Call toll free
4.31/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

In 1909, P.C. Richard & Son started a family owned business that has been passed down for five generations and continues to stand by three key principles today. Our company was built on honesty, integrity, and reliability.

P.C. Richard & Son has a service center for electronics and appliances. We also have a call center to serve our customers the way they deserve to be treated and handled after the sale. Let us take care of your appliance, electronics and mattress needs.

P.C. Richard & Son Video
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

2411 P.C. Richard & Son Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Worked with Dawn at the store in NJ on Rt 46. She spent so much time with us making sure we got what we needed at the best price. Her personality made the experience even better. The only place I will ever go now thanks to Dawn.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Great, experience as usual at PC Richard & Son, Forrest Hills store. I went looking to purchase a stove and was able to get one quickly. Frank was very helpful and knowledgeable. I am very happy with my purchase. Thanks again, Frank for your help.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

This is the only store who offered to deliver my appliance the next day. The sales clerk is amazing - very helpful and very nice. The store has the appliances I’m looking for. The prices are good and the people there offer to help you right away.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

We bought four appliances from Wayne, NJ. Salesperson name Dilip **, he helped us to select dishwasher, refrigerator, range and hood according to our needs and specifications. It was a very pleasant experience at P.C. Richard & Son. It was our first time shopping there.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Philip ** assisted me with the purchase of my Whirlpool refrigerator. He was extremely knowledgeable and courteous. He spent an ample amount of time with me explaining the different features on different models. My shopping experience with him led me to recommend PC Richards to my friends and family for the appliance and electronic needs.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about P.C. Richard & Son?

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Stove/Refrigerator Purchase - Our sales rep. was accommodating, helpful, and provided important delivery information. He did not pressure us in regard to choosing products or purchasing warranties. Also, the installers were prompt and did a good job. I would recommend PC Richard to a friend.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I have a front load Whirlpool washing machine. I bought the warranty thru PC Richard and am glad I did. I’ve had it about 6 yrs and lately it’s been giving me nothing but grief. They came out serviced it a few times but this time they said since I have the extended warranty I have a choice of fixing this one again or getting basically a new one that they would credit me whatever I paid for this one and I could go to PC Richard store and get a new one so that’s what I am doing. All I have to do is pay for a warranty again. I love PC Richard. They stand behind what they say and this isn’t the first time they stepped up and helped me. I will always shop here.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I had the appliance insurance and called PC Richard for a repair. The service from beginning to completion was excellent. After determining the nature of the issue, a repairman was dispatched within a couple of days. Dishwasher was repaired within an hour at no charge to me. The repair man was polite, and did his job very satisfactorily! I will continue to be a customer at PC RICHARD! Thank You PCR.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I went to P.C. Richard to purchase a sound system for my home. The salesman Philip was very helpful and knowledgeable about the products I was interested in. He was very helpful in helping me chose what was right for me. My Sonos system for my house sounds amazing and I couldn’t be happier.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

At approx 11 am on 1/12/19 I purchased a Samsung Electric range at the Deer Park location. The item was not only delivered but excellently installed by 9 AM the next day. The two delivery men did a terrific and efficient job of installing and removed all debris. I have dealt with PC Richard in the past and this experience reinforces the fact that I will continue to be a customer in the future.

P.C. Richard & Son response

Thank you for the great review, George!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Our driver was bought on August 2018, It has been repair 3 times already, waiting for the 4 repairman to come to our house on the 01/14/2019. It takes 3 hours and more to do a simple load, We tested different amounts and is a disaster. We ask for credit store to obtain a different brand of dryer. They denied our request. We were told that after 3 repairs we can get something else, is not happening. I don't think, I will go again to the to store and purchased from them unless this is fixed after this service. There are other major stores out there with no hassle if system problematic. How many repairs a new machine must have in order to be exchange?

Hello Jean,

A return authorization was put into your invoice to select a new dryer. You can contact Internet Sales at anytime to process the delivery of a new dryer.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I needed a fridge asap! It was a perfect experience from purchase to delivery--I was pleasantly surprised by a follow-up call to make sure the delivery went well. I like the way PC Richard on 125th Street does business! Thanks to all!

