Sharp TVs

Compare TV Brands

Research top TV Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I bought TV SHARP - Mod: LC49XUF8772ES 2 days ago on 05th January 2017. At the same day after the purchase I did not open the box as I was tired. At the next day I opened and took out the TV with intention to install on the wall and... Surprise - there was a spot on the screen at the upper right corner. I switched on and realized that the screen was broken and the TV is totally out of order - unusable. I call the service and local representative of Sharp and can you guess - they blame me that the TV have been broken by me due to negligence.

The repair cost little bit more than the price of new TV. And certainly the warranty does not covering the damage. The warranty card is written by such way that I am not even sure among the items which are excluded from warranty is it also the cable with socket or might be only the cable is under warranty. Nice a? Actually excellent. The TV was cost abt 800 usd. I am feeling as a stupid person donate the company, which cheating the people. It will never happened again I promise. The Company Sharp together with their representatives and services are acting completely dishonestly and I am totally disappointed.

Bought Sharp Aquos Smart TV model LE-48LE653U in Nov 2015 at Sams Club. All good until May 2016 when it started acting sluggish changing channels or switching off/on. Few days after, it would not start-up. Just kept looping at the initial Sharp logo but would never pass that point (off and on). Remote was unresponsive and so were the side buttons on the TV itself. I contacted Sharp customer service and they had me try a "reset" procedure through the TV buttons but also did not work so they scheduled a tech to come and repair (still under warranty after 6 months). After 2 weeks, tech came by with a new motherboard, replaced and all good until now January 2017. SAME THING AGAIN. TV just boots off and on on the logo screen. Tried the "reset" procedure and again. Nothing. Called Sharp and lo and behold, first thing they ask me is "when did you buy it?" to which I said Nov 2015 and you know what came next. I'm on MY OWN.

After just 14 months - I am a proud owner of a $500 paper weight. Thanks Sharp! First and last time I am buying from you and hate to say it but will not recommend to anyone. I am sorry I did not do my research before buying like in coming to this board as I would of re-considered the purchase and after reading all the issues other Sharp owners are having it is clueless to me some type of lawsuit has not been filed against this shabby company. I don't know what management hands Sharp is under nowadays but I remember Sharp was known for quality and dependability, that's what mainly drew me to buy an "Aquos" TV but how wrong I was. BAD SHARP PRODUCT and BAD SHARP WARRANTY.

They abuse the customer and use predatory sales practices knowingly selling defective TVs to the general public. They delivered 3 count them 3 defective documented TVs and the months of delay for them to do so has cost me months of work and hundreds of hours on the phone. They lie, cheat and steal and the latest one they sent me went bad after the 1st 3 months. They never fixed that problem after 2 tech visits and guts replaced. The screen itself is bad and they knew it was when they sent it. I am a computer tech for the past 21 years now so I know they can target serial numbers with defects and send those off knowing the product will fail. They tried to denied I am still under warranty even though I bought the service agreement in the past month and received the TV still in this year, January.

They know they sent me a bad one and now 7 months later the TV is completely gone. No picture and even though the tech they sent said it is defective and must be replaced they still stall. This is the worst company by far for this and now they have teamed up with a substandard Chinese slave factory company to make their TVs. They will no doubt not improve and since I know back 10 years ago this same company made defective monitors for computers they will no doubt carry on this same defective tradition and abusive aftercare practices. They need to be banned from doing business in America as they know their TVs are junk. I am seriously considering a class action lawsuit as thousands of poor folks like me have been screwed by them. The abuse meted out by them is appalling and their lies heartbreaking. They do not make the top ten anymore because of this.

I purchased a smart TV, Sharp LC 55LE653U in August 2015. Weeks later, the TV started having issues. Turning itself on and off during the nights as if it was possessed. It also would tune out while we were watching a program. In January 2016, Sharp replaced the mother board and it worked fine for several months until 3 days ago December 2016. This new TV (motherboard) suddenly will not connect to the internet wire or wireless. Even though the motherboard was new in January, Sharp has decided not to service it. They claim it is out of the 1 year manufacture warranty even though it was replaced in January 2016. Sharp, please don’t put your defective products on the market. People purchase TVs to be entertained. No one want to spend hours with your customer service personnel troubleshooting expensive defective products. Sharp smart TV was not a smart purchase for me.

