3.67/5
Based on 21 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

21 Puritan's Pride Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Order this Super Snooze with Melatonin on July 11, 2018. Have not received this item yet. Have called twice including today. I was told it is still back ordered with four to six weeks before shipment. I'm not impressed!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Order place on 20th of July, Puritan's website states item shipped out on the 20th. Messaged help center on the Aug 4th. Didn't get any reply, called the helpline. The line were busy. Today (6th Aug) I checked the tracking number on USPS website and got the following message: "Tracking Number: **. Status: Label Created, not yet in system. A status update is not yet available on your package. It will be available when the shipper provides an update or the package is delivered to USPS. Check back soon." Fraud company indeed.

Get expert buying tips about Vitamins Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

Puritan's Pride (PP) uses United Parcel Service (UPS) Surepost as their delivery vehicle. The theory is that UPS picks up your box at the PP location, delivers it to the USPS facility. USPS then takes it to your quarters. The experience is totally different in this area. The UPS driver DROPS your package off where it requires the least work for him. On one occasion, he dropped in front of my garage at night. It had been raining and was due to rain again. In front of the garage door provides little protection against the weather.

At a more recent time, the driver DROPPED a package of vitamins on the concrete in front of my front door. Fortunately, the package was fairly well packed and nothing was broken. I watched the driver and filed a complaint with PP once. I cancel my order with a mail order firm rather than have UPS deliver to my quarters. I have had unsatisfactory interaction with their supervisors in the past. PP management will not have to worry about using the profit from my purchases to lower their personal mortgage balance or their monthly car payment in the future.

Original review: July 27, 2018

Love this company... My orders are always correct, fast and everyone I have talked to really make me feel appreciated as a customer. I've been taking the vitamins and my pressure and blood work has improved since last year. The deals are great too!

Original review: March 10, 2018

Recently, I've been a little disappointed with Puritan's shipping time. I understand that they are having a massive sale, but even when I've ordered during similar sales (buy 1 get 2 free), I've never had a delay in my order. They always shipped it within 2 days and I usually got it within 4. Well, it's been 4 days since my order was placed and just now they shipped it. This means that it's not going to arrive until another 7 days. So disappointing. I've had an issue with hormones imbalance and hirsutism for years. I finally figured out what my problem is and ordered the right vitamins and nutrients. These weren't even in the buy 1, get 2 free sale.

So needless to say, I was super excited to get them and kept going to my mail the last two days expecting it to have arrived as other Puritan purchased products have. When I contacted support, they didn't have a real reason for the delay, the customer service rep was clueless. She simply assured me that they would arrive by next Thursday. Yeah, ok. If shipping was delayed, let's hope the products that arrive are the correct ones and not expired. I don't overlook little details like that. I had the highest regard for Puritan in all levels for the past couple of years, but recently it's like they changed CEOs or strategies. I don't like it one bit.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Puritan's Pride?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I placed an order with Puritan’s Pride on January 4, 2017. Their website acknowledges the order date (see attached). After 3 days of not hearing anything, I called customer service. Their customer service is in the Philippines, so I had to struggle to understand the representatives. I mean, these customer service reps are USELESS. They just repeat the same script over and over. They don’t promise ANY action to address the problem at hand. I called customer service 3 more times over 3 days. Once, during business hours I was connected with someone named Debbie, I think, who was in the U.S. Debbie also assured me the order would ship that afternoon. Needless to say, it did not. Meanwhile, my credit card had already been charged 2 days prior to this.

Later that evening, I called customer service in the Philippines again and received the same robotic response from the customer service representative. I asked to speak to a manager and she again started to repeat the same response. Now, my blood was boiling. I demanded to speak to a supervisor. A supervisor named Edmar came on the phone. I explained the problem. He offered no solution nor recourse and repeated the same script as the customer service rep.

As of now, it has been 5 days since the order was placed and it is still sitting in the warehouse, according to the Puritan’s Pride website. I am out $70. As of 2 days ago and nothing has shipped, despite promises for the last 3 days that the order would ship, first yesterday and then today. I DO NOT recommend doing business with this company. I am in my 60s and have done most of my shopping online for the past decade or so and this has been one of the top 3 or 4 worst customer service experiences of my life.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I ordered a product online and found that it was being sent to billing address incorrectly. I IMMEDIATELY CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE and was told I must call back after two hours. I cancelled by email. They failed to cancel again. There is no one to receive or refuse shipment. I demanded a full refund. No response. Will file BBB complaint.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

My experiences have been nothing but positive. This company is one of the best on the internet and as well as catalogue sales. They have most of the products I need as well as fantastic sales as well as a lot of products that cannot be purchased anywhere else online. I also feel that the shipping is reasonably priced, it is very quick delivery. Customer service is quick and efficient too. I like the item reorder list and how easy it is to use. However, I wish that they would carry some additional products that I have a need for. Sometimes when they offer their buy one get 3 or more for free, I feel that there should be more products included in those sales.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I like the specials they offer such as 2 or 3 items for the price of 1. Their turnaround time for receiving an order and getting it out the door is very quick. Their shipping time is phenomenal too. Puritan’s Pride fast shipping offers a wide variety of vitamins and herbs. Also, their customer service has always been polite and very professional. Their shipping costs and expediting policy and procedures are above average as well. There is nothing about Puritan's Pride that I would change. But maybe I could persuade them to have a four for one sale on occasion. It seems as though they have put in a lot of time and thought into how to have a happy returning customer.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

Their customer service is great and helpful. I also like their prices and selection of products. Shipping is pretty quick. The return policy is also great--tey give you quite a bit of time to return unwanted products. They have great promotions but a loyalty program would be great. I would be more likely to buy all my vitamins there is I was rewarded for doing so. They should also encourage customers to leave reviews on the products. Some products had no reviews and I would like to hear from real customers before I try new vitamins.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

Puritan's Pride has provided me with some of the best customer service I have ever received from any other company used by me. I really like the quality this company provides for its customers as well as the price of their product line. I also like the company's way of advertising their different products to their customers. One thing I dislike about this company is the amount of capsules per bottle and I wish there are more included in their package. I also wish their packaging was not so confusing to read and understand.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Puritan's Pride has a wide selection of vitamins and supplements and the shipping and delivery were fast as well. The prices on the vitamins and supplements are very good and competitive too. They also have great offers like sales and BOGO deals. I always look forward to the booklets they send me in the mail where I can see all of the vitamins and supplements in one book. However, they do not have the best quality vitamins and supplements. I ordered 500 mg magnesium capsules and when it came I found out it was magnesium oxide which is the lowest quality magnesium you can find with a low bioavailability/absorption rate at about 23 percent. Magnesium oxide is very cheap so maybe that's why they have such good sales all the time.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I only purchased Puritan's Pride once. Their prices were not as good as other places I shop offline. I prefer GNC. In the future I probably will not use their services as I have more viable options.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

Puritan's Pride has good prices and quality vitamins. They have good sales and selection. The website is very easy to shop and find specific items. I feel good when I take these vitamins. The checkout does not reflect discounts, sometimes. Their customer service is a little slow, so they may need more employees. I have been a customer for around ten years and have had no problems with my orders or the company. Deliveries of orders are made in a reasonable time. I have good lab results, so they're probably helping.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

I used Puritan's Pride because they had a sale on a particular hard to find vitamin I needed. The vitamins are pricey, more than just about any other place. I would not use it for basic everyday vitamins, it's too expensive. Also, shipping is not free and the threshold for free shipping is way too high.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

Puritan's Pride has been around for over 40 years. They offer free shipping for online orders, and they offer specials. The items are place where you can easily see them and the payment methods allows cash, credit, or PayPal. On the other hand, they could update the product they sell. They need to offer newer products that is new to the market, the selection was outdated (could use a face-lifted). I think that they should offer free shipping on more of their items. The service is on point, they response to my questions in a timely manner, and the shipping schedule is flexible.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

Puritan's Pride products are made from high-quality ingredients and their service is excellent. I received what was advertised, in a quick and reliable manner. I would order from them again and my family orders from them as well. My experience with them has been good. My father introduced me to this company and I have used them for years. This is a company my father has used and my brother, an MD, uses and refers his patients to for their supplements. My order was delivered fast. I received from Puritan's Pride what they advertised in a very quick manner.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

Their drug store is within walking distance. They are very well stocked, and it's in alphabetical order, always fresh and price is very reasonable as well. They are a helpful pharmacy. They have a friendly staff, convenient hours and family friendly, covers adult men, adult women and children. However, I hope they have more pills/capsule per bottle, more check out aisles be used, more staff who knows about all vitamins, and more sale as well.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

Puritan's Pride's prices can't be beat. Add to that, great customer service and their buy one get two free deals and free shipping are awesome!! I have been purchasing their products for many years now. It's my one and only go-to for all of my supplements.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

Puritan's Pride website is easy to navigate and they have all great products that suit my needs. Also they have lots of deals to purchase. I have never gotten a package that was wrong and the shipment arrived in a timely fashion. But without some of the deals their prices are too high. Also, they don't always have what I am looking for and I have to go somewhere else. But I am always successful in ordering from them. I have called their customer service and they are very helpful. Their vitamins, minerals, and other health products are excellent.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

Puritan's Pride has tons of good products available, products have enough information on there for me to determine if the product will be good to buy. They have free shipping offers, discounts, quick customer service, if emailing with questions they reply back quick, great variety of products online. But they have slow shipping speed, have to purchase a certain amount of products in order to get free shipping. I would offer free shipping on all products, regardless of amount of money spend.

Puritan's Pride expert review by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.

Puritan’s Pride manufactures vitamins, supplements, herbs and other health products. Its website offers a wide selection of items that each come with a year-long product guarantee. Over 19 million people rely on Puritan’s Pride for their vitamins and supplements.

• Selection: Puritan’s Pride’s website has a wide selection of vitamins, herbs and supplements. They also sell products for sports, diet, health and beauty, aromatherapy, pets and more.

• Quality tested: Since Puritan’s Pride manufactures its own products, it’s able to offer a quality guarantee. All of its items undergo strict quality testing throughout the manufacturing process.

• Price matching: Puritan’s Pride will match select competitors’ prices on every product they sell. Price matching applies to GNC, Vitacost, Swanson, The Vitamin Shoppe, Amazon, Walmart, CBS, Walgreens, Rite Aid and Lucky Vitamin.

• Flat rate and free shipping: Orders ship for a flat rate of $3.95; if you spend over $49.95 your order ships free to the continental United States. Puritan’s Pride also offers international shipping for an additional fee.

• One-year guarantee: Puritan’s Pride guarantees every product for a full year after the purchase date. Just return the unused portion for a full refund with no questions asked.

• Best for: those who want quality tested vitamins at discounted prices.

Profile picture of Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.
Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Rosemary Avance, Ph.D., uses her social science research background as a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team to help people make smart choices. She researches products, businesses and industries thoroughly, then passes on the most relevant and essential information for consumers looking to make important purchasing decisions.

Puritan's Pride Company Information

www.puritan.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business