1.55/5

Bank of America

Bank of America has credit cards for a variety of purposes, including travel. Read reviews for Bank of America Travel Rewards to learn about travel rewards.

View More View More

3994 Bank of America Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Somebody stole over 1,100 from my wife’s account. After three days of calling they claim it can take up to 90 days to have an answer on our claim. Whoever stole our money did it in two different states at the same time. How is this our fault? BOA claims that we are loyal customers, why can’t they be loyal back and give us a temporary credit to pay bills?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

It seems every time we deposit checks there's always a hold on them, therefore we have to wait 2-3 days to have access to our money. We've gotten used to the whole "any check over $200" the difference being held but today we deposited $350 and they are holding $230 because "the check might be returned". Called Customer Service because you can NEVER get the local branch on the phone and as par for the course they had no idea why but were happy to let me know funds would be available in 2-3 days, like they are doing me some big favor. My husband has a home repair service and we deposit from these customers all the time. We are in the process of moving and needed this money. I'm about to tell BOA what they can do with their 2-3 day fund availability.

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I bank at TowneBank but had a check from work from which I wanted the cash immediately & had no problem with a $8 or $10 fee for the convenience (or so I thought) of saving time on a lunch break with a coworker who was making a deposit at B of A. I knew there was a fee and had no issue with that but I take issue with the interrogation that was performed upon me. The teller asked if I had an account there, totally fair. The teller then asked if I knew there was a fee, also fair to ask. Then he asked where did I bank, if I work at the place on the check and continued about to ask yet another probing question despite him having my driver's license and a check written on his bank.

I then interrupted his interrogation and told him I don't like all these questions, he was literally making me feel like a criminal and very rude. That experience is not how Bank of America, or any bank could ever win a customer. I will wait to go to my bank or set up mobile deposit with them. When I later asked another B of A employee, they said no questions are against their policy and I can go elsewhere. I completely agree. Just letting folks know that B of A is needlessly rude and pushy when you are just trying to cash a check. Be warned.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I originally opened a BofA account to transfer all my funds from Wells Fargo as there are no branches in Boston. When I applied for a credit card right after opening a checkings/savings account I was told I was declined and that I could open one if I paid an initial fee of $40 (on a non-fee credit card). When I accepted I was then told that actually it would also be a prepaid card with a credit limit determined by how much I prepaid it with. I declined. This was a surprise as my FICO score has always ranged between 790 and 830. When I investigated the reasons for this, I found that BofA had ran 3 hard inquiries on my credit which dropped my FICO score to 700. (This increased to 790 the next month.) My banker was Samragnee **.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I have 3 checking accounts with BofA. I've been with them for 19 years, credit cards, mortgages etc. They placed 2 of my checking accounts on hold 3 years ago. I've called numerous times, and had been by the branch to have the holds lifted. Could never get a reason why, much less got the holds lifted. Now that they've drained both accounts charging 25 dollar maintenance fees every month on both accounts for the past 3 years, they're now telling me I can go by a branch to shut them down. It's only because both accounts are below $25 bucks!!! And there's no more money they can pull from them. That's over 2k in taken money!!! Now they're saying you must of had a co-owner on the accounts (must have)... get the facts straight; no one knows why, but I think they should reimburse me for the funds that have been taken from these accounts I had absolutely no access to!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bank of America?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

They will not assist you over the phone - a continuous loop of pushing their mobile app. They 'want' your business but not if it will take one minute of their actual time to assist you! I will now have to go to a branch, which is not conveniently located, nor do I have the time to spare; and spend, I am sure a ridiculous amount of time waiting there for someone to get around to assisting me. And don't have great expectations for much help there. Likely will end up closing out my savings, canceling the credit card and closing the checking as soon as all outstanding checks clear. I really do EXPECT customer service... Fed up with this mess! Really a two hour wait time for assistance! That is only another way of saying, "We will not be helping you!"

