2.87/5
Based on 1,322 ratings submitted in the last year

Bank of America

Bank of America has credit cards for a variety of purposes, including travel. Read reviews for Bank of America Travel Rewards to learn about travel rewards.

View More View More

4233 Bank of America Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 18, 2019

I have used Bank of America for a year and half now and have not had an experience such as this until now. The merchant has cancelled the transaction DAYS ago and you are not releasing my money. Every time I call it is a different answer... Give me my money!!!

Original review: April 17, 2019

I have had it with BOA, I went today to cash a payroll check and as always they said swipe your card. I did and the teller said show me ID. The card shows another name (my wife's). I looked at my card and it showed my name. I asked isn't my name on that account? She said yes. SO I have a check with my name, I have a card with my name and an account with my name and she wants more ID? Why? They have gone over the top with things. If there system was not so screwed up they would not have to worry about this. What's next having to tattoo our account number on us to show them.

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I spent an hour on the phone today (15min involved actually speaking with a BAC phone associate, and the rest of the 45min was hold time waiting to speak with a manager). Holly O'Neill, this is the epitome of poor customer service. I've been a customer with BAC in its various forms since 1995. When did BAC values change from doing the right thing for its customers,... To creating a business model where the banking services BAC provides are slanted to the convenience of BAC? HORRIBLE!

I'm not speaking for a position of ignorance, I've been in the financial services industry for over 18 years. I have not bounced a deposited check at any time in my account history, and yet BAC consistently places holds on my check deposits. Your associate tried to shift the blame to your third party vendor stating that for unknown reasons there was a high likelihood that the checks would be returned. MALARKY! GET A NEW VENDOR if that is the case. STOP holding customer deposits hostage!

Original review: April 16, 2019

The claims department did not return my money back to my account as they have taken money out my account due to a claim I filed in 2018. This year 2019 claims department overdrawn my account saying I owe them. I do not owe BOA, BOA owe me $100 after BOA took $200 from my account. My dispute was $100 taken from my account from another party without my knowledge. BOA did not think of me as their customer. Instead BOA reverse my $100 to the other party and then BOA close the claim.

I was in the process of putting another claim in on the same claim from the start but didn't get a chance to go further due to 3 deaths in the family. My thinking wasn't up to part. March 2019 I noticed my account was overdrawn $100 I was to claims was trying to get money from me the same $100 BOA took from me. A representative from BOA told me that BOA took $200 at different times from my account instead of taking $100 from my account. The other party said I told them to debit my card without my permission. I'm still in the process of trying to get my $100 back from BOA.

Original review: April 15, 2019

Received some inheritance from my grandmother. Paid hospital and funeral home fees from the balance made available. Next day all the money is out of my account and the cashier’s checks with MY NAME on them are frozen. It's been a week without money and I just missed my car payment. Extremely unprofessional which is surprising because usually places that do things strictly by the book don't present themselves in such a way. I have another checking at BECU and they are a much MUCH better bank.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bank of America?

Original review: April 13, 2019

Just tried to do a travel notice. Now BoA will not let one do it over the phone, has to be done by phone or computer. This is a great example of BoA solely wishing to become an internet bank and not have to deal with its customers. Very disappointing especially for elderly people, would appear BoA doesn't care or want them for customers.

Original review: April 13, 2019

This is on me... I was not routinely overseeing the distribution of my mortgage payments to interest and principle. I have always paid on time and at least the amount due if not more. But now that I'm reviewing my account history...OMG...what a bunch of (A) thieves or (B) incompetents. Avoid doing business with Bank of America. Please.

Original review: April 12, 2019

They call me at work and my cell. Sometimes 3 or 4 calls a day... hang ups. I called and asked to have my number removed from their system but that hasn't seemed (THIS HASN'T RATHER) to work.... because I am still getting calls, calls, calls!!!! I should have started this by saying that if Bank of America was THAT GOOD, I'd be calling them. They wouldn't be calling me for my business. Tells you something about ANY company that calls you. Keep this in mind when you get a call from them or anyone else from any company. It simply means that their department heads are pushing the cold calls on people because their business is lacking in some way! Period. IF they were "all that", they'd be hiring more people to TAKE calls, not to make them.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I have been a customer for 15 years same account and I have had multiple accounts ranging from credit cards to savings and now a business account. I have not been more dissatisfied with their customer service until this past month. I have called on 3 occasions because of a situation with some transactions that I incurred through my account. The customer service is the most horrible it has ever been.