I purchase this tv on December 2015 as a Christmas present, I bought it on evine.com and ever since I bought this tv it has nothing but been a bad experience for me. The tv started getting a flickering every 20 or 30 seconds and decided to call customer service. They had me go through all the steps (rebooting tv) as if that was going to help. They decided to send out a tech, he arrived about two weeks later and said the motherboard needed to be replace. He got the ok from Sharp to order a new motherboard and came to install it 3 weeks later. The tv was not ever the same. The image and quality were no longer the same and I felt like they put a different motherboard. The tv was function ok for a month and half and the tv developed a black spot on the lower part of my tv.

I tried to get ahold of customer service and they never got back to me as if they were trying to avoid me. Finally got ahold of them a month and a half later!!! And they had me do the stupid steps again and nothing work. I'm still waiting for a tech to come out and figure this ** out! I'm done. I want to get a new tv or money back. I purchase the three year extended warranty so it should be any problem. I will be contacting Evine about this problem not being resolve!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sharp TVs?

I bought my Sharp Aquos T.V. LC-55UB30U last December (12/29/15) and had issues with it right away. At first I thought it was just a fluke, how the TV turned itself off. It was not. By March I had called enough times, with separate issues, that Sharp sent out a repairman to change one of the boards in the TV. Problem solved? Not quite. Again, multiple call over months of sporadic problems warranted another repairman to come out and replace two boards in the TV.

Like before, I am still having sporadic problems with my TV restarting for no apparent reason. In November I asked Sharp to replace my TV. I have had the TV under a year, they sent out (2) different repairmen to fix the problems (which started in January) and that problem is still plaguing me. Sharp will only replace my TV with a refurbished model. I told them that I bought a NEW TV not a refurbished TV, and I want my TV replaced with a new one.

I am not asking for a bigger TV, a higher end model or anything else. All I want is a new TV, the model that I paid for, that works. I don't know how many of you out there reading this feel about refurbished electronics but if I am having problems with my new TV, why would I want to risk inheriting someone else's problems? Sharp explained that my TV does not fall under a warranty any longer, and that if I want I can have either a refurbished TV or nothing at all. Sharp does not stand behind their products or appreciate your patronage. From my experience, I would highly encourage you to explore the different selections that other manufactures have to offer.

Three Year Old Sharp 70" Aqua... Panel Goes bad. OK, confirmed by two different repair companies... Panel is bad... after only 3 years and 2 months. We paid $1800 for this TV. Sharp doesn't have parts. Called Sharp went through the on the phone trouble shooter most other people have gone through here. Panel is Bad... confirmed. The Deal - the same TV "Re-certified" from Sharp. (I thought they didn't have parts??) $650 delivered and setup. So let's do the math. 1st TV 3 years 1800.00= $600 a year to own it. 2nd TV let's say it last the same as the first one and by looking at all these reviews I'd say I'm being more than fair. 1st TV... 3 years... 2nd TV 3years... 6 years of Sharp TV's now cost for those 6 years 1800 plus 650 for 2nd TV = $2450/ 6years = $408 per year / 12months $34 per month to own a Sharp TV.

These TV's should be lasting at least 10 years. Remember when you'd buy a Picture Tube-TV for $399 and it last like 20 years?? Word to the Wise here.... Don't BUY SHARP anything. The only reason Sharp is even dealing with us because they don't want a recall which would cost them $$$ because it would be free repair to us but this way they make us feel like we are getting a deal for $650. NOT SO-Lucky Us.

Aquos Smart 3D TV - I purchased this TV for my husband's 50th Birthday and it literally just stopped working the same month I made the last payment! Called Sharp and was told I would have to pay for repairs since it was past warranty. Called a repair place who looked at it and told me that the LED's went out and because the product was so new, they couldn't find the part to repair it. They even called Sharp to get the part and they said they didn't have it!! How could they NOT?!?!?! I will never purchase another Sharp product and should have gone with my gut when purchasing it and bought a different brand. That was over $1500 I guess my family didn't need. This company needs to be held accountable!! At least provide the part so I get this thing repaired!!

