4.81/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

​Here is what the experts are saying about Simplicity Sofas:

Erin Verbeck, author of the NY Times best-seller “The Joy of Marketing” --

"Simplicity Sofas is a top notch company with incredible customer service. You'll be hard pressed to find a company who will go so far to make sure you're satisfied with your purchase."

Shep Hyken, best-selling author of "The Amazement Revolution”

"Amazing! Wish I would have known about you as I was writing my last book. Simplicity Sofas would have been a perfect role model. The world can learn a lot by examples set by the best of the best.”

Abe Abbas, editor of the About.com furniture blog (and a Simplicity Sofas customer) --

"First of all, I would like to say that the entire furniture industry should learn from your company. This level of customer service just makes for a great over-all experience for the customer. Being in the furniture industry, I wish the entire industry could provide the customer service and care that Simplicity Sofa does."

Ray Allegrezza, former editor-in-chief of the furniture industry's leading trade publication "Furniture Today" (in response to a press release announcing that Simplicity Sofas had been awarded a $20,000 Grand Prize in a nationwide competition for America's Most Innovative Small Business) -- "Who the heck are you guys?"

William Shatner, during a 2013 interview with Simplicity Sofas owner Jeff Frank --

"Simplicity Sofas boldly goes where no furniture has gone before."

View More View More

Looking for a good furniture store?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Simplicity Sofas Reviews

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I purchased a $4000 sleeper sofa for my daughter's home to use when I sleep there. First off, it was charged to my credit card at time of order, but not delivered until about 6 weeks later which was annoying - it seems like it shouldn't have been charged until it was shipped. I ordered from this company solely because the sofa sleeper had to go up a narrow stairwell, so it would arrive disassembled and then be assembled after delivery into the appropriate space. This would allow for a sleeper sofa of this size to be delivered without damage.

When it was delivered to my daughter's home, she was confused because she said it came fully assembled and they had EXTREME difficulty getting it up the stairs. She showed the delivery men the damage done to the stairwell. They acknowledged it and asked her to sign for delivery. I immediately took pictures and contacted Jeff **. He told me to get an estimate for damage repair/repainting. It came to $200. Then he kept trying to make ME deal with the delivery people when I had no contract with them. They never contacted me anyway when he said they would. I asked Jeff ** just to credit my charge card for $200 for this $4000 purchase and he should deal with the delivery people.

He then denied my request and emailed me the delivery slip showing my daughter signed indicating there was no damage. She had not read it carefully and the delivery men did not explain what she was signing. She just thought she was signing to acknowledge delivery had been made as is frequently the case when products are delivered. Jeff ** said the delivery company said the damage was previously there. She had just moved in and everything was freshly painted - that is why this was so upsetting and why I specifically ordered from this company to avoid damage. You would think a company that brags about their customer service would believe the customer and give a $200 credit for a $4000 purchase. That is not an unreasonable request. It didn't seem to bother Jeff ** that they delivered it fully assembled up a narrow stairwell - what did they think would happen? SO disappointing. Extreme customer service - extremely poor.

Simplicity Sofas response

The delivery firm failed to follow instructions causing minor damage to a wall. No damage or problems were noted on the delivery receipt. As a result they denied the claim despite repeated efforts by Simplicity Sofas.

No complaint was made about the furniture.

With the failure of the delivery firm to accept responsibility, and our inability to compel them to take action, the customer is correct that Simplicity Sofas is ultimately responsible for correcting the problem.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

We were looking for a sleeper sofa for our basement and were having a very hard time finding any well-built, comfortable pieces that would fit down the narrow basement stairs. We are so happy that we discovered Simplicity Sofas. The queen sleeper sofa we purchased from Simplicity Sofas was a breeze to set up in the basement and is unbelievably comfortable. The cushions are clearly of a very high quality as well. We received truly outstanding customer service from the folks at Simplicity and are looking forward to buying more furniture from them in the future.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: May 15, 2017

Our experience with Simplicity Sofas was exceptional. We wanted a small sectional for our condo and researched 14 pages of Google hits, visited furniture stores in Maryland and Virginia, and concluded that a small sectional did not exist. Out of desperation, we Googled furniture manufacturers in High Point to see if a road trip might be worthwhile and that's when we learned of Simplicity Sofas. Specializing in customizable small space furniture, we found our 7' sectional. Because there is no showroom, we were apprehensive about purchasing furniture online based solely on pictures and descriptions; however, the 90% "5-star" reviewer ratings about quality and service, along with additional references from the owner of other verified positive reviews, got our attention.

I had many email exchanges with the owner, Jeff, as well as the customer service representative, Jenny, who provided detailed and comprehensive answers to all our questions. With same day turnaround, they helped us customize the sectional, sent the requested fabric swatches, provided name and background of the individual building our sofa, and set up free delivery. Both Jeff and Jenny followed up on delivery day to make sure all was satisfactory. The service is unsurpassed and the quality and appearance is awesome. Would highly recommend.

Original review: May 5, 2017

Simplicity Sofas makes furniture that will fit into an RV. The quality is excellent and it looks like furniture you’re buying for your house. I bought a couch that was 81 inches long with a love seat and I also bought an ottoman. Simplicity also has an excellent customer service. I first dealt with them on the telephone and I told them what I was interested in and they asked me to send pictures of what the inside of the RV looks like so they can get an idea of what kind of swatches to send me and when I had any kind of questions they got back to me within an hour or two either through email or call. The cost is reasonable and their warranty is great. Their warranty is for the cushions with the life of the sofa of your furniture, if you have problems with the cushions, you just let them know and they will send you new inserts to go inside of it. They claim it's guaranteed forever.

Original review: April 30, 2017

Simplicity Sofas has kept every posted promise and guarantee regarding our new sofa. They have sent out many parts to get the sofa and accessories to fit our needs just right over a period of weeks. I have not seen this kind of service from a furniture company before; from what I can tell, they are doing great things over there.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Simplicity Sofas?

Original review: April 26, 2017

I was looking for a couch that had a better foam density because my husband was having back problems from sitting on our soft sofas. I found Simplicity Sofas online and the fact that they're made in America is always a good deal. They also have childproof on fabrics and are child-friendly so I don't chase my grandchildren around and worry about the furniture all the time. The hardest part was for my husband to get the boxes into the house and I couldn't help because I was sick. We didn't get the right legs for the couch with the order so I called and I got them within a day or two. Also, the color is good. I got my swatches right away and I didn't have to wait two weeks. Everything was prompt and it happens that pillows are free the day I ordered it. I had just replaced a cushion cover because a stain wouldn't come out. I also liked the fact that I could send in a broken part if such a thing happens.

They send three different lengths of legs and they put it together really fast. We put longer legs on one and shorter legs on the other. I can touch the floor if I get a pillow behind my back on the short legged one and the tall people can sit on the longer legged one. I think we're gonna keep this for a long time because it's comfortable, durable and our 6'4'' son-in-law and my 5'10" brother is comfortable on it. Everybody seems to be comfortable and the quality is absolutely good. The oak frame and the metal pieces fit into their slots tightly. It's not wobbly or loose anywhere and very sturdy. Everything about the company and the service was excellent.

Original review: April 25, 2017

I was looking for a sleeper sofa on the website Houzz and found Simplicity Sofas. It was the only sleeper sofa that I could get into a garage apartment upstairs. It comes apart and I put it back together in the room and it fits. The overall quality of the furniture is very good and every interaction I've had with the company has been delightful. It's been a lovely experience with Simplicity Sofas.

Original review: April 22, 2017

We just moved to North Carolina and I was skeptical of buying something. I did all the research and went online. And we were looking at different places. The owner, Jeff said, "Well, you can come down to our place and see if you'd like them." He's close to High Point and we're in Raleigh. It's an hour and half drive. So we went there. We dealt directly with Jeff and our experience was very good. He gave us a tour of the warehouse and showed us how the products were made. That sealed the deal for me. We love the furniture. It matches with our decor very well because we have rustic modern style. And the modern sofa and the two chairs sit very well.

However, when we bought this fabric, it was supposed to be stain-free. We had a little kid come and put a little billy ball and we're able to get most of it out but we're wondering if it's really stain-free fabric. Nevertheless, we love Simplicity Sofas. We have already recommended them to people. We like the fact that packaging is so convenient. It fits in the door. And we got the white glove service where the guy who put it together said, “If any part is ever defective, you can just take that part out and they could send you the part."

Original review: April 20, 2017

I was looking for a North Carolina furniture company instead of going to one of these stores that has a thousand of furniture made. We had some new furniture delivered from this other store, and the day they delivered it, it looked like it was 30 years old because the fabric was wrinkled. But the furniture that I got from Simplicity Sofas was beautiful. I ordered the special down feather seats and pillows. It’s so comfortable and it's only a couple of months old, but it doesn't look worn at all. It looks perfect and we love it. One would have thought that putting it together was gonna be crappy, but it’s easy to do. It was very pricey, but it was what I wanted. And we got high quality.

Also, Simplicity Sofas' customer service is like nothing I have ever experienced from any company. They follow-up and they are really something. I wrote a review and one the things I said was, “The only thing that I would have liked better is if the arm pads were about eight inches longer” because they do these little short arm covers for the arms of the sofa. Within five minutes, the owner of the company said, “We’ll send you them.” But they didn’t realize I got two sofas. So, I got this package and these two beautiful arm covers. I emailed them and said, “I really hate to say this because you’ve been so nice, but I did get two sofas and you only sent me the arm covers for one.” Within a couple of weeks, I had the other one. Then they followed up and asked if I got them and if everything was okay. Simplicity Sofas' customer service, their response to my feedback, and their product were awesome.

Original review: April 9, 2017

Everyone was very communicable throughout the purchase and delivery process. Sample fabric was sent and communication over e-mail was consistent and timely. The delivery also went very smoothly and the set-up happened efficiently with the delivery workers taking away all the trash and leaving the sofa as asked. It was a bad weather day and they were still professional and polite. I would definitely recommend the company to a friend looking for new furniture. The setup was easy and the Brandon sofa is great!

Simplicity Sofas expert review by ConsumerAffairs

This retailer sells furniture directly to customers and specializes in furniture for small spaces. Popular items include couches, chaise sofas and sectionals. All frames are solid oak with 3 cushion construction options.

• Samples: Free swatches available, as well as a free catalog.

• Award-winning: Best Sectional Sofa in USA 2018, Top RTA furniture manufacturers.

• Warranty: 10-year warranty on materials and workmanship.

• Delivery: Free threshold shipping to most states and white-glove delivery service available for a fee.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs