2.58/5
Based on 35 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

83 Vitacost Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 14, 2018

When I clicked the submit button I had two different collagen products and 1 potassium product. When the order was shipped it had 2 potassium products and 1 collagen. I thought the second collagen was too cheap to be true. I believe they gave me two potassium in place of the collagen. Won't order from them again.

Original review: July 7, 2018

I ordered multiple boxes of tea from Vitacost via Amazon. I never received this order. When I called to check they said it had been delivered which I checked and was correct. However I had not received them. The person that I talked with said to check this that and another. All things I had already checked. They refused even a partial refund or a new order at a discount. I will Never shop with them again!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: June 14, 2018

They canceled the order (salted caramel bars) after I responded to their query about the order. I was told on the phone they audit orders over a certain amount of money. I talked to them within the three day window. In fact it was the first 24 hours after I was notified of the audit. I checked Thursday 4 days later and the order was cancelled by the company because they said I did not notify them within 3 days of receiving the audit notice. They had no explanation about how this could happen and could not reinstate the order. I would have to start over. DO NOT deal with these people. They have no idea what they are doing. Look at all the OFFICE problems that are explainable.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I have now ordered twice through Vitacost. The prices are extremely reasonable, and the shipping is extremely fast! I did receive a jar of honey that arrived broken. I went online to report it, it was very quick and easy. The replacement jar was delivered in just a few days after the original shipment delivery. Overall, I am very pleased with my transactions with Vitacost!

Original review: May 26, 2018

I cancelled my order. They shipped it out anyway. I had them intercept the package. The package was sent back to them but they won't refund me because they claim their warehouse didn't receive it. The tracking shows returned to sender but they refuse to refund me. I am filing with BBB, really unprofessional and horrible way to treat a customer. I want my money back. Basically I was scammed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vitacost?

Original review: May 2, 2018

I placed an online order and they accidentally overcharged me - twice - for the order. I contacted them 3 times for help. First they blamed my bank. My bank said it wasn't their error, but if Vitacost would submit a request to release the funds, they could release the money back to me in 24 hours. Vitacost refused to do this. They then changed their story, saying it was a computer glitch and "so sorry" but I will just have to wait 3 days for the additional pending charge to drop. In the meantime, I'm out $87.26 because I chose to do business with them. Never again! I do hope these charges will drop, otherwise I will have to dispute the extra charge through my bank. They are a shady company and don't even publish their telephone number on their website or invoices. I had to look their phone number up on Google to contact a live person. I will never do business with them again. Consider yourself warned. They are a dirty company.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Be wary consumers! Come on promos and did not make good on the ability to use my new customer discount. After several requests that were refused by the company, I want others to know to read the promo offers very carefully. I asked them to make good on the new customer promo coupon in the form of a account credit and, after several emails, they would not do so.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I've ordered several times in the past from Vitacost because of their competitive pricing and deep discounts. Today, while shopping for vitamins, I noticed that the Nature's Way Alive Women's 50+ Ultra Potency and the Men's 50+, (same product, men's version), had the EXACT same retail price. The problem is, Vitacost is discounting the men's version 58%, but the women's version is only discounted 50%. Consequently, women are being charged nearly $2 more per bottle than the men's version with the same retail price. I guess Vitacost believes that it's okay that women get paid, on average, about 77 cents on the dollar compared to a man doing the exact same job, and yet they still have to pay more for the same products.

I spoke with a female customer service rep who couldn't help me to resolve this. Then I asked for a supervisor, who also happened to be female, and I reiterated my concerns to her. I demanded that I be offered the same discount as a man, but she was also ineffective in resolving the problem. When I pointed out that Vitacost practices gender discrimination, she said she wasn't sure that was true. I pointed out that the evidence was right in front of her face on their pricing page.

When she said it was not under her purview to set the discounts, I suggested that she should look into whether she makes the same salary as her male counterparts. If they'll do it in such an obvious public place as pricing, I'm quite sure they would have no qualms in doing it when setting their employees' private salaries.

After having spent substantially on their products previously, I told her I would not spend another penny on their site as long as this was their policy. She said she was sorry to hear that, but that it was my choice. I told her that I was sorry that she, as a woman, worked for such a company. Everyone, women AND men, should vote with their wallet and not support a company that gender discriminates.

