3.80/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Carvana

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Carvana Reviews

Original review: June 6, 2019

I like how easy it is to see everything. It was so great seeing everything I wanted in cars I was searching for; I'd never go back to the old ways again. This is such a huge step for our future and makes car buying easy! I don't know what I'd do without it now. It was such a technological advancement in today's society. Can't wait to see what the future holds now. It was recommended by so many people and I seen advertising on YouTube for it so I decided to try and I wasn't disappointed.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I thought Carvana would be great but next time I'd rather see and drive the car before it being dropped off to me. Carvana only has locations in a few major cities. The closest one to me at the time was Atlanta Georgia. I was living in NC so decided to have them drop it off. Overall the car looked just like the pictures on the website. There were some hidden fees about how much it cost to deliver the car. So your interest rates go up slightly. Other than that, I actually think the site is amazing. Carvana has great reviews and the interest rates are great. You get to drive the car for a month and if you don't want to keep it you can return it hassle free. That's what they say anyway but I'm sure there's some type of catch.

Get expert buying tips about Online Car Buying Sites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: May 30, 2019

It was a well crafted website that had plenty of options and things I could look over within it. If I could spend more time on it and view everything it had, I'm sure I could find even more to it. Overall had a great search engine that included and made certain to take into account just how many things a person might be looking forward when searching for a car. If I had to include one issue I had with the site it is the matter of finding a very special kind of car. They had me down to the brand but after that the whole process got a bit more tricky.

Original review: March 2, 2019

Eve Sleep was one of the cheaper brands and came as a set with the headboard. We really needed a mattress and we're not picky when looking - it was comfortable when we laid on it and in our price range. It is a California king size so it gives me and my fiancé enough space to spread out, plus it is long enough so his feet are not hanging off the end of the bed. However, it is a pillowtop mattress so it can't be flipped if I sweat a lot on the mattress. It also has springs in it and we are now feeling and hearing them because it is getting old.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

The mattress was on sale and much more affordable compared to the other brands that were in the store. Plus other people have mentioned this brand to me before so I thought it would be a good choice if I purchased it. Although the mattress does not have any luxury or expensive features, it is good enough to sleep on and lets me sleep all throughout the entire night. It is so comfortable. I really enjoy it too because it feels so good on my back when I lay down in it and try to go to sleep at night.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carvana?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

This company has been nothing short of a nightmare. I wouldn't even tell my worst enemy to buy a car from Carvana. Let's start from the beginning, shall we?

I purchased a 2016 Mazda CX-5 on 8/2/19. The online transactions went smoothly but things began to fall apart when the delivery date came. I was scheduled to pick up my car on 8/2/19 at 4:00pm at the Gaithersburg location. About 2 hours before delivery I received a call from Carvana saying that delivery would be delayed because the vehicle failed Maryland State Inspection due to the brakes. (FYI, the car was advertised as having brand new brakes) I needed the vehicle 8/2 because I was heading out on a road trip on 8/3 so this presented a big issue.

I chatted in with a rep and kept pushing the issue that they needed to get this resolved ASAP as I needed the vehicle for the 3rd. After a lot of back and forth with the chat agent I was told there was absolutely no way I could have the vehicle that day and the EARLIEST I could have it was 10am on the 3rd. I got a phone call around 5:30pm from the Gaithersburg store saying my car was ready?! I live about 45 minutes from Gaithersburg and it was a Friday evening but I hopped in the car to get there before they closed at 7pm. The guy I dealt with at the store was friendly enough and the car was fine so I thought we were good to go. I inquired about transferring my registration from the vehicle I traded in and they said it would not be an issue. I had read reviews previously saying that the registration process was sometimes problematic but I tried to remain positive.

I was told that registration could take between 30 and 45 days depending on the STATE. The Carvana Owners Dashboard on their website had a countdown (I believe the countdown started at 30, could've been 45) of when you should expect your registration. Well the time expired on the countdown and I contacted them asking what the deal was. The chat reps insisted that it's possible that MD is slower than other states when it comes to registration and that I shouldn't worry. According to the rep all of my documentation was fine and they didn't need anything from me. I asked if it was possible for me to just go to the MVA and take care of it myself so I could be done with the waiting to which they responded that I could not because I financed through them so they had to do the registration.

On September 19th (48 days after purchase) I received an email from the registration department at Carvana asking me to provide proof of insurance because the initial proof of insurance had lapsed (my auto insurance renewed on September 16th). I was pretty peeved considering they specifically told me I would have my registration WITHIN a 30-45 day window YET this was just proof that they DID NOT EVEN SUBMIT THE PAPERWORK until I had the car for 48 days.... (To make matters worse, I had to continue to carry insurance on the X-Terra I traded in until I got the updated registration...) So their constant responses I got blaming the state of Maryland were all lies. I submitted the proof of insurance and like magic, I got the registration 2 days later.

I thought I was finally in the clear but started receiving emails from the MVA saying they got a notice from my insurance company that I dropped insurance on my Xterra (the vehicle I traded in) and that my registration and license could be suspended for driving without insurance... I submitted the Bill of Sale to the MVA and followed up with a call. The MVA indicated that they did not have the CX-5 on record and that the XTerra was still showing registered to me but they said it can take 4-6 weeks for their information to update so I didn't worry too much about it.

This week (November 11) I received a letter from my insurance company stating that I no longer held insurance on my Xterra and that the MVA can suspend my registration and/or license because of it. I contacted the MVA on November 14 to inquire whether or not my CX-5 is showing registered to me... Spoiler alert, it isn't. They are still showing I have the XTerra.

When I explained my situation I was told that the MVA could've returned my registration paperwork to Carvana due to missing information but they wouldn't have that documented so they suggested I contact Carvana. SO I contact Carvana and they tell me there is nothing on their end and the MVA probably screwed up and told me to call the MVA....again. So I did and man am I glad I did. I spoke with a titling specialist who indicated that she could see Carvana began the paperwork but never completed the sale. She said it could've been due to them not submitting the right funds with the paperwork or something else. The woman I spoke with escalated the issue to another person in titling to see if they had more insight on why the title was never completed.

I received a phone call from the MVA clerk, Lorrel (God bless this woman and her investigation skills) who informed me that Carvana never completed the transaction. The sale never happened. I got back in touch with Carvana and explained to them what the MVA was seeing. I provided the name of the MVA clerk and her phone number if they needed further guidance. Lo and behold the Carvana people voided, yes VOIDED the transaction. So a very long story short I have a car I've been driving around for months that apparently does not belong to me and has plates on it that used to belong to my xterra, basically a stolen vehicle.

I was told that they were resolving the issue and resubmitting the documentation immediately and that they would overnight my registration. That was yesterday. Today Hillary from Gaithersburg called me to give me some more bad news. Her bad news is that the MVA is saying the registration was not submitted within the allowed 90 days of purchase, thus another inspection would need to be done. Hillary assured me she would call the MVA branch manager to plead her case but that's where we are right now.

I am at my wits end with this company. I explained to Hillary that I'm basically driving a stolen vehicle and if I were to get pulled over this could be a HUGE issue to which she replied "yea that is a problem." I explained to her that this has been a nightmare since day 1 and I wished I never bought a vehicle from them to which she replied "well this happened because of one small mistake." ONE SMALL MISTAKE!? This company doesn't take responsibility for ANYTHING they do. I am honestly besides myself.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

We purchased a 2015 Ford F250 8ft bed truck as advertised online from Carvana.com. When the vehicle was delivered it was a short bed truck not an 8ft as advertised. We purchased this vehicle and paid the price for this vehicle based on the understanding that the product we were purchasing was an 8ft truck bed. There is a price discrepancy between and long bed truck and a short bed truck. $2,000-$5,000. According to our bank and a few other car dealers I contacted.

When we contacted Carvana they said they were sorry for the mistaken annotation on the vehicle but they would not compensate us. I feel this is false advertising. We paid a $ amount based on the product that was advertised and now we do not have that product. We would not have paid that much for this truck if we had known it was a short bed truck. Carvana needs to step up and do the right thing. They need to reimburse us the difference between a short bed and long bed truck value. This is bad business practices.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

Carvana. Sep 25, 2019. ** "Bait and switch". I purchased a car from them online and photos don't show all the damages, I get a call that they damaged car in transport when I get there to pick it up they say "don't worry, I will take photos and they will fix it" as well as additional damage. The problem is they don't fix it. I then decided to swap for another car but a day later after signing contracts they call and say they need more money down, so I said just leave it alone. I will keep the original car until I find one that fits with down payment, in the meantime they had to rebuild the original car and it ended up putting me out of the 7 day return period. Very dishonest and deceptive car dealer.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

Lack of communication about contracting out financing. Apparently, I was suppose to receive a "blue folder" when the vehicle was delivered. I did not receive this folder. Secondly, I was apparently told (although perhaps I am losing my mind) but have no record of being told that the finance company was not something they actually do...although this is what is advertised on their website. There isn't any mention of a 3rd party financing. It is assumed I will know that they don't do their own in house financing. I am not psychic. The first I heard of this company was in a text message and thought it was more telemarketers harassing me. This isn't okay. Consumers shouldn't have to try to figure out who is authentic and not. Companies should make as huge of an effort to relay the information of who the payment goes to as they do the registration. To the Consumer, it is maybe perhaps more important.

The result of all this is the payment went to the wrong place, I had to stop payment on the address located on all my contract paper. Wait another couple of days and then resend the payment (which I haven't done yet and will take a few more days). All of this and pay $30 for the reversal/stop payment. Not acceptable, quite distressing, and obviously not a professional way to do business. Please Jesus let the powers that be read this complaint, and if you are serious about selling cars online you better make this change. NOW.

This has become anxiety producing and overall doesn't bode well for the peacefulness of car buying over the internet. Thanks for thinking of your consumer first. Avoid this problem, make sure your contractor has time to send out snail-mail, or make sure you include this information in the registration packet. Wouldn't that just make a LOT of sense? Hire me. I'll improve your business... because right now no one answers your phones, the chat thing online is difficult and workers have too many conversations and are relying on scripts and formula pat sentences they can cut and paste. You need more telephone people and more coordination between the 3rd party vehicle delivery people, and your contract finance company.

Original review: June 5, 2019

Carvana is one of the best car searching platform, all cars are beautiful and good cars they provide. Also they provide very high and medium cars and their deal is great and you can appreciate their deals.

Carvana Company Information