Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.67/5

Vitamin World Reviews

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

On January 29th, while checking my bank balance over the phone, I discovered there were 4 unauthorized charges. These charges were to companies I'd never done business with - EVER- and they caused my checking acct. to be significantly overdrawn. I called my bank & they immediately killed my debit card, and told me these were only "Pre-authorizations"; and that if I contacted the vendors, and they agreed not to fulfill the orders, I would not be charged for the items purchased ONLINE. The bank gave me the phone #'s of the companies & I telephoned them. Vitamin World was the ONLY vendor who said it didn't have the means to stop the $220.35 order; that they WERE going to still ship it out - which it did - 2 days later - and that I could dispute the $220.35 with my bank at a later date.

I spoke with numerous people over numerous days with numerous calls, and they STILL shipped out $220.35 worth of stuff & billed it to me. They told me there was just simply no way to "stop the process". I told them I didn't believe them at all, and if it had been coming out of their acct, they'd have found a way to stop it. "Sonya" was contacted 1-29-20 at 2:19 pm & we talked for 23 minutes. My bank told me that the amount had been "pre-authorized" that day, and if VW did not continue with it, it would fall off. My acct would not be charged. Other vendors agreed not to send; not VW. I guess they thought I'd just let it go - while they sent the stuff to another state & my part only included paying for it. In my opinion, this is a despicable practice & this company is complicit with the fraudulent activity on my card.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

I have been a customer for many years and I used to be happy with the company. Recently, within the past six months I have had some problems. The first problem I had was receiving a box with an incorrect packing slip. The slip showed two items shipped, but I only received one of the items. When I called, they opened an inquiry or whatever they called it. I was then told that based on the weight of box, I did receive both items.

I was very upset because I did NOT receive one of the items. They said they would reopen the inquiry and let me know. This was the second time they told me they would be in contact. I never heard back from them either time! So I called AGAIN and insisted that I speak to a manager. After speaking to this person, he stated that there was actually some discrepancy on the weight of items ordered. Again I was told that I would hear from them and AGAIN. I never did! A while later I did notice a credit to my bank card for item that I never received.

Now on January 25, 2020 I found a charge on my card from Vitamin World. When I checked my Vitamin World account to see what the charge is for, I am unable to find any order that has shipped. The item I was supposedly sent back before was on backorder and never did ship, so I thought it was finally coming, but NO it doesn't look like it. So now I have to figure out what the charge (which is over $60.00) is for. But of course when I called, I was unable to reach anyone. I really have an uneasy feeling about what's going on. I don't feel like this company is trustworthy anymore. As soon as I get my money back, I'm going to cancel any future orders and cut ties with this shady company. It's pretty sad because I never used to have problems and I have been a customer for many years. The chief operating staff had better get a handle on this nonsense, before they lose all of their loyal customers.

Get expert buying tips about Vitamins Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

I ordered online, since we don't have a VW store in Germany. After I ordered I received an order notification, and a request to verify my order?! After I verified my order I heard nothing for 11 days, so I contacted them again and they said my order is "ready for carrier" and I get a tracking number as soon it is out of the warehouse. So after 4 more days I haven't got any number, so I contacted them again and they said that my order "might have shipped out already" but they don't have the "visibility to see the tracking details" of my order and I get an email from UPS. Which I got, but I only got the process of my order, where it was on which day. And UPS got my package already before I contacted VW for the first time.

The tracking history stopped in Germany, and when I look for my package with the number, UPS says that the package is in transit by post office, since 22 days (yes twenty two). So I contacted VW again and they told me that I should contact my local post office to check where it is. I contacted UPS and they told me that gave my package is to a different carrier and every issues that I might have need to be addressed to the sender of my package, so VW. But they say that I need to contact the local post office. How are they suppose to check on my package with only a tracking number from the American UPS. And the only answer from VW now is to check their should "kindly refer to their shipping policy". I will never order there again, I really liked their store in Florida and I thought ordering online would be a good idea, but I should have checked their reviews first. I am very disappointed and I hope that I get my money back somehow.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

I have been ordering from Vitamin World for a number of years. I had visited their actual storefront operation when it was in my area. They closed it a couple of years ago. I have been trying to order online for the last few days. I could not call them during their business hours over the weekend and a few days before. I tried ordering something that was on sale and every time I tried put it in my cart it would say "Ooops...Looks like you took the wrong turn." That happened over and over again. The next day when I called customer service to let them know the error message I received he said he did not know what happened. I asked him since it would not take my order could I get the sale price since I called in. He said "No, sorry. You will have to wait until it is on sale again. Check back every day because sometimes it is on sale for just that day."

Fast forward to tonight from two weeks ago, I just tried ordering something online again tonight and the same thing happened tonight when I tried to put it in my shopping cart "Ooops....Looks like you took a wrong turn." Looks like I will find another vitamin store to order from since they seem to not worry about fixing their online site problems.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I ordered a product off the internet to have it delivered to the store. I open the box and it was not what I ordered. Brought it back to the store the manager tried to rectify the situation by ordering what I wanted however associate claims they're having issues with their internet. I called customer service to see if I can get a tracking number and they couldn't find me. Their customer service is from India I got some guy who went by the name of Mike..Give me a break. They in turn tell you to call the store. The store tells you to call customer service. Needless to say I'm sure Vitamin World Is Good if you walk in and buy but I wouldn't buy from them online again. Besides you can go to cheaper places like Swanson Vitamins, a pharmacy or Amazon with no hassles. I suspect Vitamin World will sooner or later go belly-up now. They don't know how to compete.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vitamin World?

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I was contacted them and they left a message. I called back and the guy said he had to put me on hold to check the order. I told him it was not ok to do this. It only takes a few seconds to check this information AND I had already given him all the info and he verified it. Then he said he needed to put me on hold to

transfer the call. I advised him in the future he might want to just say he can’t help and he needs to transfer he call. He proceeded to hang up and disconnected the call. I will never order from them again. If I’d known Amazon sold their stuff I’d would have ordered from Amazon. Hopefully I will get my order. If I don’t I will be calling the credit card company and getting my money back as goods not received. I like their products but by them closing so many stores and poor customer service, I’m done with them.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

In general, I try to help out smaller companies, however, after my recent interaction with Vitamin World's phone customer service and online chat customer service, I will be heading over to Amazon for my order subscription. Vitamin World has zero flexibility and I find them to be deceiving. I was charged $5.99 shipping for a $12 bottle of vitamins that I subscribed to receive every month. Be aware you must spend $25 to receive free shipping. Even the customer service agent couldn't find it - took him 5 minutes to get back to me on where it was written on their website.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

You would think that after closes many of the store they at least will be providing a good online service. Mistakenly placed an order, tried to cancel - NO WAY! They won't cancel your order any conditions. Need to switch to other brands to treat their customers better.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

So I recently received a coupon from Vitamin World. It was for 5$ off any purchase. Naturally I was excited and went and placed an order. Applied my coupon and paid the balance. A few days go by, and no shipping notification. A few more days and I get an order cancellation email, with a note saying not to worry, I hadn't been charged. However, I had. I contacted customer service asking for a reason as to the cancellation. They said all the items I ordered were "out of stock" but when I checked on the website every single item was in fact in stock and available. I pointed this out and they said they all were out of stock the day I ordered. I asked since I had already been charged and the items were now available if I could just have them sent to me.

They refused saying my coupon was no longer valid. They encouraged me to reorder without the coupon. At this point I noticed all the products I planned to order had also been raised in price. I told them I would not be ordering at the higher price and wanted a refund. They tried to tell me I had not been charged. But I had. It took over a week of fighting with them to get refunded the money they took. Terrible customer service and shady business practice.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I am wondering if anyone else shares my frustrations. I have been a member and customer of Vitamin World for about 6 years now. I am on a fixed income and need to shop the sales and discounts to afford what I get. For the last 6 months to a year, when I go to order my products that are on sale there is always some reason why my products do not apply to this sale.

For instance, I received an email informing me about their Buy 1 Get 2 free sale on ALL Vitamin World and Precision Engineered products, plus 20% off of your entire order. I was looking to purchase my whey protein isolate shake. Which because it's Black Friday was on doorbuster for $26.99. I fully expect that the sale would not apply to the sale price, but to the full member price of $57.99. Instead what they do is NOT apply ANY Buy 1 Get 2 sale to any price, sale or regular. And then try and charge you the $26.99 for 3 ($80.97) and then take the 20% off of your order. So that your order totals $64.97 for 3. Instead of the regular member price of $57.99 for my first item and my other two free (As advertised). Essentially charging me $8.00 more for my products than my total should be as advertised.

When I call to inquire about such (this is not my first experience with them scamming their sales this way) they only tell me that I should be happy because I am getting a “sale” price for it. Even if it is charging me more money than it should be as advertised. I have sent emails to customer service as instructed by the sales associate on the phone. Expect a response within 48hrs. I have NEVER received a response to my numerous emails. Today I attempted to leave feedback on the site and it wouldn’t let me submit it.

I truly would love to see us the Vitamin World members (as you have to join and become a member to receive membership prices and sales) start a class action suit against Vitamin World for price gouging and false advertisement. This company is knowing and willingly deceiving its members and gouging them for more money.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Vitamin World expert review by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.

Vitamin World® opened in 1977 and now has over 400 retail locations and an online store. It offers a wide product selection and several ways to save money on your purchases, including coupons, a rewards program and free shipping when you spend $39 or more.

• Product selection: Vitamin World has a wide selection of vitamins, supplements and other health items, including some that are hard-to-find. Shop by categories geared to specific health goals like fitness, digestion, weight support, holistic health or beauty, or sort by brand, collection or price.

• Featured coupons: Every month Vitamin World updates the current coupon deals on its website. These might include buy one, get one deals, percent-off coupons or clearance deals.

• Savings Passport® program: Vitamin World’s Savings Passport program is a free way to earn rewards on your purchases. Earn dollar rewards up to 7.5 percent on all your purchases, a special birthday gift and savings up to 50 percent every day. You can earn more benefits if you spend $150 in a three-month period to unlock VIP status.

• Free shipping with minimum purchase: Orders of $39 or more to the contiguous United States ship free.

• Quality promise: Vitamin World tests its products for purity and potency and guarantees your purchase. If you’re not satisfied for any reason, you can return the unused portion within 90 days of purchase for a refund.

• Best for: frequent shoppers and people who need hard-to-find supplements.

by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Rosemary Avance, Ph.D., uses her social science research background as a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team to help people make smart choices. She researches products, businesses and industries thoroughly, then passes on the most relevant and essential information for consumers looking to make important purchasing decisions.

Vitamin World Company Information