2.74/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Puritan's Pride

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

39 Puritan's Pride Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I have been purchasing for many years. In the past had no problem communicating with Puritan's in New York. Now they are in some strange parts of the world (Pakistan, Uganda I can't tell?) and they keep you on hold forever and never call back. Something has gone critically wrong with this company and unless I see it corrected I cannot continue to trust them. Also I paid for three bottles of oregano oil pills which came as one congealed mass inside the bottle making them useless.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

Just received my order from Puritan's for turmeric curcumin 500 mg. It's not the same color at all, it's a brownish looking color, not yellow at all. But the worst thing is, I can tell a difference in the way it makes me feel. Taking same dosage as before from last batch, but this batch makes me not feel as good and I'm hurting. Never had that happen before, so they're going downhill with the quality of their supplements, I'll be buying turmeric from somewhere else.

Get expert buying tips about Vitamins Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 11, 2019

Have been a loyal customer for 25 years. Have moved often since retirement. Lived in Georgia for several years. My street sign said Rogers Break. Couldn’t order because they wanted St or Rd or Ave. When I explained there wasn’t one - no order. Moved to Virginia, then to New Jersey. Tried to place an order but could not remember the zip code in Virginia. Mind you, I had the address but without zip code - no order. I believe this all started when ordering went to the Philippines.

Original review: April 29, 2019

Let me preface this review by saying I have spent thousands of $$$ over the years supporting Puritan's Pride. On March 19, 2019 I placed an online order and received a confirmation of the order via email. I was supposed to receive my package in 10-14 days. Three weeks later I called and was told the order hadn't been processed yet. They hadn't billed me yet. I was so furious that they hadn't processed or sent my order and asked what they were going to do about it. The "supervisor" said he'd have it processed the next day (Monday) and overnight shipped the following day.

After not receiving my package again for another 10 days, I called Puritan's Pride only to be told the order had been accidentally canceled. I was again enraged. I demanded to speak to a supervisor who said he would research the original order and ship it out immediately. He did. I received my package today and 1/5 of my order is missing. I called and spoke to a "supervisor" who told me those 5 items are out of stock and they couldn't sell them to me for the same price as when I ordered them 7 weeks ago. I was livid. He said "I'm sorry you feel that way". WHAT! How about "I'm sorry we're incompetent". By the way, their call center is in the Philippines not in the US.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I have been a loyal customer of Puritan's Pride for about 20 years, NO MORE! On the morning of 4/16/19 I purchased $207.54 worth of vitamins from them online. Later that afternoon I started receiving overdraft notices in my email. I pulled up my bank account and they charged me 25 times $207.54 for a total of $5,188.50! I called their so called "customer service" located somewhere in the Middle East by the and to make a long story short, I've spent well over 5 frustrating hours on the phone over the past 7 days and still don't have my money back.

Their customer service personnel give you nothing but false promises, fake apologizes and massive hold times while accomplishing NOTHING. And forget about ever talking to the same person twice or a supervisor or anybody in the corporate office in NY. That won't happen. They STOLE over $5,000 of my money that I need for day to day expenses and could care less about it. Not only am I DONE with Puritan's Pride I'm telling everybody and will continue to write reviews everywhere I can, over and over. They should call themselves Puritans Disgrace or Puritans Thieves.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Puritan's Pride?

Resolution response: June 9, 2019

After posting the above review, and writing letters to the president of the company and providing a courtesy copy the the president of the parent company, I received an apologetic call. I received the product that had not been in the original package, and I was given a $5 credit toward further purchases. I believe they got the message.

Original review: March 17, 2019

Received a shipment and UPS obviously damaged the packaging. One of the bags of psyllium husks had obviously torn and the the packaging tape had the product in it. One bag was missing from the shipment. I called their customer service number and explained the situation to JJ in the Dominican Republic. The hallmark of scumbag outfits is to outsource customer service to some third world ** where worker are paid $0.12/hour. JJ assured me that I would be contacted by someone from the New York Office. A week goes by and no one calls. I send an email to their customer service, and three days later, no response. It's not even their fault (UPS damaged the package), and they still couldn't care less about contacting me. Horrible customer service.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I have placed many orders in the past couple of years. The prices (many times get one or two free) and the quick delivery of items is tops. I have no problem with the quality of the product. The ordering site is easy to used.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Do not have the money. Tried to cancel order. They will not let you. If you cancel payment at bank will turn over to collection. Did not like the food except waffles and muffins. This is not fair that they will not let you cancel order.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

This is such a bad company that first I placed my order on 07-08-2018 and they received the payment by my credit card and after few days they send me a notification email that, "Your order has been shipped and you will receive it within 6 weeks" but even after 8 weeks the order not delivered. Then even after several email they told me, "There was a mistake. We will send you the replacement order". Then after 10 days they again send me the notification email that again "Your order has been shipped on 16-10-2018 and it will be deliver it to you shortly." Now it’s going to be 4 months from my order placement. I am unable to get my order due to the lack Puritan's Pride services. They are such a careless company for which they are not caring for their customers which is the main objective of a organization. Please don't place any order with them. It’s just wastage of time and money. They will not reply back to your emails and even not help.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

Puritan advertise refer a friend and we both get $10. I refer a friend to purchase some items on Puritan website but we both did not get the $10. Gets only excuses from customer services. This company falsely advertise "Refer a friend $10" promotion. Be careful.

Puritan's Pride expert review by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.

Puritan’s Pride manufactures vitamins, supplements, herbs and other health products. Its website offers a wide selection of items that each come with a year-long product guarantee. Over 19 million people rely on Puritan’s Pride for their vitamins and supplements.

• Selection: Puritan’s Pride’s website has a wide selection of vitamins, herbs and supplements. They also sell products for sports, diet, health and beauty, aromatherapy, pets and more.

• Quality tested: Since Puritan’s Pride manufactures its own products, it’s able to offer a quality guarantee. All of its items undergo strict quality testing throughout the manufacturing process.

• Price matching: Puritan’s Pride will match select competitors’ prices on every product they sell. Price matching applies to GNC, Vitacost, Swanson, The Vitamin Shoppe, Amazon, Walmart, CBS, Walgreens, Rite Aid and Lucky Vitamin.

• Flat rate and free shipping: Orders ship for a flat rate of $3.95; if you spend over $49.95 your order ships free to the continental United States. Puritan’s Pride also offers international shipping for an additional fee.

• One-year guarantee: Puritan’s Pride guarantees every product for a full year after the purchase date. Just return the unused portion for a full refund with no questions asked.

• Best for: those who want quality tested vitamins at discounted prices.

Profile picture of Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.
      Rosemary Avance, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Rosemary Avance, Ph.D., uses her social science research background as a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team to help people make smart choices. She researches products, businesses and industries thoroughly, then passes on the most relevant and essential information for consumers looking to make important purchasing decisions.

Puritan's Pride Company Information