Call toll free
4.84/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Clearpath Lending is a nationwide mortgage lender committed to going above and beyond to satisfy its clients’ mortgage needs. Customer satisfaction is the driving principle behind ClearPath’s lending practices. ClearPath consistently prioritizes its clients’ financial goals by providing the most beneficial mortgage solutions available.

ClearPath Lending NMLS #936436

www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org

Loans made or arranged pursuant to a California Finance Lender's license CFL #603J783

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

751 ClearPath Lending Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 5, 2019

I was buying a home and with ClearPath, there wasn't a lot of run-around. I went with a VA loan and the processor was available to answer any question, which was part of what made it easier to choose them. Me being a first time home buyer, there was nothing hard about it 'cause they explained it pretty simply. I felt very comfortable working with them.

Original review: March 4, 2019

We had dealt with ClearPath before and and they've always treated us well. We were looking to refinance and obtained a VA loan, and it went very smooth. The application was absolutely simple, easily done online and through emails. Every time we spoke, the rep was nice and helpful. Any questions I had, he answered them right away. There were a few concerns that we called them on, and they took care of them right away or within a few hours. If it was after business hours, we could reach them by email and we usually had an answer the next business day. Working with them made the loan application very easy. I’d heard horror stories and this was not that. I'm very happy with the way it turned out and how easy it was to take advantage of.

Original review: March 3, 2019

I applied for a VA loan from ClearPath Lending and they made it really easy for me. The whole thing, from start to end, was completed in five or six weeks. The loan officer was very nice. He gave me his home phone number if I needed to call him on the weekends. I can call him even though they're through servicing the whole thing. The whole experience was quick and painless. Having them made it easier so we could pay our bills without going into our savings every month.

Original review: March 2, 2019

We took a VA loan from ClearPath Lending and they had given us a lower rate. The application process was easy and together with the underwriting process, took about two weeks to finish. My loan officer was good. He explained to me everything that I had a lot of concern about. He told me all kinds of stuff about the refi and about the three months that we didn't have to pay. And that if we were not confident about the company, we could do research. He also told us that there was nothing to worry about and to just relax. The entire experience was good. It was not hard as we did the first time we had the house. And, a lady came for the closing. We didn’t have to go to a place where we have to drive to sign the closing. We'll start with our payment next month but so far, everything’s good.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I received a VA notice in the mail and I called ClearPath. I wanted to bring down my interest rate and with ClearPath, everything worked out good for me. They were pretty detailed and they were able to answer all of my questions. They were trustworthy as well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending NMLS # 936436?

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

ClearPath said what they were gonna do and they followed up every time they said they were gonna follow up. They got my rate lowered and got some payments knocked off. They had lowered my mortgage terms by nine months. They have a customer loyalty program and it's gonna be around for a long time. As long as I'm doing my part, if they have a different rate come up, they'll come back and redo it again. So, it is a really good and very well presented program. Their rep was super friendly, caring, and very professional and courteous. He was very explanatory in their program, too. My loan officer was superb. She was upbeat and very knowledgeable. She wasn't difficult to get a hold of at all. If I sent a text or call, she was right on it. As a matter of fact, the longer we talk, the more I became a friend instead of just a client. She handled everything just like she's handling her own business.

ClearPath's application process went as smooth as it could possibly go, and it didn't take any longer than doing a regular application like I did my first one. There were no surprises. Everything was done in such professional manner. I'd recommend ClearPath highly. I've never been treated as well as that by anybody as far as any kind of finance process. ClearPath is a super company with super people.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I recently bought my house and went through ClearPath Lending. The application process was really good and they kept me up-to-date all the time. It was very easy and I would recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I was very satisfied with my experience with ClearPath Lending. They were the mortgage company my real estate agent recommended. I got an FHA loan from them, and the application process was easy. It took two weeks from start to finish. Also, the loan officer I worked with was very friendly.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I got something in the mail from ClearPath and I used them for my mortgage. We wanted to lower it. We got the FHA and the application process was easy. The rep kept me posted and everything was good.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I called them to from a letter they sent me. I was unaware of the benefits of refinancing my VA loan after only having it 6 months. Their representative, Lily **, handled the mortgage from start to finish pretty much calling me daily with updates or to simply check in to see if I had any questions. We closed the loan, from start to finish, in two weeks. Thank you ClearPath Leading.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I am 73 years of age and have financed and refinanced numerous properties in my adult life. Never have I been more impressed with the professional staff at ClearPath Lending. Lily ** and her team were totally professional and she bent over backward to make the process go smoothly. She was professional and supportive throughout the procedure. I had no questions and was totally informed about costs, savings, procedures and the final outcome. There were no surprises. I would recommend ClearPath Lending to anyone searching for VA financing. Lily ** is a definite asset to her organization and is worth her weight in pure gold. Thank you Lily and ClearPath Lending for your excellent support and assistance in helping me obtain my load with virtually no obstacles.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

We got a letter in the mail from ClearPath Lending for a refinance for the mortgage that we had. It was the first letter we got in the mail, and so I called them to see what they had to offer. We refinanced our original mortgage with Pacific Union through them and so we ended up streamlining our FHA loan. The application process was super easy and it was better than our experience when we tried to buy the house for the first time. However, it took a bit longer than the average turnaround time because we waited for a week and a half to hear back from the underwriters. That was the only thing that held the process up. But Bill, our main contact, stayed on top of everything. He called me every couple of days to tell me where we were at and what we were waiting for.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Chris & Nicola. ClearPath Lending should be proud of the service that it provides to customer such as Randolph & Michele **. First I must say that the initial calls were ignored because of the number of scam calls that we both receive on a daily basis thinking that this was a scam. Secondly, the many letters that we received also made me wonder if this was for real. After calling Chris and listening to what ClearPath Lending could offer this was a not a hard decision. Chris professionalism and courteous manner was outstanding and he made the process seamless and easy. Nicola also made this process effortless as she requested payment history. As both of these individual’s worked with Michele and I to process this loan I can truly say this was a stellar team effort. Outstanding job!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I went with ClearPath Lending’s loyalty program and the application process was pretty easy. We just did it all through email and electronic signatures, aside from the signing of the final paperwork. That came into my house and I just signed it at home. If I had a question or concern, someone would get back to me with an answer the same day. Their rep, Jacob, was very thorough. He called me every week and updated me on the status of everything and he made sure that I was fully informed at all times.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

The interest rate was too high with my previous company. So, I was trying my best to search and look for the affordable interest rate. Finally, I found ClearPath and they're awesome. The guy who called me was pretty good with me but I misunderstood something and later on, I figured out that it was not his fault but it was my fault. Other than that, the application went very smoothly and I couldn't believe the way it went so fast. It took three weeks to complete and I am satisfied with the rates and terms that I got. The guy told me that after a few months, I have to pay on the 13th month, so when they checked, it was the lower interest rate that they are still going to offer me. All in all, ClearPath saved me money.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

After a few months of owning my first home, I received a letter with the name of my mortgage company in the window. The letter stated that I had missed a deadline for something and needed to call immediately. I called my mortgage company account manager directly (because my company is actually a good one) instead of the number in the letter. He laughed and said it was a scam to get me to refinance or sell equity. I have gotten the same letter once or twice a week for months! I've sent the letters back stating that I want to be removed from list, called, and emailed. And the letters keep coming.

ClearPath Lending response

Mr. Robbins, thank you for reaching out to us with this issue and we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. We have removed your information from our mailing list and please note that it may take about 4-6 weeks for this to take effect since these letters are typically sent out in advance. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I like how ClearPath Lending treats the veterans. If I met them first, I would have done my loan with them from the beginning. The experience that I had with ClearPath Lending was 99.9% a whole lot better than what I dealt with and their people were friendly. They treated me like I was part of the family which made it easy to trust them. It didn’t feel like they were out to get you or you were being forced into anything. It was a good experience and I tell all the veterans that I know in reference to what I had to deal with and who I'm dealing with now, and they say, “Wow, it's that good?” And I tell them yes. Everybody at their customer service hit home.

The application process was easy. It was like night and day compared to what I had dealt with before. Once I started dealing with ClearPath, they told me that the lender that I had before would probably start calling me and like clockwork, they did. They wanna try to get me to come back to them but I said no. I'm done with the bad experience. ClearPath is great.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I got a third loan from ClearPath Lending. They had all the information from the past and that made the application process relatively okay. Plus, their rep, Lily, was great. I had some problem in my past loan and she got it worked out for me. She was professional and she took me from A to Z. I'm very unhappy though that mortgage companies sell my mortgage to someone else and they purchase that mortgage company. My mortgage was sold once. ClearPath Lending bought it, then they sold it to another company. I didn’t like that part. I need to find a mortgage company that’s not willing to sell me out every year. If it wasn’t for Lily, I would not refinance with them.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I would recommend ClearPath because of their loyalty program. After six months, if they can lower the interest rate, they would attempt it. They also responded more quickly than every other lender that I tried. I was trying to lower my interest rate on my mortgage. But it's still an FHA loan and it was like a three-week process. I turned in my information and they worked on it quickly. The process was easy and the loan officer was fast at responding. He also made it easy for the loan to go through.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I've been dealing with ClearPath Lending for a couple of years now. This is my fourth loan through ClearPath. I'm in a loyalty program. Their loan application process was easy. They usually call me back if there's any problem. They were also able to answer all of my questions. But when you transition over to the next loan company, you have to make sure that everything is paid beforehand. What happened was I skipped two payments, and then they sent me letters that I had missed the payment and that they put me through the credit bureau. That was kinda shaky for me. My credit is excellent so I don't wanna mess it up. But then, the check caught up to the time, so they didn't ding me for it.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

ClearPath Lending gave me very good rates and my experience with them went really smoothly. They told me exactly what they wanted, I gave it to them and things went well. Their application process was easy and took a few weeks. Plus, the loan officer was very competent and helpful. I'd tell friends to check out ClearPath Lending.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I went online and read the reviews, and I decided to try ClearPath Lending. During the refinance process, everything was step-by-step instructions and it was on point. Everything went smoothly. The rep knew what he was talking about. It made it more comfortable knowing in the beginning everything that we need to do or sign or how long we have to wait. The guy took over my other contact and it was not so much as selling the company but it was educational. He let me know what I needed to do and put me on the right path to what I need to look for so, I was pleased. It was a good experience and I would highly recommend anyone going to this. They'll make sure they can answer every question you ask even if it’s nothing and even if it’s against not signing with them.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Absolutely sick of the unsolicited mail from this company, with their lies and false promises. How does someone that has never been in the military qualify for a VA loan? Your predators and should be run out of business.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reaching out to us on this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this has cause you, and we have added your information to our Do Not Mail list. As these letters are typically sent out in advance, after about 4-6 weeks, you should no longer be receiving any mail from us.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I spoke to Omar from ClearPath and he made me feel at ease. He took care of me, and made me feel comfortable. I was very skeptical about shady stuff and he made me trust the company. The application process was also easy and quick. His assistant also reached out and let me know, if I had any questions and I couldn’t reach Omar, I could talk to her. The process was better than what I expected. I'm very happy with them. Being that I had identity theft, I'm really funny about doing stuff like that. So I would refer a friend but I would refer her or him to Omar.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I was refinancing my house and ClearPath Lending has a small interest rate. I applied and the process was very smooth. The rep was good too. He called me every Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays to make sure everything’s good and I was up to date with everything. Every question I had was answered. If not right then and there, they’d call me back later on and let me know. Everything throughout was perfect. It’s a good deal.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I got my mortgage through ClearPath as everybody else was denying me. They walked me through step by step and it was easy. They were very courteous, sweet and nice. I was satisfied with them.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I was looking to refi at the time and I was getting the runaround by a different company. The girl I dealt with from ClearPath, Lily, was on top of everything and she was phenomenal. Every part of the process was perfect and they had most of everything ready to go.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

ClearPath Lending's application process was simple and their loan officer was good. But every time he called, it was hard to hear him. I could make out what he was saying but he was more on the low end where I couldn’t hear anything.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

When I was looking for a mortgage company, I got a flier from ClearPath who was pretty persistent. The loan officer was excellent and very informative. The application was painless and it took about 30 days for me to get my check in my hands. There was no hassle or frustration. It was pretty cut and dried, just the way I liked it.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

My interest rate is high on my house and I was looking into lowering it. ClearPath didn’t lower it too much like I thought they would, but the market didn’t go up, so it’s lower than when I had it. They lowered $11 on my payment, but $11 in the long run is a lot. The guy that I worked with was right on top of things. I asked him some questions here and there, and if he didn’t have the answer, his manager did. The application process was also really good. They told me I didn’t have to do too much. They had everything in file and it was just sign here, sign there, and I was on the way. Then one thing that I liked was they said they would call me when the interest score is even lower, and I’m looking forward to that.

ClearPath Lending Company Information