3.6/5 (203 ratings)

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

About GNC

GNC is a nutrition supplement retailer that offers a wide selection of products, including vitamins, protein and performance boosters. Customers can choose from many name-brand products to help them reach their fitness and health goals.

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

GNC Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GNC?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GNC?

Original review: April 27, 2022

After I ordered online yesterday, I got an email informing me to pick up at the store. They never informed me there was something they didn't have enough inventory. Otherwise, I wouldn't have been there (wasting time to pick up). After they made this mistake, I showed the man in the store "Your order is ready for pickup!" and told him there was a mistake since the items in the bag didn't match with my order. Then, he just told me in a rude way "go to call the customer service". I said, "this is caused by GNC, not me. It should be your job to contact them to find out what is the issue". Then, he went away and didn't apologize for any inconvenience caused by this.

Then, I decided to cancel the order and contact customer service to cancel the order. The person replied "I have submitted a request to attempt to cancel your order, this is not a guarantee"! It is ridiculous that I ordered it yesterday, and I cancelled the order due to their problems inside GNC, and then they said they couldn't guarantee the order could be cancelled! They wouldn't give you your reward points automatically for stuff you purchased, unless you contact the customer service, and then they will add it for you. Be CAREFUL! Due to the facts, I WOULD NEVER trust their products. Just look at the poor management and poor customer service! Will you trust a business like this? I wish I could give a ZERO star!

Original review: March 15, 2022

Canceled half the order immediately. Sent the free item via overnight so they could continue to charge the overnight shipping. And they have no estimate when or if the only remaining item on my order will be shipped. Definitely not overnight. Customer service was terrible. They might as well have just said you are out of luck and enjoy the inconvenience or trying to get your product or a refund.

Get buying tips about Vitamins Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 6, 2022

3/5/22 a promotion on GNC website cites "buy 2 get 1 free". I bought 2 of the same product but only got 2. When I asked for explanation I was told I had to "buy 3 then 1 would be free". Nowhere on the website is that clear!!! I feel it is misleading and they refused to give me the "1" product (same item) for free as the promotion promises. I am a "pro member", paid $40.00 for free shipping for a year. I choose to never use their products again. I have wasted $40.00.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

I set up a monthly order for vitamin supplements. Two out of the three months they have messed up my order. The first time they admitted they didn't have the current product and had shipped a substitute. This last time I have contact customer service twice due to the shipment showing to have been shipped but never delivered to FedEx and never received by me. Each time I complain they give me the same response, "We will escalate the issue and contact you within 72 business hours." No one has contacted me and it has been over two weeks. I tried to get them to transfer me to a supervisor but wouldn't.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

In 12/24/21 I purchased an online order. GNC charged split the payment into two. One payment posted other purchase of the total pending which brought my account overdraft and the wrong amount still pending. I called customer service and was treated so disrespectful. I explained that the pending charges needed adjusted due to partial payment has posted. Today 12/29/21 I still have the pending charges of the total amount and then they charged my account twice for the split payment and total payment. Now I have three charges from GNC.

I have sent emails to the Customer service as they requested. They offer me 300 points which is not going to solve the extra charges. I waited for 53 min to speak with a supervisor. I’ve called my bank and was told that pending charge will post tomorrow. So in that case, the two transactions that totaled my balance and the pending charge…. GNC will get both payments which means I was charged twice. Nothing was never resolved here and I will advise not to order anything from online. I’ve been dealing with this for two days and spoke with three representatives. One unhappy customer!

Original review: July 7, 2021

I subscribed to a service from GNC and due to Covid my first package never arrived. A kind letter staying problems due to the virus would keep me from receiving my package but the next was sure to come. Now it's time for renewal and I got hosed. I never got what I paid for and now they want more money. I received SOME of what I paid for but that is unacceptable to me. Now on my last box I got a letter inside stating I would get money off if I bought something. A coupon for another purchase is not what was offered. I have had issues over the years but this is the last time I'll allow them to do this. I am tired of companies getting away with lying and stealing from me.

Original review: July 1, 2021

I made a purchase and paid for same day delivery, I made sure to provide specific instructions which stated not to leave my package at the door. The deliver company that GNC chose to use stated that the package was delivered however there was nothing nowhere. I called customer service and was advised to allow 24 to 48 hours, still nothing. I literally called 4 days in a row several times in a day trying to get information and no one could tell me anything. I was placed on hold for long periods of time and the call would just drop.

I finally spoke to a supervisor today which pretty much told me there is nothing that they can do. I would have to contact the delivery service that they chose. When I called the delivery service I was told that this is something that GNC has to handled. So I’m pretty much going to loose out on my money. GNC will not refund me nor will they send a placement order. I have ordered from GNC in the past and have not ever had an issue with regular delivery. Please beware don’t do the same day delivery.

Original review: June 21, 2021

I was on a call for 20 minutes trying to get my account info so I could log in based off of a phone number I signed up with in-store - the representative did not know site functionality, could not explain a solution to my request, and only requested I return to the store I signed up at, which I have moved away from. He refused to transfer me to a supervisor when I requested one and then hung up. Utterly unprofessional, an example of a corporate giant outsourcing help centers with minimum corporate oversight and hoping that customer complaints won't pile up in enough numbers to make a difference.

Original review: April 28, 2021

AUTO DELIVERY & ONLINE SHOPPERS BE AWARE! I’m currently a VERY DISPLEASED long time loyal customer. Yesterday upon starting another large order I checked all my GNC emails for specials, coupons & new product info. First off I had a couple items in my cart from the day before. Before continuing my order I went to confirm all our Auto Delivery dates. We ran out of thin mint lean bars 2 weeks too early so I opted to ONLY move the thin mint lean bars to this week instead of next month.

BE AWARE because it IMMEDIATELY & AUTOMATICALLY placed the order right after I clicked the next available date this week. I was NEVER given the option to add to cart, Confirm/Place order. No tabs stating Purchase/Next/Proceed to Checkout, Continue Shopping, Place Order, Add to Cart, Payment or Delivery Options, View Cart....which mind you I already had a couple items from the day before. Never given the option to use my $70 rewards, add to cart, apply coupons or discounts. PLUS they added 6 peanuts butter lean bars which were set up w/ a completely different auto delivery date not even connected to thin mints and we have over 15 boxes of just that one flavor already.

Immediately once I noticed what happened I called customer service. While waiting for a representative, only 2-3 mins. I checked my bank account & noticed my credit card had been charged & at full price for 16 boxes??? You’d think a company as big as GNC would have the capabilities and customer service reps who can politely try to help and or do everything they can to STOP & FIX this specific issue but no they can’t, won’t and rude. (Got the same guy both times I called, huge language barrier caused more issues.) His only answer was to place another order and return the box when I receive it. Once they receive the returned box it takes a couple business days for refund to show on card. I’ve already called GNC stores within a 40 min. drive and they won’t accept online return or exchanges since they are owned privately.

Original review: April 21, 2021

I made a purchase and paid for faster delivery. Long story short the package said delivered but nowhere to be found. When I report it their answer was since the package says delivered they couldn’t do anything about it. How can a company take your money that way I don’t know. All I know is that I’ll never get GNC ever again. I rather buy where they appreciate me as a customer.

GNC Company Information