4.06/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Vitacost

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 2, 2017

70 Vitacost Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I live in the UAE and purchased just over $100 worth of vitamins. The vitamins are about a quarter of the price to buying them here, which is a plus for Vitacost. However, they only use DHL global mail service and not courier. I received a tracking number on the 1 Sept and that's when the problems started. After the package had been picked up by DHL and started processing by them, DHL put a message on my tracking page that they do not deliver to residential or business addresses in my area and that I needed to provide the merchant VITACOST with a PO Box otherwise delivery can't be made.

I immediately advised them about the message I received and gave them a PO Box and asked them to confirm that they had in fact advised DHL, they did not confirm to me. Every response I got was a standard reply stating that I have to wait 60 days before an investigation can take place. I kept reiterating about the PO Box situation but only got the wait until after 60 days reply again and again. Today they sent me a survey and I filled it in giving all ratings 0. I quickly got a reply back once again saying I had to wait 60 days to start investigating.

After I once again mentioned the PO Box issue I got a reply saying that as I provided a wrong address in first place they are not going to investigate my package as being lost and were not going to provide me a refund and that as a courtesy they were going to credit my card with the $11 postal charge!!! I did not give a wrong address, I gave normal delivery instructions (which I use for all previous DHL and FedEx deliveries with many other merchants without problem). I only got the message about providing a PO Box after it had been collected and processed by DHL. They are using this as an excuse not to provide a full refund. In addition to this I have advised them several times that I have terminal cancer and that these vitamins are extremely important to me but they have no interest. Absolutely the worst company I have ever dealt with in my life... lesson learnt cheap turns out expensive. If you are an international buyer AVOID this company.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

They have a lot of deals and a lot of quality products and they make sure that I get the best deals possible. Everything went smoothly when I ordered. The website is nice and costs were clear and I'm never disappointed with my order and the free shipping was relatively fast and hassle-less. But the company doesn't seem to be mindful of the customer and puts out deals of products people don't normally buy. There were deals on their own specific products although they have released on a plethora of products.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

My overall experience with Vitacost has been very good. The product selection is very good and the shipping and delivery has been wonderful. They have the products I like and at good prices. It's easy to find what you're looking for as well. They ship pretty quickly and everything arrives without damage. The website experience is very good and we've never had any issues with Vitacost.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Vitacost is a good company that cares about their employees and also their customers. They also listen to the customers and give them what they need when they have trouble finding anything. I really like this company.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

They have the brands and the variety of products that I use. Their prices are reasonable. But they don't always have my products and I have to go to another site to see if I could obtain what I need at a reasonable price. My overall experience with Vitacost is pretty good. I usually can get what I am looking for.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shopping Essentials?

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

I like the fact that Vitacost offers great quality, selection, and prices, quick delivery and customer service was always helpful on the phone if needed. Turnaround time was great as well as the site was easy to use and items are easy to locate according to my particular desires. I enjoy ordering from them, however, I would like to see more organic products with a bit more detail and description of the items content.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

Their pricing is better than other sites. I can pretty much find anything I want at Vitacost and the orders are always correct. I can usually find a large variety of products to meet my needs. Sales tax and shipping fees are applicable for totals under $45.00, but you don't realize this until you apply a promo discount, then the total can go below $45.00 and shipping fees apply. It’s almost like not getting the discount. Other than that, the overall experience is good. Delivery is quick and the product arrives in good shape. All in all, I like this company.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I ordered two bottles of Ester-C Vitamins but was sent 2 bottles of some magnesium vitamin. I called to report the error, which could have been dangerous to my health. I was asked for identifying numbers on the bottle. Was put on hold and then told that they would investigate the "bin" from which the bottles were taken and it would take 3 WEEKS. I did not get an apology, an explanation for the 3 week delay or an offer to send the correct product. A few weeks later I received an email saying that they were refunding my money AS I REQUESTED. I never requested a refund. Seems it was easier for Vitacost to blame me for asking for a refund rather than take responsibility for sending the wrong product. The receipt says "We hope you enjoy the healthy products you ordered." It was hardly "healthy" to send the wrong vitamin.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

They are almost perfect the way they are and they have a wide variety of organic products to select from that you can't find in brick and mortar stores. The site is fast and very easy to use and order from. Ordering is easy and prices are also reasonable. My products arrived in a short amount of time and I was happy with my order. My order was correct and arrived in perfect condition.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

My experience with Vitacost is always great! It is where I go for just about all of my household needs. I put in orders with the company at least once a month if not more. They offer free shipping over a certain amount, and it usually arrives within 2-3 days. I always receive my items promptly and without issue. They also have great customer service. When I have forgotten something on my order before, their representative was able to add it for me without issue over the phone. They have great organic options, great prices, and it is easy to check before purchasing if any ingredients are on my do-not-buy list. However sometimes they do not have the brands for which I am looking, so an open line of communication so customers can request certain items be added to the inventory would be nice. I rely on Vitacost for most of my needs - I even get food from them! And I recommend them to anyone I possibly can.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

