4.11/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

In 1909, P.C. Richard & Son started a family owned business that has been passed down for five generations and continues to stand by three key principles today. Our company was built on honesty, integrity, and reliability.

P.C. Richard & Son has a service center for electronics and appliances. We also have a call center to serve our customers the way they deserve to be treated and handled after the sale. Let us take care of your appliance, electronics and mattress needs.

P.C. Richard & Son Video
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

2482 P.C. Richard & Son Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 28, 2019

I have been making all of my major appliance and big ticket electronics purchases from PC Richard & Son for many, MANY years. On Friday, 4/26/19, after reading countless reviews on different products, I was ready to purchase a dryer, a refrigerator and a dishwasher. I also needed a few accessories and I purchased the extended 5 year service contracts for each item. Not comfortable scheduling the delivery and installation online, I called the customer service number to make the arrangements. I spoke with a lovely lady named AnnMarie ** who was so sweet and knowledgeable, and she really went above and beyond the call. Unbeknownst to me, there was an outage in my area so my phone service kept disconnecting. AnnMarie had to call me back 4 times to complete my purchase, and she got my delivery scheduled for the very next day - on a Saturday! God bless you AnnMarie!

My delivery was scheduled between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. I didn't know it at the time, but the truck that my appliances were on broke down so another team of installers had to get them off the other truck and take over the job. I believe this was an act of divine intervention because Victor and Omar were amazing! The dryer and refrigerator installations went off without a hitch. They only had to remove my kitchen door to fit the fridge through but have clearly done so many times before. The house I live in is quite old so when Victor pulled out the old dishwasher, the connection was anything but standard.

Luckily he was up to the challenge and he and Omar were able to get it up and running. Victor said that the team who was supposed to do the installation originally would probably have refused and made me call a plumber. I'm disabled and on a fixed income and Victor understood how important it was for me to have the dishwasher because standing to wash dishes was killing my back. God bless you Victor and Omar! As an added bonus, Victor and Omar are cousins and enjoy picking on each other. They were so funny and very entertaining and it was clear that they really enjoy working together. I got new appliances professionally installed and a free comedy show! Thank you P.C. Richard for hiring such wonderful people!

P.C. Richard & Son response

Thank you for the great shout out, Laura!

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I bought Samsung Washing Machine on Dec 2009 from PC Richard & Son Woodbridge, NJ along with PC Richard & Son extended Warranty for 10 years. My Dishwasher was not working properly in Jan 2019 and tried all the draining procedures and but was of no use. I accidentally remembered that I purchased the extended warranty and called PC Richard & son for a service appointment. They understood the issue and thought it could be a drain pump issue and ordered a new one. The tech came and found that it was an issue with the washing basket assembly has broken and told he will order the parts and come again for fixing it. The appointment was fixed after a week.

On the appointment day the tech called me and told that the washer part was not available as the model was discontinued and I will be given a store credit for the washer as per the contract agreement and I have to purchase a new one. I thought that the credit will be less and I was prepared to pay the difference to buy a new one. To my surprise, PC Richard & son give the entire cost of the washer I paid + the tax I paid. This happened in Jan 2019, after 9 years of my purchase. This is my first good experience of this kind. The Store Manager Mr. ** and the Sales Rep Pushpika was kind enough to go through the procedure and helped me to place the new order, of-course with a new PC Richard & Son extended warranty. Just wanted to share my experience with others, to make believe retail stores still exists, other than online, doing an excellent customer service. Thanks.

P.C. Richard & Son response

I am so happy to hear you had a great experience! We look forward to assisting you again!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Store 66 2399 Richmond Avenue Staten Island, NY 10314 Heartland Village. The one near the mall. Amazing Sales and Customer service. I been going to this store for over 11 years. ** is my sales rep is knowledgeable, patient awesome salesman. He IS the reason I come back again and again to the Staten Island store. 11 years ago I went in and met him. He I became almost like friends and business partners. He sells me the best I can afford. At really competitive prices. I used to live in Staten Island then I moved to New Jersey. I now drive to Staten Island when I need to buy something to see **. I just did this Labor Day for my new 4 piece LG black stainless steel kitchen. I have spent nearly 20k in this store. In the past 11 years. Over the years I have moved a bit.

