Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.18/5

Vitamin Shoppe offers a wide selection of supplements, protein, beauty products and more at over 780 stores nationwide. Consumers can also shop online and choose from many top brands, including Vitamin Shoppe’s own store brands. Frequent shoppers can earn points through the company’s rewards program.

Vitamin Shoppe Shop Now

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

Vitamin Shoppe Reviews

Original review: June 27, 2020

Health stores are one of those places where it's easy to get lost looking for an item. Immediately upon entry, I was greeted by Andrew; who escorted me directly to the product I was seeking. After having to experience the online-only order fulfillment delays over the past few months, it was a huge relief to be able to get in and out of a store in a timely manner. Additionally, Andrew's friendly disposition was greatly appreciated.

Original review: May 26, 2020

I submitted an order on 5/13/2020 at approximately 13:32 (1:32PM) EST (this is the time I received the confirmation email stating that they received my order). Then, on 5/15/2020 at approximately 23:18 (11:18PM) EST, I made another order (again, that time is when I received the confirmation email). About 2 weeks goes by, and I email customer care inquiring where my order is, because it still says "processing". I get an email back stating that my orders had been cancelled due to "not passing the verification process" (it was my card, my name is just written different ways so I put the wrong one I guess).

I inquire back and ask why I wasn't sent any email notifications that my orders were cancelled. I was told that they were sent on 5/13/2020 at 11:51AM EST (approximately 2 hours prior to my placing the order) and 5/15/2020 at 9:51PM EST (again, approximately 2 hours prior to my placing the order). I was NEVER sent these emails (I checked several times, even in my spam folder) and telling me they were sent at those times EST is a blatant lie. Never ordering from them again.

Get buying tips about Vitamins Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

I have been buying iron pills {non constipating} from the Vitamin Shoppe for a couple of years. They are hard to find. Well a couple of months ago they started changing their yellow and green bottles to cheaper looking blue and white bottles.The clerk assured me they were the same pills just a new label. They are not the same. First they smell really bad, a strong mineral smell and second they taste so bad, can't get the taste out of your mouth with water. My husband and I were both gagging. Never had this taste with a pill. So I went back to the store to see what else they had, I even brought the smelly pills and the clerk acted like a know-it-all. Said there was nothing wrong with the pills and he takes them and that's what they smell like. Wouldn't listen when I said they never smelled and tasted like this before. Oh well I left and won't be back. This is the second time I had this guy as a clerk and I am done with his rudeness. GOOD BYE VITAMIN SHOPPE!!!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

I have a bad cold and t so I took their vitamin c complex even 50,000 mgs over a 4 day but it genetically modified crap! Long as the vitamin c complex is worthless so I will be getting my vitamins from a reliable vitamin store. Your vitamins cannot be high quality as they are all GMOs. A real vitamin c strips the coating off the parasites so the killer cells can see them and attack them but with GMOs a make-believe vitamin this cannot happen. So shame on you!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

I bought protein powder when I was going to use my rewards points. The cashier didn't explain that I couldn't use my points and the discount coupon if not until I made the transaction.the rough workers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vitamin Shoppe?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Do not ever buy anything online from Vitamin Shoppe. They are the literal worst. They have things listed in stock and should ship in a week. Then it’s not ready to be shipped with multiple new “ship” dates stringing you along for months until they just up and cancel your entire order. The worst run online store in existence, worst customer service. I bought supposed in stock items on 9/30/19 and six ship date pushbacks later they completely canceled on 11/14/19.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

The price matching policy is very deceptive and the employees are rude. I went in to purchase a item. While there I noticed it was on sale at Amazon. I was told they would not match it seeing it wasn't by Amazon. But looking at their policy they dont match Prime items and but they price match items shipped and sold by Amazon which would make it Prime. So they're wording should just say we dont price match Amazon. When bring this up I had the employee smirk and roll his eyes at me. No wonder this store is always empty. I will never go back. I will go elsewhere for my kids vitamins.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

I want to compliment both the manager and assistant manager, Jackie, who are always professional, kind, courteous, and very customer service. The store is clean and well-stocked and the staff always available for any questions...

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

I've been a long long-time consumer and reward member for 10 years, yet they consistently have a problem updating my personal information, in-store. 3 years ago, I moved out of state and have continued shipping at the Vitamin Shoppe and when they started the auto delivery, I signed on. Naturally, the female employee confirmed my shipping address and I made here aware of my new one. She assured the info was now updated, yet I receive a charge and delivery to my old state address two times in a row. I'm currently awaiting their response for refunds or I'm done with them. Update to come.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

I ordered a product online from them. I came to pick it up and it was already in a bag. Thinking nothing of it, I took it home with me. Later on, I found someone had opened the package from the side and removed one third of the supplements I paid for. I called their customer service and was told I would be given a refund. The refund never came and the email promised explaining the situation never materialized either. I called back again only to get the runaround and brush offs from another customer service rep. This one told me to go to the store. I gave up. I lost about twenty bucks, but at least I know not to deal with them ever again. Very dishonest business model. I don't think they actually care about customer service. Looking back at it now it has the hallmarks and feel of a hustle.

Vitamin Shoppe Company Information