2.11/5
Based on 534 reviews that contain star ratings

1136 Panasonic TV Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 6, 2019

I bought a 55" OLED, 4K Ultra HD TV 3 months ago and suddenly it stopped working. It seems that something wrong with its the board and OLED screen. I contacted the authorized service center by Panasonic, they came and sent the report to Panasonic. It has been 2 weeks that no one responds to me. I expect a better quality of TV and at least customer service from Panasonic.

Original review: March 31, 2019

Don't buy a Panasonic Smart TV. Seems Panasonic only supports their Smart TV Apps for 3 or 4 years then you need to buy a Roku if you want to stream video or look something up using the browser on the TV. Because their apps don't work because they've outdated and there's no updates available. I'll not purchase another Panasonic product.

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I absolutely love my Panasonic Plasma TV. This is the second one I have owned (first one I left in Florida when I moved to Alabama). I was lucky to get the Plasma, as I understand they no longer make them. I have never had any problems with either of my TV's and have had both for over 12 years.

Original review: March 17, 2019

Good buy, lived up to expectations. Why don’t we see more. Hard to find in the market place. Need easier hook up for cable company boxes. The remote is well marked and easy to see in low light. Some of the features are unclear and only related to use with other Panasonic products.

Original review: March 16, 2019

I've had Panasonic televisions over the past 20 years, they're always reliable, and the picture is always great. My last purchase must have been on the lower end of Panasonic TVs; yes, the price was low, but the features aren't many. Overall, this TV does the job I wanted.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Panasonic?

Original review: March 15, 2019

Very good picture, easy to use, great support to help technically. Also can sync my Bose headphones for sound, easy to use controls and the best part-- it was free. Great video quality and excellent for watching movies and TV shows. Can also play DVD's and videos too.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I have had this TV for over 10 years with no problems. We paid close to $1000. Worth every penny! This same size TV is much cheaper now but we will most likely stick with this brand. Great picture and sound!

Original review: March 10, 2019

Model no. NN-CT36HB. Worst experience to get your product home. I can’t use your product from last 25 days and yet your company can’t replace or compensate me with a higher version of the product. I regret getting your product home. I called up customer care so many times but they were like, "We don’t have the part or the model." So first of all I think you should not sell the product if you don’t have the capability to satisfy your customers. So I think that’s your problem & you should compensate and give me a higher version or else pay my money back with interest and take a better decision rather than just fooling your customers.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I currently own a Panasonic Plasma TVs, excellent for sports and a Panasonic LCD television. Both very fine televisions, no problems, a very good to great picture. I wish they didn't get out of that business.

Original review: March 7, 2019

My 10-year-old Panasonic is a plasma TV, plasma TV's on average last about 4 times longer than LED or OLED TV's! The picture quality is stunning though modern OLED is probably better in that regards but reliability is low on those. I wish the TV industry would come back with plasma. They were a very good idea that would have been improved upon as the years went by just as they did with LED, and had they done that plasma would have continued to be a better picture over LED and even OLED.

Original review: March 6, 2019

We've had it a while and it's a great tv except one of the speakers is blown. It garbles explosions. The picture is clear. It's a 55 inch. We got a good price on it. So I’m satisfied. We don't get a new tv until it breaks.

Original review: March 5, 2019

When I bought it, it was top rated by CR, but I wish I investigated further, because it had a fatal flaw that all Panasonic TVs had. They stopped make TVs completely soon after. I have learned to not trust CR's ratings without investigating further.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I bought a Panasonic Viera plasma a few years ago. The quality has been outstanding and the image is great. I have often thought of upgrading but I am hesitant to switch because I am happy with my current TV.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Purchased a Panasonic TV 5 years ago. Clear picture and wonderful clarity. Definitely a great TV. I went from a huge console vintage TV so at 1st it was an amazing change. Then I bought a newer one for another room and the quality, clarity and ease of operation was just as good so I recommend it. I will be going to a bigger screen size next and hope it is just as good.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Warranty Panasonic SquareTrade coverage electronic failure on the Panasonic 4K TV. I Was informed that Panasonic.com has no information about that warranty. A SquareTrade Plan was sent through the Panasonic website. Panasonic says they know nothing about that. Warranty starts: June 2016 for 4 years. Paid: $80.00 for the 48 months. SquareTrade refunded my coverage money but, now I'm stuck with a junk TV.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

My tv had a video problem, I complaint to Panasonic (my request no. **). The service person came from nearest showroom. I thought they will sent from Panasonic but they sent local service person who’s not belonging to Panasonic. That person told me that, we need to change the backlight and if problem in panel that also we will change for that they estimated including service charges around 4000 rupees. I said them, "Ok you can take my tv for service." Thus they took my tv on last Tuesday and return on Thursday(11-10-2018) but they not rectified my tv problem as they committed. I asked them clear details why you couldn’t rectified. They told me that the parts are not available. But they charged estimated amount without proper justification.

