4.60/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Brass & Burl

Brass & Burl is dedicated to bringing our clients curated home furnishings and decor from the most respected names in furniture and design.

Looking for a good furniture store?

Brass & Burl Reviews

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

Emily from Brass & Burl sourced us the most awesome chairs ever. There was some delay with production (as tends to happen with such things) and Emily, unasked, got us a nice % back for the trouble. Oh, and I should say, purchasing from Emily saved us a *significant* portion over the same chairs from, e.g., One Kings Lane. I would definitely recommend Brass & Burl to any other furniture shoppers and Brass & Burl is now my first stop for any furniture search.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I ordered a bedroom dresser from Brass & Burl and after a short time the top drawer closing mechanism started to malfunction. They were very responsive from the start and the first person who contacted me stayed with the case throughout. Initially they were going to send a repair person to look at the dresser but then decided to send me a completely new one. Excellent customer service!

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I recently moved into a new apartment and needed new lamps. I was looking for something in the sea blue family. I found some gorgeous lamps on Brass & Burl's website and, with the help of Emily's guidance in terms of colors/style, selected a variety of unique and beautiful blue/green lamps for my living/dining area (4 in total). I am so happy with these lamps! They have transformed the room by adding a nice pop of color and sophistication to the space. I regularly get compliments on them from friends and family. I am very happy with the quality of the items and with the customer service I received. Emily was excellent! I will definitely think of Brass & Burl for future purchases.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Love the coffee table that I received from Brass and Burl. I was struggling to decide between three and Emily, one of the owners, was so helpful in guiding me in the right direction. I provided my room dimensions and a few pictures of the furniture I already owned and she gave her advice. I am so happy with the one we chose, it pulls my entire living room together. The quality is better than anything I've owned before. I'm sure it'll be a piece that my family and I treasure for a long time.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I have quite a few pieces from Brass & Burl and could not be happier. The quality of the items is very high and the ordering process was super easy. I worked with Emily on ordering a custom coffee table that would fit the limited space in our apartment, based on one they had on the site. She was so accommodating and helpful! The website is also very easy to navigate.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brass & Burl?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I purchased 2 blue and white jars, one was a temple jar and the other was a ginger jar with a bronze lid. They were packed so well and absolutely gorgeous. The quality was amazing. You get what you pay for.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

The piece of furniture I ordered arrived with a manufacture's defect. Brass & Burl's website states they will repair any minor manufacture's defect. The third party company Brass & Burl sent the piece of furniture to for the repair damaged it to the point it could not be repaired. Brass & Burl (Adam and Emily) refuse to replace the piece of furniture on the statement they used a restoration company recommended by the furniture manufacturer. I emailed the manufacturer and replied stating they DO NOT give out recommendations of furniture repair/restorations companies. I have turned the matter over to my credit card company. All communications with involved parties involved was done via email. Lesson learned; better to pay a little more and have returns accepted by proprietor.

Brass & Burl response

Melissa is an unstable woman with a history of lashing out when she does not get her way. See this comment she left regarding a company on google: Haverford Hardwood Floors (Havertown, PA).

Melissa received an item, but contacted us later on with a damage complaint. This is against our policy because of consumer fraud, but we helped her anyway. The damage was repaired by a local firm to 100%. NOTE: The repairman also refused to go back to Melissa's house because of her abusive nature!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I can only say good things about this online retailer - placed the order - it came in fast - as expected - the site has many nice functionalities to search by price or type of furniture. Overall very professional and prices are reasonable for high quality stuff. I would use them again. I bought 2 lamps there and a big armoire.

Original review: July 22, 2018

Would love write how much I love B&B's furniture, but I never got past the lack of customer service. On 2 July I spoke to a gentlemen about a list of questions that are not covered on the website (to include an error). In order to answer my questions about quality and construction, he said he had to contact the manufacturer, but in the meantime he would be able to send me three material swatches. Forward to approximately 10 July: no information and no swatches. I initiated follow-up correspondence asking if these requests had fallen through the cracks (stuff happens, I get it) and was told by a woman due to the 4th of July holiday, communications were delayed and she would investigate, get the answers to my questions and ensure swatches were sent.

I also reminded her of the website error that had yet to be corrected. Now 12 days on from that second correspondence and still nothing. No follow up by B&B even to say "Hey, we haven't forgotten you," no concrete answers about construction or warranty (during the original conversation it was more of "take my word for it"), and perhaps the most simple of all tasks...no swatches. Have money in my pocket and a desire for quality furniture from a company who gives a damn throughout the entire process. Brass & Burl is not that company.

Brass & Burl response

We apologize for the lack of swatch availability. This manufacturer has stopped producing in the U.S. and we believed they would still be able to continue operation through the summer. We informed the customer.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I'm so pleased to have discovered this terrific online home furnishings store! The selection is vast, the quality of their products is very high and all of that is topped off with competitive prices! We ordered an area rug and a brass topped cocktail table to update our living room; both truly exceeded our expectations. There was a little hiccup around the shipment of the table and Emily very quickly got it sorted out. For someone like who conducts about 95% of all my consumer buying online, Brass & Burl is a true find.

Brass & Burl expert review by ConsumerAffairs

New York-based luxury furniture retailer specializing in a curated mix of antique and modern styles of home décor and furniture.

• Selection: Find furnishings for bedrooms, living rooms, dining rooms and offices, plus outdoor furniture. The company also sells decorative accessories, such as wall art, mirrors, rugs and vases.

• Shipping: Free shipping within the continental United States.

• Delivery: White glove delivery service is included on large furniture items.

• Returns: All sales are final. In some cases, items can be returned for a 20% restocking fee.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
      ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Brass & Burl questions and answers

What problem is Brass and Burl trying to solve?
      Brass and Burl seeks to provide curated fine furniture online through clear and descriptive advertising, the lowest possible prices and excellent customer service.
      What sets Brass and Burl apart from the competition?
      Unlike most online furniture retailers, Brass and Burl does not create false discounting or the allusion of massive sales. Brass and Burl sells high end and fine furniture at the minimum allowable prices set by the manufacturer. Shipping is always free on every item.
      What needs does your product or service fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
      High end and custom furniture is often only available through a designer. Brass and Burl makes thousands of items available to the normal shopper everyday.
      How does Brass and Burl measure success?
      Brass and Burl measures success by customer satisfaction. We want every single customer to be 100% satisfied with their purchase. At Brass and Burl the customer is always number one. We are purveyors of high end curated home furnishings online, and superb customer service is paramount.
      What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
      Most customers have misconceptions about pricing, given that most online retailers use pricing gimmicks to create a false illusion of huge price discounting. In reality, there is only one price, and that is the price the customer is willing to pay. At Brass and Burl, we believe in transparent pricing on every item.
      How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
      Online furniture sales growth increases at nearly 10% per annum. As traditional retail models are changing, maintaining vendor relationships and establishing new ones is paramount.
      What is something you wish every consumer knew about Brass and Burl?
      Brass and Burl views quality and price as closely related. We believe in relative value and would never sell an item that we believed to be mis-priced. Our customers' satisfaction is extremely important to us.
      How has your company grown or evolved?
      Organically. We are 100% family owned and do not have outside investors.

Brass & Burl Company Information