Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.96/5

Sharp TVs Reviews

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

Best all-around tv viewing experience. Picture is crisp. Many options (I do not even use?) Great price when models change. Readily. Available to me. I use a tv for watching and do not understand all the extras but Sharp is loaded with them. While in Best Buy, their picture quality was the best of all brands offered. They matched a price which saved me $150.00 on a 55" screen on Sharp only. I only buy Sharp or Samsung, Sharp lately.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

Have purchase both Sharp and Samsung colored TVs in the past and have been very satisfied with both brands. My latest Sharp purchase was a 32 inch which I got at a very reasonable price (just under $100). Have not used it yet but will use it when one of our current TVs has to be replaced. Would definitely recommend and be a future buyer of either Sharp or Samsung TVs based on their excellent reputation for quality including very good sound and many good features.

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

Our TV was given as a gift a few years ago. It has a built-in ROKU feature which is very convenient -- we were able to download apps without having to purchase a separate ROKU device. The TV's clarity is very good, and the audio is very good, too -- we can select the type of desired sound such as theater, big bass, high treble, etc. It has a sleep timer, theme settings (for the menu/app area), screensaver options, and parental controls. Never having owned a flat screen TV before, we can now say we're very pleased with this TV, and would recommend it.

Original review: March 14, 2019

The picture is great. The color of the TV is great. The sound of the TV is wonderful. The TV size fits perfectly on the wall or on a stand. The TV is nice and slim. The base is a sturdy stand. This brand of TV has multiple sizes and a large range of prices. Good brand name. The TV has a lot of function and a lot of different apps. This TV is able to connect to the internet. The TV connect to Netflix, Youtube, Hulu. We love our TV.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I have a 55 in 4k Sharp television at under $200 from Target. It was an excellent value - excellent picture - easy to hook up and overall I am pleased with the production and the output of the picture. Crisp colors and beautiful view. Not too heavy - very light. Easy to install legs. I love it and I'm very happy with my order! This is also my second Sharp television, my other one was a 50-inch 1080p and it too has excellent quality - and it still works! I just upgraded.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sharp TVs?

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I purchased a Sharp Roku TV 32", model # LC-32LB601C on November 22,2018. On November 11,2019 I lost clear picture. Very snowy screen. I brought my TV to Best Buy where I purchased it in Montreal on November 11, 2019 on the advice of a Sharp employee. They accepted it and 9 days later Best Buy called me and said to come pick up my tv. They said they couldn't touch it. I said, "Why?" After 9 days. They shrugged their shoulders. So I called Sharp again and after 30 minutes a woman gave me a number and said a technician would fix it within 3 days. On the fourth day I called again and a guy said they won't come and fix my tv because the tv wasn't broken. The problem was where the cable was inserted, the port screw on the tv was loose. Now I brought my tv to a store to fix.

It's terrible. I'm on. Pension and I have to run around and spend time on the phone. It's not the first time I write or call Sharp. Nobody wants to know anything. They pass the buck on and on. Meanwhile it's almost a month I have to watch no tv. I will never go to Best Buy. I write every day to Sharp and Best Buy every day but they say it's the wrong dept. lol. It cost me $40.00 and it still ain't fixed. I beat the warranty by 11 days but still can't get satisfaction.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I have to reboot it every freaking day. It will not change screens or I can't get You-Tube or Netflix on my dumb TV. I wouldn't own another Sharp if they gave it to me. Crap, crap, crap, and more crap is all I have to say.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

WARNING - I have a Sharp 70” SMART TV that stopped working after only 3 years. I paid $1900 for the TV. I had a serviceman look at the TV to repair. I was informed that it is not repairable because the panel is bad. He has been in the repair industry for over 40 years. He told me that Sharp TVs are known to have bad panels that do not last. I contacted customer service and they requested that I have my serviceman forward his evaluation to them. That was done. I received a call from Sharp this morning. Their resolution was to provide me with a “refurbished TV” at a cost of $900. Are you kidding me? What an insult. If you are thinking about buying a Sharp product, I would advise against it. Again, I have been told by my serviceman that he has seen numerous Sharp TVs that have this problem and cannot be repaired.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

This TV was purchased as a TV for an office in July 2019. It was turned on once in July, then not turned on again until November. The TV would not turn on. Customer service was called, no troubleshooting helped. The issue was escalated, and at that point I was told that because the TV was used for commercial use, the warranty was void. They told me there was nothing they could do for me. I find it terrible business practice that they not only didn’t apologize, but that they flat out refused to help me. I’ve never had a TV crap out on me so quickly and have the company do nothing to assist me. Their warranty is more worthless than the paper it’s printed on. Stay away from Sharp!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

We purchased what we believed to be a Sharp tv on July 15th, 2018. Brought it home and it was broken, returned it for a new tv same day. That second worked for 3 weeks and dealing with the company has been a joke! After dealing with their customer service for weeks they finally sent us a new unit. That unit had a perfect box and yet it looks like someone jumped on the tv which means that happened before it went in the box! Their customer service doesn't keep notes, they lose everything even after while on you were on the phone and confirmed they received what they wanted such as pictures and they are just overall horrible and rude!

I had one supervisor who was kind and tried to help and even admitted that I wouldn't get anywhere with this company and they are causing all these issues hoping I just decide this isn't worth my time and I will forget about my refund. My refund was started 2 weeks ago but now I'm being told that's not the case and it won't be started until they receive the last broken TV that I'm making them take back arrives at their warehouse. That's fine! I'm not even mad at that. I'm mad at being lied to by every horrible customer service rep and manager. Buy a real brand for the same price that cares about their reputation and don't get screwed over like we did!

Not sure about Sharp TVs?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right TV Brands for you.

Sharp TVs expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Sharp is a pioneer in the LCD TV technology and continues to lead the field by making large LCD panels and the AQUOS series.

• Vibrant color detail: Sharp's Quattron technology incorporates 33 percent more sub-pixels than a standard HDTV for a total of eight million sub-pixels; plus, its Aquomotion 480 ensures crystal-clear images even during high-motion scenes.

• Lots of content: Sharp's Smart TVs are loaded with apps, so you're never far away from your favorite content.

• Multiple ports: With multiple HDMI inputs, plus a USB connection and an optical audio output, connecting devices is a snap on many of Sharp's models.

• Wallpaper mode: Even when the TV is turned off, it's beautiful. Turn the TV into a photo frame or a work of art when it is switched off.

• Built-in audio: Two built-in speakers on the bottom of the sets deliver 20W of simulated surround-sound audio, plus the models are compatible with Sharp's sound bar.

• Best for: Bargain shoppers, home-theater enthusiasts, researchers and movie and TV connoisseurs.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team