Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Simplicity Sofas are high quality, custom-built sofas with the added bonus of allowing you to disassemble them. This allows customers to move them into rooms which are only accessible through narrow doorways or staircases. Quality of Product: I can say with confidence that this sofa looks and feels like a first rate sofa. It is an engineering marvel. Even if the sofa was a regular sofa which could not be disassembled, I would say it is still worth every penny.

I purchased the full-sized Brandon sofa with custom black, cotton fabric and I have received numerous compliments from people who have seen and sat on the sofa. They claim that their cushions should last 20 years. I have only had my sofa a few months, so I cannot speak to this. However, the warranties they offer for their sofa speak to the confidence they have in their product. They even offer to replace the cushion filling if you are unsatisfied with the firmness of the product they built for you. I have had the sofa for a few months now and had the chance to break it in, and it is firm but comfortable. I am quite pleased. I was slightly reluctant to order a sofa which I had not tried out on a display floor, but my gamble paid off. And as mentioned, they offer to switch the cushion filling for free if you are not happy with the firmness level. Jeff was able to explain the differences between the three types he offers, and I selected the right one on the first try.

Customer Service: Here is where I can say this company is like no other--unsurpassed customer service. I can say with confidence that I was truly surprised by the distance that this company goes to ensure its customers are happy and satisfied. I have recommended this sofa enthusiastically to friends. I had many questions and requirements for a sofa. I emailed back and forth with Jeff many times with a series questions, and he always responded promptly--usually within hours--with honest and detailed answers.

I don't think most companies would have the patience to answer customers like myself who had so many questions. It is clear that Jeff loves his business, and it is a labor of love for him. When I could not find a fabric which I liked from the available selections, he located what I wanted. He priced several different options from fabrics which needed to be custom-ordered. I enthusiastically recommend this sofa. I wish my review could do this more justice. All I can say is that I rarely write reviews, but the customer service of this company is so unbelievable, that I felt it would be wrong not to write about them.

In 2011 we purchased a restored victorian home. We soon discovered that one room in particular had a door width opening of only 27"! Needless to say, none of our upholstered furniture even came close to going through the narrow door opening. That's when we discovered Simplicity Sofas. Their furniture, designed to fit through narrow openings like ours, is great. It went together very easily. Felt sturdy and still does today, five years later.

I recently contacted them because when we had purchased our sofa, we had chosen the standard seat cushions. They carry a 3 year warranty, but after 5 years, they were beginning to feel too soft and not provide enough support. I called to discuss this and find out if I could purchase better cushions to replace them and if the new inserts would fit my current cushion covers. I talked to Jeff, the owner, and he said they would replace my cushions with new ones that carry a life-time guarantee and they would do it for FREE! I was astonished!

In the end, they also sent new back cushion inserts, and my new seat cushions came with new covers because the new inserts were a little thicker than the standard ones that came with it in 2011. Jeff even found the exact fabric to make them, even though that fabric was no longer available as a choice for a new purchase. I received prompt emails of shipping and the experience was astounding! What company does all that for free? The workmanship of their products and their customer service are all excellent! I would recommend doing business with Simplicity Sofas to anyone! They are a company that really cares about their customers and make a superior product! Love my sofa!

Doing the purchase online with Simplicity Sofas was very easy. The website was very clear about what was included and why, if I wanted the set, and what it entails, like difference in the firmness and the cushions. It was very easy to understand and to use, and that's very important to me. The customer service team has been great too. They're very attentive and answered everything very quickly. I went down to visit the showroom and I bought two couches there because they had a sale room, and then ordered a third one which is to be delivered yet. They were all terrific. Before I went to their showroom, I was emailing the owner because I might like to choose my own fabric and they were absolutely fine about doing that and to help me. They also told me “Here’s a website that we order from. You might get a discount. We can get a discount from them if you like any of theirs.” So, I couldn't have been happier. It’s all business and it’s excellent.

I ordered a love seat and from start to finish the service was superlative. After I had my love seat with an additional cover I realized that I needed arm covers to match. Negotiating this brought me into closer contact with the staff and they could not have been more helpful. We are very pleased with our purchase but more than that we are delighted with the customer service. I would not buy a couch or chair from anyone else and intend to purchase from them in the future.

We decided very quickly to purchase the sofa from Simplicity Sofas because we just bought this house and I had friends coming and the weather was churning. It's nice that they're available on a weekend. Their sofa was easy to put together as advertised and we really liked its quality. It's excellent. My one complaint though is that their customer service agent did not tell me about the delivery services. It would have been nice if they told me upfront about White Glove delivery services if I wanted the VIP service because I found out about that later. As a result, I was not able to change my mind for the delivery time frame. Nonetheless, I like that when I send a question to the company, their CEO got back to me and gave me the answer right away. Therefore, they have wonderful customer service with the exception of not knowing about the White Glove delivery. But when spending that much money, it shouldn't do White Glove.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Simplicity Sofas?

I was looking forward to replacing the sofa for our RV and someone mentioned Simplicity Sofas, so I went to their website. It was excellent with the customer service team. They had good communication with us, and responded well and immediately with emails, follow-up, and pictures of what a similar sofa would look like because I wanted to see a real picture of one, and not one that was on the website because sometimes that looks different.

The ordering process was easy. Sometimes, when you're ordering online, you don't sit on the furniture and don't know exactly what you're getting, so you have to trust the company. But we had certain measurements that we had to go by and they would send all their measurements. The delivery date was exactly when they said it was going to be. In fact, it was a couple of days early.

The furniture we got was beautifully made and we're very pleased with it. It comes in several boxes, was made to go through small openings, and had to be put together. Even in the details on the bottom of the sofa, there was the fabric, but they had zippers there so we can unzip and put the bolts in there and zip it back up. From finding the website, to ordering the product, to receiving the product, there were absolutely no hiccups. It was perfect. I'm very particular and picky, and they're probably the top company that I purchased furniture from. I would highly recommend them to anybody.

I was looking for a sofa for tight spaces and found Simplicity Sofas on the internet. They have a great product. The furniture I got is of outstanding quality and very solid construction, and the upholstery is beautiful. In addition, they seem to be very good at customer service. I originally ordered swatches and got those, along with some other information and a call from the customer service team to let me know that they could help me. I also received a call from them when I placed the order online, and I had some contact with the delivery team as well. Luckily, I've never had a bad furniture purchase experience before, but this was certainly among the best furniture purchases I've made. Overall, I was really pleased with the product and the experience.

I had been searching the internet for sofas that were a smaller scale because we have a very narrow room that we were looking to furnish. We got one from Simplicity Sofas and it seems to be great so far. We've had it for two months now and we really like it. Their reps were great. They answered every call that we made to them and they responded within a day to any emails I sent. They were super helpful and had all the information I needed every time I asked. We were looking at purchasing a second sofa to match it and we had asked them about the cushions which were a little firmer than we had anticipated and he said that they usually soften up over time, and to let them know in about six months if they weren't so that they could help us out and switch them out. They were great.

We purchased some other chairs from another more well-known company at the same time and although I didn’t have a bad experience, it really felt like I was buying something and they dropped it off and I never heard anything. I tried to call about something and I got a machine, and it was not as good of an experience with customer service. Whereas with Simplicity Sofas, they kept asking to check up on it. Their customer service was very personal. I always could find somebody to speak to if I needed anything or if I had any questions. That really made the purchase from Simplicity Sofas worthwhile. But because they are online only, we were a little nervous that it would feel very impersonal and truthfully, it'd feel more personal had we gone into a store. Nonetheless, there was no problem purchasing online at all. It was really amazing.

We are very happy with the Lorelei sofa, chair and ottoman we purchased from Simplicity Sofas. The staff was incredibly helpful before and after we made our purchase. I was worried about buying a sofa unseen online, but the sofa was fabulous. We have a small house, and the apartment sized furniture is perfect for the space.

I was searching on Google for how to fit beds through small doorways and came across Simplicity Sofas. I bought a couch from them and it's beautiful and has a very high quality. It's exceptional compared to my previous purchases. It's very much what I've pictured and it was very easy to put together. The customer service team was also very helpful. The thing to be screwed in the feet of the couch was wrong and they sent the right ones very quickly. And it wasn’t a big deal - I didn’t even realize it because the couch is so nice. It was a hands down positive experience.

Simplicity Sofas' customer service was very good. I had various questions about the delivery options and fabric choice. When I asked for fabric samples, they sent more of it that I’d probably like. I ended up getting one that I didn't ask for. They knew where I was going so I thought that was really great. I called them three times for three different questions and they got back to me with the answers I needed. Then I have to schedule delivery and I couldn't get it sent in boxes so the white glove delivery was very good. I was nervous when it came assembled because I didn't know if it would fit down our narrow passage but it came in just fine.

Since sofas these days come so large and they take over the whole room, this is just ideal for a small city apartment. It's a very nice sofa. It's been a helpful and a very positive purchasing experience, especially when you’re buying something that you’re going to use for many years and cost so much money. This was above and beyond and I was very impressed. I'm very satisfied with Simplicity Sofas and I would recommend them to anyone who needed a sofa that will fit in a small room or get down the narrow stairs.

I have been telling everyone I know about Simplicity Sofas since my sofa arrived last week. I was amazed with the packaging and the ease of assembling the sofa. I did most of it myself (my husband helped slightly), and it took around five minutes. Mostly, though, I am pleased with the superior quality and look of my new sofa. It is the most comfortable sofa I have ever owned, and I am excited to show it off. Jeff does a great job of answering any questions and even offered to add two sets of feet to my package. There was no need to do that, however, as the set he recommended for my sofa choice was perfect. I will definitely buy from Simplicity Sofas again!

I live on a boat so I needed something with high quality that could be disassembled and reassembled to get through a small door. The representatives from Simplicity Sofas were fantastic. I placed the order, and then within days, my husband came home and suggested that we move to a different location. I called Simplicity to cancel it because I'm not sure what size I would need in the new location. Then we decided not to move so I called them back again and reordered a different size. They were incredibly helpful and accommodating. They didn't make me feel like an idiot for changing my mind twice.

Even the way that the furniture was delivered, it's easy for me. I had to take it a pretty far distance to get it into my boat, but it was packaged well. The whole experience was just superb from getting fabric swatches, to talking with the representative about my options, to changing my mind twice. I've purchased a lot of furniture in the past five years from very high end furniture companies, and nobody gave me the ability to customize and the personalized service in the way that Simplicity did. They are outstanding and I love the sofa I bought from them. I have recommended them to neighbors and friends.

I was looking over at a website and I saw a sofa that I liked. Then I saw it was made by Simplicity Sofas so I went to their website. Their customer service team is very good and responsive, and the furniture that I got was very nice.

I was looking for small sofas because my house and the doors are small. The quality of the sofas at Simplicity Sofas is very good. However, the delivery was very cumbersome because the tractor trailer couldn’t get down in my driveway so we had to go and pick it up.

Simplicity Sofas would fit through a very small door to get into the salon of my boat so we did business with them. The quality is good. Plus, the customer service was very good. Overall, my experience was definitely favorable. I'd recommend Simplicity depending on what the people are looking for.

Everything was great with Simplicity Sofas. The quality of the furniture that we purchased is very good and their customer service is great. We dealt directly with the owner and he gave us everything we wanted.

Prompt, courteous, and thorough customer service - they really know their stuff! I've had the sofa for a couple weeks now and everything about it seems to indicate quality (the feel of the fabric, the comfort of the seats, the sturdiness of the overall sofa, etc.), and that combined with the more affordable pricing provides excellent value. I like that I could customize everything about the sofa, that the scale is more fitting for smaller spaces, and the fact that it can be broken down easily for moving. I look forward to having this sofa for 10+ years!

We needed something for our guest room because we didn’t have anything there so I purchased a sleeper sofa from Simplicity Sofas. It’s a good price and excellent quality. It was delivered to us six weeks later. Everything was great. Their rep was helpful and I'm happy with the product.

I wanted to get a whole new sofa bed for the apartment because I had a sofa bed and a part of the bed broke and the sofa was getting worn out. It's a small apartment and I wanted to just get a whole new sofa bed, and Simplicity Sofa with the pullout is not hard to get in and out. Having the free swatches made the online purchase easier for me. Customer service is incredible. I would send them an email on a Sunday to ask a question about delivery and they answered it on the same morning. It took them six weeks from the purchase until the furniture arrived and it's easy to put together and has a good quality. It's an excellent product.

I’m very happy with my sleeper sofa from Simplicity. I bought it online for a new home. Their customer service reps were very good and very helpful. We did have one issue with delivery and they helped put that out quickly. The delivery was not optimal in that they had assembled the sofa for us prior to delivery, which was not what we wanted. But overall, my experience with this company was very positive.

We didn't like the previous furniture we had so we purchased a love seat and two power recliners from Simplicity Sofas. They were very expensive but we still bought them because these were lighter, well-made, had the right size and fit our needs perfectly, since we live in an RV. Their sales rep was very nice, helpful and knowledgeable. She showed plenty of swatches and told us all the different options and things that could be added. We brought our home to them and they installed the items right there at the factory. The items are of very good quality. We were happy with the timeline of four weeks between purchase and installation.

I got a sectional sofa from Simplicity Sofas and I love it. Their customer service was excellent and the delivery was very fast.

Simplicity Sofas

This is the reason Simplicity Sofas contacts every customer shortly after they receive our furniture to specifically ask how they like our furniture and whether there are any problems that need to be addressed.

Comfort is very personal. Some people prefer firm cushions. Others like them softer. Large people have different requirements from those who are smaller. There are many adjustments we can make even after the furniture is in the customer's home.

People who purchase furniture usually expect to have their complaints ignored. Warranties contain language that absolves the retailer of responsibility of doing anything for problems of this nature.

Simplicity Sofas is different. Now that we are aware that this customer is not completely satisfied with our furniture we will be reaching out to her.

We may need to replace the cushions or even make special cushions. We may need to send different height legs. We may need to do something else. There are many different possible adjustments depending upon personal preferences and the specific reasons for the complaint.

Today I will be reaching out to this customer to begin the process of making our furniture fit her personal "comfort" requirements.

This customer has owned our furniture for about 6 months. The amount of time does not matter. We expect our furniture to last for 20 years or more. When one of our customers comes to us with a problem we try to fix that problem, no matter how long they have owned our furniture.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2016

I purchased a sectional from Simplicity Sofas and it was satisfactory. Their customer service team has good follow-through. It took the whole process, from purchase to delivery, two weeks to complete. However, it didn’t meet my expectations because the couch was fairly uncomfortable. The service was fine but I don’t like the product.

I ordered a sleeper sectional. I am happy with it. It was easy to put together and when we were confused they assisted my boyfriend over the phone. We have received many compliments on the couch and have referred others to the website.

The sofa we got from Simplicity Sofas is pretty high quality and exactly what we wanted. It's the most expensive thing we've ever bought but it was worth it. Their customer service team was great and really helpful before and after the order. It was delivered roughly a month after we ordered. It's a little longer than we'd have liked to wait but it's a custom sofa and we wanted it so it was all right. I was worried when arranging for the final delivery because we live in an apartment building and shippers are finicky about how they deliver here but there weren't any issues.

Simplicity Sofas

It is not unusual for our customers (like this one) to comment that our furniture is "pricier" than other similar looking furniture.

Much of the quality that goes into our furniture cannot be seen. This includes solid oak frames (compared with plywood.) We use 2.4 density foam cushions backed by an unlimited lifetime warranty compared with 1.8 - 2.0 density cushions backed by "limited" 1-3 year warranties. Our furniture is hand-crafted one piece at a time compared with assembly-line production methods.

Each of our sofas typically weighs 20 - 30 lbs. more than similar looking "mass produced" furniture. Another "hidden" factor that adds cost to our furniture is the modular design utilizing interchangeable components.

Modular construction is a more expensive way to build furniture, but allows us to easily replace damaged parts (arms, backs,bases, cushion covers and inserts) without the need for expensive professional repair services. This ability greatly increases the expected lifespan of our furniture.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2016

We were remodeling a room so I searched for assembled sofas on the internet. I found Simplicity Sofas and got a sleeper sofa from them. Before purchasing, I called them when I had a question about the swatches and when I had a question about the shipping timeline, and I was able to reach someone and got my questions answered easily. The sofa was a little pricier but I really wanted a few ones on the market that offer situations where one has a narrow entry way. They’re serving a great need so it was worth a little bit of a higher cost to get that flexibility. Their delivery team was good and were efficient in setting the furniture up. Whatever they said the timeline was in advance was what it turned out to be. And though I have not had the opportunity to use the sleeper portion yet, the sofa is fine so far.

I really wanted to do business with Simplicity Sofas right up front reading the reviews they had. It was very easy making the purchase online. The sofa is not dirt cheap, which I don’t expect from a good piece of furniture. It was fairly priced. They were very accommodating. They bent over backwards to answer questions and also sent sample swatches. Delivery went perfectly. The sofa was sent to my husband’s office building then we brought it down from there. It's easily transportable and very comfortable, too. A child drew on the fabric but I was able to get that out. The sofa's easy to clean. The size is good for small areas and it's put together well. I love it as well as the people that work at Simplicity Sofas. I had a very pleasant out-of-body experience with them and I couldn’t be happier. If I needed another piece of furniture, I'd definitely go back to them. I felt that I was well taken care of by Simplicity Sofas. I hope they succeed.

I was googling for small space sofas and found Simplicity Sofas. The furniture we purchased from them is great. It works for our space. Their customer service team was very prompt about responding to my emails and they sent me lots and lots of samples. They were always above and beyond in making sure to answer my questions.

Simplicity Sofas

Simplicity Sofas offers a selection of over 200 fabrics. The vast majority are "heavy-duty" and highly stain-resistant. Customers who prefer more "delicate" fabrics or fabrics with patterns typically purchase their own COM (Customer's Own Material) fabrics. That is usually not a problem for us.

This customer also mentioned that she did not like the design of the furniture's back. We specialize in Furniture for Small Spaces. Part of that specialty is that our sofas and sectionals ship unassembled and have a smaller overall depth than other furniture.

Our patented back design allows us to achieve these special features without reducing the size (and comfort) of the cushions. The back does look "different" than conventional furniture when viewed from behind. (It does not look different when viewed from the front.)

99% of our customers have no problem with this "different" look. Nothing is "taped together."

Original review: Aug. 27, 2016

The saleswoman at Simplicity Sofas was terrific. She was very informative and helpful, and answered all my questions. However, I am not too happy with the quality of the sofa I bought. I'm not comfortable with the actual construction and don’t like the design of the furniture's backside so much. It's not a flowing back and it looks like it's taped together. I told the saleswoman of my concern the last time I was there. I was also not real impressed with their fabric so I purchased my fabric in another store and took it to them.

Delivery took a little over a month. The delivery guy brought the furniture in piece by piece and set it up. He had to come back two times because there were problems with the sofa. The color of the hinges were wrong and obvious because they were of a dark color and my fabric was a light one. The delivery guy had to come back with hinges of a lighter color. He had to come back a third time because when I was moving the chair, a hinge came off and I couldn’t get it back together. I was also told that if it happened again, they would take the whole chair back to the factory and redo it. Every time I called Simplicity Sofas, they had somebody come the next day, and they were very helpful.

Simplicity Sofas Company Profile