Find a Vitamins Online partner

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

Vitamin World Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vitamin World?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vitamin World?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

First off all Ct stores closed in 2017 of Vitamin World and their online products became scarce as well. My husband and I and our grown sons all shopped at the Waterbury CT location. The staff especially the lady mgr were outstanding! Very sad to see them go. Needless to say we had spent alot of money there over the years and had their membership when they closed. I tried to shop online and always had trouble using my point coupons. I had earned 165.00 to which suddenly they couldn't find my account even though I had my account number and they had 1 excuse after another on why they couldn't make good on the coupon. So I lost on that as well so I clearly stopped doing business with this company after many years of being a loyal customer.

I later ran into an employee who had told me how the company didn't give the employees any closing notice except 2 days and that was during Christmas weekend and how they still wanted the employees to come in and pack up their store on Christmas day! How awful and then they ended up screwing the mgr out of her severance package as well as a few other employees! She was the best thing to happen to them. I wouldn't have been a loyal customer there had it not been for her excellent customer service and wealth of knowledge.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

I'm a diabetic and needed Alpha Lipoic acid for neuropathy. It's not something you can find everywhere. You can find several types there. Some are time released. That's helpful. Also they dont run out. The only problem is they only have a few locations and you have always to drive.

Get buying tips about Vitamins Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 8, 2020

I was recommended this product by Samuel working in the vitamin world. Extremely helpful and provides deep insights into how the product works and the correct way to consume with the right dosage. I am 45 years old and it's been 3 months I started using Biotin 10,000mcg. My hair is stronger than before and thicker in subject to anti-hair fall. Vitamin World is mostly out of stock on many products. If I call to inquire about my product, their sales team starts selling other products but not the one I need. I always ask for Samuel when I call because he is very patient with me and provides applicable assistance.

Original review: April 7, 2020

With my friend's strong recommendation, I bought 4 bottles of 400mg EChinacea from Vitamin World. The vitamins arrived on time in good condition. However, I read the label stating "Carefully manufactured FOR Vitamin World USA Corp." This is misleading and should clearly state the true manufacturer and where it was actually manufactured.

Based on my research, Vitamin world uses a third party vendors for their products. I also found out that in 2018, Vitamin World USA Corp was purchased by FEIHE Int'l Inc. (a leader of infant milk manufacturer and distributor in China), a Chinese company. I also found out that China started planting EChinacea in 1990. So based on my findings I think the product EChinacea 400mg that Vitamin World is selling is from CHINA. I don't buy anything made in China that I put inside my body!!! FDA should require them to state the true manufacturer and where the product originated for the protection of the American consumers.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

On January 29th, while checking my bank balance over the phone, I discovered there were 4 unauthorized charges. These charges were to companies I'd never done business with - EVER- and they caused my checking acct. to be significantly overdrawn. I called my bank & they immediately killed my debit card, and told me these were only "Pre-authorizations"; and that if I contacted the vendors, and they agreed not to fulfill the orders, I would not be charged for the items purchased ONLINE. The bank gave me the phone #'s of the companies & I telephoned them. Vitamin World was the ONLY vendor who said it didn't have the means to stop the $220.35 order; that they WERE going to still ship it out - which it did - 2 days later - and that I could dispute the $220.35 with my bank at a later date.

I spoke with numerous people over numerous days with numerous calls, and they STILL shipped out $220.35 worth of stuff & billed it to me. They told me there was just simply no way to "stop the process". I told them I didn't believe them at all, and if it had been coming out of their acct, they'd have found a way to stop it. "Sonya" was contacted 1-29-20 at 2:19 pm & we talked for 23 minutes. My bank told me that the amount had been "pre-authorized" that day, and if VW did not continue with it, it would fall off. My acct would not be charged. Other vendors agreed not to send; not VW. I guess they thought I'd just let it go - while they sent the stuff to another state & my part only included paying for it. In my opinion, this is a despicable practice & this company is complicit with the fraudulent activity on my card.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

I have been a customer for many years and I used to be happy with the company. Recently, within the past six months I have had some problems. The first problem I had was receiving a box with an incorrect packing slip. The slip showed two items shipped, but I only received one of the items. When I called, they opened an inquiry or whatever they called it. I was then told that based on the weight of box, I did receive both items.

I was very upset because I did NOT receive one of the items. They said they would reopen the inquiry and let me know. This was the second time they told me they would be in contact. I never heard back from them either time! So I called AGAIN and insisted that I speak to a manager. After speaking to this person, he stated that there was actually some discrepancy on the weight of items ordered. Again I was told that I would hear from them and AGAIN. I never did! A while later I did notice a credit to my bank card for item that I never received.

Now on January 25, 2020 I found a charge on my card from Vitamin World. When I checked my Vitamin World account to see what the charge is for, I am unable to find any order that has shipped. The item I was supposedly sent back before was on backorder and never did ship, so I thought it was finally coming, but NO it doesn't look like it. So now I have to figure out what the charge (which is over $60.00) is for. But of course when I called, I was unable to reach anyone. I really have an uneasy feeling about what's going on. I don't feel like this company is trustworthy anymore. As soon as I get my money back, I'm going to cancel any future orders and cut ties with this shady company. It's pretty sad because I never used to have problems and I have been a customer for many years. The chief operating staff had better get a handle on this nonsense, before they lose all of their loyal customers.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

I ordered online, since we don't have a VW store in Germany. After I ordered I received an order notification, and a request to verify my order?! After I verified my order I heard nothing for 11 days, so I contacted them again and they said my order is "ready for carrier" and I get a tracking number as soon it is out of the warehouse. So after 4 more days I haven't got any number, so I contacted them again and they said that my order "might have shipped out already" but they don't have the "visibility to see the tracking details" of my order and I get an email from UPS. Which I got, but I only got the process of my order, where it was on which day. And UPS got my package already before I contacted VW for the first time.

The tracking history stopped in Germany, and when I look for my package with the number, UPS says that the package is in transit by post office, since 22 days (yes twenty two). So I contacted VW again and they told me that I should contact my local post office to check where it is. I contacted UPS and they told me that gave my package is to a different carrier and every issues that I might have need to be addressed to the sender of my package, so VW. But they say that I need to contact the local post office. How are they suppose to check on my package with only a tracking number from the American UPS. And the only answer from VW now is to check their should "kindly refer to their shipping policy". I will never order there again, I really liked their store in Florida and I thought ordering online would be a good idea, but I should have checked their reviews first. I am very disappointed and I hope that I get my money back somehow.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

I have been ordering from Vitamin World for a number of years. I had visited their actual storefront operation when it was in my area. They closed it a couple of years ago. I have been trying to order online for the last few days. I could not call them during their business hours over the weekend and a few days before. I tried ordering something that was on sale and every time I tried put it in my cart it would say "Ooops...Looks like you took the wrong turn." That happened over and over again. The next day when I called customer service to let them know the error message I received he said he did not know what happened. I asked him since it would not take my order could I get the sale price since I called in. He said "No, sorry. You will have to wait until it is on sale again. Check back every day because sometimes it is on sale for just that day."

Fast forward to tonight from two weeks ago, I just tried ordering something online again tonight and the same thing happened tonight when I tried to put it in my shopping cart "Ooops....Looks like you took a wrong turn." Looks like I will find another vitamin store to order from since they seem to not worry about fixing their online site problems.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I ordered a product off the internet to have it delivered to the store. I open the box and it was not what I ordered. Brought it back to the store the manager tried to rectify the situation by ordering what I wanted however associate claims they're having issues with their internet. I called customer service to see if I can get a tracking number and they couldn't find me. Their customer service is from India I got some guy who went by the name of Mike..Give me a break. They in turn tell you to call the store. The store tells you to call customer service. Needless to say I'm sure Vitamin World Is Good if you walk in and buy but I wouldn't buy from them online again. Besides you can go to cheaper places like Swanson Vitamins, a pharmacy or Amazon with no hassles. I suspect Vitamin World will sooner or later go belly-up now. They don't know how to compete.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I was contacted them and they left a message. I called back and the guy said he had to put me on hold to check the order. I told him it was not ok to do this. It only takes a few seconds to check this information AND I had already given him all the info and he verified it. Then he said he needed to put me on hold to

transfer the call. I advised him in the future he might want to just say he can’t help and he needs to transfer he call. He proceeded to hang up and disconnected the call. I will never order from them again. If I’d known Amazon sold their stuff I’d would have ordered from Amazon. Hopefully I will get my order. If I don’t I will be calling the credit card company and getting my money back as goods not received. I like their products but by them closing so many stores and poor customer service, I’m done with them.

Vitamin World author review by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.

Vitamin World® opened in 1977 and now has over 400 retail locations and an online store. It offers a wide product selection and several ways to save money on your purchases, including coupons, a rewards program and free shipping when you spend $39 or more.

• Product selection: Vitamin World has a wide selection of vitamins, supplements and other health items, including some that are hard-to-find. Shop by categories geared to specific health goals like fitness, digestion, weight support, holistic health or beauty, or sort by brand, collection or price.

• Featured coupons: Every month Vitamin World updates the current coupon deals on its website. These might include buy one, get one deals, percent-off coupons or clearance deals.

• Savings Passport® program: Vitamin World’s Savings Passport program is a free way to earn rewards on your purchases. Earn dollar rewards up to 7.5 percent on all your purchases, a special birthday gift and savings up to 50 percent every day. You can earn more benefits if you spend $150 in a three-month period to unlock VIP status.

• Free shipping with minimum purchase: Orders of $39 or more to the contiguous United States ship free.

• Quality promise: Vitamin World tests its products for purity and potency and guarantees your purchase. If you’re not satisfied for any reason, you can return the unused portion within 90 days of purchase for a refund.

by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Rosemary Avance, Ph.D., uses her social science research background as a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team to help people make smart choices. She researches products, businesses and industries thoroughly, then passes on the most relevant and essential information for consumers looking to make important purchasing decisions.

Vitamin World Company Information