About Brass & Burl
This profile has not been claimed by the company. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
Brass & Burl is dedicated to bringing our clients curated home furnishings and decor from the most respected names in furniture and design.
Overall Satisfaction Rating
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 stars
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 3,302,366 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
I ordered a Bella Notte king pillowcase from Brass & Burl. The pillowcase was $170. I waited months for the product to arrive, which was longer than expected given Covid delay. They sent me the wrong item. I contacted Brass & Burl and they reached out to Bella Notte. Shortly afterwards I received a king pillow case but it was not the correct color. I contacted Brass & Burl again and sent a photo of the yellow pillowcase I received next to another Bella Notte pillowcase in Pearl (in the light pink shade I was expecting). What arrived was nothing like the light pink pearl color I was expecting, so the product does not match at all with a Bella Notte throw pillow I have in Pearl or any of my bedding in a similar shell pink color.
Instead of exchanging the item or offering a refund, I was told my only option was to order another pillowcase and a matching color and two additional pillowcases in a lace fabric in Pearl to go over those pillowcases. Their solution was for me to spend considerably more money to compensate for their poor quality control. I told Brass & Burl I was extremely disappointed. In short, they responded that there was nothing they could do about and the item could not be returned. They seemed happy to take my money but when there was an issue they washed their hands of it.
Lily was trying to match a pillowcase to a discontinued collection and purchased a pillowcase from a different collection, thinking it would match but it did not. The manufacturer hand dyes all of their materials so the colors look very different depending on the fabric that is used. The two items in the photo are from two different collections so the colors would never match. We sent the customer exactly what she ordered.
We placed an order with Brass and Burl for two art pieces from a company that they distributed. That company (which is no longer offered on the website) delayed the delivery by over six months, but the team at Brass and Burl did everything in their power to accelerate the process, keeping us informed along the way and doing their utmost to ensure we received our order. They definitely went above and beyond and we are so grateful. Would 100% reorder from them anytime. Could not recommend more highly.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
Emily from Brass & Burl sourced us the most awesome chairs ever. There was some delay with production (as tends to happen with such things) and Emily, unasked, got us a nice % back for the trouble. Oh, and I should say, purchasing from Emily saved us a *significant* portion over the same chairs from, e.g., One Kings Lane. I would definitely recommend Brass & Burl to any other furniture shoppers and Brass & Burl is now my first stop for any furniture search.
I purchased 2 blue and white jars, one was a temple jar and the other was a ginger jar with a bronze lid. They were packed so well and absolutely gorgeous. The quality was amazing. You get what you pay for.
I ordered a bedroom dresser from Brass & Burl and after a short time the top drawer closing mechanism started to malfunction. They were very responsive from the start and the first person who contacted me stayed with the case throughout. Initially they were going to send a repair person to look at the dresser but then decided to send me a completely new one. Excellent customer service!
I recently moved into a new apartment and needed new lamps. I was looking for something in the sea blue family. I found some gorgeous lamps on Brass & Burl's website and, with the help of Emily's guidance in terms of colors/style, selected a variety of unique and beautiful blue/green lamps for my living/dining area (4 in total). I am so happy with these lamps! They have transformed the room by adding a nice pop of color and sophistication to the space. I regularly get compliments on them from friends and family. I am very happy with the quality of the items and with the customer service I received. Emily was excellent! I will definitely think of Brass & Burl for future purchases.
The piece of furniture I ordered arrived with a manufacture's defect. Brass & Burl's website states they will repair any minor manufacture's defect. The third party company Brass & Burl sent the piece of furniture to for the repair damaged it to the point it could not be repaired. Brass & Burl (Adam and Emily) refuse to replace the piece of furniture on the statement they used a restoration company recommended by the furniture manufacturer. I emailed the manufacturer and replied stating they DO NOT give out recommendations of furniture repair/restorations companies. I have turned the matter over to my credit card company. All communications with involved parties involved was done via email. Lesson learned; better to pay a little more and have returns accepted by proprietor.
Melissa is an unstable woman with a history of lashing out when she does not get her way. See this comment she left regarding a company on google: Haverford Hardwood Floors (Havertown, PA).
Melissa received an item, but contacted us later on with a damage complaint. This is against our policy because of consumer fraud, but we helped her anyway. The damage was repaired by a local firm to 100%. NOTE: The repairman also refused to go back to Melissa's house because of her abusive nature!
Love the coffee table that I received from Brass and Burl. I was struggling to decide between three and Emily, one of the owners, was so helpful in guiding me in the right direction. I provided my room dimensions and a few pictures of the furniture I already owned and she gave her advice. I am so happy with the one we chose, it pulls my entire living room together. The quality is better than anything I've owned before. I'm sure it'll be a piece that my family and I treasure for a long time.
I have quite a few pieces from Brass & Burl and could not be happier. The quality of the items is very high and the ordering process was super easy. I worked with Emily on ordering a custom coffee table that would fit the limited space in our apartment, based on one they had on the site. She was so accommodating and helpful! The website is also very easy to navigate.
I can only say good things about this online retailer - placed the order - it came in fast - as expected - the site has many nice functionalities to search by price or type of furniture. Overall very professional and prices are reasonable for high quality stuff. I would use them again. I bought 2 lamps there and a big armoire.
Brass & Burl author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team
New York-based luxury furniture retailer specializing in a curated mix of antique and modern styles of home décor and furniture.
Selection: Find furnishings for bedrooms, living rooms, dining rooms and offices, plus outdoor furniture. The company also sells decorative accessories, such as wall art, mirrors, rugs and vases.
Shipping: Free shipping within the continental United States.
Delivery: White glove delivery service is included on large furniture items.
Returns: All sales are final. In some cases, items can be returned for a 20% restocking fee.
Brass & Burl questions and answers
- What problem is Brass and Burl trying to solve?
- Brass and Burl seeks to provide curated fine furniture online through clear and descriptive advertising, the lowest possible prices and excellent customer service.
- What sets Brass and Burl apart from the competition?
- Unlike most online furniture retailers, Brass and Burl does not create false discounting or the allusion of massive sales. Brass and Burl sells high end and fine furniture at the minimum allowable prices set by the manufacturer. Shipping is always free on every item.
- What needs does your product or service fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
- High end and custom furniture is often only available through a designer. Brass and Burl makes thousands of items available to the normal shopper everyday.
- How does Brass and Burl measure success?
- Brass and Burl measures success by customer satisfaction. We want every single customer to be 100% satisfied with their purchase. At Brass and Burl the customer is always number one. We are purveyors of high end curated home furnishings online, and superb customer service is paramount.
- What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
- Most customers have misconceptions about pricing, given that most online retailers use pricing gimmicks to create a false illusion of huge price discounting. In reality, there is only one price, and that is the price the customer is willing to pay. At Brass and Burl, we believe in transparent pricing on every item.
- How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
- Online furniture sales growth increases at nearly 10% per annum. As traditional retail models are changing, maintaining vendor relationships and establishing new ones is paramount.
- What is something you wish every consumer knew about Brass and Burl?
- Brass and Burl views quality and price as closely related. We believe in relative value and would never sell an item that we believed to be mis-priced. Our customers' satisfaction is extremely important to us.
- How has your company grown or evolved?
- Organically. We are 100% family owned and do not have outside investors.
Brass & Burl Company Information
- Company Name:
- Brass & Burl
- Company Type:
- Year Founded:
- 404 Montauk Hwy
- East Hampton
- Postal Code:
- United States
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.