4.9/5 (213 ratings)

About ClearPath Lending

ClearPath Lending offers fixed-rate and adjustable-rate home loans. Fixed-rate loans have an interest rate that never changes and are a popular option for people who plan to stay in their homes for a long time and want to lock in the interest rate. With an adjustable-rate loan, the interest rate is fixed for a short time and then fluctuates with the national rate indexes.

ClearPath Lending NMLS #936436

www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org

Pros

• Online tools to estimate loan costs
  • Work with a loan officer
  • Prequalify in 15 minutes

Cons

• Rate information not available online
  • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

ClearPath Lending is a nationwide mortgage lender that specializes in conventional and FHA loans. Borrowers are connected with individual mortgage lenders to make borrowing and refinancing easier.

ClearPath Lending Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending NMLS # 936436?

Original review: June 9, 2022

The first two times I used ClearPath, the experience was good. This last time was a little rocky though. The first couple of times is just a straight refi and the last time around, it was a cashout refi, which apparently is totally different. When I queried about it, they explained it to me. When it came to pan off the stuff for the cashout part, everything dragged real slow. I'm certain they went as fast as they could, but the payoff was 41,000 and it was paid down so much. I only get a statement once a year from these clowns, but they apply the interest to the loan yearly and not monthly. ClearPath got the payoff statement. Then, instead of wiring the money to the people, they wrote out checks to the people and mailed them to me. Why would they mail them to me? I had to turn around and mail them to the people.

I gotta call them and check on this. By the time they received the check, the yearly interest got applied. Now, I still owe them three grand. So, I'm a little miffed about that. As far as my loan officer, I was talking to him regularly. ClearPath has always taken care of me and they worked on things as quickly as they could. I didn't have to go through a house inspection for the first two refis, but because it was a cashout refi, I had to do a house inspection and there was a problem with the paint job. I had to get the place painted. There was a storm last year that took off my carport and my back porch and my roof and took out three quarters of my fence. All that work was completed with the exception of painting. The place had to be painted and that took another month. So, it dragged out. Finally, it got re-inspected. They called me back and said, "Okay, you're good to go."

Original review: June 8, 2022

I like ClearPath. They're good. I like their service. My loan officer is a sweetheart. She was based in Big Island, so we talked a lot about Hawaii.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for sharing your refinance experience with us. We value your feedback and welcome you to the ClearPath family!

Original review: June 2, 2022

The process from start to finish was really good, Mrs **. Kept me updated on every step and all changes. I couldn’t ask for a better home buying experience, the team was able to use my loyalty benefits which helped a lot. Thank you all for being so transparent and communicative.

ClearPath Lending response

We're elated to hear you had a smooth loyalty purchase experience! Thank you for sharing your feedback and we look forward to working with you again!

Original review: May 30, 2022

The rep explained everything very thoroughly to where I understood it. If I had a question, he immediately got back to me. He made sure that I was comfortable with everything and that we were understanding everything that was going on. The refinance process was extremely easy. ClearPath was very caring and if I had a question or a concern, they were on top of it right away. When they said they were going to make it as fast as possible, they weren't kidding.

ClearPath Lending response

We thank you for sharing how easy and fast your refinance process went working with our team. We truly value your business and welcome you to the ClearPath family!

Original review: May 29, 2022

Everything was great. They were very patient and very transparent on the process. The rate that they gave me was considerably lower than what my current company was offering me.

ClearPath Lending response

We are excited to hear you had a great refinance experience working with our team here at ClearPath. We look forward to working with you again!

Original review: May 28, 2022

I was actually speaking with another mortgagor to get a refinance and already going through the process with them. But Ash called me and informed me that he would give me a better deal and he would take care of the rest of the stuff if I was willing to move with ClearPath. So I gave him a chance and within a day or two, he called back and gave me a better deal. When I initially moved on with ClearPath, Ash only asked for a couple of documents and he got the ball rolling. I didn't feel stressed out because he took care of me when it came to the whole refinance stuff. The system that ClearPath has is easier for clients to go through.

Ash helped me and he made the experience more comfortable and easier for me. It made the whole experience more streamlined when it came to what was expected and he never rushed me. He really communicated with me a lot. If I had any other questions, he would answer them quickly, and he would get back on my emails and phone calls. I've paid some huge debts off and I'm standing in a pretty good position right now.

ClearPath Lending response

So glad to hear that we were able to get you terms that were more beneficial for you and make the refinance process stress free. We thank you for your feedback and welcome you to the ClearPath family!

Original review: May 26, 2022

My experience with ClearPath has been excellent. Up to now, everything has been taken care of and the payment comes the 1st of July.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for sharing your experience working with ClearPath. We value your business and look forward to working with you in the future.

Original review: May 25, 2022

I got signed up with ClearPath by Steve. He is a magical guy. He was there for me, he answered every phone call, he chased down every question that I had, and we eventually changed the finance on our home and took $20,000 out to paint the place. He's a nice guy. He's fun. He's available. I must have called him 10 times a day some days.

As far as the new rate and terms, we had to do some reverse thinking. They added $300,000 to our mortgage even though we only took out $21,000. So, we're still trying to deal with that. Another thing that was kind of iffy was they said they would give us payment from our escrow. So, they sent us $1,000 and we had $3,000 in escrow from somebody. Also, they said that we would have two months of no mortgage payments, and that didn't work out. For the first one, somebody took out the mortgage payment, though we did get the second one free. So, that's bittersweet but good. The experience has been good, and we've been able to do some things around the house that we've been wanting to do.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for your honest feedback about your experience working with Steven and our team. We value your business and look forward to working with you again, in the future!

Original review: May 20, 2022

Mr. ** and his staff treated me with respect. I was kept informed of each step. The information was clear and concise and I understood the language of the loan process. I received courteous, professional, and consistent information from beginning to end. Thank all of you who worked on this loan on my behalf.

ClearPath Lending response

We thank you for your valuable feedback about your refinance process. We value your business and look forward to working with you again.

Original review: May 20, 2022

The process was smooth. The rate I thought would've been a little lower, but I was told that was the lowest they could go.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for sharing your smooth refinance process with us. We value your feedback and look forward to working with you in the future.

Original review: May 12, 2022

Tabrizi, the rep I initially spoke with was very helpful. There were a few things with the application process that were a bit exasperating because the underwriters they were using couldn't read English. I explain something to them and they wanted more proof of everything. One thing they wanted was my Civil Service Retirement. But they don't give out letters like that. It's written on a statement that I get once a year when they show me what my pay is going to be. Big kudos to Nancy the gal who was helping me get my paperwork together. She was exasperated as I was. But we got through that and everything else was fine. Nancy was courteous and helpful. She's excellent at what she does. We've had a very good experience with the program.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for sharing your experience working with Mr. Tabrizi and Nancy. We are pleased to hear that you they were both very helpful to you during this process. We value your feedback and welcome you to the ClearPath family!

Original review: May 11, 2022

This is our third experience refinancing with ClearPath Lending! All individuals involved throughout the lending and closing process have been honest and accurate with their information. The process was smooth and expeditious. We are pleased! Thank you ClearPath!

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for being a loyalty member and sharing your feedback. We look forward to a continued relationship with you!

Original review: May 11, 2022

The process was super quick and easy. I spoke to somebody over the phone and they explained everything. They did a credit report to see what debt I had and let me know what the monthly cost would be. It took a month but that was on my end because I had to get an inspection. They had great communication and got back to me on the same day as my emails or phone calls, usually, within the hour. They were awesome.

The terms were also good. I was really confused at the beginning but they were able to lock in my rate before everything went up. So, that was nice. I was able to save in the long run quite a bit of money going the route they chose instead of the one I thought I needed to go. I've never had such a good experience with a lender before. They covered the whole process and I never had questions left unanswered.

ClearPath Lending response

Glad to hear you had a super quick and easy refinance working with our team. We thank you for sharing your valuable feedback and welcome you to the ClearPath family!

Original review: May 10, 2022

The application process was really quick, and the rep, Omar, was fantastic. He went through everything and worked really good with us. He worked to try to get us the lowest rate that we could get. He was really on the ball and I have no complaints about him. I was able to pay off all of my debts and that was very satisfying. It wasn't a lot of money, but when you pay 100 here and there, it adds up. This way, everything was really consolidated and I appreciated Omar suggesting that we get more money to pay our debts off, which we did.

ClearPath Lending response

Glad to hear that you had a quick refinance process working with Omar. We thank you for your feedback and welcome you to the ClearPath family!

Original review: May 9, 2022

Everything was smooth. The reps were fantastic. I'm a happy customer and I'd go back to them again.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your smooth refinance process. We value your business and look forward to working with you again.

Original review: May 8, 2022

I've gone with ClearPath before and when it came time to refinance, they reached out to me. Their reps were very good. The rate on the VA loan that I got was fair. The process did seem to take a little longer than usual, but everyone did a fine job.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for being a Loyalty member and sharing your feedback with us! We value your business and look forward to working with you again in the future!

Original review: May 7, 2022

I refinanced my house the first time with ClearPath and it was a good experience. I did it again and my experience was excellent. The reps were very communicative and clear. Each person is given a portal. The login instructions are very simple and the layout of the portal is very easy so uploading documents and seeing the progress of the loan was very straightforward. ClearPath is fair. They give you a good deal and they're willing to work with your situation. They were better than the other company that I went with. I was very happy.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for sharing your feedback as a Loyalty member. We are pleased to hear that this second time was even better! We value your business and feedback. We look forward to working with you again, in the future!

Original review: May 6, 2022

ClearPath had a rewards program that I thought was good. I also had them before and they are not hard to get in touch with. I got cheated on my value a little bit though. Some of the houses in here are going for quite a bit but I got the lowest end of it. It should have been more than what it was. Sometimes, paperwork gets messed up and I had to resend it. But otherwise, it went through smoothly. They were nice people. They called me when they needed things and I got it to them.

ClearPath Lending response

Glad you experienced a smooth process working with our team, for a second time. We truly value your feedback and look forward to working with you again as a continued Loyalty member.

Original review: May 5, 2022

I've used ClearPath three times and they are relatively easy to work with. Everybody stays on top of everything. They communicate with me very well and there are no hidden agenda. They contacted me right away and provided me with what I needed, and this made the process easier. The rate is better than what I was getting from somebody else.

ClearPath Lending response

We are so pleased to hear that as a Loyalty member you have always had good experiences and you enjoy working with our team. We thank you for sharing your valuable feedback and look forward to continuing to working with you in the years to come!

Original review: April 30, 2022

I always work with ClearPath for all my refinancing. They're wonderful. If I had any questions, they were always answered promptly. I stopped and they said no question is a dumb question. They explained everything where I understood it. We got through the process real quick. It was very explanatory. I really like ClearPath. My loan officer always explained things to me. He checked on me a few times to make sure everything was going smoothly, and if I needed to do another refinance, and what options I wanted to take and what was best for me, and not what was best for him. So I like that. The process only took a week because I work with the same person. So all of the paperwork was already there. Everything went so smoothly. It was really nice.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for sharing such valuable feedback about your experience working with our team. We truly value your feedback, especially since you are a Loyalty member!

Original review: April 29, 2022

The refinance that I got through ClearPath was a lot better than me going through somebody else. They told me what they were doing for veterans because I'm a veteran. I enjoyed talking with them and they explained everything to me. They stayed in touch with me all the way through, even when they passed me off to another guy during the closing. Zack stayed with me and then he took me to a guy named Mark. Then Mark put me off to this other guy. But Zack stayed in contact with me all the way through. Then I got with this lady named Tara and she stayed with me until everything closed and I got my money. So the money got to its destination till everything was paid off. Then she called me a week after that. So I'm very satisfied with ClearPath. The communication was phenomenal. Everything went smooth sailing for us.

ClearPath Lending response

We are pleased to hear that you had experience working with Zack, Mark, and Tara. We truly value your feedback and welcome you to the ClearPath family!

Original review: April 28, 2022

The whole process was painless. I've never had a loan that was that easy. Steven's attitude, professionalism, and the way he handled his clients impressed me. I'll never go with anybody else.

ClearPath Lending response

Happy to hear about your easy refinance working with Steven. We value your business and welcome you to the ClearPath family.

Original review: April 27, 2022

We did a refinance and took some equity money out, and the application process was good. It was easy to contact the people and get information, and it seemed like the process went without a lot of glitches. They were helpful in trying to get the information from us and had the electronic things set up. That made it easy with DocuSign. Also, the rep Anthony was knowledgeable and he made a real good effort to move things along quickly. He wasn't the only person we dealt with, but he was our primary contact.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for your sharing your experience with Anthony. We value your business and look forward to working with you again!

Original review: April 26, 2022

Clearpath was awesome. They're great people that will take care of you and the rate is way better than other people were trying to offer me. Helena, my loan officer, communicated with me through the process. She kept me informed of everything and let me know my options. She was also my original loan officer when I purchased my home.

ClearPath Lending response

Glad to hear that you think our team is awesome. We especially thank you for recognizing Helena and her efforts throughout the process. We value your feedback and welcome you to the ClearPath family!

Original review: April 25, 2022

ClearPath's representatives were really professional and they did a good job. I got a VA loan and the rates weren't so great, but it suited my need at the time. Overall, it was a great experience. Whenever I and my wife had questions, they were there to help us with anything that we needed.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for sharing your refinance experience working with our team. We value your business and welcome you to the Clearpath family!

Original review: April 24, 2022

Everything with ClearPath was pretty smooth. It didn't seem like it took very long. Communication was very good. Every time I needed to talk to somebody, they got right back to me and they kept me in the loop the whole time. I like the rate and terms a lot. It was a little difficult getting everything that was requested of me for the mortgage on my mobile home, but other than that, it wasn't bad. The lady showed up for the signing of all the papers, and everything went well.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for sharing your refinance experience with us. We value your business and look forward to working with you in the future!

Original review: April 23, 2022

I would recommend ClearPath especially to people who have never been through the process. Your first time is the hardest but if you're with someone that explains everything, the first time is made easier and you learn a lot. With ClearPath, there were not the surprises that there were the first time I refinanced which was like get you to the point of sending in all the information then they tell you to do this and that. That didn't happen with ClearPath. They stayed ahead. The process is made easier when you know what what's required. Being that I'm retired military, it helped me to get where I wanted to get.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for sharing your experience working us. We are so pleased to hear that you had an easy refinance process. We value your business and look forward to working with you again in the future!

Original review: April 22, 2022

The representative I worked with was excellent. I was extremely satisfied. The only thing that happened was there was one check that I thought we were gonna take care of in the payout that didn't get taken care of. But it was too little, too late and I just let it be.

ClearPath Lending response

We are so excited that you that you had an excellent experience and are satisfied with the outcome of your refinance. We value your business and welcome you to the ClearPath family!

Original review: April 18, 2022

My loan officer was great. He sat and listened to my concerns. Anytime I needed something, he had a solution, and that's important to me. I wish my monthly payments were lower, but at least I got a loan.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for your valuable feedback about your refinance process working with our team. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

Original review: April 17, 2022

This was the best experience I've had in my adult life of buying or refinancing homes. Since I am legally blind and it was afar, ClearPath explained everything. They taught me how to take photos and send it to them by cell phone, and also to get copies of insurance papers or whatever they needed. Vito was my loan officer and he was above and beyond. He was the most professional person I ever worked with. There were a lot of things that I'd never experienced on the computer and he would teach me how to do it step-by-step. He never made me feel bad about anything. He was so reassuring. It took him longer to get the funding. But I was approved within two weeks.

Vito gave me options and suggested I take some money out of my equity. He helped me tremendously. But the rates are a little high for a VA loan. We have very little income but we have a lot of expenditures. So that's why my interest is a little bit higher than most people. But Vito said he would call me back in about seven months. I'll refinance if necessary to get a better rate.

ClearPath Lending response

We are so thankful to hear that this refinance process was the best experience you have had. We truly value your business and welcome you to the ClearPath family!

ClearPath Lending Company Information