2. Homeowners

Hampton Bay Patio Furniture

3.8/5 (194 ratings)

About Hampton Bay Patio Furniture

Hampton Bay Patio Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hampton Bay Patio Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hampton Bay?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2014

Derry 32 in. Compact Infrared Electric Fireplace in White DERRY - This arrived on Thursday. My son stopped by to put the wheels on. It was beautiful. It was raining and damp and I turned it on. So pretty. It wasn't long before my home filled w/ noxious fumes. The book said this would happen and burn off in a short amount of time. The next day when I turned it on, it was the same noxious smells. And it continued. Today I took it outside and opened the windows, turned on the fans and cleared the house of fumes. A few hours later I brought it inside and plugged it in. Again, the smells and now my eyes are swelling and burning and itching. My lungs feel bad and I can't cough. Unplugged and out on the deck.

I sat down to write to Home Depot and had the instruction booklet beside me and I could hardly believe it but it smelled just like the fireplace that I'd sent outside. When it was in the house, I realize now, it smelled toxic even when turned off. Tomorrow I will visit Home Depot. I'm sorry it's going back, it looked great in my living room. My asthma is now out of control. I'm not happy.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2014

Ordered the Fall River Patio Table back in Jun for our new home. Was on back order. Received 1st table the middle of Aug. Damaged & missing a leg. Ordered another one. 2nd table, damaged worse than 1st. Ordered 3rd table, damaged again. In all 3 instances, none of the tables came with any packing material inside the box to protect it during shipping. Such a beautiful table and we are so disappointed! We still want the table - only not damaged!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2014

I purchased the Salem 7 piece outdoor furniture in 2012. The tile table top started to crack 5 days after warranty was up. They wouldn't do anything for me. The top has basically began to crumbled. This complaint is all over the internet. They have to know it's a manufacturer's defect. If they were reputable they would stand behind their products.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2014

Bought a Hampton Bay Flower Model 52" Ceiling Fan with a light and remote... I installed it as instructed by the directions. When it came time to turn it on, the light would work, but all the motor would do is hum and the blades on the fan would not turn. I tried all the speeds. On one, the remote would turn on and then turn off. Same thing for speed number two, on and then off. And then on speed three all the motor would do is hum, but the blades failed to turn. I paid $120 to Home Depot for this piece of Chinese junk and I'm taking it back with my receipt and getting my money back.

I'm going to try a Hunter fan next and see what kind of Chinese junk that is. What frosts my ** is I spent all that time wiring the junction box to hang the fan, all that time assembling it, and installing it, and I even tested it before putting on the fan blades, and it worked! Then after putting on the fan blades all it does now is hum, turns off, and the blades will not turn. What a piece of Chinese crap! Hampton Bay can stick this fan where the sun doesn't shine.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2014

I tried to put an umbrella through the hole of my glass tabletop and just nicked the side of the hole and the top shattered.

Original review: July 8, 2014

We bought a Hampton bay patio set 2 years ago and the bolts kept coming loose on the high chairs. Also the tabletop on all four sides is crack. We paid over a $1,000.00 dollars for this set. We do not know who to call and see if there is something that can be done. If anyone knows what to do, please let us know. Thank you.

Original review: June 28, 2014

After very little use of my umbrella, the crank mechanism started to be difficult to raise and lower the umbrella. As soon as I put pressure on it, the unit would start jumping and not crank properly. I took upon myself to take the unit apart so I could get the parts necessary to repair it on my own. When I got in touch with the people at Home Depot I was told not replacement parts are sold separately. I was given the parts dept. number if I wished to order the whole canopy unit in order to get a new crank assembly. I feel this is totally wrong to make the customer purchase the whole item at $129.00 plus shipping and tax for a crank assembly that probably costs them about $5.00. Another person said it would cost $350 because the crank, pole and umbrella are one unit.

If customers are willing to repair a unit instead of replacing the whole unit or a new umbrella the company should make the parts readily available. I had faith in purchasing your product but evidently your company has no regard for the people who purchased your products. I will make sure that anyone I know or see know your stance on your products and how you treat your customers. I guess that's how large companies become large companies! After the sale forget the customer and move on the next. I am going to shop at Lowe's.

Original review: June 24, 2014

We purchased this dining set from Home Depot in the early summer of 2012. Upon delivery to our home, the tabletop was cracked and chipped in multiple areas. We assumed it wasn't handled properly in the mail. After a few attempts to reach customer service, we did in fact have another tabletop delivered to our home. Again, there was damage to edges; less, but still apparent.

After the grueling process of having the original replaced, we opted to just deal; reluctantly. Spending $1,000 plus on a set, for summer, we were eager to use it. Slowly but surely, the top continued to crack, peel, splits at the edges. Proving only that the "damage" to the table top wasn’t "damage" at all from shipping. It’s simply because of poor construction and the materials used that are just not durable enough to withstand the elements - direct sunlight, moisture, etc., all factors that should be necessary when buying "quality outdoor" furniture.

At the end of each summer, it has been stored for the winter months and cared for as best as possible to avoid further deterioration. This summer, 2014, it has gotten to the point where you can no longer “overlook” the defects. After doing some recent research, warranty information states the tabletop is only covered for 1 year. And it’s quite difficult to reach customer service, as I stated before. I'm frustrated to say the least. For something that cost what it did, it should have provided us with years of enjoyment. This set has been discontinued, but I wouldn't recommend buying any Hampton Bay patio furniture. I will never again.

Original review: June 22, 2014

Purchased this 11' Hampton Bay solar lighted umbrella less than a year ago. The crank is made of very cheap metal which has already cracked & split. I would not advise anyone to purchase this product, which only has a 90-day warranty. $300 for a piece of junk!! From the complaints I've read, this company does not stand behind their line of products.

Original review: June 13, 2014

We purchased our Hampton Bay patio furniture in August 2013 from Home Depot. During winter we covered and stored the furniture. At the beginning of Spring of this year (2014), we brought the furniture back out. Over the last 2 months the tiled dinning table has been cracking all over. In the last week several tiles have started to crumble and come loose. For what we paid for this set, we are embarrassed to use it with friends and family. It appears we aren’t the only ones having this issue. I would not recommend this product to anyone!

Original review: June 11, 2014

Table is 1 year old. Rectangular, seats 6! Glass shattered, covered yard, pool, concrete and French drains. Quality of Hampton Bay glass is poor and cannot find replacement piece.

Original review: June 10, 2014

After very little use of my umbrella the crank mechanism started to be difficult to raise and lower the umbrella. As soon as I put pressure on it the unit would start jumping and not crank properly. I took upon myself to take the unit apart so I could get the parts necessary to repair it on my own. When I got in touch with the people at Hampton Bay I was told not replacement parts are sold separately. I was given the parts dept. number if I wished to order the whole canopy unit in order to get a new crank assembly. I feel this is totally wrong to make the customer purchase the whole item at $120.00 plus shipping and tax for a crank assembly that probably costs them about $5.00.

Original review: June 10, 2014

Purchased patio furniture in Sept of 2013. Items never taken out of box until now. Missing manual and hardware. Called 800 number for the parts that are missing. Won't be able to get an answer for a few days. Also purchased Hampton Bay kitchen cabinets. Four had to be returned because of damage. Held up my installation. Waiting for pick up of damaged and sending replacement. It will take another week to get them from Home Depot in Atlanta. Patio set also purchased through Home Depot online. Seems like Hampton Bay merchandise is not great quality and their QC department not doing their job.

Original review: May 26, 2014

In late August 2013 I bought a tile table from Home Depot, Hampton Bays brand. We only had it out for 1 month before storing it away for the winter. 3 weeks ago we took it out and noticed all cracks going through the table. It has since cracked all over and pieces of the table are cracking away. We only used it for a total of maybe 1.5 months. Home Depot is trying to help, but they didn't give me an answer yet if they are taking it back. Don't buy Hampton Bays!

Original review: May 3, 2014

Bought a Hampton Bay patio furniture set from Home Depot two years ago. The table is a total loss as it is literally crumbling in to pieces. It is unsightly and unusable. I have found other complaints with the exact same product and problem. I guess I won't bother wasting my time trying to contact either Home Depot or Hampton Bay. Thank you to others who have posted the same complaints.

Original review: April 22, 2014

I bought this dining set 2 years ago and what a piece of junk. I loved it at first, until after the 1st year, the tabletop started to peel and crack! After paying over $1,000 for this set, I was hoping to get a few more years out of this. I'll never buy another Hampton Bay dining set again!

Original review: March 25, 2014

I have to wonder what is going on with all the "exploding glass" tops. We have a five piece set with the square table that has the pebble grain underneath and smooth on top and have had it for about 7-8 years. And its the original top. No problems whatsoever. Ours is under a pergola, exposed to the elements and not taken care of with any special care. We don't have an umbrella in it. I have to wonder if people are leaving umbrellas in the hole during a high wind and then getting a bit dramatic about their broken table. I love our Hampton Bay set and can't see any reason to complain about it.

Original review: March 23, 2014

Our rather expensive Hampton Bay patio dining set from Home Depot started having issues with seat fabric deteriorating after just 3 years. They did not offer replacement fabric and suggested replacing chairs. Now metal frame piece that supports umbrellas has broken. Home Depot pretended to connect me to a customer service specialists and even with photos they requested of the faulty part sent a piece of plastic that doesn't even resemble broken piece.

Original review: March 15, 2014

We spent $1000 on the Hampton Bay Salem 7-Piece High Dining Patio Set. We have had it less than a year and the top of it is crumbling apart! It appears to be a faux tile cast concrete top maybe? Do not buy from them! Way overpriced and a huge waste of money! The table is now discontinued as I can see all of the horrible reviews with the exact same problem. Hampton bay is a Home Depot owned brand. Get yourself together Home depot! Their customer service was NO HELP! They do no stand behind their crappy expensive product!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2014

Hampton Baby Simone Chaise Lounge 747 779 - I purchased four of these chaise lounges from Home Depot. The fabric section needs to be replaced and looks as if it could and I am unable to find a source for them. The customer service number on the information tag that was attached to the chair now belongs to an adult talk line. Does anyone know how to get in touch with the customer service dept. or is this type of replacement fabric panels even available. The metal frames are in excellent condition.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2014

We bought a brand new 7-PC. Hampton Bay Fall River Collection from Home Depot for $499.99. We got it home and there was no hardware in the box at all and one complete chair was missing. We couldn't put any of the set together. We called customer service and they said they will replace the missing chair and hardware, now we wait and see.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2013

We purchased a Dana Point 5pc Rocker Set from Home Depot. The good news: unlike many other reviews, after 5 years the glass is still intact. The chairs appear to be structurally well made. The bad news: without any abuse, a substantial amount of paint has come off of all four chairs and the table. Terrible quality control. That's the POWER of the Home Depot.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2013

We have owned a 5-piece patio set with rocking swivel chairs. One of the chairs broke at the weld underneath the chair and dumped me onto the patio floor. After reading reviews, this seems to be a common problem but not as common as the exploding glass tops. This concerns me and I'm considering replacing our glass top before there is an issue. I would not recommend Hampton Bay products after this. Especially since comments from consumers reveal that Home Depot and Hampton Bay are not willing to compensate consumers.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2013

I bought the Hampton Bay Madison side table and the tiles are chipping and falling off. I've only had it six to eight weeks. Customer service is impossible to contact. I was really impressed with the looks of Hampton Bay. It looked high end but now I know you get what you pay for. No more Hampton Bay for me.

Original review: July 19, 2013

We had a patio table purchased at Home Depot that was a Hampton Bay product. One day the table top shattered into pieces. Some of the glass is still on the roof of my house!

Original review: June 21, 2013

I purchased a Hampton Bay patio set from the Home Depot in summer 2008. This morning, I heard a loud crash and looked outside to see tiny pieces of glass all over my deck. I carefully looked around and found no evidence of anything hitting the table. Thankfully, my 2 young children were not outside at the time. I have since read many reports of these tables shattering and it really concerns me that I was permitted to buy one.

Original review: June 6, 2013

I bought a patio set (Mosaic Tile Table and Chairs Set) from Home Depot made by Hampton Bay end of the summer in 2012. I put it in the garage for the winter. I brought it out a few weeks ago and all the tiles are falling off the edges. I’m very disappointed in this product. For the $300.00 spent on the set, it's worth nothing now!! I can't even glue the pieces back on because when they fell onto the concrete floor in the garage, most of them broke in half.

Original review: May 21, 2013

Approximately two years ago, we purchased outdoor furniture. To our dismay, the lounge chairs rusted. I contacted Home Depot several times and they continued to redirect us to contact Hampton Bay directly. Unfortunately, it is nearly impossible to contact them direct. I once again contacted Home Depot who then told me that the chairs aren't under warranty. I had to do a lot of running around to finally be told that no one would help. Very sad that your furniture only last 2 summers.

Original review: May 11, 2013

Think twice before buying a Hampton Bay umbrella base. I bought one a few years ago at Home Depot and the piece of round metal the umbrella goes into completely rusted off from the cast iron base. This is a very heavy base (50#+ and cost over $60) so I thought it would last a long time. This spring, when I was moving my patio furniture, I noticed the metal pole that connects to the base had completely rusted away and would not hold the umbrella. I contacted Home Depot customer service and got a nice rep Judy who asked about the situation. She said the item only had a one-year warranty but she would see what she could do. I sent her a picture of the rusted umbrella stand and told her it was over one-year old and I didn't have my receipt although Hampton Bay is only sold through Home Depot.

She called me back 3 days later saying that there was nothing she could do for me since it was over one-year old. I asked if she could get me the rusted pipe and I could connect it to the old base just to make it work. I wasn't trying to get a completely new item, just willing to pay for the part to make it functional. She said they only sell the whole units. Be careful what you buy and who you buy it from unless you want to be paying for something over and over every few years for something that should last much longer. I have another base for our other table and it is over 5 years old and no signs of rust damage. See photo of Hampton Bay rusted patio umbrella base.

Original review: March 27, 2013

The 2-inch plates rusted. Where can I get touch up paint? Or can I get new plates?

Hampton Bay Patio Furniture Company Information