4.8/5 (171 ratings)

Lock in your rate

Rates are expected to jump after the next Fed meeting

Author picture
Written by Taylor Sansano
Edited by Jana Lynch

About ClearPath Lending

ClearPath Lending (NMLS #936436) is a lender offering home purchase and refinance loans. You can use the portal on its website to upload documents, see your loan info and monitor your application.

In 2020, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau penalized ClearPath Lending for inadequate disclosures and misleading and deceptive statements in its ads for VA loans. The company was ordered to pay a civil penalty.

Pros

• Specializes in refinancing VA loans
  • Loan application tracking
  • Loyalty program

Cons

• Application process isn't entirely online
  • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

While ClearPath Lending has a variety of loan options, it mostly focuses on lending to veterans. It also offers a unique loyalty program that can help you get a lower rate by refinancing. However, it has been fined for false advertising as recently as 2020.

ClearPath Lending Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending NMLS # 936436?

Original review: Oct. 29, 2022

When they called, they told me they could get my mortgage down and that made me feel good so I went with them. I have a fixed-rate loan that I got through the VA and the application process was simple and quick. The rep I worked with, Steven, was amazing and quick to respond. If I sent something, I got a response back in a matter of hours, if not minutes, and some days. When I would call, he was very knowledgeable and he was able to help me with any questions I had.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

The whole process with ClearPath went pretty good. The rep I worked with was available every time I called him. If I left a message, he would call me right back or he would answer the phone when I called. I have used ClearPath in the past as well and I never had any issues.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

I have been a ClearPath customer for a few years now. I refinanced with them three years ago. They have a good loyalty program and their services have always been above and beyond reproach. Also, they are timely, professional, and customer-focused. They're a good organization to deal with and I have had nothing but success with them. This will be my third time refinancing with them and they do everything that they say that they're gonna do. They get right on the refi and handle all business. Chris was my senior lender and he's great. Not only was it a business exchange, but it was also a teachable moment for me because he opened my eyes to some things I had no idea about. I highly recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2022

My experience with ClearPath started off as good in the beginning once I got approved, then it was slow to get after them to get information. Also, sometimes I wasn't satisfied with the rep not getting back to me. But the application process was okay.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your valuable feedback.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2022

Working with ClearPath went very well. It's a good company to use. They were efficient and they answered a lot of questions. I did the whole thing with the representative and it went very smoothly. Uploading documents was very easy.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2022

Our experience with them went smoothly. They were patient. I did the paperwork. They helped me do it to make sure it was all completed with no problem. The rep I worked with treated me right. She was patient enough to make sure that all my questions are answered and I got the best deal.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2022

I had a good experience with ClearPath. They were very knowledgeable about the whole process. They answered all my questions and were really nice.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2022

They were very honest and trustworthy. They answered every question I had and were very available when I needed answers.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2022

Our experience with ClearPath went well. The reps were good. But they could have done more verbal communication. They relied so heavily on text messages and email.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2022

I first applied to buy my house in 2017. I filled out the application, and we had some struggles with the process being that I live out in the country and I'm on a shared well. I had to have a well inspection twice because the first time it didn't pass. So I had to put an RO system in. The agent, Steven, was always there for me when I needed a question answered. Steven and the other rep did a very good job. The only thing that I have a problem with ClearPath is for the amount of money that those agents make, I ended up doing most of the work. I should have gotten paid the commission for all the work I had to do.

Whenever the agents needed something, rather than them going to get it, they call me. I ended up having to get all these reports and the financials and pay for the water tests, which are things that I don't think that I should have ended up having to pay for. It happened again this time when I refinanced my house just two months ago. Also, it was about a two-week delay from the time I was supposed to close till the time I actually closed. Still, working with ClearPath made life easier. I'm 73 years old, and this is the first house that I've ever bought. I got my house bought and that was the most important thing.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for sharing your refinance experience working with Steven. Welcome to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2022

ClearPath has always been good to me. Communication is really good. The rate's a little higher than I wanted but that's what's happening with the economy right now. Other than that, the terms are good and they're easy to get along with. They do what they say.

ClearPath Lending response

We appreciate your review and we welcome you to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2022

ClearPath's reps were good and the process wasn't that long. It took about a month or so and I was happy with them.

ClearPath Lending response

We appreciate your feedback about your recent refinance experience working with our team. We look forward to assisting you with your future financial needs.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2022

We got a 30-year fixed loan from ClearPath and they made it very easy, even when it came to using the computer, which I'm not good with. They talked us through it, and they were very polite and helpful. They were also constantly available. The young man I worked with even gave me his direct number where I could reach him if I had any questions. And so did the young lady so that I didn't have to go through the recording and go from one person to another or have to sit on a wait line. They made it very convenient for me and they answered any questions that I had. And we got through everything in a very reasonable amount of time. We wanted to make sure that we got it done so that I didn't have to make a mortgage payment in October and it was done with minimal amount of frustration on anybody's part.

ClearPath Lending response

We are so pleased to hear that your refinance experience was easy. We value your business and welcome you to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2022

I refinanced a couple of years ago and this year, I did a cash-out refinance. I contacted the person that helped me last and then everything was through the phone or by email. ClearPath was easy to work with and they were always willing to work with me with whatever questions I have.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2022

The reps explained everything I needed to do in detail during the application process with ClearPath. It was simple and easy.

ClearPath Lending response

We appreciate your review and we welcome you to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2022

Refinancing with ClearPath was very easy and efficient. It took less than 10 days from application to approval. The rep we worked with was very positive and good. I was impressed with his responsiveness and knowledge of the trends. There were some support staff too that were getting things from the team sent via email. Emails were very quick. Working with ClearPath has enhanced my life. It has made a significant impact on our ability to refi and get good rates at a good deal. We're finishing the last-minute details where we are locked in the rate before they raise.

ClearPath Lending response

We are elated to hear that your refinance process was easy and efficient. Thank you for valuable feedback and welcome to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

I've been dealing with ClearPath for four years since I first purchased my home. Each time that I dealt with them, I never had a problem. It was fantastic and the rep was great.

ClearPath Lending response

We are so pleased to hear that you are happy with your Loyalty benefits and the service you receive working with our team, here at ClearPath. Thank you for your review and we look forward to working with you again soon!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2022

Things went very well. They were good people who always kept in contact with me and helped me with the process. My rep talked to me as opposed to just emailing and going through a machine. We actually had a conversation. I got what I wanted and we paid off a lot of debt.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for your review about your recent experience working with our team. We value your feedback and welcome you to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2022

They gave me the best deal I could get with no lender fees. Uploading documents was easy. Go with them.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for your recommendation of our services and your feedback about your latest refinance experience. We look forward to assisting you with your financial goals in the future!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2022

My experience with them was very good. I did a refi and everything was fine. I was always well-informed. I'm not really happy with the rates but I knew they had gone up. Other than that, I was very happy with ClearPath.

ClearPath Lending response

We thank you for your review and welcome you to the ClearPath family.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2022

The person I dealt with was very adequate about what they did. They stayed in touch with me with all that was going on. They were very polite people. ClearPath is a good company to go with.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for your review about your recent experience working with ClearPath. We value your business and welcome you to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2022

When I first got with ClearPath, they were able to get our mortgage down. Everything I did with them was good. They are very informative and they go over everything. We did this last refinance and I wasn't scared to go with them because I had prior experience with them. When I was doing my closing and I had questions, I was able to call my rep Joe. He cleared everything up and without any discrepancies. He was very kind and he told me not to hesitate to reach out if I had any questions. I recommend ClearPath.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for sharing your refinance experience working with Joe. Welcome to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

My rep Chris kept me up to speed with the whole process. If I had questions, I called him. He gave me his work cell phone so even during his son's practices, he picked up. Everything was pretty quick. The rate was competitive and it was 0.25 less. Definitely go with ClearPath, especially with Chris.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

After the process, it was a mass amount of emails and stuff on top of it. It's crazy, overwhelming and annoying. Other than that, the rep's communication was fine.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for your review.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

They told me the process would be 45 days but it was a lot less than that. It went a lot faster than I thought it would. Everything was just flowing.

ClearPath Lending response

So glad to hear your refinance was quicker than expected. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

I've used ClearPath a lot of times. They got the process done quickly. I was satisfied with the process. But I wish they would keep the loan. They pass it. They couldn't keep it. Other than that, ClearPath always treated me fairly.

ClearPath Lending response

We are so pleased that you continue to utilize our services, as a Loyalty Member. We thank you for sharing your most recent experience with us – we look forward to working with you again!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2022

Their options outweighed the other people that I was going to. The rep was very gentle and understanding. He didn't keep me waiting around. He was very responsive.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2022

I went through ClearPath again because the last time I did, it was pretty good. After the first time, everything went so smoothly with them. They notified me about everything and what was going on. So it's pretty good.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

I worked with ClearPath Lending in the past. That experience was fantastic, so I figured the next one, there was no other choice but them. Because we had worked together in the past, it took minutes. I love that I worked with Nathan again. He was part of my team during the first refinance. The door of communication was open. He kept me abreast of everything that was going on. Even when I wasn't expecting a call from him, he would call, let me know what was going on. So, I appreciated that. I felt heard, well advised, and in control of the situation at all times.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

I did a VA refi IRRRL and a VA mortgage with ClearPath Lending. When I started working with the agent, he was awesome. He was a hardworking guy. I've already told a number of people about him. I worked with them for a long time, from October of last year until we closed about a month ago. We ended up not getting the first property and getting a different property. But I liked how well the rep communicated with me. They did a great job. We had interest rates rising. This was a challenging project and we pulled it off. It went well. So, I was happy with the whole process.

ClearPath Lending Company Information