2.7/5 (903 ratings)

About Carvana

Carvana is an online vehicle retailer that sells used cars, trucks and SUVs. Customers can browse its vast inventory, purchase a car with cash, receive financing or trade in their existing vehicles. Carvana certifies all of its vehicles and provides a guarantee for 100 days or 4,189 miles, whichever comes first. CarvanaCare and Carvana Gap Coverage provide additional protection against damage and theft.

Pros

• Seven-day money-back guarantee
  • Convenient online process
  • Wide selection

Cons

• No delivery to Alaska or Hawaii
  • No price negotiation

Bottom Line

Carvana provides a quick and simple online process for buying used cars. Customers can have their vehicles delivered or picked up. The company takes away the stress of visiting multiple dealerships.

Top Carvana Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

This was the easiest Vehicle Purchase I have ever made. The Web Site was easy to Use and filtering was simple. I enter the Year Range, Make, Body Style and Fuel Type and had a cho...

Verified

... Carvana's on-line site was the most understandable and easiest to work with out of all of them I checked out. The filters available made it extremely easy to find what I was l...

How does Carvana work?

Carvana is an online used car dealership that allows customers to buy, trade and sell used vehicles.

The vehicles Carvana sells come from several sources, including auctions, customers who trade in or sell their cars to the company and partnered dealerships. Carvana stores its cars at inspection centers across the country. When you purchase a vehicle, the company can ship it to you, or you can pick it up from one of its dozens of “Vending Machines” around the country.

Carvana conducts a 150-point inspection to ensure quality. The cars sold by the company have clean titles, no reported accidents, no frame damage and no fire or flood damage. Carvana backs each vehicle with a 100-day, 4,189-mile limited warranty.

Carvana delivery process

Carvana offers a touchless delivery process:

1. Identity confirmation: The Carvana Advocate will ask you to send a selfie with your driver’s license to confirm your identity.
  2. Vehicle sanitation: The delivery person will unload the car; sanitize the keys, steering wheel and shifter; and leave your paperwork in the vehicle.
  3. Test drive: The delivery person will contact you to let you know the vehicle is ready for inspection and a test drive. They'll wait in their hauler while you confirm you want to go through with the purchase.
  4. Document signing: After your test drive, the Advocate will call you and walk you through the paperwork.
  5. Document submission: Once the paperwork is complete, you’ll leave it in an envelope for contactless pickup by the driver. You’ll also include your check and title to the vehicle you’re selling, if applicable, in the envelope.
  6. Purchase completion: The Carvana Advocate will review your paperwork from the hauler before leaving; if everything looks good, they’ll finalize the transaction.

If you prefer, you can pick up your car at one of 33 Carvana Vending Machines. A Carvana employee meets you at the pickup time to verify your license and insurance via a touchless process. You will receive a custom coin to insert into the vending machine. Once the vehicle is out of the vending machine, you take it for a test drive. If you're happy with it, you then sign the registration paperwork.

Selling a car to Carvana

Carvana has a straightforward process for selling a car. You start by providing the vehicle identification number (VIN) or license plate information and answering some questions about the vehicle. Carvana provides an offer that’s valid for seven days.

If you accept the offer, you have several options to hand over the car: Carvana can pick up your vehicle, or you can deliver the vehicle to Carvana yourself to a Vending Machine or hub.

• Pickup: A Carvana Advocate will offer touchless pickup of your vehicle from your location. If you’re trading the vehicle for a different one from Carvana, it will be delivered to you at this time.
  • Drop-off: You can also arrange to meet an Advocate at a Carvana Car Vending Machine or logistics hub, where you can complete a touchless sales process. If you're purchasing another vehicle it'll be ready for you; otherwise Carvana offers to arrange a rideshare for customers within 50 miles of home.

Carvana prices

The amount you spend on Carvana primarily depends on the cost of the car you purchase — vehicles listed on Carvana at the time of publishing range from $7,990 to $212,999. Carvana allows you to search and filter available vehicles by total price and monthly payment.

You can get free delivery with many vehicles as long as you live within the free delivery area; others have a nonrefundable delivery fee, which ranges from $190 to $599.

Carvana offers its own financing and accepts third-party financing and cash.

Carvana FAQ

Is Carvana a good way to buy a car?

Carvana provides an easy-to-use online platform for car shoppers. The company is a good option if you prefer a quick process that doesn’t involve visiting several dealerships.

Can you negotiate price with Carvana?

Carvana doesn’t participate in price negotiation. The company states its cars are priced as competitively as possible.

Can I finance my Carvana purchase with a credit union or bank?

You can finance your used car purchase through a bank or credit union. It’s a good idea to receive preapproval with your lender before starting the buying process.

Can I still get financing from Carvana if I have bad credit?

Carvana states it makes an effort to work with any level of credit. The only requirements are being 18 or over, making $4,000 annually and having no active bankruptcies.

Where are Carvana car Vending Machines located?

Carvana has Vending Machines in 20 states and says it is planning to expand to other states in the future. It has Vending Machines in the following states:

• Alabama
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Utah
  • Virginia
Does Carvana sell new cars?

No, Carvana sells used cars that have gone through its 150-point inspection.

Is Carvana legit?

Carvana can be an excellent choice if you want to avoid visiting multiple dealerships or haggling over price. The company's online listings make the process straightforward and quick. Carvana provides delivery and pickup options, and it offers financing options for nearly anyone. We recommend Carvana as a simple option for used-car shopping with a money-back guarantee.

Carvana Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carvana?

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

I've been buying cars at large and small car dealerships for over 30 years, throughout the United States, and even worked selling cars at a large dealership for about a year when I was young. So, I have a very good idea of what the car buying experience should be, what traditional dealerships will or won't allow it to be, and why. I looked at buying from several online car "dealerships" like Carvana, but chose to buy from Carvana because they gave me the best experience as I tried to find what I really wanted. I actually started with only the intention of selling two 15-20 year old cars I own, which Carvana made extremely easy. I then ended up buying a replacement for those two cars because of how easy they made it.

Over the last two years I've attempted repeatedly to get the easiest, least time consuming experience in buying cars I was interested in, at multiple (over half a dozen) dealerships. Every time, they refused, telling me that they can't do it, it's not possible. So, I didn't buy from any of those dealerships, because I didn't need or want yet another full day marathon to buy a car, as I've experienced repeatedly over the past 30 years. Carvana is proof that the dealerships can do it, but they just don't want to. From my experience as a former car salesman, I am 100% sure the reason is that they are afraid of losing a sale or not being able to maximize the amount of money they make off of us as customers.

With Carvana, I purchased a car as I had time to do it, over several days. They did all the same things any car dealership does during their often all-day (8-12 hours in my experience) car buying process, but Carvana allowed me to do it at my own pace. I'm sure I could have backed out and refused to buy at any time, which is what scares every single traditional car dealership the most. This is why traditional car dealerships insist that you sit in their building for hours on end while they work to get you to give them what they want. So, in selling my old cars, Carvana was there every time, as expected, to get the job done right in front of my house. It took two times for one car because it unexpectedly did not start, but they came back after I fixed that, and they gave me no problems on that. They paid me 100% of what they promised on each car, and the money was literally in my bank account within 24 hours after they took each car.

In buying the car, I pre-ordered one that fit exactly what I wanted. It took a long time for them to do their 150 point inspection, but a couple of weeks wasn't unbearable and I didn't want them to miss any problems. Once they finished, I had about 36 hours (I forget how long exactly) to start the buying process before the car would be made available to other buyers. Once I made the final decision to buy this car, after a lot of research and looking at pictures of it, I took several days to complete each step of the process. They said they would deliver the car in 48 hours, but ended up actually delivering it to the front of my house about 5 days later. That was not a problem, because I really wanted the car at this point, and I knew they were transporting it over 500 miles at no charge.

Once they delivered it to my house, everything was great, including in the 7 day trial period. Three weeks later, I got text messages that they finished the registration process, probably two weeks after that 7 day trial period, and the new California plates were on the way. I've only purchased once from Carvana, but I expect to buy from them again in the future, except possibly in cases when I can buy directly, online, from other manufacturers or dealerships. I think as more people realize how car buying can be with Carvana, traditional dealerships have no choice but to change. I walked away from a half dozen of them over the past two years when they refused to give me a good experience, so I think they are starting to understand. I know I am not alone. I don't expect to go back to any traditional dealership ever again unless they can promise a 100% online experience.