The overall experience is pleasant enough. The website has very good prices in comparison to the competition, both brick and mortar and online. The layout of the website/store is also very intuitive and easy to navigate. However I am not a fan of and maybe a little put out over is the unsolicited emails they send out. You can unsubscribe from this though. In the end it comes down to the price paid for the product that is being sought. This website has delivered on both accounts.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I like the varied selection and some hard to find items. I enjoy the fact there is an organic and good selection, but more expensive than we enjoyed. Site is relatively easy to navigate. Allows shopping from mobile devices which is nice. Love the sale section. However they send too many emails and not enough products priced competitively to make high shipping costs worth it. Would benefit from more sales. Sales also could last a little longer - and clearance (personally speaking) shouldn't start until 50 percent off. Also, needs less expensive shipping options and less emails.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I was looking for some supplements and couldn’t find the right ones anywhere else including CVS and Walgreens. I was recommended by a friend to check this site. At first I was hesitant but I tried it anyway and found what I needed fast. It was a vitamin c product and the cost was good. Very fast and very reliable source of vitamins and good options of choices to choose from. I really enjoy my shopping at this brand because I can rely on it for vitamins. But the layout of the site makes it a little hard to browse options. Maybe the site graphics could be updated.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

I have always like the product selection. They have a good selection of natural and organic products that me and my family use daily. The shipping is always reasonable and I have never needed to use the customer service. But it would be nice if more stock was kept, or the promotions or discounts periods were extended. They have low prices and offer frequent specials and discounts but some products I buy on a regular basis are often sold out, in turn I can not use the current promotion or discount. Because of this, I have more recently been buying my supplements at a local health-food store.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

They have great customer service, good products, and high quality. Easy to order with a good website. They hardly ever make a mistake on an order, but when they did, they made things right. Once when my order was shorted, they believed me and made it right without a fuss. But while they say they ship cold, they really don't unless you pay extra. If I pay $70 for probiotics that ship with an ice pack, they need to overnight it (without charging me). I have ordered twice, and they arrived hot and ruined each time.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

Vitacost has great prices and a wide variety of choices. I love their BOGO offers. They ship quickly and everything arrives in good shape. The website is easy to use and the products are good quality. It is a great value for what you pay. Every product I have purchased has been exactly what I wanted. I did wish they had higher potency of **. The product selection is great. I haven't used customer service but I am sure it would be just as good.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

I like Vitacost because they offers a wide variety of vitamins and superfoods. Organic non-GMO vitamins which are perfect for my family and keeps me coming back. Everything is well organized and comes in an appropriate timing. I have been a repeat customer for over three years and I love their specials/deals.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

Overall, I like the smooth and easy transaction from start to finish. Items easy to find, at a good cost, delivered when and as expected. Customer service is very easy to work with, friendly, and helpful. Wide variety of natural and organic products. Also that they have a lot of health and beauty items that are hard to find in stores, or are too expensive to purchase in store. However I would like them to offer a fresh grocery delivery service. Also add more grocery items and more beverages especially.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

They have some of the cheapest prices around with a pretty large selection, good customer service, fast and free shipping with a fifty dollar purchase or more, and a good return policy (for when you don't like something as well as when you get a damaged product). However I'd love to see their product selection expand some more and have completely free shipping regardless of how little you spend. Otherwise, I highly recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

They offer a wide range of products that are easy to search for on their site and offer regular promotions on purchases, as well as regular shipping promotions. Products are almost always in stock. They ship super quick and my order is always correct when I receive it. However I wish they would offer free shipping on a lower dollar amount every day. Also, sometimes their promotions are confusing at checkout, like buy one get promotions.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

Vitacost backs up their products, has fast shipping, good quality products and product guarantee, good sales, BOGO offers, and a wide array of products offered. Overall a good company. However the cost of shipping is high, and it is hard to change an order after placing it. There are no more free samples offered anymore. Often prices are still high even with sales. Also hard to understand automatic orders and difficult to qualify for free shipping. Only with a special rare code. But shipping is fast.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

It has been a place for health living & eating and good quality products. I like finding discount vitamins, supplements, health foods, beauty products & more. The customer service at Vitacost is very impressive, responsive and prompt. But I have made a mistake when I left Iherb to deal with this site. I placed an order with them 5 weeks ago, but haven't received yet! When I contacted them asking only to contact the courier they said contact us after 60 days! 60 days! Which means that if I will receive my stuff, most of the items will be expired!

Original review: July 2, 2017

I have been with Vitacost for so many years that I can't remember. Their customer service has always been first rate. If any error was made with an order, a free replacement was sent, including the one that Lasership dropped at the wrong address, where it was rained on for two days, box fell apart, paper inside soaked, etc. If the error required a refund, it was forthcoming immediately. That sounds like there have been a lot of errors. There have not. Over enough years with any company that one orders from monthly, there will be a snafu here and there.

I noticed that many of the poor ratings were not really about Vitacost, but about the shippers they use. Okay, that's a legitimate complaint, but it can be solved. When they made the change to companies like Lasership, for the first time we started experiencing shipping problems, orders either not delivered at all or delivered to the wrong address. I contacted the company and they flagged my account for FedEx shipment only at no cost to me. Now if that's not good customer service, I don't know what is. Yesterday I spent part of my morning on Live Chat, giving Vitacost heck. In the end I realized that I was making a mountain of a molehill and rather than them owing me an apology, I owed them one. Here it is.

Original review: June 15, 2017

I placed an order on Sunday, June 11, and had my box by FedEx Home Delivery on Tuesday, June 13. I live about 15 miles from the East Coast shipping warehouse, although at the time I ordered, I didn't realize that. :) I got top-quality products that I'd pay much more for elsewhere. Thank you!!!! Very pleased with products and service.

Original review: June 5, 2017

I ordered from Vitacost unaware that they use OnTrac as a delivery service. OnTrac is the WORSE delivery co. in the U.S. In fact there are hundreds and hundreds of complaints against them. After many years of shopping online from Walmart and Amazon I closed both accounts because they are using OnTrac as well. When these companies decide to listen to their customers instead of forcing OnTrac on us perhaps we, the customers, will go back shopping online with them again.

Original review: May 27, 2017

I have been with Vitacost for 15 years. People writing bad reviews are those with computer training issues or bad browser problems. The simplest and best way to order is by smartphone app. It is the most current and most user friendly on the planet. Secondly, their products are without a doubt the most incredible and less costly on the planet. Let's also talk about this delivery issue some of these people thought was worth one star about. Seriously, read the disclaimer! If you're ordering a supplement you will get it within three days and if you are close to the center within one day. Remember if you are on the east coast, it is not the company's fault if the shippers run into delay. And you get what you pay for!!! I wish the company success for many years!!!

Original review: May 25, 2017

When I received a product that had become damaged during shipment Vitacost sent a free replacement right away, no hassle. They have a great selection of products and the shipping is very fast. This is my new favorite company for healthy living products. Their customer service is excellent.

Original review: May 23, 2017

I was a first time buyer of Vitacost supplement. When they arrived I noticed that I am allergic to one ingredient of a supplement. I emailed them asking for a possible refund and offered to return the supplement which is unopened with the shipment fully borned by me. Being an international order and the ingredients of the supplement were actually listed on the website, I thought I had zero chance of a refund, feeling that it was my mistake to begin with. To my surprise, I immediately got the refund and Vitacost responded that I did not have to return the supplement. They even gave me suggestion on how to get speedier refund without writing them an email! I am now onto my second order. I am more careful with ordering now and really read the ingredients and other info before ordering. I wouldn't want my favorite supplement supplier to suffer unnecessary loss. I am now a customer for life. Well done Vitacost!

Original review: April 9, 2017

As a Canadian who has lived in the USA briefly I'd say Americans are a bit spoiled re: customer service. And by the way God bless America - I love Americans. I ordered several items from Vitacost and they came up; sailed through customs no problem. You guys are lucky because several good products are banned here in Canada for literally no good reason. Hang on to your supplement freedom because believe me, big bad pharma would love to do here what it has in Europe; massive restrictions on vitamins.

Anyways my advice is to be patient when ordering something. I honestly had no idea when the product would be here or how long it took. I was in pleasant anticipation and then quite happy when my package arrived. End of story. I am ordering again 8 months later. I ordered lots, so I can get free shipping and also more convenient for me to order bigger, less often. Also better for the environment! Thank you Vitacost, from me, a nutritionist with 20+ years' experience.

Original review: March 30, 2017

My granddaughter and I need Gluten Free food which is hard to find locally. We particularly like the Schar products that are only carried sporadically at Walmart. I've tried several other online companies for GF food and none of them had the amazing selection and service that I get from Vitacost. I find out in my email when they have promotions in food and then load up. Most of the items that are available locally are much higher priced at stores compared to Vitacost. While I always try to buy locally, GF foods are so expensive that I only buy my bread locally.

My last order was 20% off and they offer Fed-Ex delivery on orders at least $49. How can you beat that? My granddaughter will be thrilled to get more Schar Entertainment crackers and breadsticks along with the GF candy I ordered. I highly recommend Vitacost as a company. Even when I ordered frozen foods from them, they were still frozen. It was during the fall and I live in Northern MN. If I had a problem I have no doubt that they would handle it to my satisfaction.

Vitacost Company Information