4.81/5
Based on 80 reviews that contain star ratings

Looking for a good furniture store?

​Here is what the experts are saying about Simplicity Sofas:

Erin Verbeck, author of the NY Times best-seller “The Joy of Marketing” --

"Simplicity Sofas is a top notch company with incredible customer service. You'll be hard pressed to find a company who will go so far to make sure you're satisfied with your purchase."

Shep Hyken, best-selling author of "The Amazement Revolution”

"Amazing! Wish I would have known about you as I was writing my last book. Simplicity Sofas would have been a perfect role model. The world can learn a lot by examples set by the best of the best.”

Abe Abbas, editor of the About.com furniture blog (and a Simplicity Sofas customer) --

"First of all, I would like to say that the entire furniture industry should learn from your company. This level of customer service just makes for a great over-all experience for the customer. Being in the furniture industry, I wish the entire industry could provide the customer service and care that Simplicity Sofa does."

Ray Allegrezza, former editor-in-chief of the furniture industry's leading trade publication "Furniture Today" (in response to a press release announcing that Simplicity Sofas had been awarded a $20,000 Grand Prize in a nationwide competition for America's Most Innovative Small Business) -- "Who the heck are you guys?"

William Shatner, during a 2013 interview with Simplicity Sofas owner Jeff Frank --

"Simplicity Sofas boldly goes where no furniture has gone before."

View More View More

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

80 Simplicity Sofas Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I purchased a $4000 sleeper sofa for my daughter's home to use when I sleep there. First off, it was charged to my credit card at time of order, but not delivered until about 6 weeks later which was annoying - it seems like it shouldn't have been charged until it was shipped. I ordered from this company solely because the sofa sleeper had to go up a narrow stairwell, so it would arrive disassembled and then be assembled after delivery into the appropriate space. This would allow for a sleeper sofa of this size to be delivered without damage.

When it was delivered to my daughter's home, she was confused because she said it came fully assembled and they had EXTREME difficulty getting it up the stairs. She showed the delivery men the damage done to the stairwell. They acknowledged it and asked her to sign for delivery. I immediately took pictures and contacted Jeff **. He told me to get an estimate for damage repair/repainting. It came to $200. Then he kept trying to make ME deal with the delivery people when I had no contract with them. They never contacted me anyway when he said they would. I asked Jeff ** just to credit my charge card for $200 for this $4000 purchase and he should deal with the delivery people.

He then denied my request and emailed me the delivery slip showing my daughter signed indicating there was no damage. She had not read it carefully and the delivery men did not explain what she was signing. She just thought she was signing to acknowledge delivery had been made as is frequently the case when products are delivered. Jeff ** said the delivery company said the damage was previously there. She had just moved in and everything was freshly painted - that is why this was so upsetting and why I specifically ordered from this company to avoid damage. You would think a company that brags about their customer service would believe the customer and give a $200 credit for a $4000 purchase. That is not an unreasonable request. It didn't seem to bother Jeff ** that they delivered it fully assembled up a narrow stairwell - what did they think would happen? SO disappointing. Extreme customer service - extremely poor.

Simplicity Sofas response

The delivery firm failed to follow instructions causing minor damage to a wall. No damage or problems were noted on the delivery receipt. As a result they denied the claim despite repeated efforts by Simplicity Sofas.

No complaint was made about the furniture.

With the failure of the delivery firm to accept responsibility, and our inability to compel them to take action, the customer is correct that Simplicity Sofas is ultimately responsible for correcting the problem.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

We were looking for a sleeper sofa for our basement and were having a very hard time finding any well-built, comfortable pieces that would fit down the narrow basement stairs. We are so happy that we discovered Simplicity Sofas. The queen sleeper sofa we purchased from Simplicity Sofas was a breeze to set up in the basement and is unbelievably comfortable. The cushions are clearly of a very high quality as well. We received truly outstanding customer service from the folks at Simplicity and are looking forward to buying more furniture from them in the future.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: May 15, 2017

Our experience with Simplicity Sofas was exceptional. We wanted a small sectional for our condo and researched 14 pages of Google hits, visited furniture stores in Maryland and Virginia, and concluded that a small sectional did not exist. Out of desperation, we Googled furniture manufacturers in High Point to see if a road trip might be worthwhile and that's when we learned of Simplicity Sofas. Specializing in customizable small space furniture, we found our 7' sectional. Because there is no showroom, we were apprehensive about purchasing furniture online based solely on pictures and descriptions; however, the 90% "5-star" reviewer ratings about quality and service, along with additional references from the owner of other verified positive reviews, got our attention.

I had many email exchanges with the owner, Jeff, as well as the customer service representative, Jenny, who provided detailed and comprehensive answers to all our questions. With same day turnaround, they helped us customize the sectional, sent the requested fabric swatches, provided name and background of the individual building our sofa, and set up free delivery. Both Jeff and Jenny followed up on delivery day to make sure all was satisfactory. The service is unsurpassed and the quality and appearance is awesome. Would highly recommend.

Original review: May 5, 2017

Simplicity Sofas makes furniture that will fit into an RV. The quality is excellent and it looks like furniture you’re buying for your house. I bought a couch that was 81 inches long with a love seat and I also bought an ottoman. Simplicity also has an excellent customer service. I first dealt with them on the telephone and I told them what I was interested in and they asked me to send pictures of what the inside of the RV looks like so they can get an idea of what kind of swatches to send me and when I had any kind of questions they got back to me within an hour or two either through email or call. The cost is reasonable and their warranty is great. Their warranty is for the cushions with the life of the sofa of your furniture, if you have problems with the cushions, you just let them know and they will send you new inserts to go inside of it. They claim it's guaranteed forever.

Original review: April 30, 2017

Simplicity Sofas has kept every posted promise and guarantee regarding our new sofa. They have sent out many parts to get the sofa and accessories to fit our needs just right over a period of weeks. I have not seen this kind of service from a furniture company before; from what I can tell, they are doing great things over there.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Simplicity Sofas?

Original review: April 26, 2017

I was looking for a couch that had a better foam density because my husband was having back problems from sitting on our soft sofas. I found Simplicity Sofas online and the fact that they're made in America is always a good deal. They also have childproof on fabrics and are child-friendly so I don't chase my grandchildren around and worry about the furniture all the time. The hardest part was for my husband to get the boxes into the house and I couldn't help because I was sick. We didn't get the right legs for the couch with the order so I called and I got them within a day or two. Also, the color is good. I got my swatches right away and I didn't have to wait two weeks. Everything was prompt and it happens that pillows are free the day I ordered it. I had just replaced a cushion cover because a stain wouldn't come out. I also liked the fact that I could send in a broken part if such a thing happens.

They send three different lengths of legs and they put it together really fast. We put longer legs on one and shorter legs on the other. I can touch the floor if I get a pillow behind my back on the short legged one and the tall people can sit on the longer legged one. I think we're gonna keep this for a long time because it's comfortable, durable and our 6'4'' son-in-law and my 5'10" brother is comfortable on it. Everybody seems to be comfortable and the quality is absolutely good. The oak frame and the metal pieces fit into their slots tightly. It's not wobbly or loose anywhere and very sturdy. Everything about the company and the service was excellent.

Original review: April 25, 2017

I was looking for a sleeper sofa on the website Houzz and found Simplicity Sofas. It was the only sleeper sofa that I could get into a garage apartment upstairs. It comes apart and I put it back together in the room and it fits. The overall quality of the furniture is very good and every interaction I've had with the company has been delightful. It's been a lovely experience with Simplicity Sofas.

Original review: April 22, 2017

We just moved to North Carolina and I was skeptical of buying something. I did all the research and went online. And we were looking at different places. The owner, Jeff said, "Well, you can come down to our place and see if you'd like them." He's close to High Point and we're in Raleigh. It's an hour and half drive. So we went there. We dealt directly with Jeff and our experience was very good. He gave us a tour of the warehouse and showed us how the products were made. That sealed the deal for me. We love the furniture. It matches with our decor very well because we have rustic modern style. And the modern sofa and the two chairs sit very well.

However, when we bought this fabric, it was supposed to be stain-free. We had a little kid come and put a little billy ball and we're able to get most of it out but we're wondering if it's really stain-free fabric. Nevertheless, we love Simplicity Sofas. We have already recommended them to people. We like the fact that packaging is so convenient. It fits in the door. And we got the white glove service where the guy who put it together said, “If any part is ever defective, you can just take that part out and they could send you the part."

Original review: April 20, 2017

I was looking for a North Carolina furniture company instead of going to one of these stores that has a thousand of furniture made. We had some new furniture delivered from this other store, and the day they delivered it, it looked like it was 30 years old because the fabric was wrinkled. But the furniture that I got from Simplicity Sofas was beautiful. I ordered the special down feather seats and pillows. It’s so comfortable and it's only a couple of months old, but it doesn't look worn at all. It looks perfect and we love it. One would have thought that putting it together was gonna be crappy, but it’s easy to do. It was very pricey, but it was what I wanted. And we got high quality.

Also, Simplicity Sofas' customer service is like nothing I have ever experienced from any company. They follow-up and they are really something. I wrote a review and one the things I said was, “The only thing that I would have liked better is if the arm pads were about eight inches longer” because they do these little short arm covers for the arms of the sofa. Within five minutes, the owner of the company said, “We’ll send you them.” But they didn’t realize I got two sofas. So, I got this package and these two beautiful arm covers. I emailed them and said, “I really hate to say this because you’ve been so nice, but I did get two sofas and you only sent me the arm covers for one.” Within a couple of weeks, I had the other one. Then they followed up and asked if I got them and if everything was okay. Simplicity Sofas' customer service, their response to my feedback, and their product were awesome.

Original review: April 9, 2017

Everyone was very communicable throughout the purchase and delivery process. Sample fabric was sent and communication over e-mail was consistent and timely. The delivery also went very smoothly and the set-up happened efficiently with the delivery workers taking away all the trash and leaving the sofa as asked. It was a bad weather day and they were still professional and polite. I would definitely recommend the company to a friend looking for new furniture. The setup was easy and the Brandon sofa is great!

Original review: April 8, 2017

We visited their facility to see how they handcrafted the sofas. Impressive, so we ordered a Megan sleeper sofa. Slight delay with the fabric, but worth the wait as final product was outstanding! Delivery went without a hitch. All in all we would recommend this company without reservation.

Original review: April 6, 2017

While in the process of furnishing a small, beachfront condo about 5 years ago, my husband and I had the opportunity to stop in at the Simplicity Sofas showroom, knowing very little about their products. By the time we left, we were excited about our purchase of a small sofa, a slipcover, and air mattress that were perfect for our space and could sleep a couple of small grandchildren. It arrived promptly, was so easy to put together, and it looked great.

When I first put the slipcover on, I was not happy with the way it looked and the quality of workmanship. I later learned that at that time, the company was still young and they were contracting their slipcover work to an outside vendor. Unfortunately I lived with it for a couple of years until I just removed it and used the sofa without it.

Because beachfront environment is harsh, I realized that I did indeed, need a slipcover. So about 5 years after my purchase, I got in touch with the company and expressed my concerns. After waiting only a short period of time, I received a new slipcover made to order that is beautiful, well made, and looks perfect! Apparently the company now does their own slipcover work in-house.

We remodeled and furnished two condos in the last few years. I shudder to think of the number of product and service companies and sales reps that we dealt with! Jeff ** and his staff were by far, the most responsive, professional and honestly concerned of all of them. Their products are unusual and amazing, and their customer service is outstanding! Thank you Simplicity Sofas!

Original review: April 6, 2017

We ordered a sofa for the dining room in an older house, with a small entry way. I stumbled on Simplicity while searching online. At first, I had concerns making such a large investment online. But I called them, and immediately felt more comfortable learning about the company, their process of helping me select fabric, design, etc. Their customer service and knowledge of furniture, and dedication to quality, is excellent. We made the decision to purchase the sofa and are very satisfied with it.

It is easier to unpack and assemble if two people are doing it. The assembly itself is not complicated, and instructions are good. A sofa is large (this one was close to 8') and the boxes were large. Despite the length, it easily fit into our small doorway. Removing the components from the boxes, and breaking down the boxes and assembling the sofa was easier with two people. I was glad there was two of us to do it. We highly recommend Simplicity. Everything went smoothly and they went out of their way to be helpful.

Original review: April 5, 2017

I ordered a mid-sized sofa, armchair, and ottoman in the Megan style with custom "ears" on the back cushions to fit over the furniture arms. We have a rec room with a very narrow, winding entrance, and had to find furniture that could be taken into the room in pieces and disassembled to take back out. Simplicity Sofas furniture was the only ready-to-assemble, mid-priced, well-constructed furniture in designs we liked. Jeff provided lots of assistance in deciding on the details of the the mid-size sofa, armchair, and large ottoman that we ordered. When we liked the colors available in one line of leather but the softer hand of a second line line, Jeff had several more color samples from the second leather line sent to us directly from the leather company.

He gave me detailed information about the durability of the leather we liked. Our seat cushions have springs, with foam and down filling on both top and bottom, and are very comfortable. I love that the cushions can be reversed as well as swapped with each other to even out the wear. When the ottoman, which has a firmer cushion, felt a little too high for the sofa seat, Jeff sent us 3" legs to replace the ottoman's original 4" legs, and that solved the problem. The furniture is holding up well under considerable daily use. I couldn't be more pleased with the product and customer service.

Original review: March 16, 2017

The full-size sofa, loveseat, and ottoman look so beautiful on our bamboo flooring. Just stunning!!! The neighbors came by to check out our new furniture. Three families on our street own RVs. They were all impressed. My sister and her husband own a small yacht in Florida. I will be sending her photos. I am so very impressed with the upholstery. Beautiful!!!

We ordered the standard foam seat cushions, and also ordered one upgraded spring down cushion. I like the firm foam cushion. My husband likes the softer spring down box cushion. So I ordered 2 more down spring cushions for the sofa. We will simply unzip the upholstery, remove the standard cushions, and replace with the softer cushions.

My engineer/scientist husband is so impressed with the engineering of the piece. He called our grown kids to tell them about the really neat furniture, and how easy it will be to move later. We are so grateful that it is so easy to have the damaged piece replaced. As directed by Jenny's email, we checked the boxes for damage and noted box damage on the delivery ticket.

We put the furniture together in the evening under lamplight. I happily sent an email to Simplicity Sofa, saying how much we loved the furniture, and that there was no damage. The next morning, in brighter light, I noticed the rip and damage to the lower edge of the sofa. I was so worried that Simplicity Sofas would not believe me after I had already reported no damage.

I took photos of the rip and damaged area and emailed them to Simplicity Sofas. Then I called the customer service number. Jenny answered the phone and had already opened my email about the damaged piece. Replacement of the damaged bottom section of the sofa is SO very easy. Simplicity Sofas is manufacturing the new lower section of the sofa and will ship it to me in a week. I will keep the damaged section, and simply replace it with the new section when it arrives. There is no need to return the damaged piece.

I am a very picky furniture buyer. We own Hancock and Moore furniture, and Theodore Alexander furniture. We needed high-end furniture that we could move upstairs easily. Simplicity Sofas totally exceeded our expectations! Yes, I wholeheartedly recommend Simplicity Sofas. The workmanship is SUPERB! The customer service is SPECTACULAR, the best ever!!! The owner, Jeff, sent me an email apologizing for the delivery damage. Just AMAZING! Attached are photos. The last attached photo shows the minor damage to the bottom edge of the full-size sofa, as viewed when standing. Simplicity Sofas, Thank you!

Original review: March 3, 2017

I had purchased my sofa with firm cushions. It took me a while to finally admit to myself I had ordered the wrong cushions. I called Jeff at Simplicity Sofa and explained the situation and he was very understanding. He asked a few intelligent questions and told me he would send me some different cushions and taller sofa legs. The end result was great. You could not ask for better after the sale service!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

After much research and deliberation, I decided to order the full-size Megan Sofa and Chair for my living room. I was looking for a product that was stylish, durable, Made in the USA and highly rated by customers. I was not disappointed! The whole experience, from ordering to delivery to follow-up from the staff and owner, showcases this company's outstanding quality and customer service. Even the UPS Freight driver was courteous and accommodating.

The furniture pieces fit together easily and the cushions are super thick and supportive - I'm very impressed. I ordered a light colored fabric (Category 4 - Crypton Horizon Natural) to help brighten a dark room and feel certain that it will withstand wear and tear for a long time. I reported a very minor fabric irregularity (a pulled thread) in one small section of the couch arm. It is a completely unobtrusive flaw and yet the owner offered to replace the whole sofa arm now or in the future. Simplicity Sofas has created a business model that I hope will be emulated by many other industries.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2017

I searched for quality sofas online and found Simplicity Sofas through ConsumerAffairs. I looked at it and decided to go with them. The reviews were so excellent and their people were so wonderful about wanting their customer to be happy. They're the only place I would feel safe ordering from online without first seeing and sitting on the furniture.

The furniture itself works well for me because it's against the wall. I'm using it upstairs in a TV room and it's great for there. I would also put the same sofa in my living room because it's free standing there and it's obvious from the back that it's put together. Also, I knew the frame was made of hardwood but I was surprised to see that it was made of oak. It's very sturdy, comfortable and a big factor for me was the fact that I could get it up at a stairway that has a 90-degree turn. And it was made in the USA which I really liked too.

As for their service, it's much better than the ones I received in the past from other furniture companies. Their reps provide service that goes way beyond anything I expected. I got a stain on the sofa I couldn't get out after I've had it just a couple of days and they sent me a new cushion cover at no charge. And I asked for an extra yard of fabric and expected to pay for it but they sent it to me at no charge. I also decided to get a chair to go with the sofa but I didn't put the fabric protector on it which I had on the couch. Then I got an email from the owner saying that they noticed I didn't get it and that they would go ahead and do that if it was all right with me at no charge.

They've also been very good about telling me the name of the persons building my furniture and how long they've been with the company. They are so informative and responsive which is rare these days. I've also noticed that any emails I have back-and-forth from their employees all copy in the owner of the company. In fact, in one conversation I was having, I subsequently got an email from him clarifying something. Obviously, this guy is heavily involved and wants to make sure that the service to his customers is excellent.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

My furniture from Simplicity Sofas is top notch. One can tell it’s crafted and custom made by a craftsman rather than just a production line putting out thousands. I spoke with the owner several times and I felt that I was buying something that somebody had made and that they cared about it. The other furniture persons were impersonal.

The customer service team at Simplicity Sofas also pays a lot of attention. I got multiple rounds of swatches from them when I first reached out to them, and every time I asked they were more than gracious. It cost them money and time each time they send out swatches or spend time with me on the phone answering questions, but they never made me feel as if I was taking them away from doing business.

I love that the furniture not made in China, they’re made here in the States. I also love that I can speak with the owner himself and that says a lot. How many furniture companies put the owner on the phone and spends an hour on a Sunday talking to you about his product? I don’t think that happens too often. And he’s excited about his product. That’s why I made a purchase with them and it was extremely satisfying. I would definitely purchase from them again and I would highly recommend it to everyone. It’s a quality product.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

I went online looking for some reputable quality furniture. At first I was hesitant to buy anything online, especially furniture. But being a furniture repairman many years ago, I know what makes a good furniture. When I read about Simplicity Sofas, I thought that how they approach their factory and their way of making furniture by addressing complaints were fantastic. The more I read about them and their reviews, the more I decided I wanted to do business with them.

I called and made orders, and everything was wonderful. When we couldn’t find the sleeper sofa that matched the chairs and the design that we liked, they agreed to adjust the side arms on the sleeper sofa. And I know the job that it takes in order to be able to redesign something special for a sofa. When I assembled it in my house, I was amazed at how everything fit together under a new design. I really appreciate them adapting and creating something new just for me. It was unbelievable.

The furniture is also excellent and sturdy. It's very easy to disassemble and put back together. Usually, when one would disassemble something and put it back together, they'd think it's gonna be wobbly or weak, but all the connections that Simplicity Sofas did were well thought-out and easy to tighten up. The fabric is also beautiful and the wood that’s used in the inner construction of the pieces is excellent. And it’s light - not big and bulky which I hate. The furniture is the best that I've seen all the way around. It's beautiful with a fine design that does not take up space yet gives the powerful comfort of most big, over-sized pieces of furniture.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

The quality of the furniture that I purchased from Simplicity Sofas is very good. It's what made me buy from them. My experience with the customer service team also went smoothly. I did call once prior to ordering to get some more swatches that I needed through the mail and they were very accommodating. Then I e-mailed because I wanted a sofa before the holidays, and they were able to accommodate that, too. The owner himself e-mailed me and said they would do their best to get it out a little bit early, so that was pretty impressive. I also got follow-up e-mail from Simplicity asking me how I made out and so forth, so that was nice, too. It was a very positive experience. Simplicity Sofas has exceptional service and quality.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

I was skeptical about ordering a sofa online but Simplicity had the size I wanted, the fabric was excellent and I was tired of shopping around and finding nothing. I am glad I took the leap. After we received the sofa, my husband wanted softer cushions and they sent them out as promised. I will never buy from anywhere else but Simplicity.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2017

Simplicity Sofas was an absolute pleasure to deal with. My sofa arrived on time, and is even better than I had hoped for. I had such a hard time trying to find half-decent furniture that would fit through my extremely narrow doorway. I was initially nervous about ordering something I hadn't tried out in a store as well. In the end, I don't feel like I had to "settle" on this couch at all though! I would order this couch again in a heartbeat! It is gorgeous, sturdy, well-crafted, and very comfortable. They sent several free fabric swatches, and even sent several additional ones they thought I might like based on the samples I had requested. Communication was proactive and polite. I will recommend to friends, even if they don't have narrow spaces to contend with.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

Simplicity Sofas is a very efficient company. I like their products. They're very good. Their customer service team were very attentive. They answered all of my questions and sent me the swatches. I prefer working with them over local furniture dealers because it was just what I was looking for. I had to put it in and get some full sofa up some narrow steps, and it came in parts, and they were easy to handle. Once I got all the parts up into the apartment, it was very easy to assemble. I had a pleasant experience with them.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

I searched on the internet for furniture that would fit through a small opening and got Simplicity Sofas. They have a good product and their customer service was great. They were very responsive about two issues. One is having to do with delivery and they solved that problem because I wanted to get my purchase delivered in time for a visitor that we were hosting. Then, there's a mattress that one can buy that converts the sofa into a bed and they send a pump that blows up the mattress. The pump died within the first couple of times I used it so I complained to them about that and they sent me a new one.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

Simplicity Sofas are really well made, comfortable, classy-looking and easy to assemble. Their customer care is first rate. After a long search for the perfect sofa, we chose a Simplicity Sofa and are thrilled with the results. Jeff Frank, the owner is a pleasure to deal with.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

I was interested in Simplicity because they got such great reviews and I couldn’t find anybody who had any problems with them. When I called, I talked to the owner and he’s very nice. He said that their furniture was guaranteed one year so I had one year to return it if I didn’t like it and they would even pay the shipping. That's the reason I bought the couch online without seeing it. I like it but it’s very uncomfortable on my back. I’ve tried to sit in it for six months and my back bothers me on it.

I thought about returning it and when I phoned Simplicity, they put me through to the owner. He tried to say that he would accommodate me because the pillows are so low and when I fall asleep, my neck goes back. I like to rest my head against that when I’m sitting on the couch, so he said he could make the cushions higher. He’d do anything he could to make it right, which was very kind of him, but the depth of the couch is not deep enough for me so I didn’t want him to go to that trouble.

I called a month ago and they called me back and they told me that the couch was too expensive to ship back. I said, “That was what was told to me, that they would pay the shipping back.” Then the rep asked me to hang on and she came back and said I could donate it to a non-profit and then they would credit my Visa, which I felt bad about. I’m afraid that if Simplicity doesn’t keep their word and credit me, I don’t have anything to sit on. I’m hoping that they’ll keep their word and we’ll see in a couple of weeks what happens. Overall Simplicity was very nice and at this point, they have honored their word. The couch is beautiful and it would be great in tight spaces, but I would consider the depth of the couch for the size of the person.

Simplicity Sofas response

Ms. G__,

On Nov. 2, 2016 we received a call from you stating that the back cushions were not comfortable because they were not high enough. I told you we would be happy to make you special higher back cushions.

You chose not to try out the higher back cushions and instead asked for a full refund.

Our customer service manager informed you the same day that to process the refund you needed to call us with your credit card information.

Return shipping would have been very expensive so you were asked to donate the furniture to a local charity. We offered to find a charity that would pick up the furniture from your home if you were unable to locate one yourself.

You were told that the refund would be processed within 24 hours once you had called us with the credit card and charity information.

We did not receive a phone call from you or any other inquiries or requests for a refund from Nov. 2 until this review was received 1/31/2017.

Regarding the depth of the couch -- This is not a problem that you ever mentioned in your conversations with me.

With the standard 4" tall legs our furniture is extremely comfortable for most people who are 5 ft. 0" - 5 ft. 10" in height.

For taller people or those who feel that the depth may feel less than optimal we send an additional set of front legs (at no charge) that are 1" higher than the standard 4" legs. These higher front legs increase the back pitch slightly and make the furniture "feel" deeper.

We do this for approximately 10% of our customers and it almost always solves the "not quite deep enough" feeling.

Jeff Frank, Owner

Simplicity Sofas

Update - Two days after the response above we processed a full refund for this customer. The furniture was donated to charity.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

We had the back pillows and the loft had gone out of them over the last four years. I ended up talking with the owner of Simplicity Sofas and they sent us new filler for the pillow then we changed the materials in the meantime. They were super on customer service. The quality of their products is outstanding. I'm an engineer by training and when I looked at the way this stuff is built and the materials that they use for the upholstery, I was blown away.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

I was looking for a sofa and found it online. We decided to go see what the place looked like and when we got there, the people were so friendly and helpful. We were there for a while and they helped us pick out the color. They delivered the sofa to our house and were very sweet and nice. We've had a few people use the sofa bed and they said that it was excellent because it's like an air mattress and it works really super well. We love it.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2017

We were initially introduced to Simplicity Sofas by my sister who knew that we were working within a confined space. After reviewing the very informative website, I called the "office" on a Sunday, and the owner, Jeff Frank, answered the phone. He was more than helpful and that is when our journey began. The dimensions and style of the Megan sectional fit our space perfectly. Then came the fabric selection. The company offers a wide variety of fabrics to choose from. After reviewing many samples (all employees were very patient with us) we finally settled on Marlow Dolphin.

We placed our order and the sofa boxes arrived exactly within the time frame promised. All sections went together perfectly and we could not be happier. The construction of the pieces is superb to any furniture we have purchased in the past and the product is made here in the USA. We can not say enough kind words about the incredible, personal customer service. Thank you, Jeff, Jenny, Pam, and Sergio. The word is out.

Simplicity Sofas expert review by ConsumerAffairs

This retailer sells furniture directly to customers and specializes in furniture for small spaces. Popular items include couches, chaise sofas and sectionals. All frames are solid oak with 3 cushion construction options.

• Samples: Free swatches available, as well as a free catalog.

• Award-winning: Best Sectional Sofa in USA 2018, Top RTA furniture manufacturers.

• Warranty: 10-year warranty on materials and workmanship.

• Delivery: Free threshold shipping to most states and white-glove delivery service available for a fee.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs