4.5/5 (2558 ratings)

About P.C. Richard & Son

P.C. Richard & Son is a family-owned appliance and electronics business that’s been around since 1909. The company offers many products and services, including a product servicing center. P.C. Ricard has limited store locations, but you can buy online and get free shipping on orders over $49.

Pros

• Many product options
  • Free shipping over $49
  • Financing options

Cons

• Limited store locations
  • Discount terms apply

Bottom Line

P.C. Richard & Son provides a multitude of products and services at an affordable price. It’s ideal for customers looking for appliances or electronics, and its financing options and discount programs offset total costs.

Top P.C. Richard & Son Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about P.C. Richard & Son?

Verified

During these tough times It's great to be able to buy the things you want and need. The managers and salespeople are doing their best to help you make the correct decision and get...

Verified

… Andre went above and beyond to ensure that my refrigerator was replaced per the extended warranty when I recently had an issue. The store manager John was also of great assistan...

What is P.C. Richard & Son?

P.C. Richard & Son is a shop that sells various appliances, electronics, furniture and more, including stoves, mattresses, smart home technology and fitness equipment. You can shop P.C. Richard’s selection online or at one of its tri-state or Pennsylvania-area stores.

P.C. Richard provides free curbside pickup and certified installation services as well as a multitude of payment options, including rebate, layaway and financing opportunities. It also offers a low-price guarantee and extended warranty protection on select products.

P.C. Richard products

You can purchase a wide variety of products from P.C. Richard, including products in categories like:

• Home appliances
  • Video games
  • Home office
  • Car audio
  • Health and fitness

If you can’t find what you need at a P.C. Richard store, it may be available on the company’s website.

P.C. Richard installation cost

P.C. Richard’s total installation price varies based on product and location, but several discounts and financing packages are available to offset the cost. For instance, if you use a P.C. Richard credit card to fund your purchase and installation, you receive a special financing rate for 24 months (for products over $499). The company also offers military and emergency responder discounts that can go toward installation costs.

P.C. Richard FAQ

Does P.C. Richard price match?
P.C. Richard offers a low-price guarantee. If a competitor advertises a better price, the company will refund 100% of the difference.
Does P.C. Richard offer free delivery?
You get free shipping for purchases over $49 (excluding major appliances, select televisions, mattresses, grills, game consoles and some other products). P.C. Richard offers same-day and next-day delivery.
Where is P.C. Richard located?
P.C. Richard has stores in Connecticut, New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. You can find the store nearest you on the company's website.
Does P.C. Richard offer senior discounts?
No, P.C. Richard doesn’t provide senior discounts. However, you can take advantage of other company coupons and discounts online and in-store.
Does P.C. Richard install car stereos?
Yes, P.C. Richard partners with 44 mobile installation centers in the New York metro area. The company offers lifetime warranties with its professional car stereo installations.

Is P.C. Richard worth it?

Because the company offers a wealth of products and services as well as significant discounts, financing opportunities, free shipping and installation services, many customers find their P.C. Richard purchases worth it. However, if you don’t qualify for its financing or discount programs, the cost of P.C. Richard appliances and larger products may be beyond your budget.

P.C. Richard & Son Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about P.C. Richard & Son?

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

I’m very grateful to salesperson, Malik ** and the P. C. Richard & Son (PCR) store for my recent experience trying to deal with problems with my wall air conditioner. I’m immensely grateful for Mr. **’s courtesy, expertise throughout the several times I needed to consult with him in the PCR store about this matter: He answered all my questions patiently, with clear, concise explanations and offered valuable information and suggestions that enabled me to make more accurate decisions about the options available to me.

PCR also had readily available information in its computer, available at the salesperson’s station, to verify measurements of my current AC & the sleeve into which the new AC needed to be inserted; this gave me great peace of mind. The whole process of evaluating my old AC, completing the process of purchasing and having a new AC (that met my specific needs) delivered was completed promptly; it’s now working beautifully in my apartment! I am also immensely grateful to PCR for having such an excellent employee as Malik ** on its staff.

Hello Jeanne,

We are happy to hear about your experience! Thank you for sharing it, and thank you for shopping at P.C. Richard & Son!

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 11, 2022

I am writing to express my highest compliments about your salesperson Evan **. Mr ** assisted me today while I purchased a microwave. He was especially knowledgeable, extremely helpful and a definite pleasure to deal with. He made a worrisome project seamlessly pleasant. I was very impressed.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2022

Purchased a mattress @ Richmond Ave Staten island. Peter, our salesman, was so friendly and spent quality time with us choosing a mattress. All around nice guy and he sure knows his mattresses. Good old fashioned customer service...Not to mention the price was cheaper than other stores we visited. Also, free delivery.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2022

I went to PC Richard looking for a new dishwasher. Sarah ** was right there and helped me the whole way. She took time with me and answered all of my questions. I appreciated all of her help. Looking forward to my delivery tomorrow!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2023

We purchased a Samsung Refrigerator from PC Richards in Sept. 2022. Only after it was delivered did I realize that it had a dent in the door (covered by a sticker) and the light did not work. I called for an exchange. Second samsung refrigerator arrived a month later...customer service was terrible but that is not the major problem here.

Within a month, a part in the freezer broke and was sending cold air down to the refrigerator and freezing our food on the top shelf. By this time, I had lost trust in them and was suspicious about whether their samsung fridges were actually coming from the manufacturer or whether they were refurbished. We decided to go with a different brand and paid $100 to switch the brand although I really liked samsung more. No discounts, no formal apologies and this has been such a hassle. The latest fridge was delivered yesterday with the doors attached to the wrong side. I am crossing my fingers hoping we can get some life out of this product. We will never, ever purchase anything from PC Richards again.

P.C. Richard & Son response

Hello Amanda, we are so sorry that this hasn't been your best experience. Please send us a direct message with the invoice number of your purchase, or you can email us at customerservice@pcrichard.com (ATTN: Social Media team) with this information so we may better assist you. We'd like to look into this for you.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

I was on the PC Richard & Son's online website looking to buy a TV when a person named Carolyn popped up on the chat and asked if they could help me. I informed her that I am a disabled veteran and requested a discount on a $900 tv. She committed to take $30 off to which I agreed. She said she would send me an email with a link and code to purchase the tv. I received the email and it stated that it would only reduce it by $20. I am disappointed that they did not honor the agreement and that it was unprofessional to renege on the agreed amount. I sent an email back expressing my disappointment and that I would not be purchasing the television from them and did not receive any response. It states on their website 113 years of Honesty, Integrity, and Reliability. I do not believe that they live up to those values and out of principle would not purchase from them.

Original review: May 26, 2022

On or about June 8th I ordered/purchased a Subzero refrigerator. The delivery date was changed quite a few times, I was assured that March 21 would be a delivery date, a representative called me and stated that refrigerator is in stock at the distributor and delivery is scheduled for March 21, 2021. Around March 13th same person called me and informed that Subzero "pulled out" the stock and refrigerator is no longer available. I reached out to Subzero and was told that they do not deal directly with P.C. Richard's only with distributor and the information I received was incorrect. Next few weeks passed by and I went to the store in person, and spoke with manager named Pedro, who was kind enough and spent time with me.

Next day he called me back and informed me that my refrigerator "just arrived to the warehouse". Delivery was scheduled on May 25th, 2022 between 11am and 2 pm with 2 emails and 2 phone call with confirmation of delivery by Jimmy at the store. Next day May 25th, nothing happens, several calls to store manager and phone call to customer service and complaint filed with Robert did not bring any results. No delivery, no phone calls, nada, zilch. Complete fraud, took my money and, (just a thought that P.C. Richard and Son might sell my order few times to generate extra profits?) generated interest on it, is that legal practice?

Hello,

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience this caused. Please send us an email to customerservice@pcrichard.com with the invoice number of the purchase and your contact information, so we can look into this further.

Original review: May 3, 2022

I bought an ac unit. Surveyors came with attitude and verified window was ok. Made me sign. Delivery just made, ac does not fit... P. C. Richards installers just walked out without saying a word. I lost one day's work staying home. Avoid at all costs.

Hello Clive,

Original review: April 9, 2022

So I purchased a TCL 55 inch 6 series last year. During that time I asked if there was a veteran discount and was told no. Fine. I got a warranty for it and it stopped working. I was told I can only get a store credit not a refund. Fine but not happy. When I went to the store I decided to get a bigger TV so I got the 75 inch. When I spoke to the manager about a veteran discount he said he will give me $100 off but not 10% as other veterans told me it supposed to be off the entire purchase.

Now the new TV (75 inches) is having problems and the store told me I probably wouldn’t get a store credit as I already used up a warranty claim for the first TV. Customer service was not available to speak to me as they were already closed for the day. Really disappointed on how this is turning out. I really wish they would give a full refund and make clear policy on veterans' discount.

Hello Luis,

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

We had bought a refrigerator outright through PC Richard for delivery on Feb 2nd. When installed, we were supposed to also have a copper line installed for the water dispenser. Upon delivery, installment team says cannot do copper due to it "being too difficult", but we can install using existing plastic line. Fine. My plastic line then was cut and was leaking water into our basement where multiple laptops had water damage. We had left for vacation already and a family member had noticed it. Tried to get service technician out and when they did finally show up, they came in and told us within 30 seconds that they can't even install a copper line due to me having a finished basement? #1.

Sent service person out for an installation ticket. This person quite literally clamped my plastic line and then left within 30 seconds. 2. Why not just tell us from the beginning that you cannot install a copper line? Very confusing as in the city of Philadelphia, the code is to have a copper line and there are certainly finished basements in Philadelphia. Fine. Fast forward again, and the damage claims department failed to take an ounce of accountability for installing the refrigerator at all. No one useful was able to reach out to me. Tony ** was the one who was "assisting" me and this person couldn't even pick up the phone to explain to me the details of his email even though it was requested multiple times.

When asked for a supervisor, I was told the next person up was the CEO. Are there not any other communication channels in place for escalating these situations? Everything was "It's hearsay," yet I am not fully understanding how a brand new refrigerator ends up hooked up and wheeled into my home without an installation team physically bringing it in; especially after the fact that we PAID for the installation. There were 2 individuals (installation and the service technician) out on my property who both tampered with my plastic line yet Tony ** claims both of those two individuals didn't touch it.

Apparently according to the paperwork PC Richards has, does not notate someone physically installing the fridge yet the office in Conshohocken clearly has told me it's notated on their end that the installment person did indeed install the fridge. I guess you guys work with magic because somehow my refrigerator got wheeled into its place with the plastic line hooked up. It is extremely disappointing knowing that a company like PC Richards can't even pick up the phone to talk with an unhappy customer. Instead, just continues to send email replies that clearly do not help the situation. I will never do business with PC Richard again in any capacity after you completely failing to provide a basic level of customer service. Oh & of course, no returns on appliances and nothing was even attempted to rectify the fact that there are ceiling tiles destroyed, and 2 work laptops with water damage.

Hello Jenna,