1.72/5
  • 1 star
Based on 59 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 4, 2017

425 Sharp TVs Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

This 55 inch owes us nothing!?? It's been running nearly 24/7??? 11 yrs not one problem? 12 inch dark spot appeared on top of screen this week. Feared it would spark and quit... nope, just had power keep going off... quit! Great! Unfortunately Sharp no longer owns itself, name kept. Now Sharp not even compared??? On Amazon & others. Bad sign! So Samsung, LG & 1 other up & coming. Too bad. Such a great TV. Had to replace with Samsung... delivery this week???

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Purchased an AQUOIS TV 55 inch via HSN and 31 days later the brand new TV that they advertised stopped working (Blue Screen). Promptly called Sony Warranty Company (Hisense). I was given a # and waited for 3 weeks (No response). Called back and advised I needed to send in 4 pics of the entire TV (We did) and mailed with a receipt from HSN (showing Flex payments). Called again for update and advised TV must be on when you take pictures. We did and emailed to the warranty department.

Today I received a call that because I am paying via installments the TV is not owned by me and therefore they cannot work on the TV and HSN is responsible. Called HSN and they told me, "No, you own the product and they cant do anything." Called company back and three people later, rep., supervisor and Manager they cant do anything because I have not finished paying for the item. What in the world are they talking about.

I explained that if you buy a product via a credit card and you pay monthly on the product you own it, right? They didn't see it that way. They are escalating to another level. The issue is this. There is nothing in writing legally that states you must have finished making payments on a product before they can fix it. I think they are avoiding paying for this product as there are several complaints of this TV not working and a blue screen. At the moment, I have a product at my 82 year old mother's house that is not working. I have never felt so helpless and feel as though there is no recourse but to buy another TV and lose the money we spent for an early Christmas present. Beware of Sharp products their warranty process is atrocious.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

Sharp Aquos LC-55UB30U: I'm giving Sharp a very generous 1-star review for the piece of trash 55 inch LED Smart TV that I bought at Best Buy in Manchester just a year and a half ago. About two months ago, my TV screen began intermittently showing black and white lights followed by black and colored, horizontal lines moving up and down the screen which gradually became worse until the television was no longer viewable. I called Sharp and explained the problem with the TV and the fact that I had it professionally installed and trouble-shot by my installer who recommended I call Sharp to see what they would do for me.

Sharp's answer was for me to call a local tv repair company that they would recommend at MY expense. Are you kidding me? I ask them if it is unreasonable for me to expect my 55 inch LED Smart TV to only last 1 year and a half? Is that what I can expect of Sharp products? Of course they put me on hold to think about it and ultimately they offered to escalate my issue. I thanked him very much and waited for a call, because, silly me, I actually thought I got through to them. Two weeks later I called back and was told that the matter was still being reviewed and that is handled by a different area. I asked if I could talk to someone from that area.

He put me on hold again and then came back to offer me the number of a TV repair company in my area that could come and look at the machine - again - at MY expense. Seriously? After many apologies and several phone calls, much time on hold with their annoying piano music, which I swear is designed to get people to give up waiting and hang up, ultimately, this was all they offered me. I said, "Thank you very much; I will not do that for what is obviously a poor quality product (backed-up by other poor reviews on Yelp). I will just post my review and thoughts online if that is the best you can do for me. Is that all you can do for me?" He said, "Yes!" Unbelievable. No thank you Sharp!

When preparing to post a review on Yelp, I learned that I'm not the only person who has experienced this very same issue with a Sharp LED TV. The symptoms were identical. How disappointing that Sharp will not be honest about that and stand by their product. To add insult to injury, I see that Sharp has a BBB rating of F! I guess that says it all. I learned a very good lesson at least - next time I will read more product reviews BEFORE buying a product based on a well-known name.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

Bought Sharp Aquos 32" LED TV (SHPLC32LE265M) from Singer Lifestyle exhibition, Sri Lanka. (https://www.singersl.com/). I paid LKR 32,000 and could use only around 1.5 years of time. Singer service centre says repair will cost LKR 21000 and need to replace PCB. Sharp is a Garbage product, do not buy it and never recommend to any other.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

We bought a 50" Sharp TV from Best Buy on a Black Friday. Deal still out the door. After taxes we paid $630 and 2 years later exactly from the date of purchase our TV stops showing the image. The sound is fine. No alert. No indication. Just boom instantly stops working. We took it to Best Buy. They told us our warranty was old now and that their "Geek Squad" would need to diagnose it and send out. It could cost $35-300 dollars. We said no. Then we called the manufacturer and they pretty much told us we were sold. I will never again purchase another Sharp item or anything from Best Buy again. These TVs are crap. Very unhappy customer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sharp TVs?

