2. Mortgages

4.8/5 (244 ratings)

About ClearPath Lending

ClearPath Lending offers fixed-rate and adjustable-rate home loans. Fixed-rate loans have an interest rate that never changes and are a popular option for people who plan to stay in their homes for a long time and want to lock in the interest rate. With an adjustable-rate loan, the interest rate is fixed for a short time and then fluctuates with the national rate indexes.

ClearPath Lending NMLS #936436

www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org

Pros

• Online tools to estimate loan costs
  • Work with a loan officer
  • Prequalify in 15 minutes

Cons

• Rate information not available online
  • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

ClearPath Lending is a nationwide mortgage lender that specializes in conventional and FHA loans. Borrowers are connected with individual mortgage lenders to make borrowing and refinancing easier.

ClearPath Lending Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending NMLS # 936436?

Original review: June 30, 2021

I talked to a guy named Mark and his conversation was clear and precise. I didn't feel like there was any deception. He was the one who convinced me that I should decide to use ClearPath. He always told me, “Hey, if you need an answer to a question, just give us a call.” I called him five times and he was right there Johnny-on-the-spot. He answered my questions to make me feel that much more comfortable. There was another guy who worked with Mark and he was just as great.

The application process was the best part and it was effortless. If there was any work involved, they were the ones who did it. It actually brought something of a sad situation back to my mind, and that was my ex-wife when she was killed. I had GEICO insurance, and GEICO said, “Hey, would you like us to handle it?” And I said, “Yes.” And next thing I know, they took care of everybody involved. Well, somewhat, that was like ClearPath. I said, “Hey, do your thing.” And that's just what they did. I got the best deal and everything went by the numbers. I'm trying to promote ClearPath to the veterans because they need to be aware that there is someone that will take care of business and do it right.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: June 29, 2021

ClearPath's rep did it properly. Everything worked fine.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending. We are happy to be of service to you! Thank you for being a part of the ClearPath family.

Original review: June 28, 2021

ClearPath's application process was very quick. I did have a little problem with communications, because we're going so fast, they weren't talking to me. But it came out fine. They introduced their interest rate almost immediately. And that kept my interest going. Most people don't do that.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: June 27, 2021

The rep said they were a refinancing company and explained to me that the interest rate was low. The application was very quick. I did the paperwork and I was happy that there was no inspection. The last time I refinanced, I did an inspection and at the end of the day, the finance company didn't go through with the refinance. I lost some money for the inspection, but they didn’t give me back the money.

Original review: June 26, 2021

I’ve been with ClearPath for nearly five years and I've had the same rep the whole time until he either transferred or quit. As a veteran, their process is extremely easy. Because they already have all my stuff on file, it just updates every year when I do my taxes. The process for my last house and this current house was done in less than a month.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: June 23, 2021

ClearPath is a very good company to deal with when financing or refinancing your home because they are very informative and make things very clear. We started talking to one guy, but he ended up on vacation, and then we ended up with Mr. **. He was good and honest and we felt comfortable with him. He made it very clear what we could and couldn't do. We pay once a month and we want everything on time. The money is usually deducted out of our account the first of every month. One thing though, I would normally get a copy of all the paperwork, but I don't have it.

Original review: June 22, 2021

ClearPath's rep was really patient with us. At the time, my husband was going in and out of the hospital and he said to just let them know when he was out. I called him back and we had no problem. They were very helpful.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for your review of ClearPath Lending. We are so happy to have worked with you! Welcome to the ClearPath family.

Original review: June 21, 2021

I don't blindly go out and talk to many people, so I was a little hesitant at first. But once I started talking with them, they were pretty reassuring and they got back to me quickly, within hours or a day at the most. They were one of the most efficient companies I've ever seen. They were organized and they did a really good job.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to working with you in the future!

Original review: June 20, 2021

I was really surprised at how easy and seamless the application process went. I enjoyed the loan officer. He was always there, willing to answer my questions when I had questions. He made himself available during weekends and he even laughed at my jokes. What stood out to me the most was his honesty. Everything that he said turned about and happened just as he said it would. I've refinanced a lot of loans and you'd be surprised at how much honesty there isn't out there. They'll tell you one thing, and then you'll find out two months later that that's not what it really is. But by then, it's too late to back out. I was very satisfied with ClearPath. Also, I'm very satisfied with the continuing program where they will look at the market, and if things change, they'll contact me so that we can work out a new loan process. I'm very excited about that. I feel like I'm in good hands.

ClearPath Lending response

Original review: June 19, 2021

The rep that I worked with was very kind. The application process was very long but ClearPath is good. We're doing okay with them.

ClearPath Lending response

Original review: June 18, 2021

They pretty much did what the document said. So there was no jumping through hoops and providing a million documents. I've done a few refis and this application process was pretty good. When you do a loan over the phone, you're kind of apprehensible, but it went very well. I was very surprised. It was a great experience.

ClearPath Lending response

Original review: June 17, 2021

I refinanced with ClearPath over a year ago. The rep I worked with had done better than anybody else that I know of. He got everything done. Some of these people would give you the runaround, alibis, and excuses. But my rep was fantastic. I did very little the first time I financed. The second time, he had everything on his computer so I hardly did anything. I didn't have to get the house appraised. I just told the rep what I wanted to do. And he did what he said he was gonna do. The application was the easiest with ClearPath and the whole process took less than three months. I got a 2.25, which is unheard of. I recommend ClearPath to people who want to refinance.

ClearPath Lending response

Original review: June 16, 2021

I refinanced with ClearPath as the interest rate was down and I could save a lot of money if I lock it in. That's saving thousands and thousands when that interest rate goes down, especially if you had a high rate starting off. Mine was a four-point-something and it became a 2.25. It went down quite a bit. All the process took about a month and everything went well. My loan rep was really nice and he called me all the time. He kept me on my toes about everything that was going on.

ClearPath is doing a good job. When you call and you talk to someone, these people are concerned. They were sending me everything. They said, "You need to think about what you're gonna do and how you're gonna do it." The only thing is they are supposed to send me my payment schedules but I haven't gotten that yet. It's already July. I wanted to go paperless but that was going to cost a little something so I just do the check like I've been doing.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending. We appreciate all your positive feedback and want to thank you for being a part of the ClearPath family!

Original review: June 15, 2021

ClearPath had the best deal and I got a fixed rate now. But the customer service was slow about responding and I haven't received my paperwork yet to pay my first payment.

Original review: June 14, 2021

I liked the interest rates. You save money. Also, everybody that we talked to was nice and tried to help as much as possible. Everything was done within a month or so. It was smooth. It was a good thing to do.

ClearPath Lending response

Original review: June 7, 2021

I liked the way that ClearPath Lending operated and the way it felt sincere when I talked to their reps. Everything was sounding good so, I decided to stay with them. I applied for a VA loan and accomplished what I wanted to get done.

ClearPath Lending response

Original review: June 6, 2021

ClearPath gave me the cheapest price from the beginning, then they jacked it up a couple of days later when they already told me it was locked. But it was still cheaper than what New Day wanted. The loan officer stayed in contact with me and let me know what was going on. It took about three weeks to a month, but part of that was my fault ‘cause I told him I was canceling it, and then I just thought about it. I really needed to do it so I called him back and he said he had held it to the side.

ClearPath Lending response

Original review: June 5, 2021

The application process with ClearPath was great and easy. I'm 71 years old and I did it. If my friends would want to get their house financed, they should go with ClearPath.

ClearPath Lending response

Original review: June 4, 2021

The loan officer was extremely attentive and would call us and let us know. They had put the application on hold because of the market at one point. We understood that and then they came back. Within just a few weeks, they had cleared our loan for the approval process. ClearPath seems to be more on their toes than other lending institutions that we've dealt with through the years.

ClearPath Lending response

Original review: June 3, 2021

I got the new Welcome aboard package from ClearPath Lending and I was told verbally over the phone that my new servicer is the same as the old one, which was Freedom. I received a letter from Freedom saying my mortgage is paid off and I got a check too. I got a check from whoever for the money back on the refinance. But I haven't received any paperwork stating I've been refinanced and my first payment is due. And this is how much it is for. I talked to a guy called Greg around the first of June and he said that everything was okay and to give it time. The 1st is when I normally make my payment. That way, they receive it no later than the 16th.

One time, they didn't even receive it until the 16th. I was scrambling to make the payment so it wasn't late and I managed to do that, to find out they got it on the 16th. That created hate and heartburn. They told me I could avoid this by putting them on automatic payments every month. I can't do that because I don't know when exactly the money's going to be there for them to suck it out of my account. I normally could but I was holding off on doing the automatic payments every month until the dust settled. And as of right now, this is probably going to be the last time I'm going to refinance because interest rates are going up.

In the meantime, I was getting bills from mortgage for pay-off requests at $30 a pop and they were catching on to my monthly payments. I paid one and I got a letter from them stating I owed for two more. Greg, at ClearPath, said not to worry and they would take care of that. I said okay and asked about the 30 bucks that I had to pay so far. I talked to his supervisor and he told me to tell Greg and that they would send me a card. I never got anything and that was two months ago.

At the time I talked to Greg, my concern was the paperwork I received didn't say anything about money in escrow for flood insurance. The last time I refinanced, the flood insurance got dropped off and I had to jump through hoops with Freedom to get the flood Insurance put back on for escrow. When we were initially discussing the refinancing, I expressed this concern and then I got a letter stating I no longer lived in a floodplain because my address changed.

The house didn't move but the address changed and I was informed that I was no longer in a floodplain. I ended up having to call the county and they said that according to their FEMA maps, I'm still in a floodplain. So, I got back with Greg and said that I have to have flood insurance and he has got to make sure it's part of the escrow. Because I'd rather have a smaller payment attached to my mortgage every month than having one giant bill roll in saying I owe them 500 bucks.

The only recourse I have is to make another phone call to Greg and make sure that everything's okay. And the second one is to call Freedom and ask if I have a loan with them and when it is due to make sure I get the payment to them on time. How much it is is important because the point of refinancing was to lower the payments down. I started out two and a half years ago at right around $1,300 a month. Then, it dropped. And then, it dropped again. The last one was $1,045 and this one's supposed to be less than $1,000. I hope it doesn't go more than $1,045, which is what I was paying before. If it goes above that, something's drastically wrong seeing as how I'm paying less interest. But that's neither here nor there.

ClearPath Lending response

Original review: June 2, 2021

The application process with ClearPath was all done over the phone. I called them and it was speedy. I talked to a gentleman and he set it all up. They said it was completed but I haven't gotten the paperwork so I’m still waiting on that. It should come before the first of the month.

ClearPath Lending response

Original review: June 1, 2021

The communication from ClearPath Lending was probably A1 on a scale because every question we had was answered properly, correctly and politely. They were clear in their communication, so there's no ambiguity. They did an outstanding job. The closing was done well and we had a good closing agent. The fellow came to the house like it was done before but this one was very professional and great so everything worked very well. The one we had before when we closed on the first loan was inept. We've refinanced twice before with other lenders and other properties, and this was the easiest and the smoothest. So, I would recommend ClearPath.

ClearPath Lending response

Original review: May 31, 2021

The rep was wonderful and talked nice to me. The price that he quoted me was great and the process didn’t take but a few days.

ClearPath Lending response

Original review: May 14, 2021

The application process was pretty easy. We got the email and we signed everything electronically and started back and no problem. It took between two to two and a half weeks and we ended up with great rates. It was pretty quick and the closing was done right here at the house by a very nice gentleman.

ClearPath Lending response

Original review: May 13, 2021

ClearPath talked to us and we got everything done. The people that we worked with handled every question that my husband asked.

ClearPath Lending response

Original review: May 12, 2021

Everything went smoothly with the process. The guy did everything he said he could do. Now, I still haven't heard directly from the people who are gonna carry my mortgage. But other than that, I was satisfied with ClearPath. Everything was done in a timely fashion.

ClearPath Lending response

Original review: May 11, 2021

We did our financing with ClearPath Lending when we bought our house, and then they sold it off to Carrington Mortgage, and then we just wanted to go back to them. So, we had it refinanced and ClearPath went back to us. The reps had everything lined up and places for us to sign highlighted. It had a bit of somebody else's paperwork in it, but they noticed it when they were out there we're signing. They got that taken care of and got the other part sent to us, signed and sent it back. We got it done. However, there was a lot of paperwork. We got the writer's cramp when we got done. They should shorten the paperwork. Other than that, we tried a few other companies to get it done and nobody was satisfactory as far as ClearPath. I would suggest anybody giving them a shot at it. If you had trouble in the past to get a mortgage done, which my granddaughter seems to be in the process of it, ClearPath would help you out. Just give them a call.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending! Welcome to the ClearPath family!

Original review: May 10, 2021

A guy set up the whole mortgage thing and then it was transferred to ClearPath Lending. It went through the bank but everything was handled very nicely. The guy was very nice. He always answered the telephone, which I was very amazed at. ClearPath Lending is a very nice company to do business with and you will be very satisfied if you do.

ClearPath Lending response

Original review: May 9, 2021

The process with ClearPath was all quite satisfactory. It was a little bit off-putting when initially speaking to someone and it turns out that person isn't really the one that you're going to be dealing with to move forward seriously but interactions with their reps were professional and prompt.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending! Welcome to the ClearPath family!

Original review: May 8, 2021

I liked the congeniality and an overall professional look that Brent had with my situation with my finances concerning my home. When I first met the guy, I said, “Man, what am I getting into?” But we talked 15 minutes and I was like, “This is a really down-to-earth guy.” And he had this cool cowboy laugh, and it pulled me in. He's an amazing person dealing with all the little nooks and crannies that me and him had to walk through in a couple of my finances. I know nothing about refinance whatsoever, and he walked me through the whole thing with no computer on my side. He got the paperwork to me and he did it in a happy, “Hey, we're your buddies,” kind of way, which was beneficial to me.Because of acceptance of who I am, as well as my property, I’ve stayed with that man a number of years. He has put up with all my garbage.

Even after the refinance would be completed, they would check with people on a monthly basis to make sure that their client would be comfortable, and them knowing also with no mistake that their client received everything that they were supposed to receive. Also, during and before two weeks, they could call the client involved and give them a heads-up and also let them know, whoever their home insurance is with, that they would be changing a company if that were to happen. They would also help them in mailing the money and reassuring them that with their guidance, the money would go into the proper hands.

I was a little uncomfortable with mailing that much money in my first refinance. Like, “Not only we're a great team, Clyde, but we're also really in your corner too.” If there was any other refinance company that I would deal with in the future, it would certainly be ClearPath because of my experience with the people that I have been working with in the past, as well as Nancy, because she was a beautiful young lady.

ClearPath Lending Company Information