Looking for a good furniture store?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Brass & Burl

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 15, 2017

4 Brass & Burl Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

So happy with the Rutherford headboard I ordered through Brass & Burl. I'd been looking for something for months and finally found it for the best price on Brass & Burl. One of the owners, Emily, actually helped me pick the right color for the room when I was struggling between two options. Couldn't have asked for a better experience and will definitely be purchasing more in the future!

Original review: May 10, 2017

We recently purchased 2 beautiful lamps from Brass & Burl. After searching in other stores and websites they had the best inventory with the most competitive prices. The website was very user friendly and customer service was impeccable. We are very happy with our purchase and would highly recommend them to anyone looking for valuable pieces for their home.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: June 27, 2016

Really loved the website - you are able to filter by just about any combination of attributes you can think of in almost any order which really helped me to narrow down what I wanted with just having an idea of the look I was going for. The selection is HUGE and they are the best prices on the internet every time. Co-Owner Adam helped me to pick the right size rug for my space and was very helpful in explaining what the different materials would mean for cleaning and longevity. Also, definitely check out their desks, some very unique and cool items that I will be sure to be back for as soon as my bosses give me a raise. Overall, I was extremely happy with the experience and quality and will be sure to be back for my next home needs. The rug really has tied the room together I must say.

Original review: March 2, 2016

Great find & incredible service! I found Brass & Burl while searching for kitchen chairs. Co-owner Emily was so helpful answering questions I had and clearly knowledgeable about all products on the site. I felt confident with my purchase and could not be happier with the quality and look. The site is so beautifully curated, I have since spent so much time scrolling through the website and their Instagram finding inspiration for future projects.

Brass & Burl expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded by husband-and-wife team, Emily and Adam Young, Brass & Burl is a New York-based retailer specializing in a curated mix of antique and modern home décor and furniture, including bedroom, living room, dining room, office and outdoor furniture. The company also sells decorative accessories, such as wall art, mirrors, rugs and vases, from some of the world's largest and best known brands. Brass & Burl sells its products through its showroom and online store, and offers free shipping to customers throughout the United States and Canada.

• Leading brands: The retailer specializes in selling products from new and established design houses, including Moss Studio, Theodore Alexander, Uttermost, Zentique, David Francis, Currey & Company and Loloi.
    • Range of styles: Brass & Burl's collection features luxury pieces in styles from Victorian to modern.
    • Design services: The company provides ad-hoc design services through its in-house team and network of interior designers and decorators.
    • Trade program: Brass & Burl runs a trade program tailored to the needs of industry professionals and firms.
    • Free shipping: The retailer offers free shipping on all of its pieces, and ships daily from its warehouse in Hackensack, New Jersey.
    • Best for: Interior designers, luxury buyers and those looking for professionally selected décor for their homes.
    Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
    ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Brass & Burl questions and answers

What problem is Brass and Burl trying to solve?
    Brass and Burl seeks to provide curated fine furniture online through clear and descriptive advertising, the lowest possible prices and excellent customer service.
    What sets Brass and Burl apart from the competition?
    Unlike most online furniture retailers, Brass and Burl does not create false discounting or the allusion of massive sales. Brass and Burl sells high end and fine furniture at the minimum allowable prices set by the manufacturer. Shipping is always free on every item.
    What needs does your product or service fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
    High end and custom furniture is often only available through a designer. Brass and Burl makes thousands of items available to the normal shopper everyday.
    How does Brass and Burl measure success?
    Brass and Burl measures success by customer satisfaction. We want every single customer to be 100% satisfied with their purchase. At Brass and Burl the customer is always number one. We are purveyors of high end curated home furnishings online, and superb customer service is paramount.
    What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
    Most customers have misconceptions about pricing, given that most online retailers use pricing gimmicks to create a false illusion of huge price discounting. In reality, there is only one price, and that is the price the customer is willing to pay. At Brass and Burl, we believe in transparent pricing on every item.
    How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
    Online furniture sales growth increases at nearly 10% per annum. As traditional retail models are changing, maintaining vendor relationships and establishing new ones is paramount.
    What is something you wish every consumer knew about Brass and Burl?
    Brass and Burl views quality and price as closely related. We believe in relative value and would never sell an item that we believed to be mis-priced. Our customers' satisfaction is extremely important to us.
    How has your company grown or evolved?
    Organically. We are 100% family owned and do not have outside investors.

Brass & Burl Company Information