Hampton Bay Patio Furniture
1.36/5
Based on 115 reviews that contain star ratings

Looking for a good furniture store?

Hampton Bay Patio Furniture

500 Hampton Bay Patio Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 3, 2015

I purchased the 7 pc set at the beginning of summer (we are located in Ohio, purchased June) this set seemed to be the most bang for your buck. According to the manufacturer, the seat cushions are waterproof (makes sense, they will be used outdoors). After 3 months, we started to notice that when we would sit on the chairs that the cushions were actually soaking wet. The top would be dry, but the minute you would sit down, your entire rear end would be soaked. This is not good. I didn't expect this set to be top of the line, but it would have been nice if it would have lasted 3/4 yrs. I opened up the cushions to find white powder everywhere (that's where that was coming from, it was on the surface of all the furniture) the waterproof fabric lining totally broke down. I am going to have to find a creative way to reline these so I can get my money's worth out of this set :(

Original review: Sept. 24, 2015

I purchased the fan 3 years ago and there has been an issue with the remote after 90 days. Then we changed batteries - got it to work until now, seems as though now it will not work at all. We got in contact with a Mrs Djuan ** who seemed eager to help at first. We provided her with the pictures she requested then she stated the fan could be a third party so she connected me with the third party name Mike who provided me with a false email address and a website where I can locate the remote. The remote and fan clearly say Hampton Bay on them. The experience we had with Hampton Bay was horrible! I checked their reviews and seems we are not the only customers who have encountered the same treatment. So after three days we're still in the same position - wasted time and fan still not working .

Original review: Sept. 1, 2015

My wife was sitting in the swivel chair, and the welds broke and she fell on the floor. When the seat part came loose from the base, the welds are on a 1/8 of an inch rod, and that is not enough. They should have been bolted together instead of the welds. My is sore and bruised and had to get the fire department to help her up, because she was not strong enough to get up by herself. The furniture is very nice and looks good and we have enjoyed using it for the past 5 years.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2015

In December 2014 we bought four Hampton Bay sun loungers for our home in Naples, Florida and we only just relocated there at the end of June 2015. Already one of the cushions is parting at the seams on both sides. When contacting HD was told that without the receipt they could not verify the warranty and they put the onus on me to find the receipt and if I was unable to do so I would have to pay to have it replaced or repaired when this is definitely a manufacturing fault. Very disappointed with this attitude and will certainly not buy anything from this store again.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2015

I purchased a 7 piece Hampton Bay patio set from Home Depot late last summer in August 2014. I have kept the chairs and cushions inside from then until now, due to the season changing. I was entertaining outside on the last weekend in this July 2015, so I set up my table set. I noticed that a few cushions developed what appeared to be burn circles on them. I thought that was odd for this to happen. No one smokes in my house and I was beginning to think it could have been vandalism. Another day went by in 85 deg temp and I noticed more burn circles and the older circles burned down to the white stuffing. I found this site while I was researching the quality of the fabric on this furniture set. It has been a year since purchase and I am very disappointed to have a furniture set that cannot be exposed to the sun. There are a total of 4 cushions that have been damaged from sun exposure from only a week of being used!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hampton Bay?

Original review: July 30, 2015

I bought a Hampton Bay table for about $400. You get what you paid for. It was cheap. A screw fell out and the glass top broke before our first BBQ. I have been going in circles trying every which way to get another type of top for the table frame because I really don't want to throw it out. We haven't used it. Home Depot said for $220 they can send me another glass top which is exactly what I don't want. I called manufacturer Zhejiang Aluminum 877-931-7378 but they said they couldn't help me at all. So now I have no patio table, an empty wobbly table frame and out $400. Thanks Home Depot/Hampton Bay.

Original review: July 28, 2015

I was sitting in the swivel chair and it broke at the base - with me in it!! Bruises and scratches! About 4 years old - stored inside in the winter.

