Want to lower your monthly Car payment?

Find out if you qualify for lower rates!

Get Matched
  2. Finance
  3. Car Loans

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.69/5

Want to lower your monthly car payment?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

GM Financial was formally known as AmeriCredit before it was acquired by the General Motors Company in 2010. The company prides itself on its strong relationship with their dealers who offer financing solutions to those who purchase automobiles.

Want to lower your monthly Car payment?

Find out if you qualify for lower rates!

Get Matched

Want to lower your monthly car payment?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

GM Financial Reviews

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

I recently purchased a 2018 Camaro new 6 months ago and after years of employment with a company here in Pensacola was let go and had no income for a few months, knowing my situation no currently working and am getting caught up on my payment and this company has been so understanding. It's nice to see this type of business in 2019. Good job GM Financial and thank you.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

I had a 72 payment contract. I took a couple deferments over the 6 years and had a balloon payment at the end. It was more than I could pay within 30 days. I called to see if they could modify my contract. They did it without a hitch. Calculated estimated payments that were very low and sent me the new agreement. Absolutely no hassle. Over the course of the loan I had a few problems making the payments on time. But they allowed me to defer payments without any hassles. I never dinged my credit report by missing payments. Very easy to work with. Very friendly.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 20, 2019

My final thoughts would be that GM has been pretty straightforward when it came to the loan process, I knew what I was getting and what I was to pay out monthly. There wasn't much wiggle room when it came to haggling over a price because I knew what the vehicle was worth and what I could actually afford.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I have used GM financing at least three times and have been pleased with their service and products. I would use them again if I were buying/leasing a GM vehicle. I do think they can do better on the customer service side, but they are not really any worse than the other providers in the survey.

Original review: July 7, 2019

GM Financial has many different loans with many different options to pay. Depending on your credit you can get an excellent percentage loan with excellent terms for payment. Also, they have very convenient way to pay off your loan from paper billing to pay by check, auto debit card payments or direct payment withdrawal from your bank, so you will never miss a payment. Convenient and easy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GM Financial?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

It took 6 phone calls (half of which I was disconnected or transferred to a fax machine) to close out my end of lease invoice. I was billed for a disposition fee (which I was told I would not be since I leased a new GM, but jokes on me for believing a word any GM employee says). I had to jump through hoops to prove I didn't have to pay. Between incompetent GM employees and miles of red tape the whole process was a nightmare. Unfortunately I just started a new GM lease, but this is for sure my last one. Was also told at the dealership I would get a disconnect on mile-overage....again jokes on me for believing a word GM says...

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

Make sure you ask lots of questions. I turned in my lease 8,000 miles under the lease agreement and the car was well taken care of. No damage. Still got a bill for $395 and they will not waive it because I didn’t buy another new car or lease one from them. At no point was this explained I would have a bill. Or in any of the letters I was getting 1-2 a month for the last year about my lease coming to an end. They have blocked me on Facebook because I was warning people to have buyer beware or use anyone else. Had other leases and never had a fee for turning in my car before. Will never use these guys again. Lost a customer for life over $400 and they do not care.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

I leased a car through GM Financial which was returned at the end of the lease in March 2018. I then leased another car through GM Financial. One year later January 2019 I received a bill from them for 499.00 in 2018 taxes for the first car. I contacted them and explained I only had the car for 3 months and to send me a new tax bill. I was told this will take up to 8 weeks for them to hear back from my city tax office at which time I will receive a new bill. ONE YEAR later, after calling every month and being told this will be taken care of I am NOW told that because GM paid the taxes for the full year, even though I no longer had the car, lease was closed when I got my new car lease, I am to pay those taxes to them and then I am supposed to dispute this with my tax office.

This is beyond comprehension. When I got the new lease I paid my bill in full. I understand that they pay the taxes in full but it should be their responsibility to get the money they paid and not mine. I am so upset and once I turn this new car in will have to find an alternative to GM Leasing as I find this to be a very deceptive way of working. I will be reporting this to my attorney generals office. I am giving them one star since it would not allow me to submit with none selected.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

Probably the worst financial institution I've ever dealt with. I've had better monetary transactions on a FOB in Afghanistan. Definitely getting my loan away from them as quick as possible. Unpersonable, unkind, and definitely doesn't "try hard" for their military as they claim so profusely.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

Really disappointed with how a 15 year loyal GMC lease person still gets charge for a turn in fee. I have had the same terrain leased over and over again for 15 years. 2 years ago took on a second lease through gmc and last December took a third vehicle lease on with gmc. For my son who is in the army. I had to return one lease this December which I made all payments on. And was charged for turn in fee. I would think that loyalty would account for something especially with two other vehicle on with them. But sounds like this didn’t matter to customer service and they are only looking more money. You can believe that when the next two cars come up they will not be through gmc.

Not sure about GM Financial?

Find out if you qualify for Auto Loan refinancing, today!

GM Financial Company Information