Find a Mortgages partner

Little Rock, AR

3.7/5 (114 ratings)
Find a Mortgages partner
Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

About Arvest Central Mortgage Company

Arvest Central offers mortgages all over the country, with the exception of five states in the Northeast. While its services are primarily online, borrowers in select Southern and Midwestern states can work with its loan representatives in person. It offers a variety of mortgage options and personal loans.

Pros

• Several mortgage options
  • Online loans in most states
  • Personal loan officers available

Cons

• Fees for routine payment options
  • Few physical branches
  • No rates online

Bottom Line

Arvest Central provides mortgages in all but five states. It has physical branches in only four states; most of its services are online. It’s a solid option for online borrowing, but its website has no information on rates.

Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

Arvest Central Mortgage Company Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Arvest Central Mortgage Company?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Arvest Central Mortgage Company?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

My original mortgage lender sold my loan to this company, I did not choose them. The company charges $5.00 ($60.00 a year) to make online mortgage payments or even a telephone automated payment. You can sign up for an automatic payment but if you receive your paychecks other than the 1st and 15th, this option is not ideal. Your last option is to actually mail in a paper check. In the year 2020, this seems like a rather poor option. They are using these payments as a money grab. Go anywhere else if you can.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

With all the negative reviews, it surprises me that they have not been investigated for these irregularities. In an attempt to decide on re-amortizing a loan with a partial pay off, I have received incorrect information, unwillingness to provide direct extensions claiming they are not available. Incorrect answers to documents I received, which in my experience, are intentionally misleading. Also, a refusal to send terms and conditions of the agreement they expect to be signed. Instead telling me to just send in my money and fees and if I don't like it they'll return it. Wouldn't tell me where the money would be held during that time. I may have to hire an attorney to get it done.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

I asked for a payoff. They ignored the last two payments on the payoff paperwork. They don’t seem to care about their customers once they have purchased their mortgage. Is it even legal what they are doing? I do have proof of what I am reviewing.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

Arvest Central Mortgage Company purchased my Home Loan from my original lender. The process to change was incomplete and incredibly disappointing. I did not know that my loan had been purchased by Arvest until I went online to make my mortgage payment with my original lender and it would not go through. No information received by mail from Arvest! I had to google and contact Arvest to obtain a loan number in order to set up my online account with Arvest Central Mortgage Company. It took 3 months and numerous calls to Arvest to get them to sort out things on their end so I could get access to my account. I had to call every month and go through the lengthy phone circus to get to a person on the phone to make my payment. I still have never received anything in the mail with regards to mailing in a payment.

Finally after 3 months, I was able to get an IT person to fix the issue and all was good. I made 2 payments online and then this month, the online access has been locked with no one able to figure out why. Now after 2 phone circus experiences to get the issue resolved, they offered to take my payment over the phone with an additional fee. Absolutely Stupid! Why would I pay ANYTHING extra to give them my money since I am unable to mail it in or go online and make payment. Come on, you can not seriously think this is appropriate.

I actually used to bank with Arvest Bank when I lived in Tulsa Oklahoma and had to close my account when moving to Texas as there are no local branches here. I was OK hearing about Arvest buying my loan as I had good experiences with them in the past. It can not be that hard to either fix YOUR issue in the IT Department for online access or apologize for the inconvenience and waive any fees you might normally have for making payments by alternate methods.

Original review: May 4, 2020

We just refinanced. We were told the payoff was short. Gave us an amount. Called to get explanation. Got a different answer. By the time I got this settled I had been given 5 different amounts. Which I believe is still incorrect. We are so happy to get away from this company. I have sold real estate for many years and I refinanced several times. This company charges you for everything. No one there knows what they are doing.

Original review: April 22, 2020

I had a mortgage with Arvest and didn't like the fact that you have to pay extra to pay on-line. Sure, it's not bank breaking, but why are they so greedy?? I mailed my checks and they kept holding them. I knew they would eventually hold it long enough to charge a late fee (to make up for not paying the on-line fee). And they finally did it. I put the check in the mailbox on the 4th and they finally acknowledged it on the 19th (the 15th is late fee day). So it took 14 or 15 days for my check to reach them, I don't believe that for a minute. The next day I started refinance procedures with a better company. I had to still pay Arvest the next month, so I had the mail certified to be sure. They got the check in 2 days and cashed it 2 days after that.

Greedy and unethical, they definitely are not there for us that have the mortgage. After that loan was paid off, Arvest sent me a letter to let me know they had accepted the pay-off and my loan with them was done, it was worked like 'look how great we are, we let you pay-off your loan with us, we're so awesome'. Awful! Before you get a mortgage, make sure they will not be selling it off, especially if Arvest is on the list.

Original review: April 13, 2020

I refinanced my home and the original mortgage company sold my loan immediately to Arvest. Their website does not allow you to set up your payment on a bi-weekly basis. Actually, it does not let you set it up at all. When I tried calling customer support, I was on hold for over an hour without anyone answering. I tried on another day and was told to Press '1' for a call back. I did not receive a call back. Now on my 3rd day of trying to reach Arvest, I waited for 30 minutes, then again was given option to Press "1" for a call back. So far, I have not received a call back. I am very worried about this company after reading all the horrible reviews. I hope this is not the start of something bad :(. Since I did not have a choice in who the Atlantic Bay Mortgage Group sold my load to, I feel like I have been scammed.

Original review: April 9, 2020

So I have my Mortgage with them. During these hard times this is their way of helping. You can take up to a 6 month mortgage break but after 6 months you have to either pay it all back or agree to a repayment plan which runs along side your existing mortgage payments. They won't tell you what that plan would look like UNTIL the end of the possible 6 month extension. Basically they are putting the Burden Straight back onto their customer not like 99% of all the other Lenders that simply let you take a three month break and add that to the end of your mortgage end date. They obviously add the missed Interest onto your existing loan over the remaining period so you get a slight increase on the original monthly amount which is fair. I WILL BE LEAVING WHENEVER I GET THE FIRST OPPORTUNITY!!!! Shame on you.

Original review: March 24, 2020

This company is ridiculous. First of all they charge you to make a payment on THEIR website. To avoid this, I send them a payment through my bank. I refuse to pay someone to take my money and I also REFUSE to give them my banking information. Then I make payments every two weeks for budgeting purposes and they charge me a late fee because they can't figure it out. I am actually AHEAD of my payments that are due. They have the audacity to tell me that the only way I can make payments every two weeks is to be on their special program where it auto deducts every other Friday. Again tell them, "No, I'm not giving you my bank information." It really isn't hard people....

Original review: March 15, 2020

We made our normal mtg payment, their system will go into your bank account and attempt the draft every so many minutes until it is confirmed. They attempted to draft mine 4 times in one day, on a weekend, and the bank paid them twice. They overdrafted my bank account. When we called to see what was going on. They said they didn't get a response from the bank so they kept drafting. They showed they got two payments. It took 3 days to get them to return the ed extra payment, and then they sent them both back, charged us a late fee and dinged our credit report with a late payment. They would not cover any of the overdraft fees. It was all our fault. They have a canned response for every situation and it all ends up being your ** fault and costs you money.

Arvest Central Mortgage Company Company Information