Call toll free
4.62/5
Based on 498 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

In 1909, P.C. Richard & Son started a family owned business that has been passed down for five generations and continues to stand by three key principles today. Our company was built on honesty, integrity, and reliability.

P.C. Richard & Son has a service center for electronics and appliances. We also have a call center to serve our customers the way they deserve to be treated and handled after the sale. Let us take care of your appliance, electronics and mattress needs.

P.C. Richard & Son Video
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

2273 P.C. Richard & Son Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 20, 2018

I had brought a new energy efficient AC to replace old AC in my apt. Sales rep was very nice. Customer service rep helped to exchange AC to correct voltage after I realized the AC I brought had the wrong voltage. I appreciate the help!

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 19, 2018

Found the customer service at this location to be excellent. The salesman was knowledgeable about the product (washer machine) and extremely helpful, allowing me to make a confident and informed purchase. If you're in the market for a heavy appliance, I would recommend visiting this location.

Original review: June 16, 2018

We needed to replace our washing machine so we went back to P. C. Richard because we’ve purchased appliances from you in the past and felt we didn’t need to go anywhere else. Your salesman Russell answered all of our questions and assisted us in our selection of both a washer and a dryer. Our appliances were delivered and installed as promised, and your installers were just as courteous and professional as your sales staff. As a result of this positive experience we returned days later and purchased a new gas stove and dishwasher! Thank you, P. C. Richard! You are a top-notch operation start to finish.

Original review: June 16, 2018

This was my first experience with P.C. Richard & Son and I am happy with it. The Sales Counselor (Francis) was very knowledgeable and he was able to advise me accordingly on the best product for me and I wish to commend him for his professionalism. I found the atmosphere in the store very friendly. I felt welcomed in the store. I will recommend this particular store to friends. Thank you for a job well done. Keep up with the good services, the friendly attitude. All the very best to each and everyone. Kind regards.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I have replaced most appliances in the last few years at our home & guest cottage. We have bought refrigerators, stoves, and 2 sets stackable LG washer dryers. PC offers a 10 yr extended warranty & even if there is an issue, PC Richards handles it instantly. For me this company has been an invaluable asset in managing our home. I highly recommend them. Salesman Lenny & Rick are amazing & manager Matt are all exceptionally helpful & experienced. You can trust these folks. I never write reviews but they deserve mention. Thank you again for excellent service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about P.C. Richard & Son?

Original review: June 14, 2018

I always shop at PC for most home items, but this last experience won me over for eternity. The store manager Bob, and the kid Kyle worked together like clockwork satisfying my every need and device. I can go on and on but let's say it was the best customer service I've ever received.

Original review: June 12, 2018

On 6/6/18, we visited the Carteret, NJ store. We knew we needed to replace our oven. Ws usual, we looked around to get an idea of the new ovens and then visited BOBBIE. As always he sent us to a salesperson and helped us with whatever info we asked and made sure we were satisfied as always. Bobbie also suggested the extended policy which we took. Well, once again thanks Bobbie. See you again.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I purchased a refrigerator for an apt. I order it by the SPECS, Barry my salesman, pulled up on the PC Richard's computer. I ordered it because I liked the refrigerator based on the specs, as they did not have one on the floor. They delivered it to the apt, when I arrived I saw it was not to the specs I had ordered, I went over to the store and manager Eric said, "That was an error. Someone typed it wrong. I'll speak to district manager Monday and we will call you."

Well no one called me so I went over to the store. Barry went home and didn't answer my call and Eric never came out to speak to me. I was told I could get another fridge for a 1000. which I don't want to spend. I told them, "You made your problem my problem." I called my credit co and told them to hold payment, while I shop for fridge at another store. They were not nice and not very courteous. They acted like it was a common occurrence so no big deal, very disappointed. Will never shop at PC Richard's again. This is the first time I had a problem with the Francis Lewis Blvd NY store.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I was very pleased with the entire order process. The salesman Matt was extremely knowledgeable and is an asset to your store. He went over the entire delivery procedure. He pointed out that your delivery team will set up my new Weber barbecue and take away my old one.

Original review: June 10, 2018

I have been going there for the past three years. Almost everyone I have encountered there have been pleasant and helpful. I deal specifically with one associate, Kevin **. He always makes sure I walk out with a smile on my face and my item for purchase in my hand.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 10, 2018

After renovating we decided to install a wall unit to save window space. Knowing Friedrich had a good reputation we decided on the model necessary to work in the measurements we needed to cool the space. We had an electrician come and wire it independently and correctly. Went to PC Richards and purchased the unit. Installed the unit and it worked just fine. Quite loud but got the space cooled down fast. Always shut it down at bedtime as it wasn't necessary to leave it on. First season no problem here in NY. Closed it down/cleaned filters and wrapped it up for the winter. Next spring open it up and after maybe 3 days of use the compressor gave up.

I had not purchased the extended warranty and it was now 13 month after purchase date. So frustrating. Bought the updated replacement of the original...because we needed a machine to fit the Friedrich dedicated sleeve. Purchased extended 3 yr. warranty from PC Richards and got it installed. It worked 1 season! Turned it on for the first time 6/8/18 just 1 year after we bought it and it died after running only 2 hours on $ Saver setting. Won't come on period. So now PC Richards is sending a service tech here in a couple of days with what I hope is a replacement immediately. These machines are expensive. Consumers shouldn't expect 1 year only after spending near $1000.00. Terribly disappointed. Can I expect it last? Keeping my fingers crossed...what are the chances? I will say PC Richards was helpful and pleasant in getting me set up for service ASAP.

Original review: June 9, 2018

Today I had a great experience, I was welcomed with smiles by the employees and Kyle did such a great job assisting us to get the best value and deal for our new TV. I am extremely satisfied with the service! I definitely will come back and tell my friends to shop here before anywhere else!

Original review: June 9, 2018

Our experience from beginning to end was perfect with PC Richards as it always is. We were assisted via phone in ordering a microwave. We got a great deal. The microwave was delivered quickly and installed by two very polite and competent individuals. We are very satisfied.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 6, 2018

I am writing this since this is the last resource before I put a formal complaint at the BBB. I have bought the extended warranty because I wanted to protect my investment (Samsung Refrigerator) however it has been a nightmare. I just schedule the fourth repair and every time that they send a new repairman they change the same piece over and over again. However today I was told that they must reschedule since no one was at home. Hence my wife took PTO just for it. The technician claims that he ran the bell and no one was at home and within 5 minutes he is gone from my place.

I call the tech who has no manners and then I call the service center to deal with Mrs. ** who wants to blame all on us. She puts me on hold for almost 15 minutes just to tell me that the tech cannot come back. It took 15 minutes to heard that I need to reschedule while my milk, veggies and all the necessary stuff goes to waste for another week. Once again this is the fourth time going through this nonsense. We have wasted more time on waiting to be service and spend more money between the food that is no longer good and restaurants than a simple solution from this company. I hope that someone in upper management reads this sees my record and brings a final solution to this saga. I am just looking to have a normal unit nothing else. Thank you.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I have previously made several purchases at PC Richard and been satisfied each time. This time there was an problem but I was left me more than satisfied. We were remodeling our kitchen and worked with Salesman Anthony **, who was informative, easy to work with, made sure we received a good price (including finding not well publicized rebates) for a KitchenAid refrigerator, oven and microwave. Soon after they were delivered I noticed frost forming in the freezer. I contacted the store the Tuesday before Memorial Day and informed them. Within 48 hours they had sent service techs to our house and determined that the seals were not tight enough and offered to replace it.

We were resigned to the fact that given the holiday weekend we would have to be without a refrigerator (and working ice and water while the sink was out of commission due to the remodel) until sometime well after the holiday. However soon after the service techs left (on a Thursday afternoon) I received a call from the store which proceeded to schedule delivery of the replacement that Saturday. By Saturday afternoon we had a working refrigerator (with ice and water!). The true measure of a company is not how they do when things go perfectly, but how they respond when they do not (even though the issue with the refrigerator was clearly not their "fault"). I was delighted with the response and far more than satisfied with my purchases, our salesman and the service.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I just bought my appliance from PC Richard & Son and I had the best experience ever shopping for appliance around the store with the best sale Rep. (Hany) Who is very knowledgeable about all products & best customer service who process my order and set up all paperwork hassle free.

Original review: June 5, 2018

Just left PC Richard & Son as a very happy customer!!! I had purchased a microwave, along with other kitchen appliances in November, 2017. My contractor didn't try to install the microwave until May, 18. When my contractor went to install it, he discovered some damage preventing installation. PC Richard return policy is 30 days. On 6/5/18 I went to the Bay Ridge store and spoke to Nick. Nick patiently took the time to listen to my complaint about the damage, then got on the phone. Within minutes, he had arranged an exchange even though I was so very late in asking. I was a pleasure dealing with Nick and with PC Richard. I have always happily bought my appliances there, and plan to go back soon for air conditioners.

Original review: June 5, 2018

We have been customers of P.C. Richard & Son for about 35 years. Our experience with Mr. Chris ** and Mike ** and Sharon were more than satisfactory and reflected your company's practices and core values were knowledgeable and professional. We will be returning to your Watchung NJ store for all of our future purchases.

Original review: June 4, 2018

The salesman and manager were great. They were very knowledgeable and helpful. They spent a lot of time helping choose the right grill. I am very happy with my purchase. They even deliver it the next day. I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: June 3, 2018

I visited the store in Astoria today to purchase an air conditioner. The salesman Lee was knowledgeable and helpful and made my decision that much easier to make. I will be returning again to purchase a couple of other items and hopefully Lee will be there to assist.

Original review: June 2, 2018

We just purchased appliances for our new kitchen at PC Richard. We got a great deal for a refrigerator, stove, microwave and dishwasher combo and their service was fantastic!!! We recommend this PC Richard off of exit 12 NJ turnpike to all our friends.

Original review: June 2, 2018

The install team went above and beyond the call of duty and got a difficult installation job done. Microwave, range, dishwasher and washer/dryer all installed perfectly. They arrived at 12:30 and left 3 hours later. They managed to get a laundry enter unit into a closet it almost didn't fit in. Job well done.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I’ve never been to PC Richard in Jersey and I’m glad I came to the carteret one. The man who helped me pick out my mattress was Joe ** and he did phenomenal! The customer service was completely on point. He made my experience picking out a mattress less stressful than I thought it was going to be. Two thumbs up to PC Richard's customer service!

Original review: May 30, 2018

Delivery men were pleasant, professional and neat. I did note, however: 1) Large screw was left on my kitchen counter from the microwave installation; I trust this was an extra screw. 2) No warranty card was included with my TV; please send! 3) 6000 BTU Friedrich air conditioner: shortly after the installation was complete and right after the installers left, I went to turn the unit off and that is when I noticed the top was dented. Because of the dent, the front panel does fit securely. I look forward to hearing from you.

Resolution response: June 1, 2018

I filed a complaint with PC Richards customer service and all of a sudden they do service my area. A very nice technician came out yesterday to fix the problem. However, it's a good thing I didn't need a new motor because he didn't have one.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I bought a washer and dryer. First the dryer's base was broken and I had to pull teeth to get them to come out to replace it. I also bought a water purifier for the machine that would allow me to use cold water only. Not the case. When that was hooked up, the washer stopped working. Took them three trips to fix the problem. Washer just broke again and they don't service my area so they are sub-contracting it and the subs can come out for a week. In the meantime, I have a washer with wet clothes and no way to get them out of it. I would rather hand wash my clothes than purchase another piece of equipment from them. Sales are great, but service is absolutely horrible. I should have followed my first instincts and bought from Sears.

Original review: May 29, 2018

Joe ** and his team were extremely helpful. So easy to work with. I’ve been to a number of appliance stores from Best Buy to local appliance stores and P.C. Richards I find is the best both in service and price. I would highly recommend P.C. Richards in Carteret NJ.

Original review: May 28, 2018

I purchased a washer and dryer from P.C. Richard on Ralph Ave 2 yrs ago and paid for them to install everything for the gas. Then on 4/16/18 the dryer caught a fire in the basement and I called the Fire Department to put out the fire. The Fire Department informed me that the vent was installed wrong and they're surprised my house didn't burn down. Then I had to call the gas company to disconnect the gas line and they said I should be fined for the hook up being wrong, but I didn't do it. P.C. Richard's people installed the gas dryer. I then called Samsung, who blamed P.C. Richard and PC Richard's store manager and headquarters said; it was too old for them to be liable. My damages was all out of my pocket including me now needing a new dryer. Extremely annoyed by the treatment, because me and my family could have died in a fire and they didn't care.

Original review: May 28, 2018

I am Fully satisfied with my experience at the Carteret store. The staff at this location are knowledgeable, honest, and friendly. I felt like I got a good deal on the products. Not my first time going there and I will go again.

Original review: May 28, 2018

I had an issue with a washing machine I purchased. I called and spoke with a woman. Her name was Nancy. She was just wonderful. What great customer service she offered me! I went into the store the next day and happened to find her on the showroom floor and she helped me again with completing my order! She was great!

Original review: May 28, 2018

Weber Electric Grill - The salesman was personable & knowledgeable. We had some confusion of what brand to purchase and I purchased the wrong one. I immediately returned to the store to cancel the first order and to then order the CharBroil model we actually wanted. I thought that we could put together ourselves... what a mistake. I called the store and they referred me to a young rep who came to our home and assembled it for us. Because of the wonderful staff we only buy at PC Richards!

P.C. Richard & Son Company Information