Bank of America

We are official Bank of America reps, here to help, listen & learn from our customers.

Compare Banks & Credit Unions

Research top Banks & Credit Unions recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

All these people do is take your money. Banks are supposed to be trusted with your funds but apparently you cannot trust Bank of America. My husband and I received our refund check almost 2 months ago and we usually get it direct deposited into his account. We received almost 20,000 dollars. My husband called Bank of America before he deposited the check in the account if there is anything we have to do. He was told that all that has to be done is to sign our names on it his first then mine and we could deposit it. Unfortunately the representative gave us the wrong information and the check was supposed to have been mailed back to us, we didn't find this out until my husband spoke to someone almost 2 days later.

They took 300 dollars out of his account because it would have been over drafted so they say. So we've been calling the bank for almost 1 month, “Where is the check? We have not received it yet.” My husband asked what address it was sent to and he was told an address somewhere in RI. We don't live in RI. We live in FL, how the hell does that happen?? Who changed my address because I have never given that address. Neither do we know anyone in RI. Now the bank wants to blame us because they say we changed the address, they don't want to send us another one and we are still fighting this until this day. Bank of America is going to have a rude awakening when my lawyers get done with them. We will never Bank with them ever again.

I am not new to banking because I have worked in the world of finance for 14 years. So, I understand, by reading some of the complaints, some people just don't get it. Well, my story is simple. I have never overdrafted my Bank of America checking or savings account. On Friday, May 5, 2017, I logged online, in the midday to look at my account because I was planning on going out for dinner that evening. What I discovered was that my login credentials were not working. This positively puzzled me.

I, then, called customer service. Prior to that, I heard what my balance was and alerted that my account was overdrawn by over $800k. I was furious at this point because I thought that someone may have raided my account. I was on the phone with the representative and discovered that someone did raid the account, the bank did.

After forcing the representative to send me over to the "Risk Department", they informed me that Bank of America made a "business decision" to close my account. I know that business decisions are made everyday, but my account has remained in good standing. I immediately asked for the $1049 sitting in my checking/saving account because I was just paid by my employer, as I am paid weekly. The bank representative stated that they would not provide me with my money. I got extremely angry over this and probably said a few things I should not have said to the representative. She escalated the call to someone else and I stated that I wanted my money.

Granted, I am uncomfortable with carrying any cash around because of the risk associated with this, but I know if I went into another bank, I could deposit it and some banks even provide a debit card, on the spot. After being told no, I inquired as to when I would receive my money and she informed me that she placed a request.

During this time, a loan payment that was ACHed from my checking account, bounced. The payment was only for $121 and I had over $1000 in my account. My car payment could also not be made, but fortunately, I was paying this ahead of the due date, so I could alert Wells Fargo to delete the payment and I would make it the following week.

All in all, I wish Bank of America would have had better communication with me as to the status of the account and given me the opportunity to take the money out and get my bills paid. The lack of transparency was appalling and I placed complaints with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, which I would advise for people to do when trying to work out an issue with a bank. Fortunately, they allowed me to pull my money out today (Tuesday, May 9, 2017) from the bank, but that is after I threatened them with everything under the sun.

I got an overdraft fees and didn't get any notifications. (I double checked all my emails again today!) My birthday was the end of April and all my CC payment due dates are close to the end of the month so my financial can be monitored by monthly basis. On May 2nd after my weekend birthday was, I went to work and checked my BoA account online to find out that I got overdraft fee 2 times! Two times of $35 ($70) and I was glad that I checked my checking account. I quickly transferred my money from my saving account and started calling the BoA customer service.

The tone is nice but they can't do anything to help me. I have been a loyal customer service since I was student 9 years ago or more and had been using it just as my personal account since I got married 3 years ago. I used Chase account as our family bank due to my wife's preference and we have been happy with their help on fees, opening new credit cards, comparing mortgages, etc. This is my first time asking help from Bank of America and as a 9-years of loyal bank customer, this is what I got: NOTHING! Good bye Bank of America. Keep my $70 as my lesson not to trust Bank of America.

Well I call on May 3 report about losing my wallet and my atm card was in my wallet and they told me that they would review it and make a decision. So I call again on May 4, 2017 and customer service was very nice and patient and before she transfer me she told me she would request them to put a rush on my claim. Then fraud department was also nice and understanding and told me give them at least two more days. So far so good. I would update what they decide.

Horrible! When I say, “Horrible,” I mean HORRIBLE!!! Today I write this letter in sadness, anger, and frustration. I visited 3 of Bank of America's branches and was turned off by the absolute appalling service. I waited in line for almost 30 minutes with nearly 20 other people who seemed to be wondering what was happening. While in the line I could see the frustration emanating from their faces. My anxiety was at a peak. My patience was at a low. After speaking with a branch manager I was basically told to: suck it up, this is the future. Either bank online, use an ATM or bank someplace else!

If I don't see more help available for the disabled, elderly, and those who are not computer savvy in the next 6 months to a year, I will be opening a new account with either TD Bank or Wells Fargo. Service as bad as this is uncalled for!!! I will be sharing my frustration online and personally with as many people as I can, just to get support for this matter or deter them from banking with this bank.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bank of America?

The location I went to was Buffalo, NY 14214 and they literally have only 1 ATM machine. The line was long for the machine and the wait was even longer to just withdraw money with the teller. Terrible customer service. Overall it was a bad experience.

As a merchant, the level of service provided by Bank of America has gone from fair to terrible. Compared to other banks in the area their Saturday hours are shorter, understaffed at teller station and no merchant window. Today, Saturday morning I walked in, 12 deep line and two tellers. No merchant line and several employees looking busy but NOT helping customers. I stood in line for about 5 minutes and approached the lobby greeter. The employee in the lobby (greeter) didn't even do that and when I said I just needed to make a deposit (no cash)... He gave a response... "Sorry no merchant window, there is nothing I can do to help you". I directed my frustration at the bank, not him personally and left to try to find another branch with better service (i.e. A better employee to customer ratio). There was another customer/merchant there with the same feelings... He also left. I dislike banking with them and will be moving my account.

My mother-in-law passed away in September of 2016 and has a trust checking account with Bank of America. The point of setting up the trust account was to avoid probate and for the trustee to have immediate access to the funds. Bank of America has insisted that they need the probate information and that my husband write and have notarized a letter giving himself permission to access the account. The documentation was sent via certified mail in December of 2016 and BOA said they didn't receive it even though my husband had the documentation that BOA had received it.

My husband sent the documentation a second time through overnight mail. We still haven't heard from BOA trust department. The only way to reach the BOA trust department is to leave a voicemail or send them a letter. This situation is preventing the completion of other aspects of my mother-in-law's estate. With this type of customer service, we definitely won't do our own banking with them.

I would not recommend Bank of America due to the fact that I deposited an opening $300 and bank account on Friday. By Saturday morning all my money was gone except for the few little dollars I had already spent. Kohl's customer service be there for told me that there would be a 10-day waiting period to receive funds back on my account but they would put in an expedited which would apply to my account on Tuesday. Heard anything back Wednesday for nothing. Go back Friday. They're telling me nothing. On Thursday I had called and complained about another fraud case of where I put $2,900 in my account on Monday night. The next thing I find out $2,500 is missing and now I am left stranded out of town with no access to the $3,000 plus I had put into the account where in which I've only spent $500 worth and rest of it I have to wait almost 2 weeks to get money to go home.

Whatever you do do not with Bank of America. They are liars, cheaters. Will do anything to screw you over. They make you feel like you're the crook. You're guilty of doing everything until proven innocent like I did this. It's one of those things. Common sense. Why would you getting your money in there if you will be taking out the next day. We entrust them money keeping us to be available 24 hours a day but when it's gone and they come out of their pockets are harder they don't give a crap where you're at, what type of situation you're in or financial status. Crooks.

We have had a account with BOA for a long time. They are always playing with our balance. We will have a check or debit card payment clear. Then a few days later there is no record of it and the money is back in our account. Then a few day later it taken out again. When the balance drops lower. I have talked to our branch manager. He said it could not happen. And if I could prove it. So we started printing out our statement a few times a day. We took it in and showed them. Was then told the we could have made that up. It did not match their records. Was told that the screen online is not the same as what they see.

Yesterday we had a balance of 7.00. This morning my direct deposit hits for 1300.00. But our balance is 1600.00. Looking back and 5 transactions have been taken off and money put back. It says we never got below 300.00 for the month. They were hoping that the deposit did not hit so we would have been fee to death. At one point we even put in 100.00 and never add it to our register. So we would always have that 100.00 buffer. They still would change our amount daily. Our balance would change daily even if there was no transactions. So you have to check your account 4 times a day to make sure it is correct.

Bank of America is a rip-off. They conveniently rearrange the order of how transactions are processed in order to charge multiple overdraft fees. Last night at midnight my account was positive over $36.00. This morning at 6 am $23.32 worth of transactions were pending. By 9:30 am, a check for $150.00 was pending as well $175 in overdraft fees because BOA had rearranged the order of how the transactions are being processed in order to charge additional overdraft fees. When I called Customer Service I was informed that they would not reverse the fees.

I will be banking somewhere else in the very near future. This creative method of accounting and processing is an ongoing habit with BOA. This has happened repeatedly over the past few months. Being charged $35 a clip or 4 transactions totaling less than $24 is outrageous and excessive. Two years ago they returned a deposited check to me because they didn't recognize the name (mine) that the check was made out to. They had a copy of my driver's license with my full name on file in their system. 3 years ago they cashed 2 checks on my deceased husband's account the day after his death, one of which was dated the day after he died. They had been notified of his suicide and that his debit card and checkbook were missing. But they cashed them anyway to the tune of $7350.

I deposited a cashier check from a big NY bank, and BoA put a hold on it for 7+ days claiming that it look suspicious. If so, a phone call could authenticate the check in a matter of minutes or hours, not 7 days. Not only that, BoA initially gave me credit for $300 for that check while it awaited clearance. Next day, BoA took away that $300 credit! I complained, the $300 credit was restored, then 2 days later, got taken away again! And when my account balance dropped below $1500, I incurred a $12 maintenance fee just because BoA sat on my check for 7 days! I have been a customer for 30+ years, never had a bounced check, but that's how BoA treats its long time customers. BoA = Bucket of **. Better put your money in a credit union than BoA.

As a airline pilot I choose Bank of America due to the many ATMs in the airports. However I've had nothing but frustration and disappointment with this bank. I was issued a temporary debit card when I opened my account. What they don't tell you it expires within 30 so if you haven't gotten your permanent one by then you're screwed. They cannot reactivate it remotely. So I was traveling and they said they would rush me a new one that would be at my hotel the following day. But of course it never showed up. When I called back they said it would be three days for express. Basically leaving me without any access to my money. They have no desire to help you. You're just a number to them. I'm closing my account and going to another bank. Do not bank with them. Go to another bank. Remember you're just another number.

On Friday, April 14, I made a deposit in my BOA account of $200.00. The ATM machine made that money immediately available. I was waiting for that check to pay some small bills I had. I paid my telephone and my son's. On Tuesday I realized that my account was Minus and they were asking me to pay immediately or face a fee. I check up and my check appear as a deposit but in HOLDING. Since I had not more money and I had a check already there I wait, thinking that the check would clear soon, but this never happens. Today is Friday 21 and the check is still in HOLD. I spoke with the friend of mine that send the check from his Citibank account and the check was clear on Tuesday, they get the money already from his account. I am a poor retired person, I believe they don't want clients like me, poor people. They are ruining my little account.

BANK OF AMERICA ARE SCAM ARTISTS!!! My husband and I have had thousands of our HARD EARN MONEY TAKEN RANDOMLY!!! We have always maintain a high balance and live comfortably. That was just an agreement we would always keep a certain amount in our account so that we are always comfortable and have backup money! Well recently we had spend a lot of $$ due to emergency that we had no choice but to spend a lot of what we had. Well we still had money of course but one day I wake up to look at our account to see it's in negatives??? But there was nothing they could was said. Well the negative was ONLY literally a few dollars. But all of sudden BOTH ACCOUNTS were charged negative again and it didn't even say why!!!??? And they supposedly have nothing on their "records".

I am furious so FINALLY we build our money back up. My grandparents sent money. They bank with BOA as well. They sent it as a gift. Literally an hour after I look at my account IT'S ALL GONE AND they DOUBLE CHARGED their 35 dollar fee and they charged a 12 dollar maintenance fee all of a sudden??? I had SO MANY FEES charged and it didn't say WHY!! I look at my account and it says 2 35 dollar charges are being refunded back to our account which equals 70 dollars, but it was actually refunded today but literally within a few minutes they charge 35 dollar fee 2 times AGAIN even though they just approved a dispute charge and refunded it back!!! Now they take it back again?!? I don't understand this bank.

DO NOT BANK WITH THEM. You will be basically paying fees and more fees for outrageous reasons. And they seem to never know where your money went and can't give a refund and if they do give a refund they take it back!!!!????

Hold times are absurd. After 25 minutes on hold, they then transferred me and I am on hold again for another 30 minutes. They do not have online chat help. Basically they do not help!!! The original prompts are incomplete and inaccurate. Horrifying business practices.

I live in the LA and at the moment I pretty much living paycheck to paycheck. It's frustrating I don't do direct deposit because they charge me for it which is ridiculous already. I hate how long it takes to clear a check. I deposit at the ATM because with my schedule the banks are not open when I go in and get out of work. I deposit it on Friday and I only get a credit of 100 dollars or 200 and for the rest of my money I have to wait 'till Tuesday or Wednesday the latest. It's pathetic. And I tried that mobile checking and it takes a whole day to clear. I've had other banks that did it right away before (I didn't like that those other banks were easy to get hacked or something that's why I changed to Bank of America). It's crazy how they charge for almost everything and they take forever to give you your money.

Bank of America robs people completely BLIND! I wish this site had rating button equal to 0 stars for "IT SUCKS!" This bank is the devil's abyss! They excessively charge fees and are obsessed with keeping the bank rich while their customers stay poor simply trying to keep their accounts intact. No surprise they keep getting sued. They reorganize transactions by dollar amount instead of the order that the transactions hit the account. I tend to find from experience that if you're ** and have under $1,000 in your account, they treat you like CRAP!! One day last year in July, I had a check deposit for about $38,000. So... if you have the money, you're NOW "Mr." or "Mrs." or "Miss." I was still scrutinized at the Teller, me being **, and having that much funds (was some of my 401k monies) was asked to show driver's license, debit card, and a third form of I.D.

I was appalled. As I think back today to that occurrence, I should have asked for the $38,000 in all $1s just to give the Teller a hard time. I asked, "Was all of that necessary?" The Teller commented that she wanted to be sure it was me. REALLY??? I'm standing in front of you, you're looking directly IN MY FACE, you have my driver's license, my debit card, a bill with my name on it. What else do I need to do give blood? I then realized, NO... you have just been discriminated against!!! Put your things back in your purse, demand the rest of your IDs back and take your large check to another bank!! Another Teller then stepped in to assist me (so I wouldn't leave). After 30 minutes or so, I had the money (I EARNED BY HARD WORK FROM MY FULL-TIME JOB)!! I absolutely HATE this bank!!! I am considering leaving and going to Wells Fargo or BB&T!!

I have my bank card connected to a card to be used at a convenience store to get .10 off per gallon of gas. It hadn't come out of my account and when it did I was overdrawn. One was for $6 and the second was for $7. For each transaction, I was charged $35. So for a mistake of $13 I have to pay $70. I was told by customer service that if you are over $.01 then you will be charged $35. That is ridiculous!!! There should be a limit as to these fees. I tried to get them refunded but was told no. So much for customer service...at least I'm not traveling on United Airlines....I guess I would have been dragged off!!!

Their customer service is the worst. My account has been compromised twice. This last time someone broke into my account and changed passwords. Called and called and got the run around via their series of rerouting my calls. Finally got put on hold with a supposed 10 minute wait which turned out to be over a 30 minute wait. All the while, my account is compromised and I cannot log in. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER. WORST BANK EVER!

I receive wires regularly from my Broker. On Thursday I was set to receive a wire that never appeared in my account. I called my broker and they gave me the confirmation # and surely it was sent on Thurs. Spoke with Bank of America on Friday off and on for 8 hours to get to the bottom of it. Long story short, "We have placed a hold on it for a review and there is no timetable when it will be released." Well the problem is this is this is my paycheck and I have bills. How can there be no accountability? How can this be legal. Now they are starting to charge me late fees for minor charges as low as 1.99. This should be a lawsuit and illegal.

I had someone steal my debit card from me and use it where they wanted. I filed a dispute stating I did not authorize these charges. BANK OF AMERICA DENIED THE CLAIM. I never got my money back! They just let a criminal steal my money and get away with it. Stating "The charges were done locally" and "You had your card in your possession" basically calling me a liar!!! I was like you dumb **. I told you people I DON'T KNOW WHERE MY CARD IS?! Do not bank with these people! They don't care about their customers!! I'm out almost 500$ of fraud charges now and they don't care!

I have an account in Bank of America since 2015. 2 days back I got a call from Bank of America regarding some insurance policy. I said that I am not interested... even though he is trying to say something and I said sorry. Up here everything is OK but end of the call he said, "** you"... and disconnected the call. This is the not way to talk with customers. I complained to other officer but still I didn't get any reply from them. This not good!!

About a month ago I filed a claim for a bunch of international charges on my account that I have never heard of nor ever purchased anything from and the total came to approx $3000. I was told I would receive a provisional partial credit for the amount of the charges and the rest would follow a few days later, however it was not that way and I still have not been reimbursed for these charges and it's been almost 3 weeks now and I have been given the runaround so many times.

Literally I have been told by at least 6 team members in the risk department to call back tomorrow and they would know 100% for sure as to whether they were denying my claim or not. How can this happen? I called my lawyer today and he is about to take legal action and get the truth from them. They sent me some paperwork in the mail and said my account was closed totally and permanently and I could never bank with them ever again and they were going to issue me a cashiers check, they said I was approved for the claim in the letter I received and that the cashiers check would be at my address on file on Friday, then Monday, then Friday, then Monday back and forth at least 3 weeks now. Help me please, without bothering my attorney for this and having to pay to get my money back.

On Feb. 22nd I closed the BOA accounts. Even though they were closed, they decided to accept a payment from SSI (instead of bouncing it back). I called BOA (over 20 times) to be told that the money would be released 5-10 days, then 5-15 days, then 5-30 days, and now 120 days. The local Social Security office even called while I was there and they were told that yes, BOA has the money in their possession and no, it would not be released for 120 days as per their policy. My account was clean when it was closed and I didn't owe the bank anything. The SSI is for an 11 year old child who fell into a bonfire, has had over 600 surgeries and procedures and just had another partial amputation surgery.

Our water and electric were both turned off due to non-payment of the agreed payment plan. I pawned what little I had to get them back on for now. SSI cannot reissue a payment because BOA has already admitted they have the money so it has already be distributed. SSI asked if BOA could just send the money back and was told no they can't as per their policies. SSI asked if BOA could come up with another solution and was told I could go into a local branch and have the manager call the 800 number to get a check released to the local branch.

When I arrived at the local branch, the bank manager called the number and was told that no that wasn't an option and that I would have to wait for them to send me a check and to allow 120 days. If I do not receive a check after 120 days, then they will issue another check that could take up to 120 days. This is an SSI payment. It does NOT belong to BOA. A disabled child is suffering because of their negligence and lack of concern.

As per SSI's request I have filed a complaint with the BBB and with our local governor's office. This kid has so much already to go through and now he has to deal with not having water to wash his wounds or electric for heat. What an absolutely horrible company to deal with. I really wish someone could help me to get this money released. So far I've had no luck. I really thought SSI had more power but I guess BOA doesn't care who they piss off at this point. SSI was shocked at the lackadaisical attitude of BOA and are going to suggest that others do not use them for direct deposit.

I contacted Bank of America as I could not access my online account. After a lot of talking I was told that my account was frozen due to some reason they could not explain and had to close it. When I asked them to return my money they said that they had no idea when I could get my money back. I have bills to pay and I don't have any other financial institution where I can get funds to pay my bills. It is a very terrible and ongoing case. There is no one to answer or take responsibility. Very bad experience. Not expected from Bank of America and I am having my dealings with them since 2004.

I've been with Bank of America since Jan 2017 and I hate this financial institution. They are scam artists and steal money. I've never seen a balance like they run deposits are at the bottom of the page and somehow my money is always disappearing. Just like tonight I deposited 440 and had the money in there and went to get something at Walgreens and it's saying I have a -balance and I can't purchase my items. Hello just 20 min before the money was there now it's saying I'm a -658 in the hole. I haven't spent that much money combined in weeks. Where did my money go.

This morning I get a -35 dollar fee for a transaction that when I used my card it said I had money. Hello if it's one cent over what I have in my account Bank of America Denies the transaction so it isn't my fault their system is behind. I just hate this bank and when I call they are like "maam you just don't want to accept what I'm telling you". Seriously I ask a question and you do everything but answer the question.

I go to school full time, and BOA stole my tax return. I had a negative checking account that wasn't even linked to my savings account that was supposed to receive my funds. My return was supposed to be credited by direct deposit from the IRS to my savings account. The checking account I had overdrawn to help pay bills months earlier. I have had charges of accounts before and know that they will collect the debt through normal channels, but this they literally just auto-debited out of my account.

I was negative 250 in the checking the tax return was 350, they auto debit the negative 250 without any notice in the middle of the night and proceeded to take the rest for "fees" (i.e. 12 maintenance fee per account) and left me with nothing. Literally I was negative 250 in one account and positive 350 in the other, at 9 am the next morning I was at 0 in the first and negative 10 dollars in the savings. So not only did they steal all my money without my permission (on top of the fact that I now have no money for food or gas, or even a bullet to end my misery after this); This is unacceptable for a business relationship where literally 100's of thousands of dollars have flown between my relationship with these accounts (I've had the account for 15 yrs).

Their customer service is a stone-wall of robotic sounding "machine-people" who will read lawyer speak from their handbook and expect that to be a justification for their midnight thievery. Saying things like "You are causing me to starve this month" or "I need that money so I can get gas in my car to be able to get to work to pay back the money" are all foreign concepts to them. They must be robots having never had to deal with these issues. The managers (Alice and La Shante) both demonstrated their inability to think for themselves, when after explaining that my food and gas and future was all tied up in that 250 dollars, they went on to say, "well we see that 6 months ago your mom threw you 100 bucks. Can you go beg her?"

They wanted me to justify the transactions between myself and family members as a reason whether or not to give me the fund-age back, when it wasn't theirs to decide in the first place! They will talk you in circles and offer no help. ** whole bank. And every ** that works for your stuck up back alley BJ organization. The fact that I will have a 100K job in the next 2 years and the fact that I will be taking all future business with me was completely lost on these neanderthals. Manager are supposed to be able to see beyond the rank and file and see that future loss will be far greater, then begrudging a starving college kid out of 200 bucks.

Hope it was worth it Bank of America. Because honestly your only purpose to exist is to protect the money of your stakeholders, and since I have money invested in the bank (even 1 dollar) I am still the person that you are supposed to make happy. All relationships are about trust, and this bank obviously doesn't trust its customers, and more so, obviously themselves can't be trusted. Good luck running a bank with no customers.

My greatest mistake that I'll forever live with is opening an account with BOA. I was full of confidence when I walked into a BOA branch to open an account not knowing that will be the worst day of my life, I just arrived from Africa some 8 months ago and I used to hear how great BOA is not knowing it's completely the opposite. I walked into a branch to open an account and it took over an hour to have an account opened. The lady that attended to me seems new on the job and doesn't even know what she was doing, I gave her my email address and phone number and all other information she requested and after making deposits through the ATM and setting up my online banking, I headed home.

On getting home, I tried to login into my account but it wouldn't let me. I called the online banking department and after waiting over an hour, I was able to get through to a representative. After verifying my info, I gave him my correct email address and phone number and I received an email immediately informing me that my information has been updated. Few days after, a client made a wire of 3500 into my account. Everything looks good and after some days again, another client made another wire of the same amount of 3500 on a Saturday and on Monday I got another wire of 36000. I signed into my account and both the wire of 3500 on Saturday and the one on Monday were still processing, I went into a BOA branch same Monday to do a wire for 2300 but the lady at the branch told me there's a note on my account from where I opened it that I can only do a wire transfer with my personalized card.

I immediately called BOA customer care and was informed there's was nothing of such. After work same Monday, I headed to the branch to know why I have not received my personalized card yet and why they had to put a note on my account. The lady checked my account and said there was nothing of such and when I asked about my personalized debit card, I was told they already sent it out but I should call customer care to request for the card to be resent. I called customer care and requested for a new card and was told the card would arrive in 5-7 business days. Meanwhile I told the lady at the branch I opened the account that I would like to do a wire but she informed me the banker in charge of wire is not around and to book an appointment go the next day which is on Tuesday.

I booked an appointment and on Tuesday I called customer care before going to the bank only to be told I need to go into a branch so one of their bankers could call and they can tell me what's going on. I went to a branch immediately and the banker told me to wait while he called customer care. After 46 minutes, the banker came back and told me my account is under review and there's nothing that can be done this time. I immediately called BOA customer care again and was informed I needed to go into a branch. I told the rep I'm still at the branch and one of their banker just called but the rep seems lost and confused and transferred me to a manager. After over 2 hours on phone, they kept transferring me to different dept but none could actually help, they finally hung up. I called back again and another rep told me to go to a branch again that they could not see on my account that a banker from their branch called.

After work, I went to the branch I opened the account but before I could even sit down, the bank manager came and told me that my account is on hold and I need to go home, they will give me a call. He told me they tried calling me the previous day but couldn't get thru, that was a blatant lie coz my phone was with me all day and even if I wasn't with my phone when they called, they could have left a voice message. I told the manager I already called customer care and was informed to come into a branch so a branch rep can call to see what can be done but he refused and told me he already knew about the situation and there's nothing he can do. I pleaded with him to even open my account and call the number the customer care told me a branch rep should call but he refused.

Till now no call from anyone and my account is still on hold. I tried checking my account online today only to get a message that I need to update my email address that the one on file is incorrect. I now discovered that the wrong email address which I called to have corrected same day my account was opened was still the same one I was promoted to correct, this bank really sucks. The most painful aspect is that when the 3500 and the 36000 wire cleared my account, I immediately called my company in South Africa to release money to the companies that made payments into the BOA and my company has already released the money to the other merchants, now our own money is still stuck with BOA and no update or phone call from anyone to say what's really happening. This bank sucks.

EDD debit cards - My experience started with B of A due to I was in disability for 2 months and had to get my payments from the State of CA via a Bank of America Visa debit card. Unfortunately my card was recently compromised and someone stole $1123 of my disability payments. As soon as I discovered the breach on my debit card, after my card was declined at a gas station on 3/25/17, I contact the customer service number and spoke with a Jessica 3/25/17. She informed of 3 separate withdrawals on my card that occurred the day before 3/24/17 and one on 3/25/17. All of these illegal withdraws happened in another town, another county. She also informed me I would have to wait till Monday 3/27/17 to file dispute, and she would not give me dispute contact number.

Well, I went to their website, found number and contacted them to file dispute on 3/25/17, and close debit card I had and have them send a new one, 2 day air. I was informed by Amanda and Paige that it would take at least 10 days before reversal of funds after a review of claim. I asked for expedite and Paige said she would put in hardship request to speed it up. I made follow up calls on Monday 3/27 and Tuesday 3/28. By Wednesday 3/29 I spoke with a supervisor Wayne and he informed me the dispute claim was closed, due to he said they determined someone with another debit card and my pin made the withdrawals, and because the person used a pin number it must have been me or someone I know.

He kept insinuating I took the money or someone I knew took the money out. That is NOT the case. Plus my card was with me, I was at work. Now, according to the police dept, my card was probably skimmed and the thief can get pin numbers also when they skim cards. But, this Wayne person was not hearing any of that. Basically I am out $1123 and they have no intention of giving it back to me. I feel as if I was a actual Bank of America customer, EDD accounts do not have B of A bank accounts, they would have treated better and reversed funds right away.

Compare Banks & Credit Unions