2. Mortgages

4.8/5 (244 ratings)

About ClearPath Lending

ClearPath Lending offers fixed-rate and adjustable-rate home loans. Fixed-rate loans have an interest rate that never changes and are a popular option for people who plan to stay in their homes for a long time and want to lock in the interest rate. With an adjustable-rate loan, the interest rate is fixed for a short time and then fluctuates with the national rate indexes.

ClearPath Lending NMLS #936436

www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org

Pros

• Online tools to estimate loan costs
  • Work with a loan officer
  • Prequalify in 15 minutes

Cons

• Rate information not available online
  • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

ClearPath Lending is a nationwide mortgage lender that specializes in conventional and FHA loans. Borrowers are connected with individual mortgage lenders to make borrowing and refinancing easier.

ClearPath Lending Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending NMLS # 936436?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

In the letter that ClearPath sent me, they said, “You've been pre-selected at this rate.” Then when I went to input the information, and I spoke to the customer service person, he, at first, said, “Yes, you're confirmed at the lower rate.” He asked me for information, I sent in my information, and he processed the loan. Then a few days later, he came back and said, “Oh, no. That rate is not available because your credit score,” according to Experian or one of the three creditors, “was only 780 instead of 806,” which was one of the other credit reporting agencies. It said I was up over 800. They didn't say it was a criteria, necessarily, it had to be up over 800. He just said, “Hey, what is your credit score?” So I said, “I just got this and it was 809."

He called back and said, “Oh, no. We ran it and the credit score was actually a 780 or 790.” Because I wasn't over 800, then they couldn't give me the original rate that they said. But the rate they were able to give me was still lower than I was paying. So I decided to end up going with that lower rate, even though it was higher than what was originally discussed.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for your review of ClearPath Lending. We are so happy to have worked with you! Welcome to the ClearPath family.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

They were good. However, they sent a check for a thousand dollars to the insurance company. The insurance company called me and they said that I owe them $300 something. Other than that, everything was perfect. The rep was great. He explained everything and made it simple for me. Every time I called, he answered in a timely manner. I recommend ClearPath fully.

ClearPath Lending response

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

ClearPath quoted me the lowest interest rate. They had a teaser interest rate that only a few people qualify for. I called them and I qualified for that teaser. The application process was easy. They did a good job. The rep I worked with was very efficient and professional. He did a very good job and he responded quickly. The experience was quick, efficient and what you see is what you get.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

Everything was good and acceptable with their rates and terms. I was very happy with what they offered me. The rep I worked with was also very helpful. They made the process very pain-free and easy. I had questions and they were really quick to respond. No games, no hidden fees. Everything was forthright. It was a good process with ClearPath Lending.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

My experience with the reps was good. They did their job. They did what they were supposed to when they said they would.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

I had one guy who handled the whole loan. Everything was fine.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

They provided the best rate. The application process was pretty quick and easy. It was really good. I worked with Alex and it was awesome. Alex was good.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

The process was smooth and I had a great interaction with the rep.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

It took about a month to refinance and they treated us real good.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

I submitted a request over the phone and they pulled my credit. The rep sent me some documents to virtually sign and I sent him some documents. I understand Real Estate, so the application process was very simple. I spoke with the rep on the phone four times and then through email. It was very straightforward. He didn't have to explain much because I already knew what he was talking about or whatever was going on. But what he was saying was in simple terms so anybody could follow. His lack of pushiness stood out for me. ClearPath gave me a good interest rate for what I qualified for. They're a reliable and honest company.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

I got a brochure thing in the mail that said about the VA loan at a rate as low as 1.75 depending on what you qualified for. So, I called ClearPath Lending and talked to Jacob. He was very nice and talked to me politely. He gave me straight up answers and that helped me decide to go with them and get a refinance. Compared to that, the company that we're with didn't even want to talk to me on the phone about refinancing or dropping their interest rate.

ClearPath has done things excellently but they should make sure that everybody's informed a little quicker about certain things. In my case, my time was going to be up and I got to make a payment. Initially, I thought the payment was going to be with ClearPath, but they sold my account to Freedom. And I hadn't even heard from them until two weeks prior. I was getting worried because I've never been late on a house payment and I didn't want to start now being late. If they could just pay the house off then I'd be done with it.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

Ben and his team are knowledgeable and professional. They answered all of my questions in a timely manner. They kept us up to date with each process by both email and phone. Without any rushing or pressure.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

Our experience with ClearPath has been okay so far. The procedures that we went through were okay. They did well. We worked with Kashi. He was nice.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

Things went well with my VA home loan. It moved quickly. I was very pleased with the way it went.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

Sherif let me know all options and if they'd make sense for me and how quickly I'd recoup the refi cost. Very helpful and very knowledgeable. I will return when I'm ready to purchase my next home. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

ClearPath walked me through all the steps and kept me updated with what was going on with the process. Everything was done by computer so it was good. The rep was very knowledgeable on what it was that I needed. She kind of broke down all the numbers to me. Everything that she explained was exactly what I got at the end of the contract. I would recommend ClearPath to a lot of people that are trying to get a lower interest rate, especially if you're with the military. They made the process super easy. It didn't take over 30 days. They explained everything, not only the person that supported the process, but also the team she had that would step in and put their subject matter expertise to the table. Overall, it was perfect. I didn't feel like I was blindsided by anything.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

ClearPath was accessible. The customer service was fine. The process went through speedily, and it was professional. ClearPath served me fine.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

We went through the process and it was all done through telephone calls. It worked out. I felt pretty comfortable with the process. It did take a few months because of trying to work through phone calls and internet and doing documents online. But it was pretty good.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

My experience was better than some of the things I've had before.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

It was one phone call to get all the details. The next phone call, to get all the information. And it was smooth from there. Just wait. The rep was patient. He dumbed it down for me pretty well. It was very honest. It was just all my decisions, and easy information. I dropped my interest rate half a percent. And it reset my mortgage to where I didn't have to pay mortgage for the next couple of months. So that has helped out.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

For the initial contact, I called. And then the application process, it was a phone interview and online also. Everything went great. They were awesome. We'll use them again. I referred them to several colleagues, even family and friends.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

I sent the payment to ClearPath because that's the only address I had. I was in the hospital when they sent me the information but I don't have that information. They are going to send the check back to me to send it on to Freedom Mortgage. I love ClearPath and Freedom. We're very pleased with everything. Jacob is a doll. He is a wonderful person and everyone we had worked with in the past, then and this past time refi, was so professional. We couldn't ask for an easier and a better experience. If we ever do it again, we will definitely use ClearPath.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

The process was extremely simple and ClearPath was pretty helpful. Everything worked good. The phone conversations took a week or two, and then we were in contact with each other. We were in the loop the whole process. Nobody was in the dark. So it was pretty good. It was effortless. The process with them was pretty easier than prior experiences. I'm a Vietnam vet, and we're in our mid-70s, and they were beautiful for us.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

The gentleman that I initially talked to seemed to know all of the details and all my questions that I asked. He told me how long the process would take and when he would talk to me again, and then he gave me his number. The process was really seamless because it was straightforward. He got a notary at my location and was willing to meet me at work, which was easier. So that was pretty cool.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

I called ClearPath and I got Nick. He was so helpful from the beginning and he walked us through everything, even the computer deal. We did everything on the computer and it was smooth sailing to do the refinance. It took a little longer than I thought it would, but that was part of the process. There was waiting at the end but I'm sure there were a lot of hoops that had to be jumped through for them to approve everything and get it all set up. And it was so easy for us. We're elderly, we stay close to home and we didn't have to go to a bank. Even the attorney came to our house, so that made it easy.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

I received an offer in the mail from ClearPath with a 1.75% refinance interest rate. I called them up and their application process was simple. They were extremely helpful and knowledgeable. And it took almost zero effort on my part to do it. I just had to collect a few documents, then I had to scan and email them to them. I got a 30-year mortgage and some VA, and the rate they gave me was the best one to go with.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

The person we worked with, Steven, was very good with us. I was very happy with ClearPath.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

The agent I was assigned to kept me informed every couple of days of how the loan was going. Answered my question politely and promptly. I had no worries and no stress. I received the best rates that could not be beat by any other company. Explanation of options I had and what was in my best interest.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending. We are happy to be of service to you! Thank you for being a part of the ClearPath family.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

ClearPath would give me a better interest rate than the rest, so I applied with them. The process was nice and took about an hour and a half. Their customer service reps were helpful and I appreciate the service that I got. They explained things pretty well such as what they were doing and what you needed to know.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2021

I got a VA loan with ClearPath and the application process was painless. They are trustworthy. I don’t have any worries with them and what they say they’re going to do, they do.

ClearPath Lending Company Information