Sharp TVs

Compare TV Brands

Research top TV Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I now have 2 Sharp tvs and find both to offer crystal clear pictures, good quality sound and reliable performance. Their pricing is very competitive on their quality products. Cost matters!

I love everything about my Sharp TV. I can even call the Sharp company and they will walk me through how to use functions offered on my TV.

I've had it for a several yrs. It's not a Smart TV, but it still has a good pic. My TV was reasonable because it was a Black Friday sale. It's nice, but I would like to upgrade eventually.

It's a decent brand and good for a gaming TV. I purchased this brand for my son to use while playing video games. It is a basic TV. Nothing fancy but just right for what he needs.

I do not feel the TV deserves more than an average rating. While it is not the sharpest picture, nor the best audio, the price I paid for this TV was very low and it is the perfect size for my small apartment. It also has Roku which I love.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sharp TVs?

I have Sharp and Samsung TVs. However Sharp has very nice colors and customer service is very helpful. The appearance is really good and after the years of use I haven't have a single issue. Sharp is one of the oldest and reliable brands in the market. Outstanding service.

With so many choices, we were just hoping to find a reliable one. The Sharp answers all of our needs and the streamlined appearance is favorable. We were given a Sharp as a gift when we needed to replace our newer Sony. It has outlasted our higher priced Samsung and its picture and easy connectivity make it our choice as long as Sharp is offered.

The sharpness of the picture has faded somewhat over the years. When I purchased the Sharp Aquos 2 years ago, the picture was very crisp. It has since lost that sharpness.

Sharp TV is okay but not great and the screen is not sharp. I don't spend a lot of time watching TV everyday, we usually watch TV Sunday evenings. The cost was a factor. The color is not vibrant and the shape of the TV is clunky.

Just out of warranty and now it is completely dead! The tv (Sharp Roku) started malfunctioning within a few months of having it. That is, it would turn off and on unexpectedly, It would freeze, and also, would just "sleep" and never completely turn off. The whole purchase was a bust from the start. So, within two weeks of the warranty going out, THE TV SCREEN GOES OUT! Just out of the blue stops working.

The customer service is terrible with Sharp AND Best Buy. The customer service operator basically told me I was screwed. He said I would have to pay almost 400. To get someone out here for a service call. That's not including the parts. I bought it for 450. And financed it on my Best Buy card. When I bought it from Best Buy the salesman ensured it was a great brand, etc. so why spend the extra 200 on an extended warranty, right? WRONG! IF you are ever dumb enough to purchase one of these poorly made t.v.s do yourself a favor and buy the warranty. I'm writing this review because I wish I would have had a few to read myself, before I listened to the entry-level salesman who just wanted to make a quick 50 dollar commission. :*( So bummed.

I bought this TV 70 inches Aquos 4 years ago, never had any problems at all. Work well, the quality of the screen still very goods and I am very satisfy. The only downside is the exterior finish is not as nice as the others brands, look bulkier also. I had a lot of different brands TV in the past and this one for the price give me good results and it doesn't spy on me. :)

On Feb. 1, 2016 I purchased a Sharp/Roku/Smart TV model #LC50LB371U from Best Buy. 14 months later April 25, 2017 this t.v. went black. No picture of any kind just sound. WHEN I CALLED Sharp they told me to call Best Buy who in turn told me that my warranty just lapsed. Only 14 months old. This is bull, I paid a lot of money for this TV, never again. I think the manufacturer fixes the tv's to last just long enough to cover the warranty period. DO NOT BUY SHARP TV'S. DO NOT BUY FROM BEST BUY. Neither back their products.

I called your customer service number to get directions for adjusting the picture on my 19", Sharp TV to fit the available screen space. When I press the "View Mode" button the word "Stretch" appears in the upper right corner, and it cannot be changed no matter how many times I try. The representative to whom I spoke was curt and condescending in her tone when she spoke to me. None of the suggestions she made worked. Her last suggestion was that I should contact my cable company, which I had already done and they said it was the TV, not the cable. I told her this and she said I could either change cable companies or buy another TV. I assured her it would not be a Sharp.

We purchased a 70" Sharp Aquos in March 2015, registered it April 4, 2015, so it is just past 2 years old. We mounted it on the wall in our finished basement. We used maybe 100-150 times in 2 years. We watched a movie on it earlier in the week, no problems. Five days later, we tried watching another movie, and it was stone dead. No lights, no nothing. I googled for tech support and was really disappointed to find quite a few blog posts, etc describing the same or similar problems. We paid $1300 for the TV and used it very little, and of course it is just out of warranty. We bought it at hhgregg, which is out of business, and I have no illusions that Sharp will give us any satisfaction other than a "screw ya later." Very disappointing, very frustrating. And with the 2-year mark just having elapsed, it almost makes you wonder if they build their products to fail just after that point. Disgusting.

Sharp/Roku LC43LB481U TV - Bought this TV online at Best Buy 02-05-17. In my opinion it is a bunch of junk. I would recommend not buy this TV. Here is why: Right out of the box the screen freezes. It also shuts itself down when it feels like it. Weak stations you get nothing but pixel bars, then if you walk up to it and give it a static shock the picture comes in bright and clear. Now that is really weird. Also the remote control has little to no functions. Picture quality when working is very good. However according to other complaints the TV will be junk in two years. Don't waste your money buying this China junk. Sharp always had good quality, but not now. That is why I purchased it in the first place. Very disappointed.

I purchased a 50" Sharp Roku Smart TV in the fall of 2015 from Best Buy. Yesterday I noticed that the top half of the TV screen was getting darker. Today the TV completely died and now it won't turn on. This TV is just over a year old, not even two and the screen already went out! What kinda craziness is this? Due to this experience, I will never purchase another Sharp product in my life.

When I spent over $4000 on an 80" Sharp TV, I expected it to last. It was two years old when the horizontal lines appeared. (So it was past warranty.) Sharp recommended a repair shop in my city. He said it would need a new "board" that would cost about $2000! (And it was unavailable.) If you "Google" this problem you'll find that it is all too common. It's three years old now, and I've tolerated the lines, but now it gets stuck in 3D mode for some reason and I can't get out. I am going to take great pleasure in destroying this TV once I've bought a new one. I thought I had bought one of the best money could buy... WRONG!

4 month old 4k smart tv 40 some inch. Double image at bottom of screen with horizontal lines. Don't have receipt or original packaging. Sharp customer service says send pictures of screen, screen with menu, screen at different angles. Screen from outer space. Maybe a letter from congressman. Sharp are a bunch of hodads and now I have to listen to my wife complain that I am stupid for buying a Sharp TV. Sharp can stick their products and I hope their wives yap at them. About 500 bucks. Could have been worse. Rip the speakers out before it goes in the garbage. TV was for my disabled son. Now I feel bad so I will buy another TV for him. Never a Sharp. Should it last more than 4 months or am I being unrealistic.

We have 2 Sharp Aquos TVs. They are fabulous, good looking, great color, sound, picture. Both are smart TVs. Only problem is they are smarter than we are. Seriously just a great TV all around. If we ever need another TV this would definitely be the brand we choose. They last a long time, don't quit just as the warranty expires which is the norm with a lot of things. Reliable and great customer service from Sharp.

I purchased an AQUOS Sharp Smart TV in 2013. From the get go I was having problems connecting to WiFi. I bought a booster for my Wifi because the phone people from Sharp said that was the problem. After 6 or 7 calls between my cable carrier and Sharp, they finally sent a repair person out. Lo and behold this was the motherboard. Thankfully the T.V. was still under warranty and Sharp installed a new motherboard. About 6 months later green lines would come on certain channels, and then the T.V. would take forever to warm up and turn off. Finally, the screen was black. Don't waste your money. P.S. the attached T.V. remote was difficult to operate.

We have three SHARP TVs. Two have been great! The newest one, not so much. Our newest TV is a 55" smart TV. The TV kept going off and on, not being able to do anything. I contacted SHARP for technical help and they never responded.

I purchased a brand new Liquid Crystal Smart TV from Sam's club in September 2015 ($800) along with the SquareTrade warranty plan ($100). After 1 year with the TV the sound went out which made the TV unwatchable. I called SquareTrade to fix my broken TV and after 2 weeks they brought a technician to come "fix" it. When the technician was done, the sound was working again. Now it is 3 months later and the sound went out AGAIN. I called SquareTrade to buy a new part (one that will actually work) and get a technician to fix my TV correctly. However they claim that all of the limited liability on my TV was used during the last repair. ALL $800 was used on new part that didn't even work and a technician. So now they tell me too bad and I'm out of luck. WHAT A RIPOFF. Terrible TV, terrible "protection plan"

SHARP LC-70LE660U 70-inch LCD TV - Just like others who have written reviews on Sharp LCD TVs, I'm highly disappointed in my purchase. The TV is less than 2 years old and is already broken. I'm not sure how SHARP can live with selling products costing well over $1k that have a life expectancy of less than 2 years. At this point the TV turns on but endlessly loops through the "Sharp" screen. I've tried all the known methods of doing resets to no avail. I've started the process of contacting customer support but do not expect a positive outcome based on the experience of other consumers. Do yourself a favor and run away from Sharp TVs! On a side note if there is a class action lawsuit I'd be happy to join.

BRAND NEW SHARP DIES IN ONE YEAR - TOTAL COST $232.08 per month to own a piece of crap. Great picture if you can afford to replace it every year! I'll make this short and to the point. June 2013 purchased a brand new 70" Sharp Aquos LCD Television. June 2014 brown spot center of screen. TV had never been moved. Sharp replaced the TV with a USED ONE. I had to pay $185.00 for shipping. The replacement 70" TV's wireless connection never has worked, neither did any of the USB inputs NONE! So I am connected Via Ethernet, Coax and RCA Connections.

One year later June 2014 screen goes out. I called Sharp and was told that the replacement TV warranty WAS only good for thirty days PLUS if it was covered another $185.00 for shipping again. I had to replace the power board and did this myself for $30.00 to get the screen working again. My Mom has had a Panasonic for ten years with NO problems AT ALL. TOTAL COST PER MONTH FOR ONE YEAR OWNING A SHARP TV Purchase, Taxes, Repairs - $232.08 per month for one year of TV! Sharp? No thanks!

Bought a Sharp Aquos TV two years ago, thought I'd try Sharp since the picture was great and the price was right. Two years later, last month, two large black spots appeared on the screen, the size of grapefruits. I called customer support and was told that pixels have burned out and since it is out of warranty, too bad. Since I can't afford a new one, I'm stuck watching television with two large black spots in the middle of the screen. That's my last purchase of any Sharp product and I'll be telling everyone I know about Sharp's lack of quality and customer care. Lesson learned but the company's total lack of concern and "that's the way it is" attitude did surprise me somewhat, thought they were better than that.

Purchased LC-50UB30U in August 2015. Sept 2016 TV picture goes out. Still have sound. Contacted Sharp. Known issue, they said. Late Oct 2016 I received a "refurbished" TV as they said this is cheaper than fixing. Feb 2017 this TV loses picture. Contact Sharp again. Since I am 2 weeks outside the 3-month warranty on refurbished TV, they will not replace or fix. It is up to me to get repaired. For a known issue, they will not stand behind the TV and getting it fixed. Customer service supervisor David, said there is nothing he can do. Very disappointing in SHARP.

Hi there cautious customers. I purchased a $10,000+ SHARP AQUOS 5 years ago. I have owned several sharp LCD televisions but this will be the last one and here's why. My TV began having blurred spots, almost black blob like areas in 2 spots that are very noticeable. I contacted sharp and this was the beginning of a 5-month correspondence. They suggested troubleshooting and after several attempts from on phone support they suggested I pay to have the TV serviced by their preferred area contacts in Ottawa HAGOPIAN. After 1 visit that lasted 2 minutes and $70 to tell me it was not repairable, I was not happy.

I reached out to SHARP again, after stating my case they asked if I had the original receipt. I told them that I didn't because I bought the TV some time ago however I have moved around several times since the purchase and this was noted and even the receptionist agreed that most people don't keep receipts that long. She took my info and had someone contact me for more info. After 2 days someone did get back to me and began the process to assist me. SHARP requested pictures of the TV, issues, MODEL #, and serial #. I sent over all the documents I had and while searching through online forums became aware of a class action lawsuit for this exact problem and model number. I was blown away to read all this.

I received a call back a few days and the representative had translated to me that I was going to be transferred from the USA department and transferred to the Canadian office and that I can expect compensation of some sort. I asked her to make it clear again, I was expecting to get a refund or replacement and she confirmed and agreed that $10,000 is a lot of money to go down the drain.

A few days later I had received a call and they left a message directing me to send info I had already sent. I again sent everything I had on the TV and they contacted HAGOPIAN to receive the diagnostic on the panel. They reached out again and asked for receipts, I let them know that I no longer had a receipt and my original store closed. I know it's totally not a good thing, but that's the marketplace today and how convenient for them to view all my documents and base a decision on this.

My TV is part of a class action lawsuits for shady workmanship, I took their recommendations to have my TV troubleshot and evaluated by technicians at my expense, multiple interactions with the reps when they know damn well I had no receipt, police records show it's not stolen, the serial # is their TV and make and after all these reasons they still make a trivial decision on the outcome of my case based on the fact I don't have a receipt when they know damn well most people wouldn't keep a receipt this long. How convenient for them right, they are absolutely the worst crooks in the business. How is it fair, I'm out of pocket and they don't even want to help. How can they be so inconsiderate to customers, I tell you this is the worst customer service I have ever received.

Purchased a Sharp Aquos LCD TV. Within 6 months, TV has the green lines and screaming audio then cycles on and off continuously for days at a time! Sharp say TV out of warranty although this problem is a major issue with all their TVs! Call the repair center where the repair is the cost of a new TV--so out to the curb - would have been easier to throw the $1000 bucks at the curb! So sad and undoubtedly no liability on Sharp's part...

I purchased a 50" Sharp Roku TV and less than a month after we hooked it up dark blemishes started to appear all over the TV. I thought it was dirty at first but after reviewing all of the other posts about how awful Sharp TVs are, I guess I'll just have to live with a defective product until I can afford a new TV. For anyone considering buying a Sharp Roku TV. Do not buy it. Go with Toshiba or something.

Bought a 65" Sharp TV in November 2016. It now has a green line running down the middle of it (2 months later). I call Sharp and they transfer me to another department. The guy is helpful but all the info he told me was completely not what he emailed me. First, he told me that he set up service for it. But what he set up was that I have to ship the TV back to their depot center for repair. He never told me that on the phone. And I have to ship it back at my expense... Shipping and all the shipping materials. He told me that in order to move forward with the case, I'd have to provide pictures of the TV but there's no way for me to provide them with the pictures because the email address listed says to call an 888 number because no one actually watches that mailbox.

The return address is: Hisense USA, Attn: Data Processing, 7310 McGinnis Ferry Rd, Suwanee, GA 30024. If the TV is damaged in transit, then it voids the warranty. This was my first Sharp purchase after buying multiple Samsung TVs and never having a problem. I've learned my lesson and will never buy Sharp again.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Sharp is a pioneer in the LCD TV technology and continues to lead the field by making large LCD panels and the AQUOS series.

• Vibrant color detail: Sharp's Quattron technology incorporates 33 percent more sub-pixels than a standard HDTV for a total of eight million sub-pixels; plus, its Aquomotion 480 ensures crystal-clear images even during high-motion scenes.
  • Lots of content: Sharp's Smart TVs are loaded with apps, so you're never far away from your favorite content.
  • Multiple ports: With multiple HDMI inputs, plus a USB connection and an optical audio output, connecting devices is a snap on many of Sharp's models.
  • Wallpaper mode: Even when the TV is turned off, it's beautiful. Turn the TV into a photo frame or a work of art when it is switched off.
  • Built-in audio: Two built-in speakers on the bottom of the sets deliver 20W of simulated surround-sound audio, plus the models are compatible with Sharp's sound bar.
  • Best for Bargain shoppers, home-theater enthusiasts, researchers and movie and TV connoisseurs.

Compare TV Brands