Original review: July 16, 2015

I purchased the Hampton Bay Raynham 7-Piece Patio Dining Set a little over one year ago from Home Depot. Under no adverse weather conditions, with nothing sitting on top of it and no damage to it, the glass table top exploded. It shot glass off in all directions upwards to 12 feet away. The glass was all over the table, chairs, deck, patio, in our rocks, landscaping, and grass. It took hours to clean it all up and there's no way we got all of it that's in the grass and rocks.

I called Home Depot about it who stated that the glass isn't covered under the warranty plus they don't make that model anymore so they can't help me with anything. They then suggested I contact a local glass company who could probably help me fix it. Warranty and replacement aside, they didn't seem too concerned about having a glass product out there that EXPLODES and projectiles under no certain conditions. Their line of questioning included whether it was windy or something was sitting on top of it - curious why that should be of issue as it's a TABLE meant to go OUTSIDE. I have two toddlers in my house and am very thankful they (or anyone else) were not sitting at the table when this happened.

Original review: July 3, 2015

I cannot believe something as simple as lining up the bolt holes connecting 2 pieces of a patio chair can be so difficult for the manufacturer. They cross thread, the bolts are too short, they strip and pop out of the threads. You suck!

Original review: July 2, 2015

My husband and I bought this at Home Depot less than 2 years ago and it is unusable now. From reading the other reviews it sounds as if Home Depot will not do anything about it. We will never purchase any Hampton Bay things again! I wish we had seen the reviews before but it looks like we purchased at around the same time.

Original review: June 29, 2015

I purchased a patio set less than 2 years ago and the table is all chipped and cracked. Can't sit without another piece cracking under your plates. Horrible!! Of course I don't have my receipt 18 months later which is a shame.

Original review: June 16, 2015

The pictures speak for themselves. We've owned this Hampton Bay Fall River 7 piece set for 2 years. When we complained to Home Depot they told us, "Sorry, there is a 1 year manufacturers warranty." Almost $600 thrown away on this junk. The metal pieces flaking off are dangerous and can cut. It is also happening to the chairs. I will have to throw it away. Avoid Hampton Bay furniture!

Original review: June 10, 2015

We also purchased a Hampton Bay Salem 7 piece patio set. After three years the table is not usable. It first started with chipping and cracking on the side. Now it is chipping and cracking on the top. I contacted Home Depot who informed me of the one year warranty. They put me in touch with Hampton Bay. They again stated that the warranty had expired. The rep from Hampton Bay pointed out the somewhere in the documentation stated that the PATIO furniture was not supposed to be outside in weather??? It's patio furniture!!! By definition PATIO means outside.

Whoever heard of taking patio furniture out of the rain and sun? We took due diligence to stow and cover during winter months. This product was defective from the start. After paying $1000.00 for this set less than 3 years ago. Hampton wants to offer $100 toward a new table. This is not fair and not enough compensation. The chairs are showing signs of degradation. Don't know how long they will last. Now we must find another patio set after 3 years. Really disappointed in Home Depot.

Original review: June 8, 2015

3 piece patio set Model t03f2voq0114r - Had this set for three years on my covered patio in Hawaii. Today, I go to sit on one of the chairs and I drop to the ground. I saw two of the three main supports that keep this chair upright torn completely through and the third one half way. No rusting to explain this. Just poor quality metal tubing I think. Chair does have a 300 lb. limit warning but I am 205 lbs. These chairs are rarely used. At 70 years old, I do not need to be falling out of a chair onto a cement floor. Hard to contact anyone from Hampton Bay. Looks well-made but take it from the guy with a sore bottom it is dangerous and should be recalled not sold.

Original review: June 7, 2015

Bought a patio set with all rockers for chairs like 5 years ago and every one has broke. Paid good money for the set. Can't believe you make a product like this, that the chairs collapse like this. I think it should be a recall on these chairs.

Original review: June 6, 2015

While setting in my swivel rocker with a hot cup of coffee, the chair broke and I fell backwards. Hot coffee all over me, bent glasses and a bruised back. After examining the chair, I found the welds broke loose. So I inspected the three remaining chairs and found cracks at the welds. Now I am minus one chair, and concerned about the other cracked chairs.

