2.77/5
  • 1 star
Based on 13 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a good furniture store?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Modern Line Furniture

Launched in 1999, Modern Line Furniture is a leading designer and manufacturer of indoor and outdoor modern, modular, contemporary and custom made furniture at factory direct prices. Through its New Jersey manufacturing facility, the company designs and manufactures products and fulfills custom orders of any size, and offers fast nationwide shipping.

Learn more at www.modernlinefurniture.com

FIND OUT MORE FIND OUT MORE
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 20, 2017

16 Modern Line Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Feb. 20, 2017

We ordered tables for our cafe from Modern Line. After a nightmare delivery and poor customer service follow-up, we received the wrong color product. When I contacted customer service, they offered to replace them but NOT in a timely fashion. It has now been a year and all of the tables need replacing despite caring for them properly. I suggest you find a different vendor. Our mistake was extremely costly to our business.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2016

Purchased 40 bar stools and some lounge furniture for our bar in downtown Manhattan. Very happy with the quality and the price.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 4, 2016

Purchased some restaurant tables in a custom size and material and upholstered wooden chairs to match. Order was produced and delivered as promised and customer service was responsive and helpful throughout. Looking to have the booths replaced next and working on the design.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2016

Inverted bar piece-custom order - Thorough, timely, communicative, and ultimate problem solvers.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2016

Could not be happier with our selection from MLF! We ordered two bar tables and four stools -- they arrived on time and were packed well to protect contents. These perfectly match our booth frame and I will send the company a picture when it is all put together. Would recommend highly for value (pricing) and service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Modern Line Furniture?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2015

A company to avoid. OVER $17,000 in commercial (supposedly) grade furniture arrived damaged and of the poorest quality imaginable. Stitches hanging out of the design, modular pieces that when placed together... the edges did not meet evenly. Modular pieces that didn't meet up evenly. Several pieces had hole already in them on arrival.

They were unbelievably bad... like a high school tech class did a furniture project. Not likely any quality control standards are used. When the couches were delivered to us, we inspected them and discovered numerous defects. These defects include that, on each three-seat couch, the center seat cushion of each couch sits substantially higher than the outer two seat cushions (an inch or so higher). On each of the two-seat couches the stitching is in terrible condition (see photos). There are miscellaneous scruff marks on the couches (see photos).

Additionally, the couches have a chrome trim on the base, but the trim is not close to being even either within a couch or couch to couch (see photos). Because the couches are so defective and unusable, we did not even open the boxes with the armless chairs. When we complained (the day they delivered late)... they made no effort at all to correct the situation and hid behind their... NO REFUNDS OR RETURNS. Convenient for items ordered online.

Modern Line Furniture response

This order for custom furniture was hand crafted and manufactured as specified by customer's designer and was discussed in detail with the designer prior to placing the order. Upon receipt designer stated that one of the styles of furniture was too large for the space. Furthermore, customer sent email stating: "Would like to discuss the error the interior designer made on the order." WHILE WE SYMPATHIZE WITH CUSTOMER'S SITUATION, WE CANNOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ERROR MADE BY THEIR DESIGNER.

Original review: March 20, 2015

At the 16th of March 2015 I ordered 4 leather couch set with transport to Cape Coral Florida for $4.888. I paid it immediately with paypal. One day later I asked for the confirmed delivery dates, then they told me there was a problem with the roof in their warehouse, the coaches are broken, they could not deliver it and they will pay back the money to my PayPal account, what they do. But they only invent a story that they don't deliver the couches to that price because at the same day they raise/increase the price for 30%. Now the total would be $7099 and if you go online and ask the Online Help Assistant then MY couches could be sold again with a delivery date so that's CONTRACT CHEATING!!! I am a customer at Modern Line Furniture since 2008 and since that I ordered 8 of this leather set for over $10.000 and that they called customer satisfaction - BAD!!

Resolution response: March 11, 2015

The owner called me back and resolved the problem. I would like this review taken down now.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2015

We had ordered several thing from them, nothing last and they do nothing about it. We purchased 300 chairs from them for our restaurant. The buttons are all falling off. This happened right away. We ordered 100 other chairs w/ wooden legs. The right leg keeps breaking off. They did nothing. All their products look good online but they are of very poor quality. They claim they use real leather on their chairs. That is a joke. I would like to advise any restaurant or bar owner to not purchase anything from this company. They are scammers, never return phone calls and you always get a new person. Even employees do not stay there.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2014

I was looking for my room furniture and all of a sudden I got this modern furniture. Not only they helped me but they make sure I liked it online and gone through all dimension with each piece of furniture. They are great people. They called me for my email review and delivery dept. also called me after a day to confirm. I feel great to deal with this kind of persons.

Original review: July 28, 2014

I ordered a leather couch set for my nephew in NC and incl. shipping the bill comes to $2100. I received an email confirmation from them, confirming my purchase - dated 7/19/14. Today is 7/28/14 and that was it. I called because I neither got an email from them re-shipment nor when it will arrive, as is custom with other sellers. Their lame excuse was my nephew will get a call from the shipping company once they are in closer proximity to NC. Though I paid for it as a buyer I get totally ignored and can't follow this process orderly online. I had to call to find out that maybe it will be delivered in 7-8 business days after it supposedly got shipped 7/22/14. What sort of an outfit is this - I have totally lost faith in this purchase and hate to think when and in what condition the shipment will arrive. Beware of this outfit - their business practices are not the norm.

Original review: March 19, 2014

We ordered our couch from them in mid-February of 2014. We specifically requested that the couch be delivered on March 15th, a Saturday, which was our date of move-in to our condo. Soon after, we received a call telling us no Saturday deliveries could occur, so we made arrangements with our concierge to allow the couch be delivered in the week prior to our official move in, and then communicated to Modern Line that the couch could arrive in the week prior and we needed it no later than the 15th. I called Modern Line on March 4th to reiterate our needs. The gentleman said, “No problem. If we ship this Friday it will be there next week.” Ok I said, “Great.” I called again the following Tuesday (4 days before the move) to see if I could get a tracking number on the couch since we hadn't heard from them.

They told me then that the couch was just being shipped and it wouldn't arrive til the following week on Tuesday. I asked the manager to refund our shipping costs ($250) since they screwed up, which he only did after arguing with me. They told me the couch would arrive Tuesday and the freight company would call Monday to schedule delivery. Well fast forward to this Tuesday and I called ML because we hadn't heard from the shippers. They told me there was an issue and it was a day late. Now it's Wednesday and the shippers finally called me and gave me a Friday delivery date - and told me Modern Line actually shipped out 4 days later than what they told me. Further, the delivery guy won't bring the couch up to my unit unless Modern Line authorizes it (my complex won't allow anything but vendor delivery as it's a liability to THEM to let us do it or have their maintenance guys help).

The manager now insists that I must pay extra for said authorization and that he won't eat the $100 or so dollars for it since he already refunded my shipping. I find it ridiculous that after we paid $2500 to him for furniture and we given bad information FOUR times, that he is scoffing at $100. We may actually cancel with him entirely and have the freight company just take it back; however, that puts us in a really bad situation to have no living room for that long. Additionally, we will be charged to send it back. We are screwed either way. Bottom line: horrible, horrible customer service. I would not order again from here if I was paid to.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2013

I purchased an expensive couch and matching chaise lounge from Modern Line Furniture. Customer service was poor. Delivery took many weeks, and coordination between New Jersey and their local distributor in Florida was poor. The chaise lounge's Leather began to wear terribly after 1 1/2 years and to become wrinkled and loose in one of the panels. I contacted the company with photos and was told a one-year warranty on leather (which was not brought to my attention prior) was over. I was offered a small company credit and will not do business with them again. The furniture I purchased was poorly made, and to my knowledge, made outside the USA and the production and quality standards are simply not present. Customer service was equally non-existent. Be careful. I cannot honestly recommend doing business with this company for something as important as one's home furnishings.

Original review: June 29, 2012

We purchased benches from this company. They were not cheap, and my husband rented a van so we could go see them in person rather than order online. It cost a lot more to rent the van and take four hours to go out there. Needless to say, we got them home and they pretty much started falling apart within the first hour. We have had them for 4 days and just about every button has popped off.

When we called to rectify the situation, they said we had to bring them back to the store. We explained that we could wait for their truck which supposedly delivers weekly in Manhattan. We even offered to meet them near a delivery. We offered to send pictures and that we would store them for the next week or two till they have to make a trip any way. Nope! They said we had to drive them back out which is a bit of an inconvenience since their product was faulty. As the other claims have stated, they are plastic, not leather.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2009
Original review: Nov. 2, 2009
Original review: Nov. 1, 2009

Modern Line Furniture Company Information