GM Financial

GM Financial was formally known as AmeriCredit before it was acquired by the General Motors Company in 2010. The company prides itself on its strong relationship with their dealers who offer financing solutions to those who purchase automobiles.

Compare Auto Loan Companies

Research top Auto Loan Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

What I experience with GM Financial my husband purchase a Chevy Impala car. He finance with GM. He was paying his car on time. Never late on his payments. He got in an accident in the car. Was total lost. GM reported that we never paid for his car payments. That company is a greedy company. Progressive gave GM $7978.72. We had gap insurance. They gave GM $1736.96 plus $685.10. The grand total is $10400.78. GM reporting that we own $241. GM Financial got at least 90% of the funds of the loan they still reporting negative on my husband credit report. They say once you drive off the lot your car depreciate. It's not true. His car was total lost but GM Financial still was petty for $241. My advice to anyone DON'T do business with GM Financial. They will NOT work with you. No way. They just want your money. GREEDY Companies.

I have used GM Financial for my car loan. In February I was told 7 payments left on my loan. I made Feb payment and March payment so that's 7 minus 2 payments is 5 payments. After March payment they state 7 payments left. I had paid extra payments twice in past year and those don't count they said. I would NOT recommend using GM Financial at all!!

GM Financial is a HORRIBLE company. I'm leasing my 2017 GM Sierra Denali since December 27, 2016. My first payment was due on January of 2017. I had set up my Online Account with GM Financial so I can have access to my payments and they had an option to set up automatic payment with them. So I submitted my account information so that they would auto draft my payments every month but it never gave me a confirmation to see if it did set up. The next day I called and spoke to an agent to verify that I was set up for the automatic withdrawal and she said she couldn't see anything confirming my payments were set up for automatic payments but that I had another option to make a one time payments through Western Union which I would have complete control of.

To make my payments, me being new to their website I asked the Agent if she was able to walk me through it to make my one time payment through Western Union Speedpay for the month of January since she couldn't confirm it was set up for the Automatic withdraw and she told me step by step and my payment successfully went through. On the month of February my payment was due on the 28th and I guess the Automatic withdraw that I had set up through GM Financial from the beginning took effect and my payment successfully went through. The next day on March 1, 2017 they took another payment which I was completely confused why they double collected on my account.

So I called and I asked them why they had taken two payment from my account, which they had caused my bank account to overdraft and they caused other payment I had from other bills I had scheduled for the same day to not go through causing me A LOT OF DAMAGE putting me in a really bad situation! And they told me that I was set up for two Automatic withdrawals one from GM Financial and the other is called (Recurring) through Western Union. I asked the agent why was I set up for two Automatic withdrawals and she said that when I had called the month of January the Agent walked me through the steps to set up the recurring payments through Western Union when I specifically repeated myself to her that I only wanted to make a one time payment for that month since she wasn't able to confirm with me that my payments had been set up for Automatic payments through GM.

I asked to speak to a Manager/Supervisor and they transferred me to her. I spoke with her about my situation and told me that they had to get all of this situated and that they had to take full responsibility for the mistake that they made because the first Agent mislead me to set up Automatic payments with Western Union when I told her I only wanted to make a one time payment. And she told me that it was my fault for the whole situation because I was the one that set up both Automatic payments. I argued with her for a good 5 min asking for a reimbursement. She told me that the reimbursement would take up from 30-45 days and that they were not going to take responsibility of the fees that my bank added which I was completely fine with because my bank was willing to waive those fees for me.

So in order to reimburse me my money that they double collected which I had not authorized we needed to speak with my bank and talk to a representative which we did. And my bank confirmed that they did collect twice on my account and that there was nothing pending. So GM's Agent asked for my bank to fax them a statement showing both payments going through and my bank provided that information and the Supervisor stated they were going to reimburse me. I called on March 6, 2017 to confirm if they were going to reimburse me and the Agent notified me that they had declined the reimbursement and that they needed more information when my bank had already confirmed that they double collected and they caused my account to overdraft because they had taken all my money on that account...

They have given me an EXTREMELY hard time. They have all been extremely rude. They are not cooperating with me or my bank to give me my reimbursement and it's deceptive behavior from GM Financial Agents! I don't understand why this company is in business if they are not taking care of their Customers. I would NEVER recommend anyone to have a contract or make business with GM Financial!

We got financed for a car through this company in 2013. High APR. Extremely high payment. I am writing this review in the hopes that some who is inexperienced like my husband and I don't get ripped off. These people are known to be scum but since we failed to do our research before we said yes we got into an insanely unfair contract. We are financed at a 24.99% APR. I did not really understand at the time what that meant. I do now. If I could go back I would never do business with these people. I only gave the one star because I had to.

I have been a customer of GM since Aug 2016. GM has only updated credit bureau 3 times and I pay every month on time. This is now February. Not only this but looking at my credit report GM Financial is reporting account closed on Equifax an open derogatory on Transunion. When I called a representative advise this is a known issue with no estimated time to be fixed. I advised this is creating financial harm to me and all she could say is sorry. I advised my credit score dropped over 70 pts due to inaccurate information and it need to be fixed. Now she states they're working on it. There are many customer impacted by this. I asked "why have we not been notified this issue was going on" also "why is GM Financial reporting this way". They have the ability to report pay on time and open until they get this rectified but they choose to report closed an derogatory on their customers' accounts. I'm disgusted that nothing is being done about this.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GM Financial?

** as they come as a scam. 99% interest rate. BS. And they lied about it. Had a company get the car for being behind 1 payment. NEVER USE RON WARD IN HERRIN. They like this company and it's a scam especially Asia.

So I check my credit and to find out a my account has been closed. Early pay off. I called GM several times. Was told "The system got hacked and it caused thousands of customers to have incorrect info. But don't worry it will be taken care of within a few days." Week passes I noticed it still wasn't fixed. I called right away and was told that it was a error and they could send a letter which they did. I was told it should be all taken care of within the week... Um it wasn't. I called Again... Ahhhh I want to scream. Now they told me it can take up 60 Days or longer... Then had the nerve to tell me they couldn't do anything to fix the problem... Either it's a inside job or got hacked.

I want my credit fixed. They are not offering anything. They are not contacting the credit agencies. I was told by a rude employee that it will be automatically updated. Really? 4 different supervisors can't do anything but say legal department is working on it. I think it's time to call media or whoever will listen. Why they refuse to do anything but be rude. I will never use GM Financial again and right now I am so upset that I have to deal with the credit bureaus to fix the problem GM caused. I hope someone from GM reads this and calls me!!! That could help.

Paid this company their entire claim of what was submitted in a Chapter 13 of which was a 100% plan. Also have a vehicle financed with Wells Fargo and was paid the exact same way in full and received the title today. I called Americredit to see where the title is and they proceed to inform me that I still have a balance of 3000.00. The woman then says "well the courts reduced your interest rate to 4.25 percent and outside the bankruptcy you were paying 14% so we want the difference in interest which is 3000.00." Are you fricking kidding me??? I have already paid you 23,000 for a car that's not worth 2000 at this point. Is this even legal?

Why did Wells Fargo not do this as I was paying 10% outside and 4.25 in the bankruptcy. Does GM forget that the American taxpayers bailed them out and all they do is try to take advantage of people. I have even emailed corporate - this is ridiculous. The courts by law reduced the interest rate but they want their 14%. Will never ever in my lifetime do business with this company. Legalized robbery is what it is.

I checked my credit on Saturday and found that my credit had dropped 25 points. It showed that my car loan had been closed. Normally that would be a great thing... except not when it is an early payoff. It dings your credit. I did not close my account. GM Financial gave incorrect information to the credit bureaus during the week of January 21st-January 26th 2017.

The supervisor told me this happened to many people. She said all she could do was apologize and that my credit should be corrected in 30-45 days. WHAT!! Im in the process of looking at loans to buy a house. I was very upset. I asked for a letter so that I could show my loan officer. She said she would email it by the end of the day and that she would call me on Monday. SHOCKER... neither of things happened. I will never use GM Financial again and right now I am so upset that I have to deal with the credit bureaus to fix the problem GM caused. I hope someone from GM reads this and calls me!!!

I called in to make my payment and was given attitude and even up to talked ** to about prior deferments in the past almost 4 years. I verified all my account info and asked over and over to be sent to the payment line to make a car payment. I was even argued with about my phone numbers. I finally called her a ** and that was putting it nicely and the ** hung up on me. I don't think so. I will be making several formal complaint in addition to this. BBB will be one. I will be complaining to the attorney general as well as on their business license. My goal is to inconvenience them as much as they have me with their ** so called customer service agents!

This is by far the worse company to be in business, period. The fact that I have to leave a message just to get a callback is the most pathetic thing I have ever even heard of. They take their absolute time to get back to you when knowing having your vehicle is very important. The company that had my vehicle stored mentioned that they share computers and yet still took 2 weeks to get my car.

I got financed on a 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe last summer through GM because my credit wasn't all that great. For the most part, they have been OK. I noticed that there are several late payments on my credit showing that should never have been reported late. For example, it's December 19th and although my October car payment was paid in September, it is showing me as 60-90 days late. Last credit update was 12/13 so that is impossible due to the fact that I'm not even at the 60 day mark yet due to my payment date. I've already disputed the numerous false reports to my credit and am awaiting the outcome.

My husband and I have been working diligently to clean up our credit and reduce balances on all of our accounts. In November, I called GM and notified them that I would be sending a $7,000 payment and wanted my Nov. and Dec. payment taken from that and the rest applied to principal. Because of the large amount of the check, I sent it with tracking to the Phoenix, AZ address given to me by the representative and had my account noted. For some reason, it took a week to get to AZ from PA. Upon arriving in AZ GM refused to accept the FedEx envelope and FedEx returned it back to me. Took another week. I received the physical check back in hand on Dec. 8 to which I called and spoke to three different reps including a manager. I was told to process payment electronically on the website and I did so. I immediately received a payment receipt and a few days later on 12/13 my Equifax updated to reflect the lesser balance.

Last Monday 12/12, I received a call from GM stating that I was now overdue on November's payment and that December's was now due. They were calling to collect both months. I told the rep on the phone to review the account and went through the whole story with her. She said she could see the notes on the account and didn't understand why the robo-dialer had called me when clearly I had made the payments. This past weekend on 12/18 my Experian updated and sent me an alert that GM Financial had flagged my account as 30 days past due. What? How is this even possible?

This morning, robo-dialer from GM calls me again. I told the rep get me a manager immediately. She proceeds to tell me that my payment on the 8th was never processed as the account came back as "null". What? I checked and double checked when I entered the information. After the return of the envelope, I wanted to ensure this went through. The receipt also shows that the last four of the account #'s matched the account I paid it with. After confirming that the money was not retrieved from my account, I called GM again. I spoke to another manager and again went through the whole story. She echoed that the payment had not gone through for a null account. I asked her to read the history of my account, that I had been trying to pay them $7000 for a month now.

I told her I was unsure how this account which is a valid account with plenty in it to cover was showing null and asked to make payment right then and there over the phone to ensure accuracy and thorough transmittal. I asked that the late fee they charged me be waived because it was no fault of my own that they returned the payment. I also asked that the hit on my credit be removed because it was inaccurate. She agreed to removed the late fee, but told me she would not remove the fee to pay by phone. She also told me that she would not/could not update my credit as it's "my fault" I didn't make the payment. At this point I was livid. I unloaded on this woman like I've never unloaded on anyone in my life. I have been trying to pay them 7 thousand dollars for a month and they've made this nothing short of a nightmare and now have damaged my credit by reporting false information.

Naturally, this is in dispute and I have all the proof to back it up. I should note, that my husband also has an account with GM and he paid them $10000 only to have it returned! That is $17,000 in the course of the month that we have been trying to pay collectively! His just came back Friday and he submitted it electronically as well. They are a dirty greedy company and I cannot wait til the day I am out from under them. I highly suggest never subjecting yourself to their crookedness and DO NOT get financed through this company!

I got financed through GM Financial and I do not have any bad comments about this company. They got me approved when no one else would, for a 2012 Camaro for $16,000 with 8% interest. Although, it may not be the best interest rate around, I can't complain when I have bad credit. I've always made every payment on time and never missed a payment. Anytime I have to call GM, the customer representative is always friendly and helpful.

I lost my job due to my department being laid off. I made payments to my loan as I went along whenever I could. Right before August 14th 2016 I made a payment with a rep who assured me this would clear me for the month. My mom also made a full payment as a birthday gift to me. The day before my birthday I woke up to go to work and found out they had repossessed my car and towed it to a different state several hours away. I sorted everything out after hours of waiting on hold, calling, and waiting for call backs. However when I went to pick up my car I found out the driver ripped my front bumper off.

