Shop on Amazon
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.95/5

Sharp TVs Reviews

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

Our first flat screen was a Magnavox. We went with it because it was a good brand name, but it wouldn't turn on a year later. We looked around and found a Sharp TV. I remember this brand from my childhood, and the reviews on the TV were good. The price was comparable with others in the store, so we decided to give this one a try. It's been a great TV. We would definitely recommend to others.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

Best all-around tv viewing experience. Picture is crisp. Many options (I do not even use?) Great price when models change. Readily. Available to me. I use a tv for watching and do not understand all the extras but Sharp is loaded with them. While in Best Buy, their picture quality was the best of all brands offered. They matched a price which saved me $150.00 on a 55" screen on Sharp only. I only buy Sharp or Samsung, Sharp lately.

Get buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

Have purchase both Sharp and Samsung colored TVs in the past and have been very satisfied with both brands. My latest Sharp purchase was a 32 inch which I got at a very reasonable price (just under $100). Have not used it yet but will use it when one of our current TVs has to be replaced. Would definitely recommend and be a future buyer of either Sharp or Samsung TVs based on their excellent reputation for quality including very good sound and many good features.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

The TV was very easy to set up. It basically did it on its own. Nice picture for the price. It's a 55 inch UHD. Paid 300.00 for it last summer. The Samsungs and LGs were more money but I can never tell the difference when I'm looking at them in the store. I bought a 55 inch HiScene UHD for my son's birthday last February. I paid $180.00 for a floor model with no box and remote.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

Our TV was given as a gift a few years ago. It has a built-in ROKU feature which is very convenient -- we were able to download apps without having to purchase a separate ROKU device. The TV's clarity is very good, and the audio is very good, too -- we can select the type of desired sound such as theater, big bass, high treble, etc. It has a sleep timer, theme settings (for the menu/app area), screensaver options, and parental controls. Never having owned a flat screen TV before, we can now say we're very pleased with this TV, and would recommend it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sharp TVs?

Original review: April 1, 2020

Hi, I bought my Sharp Aquos 4TC50AL1X last month and I am impressed with its performance. However, I tried pairing my Samsung Galaxy Buds via Bluetooth but it’s not working. Need help on this. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I purchased a Sharp Roku TV 32", model # LC-32LB601C on November 22,2018. On November 11,2019 I lost clear picture. Very snowy screen. I brought my TV to Best Buy where I purchased it in Montreal on November 11, 2019 on the advice of a Sharp employee. They accepted it and 9 days later Best Buy called me and said to come pick up my tv. They said they couldn't touch it. I said, "Why?" After 9 days. They shrugged their shoulders. So I called Sharp again and after 30 minutes a woman gave me a number and said a technician would fix it within 3 days. On the fourth day I called again and a guy said they won't come and fix my tv because the tv wasn't broken. The problem was where the cable was inserted, the port screw on the tv was loose. Now I brought my tv to a store to fix.

It's terrible. I'm on. Pension and I have to run around and spend time on the phone. It's not the first time I write or call Sharp. Nobody wants to know anything. They pass the buck on and on. Meanwhile it's almost a month I have to watch no tv. I will never go to Best Buy. I write every day to Sharp and Best Buy every day but they say it's the wrong dept. lol. It cost me $40.00 and it still ain't fixed. I beat the warranty by 11 days but still can't get satisfaction.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I have to reboot it every freaking day. It will not change screens or I can't get You-Tube or Netflix on my dumb TV. I wouldn't own another Sharp if they gave it to me. Crap, crap, crap, and more crap is all I have to say.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

WARNING - I have a Sharp 70” SMART TV that stopped working after only 3 years. I paid $1900 for the TV. I had a serviceman look at the TV to repair. I was informed that it is not repairable because the panel is bad. He has been in the repair industry for over 40 years. He told me that Sharp TVs are known to have bad panels that do not last. I contacted customer service and they requested that I have my serviceman forward his evaluation to them. That was done. I received a call from Sharp this morning. Their resolution was to provide me with a “refurbished TV” at a cost of $900. Are you kidding me? What an insult. If you are thinking about buying a Sharp product, I would advise against it. Again, I have been told by my serviceman that he has seen numerous Sharp TVs that have this problem and cannot be repaired.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

This TV was purchased as a TV for an office in July 2019. It was turned on once in July, then not turned on again until November. The TV would not turn on. Customer service was called, no troubleshooting helped. The issue was escalated, and at that point I was told that because the TV was used for commercial use, the warranty was void. They told me there was nothing they could do for me. I find it terrible business practice that they not only didn’t apologize, but that they flat out refused to help me. I’ve never had a TV crap out on me so quickly and have the company do nothing to assist me. Their warranty is more worthless than the paper it’s printed on. Stay away from Sharp!

Sharp TVs author review by ConsumerAffairs

Sharp is a pioneer in the LCD TV technology and continues to lead the field by making large LCD panels and the AQUOS series.

• Vibrant color detail: Sharp's Quattron technology incorporates 33 percent more sub-pixels than a standard HDTV for a total of eight million sub-pixels; plus, its Aquomotion 480 ensures crystal-clear images even during high-motion scenes.

• Lots of content: Sharp's Smart TVs are loaded with apps, so you're never far away from your favorite content.

• Multiple ports: With multiple HDMI inputs, plus a USB connection and an optical audio output, connecting devices is a snap on many of Sharp's models.

• Wallpaper mode: Even when the TV is turned off, it's beautiful. Turn the TV into a photo frame or a work of art when it is switched off.

• Built-in audio: Two built-in speakers on the bottom of the sets deliver 20W of simulated surround-sound audio, plus the models are compatible with Sharp's sound bar.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team