4.77/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

In 1909, P.C. Richard & Son started a family owned business that has been passed down for five generations and continues to stand by three key principles today. Our company was built on honesty, integrity, and reliability.

P.C. Richard & Son has a service center for electronics and appliances. We also have a call center to serve our customers the way they deserve to be treated and handled after the sale. Let us take care of your appliance, electronics and mattress needs.

P.C. Richard & Son Video

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 19, 2017

2006 P.C. Richard & Son Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

Tito was very helpful in explaining the differences between the smart TV's and the pros and cons of different sound systems. He is very personable and knowledgeable. We will certainly seek him out for any future purchases and recommend him to our family and friends.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

He is nice person to help me to choose right refrigerator. He kind and professional person. He explain me all aspect to how to use change filter and other feature which help me to understand how can I operate new refrigerator and he help to choose ten years protection plan so.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

We dealt with a very informed and experienced salesperson, Wahid **. His knowledge of all the refrigerator, stove, dishwasher and microwave was very detailed and it made it very easy for us to make decisions. I would highly recommend PC Richard to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I recently purchased a Samsung 55 inch Frame TV that was installed on Wednesday and did not work. I went back to the Levittown store with every intention of getting a refund and returning the TV. Pete **, the salesman who sold me the TV, and Carson **, an assistant manager at the Levittown store, worked with me, the service department and the installers to get me another TV, mounted and working beautifully in less than 48 hours! It was a miracle! They were both so helpful, understanding, kind and patient and promised that this issue would be resolved and I would be happy, and that is exactly what happened! They did an outstanding job, and I couldn't be happier! The TV is awesome, and I am so happy and thankful for their help.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I had the pleasure of buying my stove from Tito at your Bayshore LI store. He was very knowledgeable and represents the company in a very professional manner. He answered all my questions on not only the stove we purchased but on a number of other products we are looking to add to our home at some point in time I will be happy to send all my friends and family to Tito for any future business. He is a great asset to your company IMO.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about P.C. Richard & Son?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

She went out of the way to help expedite the order. Jessa - West Babylon was very helpful and polite. I was pleased with her service. I would recommend P.C. Richard to a friend. I am a loyal customer and big fan for years. My parents also enjoy this establishment.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

My Salesperson George was very knowledgeable and efficient. He knew the products well and was able to answer all of my questions. He was friendly and got me through the buying process quickly. I am very happy with my purchase and I definitely go back to him should I need anything else.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

On 8/29/17, I purchased a Bello Classic Flame TV Stand at the P.C. Richard & Son Lake Grove store from "Big Tony" **. It was delivered on 9/1/17 without the fireplace insert. After a month of numerous telephone calls with customer service at Twin Star International just to get a delivery date (which I never got), Big Tony intervened and had it delivered directly to me the next day. The courtesy and professionalism that I received from the entire staff during the ordeal was nothing short of a six star rating.

I've been a P.C. Richard & Son customer for 35 years and have remained loyal to this company, because regardless of which Long Island store I do business with, both the merchandise and the service are always top shelf. Not only did I receive a $50.00 gift card from P.C. Richard for my troubles, but after I sent an e-comment card to Customer Service I received an e-response from Gregg Richard personally thanking me to take the time to do so. It's said that great leaders lead by example, well it's obvious that from the CEO down to the salespeople, they're all cut from the same cloth...

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Went to purchase new refrigerator, very pleasant salespeople which made the experience easy and fast. Will have delivery the next day. Will surely go back for any appliance needed in the future. Salespeople very friendly and professional and made the experience easy.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

We shopped other large stores but came to the conclusion that P.C. Richard was the right place to buy our new kitchen suite. Their knowledgeable staff and their customer service is second to none. We would not hesitate to buy there again. They service what they sell and they gave the best price.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I am a long time customer of P.C. Richard due to the fact that the salesman are professional and always remember my name sometimes after a year between sales. The prices are always fair and reasonable with sales and special pricing being the best deals. The installers were courteous in that they called me twice to narrow down the time they would be at my house and professional in their skills during their workmanship and cleanliness in which they worked.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Steve was the best. I will never go to anyone else for my electronic/home needs. I would recommend him to anyone. I will be sending him my friends and family. He was knowledgeable, spent time with us and was not pushy. He has made a forever client.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

Salesman was great, answered all my questions and was well informed about the camera that I bought. Met the manager. He was very friendly and also helpful. Will tell my family and friends about both of them. I will be back for more items for the holidays and hope that one of the two help me again.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I have been without my washing machine for over a month. I first had a service technician come and order the wrong part, then the second service technician came and told us we needed to remove our stackable dryer and that the first guy ordered the wrong part. We did that, waited two more weeks with no appointment scheduled. We called and were told the part from the manufacturer hadn't come in yet. The woman told me she would call the manufacturer and promised to call me back that night – no callback.

I called the next day. I was advised that the part would be in by the end of the week but that my job is a two person job. I would have to wait another week for two people to come. Last week two technicians came (by two are needed I have no idea since only one worked on it) - they told me it was fixed like new - it didn't do one cycle. I was promised that a technician would come today. As I'm waiting I get a text message saying that they will come Thursday. I was also told I would get the same technician. After four phone calls today speaking to different managers the best they can do is come tomorrow and it's the same incompetent technician. I have never been so lied to and dealt with such incompetence with any other company. I don't even know what to do. I'm so done with this company.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

Robert helped me with finding the right headphones and with a issue I had with a previous purchase that I was unsure of and reassured me that I was in safe hands with the company and the store. I would come here again with friends and family alike.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

We were having issues with our TV and I can't thank the Newington Store Manager Tom and his staff enough for all their help. Tom made several calls out of his busy schedule and was able to get a crew over to our house the next day to get our TV working again. I am very grateful and will continue to be a valued customer of P.C. Richard thanks to Tom.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I stopped in the Carteret store today and purchased a washer and dryer. The salesman was great and the store manager Bobby was really helpful. I would recommend this store to all of my family and friends and I will return to buy a few more things.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

So glad I returned to P.C. Richard to order my kitchen appliances. Assistant manager George and salesman Mr ** were amazing. They gave me very helpful insight on what type of appliances were better rated and functional. Delivery is scheduled already in two days. How can you beat that! I will always go back to P.C. Richard for everything every time! Thank you. Thank you!!!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I had visited your store located at Gate Way Mall on the 7th. The merchandise I wanted, & had questions about were answered to my satisfaction. Representative Mr. ** recommendation attributed to my decision to returned finalize my purchase. Mr. ** expertise greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I bought a Samsung model DW80K705OUS for $599.99. A couple of days later I saw on your Web a model for $200.00 less with the same features. They just made some change to the model ID. My family Is finished with your store.

P.C. Richard & Son response

Dalia, sorry about any inconvenience. Do you happen to have the model number for the other unit. Typically when a manufacture switches model numbers there are some differences between the units. I can do a side by side comparison to confirm.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Thanks to the excellent, professional, honest and patient help given to me today by Chris **, I was able to make a decision about the purchase of my first flat screen TV. I was confused about what size and model to purchase and Chris let me ask a zillion questions (some more than one time), and he answered them with kind and knowledgeable patience. He must be recognized as great asset to the PC Richard Company. I would not have been able to make this purchase without his very genuine, sincere, patient help.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

DoM did a great job! He took very good care of us. He made sure we knew everything before we left the store! Can't wait for the appliances to come! We ordered a new dishwasher, stove, and refrigerator, freezer. We will return to PC Richard again. We also purchased the extended warranty on two of the appliances. Thanks, Guys!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Very good service in the store. Good salesman, didn't feel pressured, large selection, good pricing. My only complaint would be charging for delivery, most stores I shopped at while looking for my appliances offered free shipping. Cannot comment on appliances at this point, delivery is scheduled for this week.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

The service I received from Sam and John at the Staten Island store was beyond helpful. I knew I wanted a TV and through their expert guidance I was able to purchase the best fit for my needs. I recommend this store and will definitely return for future purchases.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

Received great customer service from Nicholas while shopping for a new washer. Nicholas listened to my needs before making a recommendation. Nicholas is knowledgeable and knows the products very well. I highly recommend visiting Nicholas at the 86th Street-5th Ave location for all your purchases.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I was in the store. Worked with a gentleman named Nick **. Nick was very knowledgeable of the product that I was looking at. His experience was greatly appreciated. I would definitely come back/recommend to buy appliances from P.C.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

My experience w PC Richard was excellent. Salesperson, Mr ** was knowledgeable and made the experience very pleasant. Delivery was quick and stress free. I have checked this item (refrigerator) with several appliance stores, PC Richard provided the best service and price.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

Sales associate Nicholas was both professional and helpful. He listened to our needs for a printer so he could help us choose the best one for us. He didn’t push us towards a printer that we wouldn’t use half of the options it had. Instead, he reviewed all of the available printers and pointed out what they did and didn’t do so we could get the best one for us at the best price. He was very knowledgeable and courteous.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Outstanding experience while purchasing the GE Cafe Double oven. Sales counselors Desmond and Lucas were very professional and knowledgeable. They listened to all of our concerns regarding product warranties and dependability. Their efforts found the best and lowest price beating all major appliance store competitors. Delivery and installation was exceptional.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

The service was great. The salesman helped me find what I needed (washing machine). He helped me with any questions I had and was very helpful in me making my decision. I have purchased all my household appliances and even my mattress in P.C. Richard and Son. I will continue to shop in this store as long as they continue their excellent service.

P.C. Richard & Son Company Information