3.8/5 (42 ratings)

About P.C. Richard & Son

P.C. Richard & Son is a family-owned appliance and electronics business that’s been around since 1909. The company offers many products and services, including a product servicing center. P.C. Ricard has limited store locations, but you can buy online and get free shipping on orders over $49.

Pros

• Many product options
  • Free shipping over $49
  • Financing options

Cons

• Limited store locations
  • Discount terms apply

Bottom Line

P.C. Richard & Son provides a multitude of products and services at an affordable price. It’s ideal for customers looking for appliances or electronics, and its financing options and discount programs offset total costs.

Top P.C. Richard & Son Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

During these tough times It's great to be able to buy the things you want and need. The managers and salespeople are doing their best to help you make the correct decision and get...

Verified

… Andre went above and beyond to ensure that my refrigerator was replaced per the extended warranty when I recently had an issue. The store manager John was also of great assistan...

What is P.C. Richard & Son?

P.C. Richard & Son is a shop that sells various appliances, electronics, furniture and more, including stoves, mattresses, smart home technology and fitness equipment. You can shop P.C. Richard’s selection online or at one of its tri-state or Pennsylvania-area stores.

P.C. Richard provides free curbside pickup and certified installation services as well as a multitude of payment options, including rebate, layaway and financing opportunities. It also offers a low-price guarantee and extended warranty protection on select products.

P.C. Richard products

You can purchase a wide variety of products from P.C. Richard, including products in categories like:

• Home appliances
  • Video games
  • Home office
  • Car audio
  • Health and fitness

If you can’t find what you need at a P.C. Richard store, it may be available on the company’s website.

P.C. Richard installation cost

P.C. Richard’s total installation price varies based on product and location, but several discounts and financing packages are available to offset the cost. For instance, if you use a P.C. Richard credit card to fund your purchase and installation, you receive a special financing rate for 24 months (for products over $499). The company also offers military and emergency responder discounts that can go toward installation costs.

P.C. Richard FAQ

Does P.C. Richard price match?
P.C. Richard offers a low-price guarantee. If a competitor advertises a better price, the company will refund 100% of the difference.
Does P.C. Richard offer free delivery?
You get free shipping for purchases over $49 (excluding major appliances, select televisions, mattresses, grills, game consoles and some other products). P.C. Richard offers same-day and next-day delivery.
Where is P.C. Richard located?
P.C. Richard has stores in Connecticut, New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. You can find the store nearest you on the company's website.
Does P.C. Richard offer senior discounts?
No, P.C. Richard doesn’t provide senior discounts. However, you can take advantage of other company coupons and discounts online and in-store.
Does P.C. Richard install car stereos?
Yes, P.C. Richard partners with 44 mobile installation centers in the New York metro area. The company offers lifetime warranties with its professional car stereo installations.

Is P.C. Richard worth it?

Because the company offers a wealth of products and services as well as significant discounts, financing opportunities, free shipping and installation services, many customers find their P.C. Richard purchases worth it. However, if you don’t qualify for its financing or discount programs, the cost of P.C. Richard appliances and larger products may be beyond your budget.

P.C. Richard & Son Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about P.C. Richard & Son?

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

Winsome ** helped me try out and choose a new bed, giving me valuable information, answering my questions with patience and kindness and giving me ample time to sample the mattresses and adjustable bases. We settled on a base which has the advantage of easy portability for delivery because it folds in half for being carried up my twisty staircase. Then manager Sara added a mattress cover and two pillows and put the deal together; the ladies charged my P. C. Richard and Son credit card and gave me time to repay in monthly installments with no finance charge. I very much appreciate the friendliness and courtesy shown me by Winsome and Sara and I look forward to enjoying my new bed.

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

I contacted your Levittown store at the recommendation of a local appliance repairman who suggested that rather than put extensive repairs into an antiquated appliance, that Adrian of your staff should be able to find me a direct replacement without requiring modification of cabinets. He was right. Adrian found that what I wanted was not in stock, but he went out of his way to contact the manufacturer's warehouse to find out if they had what I wanted in stock and how quickly they could ship it to the PCR warehouse. Due to his efforts to expedite, he was able to have the wall oven delivered and installed within a week. Adrian should be commended for the extra efforts he put in on my behalf. Without that I could not have gotten what I needed so quickly. I much appreciate all he did.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

I have been a customer in the Riverhead store for many years. I met one of the salesmen many years ago. His name is Vic **. Countless times he has provided the best guidance for my purchases. Most recently he went the extra mile to monitor a shipment to the warehouse for a refrigerator I needed and even called me back when the stock was received. I was able to complete the transaction over the phone a pick up the new unit at the warehouse. This saved 5 days of waiting for a residential delivery and hundreds of dollars of perishable food.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

I would like to make a comment on your outstanding salesman, Anthony **. Back on March 26, 2021, I placed an order for several appliances totaling over $7000. I was in the process of purchasing a new home and would need these appliances by mid-June or mid-July. Anthony helped me placed the order and informed me that the stove would be on backorder. He assured me that he would keep an eye on the next delivery of stoves. I had a delivery mid July for the appliances. Anthony was able to get the stove but I was told that the refrigerator was damaged at the warehouse. I did have an issue with the first delivery. I was very happy to see my stove being placed on the tailgate. Unfortunately the stove that I waited for so long fell off the tailgate. The stove was damaged. I immediately called Anthony and he was able to earmark one of the remainder stoves to be shipped to me the following week.

If Anthony's quick response, I am quite sure that I would not have gotten the new stove. I also had an issue with the refrigerator. Unfortunately Anthony was unable to guarantee a delivery date for the end of August for refrigerator. Most likely it would not come until the end of September. After living out of a camping cooler for one week, I could not wait for the refrigerator to be deliver the end of September. Anthony was able to find a comparable refrigerator that would fit my kitchen. I have been shopping at PC Richards for many years. If you check my PC Richards credit card activity, you can see I buy all my appliances at your store. I have dealt with many salespeople at your store, but I felt that Anthony ** had been exceptional in his service. If it was not for his help I feel I would have stopped shopping and PC Richards. Instead I highly recommend your store and if you are lucky enough, try to get Anthony to help you.

Hello Michelle,

Thank you for taking the time to post a positive review regarding your experience! We appreciate your business at P.C. Richard & Son!

Original review: July 5, 2021

The service technician Nick is very compassionate and caring. When the first condenser was the not the right one he went out of his way to locate the correct one. I was originally told the new condenser was not going to be in until 7/10. Given the fact that my wife and I are both in our mid 70's and had been without refrigeration for 5 weeks he felt it was unfair and not the right way to handle customers. Nick drove to the warehouse and reached out to his supervisor to locate the right one. The work was done neatly, respectfully and with care. Nick is an asset to your company and should be treated as a valued employee.

P.C. Richard & Son response

Thanks for your positive feedback Harvey, we appreciate your buisness and look forward to your next visit!

Original review: May 3, 2022

I bought an ac unit. Surveyors came with attitude and verified window was ok. Made me sign. Delivery just made, ac does not fit... P. C. Richards installers just walked out without saying a word. I lost one day's work staying home. Avoid at all costs.

Hello Clive,

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience this caused. Please send us an email to customerservice@pcrichard.com with the invoice number of the purchase and your contact information, so we can look into this further.

Original review: April 9, 2022

So I purchased a TCL 55 inch 6 series last year. During that time I asked if there was a veteran discount and was told no. Fine. I got a warranty for it and it stopped working. I was told I can only get a store credit not a refund. Fine but not happy. When I went to the store I decided to get a bigger TV so I got the 75 inch. When I spoke to the manager about a veteran discount he said he will give me $100 off but not 10% as other veterans told me it supposed to be off the entire purchase.

Now the new TV (75 inches) is having problems and the store told me I probably wouldn’t get a store credit as I already used up a warranty claim for the first TV. Customer service was not available to speak to me as they were already closed for the day. Really disappointed on how this is turning out. I really wish they would give a full refund and make clear policy on veterans' discount.

Hello Luis,

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

We had bought a refrigerator outright through PC Richard for delivery on Feb 2nd. When installed, we were supposed to also have a copper line installed for the water dispenser. Upon delivery, installment team says cannot do copper due to it "being too difficult", but we can install using existing plastic line. Fine. My plastic line then was cut and was leaking water into our basement where multiple laptops had water damage. We had left for vacation already and a family member had noticed it. Tried to get service technician out and when they did finally show up, they came in and told us within 30 seconds that they can't even install a copper line due to me having a finished basement? #1.

Sent service person out for an installation ticket. This person quite literally clamped my plastic line and then left within 30 seconds. 2. Why not just tell us from the beginning that you cannot install a copper line? Very confusing as in the city of Philadelphia, the code is to have a copper line and there are certainly finished basements in Philadelphia. Fine. Fast forward again, and the damage claims department failed to take an ounce of accountability for installing the refrigerator at all. No one useful was able to reach out to me. Tony ** was the one who was "assisting" me and this person couldn't even pick up the phone to explain to me the details of his email even though it was requested multiple times.

When asked for a supervisor, I was told the next person up was the CEO. Are there not any other communication channels in place for escalating these situations? Everything was "It's hearsay," yet I am not fully understanding how a brand new refrigerator ends up hooked up and wheeled into my home without an installation team physically bringing it in; especially after the fact that we PAID for the installation. There were 2 individuals (installation and the service technician) out on my property who both tampered with my plastic line yet Tony ** claims both of those two individuals didn't touch it.

Apparently according to the paperwork PC Richards has, does not notate someone physically installing the fridge yet the office in Conshohocken clearly has told me it's notated on their end that the installment person did indeed install the fridge. I guess you guys work with magic because somehow my refrigerator got wheeled into its place with the plastic line hooked up. It is extremely disappointing knowing that a company like PC Richards can't even pick up the phone to talk with an unhappy customer. Instead, just continues to send email replies that clearly do not help the situation. I will never do business with PC Richard again in any capacity after you completely failing to provide a basic level of customer service. Oh & of course, no returns on appliances and nothing was even attempted to rectify the fact that there are ceiling tiles destroyed, and 2 work laptops with water damage.

Hello Jenna,

Original review: Feb. 2, 2022

I went to PC Richard looking for a new dishwasher. Sarah ** was right there and helped me the whole way. She took time with me and answered all of my questions. I appreciated all of her help. Looking forward to my delivery tomorrow!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

Delivery was 1/11, On time, men were well mannered, efficient and competent. Very satisfied, yes, would definitely recommend. This is a senior housing complex, so there were extra steps to go through and they did this efficiently.

P.C. Richard & Son response

We're happy to hear that! Thank you for shopping with us!

P.C. Richard & Son Company Information