1.76/5
Based on 42 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

92 Vitamin Shoppe Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I purchased 2 Organic Doctor foot and heel creams on 8/4/18 online to ship to Vitamin Shoppe store on Tampa ave in Northridge CA. I called customer service and the actual store because on the confirmation my telephone number was incorrect. I was told by both customer service and the store that it didn’t matter because once my items arrived I would receive an email to inform me that I can come pick up my purchased items. I NEVER RECEIVED AN EMAIL. Instead, 6 days later I received an email stating my order was cancelled because I didn’t come pick it up and there was a “problem” with my payment in which I had already paid for the merchandise in order for them to ship it to the store. I immediately called customer service. Customer service and she said she wasn’t sure what was going on and why I was not contacted BUT she apologize for this.

I explained that this was unacceptable because Vitamin Shoppe still had my money, I still didn’t have my merchandise that I paid for, no one knows what’s going on and the apology was just to shut me up, it was not an apology to correct the situation. I asked to speak with her supervisor. The supervisor said the same thing. So, I called the store and they said the same thing. I asked everyone about my money. Everyone said they would contact Vitamin Shoppe. I then called PayPal because I paid through PayPal Credit. PayPal Credit said they would put a request in for my refund on 8/11/18. I still have not received my refund nor do I have my merchandise that I paid for. Vitamin Shoppe is a fraudulent company and beware of them!!! It is a shame how people get paid to do a job that they DO NOT do. They have not tried to accommodate me in any way and still have my money and merchandise. The company and customer service is horrible!!! Beware.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Worst customer service I have EVER received. I cancelled my account 3 months ago by speaking with a representative on the phone. On the 3rd, $30 was taken out of my account with no email no order number, nothing. I called and was told I would get it refunded that day by a SUPERVISOR. I was lied to and after calling 3 more times, and every time they said it was already refunded. Turns out it wasn’t, and they will not pay back the charge for overdrafting my bank account. DO NOT SHOP HERE OR GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD. SCAM.

Get expert buying tips about Vitamins Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 25, 2018

Last week on the 18th of July I went into a Vitamin Shoppe in Pearland Texas to purchase a container of your brand of vitamin c powder 1000mg 8 oz, I waited until today 7/25/2018 to open it because I was waiting of another product to come in the mail to use with my vitamin c powder. Well to my surprised when I pulled the protected tab off the container it's wasn't a full 8oz container. It's more like a 4 oz worth. Half of the jar is empty. I paid $11.98. I got it over the 4 oz so it would last at least a month but if I knew I getting short change 4 oz I would have bought the smaller container. I feel something needs to be done about this, I'M A VERY DISAPPOINTED LOYAL CUSTOMER.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I placed my order, I was charged, and Vitamin Shoppe immediately cancelled the order saying the products weren't available. So that's ridiculous to begin with. Take it off your site if it's not available. BUT THEN--3 days after they took my money, I haven't gotten a refund. So now I'm chasing them trying to get my money back. They are the WORST.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Ordered a product on June 4 which was damaged by UPS en-route. So UPS sent it back to them and only after multiple emails and phone calls did Vitamin Shoppe tell me what happened with my package. Anyways, they resent it, this time to a wrong address. So, I contacted their customer service again and after 10 emails back and forth and multiple phone calls, they still haven't shipped my product to the right address.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vitamin Shoppe?

Original review: June 18, 2018

Vitamin Shoppe is neglecting to help me as they were hacked. Someone got credit card info. They are hanging up on me, not doing anything to help out. I have given them so much support over the years. Beware all... Do not buy online with them...

Original review: June 4, 2018

Regular customer x 4 yrs. Packaging lately has been substandard. Bag of chips was open with contents all over box. Poorly secured with insufficient bubble wrap. Cake bites very warm, melted and disfigured... delivered 8 days after ordered. Good grief. Will try competitors for next orders.

Original review: May 14, 2018

Ordered a product online and it turned out to be a nightmare. Never received the product here in Canada as I refused to pay a brokerage fee and no one could tell me what the cost would be. The product was returned (as it was never received). Now I am told that my refund is denied even though the return policy says, quite clearly, that any returned unopened order will be refunded in full. An absolute scam!!! Do not order anything from this company online!

Original review: May 5, 2018

I am a regular shopper at Vitamin Shoppe for convenience but my experience is far below expected. I shop at the store 0249, OR. I placed a bulk order with them and noticed the charges were twice as high as it should be. After many emails and few phones called, they did fix the issue but after reading other reviews, I thought this is the company's common practice since so many others had the same experience.

Again just a few days back I went there and bought so many items. After came back I checked what I got to find out 5 units were missing. I went back and ask. Staff asked to come back while the manager is at the store. I went next day and I were given the balance. I asked what went wrong? They said, "don't know, everything is perfect at the store, there is nothing extra". I told them that in that case, I am not gonna take anything from here. But I know how much I should have and how much I got. That means, there should be excess at the store. I left and did not take anything. Big loss for me!

Original review: April 19, 2018

From one order I had two separate issues! First they billed me when the order was first purchased. Fine. But shortly after I noticed a second charge. I call them to find out why and they tell me it's my bank fault. BS. One item shipped separate from the rest of the order so they reauthorized a second amount besides the initial order charge. So in the meantime I didn't have access to those additional funds until the second charge dropped off a few days later. Unacceptable. Then one of my items was never shipped, I contacted chat support who were rude and unprofessional. In the end I got a replacement sent but who knows when it will arrived. I had ordered these items for post surgery recovery and now one of them most likely won't be here in time.

Original review: March 30, 2018

Ordered a product on March 11 and it is now supposed to be delivered on March 30. When ordering they state it ships within 4 days. 19 days is unacceptable. They apologized and offered me $5 off my next order. This was a product that we needed right away. I asked to have someone call me back or email me. I was told that they cannot. I will never do business with them again.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I went into Vitamin Shoppe as I always do. Paid for my vitamins and when I got home and checked my bank account they slammed me 3 times for the same purchase. And reading the reviews on Vitamin Shoppe I will now start paying by cash. Also today is 3-8-18 Thursday and you cannot talk to corporate because of snow. Ok well I live in south Florida. So we will see. In the meantime YOUR BANK wants you to jump through hoops and now I have a 7-10 day window to hear from my bank for a decision on this matter. If my bank allows this B.S. I will be looking for a new bank as well as a vitamin store. Will keep you posted. Also I have my receipt.

Original review: March 6, 2018

On Jan 30, 2018, I placed an order #** for 3 Body Nutrition Trutein 45/45/10 Blend of Whey 4 Pound Powder VANILLA BEAN @ $49.93 each for $149.78. Upon receipt of the delivery package (**) I discovered the order was wrong. I immediately called the number on the manifest enclosed within the package. I was told by the The Vitamin Shoppe representative to discard the mistaken product and that a correct product would be immediately sent.

A month passed with no replacement. I was forced to spend over an hour on the phone with Jet and The Vitamin Shoppe representative on the evening of March 5, 2018 without a satisfactory resolution. On the morning of March 6, 2018, I again contacted Jet and asked to speak to a supervisor and that request was denied. I also contacted The Vitamin Shoppe and was instructed that it was not their problem to resolve. I have spent over three hours being bounced between two companies, both companies making false and misleading representations, both companies unable to provide the product I paid for a month ago.

I have just ordered the Corporate Certificate of Good Standing long form at the cost of $250 through the NJ. Gov website to receive the corporate information of addresses and corporate officers for both Jet.com.inc Entity # ** and the Vitamin Shoppe Entity # **, that I was refused by multiple Jet.com.inc and Vitamin Shoppe representatives. Fortunately, Rhode Island Courts have award substantial damages against for companies acting with similar behaviors.

I will be willing to discuss offers of settlement, until I receive that requested information for the New Jersey Government. Upon receipt of the Corporate Principles, I will be filing legal action to recover the funds taken from my family, compensation for the extensive time invested to recover my losses and damages as a resulting from the actions of by both companies.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

Very, very poor customer service at VitaminShoppe.com. Out-of-stock items listed as “Ships within 24 hours,” multiple unanswered emails though their own Feedback Forum, discourteous agents operating Live Chat… Overall, incredibly poor communication and a dreadful shopping experience. Avoid the lure of the occasional coupon and avoid VitaminShoppe.com. It is not worth the trouble.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Ordered product online on Feb. 6. Contacted them today, via chat, on Feb. 15 about my order, since I had not heard anything and it never arrived. Oh, that order was cancelled, out of stock. This is the information I got out of chat. I cannot believe I was not notified. This order was for a visiting relative that is leaving 2-28. I ordered from Pharmaca. At least I know it will show up or if it is out of stock, I will be notified. Vitamin Shoppe may as well not even have online ordering since they do not know how to process orders.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I placed an order for Source Naturals Magnesium Malate on Jan 22, '18. Prior to placing the order, the website claims 'ships today'. I called to ensure that the item was actually in stock, (because of a recent order I placed and the item was not in stock.) I was told it was in stock, so I immediately placed my order. The next day, after no notice of my item actually being shipped, I called to verify that it had shipped. I was told that my item would arrive on Jan. 24. I asked, "Is it suppose to arrive at MY house on the 24th?" The rep responded, "Yes." Something didn't feel right so I finished the call and hung up, just so I could call to speak to someone else. I was then told that my item was NOT IN STOCK, although I was previously told it was. I was told the item would arrive at the warehouse on the 24th and should ship that day. It was scanned on the 25th, but it didn't leave the warehouse until the 26th.

Today is Feb 1st, the day my package is supposed to be delivered, and still no package. My package has been sitting only 3 hours away since the 29th. Today makes 4 days of no shipping activity. My order claimed 2-6 days for shipping. Today is day 11 since placing the order, and 8 days since it shipped. I am actually kind of disgusted right now. I need my supplements for energy and to combat my severe constipation. I'm sure you can imagine my misery at the moment. No more online orders from them. Ever.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

January 25th I place an order, one buy one get one 50% off and some other items on sale. 5 days of "processing" go by and I contact support. They tell me that 3 of the items are discontinued and are no longer available and the other will be shipped in a couple days. Fine whatever. Now this morning I get an email 6 days after the order is placed. That the rest of the items are "no longer in stock." Go to the main site and click sale then 9.99 and under deals 4 of the items they don't even have! You can still order everything!? I think it might be a purposeful lure to have people purchase lower discount items and only ever get the ones that were full priced.

Literally the WORST company I've EVER interacted with. Will be watching the site occasionally if/when the items come, back which they will, if the original sale price isn't honored then in my mind it completely confirms this company's unethical practices. The fact that it's been, according to the CS, 20 days since the item was discontinued, and now the rest of the order cancelled after being told multiple times that the rest of the order will be available. You can still just navigate to the site RIGHT now and order 2/1/18 is unbelievable. Will never patronize a single Vitamin Shoppe again. TL:DR; Not a trustworthy company!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I ordered the Buy One, Get One Half off and additional full price items. I was drawn to Vitamin Shoppe because of the Buy One, Get One Half off deal. When they received my order, The Vitamin Shoppe canceled the Buy One, Get One Half Off items and only sent me the full price items. Total Bait & Switch. I am very angry and disappointed.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Vitamin Shoppe online had a 20% discount for any orders over $100. I placed an order for $133. They only gave me a 10% discount. So I emailed them and they said that they would get back to me within 24 hours. That never happened. So I called them. The "wellness enthusiast" employee told me over the phone that they will give me the discount only with my next purchase... since my order had already arrived. I called multiple times to talk to a manager who would not come to the phone. Buyer beware!!!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

On Monday 1/8/18, I placed a $65 order which the money was taken out of my account immediately. I received a confirmation e-mail showing me my order number and telling me that the items I ordered will be shipped that day. Today I called the automated number to find out the status of the order and found out that the order number they gave me was invalid. Additionally, I called customer service and I was told that the order was still being processed. The e-mail they sent me was a scam. They purposely sent me this e-mail in order to take the money out of my account because by law they are not supposed to take the money until the order ships. This is the second time Vitamin Shoppe has done this to me. I will no longer purchase anything from them and once the order is received I will return every item to the store not far from where I live. I am done with these scammers.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I've always purchased from The Vitamin Shoppe stores and have been more than pleased with my experiences! This is my first time ordering online, and I will never ever do this again! I'm disabled on a low income and use a prepaid credit card. They put holds on my account 7x and instead of being charged $62, they held over $200 of my money for more than 7 days! I've had nothing but the runaround and denials and justifications. No one ever apologized. This is never happened to me before in my life and it had devastating consequences, my fault. I should have paid my bills first but who would know this would happen?

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I made an order and paid for expedited shipping- 2nd day air. When order was placed, confirmation said it would “ship today.” It shipped 3 days later. I called and had to talk to 2 people, but eventually was reimbursed for shipping, which was great. Then I track my package and see that it is due to arrive 4 days after shipping, not 2 as is standard for UPS 2nd Day Air. I will not ever be shopping with this business again. I ordered cold medicine prescribed by my naturopath for a bad virus and only available online. This mess up means no medicine for a week when I would have had in 3 days!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I placed an 'ON 100% Whey Gold Standard' order online, and the expected shipping for the same was 2-6 days. However, the product wasn't shipped even by the 7th day. So, I raised a complaint at their contact us: feedback form on their website. After 3 long days, I got their reply; stating that the order has now been returned back to the warehouse. To this, I raised my concern on the same email, but I didn't get any reply. I even raised a complaint on their feedback form, but, no reply. So this time, again after a few days, I called them, and I was told that the product was never shipped in the first place, and that now, they will be processing it soon. But, nothing happened.

So, I called them again the next day. And they told me that, this product and it's no longer in stock in their garage. So, I asked them to cancel my order, so that I can at least get my money back. To that, they told me that it will be done soon enough. But it has been 5 days since and I haven't got the refund yet. And every time I call, I am told that they did not get the payment at their end, and that the bank might be holding it, and I will get the money back after bank releases it after a few days. But till then (if it ever happens), my money is stuck and I did not get my product either. Let alone the frustration I faced during this whole process.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

My experience exceeded my expectations. I am impressed with how well my supplements are working for me and my family. I like their wide range of products, great customer service, and quality products. Truly grateful for the help and direction I get making my supplement/vitamin selections. I feel like I am making good decisions for my family's health when I shop here. Also, I feel secure knowing I am getting quality products that will not just sit on my shelf in my home. I was able to make confident and informative choices on my order whether or not I was choosing the right products for me and my family. My order came in 3 days and sooner than I expected which made me happy. Overall, fantastic experience. Definitely a forever customer.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

Great and trustworthy company. I like their nice and neat and wonderful looking website. Also, nice blue and yellow background on the website. And I like that it's quick and so easy to use. Fast shipping, too. Overall, awesome and friendly customer service and great shopping experience. Use them all the time and will continue to use them for every purchase.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

My experience with Vitamin Shoppe was extremely positive and I have used them numerous times. I prefer them even to Walmarts and local drug store vitamin alternatives. Prices are low and shopping is convenient, coupons available too, variety and size selection is excellent, easy to reach customer service, well packaged and arrived quickly, good followup email with more coupon and loyalty rewards to follow. Product was easy to find, quantity options are ample, variety of delivery methods are good, very good experience and got a good sale plus discount savings allowed. However, shipping time is lengthy but free so can’t complain much about it, but no local store possibly because I’m in a rural area.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

They have a lot of variety and selection to choose from. I like that I can get all of my different vitamins in the same place at the same time. They have the best vitamins to choose from so I know I am buying a good product. The staff is usually helpful. I have a lot of questions about the best types of vitamins for my needs and they are able to answer those. However, the company can sometimes be pricier than getting them somewhere else. Also there are not many locations so it requires me to drive a good bit to visit the store. Overall, my Vitamin Shoppe experience has been great.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I could easily return the product I purchase online at the local store nearby. Also, store experience was great. Shipping is fast and there are huge selections of vitamin but most of the products tend to be a little more expensive than Amazon.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I really liked them. A nice and good company with interesting ideas that I would like to take advantage of. They seemed well thought out and unique as well. The product selection was good and had a nice variety of good options. Shipping was fast and secure. Customer service was helpful and I enjoyed interacting with them.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

Vitamin Shoppe has good customer service, not too pushy and attentive to my needs. I liked how the experience is welcoming and does not push medical pseudoscience. I liked the store layout when I last visited and good selection, as well as related products (eg. drink mixers) that would be useful. I also liked that it's straightforward and decent availability of most common vitamins and supplements. I just wish they would supply more hemp products, especially hemp seed oil capsules as an alternative to fish oil. I do not like the 'fish burps' and like hemp seed oil instead, but I have to order online through another retailer to get it.

Vitamin Shoppe Company Information

www.vitaminshoppe.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business