2.8/5 (693 ratings)

About Carvana

Carvana is an online vehicle retailer that sells used cars, trucks and SUVs. Customers can browse its vast inventory, purchase a car with cash, receive financing or trade in their existing vehicles. Carvana certifies all of its vehicles and provides a guarantee for 100 days or 4,189 miles, whichever comes first. CarvanaCare and Carvana Gap Coverage provide additional protection against damage and theft.

Pros

• Seven-day money-back guarantee
  • Convenient online process
  • Wide selection

Cons

• No delivery to Alaska or Hawaii
  • No price negotiation

Bottom Line

Carvana provides a quick and simple online process for buying used cars. Customers can have their vehicles delivered or picked up. The company takes away the stress of visiting multiple dealerships.

Top Carvana Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

This was the easiest Vehicle Purchase I have ever made. The Web Site was easy to Use and filtering was simple. I enter the Year Range, Make, Body Style and Fuel Type and had a cho...

Verified

... Carvana's on-line site was the most understandable and easiest to work with out of all of them I checked out. The filters available made it extremely easy to find what I was l...

How does Carvana work?

Carvana is an online used car dealership that allows customers to buy, trade and sell used vehicles.

The vehicles Carvana sells come from several sources, including auctions, customers who trade in or sell their cars to the company and partnered dealerships. Carvana stores its cars at inspection centers across the country. When you purchase a vehicle, the company can ship it to you, or you can pick it up from one of its dozens of “Vending Machines” around the country.

Carvana conducts a 150-point inspection to ensure quality. The cars sold by the company have clean titles, no reported accidents, no frame damage and no fire or flood damage. Carvana backs each vehicle with a 100-day, 4,189-mile limited warranty.

Carvana delivery process

Carvana offers a touchless delivery process:

1. Identity confirmation: The Carvana Advocate will ask you to send a selfie with your driver’s license to confirm your identity.
  2. Vehicle sanitation: The delivery person will unload the car; sanitize the keys, steering wheel and shifter; and leave your paperwork in the vehicle.
  3. Test drive: The delivery person will contact you to let you know the vehicle is ready for inspection and a test drive. They'll wait in their hauler while you confirm you want to go through with the purchase.
  4. Document signing: After your test drive, the Advocate will call you and walk you through the paperwork.
  5. Document submission: Once the paperwork is complete, you’ll leave it in an envelope for contactless pickup by the driver. You’ll also include your check and title to the vehicle you’re selling, if applicable, in the envelope.
  6. Purchase completion: The Carvana Advocate will review your paperwork from the hauler before leaving; if everything looks good, they’ll finalize the transaction.

If you prefer, you can pick up your car at one of 33 Carvana Vending Machines. A Carvana employee meets you at the pickup time to verify your license and insurance via a touchless process. You will receive a custom coin to insert into the vending machine. Once the vehicle is out of the vending machine, you take it for a test drive. If you're happy with it, you then sign the registration paperwork.

Selling a car to Carvana

Carvana has a straightforward process for selling a car. You start by providing the vehicle identification number (VIN) or license plate information and answering some questions about the vehicle. Carvana provides an offer that’s valid for seven days.

If you accept the offer, you have several options to hand over the car: Carvana can pick up your vehicle, or you can deliver the vehicle to Carvana yourself to a Vending Machine or hub.

• Pickup: A Carvana Advocate will offer touchless pickup of your vehicle from your location. If you’re trading the vehicle for a different one from Carvana, it will be delivered to you at this time.
  • Drop-off: You can also arrange to meet an Advocate at a Carvana Car Vending Machine or logistics hub, where you can complete a touchless sales process. If you're purchasing another vehicle it'll be ready for you; otherwise Carvana offers to arrange a rideshare for customers within 50 miles of home.

Carvana prices

The amount you spend on Carvana primarily depends on the cost of the car you purchase — vehicles listed on Carvana at the time of publishing range from $7,990 to $212,999. Carvana allows you to search and filter available vehicles by total price and monthly payment.

You can get free delivery with many vehicles as long as you live within the free delivery area; others have a nonrefundable delivery fee, which ranges from $190 to $599.

Carvana offers its own financing and accepts third-party financing and cash.

Carvana FAQ

Is Carvana a good way to buy a car?

Carvana provides an easy-to-use online platform for car shoppers. The company is a good option if you prefer a quick process that doesn’t involve visiting several dealerships.

Can you negotiate price with Carvana?

Carvana doesn’t participate in price negotiation. The company states its cars are priced as competitively as possible.

Can I finance my Carvana purchase with a credit union or bank?

You can finance your used car purchase through a bank or credit union. It’s a good idea to receive preapproval with your lender before starting the buying process.

Can I still get financing from Carvana if I have bad credit?

Carvana states it makes an effort to work with any level of credit. The only requirements are being 18 or over, making $4,000 annually and having no active bankruptcies.

Where are Carvana car Vending Machines located?

Carvana has Vending Machines in 20 states and says it is planning to expand to other states in the future. It has Vending Machines in the following states:

• Alabama
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Utah
  • Virginia
Does Carvana sell new cars?

No, Carvana sells used cars that have gone through its 150-point inspection.

Is Carvana legit?

Carvana can be an excellent choice if you want to avoid visiting multiple dealerships or haggling over price. The company's online listings make the process straightforward and quick. Carvana provides delivery and pickup options, and it offers financing options for nearly anyone. We recommend Carvana as a simple option for used-car shopping with a money-back guarantee.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carvana?

Original review: Aug. 26, 2022

The last time I purchased a car from a brick-and-mortar dealership, I had to spend my whole day getting the runaround and dealing with fuzzy, shifting numbers while the salesman wore me down-- don't even get me started on the inevitable shakedown from the finance office. I swore back then that the next time I needed a vehicle, I'd find a dealership that'd let me complete the purchase process online. I'd heard of Carvana, but didn't give them any serious consideration until I found THE car I wanted on the Carvana website.

I read about Carvana's 7-day return guarantee and the 100-day warranty. I decided I had nothing to lose by trying it at least once.

Scheduling the delivery was a breeze, although it would take a couple of weeks to have the car transported from the opposite side of the USA; unlike buying from an in-person dealership where you drive it right off the lot. That felt like a fair tradeoff because I didn't have to spend an entire day (stretching into an eternity) negotiating with salesmen and finance managers. The delivery charge was shown right on the Carvana vehicle page-- no hidden numbers or surprises there.

When my car arrived, there were a few things that worried me which were not mentioned in the ad or flagged by the Carvana pre-sale inspections. It had an oil leak, scratches on the front bumper, and rotted/cracked tires. I felt my heart drop because I'd paid a fair price for a car in excellent condition, and it arrived with some potentially serious issues. I was already feeling like I'd made a huge mistake.

Just about that time, I logged back into my Carvana account and it was like they'd read my mind! My new-purchase dashboard popped up and Carvana prompted me to let them know right away about any and all concerns. I didn't need to chase them down to hold them accountable-- they initiated contact with me to make sure everything was in the condition I expected. I went over the car with a fine-tooth comb and my phone camera, then made an exhaustive list of any flaws and concerns. Aside from the oil leak, bad tires and bumper scratches, the rest of the car was great. The oil leak could've been something serious, or it could've been just a bad gasket seal. I wouldn't know until a mechanic looked at it.

TIP: try to schedule your car delivery for a Sunday or Monday, so that the area mechanics are open and you can get your car scheduled for diagnostics before the 7-day return period is up! The repair authorizations can take Silver Rock 24-48 hours, so bear that in mind and let your mechanic know about the time constraint involved. You just need to have all the info from the mechanic regarding what's needed so that you CAN send back the car if it turns out that it has showstopper-type issues that can't be repaired. You'll want the reassurance that any issues the mechanic finds will be covered for repair before you make the decision to keep the vehicle. They don't need to actually FIX the car within the 7-day probation period, they just need to acknowledge the issues and authorize the repairs before the period expires.

Carvana sent me their list of Silver Rock authorized mechanics in the area (all top-rated, reputable mechanics), and my local VW dealer was on there. I made an appointment with the dealership's service department, then took in my Beetle. (Silver Rock covers the $175 diagnostic fee for the first hour, and if more time is needed, the mechanic just needs to call Silver Rock to get the authorization before moving ahead-- basically, everything was free for me.)

The service department representative took my list of concerns and looked at all of those issues-- then, THEY added some things that THEY wanted to handle while they had my Bug. The service department sent me the rundown of repairs needed by email (the car needed: a new gasket seal to fix the oil leak, new tires, replacement lug nut covers on a few tires, PLUS an alignment I didn't realize was off). It was really helpful for me that they communicated everything first by email because I'm partially deaf, although I never mentioned that to them. They also called me to answer any questions and to make sure they hadn't missed anything that worried me.

Here's where it gets good, though: after running through the repairs needed with me, the service department representative from the dealership called Silver Rock DIRECTLY to discuss what the car needed. Then, they coordinated with Silver Rock to get EVERYTHING covered under the warranty. E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G. I was expecting to fight tooth and nail to get the car restored to 100%, but I didn't have to do ANYTHING except make that initial list and leave my car with the mechanics. It didn't cost me a penny!

That's how the Silver Rock warranty works-- they have their authorized mechanics that they trust and listen to... and Silver Rock doesn't try to weasel out of repairing anything. They fixed it ALL. Every last thing was covered. My car is basically NEW again... it's a 2017 VW Beetle with very low miles and it zips around like a dream. VW doesn't even make Beetles anymore-- so to have one this perfect, it's amazing!

I would buy from Carvana again in a heartbeat. I was so nervous about this first purchase... it felt like a gamble until I'd been through the entire process and realized how EASY and fair it really is. The process doesn't feel at all like a gamble anymore. Now I know that anything that isn't noted on the vehicle page WILL be fixed, and it's way easier-- I mean WAY, WAY easier-- than buying from a local dealer and negotiating with THEM to fix things they didn't mention. Carvana makes car-buying as low-stress as possible-- and did I mention that I have THE car I wanted (even though they're discontinued by VW), and it's super low-mileage, and everything on it is like-new? Anything that wasn't like-new when it arrived is DEFINITELY like-new now!

I guess the whole point of this review is to say this: check over the car's details on the Carvana listing page. Make notes about ALL of the flaws they mention there-- because anything above or beyond those flaws WILL be fixed by Carvana. They make the whole process painless, and they aren't trying to pull any "fast ones". I guess I've never actually seen any car dealer this transparent or fair... so I wasn't ready for them to be so amazing.

Get buying tips about Online Car Buying Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 24, 2022

First I’d like to say that my son bought his car through Carvana first. He had a wonderful experience so I decided that I’d give it try as well. I started looking for my car that I always wanted, which is a Chevy Camaro Convertible. I found one that was a preorder with no photos. Once the photos were released I had 48 hours to review. I found that there was pitting in the windshield and too many scratches and paint chips so I declined. I then found an even better Camaro Convertible that had only one paint chip listed with no other damage noted in the photos or verbiage.

I had a delivery date that was moved back a few days to a Saturday, which was perfect for my schedule and better than the original date during the work week. The entire process is documented through texts and emails. I thought this was perfect to keep the consumer in the loop at all times. When the car finally arrived, the driver was just amazing. I saw my beautiful Silver Ice Metallic Camaro Convertible being rolled off of the flatbed truck. I have a Quality Assurance background and it’s my job to find defects and opportunities along with what works well. I looked over the vehicle very closely. Remember earlier I said there was one paint chip noted?

Well I found scratches, a medium paint scuff and mark on the front bumper, paint chips on the hood and sides, and some other minor cosmetic issues. This is where I could have three my hands up and said bring it back I don’t want it. Instead I calmly went over the vehicle with the Carvana driver and we both took photos and wrote down the opportunities. He assured me that these thing would be fixed and that I’d receive an email with approvals. After reading horrible reviews I was uncertain I wanted to continue but I did receive a text and email noting my concerns within a day. It was long before I received the approval to have the issues fixed at an approved body shop. I am feeling better about this already but haven’t had the car fixed yet as it’s only been a week since I received the approval for repairs.

The driver noted that the issues more than likely occurred during transit from MO to Philly. This would be an opportunity for Carvan to explore in order to avoid having to pay for preventable repairs. Although there were cosmetic issues with the car I am still way happy with how the process of buying the car, the engagement that is provided for us the customer, and the level of care and concern Carvana has given to me about the car that arrived not as originally and completely listed on the selling site. I will update this review if I have any issues with the fixing of the minor cosmetic issues but overall I am completely satisfied with the high level of engagement that Carvana provided to me. I like companies that truly care about their customers experience. Carvana will be talked about for years to come with my friends and family. Thank you for making this Gulf War Veteran. Very happy by putting him into his dream car!

Original review: July 21, 2022

Using Carvana was the most carefree, easy, fun, exciting used car buying process that I have ever experienced. I initially was hesitant to shop for cars on their website because their prices were several thousand dollars in most cases higher than what I was seeing on eBay Auto or Auto trader and other similar sites. But as I began to realize how much better Carvana was than these competitors, health thorough and honest their website was or appeared to be, and the set of high standards that cars had to pass or meet in order to be featured by Carvana couples with the fact that they are great at communicating with you throughout the process which most of the sellers that I was dealing with outside of Carvana were not... all of those things together showed me that the higher car price was justified because that expense was helping support an exceptional experience and the assuredness of shopping for a quality car.

And think about it, when you're buying a car so we online all of those things are incredibly important because you want to have trust in the person you're dealing with and you want to be able to clearly see where there's a ding on the car or where there's any kind of damage no matter how small and Carvana makes it very easy to see even to the smallest little scratch. They also provide the Carfax report, they provide a limited warranty and they will give you a 7-day return policy no questions asked to make sure you like your car once you get it.

Additionally, their financing process is so fluid and flexible that you may have picked a car, have approved financing and everything is set except for signing contracts, and you change your mind -- they'll seamlessly switch to your new choice and start pricing it out and giving you new terms --- it's amazing and I felt kind of bad for them because I switched cars three times. But this flexibility allowed me the time and space and support to really find what I wanted before I was stuck in the process of buying it. After you've gone through that process they tell you what document you'll need to provide, like proof of insurance for example, And they'll send you the paperwork by a DocuSign. They communicate with you by text or through their great app which you can download from your App store, and you set up your delivery day.

When I read reviews of Carvana other people said the same glowing things that I've said but a couple of people mentioned that everything was very smooth except the delivery got screwed up, not that it went wrong just that it was late. And that's the only thing that happened with mine as well. I don't know if it's different if you go to a vending machine because I had that option, but in my case my initial delivery date that I had chosen got delayed by about 4 days, and then the day of my delivery it got delayed about 4 hours but it showed up on time in great shape and the driver was super nice. And the best thing of all is that they take care of all your DMV paperwork registration, getting your plates, paying the tax all that for you so you don't have to go see your crazy DMV person. Overall I would highly recommend.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

I've been buying cars at large and small car dealerships for over 30 years, throughout the United States, and even worked selling cars at a large dealership for about a year when I was young. So, I have a very good idea of what the car buying experience should be, what traditional dealerships will or won't allow it to be, and why. I looked at buying from several online car "dealerships" like Carvana, but chose to buy from Carvana because they gave me the best experience as I tried to find what I really wanted. I actually started with only the intention of selling two 15-20 year old cars I own, which Carvana made extremely easy. I then ended up buying a replacement for those two cars because of how easy they made it.

Over the last two years I've attempted repeatedly to get the easiest, least time consuming experience in buying cars I was interested in, at multiple (over half a dozen) dealerships. Every time, they refused, telling me that they can't do it, it's not possible. So, I didn't buy from any of those dealerships, because I didn't need or want yet another full day marathon to buy a car, as I've experienced repeatedly over the past 30 years. Carvana is proof that the dealerships can do it, but they just don't want to. From my experience as a former car salesman, I am 100% sure the reason is that they are afraid of losing a sale or not being able to maximize the amount of money they make off of us as customers.

With Carvana, I purchased a car as I had time to do it, over several days. They did all the same things any car dealership does during their often all-day (8-12 hours in my experience) car buying process, but Carvana allowed me to do it at my own pace. I'm sure I could have backed out and refused to buy at any time, which is what scares every single traditional car dealership the most. This is why traditional car dealerships insist that you sit in their building for hours on end while they work to get you to give them what they want. So, in selling my old cars, Carvana was there every time, as expected, to get the job done right in front of my house. It took two times for one car because it unexpectedly did not start, but they came back after I fixed that, and they gave me no problems on that. They paid me 100% of what they promised on each car, and the money was literally in my bank account within 24 hours after they took each car.

In buying the car, I pre-ordered one that fit exactly what I wanted. It took a long time for them to do their 150 point inspection, but a couple of weeks wasn't unbearable and I didn't want them to miss any problems. Once they finished, I had about 36 hours (I forget how long exactly) to start the buying process before the car would be made available to other buyers. Once I made the final decision to buy this car, after a lot of research and looking at pictures of it, I took several days to complete each step of the process. They said they would deliver the car in 48 hours, but ended up actually delivering it to the front of my house about 5 days later. That was not a problem, because I really wanted the car at this point, and I knew they were transporting it over 500 miles at no charge.

Once they delivered it to my house, everything was great, including in the 7 day trial period. Three weeks later, I got text messages that they finished the registration process, probably two weeks after that 7 day trial period, and the new California plates were on the way. I've only purchased once from Carvana, but I expect to buy from them again in the future, except possibly in cases when I can buy directly, online, from other manufacturers or dealerships. I think as more people realize how car buying can be with Carvana, traditional dealerships have no choice but to change. I walked away from a half dozen of them over the past two years when they refused to give me a good experience, so I think they are starting to understand. I know I am not alone. I don't expect to go back to any traditional dealership ever again unless they can promise a 100% online experience.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

I really liked the online experience of buying through Carvana. The last time I bought a car, I went to a dealership in person and felt rushed and pressured to buy a specific car. It felt like a blur. With Carvana, I filled out everything in the comfort of my kitchen. It was simple for me to look for a car that had what I was looking for and I was able to see what my loan costs would be up-front. Nothing was a surprise and I only had to talk to a person when I wanted to, when I had a question. The only times I needed to talk to someone (while in the actual buying process) were when I needed clarification on a few things and I could choose phone or online chat, both of which were very helpful. My past car was a trade-in with Carvana and that was easy too. I was surprised with how simple the whole online process was. They just asked me to send photos of the information they needed and they finished the rest.

I scheduled an appointment to pick up my car and met with a Carvana employee, who was very nice. There were a few papers to sign for the actual exchange of the cars. The vending machine experience was very cool and was definitely a unique way of buying a car. The Carvana employee looked at my trade-in while I took the new car for a drive to see how I liked it. The exchange was very easy and it was good to know that I could test drive the car for 7 days or 400 miles to make sure that I liked it.

The things I was not so happy about might have been regional and may not be a factor everywhere. It may also have just been an oversight, accidents happen. When I went to leave the lot with my new car after my test drive, the battery was dead. The employees immediately jumped the car and gave me the number to their business, telling me that if the battery were to stop working the next day to call them. The employees thought that someone who was detailing the car accidentally left the headlights on, which is probably what happened because the battery has been fine in the week since.

I had four very low tires when I left the parking lot. When I filled them, the light would not go off and the rear driver tire was losing air rapidly. I probably could have asked for SilverRock to deal with this problem but it turned out to only be a broken valve stem and easily replaced on my own. I did not ask them for help with this, so they were never made aware. I'm sure they would have had it replaced under warranty.

When I left the lot, I had a spiderwebbing crack in my front windshield but it was too dark to see it until the next morning. When I called Carvana, the assistant was very helpful and put an email through to their limited warranty company SilverRock. SilverRock emailed me asking for details and pictures of the damage, which I gave them. I received a text from them in the next day or so saying that I had a $0 deductible and that Safelite would be coming to my house to replace it. The appointment was already set up for me with a date and time so I had to call and change it to a day better for me, and it did have to be authorized by SilverRock. That repair has not yet been done but is scheduled for two days from now.

Registration is all online and Carvana takes care of all of it, meaning that you don't have to go to the DMV for your plates. The plates will be sent to you in the mail, making the process convenient. Overall, I really liked my experience with Carvana. I wish that the car would have been double-checked for issues before I took it off the lot; however, the limited warranty replacements have been top-notch and very quick. I would still recommend Carvana. The ease of car shopping online is awesome and the customer service is great. My only recommendation would be to double-check your car before you leave the lot so that you are aware of anything that may need fixed. I did not have a problem with Carvana saying that the warranty would not pay for these things but it might be a safer bet, just in case.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

First of all, we have used Carvana in the past and were very satisfied with them, but this transaction has been a nightmare. I have filed two separate complaints with the BBB just to try to get someone at Carvana to reach out to me. I purchased a Toyota Tacoma from Carvana around the 1st week of August and was told the truck would be delivered on Friday, August 12th, 2022. I took off work and waited the entire day for the delivery, but no one came or called to reschedule. I paid cash for the truck so I was understandably and tried a least a dozen times to "try" to reach someone at Carvana that could explain why I never received the truck or even a phone call to at least reschedule the delivery.

Finally, after filing a complaint with the BBB, they assigned me a customer service manager to handle my situation. I decided that the truck did not have all the amenities that I was used to and so I decided to return the truck within my 7-day money-back guarantee. It has been scheduled at least 3 separate times and they still haven't come to pick up the truck. I am so frustrated, all I want is to return the truck and receive my money back! If you are looking at purchasing a vehicle through Carvana, I would suggest waiting until they can get their act together. As of today Sept. 20th, I still have the truck and they have over $47K of my hard-earned money. I hope someone at Carvana is following up on these reviews. I would like this issue resolved.

Carvana response

We appreciate your feedback regarding the customer service you received. Teaching our advocates how to communicate with empathy, passion, and knowledge is essential to who Carvana is and we are sorry that your experience was anything less than that. All of our calls are 100% recorded for quality assurance and we are always looking for ways we can improve. Your feedback will help us do just that. After further review of your account, it appears we are currently working directly with you to resolve their concerns. Thank you for the insight you have provided to us. Please reach out to us at (800) 333-4554 or through our online chat feature if you have any additional questions.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

I recently purchased a truck from Carvana. The sequence of events is as follows: (1) After my truck was involved in an accident in December 2021, I began the process of replacing it through Carvana. I started the purchase process for a 2009 Toyota Tacoma on January 2, 2022 and was promised a delivery date of January 15. (2) After being notified of a delay in delivery on January 13, and a revised delivery date of January 29, I called to complain, after which I was promised a $350 check in compensation, which was confirmed in an email indicating the check would be sent a month after delivery. (3) a few days before the new delivery date, I was informed of another delay in delivery. I called again, and was promised additional compensation of $590 which would be paid after the 7 day Money Back Guarantee period (again, confirmed in an email).

(4) When the purchased vehicle delivery was delayed again, I cancelled the purchase, and bought a different Tacoma (2013) from Carvana on January 29. This vehicle was delivered on time. There are no issues with the vehicle itself. (5) After not receiving the promised $940 in compensation for the delay, I called in June to find out about it, and was told it was being processed. (6) After still not receiving the compensation I contacted Carvana by text message and called them as well, on September 19. I was told that the promised compensation could not be paid because it was associated with the 2009 Tacoma that I ended up not buying because of the delay. I was not informed before January 29 that if I canceled the planned purchase of the 2009 Tacoma that I would no longer be eligible for the compensation promised. I was never contacted about the payment being declined. Since the promised compensation was for delay of delivery of a vehicle purchased from Carvana, I believe I am still entitled to the compensation.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

We discovered a problem with the car the day after we bought it. There was a small crack in the front windshield that had been repaired, but still visible, and it wasn't listed in the list of imperfections with all the other dings on the website. If I had known that the car had a crack in the front windshield and the insurance I bought from Carvana wouldn't cover it, and it was going to cost me over $1000 to repair because of calibration, etc. I would have bought a different car. I could have returned it, but the other cars that I looked that were comparable were out of my price range.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

Buying a car from Carvana could hardly be any simpler. The purchase, financing, and transportation processes were pleasantly smooth. I recommend, however, finding out exactly what is covered in the 150-point inspection. Our RAV4 arrived with two new tires on back. Am unsure how the two front tires met the 5/32" minimum tread. We purchased two new tires the following week at a cost of almost $300. We had only one key for our only vehicle. We've had one on order from the dealer for about two months. It still isn't in. The cost is $324 and change. (That figure is accurate. Those "touch" fobs with the key to use in case the fob battery runs down are terribly expensive to purchase and have programmed. The air filter obviously had been changed. Unfortunately, when the dealership changed the filter, they broke the closure of the air filter box and jerry-rigged it to close. I can find that box online for about $65. I will replace it soon.

The car manual was missing. Cost us a little about $70 to replace, which we did. But things get worse. When the car was delivered, there had been showers in the area, so I wasn't surprised that the brakes squeaked a little. We have driven it 2,362. The squeak has progressively gotten worse and the throbbing in the brake pedal seems to indicate a problem with rotor(s). The brakes let out a groan when I put it in park and take my foot off the brake. Carvana dealer warranty shows that braking is covered for 100 days or 3,000 miles, whichever comes first. We are closing in on both the 100 days and the 3,000 miles. Another piece of paperwork in my big Carvana envelope says that brakes are not covered. I must call Carvana to find out which piece of information is correct. I think I would like the RAV4 better if there hadn't been so many added costs in fixing or replacing parts that I feel should have been done before we purchased it.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

The idea is great, good overall service. Just not a lot inner department communication. Registration process need an overhaul. Temporary Operating Plate Expiration Date: SEP 13, 2022. STATUS: COMPLETED. COMPLETED ON: 09/08/22. "Your registration is completed! Your plates and tags are being sent to the address you listed on your Carvana account. Thank you for your patience and we hope you are enjoying your Carvana vehicle!" My temporary plates expires on 09/13/22. Still no plates. So I am now driving on expired temporary plates. NOT GOOD.

Carvana response

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. Carvana’s goal is to create a stress-free car buying experience and it looks like we missed the mark. We are working very closely with our third-party vendors to process our customers’ registration. Every state has different policies and procedures we must adhere to. Sadly, Covid-19, has slowed down our process considerably. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and patience as we work diligently in completing your registration. You can follow the progress of your registration by logging into your Post Sale Dashboard for updates. Thank you again for your feedback. As this can be painful to read, we are always looking for ways to improve.

Carvana Company Information