2.67/5

Auto Warranty Expired?

GM Financial

GM Financial was formally known as AmeriCredit before it was acquired by the General Motors Company in 2010. The company prides itself on its strong relationship with their dealers who offer financing solutions to those who purchase automobiles.

419 GM Financial Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 11, 2019

Do not do business with this company. You will be sorry! If you value your credit score and like to be treated like you deserve this is not the company for you! I will never buy GM again! Please take your business elsewhere.

Original review: May 10, 2019

GM has a new take on customer service. It's the "NO SERVICE" approach! Instead of assisting their customers they ignore them. I have tried for almost a year to have a supervisor call me to discuss an error on the part of their bill pay system and have sent numerous emails to the vice president(s) of many different departments (Cheryl **, Ariel **, Darla **, and Kirk **) begging them to talk with me and they just simply don't reply. Additionally, all low level employees who do answer calls are some of the rudest and most unprofessional representatives I have encountered. I guess I can't blame them if the company policy is to provide as little service as possible.

It's sad that we have come to a day where corporations can hide behind technology, don't stand behind their products nor the failed systems they have put in to place and feel they owe no respect or resolution with their customers. I have paid my bill on or before the 7th of every month and yet one time Western Union (the company GM chose to work with to accept payments from their customers) didn't apply my payment. Now, even though I continue making payments, GM has charged me almost $200 in late fees, reported me numerous times to against my credit. I simply don't understand how they can claim an error on their and/or Western Union's part is held against me and my credit. I would NEVER even consider buying GM again! Not necessarily because of the performance of their vehicles but certainly I would not do business with a company that feels no accountability, respect, gratitude or kindness towards their customers.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 3, 2019

So last July 2018 I purchased a 2018 Chevy Cruze RS from a local GM dealer that I had purchased from before. I was approved and financed through GM Financial. The interest rate wasn't too bad but every time that I have a question there is always a runaround answer for it. Today was the icing on the cake. I sent Brittini an AGENT for GM Financial a chat message on the GM Financial app asking about having a co-signer removed from my loan. She stated you will only be able to do that by refinancing the loan with a bank or credit union.

I said, "Even though I am financed through GM Financial already I can't refinance with you?" Brittini said, "Nope we aren't a bank, we're just a financial institution..." Whattttt??? So if you aren't a bank how in the love did you lend me money for a car loan?! Now it all makes sense how the car lot got me approved for an amount on a car that is now $15,000.00 negative equity! These people are crooks and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone! Now here I am stuck with a car that's worth $14,000.00 and I owe $32,000.00!!! Good Job at putting the screwing to hard working people!! GM Financial, SUCKS!

Original review: May 3, 2019

Today the repo man came and took my truck. I agreed to a deferment agreement that bumped two late payments to the end of my loan. My next payment, due on 4/23 I paid today, 5/3 which is my payday. I wake in the middle of the night to the repo man hooking onto my truck. A repo for a 9 day late payment??? Stay away from GM FINANCIAL at all costs!!!

Original review: May 1, 2019

I have had nothing but problems with them since day one. Now they have cashed two car payment this month totaling up to almost 900 dollars and are trying to act like they can’t hunt down the checks and add it to my account. But yet I faxed them the copies from the bank and even has a screen capture of where they cashed it and I keep getting the same replies, "Someone will contact you back in a couple business days". Yet I’m just waiting in limbo land with my car payment saying past due. Ridiculous. I don’t have time to stress about this anymore in a high risk pregnancy so it’s gotten to the point of hiring an attorney. Also I have spoke to several different managers, etc. They said the payment department is backed up and also have hung up on me several times.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GM Financial?

Original review: April 30, 2019

I paid off my loan with this company within 1 year. Never late. Actually always paid more than the monthly payment amount. When it came time to send Lien Release letter I got the complete run around. The first told me that they sent it electronically, that wasn't true because my state doesn't accept it this way, second person I spoke with told me they were sending it. It was canceled and but didn't know why but would check and call me back. Guess what. Never happened. Third time I reached out to them I was told I could go to the website and request it myself but there would be a twenty three dollar fee attached.

So this when I lost it ask for a supervisor never came to the phone to speak with me had rep to provide me with instruction to getting from website with a coupon to waive fee, but failed to give really good instruction as when I tried to obtain it they couldn't fine my account had to wait until I was able to speak to support team to get correct instruction. So I finally got it ordered haven't received it yet though should be by May 9th. I really believe they never ordered it and when they found out they couldn't send it electronically they just said, "Oh well ** it." This company is horrible and I will never do business with them again. I have GM credit card and I refuse to use it and my ex-husband retired from GM. Not a great supporter of them.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I purchased a brand new vehicle and have been a GM Financial customer for the past 7 years and the first 6 were great. The last year has been impossible in dealing with them. I became unemployed in June of 2018. I struggled to stay up on my automotive loan with them but always managed to make my payment even if it was a month or 2 late. In February of 2019 my loan matured but I still owed money on it due to past due late payments and the deferments that I had used. GM Financial told me that once the past due payments up until February were paid, I would be able to do a rescheduling for the remaining payments... That is where the trouble all started with them. I called in mid March of 2018 to start the rescheduling process for the remaining balance of the loan. The gentleman I spoke with walked me through the process very easily and told me what I needed to know and do.

He mentioned that I would be receiving an email within a few days to complete the process... something that he didn't stress was vitally important to the process. And he mentioned that if I didn't get it to be back in contact with them. I asked him what else I needed to do and he said just make your payment which will be due in May and you will be fine. Flash forward now to Friday, April 26th. I came out from work and found out that my truck was gone. I immediately called GM Financial to ask them if they had any information from them on it. They informed me that they has come and repossessed the truck. The information that they gave me was because they said they had emailed me the final paperwork on the rescheduling that I was supposed to fill out and send back to them to complete setting it up... something that was never explained to me that I needed to do.

The rep that I spoke with about my rescheduling had never mentioned this to me during our conversation... In fact he made it sound like that I had done everything I had needed to do to complete it. As this was after 5:30 on a Friday, of course there was no one I could speak within their recovery department, GM Financial's customer service gave me their direct phone number to the department and said they will be in on Saturday from 9-1 Central time so I figured I will speak with tomorrow. Of course I was misinformed (which isn't the first time this has happened with GM Financial at all), they were not in on Saturday so I went the whole weekend without being able to speak with anyone about all of this.

So on Monday April 29TH, I finally got to speak with their recovery department. Right off the bat I asked to speak with a supervisor. I was placed on hold for about 10 minutes when someone picked up that wasn't a supervisor, so I was placed on hold again. I waited a few minutes and the next person that picked up wasn't a supervisor either. Finally when I got to speak with one, she was listening in on the conversation that I was having with the third representative. I explained to her that in no time during the process of setting up the rescheduling was I told that I needed to complete paperwork and fill it out to finish the process. She said well you should have read the email we sent you. Well guess what? There was no email from GM Financial...

I checked all my emails all the way back to the beginning of March in all my folders and not a single email was in any of them. Which then she turned the conversation on me saying how it was my responsibility to get in contact with them since I didn't receive an email from them. I responded with, "Had your people explained the urgency and seriousness of said email, I certainly would have." I also explained that their rep made it seem like everything was already taken care of and that I did not need to do anything else on my end. The GM Financial supervisor said that they have tried to contact me about it... Of course when they leave a message they don't tell you who they are, they just leave the caller's name and a phone number with no detail on any of the message (something I was told by them that they are not allowed to do in a collection call).

In fact after looking at my phone records, the last time they contacted me was on April 19th (a full week before taking my vehicle). She also said that from what she saw on her end that GM Financial had done nothing wrong and made no mistakes and the only option for me was to pay off the total remaining balance on the loan plus the repossession, tow and storage fees. I tried to reason with them and said that they shouldn't have taken my vehicle since I was never told all the specifics of the email, that I never received, and that it wasn't my job to ensure that their people are doing their jobs correctly, that there should be another solution to this problem since they wrongfully repossessed my vehicle. I even made the comment to them that "so let me get this straight, I screw up on my end of the deal and you guys take my vehicle. You screw up on your end of the deal and you take my vehicle... doesn't seem real fair to me."

She reiterated again that GM Financial had not made a mistake and that the only option was to make the recovery payment and that was it. I am so glad that after some cashing in on some favors, was able to come up with the money to save my vehicle. Never, never, never will I be doing business with GM Financial ever again and would recommend that to anyone that will listen. It is almost like they deliberately put me into a situation where they would be able to repossess my vehicle and feel like they cheated me out of my rescheduling agreement and more money in doing this. Caveat emptor when it comes to dealing with these crooks!!! If it were possible to rate them 0 stars I would have but you have to give them a minimum 1 star rating.

Original review: April 29, 2019

GM Financial is the worst credit service I've went through financing my second car. I always used credit acceptance. The company repoed my 2017 Malibu car after I paid them already, lower my credit score and not only that they don't care about their customers. Even when the government shut down with financial issues they didnt care. Never go through them! I repeat don't do it to yourself! Now I dont have my car, & have to pay over almost 3,000 thousand dollars.

Original review: April 28, 2019

I had a GM Financial lease on a 2016 Silverado that I traded in on a 2019 Ram in July 2018. The GM lease was paid in full and the account closed at that time. 6 months later I got a credit alert that there was a delinquency placed on all 3 of my bureau reports. Turns out that GM Financial received a personal property tax bill for the vehicle I no longer had, they never contacted me, never sent a bill.

THEY REOPENED A CLOSED ACCOUNT and put a 30 day late mark on my credit as if this was a monthly payment that I didn’t make. They refuse to correct their mistake and they don’t care. Don’t let this happen to you. The best way to protect yourself from these unscrupulous people is DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH GM FINANCIAL OR GM!!!!

Original review: April 25, 2019

Long story short I used the pay by phone Western Union GM service to make my payment because it was the due date of my bill and I slipped up and didn't send my check two days before. The agent who took my payment entered my account info incorrectly and my payment didn't process. I found this out two weeks later. Several calls to GM to speak to a manager or supervisor about this and no luck. They kept offering to have somebody call me back and still no luck. It has now been 5 calls unreturned and I would like to know how a trained agent could mishandle such sensitive info and not reach out to me for 2 weeks. Also how 5 phone calls could go unanswered and unresolved. We're 4 months into a 48 month relationship and already I feel unsatisfied and neglected that I probably would never purchase from GM again.

Original review: April 25, 2019

When I got this loan in April 2017 I put it on auto pay. Everything went fine until April 2018 when GM decided on its own to take auto pay off. When I received a call about my payment being late, I went nuts! Several calls and emails have got me nowhere. If anyone else has had this problem please contact me as we are about to file suit. These people are thieves.

Original review: April 24, 2019

My husband and I have a joint account that was a total loss back 9 months ago. I was told I was getting a refund back. After about 3 months of nothing I called and found out I owed something. Never received a bill. I called back after and they said I now didn't owe anything. Turns out I check my credit score and there was hit to my score for a late payment from GM. Never was I ever sent a bill. I called numerous times, no one ever has any answers they just keep transferring you to someone just as clueless as the person before. They can't even find our joint account under my social, it's only on my husband's but yet it's only my credit score that is affected.

Now 9 months later I call yet again only for them to tell me they will send me a bill in the mail. No idea what it's for and/or why it's owed. I was told that I should have called the first time and said something about my credit score and the reason it's on there is because I didn't pay my bill. WELL OF COURSE!!! I didn't get BILL to PAY!!! I am furious with GM Financial. My credit score has taken a huge hit from it and they don't even care to help a customer that has had numerous vehicles leased through them! ! Our next vehicles we will stay clear of GM. They have no clue about what goes on with their customers and such poor customer service. How can you send something to a credit bureau when you can't even send a bill to the customer??!?! I wish I could have given zero stars.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I leased a 2017 Sierra in April 2017 in CT. In June 2018 I moved to a new CT address. I called to ask what I needed to do to get the registration updated. The girl I spoke to that day told me she could update it on my account. When I pointed out that didn’t count as updating the registration she told me I had to wait until the renewal was due because it didn’t matter as long as I didn't move to a different state. I recently moved to Rhode Island and contact them again on March 29 to ask what I needed to get to get my registration transferred to Rhode Island and that my CT registration is expiring 4/20/2019. I was told to send a fax and include my name, VIN and insurance info and say I moved to R.I. I got a call from a Miya saying I needed to be more specific on the fax, so I resent it with all the requirements listed on the R.I. DMV site.

I called a couple of days later to ask if they sent out what I needed and was told by a Necollette, it would take 24-48 hours. I waited three more days and contacted them again, this time I was told someone tried to contact me because it wasn’t legible. No one tried to contact me after the second time I sent it. This guy’s name was Luz. He told me Miya tried to contact me. I said I already spoke to her and sent it again. So I faxed it AGAIN. I called again and spoke to a girl who did verify they received it but I didn’t include the contact info to the R.I. DMV. So I faxed ANOTHER copy with the DMVs phone number and fax number. She told me to check back Thursday.

I used the online chat today, 4/18, and spoke to a TK who said my documents were mailed. I asked if they were overnighted, he said no they were sent regular mail today. My registration expires THIS Saturday. I can’t get a VIN check until I have a copy of the title. I can’t get it registered without a VIN check or the rest of the documents, so as of Saturday I will not have a legal vehicle to drive. NEVER USING GM FINANCIAL AGAIN.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I will never buy another General Motors product ever in my life nor will my family nor will my friends because of the experience I've had in dealing with the nightmare of not getting a title when my car was paid off with them.

Original review: April 17, 2019

Do not take a car loan with this company when you pay on time they don't report to the Credit Agencies. But the minute you're late they will report you. Their excuse was they were having problems with their system so they couldn't report for a while. Lies. They are dishonest and are quick to hurt your credit score.

Original review: April 14, 2019

I recently turned in a 2016 Chevy Volt at Lease end. The disposition fee on the lease contract says, "Unless this fee is waived under item 23 (t)". Item 23 (t) reads, "Disposition Fee Waiver: The item 4A Disposition Fee will be waived if you purchase or lease a new General Motors vehicle when this lease ends." I was charged a disposition fee of $395 + $34.95 tax on the fee at end of lease of my former 2016 Chevy Volt. I replaced my 2016 Chevy Volt with a 2019 Chevy Volt. I purchased this new Volt 36 days prior to my lease end because Volts are now difficult to find. GM Financial told me that it must have been bought or purchased within ten days of lease end. This clearly is against the spirit of the policy as my replacement vehicle was a GM vehicle. The contract did not specify "within ten days". The purpose of the fee is to encourage the consumer to continue buying GM products. I did. I will be taking GM Financial to small claims court.

Original review: April 10, 2019

We have been GM Financial customers for many years and have an A1 Excellent credit rating in the 800s. That was until the last few months when GM Financial ruined our rating! We turned in our lease in November and leased another GM vehicle at the same time. They told us to check back with them in 3-4 weeks to see when the final lease end invoice would be ready. I called 3 weeks later in December and was told they are behind in the lease end department and to call back in January. I called in January 2 times and still nothing... I called back again in February with the same response... the lease end final invoice was still not calculated and every person I spoke to kept assuring me it would be another week or two. In the meantime, in February, they then proceeded to report me to all 3 credit bureaus for missed payments and delinquent accounts! How can we pay an invoice that has not even been generated yet!

I called GM Financial and my dealership manager, they kept apologizing and stating they are having issues with their lease-end billing department and that they would have the delinquent account notices removed. March 1st and their billing department reported me AGAIN to all 3 bureaus and STILL NO FINAL INVOICE from GM! This has gone on every few days calling and emailing back and forth with managers, department employees, etc, all telling me something different. At the end of March I get the Invoice for the first time and lo and behold it is WRONG! They overcharged me for Sales tax that was already paid up front. (No breakdown of what the total is broken down into, so I have no idea what was tax and what was payments, mileage overage, nothing).

I call them and now I have to wait another 2 weeks into April to get a corrected total (in letter form, not invoice form again with no breakdown). And AGAIN on April 5th they reported me to all 3 credit bureaus for delinquent account AGAIN! They have caused my credit score to drop from the low 800s to the mid 600s and I am furious! I called AGAIN to find out why when they said they were taking OFF the delinquent account notices... that they keep reporting them over and over again Every Month! Their answer... "Sorry our system does it automatically till your account is paid and closed." I will NEVER buy a GM Car again just on PRINCIPAL! DO NOT USE GM FINANCIAL! EVER!

Original review: April 8, 2019

They may have fixed it by now but their broken autopay system failed to take payments out even though I had scheduled them, and then damaged my credit score. I tried to contact support about it and they denied that I had ever tried to set up autopay before the incident. I assume it's not in their records because their autopay system was broken and didn't actually work. They DO NOT care about their customers. Stay away.

Original review: April 8, 2019

Never received a final bill. Was alerted by credit bureau stating I was "delinquent," putting a stain on my exceptional credit history. Paid it via phone asap w/o seeing a bill. Four calls later no bill. Last call they apologized and said they would "expedite" it to me and nothing. If I could give a zero, I would. Very disappointed and frustrated. The reason I need the bill, as explained to them is because on my way to turn in my lease for the new lease, I was hit from behind. Therefore, the money that I paid was due to the damage of an accident (no fault of mine). I NEED the bill to forward to the other driver's insurance to get reimbursed. GM Financial, PLEASE HAVE A LITTLE CONSIDERATION and send me the bill. J. **

Original review: April 5, 2019

I leased a Cadillac ATS 3 years ago, This car has been a nightmare from the beginning. We had taken the car into the dealership multiple times for a defective air conditioner which would blow 100+ Degrees on the driver's side and 60 Degrees on the passenger side. Well in 3 years Boulevard Cadillac, Long Beach, Ca. was never able to fix, We were told that they could not find the problem, to the point of the sales manager saying that he would get us out of the vehicle (Lemon Law). Well as you can guess that never happened! So after 3 years of dealing with a defective air conditioner and Boulevard Cadillac failure to fix, we turned the car in. As you all know the dealership tried and tried to get us to lease another vehicle from them. (I Think Not).

So a month after turning the car in we get a final bill. Over $1000.00 Dollars, $400.00+ for wear and tear, Car only had 20,000 miles on a 36,000-mile allotment. Car looked brand new, but no problem with this charge (I was aware), (No Lie). Now here is the kicker, $595.00 dollars for a disposition fee, (What?) So in reaching out to GMF, they informed me that if I did not purchase a vehicle or lease another GM Vehicle I would be charged the 595.00 dollars disposition charge per the contract I signed, (Shame on Me) for not taking the dang contract home and reading it for a week and have my attorney read it as well, before signing.

Why would the financial officer not disclose this in the signing of the contract in the financial office. (Absolute No Disclosure). The only reason that comes to my mind is (Fraud) they know that you would never agree to this, so they have a ploy of intentional perversion of truth in order to induce another to part with something of value or to surrender a legal right. So after calling GM Financial to inquire about this, they hardly wanted to talk to me (Well you signed the contact, You should of read it.) We all know that No one reads that contract that goes on for a mile. (Shame on Us). I learn my lesson, I will never buy another GM Vehicle again or deal with GM Financial again (Never).

So buyer beware of Boulevard Cadillac Long Beach, Ca. and GM Financial. They practice FRAUD for failure to require their financial management teams to follow a mandatory disclosure of ALL and I repeat ALL FEEs when purchasing or leasing a vehicle. We all know that these two companies will say in the end "You Signed the Contract" "You Should of read it", I get that, but why the deceit? Ask yourself, should I be concerned? P.S. I paid my final bill of over $1000.00 Dollars and will never again buy a GM product! And to show them that there is always other options I went out and bought my Wife a New HONDA, which by the way blow my ATS Cadillac away!

Take that GM Financial and Boulevard Cadillac Long Beach. Maybe this might help future buyers of GM products to think twice before buying a GM product. GM does not have your best interest in mind, only how much money they can take from you and me and put into their corporate pockets! Buyers Beware!!! But the saddest thing is I am an American and would of loved to buy an American Product. Is GM the enemy. I think so, what do you think? (Shame on Them).

Original review: March 29, 2019

Trash. Final bill never sent to my home, had to call to get amount after turning it in. Rush a check to them so it could be satisfied on time. Vehicle transmission failed 75% of the way through the lease, disposition fee still charged because I didn't buy it. I'll just go ahead and say, not again. Not ever.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I was paying my truck on the app and used my routing and account number off the check for the account and somehow they took it from an account that they shouldn't have any knowledge of. They try to blame me but I don't even have a checkbook for the account they used. Stay away for GM Financial and GM.

Original review: March 28, 2019

My Girlfriend got approved for a loan at 14% interest rate. A loan officer gave her attitude about verifying her income. My girlfriend gave her the information, yet the loan officer threatened she could lose her truck, the officer never called the # my Girlfriend gave her to verify, but tried saying she did but no one responded?? Well my Girlfriend got her bank PCM to approve her at 5.5% & didn't even have GMC for a month. So thank you for your horrible customer service, otherwise she would be stuck with your horrible interest rate too!

Original review: March 27, 2019

A local dealership bought out my lease that was financed through GM Financial. Something was messed up in this transaction between the dealership and GMF that caused me to continue to be charged for a vehicle I no longer owned. I heard several different stories about what happened to my money, from it being applied to the wrong account, to it being sent to the wrong address. However, none of this should have affected me in the first place because I no longer had this vehicle. They continued to blame the dealership, not take responsibility and would not refund me for 3 months. I spent hours on the phone and didn't get resolution until I complained to the BBB and my state's attorney general. I've never experienced such horrific customer service in my life and I would highly recommend NOT using GMF for any reason.

Original review: March 27, 2019

Falsely reported delinquent account. They admitted over the phone that it was in error but haven't fixed it yet. My credit score was affected. I paid in full before due date. Now even my credit cards want to lower limit. I can't understand how or why they reported as delinquent even though my balance was ALWAYS paid in full and on time.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I bought a Camaro in 2016 with zero interest thru this institution. Everything seemed perfect. No issues. Suddenly I start seeing a banner in my account saying that they know about my bankruptcy. I freak out thinking someone stole my identity or there's an error, I call my lawyer who looked up me up in the national database of bankruptcies and obviously I'm not in it. I have 800+ credit score so I take this serious. I call customer service and they assure me I'm good and I'm still 2 months ahead on my payments.

Month later I stopped receiving statements and still not a single statement. I still see the banner on my account today. I submitted 3 support requests thru their system and still haven't answered me. As a software engineer something tells me they're dealing with database changes or upgrades but normally you don't turn off the old one until the new one is up and running and QA have been performed. I'm worried they dropped the ball and are secretly trying to fix it. Having no interest is nice but I'm about to go a real bank where this amateur shenanigans don't occur.

Original review: March 19, 2019

The Repo Guy came to take my car today!! Noooo statement in the mail, we were being automatically withdrawn from my bank for 3 years!! NO ONE got in touch with us by mail or email that our automated withdraws were cancelled, they try to say they didn't cancel them so then without ANY notice a repo guy showed up, and was VERY KIND, told him our credit score was OUTSTANDING, he shook his head and said this isn't the first time GM has done this. FRAUDING CUSTOMERS IS WRONG AND THEY SHOULD HAVE CHARGES PUT ON THEM.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I was close to the end of my lease so I took it to the dealer and turned it in and leased a new vehicle. It was 1/18/19 that I did this. On 1/23/19 the dealership sent a full payment check with all needed information attached to the check to GM Financial. GM Financial cashed the check. The vehicle I turned in was inspected on 2/11/19 and sold the next day. It is now 3/19/19 and GM Financial shows me past due on the full amount. I called them and they said they have no record of the payment that the dealer probably put the wrong account number or didn't put any account number on the check. I told them they attached all the information to the check. I was basically told that they usually remove any attachments and dispose of them and only handle the checks.

First I asked them why they cashed a check that they didn't know what account it's for. They said they always do and it goes into an account and if there's a dispute they track it down and remove it from this account. Second I asked them if it was normal for their employees to be lazy and not write the needed information from attachments onto the check if missing. They basically blew off the question. I have had my dealership send a copy of the check and needed information to them. I am still waiting for them to correct this. I never had this problem with Ford or anyone else I leased thru other than GM. And going back to the inspection, I was told it can take up to 90 days to find anything out about the inspection.

Original review: March 19, 2019

These people are really not good, I have a vehicle that I am paying and I send it online through the app GM Financial and I did with my bank account and I received a call that they didn’t get the payment, I gave it since the beginning of the month and now they tell me I didn’t do it. I have an email confirmation and number that it was processed and now they are telling me they want me to voluntarily surrender my vehicle, this is the worst financial ever.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I am on my first lease with GM Financial. I don’t remember having problems with the first lease I had (Capital One), but this second time has been a doozy. They keep “upgrading” their billing system, every few months, which results in changing my address back to my old address or not mailing me a bill, or putting my husband’s name on the account. Moving was a complete nightmare with this lease. Couldn’t seem to update my address despite multiple notifications online, in writing, and over the phone. As another reviewer mentioned, it took the better part of a year to get the limited power of attorney to change the car’s registration.

I wrote emails that I needed assistance, made several phone calls, sat on hold for an hour every time. People promised me to “check on what was going on and call,” but despite having 4 people promise that, no one ever folllowed through. Fortunately the DMV employees were actually really helpful, otherwise it never would have ended. GMF said they would let me know when they received the new registration. They never did. So I had no copy, even though I had the car and was driving it. It’s sad when you have worse customer service than the DMV! But as several people mentioned, it’s the condescending attitude that is intolerable. They are totally incompetent and not conscientious, but I’M the idiot. Definitely won’t use them again. And after reading these reviews, I’m terrified of the turn in process on my lease.

GM Financial Company Information