I purchased a 60-inch Sharp Aquos smart tv on 10/25/2015 and the tv didn't last for seven months. I have been relentlessly trying to get my tv replaced. They send a repair and he opened the tv and said that the screen was bad and that they didn't make them anymore. Bull, I believe that they are working together to rip consumers off. Now their decision which took me constantly sending info back and forth to say that they didn't get it for three months. They accidentally closed my case and when I called they said that they want to give me a tv with some deformities, refurbished same unit. Wait a minute, why can't they fix my. I am demanding that they give me my money or a new tv. They think that this is a joke. I got a bad tv and I will never purchase another Sharp product. I am now in the midst of talking to an attorney. Happy.

TV worked for a year and a half then just stopped. Paid over 1800 dollars for a 70inch TV and it's not functioning. I'm very decent with repairs so I tried to fix. Replaced the tcon board hoping it could be fixed turned out its the panel which is non fixable. Wow really if you have a defective product it should be on a recall and replaced for free which is good business. This company will never get any of my money again furthermore I will tell anybody that's willing to listen how horrible their service and products are.

DON'T WASTE THE MONEY, BUY LG PRODUCTS. Money like this is hard to come by and if I could do it again I would do more research or just take that money and go on a nice vacation. This seems to be a common problem with SHARP. I can't express how much of a inconvenience this is or how frustrating it is to have hard earned money flushed down the drain and have the company which I trusted for a quality product do nothing but apologize.

Don't buy a Sharp tv. I bought a 55" smart tv model# LC55LE653U. I have had nothing but problems. Stopped working a week before the warranty was up. Turns on to the Sharp logo then shuts off... and turns on and off repeatedly. Tech replaced main board under warranty. 2 weeks later, same problem. Tech again replaces mainboard. 3 months later... Guess what... Same problem. But now it's out of warranty. After arguing in circles for 2 weeks with customer support. They won't do anything. No replacement or repair. I tried getting the main board and fixing it myself. No can do. No one has it in stock and the part is discontinued.

Their customer service agents are bunch of freaking robots that have no emotion and don't understand that the problem wasn't fixed the first time when it was under warranty. Something is causing the board to short out that wasn't fixed the first time it was serviced. Now I have a 55" paperweight sitting in my studio. They told me that I should buy a new tv. Ha why should I have to buy another tv when I have a brand new tv, barely a year old, that broke under warranty and never was properly fixed, sitting my studio. I have a 13 yr old Emerson 32" flat in my bedroom that has given me absolutely no problems. Why is that? I thought sharp was a pretty good brand. I was wrong. If I end up buying a new one it definitely won't be a Sharp. The tv is a piece of crap and so is the company.

I will never buy another Sharp product nor will I recommend anyone to either. It's been a nightmare dealing with this TV. No one that works there cares that the tv was never fixed properly the first time when it was under warranty. Even the Tech says that there is an issue that is causing the mainboard to short but they only fix what they are told to fix from the service department. I'm calling the company every day until this gets resolved. Do yourself a favor... Don't buy Sharp and get an extended warranty with whatever tv you do get.

Garbage products. Warranty is one year for a reason. Screen greened out, then no power to the set. Was attached through the same surge protector as numerous other electronics, all of which are fine. Sharp = garbage quality. Stay away unless they give a full 5 year no question asked warranty.

Bought Sharp Aquos Smart Tv one and half years ago. No picture no sound. Called Tech Support. Cannot help. Out of warranty. Referred me to TV repair in my area. Now after paying mega money for TV I have to fork out money to have repaired. Always had trouble within the year of software updates and had to call Tech support to do factory update. I will never buy another Sharp TV if its going to cost too much to repair. Im out over a thousand dollars for a year and half old TV. I should have researched Sharp TV's before buying. One unhappy senior customer.

