1.06/5

Auto Warranty Expired?

GM Financial

GM Financial was formally known as AmeriCredit before it was acquired by the General Motors Company in 2010. The company prides itself on its strong relationship with their dealers who offer financing solutions to those who purchase automobiles.

334 GM Financial Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

We financed our 2009 Mercedes Benz C class with Americredit/GM Financial and completely regret it. I suggest to anyone buying a car or SUV at a dealership if the finance manager tells you that GM is the best deal, walk away because they will ruin your credit score. We had sold our Mercedes Benz in March 2018 and it was paid off. It is now Oct and GM has reported to all three credit bureaus that our account is delinquent and we were late on the payment although GM stated on the phone to me that they were paid in full. They reported us late on March, April and Sept 2018 on a car that we paid off. My score has taken such a hit I am unsure how it will recover. I have filed disputes with all three credit bureaus and believe that GM financial needs to be investigated for fraudulent practices.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

In July my wife and I bought a new Traverse and turned in our lease 4 months early. While that day we canceled payments coming from our account. They still took our payment out. We have been battling to get our money back for 4 months. 4 months. 12 phone calls with reps and managers telling us, "Oh we just approved it. It will be sent out" to "We have no idea where you got your Info." The managers are total ** and tell you, "We will dig into it and call you back in 24 to 48 hours." Still waiting on that call a week later with multiple calls to the manager voicemail not returning calls at all. My whole family has been with GM and retired from them. After this I'm done with GM and will be switching to Chrysler. Thanks a lot GM for the great service...not.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

GM Financial has zero concept on customer relations and accountability. They assess fees and penalties (F&P) on your account, even when the issue falls on their garbage website. They account for F&P and continue to increase your payment or monthly bill because they refuse to acknowledge the mistake. GM Financial RAN my credit report nine times, NINE TIMES before accepting me as a customer. These were all HARD inquiries on my credit report that I couldn't clear up. The customer service is horrible, GM Financial is horrible, America my **. Buy foreign! I'm sure you won't run into problems like this. GAUGING customers. Feel Proud GM!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

Do not finance through GM! I sent my payment and it cleared my bank. I received a phone call saying my account was past due. I called my bank and because GM changes your check into an electronic payment I did not get my check back. I have spent 2 hours trying to solve the problem with no help from GM customer service reps, who are incompetent. I will refinance this loan and get away from these people. I have been a GM person for years, not anymore - credit union only from now on, and Ford Motor Co.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Incorrect posting of payment and taxes. The incompetence continues at GM Financial/ACAR Leasing. This has got to be the worst financial company in the USA. From their systems to website to the way they process things is all sub-par. I will NEVER... NEVER finance or lease another vehicle from GM Financial. Neither will my kids and I share my stories with any friends or family that are willing to listen.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GM Financial?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I made a double payment by mistake (online) so I called GM and explained it to the customer service person. He said "Oh I've made that mistake also and what you do is have your bank stop payment on the 2nd one" which I did. The bank did the research, found it valid and stopped the payment. The next month I logged in to do a payment and it was refused without a reason being given. I called customer service and was told they outsource their payment system to Western Union and I would have to contact them. I asked for the person's supervisor and got the same "We can't help you". I'm GM's customer and they won't help me with a legitimate problem. GM has lost a customer for good and I would suggest going to another source next time you lease or buy a car and make sure they DO NOT outsource to Western Union since they have one of the worst websites on the web for payment processing.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I just got a call saying, I did not pay my bill last month. I always pay before my due date online. Last month when I called they said the bank # is incorrect. I explained it was the same number I have had for 40-50 yrs. The person looked at my records and saw that this is right. She talked to her supervisor, and was told that this was true, and he said it was corrected, and I could make the payment right then. I did that and was assured it went through. I thought no more about it until I got a call the day I had planned to pay this month bill saying I owe 2 months and had a late fee for last month.

I called to see what was going on... last month was paid before it was due! She checked and said it was marked pd, but a few days later, that payment was cancelled because the bank # was incorrect. (This is the same number as always!) I was not made aware of this! This is the 2nd review I have sent with no answer. I called this evening to see if I could send my check yet and she said it would be fine. I have tried several times since and it says the same thing... My bank # is incorrect. It's due in a few days and I don't want my credit to be hurt!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Been in the process of getting a dispute settled on my account. First, a worker by the name of Tracey ** let my email sit in her inbox for 2 weeks before I called and she said she needed more information. Went to lengths to get exactly what she asked for and was told the dispute was settled. However, 5 days later I call back and it is still not settled! Only to speak to a supervisor to let me know they will not settle this dispute. Wasted a month of my time and causing problems with my bank! Terribly disappointed and let it be known if you are transferred to Tracey ** she will do a terrible job helping you! Best to speak to someone else.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I had Saturns for YEARS, and always had financing with GM. So when I got this Buick, I thought 'heck, sure - why not'. NEVER AGAIN. I've had nothing but problems with my lease payments. Today I asked what my options were to get out of my lease and I was transferred to "Victor" who may be in America, I admit I didn't ask. But he SOUNDED like he was in a call centre in India. And frankly, I needed to speak with someone who spoke idiomatic American English, didn't denigrate my intelligence because I'm female and gave me the basic respect of recognising my gender. When that call started I owned that I was severely frustrated, got two steps in and "Victor" said 'I need another piece of information Sir and then...' and I was done. When your company is performing so poorly that I need to talk about ending a lease early, you really really need to send me to someone that can help me, not aggravate me more.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

Worst experiences ever. Nightmare. They ruined my credit numerous times promising me my payment went through promising me there’s just a "pending payment" and that I don’t have to worry and it won’t affect my credit score. One time they were going to defer my payments and I look at my credit score and it said 60 days past due!!! The online payment system has sent me emails saying "payment made, no further action is necessary" and gave me a confirmation number then it turns out it that it didn’t go through and I got 45$ in late charges!!!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I called and spoke with Darren ID **. He had absolutely no information to provide. Kept saying, "I don't know if this correct but I'm just gonna tell you it will take 3 days." I would hate to give a company my money and be represented this way. Darren needs to be replaced.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

First of all, this is the most shady company I know. I had an experience where I was unsure how much I owed so I called GM Financial to make sure I was paying the correct amount. They gave me a number and I asked the representative multiple times if he is sure that this amount he told me is correct and he kept stating that it was. Months later, I get a notice for intent to repossess my car because my payments were behind. I was completely unaware of this. So I called GM financial and explained what happened and they even acknowledged that it was an error on their part. I soon noticed that my credit score had been tanked because of this. I have spent so long trying to get them to fix it and have yet found a resolution. Their people who answer the phones are the most incompetent ** ever. I am never going to lease a GM vehicle ever again. Terrible business practices and I will tell everyone that I can to not lease a GM car. ** pieces of **.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I received a letter dated August 8th regarding a refund I was suppose to receive from GM Financial in the amount of $3551 dollars. I have called multiple times and was told the check has been mailed by multiple employees on August 31st, but I recently called September 10th to find that the check hasn’t even been printed. I have requested this refund be processed and overnighted but the employees are refusing to send my refund overnight telling me I will receive it by September 16th. I called September 11th and the check still hasn’t been mailed so there is no way I will receive it by September 16th. So at this point they are holding my refund for no reason and it looks the refund will never be mailed. The same story they keep telling me is the accounting department is back up but I do not believe it should have taken this long nor do I believe it’s been processed because they have lied to me multiple times.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

On 5/22/15, I entered into a Lease Contract GM Financial for a 2015 Chevrolet Equinox. I received the bill for June, paid online, and enrolled in Auto Pay. On 7/21/15 I logged into my account to see if Auto Pay had taken effect or if I needed to pay the bill and saw a 0.00 balance due. When I spoke to a rep, they stated I was enrolled in Auto Pay and that no balance was due. Each month, the payment was auto deducted from my checking account on time.

I logged into my account June 2018 to plan for the end of lease, to my surprise, I owed $624+ in late payment fees. I immediately contacted customer support via live chat. I explained that I was NEVER notified of a late payment via a paper statement, email, or telephone call. I stated to the rep, that I could not access statements online - which she told me, because I was on Auto Pay, GM does not post statements online for auto-pay accounts. Therefore I had no paper statements and no online statements - how was I supposed to know I owed late fees? I've written to GM and even filed a complaint with BBB and GM responded that they will not remove the late fees. I see many of us have faced similar issues.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I returned my lease vehicle to the GM dealership on Aug. 20, 2018. Payoff was sent on Aug. 22, 2018. On August 28, 2018 I called to speak to rep. at GM Financial to ensure they received the payoff and no more auto-pays would be processed. The rep. told me they received the payoff as of Aug. 24 and the auto-pay was canceled. On Sept. 1 an auto pay was taken out of my bank account. I contacted GM again and then they informed me I was to "CANCEL" the auto pay online. Which I did. So I asked when I would get my refund and they told me 90 days.

I asked them to give me a status on the payoff and they told me they were unable to provide me with a status. I spoke to supervisor and they also were unhelpful. It is now September 10. The payoff is still pending, and I am still awaiting a refund. This has been by far the most frustrating, stressful and unprofessional experience I have ever encountered with an auto financial company. I will never buy or lease another GM vehicle ever again.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I can't say how much I hate this company. For one thing, I had repeat issues with them dinging my credit despite a perfect auto-payment history. I finally just paid off the loan so I wouldn't have to deal with GM Financial anymore. However, they wouldn't release my title to me! I called DAILY for SEVENTEEN DAYS trying to get the dang title released and overnighted. Some days, I was told there was additional paperwork to fill out and that it would be emailed to me "within four hours" (nothing they could do to speed this up, apparently). Paperwork never arrived. Next rep told me the paperwork wasn't required, and my title had been released for "processing". Two days later, next rep told me title had not been released, and that there was "some kind of hold on it". Two more days later, a rep told me again that a DIFFERENT set of paperwork was required, and that she'd "email it to me within four hours". This. Was. INFURIATING.

In the end, no paperwork on my end was ever required. Almost a month after paying off the loan, the title was finally "released for processing". They then claimed they FedExed it overnight, but couldn't provide me with a tracking number. This continued for over a week until I finally threatened to get a lawyer involved, at which point they conceded that the title had NOT been "released" or FedExed, and they didn't know why. Waited on hold for over an hour to speak to a supervisor, who magically "released" the title for me... FINALLY. It was dropped in the mail that day, but despite me providing a FedEx account number and insisting they overnight it, it was not overnighted. It was instead mailed regularly (although I was charged an exorbitant "expedition fee") and has, to this DAY, still not arrived. DO NOT EVER, EVER, EVER FINANCE THROUGH GM FINANCIAL. Absolutely terrible decision.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I made a mistake in March 2018 and paid the wrong account. Unfortunately we have several accounts with GMF and I made a payment to my sons account instead of my wife's. I called to get it corrected right away and surprisingly the customer service person I spoke to was very nice and polite and said "No problem. We will take care of it right away" (I expected her to be rude after I read all the reviews). So every month since then I called GMF and they promised me it would be taken care of and every month I get my statement and it has not been corrected. On top of that they have been charging me a late fee every month also. I have contacted GMF, GM headquarters and my salesperson where I lease my vehicles and nobody so far has been able to or willing to help me. They definitely are not there for the customer so it has to be all about the money.

Personally I like GM vehicles but I will not finance through GMF ever again and I'm not going to go through the hassle of getting a bank loan to lease a vehicle when I can go get a Ford and do the financing right there. It's all about convenience for me and GMF is not convenient at all! I would have a son give me the money and make the payment but I'm worried that if I do they will finally correct my problem and I'll have to start all over again. I thought about refinancing but same issue. Who can I call or email to get this taken care of?

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

As soon as I got my lease, I set up recurring payments on the GM FINANCIAL site. These payments have come out of my account as planned for FOUR MONTHS, and yesterday I noticed a ding on my PERFECT credit report, stating I had not been paying my lease. Upon calling GM Financial today-this is a KNOWN ISSUE-where the Recurring minimum payment amount reflects less than your contract/statement! I have all my bills on recurring payment plans & have NEVER had an issue before. When asked WHY GM Financial did not call me to try to collect the missing money ($40 each month), they said it wasn't their responsibility.

I know others have been impacted by this and they have NO FIX in place, but advised that I look at my statements going forward (I signed up for paperless statements & since this is a recurring lease payment, didn't think to look). HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE-I spoke with "Scott" and he was unable to help me in any way & said "Our IT department is aware of the issue." I have 32 more months left in the lease... so of course I have fixed the recurring payments to reflect appropriately, but WOW-I would much rather work with Toyota or Honda at this rate.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Bought a 2017 Buick, took advantage of zero finance. After one year we decided that we did not need it. So we put it up for sale taking a loss on payoff amount. We received an offer and decided to take it. We owed more than offer so waited for deposit on car. I informed the buyer of my dilemma and he said ok, figuring perhaps a few days before cleared lien payoff letter would arrive. Well I sent a cashier's check for $35,000 to them next day delivery at a cost of 49$, hoping this would along with my letter asking for quick service in sending out payoff.

Well three calls and one lie and it’s been over 15 days, now it supposed to be in the mail. Really! I’ll never after 45 years a loyal GM purchaser never buy another product, that’s over 30 car purchases. Warning. Do not use GM Financial unless you are certain that you are keeping car until it is paid off for the payoff letter takes over a month to receive, terrible company to deal with in this day and age. Thanks for nothing.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

GM Financial never processed my November payment so I was a month behind. Or so they say. But every time I made a payment was over the phone & the computer let you know what’s due. They started contacting me in April saying that I was behind. I argued but made a double payment in April anyway because I didn’t want it to affect my credit. But every week I was calling them with my bank statements to straighten it out. Finally in June a lady told me that they changed their system & my payment wasn’t processed & I was really a month ahead so don’t worry about the June payment. But in July I’m back a month behind again & they never stopped charging me late fees & still reported it on my credit report??? They are cheating people!!!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I purchased a vehicle from AMA Cars in Trevose, PA on December 27, 2017. As of March 28th, my lender (GM Financial) did not receive the title on this vehicle and I have not been able to register or drive it. We received the registration in April. However, AMA cars have not held up its end of the bargain as far as getting the check engine problem fixed and he provided a receipt of "we owe." After we filed a complaint with consumer complaint he went into action. On April 17th he called and agreed to take a look at why check engine light was on for 3 months. He told me to take it to Grand Prix Auto. I took the vehicle on April 18th at 3:00 pm. I left my vehicle and my witness came to pick me up. I kept in contact with Michael the owner of Grand Prix. He assured me he was going to fix the check engine and check on the issue.

I communicated with Mike daily, when it was time to pick up my car Mike also said I have a massive leak in the front of the engine. On the April 23rd I picked up my vehicle with an attachment of a nightmare, because Mike tried to charge me $55.00 for maintenance. When I refused, he said was not releasing my vehicle. My witness and I had to call the police to get my vehicle back, as well as call Mitch. When I contacted Mitch, he communicated with Mike to release the car and he will pay for everything. He also stated he will investigate and take care of why the check engine like is staying on.

After this ordeal it has been very difficult to get in contact with Mitch. He has been giving me the runaround. And nothing has been resolved. I contacted him today and he stated he would fix the problem. I believe it is too late. As of May 5th I had to tow my car to his dealership, because I was informed that my car died. I have a warranty that is not helpful and a dealership who sold me a vehicle that stop working after 3 1/2 to 4 month. And I know is a law against that, I am not sure where to start. Hopefully your agency can lead the way. I want to continue be proactive in my complaint filing.

I have now found the dealership and I drove the car to the location with a promise he would provide a loaner. I drove an hour to his location and no vehicle was provided. I am paying for a vehicle I cannot drive. Because it was faulty and dangerous. I almost died, because my vehicle stopped in the middle of the road. And with my belief system in Mitch who sold me the car to drive. And he assured me it was going to be okay. It left me stranded for 3 hours.

After I got my vehicle back after a month. When he returned my car on May 28th, my key fob was damaged. He had me take it to BMW to get it diagnosed and it was the shifter out of place. Because it was so expensive, he didn't want to get it fixed there. So, he agreed he would get his mechanic to fix it, it is now June 17th and the battery light is on and my car make a loud screeching noise. This was my first car and I have been hoodwinked. He had I regret I buying a vehicle from this establishment. If you do, you will be stuck paying a car note on a Lemon. And my car will night pass inspection in July. Every time I get my car back within days it breaks down again. And I back to chasing Mitch to keep up with his promise in writing that he will fix my car. It is now June 26th and he still has my vehicle. I had 12 tow incident from January 2018 until June 2018.

It is now July 2nd and my vehicle is still being held by AMA Cars. He said he is getting the vehicle fixed and he has not be communicative. I reached out to him on Friday June 30th. And he has not responded. It is now July 12th and I am still without a vehicle. And I am afraid he will not fix the vehicle correctly. At this point I am in fear of driving the vehicle if he doesn’t fix the oil leak correctly and the alternator belt along with the shifter. As of now the vehicle is now down again. And the warranty that came with the vehicle is not valid.

The issue is still ongoing. And I don’t believe it will change. The vehicle is still with the dealer. And I am not getting any resolution. As of today I am still without a vehicle it is July 25th. He is doing patchwork on the vehicle instead of getting it fixed correctly. I need to be pointed in the right direction. I want this issue resolved. He constantly make promises he doesn’t keep. His business should be cited. His practices and ethics are incorrigible. I received a violation on the 6/18/2018 on my vehicle and I didn’t have possession of my vehicle. I no longer want to do business with him or should I be responsible for a loan. I have approach him on several occasions. I am losing money due to the horrific experience with this vehicle. It is hard to make ends meet. I am losing a lot of money, I travel for work and without a vehicle I have not been able to get to my jobs.

My loan is with GM Financial Acct. #**. I want to get out from under this untenable situation but do not want to end up with a repossession on my credit file. As of now I still don’t have possession of my vehicle, because it will not pass inspection. The dealership has finally provided with a loaner that has 167000 and it is 2006 BMW. I cannot get to my jobs in certain area I travel. And my local jobs don’t cover all my expenses. I have been working closely with GM about my issue. The car is a lemon, and I believe it is beyond repair. If you repossess it you will get a broken shifter, broken key and fob and engine that leaks oil.

I can’t believe GM Financial would even work with a dealership like this. At this point I am search of legal help to seek damages and class action suit against GM Financial and AMA Cars. I am not sure what to do next. I want to be released from the loan, without a repossession. And I don’t want it to show up for as a repossession. I want to be reimbursed for all my car payments and my 2005 Beetle that I paid $7000.00 for and they only took the trade for $2000. And also for lost wages at work which was 4,000.00. I used vehicle for work. I am a traveling stylist and I need a consistent running vehicle. This vehicle has been a nightmare. He keeps giving me broken promises in writing and they are not getting fulfilled. It has impacted my finances and mental anxiety of my car constantly breaking down. I would like to sue for lost wages and mental stress. And plus the value of the car $16,000.00.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Daughter and I had loan on a car, car was vandalized and totaled out. Our insurance paid the car and there was a balance left of $1599. We realized we never filed a claim with Gap insurance so we did that and it took a little time to get a response and they said they're not paying anything because we had deferred payments which was the remaining balance. My daughter deferred 2 payments, GM is giving different answers about the balance. One customer service rep claims the 2 deferred payments count as 4, another customer service rep told me she deferred 4 payments total.

Meanwhile they reported the loan 60 days late and after trying to explain the reason we didn't make any payments (the Gap insurance issue), they refuse to withdraw the 60 day late when told I will pay the $1599 right away. I'm at my wit's end as to how to find out how many deferred payments my daughter actually made and why the total is $1599. Also want to have the 60 day late removed otherwise if that is going to sit on my credit for years to come, why should I bother paying the balance at all. On top of all of that they had me on hold 1.5 hours, I finally get someone to try to pay the balance and she tells me they will charge me money to pay the balance on the automated system, W T F??? Horrible, horrible company, would NEVER EVER, with a gun to my head, buy a car and finance through them. If anyone can help me figure out what to do, email me '**'. Thanks.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

Involved in an accident in a leased GM vehicle. Vehicle declared a total loss and promptly paid off lease by Geico insurance to GM Financial as the lienholder. All the funds were paid in one check, including the excess amount which is to be used for the down payment on a new car. GM Financial says they will be holding the funds until 60 days while it clears their "accounting department". Seriously? I will be without a car for 60 days while they take their sweet time. If I was 60 days late with my lease payment they would be sending me letters, calling me, reporting me to credit agencies, and ruining my credit. But if GM Financial is late 60 days they suffer no consequences.

This is my second leased GM vehicle. I was going to lease a third GM vehicle, but I am now seriously reconsidering this option if I have to deal with this spurious outfit again. What gives GM Financial? You promptly cashed the check from Geico weeks ago. I would expect a reasonable turnaround of 2 weeks to process, not 8. Just pay me my money now!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Leased a Chevy Cruze June 2016 in Santa Fe New Mexico under a 2 year, 30,000 mile contract for $240 a month. July 2017 my business opportunity in New Mexico went away and moved the lease car back to Illinois and tried to get the required paperwork to get Illinois License Plates. GM Financial online Messaging Service just gave incorrect information and I had to repeatedly call the service desk at 800-369-5212. The service desk kept giving me the runaround until December 2017, I finally asked for a supervisor and was able to get the paperwork I needed to Illinois license plate. I honestly believe that GM Financial did this on purpose to reduce the miles at end of lease.

During this time I prepaid my lease so that at the end of 2017, I had paid all the monthly payments. At the end of the lease I turned in the car with 25,000 miles giving GM back 5,000 on a 30,000 lease contract. A couple weeks later I get a GM Financial letter saying I owe $423.50, I was flabbergasted - so I called the GM support number 800-369-5212 and they told me the charge was because I did not get a new GM Lease or buy a GM Product and that was part of the lease contract. (I find this very deceptive - I was not aware of this clause.)

I complained that I had prepaid the lease and turned it back in with 5,000 mile less than what the lease contract allow, mostly due to the fact that I could not get the Illinois License Plate due to GM Financial lack of support. They agreed to reduce the amount to $100 and promised to send a letter and a email which I did not receive. I kept calling asking for the letter and they kept telling me that they had sent it twice. At the beginning of August 2018, I check my credit scores and find that they dipped from 825 to 803 and could not understand why until I check the details and found that GM Financial had reported to the three credit bureau that I had a one time monthly payment of $423 as of 12/31/2017. What is frustrating is that GM Financial could not have known that I was not going to renew my lease of buy a GM Product on 12/31/2017 as I still had 6 more months left on the lease.

I immediately call the GM Financial Help Desk and told them about the issue. They told me that I was always in late in my payments and to take the matter up with the credit bureau. To maintain my credit score I paid the $423 through the Western Union Call in Payment Option on Tuesday August 7th, 2018 and then called the GM Financial Help Desk again to complain this time that promised that all I owed was the $100 and on Wed August 8th, 2018 I finally got the letter and would get a $323 refund.

After I made sure my $423 Payment had cleared I called GM Financial at their Lease Loss Recovery Unit 855-719-9688 on Wed August 8th, 2018 and was told I had to wait 48 hours from my Tuesday call for a resolution. After the 48 hours was up I call again Thursday Aug 9th, 2018 to see the status, I was passed from the Lease Loss Recovery Unit to the Refund Unit only to be told that the Lease Loss Recovery Unit had not processed the refund and said that because I did not pay the $100 before Aug 1st 2018 the total reverted back to $423. After reading other review on ConsumerAffairs, I believe that these practices are part of the normal culture and business practices for GM Financial. You would do well to stay away.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

December of 2017 payments were not processed and shown late on my credit for 3 months, dropping my score significantly. Was told it was due to them changing systems and it had affected numerous individuals. July 2018, turned my lease in and leased a new vehicle with GM, received higher payment due to credit scores being lower than I showed. They, GM, agreed to give the better tier because of them being the only late payments showing on my credit. Now a month later I have received 2 letters showing they could not approve me for my lease I have been driving for a month. I WANT OUT, they can have my lease back. They have pulled my credit 5 TIMES in 1 month. Im disgusted with this company. My grandmother retired from GM years and years ago... she would be disgusted as well.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I try to make a long story short: our GMC Yukon lease ended beginning May 2018; this lease contract is signed together with a co-signee, so far. I had several calls with GM FL and received all details on how to proceed the buy off of our truck. All set on that. Went in time to the dealer, he called GM FL; all details OK at this moment. He prepared all documents, I made the full payment of the residual value, incl. sales taxes! The amount was financed, all set. The dealer sent his dealer check to GM FL, they received the check on May 10, 2018; the check was cashed just one day later May 11, 2018; I got copies of both the received check and the cashed check! You may ask why...?

I got several letters “you have to return the truck, etc. etc.” and I have to either pay the rate or extend the lease. I had several call to customer service and every time I received the same response: "WE DO NOT SEE ANY PAYMENT FROM ANY DEALER! We are sorry!" So, first payment due, second payment due and overdue and so on; the best now: NOTICE OF DEFAULT, RIGHT TO CURE, AND INTENT TO REPOSSESS! This is the second letter with that headline; I received this second letter August 3, 2018, dated August 1, 2018, showing me overdue payments, a total of more than $1,500.00 to be paid latest Sept 4, 2018, telling me on pain of penalties what will happen. These letters are issued from GM FL Collection Department!

So what can I do??? I received a letter from GM FL Recovery Department, dated August 15, 2018 confirming that “...THE ACCOUNT HAS BEEN PAID IN FULL AS OF 6/15/2018...” At least 5 weeks after GM FL cashed the check! Good news? Yes and no as I received another call just 3 days later from Customer Service, there is no payment, what do I want to do with the truck, returning or...? And now, 6 weeks later, I receive ongoing the mentioned letter, immediate call and reach finally Collection Department, and the lady could confirm that she cannot see any payment in their system (WHICH SYSTEM? There is NO system!).

At the end of a one hour call, explaining that both my co-signee and my credit history dropped extremely, the worst experience I ever had, with the information that she apologizes for all what happened (do we get a higher credit score for that?) and asked to call back this week Friday August 10, 2018. I keep you updated; any recommendation what to do, how, etc. really welcome! BTW: I did not receive any title yet; the first one GM FL sent to the dealer had to be returned by the dealer to GM FL as it was the title of my other truck (GM Silverado).

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

GM Financial has damaged my credit. From August until November of 2016, GMF reported to TransUnion, Equifax and Experian that I was "on time" with my payments for a car loan. However, GMF reported I was late in December 2016 and January 2017. For a loan supposedly opened in August 2016? Trouble is: I DID have a GMF loan in 1994 and it was paid off a decade ago! I found out the VIN for the car in question. It was involved in a California "lemon law" lawsuit! GMF was forced to take it back! But best of all: I was never in possession of the vehicle in question... EVER. I never even physically touched the vehicle in the erroneous GMF report! Plus, I never paid GMF on the loan they were reporting! This was never my loan!

The report that I was "on time" with payments was incorrect also, again, I never paid GMF on the loan they were reporting to the credit bureaus! I did and still do have a loan from a CREDIT UNION, for a car of a completely different year and manufacturer than GMF claims! I opened that one and only vehicle loan in the SPRING of 2016 with a CREDIT UNION, not GMF. I never asked GMF for a loan on my car, I applied with my Credit Union only! I have not owned two vehicles since a divorce in 2014. TransUnion has removed the erroneous GMF report from my credit report, however the other two "clown" credit bureaus refuse. GMF is of no help.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I've had a horrible experience with the UX on GM Financial. A misunderstanding on GM Financial's online billing page over the course of several months led to two bad marks on my credit score, even though I tried to pay in a timely manner and had the funds to do so. Over the course of 2-3 months, when I went to pay and finally got to the payment page, the website said my balance due was $0.00, which was confusing. I received no (zero, none, nil) communication from GM Financial that I had outstanding payments due, either by email, phone, or mail.

When I confronted customer service about this they claimed they would not remove the delinquency payments because I had other avenues to pay, which I was unaware of because GM Financial had not done their job as a company and reminded me that I had payments due. Additionally, I have had to schedule monthly payments three different times in order for it to work. Very bad website, cost me a good credit score. Leaves me with a bad taste about GM Financial and I'd be hard pressed to return to the company after my lease and I'd encourage other potential customers to choose other auto companies as well.

Original review: July 27, 2018

Watch out when leasing, GM Financial has a very high lease termination fee. I compared to other makes equal in value and they are half the amount! If it were for the fact that I waited 2 months to order this vehicle (Cadillac Escalade) I would have told GM to you know what... No upfront disclosure, wait for the order and get jammed in the F&I office. Many reasons I find GM full of themselves!!

Original review: July 27, 2018

I leased a Buick through GM but returned it to purchase a new Chevy Equinox. Both the lease and the new purchase were through GM Financial. I thought I canceled my auto pay for the leased Buick but for some reason it did not take and it took $308 from my account. I immediately contacted GM and inquired if there was a possibility to move the funds as a payment toward the new vehicle. I was told it was possible, but would take 5-7 days to process. This was 6/28/18. On 7/7/18 I called again to see what the status of the transfer was only to be told that the first rep screwed up the transfer. This rep once again told me that she would process the request and it would take 5-7 days for the payment to transfer.

My new car payment was due 7/10/18 and she said I had a 10 day grace period so that I would have plenty of time for the funds to be moved. On 7/19/18, I called yet again. This person told me that a call had been placed to my husband on 7/17/18 and that it would take 30-45 days for the payment to be moved and that I needed to make a separate payment for the new vehicle ($375). I was upset... They already had my money in another account, and it astounded me that it would take so long when we live in a digital world. I asked to speak with a manager and was, after a several minute waiting period, transferred to the "manager's" voicemail. I requested someone contact me, but never heard back.

After leaving my message, I called my husband to see if he received such phone call and he said he didn't. There was not even an unknown number on 7/17/18 (It was his work number and he answers all his calls). I left a message on GM's financial complaint website on 7/19/18 (after speaking with my husband) asking them to honor the original timeframe that I heard from not one, but two individuals, or start the 30-45 day process retroactive to my first call. RADIO SILENCE. I left another message on their complaint website on 7/24/18 and still nothing. I will never, ever do business with GM Financial again. Their customer service is horrendous.

GM Financial Company Information