Call toll free
4.63/5
Based on 451 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

In 1909, P.C. Richard & Son started a family owned business that has been passed down for five generations and continues to stand by three key principles today. Our company was built on honesty, integrity, and reliability.

P.C. Richard & Son has a service center for electronics and appliances. We also have a call center to serve our customers the way they deserve to be treated and handled after the sale. Let us take care of your appliance, electronics and mattress needs.

P.C. Richard & Son Video
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

2321 P.C. Richard & Son Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Mustaque ** was incredibly helpful and made the buying experience seamless! We are converting our electric dryer to a gas one. He was very knowledgeable. I will definitely go back to PC Richard & Son in the future to buy any appliance we need.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

The salesman was very polite, helpful and knowledgeable. I received a price quote at Home Depot and the salesman was able to match it which is the reason why I decided to buy the washer at PC Richards. Plus the delivery is scheduled for Thursday. Since my old machine isn't working, I need a new washer as soon as possible.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Thanks to Jamie and Deepak from the Woodside Queens store for helping me purchase my new Samsung 55 inch Q 4K TV. They stole me away from Best Buy with their customer service. Invoice **. I am a long time customer of this store having purchased all my kitchen appliances and air conditioners from this store.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I had a great shopping experience with sales associate Kevin from the Carteret store, It is a place that I will recommend other business associates to. Location was not to hard to find and building very visible. Clean and friendly environment with good staff.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I visited the Carteret store on 8/9/18. I had questions regarding an issue with an order. The manager quickly came over to help. There was also a young women at Customer Service. Everyone was so pleasant and so professional. They worked quickly making sure we were comfortable with all decisions. It is employees like this that makes me want to come back and continue shopping at PC Richard.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about P.C. Richard & Son?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

We ordered on 8/4/2018 a Maytag Washer and a LG Dryer. George (kevork) ** is the salesman that helped us with our order. He was so nice and helpful. He is a pleasure to do business with. We would highly recommend him. Unfortunately, in this day and age customers are too quick to criticize but we wanted you made aware of this great salesman that you have in your Paramus store.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

My experience with P.C. Richards has always been good, but yesterday was exceptional. While looking for a new refrigerator I was greeted by a young man: Tyrone. He met me with a warm smile & firm hand shake; then listened to what my needs & wishes were regarding a purchase. Tyrone offered many choices, providing the information, options, deliveries & warranties related to each item. After narrowing down the best refrigerator for my needs; I was comfortable making my purchase. Thank you Tyrone for your wisdom, patience & professionalism. I will look for you with future purchases & recommend you with confidence!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Excellent, fast, efficient service by rep. who explained all aspects of my purchase. Offered various lengths warranties concerning the product. As refrigerator has to fit into a restricted space, assured me it would fit based on the measurements I gave him.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I'm always glad to go to this store. Joe, Kevin and Bob are always helping me to buy Tv's, appliances, mattress and everything that I need all the time. I do not need to go anywhere else to find what I'm looking for. Thank you so much for your time and patience.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

From beginning to end it was a complete pleasure working with the staff at PC Richard. Very helpful in advising which products would be best for me. As usual I am again a very satisfied customer. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

It is rare for me but when I have a good experience with a dealer I want to let it be known. I was shopping online for a new large air conditioner and decided to stop into PC Richard in Orange CT to see what was available. I was met by Justin and we talked about my needs. He showed me my options and pricing. He had such a good positive attitude that I decided to write the order with him right there and then and gave up whatever bonus I could have earned through Ebates with an online purchase.

We completed the sale, made arrangements for the delivery and found out that the delivery charge was cheaper on line so he made an adjustment to my purchase. The follow up on the sale and the call he made last night to confirm my delivery time continued to impress me. Today I received a call from the delivery company confirming my delivery time and I got a 30 minute warning call letting me know they were on the way. They ended up being about an hour late but it was so blistering hot that I could understand the delay. The guys quickly delivered my AC into my living room and took back my old unit for disposal. The whole experience was a positive one and I will keep PC Richard in mind for future needs.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

These guys were fantastic! They delivered with superb care to my new floors and removed old refrigerator all without a single scratch!!! I'm very happy to report a job well done! They took care in installing the handles as well.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

My ancient washing machine recently gave up the ghost, giving me the opportunity to get a new one. My first choice was P.C. Richards because I have always gotten outstanding service there. I bought the machine on Thursday and was able to do laundry on my brand new machine on Saturday! The delivery guys were fabulous, taking less than 30 minutes! This is my GO-TO place for all appliances.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Purchased an LG 49" smart TV at P.C. Richard Gateway Mall branch on 06/29/18, on getting home I discovered the TV was bigger than the TV stand I had in my bedroom. My husband suggested we get a bigger TV stand, but considering the extra cost we later decided to return the TV for a smaller size. Due to my husband tight schedule at work, we could not return the TV until 7 days/a week.

Was surprised when the TV was plugged and was blanked. We never plug this TV in my house, not even once, because it doesn't fit where to be placed for testing. The branch manager of this branch is a suck, he only came to the scene and said there's nothing to be done that we should go with the TV despite one year manufacturer warranty. Continue to see this item in my house with the fact that I was charged for an item I did not use so much saddened my heart being my second terrible experience with P.C. Richard. Which someone can just take this trauma off me. My candid advice is be careful how you deal with them. TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

Sony 75 inch TV 850e - Dwayne took care of me and I was very satisfied with all he did. I would recommend for people to go to PC Richard. They say they can match any price and they actually beat the competitors. I will shop there again anytime.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I purchased a refrigerator, oven and range hood. The salesman (2) were excellent. The delivery and setup of the items were excellent. I purchased service contracts for the refrigerator and the oven. I have a dishwasher that I had purchased from PC and found the service excellent.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Was in search of a reliable Washer. Found my Maytag at PC Richard's. Ordered online with the Chat Feature assist, Tania was awesome! It was delivered in 2 days! Delivery DRIVERS... They went Above and Beyond. I will continue to buy at PC Richard's!!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Our washing machine was still under warranty when it began to not work properly. Determining that it could not be repaired, P.C. Richard gave us full credit for the original purchase price. We used the credit to replace our washing machine with a brand new one! We received prompt courteous resolution to our problem. At the store, when we visited to select our new machine the salesman and manger were extremely helpful. We give the highest praise for all the employees as well as honoring our original warranty to its fullest!

Insufficient response received
Original review: July 30, 2018

The staff just wants to sell products and warranties. Once sold if you have a problem you are on your own. Shortly after buying an LG Washer in 2013 I could not use the washer due to the push buttons were not engaging the machine to work. They came and fixed it. Two weeks. I don’t have the exact dates, but now 4 times the agitator has detached itself. The last time I called, on May 19, 2018, I spoke to Elisa in the service department. When I told her it’s the same problem as previous times, she said at that time she was going to order a pulsator. Two weeks went by and I didn’t hear anything. On June 10, 2018 I called service again and this time spoke to Kimberly. I expressed my frustration and told her I’d like to speak to a manager. She told me someone would call me back.

Guess what? They didn’t, instead I received a text message saying that they will be on my house that Friday to fix the machine. The guy that came to my house walked in empty handed, no part and said he was going to glue the pulsator as a quick fix. Well today the part is broken again. I spoke to a Debra at the Lake Grove store and expressed that I would like to speak to a manager due to the service department is closed and as per their phone system, I was directed to speak to the store. Well the manager on duty was Randy. He wouldn’t come to the phone. I expressed that I work outside and was not able to call, all Debra would do was apologize. Now how stupid are these people? 4 houses, yep, I have 4 houses and for each one I used P.C. Richard. Not anymore. I have to say, now I go to Home Depot. Much better service.

P.C. Richard & Son response

Hello Michelle,

I believe the store manager has sent you an email, along with a voicemail to assist in resolving this issue. Can you please confirm whether or not you have received these messages? Thank you very much.

Original review: July 25, 2018

The salesmen were very helpful and worked with me to make the purchase I came for in a timely manner. I would definitely be coming back to this PC Richard location in the future for more purchases. I will be telling my family and friends about this location.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I recently purchase an air conditioner and I have to say my purchase, installation and delivery was amazing! I had ordered the wrong size and I had to call back. They made it so easy!! PC Richard rocks!!! Will definitely purchase online again!!!

Original review: July 22, 2018

I bought an air conditioner - and everyone was spectacular, from the salespeople, delivery/installers, and the manager. They are fair, super efficient, and even kind! The ac works great, and I am now a loyal PC Richard fan - if they sell it, that’s where I’ll buy it. Thank you PC Richard!

Original review: July 21, 2018

I, along with my wife went shopping for a replacement refrigerator/freezer. Our salesperson, Vinod was very accommodating and knowledgeable. I liked the way he responded to our questions and his personable approach to doing his job. I plan to ask for Mr. Vinod when I return To P. C. Richard & Son for my next purchase.

Original review: July 21, 2018

We were pleasantly greeted as we entered the store. Initially I was looking for the salesperson we had for our last transaction. Vinod (**) approached us also in a non-high pressure manner which is extremely important to us. Again we had a salesperson who was both accommodating for our particular needs and had knowledge about the products. At our interest for future purchases, Vinod showed us other appliances that went along with the color of the item we had purchased. This again was a good experience at P.C. Richard's in Mt. Laurel.

Original review: July 20, 2018

P.C. Richard & Son is our go to place for our household appliance needs! Eddie at the Jersey City is our. He is so helpful and enthusiastic! I won't change P.C. Richard for anything. I should add the financing arrangement is an added benefit... We have made at least 12 purchases in the last 2 years!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 19, 2018

I have been a long time customer of P.C. Richard & Son. I am having serious issues with the service center. My refrigerator needs to a part and when they came to my house for the service call it was the wrong part. They told me they would order the part and it would be here this week. It's now a week later and they are telling me it's on back order. All the things in my refrigerator are going bad. Every time I call the service center they put me on hold and then hang up. I can't believe this is the service I'm getting. Multiple calls and attempts and no one is providing me any type of solutions. I'm not sure how much longer I will be a customer of P.C. Richard & Son if this continues.

Original review: July 15, 2018

I’ve been shopping at PC Richards for over 10 yrs. and Craig ** is the reason for our continued loyalty. He is courteous, professional and truly takes customer service to the next level. If there was ever a problem with an item he immediately stepped in to help ease the stress. I refer all my family and friends to him regardless where they live. He is a true asset to the PC Richard family.

Original review: July 15, 2018

We had a very nice experience purchasing this KitchenAid refrigerator from Dino at PC Richards in Wayne. He was very knowledgeable and answered all of our questions regarding the different models we evaluated. Delivery was on time and the installers did a nice job. Very happy with the overall experience. Thank You.

Original review: July 14, 2018

Bought a Samsung washing machine. Delivered and installed on time with a smile. The whole process was wonderful from the sales dept to installation. Would always use P.C. Richard. They are great on every level. The best shopping experience.

Original review: July 14, 2018

When I walked into the store, I greeted by Dawn. She was extremely pleasant and a delight to work with. I told her I wasn't sure if I wanted/needed to buy a new mattress, box spring and frame. She gave me a mattress test to see which firmness I liked. We worked together and I left knowing which mattress I would possibly purchase. I came back the next day and worked with Dawn. Delivery was a few days later and the two men were polite, experienced and most accommodating. I slept very well that night. I will definitely recommend PC Richard. It was a wonderful experience.

P.C. Richard & Son Company Information

150 Price Pkwy
Farmingdale
NY
www.pcrichard.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business