3.29/5
Based on 36 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Sanyo TVs

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 5, 2018

624 Sanyo TVs Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I would recommend people not to buy a Sanyo TV because they do not stand by their warranty. My TV went out 11 months after I bought it. I contact Sanyo and I did everything they asked me to do for them. They sent me a email saying they was going to replace the TV and then they did a shipping label and then a couple days later they called me and told me they wasn't going to replace the TV so don't buy any Sanyo TV.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I just bought this in November 2017. So far it's working fine (but after reading the reviews I'm concerned I might have to replace it before I'm ready). BUT I was given a sound bar for Christmas and there's no digital optical connection. I tried the analog but it wasn't working right, so no sound bar. I can't believe a new TV (Sanyo 32" LCD TV Model #FW32D06F B) doesn't have the right connection.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I purchased a 46" flatscreen TV about six years ago and have had many issues with it. The sound goes on and off and now the color is graying out. Never again will I buy a Sanyo product. I would not recommend this brand to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Is what you buy and they advertise. TV units are good. I will suggest better interaction between the units remote and the cable boxes.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

You can very dependable in all aspects of performance sound. I am very thankful that there are companies that still have enough pride in their products to do it right.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sanyo TVs?

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I purchased a DVD player with HDMI from Walmart. I have had problems with it since the day I purchased it. I call for help and they refuse to fix it. They want me to take it to a repair place to cost me more than a new one would cost. The reviews on this player are horrible letting me know these are not properly put together. I will never purchase anything made by Sanyo again. Name break not always better.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

My Sanyo TV is great... Perfect size, priced right at Wal-Mart, the color and sound are great, the resolution is good so my picture is crisp and clear. I would recommend this brand of tv to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I purchased a Vision 50" Flat Screen TV two years ago at Walmart's Black Friday Sale (2015). They ran out and had to order more, then they substituted a 55" Sanyo flat screen TV instead. I was fine with this at the time. However, in the past month my Sanyo tv has developed a dark shadow on exactly half of the right viewing side. I have only had it one year and 11 months. I work at an elementary school as a counselor and do not have the money to buy a new tv every two years. From what I have been told, however, a repair would cost almost as much as a new tv and the repair would not be guaranteed. I will never buy another Sanyo product. This product flaw is obviously widespread and the company does not seem to care. I believe a class action suit is in order.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I purchased a 55 inch Sanyo TV. This was a mistake. The TV showed very good for a while. The TV did last not one year. I called in September of this year trying to get this issue resolved. The agents everyone I talked was very rude. I was very upset because of the way I was treated. My blood pressure became elevated. An email was sent to my email address. I call the number. The number did not work. I will never purchase another Sanyo product. The TV has colored lines, the picture does not show; there is no volume. I purchased the TV at Walmart. I have a copy of the receipt. What good is it going to provide proof of purchase. I am sure I WILL never hear from anyone again.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I purchased a 32 inch back here in February and now all of a sudden the sound goes sky high to the max! Its switches its setting and when I try to use the remote I can't. I thought I had a ghost in the house! It's turning into a nightmare because it will just turn the volume up at any given time. Definitely getting a new TV asap and it won't be Sanyo.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

The Sanyo television is an excellent buy. I have the type that has a VCR and DVD built into it. The only thing is if one or the other quits, I have to take the entire TV into the shop for repairs. Otherwise it's a great TV for my home styles. I would recommend this type and brand to others.

Original review: July 12, 2017

I purchased a flat screen TV for my husband as a Christmas gift Dec. 2016. Two weeks ago the TV randomly stop working and had several lines going through the TV with a snowy screen. We contacted the company concerning the warranty and was given the "damageclaims@funaisupport.com" web address. We were told to write in the subject line "Bad Panel" with the reference number **. We were then told that there would be a 48 hour turn around in response. After several days with no word we called the customer service back and was told that the information was never received. After confirming the information again and sending the pictures several days later no response.

We called the company and again was informed that no pictures had been received. On July 12th I called the customer service number and spoke to Kenny who deals with Legacy products. I was informed by Kenny that he could not assist me and that I had to call Sanyo directly although they had not been of any help. When I asked for a manager I was told that there was no manager on duty nor could he transfer me to anyone else who could provide assistance.

When I asked Kenny for his information because I planned to contact the corporate office I was told that he was the only Kenny at the company, he informed me that he did not have a customer service number nor could he release his last name. At this time and especially after reading reviews I feel that this is an ongoing issue with this company and it will not be resolved unless BBB or consumer services get involved. I purchased a product and a warranty at which time I cannot redeem although Sanyo system clearly shows the warranty was purchased.

Original review: June 2, 2017

I'm pleased with my television compared to a newer television I have for performance. My Sanyo has better volume than my LG. It's a greater sound and picture is sharp. Only problem is things transmitted in Espanol. I can't change the setting.

