Vitamin Shoppe

Vitamin Shoppe Reviews

About Vitamin Shoppe

Vitamin Shoppe offers a wide selection of supplements, protein, beauty products and more at over 780 stores nationwide. Consumers can also shop online and choose from many top brands, including Vitamin Shoppe’s own store brands. Frequent shoppers can earn points through the company’s rewards program.

Vitamin Shoppe Reviews

Stars Rating

• 23%
  • 21%
  • 7%
  • 2%
  • 47%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vitamin Shoppe?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vitamin Shoppe?
    Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed June 21, 2024

If I could rate them 0 stars, I would!! Other stores will offer a full refund with a free return label if the products you order from them cause you allergic, this store doesn't! You will have to pay a return label, plus deal with rude and unprofessional customer service!! Not to mention overpriced. You should compare their prices with another online store before placing an order!

Staff

Reviewed May 16, 2024

Called to purchase a product. Clerk told me there was only one left. When I requested him to hold it for me for an hour so I could pick it up he refused stating that they do not do that any more. When I reiterated that I would be there within the hour he continued to refuse.

Get buying tips about Vitamins Online delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer Service

Reviewed Feb. 27, 2024

Ordered online a supplement through a prior order by selecting "order again". Ordered product and received email. Realized product is not the same. Called customer service and over the phone, very polite Taylor told me that the order I placed online has been canceled and that I could order the correct product over the phone, which I did. I received email confirmation of the new order and, this time, the deliveries address is wrong! Taylor only asked for the billing address (they certainly want the money!) but instead of using the billing address as the shipping address, she used an address that is already in their system (I moved out of that address 12 years ago!).

Called back to understand what has happened and to change the delivery address. Mind you that at this time nothing has been shipped! Talked to Tephlan, he told me what the mistake was and that it's been corrected in the order and that the product will arrive at the correct address. 4 days later, I get a text from FedEx with the delivery update which, you guess!, shows the wrong address. Tried to talk to FedEx but no luck. Only information by their AI chat is to call the sender to change the delivery address for the recipient can’t change it. Called Vitamin Shoppe again. This time I’m told that the new address has been provided to FedEx. Today I checked in the FedEx app and the delivery address is yet the old one. But to make things better! I just got a message that the very first order (the one with the incorrect product that Taylor canceled) is on its way!!!! At least this one is coming to the correct address since I myself did enter it on the order form online. Anyway, I’ll never order again from this company!

Reviewed Feb. 17, 2024

I just shopped the Palmdale, Ca store. I am an out of towner, staying in a hotel, decided to pop in and make a purchase. I received incredible customer service from a very knowledgeable and polite young lady! Great job, thank you very much!!!

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed Feb. 11, 2024

1st store Gainesville, Ga. Employee said product changed. Not true. 2nd store clerk was downright rude Buford, Ga and interrupted because he knew better. Then he realized he was incorrect. Still rude. I will never shop at VS AGAIN. 20 YR CUSTOMER.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed June 14, 2023

I have some concern about your location at Arundel Mills Vitamin Shoppe. The customer service has gone downhill. The employees are very unprofessional and don't care about your business. These employees represent Vitamin Shoppe and they just think it is another hangout place. I have not received any help from any of the employees at work there now. I asked them where the young lady named Alexandria was working for years. She was such a wonderful worker and she gave the most excellent customer service. She treated people like family and she brought in good business for your company. I was very sad when I found out she left. But I know this company does not like to promote people of color to a higher position.

I wish you guys would find this young lady and bring her back to the Vitamin Shoppe at Arundel Mills. These workers you have right now are rude as hell. They will be behind the counter talking about people, having a book club, have that iPad out and watching movies. So what kind of business are you guys running? I know you guys see sales going down in that location. When I asked them for their manager number to make a formal complaint they told me to go to customer service.

I'm not going to stop there. I'm going to post this on your review, Instagram or whatever social media platform I could post this. Please find that young lady who has been working there for years. FYI you guys need to read your Google review recently. I see the comments that unsatisfied customers make and you guys are not looking so hot. I refuse to come to Arundel Mills location until you guys start getting real people who want to work.

Reviewed April 10, 2023

While I was also in the process of reaching out, was confirmed when I went back into the store and asked Josh if he got a chance to speak to his district manager. He first said no. As if he had no communication with said person, then as I mentioned the conversation with corporate then proceeds to tell me that he messaged Jan about the situation. Josh basically is picky and choosy about who and when he is going to help someone or make an exception because as I mentioned before they have made exceptions regarding similar issues that I personally witnessed first hand. I’ll be filing additional complaints regarding this since Josh took it upon himself to reach out to his district manager after the fact instead of reaching her while I was in his presence right then and there.

I would look at this situation differently if he had chosen to say, "Hey let me check with my district manager to see what they say because I want to help you," but no, he was sneaky and underhanded about reaching out and so now I’m forced to never shop here or any Vitamin shoppe ever again. Great Job Josh! & Jan. Great way to treat a loyal customer.

Reviewed March 18, 2023

I have ordered multiple pickups with Vitamin Shoppe local store. Always they gave me product near expiry, like 1 month. Once they gave me a product about to expire in 7 days. I have all evidences. BE AWARE

Verified purchase
      PriceOnline & App

Reviewed Dec. 31, 2022

The website fails to provide a preview order before submitting with Google pay. Instead it took the cached date of an old address even though Support mentioned they see the updated address in my profile. I reached out to their Support immediately after seeing the error to cancel since they have no option to update the address before shipment. They informed they would try to cancel. They shipped it anyway to another state. Support said I can ship it back. I asked how am I going to do this when it is hundreds of miles away. They disregard standard fail-safe features on their website, options to update an address, and an avenue to cancel before shipment. Poor service all around! They charged me $164 that I will never get back and shipped anyway. Be careful when ordering online with this company.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed Nov. 1, 2022

I have had previous issues with the Vitamin Shoppe, especially dealing with their online customer chat, and service. There is no service, and they make excuses simply in order NOT to assist you. I tried this most recent time because of a BOGO deal on the tyrosine. I was in the middle of sorting out my shopping cart, when suddenly the website was down for maintenance. This does seem to happen quite often. Well, I was not able to place my order. I tried the next day, and the BOGO deal was GONE. I went on the chat, and the person whom I was chatting with said it will be no problem to get the refund for the BOGO... buy one get one FREE for the amino acid Tyrosine. This customer service person explained to me that I must place the order and give her the order number so that the adjustment could be made.

What she had failed to tell me was that "I WOULD NEED TO FOLLOW UP"..."I"... would need to follow up to make sure the refund had been applied! So, basically this customer service rep led me along as if SHE was going to handle it. It is truly astonishing how this company would stoop to deceptive tactics instead of simply making things right. Not to mention that when they have sales, the items you want are NEVER available during the sale! I have had previous issues with the Vitamin Shoppe, and with the same treatment, and they DO NOT WANT TO HELP YOU. As if I DO NOT MATTER as a customer! Well, there are numerous other companies in which to buy nutritional supplements from, like Amazon. And from my personal experience, I would STAY AWAY from the Vitamin Shoppe, and do not give them your business. And, not once have they ever offered to make any issues 'right'.

Vitamin Shoppe Company Information