Panasonic TV

Compare TV Brands

Research top TV Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I had purchased a 32 inch LED T.V. in 2014 and within 2 years its display panel goes to damage so now it became to a "Dabba". I have also completed to Panasonic but they demand 14510 Rs for changing this because its warranty period has been completed. I know without warranty you did not replace it but this is not my fault so you have to accept it's a manufacturing defect and your LED tv quality is very poor that not work more than 2 years.

I purchased a Panasonic L40B6D from Vasanth and co in West Tambaram. At the time of purchase I was assured for a 3 year warranty. Now my TV is 1.7 yrs old had a flickering problem on the display. On complaining the service person confirms this TV is not under warranty and when I asked the Vasanth and co manager without any seriousness says this could be a mistake from the new guy, and he was asking show him the guy so that he will sack him from job which could not be a solution to my problem at all. Poor quality products from Panasonic and very poor support from Dealer Vasanth and co. Do not buy anything from Vasanth and co. Buy from Croma even if the product is Rs.500 higher. Also they have better service support for their customers. I myself have come across their excellent support to me on a purchase of Toshiba TV 3 years back.

Ok. My AV guy recommended buying a new Panasonic 55" Plasma TV P55ST30. So I bought it and it worked ok until two of the hdmi ports failed, so I had to move it from the game room to the living room. About a year later, today, we come home and the TV doesn't work. The red light is blinking and I researched the problem only to find out this is potentially a Class Action issue with all Panasonic TV's. So now, after ONLY 5 years, I have a 55" paper weight while my Sony, the FIRST FLAT SCREEN I EVER PURCHASED 10 years ago is working like a champ. DON'T BUY PANASONIC EVER. PIECE OF CRAP.

I bought a Panasonic TV about 1 and half year ago and the screen went off just the sound was coming so I called up Panasonic people and when they checked my TV they asked for Rs. 15000 /-. I asked them the TV is not even 2 years old. "NO WARRANTY NO GUARANTEE after 6 months" - these were their words. DO NOT buy a PANASONIC TV or any OTHER product.

I had purchased the Panasonic LED TV(TH42CS510D) on 11/10/2015 from Pune. But after one year there are the problems related with the screen. Whenever the TV is ON & screen is black, there are some white patches on the TV. While the TV is ON, there is one small black spot on the upper side of the screen. But when I called the customer care, instead of enquiring about the problem in detail, they simply told that there may be the internal problem & we have to inspect it. But the charges for one time visit are Rs. 1200 + Taxes (Approx. Rs.1500). These charges are on quite higher side for the one time visit & also there should not be the problem in TV immediately after the one year. This is not at all expected from the reputed company such as Panasonic.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Panasonic?

I have purchased a 40" tv full hd, but within 6 month that tv have some and I complaint and they came and told me need to change complete panel and after three month they changed the panel after calling hundred time to customer care. After two month again same issue occur. I don't know what need do this time. I called them and they will verify. It's a very bad bad experience with Panasonic.

I have purchased LED TV of above specifications on 15th August 2014. Then after in March 2016 there was problem that the video display was not seen and only the audio is present in tv. I spent 6500 to repair it. Then it will became ok. But again the same problem occurred in July 2016. Now the power supply board is needed and its price is approximately 8000. Still there is no any guarantee or warranty that how much time the tv shall be run ok. In short during 2 years period of tv, the repairing cost is 15000. And I have purchased it in 47000. So I spent 62000 on this 40 inch tv. Very, very bad performance. This is what a technology? How can people trust on this. Very bad, very sad.

I filed a claim with the warranty department for my television before my year allotted. The representative advised me to email a copy of my proof of purchase, which was my receipt from where I purchased the television. I was advised that I would be contacted back, once the receipt was received. I never heard back from the company, and every time I called, I was hung up on. I emailed the receipt 2 times, which Panasonic is stating they only received it once after my warranty had expired. No one had ever called me, even after sending the proof of purchase a second time. I was blatantly ignored with my request to have my television repaired.

After a month and a half of being unsuccessful in reaching a live person in the correct department, a Panasonic representative told me that even though my t.v was out of the warranty (by 2 months) they would still fix it, given that I had filed while it was still covered. After contacting the provided repair specialist, they informed me Panasonic has not contacted them. After trying for a few days and being unsuccessful at reaching a supervisor, I was finally able to speak with someone claiming to be a supervisor. After a lengthy conversation, he informed me that they will not repair or even look at my television since it was now out of warranty, even though the claim was filed within the time frame, and it was their fault they did not follow protocol and follow up with me as previously stated.