I called only to get the run around for weeks then finally spoke to the manager Advanced Financial Services Towing in Sayresville NJ. When I did he got defensive, called me out of my name and told me to have an attorney call before he hung up on me. My attorney called and he refused to take his call. I called AmeriCredit (GM) about what had happened and they refused to offer me any assistance. Although we have bank statements to prove payments were made they refuse to admit my vehicle was wrongfully repossessed. So now we have repo on credit and my insurance USAA has to pay for the damages done to my vehicle.

On May 12, 2016 GM repossessed the vehicle. The Tow Company driver used trickery to obtain the car and snatched the keys out of the car, while the other driver got into the driver's seat. As I was on the phone with customer service at GM, trying to rectify the situation, the tow truck driver pretended like he was waiting for the outcome of my conversation with customer service at GM, then suddenly without warning drove off, while the other tow truck driver, (whom is uninsured driver of my vehicle) drove away in my car. Not once did the tow truck allow me to ascertain my belongings left in the car. The only thing in the car was paperwork that was very personal, confidential, and important, i.e. Death Certificate, banking information, and other personal paperwork. They are charging me $15.00 per day from the storage on my papers.

The Tow Company said that it would have been no charge if I picked up my car there. However, because it was sent off to the auction then I would need to pay $430.00 to get my paperwork back. The many times I called GM Financial I was told to speak to someone in the Reinstatement Department and which you can only leave a voice mail message. After failed attempts to get information about my car, so I tried to access the account online, which I was blocked. I then called Customer Service again to request detailed payment and transaction on the account and the Customer Services Dept Supervisor that I spoke to told me that since I am not the account holder for the car loan, I can't get any information and I need to be my husband's Estate Administrator in order to get account details regarding loan payments made.

I explained to them that he did not have an estate and I asked to be directed to the Legal Department and they told me they did not have that information. When I finally spoke to someone in the Reinstatement Department, the representative engaged in a conversation about personal matters. I felt it was unethical and unwarranted. All reputable companies must follow some sort of code of conduct by employees and use standard business practices, which you are not to discuss with the customers personal matters. Especially, if it is not relevant to the business being conducted. I was outraged, embarrassed and humiliated by GM Financial Customer Service Department employees. GM Financial said the only way I could get the car back was to pay the entire balance owed.

I stated over the phone to your employee that I want the car back and didn't want to lose all the money my husband had put into it and had already paid GM Financial about $31,000.00. I had no choice but to use my saving in order to get the car back. Here are the following required from me in order to get back the car: Pay off entire balance in the form of either a cashier check or money order; Payment then needed to be to be cleared and updated on account; Release letter sent to Tow Company and/or Auction Company; Policies required by Tow Company and/or Auction Company, i.e. notarized form and over a 100 miles away from my home; Release from Police Department, fee involved; Property returned to me that was left in vehicle, Tow Company charge over $450 for just my documents.

I never heard of anyone being able to get a money order in amounts over $500.00 and a cashier check from the bank is as good as cash, so the process of clearing payment makes no sense and is just a way of making further delays and fees accrued. After the several days it took to just pay off the car, I needed to know when I would receive the title and the name that the title will be in, and where it will be mailed. I was told by GM employee that, they would put my husband's name on the title and it would be mailed to the address on file for the account. Clearly, this is a problem. My husband is dead, and therefore does live at the address you have on file.

After all calls and messages that I made about the paying off the car, the procedures required by me by GM Company in order for me to get the car back, the car was still transferred to sell at the auction. I did not allow any lapse of time for GM Company to believe that I would not be paying off the car, and therefore, it was unnecessary for the car to go to the auction! I feel that your GM Financial did not follow the Business Code and Practice laws, conducted unethical business practices to me. In addition, I believe that GM Financial performed predatory lending to my late husband.

Nevertheless, I am requesting the following: A detailed and itemized statement of all fees, charges, interest and balances owed; A receipt of payment that I made for $12,021.33; The Title of Vehicle mailed to my address and transferred into my name, which by California Law you are required to do, when provided the proper documentation; I want any fees, incorrect interest charged, or towing fee charge all that have occurred due to your unreasonable policies and procedures to be waived and refunded; Any over payment that I have made returned to me in a form of cashier check; The release of my paperwork from your tow company returned to me without charge.

It is now 9/15/2016 I still have not received a response to my letter requesting the above items, or have I receive the title. I have been told that the title was mailed to me twice and now I have to go to website portal that you can request the title for your car for a fee. Just greed, and something needs to be done for this company to stop conducting business in this unscrupulous manner.

Found out car they financed had been totaled. Went back to dealership with concerns. They repoed car two weeks later, auction car off, now garnishing for 12,000.00, don't know what they got at auction. They are real low and dirty, would not recommended anyone deal with them. How can you file something like that and lie to a person saying you contacted them cause it was a charge off and you still want 12,000.00 and then you say all mail was returned but you found them to garnish them. All lies, car was found to have had a duplicate title applied for so my ins. co. said the only reason for that was it had been totaled and they had to drop it!!!

They repossessed the car, sold it at an auction for a profit, underclaimed their profit from the car sale, and overstated how much I still owed them when they finally cancelled my debt and filed a 1099-C form. IRS now fines me for not claiming this cancellation of debt and counts it as an income when I do not gain anything from a cancellation of debt. Americredit made a profit and lies about it.

I leased a vehicle with GMC in 2015. I ended up paying off the vehicle in its entirety in June of 2016 (one year after I leased it). I waited for my title to be mailed out and was told the title would be mailed in July. Waited for one month and come to find out that the they had mailed out my title to Navy Federal Credit Union. I questioned several of the representatives to ask why they mailed it to Navy Federal and no on one could answer my question. I was then told that the customer service lead by the name of Victoria would look into the situation for me and call me back on Monday (This was said on Saturday).

I patiently waited on Monday and never heard from her. I then called on Tuesday and once again was told Victoria was looking into it and she would call me Wednesday. Called back today (Wednesday) and spoke with latter and Elaina Id#**. They both advised that Victoria was looking into it and she would call me back. I asked to speak with another representative and was told no that Victoria was "re-searching'. I asked what they were researching and she said she was re-searching why it was sent to navy federal.

I told her that 5 different times I've been told that the cashiers check clearly shows that my husband Fares ** is the remitter and they have all admitted that it was GMC's fault so why can't they just re-issue a new title. She said it wasn't that simple and couldn't answer my questions that all she could do is send Victoria a message letting her know she should call me and that I was very upset and I would keep calling until Ii got an answer. No one at GMC will help me. They will not let me speak to a supervisor and they won't re-issue my title. I told them I was going to submit a claim with consumer affairs and they said didn't care.

I have a car Ford Fusion and had it since 2014 and they repossessed it June 19, 2016 late evening. I'm only late for 2 months and I did payment arrangement before this incident in the amount of $629 with them but they want it to post the payment on June 30 plus a service charge of $10.00. So, in order to avoid the service fee of $10, I went ahead and paid thru my bank electronic on post dated date of 6/30/2016. I sent the e-mail to Dana ** with the confirmation but this is what she said in the email. "Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, bank bill payments are mailed to us and would not be received in the time frame required. We would need to post-date a payment over the phone for the 30th to resolve the current actions on the account."

It was so frustrating 'coz they don't have good customer service, sometimes when you call you get from Philippines or India or somewhere but not US. This lady never call me. I asked for a manager above her to contact me. Then the next thing they did was repossessed the car. I did explained to them that I'm the only one earning in the family and have to stretch my budget in paying my bills.

Traded my 07 FJ Cruiser for a brand new 16 Camry. Payment and interest is high but I was able to get a brand new car with no issues plus a 0 down. Other than that bank and experience is so-so. Planning on refinancing a few months down the line. One thing about financing through a crappy high interest bank is that they make you pay your interest upfront first before you even touch your principal. If you want to pay more on your principal loan, you have to call them and tell them you're putting it on your "principal loan" and not the interest. That's why after so many years of paying you still have so much left still on the balance. Do your research before you go on here complaining about a company to begin with. Do good on your payment and refinance with a different bank at a lower interest later down the line.

I bought a car in 2004. The car was registered as a 1999 Chevy in Oregon and I remember that the dealership I purchased the car from that they would register it. I called the Oregon DMV and they confirmed this info. I had them send me proof of this registration. About 6 months after owning the car I ran into a situation where I couldn't afford the car anymore. I called the dealership and returned the car. The person at the dealership told me that since I made every payment up until then I wouldn't be responsible for anything after that, which makes sense. I returned the car to the dealership.

In 2014, I got a notice from the IRS stating that I filed my taxes wrong and that I owed $1,396. After a lot of research I found out that Americredit reported to the IRS that they gave me a "gift" and reduced the amount I owe. I was really confused by all this so I called them and found out that they still have on record that I've owned this car since 2004. Another weird thing was that their records indicate that I owned a 2004 Chevy Malibu. I have NEVER bought a brand new car. I then asked them what address that they have on file. They told me that they have an address that I lived at over 10 years ago.

I asked them why they were the worse collection agency in history. If I owe someone money they have the magical ability to find me no matter where I live, get my current phone number (even though I never give it out and it's not on public records). I confronted the agent about the difference and she couldn't explain why the information was correct. I had them send me the contract, and yes I do agree that my signature is on it, but the information on the contract is wrong. I gave them my updated contact information and I still have yet to get a phone call, billing statement, or anything from them regarding my delinquency.

I also asked them why I would still owe this because I returned the car to the dealership after only 6 mo. They said that they were never told about that, and according to their records I still owned the car. I also checked my credit report. Nothing. There are no loans, car loans, or any company called Americredit or GM Financial. They are basically ruining my life and I have to refile my 2013 taxes and I cannot file my 2015 taxes because of this. If I file my 2015 taxes the IRS is going to take away my refund because according to them I owe money for 2013 taxes. Plus I never got a tax form from them stating that they were giving me this credit.

I'm stuck and now I need to also file bankruptcy and put them on there even though there is no record of me owing this money. These people are crooks in the worst way. All the research that I've done has led me to find out that they do this kind of thing all the time to people. These people may or may not actually have loans with them but it causes a lot of people to owe money to the IRS because they decided to give this "gift". Also Americredit didn't send this info to the IRS until June of 2014. How on God's green Earth am I supposed to know that I got this "gift" if my taxes are due by April 15. My words of advice, if you get documentation from Americredit that they bought your loan, REFINANCE immediately. This company needs to go out of business. Their business practices are not legal.

When canceling my fully paid policy in accordance with their own written policy they first refused to acknowledge my written letter and email then trying to charge me a $50 cancellation fee. When I contacted them the first guy named Russell said they did not have it, while I was reading my cancellation to him right off their own web page! Then he hung up on me. When I called back I got Elisabeth who said she would fix it so that I only owed $42. The policy was fully paid and I canceled it one day before the expiration date. I told them I was not going to pay it and she said fine they would send it to a collections company. I told them fine, I still was not going to pay it. They charge you a phony "Acquisition fee" every renewal and can't explain why. I am a 80 year old disabled veteran of 24 years service and don't need the hassle from phonies like them.

We I dealt with this company, they were called Americredit. I had one payment left on my car. I had made all payments on time. The mail got the payment to them only a couple of days late. Next thing I know, they are repossessing my car. Luckily a neighbor told me what was going on. I ran to my car but the repo guy wouldn't even let me get out my Grandson's car seat out of the car as this was the only transportation for me, my daughter and grandson. They also tried to cash the payment I sent, but since the payment was still processing, I put a stop payment on the check. They are evil people. So I had to catch the bus to work a whole year until I was able to make a down payment on a new car.

I have been a customer for 4 years. Fell behind on my payments due to hardship. Made arrangements to pay and asked for help to get me current. I was 2 months behind so I made a payment of 300.00 and would make another one in 2 weeks and they accepted it. Well my normal payments is 344.00 so I was 44.00 short. Well a week later they repossessed my car. I call and they said "you were short 44.00." So they took my car my only means of transportation. Now they want me to come up with 1,341.00 to get my car back. This company is freaking crazy. Oh and they want cash. Don't you think if I had the cash I would have made my payment. I really think they are a said name of a company and I sure hope they get what is coming to them. We are hardworking people and fell on hard times and they should not accepted my 300.00 dollars if they were going to repo my car.

My first car lease experience was with GM Financial as I leased a 2013 Chevy Traverse. We got a payoff amount over a year ago so we could qualify for a home loan. The payoff amount was sent. I had automatic withdrawal payments monthly prior to the payoff amount and was never late. Now my lease comes to an end and I get a bill for the last months payment. First they stated it looks like the "dealership made a mistake." They would contact the dealership and get back to me "on Monday."

After no return follow up over a week later as promised and long times on hold.. they tell me I owe the payment because from 'what they could tell' I missed a payment back in February 2015. I got the payoff amount in January and sent just that... No less. No one ever apologized or cared if I was satisfied with GM. I definitely would not recommend them. Not to mention I was quoted a car purchase price of approximately $16,000 at the time I paid off the remaining lease payments and now the purchase price changed to $19,600.

BUYER BEWARE! GM Financial gets a 1 only because 0 isn't an option. I recently leased my first car at a GM dealership through GM Financial. After getting the monthly payments down to where I wanted them to be I agreed to sign. What no one bothered to tell me is that the monthly payment they show you is not the monthly payment you will be making.

IN MY CASE MY MONTHLY PAYMENTS ARE $50 MORE THAN I AGREED TO. The front of the lease states in Section 13, "The total amount you will pay for official and license fees, registration, title and taxes of the term of your Lease, whether included in your scheduled payments or assessed others: $981.41". Then I got a surprise bill for over $688 on top of that. Upon calling GM Financial they claim the bill was for property taxes even though the contract clearly doesn't state that they aren't already included in the $981.41. They then pointed to fine print buried on the back of the contract that said I was responsible for property taxes. I asked why that wasn't included in the estimate on the front of the contract and got no answer.

Perhaps the most disturbing part is that they blamed me for not knowing that I would be deceived. That I should have known that what I was told wasn't true and I should've asked. They then told me I should take it up with my local tax collector. Stay away from GM Financial and perhaps GM in general. They will do anything to close a deal even if it means deceiving a buyer.

I just took out a lease with GM Financial for a new car (car dealership selected for me). I waited to receive payment information in the mail, as I wanted to set up automatic payments as soon as possible so I wouldn't have to worry about missing a payment. I set up my auto pay as soon as I received the information to do so. I've never missed a payment in my life, but logged on to my account last night, and to my surprise saw "Payment Past Due!" in bright red text.

I obviously started panicking... I thought my first payment would be automatically withdrawn from my bank account. I never received an email or phone call that I missed a payment and now I'm technically 20 days late! I just did a one-time payment using Western Union, but now I'm very upset and worried about my credit score and the interest on my loan. I guess I thought it would be common sense for a business to send a communication to their customers as soon as a payment is missed. I'm really hoping they will "forgive" this incident for me, as it was my first payment and I've never been late paying any of my bills - ever. Ugh. Not cool.

I took out a car loan with Americredit in 2002. The car was repossessed after I got laid off in 2003. The IRS just notified me I owed them money because Americredit 1099 me. Today I get a letter from State of Alabama wanting an additional 300.00 because of Americredit. I didn't even live in Alabama when that loan was taken out in 2002. I didn't move to Alabama until 2008.

I have had my auto loan through Americredit (GM Financial) since October of 2014. They have been a pleasure to do business with. I fell behind once during the past and they were quick to work with me to get me right back on track. Couldn't be happier.

I took out an Agreement with GMAC car finance in 2009. The Agreement came to an end in November 2014 but during this period GMAC failed to credit some of my payments. This has been going on now for 2 1/2 years and I've now sent 8 times proof of payments made via bank statements and financial statements. I had a debt collector who realised I'd paid and returned the case back to GMAC who later got their Solicitors involved who also realised that everything was up to date. Shoosmiths requested bank statements from 2011 to the present day when they came on board and when I told them that GMAC already had copies, I was told that under the Data Protection Act GMAC had destroyed them as they were no longer fit the purpose...WHAT. The dispute was still ongoing.

When the Debt Collector came I told him that I would be charging for my time and expenses and duly sent to GMAC a Notice of Intention to charge with interest @ 4% per month. They later de-instructed Shoosmiths and I kept receiving default letters which meant they were taking no notice of bank statements or their Solicitors. Shoosmiths admitted that they were not responding to their letters either. Got a letter at the end of November 2015 demanding payment for 4 months and fees of £350.00. Sent bank statements showing 2 payments made and pointed out that the 2 other payments they were asking for were clearly shown as received on THEIR history of payments received and I asked for a breakdown of the £350 fees as I hadn't had one. I submitted my invoice and also enclosed a copy of my Notice as I felt that if they had destroyed the bank statements they might well have destroyed that letter too.

These docs were sent by Special Delivery on the 8th December and they received it on the 9th - somebody called Dibbs signed for it. As I had been given the wrong tracking code, I re-sent them by fax thinking that Royal Mail had lost the correspondence so they have received everything twice. To date I've not heard a word back. Does this come under the Fraud Act or fraud under the Consumer Credit Act as someone has had my money. I want to write to them once more before going to my Solicitor so any advice as to what to put please would be most welcome. I've come to the end of my tether.

GM Financial Company Profile