1.74/5

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Quit paying for costly home repairs

663 Sanyo TVs Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 3, 2019

The colour and picture is very clear and colourful. The sound is very good. This tv is worth the money that you pay for it. I would buy another tv of the same brand. The tv itself is a very good deal. I would recommend this tv to anyone.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I like their products. They seem to last a long time - this is based off of all the products we've had from them. The TVs have a great picture and are really easy to set up and come with both the hardware to set it on a table or hang on the wall.

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I bought a small Sanyo HD for my kitchen and at first did not connect it up to my Fios. Friends would not believe that it was from an antenna because the picture was so clear and colorful. After connecting it to FIOS, it still had a perfect picture. I have had the TV for about 8 years and see no difference from when it was new. I would buy this brand again.

Original review: March 7, 2019

Awesome television with wonderful clarity and detail. We like the different options in regards to sound and appearance for movies, sports, etc. Audio is great. We are very happy with our purchase of this television. It's the perfect size for our living room.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I have 4 Sanyo 32" LCD TVs. 2 are 5 years old one 3 years and one 1 year. Have been very reliable. 3 years ago I bought my daughter an Insignia 32" and within a week it caught on fire. I returned it to Walmart and got a Sanyo with no problems.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sanyo TVs?

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I bought a 50 4k Sony TV. Used them once in a blue moon. Turned it on today and both TVs had the same problem - left side is dark. This is the worse TV I have ever bought. I had a house fire and when I moved I bought 2 of them for the bedrooms. My RCA went through the house fire and it's a flat screen 65 inch and it still works and we watch it all the time. THEY NEED TO RECALL THESE TVS OR GIVE US NEW ONES FOR THE PRICE WE PAID. NEVER WILL I BUY ANOTHER ONE!!!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

I purchased a Sanyo television from Walmart which was manufactured in 2016. I purchased this Tv less than a year ago and Walmart informed me I would have to contact the manufacturer. Called them. NO HELP. Agent asked for s/n. Looked up tv and told me I would need my receipt. Why if you have the record in front of you and then she takes 30 minutes to get manager WHO WAS NO HELP. My tv completely blanked out while I was watching it. I feel as if this company needs better customer service skills And better service products for customers. It’s really a rip off to charge customers for something you know wouldn’t last a long time as you advertise.

Original review: July 1, 2019

We purchased a 65 inch Sanyo TV and extended warranty from Wal-mart. Within 30 days the TV stopped working. Wal-mart would not take the TV back. We shipped the TV back to Sanyo sometime at the end of January or early February 2019. Here it is July 1, 2019, We still have not received our refund. We placed well over 30 calls into the 866-212-0436 customer service number that is in the Philippines. Back in February I was told that the check would arrive at my house within 5 to 10 business days. Here it is 6 months later, no refund. Can charge Sanyo Interest? Buyer Beware. I realize that the TV's are inexpensive. You get what you pay for. Sanyo is crooked and won't hold up to their end of the deal.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I purchased this TV at Walmart; worked for about 2 months. TV turned itself off and never came back on. Called customer service and was advised to send back to company. On the good side they did send me a return label. TV was received back to company, I'm without a tv now for 6 weeks and they aren't sure when I will get a replacement. Never will I buy this name brand again.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I purchased a tv for my mom two years ago and half of the tv went back. When I called customer service they said the tv was purchased five years ago and said they would send a technician at my cost. I tried to tell the person that it was 2 years old and I was not happy with the tv and I was going to write a review and he hung up on me. The products they sell are junk and the people when you call them are very rude and hang up on you. I will never purchase a Sanyo product again.

Sanyo TVs expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1949, Sanyo is a Japanese company that has manufactured and provided America with quality TVs since 1963. Today, Sanyo's TVs are sold in most major retailers.

• HDMI ports: Three HDMI ports means more devices can be plugged in at once.

• Less motion blur: Motion-sync technology allows high-speed scenes to retain their crisp details.

• Stylish design: A narrow bezel design allows the TV to seamlessly blend into the living room.

• Full HD 1080p: Get twice the picture quality than with standard definition TV. Picture quality is sharper and more vibrant with HDTV.

• USB photo ready: Turn your TV into a digital photo album with easy USB input access. It's perfect for social events and family gatherings when you want to share favorite family pictures or travel memories.

• Best for: Bargain shoppers and researchers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs