4.8/5 (158 ratings)
Author picture
Written by
Edited by

About ClearPath Lending

ClearPath Lending (NMLS #936436) is a lender offering home purchase and refinance loans. You can use the portal on its website to upload documents, see your loan info and monitor your application.

In 2020, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau penalized ClearPath Lending for inadequate disclosures and misleading and deceptive statements in its ads for VA loans. The company was ordered to pay a civil penalty.

Pros

• Specializes in refinancing VA loans
  • Loan application tracking
  • Loyalty program

Cons

• Application process isn't entirely online
  • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

While ClearPath Lending has a variety of loan options, it mostly focuses on lending to veterans. It also offers a unique loyalty program that can help you get a lower rate by refinancing. However, it has been fined for false advertising as recently as 2020.

ClearPath Lending Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending NMLS # 936436?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2022

ClearPath's reps were good and the process wasn't that long. It took about a month or so and I was happy with them.

ClearPath Lending response

We appreciate your feedback about your recent refinance experience working with our team. We look forward to assisting you with your future financial needs.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2022

We got a 30-year fixed loan from ClearPath and they made it very easy, even when it came to using the computer, which I'm not good with. They talked us through it, and they were very polite and helpful. They were also constantly available. The young man I worked with even gave me his direct number where I could reach him if I had any questions. And so did the young lady so that I didn't have to go through the recording and go from one person to another or have to sit on a wait line. They made it very convenient for me and they answered any questions that I had. And we got through everything in a very reasonable amount of time. We wanted to make sure that we got it done so that I didn't have to make a mortgage payment in October and it was done with minimal amount of frustration on anybody's part.

ClearPath Lending response

We are so pleased to hear that your refinance experience was easy. We value your business and welcome you to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2022

I refinanced a couple of years ago and this year, I did a cash-out refinance. I contacted the person that helped me last and then everything was through the phone or by email. ClearPath was easy to work with and they were always willing to work with me with whatever questions I have.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2022

The reps explained everything I needed to do in detail during the application process with ClearPath. It was simple and easy.

ClearPath Lending response

We appreciate your review and we welcome you to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2022

Refinancing with ClearPath was very easy and efficient. It took less than 10 days from application to approval. The rep we worked with was very positive and good. I was impressed with his responsiveness and knowledge of the trends. There were some support staff too that were getting things from the team sent via email. Emails were very quick. Working with ClearPath has enhanced my life. It has made a significant impact on our ability to refi and get good rates at a good deal. We're finishing the last-minute details where we are locked in the rate before they raise.

ClearPath Lending response

We are elated to hear that your refinance process was easy and efficient. Thank you for valuable feedback and welcome to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

I've been dealing with ClearPath for four years since I first purchased my home. Each time that I dealt with them, I never had a problem. It was fantastic and the rep was great.

ClearPath Lending response

We are so pleased to hear that you are happy with your Loyalty benefits and the service you receive working with our team, here at ClearPath. Thank you for your review and we look forward to working with you again soon!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2022

Things went very well. They were good people who always kept in contact with me and helped me with the process. My rep talked to me as opposed to just emailing and going through a machine. We actually had a conversation. I got what I wanted and we paid off a lot of debt.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for your review about your recent experience working with our team. We value your feedback and welcome you to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2022

They gave me the best deal I could get with no lender fees. Uploading documents was easy. Go with them.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for your recommendation of our services and your feedback about your latest refinance experience. We look forward to assisting you with your financial goals in the future!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2022

My experience with them was very good. I did a refi and everything was fine. I was always well-informed. I'm not really happy with the rates but I knew they had gone up. Other than that, I was very happy with ClearPath.

ClearPath Lending response

We thank you for your review and welcome you to the ClearPath family.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2022

The person I dealt with was very adequate about what they did. They stayed in touch with me with all that was going on. They were very polite people. ClearPath is a good company to go with.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for your review about your recent experience working with ClearPath. We value your business and welcome you to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2022

When I first got with ClearPath, they were able to get our mortgage down. Everything I did with them was good. They are very informative and they go over everything. We did this last refinance and I wasn't scared to go with them because I had prior experience with them. When I was doing my closing and I had questions, I was able to call my rep Joe. He cleared everything up and without any discrepancies. He was very kind and he told me not to hesitate to reach out if I had any questions. I recommend ClearPath.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for sharing your refinance experience working with Joe. Welcome to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

My rep Chris kept me up to speed with the whole process. If I had questions, I called him. He gave me his work cell phone so even during his son's practices, he picked up. Everything was pretty quick. The rate was competitive and it was 0.25 less. Definitely go with ClearPath, especially with Chris.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

After the process, it was a mass amount of emails and stuff on top of it. It's crazy, overwhelming and annoying. Other than that, the rep's communication was fine.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for your review.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

They told me the process would be 45 days but it was a lot less than that. It went a lot faster than I thought it would. Everything was just flowing.

ClearPath Lending response

So glad to hear your refinance was quicker than expected. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

I've used ClearPath a lot of times. They got the process done quickly. I was satisfied with the process. But I wish they would keep the loan. They pass it. They couldn't keep it. Other than that, ClearPath always treated me fairly.

ClearPath Lending response

We are so pleased that you continue to utilize our services, as a Loyalty Member. We thank you for sharing your most recent experience with us – we look forward to working with you again!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2022

Their options outweighed the other people that I was going to. The rep was very gentle and understanding. He didn't keep me waiting around. He was very responsive.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2022

I went through ClearPath again because the last time I did, it was pretty good. After the first time, everything went so smoothly with them. They notified me about everything and what was going on. So it's pretty good.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

I worked with ClearPath Lending in the past. That experience was fantastic, so I figured the next one, there was no other choice but them. Because we had worked together in the past, it took minutes. I love that I worked with Nathan again. He was part of my team during the first refinance. The door of communication was open. He kept me abreast of everything that was going on. Even when I wasn't expecting a call from him, he would call, let me know what was going on. So, I appreciated that. I felt heard, well advised, and in control of the situation at all times.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

I did a VA refi IRRRL and a VA mortgage with ClearPath Lending. When I started working with the agent, he was awesome. He was a hardworking guy. I've already told a number of people about him. I worked with them for a long time, from October of last year until we closed about a month ago. We ended up not getting the first property and getting a different property. But I liked how well the rep communicated with me. They did a great job. We had interest rates rising. This was a challenging project and we pulled it off. It went well. So, I was happy with the whole process.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

I've been with ClearPath Lending for a long time. I refinanced the house through them. And when I was getting ready to sell my house and buy another one, I just went with them since they were already my lender. It was easy.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2022

ClearPath Lending gave me what they said they would. The rep helped me a lot. I was surprised that the process worked that good. Go with them.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2022

One of ClearPath Lending's team members reached out and said, “You know, since you're a veteran, you can refinance up to twice a year.” We were looked at everything, and he helped me with it. And just continued working with them. He held my hand throughout the process. They made it easy and explained everything well. With COVID, they probably lost our original guy that we worked with who was awesome. And the next team was awesome too. They’re professional and kind. They took their time with me, which I appreciated. And if for some reason my husband wasn't present when they could talk that if he had any questions, I'd explain it. They would say, “If he has any questions, have him call back.” They made it so easy to do a refinance. So whenever it was time to refi, we would use them again.

They kept to our rate often because we did a cash out refi. So it’s different than the standard refi. And with rates going up, they were able to keep at what it was versus raising it, which was good. They went over a couple of different scenarios, if we do it this way or another way. And it still saves us almost $3,000 a month once you cashed out and pay off whatever else.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

We worked with ClearPath before. We went with them again because their process was clear, concise and precise. Everybody was also friendly. Whatever they needed, they would call me immediately and tell me what they needed. Or they tried to get everything on their own if I wasn't able to get it. The rate could have been better, but it's good for what we were needing it for. They also offer you competitive rates if you’ve worked with them before with their loyalty program. I would recommend them.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for your review as a Loyalty Member. We are pleased that you have had another good experience with us and have recommended our services. Thank you and welcome to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

We refinanced with ClearPath and the process was fairly easy. It was hard to conduct business when you work Monday through Friday from 8:00 to 5:00. But the reps were very professional.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for your review!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

I've been talking to several people and Steven called me. He asked why I didn’t use ClearPath again and what we wanted to do. I said that we wanted a cash-out and that the last appraisal we got was dreadful. The woman didn't know what she was doing. It came in 215 and our house is worth way more than that. Now it’s been six months and we wanted to try to get some cash-out. He asked if he could make a proposal and I said yes. He wasn't pushy and I liked that. I would have liked to have kept our 2% rate but it wasn't Stephen’s fault. The rates were going up. But our appraisal came in at 284 so I like that. ClearPath is a great company to work with. We talked to three people during the process and they were wonderful. They always returned call and messages, which was very important to me. It was an outstanding experience with ClearPath.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for your recent review and sharing how we were able to get you closer to where you wanted to be with your refinance. We appreciate our Loyalty Members and are grateful you gave us the opportunity to earn your business again!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

I got through the application process with ClearPath okay. I should have said more and I didn't. I didn't know how that was gonna work through but I’m cool with it. I'll take what I got.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2022

The mortgage process with ClearPath was very easy and Chris or Robert was very helpful with any questions I had.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for your recent review working with Chris and Robert. We value your business and welcome you to the ClearPath family.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

I liked ClearPath’s service. The process was as smooth as you could possibly imagine. They cater to veterans anyhow so it was a no-brainer. The rep would call me or I could call them. Instead of getting a voicemail, they'd always answer the phone and I never had to talk to a computer. ClearPath is a very professional organization. And if I have to deal with somebody in the future, I would definitely deal with them.

ClearPath Lending response

We are so grateful to hear about your recent experience. Thank you for your recommendation of our services and welcome to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

The experience with ClearPath was great as well as the communication. The loan officer was fantastic and there were no headaches. ClearPath is the best that I've seen.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for your review. We welcome you to the family and look forward to working with you in the future!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

ClearPath’s process was smooth, fast, honest and easy. The reps were very professional and friendly. It was all a great experience and ClearPath got me a better rate than everybody else could. They're the ones to go with. I recommend them highly.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for your recommendation and your recent review of our services. We truly value your business and welcome you to the ClearPath family!

ClearPath Lending Company Information