3.61/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 18, 2017

617 Sanyo TVs Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I purchased a Vision 50" Flat Screen TV two years ago at Walmart's Black Friday Sale (2015). They ran out and had to order more, then they substituted a 55" Sanyo flat screen TV instead. I was fine with this at the time. However, in the past month my Sanyo tv has developed a dark shadow on exactly half of the right viewing side. I have only had it one year and 11 months. I work at an elementary school as a counselor and do not have the money to buy a new tv every two years. From what I have been told, however, a repair would cost almost as much as a new tv and the repair would not be guaranteed. I will never buy another Sanyo product. This product flaw is obviously widespread and the company does not seem to care. I believe a class action suit is in order.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I purchased a 55 inch Sanyo TV. This was a mistake. The TV showed very good for a while. The TV did last not one year. I called in September of this year trying to get this issue resolved. The agents everyone I talked was very rude. I was very upset because of the way I was treated. My blood pressure became elevated. An email was sent to my email address. I call the number. The number did not work. I will never purchase another Sanyo product. The TV has colored lines, the picture does not show; there is no volume. I purchased the TV at Walmart. I have a copy of the receipt. What good is it going to provide proof of purchase. I am sure I WILL never hear from anyone again.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I purchased a 32 inch back here in February and now all of a sudden the sound goes sky high to the max! Its switches its setting and when I try to use the remote I can't. I thought I had a ghost in the house! It's turning into a nightmare because it will just turn the volume up at any given time. Definitely getting a new TV asap and it won't be Sanyo.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

The Sanyo television is an excellent buy. I have the type that has a VCR and DVD built into it. The only thing is if one or the other quits, I have to take the entire TV into the shop for repairs. Otherwise it's a great TV for my home styles. I would recommend this type and brand to others.

Original review: July 12, 2017

I purchased a flat screen TV for my husband as a Christmas gift Dec. 2016. Two weeks ago the TV randomly stop working and had several lines going through the TV with a snowy screen. We contacted the company concerning the warranty and was given the "damageclaims@funaisupport.com" web address. We were told to write in the subject line "Bad Panel" with the reference number **. We were then told that there would be a 48 hour turn around in response. After several days with no word we called the customer service back and was told that the information was never received. After confirming the information again and sending the pictures several days later no response.

We called the company and again was informed that no pictures had been received. On July 12th I called the customer service number and spoke to Kenny who deals with Legacy products. I was informed by Kenny that he could not assist me and that I had to call Sanyo directly although they had not been of any help. When I asked for a manager I was told that there was no manager on duty nor could he transfer me to anyone else who could provide assistance.

When I asked Kenny for his information because I planned to contact the corporate office I was told that he was the only Kenny at the company, he informed me that he did not have a customer service number nor could he release his last name. At this time and especially after reading reviews I feel that this is an ongoing issue with this company and it will not be resolved unless BBB or consumer services get involved. I purchased a product and a warranty at which time I cannot redeem although Sanyo system clearly shows the warranty was purchased.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sanyo TVs?

Original review: June 2, 2017

I'm pleased with my television compared to a newer television I have for performance. My Sanyo has better volume than my LG. It's a greater sound and picture is sharp. Only problem is things transmitted in Espanol. I can't change the setting.

Original review: May 31, 2017

I bought my Sanyo in 2005. It's not a flat t.v. like the new HD t.v. 's but they call it a flat screen tv. This tv has been with me thru 7 moves, 2 storage lockers and a break in at my home. I'm guessing the thieves didn't want an old heavy model. I digress. It has been the best tv I've owned in my adult life (I'm 57) and I'm hoping to replace it with the same brand when it comes time to take this set to be recycled. I am very satisfied with my Sanyo tv. This really old tv is one tough tv. I'm so glad to have found it and have enjoyed it every time I have watched it. I can't wait to start shopping for my new HD Sanyo.

Original review: May 30, 2017

This TV meets my needs well. The size of my TV is appropriate to the size of my room. The picture quality is very good as is the sound. I've got it on a swivel mount which enables anyone to see it clearly. My only frustration is set-up & troubleshooting instructions don't work or explain problems and/or solutions properly. But on the whole I'm satisfied.

Original review: May 29, 2017

Very good quality and the price was right. It has easy to use navigation on the remote. Although the remote is a little big that is a small thing. This TV has not given me anything to be troubled about and has provided me with hours of entertainment. I would recommend this brand of TV.

Original review: May 28, 2017

The size is a good fit to my living room. I have had no problems with the brand since I purchased it. But I am fully fed up with the tone and volume of television commercials. I am hard of hearing and still have to turn down or mute the sound when commercials come on.

Original review: May 27, 2017

Sanyo 42" HD TV picture is sharp, clear, perfect color, wonderful contrast making video, and live programming enjoyable. Sanyo products are magical when viewing new animation, as well as older videos from older technology. I can honestly say there's no change in video quality, audio feedback, and I can't tell the difference between the technology of today from the technology of the 1960's. I get a perfect picture every time.

Original review: May 26, 2017

Usually Sanyo brand electronic televisions is not the first brand that I can think of or I usually purchase in the retail store or online these days. I am usually a Sony, RCA, or LG or even a Samsung brand purchaser especially when the item desired is a large screen television these days, simply for the loyalty factor and my loyalty to the brand over the years of having success with that brand name. But currently I rely on Sanyo's performance and quality every day of the week as I live alone and have not much else right now. It's a dependable and a great performing television for my being disabled.

Original review: May 26, 2017

I really like my Sanyo TV and I've had other TVs from them. Also, when you find a good brand, you stick with it. And the prices are comparable too.

Original review: May 25, 2017

I bought this television about 3 yrs ago and I paid only 50.00 more than what I was looking at a 32 inch. It was well worth the money since I got it on sale. It has a nice picture and it was easy to set up. I would buy this brand again if I was to buy another television.

Original review: May 25, 2017

The price was very good on this Sanyo TV. There are times that the screen will not be as clear, but will not last long. I am mostly satisfied with this TV.

Original review: May 23, 2017

The TV functions well and color is good. I'm happy with the picture qualities as well as the sound system is easy for the ears and doesn't have that tin sound like some TV's do.

Original review: May 22, 2017

Happy with the product's performance and it's long lasting service. I have 3 Sanyo tv's and 2 of them are 12 to 15 years old and still work great, so that is why I purchased a new Sanyo in February and I am really enjoying the new style and clarity.

Original review: May 21, 2017

My husband lost his left eye to cancer. He couldn't see our other tv so we bought him a big screen tv. I really like our tv we purchased awhile back and glad the price was ok for us. We really love it.

Original review: May 21, 2017

This product was reasonably priced, has a great picture, bright and hues which reflect actuality. Sometimes you feel you can touch the subject on the screen.

Original review: May 20, 2017

Sharpness is excellent. Occasionally, the screen skew to one side. I am not sure whether it is the projection of the movie itself when streaming is used.

Original review: May 19, 2017

I bought this television about one year ago. The picture quality is great and if you want to crank up the volume, you can. I would buy this brand again. Very pleased.

Original review: May 19, 2017

Sanyo TV has clear sound and great picture with a screen large enough to see from far away. Their large clear screen, wonderful clear picture and sound quality can't be beat except maybe by a movie screen.

Original review: May 18, 2017

Sanyo TV fits into my idea of what I needed. I can see the colors I always wanted to see and not dark ones. The picture is perfect not out of focus.

Original review: April 14, 2017

We bought this TV from Walmart at Christmas. The TV was kept in a proper environment. It wasn't left on overnight. It was kept on a proper surge protector. Sanyo Support wouldn't put their Supervisor on the phone. The TV it only worked for a total of 3 weeks and average of 45 hours. We will never buy any Sanyo Products and we are sharing this story with everyone we know and on the Social Media as well. I personally have never been so upset with customer service and support about anything in my life.

Original review: March 13, 2017

This TV is twelve years old and has never given us a minute of trouble. Maybe we got lucky and just got a good one, but, I prefer to think it's just a well made TV.

Original review: March 12, 2017

My TV is an old tube type and it is big and bulky. The screen size is way too small and it is hard to see most movies. One of these days when get enough money saved back I will get myself at least a 55 inch flat screen.

Original review: March 11, 2017

I have a 55" and 32" Sanyo... worst mistake ever! I bought the 55" in October 2016 (its March 2017); the TV won't even turn on and I've only watched 3 times total. Before I knew the 55" quit working, I purchased a 32" for my bedroom. I can't even change the channels because the cable TV guide/menu doesn't show up on the screen. It's completely to the left, off the screen! (This is how I found out my 55" doesn't work, since I can't change the channels on the 32", I went to the basement to watch the 55").

I made the first call to customer service on the 32" where they said it was the cable company's issue. 20 minutes later I called back when I found the 55" wouldn't turn on; they said it would be easier to use the same case # for both TVs. They told me to ship the TV back to them and they would ship a replacement TV within 20 business days. I found this site and see that someone else had the same trouble, but the replacement TV they sent wasn't a new TV, but a refurbished one. So I call them back.

Turns out they had arranged to pick up by FedEx the 32" TV, not the 55" TV! I'm glad I called back... to ensure I was getting a NEW replacement TV. Now they say that 55" is too big to ship, they will send a repairman for repair. I have been on the phone all day with them (I have better ways to spend my Saturdays!). I will be returning the 32" to Walmart and I'm stuck with the 55"... and I have to take a day off work to get the TV repaired. If you're thinking about buying Sanyo... DON'T!

Original review: March 5, 2017

When my previous tv died I despaired of finding another one that I could afford. My son however very kindly found this Sanyo TV for me for fifty dollars in a pawnshop about five years ago and it has worked great ever since. Great standard def pic and sound and plenty big enough screen.

Original review: March 2, 2017

This one of the best TVs I've had. It is going on 4 years old and as good as the day I got it. This TV is on for almost 15 hours a day and is still going strong. It is worth every penny and truly stands up to use.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

I recently purchased a Sanyo flat screen, smart tv. After about 3 months it quit powering up. It HAS power but will not turn on. Manually or via remote. I am not helpless so before I even called I plugged and unplugged the unit. Plugged other items into the outlet (wiring less than 2 years old) to check it. Customer care has been very apologetic - every time - but has been totally ineffective. 5 lengthy phone calls to them. 8 phone calls and a few visits to their "authorized repair center" in my area. They do not speak to each other at all! My tv has been at the "authorized repair center". They have argued with me repeatedly and, basically, come up with every reason NOT to work on the tv.

After 5 weeks of no working tv, many wasted hours and no resolution in sight they are now able to offer me the WONDERFUL solution of a used tv to replace my new, non-working one. I did not buy or pay for a used tv I should not have a used one sitting in my house in place of my new one. If that is the best they can do I should be only paying a "used" price. This is an all but new television with very little use on it. Defective obviously and by their own tech support admission. Poor support. Poor customer service. Poor product.

Sanyo TVs expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1949, Sanyo is a Japanese company that has manufactured and provided America with quality TVs since 1963. Today, Sanyo's TVs are sold in most major retailers.

• HDMI ports: Three HDMI ports means more devices can be plugged in at once.

• Less motion blur: Motion-sync technology allows high-speed scenes to retain their crisp details.

• Stylish design: A narrow bezel design allows the TV to seamlessly blend into the living room.

• Full HD 1080p: Get twice the picture quality than with standard definition TV. Picture quality is sharper and more vibrant with HDTV.

• USB photo ready: Turn your TV into a digital photo album with easy USB input access. It's perfect for social events and family gatherings when you want to share favorite family pictures or travel memories.

• Best for: Bargain shoppers and researchers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs