4.8/5 (173 ratings)

Lock in your rate

Rates are expected to jump after the next Fed meeting

Author picture
Written by Taylor Sansano
Edited by Jana Lynch

About ClearPath Lending

ClearPath Lending (NMLS #936436) is a lender offering home purchase and refinance loans. You can use the portal on its website to upload documents, see your loan info and monitor your application.

In 2020, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau penalized ClearPath Lending for inadequate disclosures and misleading and deceptive statements in its ads for VA loans. The company was ordered to pay a civil penalty.

Pros

• Specializes in refinancing VA loans
  • Loan application tracking
  • Loyalty program

Cons

• Application process isn't entirely online
  • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

While ClearPath Lending has a variety of loan options, it mostly focuses on lending to veterans. It also offers a unique loyalty program that can help you get a lower rate by refinancing. However, it has been fined for false advertising as recently as 2020.

ClearPath Lending Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending NMLS # 936436?

Original review: July 2, 2022

Working with ClearPath was good, and this is my second time with them. The process was pretty quick and easy, and they kept in touch with me every step of the way. I'd tell friends to go for it.

ClearPath Lending response

We are pleased to hear, as a loyalty member, you have had another quick and easy experience. Thank you for the recommendation of our services and welcome to the ClerPath family!

Original review: July 1, 2022

The reps were very accommodating. They knew it was urgent for us to get the refinance and we were taken care of very well. ClearPath Lending is very good. I'm a repeat applicant for four times.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the ClearPath family!

Original review: June 30, 2022

I completed everything with the refi, and it was seamless. It was also quicker than I thought it would take, and the communication was good. I had ClearPath previously through the first mortgage when I moved here to Ave Maria, and I don't mind the new rate and terms because most of my debt was paid off, like my cars. It's a higher rate than what I had before, but I've had my money freed up. So, I'm paying lower now with everything. ClearPath is a good company, and I would, in the future, work with them again.

ClearPath Lending response

We thank you for sharing you recent refinance experience with us. We value your business and look forward to working with you in the future!

Original review: June 29, 2022

The reps seemed to be quite quick, relative to people I dealt with in the past, and I was satisfied with the rate and terms. I knew the rates were moving up. All in all, ClearPath did a good job for me.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the ClearPath family!

Original review: June 23, 2022

I had a wonderful experience working with ClearPath. They were a great team. I definitely would recommend them. I worked with them before, and they were very VA-friendly. So, I prefer to work with them. The application was very easy. They had most of my things on file already, and I just had to update a couple of W-2s and a pay stub or two. It went very smoothly. My loan rep, Steven, is awesome. I've worked with him before and he is awesome. He is very timely, informative and helpful. Whenever he needed anything, he would easily get an email to me, and we would be able to get those done within like 48 hours.

ClearPath Lending response

We thank you for sharing your wonderful refinance experience working with Steven and your recommendation of our services. We welcome you to the Clearpath family and look forward to working with you again soon!

Original review: June 16, 2022

ClearPath had a good offer. I also used them the last time for my first experience. I feel good about the rate and terms. I would recommend ClearPath.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for sharing your experience working with us. We especially are thankful that you have decided to utilize the benefits of the Loyalty Program. Thank you for your recommendation and welcome to the ClearPath family.

Original review: June 15, 2022

I was working with another company and received thru the mail an advertisement regarding exactly what I had in Mind. I called late afternoon (ET) and talked with one of the most up-front and what appeared to be an honest person. Steven got the ball rolling, I think I even surprised him by having all the information he needed in his office the next morning. Stefanie, Steven Assistant, was so helpful. She was on top of her game with me. (By the way, I had never met or talked with either one.) It was like I had known them for a long time. Everything went smoothly throughout the process. These two folks just took care of business and cared for their client. Sorry guys I know I called many times, but worry is my nature. Thank You.

ClearPath Lending response

We thank you for your priceless feedback about your recent experience working with Steven and Stephanie. We truly value your business and welcome you to the ClearPath family!

Original review: June 11, 2022

ClearPath was right up-front and very professional. They were concerned about the relationship they have with their customers. When they take information, they explain to you why they're asking you for the information they're asking you for. They have a good professional approach to their business. My loan officer was very, very courteous, and very professional. He dealt with issues that he dealt with, and he didn't venture off into other things. He told me what he needed and why he needed it. When I or my wife would send it to him, he would give us a courtesy call back and let us know that he got it or ClearPath got it. He represents the company he works for. His personal attitude towards his job is really very, very, very good.

ClearPath made refinancing very simple and pleasurable. There was no stress on it. They worked with you. They told you what you could do and this is what was happening. So it was pretty good relationship. ClearPath Lending is a very good organization, I look forward to working with them in the future. If I have friends or family that are looking to buy a house or refinance, I would highly recommend them to contact ClearPath.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for such valuable feedback about your recent refinance experience working with our professional team. We value your feedback and look forward to working with you again!

Original review: June 10, 2022

Everything went smoothly. It was a quick and smooth transaction. The application was easy and the loan officer was very helpful. The rate and terms were good.

ClearPath Lending response

We are happy that you had a smooth refinance experience and decided to share about it! We thank you for the feedback and welcome you to the ClearPath family!

Original review: June 8, 2022

I like ClearPath. They're good. I like their service. My loan officer is a sweetheart. She was based in Big Island, so we talked a lot about Hawaii.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for sharing your refinance experience with us. We value your feedback and welcome you to the ClearPath family!

Original review: June 2, 2022

The process from start to finish was really good, Mrs **. Kept me updated on every step and all changes. I couldn’t ask for a better home buying experience, the team was able to use my loyalty benefits which helped a lot. Thank you all for being so transparent and communicative.

ClearPath Lending response

We're elated to hear you had a smooth loyalty purchase experience! Thank you for sharing your feedback and we look forward to working with you again!

Original review: May 30, 2022

The rep explained everything very thoroughly to where I understood it. If I had a question, he immediately got back to me. He made sure that I was comfortable with everything and that we were understanding everything that was going on. The refinance process was extremely easy. ClearPath was very caring and if I had a question or a concern, they were on top of it right away. When they said they were going to make it as fast as possible, they weren't kidding.

ClearPath Lending response

We thank you for sharing how easy and fast your refinance process went working with our team. We truly value your business and welcome you to the ClearPath family!

Original review: May 29, 2022

Everything was great. They were very patient and very transparent on the process. The rate that they gave me was considerably lower than what my current company was offering me.

ClearPath Lending response

We are excited to hear you had a great refinance experience working with our team here at ClearPath. We look forward to working with you again!

Original review: May 28, 2022

I was actually speaking with another mortgagor to get a refinance and already going through the process with them. But Ash called me and informed me that he would give me a better deal and he would take care of the rest of the stuff if I was willing to move with ClearPath. So I gave him a chance and within a day or two, he called back and gave me a better deal. When I initially moved on with ClearPath, Ash only asked for a couple of documents and he got the ball rolling. I didn't feel stressed out because he took care of me when it came to the whole refinance stuff. The system that ClearPath has is easier for clients to go through.

Ash helped me and he made the experience more comfortable and easier for me. It made the whole experience more streamlined when it came to what was expected and he never rushed me. He really communicated with me a lot. If I had any other questions, he would answer them quickly, and he would get back on my emails and phone calls. I've paid some huge debts off and I'm standing in a pretty good position right now.

ClearPath Lending response

So glad to hear that we were able to get you terms that were more beneficial for you and make the refinance process stress free. We thank you for your feedback and welcome you to the ClearPath family!

Original review: May 26, 2022

My experience with ClearPath has been excellent. Up to now, everything has been taken care of and the payment comes the 1st of July.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for sharing your experience working with ClearPath. We value your business and look forward to working with you in the future.

Original review: May 25, 2022

I got signed up with ClearPath by Steve. He is a magical guy. He was there for me, he answered every phone call, he chased down every question that I had, and we eventually changed the finance on our home and took $20,000 out to paint the place. He's a nice guy. He's fun. He's available. I must have called him 10 times a day some days.

As far as the new rate and terms, we had to do some reverse thinking. They added $300,000 to our mortgage even though we only took out $21,000. So, we're still trying to deal with that. Another thing that was kind of iffy was they said they would give us payment from our escrow. So, they sent us $1,000 and we had $3,000 in escrow from somebody. Also, they said that we would have two months of no mortgage payments, and that didn't work out. For the first one, somebody took out the mortgage payment, though we did get the second one free. So, that's bittersweet but good. The experience has been good, and we've been able to do some things around the house that we've been wanting to do.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for your honest feedback about your experience working with Steven and our team. We value your business and look forward to working with you again, in the future!

Original review: May 20, 2022

Mr. ** and his staff treated me with respect. I was kept informed of each step. The information was clear and concise and I understood the language of the loan process. I received courteous, professional, and consistent information from beginning to end. Thank all of you who worked on this loan on my behalf.

ClearPath Lending response

We thank you for your valuable feedback about your refinance process. We value your business and look forward to working with you again.

Original review: May 20, 2022

The process was smooth. The rate I thought would've been a little lower, but I was told that was the lowest they could go.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for sharing your smooth refinance process with us. We value your feedback and look forward to working with you in the future.

Original review: May 12, 2022

Tabrizi, the rep I initially spoke with was very helpful. There were a few things with the application process that were a bit exasperating because the underwriters they were using couldn't read English. I explain something to them and they wanted more proof of everything. One thing they wanted was my Civil Service Retirement. But they don't give out letters like that. It's written on a statement that I get once a year when they show me what my pay is going to be. Big kudos to Nancy the gal who was helping me get my paperwork together. She was exasperated as I was. But we got through that and everything else was fine. Nancy was courteous and helpful. She's excellent at what she does. We've had a very good experience with the program.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for sharing your experience working with Mr. Tabrizi and Nancy. We are pleased to hear that you they were both very helpful to you during this process. We value your feedback and welcome you to the ClearPath family!

Original review: May 11, 2022

This is our third experience refinancing with ClearPath Lending! All individuals involved throughout the lending and closing process have been honest and accurate with their information. The process was smooth and expeditious. We are pleased! Thank you ClearPath!

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for being a loyalty member and sharing your feedback. We look forward to a continued relationship with you!

Original review: May 11, 2022

The process was super quick and easy. I spoke to somebody over the phone and they explained everything. They did a credit report to see what debt I had and let me know what the monthly cost would be. It took a month but that was on my end because I had to get an inspection. They had great communication and got back to me on the same day as my emails or phone calls, usually, within the hour. They were awesome.

The terms were also good. I was really confused at the beginning but they were able to lock in my rate before everything went up. So, that was nice. I was able to save in the long run quite a bit of money going the route they chose instead of the one I thought I needed to go. I've never had such a good experience with a lender before. They covered the whole process and I never had questions left unanswered.

ClearPath Lending response

Glad to hear you had a super quick and easy refinance working with our team. We thank you for sharing your valuable feedback and welcome you to the ClearPath family!

Original review: May 10, 2022

The application process was really quick, and the rep, Omar, was fantastic. He went through everything and worked really good with us. He worked to try to get us the lowest rate that we could get. He was really on the ball and I have no complaints about him. I was able to pay off all of my debts and that was very satisfying. It wasn't a lot of money, but when you pay 100 here and there, it adds up. This way, everything was really consolidated and I appreciated Omar suggesting that we get more money to pay our debts off, which we did.

ClearPath Lending response

Glad to hear that you had a quick refinance process working with Omar. We thank you for your feedback and welcome you to the ClearPath family!

Original review: May 9, 2022

Everything was smooth. The reps were fantastic. I'm a happy customer and I'd go back to them again.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your smooth refinance process. We value your business and look forward to working with you again.

Original review: May 8, 2022

I've gone with ClearPath before and when it came time to refinance, they reached out to me. Their reps were very good. The rate on the VA loan that I got was fair. The process did seem to take a little longer than usual, but everyone did a fine job.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for being a Loyalty member and sharing your feedback with us! We value your business and look forward to working with you again in the future!

Original review: May 7, 2022

I refinanced my house the first time with ClearPath and it was a good experience. I did it again and my experience was excellent. The reps were very communicative and clear. Each person is given a portal. The login instructions are very simple and the layout of the portal is very easy so uploading documents and seeing the progress of the loan was very straightforward. ClearPath is fair. They give you a good deal and they're willing to work with your situation. They were better than the other company that I went with. I was very happy.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for sharing your feedback as a Loyalty member. We are pleased to hear that this second time was even better! We value your business and feedback. We look forward to working with you again, in the future!

Original review: May 6, 2022

ClearPath had a rewards program that I thought was good. I also had them before and they are not hard to get in touch with. I got cheated on my value a little bit though. Some of the houses in here are going for quite a bit but I got the lowest end of it. It should have been more than what it was. Sometimes, paperwork gets messed up and I had to resend it. But otherwise, it went through smoothly. They were nice people. They called me when they needed things and I got it to them.

ClearPath Lending response

Glad you experienced a smooth process working with our team, for a second time. We truly value your feedback and look forward to working with you again as a continued Loyalty member.

Original review: May 5, 2022

I've used ClearPath three times and they are relatively easy to work with. Everybody stays on top of everything. They communicate with me very well and there are no hidden agenda. They contacted me right away and provided me with what I needed, and this made the process easier. The rate is better than what I was getting from somebody else.

ClearPath Lending response

We are so pleased to hear that as a Loyalty member you have always had good experiences and you enjoy working with our team. We thank you for sharing your valuable feedback and look forward to continuing to working with you in the years to come!

Original review: April 30, 2022

I always work with ClearPath for all my refinancing. They're wonderful. If I had any questions, they were always answered promptly. I stopped and they said no question is a dumb question. They explained everything where I understood it. We got through the process real quick. It was very explanatory. I really like ClearPath. My loan officer always explained things to me. He checked on me a few times to make sure everything was going smoothly, and if I needed to do another refinance, and what options I wanted to take and what was best for me, and not what was best for him. So I like that. The process only took a week because I work with the same person. So all of the paperwork was already there. Everything went so smoothly. It was really nice.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for sharing such valuable feedback about your experience working with our team. We truly value your feedback, especially since you are a Loyalty member!

Original review: April 29, 2022

The refinance that I got through ClearPath was a lot better than me going through somebody else. They told me what they were doing for veterans because I'm a veteran. I enjoyed talking with them and they explained everything to me. They stayed in touch with me all the way through, even when they passed me off to another guy during the closing. Zack stayed with me and then he took me to a guy named Mark. Then Mark put me off to this other guy. But Zack stayed in contact with me all the way through. Then I got with this lady named Tara and she stayed with me until everything closed and I got my money. So the money got to its destination till everything was paid off. Then she called me a week after that. So I'm very satisfied with ClearPath. The communication was phenomenal. Everything went smooth sailing for us.

ClearPath Lending response

We are pleased to hear that you had experience working with Zack, Mark, and Tara. We truly value your feedback and welcome you to the ClearPath family!

Original review: April 28, 2022

The whole process was painless. I've never had a loan that was that easy. Steven's attitude, professionalism, and the way he handled his clients impressed me. I'll never go with anybody else.

ClearPath Lending response

Happy to hear about your easy refinance working with Steven. We value your business and welcome you to the ClearPath family.

ClearPath Lending Company Information