Best Matchmaking Services
Matchmaking companies are devoted to finding suitable romantic partners for their customers. Use our guide to research the best matchmaking service for you. We explain how matchmaking works, what types of services are available and what to look for in companies that use information about their clients to pair appropriately matched people.
- Our recommendations are based on what reviewers say.
- 4,009,135 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
Compare Top Matchmaking Service Reviews
Read 1,862 Reviews
Activity-based dating network of 30,000 singles in 12 cities. Usually $100 to $200 a month. Common adventures include skydiving, wine tasting, traveling and other activities. Must be 21+ and unmarried or in the process of divorce.
|Shop Now Call Now Toll Free (800) 386-0866|
Read 6,415 Reviews
Provides matchmaking services for busy professionals looking for meaningful relationships. Handles everything in a personalized manner, from the initial interview process to making all the arrangements for face-to-face dates.
Read 26 Reviews
Personalized private matchmaking, date and relationship coaching nationwide. Like headhunters for love, this company can go beyond its lovebase to help find you the one. Free profile submissions accepted to be matched.
Read 103 Reviews
Master Matchmaker is a full-service matchmaker that guarantees introductions and offers coaching to help you succeed on dates. Joann and Steve Ward operate the service, which serves clients in all 50 states.
|Get Started Call Now Toll Free (800) 734-9230|
Read 14 Reviews
Based in New England, Successful Singles is a dating site that has been in operation since 1984. It works with attractive, well-educated residents who are interested in meeting other singles looking for a long-term relationship.
Chat with a ConsumerAffairs decision guideLive agent
Read 14 Reviews
Elite Matchmaking has been offering matchmaking services in some of the nation's largest cities for over 22 years. Agents meet personally with members and coach them after every date to help ensure dating success.
Chat with a ConsumerAffairs decision guideLive agent
Read 18 Reviews
Selective Search uses Fortune 500 recruitment techniques to match members to other compatible members. The company has an 87 percent success rate with its clients, thanks to the use of its Meet Your Future process.
Chat with a ConsumerAffairs decision guideLive agent
How much does a matchmaker cost?
Matchmaking companies are a lot more expensive than internet dating companies. Expect to pay anywhere from $5,000–$50,000 a year for a set number of matches or introductions. This fee generally includes an element of coaching, such as pre-date guidance and post-date feedback, which is a key service difference between matchmaking services and online dating.
How does matchmaking work?
1. Go through a qualifying process
Not all matchmakers will work with any prospective client. In fact, many of the services require customers to qualify for their services in a myriad of ways before they work to match them with a partner. Matchmakers will check to make sure their clients aren’t in any way already committed to another person before proceeding. They also will usually run background checks on all their clients for safety reasons.
2. Set matchmaking goals
The specific goals of the matchmaking company is an important factor for clients to consider when choosing a matchmaker. Most matchmaking companies operate to match potential partners for a long-term serious relationship. If you’re looking for a more casual relationship, then an online dating site or app might be a better fit for you.
3. Add your personal information
In order to match clients with potential matches, matchmakers require customers to submit a range of relevant personal information. This is normally done during a face-to-face interview and allows matchmakers to get to know their clients and to create a profile of each customer to match them with other good potential matches from their client base or beyond. Matchmaking services will usually initially require basic information like name, age, location and a photo submitted online to assess if they can properly match a potential client.
4. Meet your matches
Matchmaking companies offer a variety of services, including matching clients with a wide variety of people or a smaller, more specific pool of people. Larger national matchmakers who have lots of resources usually have a wider and more varied pool of matches. Smaller matchmaking companies tend to focus on particular niches, including only serving clients who have a particular sexual preference, religious affiliation or cultural heritage.
What are the different types of matchmakers?
Full-service in-person matchmaking companies
Most matchmaking companies use professional matchmakers who work closely with clients in-person to get a good sense of their personalities and with whom they would pair well.
Hybrid ‘customer-driven’ matchmaking companies
A few matchmaking companies do the in-person interviews and then are more customer-driven after the initial interview. They offer an internet-based platform on which customers can browse through potential matches and make contact themselves.
Compatibility algorithm companies
Matchmaking companies are moving toward using computer-based algorithms to match potential partners. They gather information about clients from their initial online screening and interview and match them based on personality (stated and inferred) and preferences, and then use a pre-programmed system to match up the best potential pairs.
Who can matchmaking services help?
Single people looking for a relationship
Single people who are looking for a relationship can turn to a matchmaker to find a good pairing. Many matchmakers have a reasonable selection of customers interested in a committed partnership. Ask the matchmaker to show you how many people they have in their database in your desired age range, and look at testimonials.
Divorcees or widows looking for new love
Adults who have ended one relationship and are looking for a new partnership, but have been out of the dating pool for many years, are good candidates for matchmakers. Matchmakers can pair them with the right pool of singles looking for partners in their age range, and they can benefit greatly from the pre-date guidance and post-date feedback.
People who are new in town
A particularly good use of matchmakers is with people who are new in town. The benefit is greater to them than to locals because even if they don’t make a great long term match on a date, they’ve expanded their social world. People who are new to a geographic area who want to meet more people like them can use a matchmaking firm for this purpose and hopefully find a longer-term match as well.
