3.24/5
Based on 29 reviews that contain star ratings

29 Vitamin World Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I have been a loyal VW customer for several years, but my last experience was enough to make me take my business elsewhere. I started off with me having technical difficulties with a coupon - must have just been a glitch in the system that resolved itself about 6 hours later. Okay, fine. I place my order with the coupon, and everything appears to be fine. I got an email right at the time they closed saying that I needed to call and verify my order. The next day, I got a phone call -they had to leave a message because I couldn't answer the phone - saying that I needed to call back.

I called back as soon as I could. My work hours are hard because I work 12 hour night shifts, and I worked all weekend. The soonest I could get back was yesterday. I spoke with a gentleman who informed me that my order was canceled. I received no indication that my order was subject to cancellation, but he told me I had to respond within 24 hours (again, none of this was communicated via email or voicemail). I told him I wanted to reorder with my discounts applied, and he stated he wasn't able to do that. I told him if they really care about their customers that they should find a way. He put me in touch with his higher up, but that man told me the same thing.

There was zero understanding for my situation. I just got done working 14 hours with no break, then I had to deal with them. Not pleasant at all. I told them that it was not my fault I couldn't get back so I shouldn't have to pay more just because their system screwed up. They apologized, but that's about it. How about you actually DO SOMETHING for your customers! With "service" like that, you can count me out of buying here. You lost a loyal customer, so congratulations.

To top it off, I responded to the email I received, and the guy (Sean **) wrote that I only had 3-6 hours to reply after the email was sent, which was 9 pm CDT on August 10th. Basically, that gave me until 3 am, and they are not open at all during those hours. What chance did I really have to resolve this matter? Zero. Thanks a lot, VW. Your customer service is horrible and inconsistent. You did absolutely nothing for me, so I'm going to check out Vitamin Shoppe instead. I am not afraid to spread the word about my experience and will let others know about your meaningless customer service.

Original review: May 2, 2018

Places an order on 4/30. Called them on 5/2 to see if it was going to ship. They stated that it took 24/48 to process the payment and that they just sent it out to an “outside source” so that source could box it up and ship it. This is the craziest thing I’ve heard. So with that knowledge I asked to just cancel my order. When I said this, they informed me it was too late to cancel and because they had already shipped it to the outside source. At this point, I inquired as to why they couldn’t cancel and they said they no longer had control over the package and that the order had been processed.

So I speak to a supervisor and he informs me that they can’t cancel for the same reasons aforementioned. But tells me I can refuse the package and the charge will not hit my card because it is just an authorization at the moment. So I ask what took 24/48 to process my card before they ship it out to be shipped. And I couldn’t get a straight answer. Absolutely horrible customer service. First time I have dealt with them and it will be the last. GNC may be a little higher but I usually had my products in 2-3 days.

Get expert buying tips about Vitamins Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I placed an order 1 week ago. I waited for a whole week and my order status is still In Process. Until I contacted them, I was not aware that my order placed thru Paypal did not even exist in their system. Then I asked them if they could replace my order and rush the shipping since I've been waiting for so long. They told me that's impossible and the only thing I can do is to wait for them to contact me 24-48 hours via email to see if I can get a refund. Totally BS and super unprofessional.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I bought three boxes of their Training Pack, from a store in Woodbury. When I got to the hotel back, to take the supplement, I saw they all expired in February (we are in the last day of April now). I called the store, who refused to refund without me going back there, even though they saw the other boxes there. The clerk even told me it was ok to consume. By phone they don't help, as it's not online. I won't PAY to travel to have my products returned. What I'll do is, take those boxes back to Switzerland, as I won't bother going to the mail here. I'll ship on an express DHL on Vitamin's World account (it will be like 300 USD), and I found a lawyer willing to sue, as we have grounds. Sad that they were not able to solve quicker.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I have now ordered 3 times from VW. Trying to use someone else rather than Amazon. This is my experience: Slow, sooo slow. I'm used to Prime, but instead of 2 days they honestly take 2 weeks. Asked for explanation and got nothing. Invoice - they email blank invoices. Here's your info - blank. Replied with; "Is this my order? Is everything on it? When is it arriving?" Received nothing, sent email to "Contact us." Got nothing. Nothing is Now a trend, it's VW's thing. So I'm done. I've found Vitamin Shoppe - maybe they will be better, they can't be worse.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vitamin World?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I order the black seed vitamin about 2 weeks ago. I never received it and I called to find out what happened. They were insisting it was delivered and they expected me to check with the post office. They did not want to send a replacement or refund. So they just stole my money and blame the post office. I'm disputing the charge and I don't recommend to anyone buying anything from this dishonest company.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

On November 19th I placed an online order for $139.81. About two weeks later I did not receive my products and logged on to find a note to call customer service. So I called and spoke to a young lady who said to wait for the charge to drop. She did not want me to get two charges if she created a new order. I ask about getting the original sale price and she assured me that I would get it when I called back. She said that the tea I ordered was out of stock and it prevented my order from going through. The website did not describe the problem which is why I had to call. She said to wait at least one week. So I waited two weeks.

I called back today, December 30th. I spoke to Mary and told her I had called before and that I would like to get my order and I was reassured to get the original sale price listed on my pending order. She said no problem and that she would adjust the price at the end. It took her one hour to add the items in the cart where 3 were no longer available and 4 were on back order. She said the total would be $133. I told her I expected the sale price as is listed on the pending order that is stuck in their database. She said she adjusted what she could and included the present coupon, but she could not adjust it anymore. She did not tell me the individual item's price and she got defensive when I questioned how it could be so much when about 6 items are not available.

These six items totalled $66. I immediately ask to speak to her supervisor. She said all of the following in response to my request..."I don't have one. He is not here. I don't know his name. He won't be back for a while. He is in a meeting. His name is Jeff." It took me 5 minutes to finally get his name. I asked for him to call me back and gave her my information. Naturally, I did not get a call. The worst customer service ever. Promises and lies. In the end I spent 1 hour on the phone today and received nothing. My original order exists but is stuck in their system. They have great products, but I cannot order them online and customer service was a waste of my time.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

Staff are trained to provide crafted and skilled responses and "apologize" profusely. However, errors, mistakes, laziness, false information, and lack of oversight remains a big issue with this company. Without going into details (for privacy reasons), I will say in my opinion this company is having issues on many levels. I feel the front line staff are not being candid and transparent. Instead, they deceive the customer into thinking everything is going smoothly and without gaps when it's not.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I was in the Grapevine Mills store yesterday and my total purchase was over $50.00 so I told the guy I have a coupon for free omega 3 fish oil with $30.00 purchase, he said "sorry I already finished your transaction but you can use that the next time you come in". I told him the coupon expires 11/30 and will not be back before then. All he said was, "I am sorry" but I think he wanted me out of the store fast so he far back to his cell phone because that is what is was doing before I went in the store. I think he could have redo the transaction because there were no other customer in the store. I have been a long time customer and must say a Very Disappointed one.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

They have a good variety of vitamins and the prices are very good and the delivery of the vitamins is quick and inexpensive and the customer service is great also so I like it very much. I went to the website and then I decided which ones I would like to buy and then I filled out and order and gave in all my information to set it up so that it would be delivered to my home address. I think it was great.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

This company has a great selection of products and good prices. They carry many different brands and just about anything I need, even including some food items. They even carry many gluten free products. It was a very pleasant experience. I have purchased online and in store. Shipping was prompt, and any time I have been in a store, the associates were always extremely nice and helpful. I wish that they had more retail locations. I have only seen them inside malls and we have no malls nearby. If they were as readily easy to find as GNC, I would probably choose them.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

Prices are better than most places, and they offer instore and online shopping. I can also return things if they did not work for me! That's What I really like about this place. If anything I would look for lower prices, and maybe a greater variety of items to purchase. Or offer different rates if you currently have a gym membership. That would be awesome to see. It's easy to use, shipping was fast and I can apply discounts. The employees are also very helpful in deciding what the right product for you to use. Used to use GNC but for discounts I had to buy a membership.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I like that I can go online and see what I want and need, there are different vitamins for everything and I like to read what they all do. Makes it easier for me to decide what I want to purchase and I don't have to leave home. I have ordered quite a few times and I have never had any issues or complaints. Customer service is great and delivery was fast. So right now I have no complaints or dislikes. My experience thus far has been great. Prices are also great compared to drug stores.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

I like that they're helpful when you contact them. The woman I spoke with was really helpful and stayed with me until I had finished placing my order. I had trouble navigating the website and getting the cart feature to work. I think a simpler layout would be better. But overall I really like this company. It was a great company with great customer service when I called them and I love their vitamins. They cost a bit more than I like, but you have to pay for quality I guess. They arrived on time and in perfect condition when they said they would.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

Excellent Product that delivers. I like its simplicity and customer service. It is a company that is determined to make others' lives better through their products. Convenience is a great things but finding a company that prides its self in finding what you need is great. Something that could be even better is the discounts for multiple supplements. A point system that works more for the customer. Products great. Organization of products is easy to follow as you can find what you are looking for. Great company. People are friendly and helpful.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

What I like most about this company is that they sell all of the vitamins that I need, want and so much more. I am on a very strict vitamin regimen and I can always find exactly what I am looking for. Their associates are also extremely helpful when it comes to helping me find what I need and recommending new products for me to try as well. While for the most part I really enjoy shopping and dealing with this company, I do feel like they should lower their prices. I often find the same product somewhere else at a lower price. IF they will not lower prices, maybe they should try sending out more coupons or offering more sales, such as buy one get one free or half off. My overall experience with this company has been incredible. Their customer service is equally as amazing and any issue I ever had was resolved quickly and in my favor. Shipping and delivery is fast and affordable. I could not be more pleased. Awesome, satisfactory and top-notch.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

Great customer service with a very well knowledgeable staff, it is a company that I would strongly recommend to a friend or family member and would definitely consider going back and continue purchasing their products. I am very happy with them as a customer.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

The company is big, well known, and trustworthy. I like the big selection of vitamins that Vitamin World has available. The price is good as well as the cost for the shipping. I have had good experiences with them. The product I ordered arrived on time and I was very happy with my purchase. Everything is good quality.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

Closed a deal at the website, 1pc Ester-C® 1000 mg with Citrus Bioflavonoids and 6 pcs of Probiotic 10, total, $231.89. Day of the receipt 28th of June 2017, order nº # **, which was shipped by the next day, according to the email I received. They provided a tracking number (**) which doesn't work, but I didn't know at the time. So at the email I received, they say it may take 4 to 6 weeks to arrive (int'l shipping), but it's more than 7 at this point and I didn't receive the package yet. Today is the 18th of Aug 2017. I've called +18666678977, for the 3rd time with no success, meaning they put you on hold for several minutes and when they come back they bring always another different story. I just want my money back since it's too long and I didn't receive the product. Thanks.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

I count on Vitamin World for many things. I can't imagine not having one close by. Customer service is excellent and their process is efficient. I never have to wait. Their employees are always helpful and well informed. Any employee is willing to answer a question. They know exactly what I'm asking even if I don't have a lot of information to give. I can always count on getting what I need without wasting time or sales pressure. They have excellent selection and quality products. Vitamin D and nutrition products are always consistent and reliable. Never a hassle to check out too. But I would like higher rewards from them, especially because I am a loyal customer. Maybe have the things I buy on sale at all times with extra coupons too. Other than that, very satisfied customer.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I came upon this site in a search and really liked it. Great store. They offer a wide selection of products at a competitive price compared to other online vitamin companies. All I needed in one spot. They have fast and easy checkout and lots of payment options. Also shipping was fast, free and included in my order thanks. Thanks again for a great order.

But the layout of the site made some things confusing. Layout is hard to read and navigate. And I had issues with the payment process at first. Customer service was lacking. A very rude assistant helped me online. I called in only to be greeted by more rudeness and treated like I was dumb for not knowing everyone already and how exactly it worked. But maybe I just caught them on a bad day. Overall was pretty happy except for the lousy customer service. Need some work. Prices and fast shipping isn't worth it. I won't be back but wouldn't discourage others from trying Vitamin World's product. Thanks but think I'll shop around.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

Vitamin World is very affordable which is very nice for someone like me who lives on a very tight budget. It's really nice for someone who is a college student at an expensive university. I would make it have more stores around the country. I have to travel pretty far to get to my nearest one. I drive over forty miles to even find one. They should be accessible in every Walmart. But it's very helpful and very fast. When I order something online it usually comes within a week which is amazing. I have never had to call them but I imagine it would be a wonderful conversation as this company seems very cool and professional.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

It was easy to select a product. I like the offers and discounts, the web page design and the time to deliver the product. There is a wide selection of products from different categories as vitamins, proteins, probiotics, supplements, herbs, holistic, diets, etc. Maybe they would consider to have brick and mortar place in each state, the way the product is presented so that anyone can try a sample.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

Awesome, Great, Superior. They are clean, work fast, efficient, smart, there when you need them the most. I would like to see more stores around the globe and more online choices though perhaps. Very enjoyable, they do things on-time, they are always polite and always to-the-point, they always treat me very well, and are always just right. I would say at all times they are always ready to help.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

Great customer service and prices. I really like how much they have to offer and sell to the public. The amount of variety helps me choose which brands and products are right for me to use for my health. Also, I find this company does not need to change a single thing regarding its policies, business practices, customer service or brand loyalty. I found the products I needed easily the last time I used their website to search for a specific vitamin. Shipping was fast and it was easy to pay for the delivery, which came in a timely fashion. Overall I was very satisfied with my purchase.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

Vitamin World has everything I need. Anytime I am looking for something they have it. They have great vitamin C and melatonin. But they should have more vitamins in the shop that focus on weight loss and energy.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

Their product selection was very good and prices were reasonable. Their customer service was great. They were able to answer all my questions and help me make an informed decision. They were very helpful too. I had no issues from website to delivery. Delivery was very quick and everything went great. Actually spent less than I would have at a local store. They even had a better selection than my local stores. They were very nice to work with and I highly recommend them. I will be a returning customer.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

My experience with Vitamin World was very awesomely amazing. The delivery was fast and easy and the shopping experience was streamlined and felt safe and secure. I like the variety of vitamin options I have. I can buy any kind of vitamin or mineral I want here with the ease of one button click. I love it a lot. I most definitely would recommend it to anyone who asked me about buying vitamins.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I like that the website is very easy to navigate, and the checkout process is simple and easy. Whenever I need assistance, the customer service representatives are very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. I receive my orders in a very timely manner and sometimes even receive them earlier than expected. I have been extremely happy with their company and extremely pleased with the large selection of products and the excellent customer service.

Vitamin World expert review by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.

Vitamin World® opened in 1977 and now has over 400 retail locations and an online store. It offers a wide product selection and several ways to save money on your purchases, including coupons, a rewards program and free shipping when you spend $39 or more.

• Product selection: Vitamin World has a wide selection of vitamins, supplements and other health items, including some that are hard-to-find. Shop by categories geared to specific health goals like fitness, digestion, weight support, holistic health or beauty, or sort by brand, collection or price.

• Featured coupons: Every month Vitamin World updates the current coupon deals on its website. These might include buy one, get one deals, percent-off coupons or clearance deals.

• Savings Passport® program: Vitamin World’s Savings Passport program is a free way to earn rewards on your purchases. Earn dollar rewards up to 7.5 percent on all your purchases, a special birthday gift and savings up to 50 percent every day. You can earn more benefits if you spend $150 in a three-month period to unlock VIP status.

• Free shipping with minimum purchase: Orders of $39 or more to the contiguous United States ship free.

• Quality promise: Vitamin World tests its products for purity and potency and guarantees your purchase. If you’re not satisfied for any reason, you can return the unused portion within 90 days of purchase for a refund.

• Best for: frequent shoppers and people who need hard-to-find supplements.

Profile picture of Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.
Rosemary Avance, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Rosemary Avance, Ph.D., uses her social science research background as a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team to help people make smart choices. She researches products, businesses and industries thoroughly, then passes on the most relevant and essential information for consumers looking to make important purchasing decisions.

Vitamin World Company Information