Get buying tips about Online Car Buying Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

I really liked the online experience of buying through Carvana. The last time I bought a car, I went to a dealership in person and felt rushed and pressured to buy a specific car. It felt like a blur. With Carvana, I filled out everything in the comfort of my kitchen. It was simple for me to look for a car that had what I was looking for and I was able to see what my loan costs would be up-front. Nothing was a surprise and I only had to talk to a person when I wanted to, when I had a question. The only times I needed to talk to someone (while in the actual buying process) were when I needed clarification on a few things and I could choose phone or online chat, both of which were very helpful. My past car was a trade-in with Carvana and that was easy too. I was surprised with how simple the whole online process was. They just asked me to send photos of the information they needed and they finished the rest.

I scheduled an appointment to pick up my car and met with a Carvana employee, who was very nice. There were a few papers to sign for the actual exchange of the cars. The vending machine experience was very cool and was definitely a unique way of buying a car. The Carvana employee looked at my trade-in while I took the new car for a drive to see how I liked it. The exchange was very easy and it was good to know that I could test drive the car for 7 days or 400 miles to make sure that I liked it.

The things I was not so happy about might have been regional and may not be a factor everywhere. It may also have just been an oversight, accidents happen. When I went to leave the lot with my new car after my test drive, the battery was dead. The employees immediately jumped the car and gave me the number to their business, telling me that if the battery were to stop working the next day to call them. The employees thought that someone who was detailing the car accidentally left the headlights on, which is probably what happened because the battery has been fine in the week since.

I had four very low tires when I left the parking lot. When I filled them, the light would not go off and the rear driver tire was losing air rapidly. I probably could have asked for SilverRock to deal with this problem but it turned out to only be a broken valve stem and easily replaced on my own. I did not ask them for help with this, so they were never made aware. I'm sure they would have had it replaced under warranty.

When I left the lot, I had a spiderwebbing crack in my front windshield but it was too dark to see it until the next morning. When I called Carvana, the assistant was very helpful and put an email through to their limited warranty company SilverRock. SilverRock emailed me asking for details and pictures of the damage, which I gave them. I received a text from them in the next day or so saying that I had a $0 deductible and that Safelite would be coming to my house to replace it. The appointment was already set up for me with a date and time so I had to call and change it to a day better for me, and it did have to be authorized by SilverRock. That repair has not yet been done but is scheduled for two days from now.

Registration is all online and Carvana takes care of all of it, meaning that you don't have to go to the DMV for your plates. The plates will be sent to you in the mail, making the process convenient. Overall, I really liked my experience with Carvana. I wish that the car would have been double-checked for issues before I took it off the lot; however, the limited warranty replacements have been top-notch and very quick. I would still recommend Carvana. The ease of car shopping online is awesome and the customer service is great. My only recommendation would be to double-check your car before you leave the lot so that you are aware of anything that may need fixed. I did not have a problem with Carvana saying that the warranty would not pay for these things but it might be a safer bet, just in case.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2021

Absolutely Flawless experience! The Carvana process was amazing. I'm going to break it all down because it was that good! Sorry for the length! First the shopping and ordering experience: The whole process was done online from my phone sitting on my couch. I got pre-qualified in about two minutes by entering very basic info. Things to note, your pre-qualification does not affect your credit The pre-qualification stays the same for forty five days and includes your minimal down payment and monthly payment. Each car shows you what your down payment and monthly payment is. It's very convenient. I will tell you this, what the down payment says it is, is truly what it is no hidden costs. Now your monthly payment will also be the same unless you add options like warranties and gap coverage.

I had an idea of the car I wanted so I browsed through their inventory online fairly quickly. I suggest using the filters to enter the maximum amount of miles you want the car to have. Enter the make of car you like or just the vehicle type like truck, suv, car, etc.. This will help narrow it down and save you time, because they have a huge amount of cars! Once I found the car I wanted I filled out the remaining info for approval. I had my approval within five minutes. Things to note, I personally don't have good credit. They take more into account than just your score. Even with not having good credit my minimal down payment and monthly payment was reasonable and in my budget. I was given the option to have the car delivered or I pick it up from the vending machine. The nearest vending machine was three hours away in Oklahoma city. I knew I wanted the car and I wanted to see this vending machine. So I chose to pick it up.

