Events and Adventures

Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Minneapolis, Phoenix, San Francisco, Santa Clara, and Vancouver BC

3.9/5 (149 ratings)
Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

About Events and Adventures

Events and Adventures is an invitation-only network of singles and others looking to meet people with similar interests. It offers 30 to 50 local events each month, including horseback riding, skydiving, wine tasting and simple hangouts. Visit its website to learn more about how to get involved.

Pros

• Large membership
  • Available in 12 major cities
  • 30 or more local events per month
  • Various activities

Cons

• Membership is pricey
  • Additional costs
  • Must offer proof of divorce process

Bottom Line

Events and Adventures offers activity-based dating with opportunities for travel and group events. It’s pricey but might be ideal if you want a more exciting dating life.

Top Events and Adventures Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Events and Adventures is a great club to be involved in when you're going through a transition and even later. It's a great program. I've met a lot of friends so that worked out r...

Verified

… I was looking for events in my area and an ad for Events and Adventures kept popping up. I thought there was something to it so that was when I looked it up… I love the people t...

What is Events and Adventures?

Events and Adventures is an activity-based dating service available in 12 North American cities. It brings together singles and others in a fun, low-stress setting. These groups, called dating clubs, gather in Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Minneapolis, Phoenix, San Francisco, Santa Clara, Seattle and Vancouver, British Columbia. The company also offers travel experiences, including ski excursions, cruises, sailing trips and European tours.

How does Events and Adventures work?

You can apply online to receive a call with details about travel opportunities, events and pricing. The company sets up a virtual meeting to get to know you before screening and approving your application. Once accepted, you’ll sign a contract and pay for a one- or two-year membership, then you can attend any upcoming events. Depending on your location, you should have multiple events (with 20 to 40 attendees each) to choose from each month.

You must be single and over 21 to apply for an Events and Adventures membership. You can join if you’re in the process of getting a divorce, but you have to provide proof you’ve filed.

Events and Adventures cost

It’s typical to pay between $100 to $200 per month for your Events and Adventures membership, although price varies by location. Your membership fee won’t cover all events; expect to pay from $40 to $200 for some activities. You can cancel your membership within 24 hours of sign-up for a full refund or within three days for a partial refund (minus a $400 processing charge). The company offers no other refunds or guarantees.

Events and Adventures FAQ

How many events does Events and Adventures host each month?
The company typically around 30 local events each month.
How do I sign up for Events and Adventures?
You can get started by visiting its website.
Is there an age limit for Event and Adventures?
You must be over 21 to join.
Where is Events and Adventures available?
Events and Adventures is available in Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Minneapolis, Phoenix, San Francisco, Santa Clara, Seattle and Vancouver, British Columbia.

Is Events and Adventures worth it?

Events and Adventures could be ideal if you’re bored with regular dating and searching for a partner with similar interests. The company hosts more than 30 events each month in each of its cities, so you're likely to find a few you'd like to attend. If you’re unmarried and over 21 — and if the membership and event costs aren’t over your budget — Events and Adventures might be a good option for you.

Events and Adventures Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Events and Adventures?

Original review: April 22, 2022

I decided to go the route of doing the new members thing first. I'm very process-oriented. So, I went in to do the new members’ game night, and getting to know everybody and all the things about it first. That was the very first event I went to so I would know other new members were there just like me. And I would feel less awkward. I was excited. It was a game night as well. So, that was a fun kind of deal. It was, here's how this whole thing works. After that, it was a mingling situation with all these new members. I also got to meet older Events and Adventures members too.

The Halloween party was also fun. It’s an annual thing that Events and Adventures does. I won a Halloween costume contest for that. But my favorite was a New Orleans theme situation, which was also in February so it was a Valentine's slash. You could dress up with Valentine's on you. You could dress up with Mardi Gras theme or with crawfish theme situation. I went Mardi Gras theme.

I have always just wondered because sometimes when I look up the cost of some of the events that are associated with the things, they are more expensive sometimes to do some of the events than it would be to just go myself and do the event. Which I was told when I joined that we get group discount. And that's not necessarily the case. So sometimes I don't do those associated with higher cost, or I choose not to do any of the events that cost money. Because I feel like they're almost price gouging us in a way. So I feel I would rather just go and do that.

