4.9/5 (207 ratings)

About ClearPath Lending

ClearPath Lending offers fixed-rate and adjustable-rate home loans. Fixed-rate loans have an interest rate that never changes and are a popular option for people who plan to stay in their homes for a long time and want to lock in the interest rate. With an adjustable-rate loan, the interest rate is fixed for a short time and then fluctuates with the national rate indexes.

ClearPath Lending NMLS #936436

www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org

Pros

• Online tools to estimate loan costs
  • Work with a loan officer
  • Prequalify in 15 minutes

Cons

• Rate information not available online
  • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

ClearPath Lending is a nationwide mortgage lender that specializes in conventional and FHA loans. Borrowers are connected with individual mortgage lenders to make borrowing and refinancing easier.

ClearPath Lending Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending NMLS # 936436?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

The interest rate was better than what we were paying before. Working with the reps was painless and the application was as easy as it can get. My rep was really understanding. had a water pipe burst and had to stop everything and he helped us. He also helped start the loan back up as soon as we had all repairs done, and it was done a week later. ClearPath has done a good job. I would send friends and family there to refinance.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to working with you in the future!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

This was the easiest application I've ever done. The rep did his job rather quickly. I've never had a loan move so fast in my 76 years. But I still haven't gotten the package I'm supposed to get from them. I have no information on where the mortgage is going to be paid to. Other than that, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending. We appreciate all your positive feedback and want to thank you for being a part of the ClearPath family!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2021

Everybody I worked with was very communicative and real easy to work with. The whole process from start to finish was not very long. It only took less than a month. Everything was great.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for your review of ClearPath Lending. We are so happy to have worked with you! Welcome to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

They called on a daily basis, keeping me abreast of what was going on. I was really impressed with it. They were so helpful. Nicholas was so informative and hands-on. There was never a doubt as to what was happening.

ClearPath Lending response

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

The process with ClearPath took a long time and I spoke with Nathan, the representative who was helping us, but it wasn't his fault. He had great customer service and it was the same with the lending department. It was just we couldn't find an appraiser in the area. I almost gave up twice but we hung in there. We were patient and waited till it finally came through. Normally, it doesn't take that long. ClearPath has been more than helpful. It's just we were getting impatient towards the end because my son’s refinance took three weeks at the most and ours took four months. But overall, we're pleased with the service.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for being patient and working with ClearPath Lending! We are so happy to have worked with you. Welcome to the ClearPath family.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

I've used ClearPath before, so that was why I used them again. My experience was quick and easy. I engaged them to refinance my house. I contacted them and let them know what I wanted to do. They sent me to the right people to talk to, and then I explained to them what I wanted to do. They explained to me what I needed to do, and I did those things. The loan officer, Ankur, was excellent. He's very friendly. If I had to have him call me at a certain time, he made sure that he was accessible all the time. So, that made it very easy. I just texted him and then he responded in kind in text. He’s free over weekends too. Working with ClearPath saved me money and it was easy to do.

ClearPath Lending response

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

The guy from ClearPath who helps me does a good job. I’ve used the same guy every time I’ve done a loan. He’s polite, thorough and always gets back to you. Every time that I've done the loan, I've kept his number in my phone and I call him directly. He has been absolutely great in every way. It seems like nowadays, with everything going on, there's not a lot of customer service but he's phenomenal. The gal who collected fees was excellent. I've done three loans within three years with ClearPath and they expedite it. They paid for my appraisal and I was able to get my PMI off this time so, that was good. It saved me a couple of hundred dollars a month.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending. We are happy to be of service to you! Thank you for being a part of the ClearPath family.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

The process through ClearPath was real easy and the new rate and terms of my loan are really low. Also, I didn't have to pay mortgage for a couple of months and then dropped the payment so it was nice.

ClearPath Lending response

Original review: Nov. 14, 2021

It was good working with ClearPath's reps, except I had some problems with my old finance company right in the middle of all this. But ClearPath has done great so far.

ClearPath Lending response

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

Joe was our ClearPath lending officer. He was very knowledgeable. He gave us a better understanding of the loan and he was really kind. The application process was fast. He asked me to send a picture of the letter we got from them through phone. I asked him why and he said that they don't send those letters to everybody, so he needed a copy of it. It was a letter stating that we got this and that through the loan. If I had questions, I just call back and Joe answered. Our first payment is going to be due in December and they said we're going to get a letter and we still haven't gotten a letter. So, I called Joe and he said if I don't get it by the 20th, I should give him a call, and he'll see into it. So, that was good to know. Overall, ClearPath gave us a better rate. I am gonna save $100 a month at most. If people will ask me, I would tell them to give ClearPath a call.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending! Welcome to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

I was really happy with ClearPath. I refinanced and they did a super job. They got me down to 1.75.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending. We appreciate all of your positive feedback and want to welcome you to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

The rep was very courteous, patient, and honest. He answered all the questions that I was curious about as well as explained everything to me. I appreciated that. The process took 30 minutes and it was easy. ClearPath Lending was great, and I was very comfortable with them. They came here and I talked with them and I like everything about them, including how they were very professional. They explained things to me very clearly and went over and over. I asked the same questions six times and they still wouldn't get mad about it. I give them A+. It's a good program that they have and I would tell anybody this is the program to go with.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for your review of ClearPath Lending. We are so happy to have worked with you! Welcome to the ClearPath family.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

We started with ClearPath in September and we closed around the middle of October. I was satisfied with their customer service throughout the process.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending! Welcome to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

We refinanced, and the rep was extremely helpful. The process only took a couple of weeks.

ClearPath Lending response

Original review: Nov. 7, 2021

ClearPath Lending is a great organization that made it easy to work through things. They were very responsive, and that was the biggest important thing that I appreciated. When I called, they answered. There was a person. Also, it only took a month and a half total to get my VA type of application approved and it was smooth.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending! Welcome to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

ClearPath made refinancing very simple, and the rep was very helpful as well. I'm very satisfied with my experience and I don't plan to switch anytime soon. That's how good the deal I got is. If anything, I recommend for other people to do it.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending! Welcome to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

Our loan experience with ClearPath Lending was very good. It was probably the quickest and easiest we've done. During the application process, I didn't have to do anything else besides the simple things. I didn't get asked millions of times for documents. Our loan officer was good, very communicative, and he answered all my questions pretty promptly. His name was Mark and he was very easygoing and he listened. I would tell others to go with ClearPath. They get the job done.

ClearPath Lending response

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

ClearPath's reps were pretty upfront and straightforward about the process. The only issue I had is that when we started the process, they said the closing date would be early September but it did not close until October. They told us to not pay our September house payment so we did not but our lender's collections department called us up and told us to make payment. We got ahold of ClearPath and they told us we better pay that off so we did. Other than that, people were honest and pleasant to talk to. I had no problem.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending! Welcome to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

Since it was an IRRR Loan, the process didn't take a lot of paperwork that I had to run around and get. The individual I dealt with said it would take three weeks, and that's approximately what it took. I was satisfied with that. The only issue I have is that ClearPath offers these incredible rates, 1.75, which is what motivated me to refinance, then when you get into the minutiae of this, “The 1.75 is not available to you, sir, because you don't have an 800 credit score.” It’s a shame that they do that upfront. They should explain that to the customer right in the beginning, “If you have an 800 credit score, then we can give you this. We can offer you this type of loan.” They don't do that, and that's a little disingenuous. It’s not just ClearPath though. I would imagine this happens with other companies as well.

Once people make a call, they don't stop getting phone calls, emails, or junk mail. Rather than put people through all that, ClearPath should be upfront in their advertisement so that people know what they're getting into before they make a call. I was already looking to refi. My interest rate wasn't terrible (it was 5%), but because of the way the rates are now, it was worth the refi even though I didn't get the 1.75. Getting that 1.75 would have really helped out, and I don't know why they couldn't offer that rate with someone who has a credit score like mine. My credit score was 760 at the time and it’s way above the national average.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending! Welcome to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

My experience was simple and quick. Everything went smoothly. And any little issues that arrived, ClearPath resolved it quickly. I’d recommend them.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending! Welcome to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

ClearPath was very conscientious. The rep was very communicative and made sure that I was aware of everything that was going on and every step of the process. Working with them was excellent. I did this once before and it was better to work with them than it was the first time I did it. I would highly recommend them. If the savings and interest is mathematically in your favor, do it.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending! Welcome to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2021

I received something in the mail and with a lower rate. I proceeded with that. And ClearPath was professional, very helpful and friendly. I did the sign in online.

They made sure that I was informed about everything that was going on. And they would email me and let me know. They would call me also. What they are doing is a great asset to the company. And everything went smooth. Thanks to Joe and Karen for all that they have done to help me through this process.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

ClearPath was the easiest to deal with. All of my stuff is already on file, so the application process is very easy now. They've been top-notch. I had a pleasant experience, and it's more likely I'm going to deal with them again.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

Steven, the loan officer that I had, was fantastic and would always take my calls. No matter what the time was, he called me back.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

ClearPath's rep was very personable and knowledgeable. He answered my questions before I could ask them. He laid it out. That was one of the best representations I've got in my loan experiences. It was so quic and painless. He did his job. He did what he said he would do from the first call to the last one. And he’s a good guy. He deserves a good rating.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

I did a refi and it went very quick and no issues. There was good communication.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

The rep was good and quick, and always responsive to my emails and calls.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

Refinancing my house through ClearPath was a very good experience. All got done within a month and a half and I like the new rates. It saved me some money.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

I had great access to the person who assisted us with the loan. I even had some questions since we completed the loan and I was able to get responses back right away. My taxes are my biggest worry because in the past, one of my tax quarters got missed. So, I ended up having to double-pay my taxes. We went back and tried to figure it out and never got it figured out. But this time, everything went okay. I'm going to call today and confirm that they were paid because they should have moved over to the new escrow and make sure that I'm not missing anything. ClearPath was very professional, accessible and everything went smoothly.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending! Welcome to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

We refinanced with ClearPath and got a lower rate. The rep did a good job. The application process was quick and easy and we got great terms. We'll continue with them. They've been great.

ClearPath Lending Company Information