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

My husband and I purchased this t.v. from Best Buy not even 2 years ago. (I'm holding the receipt in my hand) and yesterday I turned it on and got sound but no picture, the screen would not even show volume, or input source. After finding the receipt, I called Best Buy Geek Squad and they informed me it was the LED light in the back of the t.v. which would cost more to replace than the t.v. itself. I decided to call the Manufacturer, SHARP.

After being transferred and on hold several times, I was told they only have a one yr warranty and cannot cover the LED light. So... I now have to purchase a new 50 inch led t.v. that I do not have the money for. When I spend over 300 dollars on a tv on Black Friday, that is actually already discounted from a higher price, I would expect it to last longer than 2 years! Moral of the story, don't buy Sharp TVs and always purchase the store warranty because they don't back up their products, because they clearly know they don't make them to last.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

Only gave one star because there is no zero. This thing is a piece of crap. Bought it at Best Buy in February of this year (still under warranty), and Sharp and Best Buy keep passing the buck to each other. Spent 10 days on the phone fighting with them and now I give up. Will never buy another Sharp product or shop at Best Buy again...

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

Bought Sharp 70 in TV back in 2013. Some time in 2015 white spots started showing up. Call Sharp tried it out. Well the trade started with white dots not even week after trade. Sharp only traded once. Said warranty was out. Couldn't do nothing unless wanted to pay tech to come look. Couldn’t afford that so I just sucked it up. Well month ago TV started with horizontal lines. Well know part I need to fix but can't get part without tech ordering and bringing to fix TV. I will never ever buy Sharp crap again. Worst TV I've ever owned.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

The Sharp Smart TV picture flipped upside down. We sent it in under warranty for repair and a week later receive a call they voided the warranty due to the tv having damages yet had not even a scratch on it when we sent it and a nasty bug was in the t.v. that could have happened during shipping but they cannot be sure my t.v. was in perfect condition other than the picture flipped upside down. I feel like they are trying to just not stand by their product and I’ll never buy Sharp again. I have since contacted a attorney and plan on requesting a class action lawsuit. If you got the same issue not standing by their contract maybe you can too start a action because it’s not right you pay 600 plus for a t.v. and it just malfunctions and you stuck! I’m afraid when I get it back they will have broken it. After all the caller ask me multiple times if they could just recycle it. No of course not. Send it back to me. I’m interested to see what they did to it.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

This gift was originally a present for my mother but after she passed away we inherited it. I'm only glad she didn't have to deal with the problems it's having. Today the screen went completely black which reading the reviews is what happens at the 2 year mark. We did buy the protection plan but Sharp can't see that part of the receipt on their end so my only hope is that Best Buy will still have it on file cause I can't find my copy. I'm so saddened by this. This TV was a reminder of my mother. I wish I would have bought a different brand.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

Like many other reviewers, we developed the dreaded horizontal line... which became multiple horizontal lines... which became a flashing (and completely unwatchable picture). We bought this at Best Buy and paid almost $3000. That makes the TV $1000/year. This is our last Sharp product (Aquos TV 70").

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I bought my Sharp Roku TV from Best Buy April 3, 2016. I was told how great the TV was and the many features. I bought it because it was sale. After getting it out of box, it did weird things, like turning itself on. We thought it would come because on using a cable remote in another. Until sitting in the living room one day with the TV off and it comes on by itself. We called Best Buy, the Geek Squad said to reprogram the cable remotes, so we did. It stopped.