This is the worst purchase I have ever made. I purchased tv from Costco aver a year ago in September 2015 as Christmas gift for husband. I was unaware that my 90 day return policy would be void by early purchase. Usually if you purchase as a Christmas gift then that is date they will honor. My mistake or I would have a refund of 2600.00 that I paid and purchased another brand. Problems: At least 3 times a week tv will not read wi-fi. The only way that we have found to get tv to read wi-fi is to go back to factory settings and start all over again with setup. We have Hulu and Netflix etc and all the accounts have to be reset up also so this turns into a 15 minutes process. Imagine that frustration several times a week. Our wi-fi signal is plenty powerful enough to support tv, problem is in the card reader in tv, per repair man that was sent out 5 times to make repairs.

Every modem board in tv replaced, card replaced, picture quality diminished and many times we get picture with no volume. It took us over six months to get Sharp to replace tv when the repair person they sent out called them and told them even after repair tv was not working properly. When they finally agreed, only because Costco concierge services was on our side, they said they would send me a refurbished unit which was another 45 day battle because I refused to accept refurbished. If I wanted a refurbished tv I would have not spent 2600.00. I asked for a refund the entire time which they refused to give and my 90 day Costco refund was up before we ever took it out of box. I was screwed.

Sharp was extremely difficult to work with and they do not stand behind the product and see to it that customer is satisfied. Tv still does not work properly and in a couple years when I save enough money up again I will get my husband a better tv for a gift. I saved for 4 years to purchase this one and was so excited for him on Christmas am and what a disappointment. Sharp products of any kind will never be brought and put in our home again. If you are looking to purchase a great 70 in wifi smart tv this is not your tv... Keep moving along!!!

Another one bites the dust! Bought a Sharp Aquos 60 from Sam's Club in Jan 2015. Died Oct. 22, 2016. No picture! No sound! There should be a class action against Sharp Corp. Can't buy parts. Thanks for all the reviews! I am at the part where I was told to send in the receipt. Now I am waiting for the review.

My husband purchased this television in March 2014. We didn't use it until Dec 2015 because we didn't have the space at the time. In August 2016 suddenly a line went through the screen and a bunch of lines appeared. Sound is still great but now there's a black ball in the middle of the screen. Called Sharp and as others said they told us we would have to call a technician. The technician stated it was a bad panel and it would cost about the same or more to repair if Sharp even sold the part. I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANY SHARP PRODUCTS!! Also, it seems that this is happening to us who have purchased an Aquos. THERE SHOULD BE A CLASS ACT LAWSUIT ON SHARP!!! We are out of $1500+ each and it's not fair!!

Purchased a 70 inch Sharp LED in May 2014. 2 1/2 years later the TV is useless... black lines. No one wants to help. Buyers beware... $1700 paperweight. Went to the store with my problem and was told to spend more money on a new tv that would probably place me in the same situation two years from now. 100% dissatisfied. I will never as long as I live buy another product marked "Sharp". Beware of future products from Foxconn parent Hon Hai Precision

So I bought this tv from Best Buy and it looks great and all but it started to malfunction in 6 months but it still work and on the 10 month it just kept turning on and off but unfortunately I did not buy a warranty for Best Buy. So I call Sharp customer support and they get me setup and tell me to sent them proof of purchase which I did and never got back to me and I call a week later and they tell to sent proof of purchase again.

So here I am 10 days later they tell me that a technician will call within 48 hours and nothing. 3 days later the technician calls and tells me that the part which was to arrive to him hasn't arrived. He will no longer wait so Sharp customer service calls me to tell me that by next week a new technician will be available and will call me to make an appointment. Overall they suck in customer service. Their tv break easy. I don't know why Best Buy sells their things. Don't buy their tv. So here I am waiting to see when my tv will finally be fix and if it does it probably will be breaking soon since from time to time the images went all blurry. Now it just keeps turning on and off.

I have brought 32LE341M - LED TV as on 18-08-15. On 3rd September '16 it gone faulty. When I lodged a complaint one technician came to my location and declared SMPS card gone faulty and the cost to replace with new card will be 5500 Rs. He gave me an exchange offer to exchange my faulty card (which he declared faulty) with new card and give 3000 more bucks, and when I asked him to replace the card he take a old SMPS card (1-Jan, 2016 written on card) without any company packing and also clearly showing a used product.

I have chosen Sharp product from all leading products in market like Sony, Samsung etc, but the experience I gone through was really very much disappointing. I feel like cheated as first of all product gone faulty in 1 year and then extremely worst and unreliable service support. I am expecting once again for positive response and genuine solution to my problem from Sharp management to support me so that my faith on product remains the same as on the first day I brought my product.

Thanks to all who validated my experience with my 50 in Sharp flat screen. It is 2 months past 1 yr warranty & did not purchase ext warranty. Good news is it came as bonus with furniture purchase. Screen completely black. Called Best Buy where it came from & told too bad, should have bought warranty, and just buy another TV. Daughter called Sharp; after 1 hr of haggling, told might be backlight. So, found local co for $30 to diagnose & awaiting news. Have bad feeling about this, & will never purchase a Sharp TV. Unfortunately, believe this is just sign of the times, poor workmanship & customer service.

I purchased a Sharp Aquos 4K Ultra HD television set July 16, 2016 from Best Buy. Two months after this purchase, the tv developed lines and a double image. I called the manufacturer (Sharp) and not only were they not helpful but they were completely incompetent. They offered to send someone to fix the television at their convenience and requested that I absorb the costs of dismounting and re mounting the television set. I wish I had read the reviews on Sharp products before making this purchase; it seems like all of the reviews I read cited the same issues after only a few months following purchase. I will count my losses and buy from a reliable brand. Buyer beware.

The sound on this TV was NEVER good. But the picture was sharp; had no problems with that. My dissatisfaction is that this TV didn't even last 2 years! Lasted only 18 months. The screen went black, you could hear it, but could not see it. The other TV in the house (Samsung, we have had for 7 years). How does that happen from a well known and respected company? I've had TV that I've had to donated, just to be able to upgrade. Is it because "it was made in China"? Whatever the reason, and I have now read so many similar review on this same brand of TV: SHARP you are not only losing your great reputation for good TV's, but you are also losing loyal customer. I am now one of them! Stop producing poor quality item!

Sharp Model LC-48LE653U. Sound goes out intermittently. They ran me through a reset for the TV. Sound came back but went out after a few hours. TV is 13 months old. Yes, I know, out of 1 year warranty. I will NEVER buy another Sharp product of any kind. They offered to charge me to have the TV repaired. I spent $428 or the POS and know this is an inherent defect but they would not help. PLEASE do yourself a favor and never buy their products. Won't ever make this mistake again. BTW, they kept me on hold and passed me to three different people to ultimately tell me they would do nothing for me. Customer service is an F. Customer satisfaction is an F!

I purchased a Sharp 70 in flat screen LC70c6600u April of 2015 from Sam's Club. The picture went completely black within 30 days. I called Sharp customer service and after 3 attempts finally got someone that spoke English and I could understand them. After one hour on the phone they said that it should be returned to Sam's Club. I thought that it was unusual that the TV was bad and decided to trade it for a new model. Now the Sharp TV I have has a huge black line about 10in up from the bottom of the screen.

It is out of warranty and Sharp is telling me the screen is bad. Everyone I have talked to is saying it is cheaper to start over. Replacing the screen is $1200 if I can find someone to do it... Sharp's customer help line is NO Help! Buyer Beware!!!! Run to anybody but Sharp. By all the similar posts it is clear they have a factory defective product issue. I may build a blog website "Why Sharp TV's Suck"! I bought it not once but Twice. Boy am I stupid.

About 15 months ago I was on this very site reading reviews on Sharp TVs, and I was that person that thought, "Maybe these folks just got a bad apple in the bunch". Well, I was WRONG! I purchased a Sharp Aquos 65" TV from Best Buy, and 2 nights ago it just stopped working. I called to speak with tech support and got the runaround and was told that I needed to call an outside repair person. I if I just needed a software update off their website, they brushed over it. My TV actually turns on and has a back-light but I cannot enter a factor reset code inside the menu screen as the remote is not being recognized by the TV itself. I was hung up on 2 times, and told the final time, "Look sir, the TV is not working, you need to call someone other than us to see if you can fix it".