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I am sick and tired of banks doing shady stuff. Over a period of two or three days I was charged $257 worth of fees. 5 of which were “non excepts” where I was charged the price of an overdraft to literally just decline the card. It’s appalling that they give no option to just not let the account overdraw. It’s a scam and straight up highway robbery. It’s really like they just went in and stole money from my account under the guise of helping me. Not to mention when I was on the phone with them they transferred me to four different departments that had no idea what to do.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

On September 28, 2018 I woke up to a text message about my account having fraudulent activities. Prior to this I had to keep changing my online password because it kept kicking me out. I called the 1-800 number that was given to me and filed a claim. A Zelle transaction was made which I didn't authorize at ALL. Drove 40 mins to the nearest bank to closed that account and open a new one with new debit cards. I couldn't open one because they had a freeze on my account and would not let me get the remaining money out of the account. I waited two weeks for them to tell me they denied my claim due to validation. Who validated? Jesus? Because I didn't send or authorize anybody or anything to come out me account to give to somebody 5 states away.

BOA wanted me to check with my phone service to see if the firewalls had been hacked and to send confirmation of that and they would PROBABLY RECONSIDER looking into it. Who freaking does that? Regardless of hacked or not I DIDN'T AUTHORIZE anybody anything. They want me to just let $300 just go away like that. Then I had to go in loops to even get the remaining amount of money out of the account. This bank is a joke and I advice anybody to look for another bank if they are considering BOA. Somebody hacked in on their account but want to blame the customer. I have never seen any bank to be so careless as them.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

My debit card was due for replacement (expiry date 10/19) so I got the automatically generated email saying it had been dispatched. Trouble is I live in United Kingdom but the machine which addresses the envelope stopped at the County and then put a string of 0000000. It cannot cope with putting a country as the last line. After 3 weeks and no sign of a card I phone the customer call centre (when did they get rid of the online chat facility??? It was good so they scrapped it no doubt) and speak to an 'associate' who assures me she is re-entering the address and yes the last line will be United Kingdom. 2 days later I get the automated email telling me the card has been dispatched. Yet again the address ends with Surrey (my county) and 000000. No sign of United Kingdom.

I now have 2 cards going round and round in the US Postal Service. Yet another trans-Atlantic call (1st one is cut off having waited 45 mins to get through) and I end up with an Associate who cannot read and pronounce the words Surrey and Northern Ireland. As you would expect I have zero confidence in getting the matter sorted. Ask to speak to a supervisor. The only way round the problem is get card send to friends in Florida and they forward it. Bank of America states it does not reimburse calls to the States or postage; even when you are trying to sort out the shortcomings of their automated systems. Bank of America = You had better be in America to bank with us.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I've now been on the phone for more than 90 minutes trying to reach Bank of America to discuss an important credit card issue. This wait time is ridiculous and completely unacceptable! The underlying credit card problem is also quite serious.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I am furious about "Bank Of America." I totally paid off my balance, over $4000! And they had put a overdraft fee on my account, when I called to ask to have it removed, I was treated like a nut! Wanted to know why I was late, when I asked for his name he didn't want to tell me. Finally he said Ryan but against policy to say last name? I think they make a good chunk of change off its customers, with no respect to them.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I deposited 1410.00 in my checking account cash and I also forgot my card in the machine. My deposit was not credited to my account. I went inside the bank and asked them to pull the cameras because I needed my money it was to cover my rent. I was told to file a claim which I did and the money would be credited within 24-48 hours. Lies. I waited on the phone more than an hour just to be told my claim would be in someone’s hands today! I also have to wait on my credit to my account of my money I put in the bank! Do not trust banks they do not care about you. You are a number! They could care less if you have your money you deposited to feed your kid or just to simply survive! I will never put cash in BOA again and once this is over I’m closing my account and if they credit my money back I’m suing! I believe they are stealing our money!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

OK I have needed to visit my branch weekly because they don't know how to value security. In one month I have claimed at least 3 unauthorized transactions, so I follow the link to the bank's mailbox and they won't recognize my passcode. So I had to change it 3 times because the user ID box is bugged and it erases whatever username I have saved. So I get that fixed and then they want my social security # and my debit card # for access? It's not finished yet though now they want me to make a new passcode again and again 3 times in total. Isn't that the bank violating their own golden rules just to force me to keep changing my passcode 3 times?

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Didn't get the "cash". 10/5/18 I requested $320.00 then $240.00 = $560. Got $190. I posted my "experience on my Facebook. After 40 years I'm changing banks, US Bank here I come. 1. Consumers will tell at least 16 people about poor service experiences. 2. Over 50% consumers have cancelled a planned purchase or transaction because of bad service. 3. 33% of consumers say they’ll consider switching companies after just a single instance of poor service. 4. After one negative service experience, over 50% of customers will not do business with that company. 5. Companies lose more than $62 billion annually due to poor customer service. ALL five example$ above have the word "service". Service – make the difference. Think about it there’$ TRILLION$ of reason$.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

Over and over again...Bank of America has kicked me when I was down. As a not-yet-successful entrepreneur, my balance often drops to dangerous levels. I don't over-draw but I often get down to the point where the balance goes under $35 so of course Bank of America takes that as a fee. Makes sense... Two years ago they finally cancelled my no-fee checking account when my balance went too low for a while. Now...as long as I have a solid balance they simply impose fees whenever they can. Pure evil. But just like ALL modern banks.

Now they've taken it too far. Out of nowhere, they've decided to place a hold on my regular payroll check citing no reason. I know the reason is because my balance is low. So here's how it works. If the customer HAS plenty of money take as much of it as you can. But if the customer has very little money try to take it all. Try to force them into a position where their balance goes lower and lower so that fees can be imposed and the rest of the balance can be drained. Bank of America does not need customers like me. But next month, I will finally be receiving a long awaited investment in my business. Needles to say I will not be opening my business accounts there.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

Prior to the events that occurred in the spring of last year (2017), I was a loyal Bank of America customer. I made sure that I followed bank policies and I thought that if something were to happen to me (say, being a victim of a work from home scam) that Bank of America would look out for me but that wasn't the case. Instead, they made me feel like I was a criminal and closed my checking and saving account. Despite not knowing that a deposit that was sent to my account came from an account with a history of fraudulent activity, they were not willing to reverse their decision to close the account and reported me to ChexSystems. As a result, I now have to wait at least 5 years before I can try to open an account anywhere. Even if Bank of America were to give me another chance (which, for the record, they say that I wouldn't to open an account there EVER AGAIN), I would go elsewhere.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

Bank of America has provided terrible customer service. On October 6, 2018 I attempted to withdraw funds at an ATM using POS debit. I received the message "transfer incomplete". Having experiences Bank of America's extremely aggressive "fraud protection" before, I checked my email. As expected within a few minutes I received an email (above) indicating that my account had been disabled, and that to re-enable it I would need to call a customer support number.

I called the number provided and was placed on hold for ~12 minutes. The representative who responded told me that I would need to speak to a "senior analyst", and I was placed on hold again for ~15 minutes, at which point the call was disconnected. I called again and was again on hold for ~10 minutes. The representative who answered this time indicated that there was no one available to assist me, and that I would need to call back the following day. In short, I spent ~40 minutes to receive no assistance. My account is still disabled and the funds are unavailable. Please re-enable the account immediately, and STOP disabling the account for activity that is not fraud.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

Every time you call there are always long hold times. I took the option of a call back so I wouldn’t have to wait on hold. Was told it would be between 29-48 mins. 4 hours later I got my call back. They told me to please wait. I’m next online. I’m still on hold 46 mins now. This bank sucks.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

It amazes me that Bank of America remains one of the biggest banks in the US. Given how they continually put the screws on their own customers, it's a testament to the failure of contemporary capitalism. Although I don't live in America anymore, an American account in order to pay my student loan debt and make use of a US account whenever I visit my family. I regularly send in money to my account at the beginning of every month, although sometimes the payments take a little longer since it is an international transfer. This month my money was literally late by less than half a day, but this didn't stop BoA from charging me $105 (!!!!) in overdraft fees.

When I called and explained to them what happened, after 1 hour of waiting on the customer service line, they informed me that they would not be refunding me any money at all. Keep in mind, this company routinely charges 14 dollars a month in "maintenance fees" aka the privilege of having an account with Bank of America. When I asked what could be done to get out of this fee, they said it can be avoided by opening another account. In other words, feed into the scam that is Bank of America. Well, no longer, I am done. Bank of America is basically the embodiment of corporate evil in America, and I've had enough.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Went to deposit cash into my daughter's a account today so she’d have immediate access to the funds. I was told since I’m not on her account it is not allowed. I was told it was for my own safety! I had her name, account number and address on the slip, When I asked what was allowed and considered “safe”. Their reply was, “Oh we’d accept a personal check or money order.” I’m just plain speechless!!! This is just unbelievable. What bank refuses to take CASH???

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

On September 21,2018, I electronically transferred $800.00 from Capital One to my Bank of America checking account using Bank of America's website. The transaction was scheduled as a one-day transaction. Therefore, the money should have been in my Bank of America checking account by the end of the business day. However, this was not the case.

When I noticed that the transaction was not settled, I called Bank of America. They transferred me from person to person. I spoke to over fifteen Associates. Even though I had the confirmation number for the transaction, they could not settle the issue. They saw that the money was debited from my Capital One account on September 24. Finally, after speaking to someone at the Executive Customer Service Level, I was informed that the $800.00 transaction would be settled by October 4th. Needless to say, it was not settled. Executive customer service did explain that there was a technology error, which is not my problem. My money was taken out of my Capital One and disappeared into thin air. Bank of America owes me $800.00 of my own money. It has been two weeks and no one at Bank of America has helped to retrieve my money. Consequently, I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau as I need to obtain my money.

Bank of America does not care about the financial sustainability of customers. Thankfully, I am fortunate enough to be able to pay my bills, but what about those individuals who rely on their money immediately for living expenses? Would Bank of America stand by and watch someone be evicted from their apartment or lose a home due to foreclosure? Does Bank of America care if someone has food on the table? It seems to me that Bank of America is very uncompassionate towards customers. This is a key problem in our society. Everything seems to be about corporations making money as opposed to the well being of our fellow human beings. I strongly advise all individuals who bank at Bank of America to close their accounts and move to a trustworthy bank. It is unfortunate that in today’s day and age, corporations cannot be trusted. Do not wait until this happens to you.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I made a check deposit by teller at a local branch on a Friday. By Saturday I still did not even see the check pending to my account so I called customer service. I was told there was no record of my check ever being deposited. Despite having my of deposit slip, I was transferred from department to department and ultimately told it’s not customer services responsibility and the liability falls on the branch where the deposit was made. So, I had to drag my 2 year old down to the branch where the deposit was made and was told it wasn’t their error, it was an internal error. I have never dealt with such poor customer service and negligence in my life! All anyone did was point the finger at the next person.

Finally a claim to locate my lost deposit was submitted and it is now 4 days later with no sign of my check. I am now inconvenienced yet again, and having to contact the issuer of the check in order to have them stop payment on it so a new check can be issued. This entire process has been a nightmare with no sense of urgency on Bank of America’s part. Needless to say, I was once a long time customer of this bank of over 10 years but I will be taking my business elsewhere.

After fighting with them since Saturday about my funds, I still don’t have my money and have been told “they are working on locating my check.” Nobody is expediting this process, or offered to put the amount of the check in my account during their research and retrieval process. The responsibility of this entire ordeal has been placed on me, despite their negligence! I was responsible for making all calls, claims and dragging my toddler down to the branch. Literally the worst customer service I have ever experienced. After a little google search, it turns out this happens to thousands of other customers regularly when making large check deposits; some of which are still fighting for their money a year later with legal representation. After this situation I will be closing all my accounts and my credit cards with them.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I spent 6 hours on the phone today getting transferred from department to department. Every department never gave me a direct answer on what was wrong with my international wire. I had TERRIBLE customer service. I will be removing my business and personal account from them and going to Wells Fargo.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I called Bank of America with an ongoing issue. Let me start by saying I’ve been a member since 1994. I stay with Bank of America because typically they have been good to me as a consumer and therefore I’ve been a loyal customer. However, the last 26 months I’ve had to make numerous calls to stop an automatic debit of $12.99/mo for BAC credit surveillance. I have had another company monitoring my credit for years and did not need this service. I did not pay attention every month to realize they continued to deduct the $12.99. Every couple of months I would review my statement and realize Bank of America continued to remove this from my account. I consistently called every 2-4 months over the past 26 months to stop this.

It has come to the point I feel my own bank of 24 years is stealing from me. Every time I explained this to an associate I heard the same thing “I apologize, it should no longer occur”. Unfortunately, until I spoke to Raul no one had ever given me a reference number or case number (which I did not know one should have been generated each time the request was made). Raul sincerely took an interest in my frustration and explained the process, gave me his name, a case number, and asked I call to follow up with the provided information. To date, $337.74 have been removed from my account without my permission. Unfortunately the cost of an attorney is not worth the time and effort to retrieve.

However, I will post my extreme loss of trust I have with Bank of America publicly so others will know what they are getting themselves into. I have been a loyal customer for a very long time and would not expect this unprofessionalism from this type of corporation but then again I didn’t expect it like in the early 2000s when Bank of America had a system that consistently charged ridiculous overdraft fees after strategically processing larger charges first regardless of date charged. I didn’t forget and I’m sure after being sued they did not forget either. I believe Raul provided me exceptional service and as a nursing director in a mid-size hospital, I would be glad to have him on my team. As for you Bank of America, it’s time I take my business to a more trustworthy corporation.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

This past March 14, 2017, I was the victim of fraud by a Bank of America (BofA) customer who called himself “Richard.” This customer gave me his Bank of America account number and shared numerous fraudulent contracts impersonating multiple individuals who do not exist. Ultimately, I transferred $6,000 to “Richard’s” Bank of America account from my account shortly before realizing he was defrauding me.

As a fellow Bank of America customer, I believed I was protected by Bank of America and furthermore. I believed that Bank of America had the consumer protections necessary to avoid dealing with criminals, to detect fraudulent behavior proactively, and if nothing else, to have the basic capacity to intervene and help when a customer tells Bank of America to cancel 2 transfers totaling $6,000 due to fraudulent activity.

After I notified the authorities of Richard’s fraudulent behavior, the San Francisco DA’s office began investigating and continues to search for Richard today. However, Bank of America decided not to cancel my transfers, and later ‘unfroze’ this criminal’s BofA account, enabling Richard to walk away with $6,000 in an honest customer’s money, fraudulently, while BofA knew of Richard potentially fraudulent behavior.

On Monday, March 20, I went into Bank of America with files proving up to 9 instances of fraud with a total of 99 pages of documentation that I shared to provide fraud. Bank of America initially froze Richard’s account on Friday, March 17, 2017 for potential identity theft. However, the instant BofA learned that it might not be directly liable (i.e., only indirectly) for this criminal activity and that the fraud occurred outside of Bank of America, Bank of America re-opened Richard’s account and knowingly enabled Richard to withdraw all $6,000, the entirety of my life savings.

If Bank of America had acted responsibly and like all of the other U.S. Banks, had implemented infrastructure to prevent fraud, return transfers made due to fraud, or had simply kept Richard’s BofA account frozen for just a few days longer, the authorities would have gotten involved and my $6,000 would have been returned to me, as the criminal would have been forced to forfeit his account. Instead, BofA was negligent, ignoring a loyal customer’s pleas and aiding and abiding criminal activity. This is how Bank of America’s negligence facilitated an instance of fraud & money laundering.

To expound, when the U.S. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau reached out to BofA in lieu of me reporting this situation just a short week later, Bank of America responded to the CFPB by closing Richard’s account for ‘suspicious behavior’. For the first time, BofA took action. However, this action was in an effort to protect itself, rather than its valued customers. About 3 weeks after the $6,000 transfer was executed, the San Francisco District Attorney’s Consumer Fraud division contacted BofA with Richard’s bank account information (provided by me). Bank of America refused to provide the SFDA’s office with the name of the individual using his account number, knowing that a subpoena would be the only way to investigate further. Bank of America stifled a government investigation rather than helping its client and the SFDA.

The fact is that even while knowing of an open investigation and having access to 99 pages of documentation proving Richard’s fraudulent activity, Bank of America acted against the best interest of its client, disregarding the facts, aiding and abiding a criminal in committing fraud, and stifling justice at customer’s expense. In short, Bank of America acted negligently.