Now after 18 months, the TV goes black but has sound. I call Sharp this time and they transfer me to Best Buy. Best Buy has me troubleshoot the TV, most of which I had already tried. They tell me to press and hold the reset button. Now I have no picture or sound and a $500 piece of crap. Best Buy did send a Geek Squad out after I complained that they just now ruined my TV and have to do something. Geek Squad told me it was cheaper to buy a new TV. Sure, like I have $500 to throw away again. After reading the reviews on this website, I see I'm not the only one that Sharp and Best Buy took to the cleaners. I did youtube how to install inverter, it looks simple. I may try the $100 repair myself.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

Bought a Sharp 80 inch TV just over 2 years ago (3,000). Repairman said main panel is out and to trash it. Called Sharp and they offered my a used TV at 1350.00. Finally came down to 900.00 and 90 day warranty. I thought they were going to help me but instead just trying to sell a used TV to me. I've been out almost 3500 for tax and repairman. Sharp does not care about their customers!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

I kept asking myself how Sharp isn't recalling this TV AND stop selling the series run of multiple bad inverter reports causing screens to go out. Until I researched, talked to TV repair places & to the place I bought Sharp Aquos from. Then it all became clear what was happening. Purchased a 50" Sharp Aquos 4K end of 2016. 7 months later, screen started blinking every time we turned power on... Then started blinking wildly while watching & finally nothing but black screen. Called place where we purchased & they immediately knew what issue was. Said MANY have had their 50" & above Sharp Aquos go out, it's a bad inverter & get this-Sharp is no longer supporting TV business. So it's a rampant, specific problem & they are doing nothing outside the one year warranty.

SO, we were in warranty, had no choice but to replace it with what? The exact model/series with known faulty inverters. AND the warranty does NOT start over! Of course not. Then they would replace TVs every year. They just replace faulty tv's with their inventory of same TV's. How Do I Know? Here we are, 9 months after our replacement, now out of warranty, AND IT'S STARTING AGAIN, Screen blinking, dark spot upper left screen & soon I'm sure a black screen... Again. The only bright spot to hundreds of dollars out the window is that we never have to own a Sharp product again. I keep checking for applicable class actions, so far, nothing. In addition to Sharp TV screen problems, search for "Sharp TV bad inverter" & you will be stunned at all the people with same story.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

I like the rest of the reviews now find after only 22 months my Flat screen ($600) TV BURNT OUT. I purchased this TV almost 2 years ago to the day and this evening after getting home the TV is fried. The screen just went black. I can hear what's going on, on the screen but no go. Tv is dead. I changed the HDMI cord praying the whole way to the store and back but that's a no go. As I am tinkering trying to revive my $600 paperweight I can see a super faint outline of the menu box at the bottom of the tv but can't get any further than this. I was going to go purchase same tv and swap them out and take it back but lo and behold they don't sell the model anymore. They stopped selling it a year after I bought it. How convenient two years in and SHARP'S TV BURNS OUT. They don't sell them, they switched the product line. Sounds like Sharp uses inferior parts.

You got me this time Sharp but I promise I will never buy a Sharp product as long as I live. I am going into my business tomorrow and advertising on my employees’ Jumbotron DO NOT BUY SHARP PRODUCTS. YOU WILL WASTE YOUR MONEY. I have a call center and employ 200 employees. Hopefully some of them get the message. If this TV was anymore pricier I would be forced to make a huge deal about it. WORD TO THE WISE DO NOT BUY SHARP TV'S or any SHARP PRODUCT.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

It is really sad when you spend bucks to buy a 60" TV and it won't hook up to the internet. Then you get told it has to be 15' away from the router. Since the TV won't fit in the closet I got an extender, put it behind the TV. Now I get full bars. My iPad works, my wife's iPad works, our phones work, my laptop works and the rep tells me to call my internet provider. Talk about passing the buck. When everything works except the TV, what do you think they will say? It is a poorly made TV!! Probably the last Sharp I will buy.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I purchased a Sharp Aquos Quattron 70" 3D from Hhgregg in 2014 and it failed after 3 year. I paid $2,600 for the TV because it was described as high quality and Sharp's "top of the line" model. I had the set mounted in my newly constructed theater room where the TV was used for special events and probably not used more than 75 times in the 3 year period. Last week the picture screen went totally black with power indicator flashing 2 slow followed by 5 fast blinks. Contacted Sharp who sent me thru a series of reset maneuvers, which all failed to turn the TV on. Eventually, Sharp (after informing me my set was out of warranty) referred me to an authorized service shop in my areas, who diagnosed the TV with a failed panel. The service tech informed me that the cost to replace the panel (if available) would most likely exceed the price of the TV and that I should contact Sharp requesting some sort of compensation or relief.

Well, I did and was initially told there was nothing they could do for me. After escalating this to a manager, I was instructed to send in my proof of purchase and the service techs receipt and diagnosis report and they would get back to me, emphasizing they were making no promises. I am waiting to hear what they are going to do. I don't have $2600 to throw away and as I explained to the Sharp CS manager, if this was their "high-end, top of the line model" then they should stand behind it.

Will update when they respond. I have noticed a number of similar complaints with Sharp sets over 50''. I also read that that Best Buy will not sell Sharp large screen models because of the apparent issues they have. If this is the case, I hope to "somehow" get others to join me challenge Sharp and seek some kind of remedy and/or compensation. As another person put it on this site, "We all should band together and sue their butts. They need to be held accountable for making pieces of not working T.V." I agree. Let get together.

Original review: July 24, 2017

I recently bought a 50 in Sharp TV 37 days ago June 14. It is now July 21 when TV went black. I have always looked at sharp as top of the line in products. Anyway TV was working just fine. Left for 4 maybe 5 hours. Came back home turned TV on. You could barely see pictures behind the back drop. Tried to reset. The sharp label showed up for about 10 seconds crystal clear. But when TV picture shows it's barely visible in the back drop. No biggie. I located my receipt. To my surprise TV only had a 30 day warranty which that not sharps warranty I hope, all TVs at this business only have a 30 day warranty. Now that's what I call standing by the products you sell. Now to be fair to sharp I have not contacted them as of yet, but I'm hoping that they do right by their product that was bought brand new and I know things happen sometimes but you make good when your product does not stand up to the test of time.

Not even a little bit 37 days really? And not even 30 hours of watch time. Not only that. The TV came with the wrong remote control, it's a sharp remote but not the remote that goes with the TV. I would name the business but not until I talk with them to see if this problem can be resolved. I'm not here to bash businesses but really the wrong remote? Sharp should be a little more sharper (get it) on who receives and sells their products. And on top of all that the remote had no back ha ha!!! Talk about shade tree, had to tape up a brand new remote to hold the batteries. I never cried about it or complained. I accepted it as long as the TV still worked and wow!!! A little over a month that went out. Now all that being said I'm going to expect sharp or this company to fix my TV or give me my money back.

As I read person after person complain about how they got done by sharp it just makes me cringe. I'm sure they'll show 5 to one people they did make happy. But that still doesn't negate the fact that that one person was not. A good business model makes everyone happy within reason. Don't forget it was the public that made you sharp, and rather I receive a fair deal or not all the people that didn't should get together and put a law suit on them if nothing else to show them who put them where they are. To be continued.

Original review: July 17, 2017

I bought my Sharp Aquos 80" TV from Best Buy 2 years ago. It was touted as one of the better TV's that was available in the market. However that was short lived and now there is an annoying horizontal line that has appeared across my screen. I called Best Buy and they told me that there was nothing they could do and I would need to call Sharp. I was told by Sharp that the warranty was no longer in effect and that I needed to call one of their authorized repairman (which they so kindly provided the number).

The repairman came out and told me that the screen is no longer good and that I would need to replace it. He also informed me that it would cost as much as a new TV. The last thing he said was that Sharp was having trouble with their TV screens above the 65 inch models and that if I were to call them that since they were aware of this defect that they would probably replace the TV. This was not accurate as they don't want to be of any help in either helping get this TV fixed or replaced. Needless to say their TV's are absolute GARBAGE! Not to mention how their customer is GARBAGE as well!!! I can also tell you that Best Buy no longer carries their larger TV's above 55 inches. This tells you how they feel about Sharp as well! The only brands in the larger sets above 55" at Best Buy are Sony, Samsung, QLED, LG, and Vizio.

Original review: July 12, 2017

We gave $2000 for this tv (Aquos) and have never had nothing but trouble with it since we bought it. We will never buy another Sharp product... ever. Their customer service dept. is rude and useless. They never would do nothing while under warranty. The screen had always blacked out on it since we bought it.

Original review: June 30, 2017

This TV (Sharp Roku TV 55") is nothing but junk. I bought it over the Christmas holiday 2016 from Best Buy and didn't open the box until March 2017. When I put it up on the wall mount and set it all up it goes off and on by itself over and over, like in a loop. Geek Squad has been out twice to replace some parts including the whole motherboard. Now they are having to replace the motherboard for the second time so fix # 3 coming up this week. The issue is, this TV has not worked right since I opened it out of the box. I highly recommend do not purchase this tv. My next move for this tv is the dumpster. Not worth all the time spent to be home for all the appointments to try and attempt to fix this junk tv.

Original review: June 23, 2017

I purchased a 40" Sharp Smart TV in March of this year. I am now seeing lines and have no good picture. I phoned and told them. They are insisting that I take pictures and email them the pictures so that they can decide whether or not they will assist me with this problem. I have repeatedly informed them that this is a problem for me as I have no access to a camera that can take pictures to load up on the internet and limited access to the internet as I am in the process of traveling the country. I requested the name of an authorized dealer / repair shop in the area I will next be visiting. They told me I would have to pay for any repairs if I took it in even though it has a year warranty and I purchased an additional 2 years. I think that in the future I will be staying away from any Sharp products and purchasing Samsung instead.

Original review: June 18, 2017

I bought a Sharp Aquos 70" 3D and it went out in 3 years. I bought it at Sears where the salesman told me it was top of the line. That's BS and they know it. Contacted Sharp and they were really rude. I asked them why come they can't just fix it but referred me to a repairman which they're helping make rich. I tell you I'm so disgusted with them. We pay 2,000 or more just to throw down the drain. We all should band together and sue their butts. They need to be held accountable for making pieces of not working T.V.

Original review: June 2, 2017

I now have 2 Sharp tvs and find both to offer crystal clear pictures, good quality sound and reliable performance. Their pricing is very competitive on their quality products. Cost matters!

Original review: June 1, 2017

I love everything about my Sharp TV. I can even call the Sharp company and they will walk me through how to use functions offered on my TV.

Original review: May 31, 2017

I've had it for a several yrs. It's not a Smart TV, but it still has a good pic. My TV was reasonable because it was a Black Friday sale. It's nice, but I would like to upgrade eventually.

Original review: May 30, 2017

It's a decent brand and good for a gaming TV. I purchased this brand for my son to use while playing video games. It is a basic TV. Nothing fancy but just right for what he needs.

Original review: May 29, 2017

Have had Sharp TV for an entire year. It's very impressive looking and quality is superior. This brand has been around for a long time. Its standards have stood the test of time.

Original review: May 28, 2017

I do not feel the TV deserves more than an average rating. While it is not the sharpest picture, nor the best audio, the price I paid for this TV was very low and it is the perfect size for my small apartment. It also has Roku which I love.

Original review: May 25, 2017

I have Sharp and Samsung TVs. However Sharp has very nice colors and customer service is very helpful. The appearance is really good and after the years of use I haven't have a single issue. Sharp is one of the oldest and reliable brands in the market. Outstanding service.

Sharp TVs expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Sharp is a pioneer in the LCD TV technology and continues to lead the field by making large LCD panels and the AQUOS series.

• Vibrant color detail: Sharp's Quattron technology incorporates 33 percent more sub-pixels than a standard HDTV for a total of eight million sub-pixels; plus, its Aquomotion 480 ensures crystal-clear images even during high-motion scenes.

• Lots of content: Sharp's Smart TVs are loaded with apps, so you're never far away from your favorite content.

• Multiple ports: With multiple HDMI inputs, plus a USB connection and an optical audio output, connecting devices is a snap on many of Sharp's models.

• Wallpaper mode: Even when the TV is turned off, it's beautiful. Turn the TV into a photo frame or a work of art when it is switched off.

• Built-in audio: Two built-in speakers on the bottom of the sets deliver 20W of simulated surround-sound audio, plus the models are compatible with Sharp's sound bar.

• Best for: Bargain shoppers, home-theater enthusiasts, researchers and movie and TV connoisseurs.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs