4.9/5 (208 ratings)

About ClearPath Lending

ClearPath Lending offers fixed-rate and adjustable-rate home loans. Fixed-rate loans have an interest rate that never changes and are a popular option for people who plan to stay in their homes for a long time and want to lock in the interest rate. With an adjustable-rate loan, the interest rate is fixed for a short time and then fluctuates with the national rate indexes.

ClearPath Lending NMLS #936436

www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org

Pros

• Online tools to estimate loan costs
  • Work with a loan officer
  • Prequalify in 15 minutes

Cons

• Rate information not available online
  • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

ClearPath Lending is a nationwide mortgage lender that specializes in conventional and FHA loans. Borrowers are connected with individual mortgage lenders to make borrowing and refinancing easier.

ClearPath Lending Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending NMLS # 936436?

Original review: March 12, 2022

Amazing people, easy to work with and always honest. We are so happy knowing Clearpath has our backs. This is our second time working on a loan with Clearpath and both times we always felt comfortable. I know that anytime I do not feel comfy, I cancel the deal. With Clearpath I am happy to say, second time and going.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for sharing the details of your second experience working with our team. We are pleased to hear as a Loyalty member, you had the same comfortable experience as the first. We value your business and welcome you again to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

Dominic, the rep I worked with, was good. The application process was easy then at the end, there was somebody that came to the house and had me sign all the paperwork. I’ll recommend ClearPath Lending.

ClearPath Lending response

We are pleased to hear you are impressed with the experience you had working with Nathan. We thank you for your valuable feedback and welcome you to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

The rep did what he said he was going to do, and he was excellent. The process went smooth too.

ClearPath Lending response

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

I talked to ClearPath Lending over a six-month period, and Nathan, the gentleman I worked with, was first class. He broke everything down and provided specific details. He was incredible and whoever is at the C suite level of ClearPath needs to know who he is because he's that good. I was very impressed. Also, the financial application was smooth, but the lien slowed things down.

The house was new and we had a couple of liens to build a fence and a pool installation. I also had solar panels, which were taken care of. All these things have county liens that I didn't know about and it would have been good if ClearPath would have initially asked a pre-qualifying question to say, "Hey, do you have any outstanding construction-related events, things that you're doing that could inhibit the ability to get your loan?" Or they could have said, "Hey, do you have any liens against your home?" I would inject that in the initial conversation to see if ClearPath can help get over that because other homeowners might run into the same issue.

Because we were putting a fence in, the county that I live in had a lien against my home and I couldn't go forward with the application process until that lien was lifted, i.e. the fence was paid. With my pool loan, I was at the end of my pool construction and I only had a bit left to pay. I expedited my need to pay off the pool a month early. If that didn't occur or if I was halfway through the process, I couldn't have refinanced, and I didn't know that. I would have been really upset that I would have gone through all this process and they're like, "Oh, you've got a lien because of your pool. Sorry, we can't do it unless you pay your pool off." Apart from that, I'd strongly encourage people to go through ClearPath.

ClearPath Lending response

We appreciate your feedback and welcome you to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

ClearPath Lending kept in contact, since it was a long-drawn-out process. They checked in by email often and made it as pain free as it could be. The entire experience was easier than I imagined it would be from start to finish and they were all super great, professional and helpful. I would recommend them to anybody.

ClearPath Lending response

We are pleased to hear you had a good experience working with our team. We appreciate your recommendation and welcome you to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

Everything was good. The refinance process was done by phone or online, and it went smoothly.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for your valuable feedback and welcome to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

Everything went really smoothly. Their application process was very professional. It couldn't have been better. My rep Joe always returned my calls. He kept me up to date on every move. His assistant was professional also. I never had to wait to talk to him.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending! Welcome to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

I was impressed with ClearPath Lending seeming to be honest, which they were, and helping me out, saying things like, "If you need me, call me with no problem.” They were super people, they knew their jobs and everything worked out great. It was easy to the point where I could understand everything. Plus the process was good for the people that own the homes and refinancing. I had two loan officers and they were very educated and everything worked out fine. They were upfront and made me feel comfortable. They made sure they gave me all the information that I needed to know. So overall, it's an A. I appreciate everything that ClearPath did for me, and I would recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

Having refinanced a mortgage seven or eight times I have to say that this was, by far, the easiest, hassle free refinance ever! There was much less paperwork than I have previously experienced. I got the rate advertised and we even closed a few days earlier than scheduled. Unfortunately, having obtained such a great interest rate, I’m sorry to say that I will probably not have the pleasure of working with ClearPath again.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

The loan process was quick and easy. It took a week, and the rate was low.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

ClearPath Lending took over everything. The rep gave me step-by-step on where we were at. And he followed up every time they completed a milestone. He would call me, “Hey, this just went through. We're just waiting on this now.” And he would say, “I'll keep you posted.” That was cool because I was made aware where we were at. And he let me know that it's not just another guy checking a box. He actually took care of my project. It was seamless. Also, the rates were low. I would use ClearPath again.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending! Welcome to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2022

ClearPath Lending was there for me. I had a question, I called, they would answer it. They worked with me and they were patient. My experience was easy, fast and good.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending! Welcome to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2022

I preferred ClearPath over the other company I checked because of the way they broke things down and didn't really sugarcoat it. They told me what is available to me and how we can go about it. I worked with Travis and he's a straight shooter. Also, he was timely with getting us the document knowing that I pretty much had a busy schedule and he didn’t rush through everything. If anybody I know is gonna go through the same process as I was, I would have them work with Travis.

Resolution response: Jan. 7, 2022

Updated from a 1 to a 3 because the company addressed the issue, but I was already closing on a new loan with a different vendor so that could not be "fixed". ClearPath quickly and decisively resolve my concern. As I noted in my original post, they are very well reviewed in several places, so I did not expect the issue I had. Based on ClearPath's response, I would try them again and RECOMMEND you try them also.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2022

I got a mailer in December (actually every month last year) from ClearPath Lending with a promised 1.75% refinance rate (VA loan). I called, and talked to Ciara ** who sounded very professional and helpful. Between her approach and the number of good ratings online about ClearPath, I thought I'd be going with them for sure. But she never called back with the quote, nor responded to my email or voicemail trying to find out what was happening. My loan is super-easy--50% property equity, great credit score and income, VA IRRL program with no appraisal or inspections needed. I'll be closing on my refi with another company, Allegiance Home Lending, next week in under two weeks, that's how easy this was. I get more mailings from them than any other lender, but when it came time to deliver, they were no help at all. Make sure you are working with other lenders to have a backup plan.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2022

The lending process was easy and streamlined. I didn't have to go out and do much. They sent every note to my house.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending! Welcome to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

I used ClearPath before and I enjoyed the experience I had. This time, they had certain fees that were waived for returning customers, and like last time, things went smoothly. They answered all my questions along the way, and it has worked out just the way I wanted to and about the timeframe I was looking at. The rate was higher than I wanted, but because it's a cash-out refinance, I understood that. It's also temporary ‘cause I'm going to do a VA streamline refinance towards the end of the year and lower the rate. For all the debt I had, it's good. It worked out very well.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

The process was good, and the reps explained everything. They also sent me the packet in the mail with all the information, and I got it.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

I experienced all the perks of using ClearPath. They were prompt and they explained everything in detail. They went above and beyond to make me knowledgeable about the loan. Also, someone always kept in contact with me about how the loan was being processed. I knew every step that went towards getting it approved and everything was done in a timely manner. I have had a few loans, but with this one, everything was simple. If I had to use ClearPath again or refer them to anybody, I would because they did everything.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

I wanted some info about the process and the guy I worked with was not pushy at all. I appreciated that. The guy was super nice and just told me my options. Once I decided, "Yeah, let's go forward," then we dug in a little more and it was the easiest process ever. I would do it again in a heartbeat. I got a decent interest rate when I first bought the house, but I have a VA loan and my credit was greater than I thought it was. I qualified for the 1.75 and that was very unheard of. It was something I couldn't pass up.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2021

I had no problems during the application process. I talked to a gentleman and he didn't lie to me like some of the others. He told me straight up what it was gonna be like and I understood what he was talking about. He said about how long it would take and I went along with it because he was right. Also, he kept in touch with me and called me every two or three days telling me everything was okay.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2021

The gentleman I worked with, Ben, was super knowledgeable and made everything work. He was the account executive that I initially spoke with. He was on top of all the things, knew the process, and immediately coached and educated us on it. He was up front on all of it. He also got us a better rate than I saw in some other areas. There was a 2.75, and he got us to 2.25, which was good. We make our first payment in February.

My friend connected me with somebody else, and he's got a better rate, but the most important thing was Ben had a better process and education of what was going on. He was a consummate account executive. He outlined a lot of what was gonna happen and how to put it together, and anytime we had a question, he was on it even late in the day. I liked working with him. Everybody I spoke with at ClearPath was helpful as well. If you called, you got directed to answers right away, whether it's emails or phone calls. Everything from end to end was really good, and it's straight up good business practice as well as great selling and information.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: Dec. 25, 2021

I was getting a bunch of letters in the mail to go over refinancing for my mortgage and ClearPath gave the best option among the offers. Their rep called me and we talked for two days. I gave him everything that he was going to need in order to resubmit a new offer. As soon as it got approved or he got a callback, he called me back. We were able to set it up and I didn't have to do anything. He called me once or twice a week to keep me updated on the status when it was submitted, approved, and then the old mortgage was paid off. Now we got this new one set up. It was extremely easy.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2021

The rep who helped me was very fine and the communication was very good. They stayed in contact with me, stayed right on top of everything, and they were very energetic. I was pleased to work with them.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

The rep I worked with stayed in constant contact. When there was a problem, he contacted me right away and let me know. We were able to text message and email back and forth. That's how we signed the documents. The online process was very easy and very smooth and they were responsive. Then, the fellow came from the title company right to the house here and we signed the papers.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

The rep was very professional, nice and did a great job. The rates were the best I got, and the loan processing and closing was very good. It was the smoothest one I ever did, and it was the shortest amount of time. I would definitely tell my friends about ClearPath if they ask me.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

The rep I worked with was very polite and was very quick doing everything. I've been through ClearPath's refinance a few times before and it was very satisfactory and everything went smooth. The communication by phone call and email was great too. Overall, ClearPath came through on everything, and everybody that was involved contacted me. It was an enjoyable experience. It wasn't a struggle and a battle like some of the refinance companies.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

I've been shopping around and I didn't like any of the other companies that I was dealing with. The rep from ClearPath called me and it was the best deal I've had. I didn't want my payments to be high. It was lower like I wanted. I appreciate everything he did for me. It's just that I haven't gotten a letter or the bill to make my first payment in January yet. But I'm happy and pleased with how ClearPath helped me.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to working with you in the future!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

Communication was great, and the people were wonderful to work with. They called at least every other day and kept us updated, and they even sent someone to our house for the signing. We never had to leave the house.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

ClearPath's application process is a lot simpler than some of the others. I was familiar with the paperwork. If we could get the lawyers out of the business, it would be okay. But ClearPath doesn't do that. Their customer service gave me everything I needed to know, except for a statement for the first month's payment. I get a little nervous when it gets past the 15th of the month. I wish they could get somebody to get me the statement here before it is due so that I could get the payment in the mail.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2021

It's good that the process was as fast as my loan officer said it was gonna be. So, I'm well pleased about it. My loan officer was very helpful and he always contacted me. In every process, he updated me to where my paper was or if anything else was needed to be done. He was always informative in everything. I liked what ClearPath said the rate was gonna be and what I was expecting. I'm satisfied.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending. We appreciate all your positive feedback and want to thank you for being a part of the ClearPath family!

ClearPath Lending Company Information