2.07/5
Based on 520 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1122 Panasonic TV Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Warranty Panasonic SquareTrade coverage electronic failure on the Panasonic 4K TV. I Was informed that Panasonic.com has no information about that warranty. A SquareTrade Plan was sent through the Panasonic website. Panasonic says they know nothing about that. Warranty starts: June 2016 for 4 years. Paid: $80.00 for the 48 months. SquareTrade refunded my coverage money but, now I'm stuck with a junk TV.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

My tv had a video problem, I complaint to Panasonic (my request no. **). The service person came from nearest showroom. I thought they will sent from Panasonic but they sent local service person who’s not belonging to Panasonic. That person told me that, we need to change the backlight and if problem in panel that also we will change for that they estimated including service charges around 4000 rupees. I said them, "Ok you can take my tv for service." Thus they took my tv on last Tuesday and return on Thursday(11-10-2018) but they not rectified my tv problem as they committed. I asked them clear details why you couldn’t rectified. They told me that the parts are not available. But they charged estimated amount without proper justification.

This is first time I experienced worst service from one well known company. If they openly said to me, they can’t rectify the problem. I would have buy a new tv. But they didn’t tell that. I asked clear justification for that bill amount. What they did? Why they charged that much? They didn’t tell proper answer. I trusted Panasonic. But as per their brand logo, not a idea for life. It’s idea to misuse the customers. I did asked them to do third party’s service but they did without my consent. They cheated me. Please guys don’t go with Panasonic... Better you buy other brand, because their service will be dishonest.

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I have relocated my home to new place and I have all the equipments just for visit and putting 4 holes they need 1500 RS for this. What the big work is there in that to take that much money and manager also talking in same manner. I suggest all to NOT Purchase Panasonic products. Very worst experience while talking with their agents too and they are so rude. They don't need customer satisfaction. Only they need money.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I bought a LED TV of Panasonic last year. I had just left 7 days of warranty which was only year warranty. Its sound has been lost suddenly, I called customer care they told me that warranty has been finished and you have to pay 300 visit charges, parts exchange charges will be extra. Technician came at my home and he is asking 3000 rs. And told us that motherboard has destroyed. We have to change the same. But he DID not change any part and took full amount of 3000/-. But after 3 to 4 days my LEDs sound again lost and now technician is not responding to us. Panasonic products are very bad quality and their technical team also very fraud and cheater. I bought Panasonic first time and it was my very bad experience. I will never purchase any product of Panasonic in future also their warranty period is very less.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

Sir this is to inform you that I am not at all happy with the service & product of Panasonic. Sir I have purchased a Panasonic 49" LED TV 49CS580 on 29th Jan 2016. Even before completing one year from the date of purchase a thin line appeared on screen in the month of November 2016. So as the product was in warranty so panel replacement given. But now again on 31st August 2018 automatically picture gone & only audio is there. No picture. Only sound is coming. So on 1st September 2018 I given a complaint. (Complaint ID:**).

So on same day Panasonic technician visited and after checking he said panel has to be replaced. I said OK as at the time of purchase it has been assured to me that there is 3 years warranty applicable to my product from the date of purchase. But on the same day Mr. ** from Panasonic service center called up me over phone & said that the product is not under warranty anymore & I have to pay 42000/- Rupees for panel replacement.

Sir at the time of complaint log in ie on 1st September 2018 even customer care executive also said me that there is total 3 years warranty is there on my product ie 1 year full warranty & other 2 years will be only panel warranty. He said he checked in system & confirmed. But now Panasonic ** is telling that there is only one year warranty. I am feeling that I have been cheated by Panasonic. I always refer my friends, Relatives & customers to buy Panasonic for it's good service. But I never even imagined that I have to suffer like this. I thought Panasonic is a very good brand & good product but it seems I was wrong because only within one year panel gone & again within 15 months again panel problem.

I might have purchased Sony or Samsung or LG. I will never refer anyone now to buy Panasonic. I really hurted a lot. It's a very big loss for me. If my problem not solved I will go further to higher authorities & also escalate this to prime minister of India that how Panasonic brand is fooling to poor people in India. Sir I belong to a very poor family. My salary is only Rs.15000/-. I stay in a rented home. Sir I purchased LED TV in finance. Sir how could I pay Rs.42000 for panel replacement. Sir it's my humble request to you that please look into this & give approval for panel replacement as it is still in warranty. Sir please help me.

Thanks & Regards.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Panasonic?

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Poor quality. We have bought the Panasonic 42 inch LED television. Service center person had checked and told the issue is with the motherboard and need to replace it which would cost 5500. Still we trusted and given it for repair. But again in few days it has display has gone. Now they have ask for more 500 rs although it was in warranty period. It's been 3 months Mr. Sonu ** is not picking the call and denying to come at my place. Please look forward for the issue.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I am not satisfied with your product. Very bad. Poor quality. We have bought the Panasonic 42 inch LED television in 2016. It is less than 3 year but there are so many problems in display like LED portal stopped working, display gets automatically off and on. Few applications stopped working like multimedia... etc. Service center person had checked and told the issue is with the motherboard and need to replace it which would cost 12000+. Extremely dissatisfied with the quality, never expected that a TV from a brand like Panasonic would not last for at least 3 years. As my earlier LCD from of other company has been working for more than 16 years without problems. Not worth for money.

Original review: July 23, 2018

Panasonic is a quality brand and the fact that my TV is older than what the average person would want, it still works, so I have a hard time throwing it away. It is not a flat screen but the picture quality is still good.

Original review: July 2, 2018

Panasonic is an excellent brand but it's a bit outdated. They need to improve their appearance and systems because I'm not even thinking of purchasing another one. Sony is actually my next choice because of how sleek their design is and the advanced features. If you're not too bothered about the fancy stuff then it should be ok for you.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I have had this TV for a number of years. I believe this brand is no longer available however. This TV has performed very well. Any trouble with it has been a result of my not setting it properly. Picture, color and sound are good. It is a perfect size if you don't need a monstrous size for a large apartment.

Original review: May 15, 2018

Zero support, unless you put cash up front. Stand behind the crap you sell, or, don't sell it, simple. Better yet, sell something you know will continue to work then you need not answer the complaints, I think you enjoy collecting cash upfront on product that was never worth what you originally collected selling it. Will never buy anything with your name on it again. More than disappointed... Extremely pissed.

Original review: May 3, 2018

Panasonic service is below zero. Never called me. Always me having to call them. With weeks of waiting to see if my five month old tv was under warranty. I was told it’s not. Was watching a lot of tv as I was sick and heard a pop and the screen had a spider crack on the top on the screen. If I didn’t see it myself I wouldn’t believe it! I was honest with them and looked online to find so many people like myself with similar stories. It’s called thermal cracking. Was told by Panasonic that does not happen ever. Asked repair guys and they all said the same thing. They would never give warranty on screens ever. So very disappointed. Although staff was polite you felt belittled and horrible for even calling!! I mean how dare I want something to last longer than five months. They did offer me a discount on my next tv... more than I paid for the first one!! Total joke!

Original review: April 26, 2018

I had a Pansonic TV for 6 years. Great picture. Panasonic builds a better tv. Construction is solid and quality is high. User interface is well thought out and reliable compared to other brands. Also the TV works better than other brands I have used. Would no longer consider another brand of tv.

Original review: April 24, 2018

Always loved Panasonic products and it was on sale at Best Buy. This is one of the last plasma TVs on the market and I have no complaints about it. Picture quality is excellent, and can be tweaked for a number of settings. It has many input/output jacks including HDMI, USB and standard RCA jacks which work well with my surround-sound system. 60-inch screen makes my living room look like a movie theater. Also has SD card slot for use as a huge picture viewer. Plus, it was priced at only $600.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I own two Panasonic plasma TV's (for more than 9 years now), which I don't think are even being made anymore. The quality of the picture and sound have not changed in any way, and I have moved them at least 8 times since I've owned them. The TV's are built well, perform well and overall, are a great investment due to their longevity.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I purchased this 50" plasma TV in 2006. I purchased the unit thru Circuit City and they had a service that included professional installation. I chose Panasonic as it had the highest quality standards ratings. I've never been disappointed in the outcome of that brand decision.

Original review: April 17, 2018

The television is about 9 years old and it’s like brand new. I believe I received my money's worth buying this quality flat screen Panasonic television and it was less expensive compared to others the same size.

Original review: April 16, 2018

Panasonic is my favorite of all TV choices. My current Panasonic TV is 17 years old and I have never had to have it serviced. It's a bit out of date, i.e. large and boxy, but it continues to provide excellent service.

Original review: April 14, 2018

If you wipe the screen to clean the Panasonic TV it's very difficult to get it clean completely. Only had it for a week and the color was already turning very dull. The bottoms for volume, picture sharpness are extremely hard to get to so you better pray you don't lose the remote.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I've had this TV for 15 years and most of the time it was on. During that time I have had absolutely no problems. Screen size work great for our house... however it's getting to the point of replacement with another one!

Original review: April 6, 2018

I am not satisfied with your product. Very bad. Poor quality. We have bought the Panasonic 40 inch LED television (model no. CTV LED 40 C 200DX) on 20.5.2017. It is nearly 1 year reached but there are so many problems on display. We have registered complaint to Panasonic customer service more than six times. The serviceman come each and every time and checked it. He finally changed the display panel. Even though the display panel has changed, the problem is repeatedly occurring... But the problem was not solved. Our product has 1 year warranty.

Original review: March 24, 2018

My LED TV (LED 50: TH-L5056D) I purchased just around Sept-Oct 2012 and has worked good for some 5+ years. It was all OK but all of sudden TV has developed thin shady lines for more than 7-8 inches from the bottom of the screen. Extremely dissatisfied with the quality as my earlier LCD from Phillips has been working for more than 16 years without problems. Overall has been OK but all of sudden some has turned into unpleasant experience.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I purchased my TV on the 10/07/17. I contacted Panasonic on the 20/12/17 to report a manufacturing default. The tv was collected by the service centre for repair and returned on the 18/1/18 after two repair attempts, one being a lost screen and almost a month later. The tv was returned with a replacement screen with worst defects. It was collected after many phone calls for inspection and was told that a replacement may be authorized as the tv had already been repaired once, but it would need to be collected for inspection. The service centre has confirmed that the repair has been unsuccessful and again is defective due to a poor manufacturing process.

As I have already had previous repairs I have said I want the tv replaced as the Consumer Right Act 2015 allows me to refuse further repairs. Panasonic have refused to replace my tv and placed a deadlock on the case. I now am £2499 out of pocket and no tv as the service centre has it. I am registered disabled and money is tight, so I cannot afford to buy a new one. They have potentially robbed a disabled person of £2499 and left them without a tv. Over the past couple of months I have on occasion been verbally abused by customer services representatives and lied to and promised call backs which have not happened. The customer service is disgraceful. I strongly suggest to avoid this unlawful shameful company like the plague!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

In late 2014 I purchased a Panasonic Television Model TX32A-AS600B. This was a 'State Of The Art' TV of that time with Freesat's Freetime included. The TV has worked fine until now but for some reason it has disabled the "ITV Hub" app . It now has no facility to watch catch up on TV programmes. I contacted Panasonic who told me "The ITV Hub App has been disabled on all Panasonic models prior to 2015", my model included. To make clear, It is no longer available for me or anyone else who has a Panasonic TV with Freesat's Freetime, purchased before 2015 to receive the ITV Hub. HOW CAN THIS BE!

Is it Panasonic or ITV who have done this? Are we expected to by a new TV every two years because the manufacturer will pull the plug on apps once the TV is two years old? I bought another Panasonic TV last year and the ITV Hub still works, but for how long? How can a major respected manufacturer treat their customers like this! I find it incredible they can get away with it.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I have purchased Panasonic 43 inch LED TV (TH-43D350DX) having serial no 166PS05S12616 online on 7 Aug 2016 but it has developed slightly dim screen problem on upper side, so we contacted Panasonic authorised service, service person after conducting inspection told us that it had display issue and panel will be replaced at the cost of customer @27000/- or they will repair it by changing some parts to get display rectified. Now I need advice to sort the issue as cost involved in rectifying tv display is too high in such a short span of buying. It is just that we are buying second tv.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I have had the TV for five years and never a problem. Picture is a good quality, blacks are a little cloudy, but not overwhelming. All in all a good value at the time.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I paid less for this brand than the one I had before and it's all around much better. I have never had a problem with TV. Performs very well and picture is excellent and stereo sound also.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

It has always had a very good picture and color. It is a very good TV. And I have not had any problems with it and have had it for 10 years.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I have a 40" flatscreen and it was 5 years old when it was given to me by a friend, and I've had it 6 years and it still performs like it's brand new!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

Repair regarding Panasonic LED TV - On the subject cited above, I would like to bring to your notice that the above-mentioned LED TV 42 size was purchased by me from Dreams Electronics, Sector No.11, Gandhi Nagar, Gujarat vide Invoice No.** dated 5th September 2016, Model No. PANASONIC LED-TH-40A400DX, SR. NO.14RDJ00915 for a sum of Rs.37,000 (Rupees Thirty Seven Thousand) only which inclusive of all taxes. The said TV was installed in my residence on 08/09/2016 at **. However just one year of completion, the LED TV has become repair on 11/09/17 and the same was got repair through company Technician on 14/09/17 from the Authorized Service Centre for Panasonic Private Ltd., DRB Agencies and paid a sum of Rs.3,000/- for the repair of TV by replacing A-Board.

In this regard, I already lodge a complaint/booked in your esteem company on 12/09/17. But, no reply has been received by me from your office in response to complaint email dated 12/09/17. Again the LED TV has not been functioning properly in my residence and the same problem is persist again. Thus within span of 13 months, the said TV has became repair twice. Due to continuous problem, I am not in a position to make repair again and again by spending huge amount. Therefore, considering the problem in TV, you are requested to take needy action immediately to change the above TV and a new one may be installed in place of the above LED TV for smooth running as it will beneficial to the customer. In case, if you are failed to do so, I inclined to proceed to Customer Court against the Company concerned for not providing LED TV to the customer of good condition.

Panasonic expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1918, Panasonic is one of Japan's largest electronics producers. Its lineup of Viera-branded LED LCD TVs includes Ultra HD sets that range in size from 55 to 85 inches.

• Studio Master Drive: A type of booster for 4K TVs, this technology produces even more vivid picture details and richer, more natural colors during darker scenes.

• LED backlight: An advanced design, LED backlighting produces a wider color range on TV screens.

• Intuitive design: The smart home screen is designed to adapt to you and give you just the content and apps you want; plus, you can use your remote by speaking into it.

• XUMO Discovery: Content is recommended to you based on what you've previously watched through Amazon, Netflix and other apps.

• Separate processing: The Quad Core Pro engine separates the smart TV processing from the picture processing, so content streams smoother and pictures are crisper.

• Best for: Movie and TV connoisseurs.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs