Shop on Amazon
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.85/5

Sharp TVs Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sharp TVs?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sharp TVs?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

Bought TV December 1st 2019. On November 1st 2020 Tv updated android system and 12 hours later Tv shut off and will not come back on. Little strange with the dates of purchase and update date and exactly 12 hours after update, it just died, no warning just off nothing. I have bought a lot of tv in my 50 years Sharp is bad product with most of its parts now being done overseas, you can't even get replacement parts unless you can find a honest parts dealer in China on eBay. They told me at Sharp, "Sorry you're out $675.00 for your 65 inch 4k tv cause warranty is up" and I could find a receipt so they wouldn't even help me pay cash for the new power circuit board and mail it to me or point me in the right direction on how to pay a tech to fix.

THEY GOT MY MONEY. THEY THINK IT'S FUNNY. I LOOK LIKE THE DUMMY. Best thing to do is buy another just like it and return the broken one and pray it stays working for a few years to get your money's worth. By the way, I have a SAMSUNG AND LG tv 12 years, TWELVE YEARS and they are still amazing products... TRY THEM, NOT SHARP. Check around on this info you'll see. Good luck.

Original review: April 1, 2020

Hi, I bought my Sharp Aquos 4TC50AL1X last month and I am impressed with its performance. However, I tried pairing my Samsung Galaxy Buds via Bluetooth but it’s not working. Need help on this. Thank you.

Get buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I purchased a Sharp Roku TV 32", model # LC-32LB601C on November 22,2018. On November 11,2019 I lost clear picture. Very snowy screen. I brought my TV to Best Buy where I purchased it in Montreal on November 11, 2019 on the advice of a Sharp employee. They accepted it and 9 days later Best Buy called me and said to come pick up my tv. They said they couldn't touch it. I said, "Why?" After 9 days. They shrugged their shoulders. So I called Sharp again and after 30 minutes a woman gave me a number and said a technician would fix it within 3 days. On the fourth day I called again and a guy said they won't come and fix my tv because the tv wasn't broken. The problem was where the cable was inserted, the port screw on the tv was loose. Now I brought my tv to a store to fix.

It's terrible. I'm on. Pension and I have to run around and spend time on the phone. It's not the first time I write or call Sharp. Nobody wants to know anything. They pass the buck on and on. Meanwhile it's almost a month I have to watch no tv. I will never go to Best Buy. I write every day to Sharp and Best Buy every day but they say it's the wrong dept. lol. It cost me $40.00 and it still ain't fixed. I beat the warranty by 11 days but still can't get satisfaction.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I have to reboot it every freaking day. It will not change screens or I can't get You-Tube or Netflix on my dumb TV. I wouldn't own another Sharp if they gave it to me. Crap, crap, crap, and more crap is all I have to say.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

WARNING - I have a Sharp 70” SMART TV that stopped working after only 3 years. I paid $1900 for the TV. I had a serviceman look at the TV to repair. I was informed that it is not repairable because the panel is bad. He has been in the repair industry for over 40 years. He told me that Sharp TVs are known to have bad panels that do not last. I contacted customer service and they requested that I have my serviceman forward his evaluation to them. That was done. I received a call from Sharp this morning. Their resolution was to provide me with a “refurbished TV” at a cost of $900. Are you kidding me? What an insult. If you are thinking about buying a Sharp product, I would advise against it. Again, I have been told by my serviceman that he has seen numerous Sharp TVs that have this problem and cannot be repaired.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

This TV was purchased as a TV for an office in July 2019. It was turned on once in July, then not turned on again until November. The TV would not turn on. Customer service was called, no troubleshooting helped. The issue was escalated, and at that point I was told that because the TV was used for commercial use, the warranty was void. They told me there was nothing they could do for me. I find it terrible business practice that they not only didn’t apologize, but that they flat out refused to help me. I’ve never had a TV crap out on me so quickly and have the company do nothing to assist me. Their warranty is more worthless than the paper it’s printed on. Stay away from Sharp!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

We purchased what we believed to be a Sharp tv on July 15th, 2018. Brought it home and it was broken, returned it for a new tv same day. That second worked for 3 weeks and dealing with the company has been a joke! After dealing with their customer service for weeks they finally sent us a new unit. That unit had a perfect box and yet it looks like someone jumped on the tv which means that happened before it went in the box! Their customer service doesn't keep notes, they lose everything even after while on you were on the phone and confirmed they received what they wanted such as pictures and they are just overall horrible and rude!

I had one supervisor who was kind and tried to help and even admitted that I wouldn't get anywhere with this company and they are causing all these issues hoping I just decide this isn't worth my time and I will forget about my refund. My refund was started 2 weeks ago but now I'm being told that's not the case and it won't be started until they receive the last broken TV that I'm making them take back arrives at their warehouse. That's fine! I'm not even mad at that. I'm mad at being lied to by every horrible customer service rep and manager. Buy a real brand for the same price that cares about their reputation and don't get screwed over like we did!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

Please do not buy Sharp TVs. They are only good for a couple of years and they deny any responsibility about the TV after that. The products are bad and the customer service is horrible. Save yourself some time, buy any TV other than Sharp.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

Bought this tv because of the price. It lasted almost 2 days. They won't take it back. They want to fix it. The repairman ordered the main board which is scheduled to arrive in 3 weeks (on back order). This 1 was to replace my 60 inch Sharp Aquos that broke after almost 3 years. Never again will I buy a Sharp product!!!!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

We are not pleased that the smart Sharp TV that we purchased is not compatible to download the Spotify application. We won’t be purchasing a Sharp TV in the future for this reason. Sharp is now by Hisense.

Sharp TVs author review by ConsumerAffairs

Sharp is a pioneer in the LCD TV technology and continues to lead the field by making large LCD panels and the AQUOS series.

• Vibrant color detail: Sharp's Quattron technology incorporates 33 percent more sub-pixels than a standard HDTV for a total of eight million sub-pixels; plus, its Aquomotion 480 ensures crystal-clear images even during high-motion scenes.

• Lots of content: Sharp's Smart TVs are loaded with apps, so you're never far away from your favorite content.

• Multiple ports: With multiple HDMI inputs, plus a USB connection and an optical audio output, connecting devices is a snap on many of Sharp's models.

• Wallpaper mode: Even when the TV is turned off, it's beautiful. Turn the TV into a photo frame or a work of art when it is switched off.

• Built-in audio: Two built-in speakers on the bottom of the sets deliver 20W of simulated surround-sound audio, plus the models are compatible with Sharp's sound bar.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team