

Original review: April 26, 2018

It works like a charm. Good picture, sound size. Although it could be better if you also had menu to manually control instead of with a remote and USB plug. But besides all that the family is real happy with it.

Original review: April 25, 2018

Bought a Samsung to start with, picture quality wasn't that great, took it back to Walmart on their 100% satisfaction. Traded it for a Sanyo, had to pay $ 90 more, but have had this tv for 5 year now and still bright and great picture quality. I wish all electronics would last like this.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Sanyo smart TV 43 inch - Bought this Sanyo TV last year in Walmart, after 6 months, it always restart by itself and cannot be controlled by remote. Called the tech support and they said it is a unit problem, and they will issue refund. Send the requirement to Funia Sanyo last Nov 2017. Keep following up, with the customer support and they kept saying I you no update from upper management. I told my friends never buy Sanyo products. It’s a waste of money.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I bought this tv over 8 yrs ago and it's a plasma, this brand is still going strong as we speak. I bought it for a really good price just under 300 for a 50 inch and now all the tvs are totally different.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Clear picture, great speakers, connects well to other devices, nice screen size unless you prefer the movie screen sized TV screens.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I bought this Sanyo 40 inch TV about 4 years ago. The television set was a great price and it was easy to move when I moved to new home. This television has been the best one I have ever owned. You should give this television set a try. It is worth every cent that you spend on it.

Original review: April 15, 2018

The TV works well and always has. I would recommend this brand to anyone. It is just that simple. Dependable, good price, extreme quality.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I bought a SANYO television (very heavy and square shaped screen) in 2005 and it has been moved to 4 different states.That TV has been dropped, bounced about in the back of U-Hauls and hit with toys by grandkids. It won't stop. Picture is great, sounds terrific. It's now in my sister's bedroom back in Oklahoma City where I bought it. Great product, We call it "the old standby".

Original review: April 2, 2018

I returned a DVD player (that was under warranty) and they send me another faulty one. I actually would not be surprised if it were the same one. Spoke to customer service 4 times. Only to get hung up on and I could not understand them. So now I have to send another faulty DVD player back, to receive a "new one". I will never buy this brand again.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Bought this TV (Flat Screen LED) from Walmart. 1 year warranty from Sanyo. It was damaged in box. Called them and at first was told that they will replace it. Now I am getting the runaround. The last CSR Jerrord wanted my e-mail password and kept asking who sent me what. They never responded thru e-mail. When I call they pull up all my info then tells me that I am not in their system, and keep lying about speaking to the next in chain of command. I am so frustrated. I will NEVER deal with SANYO after this and will tell everyone I know not to. This is not how to treat your customers... Very upset. And your customer service representatives have absolutely no clue in your products or business. They are taught to just read the prompt script and tell lies to your customers. No deals here TVs and reselling them. Some scam is going on.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Bought a Sanyo TV 43”. 11 months later it quit working. I tried all to get it to work. It was finished. Filled out warranty and sent in all required docs. That was January 10th, 2018. I was approved for a total refund. Never heard another word. I have called and talked to Jerome, 3/8 – Paola, 3/10 and 3/17, Jerrist, 3/17 and Jeff on 3/19. No one can give an answer. The last one was “it’s up with management but that is all we know." Asked for a supervisor. Was told they would call. No call. IF YOU ARE THINKING OF BUYING ANY SANYO PRODUCT DON'T!! IT WILL BE LIKE THROWING YOUR MONEY IN A BONFIRE. FAIR WARNING.

Original review: March 2, 2018

A great all around television. Still is sleek and appealing after 6 years. Never any problems and the picture is the same as when we bought it. Easy to use and instructions are clear to understand.

Original review: March 1, 2018

We bought a 60inch Aquos 4k. The price was very competitive. Setup was very simple and the tv manual was very thorough and easy to follow. There are many separate adjustments for tailor the picture quality to your liking. Switching inputs to view different source material, for example switching from a Blu-ray player to a CD player, is as simple as pressing a button on the remote.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

I'm pleased with my Sanyo television. I had many models to choose from when I selected it and chose it because of its screen size and appearance. I watch television at least one hour a day and I enjoy the appearance of the screen and the sound. It is a smart TV so it automatically shuts off if I forget to sign off. It has several options listed on it such as video games, videos, Hulu, TED, etc.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

We purchased our TV many years ago and it has never had any mechanical issues. The color is superior and the sound is also good. Friends and neighbors have commented on how crisp and clear our TV is.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Loved that the Sanyo TV was so big and great picture quality. It comes with all the latest features but sound not as good. Last a good amount of year and is energy efficient.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I have a Sharp 47" HD TV - not a smart TV for over 10 years and I have never had a problem with it. I use an HDMI cable to stream and it works great. The picture is clear and crisp and color is superb.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I would recommend people not to buy a Sanyo TV because they do not stand by their warranty. My TV went out 11 months after I bought it. I contact Sanyo and I did everything they asked me to do for them. They sent me a email saying they was going to replace the TV and then they did a shipping label and then a couple days later they called me and told me they wasn't going to replace the TV so don't buy any Sanyo TV.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I just bought this in November 2017. So far it's working fine (but after reading the reviews I'm concerned I might have to replace it before I'm ready). BUT I was given a sound bar for Christmas and there's no digital optical connection. I tried the analog but it wasn't working right, so no sound bar. I can't believe a new TV (Sanyo 32" LCD TV Model #FW32D06F B) doesn't have the right connection.

Sanyo TVs expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1949, Sanyo is a Japanese company that has manufactured and provided America with quality TVs since 1963. Today, Sanyo's TVs are sold in most major retailers.

• HDMI ports: Three HDMI ports means more devices can be plugged in at once.

• Less motion blur: Motion-sync technology allows high-speed scenes to retain their crisp details.

• Stylish design: A narrow bezel design allows the TV to seamlessly blend into the living room.

• Full HD 1080p: Get twice the picture quality than with standard definition TV. Picture quality is sharper and more vibrant with HDTV.

• USB photo ready: Turn your TV into a digital photo album with easy USB input access. It's perfect for social events and family gatherings when you want to share favorite family pictures or travel memories.

• Best for: Bargain shoppers and researchers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs