Call toll free
4.54/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

In 1909, P.C. Richard & Son started a family owned business that has been passed down for five generations and continues to stand by three key principles today. Our company was built on honesty, integrity, and reliability.

P.C. Richard & Son has a service center for electronics and appliances. We also have a call center to serve our customers the way they deserve to be treated and handled after the sale. Let us take care of your appliance, electronics and mattress needs.

P.C. Richard & Son Video
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

2355 P.C. Richard & Son Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

Delivery of 4 Kitchen Appliances including Fridge. The 2 men were extremely fast and professional. In fact, since I was having a contractor install everything, I told them to leave the door off the fridge and the contractor would take care of it. Unfortunately, that is not PC Richard & Son Policy - such is life. They came back after calling management and installed the doors and the fridge in the proper space. Everything was done perfectly. It could not have been better. In my opinion, you should financially reward those who deliver more merchandise per day on average than their co-workers to make sure they stay with you. Not everyone is suited to delivering big items quickly and dealing with difficult people, hence my suggestion.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I was very happy with the service provided to us by Mr. David ** at the Paramus store. He spent a lot of time with us and worked very hard at getting us a fair deal when our three year old LG refrigerator couldn't be fixed. The service provided by the extended warranty however, was absolutely AWFUL. Hours on hold, three days missed from work, 18 days without a refrigerator.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Kitchenaid Refridgerator purchased in 07/2017. Had service on 08/13/2018 for frost buildup in unit. 09/19/18 reported same problem. Three weeks later nobody seems to understand how to fix it or what part to order! Bought the extended 10 year warranty. Every time I call the 1800 number I am told the supervisor left, is at lunch, or the part is due in that day... Problem is each time you get a different person/supervisor. I have a family of five and living without a refrigerator is difficult. Would not recommend the extended service as nobody cares.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

P.C. Richard & Son will be my go to store for appliances, bedding and electronics from now on. I made a purchase recently. It was the most comfortable and seamless process ever! The sales counselor was knowledgeable and pleasant. The entire staff was friendly and efficient. I suggest you shop there where shopping is stress free.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Shahidul ** at P.C. Richard & Son in College Point, Queens NY provides the best customer service! He is knowledgeable and professional. I always go to him first for appliances, new or replacement, and always recommend him to my friends and families. He is simply the best!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about P.C. Richard & Son?

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

We had a very positive experience last week to make a purchase in Kings Hwy location. Sales person Irakli and manager Steve were very helpful and professional. We are definitely will recommend them to our friends and family. Excellent delivery and installation service. On time, helpful and professional as well. Thank you for doing a good job.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

My 14 month old Kitchenmaid fridge is malfunctioning. When we press the dispenser for ice, water come out of the water side. The water goes all over the fridge and my floor. The finish on the stainless steel door is completely ruined and is showing rust spots. I bought the extra service plan and P.C. Richard is suppose to stand behind their product. However, they keep throwing if back that it the manufacturers' fault. They won't replace the fridge because it's "cosmetic". But I explained this was caused from the "mechanical" problem. They are rude and nasty when I call the service number. Horrible! Finally got the Customer Service Manager, who was nice. I've been told they will order new doors but will take 6-8 weeks. Better than nothing I guess, but the "reliable" service I was expecting from this company has not met my expectations.

Hello Paul,

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience this is causing. I forwarded this to upper management and they will be reviewing this.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

Purchased my refrigerator in 2015 and it has recently become an absolute nightmare. After 3 visits from P.C. Richard service personnel who seem unqualified, it still isn't fixed. I am being told that they will exchange it but I lose my remainder of the Service Plan. I paid for 5 years not 3. This solution is unacceptable and we were further aggravated after being hung up on by customer service. Not a chance I will ever purchase here again.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

Though my representative was excellent, **, from 86th st PC Richard location, when the delivery men arrived at my apartment on time, my doorman said that they did not have the certification in the computer to let them in. It was straightened out in a short time, but I don’t know why it happened to begin with to delay the process. Once in, everything was set up as planned.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

In December 2017 we purchased our Samsung dryer and matching washer. Nine months later, it shuts off after 3 minutes. I have called the 1-800 repair service and the earliest they can come out is 10 days after I called!!! And that’s just to look at it, I’m sure they will have to order the part(s) and wait for that to come in, schedule a time to come back and fix it. We are potentially looking at 3 weeks without a dryer I’ve had for less than a year.

In addition, I have been chasing these people for three days now, trying to see if there’s any way someone could come sooner. They said they would have someone call me and no one has and I even called the manager (Rich) at the Manchester, CT store where I purchased the appliance to see if he could help and he never called me back. This by far is the WORST customer service I ever dealt with. First, going without a dryer (that I paid a lot of money for) for potentially 2-3 weeks with a family is quite difficult but the fact that no one has called me back in the three full days I’ve been dealing with this is despicable. I will be sure to NEVER use PC Richard again for any future purchases.

Good Morning Carly,

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience. Myself and my management team are going to be looking into this to assist you.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Alex at the Danbury CT location was a pleasure to deal with as my wife and I needed to purchase a new TV, as technology has changed he spoke to us in a way we understood the new TVs. We would recommend him to anyone in the same situation.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Store 66 2399 Richmond Avenue Staten Island, NY 10314 Heartland Village. The one near the mall. Amazing Sales and Customer service. I been going to this store for over 11 years. ** is my sales rep is knowledgeable, patient awesome salesman. He IS the reason I come back again and again to the Staten Island store. 11 years ago I went in and met him. He I became almost like friends and business partners. He sells me the best I can afford. At really competitive prices. I used to live in Staten Island then I moved to New Jersey. I now drive to Staten Island when I need to buy something to see **. I just did this Labor Day for my new 4 piece LG black stainless steel kitchen. I have spent nearly 20k in this store. In the past 11 years. Over the years I have moved a bit.

I have bought from ** 3 blue ray players, HD video player, 1 stackable washer dryer, 1 Samsung front loading washer, 1 front loading dryer with bases, Samsung 52 inch tv, a 40 inch tv 9/18 - a 4 PIECE LG black stainless stainless steel kitchen, fridge/dishwasher/micro hood range/stove, 3 other refrigerators LG/Samsung/whirlpool, 1 mini fridge, a home theater massage chair, a dehumidifier, Bissell Crosswave, Onkyo 4 HDMI home there receiver, Bose CineMate system, toaster, Big Sony boom box, Monster Cable home theater power conditioner and surge protector, various high end HDMI cables and other surge protectors, Panasonic home phone. I have OLED big screen TV purchase also in my future 2019.

I went 1 time to the store near me in New Jersey. It just was not the same. This is the only store I shop for my appliances and ** is the only guy I talk directly to. I always buy the warranties because sometimes they def payout. My 52 inch tv had a problem I think 2 years in. They came and took care of it for me. The P.C. Richard card is great. It lets me buy upfront and pay off little by little. It how I paid for all of this over the years. I buy and pay it off buy and pay it off. I can't say enough good things about the store and its staff. Shop this store for all your home good needs. Ask for my guy ** at STORE 66! He's got the know so you can buy with peace of mind and go home happy. Thanks **. You rock dude. Always patient and knowledgeable!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

As the owner of several rental properties, I have purchased several appliances with PC Richard over the years. The salespeople are always very nice and a couple of times honored sales prices when the sale was over. However, there always seems to be a problem when it comes to delivery and installation. Parts needed are either wrong or missing, then everything has to be rescheduled. Such a waste of time and effort for me and PC Richard. Not sure I'll go back, the savings is not worth the hassle and waste of my time.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I have been shopping at P.C. Richards for last 25 yrs and I am never disappointed. They always have great prices and super customer service. My contact salesman Cliff is very knowledgeable, friendly and a good friend. He has helped me when I had to choose between two similar models and also when I had to return a product (I measured area incorrectly).

No response received
Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

They missed the delivery window by 3 hours, ignored the delivery instructions and caused damage to the home bringing in the appliance. Ignored all responsibility. Extremely disappointed in their unresponsive customer service.

Good Morning,

I am very sorry to hear about this experience. Please reply with your invoice number so I can look into this. Thank you very much.

No response received
Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I have spent quite a bit of money at PC Richard. Last year I purchased a new bed, not even a year later bed had a large indentation. I called the service dept. A couple of days later a tech showed up at my house, he spend a half hour taking measurements. He left and gave some paperwork. I never received any phone calls. WELL 3 MONTHS GOES BY SO I CALLED THE PHONE NUMBER ON PAPERWORK. Called 6 times could not reach anyone, called corporate also. So I went to store and spoke with store manager. Said someone would call me back soon, well here it is a week later. No call!!! I will never shop any PC Richard again.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

My Samsung refrigerator has been repaired 1/10/18 (new ice maker) 6/22/18 (new ice maker) twice in July (refrigerator section was running 57 degrees repairman fixed portion of it still ran warm (45 degrees) parts were ordered specifically back panel sensor and fan). Now again repairman came on Tuesday has to again replace back panel and sensor was told on Wednesday part would be in Thursday. It is now Saturday still waiting for a part. I have run out of patience. Apparently there is a long list or requirements before they will pronounce an appliance unrepairable. Meanwhile here I wait.

Updated on 09/21/2018: On 9/10/18 PC Richard emailed me to apologize for the inconvenience and would try to expedite the parts on order. On 9/14/18 again my refrigerator was fixed. All of this requiring me to take time off from work each time. Today 9/21/18 AGAIN my refrigerator is not functioning properly, again making loud whirring noise and temperature not correct. Called PC Richard this am and was told Samsung has to approve an exchange and I can make another service appt. This time the service appt will be with a 3rd party service company. That 3rd party service company came to fix my gas dryer the first week of August and in 90 degree weather he made me turn the heat on because he could not figure out how to light the pilot light on the dryer, which he was unable to fix anyway. Needless to say I am not hopeful this refrigerator will be fixed in the near future. I am disgusted with the runaround.

Good Morning Kathleen,

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience. I am going to have our team look into this issue and we will get back to you today with some answers. Thank you for your patience.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

Purchased new mattress at PC Richard and Son located 50th Street and Queens Boulevard. Quality merchandise. Top Notch customer service. At a great price!

Salesman and store manager treated me like I was family. Very satisfied customer. I highly recommend this store.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

Went to purchase a new dishwasher. The service we were given goes above and beyond. All questions answered, we asked a lot and spent a lot of time. We were given great service and everything was explained to us. The delivery was setup for the next day as we requested. After completing the sale and all was paid I asked a question. Do you give disabled vets a discount. I was told yes. I said I guess its to late. The manager was brought into the sale and redid the order giving the discount. Thanks for the fine service to a customer and a vet. Please let all employees involved a copy and note how valuable they are to your company. Two great employees.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I purchased an oven a couple years ago from P.C. Richard, recently the element caught on fire, Whirlpool came out and fixed it free of charge. PC Richard had came out and charged money for their 5 minute service call to tell us what we already knew, the element was bad. We were told from the beginning we wouldn’t be charged for anything because a fire could be very dangerous and Whirlpool stands behind their products and fixed it for us. 3 months later we got a bill from PC Richard charging us for coming out to look at it which costed more than what we would’ve paid Whirlpool to fix it. I’ve spent over $5000 collectively at PC Richard, got all my appliances, TV, etc. I have family now in the market looking for appliances and will no longer shop there and will make sure I NEVER recommend anyone to shop at PC Richard for their lack of empathy towards their customers.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I met a young man by the name of Kevin who works at the Cateret store, he went above and beyond to help me purchase a refrigerator. God richly bless you Kevin and keep up the good work. PC Richard needs to hire more people like you.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

When I moved into my current house in 2014, I decided to replace all the major appliances in the kitchen. I went to P.C. Richard in the area, which was a new experience for me, having come from a part of my state where I'd never heard of them before. They had all the appliances I needed, including an induction range. I specifically wanted induction because I am physically handicapped, and the induction stove top does not actually heat up like most stoves. The burners absorb some heat from the pans that are actually what generates the heat, but it is not enough that you can get a bad burn on it if you fall and land on a burner. On top of the fact that they had even the one induction range in stock, which was unusual at the time for appliance dealerships, they offered me an excellent credit arrangement, which allowed me to pay for the appliances over three years without paying any interest on the credit.

I was happy at the purchase end, which appears to be the case with a majority of the folks who respond here. The great majority appear to be speaking of their response regarding satisfaction with the purchase. I think, to be honest, it is almost silly to give a retailer too much credit for doing what retailers are supposed to do, though. People carry on about how wonderful P.C. Richards is, simply because their salespeople were helpful with the sales and the purchases were delivered in a reasonably timely fashion. In all honesty, that is what retailers are supposed to do, and to carry on about it as if it were a marvel when it happens strikes me as almost silly. I had similar good fortune with the purchases, and while I couldn't reasonably lessen my respect for the company tied to that, it far from makes up for the more important issue tied to appliance sales, and that is product support when things go foul down the road.

That is where a company either makes it or fails, and I can say without doubt, after my experiences, I will never use P.C. Richard again for purchase of anything. I purchased a refrigerator, over-the-stove microwave, and dishwasher in addition to the stove. I have had no problem with any of the other appliances that I could not deal with readily by reading the owner's manual or calling the manufacturer (they were all Samsung appliances). The stove unfortunately proved to be a different thing. Of course, the fact that the other appliances have worked fine for four years is tied more to the manufacturer than to the seller, but in dealing with the problems, I purchased a ten year warranty through P.C. Richard for the range and refrigerator, and my experience in using those has been sad, to say the least.

I had problems with the stove the first time within a few months of purchase. As I am physically handicapped, I have times when I am too distracted to do much cooking, and I find other ways to eat. As such, I had not even used the stove much when it went sour the first time. In all honesty, as things turned out, the stove stopped working because a metal bus bar melted in my breaker box. It allowed the stove to get just enough current to light the lights, so I had no idea the power was out, but there was not a 240 W service required to operate a stove. The problem was that even the P.C. Richard repairman, who is supposed to be a professional, failed to recognize the problem was tied to the electrical supply until they went as far as providing me with a second, brand new stove, only to find that it did not work any better, and it continued to show the same error code.

Of course, I cannot blame them for that problem, and they did go as far as providing me with a second, new stove, but it took the better part of a month without me having availability of a stove to use to cook meals before I was able to cook again, and I think that is absurd. I have used other private appliance repair services and found the work to be done the next day in both cases. The repairman would come out one day to analyze the appliance and take a day to get the parts needed for the repair, and I was back to business in one day--not one month! Beyond that, even though I had purchased a ten year warranty, they promptly informed me that the warranty was null and void because they had to replace the appliance. That was absurd, given that I had only had it for a few months, and to that point it was well within the manufacturer's warranty period, and there really wasn't anything wrong with the stove at all.

It was as if I, a private home owner, should have been the one to recognize there was a problem with the power supply to the stove, rather than the professional repairman who worked for P.C. Richard. As far as I am concerned, it is his lack of attention or knowledge that resulted in P.C. Richard replacing a perfectly sound appliance. Once the new stove showed the same error code, it struck me as obvious that it must be a problem with the power. I called my electrician to come check it out, he repaired the breaker panel, and the new stove worked fine. So I had two issues with that first interaction with P.C. Richard's repair services. The first was that it took a month of waiting for parts and scheduled repair visits and one cancelled repair visit before they got around to dealing with my problem.

The second was that, in the end, they replaced a perfectly good appliance, rather than to recognize it was a problem with the electricity, and then wanted me to have wasted my investment in the ten year warranty, when that certainly was not my responsibility to figure out. They were the ones who made a mistake in giving me a new stove, and that even troubled me, because I do not like seeing major things turned into garbage like that, especially when it is not appropriate. And it is plainly as if these people who sell appliances don't recognize that it doesn't fit into life to have to go a full month without a functioning stove. Everything P.C. Richard does is plainly for the convenience of P.C. Richard and not the customer. You have a problem and you wait and wait until they can manage to get the parts and then fit it in their schedule to come to your house and work on the problem.

I was able with significant forceful communication to get them to reconsider on my ten year warranty, and it recently became necessary for me to apply my service warranty to the same appliance. This experience was worse than the first. The curious thing was that right around the time the second failure occurred, I had pretty much decided it was time to get a different stove and that I would sell this one used to someone for a good deal, if they wanted to get their feet wet with the induction stove. My motivation was that I finally came to realize that for me working from a wheelchair, it was workable but far from convenient to have to reach across the stove top and steaming water or sputtering grease to reach the control panel on the back of the stove top. When I bought the stove, the technology was fairly new, and there were not many options in induction stoves.

I came to realize that now there were better options, that included stoves with knobs on the front of the stove to control the stove top and two smaller ovens instead of one big one, so it would be convenient to bake at two different temperatures at the same time. In spite of my prior experience with P.C. Richard, I even still gave them the benefit of the doubt and looked to see if they offered any different induction range from what I had bought from them in the first place, but they did not. There came a sale through another company online for a GE induction range product that looked perfect for my use, and I purchased it before P.C. Richard had even started to try and repair the existing stove.

Things were worse this time than the first. I gave them the stove error code over the phone. They assured me that let them know exactly what was wrong and what parts to get to repair it. I had to wait for the part to arrive and then to schedule an appointment with one of their repair staff. When he finally came, he took a look at the stove and left within five minutes, explaining that they had not ordered one of the parts he would need. He would put the part in for order and schedule an appointment to come back as soon as it was in. I waited well over a week for that, and then I got a phone voice mail that he had some personal problem and had to take the day off, so I would have to reschedule. Because of those delays, I had already had to delay shipment and installation of my new stove twice, as I was anxious to get this stove fixed so I could sell it, and I couldn't move it away from the power supply to replace it if they were to fix it.

He finally came out with the new part, having left the first part ordered at my house that first day. He put the two parts in, and the stove still did not work. The breaker panel and the power supply to the stove were fine now. In response to all of that he took a closer look and finally found out what had afflicted the stove. A field mouse had found its way to the electrical connections on the back of the appliance and its tiny body was cooked to the terminals, basically shorting the stove out. He would have to order more parts, now to include a replacement power cable, and he would schedule a return visit to get the stove working. I had to delay the delivery of my new stove once again. I contacted an exterminator the next day, and within three days, my house had been treated to eliminate these pests which are just a part of life in the part of the country where I live.

I waited this one more time for the parts to arrive and for an appointment with him to show up to make the repairs. It was presumed this would be final. He came and put all the parts together, and the stove still failed to function. He advised me that he had done what could be done and that P.C. Richard would credit the cost of the stove back to me in exchange for the option to purchase other items they sell. I had been without a stove for a month and had delayed delivery and installation of my new stove three times just to be told finally that the old stove I had purchased through P.C. Richard was beyond repair. I didn't want to take anything for granted, so I asked him if it would be okay for me to have the new stove delivered and hooked up. He said absolutely. He couldn't be certain when, but if I could have the installers put the Samsung stove in the garage, P.C. Richard would get around to sending someone to pick it up.

Then he said he couldn't be absolutely certain they would go along with his recommendation, and they might want to try to fix it even though he was confident it was beyond repair. With that, I asked him again to assure me that I would be okay to get the new stove delivered and have the Samsung out in the garage, if someone might want to try to repair it. Of course I do not have a receptacle for an electric range out in my garage. He insisted that I would be fine and that I should get things set up so that I could cook, after a month of being unable. With that, I presumed he meant, that if P.C. Richard decided to attempt to repair the stove again, they would send staff adequate to move the new stove out of the way, put the Samsung back in place, just to assure it was truly repaired when they put any new parts in, and then reinstall the new stove and haul off the old one if it didn't work.

It was surprising to me, but they had already put me through so much inconvenience for nothing, and he was so confident that the stove was beyond repair, that I took him on his word. I had already set up a delivery and installation of the new stove a few days later, hoping that the Samsung would have been successfully repaired, and the company from whom I bought the new stove had agreed to move the old one out into the garage for me, as I wanted to sell it. Once it seemed clear that the garage was the right place for the Samsung to be and that I could have the new stove installed, I just allowed the delivery to occur as it had been set up. The new stove has been in for a couple of weeks now and is working fine, with all the benefits I foresaw in making the change.

So, of course, then it had to happen. Yesterday I got a text message from P.C. Richard that the parts were in, so I should call to schedule an appointment for the repair! I called the repair office shortly after getting that message, in order to explain the situation, that I had been informed the stove was not repairable, so I could have my new stove delivered and installed, and that they would need to send someone with the repairman to help move the two stoves if they were going to try to repair it. I informed them that the repairman had informed me that I should go ahead and get the new stove delivered and that my having the old one moved to the garage would not be a problem. I informed them that he did not believe the stove was repairable and that P.C. Richard would be sending someone to take the old stove from my garage.

The young woman I spoke with was taken aback and did not know what to do with the information. She said she would have to speak with a manager and get back to me. That was unsettling enough, but then I got up this morning to find that I had received an email informing me that I had a scheduled repair on my P.C. Richard appliance and was given a particular date and time window! She had not gotten back to me as promised, at all. Instead, as if I was a non-person, they took to give me an appointment to repair an appliance that I had informed them was out in my garage, without even offering me discussion as to when the appointment fit in my schedule, as they always had previously.

I was alarmed, to say the least. I called the repair office this afternoon after I got that message to talk to someone about the situation. I informed the fellow I spoke with that I am physically handicapped and cannot move the stove on my own. If it had not been for what the repairman had told me, I would have delayed my delivery, and had the stove moved out after repair, if there was any likelihood of an attempt at repair, but the repairman had assured me that was very unlikely and that it would not be a problem for me to have it delivered and the stove put out in the garage. I certainly would not have intentionally allowed it to be set up this way if I had not been assured by their employee, the repairman, that it was a sensible thing for me to do, because the movement of the old stove by the men who delivered and installed the new one was free, and I had no need to generate the cost of having people come to move the stoves.

I informed him that I was troubled to see a company like P.C. Richard would allow people to go as long as a month without an appliance as essential as a stove, when they purchased it through P.C. Richard and have a service agreement, but that it was especially alarming when one employee of the company gave me, as a customer a clear cut understanding that I should comfortably behave in one way, and then I am told that regardless of what he said, I stand to lose for having done so. Then the fellow turned around and told me that he didn't believe I was ever told any such thing. The repairman wouldn't have told me that. He basically called me a liar. Then he tried to soften it by saying I must have misunderstood what he said. The implications were clear enough for me at the time that I made sure he repeated himself, and I had no doubt about what he said to me.

So, here is a company that likes to make a profit selling stuff. The problem is that the sort of stuff they sell is designed not to last these days, so repair is essential. Unfortunately, their repair team is a sad mess. They do not understand that major appliances are a major necessity in modern life and requiring a customer to go a month or more without a functioning stove is just not acceptable. If they are as busy as their schedule suggests they must be, then they are understaffed despite apparently being successful, presumably for the purpose of augmenting profits at the cost of fair and adequate customer treatment and customer satisfaction.

Now, close to six weeks from first contact, the stove continues to not work. They went as far as to try to blame me for the delay because the dysfunction was caused by a mouse, even though the finding of the mouse was only one of five scheduled repair visits, I had no means of knowing a mouse was back there (the repairman had been at the house three times when he finally found the mouse, and that is his job, not mine), and I had an exterminator in within several days of his finding that, even though the likelihood that a mouse will find its way there again in the future is slim to negligible. Then they scheduled an appointment for me without even seeking my input. I was informed that one agent would speak with managers and get back to me, but that never happened. Finally, I was called a liar.

If the repairman had not told me what he did (and I don't hold it against him; I think he believed what he said), although I would have been stuck going closer to seven weeks without a stove, at least the presumably repaired stove (or not!) would have been moved out to the garage by the fellows who delivered the new stove at no cost to me. Now if I want to have the stove fixed, I have to pay someone to juggle the stoves, have the new functioning stove not where I can use it until P.C. Richard's repair staff feel like getting here to work on the old one (and presuming that will have any different effect than it has so far). Then I will have to pay someone to move the new stove back in. I am stuck with who knows how many weeks of not being able to cook, in spite of owning a brand new stove, and having things all out of order, just so P.C. Richard can have one more shot at fixing this stove that their repairman told me was beyond repair.

If they manage to repair it, I will now have to pay someone to move it back into the garage so I can sell it. I am just disgusted and so happy to have learned my lesson about dealing with this company. If you want to feel all warm inside just because a salesman knows how to sell something, be my guest, but I think it's absolutely silly to read most of these reviews. The real test of the water comes not with purchase, when everything is new and shiny, but down the road, when you need assistance, and I have seen just how lame P.C. Richard is in providing service. I will never purchase anything from them again.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Been shopping at PC Richard's for about 10 years and my experience gets better with every purchase. I hope Sayed is around for years to come. My last purchase was two bluetooth air conditioners. I must say two great investments. Thanks for your recommendations.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

Words cannot describe the pure disgust I have had with P.C. Richard & Son. The company puts an item up for sale that they never actually got, I make a purchase using PayPal. The company finally decides to cancel my order 4 days later after I had called and inquired about it. Fast forward 8 days later, I am missing money from my American Express still, but received partial refund in my PayPal balance. I spent 6 hours on the phone (this is not exaggerated) bouncing between American Express, PayPal, and P.C. Richard & Son. PC Richard said they called Amex to verify the transaction was cancelled so AMEX could release the funds. The CS rep I talked to confirmed over the phone that it was taken care of.

A few minutes later I get another ghost charge from P.C. Richard & Son for the exact amount I was supposed to be refunded for. So now I am missing 2 charges of $400. The one thing I learned from the hours I wasted on this to get my money back from a company that never had the item to begin with is to avoid them at all costs. Everyone else should do the same.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I recently purchased a mattress, TV, and Blu-Ray player from PC Richard in Carteret. The staff and management were extremely helpful and informative, and I would highly recommend the Carteret location to anyone looking for great service and quality. I look forward to purchasing from them in the future.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

Our sales associate was helpful and professional and made our experience quite pleasant with no pressure. Our needs were taken care of quickly and efficiently. There was a great deal of inventory to review and we were able to chose from a wide selection of merchandise. The information we received helped us to make the best decision.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I purchased a new gas dryer, GE from PC Richard. After 3 months, I smelled gas. PSEG was called and they determined dryer was not igniting, but gas was being pushed through the line. I called PC Richard and they immediately authorized replacement and said to go into the store and pick out a new one. Mark ** helped me choose and compare... and Brian ** the manager facilitated the replacement as it turned out the one I had ordered originally was not the one received, but he made the switch and set up delivery asap. Thank you Brian and Mark!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I have purchased 2 complete kitchen app and washer dryer computer TVs. Never have I been treated poorly. In fact when I walk in I feel like family. I have dealt with Michael but everyone has been great. Keep up the good work and I WOULD RECOMMEND AND I DO RECOMMEND YOU TO EVERYONE.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

Kevin was really helpful and patience. The price were excellent and the service from the front desk lady is really professional and Jason really patient and he make sure all my TVs were working and put them in the car. I’m really happy with my experience in the Carteret store.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

Quadasha is excellent!! She is a very good salesperson at your Harlem store!!! And I was very pleased with the portable radio that I purchased on my birthday August 9th! And I would most certainly shop in this store again mainly because of her!!!

P.C. Richard & Son Company Information