3.27/5
Based on 30 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

642 Sanyo TVs Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 16, 2018

I never wrote a review before, but people need to know this before buying a Sanyo product. I bought a Sanyo tv 55" from Walmart 10 months ago, my tv got lines showing up in the middle of screen. So I called Sanyo customer service because I had a 1 year manufacturer warranty. I also bought Product Care Plan for 3 years from Walmart. Sanyo send out tv repairman about 17 days later. He could not fix it so he called somebody. They said they would send me a new tv. He said they will call me for details. They never called so I give them a call. Customer service said it would 2 to 3 days to get paperwork from tech then take 7 to 10 days to ship tv.

Guess what - NO tv after 30 days so I call again. Had some heated words with them. They give a tracking # for FedEx. A few days went NO tv so I got on FedEx website. Tracking was there but NO package has been shipped so I call again. After some more heated words not getting anywhere I ask for a supervisor. They said I would a call from a supervisor today. GUESS WHAT, NO PHONE CALL. Add them up they lied 4 times to me.

What I did next, I call Walmart headquarters. They put me through to Sanyo customer service people that I don't want to talk to. They tell me they will ship a tv in 48 hrs. This will probably be lie # 5. This is DAY 38 from the 1st time I called them. I don't know if I will get my tv next week. I wish they would just give my money back. I WILL NEVER BUY A SANYO PRODUCT AGAIN. I DON'T WANT A SANYO PRODUCT IN MY HOME. I hope this review helps somebody, because this was my 1st review, wish I could give 1/4 star rating. A 1 star is too good for them.

Original review: April 26, 2018

It works like a charm. Good picture, sound size. Although it could be better if you also had menu to manually control instead of with a remote and USB plug. But besides all that the family is real happy with it.

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 25, 2018

Bought a Samsung to start with, picture quality wasn't that great, took it back to Walmart on their 100% satisfaction. Traded it for a Sanyo, had to pay $ 90 more, but have had this tv for 5 year now and still bright and great picture quality. I wish all electronics would last like this.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Sanyo smart TV 43 inch - Bought this Sanyo TV last year in Walmart, after 6 months, it always restart by itself and cannot be controlled by remote. Called the tech support and they said it is a unit problem, and they will issue refund. Send the requirement to Funia Sanyo last Nov 2017. Keep following up, with the customer support and they kept saying I you no update from upper management. I told my friends never buy Sanyo products. It’s a waste of money.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I bought this tv over 8 yrs ago and it's a plasma, this brand is still going strong as we speak. I bought it for a really good price just under 300 for a 50 inch and now all the tvs are totally different.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sanyo TVs?

Original review: April 17, 2018

Clear picture, great speakers, connects well to other devices, nice screen size unless you prefer the movie screen sized TV screens.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I bought this Sanyo 40 inch TV about 4 years ago. The television set was a great price and it was easy to move when I moved to new home. This television has been the best one I have ever owned. You should give this television set a try. It is worth every cent that you spend on it.

Original review: April 15, 2018

The TV works well and always has. I would recommend this brand to anyone. It is just that simple. Dependable, good price, extreme quality.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I bought a SANYO television (very heavy and square shaped screen) in 2005 and it has been moved to 4 different states.That TV has been dropped, bounced about in the back of U-Hauls and hit with toys by grandkids. It won't stop. Picture is great, sounds terrific. It's now in my sister's bedroom back in Oklahoma City where I bought it. Great product, We call it "the old standby".

