GM Financial

GM Financial was formally known as AmeriCredit before it was acquired by the General Motors Company in 2010. The company prides itself on its strong relationship with their dealers who offer financing solutions to those who purchase automobiles.

Compare Auto Loan Companies

Research top Auto Loan Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

GM Financial will not help any people who have a lease account contrary to their web page! PLEASE READ THE MESSAGE FROM THEIR WEBPAGE. THEY ARE PROVIDING FALSE HOPE TO VICTIMS OF THE HURRICANE. "Our thoughts are with all of those who have been affected by Hurricane Harvey and Hurricane Irma. If you are a GM Financial customer in a FEMA-designated disaster area and need assistance with your account or making payment arrangements contact Customer Experience at 800-284-2271. Each customer's situation is unique, and our experienced representatives are standing by to help find a customized solution for you." I have owned 18 GM vehicles over the past 25 years, I will not be purchasing or especially leasing another one.

In 2015 we leased a 2015 Equinox for 24 months with a one payment option. It was to be turned in on August 25, 2017 but we pulled ahead on July 10, 2017 and that left over one month payment we should have been refunded. Because our account had a zero balance we are not entitled to receive a refund for the last month even though by the end of July I was told they had already sold the car which had only 11,000 miles on it. Someone else owned the car but I was still not eligible for the last month refund of $333.70. When we leased a car through ALLY they were very generous with refunding at the end because it was in such great shape and low mileage. I hope it was worth it to lose at least a 30 year customer of GM cars.

I have noticed all of the bad reviews for "GM Financial" and I truly don't understand it, because they were absolutely life savers to me when I really needed the help! I lost my job after only owning my brand new car for 1 year and was out of work for 9 months. With this said with paying rent & car insurance & utilities after the first 2 months of unemployment I couldn't afford to pay my $556.28 car note, I was so worried I cried about how I was probably going to lose my car, how would I be able to keep looking for work!!! I called GM Financial right after making my 2nd payment while unemployed and explained my situation of being unemployed and if there was anything they can do to help me.

From speaking with the first person I was lucky to speak with to the Manager who helped me. It was absolutely a great experience! They were so kind and understanding! I had to make sure that I would keep my promise of payment dates & payment amounts and my car would not be repoed, what a relief and what a great company!

I had a small personal loan with a company called "Heights Finance" a small $105.00 a month personal loan and all I got was threats of them taking me to court when I called to make arrangements with them and here I am with a $30,000.00 loan with GM Financial and they were giving me a chance and they listened and cared enough to work with me, so yes GM Financial is a great company in my opinion!!! I would go back to them any day and would recommend family and friends! I got to keep my car because of them!

We had leased a 2014 ATS from GM Financial. Due to the potholes, the tires busted. We replaced 2 tires for 2000$. We then bought a rim car protection from our dealer and we had issues with 2 other tires which were replaced. We turned the car before the lease ended in May 2017 and GM Financial calls us on 30th September 2017 asking us to pay for $675 for tires. After almost 5 months they called us saying one of the tires has a cut. We need to pay them $675. It took them 5 months to come back to us and all the tires were replaced by new tires from an authorized GM dealer so we are not sure what is this charges or who is responsible for this 5 month delay?

I recently opted to purchase my lease vehicle. As requested, GM sent the lease buyout packet to my bank. The bank in turn sent the requested funds to GM. When I finally received the certified, notarized bill of sale. The bill of sale showed that I owed about $878.00 less they asked from my bank. GM demanded that I immediately go to DMV to transfer the title into my name. When I questioned the totals, they sent me a second certified bill of sale showing the same lower amount. I went to DMV to transfer the title and found the taxes had not been paid by GM.

Over the past month or so I have spoken to numerous individuals without even a hint of success. They insist the total they request from my bank was accurate but cannot account for the difference. They offered two different reasons but neither was accurate. I have encountered numerous unreturned calls and emails and I must say I have never experienced so much incompetence and poor customer service as this. I will no longer use GM, and will suggest my car dealer do the same.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GM Financial?

I just would like to share my experiences with GM Financial. This company is great, down to the customer service and how they work with you. I have a car loan through them and for the last 2 years they have been nothing but understanding. I got laid off from my job last year, and hit some rough times and was completely not able to pay my car payment. They worked with me and were so sympathetic.

When I finally got on my feet, something major went wrong with my car that wasn't covered under warranty and had to pay over $1,000 for it, the same day I was suppose to make that payment to them. Instead of them being angry and threatening to repo, etc. they completely worked with me! Were very apologetic for the year I had and took the time to talk with me about what we can do to resolve this. I have dealt with plenty financial companies that have left me horrible rude threatening voice mails, etc. but these people are great to deal with!!! 100% recommend them!

I had a lease that I always paid on time and was never late once. I traded in the truck for a new one and the dealer called GM for the payoff and the dealer sent the exact amount. GM took the money and never paid off my account and left it open as delinquent. I called many times to correct it and every time I was lied to and said it was taken care of. It was a mistake on gm financial's part with some bs paperwork. That was 5 months ago and I'm still showing bad marks on my credit because of GM financial. I did nothing wrong and they ruined my credit because that how they do business.

They are the most worthless company I have ever dealt with. I bought a Dodge and will NEVER do business with GM FINANCIAL again. They ruined my credit and don't even care that it was their fault. I have told all my family and friends never to do business with them. They will ruin your credit! Please I urge anybody to finance with anybody but them! Terrible treatment to a loyal customer that did nothing wrong! I hope they go bankrupt.

Horrible customer service, not willing to work with me on my monthly payments after my job was eliminated even though I never missed a payment or was late. Repo'd my car in the middle of the night, then sold at auction for less than / I owed on it. I could have sold it for more!!! Now I am forced to file bankruptcy on that left over amount. WHAT A JOKE. WARNING... do not finance your cars through GM Financial! Interest rates are SO Stupidly high and they will not work with anyone on anything.

My experience is much like the ones below. This company tried to tell me that they never received a payoff from the dealership when I have a copy of the check, they never closed my account which made them draft a payment from my account after the vehicle was no longer in my possession, which I then went and disputed with my bank. This is the second car I have leased through GM Financial and I am still going through the process of the first car, telling me I'm 90 days past due. I was told by GM Financial this would be resolved tomorrow August 2nd. If not I will be hiring a lawyer.

Had my car financed thru GM Financial/AmeriCredit Financial Services. Paid loan off EARLY in Mar 2015. After 2-3 mos never received clear title. Called; they claim mailed mid-Apr 2015 & could not reproduce title, but would mail "release of lien letter". Another couple of months pass & never received such letter. Called again & they claim mailed. Referred me to website ** to request copies. They could not, & WOULD NOT resend. ** charges $23 for "lien satisfaction letter" copy & $35 for "duplicate title PLUS any DMV fees". This is a con & a scam like the other ways GM Financial/Americredit uses to make money off of consumers (read all other complaints here against them).

I became life-threateningly ill in Aug 2015 & have been dealing with health & medical insurance the past 2 years, so this issue was put on "back-burner". Then while getting car registration renewed today asked how to get car title. County tax office said Americredit has NOT released lien; still shows as lien holder on title. Called GM Financial/Americredit when got home & was told same thing as two years ago!?! When told them State of Texas still shows them as lien holder their response was that GM/Americredit releases it electronically & the State does not update THEIR records properly (I worked for the State of Texas for 11 years... I know better).

Only after I threatened to call a specific local TV station Consumer Affairs assistance program did I get a different response. Young lady on phone asked to put me on hold for a few minutes to talk to supervisor. When she returned to line she said request to resend "lien satisfaction letter" will be put in system, Then someone will call me within 48 business hours to inform IF approved. IF approved, letter will be mailed in 7-10 business days. I will still have to request clear title from State & pay any applicable DMV fees myself. That's fine... it's only $7.50. I just refuse to pay GM/Americredit $23-$35 to send a copy of something that's rightfully mine that THEY NEVER mailed in the first place. ** & GM Financial/Amercredit are running a scam on consumers. DO NOT FINANCE YOUR VEHICLE WITH GM FINANCIAL/AMERICREDIT... THEY WILL HOLD YOUR TITLE "HOSTAGE" FOR THE FEE.

This company is very quick in ruin your credit. I have 2 loans from them and 1 from Mercedes Benz financial. Mercedes Benz are an excellent company. They work with you and are not so quick in trying to ruin your credit. Ok so I have 2 loans with GM financial, 1 is for $1,100.00 a month the other is for $120.00 a month. From the begin of the purchase of the car loan for the $120.00, there was something wrong with the information on the account. I find out by viewing my credit report the GM Financial put a bad mark on my credit which cause my credit to go down 100 points.

I reached out to GM financial and they said the reason they put a bad report was because I was 30 days late on the $120.00 a month loan. I told them I never spoke to them about late charges. Why would I be late on a $120.00 loan when I have a loan with them of $1,100.00. and I have never been late for the loan? Anyway, to make a long story short, they had my office number for contact and not my primary number. I told them to remove the bad remark as this was more about them not having the right phone number to contact me and she said she couldn't. My credit when down by 100 points.

My experience is like many others! Very rude, not understanding, not helpful, just want money, money! I even surrendered the 2007 car and they still saying I owe them which I don't! They got the car back and sold it! And still saying I gotta pay for it! Not right at all. Rude, wrong and just plain Ole ripped off! GM Financial, needs to stop scamming people! You are very very disliked!

I FINANCED a 2014 Acadia through GM FINANCIAL. I recently traded it in after they received payoff. GM drafted another car payment from me. Once I tried to get a refund they said they needed proof that funds had cleared my account. I sent that, even after they had payoff funds and the payoff check cleared they wanted me to get proof from my new finance company to prove what they already knew, which was the funds had already cleared. They still refuse to process my refund unless I did that. If not I had to wait 30 days. GM is full of crap. I have a new car payment due and they owe me $600. We will see what happens in 30 days. I should not have to go through this to get my money back. They should never have been taken.

Incompetent and absolutely no culpability when mistakes are made. Let me first say I am not disputing the denial of the claim. I am seeking assistance in resolving the problem related to the return of the premium paid for the credit life. Here is a little background on the situation. In February of 2015, my husband purchased a new vehicle. He purchased credit life on the loan. Fast forward to February 1, 2017. He was diagnosed with inoperable lung cancer on January 28th, entered hospice on January 30th, and died on the afternoon of February 1st. He died without completing a will naming me as his wife as immediate heir. His death was unexpected and very quick. According to the terms of the credit life policy, there is a two-year mandatory review clause. He died eleven days short of the end of the mandatory review period. They denied the claim and refunded the initial premium.

The check for the premium was send directly to GM Financial, according to the letter I received from American National on May 15th. June 19th, I phoned GM Financial to confirm the funds were received. I was told by them the check had not been received. I then contacted American National who issued a tracer on the check. I received a letter from American National the following week indicating the check was received and cashed on May 24th.

Here it is July 6th, and this issue is still not resolved. After spending 4 hours on the phone with both GM Financial and American National, this what I know. GM Financial received a notice dated June 29th, from American National requesting the funds be returned to them. I believe the term used by GM Financial was reversing the payment. According the claims specialist from American National, they did not request the funds be reversed. I am still waiting for American National to return my latest phone call. American National would gladly speak with GM Financial, and I attempted to facilitate that exchange. However, GM Financial has a policy not speak to 3rd parties.

I participated in a conference call with both American National and GM Financial on June 29th. At that time, the matter according to GM Financial was resolved. Today I receive a phone call from GM Financial once again telling me that American National has now verbally requested the return of the check. That is false. I have spoken to the claims specialist GM Financial has indicted as the source of the request. Now I am waiting for yet another conference call to attempt a resolution of this matter. According to the conference call of June 29th, GM Financial had agreed to credit the account effective May 25th and reverse the interest charges associated with that amount. At that time, the matter was considered closed.

In the meantime, I am accruing additional interest on the account, as well as being assessed late fees and such by GM Financial, as all the payments I have made are reconfigured. Since my husband died suddenly without a will, and the loan is only in his name, I do not have access to the GM Financial account. This is my only vehicle, and I do plan on taking the issue through the probate court to have the loan transferred to my name and eventually have the title issued in my name. Now, I don't have the funds to hire an attorney or pay the court costs. I am trying to save the money to file. With all the additional fees and interest on the account, what money I had set aside for this has gone to GM Financial.

What do I want as resolution? I want the funds from American National applied to the account and credited by effective on May 25th as that was date the first check was cashed by GM Financial in a timely manner. I would also hope that GM Financial to reverse additional interest accumulated on the loan due to this issue. As an added benefit, I would hope anyone who hears about this, would understand the importance of wills and keeping proper records to back up your issues.

I was leasing a 2014 Cadillac ATS through GM Financial, and in March I got out of the lease to get into a 2017, also through GM financial. In April I was charged another month's lease payment on the 2014 and when I called to inquire I was told that it was because they received payment to cancel the lease too late to put a stop to my automatic payments and that I would be reimbursed by cheque. Several calls and several months later I still haven't received anything although each time I called I was told that the cheque was being sent out that week. Today I called again to see the status and all of a sudden I'm told that there was wear and tear on the vehicle and they were keeping my overpayment to offset the costs. They didn't pick up the vehicle from the car dealership to inspect for at least 3 months after it was dropped off, so anything could have happened in that time that I should not be on the hook for.

Also worth mentioning the car was 25,000 kms under the allotted amount with 4 months remaining on the lease, and was in pristine condition inside and out. I am currently in the process of taking legal action against GM Financial and will most certainly never use them to lease another vehicle as long as I live. Suggest everyone else does the same.

December of 2016, I leased a 2017 GMC Terrain and turned in a 2015 GMC Terrain to a GM dealership on the same day. I retained the odometer statement and other lease disposition paperwork indicating that the 2015 Terrain was turned into a GM dealership in good order (within the contract mileage and free of damage). Over the next several months, I routinely received phone calls from GM Financial inquiring as to the whereabouts of the 2015 Terrain. I repeatedly sent GM Financial scanned copies of the odometer statement, along with the old and new registration which prove that the 2015 Terrain was turned in in December of 2016.

In June of 2017, I received a bill from GM Financial for almost $500 in excess wear and tear, excess mileage, and tax for the 2015 GMC Terrain. I again called GM Financial and told them that the vehicle was turned into a GM dealership over 6 months prior. GM Financial rudely informed me that I turned the vehicle in June of 2017. I again had to prove that the 2015 Terrain was turned into a GM dealership in December of 2016.

GM Financial clearly lost track of the vehicle for over 6 months, and is now trying to recover $500 in taxes, damage to the vehicle, and excess mileage that the vehicle incurred from December 2016 to June of 2017. It is my position that the vehicle was turned into a GM dealership in good condition and within the contract mileage. It has not been in my care, custody, or control for 6 months, and GM financial was. I am not responsible for damage or mileage incurred since the vehicle was turned in, nor am I responsible for the 6 months of property tax. GM Financial is typically unresponsive to emails or phone calls. I would never treat a customer like this.

December 20 2014 I bought a 2009 Traverse from a Chevy Dealer under the certified used vehicle. The dealer apparently went right too GM Financial (we thought they shopped around when they didn't). Got the loan paid on time, never late. Kept up maintenance, oil changes, etc. Oct 2016 driving 70 MPH on a highway with my three kids in the car. Traffic slowed down, I touched the breaks. Traffic assumes I touch the gas engine dies. Threw it into neutral, trying starting it while still rolling. Nothing. Manage to get off to the left because too much traffic on the right. Try getting it to start and got nothing. Had to get it towed (funny thing was the state trooper that pulled up to help had his ex wife's Traverse in his drive way because it did the same thing to her. She had to use his car to take kids around).

Dealership we got it from went out of business and no other Chevy dealership would honor the sale to fix the problem. The one we spoke to wanted $400 just to plug it in the diagnostic computer. That did not include a Guarantee to fix any issues. It was just to tell us what was wrong. Still paid for the five months of trying to get it fixed. Come to find out 2009-2011 GM vehicles with a certain V6 engine in it ALL had issues because the engine is no good. GM knows this and admitted to it on the phone. However they refused to have it fixed. I said this should be a recall or you should be responsible for fixing it. Yeah, we know but we are not. BBB, and every other complaint company has thousands of complaints, I believe this was Toyota's issues as well. Still nothing is being done.

Needs a new engine AND computer system. It only has approximately 130,000 miles on it. What engine goes up on it's own at 130,000? At least $3000 & 4000. Cars maybe worth 4000-6000. Can't afford to pay so tell them to repo and that I'm done paying for it unless they are willing to fix their issue with their vehicle. Told to skip two payments and then they could repo due to MD law. Did everything Financial person told me to do. She told me I was done. I asked "I am now done with everything". She said yes. Beginning of June I get a letter saying they are going to auction off car and that I will be responsible for the balance. I called Chevy Dept they say It's the Financial dept's problem. Call them they said They know the vehicles problem is a manufacturer's issue and that Chevy is responsible but I still have to pay.

Vehicle is a lemon and they admit it is a lemon but I entered a contact with them and still have to pay. I said "No you admitted issue is yours". "Well we are separate from GM". "No you are just a separate department". "Yeah but we aren't responsible for manufacturing issues". "Yeah I get you didn't make it however your company did and that makes you part of the responsibility". She says I would have to prove it was a Chevy issue. I said the complaint department said it's their problem and that I have to talk to the financial department. "We aren't a part of the..." "YES I know but your complaint Department can't send a memo to you saying it's GM's problem and tell you to cancel or forgive the loan?" "No, we don't do that. You signed a contract with us, so you have to pay". "Not paying GM for a lemon". She kept saying they weren't GM.

Supervisor then threatens to get the IRS to take the money. IRS does not come after private loans. I get the whole 1099c thing where they write the loan off which somehow the IRS sees this as an added income to me. However so long as I claim it on next year's income tax isn't going to mean a thing. So I said "Yeah I know send it to collections then go to court". This is really weird part because apparently they don't go to court. I said twice I will fight them in court. They don't take you to court!!! I was told if I wanted to go to court over the issue I WOULD HAVE TO BE THE ONE THAT FILES?!? She said I would have to fight it as a lemon. I said I would just wait for them to file as failure to pay in claims court. They don't do this! Because they would lose.

It's a HUGE scam these people are pulling and nobody is doing anything about it. That's why they do the IRS thing. They don't let you know they filed it. They get the write off as a business loss and get the money from the government and I would get fined by the IRS for not claiming the write off as an income. That's how they are getting away with it. They send me back to complaint side of Chevy. The woman on the phone admits it's their problem and that THEY are a part of GM. Doesn't understand why they aren't cancelling loan. Send me back to another section of Financial. She questioned me and even admitted herself it's Chevy's fault and can't figure out why they are still having me pay. She goes all over the place and come back to start sounding like the one before her about the auction. DO NOT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH GM BY ANY MEANS! GMC, Chevy, or Buick. No wonder they needed a bail out in 2008.

I purchased a 2006 Mercury Milan in 2008. My original loan was through Americredit and later became GM Financial. My car has been paid off for 2 years now Shows such on my credit report and when I call. However they tell me I still owe them $1421.82. That they will not release my title until I paid that amount. That they by law can hold title to my car until such time as I pay them what they claim I owe. If I owed that amount then why is my account listed as paid in full and closed? Why do I still have possession of said vehicle? The vehicle is 9 years old. It's not even worth what they claim I owe. I have to keep collision coverage on my vehicle, because I do not have clear title. I will never ever buy another car and finance from a dealer.

Contacted GM Financial to request refund for overpayment. I followed instructions that was provided, and was given approximate timeline for refund (~8-10 business days). Called GM Financial more than 10 business days later and found out that fax was never received. On top of that, it would take ~30 days for a refund!!! I had to go through the entire process again. Very disappointed. Firstly, agent provided inaccurate information. No feedback from GM Financial on status. Agents from GM Financial was hopelessly useless. Hope they can imagine themselves in my shoes. Never again will I go with GM Financial. That explains the poor rating in Consumer Affairs. VERY DISAPPOINTED. I wish I could give a 0 star out of 5.

I have been out of work for 3 years, I have been paying GM until 2016 November, my long term disability ended. I called GM and stated I would have to pay my monthly payments every two weeks from my husband salary and then it would be a stretch. I have had the car for 5 years, it takes me back and forward to Baptist Hospital for one thing and Duke for something else. Getting to the point my husband set up a payment arrangement with a representative two weeks ago. He was to make one payment on the 5/15/2017 $250.00 Western Union ref #** next payment on 5/19/2017 $252 ref #**, another payment of $250 due on 26th of May and full payment of $502 June 12th. That would have put him in a position to stay on track. With me being diagnose with Lupus, I am in and out of the hospital and my medicines are not cheap.

My husband committed himself to everything the representative asked. When I called last night the rep called and said she did not see why they repo the car when my husband abide by their directions. I have worked so hard to keep my car. I need help. The repos was their error. I can see if the representative said paying $250 would not do anything for keeping the car and it would be repo, but to make him make payments on something they knew they would keep. My medicine is $300 a month, I am in and out of the hospital. While I were getting my short and long term payments I paid my car pymts. The last person I talked to said I was 4 pymts behind. With the payments he made and the $250 payment due on Friday then two weeks a full payment that's only one payment if any behind.

I was desperate. Financially strapped. No choice but to refinance my car. I called to make sure they would not need another payment or take one and the response was a very friendly "We have your pay off check. We are done with you." They lied. I now have my new financier and GM FINANCIAL payment withdrawn from my account. When they said they wouldn't. This happened on the 28th. Rent is due on the first. I now have only over $200 in my account and they have to "research" the fact that they took it out of my account. The first person I talked to said that it was never taken out because I don't owe them any money. And suggested I call my own bank and ask them to give me back the money which GM FINANCIAL wrongfully withdrew from my account. That idiot should be fired. I hung up got a different person. She saw where they charged me.

They said they would expedite it for me. But it still takes 5-7 business days and the payment was take out on a Saturday. That's just to even get a response of whether or not they are going to refund it. My grace period for rent will be over by then. And I wouldn't get another paycheck for another week. So I can't even pay a late fee which I will need because they have over $400 tied up I can't touch and they won't refund it in time to pay rent. I don't have anyone to help me. I'm on my own. I'm risking late fees and evictions. And for the last two days all they know is "research is pending." But can't even tell me where we are in the process of this refund. They won't even help me with a late fee that they caused. Do not use GM FINANCIAL if you can help it.

I just want people to be aware if you lease a GM car and after the lease is over you do not lease with them again. You will have to bring to them $495.00 for so called a disposition fee. The salesperson does not tell you this upfront, but when you are signing the papers. I also heard sometimes they do not even tell you. Also now GM cars are being made with no cd player, so spread the news!

I currently have a lease with GM Financial that ends in May of 2017 and I recently applied for a new car lease through GM Financial again figuring that the process would be painless and very easy. I have never missed a payment and I have above average income but yet I was denied credit. This is very puzzling to me especially since my credit score through TransUnion is 620.

We purchased a vehicle on April 1, 2015 which was financed with GM Financial. We were using a middleman company to pull our funds from our account and sending it to GM once a month. At the end of March 2017 we traded that vehicle in, so therefore the dealership sent the funds to GM to pay off our loan. We forgot to contact the middleman to hold the monthly payment back and return it to us until it was too late. Shouldn't be a problem getting that extra payment back right? WRONG!!!

First they wanted a running bank statement, which I provided immediately, then because it didn't show that they were the ones pulling the funds... that wasn't good enough... even though I had already explained how our payments were being made. I contacted the middleman company and they provided me with proof of the payment, which I forwarded to GM Financial. We went from our payment would be refunded within 24 to 48 hours to 30 days to it's in the mail to the check hasn't been cut due to needed approval to it can take 15 days.

Mind you it is now April 18 and I finally have been told that the approval has been made and we will receive our check by the end of the week. I'm not going to hold my breath, but I will probably faint if it really comes true. The most frustrating part of it all is that every time I call, I get someone new and different branch locations, so nobody knows the people we have already spoken to and they have to read the whole book of notes which makes the phone calls long and even more frustrating. We were promised a call from them regarding our payment, but that never happened. I had to call them yet again. I will NEVER EVER use this company again and I would NEVER recommend them.

I had a vehicle financed through this joke of a company. Paid on the vehicle for 4 years on a 5 year loan when I was in a bad accident. I was in the hospital for two months and out of work for over a year. I was in constant contact with them and agreed to a voluntary repo. Well after the vehicle was repossessed it only took them a couple months before they started to pursue me for the remaining balance which they now claimed was $20,000. Now remind you that I was still out of work and unable to walk at this time. I purchased the car for $29,000 4 years earlier and paid $523 a month. Had 1 year remaining on the loan. Every time I called to discuss this with them they were rude and treated me as if I was some type of bum for not paying my payments. They were great at dancing around the issue with insults but no one could ever give me a straight answer.

At the time I was more concerned about getting my life back on track than I was arguing with these idiots. Well this was in 2010, in 2015 I receive a 1099-C from the IRS that I now owe taxes on the remaining balance of $13,680, so they obviously sold the vehicle and deducted the $6000 or so they sold the vehicle for and claim that I still owed the $13,680. When I called to find out more information the lady I spoke with was again rude. She wanted my current address and phone number because she said I still had a balance that needed to be paid. Knowing the law, I questioned her how if the balance was now discharged could I have a balance. Her reply was that I must not know what I am talking about, just because it was discharged does not mean that I don't still owe the money.

This is illegal by the way when a debt is discharged, the creditor can no longer pursue for the debt. She could not give me any direct answers as to how I could possibly owe this amount after paying on the vehicle for 4 years. Unfortunately, there is not much I can do at this point except go on pages like this and warn other people to be very cautious when choosing this company for a car loan. They are snakes in the grass and the government should investigate them instead of allowing them to terrorize from what it looks like a great deal of unhappy customers. GM should be ashamed of themselves for allowing things like this to happen to their customers. I wonder if the IRS went after GM for defaulting on their loans!!!

GM Financial has provided terrible service when it comes to stopping auto withdrawals (Auto Loan Payment). I turned our Chevrolet Trax in at the dealership on March 7, 2017. Waited to receive payoff info and called GM Financial on March 21, 2017 to stop auto withdrawal from my checking account. I was told I would receive a callback within 48 hrs confirming that the payments were cancelled. I never received a callback so I called again on March 24th, 2017. I spoke with another representative and she assured me that the payment was cancelled. Checked my checking account on March 28, 2017 to see if the payment was being taken out and it showed they still were taking it out. So, I called again.

This time they see that the payment was taken out but want me to send my checking account statement to prove that the money came out of my account so they can refund me my money. Their other suggestion is for me to call my credit union and say there was a fraudulent withdrawal from my account so I could get my money back. How does a Financial company screw something up so bad? They don’t seem to care. GM Financial needs to get their house in order. THEY SUCK.

What I experience with GM Financial my husband purchase a Chevy Impala car. He finance with GM. He was paying his car on time. Never late on his payments. He got in an accident in the car. Was total lost. GM reported that we never paid for his car payments. That company is a greedy company. Progressive gave GM $7978.72. We had gap insurance. They gave GM $1736.96 plus $685.10. The grand total is $10400.78. GM reporting that we own $241. GM Financial got at least 90% of the funds of the loan they still reporting negative on my husband credit report. They say once you drive off the lot your car depreciate. It's not true. His car was total lost but GM Financial still was petty for $241. My advice to anyone DON'T do business with GM Financial. They will NOT work with you. No way. They just want your money. GREEDY Companies.

I have used GM Financial for my car loan. In February I was told 7 payments left on my loan. I made Feb payment and March payment so that's 7 minus 2 payments is 5 payments. After March payment they state 7 payments left. I had paid extra payments twice in past year and those don't count they said. I would NOT recommend using GM Financial at all!!

GM Financial is a HORRIBLE company. I'm leasing my 2017 GM Sierra Denali since December 27, 2016. My first payment was due on January of 2017. I had set up my Online Account with GM Financial so I can have access to my payments and they had an option to set up automatic payment with them. So I submitted my account information so that they would auto draft my payments every month but it never gave me a confirmation to see if it did set up. The next day I called and spoke to an agent to verify that I was set up for the automatic withdrawal and she said she couldn't see anything confirming my payments were set up for automatic payments but that I had another option to make a one time payments through Western Union which I would have complete control of.

To make my payments, me being new to their website I asked the Agent if she was able to walk me through it to make my one time payment through Western Union Speedpay for the month of January since she couldn't confirm it was set up for the Automatic withdraw and she told me step by step and my payment successfully went through. On the month of February my payment was due on the 28th and I guess the Automatic withdraw that I had set up through GM Financial from the beginning took effect and my payment successfully went through. The next day on March 1, 2017 they took another payment which I was completely confused why they double collected on my account.

So I called and I asked them why they had taken two payment from my account, which they had caused my bank account to overdraft and they caused other payment I had from other bills I had scheduled for the same day to not go through causing me A LOT OF DAMAGE putting me in a really bad situation! And they told me that I was set up for two Automatic withdrawals one from GM Financial and the other is called (Recurring) through Western Union. I asked the agent why was I set up for two Automatic withdrawals and she said that when I had called the month of January the Agent walked me through the steps to set up the recurring payments through Western Union when I specifically repeated myself to her that I only wanted to make a one time payment for that month since she wasn't able to confirm with me that my payments had been set up for Automatic payments through GM.

I asked to speak to a Manager/Supervisor and they transferred me to her. I spoke with her about my situation and told me that they had to get all of this situated and that they had to take full responsibility for the mistake that they made because the first Agent mislead me to set up Automatic payments with Western Union when I told her I only wanted to make a one time payment. And she told me that it was my fault for the whole situation because I was the one that set up both Automatic payments. I argued with her for a good 5 min asking for a reimbursement. She told me that the reimbursement would take up from 30-45 days and that they were not going to take responsibility of the fees that my bank added which I was completely fine with because my bank was willing to waive those fees for me.

So in order to reimburse me my money that they double collected which I had not authorized we needed to speak with my bank and talk to a representative which we did. And my bank confirmed that they did collect twice on my account and that there was nothing pending. So GM's Agent asked for my bank to fax them a statement showing both payments going through and my bank provided that information and the Supervisor stated they were going to reimburse me. I called on March 6, 2017 to confirm if they were going to reimburse me and the Agent notified me that they had declined the reimbursement and that they needed more information when my bank had already confirmed that they double collected and they caused my account to overdraft because they had taken all my money on that account...

They have given me an EXTREMELY hard time. They have all been extremely rude. They are not cooperating with me or my bank to give me my reimbursement and it's deceptive behavior from GM Financial Agents! I don't understand why this company is in business if they are not taking care of their Customers. I would NEVER recommend anyone to have a contract or make business with GM Financial!

We got financed for a car through this company in 2013. High APR. Extremely high payment. I am writing this review in the hopes that some who is inexperienced like my husband and I don't get ripped off. These people are known to be scum but since we failed to do our research before we said yes we got into an insanely unfair contract. We are financed at a 24.99% APR. I did not really understand at the time what that meant. I do now. If I could go back I would never do business with these people. I only gave the one star because I had to.

GM Financial Company Profile