Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.17/5

Vitacost.com is an online vitamin and supplement retailer that offers a wide selection of products. Customers can shop from many different top brands or browse the Vitacost store brands. The company sells vitamins, supplements and specialty diet food products that allow those with dietary restrictions to enjoy many different types of food.

Vitacost Shop Now

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

Vitacost Reviews

Original review: May 22, 2020

They must have a lot of great employees...to have such a pleasing experience again & again. Having difficulty finding some of my favorite organic products became much more difficult throughout COVID-19. I stumbled across Vitacost accidentally - so many great finds! Due to the world's current circumstance, I would be extra forgiving with shipping delays. But these folks are on the ball! Orders are timely, I'm getting products I was unable to find for some time... I am thrilled to have my "favorites" back in my life. Their promptness is an absolute bonus. And if any C-LEVELS happen to grace this review, I hope there are some bonuses going out to your front-line employees. That's coming from someone who seldomly has or makes time for reviews. But your staff EARNED this one!

Original review: April 22, 2020

Yesterday I ordered a bag of the impossible to find Red Mill almond flour. The site said expect a delay to their normal 2 day delivery after the order is processed. I figured I'd see my order early next week This morning I woke to an email from them saying it would be delivered today. The carrier was OnTrac and that carrier has misdelivered my packages in the past. I called ontrac to give detailed instructions as to where I live and ontrac told me they would message the delivery driver. I crossed my fingers and hoped for the best!

I had all day to kill so for giggles I looked up reviews on Vitacost. Needless to say I was shocked! I read how people never got their order, wrong items sent, no customer service or the ability to get a refund. At that point I was ready to call my CC company to have them deal with this sure to be disaster!! But.... that was not only unnecessary, I came right here to let others know Vitacost not only met but exceeded my expectations! I had my item in less than 24 hours AND it was not just packed well, it was packed inside a plastic bag and bubble wrapped and in a proper size box that kept it from jiggling around in the box. Ontrac did their job too by delivering it within the window their tracking promised and the driver rang my bell when he put it on my front steps.

I can't speak to others who had problems with Vitacost but my experience was outstanding and I'll be ordering from them again!! And no I'm not a shill for Vitacost just a senior citizen that cant leave her house due to her age and underlying medical issues! I'm sure this company isn't been perfect, no company. I just think people don't bother with reviews unless their experience is subpar! Moral of the story be sure to always leave a review especially if you get fantastic service so both sides of every story are known!!

Get buying tips about Vitamins Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

I am going out of my way to find a place online to rave about this company and found this site. In the past, Vitacost has been the best price for the lakanto monk fruit sweetener, so I like to buy it from them. They always had fast free shipping too. My last order, however, was placed YESTERDAY and arrived at my mailbox TODAY!! I am in awe. How on earth?? Well, all I can say is kudos to you, Vitacost! You win! Best online shopping experience POSSIBLE!! I also ordered Moon Cheese (yum) in gouda flavor, and Lily's chocolate almond bars with sea salt. I always get some kind of discount - oh and their coupons are LISTED ON THE WEBSITE so you don't have to search the net in another window while shopping! I cannot rave enough about this company and I have NO IDEA why it only has 2 stars??? It makes no sense. How could they possibly do better than having the BEST PRICES and the FASTEST FREE SHIPPING?

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

I have used vitacost for over 10 years and have never been disappointed. I have purchased various supplements, health care items, food, & other miscellaneous items and have NEVER been disappointed. Their products truly are less expensive than found on most online or health food stores. Over the past 10 years, I have found their customer service to be wonderful. Any order issues (which have been very few over the past 10 years) I have incurred have always been dealt with promptly, efficiently & professionally. If you have ever had a problem with your order, I kindly ask you to give them a second chance. I LOVE Vitacost & place monthly orders from them & will continue. Great job Vitacost! Thanks for being a company, I can depend on!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

Vitacost is my go to for great deals on organic foods I can’t always find. Usually prices are cheaper than stores and they do discounts and promo codes often. They always deliver Super fast. Faster then anywhere else I order. Only had an issue with a damaged item on occasion and they will refund almost immediately or send a new one. They are an amazing company. I never leave reviews but felt compelled when I saw how poorly they are rated when I know better. Can’t understand the negative reviews. I rate them higher then anyone out there (Walmart, Amazon, Best Buy, etc) in customer service, shipping speed, packaging everything securely, and prices. Can’t find a Single bad thing to say about Vitacost!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vitacost?

Original review: June 19, 2020

Two orders placed, one on 4/11, another on 4/22. Assured delivery 8-20 days. It has now been 70 DAYS. Absolutely no relief or compensation offered, customer service issues automated non-culpability replies. No tracking. I have dealt with numerous vendors and delivery options from US to MX and have never been literally stolen from as with Vitacost. $110 theft. NEVER use this sham company!

Original review: May 21, 2020

I really like this company. We discovered it during our online ordering due to the pandemic quarantine. We really like all the products we ordered. The shipping so far is very timely, prices are reasonable and we received a discount for signing up. This company packages their products very carefully. We like how easy it is to order and will continue to order online and avoid the other places we were buying similar products from such as Whole Foods and Boise Co-op.

Original review: May 16, 2020

I am an international customer. I purchased some supplements from Vitacost. At the beginning they canceled some of items. After that I wanted to cancel all the items. Because I wanted them in one package. But they told me cancellation not available after 15 minutes of purchasing time. Can you believe that. Just 15 minutes after purchasing. Anyway I started to wait my package. 45 days passed and my order never left the country. In this 45 days, I contacted Vitacost customer service several times. They shutted down the conversation to my face 2 times. At last, they told me 45 days after purchasing they can start an investigation and pay back if I couldn't get it. Now 45 days past and I contacted their agent. First one told me time period is 60 days. I told her she was wrong. It was 45 days. Then shutted down the conversation again. They are changing the rules and I believe that they will not pay me back. And I couldn't get my order. I hope you will think twice when you purchase from Vitacost.

Original review: May 15, 2020

I advice international customers against ordering from Vitacost because you may not get all the items ordered. In stock status on their page is not reliable. Ordering the missing (cancelled by Vitacost) items again means double shipping and customs costs, which amounts to more than 20 USD. There is no flexibility when it comes to problems like missing items. No possibility to order a different brand if the ordered one is not in stock, holding the order until everything is available or canceling the order.

I only placed the order because I needed Vitamin A and Vitacost had the in stock status for the desired brand. Because of customs procedure my orders always have a value around 160 USD. About two hours after placing the order I received e-mail notification that 2 items with the total value over 30 USD were cancelled. One of them was vitamin A. I tried to solve the problem through the chat service but all I received was the answer that it's only possible to make changes 15 minutes after placing the order. I can understand mistakes happen. It has happened with other merchants, too. But with others the problems were always solved satisfactorily. Vitacost only offered me 5 USD discount on my next order. No, thanks. There will not be any next orders from me. The last one was costly enough.

Original review: May 2, 2020

Do you think they can match the US dollars into Canadian? Over 2 hours selecting items and typing information Including credit card information, And after the order was placed - after the money was withdrawn My 80$ order was 120$. Nowhere did it say anything about any of the Above information. I even typed in Canadian shipping, The price was not once indicated *anywhere- Even after complete payment confirmation. It showed 80$. That is totally wrong And leads to customer frustration. Hours of lost time- And having to finally after all that Having to cancel the order. The website needs to be updated. That is totally wrong! Very unprofessional website With regards to pricing.

Vitacost Company Information