Original review: May 31, 2017

I bought my Sanyo in 2005. It's not a flat t.v. like the new HD t.v. 's but they call it a flat screen tv. This tv has been with me thru 7 moves, 2 storage lockers and a break in at my home. I'm guessing the thieves didn't want an old heavy model. I digress. It has been the best tv I've owned in my adult life (I'm 57) and I'm hoping to replace it with the same brand when it comes time to take this set to be recycled. I am very satisfied with my Sanyo tv. This really old tv is one tough tv. I'm so glad to have found it and have enjoyed it every time I have watched it. I can't wait to start shopping for my new HD Sanyo.

Original review: May 30, 2017

This TV meets my needs well. The size of my TV is appropriate to the size of my room. The picture quality is very good as is the sound. I've got it on a swivel mount which enables anyone to see it clearly. My only frustration is set-up & troubleshooting instructions don't work or explain problems and/or solutions properly. But on the whole I'm satisfied.

Original review: May 29, 2017

Very good quality and the price was right. It has easy to use navigation on the remote. Although the remote is a little big that is a small thing. This TV has not given me anything to be troubled about and has provided me with hours of entertainment. I would recommend this brand of TV.

Original review: May 28, 2017

The size is a good fit to my living room. I have had no problems with the brand since I purchased it. But I am fully fed up with the tone and volume of television commercials. I am hard of hearing and still have to turn down or mute the sound when commercials come on.

Original review: May 27, 2017

Sanyo 42" HD TV picture is sharp, clear, perfect color, wonderful contrast making video, and live programming enjoyable. Sanyo products are magical when viewing new animation, as well as older videos from older technology. I can honestly say there's no change in video quality, audio feedback, and I can't tell the difference between the technology of today from the technology of the 1960's. I get a perfect picture every time.

Original review: May 26, 2017

Usually Sanyo brand electronic televisions is not the first brand that I can think of or I usually purchase in the retail store or online these days. I am usually a Sony, RCA, or LG or even a Samsung brand purchaser especially when the item desired is a large screen television these days, simply for the loyalty factor and my loyalty to the brand over the years of having success with that brand name. But currently I rely on Sanyo's performance and quality every day of the week as I live alone and have not much else right now. It's a dependable and a great performing television for my being disabled.

Original review: May 26, 2017

I really like my Sanyo TV and I've had other TVs from them. Also, when you find a good brand, you stick with it. And the prices are comparable too.

Original review: May 25, 2017

I bought this television about 3 yrs ago and I paid only 50.00 more than what I was looking at a 32 inch. It was well worth the money since I got it on sale. It has a nice picture and it was easy to set up. I would buy this brand again if I was to buy another television.

Original review: May 25, 2017

The price was very good on this Sanyo TV. There are times that the screen will not be as clear, but will not last long. I am mostly satisfied with this TV.

Original review: May 23, 2017

The TV functions well and color is good. I'm happy with the picture qualities as well as the sound system is easy for the ears and doesn't have that tin sound like some TV's do.

Original review: May 22, 2017

Happy with the product's performance and it's long lasting service. I have 3 Sanyo tv's and 2 of them are 12 to 15 years old and still work great, so that is why I purchased a new Sanyo in February and I am really enjoying the new style and clarity.

Original review: May 21, 2017

My husband lost his left eye to cancer. He couldn't see our other tv so we bought him a big screen tv. I really like our tv we purchased awhile back and glad the price was ok for us. We really love it.

Original review: May 21, 2017

This product was reasonably priced, has a great picture, bright and hues which reflect actuality. Sometimes you feel you can touch the subject on the screen.

Original review: May 20, 2017

Sharpness is excellent. Occasionally, the screen skew to one side. I am not sure whether it is the projection of the movie itself when streaming is used.

Original review: May 19, 2017

I bought this television about one year ago. The picture quality is great and if you want to crank up the volume, you can. I would buy this brand again. Very pleased.

Original review: May 19, 2017

Sanyo TV has clear sound and great picture with a screen large enough to see from far away. Their large clear screen, wonderful clear picture and sound quality can't be beat except maybe by a movie screen.

Original review: May 18, 2017

Sanyo TV fits into my idea of what I needed. I can see the colors I always wanted to see and not dark ones. The picture is perfect not out of focus.

Sanyo TVs expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1949, Sanyo is a Japanese company that has manufactured and provided America with quality TVs since 1963. Today, Sanyo's TVs are sold in most major retailers.

• HDMI ports: Three HDMI ports means more devices can be plugged in at once.

• Less motion blur: Motion-sync technology allows high-speed scenes to retain their crisp details.

• Stylish design: A narrow bezel design allows the TV to seamlessly blend into the living room.

• Full HD 1080p: Get twice the picture quality than with standard definition TV. Picture quality is sharper and more vibrant with HDTV.

• USB photo ready: Turn your TV into a digital photo album with easy USB input access. It's perfect for social events and family gatherings when you want to share favorite family pictures or travel memories.

• Best for: Bargain shoppers and researchers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Sanyo TVs Company Information

sanyo-av.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use