Find a Vitamins Online partner

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

About Vitacost

Vitacost.com is an online vitamin and supplement retailer that offers a wide selection of products. Customers can shop from many different top brands or browse the Vitacost store brands. The company sells vitamins, supplements and specialty diet food products that allow those with dietary restrictions to enjoy many different types of food.

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

Vitacost Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vitacost?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vitacost?

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

VItacost sells a huge variety of vitamins, supplements, beauty products, healthy foods, and more. Great selection, prices, quick delivery, excellent customer service. I use them almost exclusively. For each supplement or vitamin you can click, and open up a screen with all the information you need about the product and reviews to help you decide. They often have Buy one/Get one on some products, free shipping when you spend $29.00 or most or special offers of free shipping.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

Really great prices. Their own line of vitamins are really inexpensive. I have been getting my D3/K2 here for years as well as many other supplements. For brand names, you won't find better prices anywhere. They don't have as many discounts as they once did. But you can still get them from time to time. Shipping is FAST. COVID-19 has impacted them a bit, but overall they have done a great job.

Get buying tips about Vitamins Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

Vitacost gives discount codes periodically but does not have a rewards/loyalty program. It would be useful to have one that enables customers to accumulate reward points and exchange them in future purchases. Overall, Vitacost offers good quality products, competitive prices and reliable delivery. Their customer service team is flexible and willing to accommodate customers’ requests.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

I really think they have one of the easiest websites to maneuver. I get almost all my vitamins from them and like many of their brand name vitamins. Most of the vitamins are cheaper on this site than on other sites as I often compare to try to save money and usually end up back on Vitacost. I haven’t had to return many products so not sure on that part..

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

I love their fish oil! No gross burps! I review vitamins online to ensure I'm taking the best product for the best price. It wouldn't make sense to pay money for a poor quality vitamin! You might as well throw your money down the drain.

Original review: May 7, 2021

Was a long time Vitacost customer - never again. My recent order was sent to the wrong address despite my updating my address book with my new address and deleting my old address. I was charged $31 and when I called to request a refund or replacement, I was rudely told it was my fault and they were going to do nothing. I was treated as if I was trying to defraud the company. Instead, I've been robbed of $31 by Vitacost. Good products pricing - horrible customer service. Never, ever again will I use this company and I will make sure everyone I can reach knows why.

Resolution response: April 26, 2021

Vitacost reached out and has offered a one-time resolution to my problem while they have reiterated their policy. As a result, I am upgrading my rating for them because in the past I have been very happy with the name brand products they carry and their own Vitacost brand. Assuming this resolution is done I plan to purchase from them in the future.

Original review: April 25, 2021

I have been a loyal customer of Vitacost for years. They shipped the latest shipment to an obsolete address. It was an online order that I made, and when I got the delivery notification today that it was delivered to an obsolete address they said there was nothing they could do since I didn't react to their order confirmation that came 15 minutes after I hit "order" and the product had already been delivered an hour and one half ago. My billing address and default address is my current address and perhaps I could have made the error, put in an obsolete address and didn't catch it. But they refused to do anything at all. OK, their policy has eliminated all goodwill I may have had towards them. Buy from someone else.

Original review: April 5, 2021

Recently, Vitacost one-sidedly changed my confirmed International Order and shipped just part of my ordered and pre-paid supplements at the full international shipping charge; one product which had been shown as available on Vitacost's website and had been accepted by their shopping cart system for ordering had apparently gone out of stock after my order had been confirmed. Two hours after placing my order, Vitacost notified me that one of the ordered products had been cancelled; within seven minutes of receiving this notification, I replied to Vitacost with my request to cancel my entire order. I was then informed that it was too late to cancel my order and that it had already been shipped. What use is such a notification, if the customer is not able to react or respond to it in any way?

When an order is confirmed and has been charged in full to the customer's credit card, including a hefty shipping charge, the customer should be able to expect that ALL pre-paid items will be shipped at the specified international shipping charge, not just part of it. Shipping just part of an international order without reducing the shipping charge accordingly - or, more appropriately, even providing free shipping due to the experienced inconvenience and as an apology for the malfunction of Vitacost's order cart system, which is supposed to prevent ordering of out-of stock items in the first place - makes the entire business conduct appear unethical to say the least. After all, the cost of the supplements included in any international order is made up of the products' prices PLUS the shipping charge.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2021

They used to be a great company, but went sharply gone downhill. The customer service is HORRIBLE. I was sent 2 items for which I anticipated the most - incorrectly - and refused my offer to send photos, or to replace them. I have to fix their mistakes and go through the order process again. No offers for quick/free ship code, as I had bought extra things in my last order to qualify for free ship. Their website's chat function is broken too. I'm pretty much done with them.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

I ordered soap that arrived leaking and making a mess everywhere. When I reached out for a replacement, I was asked to send a photo, but could not as the item had already been thrown out into my building's garbage dumpster. Without a photo, customer service was unwilling to replace, grant a refund, or even a store credit. Yet, the photo requirement was not listed on the item page, receipt, or refund policy at the time of purchase. I notice that now the refund policy has been updated. Regardless, should only individuals with a smartphone or working phone cameras receive assistance? A bizarre policy that discriminates against the poor and the elderly. I won't be shopping here again and will gladly give my money to Amazon instead.

Vitacost Company Information