Well I spoke to a repair company here, and they REFUSE to work on Sharp products as they are charge a "restocking" fee to send out parts to the repair shop, and they grossly overprice those prices and restocking fees. The repair shop told me it was would probably be better to just get a new unit. PLEASE, if you are reading this and are in the market to purchase a TV, listen to what we are all saying here and DO NOT PURCHASE A SHARP PRODUCT! I was you less than 2 years ago, and now here I am out 1300 dollars and needing to replace my TV. Do yourself a favor and save the headache!!!

This TV offers Bluetooth to connect a keyboard, mouse, or other devices. This does not work. Sharp support tells me they don't guarantee it will work nor know of any keyboard that does work. I've tried many Bluetooth keyboards, with and without a dongle. Sharp has looked at the TV but they can't confirm or deny that the Bluetooth works. (This is after dealing with Sharp support who thought the Bluetooth was just for separate speakers!) This TV also offers the ability to connect another IP device to use as a remote, like your cell phone. I've tried downloading various Sharp remote Apps to my iPhone but none can connect to my TV even after setting the TV to enable a separate remote and using the correct port. Nothing works. Sharp support still can't help.

Bought LC-70TQ15U ~$2000 Nov-2014 and it went bad in Jul-2015, horizontal lines across the TV, out of warranty so Sharp will do nothing. Called a couple of repair shops and they said the panel is bad and it's probably cheaper to just buy a new TV. Will not buy Sharp again.

I bought this tv on 3/21/15 and on the 8/10/16 I noticed a horizontal line 10 inches from the bottom of the screen. I contacted the Sharp company and was told that there is nothing they can do because the warranty was only valid for one year and I should take it to the repair shop. The next day the tv is dead, it will not come on just a white light at the bottom of the screen comes on-- the tv was bought from the FT HAMILTON ARMY BASE.

DO NOT BUY A SHARP TV! After only 18 month I needed a new LCD panel (which they don't make as it costs as much as the TV!) Out of warranty and their service vendor offered to recycle after speaking with their tech dept. Now they will not do anything for me since I don't have the unit to return!!! AGAIN, AFTER THEIR TECH DEPARTMENT STATED THAT IT WAS NOT FIXABLE!!!

Purchased a Sharp 65" LED in Feb 2015. In July 2016 the TV stopped working. All we could see was a washed-out image, barely able to make out anything. Sears repairman said LCD screen was bad and unlikely to be able to repair due to Sharp not producing this part anymore. So called Sharp to report this dx and ask if they would offer recompense, since TV was only 5 months past one-year warranty period. Customer Service was very polite and seemed to want to work with me.

They asked for several pieces of documentation, including proof of purchase, pictures of screen with TV on, picture of model # and serial #. So went to all the trouble to get and send this info, only to have Sharp do nothing more than contact another repair shop, which offered to do another $100.00 diagnostic before recommending repairs. Keeping in mind that Sharp never agreed to pay anything as compensation, I declined and wrote TV off as a total loss/bust. Have since bought a Consumer Reports-recommended LG 65", with a two-year warranty. Better TV, better picture, roughly the same price. Understand Sharp may be going out of business. None too soon.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Sharp is a pioneer in the LCD TV technology and continues to lead the field by making large LCD panels and the AQUOS series.

• Vibrant color detail: Sharp's Quattron technology incorporates 33 percent more sub-pixels than a standard HDTV for a total of eight million sub-pixels; plus, its Aquomotion 480 ensures crystal-clear images even during high-motion scenes.
  • Lots of content: Sharp's Smart TVs are loaded with apps, so you're never far away from your favorite content.
  • Multiple ports: With multiple HDMI inputs, plus a USB connection and an optical audio output, connecting devices is a snap on many of Sharp's models.
  • Wallpaper mode: Even when the TV is turned off, it's beautiful. Turn the TV into a photo frame or a work of art when it is switched off.
  • Built-in audio: Two built-in speakers on the bottom of the sets deliver 20W of simulated surround-sound audio, plus the models are compatible with Sharp's sound bar.
  • Best for Bargain shoppers, home-theater enthusiasts, researchers and movie and TV connoisseurs.

Compare TV Brands