I have bought from ** 3 blue ray players, HD video player, 1 stackable washer dryer, 1 Samsung front loading washer, 1 front loading dryer with bases, Samsung 52 inch tv, a 40 inch tv 9/18 - a 4 PIECE LG black stainless stainless steel kitchen, fridge/dishwasher/micro hood range/stove, 3 other refrigerators LG/Samsung/whirlpool, 1 mini fridge, a home theater massage chair, a dehumidifier, Bissell Crosswave, Onkyo 4 HDMI home there receiver, Bose CineMate system, toaster, Big Sony boom box, Monster Cable home theater power conditioner and surge protector, various high end HDMI cables and other surge protectors, Panasonic home phone. I have OLED big screen TV purchase also in my future 2019.

I went 1 time to the store near me in New Jersey. It just was not the same. This is the only store I shop for my appliances and ** is the only guy I talk directly to. I always buy the warranties because sometimes they def payout. My 52 inch tv had a problem I think 2 years in. They came and took care of it for me. The P.C. Richard card is great. It lets me buy upfront and pay off little by little. It how I paid for all of this over the years. I buy and pay it off buy and pay it off. I can't say enough good things about the store and its staff. Shop this store for all your home good needs. Ask for my guy ** at STORE 66! He's got the know so you can buy with peace of mind and go home happy. Thanks **. You rock dude. Always patient and knowledgeable!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

It is rare for me but when I have a good experience with a dealer I want to let it be known. I was shopping online for a new large air conditioner and decided to stop into PC Richard in Orange CT to see what was available. I was met by Justin and we talked about my needs. He showed me my options and pricing. He had such a good positive attitude that I decided to write the order with him right there and then and gave up whatever bonus I could have earned through Ebates with an online purchase.

We completed the sale, made arrangements for the delivery and found out that the delivery charge was cheaper on line so he made an adjustment to my purchase. The follow up on the sale and the call he made last night to confirm my delivery time continued to impress me. Today I received a call from the delivery company confirming my delivery time and I got a 30 minute warning call letting me know they were on the way. They ended up being about an hour late but it was so blistering hot that I could understand the delay. The guys quickly delivered my AC into my living room and took back my old unit for disposal. The whole experience was a positive one and I will keep PC Richard in mind for future needs.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I have previously made several purchases at PC Richard and been satisfied each time. This time there was an problem but I was left me more than satisfied. We were remodeling our kitchen and worked with Salesman Anthony **, who was informative, easy to work with, made sure we received a good price (including finding not well publicized rebates) for a KitchenAid refrigerator, oven and microwave. Soon after they were delivered I noticed frost forming in the freezer. I contacted the store the Tuesday before Memorial Day and informed them. Within 48 hours they had sent service techs to our house and determined that the seals were not tight enough and offered to replace it.

We were resigned to the fact that given the holiday weekend we would have to be without a refrigerator (and working ice and water while the sink was out of commission due to the remodel) until sometime well after the holiday. However soon after the service techs left (on a Thursday afternoon) I received a call from the store which proceeded to schedule delivery of the replacement that Saturday. By Saturday afternoon we had a working refrigerator (with ice and water!). The true measure of a company is not how they do when things go perfectly, but how they respond when they do not (even though the issue with the refrigerator was clearly not their "fault"). I was delighted with the response and far more than satisfied with my purchases, our salesman and the service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about P.C. Richard & Son?

Original review: May 21, 2019

I searched and could not find the Samsung MC17J8000CS/AA Convection Microwave available in any of the retailer without waiting 2 weeks for delivery. I made the purchase anyway. However PC Richard in Carteret NJ had it in stock and the taxes were only 3.5%. The Supervisor Bob ** was excellent and even matched the lowest price I found. So I purchased and picked it up the same day and canceled the other retail order. I am very pleased with the customer care they afforded me. (I Can't remember the sales person's name but I remember what he looks like and will be looking for him next time around.) The microwave was a hit with the Mrs. and it looks great above my Range. Thanks for the outstanding service and I will definitely be doing business for my household needs with them as I have a few home remods planned in the very near future.

Original review: May 21, 2019

They were wonderful. They repaired my refrigerator several times and once it was deemed unrepairable, they replaced the fridge. The customer service on the phone was very good and the repair men were very professional. I would highly recommend PC Richard. Always buy the extra warranty on any appliances.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 17, 2019

Purchased a GE range on April 30. Bottom storage drawer came defective. Twice they sent someone from the service center. First guy said that’s how they were manufactured. Really????!!! Second guy tried to fix it and then said it’s damaged, I need a new one. Well the run around was endless. Needless to say, I’m still waiting and it’s May 17! Steinway’s PC Richard manager wouldn’t get on the phone. Busy I was told. The one who sold it to me, was quick to tell me call service center. Service center just keep telling me “sorry”. Absolutely not acceptable!

Now waiting to hear from GE to give approval for exchange... Approval! Seriously!! I get a defective range and I have to wait for an approval to get a new one... Never again! I’ve been a loyal customer for years. I will never go there again and will make sure to let friends and family know not to purchase anything at PC Richard.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 15, 2019

I bought the newest Sony TV at PC Richards, 86 Street Broadway, NY. The TV is great, but the salesperson insisted that I must buy a soundbar since the sound of the TV was according to this salesperson just awful. It was difficult to judge in a store where so many TVs are on display with the sound on and so I bought the soundbar. From the very beginning I hated the soundbar, the sound was much too deep and even with the "clearing the sound" button it sounded wrong.

After months the battery of the remote control for the soundbar ceased and I tried the TV sound. What a pleasant surprise--the sound was clear, natural, crisp--just right for my sensitive ears. But what a bad customer service. A big lie to get a higher commission. Of course he also wanted to sell insurance for years to come - but here he could not get me to sign-up. Final thoughts: Yes, you can buy at PC Richards, but don't buy anything else than you intended to buy. The TV's are absolutely great without soundbars and insurance.

Original review: May 10, 2019

Needed a refrigerator asap. Went to a local store and placed the order. Kept waiting longer than expected. I decided to call PC Richard and was delighted to find out that the exact one was in stock and could be delivered within a couple days! I cancelled the original order and ordered thru PC Richard and Son. It was delivered within 2 days by deliverymen who were professional and careful bringing it into the house. I am very happy with this refrigerator (Samsung) and the price is the lowest around!

Original review: May 10, 2019

From beginning to the end, the service was awesome. The young lady that help me to create a service call down to the tech that came to my home. Watchung NJ PC Richard's rock. I have not 1 bad thing to say about my experience.

Original review: May 10, 2019

I ordered TV 2 weeks ago. It was LG SK9000 55”. TV was on SALE and I thought that I found a great deal! Today I finally received my order. Box was damaged - I made a video and photos - and then I opened a box. Tv screen was broken. And I opened P.C. Richard website and tried to create a return request - and know what? Their website can’t find my order number and email- perfect service???? I lost 2 weeks, lost my money and great deals from other stores. I hope they will change that tv as soon as possible...

Original review: May 5, 2019

We spent our entire day shopping in big box stores for a new dishwasher. Needless to say we found it impossible to get help or find anyone who worked in the appliance department with any knowledge on the appliances they were selling! WELL THAT ALL CHANGED WHEN WE WENT INTO PC RICHARD ON ROUTE 440 IN JERSEY CITY! As we entered the store we were greeted by an extremely nice gentleman - his name is Benny, who was more than willing to help us. He took us right over to the dishwashers, asked us what we were interested in and answered all of our questions. He looked up videos to show us how different functions worked, talked to us about pros and cons of different brands etc. At no point was he pushy or just trying to make a sale!

Benny I thank you and the other gentleman who spoke to us! You have a customer for life! We are excited to get our new appliance and on the way out my husband decided it is time to replace our air conditioner. Once he checks the measurements we will be back to see you! Have a wonderful evening and thank you for your help, knowledge and professionalism! Sincerely, The ** Family. Bayonne, N.J.

P.C. Richard & Son response

Thank you for the great review, Rose!

Original review: May 1, 2019

Driver dropped off new appliance and refused to take old one, I called him back and asked why is he not going to take the old one back and he said I had to pay. RUDE, DISRESPECTFUL, OBNOXIOUS both driver and helper. Delivery driver ** in the Bronx and helper.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I have found PC Richard to be a wonderful shopping experience: large stock, competitive prices, quick deliveries, and competent installation, every time. I especially appreciate the salesman named Garth. He is very knowledgeable about products, takes whatever time you need to be helped to a decision, is personally and customer friendly. He has really gone beyond the call of duty in helping me get a satisfactory resolution when there was a problem with a purchase (rare, and not PC Richards fault). I buy all my major and minor appliances, TV’S, etc. from PC RICHARD.

P.C. Richard & Son response

Thank you for the awesome review, Douglas!

Original review: April 28, 2019

Excellent service by Mike and Patrick in the Oceanside store. They made every attempt to rectify matters. Was pleased with all the efforts made on our behalf with this purchase. Kudos to Mike, Patrick and all Jan. Caring sales staff!!!!

P.C. Richard & Son response

Thank you for the awesome review, Paula!

Original review: April 27, 2019

If you want the best shopping experience ever go to P.C. Richard. Our salesman Phillip on on 4/15/19 and 4/17/19 was very knowledgeable and helpful. I did not feel at all pressured. Thanks to Phillip I am completely satisfied with my purchase of a washing machine and HD TV. He was one of the best salesmen I have ever encountered. Steve, the manager, came to my aid when there was a minor snafu that was the fault of no one in the store. He was very caring and did his best to straighten it out. Even the delivery service was great. I was given a small window of time for when I could expect my purchase and I was kept informed throughout. The delivery men Wellington and Francisco were polite and very competent. I will never go anywhere else but P.C. Richard in Rockville Centre, NY.

Ellen

Written 4/27/19

Original review: April 27, 2019

I just purchased a window A/C unit and received great service from Dean at the Elwood store. He and the staff are knowledgeable and the selection is great. They went above and beyond to ensure that I was satisfied and left with the right product for me. Prices seem competitive.

P.C. Richard & Son response

Thank you for the kind review, Charles!

Original review: April 24, 2019

Today we shopped at the West New York store and had great experience of meeting a salesman named Eric. Our original contact at this store retired and so this was our first shopping day without Ruben. Well happy to say, Eric was outstanding. He was knowledgeable, friendly and very helpful. We purchased a new stove and will be back very soon to purchase a refrigerator and grill and now look forward to contacting Eric to make the purchases. Also today we met a manager, Luis and he too was outstanding. We will recommend this store to all our friends and family and most certainly we will be back. Fred and Patricia

P.C. Richard & Son response

Thank you for the great shout out for Eric!

Original review: April 23, 2019

If you're buying something from PC Richard, make sure you are DEFINITELY planning to use it. You don't want to have to return it since they'll rip you off on return shipping and may not even take the item back.

Original review: April 23, 2019

We have bought few appliances from Wayne P.C. Richard & Son, few months ago. Salesman (Dilip **) listen our needs very carefully and explained pros & cons about the other manufacturers appliances. And he suggested Samsung refrigerator that was feet in my kitchen. My wife is so picky (you know women) but surprisingly she agreed with salesman!! Well if she is happy, I’m happy too!! My daughter is trying to buy gas stove & dishwasher, I suggested her to visit one time to Wayne store and talk to Dilip (salesmen) and see if you don’t like in your price range, don’t buy it. Salesman helped us to open an for CC. I’m very glad to visit PC in Wayne store.

P.C. Richard & Son response

Thank you for the great review, Kumar!

Original review: April 20, 2019

I went online purchases Avanti 24 inch Gas Range. First time using the oven. It was off by 50 degrees. Went to store and bought a new oven temp thermometer. After a few more uses the pilot light would go off while the food was in oven. Anyway I called P.C. Richard. Very nice. They were going to send a technician to service next day. I receive a call that they would replace it. Of course not the same brand. The lady called me after one hour and told me that I could go to the store or call online number to replace my Range. That was nice. I went online choose. New range.

Called the online purchases rep and she took all info and told me I can have delivered anytime. I told her It would have to be Saturday since I have cooking to do for Easter dinner. She understood. On this purchase I decided to add on 3 years of repair but I had to pay more money for the new range of was not fair but whatever I did. Today I called customer service to check on my delivery. They told me I was not on the delivery sheet. The only thing was I am sorry. In the meanwhile I have a dinner and food to bake. I'm using my neighbor oven my mom's and my sister. Thankyou P.C. Richard and Thankyou to the woman who took my order. I will not mention her. Happy Easter for ** It up for me.

Hello Patricia,

A refund amount of $104.57 has been refunded back onto your P.C. Richard & Son credit card. Please allow 3-5 business days for it to show on your account.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I needed a new dishwasher. Walked in to the Upper West Side branch, met salesman Abu. He very patiently explained the different models that interested me and answered all my questions. Arranged delivery which went very smoothly: the installers were polite and efficient and knowledgeable. I returned to thank Abu. This is my second appliance purchase at this branch and I recommend it.

P.C. Richard & Son response

Thank you for the great shout out, Kay!

Original review: April 15, 2019

I was told my dishwasher could not be repaired and it would be replaced. Then I am told the dollar amount was below what I originally paid. It has been over 3 weeks with no dishwasher and no resolution. I am not happy with the way P.C. Richard & Son is handling this. It is a big thorn in my side. There is a lot more to the story, but there isn't enough room here to write it all down. I hope they can make this right and do more than just replace the old dishwasher. They are about to lose me as a customer. A loyal customer for decades.

Original review: April 12, 2019

Bob **, Marty, Charlie are the best sales people in the RVC store. They are very knowledgeable and trustworthy . P.C. Richard is the best store to buy your electronics & appliances from. It is the best. If you need anything, go to that store and ask for them to help you with your purchases.

P.C. Richard & Son response

Thank you for the great review, Joseph!

Original review: April 11, 2019

Today I had a service tech come and repair my GE fridge. His name was Edwin and was thorough efficient and knowledgeable. Diagnosed problem, replaced fan motor and had it fixed in no time. Thanks PC Richard and the GE tech Edwin who called ahead and arrived inside the appointment window I was given.

P.C. Richard & Son response

Thank you for the very nice review!

Original review: April 11, 2019

It is rare to find a Sales Counselor so professional as Bryan **. Bryan demonstrated sales skills that any customer would want when they go to a PC Richard. He was extremely professional, always interested in my needs as a customer, knowledgeable with the product details (microwave oven), offered the pros and cons of specific products, and made sure I would be happy with my purchase. Bryan is an asset to PC Richard and trust he will be acknowledged for his skillful selling efforts. Mary Ann **.

P.C. Richard & Son response

Thank you for the nice review Mary Ann!

Original review: April 7, 2019

We recently went to PC Richard at Forest Hills location to purchase a full kitchen appliances and was assisted by Raza, what a great experience! Raza is very knowledgeable, patient and helpful! Thank you! Raza is an asset to PC Richard, he truly made the shopping experience wonderful!

P.C. Richard & Son response

Thank you for the very nice review, Edith!

Original review: April 4, 2019

Jesse ** is a total pleasure to work with. He is very knowledgeable and looks out for his customers. All my friends and family use Jesse. I have always received positive feedback when I recommend him. P.C Richard has the best service contract. Their staff is attentive and well trained. I wish other companies would follow their example. I will only shop for appliances at P.C.Richard.

P.C. Richard & Son response

Thank you for the great review, Joe!

Original review: March 30, 2019

My window was a Saturday 7 am to 4 pm. Showed up at 2. Had to order part. Next appt to install part Saturday 7-12. No one showed up. Dispatcher upset with me when I called at 1130 for a status and was told “It’s not noon yet Ma’am...." At 1230 I had to cancel because no one could tell me if he would show up. Mgr apologized and said, "How 'bout Tuesday 530?" So come Tuesday I left work early to be here and NO ONE ever showed up, apparently someone on their end cancelled my appt.

So here we are another Saturday. This time they were going to make my first appt so I wouldn’t waste my day. Well tech just called 930 am. He is an hour away and should be here by 11. The most ridiculous company I have ever dealt with and beyond. Appalled at the treatment I have received and even more appalled is they don’t care. If the shoe was on the other foot and they had to take time off for a warranty repair and lose money I assume things would be different.

P.C. Richard & Son Company Information