4.67/5
Based on 12 reviews that contain star ratings

Looking for a good furniture store?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

12 Brass & Burl Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 22, 2018

Would love write how much I love B&B's furniture, but I never got past the lack of customer service. On 2 July I spoke to a gentlemen about a list of questions that are not covered on the website (to include an error). In order to answer my questions about quality and construction, he said he had to contact the manufacturer, but in the meantime he would be able to send me three material swatches. Forward to approximately 10 July: no information and no swatches. I initiated follow-up correspondence asking if these requests had fallen through the cracks (stuff happens, I get it) and was told by a woman due to the 4th of July holiday, communications were delayed and she would investigate, get the answers to my questions and ensure swatches were sent.

I also reminded her of the website error that had yet to be corrected. Now 12 days on from that second correspondence and still nothing. No follow up by B&B even to say "Hey, we haven't forgotten you," no concrete answers about construction or warranty (during the original conversation it was more of "take my word for it"), and perhaps the most simple of all tasks...no swatches. Have money in my pocket and a desire for quality furniture from a company who gives a damn throughout the entire process. Brass & Burl is not that company.

Brass & Burl response

We apologize for the lack of swatch availability. This manufacturer has stopped producing in the U.S. and we believed they would still be able to continue operation through the summer. We informed the customer.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I'm so pleased to have discovered this terrific online home furnishings store! The selection is vast, the quality of their products is very high and all of that is topped off with competitive prices! We ordered an area rug and a brass topped cocktail table to update our living room; both truly exceeded our expectations. There was a little hiccup around the shipment of the table and Emily very quickly got it sorted out. For someone like who conducts about 95% of all my consumer buying online, Brass & Burl is a true find.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: May 23, 2018

I have nothing but good things to say about Brass & Burl and will certainly be coming back as I continue to furnish my apartment. From the onset, Emily worked with me and my boyfriend to find exactly what we were looking for and what best suited our space and existing furniture. We looked at several other furniture sites and didn't find anything that rivaled the quality or selection here. Our favorite piece is the Akron Counter Stools (we purchased in Storm Leather) - we get compliments every time we have guests over! We also couldn't believe that free shipping is offered at all times - so nice not to have to time purchases with promotion emails, etc.

Original review: May 9, 2018

So pleased with the service and quality merchandise available through Brass and Burl! Emily and Adam were accommodating of a need for expedited shipping and provided assurances that any delivery and or damage issues incurred would be resolved, giving me the confidence to order online. Theodore Alexander entry bench arrived safely and in excellent condition.

Original review: May 6, 2018

I was looking for an umbrella for my deck, and I am thrilled to land on the Brass and Burl website. I was searching for a high quality product that wouldn’t break easily and would look great with my furniture. I was able to speak with Emily, who helped me customize my umbrella. It arrived on time with a professional delivery service. The umbrella was exactly as expected, looks magnificent and is extremely high quality. I would (and have) recommend Brass and Burl to anyone looking for high-quality furnishings.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brass & Burl?

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I purchased this etagere to match Theodore Alexander living room end tables and etagere that I had purchased 10 years ago. This furniture is excellent and maintains great appearance for many years. It was great to find a store near NYC that sells this brand. Good experience purchasing and with the delivery.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

Emily and Adam at Brass & Burl are the best! I found them as dealers for Uttermost, and quickly felt that Emily was very knowledgeable about the wide market of leather seating. Their dedication to representing quality furniture gave me the confidence to purchase two chairs. They were very quickly delivered in perfect shape, and I love them! Emily and Adam are super friendly and make it more than apparent that they care about your selection and satisfaction. I will absolutely work with them again.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

We had been searching high and low for large, high quality "poufs" for our living room. It seemed every site we came across only offered smaller poufs, or if we did find large ones they were not good quality. Needless to say we were thrilled to find Brass & Burl carrying exactly what we were looking for! Their website was extremely easy to navigate and the high res images of the poufs ensured we were getting what we wanted. One of the co-owners, Adam, was even kind enough to answer a few questions we had over the phone. Excellent customer service! We purchased two poufs from the Oak Cove collection and they have been great. Even our puppy, Beil Reg, is enjoying them for his afternoon nap.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

So happy with the Rutherford headboard I ordered through Brass & Burl. I'd been looking for something for months and finally found it for the best price on Brass & Burl. One of the owners, Emily, actually helped me pick the right color for the room when I was struggling between two options. Couldn't have asked for a better experience and will definitely be purchasing more in the future!

Original review: May 10, 2017

We recently purchased 2 beautiful lamps from Brass & Burl. After searching in other stores and websites they had the best inventory with the most competitive prices. The website was very user friendly and customer service was impeccable. We are very happy with our purchase and would highly recommend them to anyone looking for valuable pieces for their home.

Original review: June 27, 2016

Really loved the website - you are able to filter by just about any combination of attributes you can think of in almost any order which really helped me to narrow down what I wanted with just having an idea of the look I was going for. The selection is HUGE and they are the best prices on the internet every time. Co-Owner Adam helped me to pick the right size rug for my space and was very helpful in explaining what the different materials would mean for cleaning and longevity. Also, definitely check out their desks, some very unique and cool items that I will be sure to be back for as soon as my bosses give me a raise. Overall, I was extremely happy with the experience and quality and will be sure to be back for my next home needs. The rug really has tied the room together I must say.

Original review: March 2, 2016

Great find & incredible service! I found Brass & Burl while searching for kitchen chairs. Co-owner Emily was so helpful answering questions I had and clearly knowledgeable about all products on the site. I felt confident with my purchase and could not be happier with the quality and look. The site is so beautifully curated, I have since spent so much time scrolling through the website and their Instagram finding inspiration for future projects.

Brass & Burl expert review by ConsumerAffairs

New York-based luxury furniture retailer specializing in a curated mix of antique and modern styles of home décor and furniture.

• Selection: Find furnishings for bedrooms, living rooms, dining rooms and offices, plus outdoor furniture. The company also sells decorative accessories, such as wall art, mirrors, rugs and vases.

• Shipping: Free shipping within the continental United States.

• Delivery: White glove delivery service is included on large furniture items.

• Returns: All sales are final. In some cases, items can be returned for a 20% restocking fee.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
    ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Brass & Burl questions and answers

What problem is Brass and Burl trying to solve?
    Brass and Burl seeks to provide curated fine furniture online through clear and descriptive advertising, the lowest possible prices and excellent customer service.
    What sets Brass and Burl apart from the competition?
    Unlike most online furniture retailers, Brass and Burl does not create false discounting or the allusion of massive sales. Brass and Burl sells high end and fine furniture at the minimum allowable prices set by the manufacturer. Shipping is always free on every item.
    What needs does your product or service fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
    High end and custom furniture is often only available through a designer. Brass and Burl makes thousands of items available to the normal shopper everyday.
    How does Brass and Burl measure success?
    Brass and Burl measures success by customer satisfaction. We want every single customer to be 100% satisfied with their purchase. At Brass and Burl the customer is always number one. We are purveyors of high end curated home furnishings online, and superb customer service is paramount.
    What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
    Most customers have misconceptions about pricing, given that most online retailers use pricing gimmicks to create a false illusion of huge price discounting. In reality, there is only one price, and that is the price the customer is willing to pay. At Brass and Burl, we believe in transparent pricing on every item.
    How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
    Online furniture sales growth increases at nearly 10% per annum. As traditional retail models are changing, maintaining vendor relationships and establishing new ones is paramount.
    What is something you wish every consumer knew about Brass and Burl?
    Brass and Burl views quality and price as closely related. We believe in relative value and would never sell an item that we believed to be mis-priced. Our customers' satisfaction is extremely important to us.
    How has your company grown or evolved?
    Organically. We are 100% family owned and do not have outside investors.

Brass & Burl Company Information