This is first time I experienced worst service from one well known company. If they openly said to me, they can’t rectify the problem. I would have buy a new tv. But they didn’t tell that. I asked clear justification for that bill amount. What they did? Why they charged that much? They didn’t tell proper answer. I trusted Panasonic. But as per their brand logo, not a idea for life. It’s idea to misuse the customers. I did asked them to do third party’s service but they did without my consent. They cheated me. Please guys don’t go with Panasonic... Better you buy other brand, because their service will be dishonest.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I have relocated my home to new place and I have all the equipments just for visit and putting 4 holes they need 1500 RS for this. What the big work is there in that to take that much money and manager also talking in same manner. I suggest all to NOT Purchase Panasonic products. Very worst experience while talking with their agents too and they are so rude. They don't need customer satisfaction. Only they need money.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I bought a LED TV of Panasonic last year. I had just left 7 days of warranty which was only year warranty. Its sound has been lost suddenly, I called customer care they told me that warranty has been finished and you have to pay 300 visit charges, parts exchange charges will be extra. Technician came at my home and he is asking 3000 rs. And told us that motherboard has destroyed. We have to change the same. But he DID not change any part and took full amount of 3000/-. But after 3 to 4 days my LEDs sound again lost and now technician is not responding to us. Panasonic products are very bad quality and their technical team also very fraud and cheater. I bought Panasonic first time and it was my very bad experience. I will never purchase any product of Panasonic in future also their warranty period is very less.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

Sir this is to inform you that I am not at all happy with the service & product of Panasonic. Sir I have purchased a Panasonic 49" LED TV 49CS580 on 29th Jan 2016. Even before completing one year from the date of purchase a thin line appeared on screen in the month of November 2016. So as the product was in warranty so panel replacement given. But now again on 31st August 2018 automatically picture gone & only audio is there. No picture. Only sound is coming. So on 1st September 2018 I given a complaint. (Complaint ID:**).

So on same day Panasonic technician visited and after checking he said panel has to be replaced. I said OK as at the time of purchase it has been assured to me that there is 3 years warranty applicable to my product from the date of purchase. But on the same day Mr. ** from Panasonic service center called up me over phone & said that the product is not under warranty anymore & I have to pay 42000/- Rupees for panel replacement.

Sir at the time of complaint log in ie on 1st September 2018 even customer care executive also said me that there is total 3 years warranty is there on my product ie 1 year full warranty & other 2 years will be only panel warranty. He said he checked in system & confirmed. But now Panasonic ** is telling that there is only one year warranty. I am feeling that I have been cheated by Panasonic. I always refer my friends, Relatives & customers to buy Panasonic for it's good service. But I never even imagined that I have to suffer like this. I thought Panasonic is a very good brand & good product but it seems I was wrong because only within one year panel gone & again within 15 months again panel problem.

I might have purchased Sony or Samsung or LG. I will never refer anyone now to buy Panasonic. I really hurted a lot. It's a very big loss for me. If my problem not solved I will go further to higher authorities & also escalate this to prime minister of India that how Panasonic brand is fooling to poor people in India. Sir I belong to a very poor family. My salary is only Rs.15000/-. I stay in a rented home. Sir I purchased LED TV in finance. Sir how could I pay Rs.42000 for panel replacement. Sir it's my humble request to you that please look into this & give approval for panel replacement as it is still in warranty. Sir please help me.

Thanks & Regards.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Poor quality. We have bought the Panasonic 42 inch LED television. Service center person had checked and told the issue is with the motherboard and need to replace it which would cost 5500. Still we trusted and given it for repair. But again in few days it has display has gone. Now they have ask for more 500 rs although it was in warranty period. It's been 3 months Mr. Sonu ** is not picking the call and denying to come at my place. Please look forward for the issue.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I am not satisfied with your product. Very bad. Poor quality. We have bought the Panasonic 42 inch LED television in 2016. It is less than 3 year but there are so many problems in display like LED portal stopped working, display gets automatically off and on. Few applications stopped working like multimedia... etc. Service center person had checked and told the issue is with the motherboard and need to replace it which would cost 12000+. Extremely dissatisfied with the quality, never expected that a TV from a brand like Panasonic would not last for at least 3 years. As my earlier LCD from of other company has been working for more than 16 years without problems. Not worth for money.

Original review: July 23, 2018

Panasonic is a quality brand and the fact that my TV is older than what the average person would want, it still works, so I have a hard time throwing it away. It is not a flat screen but the picture quality is still good.

Original review: July 2, 2018

Panasonic is an excellent brand but it's a bit outdated. They need to improve their appearance and systems because I'm not even thinking of purchasing another one. Sony is actually my next choice because of how sleek their design is and the advanced features. If you're not too bothered about the fancy stuff then it should be ok for you.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I have had this TV for a number of years. I believe this brand is no longer available however. This TV has performed very well. Any trouble with it has been a result of my not setting it properly. Picture, color and sound are good. It is a perfect size if you don't need a monstrous size for a large apartment.

Original review: May 15, 2018

Zero support, unless you put cash up front. Stand behind the crap you sell, or, don't sell it, simple. Better yet, sell something you know will continue to work then you need not answer the complaints, I think you enjoy collecting cash upfront on product that was never worth what you originally collected selling it. Will never buy anything with your name on it again. More than disappointed... Extremely pissed.

Original review: May 3, 2018

Panasonic service is below zero. Never called me. Always me having to call them. With weeks of waiting to see if my five month old tv was under warranty. I was told it’s not. Was watching a lot of tv as I was sick and heard a pop and the screen had a spider crack on the top on the screen. If I didn’t see it myself I wouldn’t believe it! I was honest with them and looked online to find so many people like myself with similar stories. It’s called thermal cracking. Was told by Panasonic that does not happen ever. Asked repair guys and they all said the same thing. They would never give warranty on screens ever. So very disappointed. Although staff was polite you felt belittled and horrible for even calling!! I mean how dare I want something to last longer than five months. They did offer me a discount on my next tv... more than I paid for the first one!! Total joke!

Original review: April 26, 2018

I had a Pansonic TV for 6 years. Great picture. Panasonic builds a better tv. Construction is solid and quality is high. User interface is well thought out and reliable compared to other brands. Also the TV works better than other brands I have used. Would no longer consider another brand of tv.

Original review: April 24, 2018

Always loved Panasonic products and it was on sale at Best Buy. This is one of the last plasma TVs on the market and I have no complaints about it. Picture quality is excellent, and can be tweaked for a number of settings. It has many input/output jacks including HDMI, USB and standard RCA jacks which work well with my surround-sound system. 60-inch screen makes my living room look like a movie theater. Also has SD card slot for use as a huge picture viewer. Plus, it was priced at only $600.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I own two Panasonic plasma TV's (for more than 9 years now), which I don't think are even being made anymore. The quality of the picture and sound have not changed in any way, and I have moved them at least 8 times since I've owned them. The TV's are built well, perform well and overall, are a great investment due to their longevity.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I purchased this 50" plasma TV in 2006. I purchased the unit thru Circuit City and they had a service that included professional installation. I chose Panasonic as it had the highest quality standards ratings. I've never been disappointed in the outcome of that brand decision.

Panasonic expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1918, Panasonic is one of Japan's largest electronics producers. Its lineup of Viera-branded LED LCD TVs includes Ultra HD sets that range in size from 55 to 85 inches.

• Studio Master Drive: A type of booster for 4K TVs, this technology produces even more vivid picture details and richer, more natural colors during darker scenes.

• LED backlight: An advanced design, LED backlighting produces a wider color range on TV screens.

• Intuitive design: The smart home screen is designed to adapt to you and give you just the content and apps you want; plus, you can use your remote by speaking into it.

• XUMO Discovery: Content is recommended to you based on what you've previously watched through Amazon, Netflix and other apps.

• Separate processing: The Quad Core Pro engine separates the smart TV processing from the picture processing, so content streams smoother and pictures are crisper.

• Best for: Movie and TV connoisseurs.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs