2. Homeowners

Hampton Bay Patio Furniture

3.8/5 (194 ratings)

About Hampton Bay Patio Furniture

Hampton Bay Patio Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hampton Bay Patio Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hampton Bay?

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

We purchased the Hampton Bay Belleville line of outdoor furniture through Home Depot in July 2015. It was sold as a rust-resistant product using a powder-coated steel frame and we were assured that it would stand up to Miami weather-especially the humidity. We spent approximately $1000 for the dining set and 2 high-top balcony sets. We had issues almost immediately after the purchase with the joints displaying rust. Now, the foot of the dining table rusted completely off. Yup, it literally fell off.

I'm not sure about Hampton Bay and Home Depot's definition of rust-resistant, but when spending that amount of money I would expect a better product that does not need to be tossed out after 4 years. I recommend to anyone that if your "rest-resistant" product shows any signs of rust, IMMEDIATELY contact the seller and demand a return. We should have done that and now we're stuck with buying all new furniture 4 years out. BTW, I have purchased many sets of outdoor furniture and have NEVER had this issue before, which is why we assumed that we would be fine. That was the major mistake which I will not make again.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

I bought a complete 7 piece outdoor furniture set, and chairs after 10 months are deteriorating and falling apart. The wedding is garbage. Worst purchase I ever made. Hampton Bay will do nothing for you to replace or fix the products. Home Depot doesn't stand by it either. It's embarrassing when friends come over and I have crap like this in my Lanai.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

Sorry to see that so many people had such bad experiences with their Hampton Bay patio sets. Normally people who are satisfy/content are not quick to compliment and that is why I am writing this review. I received my patio set as a gift over 4 years ago. The first winter I stored the set indoor but became lazy and left the patio set outdoor since. My patio has a roof but is totally expose to the elements. There’s no rust and the set looks as if I just received it over 4 years ago.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

Spent $587 on a swing/daybed combination. After one summer of full use & 2 winters - the armrest portions rusted out. The top of each arm is crimped & hole punched for hanging - these holes allow water/snow to go into the tubing where it can freeze & thaw & caused the tubing to bulge & rust out & split at the seams.

There is only a one year warranty. For the money I spent I expected many years of use - not just one. I had to complain constantly to the supplier over several weeks to get any action. It was very frustrating & time consuming. Just to get rid of me they agreed to have 2 new arms shipped to me from China if I agreed to pay the shipping fee of $75. I did. Lesson learned. I will be more vigilant checking warranties & customer service next time & stay away from Hampton Bay.

Original review: July 15, 2019

Don't buy Hampton Bay patio dining set. Worst product I ever purchased. I purchased a Hampton Bay 7 piece dining set. It was not cheap and less than 2 years it totally rotted out. It was barely used and kept on a cement patio and covered when not being used. The table is rusted. All 6 chairs are rusted and rotted out. One of the legs of the chair actually fell off due to how bad it rotted.

Original review: June 11, 2019

OK so I decided to buy a patio set which is a 6 piece. Few months later I find that the table is all rusted along with the chair has rust on it. I call the store Lowe's in Miami, Florida and a Queen that they can't do nothing about it. This is ridiculous that they're along this company to sell patio furniture that doesn't even last a year. How do you set a not cheap so I honestly think that the company should do something with all these complaints as that of doing nothing. Along with I think Companies like Close and Home Depot should not have these items in their store to sell to customers when they're no good. It's ridiculous that 2 years later I have to buy a new patio set because mine is all rusted out Which let me advise you I don't even have it on the grass. I have it on cement so I don't understand what the problem is with this material.

Original review: June 9, 2019

Don't buy Hampton Bay. Bought a 7 piece patio dining set for a grand and tried to put it together this weekend. The manufacturing was so poor that we stopped after attempting 2 chairs. Several screw holes didn't line up and/or had such jagged edges that it was impossible to even get the screw started. On the one chair where we managed to brute force all the screws, most of them were less than half way screwed in before they stopped. After two chairs we packed everything back up and took it back to Home Depot the same day. We are looking for other furniture that comes assembled but we will not be looking at Home Depot. They have to know how terrible these products are yet do nothing.

Original review: May 29, 2019

Built by Hampton Bay loveseat and two swivel rockers from their Chesapeake collection this past Memorial Day weekend. While taking it out of the box two of the pieces had wicker that was broken, see pictures. The first day I put the cushions out the sun burnt a hole in one of the cushions and put burn marks on to other cushions, see picture. This is Chinese junk and Home Depot should be embarrassed to sell it. It's going back to the store the first chance I get and this stuff is a fire hazard. Home Depot said they'd never seen anything like that before when I showed him the cushion but apparently, there's many complaints about cushions burning from the heat of the Sun. Do not buy this garbage, save your money and get something else.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I purchased two Hampton Bay white resin wicker round table, dining room sets, one couch, one coffee table and two side tables. The furniture is outside, uncovered, year-round in Las Vegas, Nevada. Ten years later, the entire set looks brand new without a single issue with any piece. Truly, the best furniture I have ever purchased. I am now scouring the internet trying to find a Hampton Bay sofa set in white. FYI: All my neighbors have repurchased their outdoor furniture multiple times because their purchases could not withstand the desert heat.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I am adding my voice to the thousands (unfortunately did not ck prior to purchase) of others who have had the webbing on the chairs disintegrate almost in front of their eyes. My 4 chairs and 2 side tables have never been outside and never exposed to weather - sit in my sunroom with very little use. In approx. 1-1/2 years the seats and backs are falling off onto the floor. Now completely unusable - large holes in the seats & backs.

The company I really blame and who should be held responsible is Home Depot - a large firm which should not be engaging in consumer rip offs of this type and stand behind what products they sell. Stop passing the buck to a Chinese company 1/2 a world away that could care less as long as Home Depot continues to support them with purchases. Home Depot has overwhelming evidence of this rip-off. Step up to the plate!

Hampton Bay Patio Furniture Company Information