Vitamin Shoppe

Compare Online Vitamin Stores

Research top Online Vitamin Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I have been purchasing a few items at a local shop and now 2 items have been discontinued that I loved. Tried their new free auto shipping recently offered but their website will not take my credit card. When talking with customer support, she could not set it up for me and claimed someone would call me, but they never did. So taking my business elsewhere!

Vitamin Shoppe has great locations. The stores are always nice and clean. The store reps are helpful and always courteous. The prices are also reasonable, and there is a wide selection of products. I like visiting the store, I have one very close to me. The representative are knowledgeable about the products and helpful with selections. I can also find things online but I haven't ordered anything online. I have checked to see if there were products available in the store. This has been helpful and time saving. Some of the prices for certain items are pricey. I wish there were more locations in my city. The stores could be a little bigger or have a wider selection of products.

I like their variety, reputation and online offers. They have an easy website to navigate, lots of variety and a very comprehensive system of classifying product. The products are highest quality and I feel confident ordering from this retailer. Product arrived as ordered, and as expected packaged well. I have shopped online and in store and always have been satisfied. I would like to be able to reorder from a suggestive email, and not have to navigate the site again. Also, shipping charges, though I know are preset by the shipping agents and hard to negotiate, could be better. Email frequency could be tailored better to the end consumer and a customized reorder program with analytic suggestions would be great. A monthly box type system, similar to what I use with another retailer would be awesome.

We have been shopping on 20 August 2017 for vitamins, and found Vitamin Shoppe, and there was a coupon incentive of $25 if our order is $125 and more, and the validity of the coupon was 21 August 2017, we placed our order that meets the conditions and paid it via credit card. To our despair, received today, 24 August 2017 that our order was cancelled, informing us not to answer the email sent to us without offering any other way to communicate to Vitamin Shoppe. They offer to place the order again (with no options to use their coupon). We consider this as a scam tactic.

A specific thing I like the most about Vitamin Shoppe is they have a large selection of different products for my nutritional needs like vitamins and nutrition bars. However, they're kind of pricey compared to places like Walmart or Sam's Club that have larger quantities for cheaper. My overall experience using this company was best in product selection, I was able to choose from less popular brands that may not be found conveniently in stores nearby.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vitamin Shoppe?

I like that I know what I am taking and that means that what is on the label can be trusted. I would not order if I did not trust because you cannot be too careful these days. Though, sometimes items are sold out. I do not like this but also understand that it just happens sometimes with a good product. I wish some items had a longer shelf life and still had the potency. I feel good taking the supplements that I buy here. If you feel good you know it is working. Everything always comes on time and there is always some sort of great deal.

Vitamin Shoppe has a large variety of different vitamins, an easy to use website and other family members have used the website. They are different from other company and providers. I wish they had a store closer to where I live though. It would be a lot more convenient. I had one problem with an order and customer service was really good and helpful and I was able to get my order corrected. Shipping and delivery was fast. I get the majority of my orders within a week and a half.

You can take a sale advertisement for specials in from any other store and Vitamin Shoppe will price match. I love that convenience and quality, it puts them above other stores. They have a very good and broad selection of products, which includes organic and holistic items. I'm very synthetic chemical conscious, so this is a big plus. I wish there were more locations, primarily where I live now vs before. I had a store around the corner in VA and can't find one now where I am in IL.

Vitamin Shoppe has a good selection of products. And it's easy to view and find what you're looking for. I like that you can look at the ingredients of the different things that are available. I was happy with the product and the time it took to get it. Also, customer service was fine. The delivery time works fine and I was happy with my experience overall. However, I would like to see more reviews of the different products especially on some of the less popular items. And maybe some more natural products and things that aren't so readily available in the US.

I have been shopping at Vitamin Shoppe for a couple of years now and I could gladly say that I have a very good experience shopping with them. They are always friends and supportive when I shop at their stores. Also, they always have the products I’m looking for because of the wide selection of brands they carry, and even when they are out of stock they are always willing to order it for me online.

Easy to order and reorder online. Vitamin Shoppe keeps a record of all my previous purchases so I don't have to browse through all of their products to find what I want or need to buy. Their ordering system works just fine The product selection was extensive, the customer service was excellent, and the shipping was unbelievably quick. Overall a very easy and pleasant experience.

