ClearPath Lending

Written by
Author picture
Edited by

About ClearPath Lending

ClearPath Lending (NMLS #936436) is a lender offering home purchase and refinance loans. You can use the portal on its website to upload documents, see your loan info and monitor your application.

In 2020, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau penalized ClearPath Lending for inadequate disclosures and misleading and deceptive statements in its ads for VA loans. The company was ordered to pay a civil penalty.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Specializes in refinancing VA loans
  • Loan application tracking
  • Loyalty program
Cons
  • Application process isn't entirely online
  • Not available in all states

Stars Rating

• 80%
  • 17%
  • 2%
  • 1%
  • 0%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending NMLS # 936436?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending NMLS # 936436?
    StaffLoan ProcessRates

Reviewed April 15, 2024

I refinanced and the process was easy. Their rep, Ryan, was really helpful and he answered anytime I asked him a question. But I thought the rate would be a bit lower and it's high.

Reviewed April 15, 2024

Chris, the rep with ClearPath, was very upfront and personable. The process was simple and easy. He's loving me because I'm very organized. I gave them all the information they needed right away.

Reviewed April 15, 2024

I did a no-hassle refinance, and the application process was good. I started in the second week of January and I closed mid-February. The website as well as the reps were good too.

Rates

Reviewed April 14, 2024

ClearPath gave me more of a choice of what I wanted to do with the loan. Applying was fairly simple. They didn't need a bunch of paperwork. They just needed the name, social, and date of birth to get everything rolling and everything approved. ClearPath is awesome and I'm happy with my lower monthly payment. It's better than what I had before, especially where the rates are at right now. So, I'm glad I did it when I did.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed April 14, 2024

It was easy to obtain my mortgage with ClearPath. They were friendly and helpful. All I did was call Mike and say, "This is what we're looking for," and he said, "No, I have a better option for you. How about this?" He gave us a couple more options that we didn't know about. And we didn't even do anything online except sign our paperwork. Every time things would change, he would always call us to make sure that we were doing okay or needed any help. I hadn't heard from them in a while, I had called him 'cause we needed to pay some bills, and that was where we were going to refinance and he gave us options on different programs. We went with something different than what we were thinking because of his knowledge.

Rates

Reviewed April 13, 2024

I set everything up with ClearPath Lending online. It was easy. I did a brand new loan, and the rate and the terms were good. I would highly recommend the company.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed March 31, 2024

ClearPath financed a house for me and it was great. They kept in touch and if I had a question, I was able to call. They asked if there was any more they could do and if I had any more questions. They were very cordial.

StaffLoan ProcessRates

Reviewed March 30, 2024

My experience with ClearPath was smooth sailing. I've read the reviews and stuff online as well and they had a lot of positive reviews. Also, they did what they said they were gonna do. The rate was comparable and fair. I worked with Quinny and Mike and another guy. Quinny and Mike were right on it. They were awesome.

Customer ServiceStaffLoan Process

Reviewed March 29, 2024

I was very satisfied with ClearPath Lending. It just took a little bit longer than I thought it would, but everything came together. We were waiting for a closing date and we were beyond the deadline as I was promised, but I was consolidating certain credit systems and they finally consolidated for me. We've been working with each other on the mortgage system for a few years. Their customer service was great in comparison to others. Their reps were a little more knowledgeable and they handled everything up front except for the two payments. I could only keep one. I think the closing date was the reason why it wouldn't allow me to keep two as promised, but I was satisfied. They came through with the necessary people whom I had to sign the mortgage papers and as promised and they sent the payoff checks and I was happy with that.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaffLoan ProcessTransparency

Reviewed March 24, 2024

I had a good experience with ClearPath. They got everything taken care of and it was in a timely fashion for the most part. The only part that I had to be patient in waiting to hear back because of everything, dealing with the other mortgage company. But for the most part, everything was smooth and clear. The communication was really good. The rep stayed in contact with me and let me know what was going on. If I had any questions, he went ahead and was able to answer my questions. If he didn't have the answer right then, he would get the answer and definitely give me a call back within 24 hours. It was a good process.

Reviewed March 21, 2024

Everything went without a hitch with ClearPath Lending. The process took less than a month for the refinance and the gentleman that I ended up dealing with was really good and very knowledgeable. If anything comes up, I'll end up using them again. It was a very easy and seamless process.

Loan ProcessTransparency

Reviewed March 20, 2024

My first loan was in 2018. Recently, I did a refi and ClearPath Lending was easy to work with. They were very open and clear about what they could do for me. I was very appreciative of that. I never wanted to refi since I had a 2.5, but in the long run, it saved me money.

Punctuality & SpeedOnline & AppStaffLoan Process

Reviewed March 16, 2024

The application process was very easy and quick. The reps kept me well-informed throughout the whole process of what's gonna happen. It was an outstanding job and I had a very good experience with ClearPath.

Customer ServiceOnline & AppLoan ProcessTransparency

Reviewed Feb. 22, 2024

We've used ClearPath in the past with our first mortgage and we used them again. The application process was good. The gentleman worked really hard to close the deal with us. It took less than a month from start to finish. The communication with them was also fine. I could call them any time. I also got an email back.

Punctuality & SpeedStaffLoan Process

Reviewed Feb. 12, 2024

I'd recommend ClearPath. The process was smooth. I started out with them at the beginning then we ended up with them at the end at this last time. They have some good employees that know what they're doing. As far as answering the questions I asked the reps, they answered well. They were eager to help me to get this done as fast as they could.

Staff

Reviewed Feb. 10, 2024

I was with Freedom and ClearPath bought them and took over everything. When I get in contact with a rep, it wasn't that bad and it wasn't a long wait and their reps are pretty good.

Online & AppStaffLoan ProcessTransparency

Reviewed Feb. 9, 2024

ClearPath was very good to me. The application process for the refi was easy. My loan officer had contacted me a lot and kept in touch until everything was finished.

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed Jan. 28, 2024

I used ClearPath years ago when I originally financed my house. They did me right the first time, and they did me right this time.

Online & AppStaffLoan ProcessRates

Reviewed Jan. 27, 2024

The application process at ClearPath is very easy to do. I didn't have any hassles. Their rate was also decent. The reps were very professional. I would recommend it.

Reviewed Jan. 18, 2024

I had a good experience with Clearpath. It was very easy because I was already with them when I refied. It was very efficient. The rep was very responsive and articulate. The information that I got was accurate. I could depend on it. I got great results.

Punctuality & SpeedStaffTransparency

Reviewed Jan. 18, 2024

They gave me a very clear direction on what I needed to do and the information provided to me was precise and understandable. It was seamless and whatever had to be done was done very quickly. I had a contact person and I was able to just talk to her. If she couldn't address something immediately, she found out how to address it and let me know. This made it easy for me to go from point A to point B.

Reviewed Jan. 18, 2024

I've refinanced with ClearPath a couple of times and the main guy that I went through was good at talking to me.

Reviewed Dec. 29, 2023

It was a very easy process. It took a couple of months, and everything went fine.

Customer ServiceStaffLoan Process

Reviewed Dec. 16, 2023

I did a refinance and then I rolled some consumer loan into the new mortgage as well. The reps were all very cheerful. Every time I had to talk to them, it was very pleasant. They were very helpful. I was honestly shocked by how pleasant the whole experience was dealing with them in the step of the process. I worked with Helena and she was always be on top of her game. If I asked a question, she’d know the answer already. So, I appreciate that kind of knowledge base for any employee in any company that provides any service.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingOnline & AppStaffLoan ProcessTransparency

Reviewed Dec. 14, 2023

The application process with ClearPath Lending was patchy. I would hear a lot then nothing. They would give a lot of information all at once then it would be two or three weeks before I heard from anyone. It was a little confusing at first, trying to figure out which part of the loan process I was in. But every time I called in, they answered. My rep was very sweet. She did her best to make me feel I wasn't getting scammed (the letters are scam-feeling). But I wish that they had a more clear process on how to pay for the mortgage and see the process. I like having a portal where I can see everything.

Online & AppLoan ProcessTransparency

Reviewed Dec. 13, 2023

The application process was pretty simplified and decent. Everything was communicated effectively and done in a timely manner. From start to finish, it took about three weeks. My loan officer communicated well and answered all the questions that needed to be answered.

Staff

Reviewed Dec. 13, 2023

I enjoyed working with ClearPath Lending. I was pleased with their offer at the time. I worked with a few people. Everybody that I have dealt with was very friendly and eager to help. And it was a big help because I got my mortgage reduced a bit with working with them.

Online & AppStaffLoan Process

Reviewed Dec. 12, 2023

I had a great experience with them. They could do what I wanted to do and they did it. The application process was painless. Everything the person told me came about. I liked the way the people worked. I needed some information and it was Johnny-on-the-spot.

Punctuality & SpeedStaffLoan ProcessTransparency

Reviewed Nov. 22, 2023

ClearPath's reps were very fast and efficient. I was a little scared during my application, but they walked me through it. The process didn't very long and my loan officer was great. We had just pretty much bought the house, so I couldn't expect the rate to go down as much as I wanted. But it went fine and the payments are easier. I would tell my friends to go with them.

Reviewed Nov. 22, 2023

ClearPath Lending makes the process a lot easier. I can never tell about whether they're saving me any money, but I never felt like I was being messed with. I always felt like it was a safe process. Several years ago, when I was trying to buy this house, they set up Freedom Mortgage as my lender, then they stayed with me. I did a refinance after that, and now I've done another refinance. I had to. I needed some money to fix the house, and they put me with a different mortgage company. Everybody I've talked to has been good.

ClearPath Lending Company Information