4.8/5 (173 ratings)

Lock in your rate

Rates are expected to jump after the next Fed meeting

Author picture
Written by Taylor Sansano
Edited by Jana Lynch

About ClearPath Lending

ClearPath Lending (NMLS #936436) is a lender offering home purchase and refinance loans. You can use the portal on its website to upload documents, see your loan info and monitor your application.

In 2020, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau penalized ClearPath Lending for inadequate disclosures and misleading and deceptive statements in its ads for VA loans. The company was ordered to pay a civil penalty.

Pros

• Specializes in refinancing VA loans
  • Loan application tracking
  • Loyalty program

Cons

• Application process isn't entirely online
  • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

While ClearPath Lending has a variety of loan options, it mostly focuses on lending to veterans. It also offers a unique loyalty program that can help you get a lower rate by refinancing. However, it has been fined for false advertising as recently as 2020.

ClearPath Lending Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending NMLS # 936436?

Original review: April 27, 2022

We did a refinance and took some equity money out, and the application process was good. It was easy to contact the people and get information, and it seemed like the process went without a lot of glitches. They were helpful in trying to get the information from us and had the electronic things set up. That made it easy with DocuSign. Also, the rep Anthony was knowledgeable and he made a real good effort to move things along quickly. He wasn't the only person we dealt with, but he was our primary contact.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for your sharing your experience with Anthony. We value your business and look forward to working with you again!

Original review: April 26, 2022

Clearpath was awesome. They're great people that will take care of you and the rate is way better than other people were trying to offer me. Helena, my loan officer, communicated with me through the process. She kept me informed of everything and let me know my options. She was also my original loan officer when I purchased my home.

ClearPath Lending response

Glad to hear that you think our team is awesome. We especially thank you for recognizing Helena and her efforts throughout the process. We value your feedback and welcome you to the ClearPath family!

Original review: April 25, 2022

ClearPath's representatives were really professional and they did a good job. I got a VA loan and the rates weren't so great, but it suited my need at the time. Overall, it was a great experience. Whenever I and my wife had questions, they were there to help us with anything that we needed.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for sharing your refinance experience working with our team. We value your business and welcome you to the Clearpath family!

Original review: April 24, 2022

Everything with ClearPath was pretty smooth. It didn't seem like it took very long. Communication was very good. Every time I needed to talk to somebody, they got right back to me and they kept me in the loop the whole time. I like the rate and terms a lot. It was a little difficult getting everything that was requested of me for the mortgage on my mobile home, but other than that, it wasn't bad. The lady showed up for the signing of all the papers, and everything went well.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for sharing your refinance experience with us. We value your business and look forward to working with you in the future!

Original review: April 23, 2022

I would recommend ClearPath especially to people who have never been through the process. Your first time is the hardest but if you're with someone that explains everything, the first time is made easier and you learn a lot. With ClearPath, there were not the surprises that there were the first time I refinanced which was like get you to the point of sending in all the information then they tell you to do this and that. That didn't happen with ClearPath. They stayed ahead. The process is made easier when you know what what's required. Being that I'm retired military, it helped me to get where I wanted to get.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for sharing your experience working us. We are so pleased to hear that you had an easy refinance process. We value your business and look forward to working with you again in the future!

Original review: April 22, 2022

The representative I worked with was excellent. I was extremely satisfied. The only thing that happened was there was one check that I thought we were gonna take care of in the payout that didn't get taken care of. But it was too little, too late and I just let it be.

ClearPath Lending response

We are so excited that you that you had an excellent experience and are satisfied with the outcome of your refinance. We value your business and welcome you to the ClearPath family!

Original review: April 18, 2022

My loan officer was great. He sat and listened to my concerns. Anytime I needed something, he had a solution, and that's important to me. I wish my monthly payments were lower, but at least I got a loan.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for your valuable feedback about your refinance process working with our team. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

Original review: April 17, 2022

This was the best experience I've had in my adult life of buying or refinancing homes. Since I am legally blind and it was afar, ClearPath explained everything. They taught me how to take photos and send it to them by cell phone, and also to get copies of insurance papers or whatever they needed. Vito was my loan officer and he was above and beyond. He was the most professional person I ever worked with. There were a lot of things that I'd never experienced on the computer and he would teach me how to do it step-by-step. He never made me feel bad about anything. He was so reassuring. It took him longer to get the funding. But I was approved within two weeks.

Vito gave me options and suggested I take some money out of my equity. He helped me tremendously. But the rates are a little high for a VA loan. We have very little income but we have a lot of expenditures. So that's why my interest is a little bit higher than most people. But Vito said he would call me back in about seven months. I'll refinance if necessary to get a better rate.

ClearPath Lending response

We are so thankful to hear that this refinance process was the best experience you have had. We truly value your business and welcome you to the ClearPath family!

Original review: April 16, 2022

ClearPath was very responsive and kept me up-to-date on the progress. I was very impressed with that and pleased with the way everything went.

ClearPath Lending response

We thank you for sharing your refinance experience working with our team. We value your business and look forward to working with you again.

Original review: April 15, 2022

They gave me a good price a couple of years ago. In my recent divorce, they called me and asked if I wanna try and see if I could lower my rate again. And I said, “Why not?” So, they gave me a deal for being a loyal member. They've been great. Their rep Quine gave me a loan processor and every other week, they'd call to update me or ask if I needed anything. I'm in the military community and they've asked how they could do a refinance. I've given them Quine's name and said, “I've had nothing but good reviews here.”

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for recognizing Quine and for your valuable feedback about your refinance process. We are happy to hear that you were able to use your Loyalty member benefits and thank you for choosing ClearPath.

Original review: April 14, 2022

ClearPath was one that was most straightforward and their process was simple. I was probably a difficult customer ‘cause I work for the military and was going to be out of the country during the process. But they kept it very easy for me. All the way from Thailand, I was able to do all my paperwork and set up the closing for when I returned. The rep was very helpful and was with me the whole step of the way. I've already recommended a couple of people to ClearPath.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for sharing your simple refinance experience working with us. We value your business and welcome you to the ClearPath family!

Original review: April 13, 2022

This was our 2nd time using ClearPath Lending and just like last time, the process was smooth and the entire team was great to work with! From our loan officer, Quine, to her processor, Hetal, to Cameron they kept in contact and kept us up to date through the entire transaction. Thanks again!

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your smooth refinance process working with Quine. We value your business and welcome you back to the ClearPath family!

Original review: April 13, 2022

The process fell behind because the inspector that came out here got sick and was bedridden real bad with it. He was three weeks behind so we fell behind on our loan by three weeks, but it still all worked out. It all came out in the wash. Also, the appraiser knew what he was doing. I walked around with him and he explained everything. Then, he went ahead and gave the thumbs up on everything.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for your feedback. We value your business and welcome you to the ClearPath family!

Original review: April 12, 2022

I’ve refinanced a couple of times and used ClearPath before. They kept in touch and put me on a good customer standing list. The girls that did the legwork got right back to me quickly and were very responsive. I'd use ClearPath again. I had a problem with them though. They couldn't get the title off the title company. We were supposed to close and it went on and on. It was supposed to take a month but it took two months longer than we had forecasted.

ClearPath Lending response

We value your feedback, especially being a Loyalty member. We are happy to hear that you had another good experience. We value your business and look forward to working with you again in the future!

Original review: April 11, 2022

The people I work with ClearPath have always been top of their game, helpful and able to get things done. I'm impressed with them. We had some issues the first time on this last go around, which was why I got pushed to so much longer than it was supposed to. But that was taken care of and they were able to work through it.

ClearPath Lending response

We are so pleased to hear that you are impressed with each transaction you have had with us. We value your business and look forward to working with you again.

Original review: April 10, 2022

It was good with the reps at ClearPath.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for sharing your experience. We value you business and welcome you to the ClearPath family!

Original review: April 8, 2022

ClearPath is a great company to work with. I look forward to working with them in my future refinancing. I would recommend anyone to use them. They are great people and easy to work with and they are quick with any questions you have.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for sharing your quick and easy experience working with us. We value your business and very much look forward to working with you again, in the future! Thank you for your recommendation and welcome to the ClearPath family!

Original review: April 8, 2022

I love ClearPath and my rep, Omar. I've had him from the beginning. He was inaccessible for a short period of time but I was able to deal with his boss who was awesome. I got frustrated with the delay because you have to do this and that and wait, but that's not anything that Omar did. Every time I called, I got a response. They're awesome people. Everyone is so personable and they put the customer first. It was almost never could I call Omar and speak with him right away. I'd have to leave a message and have him call back. But even right then, in his message, he says, "If you have not heard back from me in 24 hours, please feel free to call my boss." Not many people do that.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for sharing your experience working with Omar. Since you have worked with us several times we truly value your feedback.

Original review: April 7, 2022

Everything is time-consuming. Everybody needs certain papers. But the rep did his job very well. I liked his follow-up, easy access to him, and he would call back. When ClearPath told me what they needed, I submitted it online. Whatever they said would happen, happened. They did a great job.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for your detailed review about your experience working with our team here at ClearPath. We value your business and look forward to working with you again in the future!

Original review: April 6, 2022

I've worked with ClearPath a couple of times now and I've had no problems with them. Everything went smooth and the rep I worked with, Nick, is very good. The rep who did the closing was new and she was asking all kinds of questions and there were delays. Nick sent me a gift card because it took longer than it should. I would recommend him to anybody.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for sharing your experience as a Loyalty member. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoy a smooth process, working with Nick. We thank you for your business and welcome you again to the ClearPath family!

Original review: April 5, 2022

We refinanced last year and when we refinanced again this year, we went back. After researching all the other companies around here, we decided ClearPath was still the best. Although there were a couple of hiccups that were kind of annoying.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for choosing ClearPath again to assist you with your refinance. As a Loyalty member, we truly value your feedback and we look forward to working with you again.

Original review: April 4, 2022

The communication throughout the process was pretty good and my experience was pretty smooth. There were a couple of little hiccups, but for the most part, it was perfectly great.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for sharing your refinance experience with us. We value your feedback. We look forward to working with you in the future!

Original review: April 3, 2022

We talked a good two weeks before I made any decision and they seem to be pretty on the ball. All of the reps I spoke with were great and they impressed me. They answered all my paranoid questions and answered them within 24 hours at any time. Whenever I would send an email, they would return it within an hour or two. It's been really pleasant.

ClearPath Lending response

We are very pleased to hear about your pleasant and responsive refinance process working with our team. We value your business and look forward to working with you again in the future!

Original review: April 2, 2022

This is the fourth time I used ClearPath Lending. It seemed to work out the other times, so I just called them back. And they all use Freedom Mortgage. Everything went pretty much as planned. It was effortless. Because I've done it with them several times, they had a lot of my information already. So, that makes it easy versus starting over.

ClearPath Lending response

We really value your feedback, especially as a Loyalty member. We are so pleased to hear that even your fourth time was effortless. We appreciate your business and welcome you again to the ClearPath family!

Original review: April 1, 2022

I sent ClearPath Lending what they needed and we talked back and forth. I got the information they needed and got it sent to them. It was smooth.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for sharing your smooth refinance experience working with ClearPath. We value your business and look forward to working with you again, in the future.

Original review: March 31, 2022

ClearPath has always got me the best deal in a refinance. They keep you up to date from start to finish. They have worked with me through several finances and have always come through. They're a great company to work with.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for your feedback. We are so pleased to hear that as a Loyalty member you have had several great experiences. We value your business and welcome you again to the ClearPath family!

Original review: March 31, 2022

When I first started talking to ClearPath, I called Freedom Mortgage but they couldn't match what ClearPath gave me, even though the loan would go back to them. So, it was a good rate. It's higher than what I paid. But I rolled in dead, and now I have an affordable mortgage payment and I'm sure I'll be able to refinance at some point for a lower rate. It's my second close with ClearPath Lending. They send communications all the time. Probably too many communications. But as long as somebody communicates, I'm happy. Quinnie was the one that called me. Although, last time, I worked with a guy named Robert, and there was a guy that worked on Quinnie's team that was great. Very responsive. Had a good experience.

ClearPath Lending response

As a loyalty member we are pleased to hear about another smooth experience you had working with our team. We value your business and look forward to working with you again, in the future. Welcome back to the ClearPath family!

Original review: March 30, 2022

ClearPath Lending explained everything to me step by step. They were very considerate. They let me know what to do, how to do it, and who to go to for information. They gave me a rate that I wanted for a long time. And they really helped me out with it.

ClearPath Lending response

We are pleased to hear that you understood the process every step of the way. Thank you for sharing your refinance experience and welcome to the ClearPath family! We look forward to working with you in the future.

Original review: March 29, 2022

When I called and talked to ClearPath, they always gave me an answer and if they didn't give an answer, I'd have it within an hour or so. Also, the rep I worked with was very informative.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for sharing your experience working with our team here at ClearPath. We are thankful for your business and welcome you to the ClearPath family!

Original review: March 28, 2022

Michael ** and Christine ** made the process of refinancing my house and debt consolidation so easy I'm telling everyone about the experience. No need for more details, but if I tell friends and family about it, that says it all. Thanks for saving me and saving my house!

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for sharing your how easy Michael and Christine made your refinance process. We thank you for your valuable feedback and we hope to work with you in the future.

ClearPath Lending Company Information