Panasonic TV

Panasonic TV
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.16/5

Panasonic TV Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Panasonic TV?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Panasonic?

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

Purchased Panasonic TX-55GZ950B OLED for 3k Euro in August 2017 and last few weeks (September 2020) noticed green patch on middle of the screen. It is impossible to watch anything anymore without seeing mis coloration. So I got on to customer service and was requested to send few pictures of tests and info from tv. After all that they came back to me and said that I didn't performed full panel maintenance cycles resulting image retention so nothing can be done as warranty doesn't cover image retention. I have owned Panasonic tv's before and they have lasted 7-10 years without any issues and I ever upgraded to get bigger screens. This has put me off any future business with Panasonic. It is ridiculous to get only 3 years out of premium tv set like this. Panel maintenance has been on auto mode since I took it out of box. Hope this helps if someone is looking to buy anything from Panasonic. I'm looking on LG and Sony OLED's from now on.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

There's nothing smart about the tv. There are about 5 apps you can use, and about 10 other pointless apps you can add, but nothing worthwhile. You also can't sign into google or use any decent play stores. It's honestly the worst thing I've ever bought. You are better off just getting a normal hdtv and a Chromecast. You get a lot more and it would work out a lot cheaper. I do not recommend at all.

Get buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 30, 2020

Panasonic should be ashamed of themselves! I own two Panasonic Viera Plasma TVs and both have had the blinking light errors. This is a problem that Panasonic is well aware of and does nothing about! This error happens when the faulty screws that they installed on their boards, comes loose and causes an arc, shorting out the board. I did contact Panasonic about the issue and they did not want to help me in the slightest! I ended up sending the boards out for repair, at my own expense. These televisions are junk! Panasonic is an unethical company, that won’t rectify a known problem with their TVs! DONT BUY PANASONIC! They won’t stand by their products!

Original review: July 21, 2020

It's a very Cheap and low profile company. I purchased a Panasonic LED last year with a company trust which is a mistake. There is remote not working properly, pictures crushed automatically while running, services are not prior. No one come until you request 50 times. In case they come they call to senior and ask permission like can I do no value and trust of customer words. Overall I'm not recommend any to buy panasonic product and same problem in Air Conditioner. It's cut off automatically in midnight.

Thanks and Regards

Shantanu

Original review: June 7, 2020

We had bad experience with Panasonic TV (which I and my Brother) MODEL had purchased at same time. Model TH-42AS630D smart TV in Nov 2014, Both TVs panel damaged within a 5 years and we had to shell out exorbitant amount to repair it. Later I got to another friend of my in neighboring building had also purchased Panasonic brand 32 Inch. His also panel was damaged. So in all 3 TV of Panasonic having issue, it's very disappointing that Panasonic selling such high priced product deliver sub standard product. I recommend not to buy Panasonic TV or you would regret, as this is no coincidence that 3 TV all Panasonic are damaged approximately same time with same issue of Panel.

Original review: June 7, 2020

Panasonic TX43 GS352B. Bought in UK with 6 years warranty. Very good picture and sound on 43 inch led tv. We have had recent Windows 10 update which affected broadband router but once sorted out the smart tv works very well. Not fault of Panasonic which some owners seem to be confused with. The tv is ok, it is the configuration with existing router which causes any problems. At £279 it is an extremely good buy. The travel programs are exceptional with the wide panoramic screen. The colours are sharp and natural and the Dolby sound suits are needs. This is my 3rd Panasonic tv over past 18 years and they get better as technology improves each time.

Original review: March 5, 2020

Bad experience Panasonic 2x gx880z & 1x FZ950 oled. Avoid these tvs like the plague, it seems they have a fault that most people are unaware of. They have the tendency to lose their vibrant colour and contrast and end up displaying a mediocre washed out picture that is nowhere near the image these tvs are capable of displaying when performing correctly. This intermittently happens on all content, it has nothing to do with streaming speed or streaming quality as you can be playing from a blu ray or media player and the same thing happens. Been an absolute nightmare of an experience since this has happened with 3 Panasonic high end TVS!!! Don't get sucked in by the Panasonic "Hot sale" pitch. Next purchase will be a Samsung Qled 80R.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I request all public, please do not buy any Panasonic product. Bcoz, the Panasonic service provider is given service free in warranty period, but repairing part will be charged. See, when we purchase a simple 5000 mobile then repairing and cost charge will free of cost and here we purchased 24000rs product and repairing part charges is applied. So please don't buy Panasonic products.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

My only two years old Panasonic TV having display issue from last 20 days. One of their engineer visited but unable to resolve the issue. I am continuous in touch with Panasonic but response was very-2 poor. Today my TV even not getting start/ON. Once I informed them about it, they said come in our service centre along with TV. They said that they will try to understand the issue but at my cost which they are not disclosing. Actually they people are unable to diagnose the problem. I am fed-up with the product where I spent a huge amount. I heard that this is a big brand but sorry to say that it is not what I have to do...

Regards
      Pradeep

Gurgaon

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

Dear Friends, Avoid buying Panasonic TV and that to from Vijay sales due to poor service. Kindly note Self purchased Panasonic smart LED TH43FS600D dated 6th April 2019 cost 36500 rs from Vijay Sales. While we were watching the TV suddenly one small spot was noticed at the center of the screen, same kept increasing after some time. This problem was reported to your customer care number. Their representative reported after 4 days and after several follow up. After having a look he said the display panel is gone and will need to be replaced costing 23000rs. and payable by me.

This is totally unacceptable as there is no sign of any scratch or damage on the screen, which was shown to your service engineer also it is under warranty. To which he said agreed no damage from outside but says there is no problem from inside also so we are not responsible. Please avoid buying Panasonic TV. I have offered them to take the 3 month old TV back free of cost in written, still no reply from last 10 days to all in mail.

Panasonic author review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1918, Panasonic is one of Japan's largest electronics producers. Its lineup of Viera-branded LED LCD TVs includes Ultra HD sets that range in size from 55 to 85 inches.

• Studio Master Drive: A type of booster for 4K TVs, this technology produces even more vivid picture details and richer, more natural colors during darker scenes.

• LED backlight: An advanced design, LED backlighting produces a wider color range on TV screens.

• Intuitive design: The smart home screen is designed to adapt to you and give you just the content and apps you want; plus, you can use your remote by speaking into it.

• XUMO Discovery: Content is recommended to you based on what you've previously watched through Amazon, Netflix and other apps.

• Separate processing: The Quad Core Pro engine separates the smart TV processing from the picture processing, so content streams smoother and pictures are crisper.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team