1.33/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Little Rock, AR

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Arvest Central Mortgage Company Reviews

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

All the negative reviews are people who cannot manage their money or angry that their payment increased due to escrow or property taxes changing. I didn’t pick them; they bought my mortgage, but I have been nothing but happy. without any hunting or begging for information, I can see last month's payment and several months previous CLEARLY and easily in my history. They have a REAL-TIME Amortization Schedule, which shows exactly when the house will be paid off —1which changes (earlier) when larger payments are made. Been with them 3 years now, never had a problem, a “lost payment” or any other things the one-star reviewers said. If you have your mortgage on auto-pay, but change banks and therefore miss a payment, that is YOUR fault, not your lender's. I see no reason to change lenders. I like them.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

If I could give 0 stars, that would be too many. Horrible company with an inaccurate customer website, horrible customer service and predatory practices. Just last month my account showed as paid but I hadn't seen the money taken out of my bank account so I reached to Arvest to see what was going on. They didn’t get back to me for 3 days, at which time I authorized another payment. My online account then showed as paid as of Nov 19th. Yet I still wasn’t seeing it taken from my checking account. I didn’t authorize another payment because I didn’t want multiple payments going through in one month and I hadn’t heard back from Arvest about my payment. They didn’t email again until 29 Nov to say it wasn’t paid and they’d be reporting it on my credit report.

I had never paid late in 3 years and now because they couldn’t manage to properly withdraw the payment, I’ve been charged late fees and have lost 71pts on my credit report! And to top it off, when I called to ask if they’d remove the mark from my credit since I’d always paid on time, they said they wouldn’t because they’d called and emailed. This is after I’d emailed multiple times to say I live overseas so I can’t receive their calls and I just received letters from them THIS week (mid Dec) saying my Nov payment was due. This company would be a joke except there’s nothing funny about having them seriously damage my credit because of their own incompetence and lack of customer service.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Our mortgage was sold to Arvest by our builder. They do not offer bimonthly payments as a rule and if you choose to set it up there is a sign up fee and payment fee each time and they do not apply the amount each draw. They hold it back and then pay the full monthly payment which does not benefit paying down your principal balance. Avoid their services or you will be paying more money in the long run.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

If you are going to take out a mortgage with them, don't. They purchased my mortgage from someone else. Their customer service is awful. I have had to deal with them three times in five years. It reminds me of that movie "Boiler Room." They completely lack common sense. They increased my escrow. I forgot to adjust my auto pay. That is on me. They could have just informed me and told me to add it to the next payment. Instead, they put the entire payment to principal, charged me a $50 penalty, and charged for two mortgages. Rude, crass, and should not be in mortgage business.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

This company has been so horrible to deal with regarding PMI removal on my account that is at 58% loan to value. Their customer service has been great UNTIL you get to the PMI department, where they offered to do very little to correct a mistake they made 10 months ago. They have been charging me PMI for 9 months now (and counting) and are not willing to give me the money back when THEY made a mistake with not canceling it. They conveniently can't find the note I sent them with the check I sent to get the mortgage paid down. They also removed my Facebook comments letting others know to be cautious of them. After they did that, they wanted me to trust that I never sent them a letter or called regarding PMI removal. It may be in the same file as the FB comments they "accidentally" took down. This company should not be trusted. Find a different bank!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Arvest Central Mortgage Company?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Worst mortgage company I have ever dealt with. If you can get out of having a mortgage with this company don't do business with them. Terrible customer service and even worse online bill pay. Charged me twice in one month then blamed it on me saying they are at no fault. Most unhelpful and rude supervisors I have ever dealt with. Stay far away from this shady company. I'm sick. I can't work. They haven't emailed me important papers yet. I asked them for help. They told me to sell the house. They said to do a short sale. The worst customer service I ever had.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

If you can get out of having a mortgage with this company... DO IT! Terrible customer service and even worse online bill pay. Charged me twice in one month then blamed it on me saying they are at no fault. Most unhelpful and rude supervisor (Jennifer) I have ever dealt with. Stay far away from this shady company.

Original review: June 23, 2018

This company never paid my insurance, property taxes on time. I received notices and late fees assessed and had to pay out of pocket. "They never received statements from insurance or county". It was false and they never reimbursed me for the late fees accessed... I almost lost my homeowner's insurance and it affected my credit. I had my house broken into and they wanted my insurance check to set up an account and they would reimburse me for my cost... in other words they were in control of my money that I have paid on my insurance. Of course that was after 3 different phone calls and letters and each was different. I would stay away from this company. I am going to refinance with a stipulation that it will never be transferred to this crooked company. They do not have customer service, accounts payable or even a type of pay-day cash receivables. Consider yourself a pawn in this company not a customer that matters!!!

Original review: June 14, 2018

My mortgage was transferred to this company immediately following my closing. I received an email from my insurance company stating that they had not received my escrow payment and would be charging me personally. I logged onto the Arvest website to update my info, and it had my insurance company with my policy number and amount owed; it also had my escrow balance, just sitting there, not sent to the insurance company. Also, if you want to do anything besides one automatic draft each month for your payment, expect to pay "service fees."

I called and spoke to customer service, who was very polite, regarding setting up 2 automatic drafts per month. That is how I have always paid my mortgage, never been an issue. They stated that they could set it up for a $200 fee that does NOT go toward your mortgage, and a $3.50 fee for each draft. There are other payment options too, such as paying over the phone with a representative, and that will cost you a $10 fee.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Immediately after buying my house, they took over my mortgage. One year later, I lost my job and got behind a payment, but even when I got a new job, I stayed one month behind on payments for several months. During that time, and still to this day, even though I am now fully current, they call me ever three days, without fail to ask if I will be making a payment, remind me my payment will be due by the 17th, and then again, and again as a "courtesy". It was very stressful to have them insist I go through their list of questions and confirm for them everything every couple of days. Then the fees they charged for my being late... legal fees, late fees... yes those would be expected, but even after catching up, they continued charging them. They had me stressed out and one caller even told me I could only be late so many times before they took my house. Had my credit not been ruined by this, I would have already refinanced my mortgage. Awful.

Arvest Central Mortgage Company Company Information