On the first incident I processed a charge on my acct for 30 dollars, I only had 20 in my account at the time but I caught it right away and quickly transferred money in my acct within 10 mins, without the charge being fully processed I was charged a 12 dollar fee, within a matter of minutes, and to top it off when I called to dispute it because I have both a checking and a savings (with overdraft protection mind you) they would not remove the charge from my account because the rep said they have to be consistent on their fees which is the most bogus response ever and it's been a decade since I have called them to help out with an overdraft charge. But, just Because my money had moved from my savings to my checking account, they charged me a 12 dollar fee for a processed charge that 4 days later is still not processed.

Another incident occured today with me trying to get into contact with customer service to stop a pending payment. They could not verify me as the account holder because the security questions are bogus. They want me to remember a payment I made 2 months before to a company in which I make payments to but they would not let me in and told me goodbye to my own account and I do not have service where I was located to send a verification text message and they denied me to have information for my own account.

3rd occasion same incident about the stop payment for a QuickBooks charge, spoke to the rep about stopping the payment without any information they transferred me to QuickBooks customer service number without holding on the line or helping me find out anything else about how I can stop this payment. This is the worst customer service ever I will be surely taking my business somewhere else. Dont bother with Bank of America. They just want your money and don't care nothing about the customer.

Original review: April 12, 2019

My wife made the mistake of taking out a 0% CC, transferred funds from another card and proceeded to use the 0% card for purchases since there was still an open balance. She would regularly make scheduled payments to the CC. Unbeknownst to her, the 0% only applied to either a balance transfer OR purchases... but not both. Their advertising was misleading and of course, knee deep in the fine print said that the 0% applies to either or and not both. Since she never looked at the statements, high interest was racking up on the everyday purchases without her knowledge. The regular payments she made went to paying off the 0% transferred debt, not the regular purchases with high interest. Meaning you have to pay off the entire transferred debt before payments go towards the reoccurring debt. I caught onto this after over a year when I logged onto her account to pay off the debt before 0% term was over.

Several thousand dollars worth of interest racked up during that time. I tried calling BOA but they were not helpful. They said the reason they do that is so that you pay off your balance transfer faster-makes no sense since we were accruing interest debt. I paid the entire card in full (including the crazy interest fees) the next week. I will never use BOA again. I have a number of CCs, excellent credit, and never have problems with other banks/CC's. You people should not have been bailed out by the GOV’T for your shady mortgage backed securities. Meanwhile you’re continuing your shady screwing over of the American people. I really don't know how the people who come up with these schemes sleep at night.

Original review: April 11, 2019

Bank of America has the most arrogant system I have experienced. It is not hassle free. If you do not like a hassle, avoid using this loan / banking service. I have been with Bank of America since 2013. Every time I need to use their mobile option, it is painful. I have had many mobile experiences, and the Bank of America technology; as well as, lengthy drawn out robot system lacks the desire to deliver a satisfactory customer experience.

Original review: April 11, 2019

My new job pays in me by using BOA small business checks. My bank is horrible too & said, "It would take 7 days to clear but take it to BOA they'll cash it" (like every check printed on a specific bank). I go into BOA this morning and I'm told she has to call her manager. It's a set of specific guidelines they have to follow. The manager comes, never touches the computer to pull up the accounts numbers, looks at me & says, "I'm sorry. We're not going to be able to cash this. It doesn't fall into a specific guideline." I ask, "What guidelines? It's your check," & it dawned on me I wasn't the right color because what she was saying didn't make sense. People of color DO NOT BANK HERE!

Original review: April 8, 2019

Not unlike so many other people I too have had one bad experience after another but the last one took the cake. I went to make a payment on my BOA Master Card of $202.09. Because I put a comma instead of period they debited my checking account for $20,209.00 How that even happened is beyond me because the comma was after the 2. In other words, 202,09. How does that translate into $20,209.

In any event I immediately called BOA customer service and they told me that I had to contact my bank which I ultimately did. Because I don't have $20,000 in my account I had to make sure that all of my other debits including checks I wrote that week wouldn't bounce. Thank God Citizens Bank, my bank took care of matters. In the meantime I had no access to my checking account so I had to use other credit cards to pay for things like groceries. Just when I thought I had the problem taken care of didn't BOA ping my personal checking account again! It ultimately got cleared up but I didn't have access to my checking account for 10 days straight.

When the next statement came out I was charged a $25 late fee and interest. I had to go to a local branch manager of BOA not once but twice to finally get this taken care of. While the problem ultimately got taken care of it cost me a lot of time from work to deal with. I proceeded to contact the local VP for BOA in Central New York and asked if there was anything that BOA would consider doing for my major inconvenience and loss of time, and of course the answer was nothing! In this day and age of customer service, it just boggles the mind. But considering there are over 4000 written complaints meaning there are no doubt a lot more, it shouldn't surprise me. I think we should all go out of our way to cease doing business with BOA and tell others to not even begin.

Original review: April 2, 2019

This branch is a good example of how the company views the value in face-to-face transactions from their customers. Almost non-existent from my personal experience. It's obvious they loathe having to spend money for tellers to service the great unwashed they see lining up to do deposits, cash checks, get cash, etc. Be there any day at 8:57 when they are scheduled to open @ 9:00.

I have been there when they didn't open the doors unit 9:03, despite having 5 people standing outside waiting. When I asked the teller how they could allow that, she blamed me. Told me I should have pulled on the door earlier, because they have something inside resembling a remote control the someone hits each day at 9:00. Expects the customers outside to continue pulling on the locked door until one time it may be open. She later confessed that they were all running "a little late" that day. I told her I wish that I had a business where customers were waiting for me to open each day.

Recently this Monday morning, I got in line and waited for the only teller to handle the two customers in front of me. Took over 10 minutes in large part because the teller window being used had an out-of-order ATM reader that rendered customer transactions to be slowed down to manual mode. While that was taking place, two other women were also behind the teller wall being busy doing anything other than helping the customers in the branch. Do you suppose they could have either moved the working teller to another window with an operating ATM reader, or even possibly opened another window to accommodate the existing customers long enough as to reduce the line? That might be something most businesses dealing with the public would do, but not BoA.

The reason is simple - they really don't want you there. They want your accounts to be with BoA, but they want you to service yourself with your ATM and/or On Line Banking. Servicing you personally costs them money, and we know BoA needs to watch their spending. I am forced to go there each week to make cash deposits for the company I work for. They are old fashioned and are not ready to switch over to ATM deposit cards like BoA would like us to use. I can tell you that I closed my BoA account originally opened in 1979 when it was C&S because of this, and happily go to Wells Fargo where they not only have multiple tellers speeding up the personal service process, they also still have drive-up windows! Try finding one of those @ BoA.

Original review: April 1, 2019

This card has very high-interest fees, and when you call Bank Of America for them to forgive you for a fee, that you were not aware that you were going to get, Bank of America does not work with you. And many of the representatives get extremely argumental with you. I feel like that is very unprofessional, but they must be trained to do this. I don't recommend this card at all. You're basically not a valued customer as far as fees go.

Original review: March 31, 2019

I deposited my $12K student loan in my BOA account and each time I make a withdrawal, Bank of America will repeat and repeat same transaction and debit my account multiple times and later wipe out the history of such repeated transactions while they had debited my account. In 2 months, my $12k savings was gone. Bank of America is the most fraudulent bank I know. I moved my account now to Wells Fargo, a bank I can trust.

Original review: March 30, 2019

Worst experience in personal banking. Made a deposit with my employer's check from Wells Fargo and they placed a 10 day hold telling me that they are not sure of Wells Fargo's worth. The check might bounce. This was told to me by April a customer serv rep and when I asked to speak to her supervisor she told me I was wasting everyone's time. Did speak to a Andy ** who raised his voice at me. I asked for them to release at least 1/2 of the funds to be able to pay my utilities. They told me to make arrangements with the utility companies to pay late.

Original review: March 29, 2019

My son opened a checking account on March 21st and the next day he went into the bank and they informed him that they had closed his account and couldn't give him any further information, and they would mail him a check in the mail, wtf. You guys are a bank you have all the money in the world. Why do I have to wait on a check. And closing my account without explanation is downright unprofessional and bogus, this is the worse bank in the world and they need to be shut-down. You go to any other bank and you will not have any problems. This is crazy.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I opened a business checking account with 100. Added 5000 about a month later. No other activity. They withdrew 888,888 to according to customer service to freeze my account. I can't get an answer to why other than "read agreement I signed when I opened account" and they will "mail me an explanation". I have not received anything in the mail, and they won't give me access to my 5100. Attorney told me to wait two weeks, still don't have letter or access to funds or explanation. Their Facebook chat person told me same thing, and they don't have any information. Anybody have any advice on this? What do I do? Rob one of their branches to get my money back? This is outright theft!

Original review: March 28, 2019

1 star is FAR TOO MANY! The employees at the Bank of America branch at 135th & State Line should be FIRED! We have been customers of this bank since 1994 and I recently encountered absolute SHOCKING treatment by the staff at this branch. I needed help with my business account due to an injury I suffered in which I dislocated both of my shoulders. I was unable to drive and was having difficulty depositing checks using the bank's smartphone app. I had called my local branch to get assistance with these deposits AND to inquire about ways to reduce our bank fees. I initially spoke to "Sherry"... their "Financial Center Manager" and she said she would have their "Relationship Manager" named "Keith" contact me to help. I'm putting these job titles in quotes for a reason. Read on, please!

Anyway, Keith failed to contact me in the time frame Sherry had communicated... so I called the branch back. When I finally got Keith on the phone, he was RUDE and showed zero empathy for my recent injury. I tried to explain the sense of urgency I was dealing with as far as getting these checks deposited and also asked him to email me ways to reduce our bank fees... as I was being picked up for a doctor's appointment and could not discuss further on the phone at that time. I communicated my frustration to Keith that he had not contacted me as arranged and apologized for my tone. I was in massive pain due to these injuries.

I urgently needed help in getting these checks deposited... and again asked him to email some ideas on reducing our business bank fees as I was leaving for the doctor. I explained that we had a Chase Ink business card and that Chase bank had contacted us to see if they could secure our Personal and Business banking accounts as well. Keith continuously (and rudely) interrupted me and then told me to "** OFF AND GO TO CHASE" AND THEN HUNG UP! That is a VERBATIM QUOTE! I will gladly submit to a lie detector test, swear on a stack of bibles, whatever it takes. I say this because I tried to escalate this unacceptable behavior to their Corporate HR & Small Business reps... And, in the end, they chose NOT to believe me and NOT to address this situation. Keith told "Zach" (the regional manager) that he never used profanity. In addition, SHERRY, Keith's boss or co-worker at this branch also lied and covered for Keith.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS BRANCH of BANK OF AMERICA. In fact, based on the horrible handling of this by the BofA Corporate offices, we will take ALL of our banking accounts elsewhere. Keith and Sherry are LIARS... plain and simple... And no one in this company has the decency or backbone to handle this incident in the proper manner.

Original review: March 28, 2019

So... After a 6 day back and forth with this bank I have decided to close my account and go to a bank that appreciates who keeps them in a job! Needless to say you wouldn’t have a job if we as customer didn’t allow these incompetent people to handle our hardwares money let me remind you!! Reviews go a long way! And you will continue to urge hard working people to not bank with this establishment! Fraud fraud fraud false advertising on the bank Website overdraft protection allowing overdrawing, etc. Do not go by what they posted as a policy on their Bank of America page! None of it is as they stated... Be very careful. This bank is a slum bank! Want to handle your money. However it’s no benefits in banking with them. You better off at a credit union who offer services that actually accommodate the paying customer the reason you have a home and the bank is even open! Your better off putting your money in a shoe box people!

Original review: March 25, 2019

I recently had a claim with my Bank of America credit card. I had been triple billed by a company. Placed my claim with 100% proof and verification that I was overbilled. Received a check from the company that overbilled me. Bank of America called me the day I received check and asked if I had received it and wanted to close the claim. I said not until the check cleared the bank. B of A closed the claim. The check bounced and now B of A says they can not do anything for me. Once a claim is closed it cannot be opened again. Thanks for "screwing" me out of $2000; for me a loyal customer of over 10 years. Horrible loyalty to their own customers. I will spend my 10-15 grand a month with another bank card.

Original review: March 25, 2019

I have been a BOA credit card holder for over 15 years. I spend over a million a year on the cards and pay the balance in full every month. I have witnessed a steady decline in their customer service policies over the last 8 years. They used to get in touch with me before shutting down my card for fraud concerns, but now they make their fraud problem my problem by shutting down my card without notice. I travel extensively, and have literally had my card shut down 3 times on a trip due to BOA’s fraud detection software (it stinks btw). They also hold large payments, suspending them even after they have cleared my bank, for some unknown reason, even if “you pay in cash at a BOA branch” I’m told. In general, BOA credit card is way too much of a hassle to use. I’m going back to USAA, where they actually contact you before shutting down your card.

Original review: March 25, 2019

I have a student account for my son, he became overdrawn about $200 (4 separate charges from Royal Farms). He was overdrawn $1192. I called the bank to see if they could reduce some fees because 90% of the negative balance was from fees. I was told yes. The best they could do was around $450 but first the account had to be paid then the would refund the fees. I thought that was good. The account is paid so I called today to see about my refund and I got a song and dance about how they can’t give it to me now that I paid the account in full. Only if I set up a payment arrangement they would refund those fees we spoke about. SO NOW THEY WILL NOT REFUND ANY FEES.

Original review: March 24, 2019

I mailed this to Bank of America on 12/28/18. "Re: Accounts ending in #0001 and #0002. Case: #00000000.

1) Account ending in #0002 was created by Bank of America. I did not authorize or consent to the opening of this account.
2) My only account ending in #0001 with BOA was closed after multiple companies related to Ashley Living Madrid begin charging my account different prices for the exact same product.
3) I have not had access to online banking since my account was closed.
4) It has taken me several months to find addresses and figure out what was going on with the multiple charges from different companies, which I found out were all related to Ashley Living; the only company from which I purchased the item. I have kept in touch with BOA every step of the way.
5) The only 2 boxes of AMORA products I received came from Ashley Living Madrid and JOFE, both boxes were returned UNUSED. Copies of shipping receipts with dates and addresses to where they were returned were faxed to BOA immediately after I shipped them.
6) All other companies associated with Ashley Living Madrid such as Green Carl and Active Living Enterprises never sent me any packages nor products, so their charges are fraudulent.
7) In November 2018 I called to check on status of accounts ending in #0001 and #0002; there was no information regarding any amounts due or past due. This made me certain that BOA had read my last fax and could see that I was not at fault.

8) December 2018, I received a letter from BOA stating that I owe $264. 60. I called and found out that I have been charged late fees even though my account was closed. If an account is closed doesn’t BOA know that a customer does not have access to online banking? Are banks allowed to add late fees without the customer knowing they are being charged?"

Bank of America responded: that I “reported card lost or stolen”. This is not true. I closed it after that I no longer trusted Bank of America after I made two BILL PAY transactions in April 2018 for $1000 each to be paid to a Hospital. One of the $1000 payments never got sent to the Hospital. Instead, I noticed suspicious activity in the BILL PAY history such as numerous checks listed there, but no amounts attached to the check numbers. I have made numerous calls and have sent faxes to BOA so they can correct all of the above mentioned problems...BY PHONE and FAX the operators always transfer me to other departments; nothing ever solved: 08/05/18 Mindy in Tennessee (877) 388-6578, 09/21/19 Tiffany from Dispute Department, 09/21/19 Micada from Fraud Department, 10/04/18 Koesha of Nevada (866) 266-0212 Existing Claims transferred me to Steven in Tennessee, 10/04/18 Steven of Tennessee.

01/09/19 Aerian of Florida (888) 266-0212 Existing Claims told me I had to call another number, 01/09/19 Alisha of Tennessee (800) 634-2927, 01/10/19 Didn’t write down contact name: (800) 472-7970 Fraud, FAX (888) 672-6262 BILLING DISPUTE – 8/6/18 Faxed copies of return shipping receipts to JOFE WEB GROUP and ASHLEY MADRID TX/ACTIVE LIVING ENTERPRISES (share the same address), 9/25/18 Faxed my research log on the companies who got my credit card number from Ashley Madrid TX, 10/09/18 Faxed document of names of all companies that charged me different prices for the same two items (i only ordered one time from Ashley Madrid TX/Active Living Enterprises).

Documented addresses and number of packages I received and did not receive, even though I was charged. Bank of America is/was obviously in cahoots with these con companies because even though I showed proof of returning and cancelling purchases, they continue to ruin my good credit which was at 790 before dealing with them.

Original review: March 23, 2019

Friday night, I attempted to use my trusty Bank of America debit card and look it’s been blocked for suspicious activity, odd. I haven’t used it all day nor have transactions gone through; let me give them a call to open my card back up...3 hrs later still no answer, now I’m embarrassed and feel like a ** idiot, how’s this for service? I can’t even use my mobile app or go online to verify my card/identity/or purchases! Maybe I should try and call again...2 hrs later ‘all reps are busy’ so let me guess. For about 5 hrs nobody was available?! Just say you’re ** closed!!! Allow me the consumer access to MY MONEY!!! We can deal with fraud when you're open. Bank of America are a bunch of ** crooks! Oh but they’re always available to charge you $35!

Original review: March 22, 2019

Lets just say for over a year I've had 8 different debit cards all go bad after 2-4 time use with only the chip working. As of last month they've been playing games with me. It all started when they shut off my card first without alerting me, when I asked they couldn't give me definite answer, just kept transferring me over to different departments. Ended up paying $15 for my debit card to be expedited due to the fact that I had a rental in my possession and couldn't return car without updated payment info. UPS ended up not giving me package for some BS, when I called to get it resent out. I had to repay them $15 again to then find out 3 days later the person charged me for the expedited service but didn't even send out the card. I racked up $650 dollars in car rental due to that.

This Monday (3/18/19) when I was trying to return the rental, found out they closed my account and took my money; according to them... "They'll send out a check and should receive it within 10 business days for the remaining money on my account." I sure ** hope they do. And all I got for an answer regarding about why they closed my account was... Pending bankruptcy, frauds, and of course "someone closed my account" and yes I got multiple answers. Now I really hope whoever is reading this and has Bank of America get out and take your money before you are next. It has already started the same situation or similar to others to my friends that have BOA.

Original review: March 21, 2019

Bank of America is the most non-customer friendly business (not just banks) that I’ve ever dealt with. They no longer have a drive-thru window open. This is such an inconvenience for the elderly and those who are disabled and/or sick. When the weather is bad, it’s even worse. When I asked a teller about this, she got an attitude with me. They also have very high rates and fees! Don’t consider this bank!

Original review: March 21, 2019

It’s hardly to believe, but YES, this is actually happened. One of the Customer Service employees, who additionally was extremely rude and unprofessional, reported pending bankruptcy on my accounts, obviously didn’t understand what I am actually saying. As a result my $30,000!!! credit cards account has been closed!!! I hope they will revise it, however I was told it’s up to the credit department now. Unbelievable.... I’m a customer with them for 10 years now, and this badly hurt my credit only because their employee couldn’t understand/speak English.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I have banked with them for well over 15 years with either checking, credit cards and mortgage. I have NEVER been late on a payment, ever. So because some of the horrible things they do I end up leaving and getting a checking/savings with an amazing credit union. I bill pay all my bills and had set up a payment for a credit card through them. I accidentally scheduled it for the wrong day. I called to explain and because of my history hoped they could waive the late payment fee one time. Nope... Ms. Stephanie "rude" from Montana refused. Even though through out the past 15 years I have had some kind of account with them I have never had a late payment, she refused. I am so done with that BS and recommend you take your business to some place that actually cares about your business. Because BOA does not. At all.

Bank of America expert review by Barbara Friedberg

For 200 years, Bank of America has helped their customers, client’s and the community meet their financial goals. Bank of America prides itself in its competitive financial offerings and strong investment in the community.

• Services: The banks services span general banking, credit cards, loans and investment products. Their services cater to individuals and business customers.

• Convenient locations: Bank of America’s global reach serves 47 million consumers and small businesses with 4,700 financial centers and 16,000 ATMs.

• Financing options: The Bank of America loan products includes mortgage, refinancing, home equity, auto, business and more.

• Credit card products: Bank of America has a suite of credit card choices including cash rewards, travel, low interest rate, small business and cards designed to repair damaged credit.

• Banking services: In addition to the standard checking and savings accounts the company has offerings for students, online and mobile banking customers.

• Investment and insurance offerings: The company offers a variety of wealth management opportunities to help customers save for their children’s college or their own retirement. Bank of America also offers insurance products.

• Financial education: Bank of America is committed to helping its customers understand their finances and provides resources on budgeting and financial planning on its website.

• Mobile banking: Bank of America's mobile app gives customers 24/7 account access with fingerprint sign-in. Consumers can deposit checks, receive mobile alerts, receive cash back deals and more.

• Best for: Bank of America offers suitable banking products for all consumers.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg