Find a Vitamins Online partner

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

About Vitacost

Vitacost.com is an online vitamin and supplement retailer that offers a wide selection of products. Customers can shop from many different top brands or browse the Vitacost store brands. The company sells vitamins, supplements and specialty diet food products that allow those with dietary restrictions to enjoy many different types of food.

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

Vitacost Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vitacost?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vitacost?

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

Vitacost has been wonderful for me. Their discounts are amazing. I've been shopping with them online for about three or four years now. I first started shopping with them purely because of the great prices. I have continued shopping with them because of their excellent customer service. Throughout the time I've used them I had two deliveries that I never received and their customer service department got back to me immediately. And worked out a satisfactory answer.

I can’t say enough about their wanting to meet my needs. Even though their website says that due to the Pandemic orders are likely to be delayed at least three or four days, fact is that my orders always come in very quickly. They give you a tracking number and their items arrive very quickly. In my experience as a whole Vitacost consistently bends over backwards to try to make me happy and to get my needs met so I just had to write about it let you all know that they are really for the people and not just in it for the profit, thank you!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

Through the years, I have never been disappointed by the selection, prices and service. I live in Ontario, Canada and from the time I placed my order to the time I receive it, it has been often within 3 to 5 days. Vitacost using FEDEX makes a big difference in the shipping turnaround time. This is a great place to buy my supplements. I only wish they had a means to convert their prices into Canadian currency.

Get buying tips about Vitamins Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 28, 2021

I have been happy Vitacost customer for over 10 yrs. This review is long overdue. Right before the pandemic I places 4 rather large orders for all kinds of items. Snacks, supplements, cleaning and paper products. All delivered in a timely manner. I knew there was gonna be shortages, lockdowns and wanted to make sure I was ahead of it. No problems whatsoever. I'm not sure what people are complaining about, I've moved 4 times (in the states of CA & OR) in 10 years and have always gotten my packages on time and in excellent conditions.

Granted our mail carriers are usually excellent, and our weather is very good most days so Shipments dont have to brave snow, rain, extreme heat conditions. Vitacost prices and production are usually made at a high standard for such great price points but pls research your particular item. During the pandemic I didn't need to order anything from any company. Now in mid-2021 I am back to place new orders and my full confidence in Vitacost has not changed.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

I have nothing but good things to say about Vitacost.com. They have good prices, great sales and promo codes with extra savings and super fast shipping. I've ordered from them several times and it's always been great!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

I ordered some vitamins and after 2 days the order and it was sr Still in processing status. Contacted customer service and and they said it was not received, I Will not recommend this company, I use instead iHerb.com, they provide excellent customer service, good prices, Quick Shipping, use code DAR0233 and get always discount.

Original review: July 28, 2021

I have been buying food supplements from Vitacost.com for well over 15 years. However, I recently had a horrendous experience with Vitacost and with its parent company, Kroger. One supplement I normally buy is Jarrow Lactoferrin, 250 mg per capsule, 60 capsules. I went to purchase it a few weeks ago, and right beside its listing on vitacost's website was their own brand of lactoferrin. (They have house brands of many supplements under the name "Vitacost/Synergy". They usually sell for a few dollars less than national brands.) The label of the Synergy lactoferrin said 250 mg, 60 capsules, and it was almost $4 less than the Jarrow, so I ordered 10 bottle of it. When it arrived, I discovered that each capsule contains only 125 mg, and that TWO capsules are required per serving (to equal one capsule of the Jarrow). Thus, the actual cost for a 60 day supply at 250 mg per day was almost twice as much as the Jarrow!

I phoned Vitacost and spoke with two customer service reps and a supervisor (all of whom were belligerent and rude). They told me that the Synergy product -- if I had taken the time to go 2 pages deep into the website and read the ingredients-- is 2 capsules per serving. I was told, "It is your fault," for ordering without reading the details. They would not accept a return, and they would not issue a refund.

I learned that Kroger is the parent company, and phoned and left messages twice, and also sent two emails to the Vice President in charge of contact centers. His name is Jamie **. He didn't respond, but after the second email, I got a call from his assistant, who said that ** would not accept a return or a refund, but would credit my account $18 on my $146 purchase. This was completely unacceptable. I did a little investigation, and found the following:

1) Most supplements give the dosage on the front label ONLY if they contain one ingredient and the dosage is PER CAPSULE.

2) Supplements requiring multiple capsules per serving have only the number of capsules on the front label.

3) Vitacost puts dosages on its front labels even when multiple capsules or tablets must be taken to achieve that dosage. This is not unique to the lactoferrin. They do it for many other products. In tiny letters after the number of milligrams, it says "per serving." However, the unwritten industry standard is one unit (capsule or tablet) per serving unless otherwise specified.

4) Their products with the misleading labels are promoted on their website alongside the most popular national brands. This gives shoppers the impression that they are equivalent, though they decidedly are not. So shoppers like myself are deceived into purchasing a product that costs twice as much as the national brand. ACCORDING TO THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION, THIS CONSTITUTES FRAUD, because it is done for the company's financial gain from selling its own product.

5) Vitacost no longer accepts returns, supposedly to protect their employees from Covid-19. I asked if the employees at their warehouses and shipping facilities are all vaccinated and wear gloves and masks. They would not answer. So apparently, the no-return policy ensures that defrauded customers do not get their money back.

I have reported the issue to my credit card company, the Better Business Bureau, the FTC, and the Attorney General in Florida, where Vitacost is located. I am hoping that the charge will be removed from my credit card balance permanently. But I am writing this to warn other shoppers on vitacost.com: STAY AWAY FROM THE SYNERGY BRAND. In fact, I would advise shopping elsewhere, at companies that do not intentionally defraud their customers by misrepresenting their products in misleading labeling and product placement on their website.

Original review: July 24, 2021

Bought two 10lb bags of protein and after checkout, I found not only a better price at AllStarHealth online, but I noted that they made my order for a flavor that I did not select!!! I noticed it within an hour and three times, on their terrible chat option, I tried to get a refund. They were nowhere close to shipping the product. They refused! They said I had to attempt the refund within 15 minutes!! Is that insane or what?AllStarHealth does not play those games. I 2 days later, they ship the product.

I called management and a very RUDE lady kept talking over me and repeating their terrible policies - she lied and said that my refund request had to go before some review board.... nonsense. But in the same conversation, she stated, "I'm not going to authorize a refund." BUYERS BEWARE! There's too many other online vitamin retailers that will treat you better, ship free and not act like return trolls. Vitacost is the absolute WORST online retailer I have ever experienced and I urge everyone to avoid them at all costs.

Original review: July 9, 2021

I ordered 1 can of protein powder and after waiting a week I check the order and it was processing. Emailed customer service and and they said it was not received. Don't waste your time with this company. It's not worth it.

Original review: May 7, 2021

Was a long time Vitacost customer - never again. My recent order was sent to the wrong address despite my updating my address book with my new address and deleting my old address. I was charged $31 and when I called to request a refund or replacement, I was rudely told it was my fault and they were going to do nothing. I was treated as if I was trying to defraud the company. Instead, I've been robbed of $31 by Vitacost. Good products pricing - horrible customer service. Never, ever again will I use this company and I will make sure everyone I can reach knows why.

Resolution response: April 26, 2021

Vitacost reached out and has offered a one-time resolution to my problem while they have reiterated their policy. As a result, I am upgrading my rating for them because in the past I have been very happy with the name brand products they carry and their own Vitacost brand. Assuming this resolution is done I plan to purchase from them in the future.

Original review: April 25, 2021

I have been a loyal customer of Vitacost for years. They shipped the latest shipment to an obsolete address. It was an online order that I made, and when I got the delivery notification today that it was delivered to an obsolete address they said there was nothing they could do since I didn't react to their order confirmation that came 15 minutes after I hit "order" and the product had already been delivered an hour and one half ago. My billing address and default address is my current address and perhaps I could have made the error, put in an obsolete address and didn't catch it. But they refused to do anything at all. OK, their policy has eliminated all goodwill I may have had towards them. Buy from someone else.

Vitacost Company Information