4.5/5 (2555 ratings)

About P.C. Richard & Son

P.C. Richard & Son is a family-owned appliance and electronics business that’s been around since 1909. The company offers many products and services, including a product servicing center. P.C. Ricard has limited store locations, but you can buy online and get free shipping on orders over $49.

Pros

• Many product options
  • Free shipping over $49
  • Financing options

Cons

• Limited store locations
  • Discount terms apply

Bottom Line

P.C. Richard & Son provides a multitude of products and services at an affordable price. It’s ideal for customers looking for appliances or electronics, and its financing options and discount programs offset total costs.

Top P.C. Richard & Son Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

During these tough times It's great to be able to buy the things you want and need. The managers and salespeople are doing their best to help you make the correct decision and get...

Verified

… Andre went above and beyond to ensure that my refrigerator was replaced per the extended warranty when I recently had an issue. The store manager John was also of great assistan...

What is P.C. Richard & Son?

P.C. Richard & Son is a shop that sells various appliances, electronics, furniture and more, including stoves, mattresses, smart home technology and fitness equipment. You can shop P.C. Richard’s selection online or at one of its tri-state or Pennsylvania-area stores.

P.C. Richard provides free curbside pickup and certified installation services as well as a multitude of payment options, including rebate, layaway and financing opportunities. It also offers a low-price guarantee and extended warranty protection on select products.

P.C. Richard products

You can purchase a wide variety of products from P.C. Richard, including products in categories like:

• Home appliances
  • Video games
  • Home office
  • Car audio
  • Health and fitness

If you can’t find what you need at a P.C. Richard store, it may be available on the company’s website.

P.C. Richard installation cost

P.C. Richard’s total installation price varies based on product and location, but several discounts and financing packages are available to offset the cost. For instance, if you use a P.C. Richard credit card to fund your purchase and installation, you receive a special financing rate for 24 months (for products over $499). The company also offers military and emergency responder discounts that can go toward installation costs.

P.C. Richard FAQ

Does P.C. Richard price match?
P.C. Richard offers a low-price guarantee. If a competitor advertises a better price, the company will refund 100% of the difference.
Does P.C. Richard offer free delivery?
You get free shipping for purchases over $49 (excluding major appliances, select televisions, mattresses, grills, game consoles and some other products). P.C. Richard offers same-day and next-day delivery.
Where is P.C. Richard located?
P.C. Richard has stores in Connecticut, New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. You can find the store nearest you on the company's website.
Does P.C. Richard offer senior discounts?
No, P.C. Richard doesn’t provide senior discounts. However, you can take advantage of other company coupons and discounts online and in-store.
Does P.C. Richard install car stereos?
Yes, P.C. Richard partners with 44 mobile installation centers in the New York metro area. The company offers lifetime warranties with its professional car stereo installations.

Is P.C. Richard worth it?

Because the company offers a wealth of products and services as well as significant discounts, financing opportunities, free shipping and installation services, many customers find their P.C. Richard purchases worth it. However, if you don’t qualify for its financing or discount programs, the cost of P.C. Richard appliances and larger products may be beyond your budget.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about P.C. Richard & Son?

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

Winsome ** helped me try out and choose a new bed, giving me valuable information, answering my questions with patience and kindness and giving me ample time to sample the mattresses and adjustable bases. We settled on a base which has the advantage of easy portability for delivery because it folds in half for being carried up my twisty staircase. Then manager Sara added a mattress cover and two pillows and put the deal together; the ladies charged my P. C. Richard and Son credit card and gave me time to repay in monthly installments with no finance charge. I very much appreciate the friendliness and courtesy shown me by Winsome and Sara and I look forward to enjoying my new bed.

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

I contacted your Levittown store at the recommendation of a local appliance repairman who suggested that rather than put extensive repairs into an antiquated appliance, that Adrian of your staff should be able to find me a direct replacement without requiring modification of cabinets. He was right. Adrian found that what I wanted was not in stock, but he went out of his way to contact the manufacturer's warehouse to find out if they had what I wanted in stock and how quickly they could ship it to the PCR warehouse. Due to his efforts to expedite, he was able to have the wall oven delivered and installed within a week. Adrian should be commended for the extra efforts he put in on my behalf. Without that I could not have gotten what I needed so quickly. I much appreciate all he did.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

I ordered the oven three or four months ago but I know it wasn't the store's fault that it took so long to come in. The technicians showed up on time and worked hard. I was nervous that they were technicians and not licensed plumbers, but they seemed to know what they were doing. I particularly appreciated Omar from the P.C. Richards store calling afterwards to check that everything had gone well.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

Mr. ** Sales Assoc. was Efficient, with Knowledgeable of what Size AC I should purchase for my Condo. It is with sincere appreciation and thanks to a men like Mr ** that I shall continue to purchase from P. C Richard and Son and to recommend others.

Cheers,

Marie

Hello Marie,

Thank you for taking the time to post a positive review regarding your experience! We appreciate your business at P.C. Richard & Son!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

I had an excellent experience purchasing many items for my home last month. Dwayne is a wonderful salesman, who was very helpful and accomodating. He was easily available when I needed to change my order and delivery status. Even when he was not at work he would answer his phone and resolve the problem until I was satisfied.

Hello Helen,

We are happy to hear about your experience! Thank you for sharing it, and thank you for shopping at P.C. Richard & Son!

Original review: May 26, 2022

On or about June 8th I ordered/purchased a Subzero refrigerator. The delivery date was changed quite a few times, I was assured that March 21 would be a delivery date, a representative called me and stated that refrigerator is in stock at the distributor and delivery is scheduled for March 21, 2021. Around March 13th same person called me and informed that Subzero "pulled out" the stock and refrigerator is no longer available. I reached out to Subzero and was told that they do not deal directly with P.C. Richard's only with distributor and the information I received was incorrect. Next few weeks passed by and I went to the store in person, and spoke with manager named Pedro, who was kind enough and spent time with me.

Next day he called me back and informed me that my refrigerator "just arrived to the warehouse". Delivery was scheduled on May 25th, 2022 between 11am and 2 pm with 2 emails and 2 phone call with confirmation of delivery by Jimmy at the store. Next day May 25th, nothing happens, several calls to store manager and phone call to customer service and complaint filed with Robert did not bring any results. No delivery, no phone calls, nada, zilch. Complete fraud, took my money and, (just a thought that P.C. Richard and Son might sell my order few times to generate extra profits?) generated interest on it, is that legal practice?

Hello,

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience this caused. Please send us an email to customerservice@pcrichard.com with the invoice number of the purchase and your contact information, so we can look into this further.

Original review: May 11, 2022

I am writing to express my highest compliments about your salesperson Evan **. Mr ** assisted me today while I purchased a microwave. He was especially knowledgeable, extremely helpful and a definite pleasure to deal with. He made a worrisome project seamlessly pleasant. I was very impressed.

Original review: May 3, 2022

I bought an ac unit. Surveyors came with attitude and verified window was ok. Made me sign. Delivery just made, ac does not fit... P. C. Richards installers just walked out without saying a word. I lost one day's work staying home. Avoid at all costs.

Hello Clive,

Original review: April 9, 2022

So I purchased a TCL 55 inch 6 series last year. During that time I asked if there was a veteran discount and was told no. Fine. I got a warranty for it and it stopped working. I was told I can only get a store credit not a refund. Fine but not happy. When I went to the store I decided to get a bigger TV so I got the 75 inch. When I spoke to the manager about a veteran discount he said he will give me $100 off but not 10% as other veterans told me it supposed to be off the entire purchase.

Now the new TV (75 inches) is having problems and the store told me I probably wouldn’t get a store credit as I already used up a warranty claim for the first TV. Customer service was not available to speak to me as they were already closed for the day. Really disappointed on how this is turning out. I really wish they would give a full refund and make clear policy on veterans' discount.

Hello Luis,

Original review: Feb. 19, 2022

Purchased a mattress @ Richmond Ave Staten island. Peter, our salesman, was so friendly and spent quality time with us choosing a mattress. All around nice guy and he sure knows his mattresses. Good old fashioned customer service...Not to mention the price was cheaper than other stores we visited. Also, free delivery.

P.C. Richard & Son Company Information