2.06/5
Based on 60 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Sharp TVs

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 19, 2018

437 Sharp TVs Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Same story. Bought Sharp 70 inch in July 2015. Now turned on. Nothing. Like all the rest, had trouble in beginning would not turn off. Had to reboot a lot. Now on repair shop. After reading all these reviews wondering should I just trash it. It will cost 350 to fix. Wow can’t believe this, never will I purchase a Sharp product.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

We bought a 50" Sharp Smart TV in November 2017 for our beach condo. We set it up and mounted it on the wall in December. It worked for two days and the picture went out. I turned it off, it came back on, and then the sound and picture went out. We called Sharp and they said they would sent the part to a repairman and send him out. We waited almost a month and no one showed up. We called Sharp again and they said they would send another repairman. Our rental agent met the new repairman at our condo, and after two hours, he said he couldn't repair it. We called Sharp again, and they said we had to box up the TV and send it back to the factory. We live 300 miles from our condo, we will have no TV at our rental condo, and our condo cannot be rented without TV. We asked for a replacement, and the Sharp rep said that is impossible. I will never buy another Sharp product!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

Bought this TV December 2017. (5) days after having the TV it made this high pitch noise and shut off. The TV turned back on. A few hours later happened again. I then got on the phone with Sharp customer service. They had me troubleshoot it. We did that great. In less than 24 hours TV did it again. Back on the phone again. They have me troubleshoot it again and say they were send a tech out to look at it. They say, "The tech will call you in a few days." A week goes by nothing. Again on the phone with them they call the tech. The tech finally calls. Says, "Oh they're sending me the parts." Mind you the tech hasn't seen the TV. He say, "Should have it in a few days. I'll call you."

Few days goes by my husband calls him. Says, "Oh I got it. I'll be over Monday morning," Husband says great. This is Friday ok. Monday comes nothing, Tuesday nothing so my husband calls. They call the tech. He says he got into an accident and forgot to call. So set up another appointment. 4 days goes by the guy finally shows. Fixes the 2 boards and says it's all set. 2 hours later the TV does it again so we call the guy, he troubleshoots it and still 4 days later the TV is still doing it.

The repair guy says, "I can't do anything. Call customer care." Call customer care and they are useless. They say, "We can send the guy out again." Nope that won't work. We say, "Send a new TV and take this one." He says, "We take it but you have to ship it to us at your cost then we will look at it and if it's bad we will replace it with a refurbished one but that will be 7 to 10 days to complete." Meanwhile I have no TV that I paid an arm and leg for and this is what I get to deal with. As of Today still no results. Please save yourself the trouble. Don't buy this TV or any TV from Sharp. Very upsetting.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I bought a Sharp TV at Tesco 10 days ago and it's nothing but disappointing. Tesco gave it great reviews, blamed Virgin media for the problems. They (Virgin media) have been out three times to help fix things and it is now obvious the problems are in the TV. Incompatible volume control with Virgin, faulty sound in the TV, only one volume level. TV screen becomes pale grey/white if you sit at 45 degree angle making it only viewable for one person sitting right in front of it. I want Tesco to take it back but they are making a big deal of the fact the box has been discarded. These TVs are prehistoric, should never be on the market.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

So disappointed in the purchase I made at Best Buy on this when seen. Beautiful top of the line Sharp, hd, ultra 4k tv... What a pic. All the bells and whistles. And for it less than 2 years later. Screen disappears? Maybe the motherboard. I have 2 Dynex. Cheaper hd tvs. 10years no problem...NOW WHAT? NO $$ FOR NEW LIVING ROOM TV... SO DISAPPOINTED. UNREAL.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sharp TVs?

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

Sharp 55" 4k led smart tv - Bought this TV in November. Ever since it was opened, it constantly freezes while using smart features. Remote randomly stops working. The only way to remedy this situation, is to unplug the TV and plug it back in. Will not buy Sharp products ever again. 0/5 star. STAY AWAY FROM SHARP.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Sharp Aquos LC-50UB30U in Nov 2015. Picture went dark in Dec 2017. Tried the hard reset and it worked. Now it is Jan 2018 and picture is out again and hard reset does not work. After my experience and reading the experiences of others, I will not buy another Sharp TV. Much too expensive for the time it works.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I purchased a new Roku TV at Best Buy. It was the worst TV I have ever owned, and it was not cheap. At about $480.00 this TV did not last very long after the 1 year MFG. warranty expired. I paid over $400.00 in repair bills. The LED lights went out along with the T-con board and the main board. It was never something that could be repaired by troubleshooting, and always a defective part that was expensive to replace. The repairs would never last too long before something else would go.

Currently, the TV has no sound or picture and I lost $880.00. I finally saw that Sharp has an F rating with the BBB and numerous similar complaints. When I called their corporate offices they acted like they would help in the beginning, and sounded like they cared, but in the end they just brushed me off and handed the case over to call centers that had no authority to do anything even though this TV was obviously either defective or very cheaply made. This company has zero degree of customer satisfaction, and I would never buy another Sharp product of any kind again.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Have had this brand for last 10 years x 2 TVs. Great picture on both and would not hesitate to purchase this brand when updating a size.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

This 55 inch owes us nothing!?? It's been running nearly 24/7??? 11 yrs not one problem? 12 inch dark spot appeared on top of screen this week. Feared it would spark and quit... nope, just had power keep going off... quit! Great! Unfortunately Sharp no longer owns itself, name kept. Now Sharp not even compared??? On Amazon & others. Bad sign! So Samsung, LG & 1 other up & coming. Too bad. Such a great TV. Had to replace with Samsung... delivery this week???

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Purchased an AQUOIS TV 55 inch via HSN and 31 days later the brand new TV that they advertised stopped working (Blue Screen). Promptly called Sony Warranty Company (Hisense). I was given a # and waited for 3 weeks (No response). Called back and advised I needed to send in 4 pics of the entire TV (We did) and mailed with a receipt from HSN (showing Flex payments). Called again for update and advised TV must be on when you take pictures. We did and emailed to the warranty department.

Today I received a call that because I am paying via installments the TV is not owned by me and therefore they cannot work on the TV and HSN is responsible. Called HSN and they told me, "No, you own the product and they cant do anything." Called company back and three people later, rep., supervisor and Manager they cant do anything because I have not finished paying for the item. What in the world are they talking about.

I explained that if you buy a product via a credit card and you pay monthly on the product you own it, right? They didn't see it that way. They are escalating to another level. The issue is this. There is nothing in writing legally that states you must have finished making payments on a product before they can fix it. I think they are avoiding paying for this product as there are several complaints of this TV not working and a blue screen. At the moment, I have a product at my 82 year old mother's house that is not working. I have never felt so helpless and feel as though there is no recourse but to buy another TV and lose the money we spent for an early Christmas present. Beware of Sharp products their warranty process is atrocious.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I did a lot of research and this TV had all the options I wanted when I was making my choice. I wanted a certain size and features like a non-distorted picture when viewing it from the side. I wanted a brand that had a very good reputation and still fit my budget. I bought my Sharp TV in 2008 and it's still going strong. We came close to replacing it because the picture was starting to look fuzzy instead of clear, but didn't have to when we changed from cable to satellite service. Just changing TV providers was all it took, the picture was as clear as the new TV's that are out there today.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I have had this TV for 4 years now and have never had any sort of problem. The TV itself fits any type of decor. It is easy to operate and the menu is easy to navigate. The picture has been flawless too. I am thrilled with my choice.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

My Sharp Aquos is a great television. Easy for me to operate, has clear picture, and nice features. I've had my large flat screen Sharp TV for about 10 years now and never any problem with it at all. It's even been moved long distances more than once.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

Sharp Aquos LC-55UB30U: I'm giving Sharp a very generous 1-star review for the piece of trash 55 inch LED Smart TV that I bought at Best Buy in Manchester just a year and a half ago. About two months ago, my TV screen began intermittently showing black and white lights followed by black and colored, horizontal lines moving up and down the screen which gradually became worse until the television was no longer viewable. I called Sharp and explained the problem with the TV and the fact that I had it professionally installed and trouble-shot by my installer who recommended I call Sharp to see what they would do for me.