Original review: March 10, 2018

Vitacost has excellent customer service. As of recently I have received some products that don't agree with my pet. They have refunded me. No questions asked. I feel badly and will happily return products. I love their selection and their shipping is generally 1-2 days if you order early enough in the day. Much faster than in previous years. I have been a customer for 10-12 years. I have recently started ordering more food/organic condiments/baking ingredients and are pleased with products and pricing. Would highly recommend.

Original review: March 7, 2018

I loved Vitacost but my experience with them was nothing short of terrible. I do like many of their products and their prices. What I don’t like however is when there is a problem. Not that I expect never to have a problem but it is the way that it is handled that is not acceptable. One thing that I do not like is the condescending attitude that comes with it. As an example, I made an order and decided because I could not change the order (although I was given the impression that I could) my money was tied up because of a lack of information provided. When a company does a pre-authorization it should not be for a full amount it should be for a small just make sure the card is authorized for use.

It was stated on the website that I could cancel an order within 15 minutes after it was placed with no warning that if I did I could not change my order and the original pre-authorization would still be on my credit card account. If this was stated up front I would’ve had no problem with it. I also could’ve excepted it if the agent on the phone had any sense of treating a customer with respect. There are certain people that use the term when talking to someone overseas that is impolite and disrespectful to Americans. It is used at Vitacost and it is “ I’ll take care of that one”. I am a human being with the family on with life not a number.

When I said I need to take my business elsewhere she said she was unhappy with that but her tone indicated she just wanted me off the phone. I am not a person that is unreasonable and I have worked on phones in many different scenarios. I speak from experience that this is not the way to do business. I felt like there was no point in trying to continue this conversation because there was a lack of empathy at all whatsoever. I highly recommend Vitacost re-train their sales staff or better yet Americans for this job. Why not Puerto Rico they need the help. I would submit a receipt or an order number but they remove it after you cancel. Nonetheless they should be able to find it in the record should you need to contact them.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

I bought Almased 6 bottles and they shipped the wrong product. I called today and it's $6.00 more and it was my first order with them so you get 20% off not only will they not honor their mistake. I need to pay more with no discount. I will never order from them again. Bunch of thieves. Horrible company with no customer service at all. So much for taking care of the customer. They made the mistake not me. I did my order over the phone with exactly what I needed. They messed up not me but I pay for their incompetent people they have on the phones. Unreal!!!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I read one of the complaints and would like to give a possible reason for problems, as was the case for me. The problem that I had was not with Vitacost. It was with the shipping company that they used. My experience over the years has been that FedEx Ground is one of the WORST shipping companies. As I live rather rural, I am not exactly an easy drop off. Add to that, I have a farm and cattle that must be fenced in. It may be policy for both FedEx Ground and UPS that they do not have to open the electric fence at the end of my concrete driveway, but I have never had an occasion that UPS did not show up at my door with my packages. They have opened the driveway fence and the walk-in gate into my yard.

We are currently having heavy rains and I had not received my package from Vitacost. I have been rather busy and had left the driveway fence open for two days when I received a call from the FedEx Ground driver who said that his boss told him he did not have to deliver my package in the rain because he might get stuck. He drives a delivery van and I drive a small Honda Civic. I travel the road on a regular basis and have not ever gotten stuck, in my remembrance. He said that I would have to have someplace by the highway that he could leave the package or he would deliver it a couple of days after the rain had stopped.

As FedEx Ground has always been such an unreliable company in our area, I felt to send a general note to Vitacost asking them, in the future, to not use FedEx Ground for my deliveries and telling them why. I received a prompt email the next day apologizing for any inconvenience and giving me a discount code for my next order. I was also told that the shipper would definitely hear of my problem. The next day I received my Vitacost shipment left in my yard, during a real downpour, and sometime later a call from the driver telling me that he had left the package in my yard. I guess FedEx Ground policy says that they do not have to open small yard gates and walk 30 feet to the door to make deliveries.

I think that Vitacost is one of the best companies in their line of service. I have used two or three different companies. Vitacost has, in the last two or three orders, had the best price, the best packaging, and they carry a line of excellent name brand products. To top it all off, they also can make FedEx Ground snap to attention and make a deliver that they otherwise would have put off to a more convenient time. Vitacost is the best, in my experience!!! Good enough to have me sign up here to write a review... Something that I do not like to do.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

I order my vitamins on Jan 1 and was sent numerous email saying I would get my order. It is now Jan 5th and they said it was delivered at my door and guess what there's no package. I knew there were something was up when they kept changing the delivery date. In addition to that on their website it states where my order or issue a refund. What the hell are they doing to peoples ** orders and why are they in business??? I asked for a confirmation email stating I would get a refund and of course they never sent it.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I live in the UAE and purchased just over $100 worth of vitamins. The vitamins are about a quarter of the price to buying them here, which is a plus for Vitacost. However, they only use DHL global mail service and not courier. I received a tracking number on the 1 Sept and that's when the problems started. After the package had been picked up by DHL and started processing by them, DHL put a message on my tracking page that they do not deliver to residential or business addresses in my area and that I needed to provide the merchant VITACOST with a PO Box otherwise delivery can't be made.

I immediately advised them about the message I received and gave them a PO Box and asked them to confirm that they had in fact advised DHL, they did not confirm to me. Every response I got was a standard reply stating that I have to wait 60 days before an investigation can take place. I kept reiterating about the PO Box situation but only got the wait until after 60 days reply again and again. Today they sent me a survey and I filled it in giving all ratings 0. I quickly got a reply back once again saying I had to wait 60 days to start investigating.

After I once again mentioned the PO Box issue I got a reply saying that as I provided a wrong address in first place they are not going to investigate my package as being lost and were not going to provide me a refund and that as a courtesy they were going to credit my card with the $11 postal charge!!! I did not give a wrong address, I gave normal delivery instructions (which I use for all previous DHL and FedEx deliveries with many other merchants without problem). I only got the message about providing a PO Box after it had been collected and processed by DHL. They are using this as an excuse not to provide a full refund. In addition to this I have advised them several times that I have terminal cancer and that these vitamins are extremely important to me but they have no interest. Absolutely the worst company I have ever dealt with in my life... lesson learnt cheap turns out expensive. If you are an international buyer AVOID this company.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

They have a lot of deals and a lot of quality products and they make sure that I get the best deals possible. Everything went smoothly when I ordered. The website is nice and costs were clear and I'm never disappointed with my order and the free shipping was relatively fast and hassle-less. But the company doesn't seem to be mindful of the customer and puts out deals of products people don't normally buy. There were deals on their own specific products although they have released on a plethora of products.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

My overall experience with Vitacost has been very good. The product selection is very good and the shipping and delivery has been wonderful. They have the products I like and at good prices. It's easy to find what you're looking for as well. They ship pretty quickly and everything arrives without damage. The website experience is very good and we've never had any issues with Vitacost.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Vitacost is a good company that cares about their employees and also their customers. They also listen to the customers and give them what they need when they have trouble finding anything. I really like this company.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

They have the brands and the variety of products that I use. Their prices are reasonable. But they don't always have my products and I have to go to another site to see if I could obtain what I need at a reasonable price. My overall experience with Vitacost is pretty good. I usually can get what I am looking for.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

I like the fact that Vitacost offers great quality, selection, and prices, quick delivery and customer service was always helpful on the phone if needed. Turnaround time was great as well as the site was easy to use and items are easy to locate according to my particular desires. I enjoy ordering from them, however, I would like to see more organic products with a bit more detail and description of the items content.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

Their pricing is better than other sites. I can pretty much find anything I want at Vitacost and the orders are always correct. I can usually find a large variety of products to meet my needs. Sales tax and shipping fees are applicable for totals under $45.00, but you don't realize this until you apply a promo discount, then the total can go below $45.00 and shipping fees apply. It’s almost like not getting the discount. Other than that, the overall experience is good. Delivery is quick and the product arrives in good shape. All in all, I like this company.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I ordered two bottles of Ester-C Vitamins but was sent 2 bottles of some magnesium vitamin. I called to report the error, which could have been dangerous to my health. I was asked for identifying numbers on the bottle. Was put on hold and then told that they would investigate the "bin" from which the bottles were taken and it would take 3 WEEKS. I did not get an apology, an explanation for the 3 week delay or an offer to send the correct product. A few weeks later I received an email saying that they were refunding my money AS I REQUESTED. I never requested a refund. Seems it was easier for Vitacost to blame me for asking for a refund rather than take responsibility for sending the wrong product. The receipt says "We hope you enjoy the healthy products you ordered." It was hardly "healthy" to send the wrong vitamin.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

They are almost perfect the way they are and they have a wide variety of organic products to select from that you can't find in brick and mortar stores. The site is fast and very easy to use and order from. Ordering is easy and prices are also reasonable. My products arrived in a short amount of time and I was happy with my order. My order was correct and arrived in perfect condition.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

My experience with Vitacost is always great! It is where I go for just about all of my household needs. I put in orders with the company at least once a month if not more. They offer free shipping over a certain amount, and it usually arrives within 2-3 days. I always receive my items promptly and without issue. They also have great customer service. When I have forgotten something on my order before, their representative was able to add it for me without issue over the phone. They have great organic options, great prices, and it is easy to check before purchasing if any ingredients are on my do-not-buy list. However sometimes they do not have the brands for which I am looking, so an open line of communication so customers can request certain items be added to the inventory would be nice. I rely on Vitacost for most of my needs - I even get food from them! And I recommend them to anyone I possibly can.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

The overall experience is pleasant enough. The website has very good prices in comparison to the competition, both brick and mortar and online. The layout of the website/store is also very intuitive and easy to navigate. However I am not a fan of and maybe a little put out over is the unsolicited emails they send out. You can unsubscribe from this though. In the end it comes down to the price paid for the product that is being sought. This website has delivered on both accounts.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I like the varied selection and some hard to find items. I enjoy the fact there is an organic and good selection, but more expensive than we enjoyed. Site is relatively easy to navigate. Allows shopping from mobile devices which is nice. Love the sale section. However they send too many emails and not enough products priced competitively to make high shipping costs worth it. Would benefit from more sales. Sales also could last a little longer - and clearance (personally speaking) shouldn't start until 50 percent off. Also, needs less expensive shipping options and less emails.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I was looking for some supplements and couldn’t find the right ones anywhere else including CVS and Walgreens. I was recommended by a friend to check this site. At first I was hesitant but I tried it anyway and found what I needed fast. It was a vitamin c product and the cost was good. Very fast and very reliable source of vitamins and good options of choices to choose from. I really enjoy my shopping at this brand because I can rely on it for vitamins. But the layout of the site makes it a little hard to browse options. Maybe the site graphics could be updated.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

I have always like the product selection. They have a good selection of natural and organic products that me and my family use daily. The shipping is always reasonable and I have never needed to use the customer service. But it would be nice if more stock was kept, or the promotions or discounts periods were extended. They have low prices and offer frequent specials and discounts but some products I buy on a regular basis are often sold out, in turn I can not use the current promotion or discount. Because of this, I have more recently been buying my supplements at a local health-food store.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

They have great customer service, good products, and high quality. Easy to order with a good website. They hardly ever make a mistake on an order, but when they did, they made things right. Once when my order was shorted, they believed me and made it right without a fuss. But while they say they ship cold, they really don't unless you pay extra. If I pay $70 for probiotics that ship with an ice pack, they need to overnight it (without charging me). I have ordered twice, and they arrived hot and ruined each time.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

Vitacost has great prices and a wide variety of choices. I love their BOGO offers. They ship quickly and everything arrives in good shape. The website is easy to use and the products are good quality. It is a great value for what you pay. Every product I have purchased has been exactly what I wanted. I did wish they had higher potency of **. The product selection is great. I haven't used customer service but I am sure it would be just as good.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

I like Vitacost because they offers a wide variety of vitamins and superfoods. Organic non-GMO vitamins which are perfect for my family and keeps me coming back. Everything is well organized and comes in an appropriate timing. I have been a repeat customer for over three years and I love their specials/deals.

Vitacost Company Information