2.22/5

107 Vitamin Shoppe Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 7, 2019

Ordered 4 cases of Isopure. 3 were damaged in shipping as packing was bad and the glass bottles broke. One never left Phoenix, Arizona and no one could explain to me why. I then received 2 replacements before 2 of the original order were shipped or received! No one could explain that one either. Then I get a box with one flavor - that only had 9 bottles (there was supposed to be 12). No one could explain that. After numerous go arounds, I am firmly convinced that this company has NO customer service. When I voiced my displeasure, the only response I received that it was my prerogative not to be a customer of the Vitamin Shoppe. Consider it done.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I placed an order when they had a sale. They canceled it because I only ordered sale items. Now I see why they have so many bad reviews. I on hold now trying to speak with a supervisor to figure out this issue.

Get expert buying tips about Vitamins Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

So I placed an order in the store, they said I would get it in 3-5 days, didn't happen so I called customer service to cancel it. I got the reps name as Kim, she said she would cancel it and I would get a refund in 24-48 hours. Didn't happen, so I called today and found out it was never canceled and I am receiving it today. So I have to go to the store and return it. What a headache when it couldn't have been avoided if Kim did what she said she would. I will never deal with them again. This has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

My son, J., has multiple disabilities, including Down Syndrome and autism. He lives in a group home and participates in a prescribed, targeted nutritional program (TNI) which helps damp down the neurodegenerative effects of Down Syndrome and autism. One component of his TNI is Carlson Very Finest Omega 3 fish oil. Well, my son ran out of fish oil and I was out of town. I was confused by the Vitamin Shoppe's website, which describes the store as being in Cortland, New York, way up north. The closest Vitamin Shoppe to my son's group home is in Cortlandt Manor, New York. Associates at the Cortlandt Manor store assured me I could order online and payment would go to the right store. That worked out, and I appreciated that the website even sent me emails to let me know exactly what time the order was processed.

Then, I also had a specific request, that the fish oil, which was ordered in my name, on my credit card, could be picked up by any staff member who came in and asked for "fish oil for the house," whether they remembered to use my name or not. The associates on the afternoon shift passed along these specific instructions to the evening shift and when a staff member from the group home came in and asked for "fish oil for the house," it was given to them, no problem. My son is nonverbal and can't ask for the supplements himself, but Vitamin Shoppe associates were so helpful.

These supplements really help Joe to be alert and focused and greatly improves his cognition and quality of life. We want our son to have the independence he desires, to be away from home like his brother and sister who are also in their twenties. But for J., that means relying on staff at the group home and day program to meet his needs. Knowing there is a Vitamin Shoppe close by his group home with kind, caring associates to help J. get his supplements is a real blessing.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

If I could rate lower than one star, I would. I ordered six cases of Bang Energy. Received two tracking orders, when I had six cases. All coming in at different times. Cases were missing. Tracking numbers weren’t given on four cases. Customer Service reps went back and forth emailing me. Some saying they would refund the horribly damaged case they sent me, another offering me a 10% discount code for the inconvenience. As if the customer’s satisfaction and money is a joke. And I still, have yet, to receive my last two cases. Just order from a website like BodyBuilding.com, and COMPLETELY AVOID THIS COMPANY.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vitamin Shoppe?

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

10% off retail, free shipping & samples w/ auto delivery? NOPE! Invoices don't show breakdown of charges, no $ amounts given. Wait for bank statement to see how much they charged. No free shipping, no samples, & cost more than in store. No refunds on overcharges. Don't sign up.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

My experience is just like the countless others listed on here. I ordered online for a product. Was charged 1.5 times more than the cost of the item. When I call to fix the problem, they blame the bank and repeat the same thing to me over and over again. Not at all helpful. Needless to add your bank could care less if you have a problem with another company. They do nothing anyway...but we already knew that. Yes...like the others... Will never shop at Vitamin Shoppe again.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I had to call in regarding my healthy awards points that I have never been able to redeem although online, they were connected to my Spark auto delivery account. The rep DeSondria was AWESOMELY HELPFUL and patient while she looked through my account and found that my awards had in fact never been redeemed for the almost 2 years I've been on auto delivery! She apologized and said as a courtesy she'd go ahead and refund me the $5 rewards I'd acquired during the year (4 in all) back to my account and said I'd be able to use my next award with no problem! She was very pleasant and never once sounded annoyed like so many other customer service reps I've talked to! Thank you!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

Maybe I should be thankful for the money I'm saving because I can't order online due to their unstable glitchy website. This is the second go around dealing with problems processing orders online. Last time took about 3 months to resolve, I go in store and they tell me, "yeah, we know, others are having the same problem" that time was an issue where order online, pick up in store wasn't available. This time my order is submitted and I even get the email saying we received your order. Then the one that says it's processing, but please wait. Then later I get one saying it was canceled due to payment issue. Even though it's the card on file, the same card I have been using.

Card company, says nope you're card is fine, your account is fine, we aren't even showing anything from Vitaminshoppe trying to process. They have a problem on their side. I've tried to place the order through the app, same problem. I've called multiple times and while the front-line people are great and they really do try to help and be courteous, it is beyond their ability. I get transferred to corporate and go through the whole thing again but they're rude and condescending and won't listen, they are adamant that it is my card.

Now, I'm not only frustrated, I'm mad. So the other day I go into the store and purchase a few items, same card, and no problems. They tell me, "yeah, sorry the website has problems." So FIX IT! I tried one last time today to place an online order, same problem... I call and tell them, "Look. I just used the same card in store a few days ago. My last online order that processed a month ago was with this card." She tries to place the order herself and can't... Apologizes, and again says yes, they've received multiple complaints and tells me she'll escalate it. During all this I had used my Healthy awards, which has not been credited back to my account either... If I didn't live in Hawaii, where options are somewhat limited, shipping is costly and slow, I would never order from them again.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

The prices at Vitamin Shoppe and GNC are absurd. Once you learn from them what you need which may take 6 months as each dumb employee will differ in opinion then go online eBay and all is 50% less and it arrives clean and perfect packaging. I’ve been ripped off by these stores for 5 years now.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I was drawn to Vitaminshoppe.com because their prices were much lower compared to what I saw on Amazon and you could use coupons. I was saving 20% with VS compared to Amazon. However, this was too good to be true. When I placed my order I accidentally entered the wrong billing address, leading my bank to freeze my account. My fault. I called the bank to verify the mistake and everything was copacetic to make my purchase. Vitamin Shoppe decided to make this very difficult and declined my card over and over again.

I ended placing the same order at least 5 times, during which, I was in contact with their customer service department via email, live chat and by phone a total of 9 times. The ensuing headache was a complete waste of my time and theirs! I even placed the order over the phone with an associate and she said it was good to go. Only to get an email later next week saying it was canceled. This was the worst shopping experience of my life and I won't be coming back!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Was given the runaround for almost 2 weeks trying to redeem credit that I had. Spoke within 6 or 7 people including 2 people from the shop, 2 people customer service and 3 people from corporate. Never again. Worst customer service on planet Earth.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I purchased protein powder that was on sale on their site. The first thing that happened was that they charged me full price, not the sale price. I contact them and they go issue a refund for the difference, but it's the wrong amount. Again, I contact them, they issue another refund, but this time for too much. The next day, they go back into my account and take an amount that is over and above the mistake. The next day, they take a large amount, and another amount the next day, and on and on. I call them, they put some back. This went on for two weeks. My bank couldn't do anything to adjust the amounts and said that the only thing that I could do is sign paperwork to block them from my account. So, I waited until I had more money from them than owed, and filed the paperwork. I made $30 for two weeks work. I will never do business with them again. Sure, I could use cash, but, why give them the sale?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I needed some supplements the quickest as possible, bought them at the website and almost a week later, they haven't shipped anything. So it took almost 2 weeks to receive my products after payment! On the other hand, I ordered some products at bodybuilding.com and they were all delivered 2 days after! I will never buy anything at Vitamin Shoppe again!!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Went to a local Vitamin Shoppe to purchase protein powder and BCAA's. After purchase I opened the protein powder and knew it was the incorrect one I bought. The BCAA's were unopened. The Vitamin Shoppe in my area does not print a return policy on the receipt. I Googled their return policy and saw, on their website, that even if the products have been opened I can still return them for my original payment method in full as long as I have the receipt. Again, this was stated on the official Vitamin Shoppe website and is the first result that returns from a Google search.

I went to the local Vitamin Shoppe and brought my products with receipt. I was told I could only get store credit. After explaining what I saw on the website and having the official Vitamin Shoppe website open (which states this return policy is valid for ALL stores) the VS associate then went to a computer behind the cashier desk and pulled up a store return policy that is specific to them and a policy that NO ONE would ever know about. In that policy it stated I could not return for cash. This policy is nowhere to be found online and is not printed on the back of the local VS's receipt.

I settled for store credit and sent Vitamin Shoppe customer service an email detailing my issue. It has been about 3 weeks and I still have not received a response from Vitamin Shoppe. I took the store credit, which is still unspent, in hopes that I could eventually get my cash back (my original payment method). I will never shop there ever again and will advise to my peers, and others not to as well.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I purchased 2 Organic Doctor foot and heel creams on 8/4/18 online to ship to Vitamin Shoppe store on Tampa ave in Northridge CA. I called customer service and the actual store because on the confirmation my telephone number was incorrect. I was told by both customer service and the store that it didn’t matter because once my items arrived I would receive an email to inform me that I can come pick up my purchased items. I NEVER RECEIVED AN EMAIL. Instead, 6 days later I received an email stating my order was cancelled because I didn’t come pick it up and there was a “problem” with my payment in which I had already paid for the merchandise in order for them to ship it to the store. I immediately called customer service. Customer service and she said she wasn’t sure what was going on and why I was not contacted BUT she apologize for this.

I explained that this was unacceptable because Vitamin Shoppe still had my money, I still didn’t have my merchandise that I paid for, no one knows what’s going on and the apology was just to shut me up, it was not an apology to correct the situation. I asked to speak with her supervisor. The supervisor said the same thing. So, I called the store and they said the same thing. I asked everyone about my money. Everyone said they would contact Vitamin Shoppe. I then called PayPal because I paid through PayPal Credit. PayPal Credit said they would put a request in for my refund on 8/11/18. I still have not received my refund nor do I have my merchandise that I paid for. Vitamin Shoppe is a fraudulent company and beware of them!!! It is a shame how people get paid to do a job that they DO NOT do. They have not tried to accommodate me in any way and still have my money and merchandise. The company and customer service is horrible!!! Beware.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Worst customer service I have EVER received. I cancelled my account 3 months ago by speaking with a representative on the phone. On the 3rd, $30 was taken out of my account with no email no order number, nothing. I called and was told I would get it refunded that day by a SUPERVISOR. I was lied to and after calling 3 more times, and every time they said it was already refunded. Turns out it wasn’t, and they will not pay back the charge for overdrafting my bank account. DO NOT SHOP HERE OR GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD. SCAM.

Original review: July 25, 2018

Last week on the 18th of July I went into a Vitamin Shoppe in Pearland Texas to purchase a container of your brand of vitamin c powder 1000mg 8 oz, I waited until today 7/25/2018 to open it because I was waiting of another product to come in the mail to use with my vitamin c powder. Well to my surprised when I pulled the protected tab off the container it's wasn't a full 8oz container. It's more like a 4 oz worth. Half of the jar is empty. I paid $11.98. I got it over the 4 oz so it would last at least a month but if I knew I getting short change 4 oz I would have bought the smaller container. I feel something needs to be done about this, I'M A VERY DISAPPOINTED LOYAL CUSTOMER.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I placed my order, I was charged, and Vitamin Shoppe immediately cancelled the order saying the products weren't available. So that's ridiculous to begin with. Take it off your site if it's not available. BUT THEN--3 days after they took my money, I haven't gotten a refund. So now I'm chasing them trying to get my money back. They are the WORST.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Ordered a product on June 4 which was damaged by UPS en-route. So UPS sent it back to them and only after multiple emails and phone calls did Vitamin Shoppe tell me what happened with my package. Anyways, they resent it, this time to a wrong address. So, I contacted their customer service again and after 10 emails back and forth and multiple phone calls, they still haven't shipped my product to the right address.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Vitamin Shoppe is neglecting to help me as they were hacked. Someone got credit card info. They are hanging up on me, not doing anything to help out. I have given them so much support over the years. Beware all... Do not buy online with them...

Original review: June 4, 2018

Regular customer x 4 yrs. Packaging lately has been substandard. Bag of chips was open with contents all over box. Poorly secured with insufficient bubble wrap. Cake bites very warm, melted and disfigured... delivered 8 days after ordered. Good grief. Will try competitors for next orders.

Original review: May 14, 2018

Ordered a product online and it turned out to be a nightmare. Never received the product here in Canada as I refused to pay a brokerage fee and no one could tell me what the cost would be. The product was returned (as it was never received). Now I am told that my refund is denied even though the return policy says, quite clearly, that any returned unopened order will be refunded in full. An absolute scam!!! Do not order anything from this company online!

Original review: May 5, 2018

I am a regular shopper at Vitamin Shoppe for convenience but my experience is far below expected. I shop at the store 0249, OR. I placed a bulk order with them and noticed the charges were twice as high as it should be. After many emails and few phones called, they did fix the issue but after reading other reviews, I thought this is the company's common practice since so many others had the same experience.

Again just a few days back I went there and bought so many items. After came back I checked what I got to find out 5 units were missing. I went back and ask. Staff asked to come back while the manager is at the store. I went next day and I were given the balance. I asked what went wrong? They said, "don't know, everything is perfect at the store, there is nothing extra". I told them that in that case, I am not gonna take anything from here. But I know how much I should have and how much I got. That means, there should be excess at the store. I left and did not take anything. Big loss for me!

Original review: April 19, 2018

From one order I had two separate issues! First they billed me when the order was first purchased. Fine. But shortly after I noticed a second charge. I call them to find out why and they tell me it's my bank fault. BS. One item shipped separate from the rest of the order so they reauthorized a second amount besides the initial order charge. So in the meantime I didn't have access to those additional funds until the second charge dropped off a few days later. Unacceptable. Then one of my items was never shipped, I contacted chat support who were rude and unprofessional. In the end I got a replacement sent but who knows when it will arrived. I had ordered these items for post surgery recovery and now one of them most likely won't be here in time.

Original review: March 30, 2018

Ordered a product on March 11 and it is now supposed to be delivered on March 30. When ordering they state it ships within 4 days. 19 days is unacceptable. They apologized and offered me $5 off my next order. This was a product that we needed right away. I asked to have someone call me back or email me. I was told that they cannot. I will never do business with them again.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I went into Vitamin Shoppe as I always do. Paid for my vitamins and when I got home and checked my bank account they slammed me 3 times for the same purchase. And reading the reviews on Vitamin Shoppe I will now start paying by cash. Also today is 3-8-18 Thursday and you cannot talk to corporate because of snow. Ok well I live in south Florida. So we will see. In the meantime YOUR BANK wants you to jump through hoops and now I have a 7-10 day window to hear from my bank for a decision on this matter. If my bank allows this B.S. I will be looking for a new bank as well as a vitamin store. Will keep you posted. Also I have my receipt.

Original review: March 6, 2018

On Jan 30, 2018, I placed an order #** for 3 Body Nutrition Trutein 45/45/10 Blend of Whey 4 Pound Powder VANILLA BEAN @ $49.93 each for $149.78. Upon receipt of the delivery package (**) I discovered the order was wrong. I immediately called the number on the manifest enclosed within the package. I was told by the The Vitamin Shoppe representative to discard the mistaken product and that a correct product would be immediately sent.

A month passed with no replacement. I was forced to spend over an hour on the phone with Jet and The Vitamin Shoppe representative on the evening of March 5, 2018 without a satisfactory resolution. On the morning of March 6, 2018, I again contacted Jet and asked to speak to a supervisor and that request was denied. I also contacted The Vitamin Shoppe and was instructed that it was not their problem to resolve. I have spent over three hours being bounced between two companies, both companies making false and misleading representations, both companies unable to provide the product I paid for a month ago.

I have just ordered the Corporate Certificate of Good Standing long form at the cost of $250 through the NJ. Gov website to receive the corporate information of addresses and corporate officers for both Jet.com.inc Entity # ** and the Vitamin Shoppe Entity # **, that I was refused by multiple Jet.com.inc and Vitamin Shoppe representatives. Fortunately, Rhode Island Courts have award substantial damages against for companies acting with similar behaviors.

I will be willing to discuss offers of settlement, until I receive that requested information for the New Jersey Government. Upon receipt of the Corporate Principles, I will be filing legal action to recover the funds taken from my family, compensation for the extensive time invested to recover my losses and damages as a resulting from the actions of by both companies.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

Very, very poor customer service at VitaminShoppe.com. Out-of-stock items listed as “Ships within 24 hours,” multiple unanswered emails though their own Feedback Forum, discourteous agents operating Live Chat… Overall, incredibly poor communication and a dreadful shopping experience. Avoid the lure of the occasional coupon and avoid VitaminShoppe.com. It is not worth the trouble.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Ordered product online on Feb. 6. Contacted them today, via chat, on Feb. 15 about my order, since I had not heard anything and it never arrived. Oh, that order was cancelled, out of stock. This is the information I got out of chat. I cannot believe I was not notified. This order was for a visiting relative that is leaving 2-28. I ordered from Pharmaca. At least I know it will show up or if it is out of stock, I will be notified. Vitamin Shoppe may as well not even have online ordering since they do not know how to process orders.

Vitamin Shoppe Company Information