3.73/5
Based on 33 reviews that contain star ratings

Looking for a good furniture store?

Rahway, NJ

Launched in 1999, Modern Line Furniture is a leading designer and manufacturer of indoor and outdoor modern, modular, contemporary and custom made furniture at factory direct prices. Through its New Jersey manufacturing facility, the company designs and manufactures products and fulfills custom orders of any size, and offers fast nationwide shipping.

Learn more at www.modernlinefurniture.com

View More View More

36 Modern Line Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 22, 2019

Decent quality for the prices they charge. I can only say this company does the job for me... Looking to get my delivery soon. I recommend them to everyone. Thank you Modern Line team!!!!

Original review: April 15, 2019

I own a bakery and I decided to look online to see if there is a place near me for tables and chairs. Found Modern Line and drove to their location and see the rep there name Bert. We picked the tables and chairs in 1 hour and next week I had my delivery. So far I have nothing but pleasant things to say about the product as it is easy to clean and maintain. Will see how it will holds up in the upcoming month as I have a lot of traffic.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 12, 2019

We bought a few Communal Tables with Charging Stations for our Social Gathering area. Very satisfied with the quality of the tables and chargers they install. I will recommend this company to others. We will order again for sure soon.

Original review: April 1, 2019

My previous suppliers let me down at the last minute telling me they are out of stock on my chairs and tables. I quickly went online and found Modern Line. Decided to call them and place an order. We picked the sets and asked the rep for rush delivery. Delivery took 1 week as promised. Thanks a lot!

Original review: March 25, 2019

Too many options on their website and too confusing when you place an order online. I had to call 800 number to place an order manually. Thankfully the sales rep were a pro and we got this done in no time. My order arrived exactly as planned.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Modern Line Furniture?

Original review: March 1, 2019

We ordered 6 wall benches for our small cafe from Modern Line Furniture. Delivery took about 3 weeks, the sofas came in perfect condition and after we set them up we discover a small tear on one of the units. Our order was taken by sales rep Mark, so we called him right away asking for replacement. He took care of the shipment right away and we got the unit delivered in no time. Great customer service. Will buy from them again.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I was looking all over trying to find a modular bar for my pub. Modern Line Furniture had the bar but not my color. They did custom panels for me in 2 weeks and shipped to my location. Thank you guy for taking an extra step to make it happened.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I started working on my club project 3 months ago and I decided to use Modern Line. Well I am glad I did because all my products came out the way we spec them on sizes and colors. Thanks again for fast and safe delivery of my club furniture.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Their website is easy to navigate and go through customization process, so I decided to give them my first sample order for the new area I was decorating. Modern Line called me right away and got all the details confirmed with me before they shipped. Now I am waiting for my complete order which should be arriving soon. Good customer service; I give them five stars.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

When I saw Modern Line at the Restaurant & Bar Trade Show I decided to order first set of samples and try it out. I got through our renovation process pretty quick and set up all new samples to see how it works. To my surprise their products were simple and easy to assemble. I placed an order right away and got my delivery 3 weeks later with the same items and colors. Good quality and reasonable pricing. Will definitely buy again!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

They supplied me with charging tables for my cafe. Their tables have made my coffee shop something special. I have been getting a lot of compliments from my clients. Considering the price and shipping I paid I would do it again.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

My cafe is opening in a week and all the furniture that will be there I purchased from Modern Line. I can't wait to open my place and I hope they will deliver as promised. Guys do not let me down with my grand opening. Looking forward to see the shipment.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Thanks to Robert and Bert and everybody who was involved from the beginning to an end. :) I can't stress this enough, I wasn't feeling it right away, but after seeing a few of their projects, I got real excited. :) I did a total 40 rooms and lobby area renovation with Modern Line Furniture in 3 month. My boutique hotel looks fancy as heck now. :D

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I have been in the Rental business and running an operation with Full Spec Events is always a last minute "something". I have been using Modern Line Furniture Modular White tufted components and this time I was short for 12 White Armless Chairs. I called them up a day before an event and told them I am going to pick it up from their Linden Warehouse the next day. Of course I got stuck in traffic but I called them and they were nice enough to keep their crew for another 40 minutes to load my truck. You do not get a better service than that.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

Modern Line Furniture had changed their site and Clearance section which I used to shop for my projects. I am ok with the new site but was hoping to bet a better deal for Clearance items. Thank you for the good service.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

Not only did Modern Line provide me with great quality modular pieces for my lounge, their customer service was OUTSTANDING. I called them to resolve an issue with a missing component and they took excellent care of the situation, going above and beyond what I had expected in terms of customer support. Would highly recommend to those in the market for high end lounge/night club furniture.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I was looking to change tables and chairs at my pub. I called this company and Bert picked up the phone. I was pleased to work with Bert. She really helped me out to make difficult decisions about the sizes of the tables based on my space. Goods arrived 2 weeks later, the tables and chairs arrived in good condition. Would recommend to others!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

I bought sectional sofa from Modern Line Furniture for $2300 on June 2016. By August 2017 the seats ripped by its stitching. I contacted the company in October 2017. They told me it's been more than 1 year and the repairs will cost me $1000. I agree but I didn't have money. I told them that I want repairs in March 2018. I been trying to contact them for more than 1 week. They ignored me. Until I posted negative review on Google. They called me back right away and threaten me?? Really threatening? What kind of low trash company are they. They sell cheap low quality Chinese Furniture. I ordered sofa in March 2016. They told me that they don't have it. China has to build it. Do Not Shop here. This is trash store. Stay as far as possible from this store. So you won't end up like me.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Don’t ever buy from this company unless you see the product yourself. Their shade list has nothing to do with the actual color of the furniture and when you ask about sample of the color they say they don’t have it. I received my 7 chairs and were different color than what I expected. I sent them a message to exchange or return. “Their policy says return accepted within 30 days“. Someone called Robert replied to my email and said it’s not possible to exchange and was saying BS stuff about how great their product is and I am going to love it!!!! The worse customer service ever!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

Bad customer service. They sent one of the couch with missing legs. Contact the customer service and explained the situations. Contacted them on Monday and told them I need the legs by Fri for our soft opening event. They promised me legs will be there on Thursday. Came to found out they were trying to save a few bucks on shipping and item won't be here til following Tuesday. Now I have a soft opening with a couch but no legs. I would give them a negative feedback if I could.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2017

We ordered tables for our cafe from Modern Line. After a nightmare delivery and poor customer service follow-up, we received the wrong color product. When I contacted customer service, they offered to replace them but NOT in a timely fashion. It has now been a year and all of the tables need replacing despite caring for them properly. I suggest you find a different vendor. Our mistake was extremely costly to our business.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2016

Purchased 40 bar stools and some lounge furniture for our bar in downtown Manhattan. Very happy with the quality and the price.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2016

Purchased some restaurant tables in a custom size and material and upholstered wooden chairs to match. Order was produced and delivered as promised and customer service was responsive and helpful throughout. Looking to have the booths replaced next and working on the design.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2016

Inverted bar piece-custom order - Thorough, timely, communicative, and ultimate problem solvers.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2016

Could not be happier with our selection from MLF! We ordered two bar tables and four stools -- they arrived on time and were packed well to protect contents. These perfectly match our booth frame and I will send the company a picture when it is all put together. Would recommend highly for value (pricing) and service.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2015

A company to avoid. OVER $17,000 in commercial (supposedly) grade furniture arrived damaged and of the poorest quality imaginable. Stitches hanging out of the design, modular pieces that when placed together... the edges did not meet evenly. Modular pieces that didn't meet up evenly. Several pieces had hole already in them on arrival.

They were unbelievably bad... like a high school tech class did a furniture project. Not likely any quality control standards are used. When the couches were delivered to us, we inspected them and discovered numerous defects. These defects include that, on each three-seat couch, the center seat cushion of each couch sits substantially higher than the outer two seat cushions (an inch or so higher). On each of the two-seat couches the stitching is in terrible condition (see photos). There are miscellaneous scruff marks on the couches (see photos).

Additionally, the couches have a chrome trim on the base, but the trim is not close to being even either within a couch or couch to couch (see photos). Because the couches are so defective and unusable, we did not even open the boxes with the armless chairs. When we complained (the day they delivered late)... they made no effort at all to correct the situation and hid behind their... NO REFUNDS OR RETURNS. Convenient for items ordered online.

Modern Line Furniture response

This order for custom furniture was hand crafted and manufactured as specified by customer's designer and was discussed in detail with the designer prior to placing the order. Upon receipt designer stated that one of the styles of furniture was too large for the space. Furthermore, customer sent email stating: "Would like to discuss the error the interior designer made on the order." WHILE WE SYMPATHIZE WITH CUSTOMER'S SITUATION, WE CANNOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ERROR MADE BY THEIR DESIGNER.

Original review: March 20, 2015

At the 16th of March 2015 I ordered 4 leather couch set with transport to Cape Coral Florida for $4.888. I paid it immediately with paypal. One day later I asked for the confirmed delivery dates, then they told me there was a problem with the roof in their warehouse, the coaches are broken, they could not deliver it and they will pay back the money to my PayPal account, what they do. But they only invent a story that they don't deliver the couches to that price because at the same day they raise/increase the price for 30%. Now the total would be $7099 and if you go online and ask the Online Help Assistant then MY couches could be sold again with a delivery date so that's CONTRACT CHEATING!!! I am a customer at Modern Line Furniture since 2008 and since that I ordered 8 of this leather set for over $10.000 and that they called customer satisfaction - BAD!!

Resolution response: March 11, 2015

The owner called me back and resolved the problem. I would like this review taken down now.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2015

We had ordered several thing from them, nothing last and they do nothing about it. We purchased 300 chairs from them for our restaurant. The buttons are all falling off. This happened right away. We ordered 100 other chairs w/ wooden legs. The right leg keeps breaking off. They did nothing. All their products look good online but they are of very poor quality. They claim they use real leather on their chairs. That is a joke. I would like to advise any restaurant or bar owner to not purchase anything from this company. They are scammers, never return phone calls and you always get a new person. Even employees do not stay there.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2014

I was looking for my room furniture and all of a sudden I got this modern furniture. Not only they helped me but they make sure I liked it online and gone through all dimension with each piece of furniture. They are great people. They called me for my email review and delivery dept. also called me after a day to confirm. I feel great to deal with this kind of persons.

Original review: July 28, 2014

I ordered a leather couch set for my nephew in NC and incl. shipping the bill comes to $2100. I received an email confirmation from them, confirming my purchase - dated 7/19/14. Today is 7/28/14 and that was it. I called because I neither got an email from them re-shipment nor when it will arrive, as is custom with other sellers. Their lame excuse was my nephew will get a call from the shipping company once they are in closer proximity to NC. Though I paid for it as a buyer I get totally ignored and can't follow this process orderly online. I had to call to find out that maybe it will be delivered in 7-8 business days after it supposedly got shipped 7/22/14. What sort of an outfit is this - I have totally lost faith in this purchase and hate to think when and in what condition the shipment will arrive. Beware of this outfit - their business practices are not the norm.

Modern Line Furniture Company Information