DO NOT PURCHASE THIS TV!!! After reading a USA Today article and doing some research I purchased this TV. Once I took it out of the package and ready to go, I pushed the power button and NOTHING. I did everything tech support told me to do. Finally, a repairman over the phone said it perhaps was dropped by FedEx or Walmart. Fluke. Whatever. I returned it and purchased it again. THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED TO THE SECOND TV. This time I had it express shipped directly to my house. It comes in a huge, heavily padded box labeled FRAGILE. Now it's a huge eye sore in my living room and I have to go to the trouble of returning it AGAIN.

Both Walmart.com and Panasonic tech support were awful. When I live chatted with Panasonic he gave me a case number and said someone would contact me in 24-48 hours and I've heard nothing. Also, don't purchase the extended warranty. Turns out it's 2 hours away and the repair guy they outsource to doesn't even come to Cincinnati so it's worthless to buy unless you want to take this huge TV to them. JOKE. I will NEVER buy Panasonic ever again.

I purchased a Lumix DMC-ZS40 camera (one-year warranty) mid-August 2015 and registered it. I called on June 2, 2016 because the battery isn't charging. Then I was told about the rules being changed around Dec 2015, about which I wasn't notified. I was then told I'd have to email the sales receipt, which I did. I called again on June 3rd, only to be told that Ebay and the Ebay seller aren't authorized sellers, so they can't help me. Panasonic apparently doesn't even follow "grandfather clauses," meaning if you purchase something before there's a rule, the new rules do NOT apply. I'm a long time purchaser of Panasonic products, and I've been shopping around for an HD camcorder and a phone set. But now I'm extremely reluctant to buy from Panasonic.

I purchased a 50" Panasonic plasma TV in June 2013, model TC-P50ST60. This week the TV died - no picture or audio, just a repetitive red right flashing at the bottom of the set - flashes 7 times then off a few seconds, and this repeats itself. I looked in the owner's manual for troubleshooting, and this section is a joke. It is actually the FAQ, but it does provide the question "Why is the screen blank with the power indicator blink?" The answer is the TV has gone into shutdown mode to protect itself, and try unplugging for a few minutes.

I did that and still no audio or video. So I called the toll free number (twice) and both times spoke to an outsourced call center who had no other solutions other than call the authorized repair center in my area. I called one of the two in my area, and the gentlemen who answered was the owner and he told me he no longer repaired Panasonics because it became too difficult to get parts, and he retiring. I asked him about the other repair center and he said they closed their doors the day before. So I again called the Panasonic toll free number (again an outsourced person took my call) and told me the next closest repair center was at least 60 miles away.

I live in a fairly large metropolitan area (population >1 million), and there are only 2 authorized repair centers, and both no longer are in business or do not repair Panasonic TVs??? So I sent an email to Panasonic asking what other choices I have regarding repairs, and the response I received back from the Panasonic Customer Care Team was the standard cookie-cutter reply that I would be contacted in 24-48 hours. Well, that was 72 hours ago and no response. Very poor quality and support all around. I would have rated this NO stars but I could not continue without at least one star.

Just a follow-up on my post submitted on Feb 3, 2012 concerning the Panasonic Plasma TV (th42pz80u) in which the power supply failed 3 years after purchase. After extensive complaints to the warranty company, and realizing after several months that the part was unavailable, I almost gave up. Although I was finally reimbursed with half the cost of the purchase, I was able to locate, online, a refurbished board for about 60.00. I installed it and the set is working perfectly to this day!

I have a 50" Panasonic LED (LCD with LED backlight) model TC-L50ET60. I have owned it for about 3 yrs. It is a very good TV with a very good picture. If there is anything bad I could say about it, it is the fact that, just like all other brands of TVs, it doesn't have connections on the back for my older equipment. It has one set of RCA jacks. When I bought the TV, I found that all manufacturers are doing this, making my other older equipment useless since they aren't always connected.

One of my pieces of equipment is a Panasonic DVD recorder (no longer available in the U.S. thanks to the U.S. entertainment industry). I can plug it into the RCA jacks, or I can plug my TiVo DVR into the RCA jacks (my TiVo has HDMI, but I lost the HDMI connection during a lightning storm) but not both, so I can't record programs from my TiVo to the recorder (which isn't HD). Otherwise, I am a big fan of Panasonic. I find most of their products to be well made and long lasting. I also have a Panasonic 50" plasma TV (10 years old), the Panasonic DVD recorder (15 yrs old), and a Panasonic camcorder (15 yrs old, and I have put it through hell and back from tropical rainstorms in Costa Rica to Death Valley). They continue to run flawlessly.

60" Panasonic Viera Plasma High Def 1080 internet ready movie applications. This TV is three years old, has not lost any picture quality. The surround sound speakers are very good with realistic sounds. I dogs loves watching this TV lol.

At the time when I purchased our Panasonic TV, I was really leaning towards a plasma over LCD. The TV is in the Viera series, so it has a stereo system to complement it. The stereo system is almost a must as the built-in speakers are not that great. The picture quality is great and it has 3 hdmi ports, but the 3rd one is located in the front. Not very elegant having the door panel open and a cable sticking out front. The only thing I don't care for of the plasma is the highly reflective screen. Most of the time it is not a problem, but takes some getting use to and room planning.

We have been very pleased. It has been very good when the program is in high definition. It is a 50 inch Panasonic Plasma HDTV. What more can one say about a TV?

Was purchased in 2012 and moved three times in two states. The original packaging served well during the moves. Hope to keep our TV for many more years.

I don't think this will be much help to most consumers as I purchased the Panasonic tube television over 10 years ago. It is still going strong (even with 24 hour use at times) with really good sound and very clear picture. I figure it will give me (or someone else) many more years of wonderful service which is refreshing in this time of discarding perfectly good items (for the 'latest') and planned obsolescence!

It has everything I want in a tv. Now I want it in a 4k and a bigger size. Panasonic him is the number one television in my home. I like the color and the fact that it has an sd card reader.

After purchasing the Panasonic Plasma H.D. TV (Model TC-P58S1) the setup was difficult owing to its size. It is heavy and bulky but has performed admirably as our main TV & we'd definitely purchase another one as this one has been reliable & the performance is exceptional.

Although a bit heavy compared to the LCD's out there, my Panasonic has worked well these several years. This is a plasma Television which accounts for the weight. But the blacks are excellent which is why I switched. This really helps with the high-definition programming that I watch.

I could not be more delighted with my Panasonic Vierra 50" Plasma television. It is a shame the industry has denied consumers Plasma TV since they are superior to LCD and LED technology. But profit margins are greater with the LCD or LED so manufacturers have forced them on us. (One reason is the Plasma requires a more costly glass screen compared to the plastic screens of the LCD and LED). The industry has marketed them as the next latest and greatest when in fact they aren't. If you come across a new old stock Plasma (Panasonic, LG, and Samsung make the best but I prefer the Panasonic) buy it!

On Feb. 26, 2015 I purchased a Panasonic tv for my grandchildren's bedroom so they could watch tv when they were over, which is not often. The tv has a max of 10 hrs on time. When I turned the tv on the power light just blinks. I call customer service to try to get the tv repaired or replaced, this was 4 weeks. The repair people I was referred to by Panasonic were very incompetent. The customer service people were not only very rude but did not know what the process was for repair. The worst service I have ever experienced. I will never purchase another Panasonic product and I recommend to everyone else to find a more reliable brand. I am still trying to get my tv back. Week 5 of the process.

I have a 50 inch Panasonic plasma. It hands down has been the best T.V. that I have ever owned. It is about 6 years old and still works just like the day it was new. I would like to have a 4K Ultra but as long as my Panasonic plasma plays as good as it does it looks like it will be a while before I get that 4K. I hope Panasonic has a 4K. Lol.

We've had this television for at least 4 years, the quality of the sound and color is great. We would highly recommend this to anyone but please note that this is from our personal experience. We've have other Panasonic products and still very satisfied.

I am a avid TV watcher and have been using this TV for years with no problems. I like the picture quality but of course it is an older model without all the high tech they have now. It is HD and a plasma.

Panasonic TH-50PX80U Best television I've ever had. Resolution is beautiful, screen size is perfect and hook up and set-up was very easy. It is a plasma screen, however I highly recommend it.

Panasonic 50" Plasma was supposed to be the "Gold Standard". Turns out it was a piece of CRAP! After investigating RELIABILITY in CONSUMER REPORTS and then spending >$800 mine died - TWICE within 13 months... Of course the SECOND crap-out was OUT of WARRANTY... So I was SCREWED!!! I called Panasonic to see if they would have any sympathy. But PANASONIC just said ** "U" "Buddy"... YOU ARE SCREWED!!!

Panasonic 65 inch color TV has great clarity/color and haven't had any problems with it. TV has many options that you can customize to your liking. Would recommend highly.

I have a Panasonic V10N plasma TV. IMHO Plasma is better than the LCDs because they have more natural picture and color. Other brands like Samsung have several quality issues and poor image compared with Panasonic.

Compare TV Brands