Events and Adventures

Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Minneapolis, Phoenix, San Francisco, Santa Clara, and Vancouver BC

4.0/5 (157 ratings)

About Events and Adventures

Events and Adventures is an invitation-only network of singles and others looking to meet people with similar interests. It offers 30 to 50 local events each month, including horseback riding, skydiving, wine tasting and simple hangouts. Visit its website to learn more about how to get involved.

Pros

• Large membership
  • Available in 12 major cities
  • 30 or more local events per month
  • Various activities

Cons

• Membership is pricey
  • Additional costs
  • Must offer proof of divorce process

Bottom Line

Events and Adventures offers activity-based dating with opportunities for travel and group events. It’s pricey but might be ideal if you want a more exciting dating life.

Top Events and Adventures Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Events and Adventures?

Verified

Events and Adventures is a great club to be involved in when you're going through a transition and even later. It's a great program. I've met a lot of friends so that worked out r...

Verified

… I was looking for events in my area and an ad for Events and Adventures kept popping up. I thought there was something to it so that was when I looked it up… I love the people t...

What is Events and Adventures?

Events and Adventures is an activity-based dating service available in 12 North American cities. It brings together singles and others in a fun, low-stress setting. These groups, called dating clubs, gather in Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Minneapolis, Phoenix, San Francisco, Santa Clara, Seattle and Vancouver, British Columbia. The company also offers travel experiences, including ski excursions, cruises, sailing trips and European tours.

How does Events and Adventures work?

You can apply online to receive a call with details about travel opportunities, events and pricing. The company sets up a virtual meeting to get to know you before screening and approving your application. Once accepted, you’ll sign a contract and pay for a one- or two-year membership, then you can attend any upcoming events. Depending on your location, you should have multiple events (with 20 to 40 attendees each) to choose from each month.

You must be single and over 21 to apply for an Events and Adventures membership. You can join if you’re in the process of getting a divorce, but you have to provide proof you’ve filed.

Events and Adventures cost

It’s typical to pay between $100 to $200 per month for your Events and Adventures membership, although price varies by location. Your membership fee won’t cover all events; expect to pay from $40 to $200 for some activities. You can cancel your membership within 24 hours of sign-up for a full refund or within three days for a partial refund (minus a $400 processing charge). The company offers no other refunds or guarantees.

Events and Adventures FAQ

How many events does Events and Adventures host each month?
The company typically around 30 local events each month.
How do I sign up for Events and Adventures?
You can get started by visiting its website.
Is there an age limit for Event and Adventures?
You must be over 21 to join.
Where is Events and Adventures available?
Events and Adventures is available in Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Minneapolis, Phoenix, San Francisco, Santa Clara, Seattle and Vancouver, British Columbia.

Is Events and Adventures worth it?

Events and Adventures could be ideal if you’re bored with regular dating and searching for a partner with similar interests. The company hosts more than 30 events each month in each of its cities, so you're likely to find a few you'd like to attend. If you’re unmarried and over 21 — and if the membership and event costs aren’t over your budget — Events and Adventures might be a good option for you.

Events and Adventures Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Events and Adventures?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2023

When my daughter went off to college, our house was empty. I thought I should get out and start doing something. I looked for a social club and I wanted one where you can mix and mingle. Events and Adventure was the only one of the 60 to 100 that had the mixing with a group and mingling. I was scared to death as I had never done something like that. But I gave it a try.

E&A had something way on the opposite of the town and I drove 50 miles to go to it. The event was canceled for whatever reason and that didn't sit well with me. The second one was the same thing. It was canceled because of the rain. I finally got to the third one and I really wanted to get my money back. A rep said, "Sure, we can do it." But it took an act of God, so I figured I was stuck with it so I should try and use the service since I paid for it. It was about a month or maybe a little longer than a month that I decided to go on a few of the outings to get my money's worth.

I did bingo and I really enjoyed it. At that time, very few people showed up for it. Now, there are lots of people that show up so it's really fun. The other event was eating over by the beach and that was really great. Each time that E&A has it, I'm always there. There was also movie night but they usually have it on the opposite side of the town, which was 40 miles from me. Whenever they change it to my area of town or midtown, I try to make it to that event.

It's been averaging now probably 10 to 15 days a month that I get a chance to go and mix and mingle. For the rest of the time, I either have dates or something else planned. I bowl and that's four times out of the month that I don't do anything with E&A. I've met a lot of new friends that we stay in contact with. If there were events, we know that most likely we're all going to be there at that time. A lot of times when we're there, such as bingo, we usually leave after bingo and go to a club, play darts for maybe an hour, have a couple of drinks, and then go home from there.

I might be a little bit older than most of the people that are in the group. But if I find somebody to date, then that would be wonderful. If I don't, I'm still having fun mixing and mingling with the group. There are lots of interests that I seem to like. I tried to make any of the things that are within 20 miles from where I live because a lot of people drive for you to come to an event and I didn't think that it was right. I usually try and make most of the events or help the host out in any way possible also. Everything has been pretty good for me.

I'm going on a ski trip next month and this one is in California. But after that, I probably won't be doing any more. The trip seems to be really expensive. Before I got married, I used to go on lots of trips. I would go snow skiing, for instance. I would pay for friends of mine to come. All they have to do is show up and everything is paid for. Whenever I booked the house, the ski rental, and everything, it was probably about half the price with E&A. The host probably needs to get paid or their portion paid for. But E&A has a lot of people in the group that have a lot of money so that's not a factor for most of them. But there are a few that are pinching pennies.

Other than that, I'm enjoying it in every way possible. So far, everything has been great and wonderful. E&A got better at telling people about things when an event is canceled. They got better at reminding me about upcoming events that I may have signed up for. Everything has been a whole lot better for the last six or nine months.

Get buying tips about Matchmaking Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 30, 2022

My first event was a month ago, and I was nervous. It was wine and cheese, and I don't know much about wine or cheese, and still don't after this event. However, I met some really nice people. Did my feelings change? Yes. I felt more comfortable. I wasn't as nervous, and I was looking forward to the second event that I was gonna go to. I've been to seven events, including the wine and cheese, bowling, golf (twice) and Ringling Brothers. On Friday, I'm going bowling again. Every month, Events and Adventures does this bowling social thing.

I'm doing a bunch of events in August as well. On the 12th, I'm going to a laser show with the music of Journey. Saturday the 13th, I'm going to a lagoon that has a beautiful beach and a water obstacle course. It looks cool. The 14th, we're doing a boat trip. There are six boats leaving at different places and all meeting on some island. It's like a who gets to the island first type of thing. On the 19th, I'm doing dueling pianos in Ybor, then on the 27th, I'm going to PopStroke, which is the new venue for Tiger Woods. He put this whole thing together. On the 31st, I'm going to shoot bows and arrows like Robin Hood.

I'd tell friends, "Come with me to an event or two and see what it is and meet the people. People are super nice." Everybody's outgoing. They just walk up to you and say, "Hi, how you doing? My name is..." We don't even have name tags. I wish we did sometimes. There are a lot of people and you forget their frickin' names. So, you end up saying, "Hey, how you doing?" Hopefully someone says their name during a conversation and you get lucky, or you walk up to somebody you know really well and say, "Hey, who are they?" But it's really nice.

As a matter of fact, I'm thinking one of my friends is coming with me on Friday night to go bowling, and I'm hoping that he will join because there are more women than guys. I don't really care about bowling, but I'm dating one of the women. I just met her through bowling and we started talking and one thing led to another. We're pretty hot and heavy, but there's a couple of other girls I really like a lot too. There's a lot of women and they're all nice, and some are really nice looking as well. The thing about Events and Adventures is they've weeded out the riffraff. You need to make X amount of dollars and you need to be able to be active and go from there. Sometimes it's like dating sites.

Original review: July 17, 2022

I'm liking Events and Adventures a lot. They do everything they say they would. And if an event falls through, they refund your money. Once in a while, it can be a little disorganized. But for the most part, it's a lot of fun. You go in to meet guys or make dates, but I've made a best girlfriend and made a lot of friends. I've even been on the trips with them. I went to Iceland with them and I'm going to Thailand. I did three events this week.

Iceland was amazing. It took me three days to figure out how to stay warm over there. But I saw the Northern Lights, and the ice caves. And you can do something like that when you're going back to warm weather. You're in the cold for nine days, and you go back to warm weather. It was amazing. Very well organized, very well done. We had some bad weather when we were there and they just changed the itinerary around. All the days were different, but they made sure that we did everything and more than it said on the itinerary. However, our event manager down here is rushing a little and she's overwhelmed. Last Saturday, we had an event. It was a movie theater for Thor. Everybody showed up on Saturday. And when they got there, we found out that it was supposed to be Friday and she screwed up. That's just minor. But all in all, she's doing a good job.

You should do it. It gets you off the couch and out and with friends. And everybody is very accepting. It's a good group. I'm 58 years old and I'm with the 20s and 30s. I call them teenyboppers. And we all have a good time. Nobody cares about age. We'd go to an event, the event is two hours, but we go out after and after. We're up until 3:00 in the morning and we don't even know it. It's not just the event. It's just going out, being open, meeting other people and having a good time.

Original review: July 16, 2022

I did the concert, two brunches, and the Brave game sunset. I enjoyed the Rays game. I liked the cruise, the water activities, and the beach. We get together at the beach. That was awesome. The brunch place that we went to, the idea was great. I also went to a dinner. A great place. And it was great to go around and explore Tampa and new people at the same time. But the brunch places, I didn't care for as much. All the food was natural and I didn't like that. I bit into a pancake and I tasted nothing but cinnamon. But now I know. I pass by that place, I would never have known that I didn't like that if I didn't go there and check it out. But the dinner was great. We went to this little Italian restaurant. I liked a lot of it where we would do more social dinners. Also, they had parasailing and I loved the little getaways that they get. So, I'm very pleased so far.

The sunset cruise was awesome. We all met, we went on the cruise, we were all together. There was an announcer up there telling us what's going on and it was delightful. I love those kinds of things. We were able to go on this cruise at a discounted price because it was on a group rate. So, if I will do it on my own, I'd pay more. So, I like the fact that I got it at a nicer rate and I would recommend. I wish that there were more cruises because they've got all kinds of things going on on the water. They do kayaking. But I like the actual cruise or the water activities. And my second favorite was when we went to the beach. All of us went there. I'm going tomorrow to a bar where they live music. And Sunday, I'm going to a pool party.

I liked the fact that Events and Adventures had the little finishing touches, like they had the glow bracelets. They add a bit. I appreciate that. I love those kinds of things. The online activities, I'm not very interested. And last night, we were supposed to go to cantina, but it was hit by lightning. So, we went to this little bowling alley. The first one I went to, I signed up for a concert in the park and it rained. And our leader, Rebecca, was awesome. She knew what was going on and she took us to these little places that she knew of and it ended up being a fabulous evening. So, I've been very pleased so far. Everyone has been very friendly to me and it has been very nice.

I really like this. I'm a teacher. So, in the summer, I've got this more time. As the year progresses, I'm not going to be able to attend as much many events, not because I don't want to or it's getting old, but because of my schedule. It will be more on weekends and holidays and stuff. But I like the fact that there's a calendar. I get to pick and choose. When it's full, they always seem to make accommodations for me. I was afraid that I'd signed up for something, everything would be full, all the good stuff. But that's not the case. So, everything I want to do, it's right there. But I would recommend a bit more water activities because we're by the ocean, and that's something not every place has. That would just be my recommendation because Events and Adventures is doing great.

At first glance, "Oh, 2,400. That's a lot of money." In this stage of my life where it's really hard to meet people, it's hard to go around, going to bars, not my style. You're really paying for the calendar. And a lot of those activities are free. If you want to pay for more stuff, you can too. It's on your own discretion. It was well worth the money because I'm able to meet people and see the new city at the same time. I would tell my friends it's really something. It's a good use of the money if you're single. It's hard to meet people and people are married, they have their kids. And when you're single, you're in a group that's an oddity. It's very hard. Going with a family, you just are tag-along.

But Events and Adventures gives that opportunity where you can meet people. If you meet someone in the group, great, and strike it good. Or if you made a girlfriend, it doesn't matter. You're there interacting with people with the same goals and desires. And everybody has a good time. It's a good investment of the money. Otherwise, being single, you'd spend that money in bars and not be able to explore having that opportunity. It's a great concept. I'm mad at myself that I didn't come up with this idea years ago. I'm like, "Why didn't I think of this?" Because you have a calendar, you have an interaction with other people and it's a great way to get yourself in a situation where you're with other people. I'll go to places by myself, explore by myself.

But this way, I don't have to go alone anymore. I'm in a group. I'm very grateful that I stumbled upon this. And when I told my friends at first, they said it's a lot of money to put up for something like this and don't get anything. But you're paying for the challenge and the opportunity. And to have that opportunity that, normally, if you're doing it on your own, it's not gonna be as fum or memorable. You have a purpose and you're in a group. And I like the fact also that they always make a point to make pictures, a group picture, and they post it on the site and on Facebook. I take my own pictures. But when they take it as a group, it's nice to have that little memory.

Original review: April 22, 2022

I decided to go the route of doing the new members thing first. I'm very process-oriented. So, I went in to do the new members’ game night, and getting to know everybody and all the things about it first. That was the very first event I went to so I would know other new members were there just like me. And I would feel less awkward. I was excited. It was a game night as well. So, that was a fun kind of deal. It was, here's how this whole thing works. After that, it was a mingling situation with all these new members. I also got to meet older Events and Adventures members too.

The Halloween party was also fun. It’s an annual thing that Events and Adventures does. I won a Halloween costume contest for that. But my favorite was a New Orleans theme situation, which was also in February so it was a Valentine's slash. You could dress up with Valentine's on you. You could dress up with Mardi Gras theme or with crawfish theme situation. I went Mardi Gras theme.

I have always just wondered because sometimes when I look up the cost of some of the events that are associated with the things, they are more expensive sometimes to do some of the events than it would be to just go myself and do the event. Which I was told when I joined that we get group discount. And that's not necessarily the case. So sometimes I don't do those associated with higher cost, or I choose not to do any of the events that cost money. Because I feel like they're almost price gouging us in a way. So I feel I would rather just go and do that.

It sounds like a cool idea. Like, “Oh, that's cool. I'll just go and do that some other time with some other people.” Because I would look on the website and be, “Oh, it's actually that much money.” You could just go and do that. And we're not getting a group discount, which I feel is a misnomer from what we were told in the beginning. But I love the events and having fun with people, and all the people that are involved with it.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2023

We were doing a Renaissance fair thing and I like doing stuff like that. Except Events and Adventures was supposed to do it in February, but I didn't see it on the calendar. I canceled a lot only because of locations. The New Year's thing was fun, but that's a once-a-year thing. The Happy Hours is also fun. We also did a glassblowing event and a trivia night. The comedy thing was also great. The age gaps are out there. That's why when Events and Adventures does the age-appropriate events, it's cool. I'm 52. To me, talking to a 24-year-old is creepy. But I talk to anybody. I asked one girl out, she said yes, and I left without taking her number because I was nervous. But I met some good people.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

For my first event, I mistakenly chose one of the biggest events of the year so I was freaked out but everybody was super welcoming and very friendly. It was a Halloween event and the first person I ran into happened to be one of Events and Adventures’ dozen hosts that night. He was super sweet and he walked me over and introduced me around. It was awesome. Going back after the event, I saw that there was a sign-in table. People were lined up there and being a newbie, I just went around them. I didn't know the protocol and I didn't read the email close enough clearly. It wasn't until my fourth event that I went to the new member event and I've already done a lot of what they were teaching us.

Last semester, I was busy so I didn't go to events very much but this particular semester, I'm trying to go to four events a week. I'm still meeting new people but I'm starting to learn that it tends to be the same groups at certain kinds of events. But I am trying to get out more. It's still fun and better than watching TV at home. There was a new member in our group and he said that he has gone to activities in a couple other cities and he noticed that Denver's calendar is way more diverse. There are some places in the Midwest where all they do is eat and drink which sucks.

I’ve done so many events and though I haven’t been around long enough, I like the active ones. There was a huge New Year's Eve party and the next day, we went to a movie. So, I like the thoughtfulness that Events and Adventures put that together. They know people are gonna be out till 2:00, so we had a chill activity the next day and they made sure it didn't start before noon. Our grand marshal, Jocelyn, is very thoughtful about stuff like that and she does a lot of variety. She listens to people.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

My first event from beginning to end was not the greatest. The address was wrong and I'm already driving an hour away from home to Massachusetts. So, I drove in circles and it's in the downtown area. I didn't drive a huge distance, but I was all over trying to find it. After half an hour, I finally found it. I tried calling the guy. He said he wasn't there yet. They were supposed to start at 7:00. Everybody showed up in a group at 7:30. So, over two and a half hours of driving just for 25 minutes and sitting at a bar alone for half an hour. I went to one other event and that was the New Year's time. That wasn't as bad, but it wasn't great either. But the one lady who was the host person was very short. I tried talking to her about the actual club-related stuff different times. I get she was busy, but it was a lot of off-putting things.

I'm trying to cancel, but Events and Adventures told me I'm on the hook for two grand when I already paid $800, and I haven't even done this for a month. It's insane. I'm very frustrated. The lady told me at the beginning that they would record them. So, I tried to ask for a copy because I want to try to prove that it was not explained into well enough detail. But I'm committed to a year without even being able to try it. Their policy is three days. So, when I signed up and became a member, I went to the calendar and looked at all the events. All the events for the next entire week were already full. So, I couldn't even sign up to try something. But I can't cancel. So, I haven't tried it, but it's also too late to cancel. I was never aware of this three-day policy. It should be, at minimum, a three events policy.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

I like that it was no pressure, that I could just go do stuff. I also like the variety. There are a lot of girls, which is okay. And there are a lot of girls my age, which is good. So, it's more of a place for me to connect with other females. I like the hiking events. They're fun. And the New Year's party was, too. But I can't participate in a lot of the things because I don't drink and I'm vegan. Also, Events and Adventures is expensive for what it is. And whenever you sign up, it would be better to be more open about, "You might have one guy at each event and the rest are gonna be females. And they're all gonna be middle-aged, divorced women."

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

I've gone to bingo, casino night, a dart game, and a lot of dinners. The young professional dinner was my favorite because a lot of the events there are based on who attends. So it just happened to be a dinner with some people that I clicked with. I've been having fun with Events and Adventures. But a lot of my friends could not afford it.

Events and Adventures Company Information