2.91/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Vitamin World

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

34 Vitamin World Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I was contacted them and they left a message. I called back and the guy said he had to put me on hold to check the order. I told him it was not ok to do this. It only takes a few seconds to check this information AND I had already given him all the info and he verified it. Then he said he needed to put me on hold to

transfer the call. I advised him in the future he might want to just say he can’t help and he needs to transfer he call. He proceeded to hang up and disconnected the call. I will never order from them again. If I’d known Amazon sold their stuff I’d would have ordered from Amazon. Hopefully I will get my order. If I don’t I will be calling the credit card company and getting my money back as goods not received. I like their products but by them closing so many stores and poor customer service, I’m done with them.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

In general, I try to help out smaller companies, however, after my recent interaction with Vitamin World's phone customer service and online chat customer service, I will be heading over to Amazon for my order subscription. Vitamin World has zero flexibility and I find them to be deceiving. I was charged $5.99 shipping for a $12 bottle of vitamins that I subscribed to receive every month. Be aware you must spend $25 to receive free shipping. Even the customer service agent couldn't find it - took him 5 minutes to get back to me on where it was written on their website.

Get expert buying tips about Vitamins Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

You would think that after closes many of the store they at least will be providing a good online service. Mistakenly placed an order, tried to cancel - NO WAY! They won't cancel your order any conditions. Need to switch to other brands to treat their customers better.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

So I recently received a coupon from Vitamin World. It was for 5$ off any purchase. Naturally I was excited and went and placed an order. Applied my coupon and paid the balance. A few days go by, and no shipping notification. A few more days and I get an order cancellation email, with a note saying not to worry, I hadn't been charged. However, I had. I contacted customer service asking for a reason as to the cancellation. They said all the items I ordered were "out of stock" but when I checked on the website every single item was in fact in stock and available. I pointed this out and they said they all were out of stock the day I ordered. I asked since I had already been charged and the items were now available if I could just have them sent to me.

They refused saying my coupon was no longer valid. They encouraged me to reorder without the coupon. At this point I noticed all the products I planned to order had also been raised in price. I told them I would not be ordering at the higher price and wanted a refund. They tried to tell me I had not been charged. But I had. It took over a week of fighting with them to get refunded the money they took. Terrible customer service and shady business practice.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I am wondering if anyone else shares my frustrations. I have been a member and customer of Vitamin World for about 6 years now. I am on a fixed income and need to shop the sales and discounts to afford what I get. For the last 6 months to a year, when I go to order my products that are on sale there is always some reason why my products do not apply to this sale.

For instance, I received an email informing me about their Buy 1 Get 2 free sale on ALL Vitamin World and Precision Engineered products, plus 20% off of your entire order. I was looking to purchase my whey protein isolate shake. Which because it's Black Friday was on doorbuster for $26.99. I fully expect that the sale would not apply to the sale price, but to the full member price of $57.99. Instead what they do is NOT apply ANY Buy 1 Get 2 sale to any price, sale or regular. And then try and charge you the $26.99 for 3 ($80.97) and then take the 20% off of your order. So that your order totals $64.97 for 3. Instead of the regular member price of $57.99 for my first item and my other two free (As advertised). Essentially charging me $8.00 more for my products than my total should be as advertised.

When I call to inquire about such (this is not my first experience with them scamming their sales this way) they only tell me that I should be happy because I am getting a “sale” price for it. Even if it is charging me more money than it should be as advertised. I have sent emails to customer service as instructed by the sales associate on the phone. Expect a response within 48hrs. I have NEVER received a response to my numerous emails. Today I attempted to leave feedback on the site and it wouldn’t let me submit it.

I truly would love to see us the Vitamin World members (as you have to join and become a member to receive membership prices and sales) start a class action suit against Vitamin World for price gouging and false advertisement. This company is knowing and willingly deceiving its members and gouging them for more money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vitamin World?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I have been a loyal VW customer for several years, but my last experience was enough to make me take my business elsewhere. I started off with me having technical difficulties with a coupon - must have just been a glitch in the system that resolved itself about 6 hours later. Okay, fine. I place my order with the coupon, and everything appears to be fine. I got an email right at the time they closed saying that I needed to call and verify my order. The next day, I got a phone call -they had to leave a message because I couldn't answer the phone - saying that I needed to call back.

I called back as soon as I could. My work hours are hard because I work 12 hour night shifts, and I worked all weekend. The soonest I could get back was yesterday. I spoke with a gentleman who informed me that my order was canceled. I received no indication that my order was subject to cancellation, but he told me I had to respond within 24 hours (again, none of this was communicated via email or voicemail). I told him I wanted to reorder with my discounts applied, and he stated he wasn't able to do that. I told him if they really care about their customers that they should find a way. He put me in touch with his higher up, but that man told me the same thing.

There was zero understanding for my situation. I just got done working 14 hours with no break, then I had to deal with them. Not pleasant at all. I told them that it was not my fault I couldn't get back so I shouldn't have to pay more just because their system screwed up. They apologized, but that's about it. How about you actually DO SOMETHING for your customers! With "service" like that, you can count me out of buying here. You lost a loyal customer, so congratulations.

To top it off, I responded to the email I received, and the guy (Sean **) wrote that I only had 3-6 hours to reply after the email was sent, which was 9 pm CDT on August 10th. Basically, that gave me until 3 am, and they are not open at all during those hours. What chance did I really have to resolve this matter? Zero. Thanks a lot, VW. Your customer service is horrible and inconsistent. You did absolutely nothing for me, so I'm going to check out Vitamin Shoppe instead. I am not afraid to spread the word about my experience and will let others know about your meaningless customer service.

Original review: May 2, 2018

Places an order on 4/30. Called them on 5/2 to see if it was going to ship. They stated that it took 24/48 to process the payment and that they just sent it out to an “outside source” so that source could box it up and ship it. This is the craziest thing I’ve heard. So with that knowledge I asked to just cancel my order. When I said this, they informed me it was too late to cancel and because they had already shipped it to the outside source. At this point, I inquired as to why they couldn’t cancel and they said they no longer had control over the package and that the order had been processed.

So I speak to a supervisor and he informs me that they can’t cancel for the same reasons aforementioned. But tells me I can refuse the package and the charge will not hit my card because it is just an authorization at the moment. So I ask what took 24/48 to process my card before they ship it out to be shipped. And I couldn’t get a straight answer. Absolutely horrible customer service. First time I have dealt with them and it will be the last. GNC may be a little higher but I usually had my products in 2-3 days.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I placed an order 1 week ago. I waited for a whole week and my order status is still In Process. Until I contacted them, I was not aware that my order placed thru Paypal did not even exist in their system. Then I asked them if they could replace my order and rush the shipping since I've been waiting for so long. They told me that's impossible and the only thing I can do is to wait for them to contact me 24-48 hours via email to see if I can get a refund. Totally BS and super unprofessional.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I bought three boxes of their Training Pack, from a store in Woodbury. When I got to the hotel back, to take the supplement, I saw they all expired in February (we are in the last day of April now). I called the store, who refused to refund without me going back there, even though they saw the other boxes there. The clerk even told me it was ok to consume. By phone they don't help, as it's not online. I won't PAY to travel to have my products returned. What I'll do is, take those boxes back to Switzerland, as I won't bother going to the mail here. I'll ship on an express DHL on Vitamin's World account (it will be like 300 USD), and I found a lawyer willing to sue, as we have grounds. Sad that they were not able to solve quicker.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I have now ordered 3 times from VW. Trying to use someone else rather than Amazon. This is my experience: Slow, sooo slow. I'm used to Prime, but instead of 2 days they honestly take 2 weeks. Asked for explanation and got nothing. Invoice - they email blank invoices. Here's your info - blank. Replied with; "Is this my order? Is everything on it? When is it arriving?" Received nothing, sent email to "Contact us." Got nothing. Nothing is Now a trend, it's VW's thing. So I'm done. I've found Vitamin Shoppe - maybe they will be better, they can't be worse.

Vitamin World expert review by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.

Vitamin World® opened in 1977 and now has over 400 retail locations and an online store. It offers a wide product selection and several ways to save money on your purchases, including coupons, a rewards program and free shipping when you spend $39 or more.

• Product selection: Vitamin World has a wide selection of vitamins, supplements and other health items, including some that are hard-to-find. Shop by categories geared to specific health goals like fitness, digestion, weight support, holistic health or beauty, or sort by brand, collection or price.

• Featured coupons: Every month Vitamin World updates the current coupon deals on its website. These might include buy one, get one deals, percent-off coupons or clearance deals.

• Savings Passport® program: Vitamin World’s Savings Passport program is a free way to earn rewards on your purchases. Earn dollar rewards up to 7.5 percent on all your purchases, a special birthday gift and savings up to 50 percent every day. You can earn more benefits if you spend $150 in a three-month period to unlock VIP status.

• Free shipping with minimum purchase: Orders of $39 or more to the contiguous United States ship free.

• Quality promise: Vitamin World tests its products for purity and potency and guarantees your purchase. If you’re not satisfied for any reason, you can return the unused portion within 90 days of purchase for a refund.

• Best for: frequent shoppers and people who need hard-to-find supplements.

Profile picture of Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.
      Rosemary Avance, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Rosemary Avance, Ph.D., uses her social science research background as a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team to help people make smart choices. She researches products, businesses and industries thoroughly, then passes on the most relevant and essential information for consumers looking to make important purchasing decisions.

Vitamin World Company Information