2. Automotive
  3. Car Buying Sites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.21/5

Carvana Reviews

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

We sold our 2016 GMC Canyon and Carvana was $1000-1800 higher with their offer than local car dealers offers. It’s worth your time to give them a chance to make an offer on your vehicle. This vehicle was enhanced with a Line X bed liner and Tonneau cover and was only serviced at the dealership. Carvana was fair and honest to deal with and they had payment ready for us when they came to pick up the vehicle and the vehicle finance company received the remaining pay off for the vehicle right at the 7 day mark that was told to us. We are very happy with this company and would recommend them to friends and family! Thank you Carvana! Would work with you again!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

Purchased a Toyota Camry in 2017. Purchase was fairly easy, my vehicle arrive at the indicated day, however, when I paid it off early with a cashier's check, 4week-5weeks after which the company acknowledged they had received the check (which was certified), but they would not apply it to the account. I kept receiving call to pay my monthly note. When they had receive a CC of 8,000 dollars. I have a difficult time with the financing company used by Carvana to send my the title of my car. I have was about to file a compliant with BBB. So I will not use that financing company again. Carvana should work with a company with good customer service to retain their reputation.

Also from reading the reviews, I have carvana has not slacked in their customer service and integrity just because they are getting making names as the years go by and their customers have increased and for that reason they have watered down their customer service and integrity. And if they do, it will catch with them, when people beginning to have bad experience, they will stop honoring them. Also there other companies that has started vending and selling online car buying/selling. So just as anyone tried carvana, the other companies can be tried also. I do plan to purchase again from carvana, I pray I have the same good experience like last time. People keep up the reviews.

Get expert buying tips about Online Car Buying Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

I just bought a beautiful RR Velar from Carvana and I would recommend the experience to anyone that is thinking about using Carvana to buy their next car. I have to be honest, I was skeptical and my girlfriend tried to talk me out of it, however I found a great deal and I was willing to take a chance largely in part to their return policy and warranty. The buying process itself was very clear, easy, and straightforward. In fact, I would say it was superior to a traditional car dealer transaction. There was no haggling and paperwork was simple. Everything was done online.

Everything was smooth and perfect until I got the car delivered. Unfortunately there were some undisclosed cosmetic issues with the vehicle which I was not expecting. Although I was a bit annoyed, a quick call to Carvana eased all doubts. They were professional in handling the issues, and took care of all of them in a manner which I believe was representative of good customer service. The claims with Carvana’s insurance provider were quickly approved and I am getting the issues fixed. I am very satisfied with how that was handled. Long story short, I am happy with the whole purchase overall, and even though there were some minor issues I believe Carvana dealt with them properly. I ended up keeping the car and I recommend Carvana to anyone on the lookout for a car.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I thought Carvana would be great but next time I'd rather see and drive the car before it being dropped off to me. Carvana only has locations in a few major cities. The closest one to me at the time was Atlanta Georgia. I was living in NC so decided to have them drop it off. Overall the car looked just like the pictures on the website. There were some hidden fees about how much it cost to deliver the car. So your interest rates go up slightly. Other than that, I actually think the site is amazing. Carvana has great reviews and the interest rates are great. You get to drive the car for a month and if you don't want to keep it you can return it hassle free. That's what they say anyway but I'm sure there's some type of catch.

Original review: March 2, 2019

Eve Sleep was one of the cheaper brands and came as a set with the headboard. We really needed a mattress and we're not picky when looking - it was comfortable when we laid on it and in our price range. It is a California king size so it gives me and my fiancé enough space to spread out, plus it is long enough so his feet are not hanging off the end of the bed. However, it is a pillowtop mattress so it can't be flipped if I sweat a lot on the mattress. It also has springs in it and we are now feeling and hearing them because it is getting old.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carvana?

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

My girlfriend bought a used 2018 Toyota Prius Prime from Carvana. When they delivered the car, they didnt have car charging cord that all Prius Primes include as standard equipment. The vehicle manual was also missing. Both items were noticed and inquired about with the Carvana rep who delivered the car. The Carvana rep said she would make sure we got both items. We called Carvana and they basically said they werent going to do anything about it. I would not recommend using this place to buy a car. You go through all the credit checks and your score takes a hit and then they dont deliver the vehicle with the standard equipment that is suppose to be included. They also lie and tell you what you want to hear until the 7 day return period is ended then they dont do what they said they would do.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

Let me try and be brief:

1) Car purchased/delivered on 12/20/2019.
          2) Current date 02/20/2020.

3) Status - Registration Plates and Title STILL NOT RECEIVED.

Bottom Line: You cannot trust ANYTHING that the blokes on the Customer Service Line tell you. You should RUN from this company. Now the story. The company sends the car with temp plates. They have a turn around time of 30 days to get the registration processed. I knew that if bought from a dealer it takes less than a week to get the registration done. But yeah, since the temp plates are valid for a month, I was willing to live with it.

My 1st temp plate was valid till 02/02/2020. When I did not get the plates by 01/15/2020, I gave the "Customer Service" a call. Was told everything was in "order" and I should call them back if I did not have the plates by 02/01/2020. Lo n behold my registration plates did not come by 01/02/2020. So I called them again. This time they told me that they did not have a "Power of Attorney" to process the registration and were going to send me the same and a second temporary registration plate by overnight FedEx. The next day the Fedex did come but it only had a temporary registration plate and no "Power of Attorney" for me to sign and send back.

So I called them again on 02/03/2020. Now they told me that it's not the "Power of Attorney" that was a problem but my insurance proof (which I had provided when they delivered the vehicle) and a "Bank Lien Document". These I uploaded to their website the very same day. I called again on 02/04/2020 to confirm that the documents were in order. I was told that they were and that they were sending them over to the DMV for processing. And I should expect the registration plate and title within 10 working days. I called them again on 02/06/2020 to enquire about the status. They said that the documents had been sent over. I asked twice whether the documents were at DMV or with Carvana and they told me twice that the documents had been sent over to DMV and I would get the plates and title within 10 days

The plates did not arrive and so I called them again on 02/18/2020. This time I was told that the documents were with the vendor. This was the 1st time that a "vendor" was mentioned. So I asked what vendor. They said that there is a 3rd party vendor that deals with the registration locally at the local DMV. I asked to speak with the vendor and they said that the vendor is not "client facing" and I could not talk to them. I had lost it by this time and asked to speak to a line manager. I was told he (a certain Henry C) was not available and that they would ask him to call back by EOD. Then I asked them to call the vendor and confirm that they had the documents and were processing them. The bloke on the phone made me hold the line for a few minutes and then returned and confirmed that he had spoken to the vendor and that the vendor was processing them. I did not receive a call back from Henry by EOD.

I called them again on 02/19/2020 asking about the status. The agent on the other end now said that Carvana was "going to" send the documents to the vendor. He was really very apologetic. I asked to speak to a line manager again and they guy said he would get him to call me back. This time I did receive a call back from the fabled Mr Henry C a couple of hours later. He said that Carvana had dropped the ball and he was going to get an internal audit done to find out where and how. I asked him to expedite the matter and he said that he would. He said that I would receive an email status update regarding each step in the process. I received no such email. I asked him to pick up the phone and call the vendor and he said he would.

I called them again this morning 02/20/2020. I was told that the notes on my case said that the documents were sent over yesterday and a "expedited processing request" was sent in just 3 hrs back. I asked the agent to call up the vendor a confirm the status. This agent said that he did not have the number to call the vendor. I asked him whether his colleagues the previous days had been lying to me when they told me they were calling the vendor and put me on hold and he said "I wasn't part of those conversations". I asked to speak with Henry since I wanted to know why the "expedited processing request" was sent on 02/20/2020. Henry was "unavailable". Stay posted for updates....

Shaswat

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I was looking to sell my car and obtained a quote on the Carvana website. The quote was acceptable, but nothing great. I decided to go ahead and accept the offer with an expiration date seven days later. When I went back to the site the next day after receiving the offer to upload the required documents, it asked for me to reenter the VIN number and mileage of the car. I did and the mileage had increased by 6 miles. The site then produced a new lower offer, even though my original offer had not expired.

I called the customer service number to try to figure out why I am now being offered less for my car than what was originally accepted and they said it was because the mileage changed. I couldn't believe that 6 additional miles would lower the offer by $116.00. They said it made a difference and they were no longer willing to honor the unexpired original offer. I explained that I would have to drive the car to deliver it to them since they were out of my area, so how can I be sure of what I am going to get for my car. The rep told me that the offer was made for the original mileage and any miles will alter the offer. I feel this is deceptive and dishonest! You don't know how much you will truly get from selling your vehicle until you show up.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

The shopping and financing went smooth. Pick up day came and my car was absolutely filthy and gross, the girl who helped me said I could come back for a wash, wow thanks. Looking at it the next day in the light and realized in no way have they ever washed or prepped the car for sale. It was as if the previous owner traded it in dirty and they passed it on to me, even the inside of the windshield has a gross film on it and the seats disgusting.

I took the car to my local and trusted mechanic for a once over, they discovered the car was at the low level mark on the dip stick (although the oil was new or fresh) the battery was not secured in the tray (completely unsafe) and the fog light had a major crack in it which was not reported on the damage in the listing. They also discovered the blend door for the heater was inoperative, this is being addressed through silver rock with no Co-pay (thank goodness but still a hassle). This so far has been a complete let down, did they even do the 150 point inspection......I doubt it. Make this right!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

I purchased my Lexus on October 8, 2019. I still don’t have my registration or license plate even after calling several times and being promised that the issue was resolved. I am a 57 year old auto insurance agent and this is fast approaching the worst customer service I have ever experienced.

Is your car out of warranty?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right extended auto warranty for you.

Carvana Company Information