Sharp TVs

Compare TV Brands

Research top TV Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I kept asking myself how Sharp isn't recalling this TV AND stop selling the series run of multiple bad inverter reports causing screens to go out. Until I researched, talked to TV repair places & to the place I bought Sharp Aquos from. Then it all became clear what was happening. Purchased a 50" Sharp Aquos 4K end of 2016. 7 months later, screen started blinking every time we turned power on... Then started blinking wildly while watching & finally nothing but black screen. Called place where we purchased & they immediately knew what issue was. Said MANY have had their 50" & above Sharp Aquos go out, it's a bad inverter & get this-Sharp is no longer supporting TV business. So it's a rampant, specific problem & they are doing nothing outside the one year warranty.

SO, we were in warranty, had no choice but to replace it with what? The exact model/series with known faulty inverters. AND the warranty does NOT start over! Of course not. Then they would replace TVs every year. They just replace faulty tv's with their inventory of same TV's. How Do I Know? Here we are, 9 months after our replacement, now out of warranty, AND IT'S STARTING AGAIN, Screen blinking, dark spot upper left screen & soon I'm sure a black screen... Again. The only bright spot to hundreds of dollars out the window is that we never have to own a Sharp product again. I keep checking for applicable class actions, so far, nothing. In addition to Sharp TV screen problems, search for "Sharp TV bad inverter" & you will be stunned at all the people with same story.

I like the rest of the reviews now find after only 22 months my Flat screen ($600) TV BURNT OUT. I purchased this TV almost 2 years ago to the day and this evening after getting home the TV is fried. The screen just went black. I can hear what's going on, on the screen but no go. Tv is dead. I changed the HDMI cord praying the whole way to the store and back but that's a no go. As I am tinkering trying to revive my $600 paperweight I can see a super faint outline of the menu box at the bottom of the tv but can't get any further than this. I was going to go purchase same tv and swap them out and take it back but lo and behold they don't sell the model anymore. They stopped selling it a year after I bought it. How convenient two years in and SHARP'S TV BURNS OUT. They don't sell them, they switched the product line. Sounds like Sharp uses inferior parts.

You got me this time Sharp but I promise I will never buy a Sharp product as long as I live. I am going into my business tomorrow and advertising on my employees’ Jumbotron DO NOT BUY SHARP PRODUCTS. YOU WILL WASTE YOUR MONEY. I have a call center and employ 200 employees. Hopefully some of them get the message. If this TV was anymore pricier I would be forced to make a huge deal about it. WORD TO THE WISE DO NOT BUY SHARP TV'S or any SHARP PRODUCT.

It is really sad when you spend bucks to buy a 60" TV and it won't hook up to the internet. Then you get told it has to be 15' away from the router. Since the TV won't fit in the closet I got an extender, put it behind the TV. Now I get full bars. My iPad works, my wife's iPad works, our phones work, my laptop works and the rep tells me to call my internet provider. Talk about passing the buck. When everything works except the TV, what do you think they will say? It is a poorly made TV!! Probably the last Sharp I will buy.

Consumer Increased Rating!

I purchased a Sharp Aquos Quattron 70" 3D from Hhgregg in 2014 and it failed after 3 year. I paid $2,600 for the TV because it was described as high quality and Sharp's "top of the line" model. I had the set mounted in my newly constructed theater room where the TV was used for special events and probably not used more than 75 times in the 3 year period. Last week the picture screen went totally black with power indicator flashing 2 slow followed by 5 fast blinks. Contacted Sharp who sent me thru a series of reset maneuvers, which all failed to turn the TV on. Eventually, Sharp (after informing me my set was out of warranty) referred me to an authorized service shop in my areas, who diagnosed the TV with a failed panel. The service tech informed me that the cost to replace the panel (if available) would most likely exceed the price of the TV and that I should contact Sharp requesting some sort of compensation or relief.

Well, I did and was initially told there was nothing they could do for me. After escalating this to a manager, I was instructed to send in my proof of purchase and the service techs receipt and diagnosis report and they would get back to me, emphasizing they were making no promises. I am waiting to hear what they are going to do. I don't have $2600 to throw away and as I explained to the Sharp CS manager, if this was their "high-end, top of the line model" then they should stand behind it.

Will update when they respond. I have noticed a number of similar complaints with Sharp sets over 50''. I also read that that Best Buy will not sell Sharp large screen models because of the apparent issues they have. If this is the case, I hope to "somehow" get others to join me challenge Sharp and seek some kind of remedy and/or compensation. As another person put it on this site, "We all should band together and sue their butts. They need to be held accountable for making pieces of not working T.V." I agree. Let get together.

I recently bought a 50 in Sharp TV 37 days ago June 14. It is now July 21 when TV went black. I have always looked at sharp as top of the line in products. Anyway TV was working just fine. Left for 4 maybe 5 hours. Came back home turned TV on. You could barely see pictures behind the back drop. Tried to reset. The sharp label showed up for about 10 seconds crystal clear. But when TV picture shows it's barely visible in the back drop. No biggie. I located my receipt. To my surprise TV only had a 30 day warranty which that not sharps warranty I hope, all TVs at this business only have a 30 day warranty. Now that's what I call standing by the products you sell. Now to be fair to sharp I have not contacted them as of yet, but I'm hoping that they do right by their product that was bought brand new and I know things happen sometimes but you make good when your product does not stand up to the test of time.

Not even a little bit 37 days really? And not even 30 hours of watch time. Not only that. The TV came with the wrong remote control, it's a sharp remote but not the remote that goes with the TV. I would name the business but not until I talk with them to see if this problem can be resolved. I'm not here to bash businesses but really the wrong remote? Sharp should be a little more sharper (get it) on who receives and sells their products. And on top of all that the remote had no back ha ha!!! Talk about shade tree, had to tape up a brand new remote to hold the batteries. I never cried about it or complained. I accepted it as long as the TV still worked and wow!!! A little over a month that went out. Now all that being said I'm going to expect sharp or this company to fix my TV or give me my money back.

As I read person after person complain about how they got done by sharp it just makes me cringe. I'm sure they'll show 5 to one people they did make happy. But that still doesn't negate the fact that that one person was not. A good business model makes everyone happy within reason. Don't forget it was the public that made you sharp, and rather I receive a fair deal or not all the people that didn't should get together and put a law suit on them if nothing else to show them who put them where they are. To be continued.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sharp TVs?

I bought my Sharp Aquos 80" TV from Best Buy 2 years ago. It was touted as one of the better TV's that was available in the market. However that was short lived and now there is an annoying horizontal line that has appeared across my screen. I called Best Buy and they told me that there was nothing they could do and I would need to call Sharp. I was told by Sharp that the warranty was no longer in effect and that I needed to call one of their authorized repairman (which they so kindly provided the number).

The repairman came out and told me that the screen is no longer good and that I would need to replace it. He also informed me that it would cost as much as a new TV. The last thing he said was that Sharp was having trouble with their TV screens above the 65 inch models and that if I were to call them that since they were aware of this defect that they would probably replace the TV. This was not accurate as they don't want to be of any help in either helping get this TV fixed or replaced. Needless to say their TV's are absolute GARBAGE! Not to mention how their customer is GARBAGE as well!!! I can also tell you that Best Buy no longer carries their larger TV's above 55 inches. This tells you how they feel about Sharp as well! The only brands in the larger sets above 55" at Best Buy are Sony, Samsung, QLED, LG, and Vizio.

We gave $2000 for this tv (Aquos) and have never had nothing but trouble with it since we bought it. We will never buy another Sharp product... ever. Their customer service dept. is rude and useless. They never would do nothing while under warranty. The screen had always blacked out on it since we bought it.

I purchased a 40" Sharp Smart TV in March of this year. I am now seeing lines and have no good picture. I phoned and told them. They are insisting that I take pictures and email them the pictures so that they can decide whether or not they will assist me with this problem. I have repeatedly informed them that this is a problem for me as I have no access to a camera that can take pictures to load up on the internet and limited access to the internet as I am in the process of traveling the country. I requested the name of an authorized dealer / repair shop in the area I will next be visiting. They told me I would have to pay for any repairs if I took it in even though it has a year warranty and I purchased an additional 2 years. I think that in the future I will be staying away from any Sharp products and purchasing Samsung instead.

