Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.44/5
Based on 1,060 ratings submitted in the last year

Bank of America offers mortgage loans nationwide and has lending specialists available online and at branch locations. If you’re searching for a mortgage loan, loan refinancing or a home equity loan, visit Bank of America’s website to apply.

Bank of America Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bank of America?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bank of America?

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

I had many different types of accounts with the Bank of America since opening my first account in year 2008. To date, all accounts operate and have always operated exactly as advertised. Never seen their website down. Never had any problems with any transactions (plastic card, electronic transfers, checks, etc.). BoA is quick to resolve fraudulent charges. Staff members across multiple branches I visited in those years have been welcoming and professional. I believe I am a tough rater, but I cannot think of anything else to even wish for. Through those years of 100% proven reliability I have gained a great confidence in the bank.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

I have banked with Bank of America (BoA) ever since they were NCNB. I’ve seen the highs and the lows, as they say, with BoA development and my own financial challenges. The one thing I will say is that I’ve always been able to go to a branch, or call a number and have an issue clarified, explained or resolved, usually in my favor. Currently, I am a “Platinum” member customer (never thought I’d see the day), so I enjoy a number of perks. I like that I have BoA AND Merrill Lynch at my fingertips and easily accessible on the BoA app. I study the operations of other financial institutions, and while there’s some innovative ideas they present, such as Capital One’s “cafe” set up, I’ve seen those innovative ideas come and go (Washington National [Wachovia] tried it back in the 2000’s). Slow and steady wins it, for me. That’s what BoA does for me.

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

My only problem with Bank of America is they don't have individual health savings account. My company does not offer this as a benefit but my company's health insurance does qualify under the IRS rules as a high deductible health plan. I would like to open one for myself but BOA does not offer it so I need to go elsewhere to open this type of account; which is a pain since all my banking accounts are with Bank of America.

Original review: July 27, 2020

Reps are always courteous, knowledgeable, and professional, whenever I call Bank of America, the wait time is minimal and the reps are very well trained and know the answers to my questions. I have been a customer of. Bank of America for over thirty five years. During the time in which I have had an account, the bank’s name has changed more times than I can remember. During all the changes that the bank has gone through, their customer service reps have consistently remained customer oriented.

Original review: June 14, 2020

I had an issue while opening an Online Checking and Savings Account, whereas I could have just disregarded and went to another bank. Though I sought to resolve this by requesting help through B.B.B. Ms. Nancy ** was extremely proficient and professional and went above and beyond to get my accounts opened. Ms. Nicole ** at Wheeler Road Branch in Augusta, Georgia assisted me in a timely, kind, safe and welcoming way! It's important to recognize such service!

J.W.

Original review: April 10, 2021

For some reason I can't print credit card statements. This started about two periods ago. I notice on Google I am not the only one. The instructions to fix it are bogus, every other statement I can print except Bank of America. This is very frustrating. No one seems to help me or any others solve this problem.

Original review: April 9, 2021

This bank is a disappointment. The customer service is just being transferred from one department to another until they hang up on you. They continue to close branches and remove ATMs and raise their fees. Chose another bank.

Original review: April 2, 2021

Bank Of America is the Worst! If I could give negative stars I would. Been over a wk of calling them to get my card unlocked been hung up on, lied to, no one cares. Asked to speak to supervisor. Of course every time they're not available. I am about to lose my car. I have funds trying to go on card but can't bc it locked. Most disrespectful customer Service. I will be going next steps whether it's going to news outlet/looking up what other actions I can take. This is awful way they treat people!

Original review: March 31, 2021

No one cares about you if you call customer service. If you are one day late with your payment they will charge fee and keep charging interest, even violating their terms and conditions that say no late fee will be charged for balance less than $100. Good bye Bank of America, I will find someone who cares like Discover, Capital One, USbank, Chase etc.

Original review: March 31, 2021

I went to a Bank of America drive thru (due to Covid rules) to cash a check written to me. The teller said to come inside and since I didn't have an acct it would be $1 charge. I went inside and they said it would be an $8 charge. I inquired as to why the change? The teller said, "It's our policy. Is there a reason your own bank wouldn't cash it?" My response, "Yes, they would but I want to know it's not going to bounce on my account. That's why I'm cashing it here because you can guarantee the funds." It didn't matter, that's their policy. Supervisor would not budge. That's ridiculous! I left BofA as a customer a long time ago due to the number of "Bank errors".

Bank of America author review by Barbara Friedberg

For 200 years, Bank of America has helped their customers, client’s and the community meet their financial goals. Bank of America prides itself in its competitive financial offerings and strong investment in the community.

• Services: The banks services span general banking, credit cards, loans and investment products. Their services cater to individuals and business customers.

• Convenient locations: Bank of America’s global reach serves 47 million consumers and small businesses with 4,700 financial centers and 16,000 ATMs.

• Financing options: The Bank of America loan products includes mortgage, refinancing, home equity, auto, business and more.

• Credit card products: Bank of America has a suite of credit card choices including cash rewards, travel, low interest rate, small business and cards designed to repair damaged credit.

• Banking services: In addition to the standard checking and savings accounts the company has offerings for students, online and mobile banking customers.

• Investment and insurance offerings: The company offers a variety of wealth management opportunities to help customers save for their children’s college or their own retirement. Bank of America also offers insurance products.

• Financial education: Bank of America is committed to helping its customers understand their finances and provides resources on budgeting and financial planning on its website.

• Mobile banking: Bank of America's mobile app gives customers 24/7 account access with fingerprint sign-in. Consumers can deposit checks, receive mobile alerts, receive cash back deals and more.

by Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance Contributing Editor