3.15/5

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Sharp TVs Reviews

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

Have purchase both Sharp and Samsung colored TVs in the past and have been very satisfied with both brands. My latest Sharp purchase was a 32 inch which I got at a very reasonable price (just under $100). Have not used it yet but will use it when one of our current TVs has to be replaced. Would definitely recommend and be a future buyer of either Sharp or Samsung TVs based on their excellent reputation for quality including very good sound and many good features.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

Our TV was given as a gift a few years ago. It has a built-in ROKU feature which is very convenient -- we were able to download apps without having to purchase a separate ROKU device. The TV's clarity is very good, and the audio is very good, too -- we can select the type of desired sound such as theater, big bass, high treble, etc. It has a sleep timer, theme settings (for the menu/app area), screensaver options, and parental controls. Never having owned a flat screen TV before, we can now say we're very pleased with this TV, and would recommend it.

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 14, 2019

The picture is great. The color of the TV is great. The sound of the TV is wonderful. The TV size fits perfectly on the wall or on a stand. The TV is nice and slim. The base is a sturdy stand. This brand of TV has multiple sizes and a large range of prices. Good brand name. The TV has a lot of function and a lot of different apps. This TV is able to connect to the internet. The TV connect to Netflix, Youtube, Hulu. We love our TV.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I have a 55 in 4k Sharp television at under $200 from Target. It was an excellent value - excellent picture - easy to hook up and overall I am pleased with the production and the output of the picture. Crisp colors and beautiful view. Not too heavy - very light. Easy to install legs. I love it and I'm very happy with my order! This is also my second Sharp television, my other one was a 50-inch 1080p and it too has excellent quality - and it still works! I just upgraded.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I bought my Aquos in 2003 or 5 BEFORE they sold the name rights to Hisense (in 2015). REAL Sharp TVs are great. Sharp even sued Hisense because they did not like what they were doing to their name, according to a story on LiveWire. Google it, you can read it yourself. Whether or not the Hisense ones are crap is another story. But I feel I must stick up for the real Sharp. Their customer service was great and my Aquos is STILL working. It now has a cross on the picture, but you can only see it at night when it blacks out for a commercial and the like. It's probably repairable, but it doesn't bother me enough to call a repairman. It is 15 years old now. I love my Sharp and I will purchase a new one when they re-enter the US market. Don't know what they will be called, but these Sharps that were reviewed are not "real" Sharps.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sharp TVs?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

Please do not buy Sharp TVs. They are only good for a couple of years and they deny any responsibility about the TV after that. The products are bad and the customer service is horrible. Save yourself some time, buy any TV other than Sharp.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

Bought this tv because of the price. It lasted almost 2 days. They won't take it back. They want to fix it. The repairman ordered the main board which is scheduled to arrive in 3 weeks (on back order). This 1 was to replace my 60 inch Sharp Aquos that broke after almost 3 years. Never again will I buy a Sharp product!!!!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

We are not pleased that the smart Sharp TV that we purchased is not compatible to download the Spotify application. We won’t be purchasing a Sharp TV in the future for this reason. Sharp is now by Hisense.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

I have owned & extensively viewed other television manufacturers' products, including LG and Samsung 55-70" screen but these are vastly inferior to the quality of picture Sharp's comparable television presents.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

This tv is several years old and still works great. Picture quality is great (sharp, clear), standard speakers provide great sound. I would recommend their products to anyone. When current tv plays, I will be looking for another Sharp product.

Sharp TVs expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Sharp is a pioneer in the LCD TV technology and continues to lead the field by making large LCD panels and the AQUOS series.

• Vibrant color detail: Sharp's Quattron technology incorporates 33 percent more sub-pixels than a standard HDTV for a total of eight million sub-pixels; plus, its Aquomotion 480 ensures crystal-clear images even during high-motion scenes.

• Lots of content: Sharp's Smart TVs are loaded with apps, so you're never far away from your favorite content.

• Multiple ports: With multiple HDMI inputs, plus a USB connection and an optical audio output, connecting devices is a snap on many of Sharp's models.

• Wallpaper mode: Even when the TV is turned off, it's beautiful. Turn the TV into a photo frame or a work of art when it is switched off.

• Built-in audio: Two built-in speakers on the bottom of the sets deliver 20W of simulated surround-sound audio, plus the models are compatible with Sharp's sound bar.

• Best for: Bargain shoppers, home-theater enthusiasts, researchers and movie and TV connoisseurs.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs