3.50/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Panasonic TV

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 1, 2017

1093 Panasonic TV Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

Repair regarding Panasonic LED TV - On the subject cited above, I would like to bring to your notice that the above-mentioned LED TV 42 size was purchased by me from Dreams Electronics, Sector No.11, Gandhi Nagar, Gujarat vide Invoice No.** dated 5th September 2016, Model No. PANASONIC LED-TH-40A400DX, SR. NO.14RDJ00915 for a sum of Rs.37,000 (Rupees Thirty Seven Thousand) only which inclusive of all taxes. The said TV was installed in my residence on 08/09/2016 at **. However just one year of completion, the LED TV has become repair on 11/09/17 and the same was got repair through company Technician on 14/09/17 from the Authorized Service Centre for Panasonic Private Ltd., DRB Agencies and paid a sum of Rs.3,000/- for the repair of TV by replacing A-Board.

In this regard, I already lodge a complaint/booked in your esteem company on 12/09/17. But, no reply has been received by me from your office in response to complaint email dated 12/09/17. Again the LED TV has not been functioning properly in my residence and the same problem is persist again. Thus within span of 13 months, the said TV has became repair twice. Due to continuous problem, I am not in a position to make repair again and again by spending huge amount. Therefore, considering the problem in TV, you are requested to take needy action immediately to change the above TV and a new one may be installed in place of the above LED TV for smooth running as it will beneficial to the customer. In case, if you are failed to do so, I inclined to proceed to Customer Court against the Company concerned for not providing LED TV to the customer of good condition.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

Our Panasonic Viera plasma tv (TH 50PX60U) caught on fire this morning. The power plug, where it attaches to the tv, first started smoking and then burst into flames. Luckily, we got the fire under control before any damage to our home occurred. There had been no problems with this tv since we bought it 10 years ago. We had no indications, no advance warning that something like this would happen. We are very worried about the other tv we have in the inlaw suite--it is the same model, bought at the same time. Is this one going to catch fire too? I found several incidents on the internet of Panasonic TVs catching fire, so apparently this is not a one time event. I always thought Panasonic was one of the best brands but I'm now rethinking this. As far as I know, there has never been a recall on this model.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I bought Panasonic LED with home theater. Within 13-14 months the wifi function stopped working and now after 2.5 years there is again technical issue and the mechanics visited told that there is issue in the motherboard which is to be replaced. The cost is 7000 approx. Not able to understand why we buy the branded products.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I buy Panasonic led TV 2 and half years ago 42 inches model no: AS630. Actually I am very poor. But purchased the high rated TV with ESI. But recently got stopped without any doing. I called Panasonic TV mechanic. He said that TV picture tube led was not functioning. If you want to do the repair approximately Rs: 23000/- will be charged. See just I was surprised. Because 2 years TV was not functioning. So we are not in position to repair with that cost. There is no alternate. No budget. See Panasonic company do anything for me. Do the needful.

Original review: July 28, 2017

Bought my 55" 3-D Panasonic tv 5yrs ago & within 1 1/2 yrs the PC board went. Now 2 yrs later the PC board went again & it's not under warranty anymore. Called both BestBuy where I bought it & Panasonic & neither place is willing to help. So my $2,500 tv that's less than 5yrs old is now worthless unless I pay $500 or more to get it fixed! I will never purchase another Panasonic in my life.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Panasonic?

Original review: June 2, 2017

Most the time the Panasonic TV is ok. It's the service the store one buys it from that creates the problems. When something comes in box have them open the box because somebody may have drop it at one time or another. Sometimes the product malfunctions too.

Original review: June 2, 2017

Model 50" Plasma HDTV. I had it for several years. It has perfect viewing, clear and vivid picture and multiple input jacks for external devices. Sound are exceptional. Easy functionality and setup.

Original review: May 31, 2017

I have have several flat screen TV but the Panasonic one shows very nice pictures. I have had it a couple of years now. It is a 50 inch, shows great, great sound, the picture shows clear. The only thing is it is a very heavy television. But I love this TV.

Original review: May 30, 2017

Although this Panasonic TV can be a little hot, it is still a great TV. It has a great picture and can be viewed comfortably from many angles. And I feel it was a great value.

Original review: May 29, 2017

My Panasonic TV is at least 10 years old, and has never had a problem. The picture is clear, sound is good, and I appreciate the sleek style. The only issue I have with the television is the placement of the volume, channel, etc. controls that are located on the bottom side of the TV. They are black, like the TV, and difficult to see and almost impossible to read. Other than that, I am very satisfied with this purchase.

Original review: May 28, 2017

Bought the Panasonic TV based on good reviews and they were all right. Got all that I expected. Right size and performance is great. Great picture quality, reception from wireless devices, color, and speed of processor. And sure it's few years old but comparing to what I learned about lots of other brand it kept its reputation.

Original review: May 27, 2017

I bought the Panasonic TV refurbished about 5 years ago, flat screen HD, and haven't had a bad experience with it. The only downside to this television is it puts off a lot of heat. Other than that it's a great brand and has been a great TV.

Original review: May 26, 2017

Panasonic has been around forever and always seem to provide quality products and fair prices. It is the best of the brands. Other companies, especially the newcomers, have failed miserably in price and quality.

Original review: May 25, 2017

Although it's 6 years old and henceforth obsolete it still has a great picture. One of the last great plasma sets. Great off angle viewing and blacks. Like the smart tv features and reliability of brand.

Original review: May 24, 2017

The 55" flat screen High definition Panasonic Television is thin, light weight and easily maneuverable by two people. By being thin, and easily handled, it will fit almost anyplace. It is an attractive, wall hanging piece of furniture. The screen is big enough that you can see it perfectly from anywhere in our living room. The picture is truly sharp, the color is incredible which cannot be beat by anyone and the price is very affordable compared to others. I highly recommend this TV.

Original review: May 23, 2017

Panasonic TV is the best flat screen I have seen and owned and the warranty is far better than the rest of the flat screens on the market today. It comes in nice and clear and I have no problems with it since I bought it.

Original review: May 22, 2017

Over the years I have had long life and Panasonic has lived up to it. I have had a LCD for high-def for almost 10 years and it is still good after moves. I recently bought a monitor extremely cheap and am also delighted with its clarity and ease of installation with my cable and my Roku.

Original review: May 21, 2017

Having had this brand for the past 12 years but nothing lasts forever. This has served me fairly well although recently, I have noticed a line appearing on left side of screen, half way down. Not sure what this means. Otherwise, a good performance.

Original review: May 21, 2017

The Panasonic model I have is a flat screen, 52 inch unit mounted on the wall. It is a "smart TV", easy to operate and connect to the WiFi. The picture, color, sound and features are very good. It was purchased 2 years ago and I am pleased with it. I have not experienced any issues and expect to enjoy it for several years.

Original review: May 20, 2017

We have a three-year old 55" Panasonic LCD television. It is our preferred TV. Picture quality in our home is superior to our Sharp 3-D as well as our other brand-name big screen TV. Sound quality is also clear, easily heard even by older homeowners. Visitors and family comment on the superiority of the Panasonic TV.

Original review: May 20, 2017

My Panasonic TV is large but still sets close to the wall. It has excellent picture quality and is extremely reliable. Also, I use a sound bar for better quality enhanced volume. Definitely worth a few more dollars than any I've owned.

Original review: May 19, 2017

I own a 52" Panasonic plasma for 10 years. It was one of the first to come out in the flat screen. It works perfect and still has an awesome picture. 0 trouble and excellent product!

Original review: May 18, 2017

Bought A 55" Panasonic TV that works great... most of the time. If there's a power outage, with a surge protector, it takes a 24-hr to 3-day break. If I want to clean behind it or rearrange my living-room, I have to expect not to watch anything again for a least 3 days because if I unplug it, another 3-day nap. Pretty crappy that your company steals hundreds of dollars from customers only for them to end up with a oversized paperweight. Maybe work on your technology a little bit because at this rate no one is going to buy your worthless crap anymore. Especially when you don't address the 87,000 complaints people have made against you.

Original review: May 18, 2017

I have had the Panasonic TCP65GT30 for five years and it has performed flawlessly. This tv is no longer available. But, I liked that the refresh rate was twice that of most plasma tvs. I could literally tell the difference in the store when viewing a NASCAR race. There was no blurring at all on this model. Also, view angles are good and the picture adjusts well for light levels. I can't really detect any of the negatives, like fluctuating black levels, that the experts listed. The black, in fact, is deeper than almost all other comparable models. Bottom line is that when I replace this tv, Panasonic will be high on the list to look for.

Original review: May 15, 2017

Panasonic is the worst company, they are selling inferiors products now. I was their regular customer, bought 13 LEDs. Earlier products were up to the mark but now they are supplying and selling inferior material and my TV got black spots just after 1.5 months of purchase. And their customer care service is the worst and egoistic. Now I have filed the consumer complaint and fighting legal battle. I will suggest all readers never buy Panasonic TV. When they have miserably failed to attend the customer like me who bought 13 LED TVs from them so think what they will to offer others. Their products are now not up to the mark. They called me first and promised to replace but now again they took U-turn. So never buy Panasonic. Go for other options, even I have bought now from other company, it is much better than Panasonic.

Original review: March 13, 2017

I looked at Consumer Reports before I shopped over a year ago. It was a great buy around Super Bowl time and has had no problems. The picture looks so real that my dog barks at dogs in commercials. If I put the picture on hold, both of my dogs bark as if someone is looking through the set into our living room. Also, it's big, beautiful and I would not sell if for any price.

Original review: March 12, 2017

My tv is flat screen but 5 yrs old so not as nice as the new one. But it still works. I'm not getting rid of the old one till it stops working.

Original review: March 7, 2017

Panasonic 73 + plasma TV. It is a good quality TV. One of the reasons we bought it because it is a 73 inch TV and it is 3D. Excellent picture, really good quality, very easy to use, it has plenty of USB inputs and is very visible. I wish I could actually find another one but they don't make them anymore.

Original review: March 5, 2017

I truly got my money's worth. My TV is over 40 years old and I do still use it but the picture is not what it once was and the remote broke so I can't fix the color. Its look and features are not as sleek as the new ones, but some shows play better than others. Also, I can't use a universal remote, unless I can find an old one on Ebay. So, if I didn't have my laptop to watch most TV shows and movies on the web, I would get a new TV.

Original review: March 4, 2017

I am truly satisfied with my purchase, a Panasonic 50" FHD smart TV model TH50DS610U. All I needed was a large screen with great picture quality. What I got for a $695 is simply amazing. It's perfect in every way and meets my requirements as I watch mostly Blu-rays & Netflix. Now I do not have to go to the cinemas that often.

Panasonic expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1918, Panasonic is one of Japan's largest electronics producers. Its lineup of Viera-branded LED LCD TVs includes Ultra HD sets that range in size from 55 to 85 inches.

• Studio Master Drive: A type of booster for 4K TVs, this technology produces even more vivid picture details and richer, more natural colors during darker scenes.
    • LED backlight: An advanced design, LED backlighting produces a wider color range on TV screens.
    • Intuitive design: The smart home screen is designed to adapt to you and give you just the content and apps you want; plus, you can use your remote by speaking into it.
    • XUMO Discovery: Content is recommended to you based on what you've previously watched through Amazon, Netflix and other apps.
    • Separate processing: The Quad Core Pro engine separates the smart TV processing from the picture processing, so content streams smoother and pictures are crisper.
    • Best for: Movie and TV connoisseurs.
    Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs