2.88/5
Based on 16 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

GNC

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 2, 2017

16 GNC Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

The commercials advertise a free sample and when you call you are told you must pay for shipping. You later start receiving bottles in the mail and your card is charged outrageous fees. When you dispute the charges they tell the credit card company that it's a contract you filled out online and the consumer agreed to it. Furthermore the product is terrible. Beware of this product and because of the relationship with GNC beware of them. The fact that there's a Partnership of Fraud against consumers. Also, the location of the company and the name is different than any name on the product. Do not purchase Nugenix or fall for their commercials.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I wasn't happy with the Custer Service at GNC in the international mall in Doral. In the beginning when my mother and I came inside the store, my mother asked a question to the associate. The associate was convincing us that the best product that would help to lose weight in about eight weeks was one of the Cellucor products Super HD Fire weight loss. Anyway as my mom was asking question about if it has side effect And etc... about the product as my mom was talking to associate that was helping her another representative came along took away the product put it back to its place and shook our hands and said to have a nice day. So I told him, "So you kicking us out the store?" and he said, "Yes. Have a evening. Bye." I was in shock but I really didn't try to escalate or fight. I just left the store. I really have no idea what could be the problem with this guy or the reason why but I had really bad experience with customer service. Really rude.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I recently purchased a ton of product summer 2017. Unfortunately, due to medical reasons my cardiovascular doctor told me I was not able to work out at the time. By the time the product had been opened and I was told this information I had used the pre-workout Performix 2 times. I have been unable to work out for the past two months. The state of Florida recently just went through Hurricane Irma, and like many most Floridians were without power for many days. Myself, 9 to be exact. Now, I am not sure if this is the cause of this particular situation, but I was informed by one employee that this particular product along with another product is known to harden/solidify in humid weather. And that they actually had to send back product on their own selves to the manufacturers, and had to revamp how they shipped the product to prevent future loss of product.

Understandable due to the humid environment of Florida; however doesn't make me feel any better whatsoever. Told me that since it wasn't within 30 days she couldn't do anything, and since her manager wasn't there then she couldn't ask him and for me to come back on a certain day. This employee is very nice, I've dealt with her many times so my complaint isn't about her. My complaint is as follows. I continued to go to another store closer to my gym, because I was really excited to get back into the gym and wanted to use the product that I PAID for! Only to be greeted by men that could care less about my concerns, wanted to sell me other products, and when I didn't want to buy other products decided to just inform me to go stick it in a food processor and get silicone packs to prevent it from happening again! Excuse me? Customer service much?

I'm not one to complain or even to write reviews as such, but I work for a major corporation myself, and I know for a fact that one-time courtesy exceptions can be made. It was clear the product was barely used. So instead of me going to the store on Saturday to speak to the other manager at the original location I did purchase it from, I came home, tried to cut it like a cake inside that tiny opening and pull pieces out with my fingers only to crumble them up. The products is broken up (not entirely because instead of having the 33 servings I should have left I have 52) but it is filled to the rim and I am able to scoop it up. But one thing is for certain. GNC has officially lost all my business. And I'm sure that doesn't mean much to them.

But I wouldn't recommend them to anyone who asks me where I get any of my stuff from here on out. Which is a shame because GNC is the only place that carried my supplements for my overall health because of my TIAs that happened earlier this year. But I will gladly find another place to do business with. All because your employees decided to lack customer service. Sometimes a one-time courtesy exceptions do the company more good than harm. Especially over something that is a known issue like product satisfaction... I couldn't even use it! The product wasn't expired!!! And It’s not like I was asking for a full refund. A happy customers always comes back for more... but not this one.

Original review: July 22, 2017

The GNC stores are fine --The rewards program is a joke. I spent 15 minutes in a store trying to access my rewards on my phone. The password required eight digits, a special character, a number and a capital letter -- really?! My brokerage account does not require that level of security! I finally gave up and left the store. Once on my laptop, I tried again. This time I got to final step and it said I don't have enough rewards points to redeem, even though I earned $15 AND they sent me an email. So - the moral is, don't buy into any of those silly store promotions they push at the check-out register. You will never get your points, so you are wasting your money. Just buy the products and leave the store.

Original review: June 14, 2017

Placed an order with GNC but it never came. E-mailed me that they couldn't resend the order but that they would credit my account within 2-5 business days. Two weeks later I called GNC customer service number and they said that the credit id number for the refund I was given was a request only and that decisions were based on a case by case basis and that I should now go to DHL for a claim. This was six weeks after the initial order. When I put in the DHL tracking number I received it says it has no record of this shipment. Looks to me like the order never left GNC so DHL is going to give a refund?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GNC?

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

My husband uses Jim Stoppani products. Stoppani recently made an agreement with GNC to distribute his products. We were pretty happy because there is a GNC in our town and it would save us shipping the items. The first purchase round went smoothly. When GNC offered a buy one get one half off, we went in and stocked up. We also had a 20% off coupon from the Stoppani website. The manager let my husband use it. By the time we got home, my husband figured out he had a wrong product. We took it back the next day and the clerk exchanged the product, but would not give my husband the additional 20%. He told my husband the coupon had already been used. Used for what, I have no idea, because we exchanged the product.

But I digress. So then hubby begins to order online. They state "free ground shipping". We assume this is Fed-Ex or UPS. First rattle out of the box, GNC starts to cancel parts of the order. I suppose if they don't have the product, that is their solution, which is very frustrating to the customers. Ground shipping turns out to be Fed-Ex Smart-post. This means Fed-Ex gets it to the post office and the post office delivers. Problem with this is that we don't receive our mail at our house--we have a PO Box. We don't even have a mailbox at the curb.

For over a week, we have worked at intercepting the shipment. I don't know how many trips we made to the post office. Huntsville, Texas has two USPS facilities. The mail comes into the main location and where we have our box is strictly a retail center. We have sat for hours waiting for the mail carrier to come by so we can get the packages. Yesterday, it was cold and windy here and I thought I would freeze to death waiting for her. Legally speaking, the post office isn't even obligated to deliver mail to us. They would have had every right to send it back to GNC. They were simply being nice to us. And yes, I have reciprocated with goodies for them.

Back to GNC. Once we figured out the shipping fiasco, we called customer service. The young lady my husband spoke with said that management told her that the post office would kick it back to Fed-Ex and Fed-Ex would deliver it to the house. THAT IS NOT WHAT HAPPENED AT ALL!! GNC offers free shipping, but not to a PO Box. I believe it was $4.95 extra to get your order to a PO box. If your package comes by Smart-Post, wherever you get your mail is how your Smart-Post package gets delivered. Now how stupid is that? Amazon will start carrying the Stoppani products. WE WILL NEVER EVER EVER GO INTO A GNC AGAIN. From now on out, I will be doing the gypsy spit every time I drive by one. There is no way on God's green earth that they can make right the frustration and wasted time over the last week or so.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2016

They provide high-quality excellent products and their staff is very knowledgeable about the products that they sell and how it would benefit our overall well-being. I have a company store that is close to my house. They have all the products that I've been looking for in stock and available at the time of purchase. The staff welcome to me quickly upon entering the store and offered to help me find what I was looking for and explain to me which would be the best product for me to purchase. I do believe that they have very high-quality products however there are places that you can get those same products for a lesser price. I find them to be a bit expensive.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

I trust their industry knowledge because I feel like I can ask them any question about what I should take to improve my health and they help me. Usually if they don't have in stock they let me know when they have what I need in stock or I can order online if it's available online or they can just suggest a similar item. They do an exceptional job when I need a refund because I did not like a product. They usually apologize that I did not like it and refund my money or allow me to exchange. When it comes to their products I'd say it can be a bit pricey but it's worth it because they usually have the best products that you can't get elsewhere.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2016

My level of trust in GNC is very high because I've been a consumer for over 5 years. And every time I go they get me the best help and I find out about the latest things that have come in. Anytime I placed an order it was always so sealed properly and I've never had any issues so my trust is I would say 90% with this company. Just because there's always room for improvement. Anytime that I have called I always got someone on the phone so I will consider the availability to be good. Anytime I've called to place an order for pickup I was always able to get my order without a problem and it was always ready. So I would give their availability five stars.

I have experience customer service at GNC and they will helpful. For things that I was unaware of in terms of where it was in the store and how much they were very helpful. When I'm calling you have an order for pickup they were very helpful and I've never had any issues. I consider their value to be of value because anytime I've ever placed an order again the order was it went through without a problem their products but never damaged and I mean everything was always fresh so I have value GNC very much. If you don't value a company and there isn't really a need to shop there so yes I will completely value GNC.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2016

The company is very well known so I would be likely to trust their knowledge. I would feel comfortable asking their staff for recommendations. They are easy to find and seem to be everywhere. I live in a highly populated area but was able to get fast attention. It was good overall. They were very nice and friendly and talked to me in a nice at. I was happy with my experience shopping at the store I visited. They were super people. I'm not sure if I got a good price, they didn't seem to have many good sales. I may have been able to find a better deal elsewhere but I'm not really sure if that's true or not.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2016

My last experience with GNC was pretty good. I did not have any issues finding what I needed and no store associates were harassing me. They had a nice selection in the clearance and I mostly purchased my vitamins from there. Nice selection of stimulant free fat burners. I'm not sure about their availability. You can check their hours and search on Google or you can call them. They don't seem to be few and far between so you shouldn’t have any issues finding one. You can go on the website to find a location finder. I did not have any issues or interactions with customer service. I did not need to contact them for any reason. I think the value is ok. I thought the prices were pretty good because I shopped at the clearance section.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

They have decent products at a fair price along with convenient locations/website. They have a pretty long history of retail experience (since the 60's I think...) as well as founders who were experienced and knowledgeable in areas of health and fitness. They can be found online and in many brick and mortar retail locations within cities and malls/shopping plazas in suburban areas of large and small towns. They have a staff that is usually knowledgeable and helpful about the products and their quality/ingredients along with providing educational information about them. They offer decent products that are of a moderate quality at a fair price. You can find much higher quality brands but you'll be paying much more for them elsewhere.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

Fun to shop at. They always have what I want and need. There is nothing but good things to say about them and what they do for people. Great fun, fresh, new. I love what they have. There is something new every time you turn around. They always have the best prices and easier customer services. Great services every time I go there. I love them and what they do and stand for. I love shopping and seeing everything they have. They always have something new to find and try. They always have the best offers.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2016

Trust all of their products. Matter of fact, great quality products. My dad uses them, so do I, and both of us are always extremely happy. Always have a great stock of what I or my father is looking for in the store. Always stocked. In the event that they don't have it at the store orders come in quick and they make it really simple. The workers at GNC are always friendly. I love going here because they always know what they are talking about when it comes to products and make sure you get what you need. All of the products are of great quality. I only get supplements from this store no matter what because I know I can count on them more than any other store like them.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2016

They are very helpful. When you walk in the store they try and help you find what you need or make suggestions to help you if you need it. They do everything they can to make your shopping experience positive. They have lots of stuff you can't find in most places which is great. They do what they can to get you what you need if they don't have something you're looking for as well. Just a really great place. They have very good customer service. They have good value. They have sales and large amounts of stuff so you get your money's worth. They do what they can to help make it cost effective which is great and really helpful nowadays.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2016

They seem to be knowledgeable about their products. They try to help you save money and help with specials that they may be running. They sell a variety of products so that you have a lot of choices. They are open daily and stay open late which is convenient. They have several stores in my area. The stores are all set up differently. Which to me is good because it allows me to look at other products, besides the item that I went to buy. The customer service is good. All of the staff seem to know the products in the store. They are always willing to help and offer good suggestions. They help you get the most for your money. The value is good. They sell things in several sizes, so you can always find something to fit your budget. The also have a club that you can join that also can save some money.

GNC Company Information