ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.72/5

In 1909, P.C. Richard & Son started a family owned business that has been passed down for five generations and continues to stand by three key principles today. Our company was built on honesty, integrity, and reliability.

P.C. Richard & Son has a service center for electronics and appliances. We also have a call center to serve our customers the way they deserve to be treated and handled after the sale. Let us take care of your appliance, electronics and mattress needs.

P.C. Richard & Son Video
View More View More

P.C. Richard & Son Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

It's October and who needs an new AC? Me that's who! I wanted a particular AC that was hard to find. I moved to Queens, but I reached out to Ralph ** the manager who works at the PC Richards on Kings Highway in Brooklyn NY, to locate it for me. He was always so helpful in the past. Of course, he found one for me right away. I wasn't able to make in the store for a few weeks so Ralph helped me place the order over the phone. I decided to get the warranty, Ralph took care of me and made everything affordable and hassle-free.

On delivery day, Ralph was off but checked in with me to make sure everything went smoothly. There was a hiccup with the delivery time, but that was an unforeseen delay. Sasha the manager working that day was quick to reach out and rectify the situation in all areas. The installation itself took 15 minutes tops and the delivery men were nice and professional. This type of service creates customers for life. I have been going to see Ralph since he use to manage the store on 86th St and 21st Ave, about 15-20 years ago.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 8, 2019

I wanted to share what a fantastic job PC Richard & Son does ensuring its customers well beyond 100% satisfaction!!! I have been a loyal customer for over 20 years and my amazing sales rep is - Hank ** - who has tirelessly worked over these years to provide me with the best deals and products. I have purchased a variety of brand products from my Samsung refrigerator, oven, and 4k Ultra TV, Whirlpool dishwasher, Friedrich and other brand air conditioners, Sonos Sound System, GE microwave, answering machines - and more.

If it’s an appliance - PC Richard is my one and only go to. In all these years I have rarely encountered any need for service. That said, I do take out extended warranties on any products I purchase over a few hundred dollars...just in case. And it's a good thing bc recently one of my AC’s had a problem but thankfully I had the extended warranty and a phone call to Hank and the service team made sure I was well taken care of right away. I am about to purchase an AC now for my son’s room and of course I didn’t hesitate to call Hank to order our new one. In doing so, I reflected on the vast number of years I have relied on PC Richard & Son, Hank ** and PC Richard's knowledgable team to keep my home running smoothly and efficiently.

Yes, I have been a very loyal customer, but it’s only because they genuinely respect their customers and greatly appreciate their customers' loyalty. They have made sure I could take advantage of many discount sales related to products I’ve been interested in, zero % interest financing offers, and incredible customer service. In my mind, there is no replacement for great personalized customer service with an expert- where you can pick up the phone or go into the store and have an in-depth conversation about a product you're considering purchasing as well as learn about brands you may not have even considered, but end up being better for your needs.

This company started out as a family owned business (I believe over 100 yrs ago) so I wanted to just say kudos to them for maintaining that type of personal dedicated attention to their clients even though they’ve grown into a very large business now. In a world where people rely more and more on faceless/voiceless click and pay - I think nothing beats a personal relationship w/ a salesperson or a company manager, and in order to maintain this type of business it's important customers share their satisfaction and appreciation too with others. Thank you again PC Richard & Son and Hank ** for all the fantastic support and service over the years, from a very happy long time loyal customer!!!

Original review: May 5, 2019

We spent our entire day shopping in big box stores for a new dishwasher. Needless to say we found it impossible to get help or find anyone who worked in the appliance department with any knowledge on the appliances they were selling! WELL THAT ALL CHANGED WHEN WE WENT INTO PC RICHARD ON ROUTE 440 IN JERSEY CITY! As we entered the store we were greeted by an extremely nice gentleman - his name is Benny, who was more than willing to help us. He took us right over to the dishwashers, asked us what we were interested in and answered all of our questions. He looked up videos to show us how different functions worked, talked to us about pros and cons of different brands etc. At no point was he pushy or just trying to make a sale!

Benny I thank you and the other gentleman who spoke to us! You have a customer for life! We are excited to get our new appliance and on the way out my husband decided it is time to replace our air conditioner. Once he checks the measurements we will be back to see you! Have a wonderful evening and thank you for your help, knowledge and professionalism! Sincerely, The ** Family. Bayonne, N.J.

P.C. Richard & Son response

Thank you for the great review, Rose!

Original review: April 28, 2019

I have been making all of my major appliance and big ticket electronics purchases from PC Richard & Son for many, MANY years. On Friday, 4/26/19, after reading countless reviews on different products, I was ready to purchase a dryer, a refrigerator and a dishwasher. I also needed a few accessories and I purchased the extended 5 year service contracts for each item. Not comfortable scheduling the delivery and installation online, I called the customer service number to make the arrangements. I spoke with a lovely lady named AnnMarie ** who was so sweet and knowledgeable, and she really went above and beyond the call. Unbeknownst to me, there was an outage in my area so my phone service kept disconnecting. AnnMarie had to call me back 4 times to complete my purchase, and she got my delivery scheduled for the very next day - on a Saturday! God bless you AnnMarie!

My delivery was scheduled between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. I didn't know it at the time, but the truck that my appliances were on broke down so another team of installers had to get them off the other truck and take over the job. I believe this was an act of divine intervention because Victor and Omar were amazing! The dryer and refrigerator installations went off without a hitch. They only had to remove my kitchen door to fit the fridge through but have clearly done so many times before. The house I live in is quite old so when Victor pulled out the old dishwasher, the connection was anything but standard.

Luckily he was up to the challenge and he and Omar were able to get it up and running. Victor said that the team who was supposed to do the installation originally would probably have refused and made me call a plumber. I'm disabled and on a fixed income and Victor understood how important it was for me to have the dishwasher because standing to wash dishes was killing my back. God bless you Victor and Omar! As an added bonus, Victor and Omar are cousins and enjoy picking on each other. They were so funny and very entertaining and it was clear that they really enjoy working together. I got new appliances professionally installed and a free comedy show! Thank you P.C. Richard for hiring such wonderful people!

P.C. Richard & Son response

Thank you for the great shout out, Laura!

Original review: March 19, 2019

Hi. My name is Adam **... I bought my home in 2011 and due to your excellent sales team I have bought every appliance for my home from you since then. I bought an LG washing machine approx. 2 year ago and since then have had problems with it several times over the last month. Techs have come to try and fix it to no avail. Stress out and irritated I call customer service for help. Today I spoke with the most friendly and helpful agent you have. Her name is Priscilla. Not only did she assure me everything was gonna be fine she overlooked my account and saw the issues I was having. She was able to get me a credit to buy a new washing machine all while dealing with my irateness while still being pleasant on the phone. Priscilla you are an angel... And I hope PC Richard knows what kind of valued employee you truly are. Sincerely Adam **.

Hello Adam,

Thank you so much for the amazing post for Priscilla. She is a great addition to our team.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about P.C. Richard & Son?

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

I was in need of a new mattress and adjustable base. I had visited several other mattress stores and outlets but I was most comfortable at P.C. Richard. I explained my wants and needs to my sales rep. (Art). I was under no pressure to to select from other higher priced mattresses, and P.C. Richard's price was very competitive. I walked out happy with my purchase and I'm sure I will return to P.C. Richard for additional purchases.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

Bought a car radio. The service was excellent. The salesperson was knowledgeable and very professional. They spend time to explain everything and helped us get a radio that we could afford. The whole staff made us feel that we were family.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

We recently contacted your company for our broken dryer. A very professional service technician arrived at our home. His name is Jose. He is an expert in his trade. He knew immediately when he listened to the dryer what it needed. He was clean, neat and went above and beyond. He is an asset to your company. Thank you for having this employee helping people at PC Richard. We are very grateful. Thank you. The ** Family

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

I bought a Samsung flatscreen tv and Bose soundbar. I'm very happy with my recent purchase and installation. They were very helpful. Eric was great with assisting on my purchase and with his recommendation. He was in contact with me about delivery info.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

Bought five items at P.C Richards and can't say enough about the service. The store is pleasant to visit and all the employees are helpful. Our salesperson was Sehun, no doubt when I need another appliance I'll return. Thank you.

P.C. Richard & Son Company Information