4.07/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 7, 2017

70 Vitamin Shoppe Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I placed an 'ON 100% Whey Gold Standard' order online, and the expected shipping for the same was 2-6 days. However, the product wasn't shipped even by the 7th day. So, I raised a complaint at their contact us: feedback form on their website. After 3 long days, I got their reply; stating that the order has now been returned back to the warehouse. To this, I raised my concern on the same email, but I didn't get any reply. I even raised a complaint on their feedback form, but, no reply. So this time, again after a few days, I called them, and I was told that the product was never shipped in the first place, and that now, they will be processing it soon. But, nothing happened.

So, I called them again the next day. And they told me that, this product and it's no longer in stock in their garage. So, I asked them to cancel my order, so that I can at least get my money back. To that, they told me that it will be done soon enough. But it has been 5 days since and I haven't got the refund yet. And every time I call, I am told that they did not get the payment at their end, and that the bank might be holding it, and I will get the money back after bank releases it after a few days. But till then (if it ever happens), my money is stuck and I did not get my product either. Let alone the frustration I faced during this whole process.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

My experience exceeded my expectations. I am impressed with how well my supplements are working for me and my family. I like their wide range of products, great customer service, and quality products. Truly grateful for the help and direction I get making my supplement/vitamin selections. I feel like I am making good decisions for my family's health when I shop here. Also, I feel secure knowing I am getting quality products that will not just sit on my shelf in my home. I was able to make confident and informative choices on my order whether or not I was choosing the right products for me and my family. My order came in 3 days and sooner than I expected which made me happy. Overall, fantastic experience. Definitely a forever customer.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

Great and trustworthy company. I like their nice and neat and wonderful looking website. Also, nice blue and yellow background on the website. And I like that it's quick and so easy to use. Fast shipping, too. Overall, awesome and friendly customer service and great shopping experience. Use them all the time and will continue to use them for every purchase.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

My experience with Vitamin Shoppe was extremely positive and I have used them numerous times. I prefer them even to Walmarts and local drug store vitamin alternatives. Prices are low and shopping is convenient, coupons available too, variety and size selection is excellent, easy to reach customer service, well packaged and arrived quickly, good followup email with more coupon and loyalty rewards to follow. Product was easy to find, quantity options are ample, variety of delivery methods are good, very good experience and got a good sale plus discount savings allowed. However, shipping time is lengthy but free so can’t complain much about it, but no local store possibly because I’m in a rural area.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

They have a lot of variety and selection to choose from. I like that I can get all of my different vitamins in the same place at the same time. They have the best vitamins to choose from so I know I am buying a good product. The staff is usually helpful. I have a lot of questions about the best types of vitamins for my needs and they are able to answer those. However, the company can sometimes be pricier than getting them somewhere else. Also there are not many locations so it requires me to drive a good bit to visit the store. Overall, my Vitamin Shoppe experience has been great.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vitamin Shoppe?

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I could easily return the product I purchase online at the local store nearby. Also, store experience was great. Shipping is fast and there are huge selections of vitamin but most of the products tend to be a little more expensive than Amazon.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I really liked them. A nice and good company with interesting ideas that I would like to take advantage of. They seemed well thought out and unique as well. The product selection was good and had a nice variety of good options. Shipping was fast and secure. Customer service was helpful and I enjoyed interacting with them.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

Vitamin Shoppe has good customer service, not too pushy and attentive to my needs. I liked how the experience is welcoming and does not push medical pseudoscience. I liked the store layout when I last visited and good selection, as well as related products (eg. drink mixers) that would be useful. I also liked that it's straightforward and decent availability of most common vitamins and supplements. I just wish they would supply more hemp products, especially hemp seed oil capsules as an alternative to fish oil. I do not like the 'fish burps' and like hemp seed oil instead, but I have to order online through another retailer to get it.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

I have been purchasing a few items at a local shop and now 2 items have been discontinued that I loved. Tried their new free auto shipping recently offered but their website will not take my credit card. When talking with customer support, she could not set it up for me and claimed someone would call me, but they never did. So taking my business elsewhere!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

I like the large variety of brands that Vitamin Shoppe offers, along with ways that the customers can purchase the various products for ingestion i.e. gummies vs. capsules. Next to GNC, it is my favorite to shop for vitamins and different supplements. The customer service and care is very good. They usually have most everything that I'm looking for right there at the shop.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I've known the name for forever, I always remember it because how shoppe is spelled. People talk about it and I feel like they used to have many store to actually visit too. But they are slow in shipping and even sent mine to somewhere else first? They shipped some products to me instead of my neighbors and I opened by mistake. Also, I feel they might not be as progressive as some smaller places and don't have alternative options as much. Maybe price is sometimes high, but could be more progressive and "hip"?

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

Vitamin Shoppe has great locations. The stores are always nice and clean. The store reps are helpful and always courteous. The prices are also reasonable, and there is a wide selection of products. I like visiting the store, I have one very close to me. The representative are knowledgeable about the products and helpful with selections. I can also find things online but I haven't ordered anything online. I have checked to see if there were products available in the store. This has been helpful and time saving. Some of the prices for certain items are pricey. I wish there were more locations in my city. The stores could be a little bigger or have a wider selection of products.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

I like their variety, reputation and online offers. They have an easy website to navigate, lots of variety and a very comprehensive system of classifying product. The products are highest quality and I feel confident ordering from this retailer. Product arrived as ordered, and as expected packaged well. I have shopped online and in store and always have been satisfied. I would like to be able to reorder from a suggestive email, and not have to navigate the site again. Also, shipping charges, though I know are preset by the shipping agents and hard to negotiate, could be better. Email frequency could be tailored better to the end consumer and a customized reorder program with analytic suggestions would be great. A monthly box type system, similar to what I use with another retailer would be awesome.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

We have been shopping on 20 August 2017 for vitamins, and found Vitamin Shoppe, and there was a coupon incentive of $25 if our order is $125 and more, and the validity of the coupon was 21 August 2017, we placed our order that meets the conditions and paid it via credit card. To our despair, received today, 24 August 2017 that our order was cancelled, informing us not to answer the email sent to us without offering any other way to communicate to Vitamin Shoppe. They offer to place the order again (with no options to use their coupon). We consider this as a scam tactic.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

A specific thing I like the most about Vitamin Shoppe is they have a large selection of different products for my nutritional needs like vitamins and nutrition bars. However, they're kind of pricey compared to places like Walmart or Sam's Club that have larger quantities for cheaper. My overall experience using this company was best in product selection, I was able to choose from less popular brands that may not be found conveniently in stores nearby.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I like that I know what I am taking and that means that what is on the label can be trusted. I would not order if I did not trust because you cannot be too careful these days. Though, sometimes items are sold out. I do not like this but also understand that it just happens sometimes with a good product. I wish some items had a longer shelf life and still had the potency. I feel good taking the supplements that I buy here. If you feel good you know it is working. Everything always comes on time and there is always some sort of great deal.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

Vitamin Shoppe has a large variety of different vitamins, an easy to use website and other family members have used the website. They are different from other company and providers. I wish they had a store closer to where I live though. It would be a lot more convenient. I had one problem with an order and customer service was really good and helpful and I was able to get my order corrected. Shipping and delivery was fast. I get the majority of my orders within a week and a half.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

You can take a sale advertisement for specials in from any other store and Vitamin Shoppe will price match. I love that convenience and quality, it puts them above other stores. They have a very good and broad selection of products, which includes organic and holistic items. I'm very synthetic chemical conscious, so this is a big plus. I wish there were more locations, primarily where I live now vs before. I had a store around the corner in VA and can't find one now where I am in IL.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

Vitamin Shoppe has a good selection of products. And it's easy to view and find what you're looking for. I like that you can look at the ingredients of the different things that are available. I was happy with the product and the time it took to get it. Also, customer service was fine. The delivery time works fine and I was happy with my experience overall. However, I would like to see more reviews of the different products especially on some of the less popular items. And maybe some more natural products and things that aren't so readily available in the US.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

I have been shopping at Vitamin Shoppe for a couple of years now and I could gladly say that I have a very good experience shopping with them. They are always friends and supportive when I shop at their stores. Also, they always have the products I’m looking for because of the wide selection of brands they carry, and even when they are out of stock they are always willing to order it for me online.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

Easy to order and reorder online. Vitamin Shoppe keeps a record of all my previous purchases so I don't have to browse through all of their products to find what I want or need to buy. Their ordering system works just fine The product selection was extensive, the customer service was excellent, and the shipping was unbelievably quick. Overall a very easy and pleasant experience.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

They have excellent prices and a much wider selection of vitamins and supplements than any brick and mortar store I have ever been to. Shipping is fast and often free. Also, I have had good service from them. But it would be very nice to have a live customer service representative that can answer any questions you have about different products. I would buy more items if I was able to get more information on them. Also, there is such a wide variety of products that it can sometimes be overwhelming.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Vitamin Shoppe is a lower cost alternative that works well for me. I have shopped at other stores where you have to pick and choose, were more expensive, and they don't carry as many brands, so I wound up getting from different places. The product selection with Vitamin Shoppe is vast and I can find everything I want in one place with low prices. Also, the search and checkout process was easy and worked well. Very good store for vitamins and I will return to the online site for my vitamin and other needs.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

Vitamin Shoppe is Reliable. They offer good products, a wide variety and many different brands and quantities to choose from, and their prices are competitive so that I feel as though my money is well spent. I am happy to shop here and my orders are shipped and arrive quickly and as promised on the site. I am very pleased with the quality of their products and services. I would like more sales and deals but I am otherwise pleased. I highly recommend them to friends. They were fast, their website is easy to navigate, ordering is easy to do and secure, and the overall experience is pleasant. I will continue to use this company.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

Vitamin Shoppe has Great prices and ship fast. They also have a large selection of vitamins and herbs that I like. Easy to check out and have lots of specials on the vitamins and supplements I buy and new products astroturfing well. They have lots of brands to choose from and easy to find what I was looking for.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

I love Vitamin Shoppe because it has a vast array of vitamins for every single need. The product selection was amazing. There was an ample amount of different brands and vitamins to choose from. Shipping and delivery was that of a normal business. But I would definitely change the pricing of these vitamins. These vitamins are way too expensive for my salary. Some are so expensive just for a small bottle.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

My experience with Vitamin Shoppe was great, I got what I needed and they helped me get the right stuff. I can also pick out from a big selection. They have great customer service too. People are friendly and always assist me.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

They are great. They have a simple website, easy order process, and great customer service. To start with, there are many options of supplements. They also have excellent people working for them who are knowledgeable and ready to answer any questions or concerns. The supplements are also easy to navigate through. Also, the products and prices are good. The shipping process is streamlined and the return policy is uncomplicated too.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

I like this company and I love the selection of products and how they always have something in stock. They are great and always have what I need. If they don't, I can let them know and then get notified when it's available. It's easy to find what you need, if you need help, customer service will help you with anything you might need. I've never had a time when I didn't get what I asked for or didn't feel a difference when I took them. The customer service is amazing and the products work better than other brands. Also, the shipping is quick, easy and packaged well.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

Vitamin Shoppe has been doing what it does since 1977 so they're definitely experts in vitamins. They are very reputable having been around a very long time. Shipment is easy and prices are reasonable. Plus, they have an excellent supply of all the brands I take. I have had nothing but positive experiences with each vitamin purchase, both online and in their stores. Customer service is always bar none, the best. I have always been happy with their service, which is prompt, simple and straightforward. In the rare case that I have had a problem, their customer service has been prompt and responsive to my needs.

Vitamin Shoppe Company Information