Matchmaking services FAQ
- How do I choose a matchmaker?
Choosing a matchmaker starts with knowing your budget. Matchmaking services can fall anywhere between $5,000 to $50,000 a year. The next step is understanding the matchmaking types.
- Full-service, in-person matchmaking companies work with you in person to find the best match for you.
- Hybrid, "customer-driven" matchmaking companies start with a detailed interview and present an internet-based list of potential matches.
- Compatibility algorithm companies work with algorithms that take personal data and turn them into a list of matches.
Ask the matchmaker about their process for finding matches, and avoid working with someone who requires a long-term contract.
- What does a matchmaker do?
- A matchmaker takes the time to get to know you and what you’re seeking in a partner. Then, they take your information and use it to find potential dates. Most professional matchmaking companies do background checks on all clients for safety reasons and strive to give you your most compatible options.
- What do professional matchmakers cost?
- The average cost of a professional matchmaker starts around $5,000. However, that varies significantly based on the provided services — as with many services, cheaper isn’t always better. However, you can always test the water with internet dating sites.
- What is a genuine matchmaker?
- A genuine matchmaker is a professional matchmaker who seeks out authentic connections and not short-term flings.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Author reviews for matchmaking services
It's Just Lunch! is a matchmaking service that caters to professionals who would like to meet over lunch or drinks. This service has over 23 years of matchmaking experience.
- Uses professional matchmakers: Rather than leaving meetings up to chance, matchmakers meet with users for a confidential interview. They then match users based on the information discussed during this meeting.
- All matches take place at partner restaurants: It's Just Lunch! sets up dates at local restaurants they are partnered with, taking the stress out of deciding where to have the first date.
- Focus on privacy: Prior to the first meeting, users are only given their date's first name, description and reason why the matchmaker thinks the date will work out.
- Users can give feedback on every date: Whether a date works out or it is a dud, matchmakers want to hear what happened and follow up after every date to fine tune the dating process based on the user's experience.
- Matchmakers can be found worldwide: No matter where users are in the world, they can make a date through It's Just Lunch!
Events & Adventures offers a unique take on the traditional concept of matchmaking. By adding in the element of adventure, this dating company works to take the nerves out of any first date.
- Group meetings: Events & Adventures makes a first date experience more like a social club. Everyone involved meets up for a fun activity and gets to know each other under easygoing circumstances.
- Vetting process: Meeting someone for the first time is filled with uncertainty. With Events & Adventures, participants know that the person they meet is who they say they are. A complete vetting prior to any adventure helps ensure a safe and fun time.
- Dating for introverts: In most dating situations, the extroverts get all the attention, but this unique dating service works just as well for the introverts out there. It allows a group of people to meet and interact naturally, removing the stress of the dating atmosphere.
- Activity variety: Put the dinner and a movie model out of your mind when you sign up with Events & Adventures. They offer 30-50 great event choices each month.
- International adventures: Where most dating services feel they've done their job after the first date, Events & Adventures works to keep the fun going all around the world. Participants can enjoy local activities and international travel, all with a group of like-minded adults.
Master Matchmaker is operated by Joann and Steve Ward. The mother-son duo hosted and produced Tough Love on VH1 and cowrote Crash Course in Love. Master Matchmaker offers dating coaching and matchmaking services to help singles find dating happiness. The full-service matchmaking service is available in all 50 states.
Destin and Rachel met online in 2005 and got married in 2011. In addition to finding compatible matches for singles who are looking for love, their company also provides coaching services for singles and couples. Their VIP love introductions are personal and confidential and can help you find the perfect love match.
- Personal matching service: Destin and Rachel offer a personalized approach to matching you with people you’ll connect with. Instead of agreeing to meet a stranger for drinks, you’ll get Love Introductions with people who are likely to be a good match.
- Date coaching: Destin and Rachel’s date coaching service can help you figure out what to do to have more luck on the dating scene. Ideal for people who are new to dating, hate online dating or are getting back on the dating scene after a hiatus. You can book a single or package session.
- Help dealing with exes: Break-ups are hard, which is why Destin and Rachel offer services to help you get over your ex. They’ll walk you through the steps to take to get closure and move on from your ex and into a new relationship.
- Relationship coaching: If you’re in a relationship but need some advice from an objective third party, sign up for relationship coaching with Destin and Rachel. You can sign up with your partner or on your own to figure out what you need to make your relationship stronger.
- Online dating profile management: Creating and maintaining your online dating profile can be exhausting and frustrating. Let Destin and Rachel take over the work for you. They’ll choose your platform, set up an appealing profile and sort through your matches. They’ll even chat online for you and end connections for you. All this will free up your time and make it more likely that you’ll only find legitimate matches.
Selective Search is a matchmaking company that was founded in 2000. The company is considered to be the largest luxury dating service In North America.
Elite Matchmaking is a matchmaking service that has been in business for 22 years. The company operates in Beverly Hills, Houston, San Diego, San Francisco, Boston, Orange County, Fort Lauderdale, D.C. and New York.
Information in this guide is general in nature and is intended for informational purposes only; it is not legal, health, investment or tax advice. ConsumerAffairs.com makes no representation as to the accuracy of the information provided and assumes no liability for any damages or loss arising from its use.
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.