Oklahoma City Vending Machine Agent: My carvana agent at the Oklahoma City Vending Machine was Kyra! She was very friendly, and thorough. She contacted me about thirty minutes ahead of my appointment to check in on me and to remind me to have my license and insurance. Side note, I knew I was going to buy this car, unless it was something very obviously wrong with it. So I rented a car on a one way rental from Avis which I chose because it was on the same street. Now I just drove three hours to get here. I informed Kyra that I was dropping off a rental. She immediately sent an Uber to pick me up! Already paid for and ready to go for me! It was awesome. So I definitely recommend and hope you get her as your agent. A thoughtful friendly person at a car dealership makes the experience ten times better! She was that person!

Oklahoma City Vending Machine: This place is tall and very cool looking! We walked up and a carvana gentlemen held the door open for us. Kyra was standing there and greeted us. No one else was there, it was very personal. The place was very clean. That was the first thing I noticed. Everything was white and spotless, the building was all glass so it was a very open feeling. My folder was ready at the table. There was an area for my son to sit at while I went over paperwork with Kyra. Signing the papers was so fast, like I said I did it all online, so I literally signed four papers in person.

After signing Kyra gave me a huge coin and told me where to insert it to activate the vending machine. Things to note, it really is a vending machine! It's really cool. If you have kids, I definitely suggest bringing them! They will love it! I handed the coin to my son and had him insert it. The vending machine activated. I won't tell you what it does or how it works, but I will tell you it was worth the three hour drive even with a seven year old asking how much longer constantly. The smile and excitement on my son's face watching this was priceless. Once it was in front of us, Kyra told us to take it for a spin and she will see us in a little while. We drove it around and inspected it. I asked my son if he liked it, he said "I love it, can we keep it?" I told him, "Absolutely." We drove back and told Kyra we wanted it. She smiled and said. "Ok great, you are good to go!" That was it! Away we went!

Original review: June 17, 2021

Was in market to purchase a new vehicle. I spent a good month or more just watching the inventory on Carvana and other sites. I don't like dealing with dealerships because you feel like your being judged. I liked the Carvana inventory. Plenty of cars to choose from. I had in mind what I wanted and saw some well equipped vehicles. I kept holding off. Finally in April I found the vehicle I wanted with most of the options I wanted for the right price.

Once I started the buying process it was a breeze. I did a trade in and got a fantastic trade amount for my vehicle. I got the financing through Carvana and got a real good rate considering my credit is merely good. Lastly there was no charge for delivery, unlike another online company which wanted to charge several hundred dollars. Finished the purchase with out any issues. Scanned in my documents (license, insurance, etc), took pictures of the trade's odometer reading, etc. Signed the loan documents. All in all the actual "buying" process took about 40 minutes (counting the scanning, etc) and I could do it all from the comfort of my couch. Got my load documents quickly and signed everything. This was a Friday night, and I setup my delivery for the following Saturday (a week away).

Ran into a hiccup the next day with my insurance, but that wasn't Carvana's fault it is the State of Pennsylvania's. They have a "45 day rule" where you have to show the car will be insured at minimum 45 days after purchase. My policy runs every 6 months and unfortunately I was buying this car when my renewal was due to come up. So the Carvana rep called me and said I need to get a rider. I called my insurance company who sent Carvana the rider. Unfortunately, my insurance company must not have understood because the rider they sent was only for 30 after purchase not 45. Ultimately I just renewed early and insured the new vehicle a few days early. No big deal. That allowed me to send Carvana proof the new vehicle would be fully insured. Again, that was only hiccup I encountered during the purchase/wait for the vehicle.

I got a email from Carvana a couple days before delivery confirming my Saturday delivery and telling me what I had to do. Also it told me the driver would text me when they were close. I had read reviews where people kept having their vehicles delayed, but mine was right on time. In fact, the driver got there a little early. He was super friendly and polite. He unloaded my new car and as I looked it over and took it for a quick spin around the block he took pictures of my trade and then loaded it up. He then gave me my packet of paperwork and explained it to me. I signed what I needed to and that was that. Easy Peasy. Now for the car. It was better than even the pictures on the site. I couldn't even see the blemishes on it that Carvana put as "hot zones" on the website. Everything was functional. Tires had plenty of tread, lights all worked. Car was clean in and out. Just to be safe though, I took it to my mechanic who gave it an inspection and found no issues with it.

