4.69/5
Based on 544 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

In 1909, P.C. Richard & Son started a family owned business that has been passed down for five generations and continues to stand by three key principles today. Our company was built on honesty, integrity, and reliability.

P.C. Richard & Son has a service center for electronics and appliances. We also have a call center to serve our customers the way they deserve to be treated and handled after the sale. Let us take care of your appliance, electronics and mattress needs.

P.C. Richard & Son Video
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 25, 2018

2220 P.C. Richard & Son Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 25, 2018

My recent purchase was just another example of the exemplary sales and customer service experience I've encountered over the many years I've been a customer of this store. My salesman, Trevor **, was not only very knowledgeable but courteous and patient with us while we made our decision. He did an outstanding job. The experience was only made better by the two delivery men who encountered what I'm sure must have been one of the most difficult deliveries they've ever encountered. They needed to bring the washing machine underneath a deck which, unfortunately, is probably only four feet off the ground, making it impossible to stand up underneath it.

To make matters worse, they then had to bring it through a window which was at ground level. They were efficient, personable, and performed a very difficult delivery and set-up with a smile and made sure I was satisfied with everything before they left. Also, the door to the laundry room had been removed so that the unit would fit through the frame and they even offered to put the door back on before they left. I can't say enough good things about these two guys - they were the perfect example of great customer service. Unfortunately I neglected to get their names, but I hope they can be recognized for their outstanding customer service.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 23, 2018

Great customer Service, good deals, great warranty, helpful staff, good attitude and attention to details. Chris our sales manager answered his cell phone quickly and promptly called us back and then came over my house to solve problem all in the same day. Very happy.

Original review: April 23, 2018

Mo was very friendly and informative when I came in to buy a Maytag washing machine. He provided helpful information about the product and reasons why the product I was purchasing was a good choice. I would purchase another product from him in the future.

Original review: April 22, 2018

Chris ** was extremely knowledgeable and took the time to answer all of our questions regarding functions, specifications, rebates, and installation instructions. He was able to share his own personal experiences with LG washer/dryers and made us feel very confident with our purchase decision.

Original review: April 21, 2018

Around September or October 2017 I entered the P.C. Richard in Carle Place. I was greeted by Rich **. I purchased a Samsung 4K HD TV size 49 inch. It is a beautiful TV, the pictures are great and the price was unbelievable. So in March 2018 I returned to P.C. Richard to purchase another. This time I was assisted by Ron. I placed a down payment on another Samsung 4k HD 49 inch TV. However when it came time for the TV to be delivered that brand was no longer in stock. Ron took control and made sure I received a replacement TV and within the price range (it in fact was less than I originally paid) and I had the TV 2 days later. It turned out it is a Samsung 50 inch 4k TV.

Long story short both this gentleman were very helpful in assisting with my purchases and I would recommend that should you be in the need for electronics you visit P.C. Richard in Carle Place and ask for either Rich ** or Ron. You will be in great hands with both these gentleman.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about P.C. Richard & Son?

Original review: April 21, 2018

Very good experience in every way. Salespeople knowledgeable and helpful. Delivery as promised with a call before arrival. Also several e-mails to keep everyone informed. I've always had a good experience shopping at P.C. Richards and I would highly recommend to all my friends.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Joe and Sehun were the most helpful with our mattresses purchase. They worked with us and we were very satisfied with our price and quality of the merchandise. The selections were fantastic and plentiful and the deals were amazing. We would definitely come back again and again for future purchases.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Craig is very knowledgeable and helped make our experience and decision easier. He has assisted us in many previous purchases. PC Richard is the first place we go to purchase our appliances and electronics. We are always happy with our purchases and experiences.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I've been buying from P.C Richard and Son for many years. Spent thousands of dollars the very best products. Their sales people are extremely wonderful. Make you feel like family. Love the establishment and would recommend to family and friends.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Roy is incredible his knowledge of the appliances is amazing!! Great service and quick!! Every time we go there he has the best stuff!! I recommend everyone to him because he is honest and trustworthy and a gentleman.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I purchased my Maytag washer and dryer with warranties from Chuck **. I am a fellow firefighter and Chuck was very professional in his knowledge and friendly and personable with his handling of my purchase. He gave me excellent advice on the products according to my needs and I am very happy with the deal he gave me as a fellow firefighter. I was recommended to Chuck by another firefighter and have purchased from him in the past, and I always recommend him to the other members of my fire department. If I ever need anything that P.C. Richard carries, I have and will immediately call Chuck and I know that I will get the best service and best deal possible along with the peace of mind that I am purchasing from someone that I trust who genuinely has my best interests at heart.

Original review: April 15, 2018

Excellent service. Corey, our sales rep was excellent getting the refrigerator ordered and delivered in three days. Would highly recommend P.C. Richard to anyone looking for new appliances or televisions. We purchased at the North Haven Ct store on Wednesday April 11, 2018, after a very negative experience at another vendor.

Original review: April 14, 2018

Salesperson, Hani, was helpful, polite, professional and amazing, knowledgeable about the products and which is suitable for our need. He helped not only to purchase but also accommodating our schedule to arrange the delivering, installation and taking away old machines. Delivery guys was on time and did great job removing old appliances too.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I am so pleased with the customer service I receive whenever I go to PC Richards. I've bought numerous products from their Carteret store from humidifiers to washing machines. My appliances always get delivered right on time and without damage. In particular the store manager, Joe **, has always been very helpful and has always gone the extra mile to make sure all my needs are met. There is no other place I would trust to deliver this type of service and I will continue to be a loyal customer.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I buy all my appliances from PC Richard. I purchased an All Fridge All Freezer set in 2012. The Freezer needed to be replaced in 2017 after countless service calls. This year the Fridge gave out before Easter-after only 6 years! The service people sent parts for the wrong fridge! Again I buy all my appliances from them even my rental properties. They installed the wrong compressor part in my fridge voiding manufacturer warranty. Now they told me to replace the fridge but since the price changed I must pay the difference over $300!!! Manager, Jose, of Nanuet, was rude and belligerent.

Original review: April 10, 2018

The staff at the P.C. Richard & Son in Carteret NJ were fantastic. Got a great deal on an entire kitchen appliance set along with a washer/dryer from Joe **. We were assisted by Osei when deciding what was best for our needs. He was very knowledgeable and patient while working with us to figure everything out. Got everything we needed and with a discounted warranty. We will definitely be back there soon for more! Highly recommended. Thanks again guys!

Original review: April 7, 2018

Several months ago I went into the P.C. Richard store at 205 E. 86th Street. Although I was just researching three major appliances and was not ready to purchase anything, salesperson ** was courteous and very informative about the specifications on the products that I needed. He was remarkably patient with the many questions that I asked, encouraged me to take my time in perusing the appliances, and gave me his card before I left. Impressed with **'s professionalism, I returned on 2/23/18 to make the purchases.

I presented ** with competitors' prices and offers on my selected appliances and he matched every offer regarding price, delivery and installation - which occurred on 3/6/18. When the dishwasher had to be replaced because of a defective leg, ** immediately took care of the matter and arranged for 2 day delivery and installation by excellent installers, E. and E. Plummer. **'s attention to detail and his expeditious response to me made for outstanding customer service. I feel confident in recommending customers to ** at P.C. Richard & Son.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I just purchased a Frigidaire electric stove at the Lake Grove showroom. I have had nothing other than a great experience, from purchase to receipt. Kudos to Joe and Ibraham. Everyone was helpful and friendly. They even adjusted the price when an employee sale was in effect. I recommend the store at Lake Grove, PC Richard & Son highly.

Original review: April 6, 2018

Friedrich slide out A/C - I bought this from Abu (**) in store #64 on the Upper West Side, B’wy & 86 st. NYC. Abu & his manager were wonderful with me & made buying my AC a really good experience! Also, I had to switch the delivery date, which Abu handled, & it was delivered on the new date without a hitch. Thank you very much, P. C. Richards!

Original review: April 6, 2018

Salesperson was helpful and went out of his way to inform me about the product, and to help complete the sale. There was a protection agreement which needed to be dealt with, and it was taken care of efficiently and quickly.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I have been a customer for over 20 years and I’m only 46. Never a doubt in my mind on where to go for all my home appliances, electronics and all of my many TVs. On my last venture I was helped by Jerome ** and I can not be more pleased with my experience. He not only helped with our purchase but made sure everything went as I wanted!! Great prices and most of all Great people make a business!! Thank you!!!

Original review: April 5, 2018

The appointment was timely kept. The two workers acted in a very professional manner, and completed the above the installation of the new dishwasher and the removal of the old expeditiously and without a hitch. I would highly recommend P.C. Richard based upon this experience.

Original review: April 5, 2018

The delivery was on time. Installers were skilled and friendly. Job done neatly and expertly. Went above and beyond when I didn’t hear the doorbell and persisted for a while instead of just leaving. Wonderful experience for a change. I will use PC Richard again definitely.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I could not be more pleased with the customer service I received. The manager Joe was extremely helpful and professional, he hooked me up with salesperson Scott who was just phenomenal! Scott was very knowledgeable about products and services offered by PC Richards. I will not go to any other store ever again! They have everything you need and treat you as if you were their only customer! Sending everyone I know to PC Richards in Carteret, NJ!!! The best shopping experience I ever had! Thank you Scott & Joe! Amazing people!

Original review: April 3, 2018

Elmont Store Purchase - I just bought a new A/C unit from Craig. He was by far the best salesperson I have ever dealt with at P.C. Richard - very knowledgeable, respectful and courteous. I will only see him from now on! Thank you.

Original review: April 3, 2018

My wife and I bought a new washer and dryer and Joe ** made the buying experience fantastic. He was a pleasure to deal with. The delivery was also on time and a great experience. Thanks again for taking the stress out of shopping.

Original review: March 29, 2018

Carson a manager at the Levittown store helped me out. He along with his superiors were very helpful. They did the right thing to correct an earlier Dryer problem with lazy previous installers. Because of this completed successful project I will purchase from them in the future in fact this same Levittown store.

Original review: March 29, 2018

We walked into the store shopping for a new stackable washer and dryer. Within 45 minutes we were out the door with purchase complete. The sales associate, Fred, was amazing and was able to help us pick out new appliances. He answered all of our questions and even helped us with information on government rebates. The delivery and installation was also very professional. The installer helped us identify a fire hazard with our laundry configuration, which we will be following up on. Our install was not easy. Our stacked unit goes into a small closet with plugins and water connections at the back of the closet. They also put the unit in an overflow pan, which we purchased elsewhere. The prices on the washer and dryer were competitive. The costs for delivery and installation were almost nothing and they hauled away the old units at no cost. We will definitely shop at P.C. Richard again for our next purchase.

Original review: March 29, 2018

My wife and I bought all our appliances with Milton's help when we moved into our apartment a number of years ago and we were very impressed with his knowledge, his patience, and his eagerness to give us the best service possible. It was very pleasant and reassuring to have him as our salesman. We were very happy to reconnect with him when we needed to replace our stove because there wasn't a replacement for a part that we needed. Once again, he gave us great advice and made the process as smooth as possible. The men who delivered it also did a great job. Very careful and considerate of our concerns about our kitchen. In summary, a positive experience.

Original review: March 29, 2018

I needed a washing machine ASAP and I was not disappointed. I was set up with next day delivery - the day of the Nor'easter and the guys showed up and were courteous and pleasant and got my machine set up in no time! I would rate PC Richards 11 out of 10.

P.C. Richard & Son Company Information