Hampton Bay Patio Furniture
1.35/5
  • 1 star
Based on 107 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution
Looking for a good furniture store?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Hampton Bay Patio Furniture

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 7, 2017

492 Hampton Bay Patio Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Hampton Bay Patio Furniture - Patio furniture discolored badly in the first 90 days. Manufacturer would not provide any customer service or assistance despite the fact that the representative admitted this has been a problem with the set we purchased. Very surprising to us is why Home Depot continues to carry this brand. Could not receive any assistance, parts, replacement or exchange from Home Depot either. As long time customers, we will be taking our business to Lowe's from now on.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

Hampton Bay Hardtop Poly Carbonate Panel Gazebo - We purchased this expensive gazebo feeling it would be a nice solid gazebo. The instructions are absolutely terrible. They do not accurately show which way some parts should be installed. They do not show detailed drawings or photos to assist in assembly. I spent a lot of time installing, taking apart and reinstalling because the instructions are poor. They call parts by the wrong name and had a number on the installations instructions to which there was no reference in the detailed parts list. So I spent a lot of time reading and rereading the instructions to figure things out. I finally used common sense to put it all together. I had called for assistance and was told the technical department could only be emailed by the service department and I would get a callback. I finally did receive a callback but not from Hampton Bay, from some other company with a lot of static on the phone line so I could only hear intermittent words.

I also asked the question if snow would damage it and I was referred to the instruction "Do not put your gazebo in wet conditions where there is a risk of rust developing". This is an outdoor fixture. It rains everywhere in the world. Needless to say I am somewhat angry about the waste of time to call for assistance and the terrible instructions and the ridiculous statement that it should not be in rain. I have yet to complete the project but I am hoping it will last some time as it wasn't a cheap gazebo.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

Delronde furniture set: We purchased this product last summer, and the plastic straps that support the cushions have sagged. We have tried to get help through Home Depot, Hampton Bay and their manufacturer Grand Basket. All we've received is a run around from all of them. Very frustrating and, at the end of the day, we still stuck with a faulty product and no solution to the issue.

Original review: July 12, 2017

My children purchased a Hampton Bay Olympus 2-tier Fountain from Home Depot for me for Mothers Day on 5/8/16. Item # 209-455, Model # 10141. Receipt has ** Fountain. I read the manual for the care and cleaning which stated to store the fountain indoors during the winter. My husband & I drained it completely and placed it in the very back of our garage covered with a blanket. In the spring, I was crushed when my husband went to uncover it and heard pieces falling off. He came to get me, being worried about it, & we removed the blanket together from both sides.

As we removed the blanket, which wasn't a heavy one, the fountain crumbled. The Finial & the small bowl were broken & chipped along with a chip in the back cover. I was sick to my stomach, this gift from my children was very special to me and I had to tell them it was ruined. Home Depot would not return it even though I have the receipt, I didn't even have it a year. Hampton Bay never got back to me, after repeat attempts. I feel I followed the care instructions and should have received a replacement given the time frame and still having the receipt but nothing was done. I will not recommend a Hampton Bay product to anyone.

Original review: July 10, 2017

We purchased 4 Belcourt stationary chairs, 2 ottomans and 1 side table, spending over 1000 dollars at Home Depot 1 month ago. The furniture is on our large deck against our house and is mostly shaded by a cantilever umbrella also purchased from Home Depot. We now have a very large burn to the top of a cushion with fabric that was obviously melted through to the cushion padding. We also have two other exposed cushions with burn marks. This is very concerning for fire. When I spoke to the rep at Hampton Bay, I was told that this does happen and that the products were not covered under warranty. Very disappointed in the customer service and will never again purchase such a product and will likely dispose of the $1000+ dollars worth of furniture that is 1 month old because of the fire risk.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hampton Bay?

Original review: July 10, 2017

Hampton Bay will not stand behind their shabby, poor quality work. I recently bought a Hampton Bay fabric topped gazebo. My wife and I constructed it ourselves. It took the better part of an entire day. It rained overnight! The next morning there were GALLONS of water collected on the roof making the material sag terribly. The fabric fit the frame so poorly that wouldn't properly drain the rain water. I called Home Depot customer service who transferred me to the "Warranty" department. I wast informed that this is not covered under the "Warranty".

The section of the instructions marked "Warranty" says that it will guarantee for 1 year, "Frame and Fabric". Here's The Rub Under Safety Information there is a "warning." "The gazebo is NOT a permanent structure and must be used under normal weather conditions. We recommend removal of the canopy in windy conditions as gazebos, like umbrellas, catch wind. You must however completely disassemble the entire unit prior to any severe weather conditions such as thunderstorms, hurricanes and/or heavy wind and rain. Failure to do so will cause the gazebo to have structure damage and even structural collapse."

This is taken directly from the Mfg. instructions. This means my wife and I would have had to put up and take down this piece of crap 20 or 30 times this spring alone. We can't go on vacation without taking it down. We can't go shopping without taking it down. We can't take a boat ride without taking it down. If this not the most stupid thing going. IT'S FOR CERTAIN I'LL NEVER BUY ANOTHER HAMPTON BAY ANYTHING.

Original review: June 19, 2017

We purchased this set in March. While assembling one of the chairs I noticed it was not lining up the screw holes. I found the frame to be bend. I contacted Hampton Bay to explain the situation and they said they would replace the left and right side of the chair but it was back ordered at the time. It is now June 19th and still no word back on the replacement item. I've called them numerous times and they explained to me they were waiting for the vendor to send replacement parts. 3 weeks ago they informed me the part were being received in a couple of days and they would be shipping my part out. Of course nothing has happened and I told them I wanted a replacement chair at this time... No response. Customer service is horrible with this company!

Original review: May 25, 2017

In case you haven't picked up from the other reviews on Hampton Bay patio furniture, I can confirm it is cheap Chinese crap that gives "made in China" a bad name. Our 7-piece dining patio set looked great. But the inside of it is hollow raw steel. It started rusting immediately. I contact Home Depot and Hampton Bay customer support. Hampton Bay claims that rust is an "Act of Nature" that can not be avoided. Imagine you just bought a new car and it started rusting the first day that it rained. Would you accept an excuse like that? Of course not. Rust can be prevented with a variety of manufacturing techniques and material choices. Hampton Bay, simply put builds patio furniture on the cheap. Home Depot, to their credit did accept a return on the furniture without my having to dismantle the set.

Original review: May 19, 2017

I bought this set of Hampton Bay patio furniture less than two years ago. It sure in hell was not cheap. Within this time the complete set is falling apart and the material is just disintegrating. The whole set is kept under the covered patio so no sun or weather elements hit it. I believe this is the cheapest pieces of ** ever made and I would recommend to anybody to never buy Hampton patio furniture ever. I know I won't. My set which includes 2 chairs, 2 ottomans, 1 coffee table and 1 3 cushion love seat. I would never buy this ** again or anything else by HAMPTON BAY!!!

Original review: May 4, 2017

Both of the chairs to this set broke in the same place due to faulty welding. I had a five year warranty on the frame. Because Home Depot cannot go back further than 2 years and I am unable to find my receipt, the company indicates that I cannot get a replacement without the receipt even after sending pictures of the problem. This is total crap!! Why buy a life-time set and find the warranty is only applicable with original receipt!! Buyers beware. I am not through with this company yet.

Original review: April 20, 2017

I bought a patio set from them last summer that comes with a "2 YEAR" warranty. I purchased the set Memorial Day weekend and one of the chairs broke in June (not even a month later) while my 3-yr old niece was sitting it. She ended up banging her head part and getting scratches all over her. When I called cust service Home Depot told me I needed to call Hampton Bay directly as they couldn't help. When I called I THOUGHT the rep was very helpful and explained exactly what I had to do to get chair replaced. WELL first I had to send her a picture of the damaged chair with a copy of original receipt which I did.

A MONTH later I got an email saying I needed to send a picture, the barcode from the box and the part # that was included in the assembly instructions. Neither of which I had. When I email her back she said unfortunately she wasn't able to help me but I was welcome to go to Home Depot and try to exchange the broken chair. They would not replace it as I bought it a set and the chairs were not sold separately. So basically I had to spend the summer hoping that the chairs weren't going to collapse what we were sitting in them. Unacceptable and both Home Depot and Hampton Bay should be embarrassed at the products they sell. The fact that they know from the get go that they are going to try whatever BS they can to honor the warranties sickens me. Lesson of the day: Buy local from small businesses. They actually stand by their products and promises.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2016

I purchased a Hampton Bay Patio set from Kohl's last summer (2015). One year later, 2 out of the 6 swivel chairs have broken. The other 4 chairs aren't swivel and seem to be fine. Both times someone was in the chair. Just hate that I paid good money for my chairs to break a year later.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

3 out of my original 4 chairs have broken. When the first 2 chairs broke, I purchased new ones from Lowe's. This patio set still sells at Lowe's for $899, on sale. All the chairs have broken while either our family members or our guests have been sitting in them. We have patio pavers, this is dangerous! I have saved my 3 broken chairs in our shed, thinking the warranty would've covered them. It has not, as of yet.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2016

I bought a Hampton Bay patio set fro Home Depot on May 22, 2016. On July 29 the chair collapsed with my husband in it. He had had three neck surgeries and busted his elbow. I took the chair back to Home Depot. They refunded my money. Later that Eve I saw where NBC had a recall on the chairs. They are very dangerous.

Original review: July 28, 2016

We purchased the Hampton Bay Patio table and chair set (not a cheap set either) since we purchased one swivel rocking chair broke about a year ago. Just last night the other swivel rocking chair broke which sent me to the hospital with multiple injuries. I will never ever purchase again an expensive set that should last from Hampton Bay.

Original review: July 16, 2016

Bought the 2 piece patio set. Use the swivel chairs at your own peril. We have 2 chairs suddenly collapse. I have some experience with welds and aluminum. Frankly, they were "crap". The 1st incident was caused by IMO a faulty weld. The 2nd was shearing of the aluminum struts. Both resulted in sore backs, some cuts and bruises. These should not be available for sale. The company should be embarrassed to produce such inferior product. Run, don't buy!

Original review: June 20, 2016

I purchased a Hampton Bay Patio Set (6 chairs with large glass table) from Home Depot 2 years ago. Yesterday out of the blue, the glass table top exploded, leaving glass shattered all over my patio and projected onto our grass and flower beds. I noticed on this site the "exact" table I HAD someone else also had it explode. These sets cost way too much money to have things like this happen to them!! Hampton Bay will not have my business anymore!!

Original review: May 5, 2016

Cushions are NOT FIRE RETARDANT. Very much a fire hazard.

Original review: May 5, 2016

I contacted Home Depot Customer service several times & to discuss the issues I was having with my patio set. Most recently contacted customer support noting my issues with my patio set. I was told because its outside of warranty they will do nothing. My table top is corroding from the inside out. I have six table chairs all but one is peeling & having issues with corrosion. The process began at the plant in China where the patio set is manufactured. The powder coat is going on the patio set most likely when it's not completely dry. This is to save time & money but ends up costing us as consumers in the end.

I will never buy this type or any type of large product purchase from HOME DEPOT AGAIN! Just look at all the complaints. I had a Samsonite set from Sears, never the issues like I am having with this Home Depot Hampton Bay garbage. I regret getting rid of the set to buy this one. Look at my pictures, the picture of only one chair is as it should be, no issues. Everything else as described has premature problems that should not be if there were at minimum some production run quality control in place. Remember Lumber Liquidators? Anything now from China you're rolling the dice. Home Depot should know better and stand behind their product.

Original review: May 2, 2016

Hampton Bay Lynnfield 5-pc set - We purchased from Home Depot and have had this set for 3 weeks. It has rained twice. Today I went out to tip the chairs to let the water run off, and orange rust came out from the chairs and is all over the deck. 3 WEEKS!!! What is going to happen after the summer is over. I can't find a contact for Hampton Bay anyplace.

Original review: April 6, 2016

Fall River 7 Piece Patio Set - I purchased this set from HOME DEPOT a little over 2 years ago. They had to replace the table top and 1/2 the chairs due to rust and the powder cost coming off. Now the new table top and all the chairs are rusted out and need to be replaced. I have tons of other pictures... Called Hampton Bay and they don't cover rust. They don't guarantee their "outdoor" product for typical outdoor issues. If you're putting the set indoors it may last, but if it's outdoors it's absolute junk. $600 for the set and already replacing.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2016

In January of 2015, I purchased a Hampton Bay Patio Furniture set. I liked the styling and price. One year and one month later, I noticed considerable rust. I used this set for one party. I will soon need to take it to the curb. I have another outdoor setting area (not Hampton Bay) also on my patio and have had it for 10 years with no rust. The quality of this product is CRAP! I will not purchase anymore Hampton Bay and will tell their horrible story as often as possible.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2015

I purchased the 7 pc set at the beginning of summer (we are located in Ohio, purchased June) this set seemed to be the most bang for your buck. According to the manufacturer, the seat cushions are waterproof (makes sense, they will be used outdoors). After 3 months, we started to notice that when we would sit on the chairs that the cushions were actually soaking wet. The top would be dry, but the minute you would sit down, your entire rear end would be soaked. This is not good. I didn't expect this set to be top of the line, but it would have been nice if it would have lasted 3/4 yrs. I opened up the cushions to find white powder everywhere (that's where that was coming from, it was on the surface of all the furniture) the waterproof fabric lining totally broke down. I am going to have to find a creative way to reline these so I can get my money's worth out of this set :(

Original review: Sept. 24, 2015

I purchased the fan 3 years ago and there has been an issue with the remote after 90 days. Then we changed batteries - got it to work until now, seems as though now it will not work at all. We got in contact with a Mrs Djuan ** who seemed eager to help at first. We provided her with the pictures she requested then she stated the fan could be a third party so she connected me with the third party name Mike who provided me with a false email address and a website where I can locate the remote. The remote and fan clearly say Hampton Bay on them. The experience we had with Hampton Bay was horrible! I checked their reviews and seems we are not the only customers who have encountered the same treatment. So after three days we're still in the same position - wasted time and fan still not working .

Original review: Sept. 1, 2015

My wife was sitting in the swivel chair, and the welds broke and she fell on the floor. When the seat part came loose from the base, the welds are on a 1/8 of an inch rod, and that is not enough. They should have been bolted together instead of the welds. My is sore and bruised and had to get the fire department to help her up, because she was not strong enough to get up by herself. The furniture is very nice and looks good and we have enjoyed using it for the past 5 years.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2015

In December 2014 we bought four Hampton Bay sun loungers for our home in Naples, Florida and we only just relocated there at the end of June 2015. Already one of the cushions is parting at the seams on both sides. When contacting HD was told that without the receipt they could not verify the warranty and they put the onus on me to find the receipt and if I was unable to do so I would have to pay to have it replaced or repaired when this is definitely a manufacturing fault. Very disappointed with this attitude and will certainly not buy anything from this store again.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2015

I purchased a 7 piece Hampton Bay patio set from Home Depot late last summer in August 2014. I have kept the chairs and cushions inside from then until now, due to the season changing. I was entertaining outside on the last weekend in this July 2015, so I set up my table set. I noticed that a few cushions developed what appeared to be burn circles on them. I thought that was odd for this to happen. No one smokes in my house and I was beginning to think it could have been vandalism. Another day went by in 85 deg temp and I noticed more burn circles and the older circles burned down to the white stuffing. I found this site while I was researching the quality of the fabric on this furniture set. It has been a year since purchase and I am very disappointed to have a furniture set that cannot be exposed to the sun. There are a total of 4 cushions that have been damaged from sun exposure from only a week of being used!

Original review: July 30, 2015

I bought a Hampton Bay table for about $400. You get what you paid for. It was cheap. A screw fell out and the glass top broke before our first BBQ. I have been going in circles trying every which way to get another type of top for the table frame because I really don't want to throw it out. We haven't used it. Home Depot said for $220 they can send me another glass top which is exactly what I don't want. I called manufacturer Zhejiang Aluminum 877-931-7378 but they said they couldn't help me at all. So now I have no patio table, an empty wobbly table frame and out $400. Thanks Home Depot/Hampton Bay.

Original review: July 28, 2015

I was sitting in the swivel chair and it broke at the base - with me in it!! Bruises and scratches! About 4 years old - stored inside in the winter.

Original review: July 16, 2015

I purchased the Hampton Bay Raynham 7-Piece Patio Dining Set a little over one year ago from Home Depot. Under no adverse weather conditions, with nothing sitting on top of it and no damage to it, the glass table top exploded. It shot glass off in all directions upwards to 12 feet away. The glass was all over the table, chairs, deck, patio, in our rocks, landscaping, and grass. It took hours to clean it all up and there's no way we got all of it that's in the grass and rocks.

I called Home Depot about it who stated that the glass isn't covered under the warranty plus they don't make that model anymore so they can't help me with anything. They then suggested I contact a local glass company who could probably help me fix it. Warranty and replacement aside, they didn't seem too concerned about having a glass product out there that EXPLODES and projectiles under no certain conditions. Their line of questioning included whether it was windy or something was sitting on top of it - curious why that should be of issue as it's a TABLE meant to go OUTSIDE. I have two toddlers in my house and am very thankful they (or anyone else) were not sitting at the table when this happened.

Hampton Bay Patio Furniture Company Information