Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.95/5

Vitacost Reviews

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

I was weary to purchase from VitaCost because so many bad reviews had been left about their posting time and orders to Australia. So I was truly shocked to have my item arrive FOUR days after ordering from America! They had the lowest price on the StarWest Botanicals loose leaf tea that I can’t get here and will definitely feel comfortable to use them again in the future. Just felt this amazing postage speed was worthy of a good review so other customers can have a little faith if they find something on their site they want to purchase. I usually use iHerb but even their postage takes over a week, closer to two!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

I have used vitacost for over 10 years and have never been disappointed. I have purchased various supplements, health care items, food, & other miscellaneous items and have NEVER been disappointed. Their products truly are less expensive than found on most online or health food stores. Over the past 10 years, I have found their customer service to be wonderful. Any order issues (which have been very few over the past 10 years) I have incurred have always been dealt with promptly, efficiently & professionally. If you have ever had a problem with your order, I kindly ask you to give them a second chance. I LOVE Vitacost & place monthly orders from them & will continue. Great job Vitacost! Thanks for being a company, I can depend on!

Get expert buying tips about Vitamins Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

I learned over 20 yrs ago this company is not only trustworthy, it has great products at terrific prices and has never been a problem. I have switched from big name brands to mostly their own products because they are just as good if not better in some instances and developed by physicians and research. Because my old email, phone, and credit cards had been hacked earlier this year on the internet, I just now learned about negativity for VitaCost. I would sooner check the security of our internet than the capable productivity of this company. They have always been outstanding and I'm opening a new account now!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

Vitacost is my go to for great deals on organic foods I can’t always find. Usually prices are cheaper than stores and they do discounts and promo codes often. They always deliver Super fast. Faster then anywhere else I order. Only had an issue with a damaged item on occasion and they will refund almost immediately or send a new one. They are an amazing company. I never leave reviews but felt compelled when I saw how poorly they are rated when I know better. Can’t understand the negative reviews. I rate them higher then anyone out there (Walmart, Amazon, Best Buy, etc) in customer service, shipping speed, packaging everything securely, and prices. Can’t find a Single bad thing to say about Vitacost!

Original review: March 27, 2019

I've been shopping at Vitacost for years online and have to say that their customer/order support is among the very best. If I ever had an issue with an item becoming damaged during the shipment process, I'll have to do is report the issue in 15 seconds and I'll be sent a replacement or refund within minutes; I don't even need to go through a lengthy customer support chat just to get this done; you can do this seamlessly within their past order interface. Plus, their prices and selection are among the best for organic, natural products.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vitacost?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

I purchased this product and the bag said it yields roughly 6 servings but after measuring exact to the amount provided by the bag details on the back, I only got 2.5 servings. False advertisement. After contacting the company regarding this issue they said that since I didn't purchase the product direct from their site, they were not able to assist me. Instead of providing a solution to the issue they just said to go back to Kroger for a refund. Kroger is not the parent company of Vitacost and does not package this product. They would have nothing to do with this matter. Don't waste your money on something that isn't accurate. $7 for a 6oz bag of pistachios and I'm not getting what's advertised, RIPOFF!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I'd purchased from Vitacost for years and spent thousands. And if you don't research you own shipping address any hacker or fraudster can rip you off and the company will not make good. I've been hacked before and an ethical company ALWAYS stands by a trusted long time customer. NOT VITACOST! They stand by the swindler and say "delivered". NO ONE researches their own address having ordered dozens of times and I didn't, Now I am out $200 and a hacker rewarded because of the unethical politics of Vitacost. Let the buyer beware - you're on your own. DO NOT BUY FROM VITACOST! They turned me from a fan to a foe!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

We ordered 12 2 lb jars of raw organic honey in total about 144.00, Fedex delivered, but 11 of the glass jars were not wrapped in paper at all, just shipped in original cardboard (2) 6 pcs and then placed in Vitacost cardboard box. No "fragile" on the outside either. After much emailing, arguing, crying, sending the pics, they refuse to refund or replace. We are just shocked, and saddened, by their display of corporate greed putting profits over customer satisfaction. The website states in many places "Our Promise: Love your shopping experience or we'll make things right." But it's a lie. We are elderly and sick and feel discriminated against.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

I have been buying vitamins & health food for over 20 years, and I have never had such poor experiences as I have had with Vitacost. On one order, they charged my card, said the item was shipped/sent tracking number but nothing came. The tracking number stated item never arrived at shipping office. After a very long time searching for a customer service number (and never finding one), I did the chat and was told that the item was out of stock in the warehouse. Really?! They were just gonna charge me & never send it. On another occasion, they sent the wrong items (4 boxes), and after a very lengthy & arduous return process, I am STILL waiting for a refund. Ridiculous. Better off going with Vitamin Shoppe, Bodybuilding.com or any local health/vitamin store.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

Placed an order online, received confirmation email, but never a shipping confirmation. Tried to track order on site, but kept getting an error. Emailed, received a reply that “upon review” my order was being held and “requires additional verification”? I see upon reading reviews here that this is not an isolated incident. Email says I can call customer service from 9am-8pm, but when I call I get an automated message saying they’re open until 6pm. Would anyone have contacted me about my order being held had I not reached out myself??

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Vitacost Company Information