3.9/5 (70 ratings)

About P.C. Richard & Son

P.C. Richard & Son is a family-owned appliance and electronics business that’s been around since 1909. The company offers many products and services, including a product servicing center. P.C. Ricard has limited store locations, but you can buy online and get free shipping on orders over $49.

Pros

• Many product options
  • Free shipping over $49
  • Financing options

Cons

• Limited store locations
  • Discount terms apply

Bottom Line

P.C. Richard & Son provides a multitude of products and services at an affordable price. It’s ideal for customers looking for appliances or electronics, and its financing options and discount programs offset total costs.

Top P.C. Richard & Son Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

During these tough times It's great to be able to buy the things you want and need. The managers and salespeople are doing their best to help you make the correct decision and get...

Verified

… Andre went above and beyond to ensure that my refrigerator was replaced per the extended warranty when I recently had an issue. The store manager John was also of great assistan...

What is P.C. Richard & Son?

P.C. Richard & Son is a shop that sells various appliances, electronics, furniture and more, including stoves, mattresses, smart home technology and fitness equipment. You can shop P.C. Richard’s selection online or at one of its tri-state or Pennsylvania-area stores.

P.C. Richard provides free curbside pickup and certified installation services as well as a multitude of payment options, including rebate, layaway and financing opportunities. It also offers a low-price guarantee and extended warranty protection on select products.

P.C. Richard products

You can purchase a wide variety of products from P.C. Richard, including products in categories like:

• Home appliances
  • Video games
  • Home office
  • Car audio
  • Health and fitness

If you can’t find what you need at a P.C. Richard store, it may be available on the company’s website.

P.C. Richard installation cost

P.C. Richard’s total installation price varies based on product and location, but several discounts and financing packages are available to offset the cost. For instance, if you use a P.C. Richard credit card to fund your purchase and installation, you receive a special financing rate for 24 months (for products over $499). The company also offers military and emergency responder discounts that can go toward installation costs.

P.C. Richard FAQ

Does P.C. Richard price match?
P.C. Richard offers a low-price guarantee. If a competitor advertises a better price, the company will refund 100% of the difference.
Does P.C. Richard offer free delivery?
You get free shipping for purchases over $49 (excluding major appliances, select televisions, mattresses, grills, game consoles and some other products). P.C. Richard offers same-day and next-day delivery.
Where is P.C. Richard located?
P.C. Richard has stores in Connecticut, New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. You can find the store nearest you on the company's website.
Does P.C. Richard offer senior discounts?
No, P.C. Richard doesn’t provide senior discounts. However, you can take advantage of other company coupons and discounts online and in-store.
Does P.C. Richard install car stereos?
Yes, P.C. Richard partners with 44 mobile installation centers in the New York metro area. The company offers lifetime warranties with its professional car stereo installations.

Is P.C. Richard worth it?

Because the company offers a wealth of products and services as well as significant discounts, financing opportunities, free shipping and installation services, many customers find their P.C. Richard purchases worth it. However, if you don’t qualify for its financing or discount programs, the cost of P.C. Richard appliances and larger products may be beyond your budget.

P.C. Richard & Son Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about P.C. Richard & Son?

Original review: July 5, 2021

The service technician Nick is very compassionate and caring. When the first condenser was the not the right one he went out of his way to locate the correct one. I was originally told the new condenser was not going to be in until 7/10. Given the fact that my wife and I are both in our mid 70's and had been without refrigeration for 5 weeks he felt it was unfair and not the right way to handle customers. Nick drove to the warehouse and reached out to his supervisor to locate the right one. The work was done neatly, respectfully and with care. Nick is an asset to your company and should be treated as a valued employee.

P.C. Richard & Son response

Thanks for your positive feedback Harvey, we appreciate your buisness and look forward to your next visit!

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 2, 2021

After having a humiliating experience at the 86th St. (salesperson was rude, gave us the run around as to why we needed the survey, got angry after we declined and declined insurance he called his “manager” who had on a dirty sweatshirt and accused us of “if you don’t have the money then perhaps you shouldn’t be purchasing this model refrigerator.”) we walked out and went to the location in Harlem. Not only were we greeted immediately, manager Dave was patient, he measured, talked with us, offered my elderly mother a seat, explained why we should have the insurance and Stacy, the co salesperson was courteous in getting our warranty. I will recommend Harlem PC Richard any day of the week!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

I stop by at P.C Richards in New Hyde Park. I met Denise ** who was so professional and honest with his response to questions by my family, I left purchasing a washer and dryer, an air fry stove and extractor and a dishwasher. Due to a previous issue my sister had, She was refer to the general Manager by Denise and she is looking forward to her issue being resolve so she can get a new television and Refrigerator, She also has been telling everyone who would listen to go to P.C Richards and sons.

P.C. Richard & Son response

Hello Devyani, Thank you for taking the time to share your positive review with us! We appreciate your business at P.C. Richard and Son, and we hope you enjoy your new purchases!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

Having purchased a refrigerator at PC Richards with a five year Richards extended warranty, I had occasion to use it. My refrigerator experienced a malfunction in less than a year and the warranty provided a technician to fix the problem. When a second problem occurred I spoke with Phil a manager at your store in South Hampton. He arranged for a technician to repair the refrigerator. A part was ordered. When, after two months the part was still not available, Phil promptly went into action. A full credit was applied to my account and a new refrigerator was ordered and promptly delivered by two well qualified and courteous staff.

Phil was responsible for a quick resolve for the problem and was very professional. He was a real pleasure to work with. I recommend PC Richard for fulfilling their responsibility and I am grateful for all that Phil did to make this a pleasant experience. I am very satisfied with my new refrigerator. P.S. I got a call from the technicians office last week stating that the replacement part was still unavailable.

P.C. Richard & Son response

Hello Steven, We are so pleased to hear about your positive experience with our Southampton location! Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us, and thank you for choosing P.C. Richard and Son!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

In May we purchased a Maytag Top Loader and after a few weeks the roster, stater & clutch needed to be replaced. When I contacted the PC Richards store in Milford where we purchased it, the manager Tom ** immediately took care of it and got us a replacement of the same machine. After about 6 weeks the water stopped going into the machine and once again Tom took care of it as soon as we contacted him and got a replacement. This time I went with a Maytag front loader and so far so good!!! I just want to say that Tom has been a pleasure to deal with and really addressed our issues in a timely manner.

Original review: July 12, 2021

With the absence of our sales lady [Nancy] and having delivery issues I called and spoke with Kristina and she put me in touch with John. John has been amazing and has been able to correct our problems. He has done a wonderful job in communicating with us.. Net: John is GREAT!.. I really appreciate his effort and look forward to a continued relationship with PC Richard.. Bless you John. Bob and Jean **

P.C. Richard & Son response

Thanks for sharing your awesome experience with us. We appreciate your buisness!

Original review: July 11, 2021

One year ago I bought a very expensive gaming laptop, during the process, the salesperson suggested that I purchased insurance to protect it, he said, “If anything happens to it, we will fix or replace it.” So I paid for two years insurance. My laptop started acting up, so I reached out to the MSI, who told me that based on my description my laptop screen was broken and I needed to send it in. Knowing that I had insurance I rushed over to PC Richard. After telling the salesperson what was going on, he presented me with a blue document outlining the rules governing the insurance policy, he stated that they were not responsible for any structural damages.

I then replied, “Why was I not given this blue document when I was purchasing the laptop, why was I told that if anything happened to my laptop your company would fix it." The manager then got involved and stated, "What company would cover structural damages, they would go out of business.” They stated that they would get it fixed, but I would have to pay for the shipping and the fixtures. I then left and went to Best Buy, where they told me that their insurance covers structural damages. I gave it to Best Buy to fix. PC Richard did not return my insurance money, nor did they fix my laptop. I will never go back to any of their stores.

Original review: July 7, 2021

Valerie (Assistant Manager) went above and beyond to ensure that PC Richards was the only store I should shop at. She was attentive, accommodating and provided solutions to ensure I received my refrigerator before the promised date. This transaction was one of the best purchases I made in a while. The original salesman (Eddie) was also exceptional at his job. Thank you PC Richards.

P.C. Richard & Son response

Awesome post! We appreciate your buisness and look forward to your next visit!

Original review: July 2, 2021

Chris ** was very helpful, friendly and attentive to my needs. He made calls after his shift was over to be sure everything was going on schedule. He always said to call if I needed help with anything. He is an asset to your department. I always buy appliances at PC Richards and will always go to Chris. Please let him know he is appreciated. Thank you, Jeannette **

Original review: June 30, 2021

I would like to compliment your customer service person Christina. I had a big problem and she made me feel much better about it. My first delivery was refused by my building and we had to reschedule and I was very upset about it. She calmed me and helped to make me feel better about the situation.

P.C. Richard & Son response

Hi Edith, thanks for sharing your awesome experience. We appreciate your business!

P.C. Richard & Son Company Information