Original review: May 2, 2015

I purchased on-line two Hampton Bay Eastham chaise lounges. They arrived with no assembly parts and no manual. I purchased them through Home Depot. They said there are no parts available, and that I could ship the chairs back. I assembled the chairs using self-tapping screws. Considering that Hampton Bay has very poor quality control, and no support for their products, I would recommend avoiding anything from Hampton Bay, and check the box for parts if you purchase anything made by Hampton Bay at Home Depot.

Original review: May 1, 2015

I do love my outdoor Hampton Bay patio furniture. We have it in an enclosed area and the chemical smell was so bad - I had to remove it... I wondered if anyone else had that problem. It stirred my allergies up so bad...

Original review: April 17, 2015

We purchased the Hampton Bay Salem high top 7 piece outdoor dining set 3 years ago at Home Depot. Though it came with a standard 1 year warranty, it took 3 years for it to peel beyond the point that we can use it. First, the 2 inch sides started to crack then the table top started to peel. Now it is buckled and turned to rubble. We are left with a table that is useless and 6 chairs for which we cannot find a table that can accommodate their height after only 3 years. We went back to Home Depot and they were kind enough to contact Hampton Bay; however, the table is discontinued and we are being forced to purchase another set. Both companies offered us a small amount for our troubles, but what we really want is the table!

Original review: April 11, 2015

We had our Hampton Bay outdoor table with glass top and four swivel chairs and umbrella with solar lights. The solar lights never worked, and 3-4 months after buying the furniture, the glass table top shattered into thousands of tiny pieces. I can see that this has happened to many other people and now I won't bother looking further for replacement glass, but I would like to note that this happened within the first season of owning the furniture. I'm grateful to the other reviews because now I will keep an eye on the chair bases as well.

Original review: March 27, 2015

I bought what I thought was a beautiful set from Home Depot. After a few months the tiles started to crack. Excited for the start of spring, uncovered the table and it's complete shambles. Cracked and chipped all around. It's so bad, whatever material was used to make the table has stained my deck.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2015

Last fall a wind storm caught one three umbrellas I own (purchased from Home Depot) and broke the pivot joint above the umbrella top. Home Depot advised me they don't handle parts and referred me to Hampton Bay for parts. The only parts that can be found that are replaceable is the entire canopy top for $99 By another company called Garden Winds. The part is back ordered until Nov 2015... They said get in line. This is a joke... spent $900 on three of these and can't buy replacement parts. Here's the deal... never will I purchase patio furniture from Home Depot again or specifically Hampton Bay products. I would recommend to anyone purchasing these type of products to stay away from anyone selling these products that does not provide parts and service or kiss your money goodbye. Even with excellent care, these type of products have only a three year lifespan. With available replacement parts you could figure double that or more.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2014

Derry 32 in. Compact Infrared Electric Fireplace in White DERRY - This arrived on Thursday. My son stopped by to put the wheels on. It was beautiful. It was raining and damp and I turned it on. So pretty. It wasn't long before my home filled w/ noxious fumes. The book said this would happen and burn off in a short amount of time. The next day when I turned it on, it was the same noxious smells. And it continued. Today I took it outside and opened the windows, turned on the fans and cleared the house of fumes. A few hours later I brought it inside and plugged it in. Again, the smells and now my eyes are swelling and burning and itching. My lungs feel bad and I can't cough. Unplugged and out on the deck.

I sat down to write to Home Depot and had the instruction booklet beside me and I could hardly believe it but it smelled just like the fireplace that I'd sent outside. When it was in the house, I realize now, it smelled toxic even when turned off. Tomorrow I will visit Home Depot. I'm sorry it's going back, it looked great in my living room. My asthma is now out of control. I'm not happy.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2014

Ordered the Fall River Patio Table back in Jun for our new home. Was on back order. Received 1st table the middle of Aug. Damaged & missing a leg. Ordered another one. 2nd table, damaged worse than 1st. Ordered 3rd table, damaged again. In all 3 instances, none of the tables came with any packing material inside the box to protect it during shipping. Such a beautiful table and we are so disappointed! We still want the table - only not damaged!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2014