Sharp's answer was for me to call a local tv repair company that they would recommend at MY expense. Are you kidding me? I ask them if it is unreasonable for me to expect my 55 inch LED Smart TV to only last 1 year and a half? Is that what I can expect of Sharp products? Of course they put me on hold to think about it and ultimately they offered to escalate my issue. I thanked him very much and waited for a call, because, silly me, I actually thought I got through to them. Two weeks later I called back and was told that the matter was still being reviewed and that is handled by a different area. I asked if I could talk to someone from that area.

He put me on hold again and then came back to offer me the number of a TV repair company in my area that could come and look at the machine - again - at MY expense. Seriously? After many apologies and several phone calls, much time on hold with their annoying piano music, which I swear is designed to get people to give up waiting and hang up, ultimately, this was all they offered me. I said, "Thank you very much; I will not do that for what is obviously a poor quality product (backed-up by other poor reviews on Yelp). I will just post my review and thoughts online if that is the best you can do for me. Is that all you can do for me?" He said, "Yes!" Unbelievable. No thank you Sharp!

When preparing to post a review on Yelp, I learned that I'm not the only person who has experienced this very same issue with a Sharp LED TV. The symptoms were identical. How disappointing that Sharp will not be honest about that and stand by their product. To add insult to injury, I see that Sharp has a BBB rating of F! I guess that says it all. I learned a very good lesson at least - next time I will read more product reviews BEFORE buying a product based on a well-known name.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

Bought Sharp Aquos 32" LED TV (SHPLC32LE265M) from Singer Lifestyle exhibition, Sri Lanka. (https://www.singersl.com/). I paid LKR 32,000 and could use only around 1.5 years of time. Singer service centre says repair will cost LKR 21000 and need to replace PCB. Sharp is a Garbage product, do not buy it and never recommend to any other.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

We bought a 50" Sharp TV from Best Buy on a Black Friday. Deal still out the door. After taxes we paid $630 and 2 years later exactly from the date of purchase our TV stops showing the image. The sound is fine. No alert. No indication. Just boom instantly stops working. We took it to Best Buy. They told us our warranty was old now and that their "Geek Squad" would need to diagnose it and send out. It could cost $35-300 dollars. We said no. Then we called the manufacturer and they pretty much told us we were sold. I will never again purchase another Sharp item or anything from Best Buy again. These TVs are crap. Very unhappy customer.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

My husband and I purchased this t.v. from Best Buy not even 2 years ago. (I'm holding the receipt in my hand) and yesterday I turned it on and got sound but no picture, the screen would not even show volume, or input source. After finding the receipt, I called Best Buy Geek Squad and they informed me it was the LED light in the back of the t.v. which would cost more to replace than the t.v. itself. I decided to call the Manufacturer, SHARP.

After being transferred and on hold several times, I was told they only have a one yr warranty and cannot cover the LED light. So... I now have to purchase a new 50 inch led t.v. that I do not have the money for. When I spend over 300 dollars on a tv on Black Friday, that is actually already discounted from a higher price, I would expect it to last longer than 2 years! Moral of the story, don't buy Sharp TVs and always purchase the store warranty because they don't back up their products, because they clearly know they don't make them to last.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

Only gave one star because there is no zero. This thing is a piece of crap. Bought it at Best Buy in February of this year (still under warranty), and Sharp and Best Buy keep passing the buck to each other. Spent 10 days on the phone fighting with them and now I give up. Will never buy another Sharp product or shop at Best Buy again...

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

Bought Sharp 70 in TV back in 2013. Some time in 2015 white spots started showing up. Call Sharp tried it out. Well the trade started with white dots not even week after trade. Sharp only traded once. Said warranty was out. Couldn't do nothing unless wanted to pay tech to come look. Couldn’t afford that so I just sucked it up. Well month ago TV started with horizontal lines. Well know part I need to fix but can't get part without tech ordering and bringing to fix TV. I will never ever buy Sharp crap again. Worst TV I've ever owned.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

The Sharp Smart TV picture flipped upside down. We sent it in under warranty for repair and a week later receive a call they voided the warranty due to the tv having damages yet had not even a scratch on it when we sent it and a nasty bug was in the t.v. that could have happened during shipping but they cannot be sure my t.v. was in perfect condition other than the picture flipped upside down. I feel like they are trying to just not stand by their product and I’ll never buy Sharp again. I have since contacted a attorney and plan on requesting a class action lawsuit. If you got the same issue not standing by their contract maybe you can too start a action because it’s not right you pay 600 plus for a t.v. and it just malfunctions and you stuck! I’m afraid when I get it back they will have broken it. After all the caller ask me multiple times if they could just recycle it. No of course not. Send it back to me. I’m interested to see what they did to it.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

This gift was originally a present for my mother but after she passed away we inherited it. I'm only glad she didn't have to deal with the problems it's having. Today the screen went completely black which reading the reviews is what happens at the 2 year mark. We did buy the protection plan but Sharp can't see that part of the receipt on their end so my only hope is that Best Buy will still have it on file cause I can't find my copy. I'm so saddened by this. This TV was a reminder of my mother. I wish I would have bought a different brand.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

Like many other reviewers, we developed the dreaded horizontal line... which became multiple horizontal lines... which became a flashing (and completely unwatchable picture). We bought this at Best Buy and paid almost $3000. That makes the TV $1000/year. This is our last Sharp product (Aquos TV 70").

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I bought my Sharp Roku TV from Best Buy April 3, 2016. I was told how great the TV was and the many features. I bought it because it was sale. After getting it out of box, it did weird things, like turning itself on. We thought it would come because on using a cable remote in another. Until sitting in the living room one day with the TV off and it comes on by itself. We called Best Buy, the Geek Squad said to reprogram the cable remotes, so we did. It stopped.

Now after 18 months, the TV goes black but has sound. I call Sharp this time and they transfer me to Best Buy. Best Buy has me troubleshoot the TV, most of which I had already tried. They tell me to press and hold the reset button. Now I have no picture or sound and a $500 piece of crap. Best Buy did send a Geek Squad out after I complained that they just now ruined my TV and have to do something. Geek Squad told me it was cheaper to buy a new TV. Sure, like I have $500 to throw away again. After reading the reviews on this website, I see I'm not the only one that Sharp and Best Buy took to the cleaners. I did youtube how to install inverter, it looks simple. I may try the $100 repair myself.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

Bought a Sharp 80 inch TV just over 2 years ago (3,000). Repairman said main panel is out and to trash it. Called Sharp and they offered my a used TV at 1350.00. Finally came down to 900.00 and 90 day warranty. I thought they were going to help me but instead just trying to sell a used TV to me. I've been out almost 3500 for tax and repairman. Sharp does not care about their customers!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

I kept asking myself how Sharp isn't recalling this TV AND stop selling the series run of multiple bad inverter reports causing screens to go out. Until I researched, talked to TV repair places & to the place I bought Sharp Aquos from. Then it all became clear what was happening. Purchased a 50" Sharp Aquos 4K end of 2016. 7 months later, screen started blinking every time we turned power on... Then started blinking wildly while watching & finally nothing but black screen. Called place where we purchased & they immediately knew what issue was. Said MANY have had their 50" & above Sharp Aquos go out, it's a bad inverter & get this-Sharp is no longer supporting TV business. So it's a rampant, specific problem & they are doing nothing outside the one year warranty.

SO, we were in warranty, had no choice but to replace it with what? The exact model/series with known faulty inverters. AND the warranty does NOT start over! Of course not. Then they would replace TVs every year. They just replace faulty tv's with their inventory of same TV's. How Do I Know? Here we are, 9 months after our replacement, now out of warranty, AND IT'S STARTING AGAIN, Screen blinking, dark spot upper left screen & soon I'm sure a black screen... Again. The only bright spot to hundreds of dollars out the window is that we never have to own a Sharp product again. I keep checking for applicable class actions, so far, nothing. In addition to Sharp TV screen problems, search for "Sharp TV bad inverter" & you will be stunned at all the people with same story.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

I like the rest of the reviews now find after only 22 months my Flat screen ($600) TV BURNT OUT. I purchased this TV almost 2 years ago to the day and this evening after getting home the TV is fried. The screen just went black. I can hear what's going on, on the screen but no go. Tv is dead. I changed the HDMI cord praying the whole way to the store and back but that's a no go. As I am tinkering trying to revive my $600 paperweight I can see a super faint outline of the menu box at the bottom of the tv but can't get any further than this. I was going to go purchase same tv and swap them out and take it back but lo and behold they don't sell the model anymore. They stopped selling it a year after I bought it. How convenient two years in and SHARP'S TV BURNS OUT. They don't sell them, they switched the product line. Sounds like Sharp uses inferior parts.

You got me this time Sharp but I promise I will never buy a Sharp product as long as I live. I am going into my business tomorrow and advertising on my employees’ Jumbotron DO NOT BUY SHARP PRODUCTS. YOU WILL WASTE YOUR MONEY. I have a call center and employ 200 employees. Hopefully some of them get the message. If this TV was anymore pricier I would be forced to make a huge deal about it. WORD TO THE WISE DO NOT BUY SHARP TV'S or any SHARP PRODUCT.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

It is really sad when you spend bucks to buy a 60" TV and it won't hook up to the internet. Then you get told it has to be 15' away from the router. Since the TV won't fit in the closet I got an extender, put it behind the TV. Now I get full bars. My iPad works, my wife's iPad works, our phones work, my laptop works and the rep tells me to call my internet provider. Talk about passing the buck. When everything works except the TV, what do you think they will say? It is a poorly made TV!! Probably the last Sharp I will buy.

Resolution response: Aug. 18, 2017

Update: Sharp's Customer Relations department responded with an offer to swap my defective unit with a similar refurbished model (different model # with same specs and more recent manufactured date) at a $500 cost to me. The refurbished unit will only have a 90 day warranty with an optional extended 3 year warranty for $399..I received the TV today and it powered up. I have not put it thru an extensive operational test but plan to do so this weekend. As far as my view on the outcome. In total I've invested $3,100 (w/ a potential investment of $3,500 if I purchase the extended warranty) for a TV I originally paid $2,600 for. At the time I thought that was a little expensive for me but did it because it was dubbed as "high quality, Sharp's top of the line." So as far as remedy, I have a working TV but I've paid an excessive amount for it and have no idea if it will also fail after 3 years. I felt Sharp should have replaced my TV free of charge. One final note, Sharp Corporate Office indicated they are no longer in the TV business as of 2016. It seems they are now in the recycling of defective TV business. I will never buy anything w/ the Sharp label again.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I purchased a Sharp Aquos Quattron 70" 3D from Hhgregg in 2014 and it failed after 3 year. I paid $2,600 for the TV because it was described as high quality and Sharp's "top of the line" model. I had the set mounted in my newly constructed theater room where the TV was used for special events and probably not used more than 75 times in the 3 year period. Last week the picture screen went totally black with power indicator flashing 2 slow followed by 5 fast blinks. Contacted Sharp who sent me thru a series of reset maneuvers, which all failed to turn the TV on. Eventually, Sharp (after informing me my set was out of warranty) referred me to an authorized service shop in my areas, who diagnosed the TV with a failed panel. The service tech informed me that the cost to replace the panel (if available) would most likely exceed the price of the TV and that I should contact Sharp requesting some sort of compensation or relief.

