Hampton Bay Patio Furniture
1.36/5
Based on 115 reviews that contain star ratings

Looking for a good furniture store?

Hampton Bay Patio Furniture

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

500 Hampton Bay Patio Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I purchased two Hampton Bay white resin wicker round table, dining room sets, one couch, one coffee table and two side tables. The furniture is outside, uncovered, year-round in Las Vegas, Nevada. Ten years later, the entire set looks brand new without a single issue with any piece. Truly, the best furniture I have ever purchased. I am now scouring the internet trying to find a Hampton Bay sofa set in white. FYI: All my neighbors have repurchased their outdoor furniture multiple times because their purchases could not withstand the desert heat.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I am adding my voice to the thousands (unfortunately did not ck prior to purchase) of others who have had the webbing on the chairs disintegrate almost in front of their eyes. My 4 chairs and 2 side tables have never been outside and never exposed to weather - sit in my sunroom with very little use. In approx. 1-1/2 years the seats and backs are falling off onto the floor. Now completely unusable - large holes in the seats & backs.

The company I really blame and who should be held responsible is Home Depot - a large firm which should not be engaging in consumer rip offs of this type and stand behind what products they sell. Stop passing the buck to a Chinese company 1/2 a world away that could care less as long as Home Depot continues to support them with purchases. Home Depot has overwhelming evidence of this rip-off. Step up to the plate!

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

In August 2016 we purchased Hampton Bay outdoor furniture from Home Depot. The entire set was +/-$3,000. Within a year and a half the tables are fading and peeling and one of the bar stools has broken at the weld beneath the seat. This furniture is stored indoors during the winter, so the exposure to weather is minimal. The set this furniture replaced was 10 years old and was in better condition than Home Depot's is after a season and a half.

To make matters worst, Home Depot refuses to back their product and basically told us the warranty is expired and that's that. This furniture is garbage after less than 2 seasons. This shouldn't be a warranty issue as the products are defective, and clearly have been since manufacture. For Home Depot not to stand behind their product is extremely disappointing, and will affect my decisions on where to shop. Do Not Buy Hampton Bay furniture- it will not last and you will have thrown your money away.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I purchased a Hampton Bay patio set (glass table and 4 chairs) from Home Depot in May 2018. Within a short period of time, I started noticing rust stains on my deck under the legs of each chair and the table. That's when I decided to look online to see if other people were having similar problems, and every review I read about Hampton Bay patio furniture was negative. I unassembled the table and took all the pieces back to Home Depot. The sales associate at the returns desk asked me if I contacted Hampton Bay.

I told her I had no interest in doing so because I bought the set from Home Depot, not Hampton Bay. I also told her about the product reviews that I read about Hampton Bay and suggested to her that Home Depot should consider dropping their product line. Fortunately, I had my receipt and it was within the 90 day return period. She very nicely processed my refund and applied the credit to my VISA card. After reading some of the other "horror stories" that people reported, I realize that I was very fortunate to be able to get a refund. I hope that Hampton Bay receives more negative publicity about their products so that other buyers are made aware of the poor quality!

Original review: July 5, 2018

I bought the beautiful tile table with the six chairs from Home Depot and the chairs immediately discolored. I can't get any help from them and the chairs look terrible. Any help would be appreciated. Can you spray paint fabric type paint onto the chairs to perhaps cover the discoloration? I will never buy a Hampton patio chair again!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hampton Bay?

Original review: May 7, 2018

I purchased a patio set dining table and 6 chairs along with matching umbrellas. Spent over $1500.00. We only use it 3 months a year and it's put away all winter, my table is completely faded in all different spots. Can't be used anymore. It looks so bad. Contact Hampton Bay. "Sorry. We can't help you, contact store." "Sorry. We can't help you. Contact manufacturer." No help from anywhere. You would think that Home Depot would stand behind their customer. Not at all!

Buyer beware. The products they are selling are not worth the price they are charging and I thought well my table is defective. Let me see if anyone else has this problem. WOW. To my surprise 100's of people with the same complaint. I asked customer, "Can I buy the paint and try and fix table?" "No. Sorry. We do not sell it..." Please think before you purchase. You are wasting your money. Meanwhile the chairs and cushions are in brand new condition. The set is no use to me at this point! Never have I seen such poor quality. Trying to help. Don't make the same mistake I made. Woodbury Collection by Hampton Bay.

Original review: May 1, 2018

I purchased a tile patio table 3 years ago from Home Depot and as soon as we put the furniture together a couple of tiles fell off. At that time I didn’t think it was that big of a deal, I glued them back on. But after that every time we used the table more fell off. We took really good care of the table. Always stored it in the basement and kept it covered when not in use. Today the table is an eyesore. We paid good money for this table which no we can't use. The table is crumbling. It’s the cheapest made table I’ve seen. The tiles are layered on styrofoam. I’m not sure what to do now. I will be contacting Home Depot as well

Original review: March 5, 2018

One of my back cushions on my three piece Woodbury set was damaged. I called to order a new slipcover or cushion and I was told I could not get one till after peak season. When I asked what that meant I was told not till October. I said I need it now and was told to Google third party vendors that may sell them. They could not help me. What???? What if it was still under warranty, they still couldn't help me?? I have purchase two three piece Woodbury sets to the tune of $948.00, two seven piece dining sets one green one chili red and umbrellas for both all Hampton Bay. I have a significant investment in this furniture to be brushed off and told to look elsewhere for cushions. I will never recommend these products to anyone ever. If their own company won't stand behind them, why should I.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Hampton Bay Patio Furniture - Patio furniture discolored badly in the first 90 days. Manufacturer would not provide any customer service or assistance despite the fact that the representative admitted this has been a problem with the set we purchased. Very surprising to us is why Home Depot continues to carry this brand. Could not receive any assistance, parts, replacement or exchange from Home Depot either. As long time customers, we will be taking our business to Lowe's from now on.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

Hampton Bay Hardtop Poly Carbonate Panel Gazebo - We purchased this expensive gazebo feeling it would be a nice solid gazebo. The instructions are absolutely terrible. They do not accurately show which way some parts should be installed. They do not show detailed drawings or photos to assist in assembly. I spent a lot of time installing, taking apart and reinstalling because the instructions are poor. They call parts by the wrong name and had a number on the installations instructions to which there was no reference in the detailed parts list. So I spent a lot of time reading and rereading the instructions to figure things out. I finally used common sense to put it all together. I had called for assistance and was told the technical department could only be emailed by the service department and I would get a callback. I finally did receive a callback but not from Hampton Bay, from some other company with a lot of static on the phone line so I could only hear intermittent words.

I also asked the question if snow would damage it and I was referred to the instruction "Do not put your gazebo in wet conditions where there is a risk of rust developing". This is an outdoor fixture. It rains everywhere in the world. Needless to say I am somewhat angry about the waste of time to call for assistance and the terrible instructions and the ridiculous statement that it should not be in rain. I have yet to complete the project but I am hoping it will last some time as it wasn't a cheap gazebo.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

Delronde furniture set: We purchased this product last summer, and the plastic straps that support the cushions have sagged. We have tried to get help through Home Depot, Hampton Bay and their manufacturer Grand Basket. All we've received is a run around from all of them. Very frustrating and, at the end of the day, we still stuck with a faulty product and no solution to the issue.

Original review: July 12, 2017

My children purchased a Hampton Bay Olympus 2-tier Fountain from Home Depot for me for Mothers Day on 5/8/16. Item # 209-455, Model # 10141. Receipt has ** Fountain. I read the manual for the care and cleaning which stated to store the fountain indoors during the winter. My husband & I drained it completely and placed it in the very back of our garage covered with a blanket. In the spring, I was crushed when my husband went to uncover it and heard pieces falling off. He came to get me, being worried about it, & we removed the blanket together from both sides.

As we removed the blanket, which wasn't a heavy one, the fountain crumbled. The Finial & the small bowl were broken & chipped along with a chip in the back cover. I was sick to my stomach, this gift from my children was very special to me and I had to tell them it was ruined. Home Depot would not return it even though I have the receipt, I didn't even have it a year. Hampton Bay never got back to me, after repeat attempts. I feel I followed the care instructions and should have received a replacement given the time frame and still having the receipt but nothing was done. I will not recommend a Hampton Bay product to anyone.

Original review: July 10, 2017

We purchased 4 Belcourt stationary chairs, 2 ottomans and 1 side table, spending over 1000 dollars at Home Depot 1 month ago. The furniture is on our large deck against our house and is mostly shaded by a cantilever umbrella also purchased from Home Depot. We now have a very large burn to the top of a cushion with fabric that was obviously melted through to the cushion padding. We also have two other exposed cushions with burn marks. This is very concerning for fire. When I spoke to the rep at Hampton Bay, I was told that this does happen and that the products were not covered under warranty. Very disappointed in the customer service and will never again purchase such a product and will likely dispose of the $1000+ dollars worth of furniture that is 1 month old because of the fire risk.

Original review: July 10, 2017

Hampton Bay will not stand behind their shabby, poor quality work. I recently bought a Hampton Bay fabric topped gazebo. My wife and I constructed it ourselves. It took the better part of an entire day. It rained overnight! The next morning there were GALLONS of water collected on the roof making the material sag terribly. The fabric fit the frame so poorly that wouldn't properly drain the rain water. I called Home Depot customer service who transferred me to the "Warranty" department. I wast informed that this is not covered under the "Warranty".

The section of the instructions marked "Warranty" says that it will guarantee for 1 year, "Frame and Fabric". Here's The Rub Under Safety Information there is a "warning." "The gazebo is NOT a permanent structure and must be used under normal weather conditions. We recommend removal of the canopy in windy conditions as gazebos, like umbrellas, catch wind. You must however completely disassemble the entire unit prior to any severe weather conditions such as thunderstorms, hurricanes and/or heavy wind and rain. Failure to do so will cause the gazebo to have structure damage and even structural collapse."

This is taken directly from the Mfg. instructions. This means my wife and I would have had to put up and take down this piece of crap 20 or 30 times this spring alone. We can't go on vacation without taking it down. We can't go shopping without taking it down. We can't take a boat ride without taking it down. If this not the most stupid thing going. IT'S FOR CERTAIN I'LL NEVER BUY ANOTHER HAMPTON BAY ANYTHING.

Original review: June 19, 2017

We purchased this set in March. While assembling one of the chairs I noticed it was not lining up the screw holes. I found the frame to be bend. I contacted Hampton Bay to explain the situation and they said they would replace the left and right side of the chair but it was back ordered at the time. It is now June 19th and still no word back on the replacement item. I've called them numerous times and they explained to me they were waiting for the vendor to send replacement parts. 3 weeks ago they informed me the part were being received in a couple of days and they would be shipping my part out. Of course nothing has happened and I told them I wanted a replacement chair at this time... No response. Customer service is horrible with this company!

Original review: May 25, 2017

In case you haven't picked up from the other reviews on Hampton Bay patio furniture, I can confirm it is cheap Chinese crap that gives "made in China" a bad name. Our 7-piece dining patio set looked great. But the inside of it is hollow raw steel. It started rusting immediately. I contact Home Depot and Hampton Bay customer support. Hampton Bay claims that rust is an "Act of Nature" that can not be avoided. Imagine you just bought a new car and it started rusting the first day that it rained. Would you accept an excuse like that? Of course not. Rust can be prevented with a variety of manufacturing techniques and material choices. Hampton Bay, simply put builds patio furniture on the cheap. Home Depot, to their credit did accept a return on the furniture without my having to dismantle the set.

Original review: May 19, 2017

I bought this set of Hampton Bay patio furniture less than two years ago. It sure in hell was not cheap. Within this time the complete set is falling apart and the material is just disintegrating. The whole set is kept under the covered patio so no sun or weather elements hit it. I believe this is the cheapest pieces of ** ever made and I would recommend to anybody to never buy Hampton patio furniture ever. I know I won't. My set which includes 2 chairs, 2 ottomans, 1 coffee table and 1 3 cushion love seat. I would never buy this ** again or anything else by HAMPTON BAY!!!

Original review: May 4, 2017

Both of the chairs to this set broke in the same place due to faulty welding. I had a five year warranty on the frame. Because Home Depot cannot go back further than 2 years and I am unable to find my receipt, the company indicates that I cannot get a replacement without the receipt even after sending pictures of the problem. This is total crap!! Why buy a life-time set and find the warranty is only applicable with original receipt!! Buyers beware. I am not through with this company yet.

Original review: April 20, 2017

I bought a patio set from them last summer that comes with a "2 YEAR" warranty. I purchased the set Memorial Day weekend and one of the chairs broke in June (not even a month later) while my 3-yr old niece was sitting it. She ended up banging her head part and getting scratches all over her. When I called cust service Home Depot told me I needed to call Hampton Bay directly as they couldn't help. When I called I THOUGHT the rep was very helpful and explained exactly what I had to do to get chair replaced. WELL first I had to send her a picture of the damaged chair with a copy of original receipt which I did.

A MONTH later I got an email saying I needed to send a picture, the barcode from the box and the part # that was included in the assembly instructions. Neither of which I had. When I email her back she said unfortunately she wasn't able to help me but I was welcome to go to Home Depot and try to exchange the broken chair. They would not replace it as I bought it a set and the chairs were not sold separately. So basically I had to spend the summer hoping that the chairs weren't going to collapse what we were sitting in them. Unacceptable and both Home Depot and Hampton Bay should be embarrassed at the products they sell. The fact that they know from the get go that they are going to try whatever BS they can to honor the warranties sickens me. Lesson of the day: Buy local from small businesses. They actually stand by their products and promises.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2016

I purchased a Hampton Bay Patio set from Kohl's last summer (2015). One year later, 2 out of the 6 swivel chairs have broken. The other 4 chairs aren't swivel and seem to be fine. Both times someone was in the chair. Just hate that I paid good money for my chairs to break a year later.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

3 out of my original 4 chairs have broken. When the first 2 chairs broke, I purchased new ones from Lowe's. This patio set still sells at Lowe's for $899, on sale. All the chairs have broken while either our family members or our guests have been sitting in them. We have patio pavers, this is dangerous! I have saved my 3 broken chairs in our shed, thinking the warranty would've covered them. It has not, as of yet.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2016

I bought a Hampton Bay patio set fro Home Depot on May 22, 2016. On July 29 the chair collapsed with my husband in it. He had had three neck surgeries and busted his elbow. I took the chair back to Home Depot. They refunded my money. Later that Eve I saw where NBC had a recall on the chairs. They are very dangerous.

Original review: July 28, 2016

We purchased the Hampton Bay Patio table and chair set (not a cheap set either) since we purchased one swivel rocking chair broke about a year ago. Just last night the other swivel rocking chair broke which sent me to the hospital with multiple injuries. I will never ever purchase again an expensive set that should last from Hampton Bay.

Original review: July 16, 2016

Bought the 2 piece patio set. Use the swivel chairs at your own peril. We have 2 chairs suddenly collapse. I have some experience with welds and aluminum. Frankly, they were "crap". The 1st incident was caused by IMO a faulty weld. The 2nd was shearing of the aluminum struts. Both resulted in sore backs, some cuts and bruises. These should not be available for sale. The company should be embarrassed to produce such inferior product. Run, don't buy!

Original review: June 20, 2016

I purchased a Hampton Bay Patio Set (6 chairs with large glass table) from Home Depot 2 years ago. Yesterday out of the blue, the glass table top exploded, leaving glass shattered all over my patio and projected onto our grass and flower beds. I noticed on this site the "exact" table I HAD someone else also had it explode. These sets cost way too much money to have things like this happen to them!! Hampton Bay will not have my business anymore!!

Original review: May 5, 2016

Cushions are NOT FIRE RETARDANT. Very much a fire hazard.

Original review: May 5, 2016

I contacted Home Depot Customer service several times & to discuss the issues I was having with my patio set. Most recently contacted customer support noting my issues with my patio set. I was told because its outside of warranty they will do nothing. My table top is corroding from the inside out. I have six table chairs all but one is peeling & having issues with corrosion. The process began at the plant in China where the patio set is manufactured. The powder coat is going on the patio set most likely when it's not completely dry. This is to save time & money but ends up costing us as consumers in the end.

I will never buy this type or any type of large product purchase from HOME DEPOT AGAIN! Just look at all the complaints. I had a Samsonite set from Sears, never the issues like I am having with this Home Depot Hampton Bay garbage. I regret getting rid of the set to buy this one. Look at my pictures, the picture of only one chair is as it should be, no issues. Everything else as described has premature problems that should not be if there were at minimum some production run quality control in place. Remember Lumber Liquidators? Anything now from China you're rolling the dice. Home Depot should know better and stand behind their product.

Original review: May 2, 2016

Hampton Bay Lynnfield 5-pc set - We purchased from Home Depot and have had this set for 3 weeks. It has rained twice. Today I went out to tip the chairs to let the water run off, and orange rust came out from the chairs and is all over the deck. 3 WEEKS!!! What is going to happen after the summer is over. I can't find a contact for Hampton Bay anyplace.

Original review: April 6, 2016

Fall River 7 Piece Patio Set - I purchased this set from HOME DEPOT a little over 2 years ago. They had to replace the table top and 1/2 the chairs due to rust and the powder cost coming off. Now the new table top and all the chairs are rusted out and need to be replaced. I have tons of other pictures... Called Hampton Bay and they don't cover rust. They don't guarantee their "outdoor" product for typical outdoor issues. If you're putting the set indoors it may last, but if it's outdoors it's absolute junk. $600 for the set and already replacing.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2016

In January of 2015, I purchased a Hampton Bay Patio Furniture set. I liked the styling and price. One year and one month later, I noticed considerable rust. I used this set for one party. I will soon need to take it to the curb. I have another outdoor setting area (not Hampton Bay) also on my patio and have had it for 10 years with no rust. The quality of this product is CRAP! I will not purchase anymore Hampton Bay and will tell their horrible story as often as possible.

Hampton Bay Patio Furniture Company Information