Panasonic TV

Compare TV Brands

Research top TV Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Bought A 55" Panasonic TV that works great... most of the time. If there's a power outage, with a surge protector, it takes a 24-hr to 3-day break. If I want to clean behind it or rearrange my living-room, I have to expect not to watch anything again for a least 3 days because if I unplug it, another 3-day nap. Pretty crappy that your company steals hundreds of dollars from customers only for them to end up with a oversized paperweight. Maybe work on your technology a little bit because at this rate no one is going to buy your worthless crap anymore. Especially when you don't address the 87,000 complaints people have made against you.

Panasonic is the worst company, they are selling inferiors products now. I was their regular customer, bought 13 LEDs. Earlier products were up to the mark but now they are supplying and selling inferior material and my TV got black spots just after 1.5 months of purchase. And their customer care service is the worst and egoistic. Now I have filed the consumer complaint and fighting legal battle. I will suggest all readers never buy Panasonic TV. When they have miserably failed to attend the customer like me who bought 13 LED TVs from them so think what they will to offer others. Their products are now not up to the mark. They called me first and promised to replace but now again they took U-turn. So never buy Panasonic. Go for other options, even I have bought now from other company, it is much better than Panasonic.

I looked at Consumer Reports before I shopped over a year ago. It was a great buy around Super Bowl time and has had no problems. The picture looks so real that my dog barks at dogs in commercials. If I put the picture on hold, both of my dogs bark as if someone is looking through the set into our living room. Also, it's big, beautiful and I would not sell if for any price.

My tv is flat screen but 5 yrs old so not as nice as the new one. But it still works. I'm not getting rid of the old one till it stops working.

Panasonic 73 + plasma TV. It is a good quality TV. One of the reasons we bought it because it is a 73 inch TV and it is 3D. Excellent picture, really good quality, very easy to use, it has plenty of USB inputs and is very visible. I wish I could actually find another one but they don't make them anymore.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Panasonic?

I truly got my money's worth. My TV is over 40 years old and I do still use it but the picture is not what it once was and the remote broke so I can't fix the color. Its look and features are not as sleek as the new ones, but some shows play better than others. Also, I can't use a universal remote, unless I can find an old one on Ebay. So, if I didn't have my laptop to watch most TV shows and movies on the web, I would get a new TV.

I am truly satisfied with my purchase, a Panasonic 50" FHD smart TV model TH50DS610U. All I needed was a large screen with great picture quality. What I got for a $695 is simply amazing. It's perfect in every way and meets my requirements as I watch mostly Blu-rays & Netflix. Now I do not have to go to the cinemas that often.

I trust Panasonic and we got a good deal on it. The only problem we have is during football season it would switch to Spanish play by play, without us changing to the SP option. Also on CBS and USA channels we get voice over explanations, during non-dialogue times. It tells us to go into our menu to turn it off, but we can't. But, I enjoy watching sports on this TV: color is better, clarity is better and size of picture is great.

Panasonic TV is great for the money. I have owned it for several years and it performs good. I just wish it wasn't a plasma. Even though I am very careful in not letting it on when not in use, it still has shadows left on the screen.

We've had our Panasonic Vista 50 inch screen since 2009. Been a perfect performer and looks and works like new. It wasn't overly expensive. Has multiple HDMI ports and has internal tool programs to help the user. The TV has perfect picture quality, bright crystal clear imaging along with surround sound and easy operation. This kind of quality lasts many years and has for us. It's a class act.

I have purchased a Panasonic 50" TV and it hasn't let me down with color, gaming, DVDs or any console that I have plugged into it. It sounds wonderful with surround sound. It's easy to use. It's inexpensive but the quality of the picture is great. I haven't had any freezing or warped pictures. I have had this TV for over 5 yrs and no problems and it still looks and works great.

I have bought 2 Panasonic LED smart T.V.'s 3 years back in 2013 and at the time on inquiring was told by the manager at the dealership that the TVs were made in Japan. He attempted to demonstrate this by hitting the TV screen with his hand to show me the difference between a Chinese made TV and the one that he was selling me. Three years later the smart TV with the 47" screen lost the picture & when the technician opened the back cover it had a made in China sticker on it while the picture tube assembly had 'LG display Co.Ltd.' printed on it.

The TV was sent to a Panasonic authorised service centre & I was informed after a few days that the TV picture tube had failed. Panasonic offered me a nonsmart 50'' TV at a price of Rupees 27,500/ which I had to accept for lack of an alternate or better option. The picture quality of this new TV is much inferior to the original smart TV that supposedly went bad and my parents cannot watch anything on the internet or youtube on it.

A few months later the 55" smart TV set too lost the picture and I was told that the picture tube had failed & a Mr. ** who is the sales head of Panasonic offered me a new nonsmart tv in exchange. The manager at the Panasonic service center attempted to convince me by telling me lies that the cause for the failure was due to the fact that there were a lot of open drains in the city that emitted harmful gasses that damaged the tubes. I was not willing to believe him and refused to take the offer. My father decided to inform his friends through Whatsapp about the issue with Panasonic TVs and was advised by one of his friends to get it checked by a local technician.We called the technician who came to my home and took a total of 20 minutes to repair the TV set and explained to us that there was a small circuit in the TV that was broken.

I would like to inform customers not to buy Panasonic products as the they are operating a scam where they try to sell you a new nonsmart TV that is of very inferior quality & that you cannot access the internet with or play/download games while they keep or sell your smart & superior quality TV by lying to you that it cannot be repaired.

I purchased a Panasonic 50" 4k TV at Walmart in April of 2015. I am on my third tv since April. I had to return the first two to Walmart and now they won't accept the third. They say it is a manufacturing defect and Panasonic's responsibility. All three TVs have a problem with the display panel losing the picture. Panasonic says I have to call and schedule an appointment for someone to come out and check the problem. The process should take 7-10 days. That means I am without my TV for 7-10 days. When I said that, that was unacceptable. I was told that's the way it is. Walmart's service is terrible and Panasonic just doesn't care. I would strongly caution against buying any Panasonic product.

I have been a faithful Panasonic consumer for two decades. The product was the best on the market most of that time. Unfortunately I have noticed a continued decline in quality. This decline has accelerated over the past two years. They should be very disappointed as a company to lose such a long time loyal customer. While my annual sales do not mean much, I am sure others feel the same way. Perhaps they should send their product development team back to school and move the manufacturing away from China. Remember that even at a great price a broken camera is worthless. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING from this company. I paid $169.00 at Costco 10 months ago. The revised cost to repair this unit is $233.73; break-down is as follows: Labor: $75.00, Parts: $138.87, S&H: $8.75, Tax: $11.11.

I bought the TV Panasonic DS500 of 32 inch before 2 months back but mistake. I lost my TV panel. It's broken out but in warranty. The company mentioned it that everything can be covered in warranty in one point. But till now I don't get a response from your service. I am a new customer for the brand. In market so many brands are there but I chose this brand only because its performance is good but I can't get any response or any kind of service from your brand so that I was not happy with the service. Please give the best service for TV and make a hopeful to the customer. Thank you.

I had purchased a Panasonic led 32 inch TV on 27/09/2015 and after seven months of usage its display panel got damaged and a new panel was replaced with free of cost as it covers within the warranty. But again after seven months its display panel damaged. It's only one year 2 months I purchased this product and the same issue is repeating within a timeframe of seven months. What I have to conclude from this whether the replaced panel is also defective one? I'm really disappointed about the quality of this product. If I need to repair this TV then have to pay an amount of 14000. We are purchasing a product with the good brand value not to use it for one year.

I had contacted Panasonic Area service manager (Trivandrum). As per him it's not possible to repair this product with free of cost. It's not my fault then why I have to spend again 14000 for repairing this product. Only it crossed two months of the warranty period and how can I believe that even after spending this much money again the issue will not happen after seven months. Considering the purchase date and recurring issue with the panel I'm expecting that you have to repair this product with free of cost. The item code is PANTH32C410D. Service Request: **

I had purchased a 32 inch LED T.V. in 2014 and within 2 years its display panel goes to damage so now it became to a "Dabba". I have also completed to Panasonic but they demand 14510 Rs for changing this because its warranty period has been completed. I know without warranty you did not replace it but this is not my fault so you have to accept it's a manufacturing defect and your LED tv quality is very poor that not work more than 2 years.

I purchased a Panasonic L40B6D from Vasanth and co in West Tambaram. At the time of purchase I was assured for a 3 year warranty. Now my TV is 1.7 yrs old had a flickering problem on the display. On complaining the service person confirms this TV is not under warranty and when I asked the Vasanth and co manager without any seriousness says this could be a mistake from the new guy, and he was asking show him the guy so that he will sack him from job which could not be a solution to my problem at all. Poor quality products from Panasonic and very poor support from Dealer Vasanth and co. Do not buy anything from Vasanth and co. Buy from Croma even if the product is Rs.500 higher. Also they have better service support for their customers. I myself have come across their excellent support to me on a purchase of Toshiba TV 3 years back.

Ok. My AV guy recommended buying a new Panasonic 55" Plasma TV P55ST30. So I bought it and it worked ok until two of the hdmi ports failed, so I had to move it from the game room to the living room. About a year later, today, we come home and the TV doesn't work. The red light is blinking and I researched the problem only to find out this is potentially a Class Action issue with all Panasonic TV's. So now, after ONLY 5 years, I have a 55" paper weight while my Sony, the FIRST FLAT SCREEN I EVER PURCHASED 10 years ago is working like a champ. DON'T BUY PANASONIC EVER. PIECE OF CRAP.

I bought a Panasonic TV about 1 and half year ago and the screen went off just the sound was coming so I called up Panasonic people and when they checked my TV they asked for Rs. 15000 /-. I asked them the TV is not even 2 years old. "NO WARRANTY NO GUARANTEE after 6 months" - these were their words. DO NOT buy a PANASONIC TV or any OTHER product.

I had purchased the Panasonic LED TV(TH42CS510D) on 11/10/2015 from Pune. But after one year there are the problems related with the screen. Whenever the TV is ON & screen is black, there are some white patches on the TV. While the TV is ON, there is one small black spot on the upper side of the screen. But when I called the customer care, instead of enquiring about the problem in detail, they simply told that there may be the internal problem & we have to inspect it. But the charges for one time visit are Rs. 1200 + Taxes (Approx. Rs.1500). These charges are on quite higher side for the one time visit & also there should not be the problem in TV immediately after the one year. This is not at all expected from the reputed company such as Panasonic.

I have purchased a 40" tv full hd, but within 6 month that tv have some and I complaint and they came and told me need to change complete panel and after three month they changed the panel after calling hundred time to customer care. After two month again same issue occur. I don't know what need do this time. I called them and they will verify. It's a very bad bad experience with Panasonic.

I have purchased LED TV of above specifications on 15th August 2014. Then after in March 2016 there was problem that the video display was not seen and only the audio is present in tv. I spent 6500 to repair it. Then it will became ok. But again the same problem occurred in July 2016. Now the power supply board is needed and its price is approximately 8000. Still there is no any guarantee or warranty that how much time the tv shall be run ok. In short during 2 years period of tv, the repairing cost is 15000. And I have purchased it in 47000. So I spent 62000 on this 40 inch tv. Very, very bad performance. This is what a technology? How can people trust on this. Very bad, very sad.

I filed a claim with the warranty department for my television before my year allotted. The representative advised me to email a copy of my proof of purchase, which was my receipt from where I purchased the television. I was advised that I would be contacted back, once the receipt was received. I never heard back from the company, and every time I called, I was hung up on. I emailed the receipt 2 times, which Panasonic is stating they only received it once after my warranty had expired. No one had ever called me, even after sending the proof of purchase a second time. I was blatantly ignored with my request to have my television repaired.

After a month and a half of being unsuccessful in reaching a live person in the correct department, a Panasonic representative told me that even though my t.v was out of the warranty (by 2 months) they would still fix it, given that I had filed while it was still covered. After contacting the provided repair specialist, they informed me Panasonic has not contacted them. After trying for a few days and being unsuccessful at reaching a supervisor, I was finally able to speak with someone claiming to be a supervisor. After a lengthy conversation, he informed me that they will not repair or even look at my television since it was now out of warranty, even though the claim was filed within the time frame, and it was their fault they did not follow protocol and follow up with me as previously stated.

DO NOT PURCHASE THIS TV!!! After reading a USA Today article and doing some research I purchased this TV. Once I took it out of the package and ready to go, I pushed the power button and NOTHING. I did everything tech support told me to do. Finally, a repairman over the phone said it perhaps was dropped by FedEx or Walmart. Fluke. Whatever. I returned it and purchased it again. THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED TO THE SECOND TV. This time I had it express shipped directly to my house. It comes in a huge, heavily padded box labeled FRAGILE. Now it's a huge eye sore in my living room and I have to go to the trouble of returning it AGAIN.

Both Walmart.com and Panasonic tech support were awful. When I live chatted with Panasonic he gave me a case number and said someone would contact me in 24-48 hours and I've heard nothing. Also, don't purchase the extended warranty. Turns out it's 2 hours away and the repair guy they outsource to doesn't even come to Cincinnati so it's worthless to buy unless you want to take this huge TV to them. JOKE. I will NEVER buy Panasonic ever again.

I purchased a Lumix DMC-ZS40 camera (one-year warranty) mid-August 2015 and registered it. I called on June 2, 2016 because the battery isn't charging. Then I was told about the rules being changed around Dec 2015, about which I wasn't notified. I was then told I'd have to email the sales receipt, which I did. I called again on June 3rd, only to be told that Ebay and the Ebay seller aren't authorized sellers, so they can't help me. Panasonic apparently doesn't even follow "grandfather clauses," meaning if you purchase something before there's a rule, the new rules do NOT apply. I'm a long time purchaser of Panasonic products, and I've been shopping around for an HD camcorder and a phone set. But now I'm extremely reluctant to buy from Panasonic.

I purchased a 50" Panasonic plasma TV in June 2013, model TC-P50ST60. This week the TV died - no picture or audio, just a repetitive red right flashing at the bottom of the set - flashes 7 times then off a few seconds, and this repeats itself. I looked in the owner's manual for troubleshooting, and this section is a joke. It is actually the FAQ, but it does provide the question "Why is the screen blank with the power indicator blink?" The answer is the TV has gone into shutdown mode to protect itself, and try unplugging for a few minutes.

I did that and still no audio or video. So I called the toll free number (twice) and both times spoke to an outsourced call center who had no other solutions other than call the authorized repair center in my area. I called one of the two in my area, and the gentlemen who answered was the owner and he told me he no longer repaired Panasonics because it became too difficult to get parts, and he retiring. I asked him about the other repair center and he said they closed their doors the day before. So I again called the Panasonic toll free number (again an outsourced person took my call) and told me the next closest repair center was at least 60 miles away.

I live in a fairly large metropolitan area (population >1 million), and there are only 2 authorized repair centers, and both no longer are in business or do not repair Panasonic TVs??? So I sent an email to Panasonic asking what other choices I have regarding repairs, and the response I received back from the Panasonic Customer Care Team was the standard cookie-cutter reply that I would be contacted in 24-48 hours. Well, that was 72 hours ago and no response. Very poor quality and support all around. I would have rated this NO stars but I could not continue without at least one star.

Just a follow-up on my post submitted on Feb 3, 2012 concerning the Panasonic Plasma TV (th42pz80u) in which the power supply failed 3 years after purchase. After extensive complaints to the warranty company, and realizing after several months that the part was unavailable, I almost gave up. Although I was finally reimbursed with half the cost of the purchase, I was able to locate, online, a refurbished board for about 60.00. I installed it and the set is working perfectly to this day!

I have a 50" Panasonic LED (LCD with LED backlight) model TC-L50ET60. I have owned it for about 3 yrs. It is a very good TV with a very good picture. If there is anything bad I could say about it, it is the fact that, just like all other brands of TVs, it doesn't have connections on the back for my older equipment. It has one set of RCA jacks. When I bought the TV, I found that all manufacturers are doing this, making my other older equipment useless since they aren't always connected.

One of my pieces of equipment is a Panasonic DVD recorder (no longer available in the U.S. thanks to the U.S. entertainment industry). I can plug it into the RCA jacks, or I can plug my TiVo DVR into the RCA jacks (my TiVo has HDMI, but I lost the HDMI connection during a lightning storm) but not both, so I can't record programs from my TiVo to the recorder (which isn't HD). Otherwise, I am a big fan of Panasonic. I find most of their products to be well made and long lasting. I also have a Panasonic 50" plasma TV (10 years old), the Panasonic DVD recorder (15 yrs old), and a Panasonic camcorder (15 yrs old, and I have put it through hell and back from tropical rainstorms in Costa Rica to Death Valley). They continue to run flawlessly.

60" Panasonic Viera Plasma High Def 1080 internet ready movie applications. This TV is three years old, has not lost any picture quality. The surround sound speakers are very good with realistic sounds. I dogs loves watching this TV lol.

Compare TV Brands