Well, I did and was initially told there was nothing they could do for me. After escalating this to a manager, I was instructed to send in my proof of purchase and the service techs receipt and diagnosis report and they would get back to me, emphasizing they were making no promises. I am waiting to hear what they are going to do. I don't have $2600 to throw away and as I explained to the Sharp CS manager, if this was their "high-end, top of the line model" then they should stand behind it.

Will update when they respond. I have noticed a number of similar complaints with Sharp sets over 50''. I also read that that Best Buy will not sell Sharp large screen models because of the apparent issues they have. If this is the case, I hope to "somehow" get others to join me challenge Sharp and seek some kind of remedy and/or compensation. As another person put it on this site, "We all should band together and sue their butts. They need to be held accountable for making pieces of not working T.V." I agree. Let get together.

Original review: July 24, 2017

I recently bought a 50 in Sharp TV 37 days ago June 14. It is now July 21 when TV went black. I have always looked at sharp as top of the line in products. Anyway TV was working just fine. Left for 4 maybe 5 hours. Came back home turned TV on. You could barely see pictures behind the back drop. Tried to reset. The sharp label showed up for about 10 seconds crystal clear. But when TV picture shows it's barely visible in the back drop. No biggie. I located my receipt. To my surprise TV only had a 30 day warranty which that not sharps warranty I hope, all TVs at this business only have a 30 day warranty. Now that's what I call standing by the products you sell. Now to be fair to sharp I have not contacted them as of yet, but I'm hoping that they do right by their product that was bought brand new and I know things happen sometimes but you make good when your product does not stand up to the test of time.

Not even a little bit 37 days really? And not even 30 hours of watch time. Not only that. The TV came with the wrong remote control, it's a sharp remote but not the remote that goes with the TV. I would name the business but not until I talk with them to see if this problem can be resolved. I'm not here to bash businesses but really the wrong remote? Sharp should be a little more sharper (get it) on who receives and sells their products. And on top of all that the remote had no back ha ha!!! Talk about shade tree, had to tape up a brand new remote to hold the batteries. I never cried about it or complained. I accepted it as long as the TV still worked and wow!!! A little over a month that went out. Now all that being said I'm going to expect sharp or this company to fix my TV or give me my money back.

As I read person after person complain about how they got done by sharp it just makes me cringe. I'm sure they'll show 5 to one people they did make happy. But that still doesn't negate the fact that that one person was not. A good business model makes everyone happy within reason. Don't forget it was the public that made you sharp, and rather I receive a fair deal or not all the people that didn't should get together and put a law suit on them if nothing else to show them who put them where they are. To be continued.

Sharp TVs expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Sharp is a pioneer in the LCD TV technology and continues to lead the field by making large LCD panels and the AQUOS series.

• Vibrant color detail: Sharp's Quattron technology incorporates 33 percent more sub-pixels than a standard HDTV for a total of eight million sub-pixels; plus, its Aquomotion 480 ensures crystal-clear images even during high-motion scenes.

• Lots of content: Sharp's Smart TVs are loaded with apps, so you're never far away from your favorite content.

• Multiple ports: With multiple HDMI inputs, plus a USB connection and an optical audio output, connecting devices is a snap on many of Sharp's models.

• Wallpaper mode: Even when the TV is turned off, it's beautiful. Turn the TV into a photo frame or a work of art when it is switched off.

• Built-in audio: Two built-in speakers on the bottom of the sets deliver 20W of simulated surround-sound audio, plus the models are compatible with Sharp's sound bar.

• Best for: Bargain shoppers, home-theater enthusiasts, researchers and movie and TV connoisseurs.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

www.sharpusa.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use