3.3/5 (45 ratings)

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

About Vitacost

Vitacost.com is an online vitamin and supplement retailer that offers a wide selection of products. Customers can shop from many different top brands or browse the Vitacost store brands. The company sells vitamins, supplements and specialty diet food products that allow those with dietary restrictions to enjoy many different types of food.

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

Vitacost Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vitacost?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vitacost?

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

I placed my Vitacost order on 02/07/22. The order came except for one item. Paperwork (from Vitacost) stated item will be shipped separately. On 02/15/22 I called customer service to check on my order. I waited about 45 mins to reach a person. The representative noticed that in his system it was showing that the entire order was not delivered. I checked on my account on Vitacost.com and noticed the same thing. We spent a fair amount of time on the phone trying to correct the problem. He let me know that the problem was resolved and I should receive my order shortly.

On 02/21/22 I called again. I waited about a half hour to reach a rep. This time I was told that the order was cancelled. I asked what, when and why. I was told in a nut shell, '"Sorry I can't help you." I let this person know that online (Vitacost.com) and hard copy it states the order has not shipped. She stated she couldn't understand where I was getting my info from. At this point I asked to speak to a supervisor. She put me on hold and periodically checked if I was still there. After an hour I hung up frustrated. I have been a customer for several years and place at least 6-9 orders a year. I was shocked at the lack of professionalism.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2022

I have been shopping at Vitacost online for 7 years. I would be lost without this store. Their customer service has been great. Prices are great. Most of the time I can order one day and have my products the next day. The speed of their shipping amazes me. I have referred many friends to shop Vitacost.com!

Get buying tips about Vitamins Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

Vitacost has been wonderful for me. Their discounts are amazing. I've been shopping with them online for about three or four years now. I first started shopping with them purely because of the great prices. I have continued shopping with them because of their excellent customer service. Throughout the time I've used them I had two deliveries that I never received and their customer service department got back to me immediately. And worked out a satisfactory answer.

I can’t say enough about their wanting to meet my needs. Even though their website says that due to the Pandemic orders are likely to be delayed at least three or four days, fact is that my orders always come in very quickly. They give you a tracking number and their items arrive very quickly. In my experience as a whole Vitacost consistently bends over backwards to try to make me happy and to get my needs met so I just had to write about it let you all know that they are really for the people and not just in it for the profit, thank you!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

Through the years, I have never been disappointed by the selection, prices and service. I live in Ontario, Canada and from the time I placed my order to the time I receive it, it has been often within 3 to 5 days. Vitacost using FEDEX makes a big difference in the shipping turnaround time. This is a great place to buy my supplements. I only wish they had a means to convert their prices into Canadian currency.

Original review: June 28, 2021

I have been happy Vitacost customer for over 10 yrs. This review is long overdue. Right before the pandemic I places 4 rather large orders for all kinds of items. Snacks, supplements, cleaning and paper products. All delivered in a timely manner. I knew there was gonna be shortages, lockdowns and wanted to make sure I was ahead of it. No problems whatsoever. I'm not sure what people are complaining about, I've moved 4 times (in the states of CA & OR) in 10 years and have always gotten my packages on time and in excellent conditions.

Granted our mail carriers are usually excellent, and our weather is very good most days so Shipments dont have to brave snow, rain, extreme heat conditions. Vitacost prices and production are usually made at a high standard for such great price points but pls research your particular item. During the pandemic I didn't need to order anything from any company. Now in mid-2021 I am back to place new orders and my full confidence in Vitacost has not changed.

Original review: April 19, 2022

BBB Vitacost periodically sends out promotion codes by mail and quite often they don't work which means I have to either call or chat to resolve it. This past experience with Nicole was miserable. We finally got the one code to work but the one for free shipping would not take and she said she could not give me another code. I said the one sent does not work then she said we’ll go ahead and order and she would take the shipping price off. She assured me we would not be disconnected so I could give her the order number. She kept wanting to pass me along and told me to just call back with the order number to whoever answers because she will document it.

By the way she never reached out to me by email or phone number after we were disconnected. She wanted to do as little as possible. I don’t know if it was just her lack of not wanting to do more or a reflection if Vitacost. Turns out my shipping “request” she said will now take 3-7 days!! I personally don’t like paying for something without an accurate price but I trusted her to follow through of which she didn’t and ended the session. I have all the transcript from both calls. This is how long it has taken and it’s still not totally resolved. Sent from my iPhone.

Original review: March 27, 2022

Have been a customer for 15 years. It's like they stepped off a cliff a few years ago. They used to have the most competitive prices. But their prices have literally more than doubled the last several years. Now I find better prices places like WalMart's site. They persistently have items out of stock. For months straight. Makes you wonder why, like if they're not paying their vendors. Been like that the last few years.

Over the years, shopping there has saved me more than $10k. But with the way things seem to be falling apart, they might be going out of business. They initially opened as a private corporation. Then in 2009 they started being publicly traded. While they were publicly traded, I saw they were losing money. Then in 2014 they got acquired by The Kroger Co. So this might be one of those company acquiring another one, then screwing their operations so much to save money that it ends up making them lose all their customers.

Original review: March 12, 2022

I have been shopping at Vitacost for more than 15 years and, until the last 2-3 years, would have given them 5 stars. There have been increasingly frustrating order deliveries (nothing to do with supply/demand). Deliveries are delivered to wrong addresses, left at the back of my apartment on parking lot/driveway in weather and easily stolen if someone was inclined. This is in spite of a large sign asking that deliveries be left at front door.

Most of the Vitacost deliveries in my area are by OnTrac. FedEx and Amazon have never done this and I am a frequent online shopper. In addition, with more frequency, is leaving my Unit # off of the label (contributing to the delivery issues). I have chatted, called, emailed multiple times with Vitacost Customer Service. They are happy to send the order again or refund but I have been unable to get them to address the core issues. An example would be letting them know the Unit # was not on the label. They say they see it in their system so don't believe it is not there. At one point I took a picture of the label sans Unit # but they did not want to see it.

My latest order (placed on 3/1/22) was within 20 miles of my home and sat there for 7 days then sent back to Vitacost. When I talked with a supervisor, there was no apology, no explanation, just offer of resending order in another 4-5 business days. The most frustrating is their unwillingness to address the basic reason for the delivery issues. I am now researching alternative sites to order from. I may not be their highest spending customer but I average $150 - $200 per month.

Original review: March 7, 2022

I have been ordering from Vitacost for many years. My most recent order was cancelled by Vitacost. Despite several emails, two months later I have not received a refund or my items. I received a email stating my case was under review to determine if I was eligible for a refund (for less than what I paid for my original order). Beyond frustrated and disappointed.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

I placed an order 10 days ago. I am a very long term customer of Vitacost. There was no disclaimer about shipping delays on the website when I placed my order...there still isn't. Apparently they put it on the app but not the web and I don't use the app. Anyway when I found out, they said the order could not be canceled because it was processing and would ship "soon". That was on the 17th. On the 21st talked to them again and was again told they can't cancel or do anything and it should ship any time.

Today is day 10. I get told there are a lot of orders "stuck" in the warehouse. He has no idea when/if it will ship and again, refuses to cancel/refund. On Monday I was told when the actual charge went through and they shipped they would immediately refund. Well now it looks like it will never ship and I won't have access to my money for a month. That's how long a charge is held as "pending". So I have no money and no products while Vitacost has my money and their products.... There is something very very wrong here!

Vitacost Company Information