2. Mortgages

4.8/5 (244 ratings)

About ClearPath Lending

ClearPath Lending offers fixed-rate and adjustable-rate home loans. Fixed-rate loans have an interest rate that never changes and are a popular option for people who plan to stay in their homes for a long time and want to lock in the interest rate. With an adjustable-rate loan, the interest rate is fixed for a short time and then fluctuates with the national rate indexes.

ClearPath Lending NMLS #936436

www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org

Pros

• Online tools to estimate loan costs
  • Work with a loan officer
  • Prequalify in 15 minutes

Cons

• Rate information not available online
  • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

ClearPath Lending is a nationwide mortgage lender that specializes in conventional and FHA loans. Borrowers are connected with individual mortgage lenders to make borrowing and refinancing easier.

ClearPath Lending Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending NMLS # 936436?

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

When I had questions, the guy that I dealt with was amazing. His name was Mark and he was patient and understanding. He went over stuff with me and verified everything. I called him one time at 8 in the evening and he still answered and he was able to sit and walk me through what I was looking at. He explained stuff to me to a T because I didn't know much about refinancing in the first place. My husband did his own research as well and everything that Mark had told us was correct. Any question I had, even if it was something that he wasn't sure on 100% because of it being a veteran loan, he looked it up and was able to call me back. Then he offered to send me some information in an email. So, that way, I could look it up a little bit more. I was really happy with ClearPath. I love the rate that I got because it went down almost 4%.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

The application process was done all over the telephone, and it took just a few minutes. It was very easy. I was scared to death to get into it to start with but it was made very simple for me. So I’m very satisfied. I've dealt with three reps and they've all been very knowledgeable. They understood my reasoning behind my wanting to do this. Also, I immediately got a response when I called either Ben or Steff.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

The application process was very good and quite streamlined. They met all the timelines that they said they were going to. The real estate industry right now is very, very busy and they're probably overwhelmed. But they did an excellent job. My experience went smoothly. I'm glad it all worked out good for everybody.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

ClearPath is wonderful, and I felt comfortable with the first guy, Anthony, and then Cindy was very helpful. I had a good feeling about them. I got myself out of bankruptcy and things for me were hectic. Things were changing, and new stuff kept coming up because of what I had been through. With ClearPath, I got a lower interest rate and a lower monthly payment for my mortgage. I got a new start, and I don't have to worry about somebody coming and saying, "This happened. We're going to have to do this and do that."

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

Working with ClearPath Lending was nice. The rep took his time, did a beautiful job and got us through. The only one problem was when we got to make a payment, but it wasn't his fault. It was hard to get through to that line, but finally, everything worked out. I got my payment plan set up and everything is okay. The process took two and a half months, which was normal, and we were satisfied. The payments have dropped a lot, and that's like a blessing. We're on a fixed income. Also, this is through the VA, so we shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

The professional that was behind the process was very good at what they did. It took a couple of months from start to finish, and the rep coached me through everything. My experience was positive, and I'm satisfied with the mortgage terms and rate.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

I spoke with a gentleman who was very friendly. We hit it off so I decided to go with ClearPath. They are a very good company and everything went pretty smoothly.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

ClearPath was good compared to others, and their application process was great. I went with a 30-year fixed loan and I got 1.75 on my rate.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

The rep was good, and my application went smooth. It was all in all a good experience, and I'm happy with my new rate and terms.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2021

The customer service from the rep I worked with was great all the way around and they stayed right on the timeframe they gave me, maybe a little bit under. For the notary, they made an arrangement that's convenient for us and the rep showed up right on time. Everything went smooth.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

I worked with Larry and the rate I got for the refinance was 2.2%. My house note is less than what I paid for when I rented a townhouse. I've got a beautiful home. I was telling some of the other guys in my office that refinancing is not a bad idea. It takes a while to recoup what it costs you to refi. But in the end when you're gone and somebody is making your house note for you, it's a lot easier to pay $1,400 than to pay $1,700.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

My experience with ClearPath was rough. They sent somebody here to fill out the forms and the witness, but I didn’t have much communication with them. There’s one guy, Ned, that I worked with for a while then they switched off to somebody else. I also wanted to get the lowest rate that I could possibly get for my refinance, but I didn’t get it. All I got for a while was mystery, and I had to find out what was going on. I spoke to several reps and they told me they sold my mortgage to someone else. They said it's customary to sell mortgages in this business. Now, I'm working with somebody else from a different company.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

I've been working with ClearPath Lending for a couple of years now. I went through the VA and one of ClearPath's representatives, Michael, processed the loan for me. He gave me the information and the rate to lock it in. He said the rate was 2.25 and they were much cheaper. At that time, I already had loanDepot's data, and when we compared their data with ClearPath's, loanDepot was very expensive.

Recently, I had some escrow coming. My loan officer told me what my escrow was and that's what I should be getting. However, the escrow that was supposed to come to me was taken and moved forward to the new loan because my last mortgage company, Freedom Mortgage, took the new loan again from ClearPath. The loan was paid off June 2nd. I'm still waiting for my escrow and it's been way over the ETA.

My loan officer does what I ask him to. My only gripe is that when I run into a problem (like trying to get my escrow from this last situation and I wasn't hearing from the mortgage company), I would try to contact him and sometimes he’s there, but sometimes he’s not. I then call the operator and they say, “He's out for right now. Just leave a message,” or I leave a message and he calls me back. By that time though, the assistant has answered my questions.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

My loan officer was chill and laid back and communication was great. It was a quick process, too. I gave them my ID once and they also needed to forward the paperwork (a lady came to do the paperwork). I was informed of everything via either email, text, or straight up phone call. I would suggest ClearPath Lending ​to people. I had a great experience. I did comparisons beforehand, and that's what made me go with them. Before, I was paying $200 more on interest than I was principal and that always bothered me. With ClearPath, I'm paying $150 more on principal than I am interest. They also gave me the rates, like, “This loan is gonna make you pay off your house this much quicker,” and that was something cool.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to working with you in the future!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

ClearPath Lending gave me the lowest percentage and the lady that brought the application did great. I’d tell people to go with them. I brought my sister to them.

ClearPath Lending response

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

We've had a ClearPath loan for the last three years, and we just did a refinance. We got to ClearPath through NewDay USA that assigned it to them. I've had at least two ClearPath teams, ‘cause we've changed the interest rate twice, and it has been without fault anywhere. We had a couple of little hiccups, but other than that, the staff has been great.

I'd recommend ClearPath to just about any other person. The only negative from ClearPath was that we also continued to get letters announcing that interest rates were going down. We were working with a team, so the first few times that happened, we thought, “Okay, is this part of the system?” I finally figured out it was just a regular marketing system and they were handwritten notes from their staff.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending! We apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced. Please contact donotmail@clearpathlending.com directly with your full name and address to ensure that you are removed from our mailing list. Please keep in mind it may take up to 4-6 weeks to process. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

I was doing a refi, and ClearPath got me a low percentage. We did the application online and it was easy. The rep was very professional and upfront in the questions he asked, and I gave him the answers, and he was satisfied. ClearPath's reps answered any questions I had. They are very polite and courteous people and they take care of business. They do a very good job.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending! Welcome to the ClearPath family!

Original review: July 31, 2021

ClearPath was great. They offered the best interest rate, and the rep was good. Everything went smooth.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending! Welcome to the ClearPath family!

Original review: July 30, 2021

I got a better rate on the refinance. My experience went well. It was quick. We got it done, and it was over. And we’re making payments.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending! Welcome to the ClearPath family!

Original review: July 29, 2021

A gal came out and we signed all the papers. She notarized them but there was one piece of paper that was not there. Another notary came yesterday and we had to do that paper. On the whole, everything went well with CleaPath and we were very happy. The rates and terms were great.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending! Welcome to the ClearPath family!

Original review: July 28, 2021

I used ClearPath in the past. It was simple and it seemed like they understood the VA aspects of things. I used them again and I got a great rep. Overall, the experience was easy and fast. It was a no-brainer and they got things done.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending! Welcome to the ClearPath family!

Original review: July 27, 2021

I got a letter in the mail offering me a lower interest rate. I started a VA loan with ClearPath and the process went smoothly. It was easy up to the closing, although the closing part took over an hour because there were so many documents to sign. Also, a lady came to my house for the closing. I'm semi-invalid so I couldn't ask for anything better than that. The experience overall was simple.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending! Welcome to the ClearPath family!

Original review: July 24, 2021

Dominic took the lead to organize all facets of the loan process making it as stress free as possible in this fast paced real estate market using good common sense combined with total professionalism.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: July 20, 2021

ClearPath Lending has been really great. I set up automatic payments and when the interest rates go low enough where it's gonna save me some money, they notify me right away. Anything that I don't know, I ask them and they answer all my questions. Even when you're going through the loan process, they call and tell you what's going on and that they'll get back to you in a few days when this comes in. They're true to their word. The rep I worked with was Mark and he was really friendly. He was knowledgeable and knew his business and the best way for your money to go, what would save you the most money in the long run.

For this one, for the refinance, because we had just refinanced before, I didn't have to have an appraisal and I didn't have to get any proof of income because it was still new enough. We live in Ohio and he was in California and he just emailed me the paperwork to sign to start the process and I emailed it back signed. Then, they had the notary come right to the house to sign the papers at the end of it. It was easy-peasy and over within just a couple of weeks.

Original review: July 14, 2021

I received many flyers from different companies but the one from Clearpath stood out because of the lower rate offered. The refinance went very fast and three weeks later it was completed. We are very happy with the 1.75% rate and the attention by everyone we associated with during this transaction.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: July 11, 2021

I love the personability that I had with ClearPath's rep, Nathan. He made the process super simple for me. He had me text information to the business phone, things like photos. He made it really fast, kept me up to date on everything almost daily, and made it super quick and easy for me, which I really appreciated. The process took a little longer than the weeks that we anticipated but that's understandable and I'm used to it taking time when you finance. I got a wonderful interest rate this month, so I'm super happy. I've already spoken to a few of my other friends and told them they're going to wanna check out ClearPath, which is something I rarely do.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: July 7, 2021

The application process at ClearPath was good. The gentleman that was helping me, Mike, was very professional and he stayed abreast on whatever I needed to do. He made sure that I got the paperwork here and made it really easy for me to get it back to him. He was really good.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: July 6, 2021

The application process with ClearPath was better than before and it was a lot less stressful because they have all my paperwork from when I refinanced in the past with them. They called me out of the blue and we talked and decided to do it. I used the same person and he was very good to get back to my questions and contacting me, and it made it easy. But the person they sent over to my house for my wife and I to sign all the documents told me as she left that we wouldn't have to make two of the monthly payments. But it turned out, we only had one month that we do not have to pay. Still, working with ClearPath was a very good experience.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: July 5, 2021

I've worked with ClearPath before. Then, ClearPath has a loyalty program so they notified me and I qualified for a reduction in my interest rate and asked if I wanted to refi again. We went over some details and numbers and I got the process going. It was a very good and smooth experience with ClearPath. They had a missing document, but they made an effort and they found it with the Recorder of Deeds. This was something that was left out during my last refi because I told them there was no way I can find something like that, especially during this time of the year. We're all still recovering from that worldwide pandemic.

The second time was even faster. There was one problem though and that was with the closer. The notary texted me the night before saying that I needed two government IDs. I told her I'm retired, so I don't have two government IDs, but one state ID. She said I could use a Social Security card, but I would have to make a photocopy of it. Who carries their Social Security card around? I don't. I know I have one, but trying to find it at the last moment was not going to be possible. So, I texted her back after a few hours and told her, "It's not going to be possible, so don't waste your time. We'll just have to cancel. Until I can find that, we'll have to reschedule." She texted me back saying, "No worries." I took it for granted that she meant, "Okay, we'll go ahead and cancel." She showed up anyway but I wasn't home. She called ClearPath and told them that I wasn't there for the appointment.

Nathan, the rep of ClearPath, texted me, "We have seen you refuse to sign the documents with the notary. What is the concern?" I was just blown away with it. He said, "We sent you your closing documents prior to you signing with the notary. My team and I were working on getting you a rapid and smooth closing. What'd you do? The loan is now suspended. We had your rate locked in. I wouldn't see why you want to cancel all of this so suddenly. Please give me a call ASAP so we can get this resolved."

She didn't tell them. I called Nathan right away and told him, "There's another side to this story here." If she meant, "No worries," about the second ID, then she should have clearly stated that. We rescheduled for a day later with Nathan and I just dropped everything and I found that Social Security card and I made a photocopy and brought it. Two days later, we resolved it. That was the only issue, but the problem wasn't with ClearPath or Nathan, it was with this notary.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: July 1, 2021

90% of my initial experience with ClearPath was good. Some of the initial communication was a little confusing, talking to someone on the phone. But we got it squared away. Once I got it going, everything was pretty straightforward and without any problems to speak of.

ClearPath Lending Company Information