2.05/5

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Quit paying for costly home repairs

500 Sharp TVs Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 18, 2019

Sharp I believe is a far superior brand than others. I have had Sharp TV's for over 30 years. The picture quality is 2nd to none. I finally replaced my old Sharp 32' LCD that I had for 17 years with no problems. I bought a 50" 4k HD smart tv with Roku included. There are other brands that come close to Sharp but are more costly. I'll stick with the brand I know best. SHARP!

Original review: March 17, 2019

Brand must have reliability behind it. Simple interface, room to expand and quality image and sound not just price. We use consumer reports to check for all these things as independent testing is key. You definitely have to steer clear of off brands as from experience they often go out of business leaving you holding the bag.

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 14, 2019

The picture is great. The color of the TV is great. The sound of the TV is wonderful. The TV size fits perfectly on the wall or on a stand. The TV is nice and slim. The base is a sturdy stand. This brand of TV has multiple sizes and a large range of prices. Good brand name. The TV has a lot of function and a lot of different apps. This TV is able to connect to the internet. The TV connect to Netflix, Youtube, Hulu. We love our TV.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I have a 55 in 4k Sharp television at under $200 from Target. It was an excellent value - excellent picture - easy to hook up and overall I am pleased with the production and the output of the picture. Crisp colors and beautiful view. Not too heavy - very light. Easy to install legs. I love it and I'm very happy with my order! This is also my second Sharp television, my other one was a 50-inch 1080p and it too has excellent quality - and it still works! I just upgraded.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I bought my Aquos in 2003 or 5 BEFORE they sold the name rights to Hisense (in 2015). REAL Sharp TVs are great. Sharp even sued Hisense because they did not like what they were doing to their name, according to a story on LiveWire. Google it, you can read it yourself. Whether or not the Hisense ones are crap is another story. But I feel I must stick up for the real Sharp. Their customer service was great and my Aquos is STILL working. It now has a cross on the picture, but you can only see it at night when it blacks out for a commercial and the like. It's probably repairable, but it doesn't bother me enough to call a repairman. It is 15 years old now. I love my Sharp and I will purchase a new one when they re-enter the US market. Don't know what they will be called, but these Sharps that were reviewed are not "real" Sharps.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sharp TVs?

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

I bought a 65" tv from Sharp. 9 months in the panel died. They sent someone out to destroy the TV. It's now been 3 weeks I've been without a tv. They just B.S. you on the phone. Please save yourself a lot of grief. Don't buy Sharp. P.O.S.

Original review: July 14, 2019

Bought the Sharp LC-43P 5000U smart TV, in less than a year I call 4 times concerning the apps. They replaced board once. Now after a year no warranty. The remote doesn’t work, the apps are still the same. It was the biggest, was off by 300 bucks. It took them weeks to get back to me with resolutions to the problem. I finally was about to give up.

Original review: June 29, 2019

Never buy a Sharp TV from Walmart. I bought a sharp TV from Walmart. It's only 7 months old. Walmart will not replace it or give me store credit. They told me to contact Sharp or Allstate. I have contacted both. No one gets back to me. Has been 2 weeks and I have not heard back from them. Have called, left messages, e-mailed them many times. I will never buy a TV from Walmart again or a Sharp tv.

Original review: June 20, 2019

We purchased a Sharp LC50lb370U television in July of 2015 from Best Buy. The sticker on the back of the tv states that it was made in April of 2015. My son came home from college and the tv has sound with no picture. I cannot believe that a Sharp tv was only made to last less than 4 years. I actually have a cheaper brand HD tv (Craig) that has now lasted over 11 years. Is there anything that I can do about this. Less than 4 years for a tv made by a reputable company is not a good thing. That is money down the drain.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I purchased a Sharp 65" 4K TV from Sam's Club in November of 2018. A few months later (March 2019) the TV started to show 2 lines through the middle of the screen. It took 6 weeks to get a replacement (bad panel). Six weeks of emails, multiple phone calls etc. My Replacement TV arrived May 25th 2019, the box came damaged, with no TV stand. The delivery people used the old stand to put on the new TV, concern #1. The next day I decide to remove the tape from the TV and there was a dead pixel on the screen. Concern #2.

Upon emailing the company, another case was opened and I was told 1 dead pixel is no big deal, there's nothing they can do. One dead pixel might not mean much to them but imagine looking at the screen and it looks like there's a bug on screen constantly, when you see that, that's all you focus on. When you spend a lot of money on something you have choices, and when you choose to do business with a company you expect a quality product. My experience has been bad and I will never do business with this company nor recommend any else to.

Sharp TVs expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Sharp is a pioneer in the LCD TV technology and continues to lead the field by making large LCD panels and the AQUOS series.

• Vibrant color detail: Sharp's Quattron technology incorporates 33 percent more sub-pixels than a standard HDTV for a total of eight million sub-pixels; plus, its Aquomotion 480 ensures crystal-clear images even during high-motion scenes.

• Lots of content: Sharp's Smart TVs are loaded with apps, so you're never far away from your favorite content.

• Multiple ports: With multiple HDMI inputs, plus a USB connection and an optical audio output, connecting devices is a snap on many of Sharp's models.

• Wallpaper mode: Even when the TV is turned off, it's beautiful. Turn the TV into a photo frame or a work of art when it is switched off.

• Built-in audio: Two built-in speakers on the bottom of the sets deliver 20W of simulated surround-sound audio, plus the models are compatible with Sharp's sound bar.

• Best for: Bargain shoppers, home-theater enthusiasts, researchers and movie and TV connoisseurs.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs