2.18/5

136 Vitacost Consumer Reviews

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I placed my order on Monday, November 19th at 4:00 pm, and by 10:30 am Tuesday, November 20th my order was at my front door. It traveled from Lexington, N.C. to Richmond, Va. -- a distance of 245 miles in 18.5 hours. The packaging was perfect; everything was carefully arranged in little bags, and/or within sanctioned cardboard protectors. As an environmentalist, I actually think the Vitacost may be too careful (but, I do save and reuse all of their packaging). I give them an A+ for excellent service. I am writing because I do not understand any negative ratings others may have given. I know from working in a service industry myself, that some people can never be pleased. They were born to complain, and they will expire that way.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

This is a trustworthy company. They do not resell brands that are not authentic. You can count on getting the product you ordered and the companies providing them to this company are confident. They are represented accurately. This is unlike some other online offerings. I have only had one situation where an item had a problem that stemmed from the manufacturer. They were considerate, caring and immediately sent out a replacement. I mean immediately, I could not believe it.

I have never had issues with them, all good. I order monthly so I would know. Their items are very well packed, the items are all new and my confidence level to order from them is very high. I recently learned that all items on Amazon are not directly from the companies and when you see the company name, it does not mean it comes from the actual company. With this, the quality can vary and all independent sellers are not great. This is not the case with Vitacost. I have been using them for years now.

Get expert buying tips about Vitamins Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I have been buying from Vitacost many years and have always been happy with the products and service. There are good promotions and coupons available. I live in CA so my orders typically arrive in 1 day. The orders come with the courier OnTrac and they deliver the boxes up a steep driveway to my door, very nice! Occasionally an item arrives damaged and Vitacost replaces or refunds it as soon as I inform them. I am surprised to see the negative reviews, but no company is perfect. I noticed one complaint was regarding the CA Prop 65 warning that appeared "only" on Vitacost products. I wanted to point out this warning shows up on many name brand products I buy, such as NOW Foods and others.

One company I called stated that even if one ingredient in their vitamins might possibly require the warning label, they just put the warning label on to cover themselves. The actual CA Prop 65 website states many companies apply the warning to protect themselves legally, even though there's no ingredients requiring the warning. I do have one concern now that I read a complaint about the "Best Buy" date on Vitacost brand nut butters. I looked at my VC Almond Butter and yup, the Best Buy date was 4 months after I purchased them.

I had stocked up and I would never be able to eat it all in 4 months, name brands usually have a longer date. I let Vitacost know I think the Best Buy date is too short and had I known, I would not have stocked up. They refunded my money on one order and replaced the product on another order with a fresher batch. I'll just make sure to not stock up so much next time, the dates seem to typically be 4-5 months out from date of purchase (based on mine and my sister's orders).

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

First, the good: Competitive pricing. 2-day shipping from order to door. Spectacular deals if you sign up for their weekly newsletters. Some deals as much as $10 off any order or 30% off. Second, the bad: all the Vitacost products (at least for me) didn't work. I tried other brands and most had worked. Last, the ugly: Several Vitacost brand products were prompted the Proposition 65 warning during checkout, but other brands didn't. Again... avoid the Vitacost brand products. Other than that, as long as you're not buying Vitacost brand products, VitaCost is a great site for your supplements needs. Takeaway #1: Avoid Vitacost brand products. Takeaway #2: Sign up for their newsletter, and you will receive weekly offers.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I recently made my first purchase on Vitacost.com, and it was truly the best decision I made. Healthy foods can be SO expensive, especially at the health food stores in my area. Therefore, the wide variety of products, the prices, and the coupons available on Vitacost really drew me in. I am shocked by all of the negative reviews because my experience was the complete opposite. I ordered quite a few items late on Tuesday night, and my box arrived on Thursday!!! I was in awe!!! I was also very impressed with how my items were packaged. Sturdy box, taped up well, no spills, and fantastic organization inside the box. I could not be happier. I am hopeful I will continue to have great experiences with Vitacost, and will order from them again, without a doubt!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vitacost?

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I have been a loyal customer of Vitacost for many years (and many dollars). Recently they had a summer promotion where if you spent $100 you'd receive $25 back (Vitacost never has promos like this), so of course I spent $100. I checked my e-mail every day and did not see the coupon. Went away for a week on vacation and when I came back checked my e-mail for the coupon and they sent it ONE day before it expired...and of course it had already expired by the time I finally found the e-mail. I called and requested an extension on the coupon...and was told NO!!! I'm sorry but that is shady business. At least give customers ample time to use the rewards and/or mail the coupons. With all the great companies online selling the same crap as Vitacost no need to stick with one that is just plain greedy.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

Instead of giving a discount for $30 Vitacost has ingeniously made an offer of a $30 discount when you place a $100 order. So I did. But wait! You get the coupon in an email, good for for three days. Now Vitacost sends me two to three emails a day, and I did not see the $30 coupon email and looked thru my trash and my inbox and never found it. So this 'bet' Vitacost has for customers not seeing the email, not getting the order placed in the time frame, makes the CEOs even richer.

There has been three other times that 'cleaver' coupons meant that I did not get the discount for products I needed to order and had waited for a chance to save some money for expensive supplements. No one in customer service has any resolution suggests or sympathy in any of the situations. I used to use Vitacost once a month, and loved their quick delivery and numerous coupons and discounts online. NO MORE. The company got sold I was told and things radically changed. I DO NOT recommend this company any longer. Find another discount outlet.

Original review: July 25, 2019

July 19 - I placed my order. Normal. It was about a $50 order. July 21 - 2 days later I got an email to "confirm" ALL the information in my order (billing address, shipping address, last 4 digits of my CC number, everything...). July 22 - I find this suspicious. I chat with customer service and they assure me it's real and there is no issue with my order, I just need to reply to the email I received and the order will be fulfilled. I said OK, and I did reply to the email, double checked all the information requested was in the response. OK. Done, great. July 25 - I wonder where my package is so I check the status of my order... CANCELLED. I chat with customer service. Why? Because they didn't receive my email. How is it possible to not receive my email? They don't know. But I can place my order again if I want. What??? Not using Vitacost.com ever again. What a frustrating experience.

Original review: July 25, 2019

I love Vitacost. I've ordered many times over the years and only ever had one delayed order. Items are well packed and always include all my items. Prices are mostly excellent, quality is good, and shipping is free.

Original review: July 12, 2019

I bought thousands of dollars of products from Vitacost and referred many friends over many years. A happy faithful customer. Then one day in May 2019 they offered a promotion. Spend $100. Get a $25 credit to spend in the future. Nothing in fine print. Said the customer had only 2 days to spend the credit or when it would be coming. I was traveling for a week and the $25 credit promotion came and went. I called, asked for the credit when I got home and checked my email and found out about it, but they refused. I said, "It was a scam, basically a dishonest promotion to get people to buy products," because they didn’t disclose when the credit would come and that it expired after 2 days. I let them know that as a long time loyal customer I no longer will be shopping there due to the lack of ethics. They didn’t care one bit. So I disabled my account permanently.

For them it was honoring a $25 commitment they made in exchange for thousands of dollars of business and many referrals more. But they were adamant. No exceptions. The promotion was over no exceptions, and they did not disclose the rules like they should have. I wondered how many people like me spent $100 just to get the promotion only to find out later it was a tactic to get people to spend but evade keeping their part of the deal? Well I prefer doing business with companies that are more straightforward and willing to honor commitments and have better customer service. Sadly, that was goodbye for me.

Vitacost Company Information