toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Simplicity Sofas are high quality, custom-built sofas with the added bonus of allowing you to disassemble them. This allows customers to move them into rooms which are only accessible through narrow doorways or staircases. Quality of Product: I can say with confidence that this sofa looks and feels like a first rate sofa. It is an engineering marvel. Even if the sofa was a regular sofa which could not be disassembled, I would say it is still worth every penny.

I purchased the full-sized Brandon sofa with custom black, cotton fabric and I have received numerous compliments from people who have seen and sat on the sofa. They claim that their cushions should last 20 years. I have only had my sofa a few months, so I cannot speak to this. However, the warranties they offer for their sofa speak to the confidence they have in their product. They even offer to replace the cushion filling if you are unsatisfied with the firmness of the product they built for you. I have had the sofa for a few months now and had the chance to break it in, and it is firm but comfortable. I am quite pleased. I was slightly reluctant to order a sofa which I had not tried out on a display floor, but my gamble paid off. And as mentioned, they offer to switch the cushion filling for free if you are not happy with the firmness level. Jeff was able to explain the differences between the three types he offers, and I selected the right one on the first try.

Customer Service: Here is where I can say this company is like no other--unsurpassed customer service. I can say with confidence that I was truly surprised by the distance that this company goes to ensure its customers are happy and satisfied. I have recommended this sofa enthusiastically to friends. I had many questions and requirements for a sofa. I emailed back and forth with Jeff many times with a series questions, and he always responded promptly--usually within hours--with honest and detailed answers.

I don't think most companies would have the patience to answer customers like myself who had so many questions. It is clear that Jeff loves his business, and it is a labor of love for him. When I could not find a fabric which I liked from the available selections, he located what I wanted. He priced several different options from fabrics which needed to be custom-ordered. I enthusiastically recommend this sofa. I wish my review could do this more justice. All I can say is that I rarely write reviews, but the customer service of this company is so unbelievable, that I felt it would be wrong not to write about them.

I was skeptical about ordering a sofa online but Simplicity had the size I wanted, the fabric was excellent and I was tired of shopping around and finding nothing. I am glad I took the leap. After we received the sofa, my husband wanted softer cushions and they sent them out as promised. I will never buy from anywhere else but Simplicity.

Simplicity Sofas was an absolute pleasure to deal with. My sofa arrived on time, and is even better than I had hoped for. I had such a hard time trying to find half-decent furniture that would fit through my extremely narrow doorway. I was initially nervous about ordering something I hadn't tried out in a store as well. In the end, I don't feel like I had to "settle" on this couch at all though! I would order this couch again in a heartbeat! It is gorgeous, sturdy, well-crafted, and very comfortable. They sent several free fabric swatches, and even sent several additional ones they thought I might like based on the samples I had requested. Communication was proactive and polite. I will recommend to friends, even if they don't have narrow spaces to contend with.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I searched on the internet for furniture that would fit through a small opening and got Simplicity Sofas. They have a good product and their customer service was great. They were very responsive about two issues. One is having to do with delivery and they solved that problem because I wanted to get my purchase delivered in time for a visitor that we were hosting. Then, there's a mattress that one can buy that converts the sofa into a bed and they send a pump that blows up the mattress. The pump died within the first couple of times I used it so I complained to them about that and they sent me a new one.

Simplicity Sofas are really well made, comfortable, classy-looking and easy to assemble. Their customer care is first rate. After a long search for the perfect sofa, we chose a Simplicity Sofa and are thrilled with the results. Jeff Frank, the owner is a pleasure to deal with.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Simplicity Sofas?

Resolution In Progress

Ms. G__,

On Nov. 2, 2016 we received a call from you stating that the back cushions were not comfortable because they were not high enough. I told you we would be happy to make you special higher back cushions.

You chose not to try out the higher back cushions and instead asked for a full refund.

Our customer service manager informed you the same day that to process the refund you needed to call us with your credit card information.

Return shipping would have been very expensive so you were asked to donate the furniture to a local charity. We offered to find a charity that would pick up the furniture from your home if you were unable to locate one yourself.

You were told that the refund would be processed within 24 hours once you had called us with the credit card and charity information.

We did not receive a phone call from you or any other inquiries or requests for a refund from Nov. 2 until this review was received 1/31/2017.

Regarding the depth of the couch -- This is not a problem that you ever mentioned in your conversations with me.

With the standard 4" tall legs our furniture is extremely comfortable for most people who are 5 ft. 0" - 5 ft. 10" in height.

For taller people or those who feel that the depth may feel less than optimal we send an additional set of front legs (at no charge) that are 1" higher than the standard 4" legs. These higher front legs increase the back pitch slightly and make the furniture "feel" deeper.

We do this for approximately 10% of our customers and it almost always solves the "not quite deep enough" feeling.

Jeff Frank, Owner

Simplicity Sofas

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

I was interested in Simplicity because they got such great reviews and I couldn’t find anybody who had any problems with them. When I called, I talked to the owner and he’s very nice. He said that their furniture was guaranteed one year so I had one year to return it if I didn’t like it and they would even pay the shipping. That's the reason I bought the couch online without seeing it. I like it but it’s very uncomfortable on my back. I’ve tried to sit in it for six months and my back bothers me on it.

I thought about returning it and when I phoned Simplicity, they put me through to the owner. He tried to say that he would accommodate me because the pillows are so low and when I fall asleep, my neck goes back. I like to rest my head against that when I’m sitting on the couch, so he said he could make the cushions higher. He’d do anything he could to make it right, which was very kind of him, but the depth of the couch is not deep enough for me so I didn’t want him to go to that trouble.

I called a month ago and they called me back and they told me that the couch was too expensive to ship back. I said, “That was what was told to me, that they would pay the shipping back.” Then the rep asked me to hang on and she came back and said I could donate it to a non-profit and then they would credit my Visa, which I felt bad about. I’m afraid that if Simplicity doesn’t keep their word and credit me, I don’t have anything to sit on. I’m hoping that they’ll keep their word and we’ll see in a couple of weeks what happens. Overall Simplicity was very nice and at this point, they have honored their word. The couch is beautiful and it would be great in tight spaces, but I would consider the depth of the couch for the size of the person.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had the back pillows and the loft had gone out of them over the last four years. I ended up talking with the owner of Simplicity Sofas and they sent us new filler for the pillow then we changed the materials in the meantime. They were super on customer service. The quality of their products is outstanding. I'm an engineer by training and when I looked at the way this stuff is built and the materials that they use for the upholstery, I was blown away.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking for a sofa and found it online. We decided to go see what the place looked like and when we got there, the people were so friendly and helpful. We were there for a while and they helped us pick out the color. They delivered the sofa to our house and were very sweet and nice. We've had a few people use the sofa bed and they said that it was excellent because it's like an air mattress and it works really super well. We love it.

We were initially introduced to Simplicity Sofas by my sister who knew that we were working within a confined space. After reviewing the very informative website, I called the "office" on a Sunday, and the owner, Jeff Frank, answered the phone. He was more than helpful and that is when our journey began. The dimensions and style of the Megan sectional fit our space perfectly. Then came the fabric selection. The company offers a wide variety of fabrics to choose from. After reviewing many samples (all employees were very patient with us) we finally settled on Marlow Dolphin.

We placed our order and the sofa boxes arrived exactly within the time frame promised. All sections went together perfectly and we could not be happier. The construction of the pieces is superb to any furniture we have purchased in the past and the product is made here in the USA. We can not say enough kind words about the incredible, personal customer service. Thank you, Jeff, Jenny, Pam, and Sergio. The word is out.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We love the furniture we got from Simplicity Sofas. It's excellent. It was great with the customer service team. They were very helpful to us. We originally called Simplicity Sofas back in the summer, around July fourth, and we actually got the president on the line. He talked to us because there wasn't anyone else around. We had talked to him a couple of times. We weren't sure what color we wanted and they were very helpful and sent us about 25 samples of different fabrics to help us decide what color and which fabric we wanted. They said, "We'll send you a whole bunch of different grays," or whatever it was we were looking for. We got every sample variation you could think of and this was really great and made it easy for us to pick what to get.

Our Simplicity purchase solved the problem that we've had for years in getting furniture. We live in an old Victorian house and to get the furniture up a narrow, twisty, winding staircase and through a very narrow door was almost impossible. I had personally carried furniture up a few times before around the third floor. Once the couch had made it up here, but the legs were spindly and didn't last very long. We had also found some recliners that had backs that came off and we could get them up the stairs, but the quality wasn't that good and it was very difficult getting them through the door. In fact, one of them tore as we were trying to push it through the door.

However, this was no problem whatsoever with the Simplicity furniture because it came in sections that snap together, and it was easy putting the sections together. We had the furniture delivered and the delivery guys put it together. The quality of the Simplicity furniture we got is really good. We were surprised because the president said, "Hey, I'm coming out with a recliner. You want to do that?" and we said, "Yeah, sure," so we ordered the reclining loveseat that wasn't on the webpage, and when it got here, it turned out to be a power recliner.

It was really good with Simplicity. We've already recommended them to a friend. In addition, we've brought in a woman across the street who's a real estate agent in the area and told her, "Look. Your clients are gonna want this." The Simplicity furniture is such a great fit since the area we live in has a lot of old Victorian houses and many of our neighbors have the same problem that we had. So, if this real estate agent knows about Simplicity, that could be helpful to her clients, too.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were very pleased with the quality of the sofa from Simplicity. I talked to the owner of the company and he helped us with purchasing it. The particular model we had didn't have a skirt on it but he arranged for us to have a skirt around the bottom of the sofa so I appreciated that. We got a queen size sofa bed that fit down the hall and into the particular room where we wanted it. That was what we were seeking to do and we haven’t been able to do it until then. Nothing is better than what we got from Simplicity.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I found Simplicity Sofas on the internet and the furniture I got from them is beautiful. The workmanship is very nice and the colors are everything that I wanted. The quality is excellent and a little higher from the ones I got from other stores.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We're pleased with the very high quality of furniture that we got from Simplicity Sofas. It was a very straightforward purchase. I requested some samples of fabric online. They arrived. I ordered what I wanted online. It arrived. My husband did the assembly and he said it was easy. I would recommend Simplicity Sofas and I plan to order another one in the future.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Assembly was really easy and the quality is excellent. We never had any issues with the sales reps at Simplicity Sofas. They're friendly, courteous, and respond well. In fact, their customer service is excellent. Our online browsing experience was superb. My wife wishes she could change the back pillows of the couch, though. It is not as puffy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I love the furniture I got from Simplicity Sofas. It's high quality and easy to put together. But it was a little hard getting the slipcovers on, so that they fit tightly. Although I have not been happier with any furniture with my whole 50 years of buying them. This is the best I've ever done. Additionally, when I called on a holiday weekend, their rep was very friendly in answering questions. The whole experience was very good. In fact, I've been bragging about them and their customer service ever since.

Doing the purchase online with Simplicity Sofas was very easy. The website was very clear about what was included and why, if I wanted the set, and what it entails, like difference in the firmness and the cushions. It was very easy to understand and to use, and that's very important to me. The customer service team has been great too. They're very attentive and answered everything very quickly. I went down to visit the showroom and I bought two couches there because they had a sale room, and then ordered a third one which is to be delivered yet. They were all terrific. Before I went to their showroom, I was emailing the owner because I might like to choose my own fabric and they were absolutely fine about doing that and to help me. They also told me “Here’s a website that we order from. You might get a discount. We can get a discount from them if you like any of theirs.” So, I couldn't have been happier. It’s all business and it’s excellent.

I ordered a love seat and from start to finish the service was superlative. After I had my love seat with an additional cover I realized that I needed arm covers to match. Negotiating this brought me into closer contact with the staff and they could not have been more helpful. We are very pleased with our purchase but more than that we are delighted with the customer service. I would not buy a couch or chair from anyone else and intend to purchase from them in the future.

We decided very quickly to purchase the sofa from Simplicity Sofas because we just bought this house and I had friends coming and the weather was churning. It's nice that they're available on a weekend. Their sofa was easy to put together as advertised and we really liked its quality. It's excellent. My one complaint though is that their customer service agent did not tell me about the delivery services. It would have been nice if they told me upfront about White Glove delivery services if I wanted the VIP service because I found out about that later. As a result, I was not able to change my mind for the delivery time frame. Nonetheless, I like that when I send a question to the company, their CEO got back to me and gave me the answer right away. Therefore, they have wonderful customer service with the exception of not knowing about the White Glove delivery. But when spending that much money, it shouldn't do White Glove.

I was looking forward to replacing the sofa for our RV and someone mentioned Simplicity Sofas, so I went to their website. It was excellent with the customer service team. They had good communication with us, and responded well and immediately with emails, follow-up, and pictures of what a similar sofa would look like because I wanted to see a real picture of one, and not one that was on the website because sometimes that looks different.

The ordering process was easy. Sometimes, when you're ordering online, you don't sit on the furniture and don't know exactly what you're getting, so you have to trust the company. But we had certain measurements that we had to go by and they would send all their measurements. The delivery date was exactly when they said it was going to be. In fact, it was a couple of days early.

The furniture we got was beautifully made and we're very pleased with it. It comes in several boxes, was made to go through small openings, and had to be put together. Even in the details on the bottom of the sofa, there was the fabric, but they had zippers there so we can unzip and put the bolts in there and zip it back up. From finding the website, to ordering the product, to receiving the product, there were absolutely no hiccups. It was perfect. I'm very particular and picky, and they're probably the top company that I purchased furniture from. I would highly recommend them to anybody.

I was looking for a sofa for tight spaces and found Simplicity Sofas on the internet. They have a great product. The furniture I got is of outstanding quality and very solid construction, and the upholstery is beautiful. In addition, they seem to be very good at customer service. I originally ordered swatches and got those, along with some other information and a call from the customer service team to let me know that they could help me. I also received a call from them when I placed the order online, and I had some contact with the delivery team as well. Luckily, I've never had a bad furniture purchase experience before, but this was certainly among the best furniture purchases I've made. Overall, I was really pleased with the product and the experience.

I had been searching the internet for sofas that were a smaller scale because we have a very narrow room that we were looking to furnish. We got one from Simplicity Sofas and it seems to be great so far. We've had it for two months now and we really like it. Their reps were great. They answered every call that we made to them and they responded within a day to any emails I sent. They were super helpful and had all the information I needed every time I asked. We were looking at purchasing a second sofa to match it and we had asked them about the cushions which were a little firmer than we had anticipated and he said that they usually soften up over time, and to let them know in about six months if they weren't so that they could help us out and switch them out. They were great.

We purchased some other chairs from another more well-known company at the same time and although I didn’t have a bad experience, it really felt like I was buying something and they dropped it off and I never heard anything. I tried to call about something and I got a machine, and it was not as good of an experience with customer service. Whereas with Simplicity Sofas, they kept asking to check up on it. Their customer service was very personal. I always could find somebody to speak to if I needed anything or if I had any questions. That really made the purchase from Simplicity Sofas worthwhile. But because they are online only, we were a little nervous that it would feel very impersonal and truthfully, it'd feel more personal had we gone into a store. Nonetheless, there was no problem purchasing online at all. It was really amazing.

We are very happy with the Lorelei sofa, chair and ottoman we purchased from Simplicity Sofas. The staff was incredibly helpful before and after we made our purchase. I was worried about buying a sofa unseen online, but the sofa was fabulous. We have a small house, and the apartment sized furniture is perfect for the space.

I was searching on Google for how to fit beds through small doorways and came across Simplicity Sofas. I bought a couch from them and it's beautiful and has a very high quality. It's exceptional compared to my previous purchases. It's very much what I've pictured and it was very easy to put together. The customer service team was also very helpful. The thing to be screwed in the feet of the couch was wrong and they sent the right ones very quickly. And it wasn’t a big deal - I didn’t even realize it because the couch is so nice. It was a hands down positive experience.

Simplicity Sofas' customer service was very good. I had various questions about the delivery options and fabric choice. When I asked for fabric samples, they sent more of it that I’d probably like. I ended up getting one that I didn't ask for. They knew where I was going so I thought that was really great. I called them three times for three different questions and they got back to me with the answers I needed. Then I have to schedule delivery and I couldn't get it sent in boxes so the white glove delivery was very good. I was nervous when it came assembled because I didn't know if it would fit down our narrow passage but it came in just fine.

Since sofas these days come so large and they take over the whole room, this is just ideal for a small city apartment. It's a very nice sofa. It's been a helpful and a very positive purchasing experience, especially when you’re buying something that you’re going to use for many years and cost so much money. This was above and beyond and I was very impressed. I'm very satisfied with Simplicity Sofas and I would recommend them to anyone who needed a sofa that will fit in a small room or get down the narrow stairs.

I have been telling everyone I know about Simplicity Sofas since my sofa arrived last week. I was amazed with the packaging and the ease of assembling the sofa. I did most of it myself (my husband helped slightly), and it took around five minutes. Mostly, though, I am pleased with the superior quality and look of my new sofa. It is the most comfortable sofa I have ever owned, and I am excited to show it off. Jeff does a great job of answering any questions and even offered to add two sets of feet to my package. There was no need to do that, however, as the set he recommended for my sofa choice was perfect. I will definitely buy from Simplicity Sofas again!

I live on a boat so I needed something with high quality that could be disassembled and reassembled to get through a small door. The representatives from Simplicity Sofas were fantastic. I placed the order, and then within days, my husband came home and suggested that we move to a different location. I called Simplicity to cancel it because I'm not sure what size I would need in the new location. Then we decided not to move so I called them back again and reordered a different size. They were incredibly helpful and accommodating. They didn't make me feel like an idiot for changing my mind twice.

Even the way that the furniture was delivered, it's easy for me. I had to take it a pretty far distance to get it into my boat, but it was packaged well. The whole experience was just superb from getting fabric swatches, to talking with the representative about my options, to changing my mind twice. I've purchased a lot of furniture in the past five years from very high end furniture companies, and nobody gave me the ability to customize and the personalized service in the way that Simplicity did. They are outstanding and I love the sofa I bought from them. I have recommended them to neighbors and friends.

I was looking over at a website and I saw a sofa that I liked. Then I saw it was made by Simplicity Sofas so I went to their website. Their customer service team is very good and responsive, and the furniture that I got was very nice.

I was looking for small sofas because my house and the doors are small. The quality of the sofas at Simplicity Sofas is very good. However, the delivery was very cumbersome because the tractor trailer couldn’t get down in my driveway so we had to go and pick it up.

Simplicity Sofas would fit through a very small door to get into the salon of my boat so we did business with them. The quality is good. Plus, the customer service was very good. Overall, my experience was definitely favorable. I'd recommend Simplicity depending on what the people are looking for.

Everything was great with Simplicity Sofas. The quality of the furniture that we purchased is very good and their customer service is great. We dealt directly with the owner and he gave us everything we wanted.

Simplicity Sofas Company Profile