Lastly, I had read reviews where people massive trouble getting the registration completed for their states. I had not issues. However, I kept an eye on the Carvana app which kept me up to date as the registration reached each step. I had also prior to delivery asked what all I needed for them to get it registered in PA and made sure they had everything they needed. I think it took about 3 weeks to get my registration from PA. So even though the entire Carvana process, buying, receiving, registration received, was finished a few weeks ago I wanted to make sure no shoe dropped and I happy to say it didn't.

I will say though that I think I purchased at the right time because I still like to look at other vehicles like the one I purchased and anything remotely with the same mileage, year and options is selling for much more now. So I think I got an absolute steal of a deal. So in closing this was the best car buying experience I have ever had. I did it my way, at my pace, with no pressure from some sales guy trying upsell me. I highly recommend Carvana and would purchase from them again.

Original review: June 4, 2021

S.O. needed a new vehicle, due to the former vehicle's mechanical issues. Decided to give Carvana a chance, due to their commercials, and having sold used cars to dealerships in the past. Entered all of the trade-in info, as accurately as possible, and received an instant quote. The quote was much higher than I expected. Continued through the process for purchasing. Carvana had an excellent selection, almost overwhelming, of vehicles available. The filters are extremely helpful.

We started the purchase process after finding the "right" vehicle. The process has a countdown timer that starts at 45 mins. Each step of the process is broken into blocks. Completion of each block adds time. We got hung up on the credit block, due to a fraud watch that I have in place. This was 11:30 p.m. and there was no one to answer the chat box. The time ran out (issue#1). We started again at 8:00 a.m. with the chat box and found the vehicle still available. The Advocate chatting said that it was the fraud watch that caused the delay and that I should remove it to prevent future delays. Nope, it's there for a reason (issue #2). The process continued uninhibited until the trade-in portion. Carvana requested the "10 Day pay off amount'" from our lender. Our lender stated that they would issue a verbal one to Carvana, which they stated they do daily, and then issue the written one by fax within 48 hours.

I had received two texts at this point from two different Advocates, expressing a desire to assist with the process. One stated that I would need to call them to continue the trade-in process due to the lender's statement. I called and was connected to another Advocate. This Advocate decides to tell me their life story on how they ended up at Carvana, stated that they were in their last week of training, and tell me that a verbal amount would not be allowed. They then state that they will call the lender and "Sort it out" (issue#3). He called back to tell me how awesome he did and then said that I would need to contact them back. I called back and spoke with a not happy lender, who told me the same thing, "Carvana has always accepted verbal first and then written within 48 hours" (issue #4).

I called Carvana back, connected with yet another Advocate, told her what had happened. She asked her team, they said yes, they do that, she called the lender on 3 way, received the amount and that was it. She stated that she was also in her last week of training. It must be two separate training programs (issue #5). After that was completed, delivery was scheduled. Three days before delivery, I receive a text stating that the delivery will be delayed. They could, or would not, not tell me why. The delivery was rescheduled for five days later. Thankfully I had the day off (issue #6).

Delivery day was smooth. Found damage to the bumper that was not disclosed. The Advocate stated that Carvana would take care of it (received a text and email from Carvana and their warranty company within 24 hours). We test drove the new car, they loaded the old one, the Advocate said she just finished training the week before (apparently everyone is new), we did the paperwork and that was it. I have received a few satisfaction texts and one phone call to ensure that we like the vehicle.

Overall, I would recommend Carvana if you have lots of patience, enjoy online shopping, can wait a week to test drive your car, dislike or get anxiety at a dealership, or you are happy with the trade in and sticker price (no negotiations). Personally, I like negotiating at the dealership. I know that I could have got the price down, however the trade in price was too good. I would say that I paid for the convenience, but I'm not sure about how convenient it was. I would rate it a solid 8 out of 10. The experience was good, but Carvana should make a few changes, if I were going to use them again.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: May 18, 2022

I invested (i.e. WASTED) hours looking for just the right vehicle and got it down to two choices. BOTH were listed on cargurus as "free delivery to ___ (my home). I go through all of the BS steps to purchase one of the vehicles and get all the way to the end of the process... and am met with an option "$490 for delivery" ...or "$490 to pick it up yourself". REALLY? I was calm, started a chat with a representative (after going the pain of the robot)... only to be told "Sorry, we have no control over what our listings actually say on cargurus.com".

That is a bold face lie. I talked to CarGurus and they confirmed that the dealer and ONLY the dealer can manipulate their listed prices and fees. Just to see if it was a fluke... I went the through the entire process with my 2nd choice car that was ALSO listed as "free delivery" and was met with the exact. same. lie. This is not a glitch - this bait and switch tactic is absolutely on purpose - deceptive trade practices worthy of a class action lawsuit for all of you guys out there that felt trapped or gave up and just gave them their $500 (or more) delivery fees. These guys are fraudulent.

Carvana response

Thank you for taking the time to reach out regarding your recent Carvana experience. It is disheartening to hear that your vehicle was listed incorrectly on their website as our intent is to never mislead you. In order to be as transparent as possible, we list the original window sticker and provide a 360-degree tour of the vehicle. With every vehicle purchase, Carvana offers a 7-Day Money-Back Guarantee because we would never want a customer to keep a vehicle they do not love. We are very sorry for letting you down and appreciate any and all feedback. If you have any further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to utilize our 24/7 chat service and we would be happy to assist.

Original review: May 17, 2022

Trade in was easy and fair. Purchase was easy and fair. Now Carvana has screwed up the registration process multiple times. They tried the E version of the limited power of attorney which my state does not allow (has to be in person). Then they sent me a link to do it again; had to call and ask what is going on (they screwed up again). Then they sent me a Fedex pack with a posted dated form that the Notary would only sign if corrected. That wasn't good enough and now we are on another try to it again with the date blank for the notary can fill it out correctly. It's been a month and I am no closer to my registration and title. I do not recommend anyone having to deal with this **.

Carvana response

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. Carvana’s goal is to create a stress-free car buying experience and it looks like we missed the mark. We are working very closely with our third-party vendors to process our customers’ registration. Every state has different policies and procedures we must adhere to. Sadly, Covid-19, has slowed down our process considerably. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and patience as we work diligently in completing your registration. You can follow the progress of your registration by logging into your Post Sale Dashboard for updates. Thank you again for your feedback. As this can be painful to read, we are always looking for ways to improve.

Original review: May 16, 2022

The buying process on the Carvana's app was perfect. Very easy and thorough. However, after the car was purchased and paid for the process has been beyond terrible. We were in dire need for our daughter who is in Grad School to have a car. Her car was completely incapacitated and sharing a car in our household was not an option. We previously had a positive experience using Carvana and trusted it would be positive again. It has not been positive, it has been terrible. At the time of purchase, we were told the car would be delivered on Monday, May 2 which is what we needed. However, the very next day we were told the car couldn’t be delivered until May 6th. It wasn’t ideal, but we can figure out a few days.

As May 6th approached we were then told it couldn’t be delivered until May 16th with no explanation. Is this because of a mechanical problem? Is it logistics? Is it something else? We tried getting a hold of a human being to explain and we were unsuccessful. Now we’re in a position to switch cars, ask for favors, get rides with friends to accommodate not having a car that we had paid for weeks ago. Now, it’s May 16th and we were just notified the car cannot be delivered today and has been pushed back to Thursday the 19th, which I don’t believe for a single second. Don’t use Carvana. Go to your local car dealer who needs the business and supports your local community, at least you’ll have a human being to deal with when problems arise.

Carvana response

Thank you for taking the time to reach out regarding your Carvana experience. We sincerely apologize that you did not have the stress-free experience we strive to provide every customer. We take your feedback very seriously and will ensure it is passed to the proper department. Unfortunately, we are unable to locate your account with the name provided. Please reach out to us at (800) 333-4554 and our team of dedicated advocates would be happy to address your concerns.

Original review: May 16, 2022

I purchased this used Miata 05-09-22. While the car was on the flat bed being delivered, I checked out the brakes. I noticed that the front brake pad were warn down to about as thick as 2 quarters. The car also had streak marks all over the windows as if it were wiped down with a dirty bar rag. The interior was dirty. Later on I found a half of bag of frenched fries hidden between the driver seat and center console. I washed the car and did a quick clean on the interior so I could drive it. The front brakes kept squeaking every time I would apply the brakes. I had to purchase brakes and install them so I wouldn't ruin the rotors. There was no current inspection or emissions on the car. There was a fresh oil change sticker on the windshield from Carvana but the oil looks pretty dark for only 200 miles of driving. I guess I'll change the oil for you Carvana! No! I got it!!

I spoke with Tiana at Carvana today, 05-16-22 and informed her of the issues. I told her that I was confused on how they can sell a car without inspection. I told her that I lost my brakes and smashed into another driver. She apologized and hoped everybody was ok. I told her I wasn't being serious but it could have happened because my brakes were shot, or maybe something else faulty could have caused an injury and that's why I couldn't understand how they can sell vehicles without inspection.

She assured me that Carvana does a 150? point inspection on all of their cars. I said that's a bunch of ** because if they inspected MY car, they would have noticed the front brake pads were shot! So the outcome is that because I live in Pa. it's my responsibility to maintain inspection/emissions. DUH. Which I'm sure it's everybody responsibility in every state to maintain inspection/emissions. So whoever did the "150" point inspection on my car, lied! They lied about the inspection, oil change and detailing. Because of the interior of the car being dirty, I am supposed to be betting a $100 refund which should cover most of the Pa inspection/emissions provided nothing else fails!

BUYER BEWARE! Check everything. I knew the brake pads were bad before I test drove the car. The cleanliness and other services that were never address are not 100% Carvana's fault but the fault of dealer responsible for pre delivery. The only Plus to this experience is that they delivered the car to me. Most pizza parlors deliver but their food isn't always that great. I'm aware of a lot of customers complaining about how they never got their registration either. I'm waiting for that next.

Carvana response

Carvana prides itself on providing our customers an exceptional car buying experience coupled with high quality pre-owned vehicles. We know that many customers select to purchase from Carvana because of the convenience, and we want to be sure that convenience is lasting far past the 7-Day Money Back Guarantee, however it seems like we missed the mark with your vehicle while completing our 150-point inspection. All of our vehicles come with a 100 day/4,189 mile warranty for an additional peace of mind, but we are very sorry for the frustration we have caused you. We recommend getting in Contact with Silverrock, our trusted warranty partner, to help resolve your concerns. You can always chat with us 24/7 if any questions arise. We appreciate the feedback you have provided us as we are always looking to improve the customer experience.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: May 15, 2022

The online purchases portion is seamless. That is the only part of my experience that was enjoyable. First they changed the date of my delivery. Once received upon initial review the vehicle looked fine, on the interior the radio console had been updated with no manual on how to use it. The driver side vanity mirror was broke and taped down to appear in tact. Driving to and from work which is about a 5 mile drive was fine until day 5. It's the car new my 7 dmbg was coming to end. The traction light came on and remained on for an hour. It didn't turn off until the car was powered down.

On the 6th day, "AC off due to high engine temp" came on. My car had not been running all day but the warning light was on (and still is). I called and texted the customer service number and they advised me to put in a call to a silver rock service provider only to arrive at the shop and they tell me they don't accept the coverage!!! I then call Carvana back, explain this, give them the names of the repair shops that would not service my vehicle, the representative processed to call on my behalf and got the same response. They said they would reach out to a dealership and request they run a diagnostic test (no cost to me) but just know that the document could take 24 hours to be received, however I should call to set up an appointment.

I call the dealership (hours later for time sake) and they have no idea what I'm talking nor did they speak with anyone from Carvana. I call back again. The representative has no idea what I'm talking about, tells me my 7 dmbg ended the day before and there are no notes saying there was an extension (I have two emails which say it has been extended). At this point I'm completely floored and request the car be picked up immediately and no I do not want a replacement. I don't know how they got 5 star reviews with this kind of customer service.

Carvana response

Thank you for your feedback. All of our vehicles come with a 100 day/4,189 mile warranty for additional peace of mind, but we are very sorry for the frustration we have caused you. We recommend getting in Contact with Silverrock, our trusted warranty partner, to help resolve your concerns or you can always chat with us 24/7 if any questions arise.

Carvana Company Information