I bought a Sharp Aquos 70" 3D and it went out in 3 years. I bought it at Sears where the salesman told me it was top of the line. That's BS and they know it. Contacted Sharp and they were really rude. I asked them why come they can't just fix it but referred me to a repairman which they're helping make rich. I tell you I'm so disgusted with them. We pay 2,000 or more just to throw down the drain. We all should band together and sue their butts. They need to be held accountable for making pieces of not working T.V.

I now have 2 Sharp tvs and find both to offer crystal clear pictures, good quality sound and reliable performance. Their pricing is very competitive on their quality products. Cost matters!

I love everything about my Sharp TV. I can even call the Sharp company and they will walk me through how to use functions offered on my TV.

I've had it for a several yrs. It's not a Smart TV, but it still has a good pic. My TV was reasonable because it was a Black Friday sale. It's nice, but I would like to upgrade eventually.

It's a decent brand and good for a gaming TV. I purchased this brand for my son to use while playing video games. It is a basic TV. Nothing fancy but just right for what he needs.

I do not feel the TV deserves more than an average rating. While it is not the sharpest picture, nor the best audio, the price I paid for this TV was very low and it is the perfect size for my small apartment. It also has Roku which I love.

I have Sharp and Samsung TVs. However Sharp has very nice colors and customer service is very helpful. The appearance is really good and after the years of use I haven't have a single issue. Sharp is one of the oldest and reliable brands in the market. Outstanding service.

With so many choices, we were just hoping to find a reliable one. The Sharp answers all of our needs and the streamlined appearance is favorable. We were given a Sharp as a gift when we needed to replace our newer Sony. It has outlasted our higher priced Samsung and its picture and easy connectivity make it our choice as long as Sharp is offered.

The sharpness of the picture has faded somewhat over the years. When I purchased the Sharp Aquos 2 years ago, the picture was very crisp. It has since lost that sharpness.

Sharp TV is okay but not great and the screen is not sharp. I don't spend a lot of time watching TV everyday, we usually watch TV Sunday evenings. The cost was a factor. The color is not vibrant and the shape of the TV is clunky.

Just out of warranty and now it is completely dead! The tv (Sharp Roku) started malfunctioning within a few months of having it. That is, it would turn off and on unexpectedly, It would freeze, and also, would just "sleep" and never completely turn off. The whole purchase was a bust from the start. So, within two weeks of the warranty going out, THE TV SCREEN GOES OUT! Just out of the blue stops working.

The customer service is terrible with Sharp AND Best Buy. The customer service operator basically told me I was screwed. He said I would have to pay almost 400. To get someone out here for a service call. That's not including the parts. I bought it for 450. And financed it on my Best Buy card. When I bought it from Best Buy the salesman ensured it was a great brand, etc. so why spend the extra 200 on an extended warranty, right? WRONG! IF you are ever dumb enough to purchase one of these poorly made t.v.s do yourself a favor and buy the warranty. I'm writing this review because I wish I would have had a few to read myself, before I listened to the entry-level salesman who just wanted to make a quick 50 dollar commission. :*( So bummed.

I bought this TV 70 inches Aquos 4 years ago, never had any problems at all. Work well, the quality of the screen still very goods and I am very satisfy. The only downside is the exterior finish is not as nice as the others brands, look bulkier also. I had a lot of different brands TV in the past and this one for the price give me good results and it doesn't spy on me. :)

On Feb. 1, 2016 I purchased a Sharp/Roku/Smart TV model #LC50LB371U from Best Buy. 14 months later April 25, 2017 this t.v. went black. No picture of any kind just sound. WHEN I CALLED Sharp they told me to call Best Buy who in turn told me that my warranty just lapsed. Only 14 months old. This is bull, I paid a lot of money for this TV, never again. I think the manufacturer fixes the tv's to last just long enough to cover the warranty period. DO NOT BUY SHARP TV'S. DO NOT BUY FROM BEST BUY. Neither back their products.

I called your customer service number to get directions for adjusting the picture on my 19", Sharp TV to fit the available screen space. When I press the "View Mode" button the word "Stretch" appears in the upper right corner, and it cannot be changed no matter how many times I try. The representative to whom I spoke was curt and condescending in her tone when she spoke to me. None of the suggestions she made worked. Her last suggestion was that I should contact my cable company, which I had already done and they said it was the TV, not the cable. I told her this and she said I could either change cable companies or buy another TV. I assured her it would not be a Sharp.

We purchased a 70" Sharp Aquos in March 2015, registered it April 4, 2015, so it is just past 2 years old. We mounted it on the wall in our finished basement. We used maybe 100-150 times in 2 years. We watched a movie on it earlier in the week, no problems. Five days later, we tried watching another movie, and it was stone dead. No lights, no nothing. I googled for tech support and was really disappointed to find quite a few blog posts, etc describing the same or similar problems. We paid $1300 for the TV and used it very little, and of course it is just out of warranty. We bought it at hhgregg, which is out of business, and I have no illusions that Sharp will give us any satisfaction other than a "screw ya later." Very disappointing, very frustrating. And with the 2-year mark just having elapsed, it almost makes you wonder if they build their products to fail just after that point. Disgusting.

Sharp/Roku LC43LB481U TV - Bought this TV online at Best Buy 02-05-17. In my opinion it is a bunch of junk. I would recommend not buy this TV. Here is why: Right out of the box the screen freezes. It also shuts itself down when it feels like it. Weak stations you get nothing but pixel bars, then if you walk up to it and give it a static shock the picture comes in bright and clear. Now that is really weird. Also the remote control has little to no functions. Picture quality when working is very good. However according to other complaints the TV will be junk in two years. Don't waste your money buying this China junk. Sharp always had good quality, but not now. That is why I purchased it in the first place. Very disappointed.

I purchased a 50" Sharp Roku Smart TV in the fall of 2015 from Best Buy. Yesterday I noticed that the top half of the TV screen was getting darker. Today the TV completely died and now it won't turn on. This TV is just over a year old, not even two and the screen already went out! What kinda craziness is this? Due to this experience, I will never purchase another Sharp product in my life.

When I spent over $4000 on an 80" Sharp TV, I expected it to last. It was two years old when the horizontal lines appeared. (So it was past warranty.) Sharp recommended a repair shop in my city. He said it would need a new "board" that would cost about $2000! (And it was unavailable.) If you "Google" this problem you'll find that it is all too common. It's three years old now, and I've tolerated the lines, but now it gets stuck in 3D mode for some reason and I can't get out. I am going to take great pleasure in destroying this TV once I've bought a new one. I thought I had bought one of the best money could buy... WRONG!

4 month old 4k smart tv 40 some inch. Double image at bottom of screen with horizontal lines. Don't have receipt or original packaging. Sharp customer service says send pictures of screen, screen with menu, screen at different angles. Screen from outer space. Maybe a letter from congressman. Sharp are a bunch of hodads and now I have to listen to my wife complain that I am stupid for buying a Sharp TV. Sharp can stick their products and I hope their wives yap at them. About 500 bucks. Could have been worse. Rip the speakers out before it goes in the garbage. TV was for my disabled son. Now I feel bad so I will buy another TV for him. Never a Sharp. Should it last more than 4 months or am I being unrealistic.

We have 2 Sharp Aquos TVs. They are fabulous, good looking, great color, sound, picture. Both are smart TVs. Only problem is they are smarter than we are. Seriously just a great TV all around. If we ever need another TV this would definitely be the brand we choose. They last a long time, don't quit just as the warranty expires which is the norm with a lot of things. Reliable and great customer service from Sharp.

I purchased an AQUOS Sharp Smart TV in 2013. From the get go I was having problems connecting to WiFi. I bought a booster for my Wifi because the phone people from Sharp said that was the problem. After 6 or 7 calls between my cable carrier and Sharp, they finally sent a repair person out. Lo and behold this was the motherboard. Thankfully the T.V. was still under warranty and Sharp installed a new motherboard. About 6 months later green lines would come on certain channels, and then the T.V. would take forever to warm up and turn off. Finally, the screen was black. Don't waste your money. P.S. the attached T.V. remote was difficult to operate.

We have three SHARP TVs. Two have been great! The newest one, not so much. Our newest TV is a 55" smart TV. The TV kept going off and on, not being able to do anything. I contacted SHARP for technical help and they never responded.

Compare TV Brands