4.9/5 (201 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Taylor Sansano
Edited by Jana Lynch

About ClearPath Lending

ClearPath Lending (NMLS #936436) is a lender offering home purchase and refinance loans. You can use the portal on its website to upload documents, see your loan info and monitor your application.

In 2020, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau penalized ClearPath Lending for inadequate disclosures and misleading and deceptive statements in its ads for VA loans. The company was ordered to pay a civil penalty.

Pros

• Specializes in refinancing VA loans
  • Loan application tracking
  • Loyalty program

Cons

• Application process isn't entirely online
  • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

While ClearPath Lending has a variety of loan options, it mostly focuses on lending to veterans. It also offers a unique loyalty program that can help you get a lower rate by refinancing. However, it has been fined for false advertising as recently as 2020.

ClearPath Lending Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending NMLS # 936436?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

The process through ClearPath was real easy and the new rate and terms of my loan are really low. Also, I didn't have to pay mortgage for a couple of months and then dropped the payment so it was nice.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to working with you in the future!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2021

It was good working with ClearPath's reps, except I had some problems with my old finance company right in the middle of all this. But ClearPath has done great so far.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending. We are happy to be of service to you! Thank you for being a part of the ClearPath family.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

Joe was our ClearPath lending officer. He was very knowledgeable. He gave us a better understanding of the loan and he was really kind. The application process was fast. He asked me to send a picture of the letter we got from them through phone. I asked him why and he said that they don't send those letters to everybody, so he needed a copy of it. It was a letter stating that we got this and that through the loan. If I had questions, I just call back and Joe answered. Our first payment is going to be due in December and they said we're going to get a letter and we still haven't gotten a letter. So, I called Joe and he said if I don't get it by the 20th, I should give him a call, and he'll see into it. So, that was good to know. Overall, ClearPath gave us a better rate. I am gonna save $100 a month at most. If people will ask me, I would tell them to give ClearPath a call.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending! Welcome to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

I was really happy with ClearPath. I refinanced and they did a super job. They got me down to 1.75.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending. We appreciate all of your positive feedback and want to welcome you to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

The rep was very courteous, patient, and honest. He answered all the questions that I was curious about as well as explained everything to me. I appreciated that. The process took 30 minutes and it was easy. ClearPath Lending was great, and I was very comfortable with them. They came here and I talked with them and I like everything about them, including how they were very professional. They explained things to me very clearly and went over and over. I asked the same questions six times and they still wouldn't get mad about it. I give them A+. It's a good program that they have and I would tell anybody this is the program to go with.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for your review of ClearPath Lending. We are so happy to have worked with you! Welcome to the ClearPath family.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

We started with ClearPath in September and we closed around the middle of October. I was satisfied with their customer service throughout the process.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending! Welcome to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

We refinanced, and the rep was extremely helpful. The process only took a couple of weeks.

ClearPath Lending response

Original review: Nov. 7, 2021

ClearPath Lending is a great organization that made it easy to work through things. They were very responsive, and that was the biggest important thing that I appreciated. When I called, they answered. There was a person. Also, it only took a month and a half total to get my VA type of application approved and it was smooth.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending! Welcome to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

ClearPath made refinancing very simple, and the rep was very helpful as well. I'm very satisfied with my experience and I don't plan to switch anytime soon. That's how good the deal I got is. If anything, I recommend for other people to do it.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending! Welcome to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

Our loan experience with ClearPath Lending was very good. It was probably the quickest and easiest we've done. During the application process, I didn't have to do anything else besides the simple things. I didn't get asked millions of times for documents. Our loan officer was good, very communicative, and he answered all my questions pretty promptly. His name was Mark and he was very easygoing and he listened. I would tell others to go with ClearPath. They get the job done.

ClearPath Lending response

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

ClearPath's reps were pretty upfront and straightforward about the process. The only issue I had is that when we started the process, they said the closing date would be early September but it did not close until October. They told us to not pay our September house payment so we did not but our lender's collections department called us up and told us to make payment. We got ahold of ClearPath and they told us we better pay that off so we did. Other than that, people were honest and pleasant to talk to. I had no problem.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending! Welcome to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

Since it was an IRRR Loan, the process didn't take a lot of paperwork that I had to run around and get. The individual I dealt with said it would take three weeks, and that's approximately what it took. I was satisfied with that. The only issue I have is that ClearPath offers these incredible rates, 1.75, which is what motivated me to refinance, then when you get into the minutiae of this, “The 1.75 is not available to you, sir, because you don't have an 800 credit score.” It’s a shame that they do that upfront. They should explain that to the customer right in the beginning, “If you have an 800 credit score, then we can give you this. We can offer you this type of loan.” They don't do that, and that's a little disingenuous. It’s not just ClearPath though. I would imagine this happens with other companies as well.

Once people make a call, they don't stop getting phone calls, emails, or junk mail. Rather than put people through all that, ClearPath should be upfront in their advertisement so that people know what they're getting into before they make a call. I was already looking to refi. My interest rate wasn't terrible (it was 5%), but because of the way the rates are now, it was worth the refi even though I didn't get the 1.75. Getting that 1.75 would have really helped out, and I don't know why they couldn't offer that rate with someone who has a credit score like mine. My credit score was 760 at the time and it’s way above the national average.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending! Welcome to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

My experience was simple and quick. Everything went smoothly. And any little issues that arrived, ClearPath resolved it quickly. I’d recommend them.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending! Welcome to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

ClearPath was very conscientious. The rep was very communicative and made sure that I was aware of everything that was going on and every step of the process. Working with them was excellent. I did this once before and it was better to work with them than it was the first time I did it. I would highly recommend them. If the savings and interest is mathematically in your favor, do it.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending! Welcome to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2021

I received something in the mail and with a lower rate. I proceeded with that. And ClearPath was professional, very helpful and friendly. I did the sign in online.

They made sure that I was informed about everything that was going on. And they would email me and let me know. They would call me also. What they are doing is a great asset to the company. And everything went smooth. Thanks to Joe and Karen for all that they have done to help me through this process.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

ClearPath was the easiest to deal with. All of my stuff is already on file, so the application process is very easy now. They've been top-notch. I had a pleasant experience, and it's more likely I'm going to deal with them again.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

Steven, the loan officer that I had, was fantastic and would always take my calls. No matter what the time was, he called me back.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

ClearPath's rep was very personable and knowledgeable. He answered my questions before I could ask them. He laid it out. That was one of the best representations I've got in my loan experiences. It was so quic and painless. He did his job. He did what he said he would do from the first call to the last one. And he’s a good guy. He deserves a good rating.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

I did a refi and it went very quick and no issues. There was good communication.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

The rep was good and quick, and always responsive to my emails and calls.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

Refinancing my house through ClearPath was a very good experience. All got done within a month and a half and I like the new rates. It saved me some money.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

I had great access to the person who assisted us with the loan. I even had some questions since we completed the loan and I was able to get responses back right away. My taxes are my biggest worry because in the past, one of my tax quarters got missed. So, I ended up having to double-pay my taxes. We went back and tried to figure it out and never got it figured out. But this time, everything went okay. I'm going to call today and confirm that they were paid because they should have moved over to the new escrow and make sure that I'm not missing anything. ClearPath was very professional, accessible and everything went smoothly.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending! Welcome to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

We refinanced with ClearPath and got a lower rate. The rep did a good job. The application process was quick and easy and we got great terms. We'll continue with them. They've been great.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending! Welcome to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

The application process with ClearPath was very simple or I wouldn't have done it. I had an excellent credit rate going in, so it made it easy. It took two and a half months to get the mortgage and I was very pleased with the rate that I got which was 1.75. By and large, the experience was pleasant. Unlike some of the other companies I dealt with, ClearPath went out of their way to keep me informed and I appreciated that. Even if they weren't making progress, they were telling me. Whatever it was, they had their hands on it and were in control, they knew what they were doing, and they were moving along with a lot of other applications due to the low interest rates. They were handling a lot of business and probably still are but they reached out to me on numerous occasions to tell me where they were and what was gonna happen, which was a very good technique.

Resolution response: Nov. 4, 2021

I was able to resolve this issue and we worked to find an amicable solution to my complaint.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

I received a letter in the mail for a 1.75% VA home loan refinance from ClearPath Lending on October 20th 2021. I called ClearPath lending the next morning (Today) and asked them about qualifying for the letter I received in the mail and they said...after a lengthy conversation: "that program's quota has been filled up for the month and that I should call them back after Nov 1st as they only allot 300 of these every month." This is a classic bait and switch in which the consumer receives a piece of mail offering a mortgage and terms and then do not make that product available to the consumer.

This company has violated the law several times in the past with veterans. Those who fight for our freedom are being taken advantage OVER AND OVER AND OVER again with still having the flexibility and freedom to CONTINUE to operate and do business.**. I would love to see this company go out of business as a result of their fraudulent and deceptive mailings and disregard towards US Veterans and the consumer by not offering the advertised product they offer on their letter even though the Veteran calls within 24 hrs. of receiving the letter.

ClearPath Lending response

Please call in to speak with a licensed loan officer, thank you.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

ClearPath is a big VA lender and my husband's a veteran. They contacted us during the length of our loan to let us know, “Well, we can do this to lower your interest rate.” There's a Wesley ** that works there and he's been a godsend to us. We did a refi with a cash-out and it took us three months which was not bad with a cash-out involved. Normally, we have refied throughout the six years to lower the interest rate and that has taken a month. The attorneys come to our house and we sign. So it really works with the customers’ benefit. They're great. I can't recommend them highly enough. Don't hesitate and call ClearPath. They're not gonna lie to you or lead you on.

ClearPath Lending response

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

Their customer service reps were top-notch. This was the easiest refinance I've ever been through. There was very little that I had to provide with them as far as information. Everything was done online with a very easy-to-use application process. They communicated very well with me throughout. The fine print they had put was true to its word. So as far as the brochure itself, everything was on the up and up.

ClearPath Lending response

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

ClearPath called back where some of the other providers didn't call back with the plan. During the application process, they were precise in answering any questions I or my husband had. Everything flowed easily. The rep we spoke with called us every week to keep us updated and let us know the status of the loan and when everything should go through. If he didn't speak to me, he would send me an email saying what step the application was in. Since working with them, not having a house payment for two months was a major benefit for us.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending! Welcome to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

They have low interest rates. The application process was seamless. Everything was always handled very well. Any questions we had were always answered upfront.

ClearPath Lending response

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

I told ClearPath's rep the problems I've been having with other lenders and he took care of everything in one day while it took weeks for the other one to do that. Applying with ClearPath was easy and they were very professional. They called me to let me know what was going on and I wasn't left in the dark. I also got a really good rate and I was really satisfied with them.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending. We appreciate all your positive feedback and want to thank you for being a part of the ClearPath family!

ClearPath Lending Company Information