As of my last communication with the SFDA on Dec 1, 2017, there was still an open investigation to find “Richard”. Bank of America has since closed Richard’s account and denied the SFDA’s requests to obtain “Richard’s” true identity. I fear I will never get my $6,000 back, for BofA willingly facilitates money laundering until the US authorities get involved, whereupon BofA seems willing to obstruct justice and the American justice system in favor of protecting itself despite its own customers’ chagrin.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I have an e bank account with BOA. I've been with them for 5 years. E banking is free if you never go into the bank for service, I do everything online. They started charging me a 12.00 maintenance fee and then the BOA in my town closed. Bank Of America is a horrible bank! Always taking money.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Company I was trying to work with was nothing but fraud. Afterward found them on Ripoff Report - did not find them before - new posting. Bank of America would not put back my money. Have been with them for 11 years. I cancelled my account - screw them. We are on social security - elder abuse - not rich. Don't trust banks with your money - they are the "BIGGEST THIEVES OF ALL." $233.00.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I received a letter to open up a checking account and get a $100 bonus. I needed two deposits within 90 days to qualify for the bonus. I have other accounts, I only opened this up for the $100. I opened up the account in April 2018, they said it took 90 days to get the bonus. No problem. I called today, September 26 2018 to find out why my bonus was not in my account. They told me that the deposits I made did not 'qualify' and the bonus was declined. Not only that, they charged me $12.00 a month. Bank of America is a total Scam. Total Pukes. I don't need the money, but it's the point of a multi-billion dollar company to shake me down for $12 a month. Total Pukes. Stay far far far away from this company.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

12 a month fee, very sneaky and this has been going on for years. They trap you in to have a checking to pay your credit card - will not allow payments from OUTSIDE BANKS. Then sock it to you with checking fees. EVERYONE LEAVE AND WE NEED A CLASS ACTION.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Recently my uncle passed leaving me as trustee to his account. Upon receipt of the death certificate I met with an "adviser" to set his accounts up under his trust. The first attempt was a disaster. Advised they couldn't help me because I didn't have an appointment. So I tried the next day to call and set up an appointment - no answer on three attempts. Tried to go online - unable to schedule an appointment because website is set for existing users. Like I have his passwords. He's dead. Drove to bank to set appointment - asked to come back in 2 hours. Finally, second attempt which lasted 2 1/2 hours resulted in BofA claiming I needed additional notarized documents and they do not have a notary.

Third attempt which lasted 2 hours they were able to upload documents and close accounts but their systems were down and unable to write a cashier's check. I was told to call during the day to see when it would be resolved or visit another branch which was at least 15 minutes away. I asked to speak with a manager to ensure that I would receive my monies being that the account was closed and she left me in lobby for over 15 minutes before acknowledging me. Same response from manager - email "adviser" for update on their systems. Have been calling all afternoon for update and no one answers the phone! The kicker is that during all this I was asked why I don't bank with them. Final response (once I do get my check) is it will be a cold day in hell before I do business with these unprofessional imbeciles.

Bank of America expert review by Barbara Friedberg

For 200 years, Bank of America has helped their customers, client’s and the community meet their financial goals. Bank of America prides itself in its competitive financial offerings and strong investment in the community.

• Services: The banks services span general banking, credit cards, loans and investment products. Their services cater to individuals and business customers.

• Convenient locations: Bank of America’s global reach serves 47 million consumers and small businesses with 4,700 financial centers and 16,000 ATMs.

• Financing options: The Bank of America loan products includes mortgage, refinancing, home equity, auto, business and more.

• Credit card products: Bank of America has a suite of credit card choices including cash rewards, travel, low interest rate, small business and cards designed to repair damaged credit.

• Banking services: In addition to the standard checking and savings accounts the company has offerings for students, online and mobile banking customers.

• Investment and insurance offerings: The company offers a variety of wealth management opportunities to help customers save for their children’s college or their own retirement. Bank of America also offers insurance products.

• Financial education: Bank of America is committed to helping its customers understand their finances and provides resources on budgeting and financial planning on its website.

• Mobile banking: Bank of America's mobile app gives customers 24/7 account access with fingerprint sign-in. Consumers can deposit checks, receive mobile alerts, receive cash back deals and more.

• Best for: Bank of America offers suitable banking products for all consumers.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg