GNC

Compare Health Products

Research top Health Products recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

My husband uses Jim Stoppani products. Stoppani recently made an agreement with GNC to distribute his products. We were pretty happy because there is a GNC in our town and it would save us shipping the items. The first purchase round went smoothly. When GNC offered a buy one get one half off, we went in and stocked up. We also had a 20% off coupon from the Stoppani website. The manager let my husband use it. By the time we got home, my husband figured out he had a wrong product. We took it back the next day and the clerk exchanged the product, but would not give my husband the additional 20%. He told my husband the coupon had already been used. Used for what, I have no idea, because we exchanged the product.

But I digress. So then hubby begins to order online. They state "free ground shipping". We assume this is Fed-Ex or UPS. First rattle out of the box, GNC starts to cancel parts of the order. I suppose if they don't have the product, that is their solution, which is very frustrating to the customers. Ground shipping turns out to be Fed-Ex Smart-post. This means Fed-Ex gets it to the post office and the post office delivers. Problem with this is that we don't receive our mail at our house--we have a PO Box. We don't even have a mailbox at the curb.

For over a week, we have worked at intercepting the shipment. I don't know how many trips we made to the post office. Huntsville, Texas has two USPS facilities. The mail comes into the main location and where we have our box is strictly a retail center. We have sat for hours waiting for the mail carrier to come by so we can get the packages. Yesterday, it was cold and windy here and I thought I would freeze to death waiting for her. Legally speaking, the post office isn't even obligated to deliver mail to us. They would have had every right to send it back to GNC. They were simply being nice to us. And yes, I have reciprocated with goodies for them.

Back to GNC. Once we figured out the shipping fiasco, we called customer service. The young lady my husband spoke with said that management told her that the post office would kick it back to Fed-Ex and Fed-Ex would deliver it to the house. THAT IS NOT WHAT HAPPENED AT ALL!! GNC offers free shipping, but not to a PO Box. I believe it was $4.95 extra to get your order to a PO box. If your package comes by Smart-Post, wherever you get your mail is how your Smart-Post package gets delivered. Now how stupid is that? Amazon will start carrying the Stoppani products. WE WILL NEVER EVER EVER GO INTO A GNC AGAIN. From now on out, I will be doing the gypsy spit every time I drive by one. There is no way on God's green earth that they can make right the frustration and wasted time over the last week or so.

They provide high-quality excellent products and their staff is very knowledgeable about the products that they sell and how it would benefit our overall well-being. I have a company store that is close to my house. They have all the products that I've been looking for in stock and available at the time of purchase. The staff welcome to me quickly upon entering the store and offered to help me find what I was looking for and explain to me which would be the best product for me to purchase. I do believe that they have very high-quality products however there are places that you can get those same products for a lesser price. I find them to be a bit expensive.

I trust their industry knowledge because I feel like I can ask them any question about what I should take to improve my health and they help me. Usually if they don't have in stock they let me know when they have what I need in stock or I can order online if it's available online or they can just suggest a similar item. They do an exceptional job when I need a refund because I did not like a product. They usually apologize that I did not like it and refund my money or allow me to exchange. When it comes to their products I'd say it can be a bit pricey but it's worth it because they usually have the best products that you can't get elsewhere.

My level of trust in GNC is very high because I've been a consumer for over 5 years. And every time I go they get me the best help and I find out about the latest things that have come in. Anytime I placed an order it was always so sealed properly and I've never had any issues so my trust is I would say 90% with this company. Just because there's always room for improvement. Anytime that I have called I always got someone on the phone so I will consider the availability to be good. Anytime I've called to place an order for pickup I was always able to get my order without a problem and it was always ready. So I would give their availability five stars.

I have experience customer service at GNC and they will helpful. For things that I was unaware of in terms of where it was in the store and how much they were very helpful. When I'm calling you have an order for pickup they were very helpful and I've never had any issues. I consider their value to be of value because anytime I've ever placed an order again the order was it went through without a problem their products but never damaged and I mean everything was always fresh so I have value GNC very much. If you don't value a company and there isn't really a need to shop there so yes I will completely value GNC.

The company is very well known so I would be likely to trust their knowledge. I would feel comfortable asking their staff for recommendations. They are easy to find and seem to be everywhere. I live in a highly populated area but was able to get fast attention. It was good overall. They were very nice and friendly and talked to me in a nice at. I was happy with my experience shopping at the store I visited. They were super people. I'm not sure if I got a good price, they didn't seem to have many good sales. I may have been able to find a better deal elsewhere but I'm not really sure if that's true or not.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GNC?

My last experience with GNC was pretty good. I did not have any issues finding what I needed and no store associates were harassing me. They had a nice selection in the clearance and I mostly purchased my vitamins from there. Nice selection of stimulant free fat burners. I'm not sure about their availability. You can check their hours and search on Google or you can call them. They don't seem to be few and far between so you shouldn’t have any issues finding one. You can go on the website to find a location finder. I did not have any issues or interactions with customer service. I did not need to contact them for any reason. I think the value is ok. I thought the prices were pretty good because I shopped at the clearance section.

They have decent products at a fair price along with convenient locations/website. They have a pretty long history of retail experience (since the 60's I think...) as well as founders who were experienced and knowledgeable in areas of health and fitness. They can be found online and in many brick and mortar retail locations within cities and malls/shopping plazas in suburban areas of large and small towns. They have a staff that is usually knowledgeable and helpful about the products and their quality/ingredients along with providing educational information about them. They offer decent products that are of a moderate quality at a fair price. You can find much higher quality brands but you'll be paying much more for them elsewhere.

Fun to shop at. They always have what I want and need. There is nothing but good things to say about them and what they do for people. Great fun, fresh, new. I love what they have. There is something new every time you turn around. They always have the best prices and easier customer services. Great services every time I go there. I love them and what they do and stand for. I love shopping and seeing everything they have. They always have something new to find and try. They always have the best offers.

Trust all of their products. Matter of fact, great quality products. My dad uses them, so do I, and both of us are always extremely happy. Always have a great stock of what I or my father is looking for in the store. Always stocked. In the event that they don't have it at the store orders come in quick and they make it really simple. The workers at GNC are always friendly. I love going here because they always know what they are talking about when it comes to products and make sure you get what you need. All of the products are of great quality. I only get supplements from this store no matter what because I know I can count on them more than any other store like them.

They are very helpful. When you walk in the store they try and help you find what you need or make suggestions to help you if you need it. They do everything they can to make your shopping experience positive. They have lots of stuff you can't find in most places which is great. They do what they can to get you what you need if they don't have something you're looking for as well. Just a really great place. They have very good customer service. They have good value. They have sales and large amounts of stuff so you get your money's worth. They do what they can to help make it cost effective which is great and really helpful nowadays.

They seem to be knowledgeable about their products. They try to help you save money and help with specials that they may be running. They sell a variety of products so that you have a lot of choices. They are open daily and stay open late which is convenient. They have several stores in my area. The stores are all set up differently. Which to me is good because it allows me to look at other products, besides the item that I went to buy. The customer service is good. All of the staff seem to know the products in the store. They are always willing to help and offer good suggestions. They help you get the most for your money. The value is good. They sell things in several sizes, so you can always find something to fit your budget. The also have a club that you can join that also can save some money.

GNC Company Profile