They have excellent prices and a much wider selection of vitamins and supplements than any brick and mortar store I have ever been to. Shipping is fast and often free. Also, I have had good service from them. But it would be very nice to have a live customer service representative that can answer any questions you have about different products. I would buy more items if I was able to get more information on them. Also, there is such a wide variety of products that it can sometimes be overwhelming.

Vitamin Shoppe is a lower cost alternative that works well for me. I have shopped at other stores where you have to pick and choose, were more expensive, and they don't carry as many brands, so I wound up getting from different places. The product selection with Vitamin Shoppe is vast and I can find everything I want in one place with low prices. Also, the search and checkout process was easy and worked well. Very good store for vitamins and I will return to the online site for my vitamin and other needs.

Vitamin Shoppe is Reliable. They offer good products, a wide variety and many different brands and quantities to choose from, and their prices are competitive so that I feel as though my money is well spent. I am happy to shop here and my orders are shipped and arrive quickly and as promised on the site. I am very pleased with the quality of their products and services. I would like more sales and deals but I am otherwise pleased. I highly recommend them to friends. They were fast, their website is easy to navigate, ordering is easy to do and secure, and the overall experience is pleasant. I will continue to use this company.

Vitamin Shoppe has Great prices and ship fast. They also have a large selection of vitamins and herbs that I like. Easy to check out and have lots of specials on the vitamins and supplements I buy and new products astroturfing well. They have lots of brands to choose from and easy to find what I was looking for.

I love Vitamin Shoppe because it has a vast array of vitamins for every single need. The product selection was amazing. There was an ample amount of different brands and vitamins to choose from. Shipping and delivery was that of a normal business. But I would definitely change the pricing of these vitamins. These vitamins are way too expensive for my salary. Some are so expensive just for a small bottle.

My experience with Vitamin Shoppe was great, I got what I needed and they helped me get the right stuff. I can also pick out from a big selection. They have great customer service too. People are friendly and always assist me.

They are great. They have a simple website, easy order process, and great customer service. To start with, there are many options of supplements. They also have excellent people working for them who are knowledgeable and ready to answer any questions or concerns. The supplements are also easy to navigate through. Also, the products and prices are good. The shipping process is streamlined and the return policy is uncomplicated too.

I like this company and I love the selection of products and how they always have something in stock. They are great and always have what I need. If they don't, I can let them know and then get notified when it's available. It's easy to find what you need, if you need help, customer service will help you with anything you might need. I've never had a time when I didn't get what I asked for or didn't feel a difference when I took them. The customer service is amazing and the products work better than other brands. Also, the shipping is quick, easy and packaged well.

Vitamin Shoppe has been doing what it does since 1977 so they're definitely experts in vitamins. They are very reputable having been around a very long time. Shipment is easy and prices are reasonable. Plus, they have an excellent supply of all the brands I take. I have had nothing but positive experiences with each vitamin purchase, both online and in their stores. Customer service is always bar none, the best. I have always been happy with their service, which is prompt, simple and straightforward. In the rare case that I have had a problem, their customer service has been prompt and responsive to my needs.

The website was well laid out and customer service was very helpful and mannered. They have a nice, wide product selection and I didn't have any issues finding the vitamins I was looking for on there. Their selection made it easy as did their employees. I quite enjoyed buying from them. Delivery was quick and shipping prices were nothing extravagant.

They have good selection organic vitamins and vitamins that help with a variety of conditions. The vitamin was good for my condition. They have good customer service with knowledgeable staff also. Varying pricing too. Prices are high on some items. The store is very nice on the Upper East Side of Manhattan so the rents must be high so I understand why prices are high but you can get cheaper elsewhere like Amazon. They are in a good location though in the Upper East Side by my building and they keep the store clean. Other than that, they offered great advice. I asked them a question about a health issue and they were very helpful and offered a variety of options. Very good experience.

Vitamin Shoppe has a wide variety of vitamins to select from. They accepted my preferred method of payment. They always got my order correct and shipped when promised. They are an excellent source for vitamins. They never ran out of my vitamins and my order was always shipped in a timely fashion. I had an excellent experience.

I felt upset Even though I exchanged item. The item I purchased online. Pick up at store. One of item's bottle cap was broken And liquid looked spilled out of sealed. So I went to Fairfax.CA store for refund as their policy in 30 day. However, At first, he was unkind and not willing to get my money back or exchange. I got store credit, so I asked him for same item. He said not in stock. He can only send me to my address. Asked my Phone number numerous times. I asked him to send by mail. Then, he brought the item I needed. I was surprised he lie to me. Basically, they have stock but He said no stock. Attitude of him treating customer was not professional at all. I was very disappointed at VitaminShoppe.com and store. I purchased. He looked down on me. Felt really bad.

