2.7/5 (937 ratings)

About Sharp TVs

Sharp TVs Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sharp TVs?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sharp TVs?

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

I purchased Sharp LED TV recently, all of sudden TV require updates, due to no updates LED restarted again and again. I tried to contacted Sharp services centers in different cities many time but unfortunately not succeed. I visited one of the service center, they are asking 300-SR to just check and later technician said, "Sorry software updates are not available, it's better to change motherboard or throw this tv and buy new one." Based on my experience, I strongly Recommend Not to Buy Sharp Products, especially TV.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Like so many who have posted on this site, my warning is the same: DO NOT BUY A SHARP TV. Ours is less than 2 years old. Without warning or any other issue, the screen just went black. Can't get it to turn back on. Sharp sent us instructions to download some code to reset but it didn't work. Called them back. They said someone would call us within 24 hours. After 2 days, I called them. Was told that because the tv is out of warranty, there isn't anything they can do for us. So I guess their televisions are made to last 1 year plus 1 day. Never again will I spend money on a Sharp product.

Get buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

Got a 65" Sharp TV as a promotion with a vehicle purchase. It kept disconnecting from WiFi and I had to unplug the TV each time to reboot the connection. Two other TV's in house with NO connection issues. Technician replaced motherboard & wifi card but TV still had same issue. Sharp technician wanted to take TV for 2 weeks to observe problem offering no replacement option. I decided to sell this piece of crap & buy a better quality TV. I will never buy Sharp or Hisense brand or recommend to anyone. Disappointed as 65" TV nice to have for movie viewing.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

Waste of money, do not buy!!! Green rings for no reason. 1 year old, 1 year warranty, not quality built. 3 thumbs down! I cannot stress enough, do not buy. I lost all faith in Sharp as a company. For over 500$ you expect more than 1 year, just saying.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

I work in games and entertainment, and so I own and have owned several TVs, projectors, computers, VR headsets, etc. The Sharp Aquos tv is by far the worst television I've ever owned. Ever since I've owned the tv there has been very distracting brightness adjustments within any Amazon show I try to watch (that I cannot turn off even after turning off every 'smart' gamma feature in the tv, and rebooting factory defaults). Then Amazon just stopped working altogether one day, and because it comes installed in the tv you don't have the option to remove or reinstall it.

Amazon did not work at all for nearly 2 months, and then there must have been an update because it all the sudden started working again. Then, about 2 weeks ago there was a mandatory update I did not have the option to opt out of, and now the tv crashes about every 15 minutes trying to watch anything. I've owned this tv for 2 years, less time than any other tv I have now.

Furthermore, the experience with the customer care reps at Sharp and at Hisense, the manufacturer who would be in charge of any fixes has been like pulling teeth. I have had to relay the same information to multiple people via email and phone because they don't keep track of their cases very well. Based on the service I've received thus far I have little to no hope of them fixing or replacing the tv, so I'll probably end up just eating the cost and buying a new tv all together (a TCL, which womps Sharp in my experience). I will never again even consider a Sharp product, or a Google TV.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

Got the Sharp Roku TV 58 inch from Best Buy (2019), the tv was never moved and has stood in one spot. Never unplugged etc. suddenly the screen and sound turn off and that’s it. Defective motherboard. Money down the drain. I have never had a TV break so quickly for 0 reason. I’ve had a Samsung 32 inch I’ve lugged around since college for over a decade, totally fine and works great. But this just broke. Do yourself a favor and buy a Samsung.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

The most horrible television experience ever. Horrible customer service, the company fails to accept responsibility for anything and will transfer over and over. The most irritating part is the daily reboot, constant freezing of the screen, constant unpaired devices and the TV self removing channels. If you can handle all that, the picture quality is actually nice when it actually works.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

Bought TV December 1st 2019. On November 1st 2020 Tv updated android system and 12 hours later Tv shut off and will not come back on. Little strange with the dates of purchase and update date and exactly 12 hours after update, it just died, no warning just off nothing. I have bought a lot of tv in my 50 years Sharp is bad product with most of its parts now being done overseas, you can't even get replacement parts unless you can find a honest parts dealer in China on eBay. They told me at Sharp, "Sorry you're out $675.00 for your 65 inch 4k tv cause warranty is up" and I could find a receipt so they wouldn't even help me pay cash for the new power circuit board and mail it to me or point me in the right direction on how to pay a tech to fix.

THEY GOT MY MONEY. THEY THINK IT'S FUNNY. I LOOK LIKE THE DUMMY. Best thing to do is buy another just like it and return the broken one and pray it stays working for a few years to get your money's worth. By the way, I have a SAMSUNG AND LG tv 12 years, TWELVE YEARS and they are still amazing products... TRY THEM, NOT SHARP. Check around on this info you'll see. Good luck.

Original review: April 1, 2020

Hi, I bought my Sharp Aquos 4TC50AL1X last month and I am impressed with its performance. However, I tried pairing my Samsung Galaxy Buds via Bluetooth but it’s not working. Need help on this. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I purchased a Sharp Roku TV 32", model # LC-32LB601C on November 22,2018. On November 11,2019 I lost clear picture. Very snowy screen. I brought my TV to Best Buy where I purchased it in Montreal on November 11, 2019 on the advice of a Sharp employee. They accepted it and 9 days later Best Buy called me and said to come pick up my tv. They said they couldn't touch it. I said, "Why?" After 9 days. They shrugged their shoulders. So I called Sharp again and after 30 minutes a woman gave me a number and said a technician would fix it within 3 days. On the fourth day I called again and a guy said they won't come and fix my tv because the tv wasn't broken. The problem was where the cable was inserted, the port screw on the tv was loose. Now I brought my tv to a store to fix.

It's terrible. I'm on. Pension and I have to run around and spend time on the phone. It's not the first time I write or call Sharp. Nobody wants to know anything. They pass the buck on and on. Meanwhile it's almost a month I have to watch no tv. I will never go to Best Buy. I write every day to Sharp and Best Buy every day but they say it's the wrong dept. lol. It cost me $40.00 and it still ain't fixed. I beat the warranty by 11 days but still can't get satisfaction.

Sharp TVs author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Sharp is a pioneer in the LCD TV technology and continues to lead the field by making large LCD panels and the AQUOS series.

• Vibrant color detail: Sharp's Quattron technology incorporates 33 percent more sub-pixels than a standard HDTV for a total of eight million sub-pixels; plus, its Aquomotion 480 ensures crystal-clear images even during high-motion scenes.

• Lots of content: Sharp's Smart TVs are loaded with apps, so you're never far away from your favorite content.

• Multiple ports: With multiple HDMI inputs, plus a USB connection and an optical audio output, connecting devices is a snap on many of Sharp's models.

• Wallpaper mode: Even when the TV is turned off, it's beautiful. Turn the TV into a photo frame or a work of art when it is switched off.

• Built-in audio: Two built-in speakers on the bottom of the sets deliver 20W of simulated surround-sound audio, plus the models are compatible with Sharp's sound bar.

Sharp TVs Company Information