P.C. Richard & Son response

Thank you for the great review, Maxine! Enjoy the new refrigerator!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

1/3/2019 Enfield, CT store. I just wanted everyone to know how pleased I was with my experience tonight. I had reviewed recliners on your website last night but wanted to see in person. I was greeted by Tony **. In just a matter of minutes we hit it off, he knew what I wanted, asked all the right questions and I was hooked on the Italian leather wall hugger. Tony checked inventory, I can have Saturday, the sale was quick and easy and all because of Tony. And Justin, a manager was exceptionally helpful too. Great experience, would recommend a 1000%.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I own a few buildings and require to buy appliances all the times. I bought three stoves and 2 fridges this year from them. 2 of the stoves have issues right away for which we opened service tickets. Technician came to fix the problem over a dozen time but did not fix anything, but to get the next technician to come fix more. At this point my tenants are not paying rent and would not permit any more technician's visits as nothing was done to fix the problem in the last 12+ visits. They just simply want the stove replaced. I had to go buy a new stove although my warranty with PC Richard is still active and they won't issue credit. Their warranty is a scam and their service department is shameless. Their sales guys will sell you ALL with guarantees, but nothing done to fix my issues. I have opened a case against these guys with BBB and will go to court as well.

Good Morning,

I believe you have reached out on yelp regarding this issue as well. Please allow me to look into this with my management team

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Whirlpool refrigerator, black, While in the store the sales person was very accommodating. Showed me the name brands that come in the specific color I was looking for. It was ordered and I received it quickly as promised. The delivery came within the time frame they said.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I purchased a dryer from PC Richard. The installer came, installed it and took the old one away. A few days later we noticed it never was really heating up enough to dry the clothes. Turns out after looking into it the installer wired it for 110V not 220V as it's supposed to be. That was not what really upset me was that he ran the wire without using the proper hardware and left an unsafe condition with the potential for a fire. Attached is a picture.

Good Afternoon,

I forwarded your review to the Installation managers. I believe someone has contacted you to discuss.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

Over 15 years I have been shopping at P.C. Richard and Son and worked with Silvio ** at 23 Street and purchase All my appliances and 10 year extended warranties. Silvio is a remarkable, knowledgeable, helpful and courteous sales professional. He knows his products and is a pleasure to work with. I will only buy my Appliances and Mattresses from PC Richard and from Silvio because they are a Reliable Company.

P.C. Richard & Son response

Thank you for the very nice review, Mike!

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

GE over the stove microwave oven - Ordered over the phone. Excellent service. Delivered and installed promptly. I paid with credit card, but did not get receipt which should have been sent by e mail. Please send receipt. Bought from you before and have always been satisfied.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Recently purchased 70" LG TV online from P.C. Richard and Son. The site listed that TVs 50" and above, **cannot be returned**. As they offered an attractive price plus based on my earlier good experience of shopping in their store while living in Tristate area (I have now moved down south where there is no physical store located leaving online shopping as the only option), I decided to make this purchase through their website. The TV arrived via air freight as expected, on time. Engaged professional licensed installer to unpack and wall mount the TV. All went off flawlessly and my family is now enjoying the TV! Kudos to the PC Richard & Son team, couldn't have been more pleased with their offering! Wanted to spread the good word as it is such a rare commodity of late...

No response received
Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

We purchased the warranty at the time we purchased our washing machine. We never had a problem with the machine until now and we have had 3 service calls all with no resolve. They keep saying they need to order parts, they did and came to install and it broke again. They came back said they need to order more parts. Each time they come it's at least a week wait for the next appointment so now I have been without a washing machine for a month. I paid over $500 for a warranty that seems useless and the level of urgency and ability to fix the issue is low. I would NOT recommend purchasing from P.C. Richard.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I always have a great experience with P.C. Richards, Carle Place because of the attention I receive from Sanjay. He is very knowledgeable about the products and he assists me through the entire sales process. There is no guessing with him. His work ethic is to be commended.

P.C. Richard & Son response

Thank you for the very nice review, Sheryl!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I purchased a Maytag washer/dryer with two years of service, ten days past the two years the dryer breaks, repair cost was 319.00, two months later the washer breaks 331.00 to repair, while waiting for the repair the dryer breaks. I set up an appointment for the 24th. The repair guy shows up unscheduled fixes the dryer 131.00, I wasn’t home to pay him since he came unscheduled.

Finally my housekeeper turns on the washer IT DOESNT WORK AGAIN. I called the service department AGAIN and they tell me they can’t send a repairman because I have balance for today's Unscheduled work. Had to pay over the phone to be able to schedule an appointment for repair that they performed that was done incorrectly. WAS ON THE PHONE WITH THE WORST POSSIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE ATTENDANT. Was on the phone for more than an hour, asked to speak to a supervisor and was told I couldnt. Never again will step foot in a PC Richard store ever again.

Hello,

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience all of this has caused. I have forwarded this to The Service management Team for review.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

PLACE order for a soundbar on Nov 26th. Today Dec 18 and still not here. Call again today and told cannot guarantee will be here for Christmas. This will be a month for an online order. Terrible customer service. Told it is back order. No call, no email. Nothing. Just leave it up to the customer to call.

Good Morning Kurt,

Your product will be shipped out and will be expedited as per our Internet Sales Department. We apologize for the previous experience and delay.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

We purchased a GE refrigerator from P.C. Richard with an extended warranty. In August the ice maker stop working then in October it stopped cooling. As of this date 12/17/18 they have been to repair the refrigerator 4 times. We have lost food each time which is not covered by the warranty. For almost 2 months now we have been using a cooler with ice. I would not recommend buying any appliances from P.C. Richard even with an extended warranty. Not only have we lost hundreds of dollars in food but we almost lost thousands of dollars in medication that has to stay cool.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Not crazy about this dryer. What I've noticed using this dryer, is that it takes more time and hotter temperatures to get my clothes dry. (We are sure that it's not too close to the wall and the vent is fine.) Also, not happy with the vent duct that PC Richard sold. Said it was 8 feet long, turned out it was 6' and it broke completely as the installer tried to install it (wasted money on that duct). Also, we didn't need the gas line that was required to buy for free delivery. NOTE: If you purchase online, YOU MUST CALL ANOTHER PHONE number to arrange installation. It is NOT done when the appliance is delivered.

The phone rep never mentioned that, and he also did not inform me that the existing dryer needed to be disconnected (NOT by PC Richard) before the old dryer will be taken away. Fortunately, my husband could uninstall it AND fortunately the delivery men waited for him to finish before leaving with the old dryer. Very surprised that PC Richard will not allow an honest opinion to get onto their website.

Good Afternoon Arlene,

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience. Please allow me to forward this to management for review.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

They sell products that don't have in stock. Their message said to allow "2-3 weeks for delivery". After 2.5 weeks passed, I reached out to them, only to find out, that their statement was a LIE. They never intended to deliver the product in "2-3 WEEKS" as it's written on the website, simply because they don't have the product! It's not the first time it happened after placing order online. BE AWARE, THEY HAVE HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THEY WILL LIE STRAIGHT TO YOUR FACE. Will never hold to their promise. They don't care if you buy product with promotional price (as it was on other websites too) and now the same product somewhere else is much more expensive. WILL NEVER BUY FROM THEIR ONLINE STORE AND WILL MAKE SURE TO MAKE PEOPLE AWARE OF THEIR SERVICE.

Hello Monika,

I believe I am speaking to you on Facebook regarding this issue. We are receiving an update from Samsung tomorrow regarding your purchase.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

My GE washing machine purchased at the Bay Ridge PC Richard & Son needed repair because the start button was stuck. The GE maintenance repairman ordered the part but it was on back order for about two months. The PC Richard staff looked into the matter and immediately offered an exchange for a new replacement.

The Bay Ridge store manager, Mr Martin **, was extremely professional and courteous as he helped me select an replacement washing machine to be delivered and installed the very next day. This was not the firest assistance I received from Mr. Goetz as earlier this year I had an emergency with my home stove, requiring a 911 call. I had to purchase a new stove and Mr. ** and Mr. ** were both incredibly patient and helpful as I decided on the most suitable appliance for my budget and cooking needs.

Mr. **'s knowledge of the appliances within the PC Richard & Son store, coupled with his courteous professionalism and respect for client service are the reason for my five stars. I have been very happy with the many high quality appliances purchased at PC Richard throughout the years; but the customer service of Mr. ** will always bring out family back to the Bay Ridge location.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

My purchase experience was very good, sales rep Mohammad ** help me a lot. I'll recommend my friends & families to buy appliances from PC Richard definitely, I bought two refrigerators & two ranges & one microwave, prices was good also.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Had a new KitchenAid dishwasher delivered, used once per instructions, the dishes were dirty, and pod did not dissolve. Called for service and was told need a new inlet value, this is a brand new dishwasher! Called PC Richards, who referred me to Service - I told them, I want a new dishwasher. A brand new dishwasher should not have to have parts replaced. They told me, no, that they have to replace the part and then possible exchange for a new dishwasher. That does not make sense, not only am I inconvenienced for at least another week, it does not bode well for this dishwasher that it's damaged out of the box. I was told to take it up with KitchenAid. What kind of customer service is that!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

My LG fridge which was purchased in 2014 brand new went on Thanksgiving. Had to throw away all food in fridge and freezer. Took them over a week to get all parts in. Came out to replace the compressor and motherboard. Woke up next day to a completely warm fridge and freezer. Called them. They cancelled the appointment and told me would squeeze me in the next day. Now this has been 2 weeks today in which I have no fridge and had to throw out food 2 times in a 2 week period. They are not helpful at all! I can never get a manager on the phone. I have a family and a child to feed with a fridge I can’t keep food in therefore have been eating out and I can’t get any compensation on lost food. I will never buy another appliance or waste money on an extended warranty. Still waiting for this to be fixed!!!

Hello Jennifer,

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience. Please allow us to look into this and we will get back to you today.

P.C. Richard & Son Company Information