4.08/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

In 1909, P.C. Richard & Son started a family owned business that has been passed down for five generations and continues to stand by three key principles today. Our company was built on honesty, integrity, and reliability.

P.C. Richard & Son has a service center for electronics and appliances. We also have a call center to serve our customers the way they deserve to be treated and handled after the sale. Let us take care of your appliance, electronics and mattress needs.

P.C. Richard & Son Video
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

2507 P.C. Richard & Son Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 8, 2019

I wanted to share what a fantastic job PC Richard & Son does ensuring its customers well beyond 100% satisfaction!!! I have been a loyal customer for over 20 years and my amazing sales rep is - Hank ** - who has tirelessly worked over these years to provide me with the best deals and products. I have purchased a variety of brand products from my Samsung refrigerator, oven, and 4k Ultra TV, Whirlpool dishwasher, Friedrich and other brand air conditioners, Sonos Sound System, GE microwave, answering machines - and more.

If it’s an appliance - PC Richard is my one and only go to. In all these years I have rarely encountered any need for service. That said, I do take out extended warranties on any products I purchase over a few hundred dollars...just in case. And it's a good thing bc recently one of my AC’s had a problem but thankfully I had the extended warranty and a phone call to Hank and the service team made sure I was well taken care of right away. I am about to purchase an AC now for my son’s room and of course I didn’t hesitate to call Hank to order our new one. In doing so, I reflected on the vast number of years I have relied on PC Richard & Son, Hank ** and PC Richard's knowledgable team to keep my home running smoothly and efficiently.

Yes, I have been a very loyal customer, but it’s only because they genuinely respect their customers and greatly appreciate their customers' loyalty. They have made sure I could take advantage of many discount sales related to products I’ve been interested in, zero % interest financing offers, and incredible customer service. In my mind, there is no replacement for great personalized customer service with an expert- where you can pick up the phone or go into the store and have an in-depth conversation about a product you're considering purchasing as well as learn about brands you may not have even considered, but end up being better for your needs.

This company started out as a family owned business (I believe over 100 yrs ago) so I wanted to just say kudos to them for maintaining that type of personal dedicated attention to their clients even though they’ve grown into a very large business now. In a world where people rely more and more on faceless/voiceless click and pay - I think nothing beats a personal relationship w/ a salesperson or a company manager, and in order to maintain this type of business it's important customers share their satisfaction and appreciation too with others. Thank you again PC Richard & Son and Hank ** for all the fantastic support and service over the years, from a very happy long time loyal customer!!!

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 28, 2019

I have been making all of my major appliance and big ticket electronics purchases from PC Richard & Son for many, MANY years. On Friday, 4/26/19, after reading countless reviews on different products, I was ready to purchase a dryer, a refrigerator and a dishwasher. I also needed a few accessories and I purchased the extended 5 year service contracts for each item. Not comfortable scheduling the delivery and installation online, I called the customer service number to make the arrangements. I spoke with a lovely lady named AnnMarie ** who was so sweet and knowledgeable, and she really went above and beyond the call. Unbeknownst to me, there was an outage in my area so my phone service kept disconnecting. AnnMarie had to call me back 4 times to complete my purchase, and she got my delivery scheduled for the very next day - on a Saturday! God bless you AnnMarie!

My delivery was scheduled between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. I didn't know it at the time, but the truck that my appliances were on broke down so another team of installers had to get them off the other truck and take over the job. I believe this was an act of divine intervention because Victor and Omar were amazing! The dryer and refrigerator installations went off without a hitch. They only had to remove my kitchen door to fit the fridge through but have clearly done so many times before. The house I live in is quite old so when Victor pulled out the old dishwasher, the connection was anything but standard.

Luckily he was up to the challenge and he and Omar were able to get it up and running. Victor said that the team who was supposed to do the installation originally would probably have refused and made me call a plumber. I'm disabled and on a fixed income and Victor understood how important it was for me to have the dishwasher because standing to wash dishes was killing my back. God bless you Victor and Omar! As an added bonus, Victor and Omar are cousins and enjoy picking on each other. They were so funny and very entertaining and it was clear that they really enjoy working together. I got new appliances professionally installed and a free comedy show! Thank you P.C. Richard for hiring such wonderful people!

P.C. Richard & Son response

Thank you for the great shout out, Laura!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I bought Samsung Washing Machine on Dec 2009 from PC Richard & Son Woodbridge, NJ along with PC Richard & Son extended Warranty for 10 years. My Dishwasher was not working properly in Jan 2019 and tried all the draining procedures and but was of no use. I accidentally remembered that I purchased the extended warranty and called PC Richard & son for a service appointment. They understood the issue and thought it could be a drain pump issue and ordered a new one. The tech came and found that it was an issue with the washing basket assembly has broken and told he will order the parts and come again for fixing it. The appointment was fixed after a week.

On the appointment day the tech called me and told that the washer part was not available as the model was discontinued and I will be given a store credit for the washer as per the contract agreement and I have to purchase a new one. I thought that the credit will be less and I was prepared to pay the difference to buy a new one. To my surprise, PC Richard & son give the entire cost of the washer I paid + the tax I paid. This happened in Jan 2019, after 9 years of my purchase. This is my first good experience of this kind. The Store Manager Mr. ** and the Sales Rep Pushpika was kind enough to go through the procedure and helped me to place the new order, of-course with a new PC Richard & Son extended warranty. Just wanted to share my experience with others, to make believe retail stores still exists, other than online, doing an excellent customer service. Thanks.

P.C. Richard & Son response

I am so happy to hear you had a great experience! We look forward to assisting you again!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Store 66 2399 Richmond Avenue Staten Island, NY 10314 Heartland Village. The one near the mall. Amazing Sales and Customer service. I been going to this store for over 11 years. ** is my sales rep is knowledgeable, patient awesome salesman. He IS the reason I come back again and again to the Staten Island store. 11 years ago I went in and met him. He I became almost like friends and business partners. He sells me the best I can afford. At really competitive prices. I used to live in Staten Island then I moved to New Jersey. I now drive to Staten Island when I need to buy something to see **. I just did this Labor Day for my new 4 piece LG black stainless steel kitchen. I have spent nearly 20k in this store. In the past 11 years. Over the years I have moved a bit.

I have bought from ** 3 blue ray players, HD video player, 1 stackable washer dryer, 1 Samsung front loading washer, 1 front loading dryer with bases, Samsung 52 inch tv, a 40 inch tv 9/18 - a 4 PIECE LG black stainless stainless steel kitchen, fridge/dishwasher/micro hood range/stove, 3 other refrigerators LG/Samsung/whirlpool, 1 mini fridge, a home theater massage chair, a dehumidifier, Bissell Crosswave, Onkyo 4 HDMI home there receiver, Bose CineMate system, toaster, Big Sony boom box, Monster Cable home theater power conditioner and surge protector, various high end HDMI cables and other surge protectors, Panasonic home phone. I have OLED big screen TV purchase also in my future 2019.

I went 1 time to the store near me in New Jersey. It just was not the same. This is the only store I shop for my appliances and ** is the only guy I talk directly to. I always buy the warranties because sometimes they def payout. My 52 inch tv had a problem I think 2 years in. They came and took care of it for me. The P.C. Richard card is great. It lets me buy upfront and pay off little by little. It how I paid for all of this over the years. I buy and pay it off buy and pay it off. I can't say enough good things about the store and its staff. Shop this store for all your home good needs. Ask for my guy ** at STORE 66! He's got the know so you can buy with peace of mind and go home happy. Thanks **. You rock dude. Always patient and knowledgeable!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

It is rare for me but when I have a good experience with a dealer I want to let it be known. I was shopping online for a new large air conditioner and decided to stop into PC Richard in Orange CT to see what was available. I was met by Justin and we talked about my needs. He showed me my options and pricing. He had such a good positive attitude that I decided to write the order with him right there and then and gave up whatever bonus I could have earned through Ebates with an online purchase.

We completed the sale, made arrangements for the delivery and found out that the delivery charge was cheaper on line so he made an adjustment to my purchase. The follow up on the sale and the call he made last night to confirm my delivery time continued to impress me. Today I received a call from the delivery company confirming my delivery time and I got a 30 minute warning call letting me know they were on the way. They ended up being about an hour late but it was so blistering hot that I could understand the delay. The guys quickly delivered my AC into my living room and took back my old unit for disposal. The whole experience was a positive one and I will keep PC Richard in mind for future needs.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about P.C. Richard & Son?

Original review: July 21, 2019

Eric ** at the Yonkers, NY Store is an incredible and personable salesman, as this was my 3rd purchase from him in recent months. He always gives me invaluable knowledge from his vast experience in making my selections and makes the purchasing process very comfortable, and easy. I highly recommend him as he is extremely professional and employees like this should be awarded.

Original review: July 19, 2019

Salesman Craig ** at the Elmont Store was very knowledgeable. He gave me confidence in making my selection and made the purchasing process fast, comfortable, and easy. I would seek him again when making future purchases. Then about a week later, Carlos and Kenny made the delivery to my home. They were friendly, helpful and professional. Thank you for an excellent experience.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I had an issue with my new air conditioner that once installed was defective, it was noisy, the remote wouldn't work but I had no problem with PC Richard -- they took care of it problem and had a new air conditioner shipped and installed ASAP. I've been very pleased with their service..

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 17, 2019

I purchased a 15,000 Btu Frigidaire Air Conditioner Wednesday July 10th 2019 at the Forest Hills PC Richard store from Sal. I was also told if the Plexiglas needed to fill in the open spaces around the unit was just as I described it which was no more than 2 inches on 3 sides then I would pay $15-20 dollars for the installation of the Plexiglas and the Plexiglas. I was told that someone would come to my home Friday and do a measurement to see if the air conditioner would fit and if all was good the air conditioner would be installed Saturday the following day. I was supposed to pay $25 for the measurement.

Friday no one came or called. I called the store and they said someone would come Saturday but would call me first. I get a call Saturday morning at 8:48 saying someone would be there between 9 and 10. No one came. I called back and was then told that someone would be there between 12 and 1. No one came. I called again and was told someone would be there after 3. Someone did come after 3. He took the measurements and said the air conditioner will fit in my window and I would not need much Plexiglas.

I told him I would move my printer out of the way and a storage stand. He said not to worry, he would move it. He said he would install it Monday. Monday came and no one called or came. I called the store again and was told that they do not do installations on Monday and someone will come Wednesday. The person I spoke to was Roy. I told Roy that I got so much misinformation and lost Friday, Saturday, and Monday waiting around for nothing. Roy took $70 off the bill. Instead of paying $217 I would pay $147.

The installer came Wednesday on schedule. I asked him his name and got no response. I asked the helper his name and got no response. So I left it alone. The installer was very nice and so was his helper. They did a nice job and I was satisfied. Then he asked me for $217 plus the Plexiglas. I said I was supposed to give him $147 plus the Plexiglas. We got into an argument. I called the office for Roy and was told he would not be in until Thursday which was tomorrow July 18th. I told the person who answered the phone the problem and I was told I had to pay $217. I said no. I asked him if he would call Roy even though he was off. The person said hold on and I don’t know what he did but he came back to the phone and said I can pay the $147 plus the Plexiglas.

He told the installer to collect $147. I gave the installer for the installation $162 but he did not have change. So I said I will give him $142 and pay the $5 balance on a credit card. He said no. He also asked me for $75 for the Plexiglas and labor. I told him that I was told based on my description to the salesman that I should pay between $15 and $20 dollars. My description was 2 inches on 3 sides. The actual Plexiglas installed was 2 1/2 inches on 1 side, less than I predicted.

The installer insisted that he get $75 and I told him that’s not what was discussed when I purchased the unit. We got into an argument. I said I will give you the $147 and the $20 for the Plexiglas but he refused and said he doesn’t care what PC Richard says, that’s his price. I said, "You work for PC Richard and before coming to my home, you should know the agreement so when you arrive there are no arguments or discrepancies." The installer asked me to sign the paperwork. I said: "Can I read it?" He said, "Just sign it." I said I would like to read it. He said it says he gets $75 for the Plexiglas and I am paying $147 for the balance. I said, "Take off the $75 for the Plexiglas" and he refused. We got into a heated argument and he left.

From day one I had nothing but misinformation, missed appointments, one person not knowing what the other person said, no apologies, inconsistencies on the prices, the appointment days and times, only confrontations and in the end it was a terrible experience. The installer left without taking the money which I offered him. I told him I will speak to Roy tomorrow when he returns to work.

Original review: July 16, 2019

I wanted to share what a fantastic job P.C. Richard & Son does ensuring its customers well beyond 100% satisfaction. My amazing sales rep was Dilip ** who was very professional and knowledgeable about the product. I bought a Microwave Oven and he went above and beyond the service. Employee like this should get award.

P.C. Richard & Son Company Information