To all my international people DO NOT and I SERIOUSLY mean DO NOT buy from the Vitamin Shoppe. They are complete scammers/scoundrels. When placing orders they don't show you the amount till the end even, when you apply a coupon code you still don't see what or how much you're getting off. At first it showed me $31 total Canadian. Then I applied my coupon code and the total amount disappears. I'm like ok we'll see at the end... to find out the ** total almost is $70. PLS PLS PLS DO NOT PURCHASE ** from these pigs. Be aware. Sucks iHerb.com ran out. They are always my 1st choice even though I pay customs fees when my things arrive.

Ordered product on a Monday, needing it for a trip scheduled Saturday. Website stated product in stock, and est. ship date on same day as ordered. Checked status on Tuesday, was informed it would ship that day. Product did not ship, so I checked again on Wednesday; SOS, they said it was going out that day. Here it is Thursday, still has not shipped. Called again and get the apologies, but was told they'll ship today, next day air. (Will keep an eye on CC to make sure they don't bill for that.) Amazing in this day and age that I can order same product from Amazon, and get a shipping confirmation within a couple of hours. Sears and K-Mart learned their lesson the hard way, other Shoppes best take notice, or they will soon be in the dumpster, too.

Vitamin Shoppe advertises, sells and confirms over the phone the quantity of product you're buying, but ship smaller quantity. They say 16oz is what you're buying, they document the sale as 16 oz and ship you 14 oz. After being notified of the error, they continue to do the same thing and make no changes to product description on website. Raw Fit original has been on the website as 16 oz for months, but they ship 14 oz. Buy elsewhere and get what you pay for.

I went to the store in response to a "same day store pickup" order I placed; 2 days had since passed. I understood that this might be the case at minimum because their website warns you, if the request is made within 2 hours of closing time of your local store, the "same day" request might not be honored. (This would lead one to believe that at minimum, the Vitamin Shoppe is checking real-time in-store inventory, and will fulfill your order from said in-store inventory at your local branch; since there's not much chance that even a timely morning order placed to a store could be fulfilled by same-day evening, if the store has to have the order shipped to it from a different locale.)

Well, clearly this is not the case, as my appearance in-store on the second day, was greeted with "We never received that order." After which point I apparently had no recourse except to purchase the same item from their on-shelf stock. To be fair, I would later note that my spam filter had misplaced an email sent 90 minutes earlier from the Vitamin Shoppe apologizing for not being able to fulfill my online order; regardless of which, why? I have money in my payment source, and the Shoppe said the order was approved. They simply said I had to "Wait to be able to pick it up."

If they aren't ready to fulfill the order, don't email customers saying your order is approved. If I wanted to wait several days for the arrival of a single simple supplement, I'd have ordered from a place that doesn't boast 2-day in-store pickup, max. At least when one orders from Amazon they tell you when the package will arrive, thus giving you a chance to accept or deny their shipping timeframe before you press "buy". Very poor process on the part of the Vitamin Shoppe.

Hagerstown, Maryland branch is run by a very short angry man. Unlike all other locations he hides his free samples of protein and energy drinks in the back of his fridge like some kind of freak. They are normally set out in a cooler for customers to help themselves. I spend $4-20 a day at VS stores. This guy told me I wasn't allowed a sample as I had a sample the day before on a separate TRANSACTION. He told me no. I asked again and he said it cost him money... personally. Forget the 15 or 16 years of customer loyalty of $2,000-$4,000 yearly. These guys told me no repeatedly. It wasn't a joke. I'll just go elsewhere. Keep your samples. The few cents you saved cost you thousands.

I was in the Burnside Portland, Oregon store today to pick up some **. The sales associate seemed very rude. She had black hair and was about 5 feet in height. When my change was handed back to me she "threw it" at me, while giving me rude looks as I left the store. Being a national nutritionist I used to send clients to your store, however in the future I am having serious reservations about using your store as a referral service for supplements and vitamins for my clients.

I don't appreciate being treated disrespectfully as a customer in your store and if this continues I will no longer shop at your store, and refuse referring my clients to your store. I have shared my experience with numerous online customer rating networks so they too may be warned about this behavior that is occurring at the Portland, Oregon Burnside location.

Vitamin Shoppe Company Profile