3.9/5 (431 ratings)

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

About Vitacost

Vitacost.com is an online vitamin and supplement retailer that offers a wide selection of products. Customers can shop from many different top brands or browse the Vitacost store brands. The company sells vitamins, supplements and specialty diet food products that allow those with dietary restrictions to enjoy many different types of food.

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

Vitacost Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vitacost?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

Not a review of individual products but their horrible turnaround from order to delivery, and their horrible customer service. If you order a product today, you may get it 10-14 days later. This is a problem for someone like me who travels or doesn't order 2 weeks in advance. My last two experiences are ordering on day 1, receiving a email from them 3 days later "your order has shipped", not receiving the order within 5 business days, checking status of my order to find "a shipping label was prepared" but my order was not actually shipped. In one case I received order 10 days later, in another I called after 8 days after placing order and the rep said "it may be stuck in transit". I told her an order can not be "stuck" in transit if it was never "in" transit. Free and FAST shipping, total **!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

Worst site for customer service and a very poor running site. When I click the link to check the status of an order the link leads to the wrong shipping site. I've told them many times but it's never fixed. My last order was charged to my bank account but never arrived. I checked vitacost.com and found the items still in my basket but showing not purchased. There was nobody available to contact so I sent an email to them which they never replied to. I had to create a chargeback from my bank which takes forever. Worst site for service but good pricing.

Get buying tips about Vitamins Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2022

On 11/24/2022 I received an email for a "auto ship" of a product that I NEVER, EVER ordered and as I am allergic to NUTS, they sent ME NUTS. I called on 11/25/2022 at 9:21AM and waited 1 hour and 6 minutes before the criminal VITACOST rep answered. I mentioned I wanted to PERMANENTLY remove ALL of my personal information and CC info from VITACOST database, and REFUND THE FRAUDULENT charge.

SUSAN said that they would deactivate my account and NOT PERMANENTLY remove my personal info. I repeated my DEMAND to remove this info, but criminals will be criminals and REFUSES to do so. SUSAN also said she, SUSAN did NOT reverse the FRAUDULENT charge and was shipping anyhow. SUSAN is a perfect example why I stopped using VITACOST over a year ago due to high prices, HORRIFIC CUSTOMER DISSERVICE, poor shipping and extremely LONG shipping times. I spent a total of 1:25, 1 HOUR and 25 MINUTES total before SUSAN hung up on me and THEN 3 minutes later she sent an email confirmation that the order has been sent, but the tracking said they still have the package. NEVER DO ANY BUSINESS WITH VITACOST!!!! CRIMINALS!!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

Vitacost shipped me (a long standing customer) a wrong item. I had got free shipping and a discount and I wanted a replacement not a refund. They want 3 weeks to resolve this issue as they wanted to investigate include photos of the wrong item; they refunded the purchase price but I would be losing money if I bought the same item again plus pay for shipping. I got the item for less money than their discounted price from Amazon Prime and I had it on my doorstep the next day. I will never shop with them again. Previously they would have replaced it with expedited shipping at no cost. In addition, their prices are no longer competitive.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2022

I read the company's reviews and I was afraid to order products from them, but I said I'd give them a chance because they had prices far below the market and I'm glad I did. Before ordering, I called customer service at the phone number they displayed on their page, after I followed all the steps, a representative customer answered me in about 2 minutes, I asked how long it would take for the products to be shipped and when I expect to receive them, she was very kind and gave me all the details and gave me a 20% discount code for the first order. I want to say that after I placed the order, I had the products at home within a week, I had a large order (hundreds of products), I received all the products, they were well packed, and I had no problems. I will definitely work with this company again.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

I've been a loyal customer of Vitacost for years, but I will no longer be purchasing from them. I stocked up on some supplements during a sale, and it backfired on me. I opened a Vitacost brand container, and the bottle was empty except for the cotton and silica gel packet. (I made a video while opening the bottle as it felt suspiciously light when I pulled it from my stash.) Vitacost won't do anything about it because my order was over 60 days old. Very disappointing.

Original review: June 27, 2022

Brands are fine and very much a choice matter but delivery takes far too long for customers in Asia. Follow up procedures remain stagnant with regard to inquiry. I would have thought DHL was far more capable than it appears to be.

Original review: April 19, 2022

BBB Vitacost periodically sends out promotion codes by mail and quite often they don't work which means I have to either call or chat to resolve it. This past experience with Nicole was miserable. We finally got the one code to work but the one for free shipping would not take and she said she could not give me another code. I said the one sent does not work then she said we’ll go ahead and order and she would take the shipping price off. She assured me we would not be disconnected so I could give her the order number. She kept wanting to pass me along and told me to just call back with the order number to whoever answers because she will document it.

By the way she never reached out to me by email or phone number after we were disconnected. She wanted to do as little as possible. I don’t know if it was just her lack of not wanting to do more or a reflection if Vitacost. Turns out my shipping “request” she said will now take 3-7 days!! I personally don’t like paying for something without an accurate price but I trusted her to follow through of which she didn’t and ended the session. I have all the transcript from both calls. This is how long it has taken and it’s still not totally resolved. Sent from my iPhone.

Original review: March 27, 2022

Have been a customer for 15 years. It's like they stepped off a cliff a few years ago. They used to have the most competitive prices. But their prices have literally more than doubled the last several years. Now I find better prices places like WalMart's site. They persistently have items out of stock. For months straight. Makes you wonder why, like if they're not paying their vendors. Been like that the last few years.

Over the years, shopping there has saved me more than $10k. But with the way things seem to be falling apart, they might be going out of business. They initially opened as a private corporation. Then in 2009 they started being publicly traded. While they were publicly traded, I saw they were losing money. Then in 2014 they got acquired by The Kroger Co. So this might be one of those company acquiring another one, then screwing their operations so much to save money that it ends up making them lose all their customers.

Original review: March 12, 2022

I have been shopping at Vitacost for more than 15 years and, until the last 2-3 years, would have given them 5 stars. There have been increasingly frustrating order deliveries (nothing to do with supply/demand). Deliveries are delivered to wrong addresses, left at the back of my apartment on parking lot/driveway in weather and easily stolen if someone was inclined. This is in spite of a large sign asking that deliveries be left at front door.

Most of the Vitacost deliveries in my area are by OnTrac. FedEx and Amazon have never done this and I am a frequent online shopper. In addition, with more frequency, is leaving my Unit # off of the label (contributing to the delivery issues). I have chatted, called, emailed multiple times with Vitacost Customer Service. They are happy to send the order again or refund but I have been unable to get them to address the core issues. An example would be letting them know the Unit # was not on the label. They say they see it in their system so don't believe it is not there. At one point I took a picture of the label sans Unit # but they did not want to see it.

My latest order (placed on 3/1/22) was within 20 miles of my home and sat there for 7 days then sent back to Vitacost. When I talked with a supervisor, there was no apology, no explanation, just offer of resending order in another 4-5 business days. The most frustrating is their unwillingness to address the basic reason for the delivery issues. I am now researching alternative sites to order from. I may not be their highest spending customer but I average $150 - $200 per month.

Vitacost Company Information