Find a Vitamins Online partner

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

About GNC

GNC is a nutrition supplement retailer that offers a wide selection of products, including vitamins, protein and performance boosters. Customers can choose from many name-brand products to help them reach their fitness and health goals.

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

GNC Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GNC?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GNC?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2020

I go to GNC specifically for bucked up products. I went initially for the velvet deer antler and ended up finding other products that consistently work well for me. They have so many brands to offer It’s can overwhelming but I’m glad I found one I can trust that covers most of my needs as a power lifter. I’ve had no bad experiences with GNC as whole. Staff is usually pretty friendly and eager to help in a way that's genuine and not just for the sake of Making commission.

Original review: July 7, 2021

I subscribed to a service from GNC and due to Covid my first package never arrived. A kind letter staying problems due to the virus would keep me from receiving my package but the next was sure to come. Now it's time for renewal and I got hosed. I never got what I paid for and now they want more money. I received SOME of what I paid for but that is unacceptable to me. Now on my last box I got a letter inside stating I would get money off if I bought something. A coupon for another purchase is not what was offered. I have had issues over the years but this is the last time I'll allow them to do this. I am tired of companies getting away with lying and stealing from me.

Get buying tips about Vitamins Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 1, 2021

I made a purchase and paid for same day delivery, I made sure to provide specific instructions which stated not to leave my package at the door. The deliver company that GNC chose to use stated that the package was delivered however there was nothing nowhere. I called customer service and was advised to allow 24 to 48 hours, still nothing. I literally called 4 days in a row several times in a day trying to get information and no one could tell me anything. I was placed on hold for long periods of time and the call would just drop.

I finally spoke to a supervisor today which pretty much told me there is nothing that they can do. I would have to contact the delivery service that they chose. When I called the delivery service I was told that this is something that GNC has to handled. So I’m pretty much going to loose out on my money. GNC will not refund me nor will they send a placement order. I have ordered from GNC in the past and have not ever had an issue with regular delivery. Please beware don’t do the same day delivery.

Original review: June 21, 2021

I was on a call for 20 minutes trying to get my account info so I could log in based off of a phone number I signed up with in-store - the representative did not know site functionality, could not explain a solution to my request, and only requested I return to the store I signed up at, which I have moved away from. He refused to transfer me to a supervisor when I requested one and then hung up. Utterly unprofessional, an example of a corporate giant outsourcing help centers with minimum corporate oversight and hoping that customer complaints won't pile up in enough numbers to make a difference.

Original review: April 28, 2021

AUTO DELIVERY & ONLINE SHOPPERS BE AWARE! I’m currently a VERY DISPLEASED long time loyal customer. Yesterday upon starting another large order I checked all my GNC emails for specials, coupons & new product info. First off I had a couple items in my cart from the day before. Before continuing my order I went to confirm all our Auto Delivery dates. We ran out of thin mint lean bars 2 weeks too early so I opted to ONLY move the thin mint lean bars to this week instead of next month.

BE AWARE because it IMMEDIATELY & AUTOMATICALLY placed the order right after I clicked the next available date this week. I was NEVER given the option to add to cart, Confirm/Place order. No tabs stating Purchase/Next/Proceed to Checkout, Continue Shopping, Place Order, Add to Cart, Payment or Delivery Options, View Cart....which mind you I already had a couple items from the day before. Never given the option to use my $70 rewards, add to cart, apply coupons or discounts. PLUS they added 6 peanuts butter lean bars which were set up w/ a completely different auto delivery date not even connected to thin mints and we have over 15 boxes of just that one flavor already.

Immediately once I noticed what happened I called customer service. While waiting for a representative, only 2-3 mins. I checked my bank account & noticed my credit card had been charged & at full price for 16 boxes??? You’d think a company as big as GNC would have the capabilities and customer service reps who can politely try to help and or do everything they can to STOP & FIX this specific issue but no they can’t, won’t and rude. (Got the same guy both times I called, huge language barrier caused more issues.) His only answer was to place another order and return the box when I receive it. Once they receive the returned box it takes a couple business days for refund to show on card. I’ve already called GNC stores within a 40 min. drive and they won’t accept online return or exchanges since they are owned privately.

Original review: April 21, 2021

I made a purchase and paid for faster delivery. Long story short the package said delivered but nowhere to be found. When I report it their answer was since the package says delivered they couldn’t do anything about it. How can a company take your money that way I don’t know. All I know is that I’ll never get GNC ever again. I rather buy where they appreciate me as a customer.

Original review: April 14, 2021

I’m disappointed and upset. So I paid a subscription to GNC and got an auto-delivery for 3 different boxes of shakes one of strawberry, cookies and cream and chocolate mocha and an energy drink. So the first box (the strawberry protein) was delivered to the wrong house with the right address written in the box and luckily my neighbor knows me so he came to drop it at my house. Then the second box (the cookies and cream) that I received seems like they sent some leftover drinks that they had and just threw them in a box and came broken and not even complete. I call to complain and the guy of customer service promised to send me a new box that I never received. Then the third box of mocha they just delivered 4 drinks instead the box that I paid and asked.

With customer service I called to asked where is the box of cookies and cream and the rest of the chocolate mochas and the first guy sounds like he was driving and wasn’t even paying attention and hang up to me. Then when I finally talk with someone else said that the guy that promised to send a new box of the cookies and cream. Never created the order!!! So here I’m waiting for a “supervisor“ to call me and tell me where is everything. I said that I want to cancel my order and they said that they can’t..

Original review: April 9, 2021

If I would have known how awful GNC's online ordering is, I would have went to my local store. I ordered 3 cases of Alani Nu energy drinks and a pack of the munchies protein bars on March 30th. After 3 days, I still hadn't received a tracking number or a status update so I reached out to their customer service department via chat. Not only was I not helped or provided an answer as to why my order was still "in progress" after 3 days, I was basically given a copy and paste answer from their website about high volume and a delay in shipping. The chat reps over the last few days couldn't provide me any information on my order, when I would receive it, nothing. I called and spoke with a GNC rep and she could barely understand me; there was a communication barrier to say the least. I asked to cancel my order because I couldn't get any answers on it, and the phone rep stated she'd put in a cancelation order and call me back.

Did I receive a call back? Of course not. Yesterday, 4/8, finally received GNC boxes but it was only one case of alani nu energy drinks and the protein bars. So, here we go again. I reached out to GNC via chat and the rep apologized for me only receiving part of my order and said he would work on it. He then comes back with the copy and paste response of "due to high volume, orders are being delayed..." Yada Yada Yada. I STILL can't track my order, as the original email says "in progress." I have no idea if I'll get the remainder of my order. DO NOT BUY FROM GNC ONLINE. Go to your local store and support them! The online ordering is a joke!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

I purchased some protein powders online and I was charged on my credit card the following day. After 16 days the product has not arrived. When I called customer service the first few times they said I had to wait 10 days for the product to arrive. After 10 days they changed their story and said I had to wait 15 days. I still don't have the product. Ordering on-line from GNC is a scam. Stay away. Go to the local store if you need something.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

Heads up if you try to use an older GNC gift card. They have recently switched to a new system and employees at several Ohio stores don't know that this system is not accepting gift cards. We had a bad experience trying to use a gift card we got at Christmas at a couple stores. At the third store a helpful manager explained what was going on with the new system. Also there seemed to be no way to check your gift card balance on the GNC site.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

On November 20 I made an order on the GNC online webpage of 1 Collagen Peptides - Unflavored and 1 Lean Shake™ 25 - French Vanilla with a total amount of $65.30 and a couple of hours later I received an email from GNC claiming that the items were shipped so after waiting for about a week I went to GNC webpage to track my items and when I got the items tracking number I went to FedEx to trach the items and what was my surprise that the items were never shipped so I call GNC customer service and spoke with Milena and she asked to wait 3 more days and call again.

So after waiting for 3 more days and rechecking with FedEx that the situation was the same I called again GNC customer service and finally they confirmed to me that they were out of stock with one of the items (Lean Shake™ 25 - French Vanilla ) and I that will get a refund after 3 to 5 business days and the same day I request for the other item to be ship to me again (Collagen Peptides - Unflavored ) and they did exactly the same this time, created a label but never shipped the item...Looks like the people controlling this webpage are scammers-criminals waiting to see if they can steal your money, thank God I used PayPal, and I screenshot every single detail so I was able to open a dispute through PayPal....Stay away from these people...If you need anything from GNC, use Amazon or eBay, they will watch-out for you....

GNC Company Information