Find the Best Vitamins Online
Compare Reviews for Top Vitamins Online
|LuckyVitamin.com||Read 9,939 Reviews|
LuckyVitamin.com is an online vitamin and supplement store that offers discount prices on a wide selection of health items including vitamins, nutritional supplements, personal care, herbs and even food and snacks.
|Puritan's Pride||Read 57 Reviews|
Puritan’s Pride® is a manufacturer of vitamins, herbs and other health supplements. Its website offers price matching; free shipping on orders over $49.95; and a one-year, no-questions-asked guarantee on every purchase.
|Vitacost||Read 185 Reviews|
Vitacost is an online health store with over 45,000 products. It offers rolling deals and discounts up to 50 percent off retail prices. Get free shipping on orders over $49 and sign up for auto-delivery for more savings.
|Vitamin Shoppe||Read 117 Reviews|
The Vitamin Shoppe is a health store with over 700 retail locations in the United States and Puerto Rico and a complete online store. It carries over 26,000 supplements and offers an auto-delivery program.
|GNC||Read 56 Reviews|
GNC sell vitamins, minerals and herbal supplement as well as sports nutrition and diet products. They offer auto-delivery, a rewards program and free shipping with a minimum purchase. GNC is headquartered in Pittsburgh.
|Vitamin World||Read 41 Reviews|
Vitamin World® carries a large selection of vitamins, supplements and other health products in its retail and online stores. Sign up for its Savings Passport program to earn rewards, and enjoy free shipping on orders over $39.
Shop vitamins, supplements, toiletries, home goods, groceries and fitness supplies. Offers frequent sales and promotions. Ships from climate-controlled facility for freshness. Free shipping on most orders over $49.
|Bronson Vitamins||Read Author Review|
Bronson is a Utah-based health supplement manufacturer and distributor. It offers over 450 natural health items including vitamins, multivitamins, herbs, minerals and supplements. The products are guaranteed for a full year.
|IdealVitamins||Read Author Review|
IdealVitamins is a family-owned online health supplement retailer based in Florida. It offers a rewards program and referral bonus as well as auto-delivery services and free shipping on qualifying orders.
|iHerb||Read Author Review|
iHerb is one of the largest distributors of vitamins, supplements and other natural products in the world. It has distribution centers in California and Kentucky and guarantees its vitamins for freshness.
How to choose an online vitamin store
Look for a large selection
Online vitamin stores usually carry a lot more inventory than retail stores. Look for a store with a large selection to be sure you’ll find what you need.
- Brands and price points: It helps if the store carries many brands of the same item because they usually come at different price points. For instance, if you want to purchase a probiotic, the store with only one or two options might be less appealing than the one with an entire section.
- Other types of items: Many online vitamin stores also carry other health-related items like snacks, drinks, beauty products, aromatherapy oils, sunscreen and more. Purchasing several items at once instead of just one or two can save you money on shipping. It’s also an eco-friendly choice since it uses less transportation and packing materials.
Find out about shipping costs
Shipping costs often determine whether shopping online for vitamins is a smart financial choice or not.
- Free shipping: Most online vitamin stores offer free shipping if you spend at least a minimum amount of money, usually around $50 or so. Unless you plan to order a lot each time, it makes sense to look for a company with a low order minimum to qualify for free shipping.
- International shipping: If you are ordering from outside the United States or need the order shipped to someone in another country, find out how much it will cost. Since some supplements may not be available in other countries, it makes sense to shop around for a company with low international shipping rates.
See if it has a rewards program
Most online vitamin stores offer a customer loyalty program with rewards you earn after enough purchases. If you plan to shop for vitamins or other supplements frequently, it pays to choose a company with a great rewards program.
- Points per dollar spent: Many stores offer a free rewards program where you earn a set amount of points per pre-tax dollar spent. When you have enough points, you can redeem them for a product or a dollar amount off your next purchase. Find out how many points you need to earn a certificate and if points expire.
- Paid memberships: Some online vitamin stores offer rewards programs that require a paid membership, usually purchased annually. These memberships offer benefits like discounts, free shipping and samples. Paid memberships are usually best for very frequent shoppers.
- Referral programs: Some companies will provide rewards if you refer friends to their website. If someone you refer makes a purchase, you can receive a discount code or points in your rewards account.
Look for convenient delivery options
Online stores are only as convenient as their delivery options. Look for a store that has several options.
- Quick reorder: Some online stores let you log into your account and click a single button to reorder items you’ve purchased in the past. They save your orders so you won’t have to remember which size, flavor or brand you chose last time.
- Auto-delivery subscription: If you use the same product every day, a subscription service can save you time. You choose your product and how often you want to receive it, and the store automatically charges your credit card each time they ship the product. Some stores offer incentives like a small discount or free shipping on items purchased through auto-delivery.
- Express shipping: Sometimes you need your vitamins or supplements quickly and can’t wait for the standard shipping time of several days. See if the company offers express overnight or two-day shipping at a reasonable price.
- In-store pick up: If the online vitamin store has a brick-and-mortar retail location near you, it might be helpful if the store offers free in-store pickup. Most stores don’t charge shipping and allow you to pick up your order the same day, saving you time and allowing you to get the items quickly.
Find out if the products are guaranteed
Many online vitamin stores guarantee their products. If you don’t like the product or it doesn’t work for you, you can get your money back. Read the fine print before placing your order.
- How long does the guarantee last?: Some stores guarantee their products for a set amount of time: 30, 60 or 90 days after your date of purchase are common. Some stores need to receive the item by the specified date, while others require the item to be postmarked by that date.
- Do you have to pay return shipping?: Sometimes companies pay the return shipping themselves, and other times they ask you to cover it. Some companies even require you to purchase expensive shipping packages or pay extra for shipping insurance. This can make it impractical to return an item you didn’t like, especially if the item costs less than the cost of return shipping.
- Do you have to pay a restocking fee?: Some companies claim to back their products but then require you to pay a restocking fee if you return an item. Couple that with return shipping and it may not be worth it financially to return a product even if it doesn’t work.
- Does the guarantee only apply to certain products?: Some online vitamin stores only guarantee certain products. This is most common with stores that sell their own private label. Find out if the items you need to purchase will be included in a money-back guarantee.
What can you buy at an online vitamin store?
You can find all your standard vitamins like Vitamin A, Vitamin C and multivitamins at online vitamin stores. You can also find compounds that target specific issues like joint support, energy support or women’s health.
Appetite suppressants, meal-replacement shakes and other weight loss products are staples of most vitamin and health stores.
Many online vitamin stores sell extracts, herbs, essential oils and other homeopathic remedies that some people believe can help with various health issues. For instance, you can buy turmeric, cinnamon and milk thistle extracts.
In addition to standard vitamins, you can buy things like protein powders, probiotics, DHA, enzymes and other supplements to help you reach fitness goals or maintain a healthy body.
Beauty and personal care
Online vitamin stores often carry beauty and personal care products like skin creams, cosmetics, hair care products and soaps. These products are made with natural ingredients and sometimes have health benefits like anti-aging, sun protection, sleep enhancement or blemish repair.
What are the benefits of buying your vitamins online?
Your local vitamin store can only carry so many products, but online stores can keep a large inventory in warehouses and even outsource orders to suppliers. Some online vitamin stores carry thousands of brands and tens of thousands of products.
You can shop online from the comfort of your own home and have your order delivered to your doorstep. Most people in the continental United States can get their items in a matter of days.
Online stores don’t have to pay for the upkeep of a brick-and-mortar store and can buy their inventory in bulk. This often translates to savings for shoppers. You can also comparison shop from store to store to find the best price, track websites for sales and join rewards programs to save even more.
Vitamins online FAQ
- What is vitamin E good for?
- According to Mayo Clinic, vitamin E is vital for the health of your:
- Reproductive system
- Immune system
In addition to supporting these organs and systems, vitamin E has antioxidant properties, which might defend your cells against free radical damage. Not getting enough vitamin E has the potential to cause nerve pain. For adults, the daily recommended amount is 15 milligrams.
- When should I take my vitamins?
- It depends on what vitamins you’re taking.
- If you’re taking water-soluble vitamins such as B-complex vitamins or vitamin C, take those in the morning on an empty stomach.
- If you’re taking fat-soluble vitamins like vitamins E, K, D and A, take those with a food that has some fat for better absorption.
Ultimately, you should take your vitamins when you’re most likely to remember to take them daily.
- What supplements do doctors recommend?
- Supplements can help fill in nutrient gaps in your diet. Doctors have recommended guidelines for specific groups, such as women who are pregnant, people older than 50 and people with certain medical conditions. You should always talk with your doctor before taking any supplements because they may interact with medications you are currently taking or have adverse effects on medical conditions. For reliable information about supplements and their ingredients, refer to the National Institutes of Health dietary supplement fact sheets.
- What is vitamin A good for?
- Vitamin A supports the functions of several organs, including your:
Vitamin A is also vital for your immune system, vision and reproductive system. People with cystic fibrosis are more likely than others to have a vitamin A deficiency. The daily recommended amount of vitamin A depends on several things, including your age and whether you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Consult your doctor before adding a vitamin A supplement to your diet.
- Are liquid vitamins better than capsules?
- No, liquid vitamins are not necessarily better than pills. Manufacturers claim that liquids absorb better, but that theory lacks definitive scientific evidence.
- What are natural supplements?
- Natural supplements come directly from whole food sources that contain the supplement, such as plants or animals. For example, a natural vitamin A supplement would be made from green leafy vegetables, such as spinach, or yellow or orange vegetables, such as carrots.
- What time of day should you take your multivitamin?
- You should take your multivitamin with your first meal because it absorbs best when you take it with food. When you take your multivitamin early in the day, you give your body the best chance of it absorbing with all the food you eat throughout the day. If possible, make sure the meal you take with your multivitamin has some fat for the best absorption of fat-soluble vitamins like A, D, E and K.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Compare Reviews for Top Vitamins Online
|ProHealth||Read Author Review|
ProHealth is a natural wellness store for people with chronic illness, particularly fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome or Lyme disease. It sells supplements targeting health issues along with other items to promote wellness.
|Swanson Vitamins||Read Author Review|
Swanson Health Products is an online health store that offers its own line of vitamins, supplements, herbal extracts and more. It offers many sales and discounts, and its private-label brand is guaranteed.
|The Natural||Read Author Review|
The Natural is an online store specializing in herbs, vitamins and supplements. It employs naturopathic doctors to help you find the right vitamins for your needs. It offers a 90-day, no-questions-asked return policy.
Information in this guide is general in nature and is intended for informational purposes only; it is not legal, health, investment or tax advice. ConsumerAffairs.com makes no representation as to the accuracy of the information provided and assumes no liability for any damages or loss arising from its use.