I purchased the Salem 7 piece outdoor furniture in 2012. The tile table top started to crack 5 days after warranty was up. They wouldn't do anything for me. The top has basically began to crumbled. This complaint is all over the internet. They have to know it's a manufacturer's defect. If they were reputable they would stand behind their products.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2014

Bought a Hampton Bay Flower Model 52" Ceiling Fan with a light and remote... I installed it as instructed by the directions. When it came time to turn it on, the light would work, but all the motor would do is hum and the blades on the fan would not turn. I tried all the speeds. On one, the remote would turn on and then turn off. Same thing for speed number two, on and then off. And then on speed three all the motor would do is hum, but the blades failed to turn. I paid $120 to Home Depot for this piece of Chinese junk and I'm taking it back with my receipt and getting my money back.

I'm going to try a Hunter fan next and see what kind of Chinese junk that is. What frosts my ** is I spent all that time wiring the junction box to hang the fan, all that time assembling it, and installing it, and I even tested it before putting on the fan blades, and it worked! Then after putting on the fan blades all it does now is hum, turns off, and the blades will not turn. What a piece of Chinese crap! Hampton Bay can stick this fan where the sun doesn't shine.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2014

I tried to put an umbrella through the hole of my glass tabletop and just nicked the side of the hole and the top shattered.

Original review: July 8, 2014

We bought a Hampton bay patio set 2 years ago and the bolts kept coming loose on the high chairs. Also the tabletop on all four sides is crack. We paid over a $1,000.00 dollars for this set. We do not know who to call and see if there is something that can be done. If anyone knows what to do, please let us know. Thank you.

Original review: June 28, 2014

After very little use of my umbrella, the crank mechanism started to be difficult to raise and lower the umbrella. As soon as I put pressure on it, the unit would start jumping and not crank properly. I took upon myself to take the unit apart so I could get the parts necessary to repair it on my own. When I got in touch with the people at Home Depot I was told not replacement parts are sold separately. I was given the parts dept. number if I wished to order the whole canopy unit in order to get a new crank assembly. I feel this is totally wrong to make the customer purchase the whole item at $129.00 plus shipping and tax for a crank assembly that probably costs them about $5.00. Another person said it would cost $350 because the crank, pole and umbrella are one unit.

If customers are willing to repair a unit instead of replacing the whole unit or a new umbrella the company should make the parts readily available. I had faith in purchasing your product but evidently your company has no regard for the people who purchased your products. I will make sure that anyone I know or see know your stance on your products and how you treat your customers. I guess that's how large companies become large companies! After the sale forget the customer and move on the next. I am going to shop at Lowe's.

Original review: June 24, 2014

We purchased this dining set from Home Depot in the early summer of 2012. Upon delivery to our home, the tabletop was cracked and chipped in multiple areas. We assumed it wasn't handled properly in the mail. After a few attempts to reach customer service, we did in fact have another tabletop delivered to our home. Again, there was damage to edges; less, but still apparent.

After the grueling process of having the original replaced, we opted to just deal; reluctantly. Spending $1,000 plus on a set, for summer, we were eager to use it. Slowly but surely, the top continued to crack, peel, splits at the edges. Proving only that the "damage" to the table top wasn’t "damage" at all from shipping. It’s simply because of poor construction and the materials used that are just not durable enough to withstand the elements - direct sunlight, moisture, etc., all factors that should be necessary when buying "quality outdoor" furniture.

At the end of each summer, it has been stored for the winter months and cared for as best as possible to avoid further deterioration. This summer, 2014, it has gotten to the point where you can no longer “overlook” the defects. After doing some recent research, warranty information states the tabletop is only covered for 1 year. And it’s quite difficult to reach customer service, as I stated before. I'm frustrated to say the least. For something that cost what it did, it should have provided us with years of enjoyment. This set has been discontinued, but I wouldn't recommend buying any Hampton Bay patio furniture. I will never again.

Hampton Bay Patio Furniture Company Information