Original review: April 2, 2018

I returned a DVD player (that was under warranty) and they send me another faulty one. I actually would not be surprised if it were the same one. Spoke to customer service 4 times. Only to get hung up on and I could not understand them. So now I have to send another faulty DVD player back, to receive a "new one". I will never buy this brand again.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Bought this TV (Flat Screen LED) from Walmart. 1 year warranty from Sanyo. It was damaged in box. Called them and at first was told that they will replace it. Now I am getting the runaround. The last CSR Jerrord wanted my e-mail password and kept asking who sent me what. They never responded thru e-mail. When I call they pull up all my info then tells me that I am not in their system, and keep lying about speaking to the next in chain of command. I am so frustrated. I will NEVER deal with SANYO after this and will tell everyone I know not to. This is not how to treat your customers... Very upset. And your customer service representatives have absolutely no clue in your products or business. They are taught to just read the prompt script and tell lies to your customers. No deals here TVs and reselling them. Some scam is going on.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Bought a Sanyo TV 43”. 11 months later it quit working. I tried all to get it to work. It was finished. Filled out warranty and sent in all required docs. That was January 10th, 2018. I was approved for a total refund. Never heard another word. I have called and talked to Jerome, 3/8 – Paola, 3/10 and 3/17, Jerrist, 3/17 and Jeff on 3/19. No one can give an answer. The last one was “it’s up with management but that is all we know." Asked for a supervisor. Was told they would call. No call. IF YOU ARE THINKING OF BUYING ANY SANYO PRODUCT DON'T!! IT WILL BE LIKE THROWING YOUR MONEY IN A BONFIRE. FAIR WARNING.

Original review: March 2, 2018

A great all around television. Still is sleek and appealing after 6 years. Never any problems and the picture is the same as when we bought it. Easy to use and instructions are clear to understand.

Original review: March 1, 2018

We bought a 60inch Aquos 4k. The price was very competitive. Setup was very simple and the tv manual was very thorough and easy to follow. There are many separate adjustments for tailor the picture quality to your liking. Switching inputs to view different source material, for example switching from a Blu-ray player to a CD player, is as simple as pressing a button on the remote.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

I'm pleased with my Sanyo television. I had many models to choose from when I selected it and chose it because of its screen size and appearance. I watch television at least one hour a day and I enjoy the appearance of the screen and the sound. It is a smart TV so it automatically shuts off if I forget to sign off. It has several options listed on it such as video games, videos, Hulu, TED, etc.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

We purchased our TV many years ago and it has never had any mechanical issues. The color is superior and the sound is also good. Friends and neighbors have commented on how crisp and clear our TV is.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Loved that the Sanyo TV was so big and great picture quality. It comes with all the latest features but sound not as good. Last a good amount of year and is energy efficient.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I have a Sharp 47" HD TV - not a smart TV for over 10 years and I have never had a problem with it. I use an HDMI cable to stream and it works great. The picture is clear and crisp and color is superb.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I would recommend people not to buy a Sanyo TV because they do not stand by their warranty. My TV went out 11 months after I bought it. I contact Sanyo and I did everything they asked me to do for them. They sent me a email saying they was going to replace the TV and then they did a shipping label and then a couple days later they called me and told me they wasn't going to replace the TV so don't buy any Sanyo TV.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I just bought this in November 2017. So far it's working fine (but after reading the reviews I'm concerned I might have to replace it before I'm ready). BUT I was given a sound bar for Christmas and there's no digital optical connection. I tried the analog but it wasn't working right, so no sound bar. I can't believe a new TV (Sanyo 32" LCD TV Model #FW32D06F B) doesn't have the right connection.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I purchased a 46" flatscreen TV about six years ago and have had many issues with it. The sound goes on and off and now the color is graying out. Never again will I buy a Sanyo product. I would not recommend this brand to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Is what you buy and they advertise. TV units are good. I will suggest better interaction between the units remote and the cable boxes.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

You can very dependable in all aspects of performance sound. I am very thankful that there are companies that still have enough pride in their products to do it right.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I purchased a DVD player with HDMI from Walmart. I have had problems with it since the day I purchased it. I call for help and they refuse to fix it. They want me to take it to a repair place to cost me more than a new one would cost. The reviews on this player are horrible letting me know these are not properly put together. I will never purchase anything made by Sanyo again. Name break not always better.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

My Sanyo TV is great... Perfect size, priced right at Wal-Mart, the color and sound are great, the resolution is good so my picture is crisp and clear. I would recommend this brand of tv to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I purchased a Vision 50" Flat Screen TV two years ago at Walmart's Black Friday Sale (2015). They ran out and had to order more, then they substituted a 55" Sanyo flat screen TV instead. I was fine with this at the time. However, in the past month my Sanyo tv has developed a dark shadow on exactly half of the right viewing side. I have only had it one year and 11 months. I work at an elementary school as a counselor and do not have the money to buy a new tv every two years. From what I have been told, however, a repair would cost almost as much as a new tv and the repair would not be guaranteed. I will never buy another Sanyo product. This product flaw is obviously widespread and the company does not seem to care. I believe a class action suit is in order.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I purchased a 55 inch Sanyo TV. This was a mistake. The TV showed very good for a while. The TV did last not one year. I called in September of this year trying to get this issue resolved. The agents everyone I talked was very rude. I was very upset because of the way I was treated. My blood pressure became elevated. An email was sent to my email address. I call the number. The number did not work. I will never purchase another Sanyo product. The TV has colored lines, the picture does not show; there is no volume. I purchased the TV at Walmart. I have a copy of the receipt. What good is it going to provide proof of purchase. I am sure I WILL never hear from anyone again.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I purchased a 32 inch back here in February and now all of a sudden the sound goes sky high to the max! Its switches its setting and when I try to use the remote I can't. I thought I had a ghost in the house! It's turning into a nightmare because it will just turn the volume up at any given time. Definitely getting a new TV asap and it won't be Sanyo.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

The Sanyo television is an excellent buy. I have the type that has a VCR and DVD built into it. The only thing is if one or the other quits, I have to take the entire TV into the shop for repairs. Otherwise it's a great TV for my home styles. I would recommend this type and brand to others.

Original review: July 12, 2017

I purchased a flat screen TV for my husband as a Christmas gift Dec. 2016. Two weeks ago the TV randomly stop working and had several lines going through the TV with a snowy screen. We contacted the company concerning the warranty and was given the "damageclaims@funaisupport.com" web address. We were told to write in the subject line "Bad Panel" with the reference number **. We were then told that there would be a 48 hour turn around in response. After several days with no word we called the customer service back and was told that the information was never received. After confirming the information again and sending the pictures several days later no response.

We called the company and again was informed that no pictures had been received. On July 12th I called the customer service number and spoke to Kenny who deals with Legacy products. I was informed by Kenny that he could not assist me and that I had to call Sanyo directly although they had not been of any help. When I asked for a manager I was told that there was no manager on duty nor could he transfer me to anyone else who could provide assistance.

When I asked Kenny for his information because I planned to contact the corporate office I was told that he was the only Kenny at the company, he informed me that he did not have a customer service number nor could he release his last name. At this time and especially after reading reviews I feel that this is an ongoing issue with this company and it will not be resolved unless BBB or consumer services get involved. I purchased a product and a warranty at which time I cannot redeem although Sanyo system clearly shows the warranty was purchased.

Sanyo TVs expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1949, Sanyo is a Japanese company that has manufactured and provided America with quality TVs since 1963. Today, Sanyo's TVs are sold in most major retailers.

• HDMI ports: Three HDMI ports means more devices can be plugged in at once.

• Less motion blur: Motion-sync technology allows high-speed scenes to retain their crisp details.

• Stylish design: A narrow bezel design allows the TV to seamlessly blend into the living room.

• Full HD 1080p: Get twice the picture quality than with standard definition TV. Picture quality is sharper and more vibrant with HDTV.

• USB photo ready: Turn your TV into a digital photo album with easy USB input access. It's perfect for social events and family gatherings when you want to share favorite family pictures or travel memories.

• Best for: Bargain shoppers and researchers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs