Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.56/5

Puritan's Pride Reviews

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I've been a long time customer (since the 80's) of Nature's Bounty Co., which owns & operates Puritan.com, perhaps the largest American online seller of vitamins, minerals, herbs etc., since the beginning of the Web. They have always utilized 'volume pricing' (regular options to 'buy one get two free' and buy two, get three free'), are very diversified with a wide number of offered products, many of which are created/made for their own 'Puritan's Pride' brand. The many of these products my wife and I have repeatedly used over the years, seem every bit as outstanding as those made by the many other fine co's who offer their products via health food markets vitamin shops, & their own websites.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

I have been buying from Puritan's Pride for over 40 years. After I moved to Israel, there has been a huge change with orders and availability of support staff. I have ordered many items and have not had any negative comments about any of them. I do agree with other reviews that since PP has outsourced there has been a decline. Many of the regular items I order are not available in Israel. Worst is that the staff in Israel do NOT speak English. I have called the New York office for help with orders and orders sent to the wrong address. Oh sure I could go on. No point. PP must get the act together or most of the old time customers with go to IHERB. You have great prices and specials. But there is a limit to how many mistakes can be tolerated.

Get expert buying tips about Vitamins Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I have placed many orders in the past couple of years. The prices (many times get one or two free) and the quick delivery of items is tops. I have no problem with the quality of the product. The ordering site is easy to used.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

I ordered 4 items was notified one was out of stock and would be mailed later. Their problem not mine, When they mailed the item they charged me an extra $21 for mailing. Outrageous. Will never deal with them again.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

I used to order vitamins from Puritan's Pride for several years and I thought it is respectable and reliable company, but... I live in Russia and I have to pay for international shipment. That's why I always try to order for about $100. It is clear, if I buy 1 product with $10 price and pay $17 for the shipment in fact I get that product for $27, but if I buy 10 pcs for $100 and pay $25 for the shipment one piece is $12.5. They sent last package without some ordered product. Nobody told me before the package was sent that some position is out of stock. If they did - I would change order and keep average cost of vitamins including shipment in a resonable limits. But they didn't warn me and informed me when I could change nothing.

They refunded money for the absent position but as a result I've bought vitamins 50% more expensive (with a glance of shipping cost) than I ordered! Nice difference! Moreover, shipment cost with such a cut order had to be cheaper but they didn't cut it for the less weight. I wrote to Customer Help explaining situation. I hoped they compensate my loss by some way but the answer was "We are sorry, bla-bla-bla, please order again." Who would buy again after that? I don't want to get vitamins 50% more expensive than I paid for. Shame on you, Puritan's Pride! P.S. After this review (on another platform) I got reply from the company. They refunded $5 for wrong shipment cost and sent $5 as apology. Nobody in Puritan's Pride tried to calculate how much I really lost. I wrote to them again with detail calculation but they don't need to keep loyal customers: still no answer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Puritan's Pride?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

When shopping online I always use Rakuten or RebatesMe to save money. On 11-28-2019, I shopped the Black Friday sales on Puritan's Pride using RebatesMe. They had partnered with RebatesMe to provide 14.5% cash back during the Black Friday sales, which was a slightly better percentage than Rakuten offered. Now they claim they do not work with RebatesMe and refuse to pay the $36.30 they owe me on the $250.36 I spent! I have always had trouble getting them to pay up thru Ebates (now Rakuten), but getting Ebates to chase down my cash back always worked. Now it looks like Puritan's Pride is just balking at paying what they owe. I have been a good customer, but now I will shop for vitamins and supplements at other online stores that honor their commitments. They are just sleazy and dishonest. I hope others follow suit and avoid this dishonest company.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

I made an online purchase with them on October 13, 2019. I tracked my order and found it had been delivered to another city. I called and spoke with a customer service who argued with me saying that it was delivered to my address. I told him it wasn't and UPS said it was delivered to the front desk. I told him I live in a house not an apartment. He said they would do an investigation and hung up. I called back today and they told me they messed up the tracking number and would sent out another one. I told the representative that I really need my vitamins and have been out of for an extra week. She didn't offer me a discount or free overnight shipping. I feel like I should have been offered both because of my inconvenience. I will never order from them again.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

SAM-E 400mg tabs. I am finding completely formed PP's SAM-E pills in my fecal matter! I understand that they are enteric coated. From my research, this means that the pill does not dissolve until it gets to the intestines. Seems that is not happening. As a test, I dropped one into a glass of water and 24 hours later, no change. Emailed PP and asked them are they aware of this and why it is not doing what it is supposed to. The only thing I got back from PP was a return label apologizing that I did not like their product.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

I was a customer of Puritan's Pride (PP) for 45 years. I have lived in the US and I now live in Japan. I was recently informed that my latest order was canceled. The reason was that PP now has a distributor in Japan. They informed me that I would have to use their distributor. Fair enough. Well, their distributor charges higher prices AND they did not carry certain items that I needed. I called PP and told them and their response was "that is not our problem." They told me that should I need to make a purchase I would need a US address and US credit card.

I have both, so I made an order to my US address using my US credit card. It was canceled again! I called them. They informed me that since the address was for a shipping forwarder, they suspected that I would have the items sent to Japan and so they canceled the order! BUT ISN'T THAT ILLEGAL, CANCELING AN ORDER TO A US ADDRESS? I told them on the phone and again their response "that is not our problem." Is this the way they treat their customers of 45 years? This is disgusting.

At the very least they should offered to ship the items that their distributor did not carry! NOTHING. NADA. ZILCH. PP has shown that they care NOTHING about their customers and only care about their money! Oh, they also lied to me. I asked them if I should have my order sent to a friend in the US and have her send it to me. They said that ALL their products would be blocked by the Japanese customs service that are not through their distributor and I would lose my money! THIS IS A TOTAL AND OUT AND OUT LIE! Do yourself a favor and order from another company. This money-hungry group is not worth it.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

Got a 240 count bottle of Coq10.... Got about 6 pills out and the rest is just one big glob, and will not break apart without ruining pill. Called company....they said could not do anything about it, since I got it from Amazon.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Puritan's Pride expert review by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.

Puritan’s Pride manufactures vitamins, supplements, herbs and other health products. Its website offers a wide selection of items that each come with a year-long product guarantee. Over 19 million people rely on Puritan’s Pride for their vitamins and supplements.

• Selection: Puritan’s Pride’s website has a wide selection of vitamins, herbs and supplements. They also sell products for sports, diet, health and beauty, aromatherapy, pets and more.

• Quality tested: Since Puritan’s Pride manufactures its own products, it’s able to offer a quality guarantee. All of its items undergo strict quality testing throughout the manufacturing process.

• Price matching: Puritan’s Pride will match select competitors’ prices on every product they sell. Price matching applies to GNC, Vitacost, Swanson, The Vitamin Shoppe, Amazon, Walmart, CBS, Walgreens, Rite Aid and Lucky Vitamin.

• Flat rate and free shipping: Orders ship for a flat rate of $3.95; if you spend over $49.95 your order ships free to the continental United States. Puritan’s Pride also offers international shipping for an additional fee.

• One-year guarantee: Puritan’s Pride guarantees every product for a full year after the purchase date. Just return the unused portion for a full refund with no questions asked.

• Best for: those who want quality tested vitamins at discounted prices.

by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Rosemary Avance, Ph.D., uses her social science research background as a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team to help people make smart choices. She researches products, businesses and industries thoroughly, then passes on the most relevant and essential information for consumers looking to make important purchasing decisions.

Puritan's Pride Company Information