Call toll free
4.72/5
Based on 701 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Call toll free

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

In 1909, P.C. Richard & Son started a family owned business that has been passed down for five generations and continues to stand by three key principles today. Our company was built on honesty, integrity, and reliability.

P.C. Richard & Son has a service center for electronics and appliances. We also have a call center to serve our customers the way they deserve to be treated and handled after the sale. Let us take care of your appliance, electronics and mattress needs.

P.C. Richard & Son Video
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 16, 2018

2127 P.C. Richard & Son Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

3 years ago I purchased a refrigerator, dishwasher and stove for a new house. At the time I wanted all Frigidaire products but ultimately bought a different dishwasher. Recently the dishwasher stopped working and I called for a repair which was done by an outside vendor. The repair person came and found multiple problems with the dishwasher some of which did not cause the problem with it working. The repairman submitted to the company for repair parts. After waiting for over a month for the parts to come in I called the company only to find out the parts were on back order and might not be in for another month or so.

I called PC Richard corporate in NY and they immediately credited me with a new dishwasher, delivery, and installation all FREE! After doing a happy dance, I went to the store to pick up a replacement and dealt with a very nice guy named James who processed my order quickly, and without issue. No problems. The new DW will be delivered and installed in 2 days. What company in these days does this? I thought the old fashioned kind of service was gone forever. Evidently PC Richards still believes in supporting their products. Hooray for them!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I purchased 2 Samsung tvs. The first one I picked up at the store. No waiting. Very friendly and fast service. The next tv I had delivered to my home. I was very pleasantly surprised when it was delivered. The delivery man opened the box, inspected the tv and plugged it in to make sure it worked properly. I never had anyone do that before. He was very pleasant also. I have never had a bad experience at P.C. Richards. I have bought a mattress, and a computer there also. I will always shop there for whatever items I need. I also highly recommend them to all friends. Thanks P.C.Richards.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Max from P.C. Richard helped me yesterday. He was very patient and knowledgeable and helped me find the perfect refrigerator. I had space restrictions and he looked up measurements on all the items I was looking at. Wonderful man!! 10 stars!!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

My television died within a month of delivery. I notified P.C. Richard, which had a technician verify it the next day and a new TV installed the day after that. The Sales Counselor Mario, ** was helpful and very efficient and the delivery crew (truck 329) were knowledgeable and had the new TV installed and working within minutes. The customer service could not have been better.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

We are loyal PC Richard customers. Always buy The extended warranty. Called on ice maker for our fairly new LG refrigerator/freezer. Tech came out and pressed a reset button and said it will make ice in 4 hours, It didn't, so I Called again (2 times). They couldn't set up next appointment till ticket closed out, I was told by scheduler she would call back when ticket closed. No one called us back. So we called again the following day. Set up an appointment for the only available time slot for the upcoming week. No tech came on scheduled day and time. I cancelled an important MD visit to stay home for this repair. I called after time slot ended and I was told repeatedly we had no appointment and a part was ordered. NO one from PC Richard told us this, there was no apology for my lost time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about P.C. Richard & Son?

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I purchased a new dishwasher from P.C. Richard & Son. The delivery was promised within a 4 hour window and came within the first 1.5 hours of that window of time. The delivery men were pleasant. A problem arose, through no fault of P.C. Richard. They are coming back to complete the installation at no additional charge. I am very happy.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

Salesman was great. Bought floor model, so far so good. No instruction book included. Installation crew were sloppy in the respect that they installed new dryer vent but cleaned out lint from old one and left lint over floor instead of putting in wastebasket. Machine was not quite leveled.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

Bought a LG refrigerator in 2013 from PC Richard, always a problem with refrigerator not cooling properly. Had multiple service calls and fixes were temporary. Finally 4 years later, refrigerator stop cooling, no ice, everything in my fridge was spoiled. I called up for service as my refrigerator is 10 years warranty with them. Tech came out a few day later, looked at it and said I need a new compressor. Compressor went bad. I waited 1 week until the order the parts and come back out. Tech was at my house for 4 hours, couldn’t fix it. Said he did everything he could. I called again for another appt and explain that the tech can’t fix it so I need a new fridge. They said a supervisor has to come out and inspect before giving me a new fridge. I said OK.

Made an appointment again. Supervisor came, said the first tech didn’t do a good job and they need a new part. I have to wait another week for the part to come in and install again. If it doesn’t work, we will have to replace. Week #3. I had 4 technician for 4 hours including the supervisor on site, working to fix the problem on my fridge. No luck. The technical did try and was honest to say, "Hey we did our best. No, this is a faulty fridge, it’s not fixable, we need to call customer service in the next morning and ask them to replace this fridge." I called the next day which is today. First guy said the, "Oh, we have to order another part and I don’t know how long it will take to come in." I said what!!! I need to work to a manager/supervisor. Took my tel, no one called. I called LG, file a claim and they said ask PC Richard to send us the report and they will process the item replacement.

I called back all over again explaining my problem to PC Richard and lady with an attitude answered and said, "You have to wait for another part. We can’t replace," and finally transfer me to a supervisor on site name Nikkita. I explained to Nikita and told her I called LG, told them the situation. They said, "We have no problem replacing the refrigerator" and they said to ask for PC Richard to send them the report on what they did on the fridge, it is not repairable. Nikita said, "We have the parts and can come tomorrow for another repair." It’s been 3 weeks; no refrigerator and every time I hear, "We will come with a part again and if it doesn’t work we will replace." She finally said, "I need an email address, name that I need to send the report to." I was surprise they don’t not have that info. Am I their first claim??!

I called LG and they said the tech need to submit that report, they do it all the time. They have a system. Again, I called PC. Richard... ask for Nikkita, agent said "Oh, she is on another line, but she was able to stop at my desk and told me that she will send the info to LG and will get back to me in 20mins with a answer." 3 hours later, I called again - as no one called me back of course. "Nikkita please, ....” "Sorry she is not available, but I do see you on the schedule for tomorrow repair." I was scheduled for repair again, I didn’t know??? I was waiting for a reply on when will I get a new fridge!! Still here waiting.... no call back ... nothing. Worst service ever!!! Took your money, have you invest in warranty, sell you a faulty fridge that is not repairable and do nothing about it. "Oh we warranty 10 years. If we can’t fix we will replace, we always stand behind our items." — **! Next step, calling my lawyer...

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I purchased a refrigerator and stove at the Carteret store. The staff was helpful and professional. Prices were right. Was done in very little time. No hassles. Would recommend to a friend. Convenient way to get discounted appliances. Good experience.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

2 weeks ago, I walked into the P.C. Richard & Son in Bellmore, where my husband and I had bought our washer/dryer, stove and a Dyson vacuum, looking for a mattress. We went upstairs and were greeted by a salesman who seemed like he knew what he was doing, boy were we wrong. I explained that I needed a FIRM mattress, and we tried a few before letting him know that I really liked this Stern & Foster mattress, with a firm level of 1, firmest possible. My husband mentioned that it may be too firm for him, and instead of recommending the same mattress but with a firm level of 2, slightly less firm, he recommended we get a Sealy mattress, that it was great and it was the same mattress he had, everyone's line.

I sat on the couch for about a minute and still saying I liked the firm mattress better, he said, "I really think you should get the other one because the firm mattress is the number one returned mattress." He went on to say that the one of the showroom was a lot softer than it really was because this one had been used. I specifically asked him what we had to do to return it and if it cost anything, and his words were, "It's nothing, you have 30 days to return it and it might cost you a redelivery fee".

So we buy the mattress, it gets delivered on Saturday and I come back home on Sunday, wanting to sleep on my new mattress, only to spend the entire night awake tossing and turning and ending up sleeping on my daughter's queen size bed with her, my husband and our dog. The mattress is the softest, most uncomfortable mattress I have ever slept in, or at least attempted to sleep in, in my entire life!!! My husband immediately calls the next day, asking to speak to the sales rep, who wasn't there, so he spoke to a manager. He explained to the manager, who then told my husband their 30 day return policy means that you have to keep the mattress for 30 days before you can return it, which was NEVER explained to us when we bought the mattress.

One more night goes by, I stay awake ALL NIGHT and we go to the store to speak to a manager, Pete. Pete listens to our complaint and says, "Your body has to adjust to the bed," which is total and complete **. I travel extensively for work and have slept in every bed imaginable and NEVER have I been this uncomfortable, this mattress is clearly the wrong mattress for us. We tell him what happened and he even says the sales rep sold us the wrong mattress and says that he will note that on the computer.

This was Wednesday, he said he would call back Thursdays morning. It is now the following Monday, no one has bothered to call us. My brother in law has a friend who is a manager at another store, who checks their system and it says that "customer knew about 30 day in home before returning mattress", which is again, the biggest bull crap in the world. I am now on my 2nd week of sleepless nights, going from my daughter's room, to the floor and not sleeping at all with a massive migraine. I honestly want to cut this mattress into pieces. And now, we have to wait another 20 something days before I can sleep again. I will NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS AWFUL STORE EVER AGAIN.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

Customer Service is outstanding! The teams are well trained and very courteous. The team in the Norwalk store are the best! I have bought a dryer, several TVs, a coffee maker and all manner of items from them and they never fail to make my experience memorable! Thank you PC Richard!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I am very pleased (so far) with how professionally P.C. Richard handled my complaints with my new appliances. Manager Craig and salesperson Edbadur went out of their way to accommodate me. They were able to understand my frustration and restore my favorable impression of the store and its service dept.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Excellent customer service! Jimmy was very knowledgeable and professional. He helped us finding everything that we needed at great prices and quality. We bought 2 TVs, sound bar, and fireplace. Thank you Jimmy for all your help, we are very happy with our purchase! We will definitely come back again!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Awesome, Customer Service. I Always look for the same Gentleman every time I made a purchase at this store. He's answer every questions about any items. This is my second time buying Bed and Tv from this Individuals. I definitely look forward to the next purchase Washer/Dryer.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I am extremely grateful to John ** who sold me my washer and dryer today. He always gives the best customer service. He is always knowledgeable, efficient and a great asset to the P.C. Richard staff. It is always a pleasure to shop at that store.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

January 22, 2018, Sunday I bought TV set SONY 55" in PC RICHARD IN KINGS HIWAY. I am working so I paid for delivery and installation for the next Sunday January 29, 2018. I was promised that new TV-set would be installed and old TV-set would be removed. Instead two guys delivered me new TV-set, just left a huge box in the middle of the room, yelled in hardly English "different guy!" And run away!!! I called to the store. Because today is Sunday nobody could help me. No managers, no delivery people, no installation department- everybody were having rest and only me was upset and disappointed for my own big money almost $1000. I don't know how long I have to wait now for installation which I had to pay for and for enjoining my new purchase. Thank you PC RICHARD for spoiling my mood and my day off.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I have bought from P.C. Richard and Son for about 38 years, appliances, electronics, a.c. units, etc. They have consistently, to date, done good by me, salesman nice, not pushy, and give you all the options, so that YOU, can make the decision. My latest purchase was a Microwave. The salesman Joe **, at the Riverhead store did a Great job.The install men, TERRIFIC too! Thanks all.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

These guys are great. 5 stars all the way. Carl was super helpful. Made buying appliances easier than I could've imagined. Will definitely be returning for all our future needs. Great customer service. Friendly, responsive and courteous. Thank you for making this process a breeze.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

Best shopping experience and we shopped many stores! We were so impressed with our salesperson - Gabriel **. He was very knowledgeable about all of the mattresses we looked at and answered all of our questions. We could tell that he knew his products and was very well trained. He was smart enough to give us space and allowed us time to just look around and test mattresses on our own- without hovering. But, he was close enough to answer any questions.

When we were pretty sure we knew what we wanted, he called his manager, Nancy who gave us the confidence that we were getting the best price quote. When we were done, we said that we wanted to take some time to think it over - and they were no pressure and pleasant about us not making an immediate decision. But - we were impressed that they printed up paperwork and pricing so we had something concrete to go home with- and a feeling that there was some commitment, but not quite a sale yet.

We went back 2 days later, ready to buy and with a lot of help and testing, we chose the perfect pillows to go with our mattress. And... they noticed that we had some interest in a rocker upholstered chair and quoted us a price that we couldn't pass up - so we ended up buying more than we had planned - but left there very happy and satisfied with our PC Richard purchases. What a great sales team! Gabriel even helped to carry out our new pillows and was so pleasant and enthusiastic. It also impressed us that he loved his job and had great plans for his future there. We have made other purchases at this Wayne store and were very happy with with the outcome. But, this was by far the most impressive experience. Both Gabe and Nancy should be recognized for their expertise and professionalism.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

Excellent service, helpful, easy to deal with, took the extra step, explained the product, purchased at the Carteret warehouse store, A++++. Whirlpool Cabrio Platinum Washer, salesman was easy to work with, manager was also great to work with, flexible pickup. Quick to finish the order.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I bought the extended warranty on a new dryer and used it recently. The service from my initial call until the repair the next day was outstanding the process was extremely easy and quick. The service repair technician was very knowledgeable.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I spoke to the manager, Jonathan, in reference to assisting me in getting raffle prizes for a Casino Night fundraiser for the Spotswood Education Foundation. He was most helpful in suggesting four prizes which he knew attendees would like to win. He was also helpful in giving us the best price available. I was very impressed with his knowledge of these products and with his patience and generosity with his time.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I bought my air conditioners quite a few years ago at PC Richard and went back yesterday for a new stove and refrigerator. The staff are well informed, friendly and very accommodating. And their prices are more than fair! Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

The salesman was very helpful and worked with me to make the sale. He was very understanding and helped me at every turn. He asked if I was interested in a mattress and or spectrum of which I was not.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I will always go to Yonkers PC Richards as long as Oscar and Craig are working there. Oscar is an amazing general manager and Craig is the only person I will speak with as it relates to kitchen appliances. I have moved 3 times and have purchased new appliances from him every time. Additionally, my father who has a few investment properties has visited Craig multiple times. They are always knowledgeable, honest, trustworthy and efficient. To find an expert in the ever changing industry is not an easy task so for PC Richards to retain two of the best is quite a feat.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Good technical knowledge and great attitude of all salesmen. TV was in sales and got very good deal. Also, I was offered a deal on the extended warranty and got a full explanation on how it worked. The salesperson checked the screen of the tv before they helped me put it in the car.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

We were in the process of buying new kitchen appliances (range, dishwasher and fridge). First we went to the union location on Rt. 22. The sales person there was very helpful, but we decided to go to the Carteret location to see about getting what we were looking for on clearance. We were approached by Osei and told he would help us with everything. He was very patient and helpful. After going back and forth with what were wanted he was able to help us get everything under our budget with the help of his manager Bob.

Before the appliances were delivered Osei called to remind us of the delivery and what to expect. Once the appliances arrived we were very happy until we noticed the plug on the fridge we purchased was damaged (we did purchases a fridge which was damaged but were unaware the plug was bent). I called the store and spoke with Bob about the issue. I told him everything was great except for this issue which I know wasn’t hidden from us on purpose. He said he agreed and was very open to listen to suggestions on how to resolve the issue. We both agreed on replacing the fridge with another one (same model) and also able to extend my warranty.

Overall both my wife and I are very happy with our purchases. Both Osei and Bob treated us as if we were their only customers and took ownership of the problem and worked until it was resolved with a reasonable outcome for both us and them. We have used P.C. Richard for most of our purchases and will continue to be customers especially after this past experience.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Joe was very helpful and professional. He worked hard to find the best appliances and prices. He gave us additional information on the extended warranty plans. If I have to make any additional purchases. I would highly recommend PC Richards to my friends and family. I would recommend Joe as the salesperson to see.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

The delivery as stated was on time and the installation took less then was anticipated. We are very happy with the purchase of our new stove, the delivery and the installation. Thank you very much, we will definitely purchase from PC Richards again.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

I went to PC Richard because I needed appliances. Steve helped me with patience and knowledge. I’m so happy I went there to buy what I needed. I went to the store in Riverhead, it was very clean and they play great music.

P.C. Richard & Son Company Information

150 Price Pkwy
Farmingdale
NY
www.pcrichard.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use