It sounds like a cool idea. Like, “Oh, that's cool. I'll just go and do that some other time with some other people.” Because I would look on the website and be, “Oh, it's actually that much money.” You could just go and do that. And we're not getting a group discount, which I feel is a misnomer from what we were told in the beginning. But I love the events and having fun with people, and all the people that are involved with it.

Get buying tips about Matchmaking Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 7, 2022

Signing up with Events and Adventures was fine. My first event was a game night. It was a taco social in the middle of the day. I don't think it was the best first event for me to have gone to. Most of the people there sat on their phones. I just introduced myself to a few people at the table. That's something that the hosts that they have now have really made an effort to change. I go to events regularly now and it's a ton of fun because I know everybody in the room. I've gone to Roars and Pours, which is an event at the zoo. I've gone to the Evening in the Botanical Gardens, Wonder Spaces, Puzzles at the Park, and the game nights. I've gone to the restaurant nights because usually, they do one barbecue place in a month. I also went to a cheese-making event.

I enjoyed the country music festival. That was fun for kind of an evening event. The restaurant events are very different because you're sitting and it's more about the food and you talk to two or three people around you as opposed to something like going to the Western event. I really enjoyed the Valentine's party, the Halloween party, and the New Year's party a great deal. Every girl enjoys an opportunity to get dressed up.

I'm going to Morocco in October so I'm very excited about that. The international trips hadn't really held a whole lot of appeal for me. I travel a lot on my own and I'm really comfortable with that, but Morocco has always been a bucket list trip for me so when that popped up, I couldn't pass on it. They're doing Beer and Castles in Europe, and you're gonna go to many different cities in 10 days. You're going to be exhausted. I've been to those cities and that doesn't sound like fun to me. So, I have a little bit of a blind spot. I just hone in on the things that are interesting to me.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

I became recently single and I wanted to meet people by doing something instead of going to a bar, so I joined Events and Adventures. The person who interviewed me and told me how it works said that the events would be fun and that if I was not feeling comfortable, I could reach out to my host. Unfortunately, the host was probably the shyest person at the first event I went to. It was not a great first impression as far as how it was run. This was a dinner in Capitol Hill, Seattle. When I arrived, everybody at the table was silently looking at me. I had to say, "Is this Events and Adventures?" "Yeah." And we just sat there awkwardly. Being a hairdresser and having a big personality, I started asking icebreaker questions.

I talked to the event manager in my area and gave her feedback on the host that I had at my first event. He's a very sweet guy but he doesn't have the personality to be a host to make people feel welcomed. Hosting is hard. With all my feedback I was asked about being a host and I declined. I'm a business owner and I'm a mother of two. I had four hosts so far and the three women were all fantastic. That poor guy that was so shy said he didn't want to be a host, but they asked him. We went on a hike and I actually got to talk to him more.

On my sixth event, I met this wonderful man and we've been dating. We're like a poster couple for Events and Adventures. It was his first event when we met. We started dating on his third event and my sixth event. We have a two-year membership. We're going to go to a karaoke event the week between Christmas and New Year's. We went to one event last month and we're going to one event this month. He's got a couple of single friends that were wondering about Events and Adventures and I suggested to have each of them be our date so they can see what it's like.

I like that there's variety with Events and Adventures and that the activities are all over the state. That's really accessible and cool and I was excited about that. The one comment I have that is common with people that have signed up with this program is the event calendar comes out on the 15th of the month and if you sign up after the 15th, you're really blocked out of your first month. You can't get to a lot of events that you want to because the calendar has been out for over two weeks. That's the one disappointing thing and leaves a bad impression. You're waiting to go to your first event for a couple of weeks so it would be good to curb that expectation like, "Hey, you're going to be locked out." Maybe they can have the membership start on a different day too.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

I moved up to the Bay Area almost four years ago and through different things and situations, I've found myself without friends here doing stuff. I figured it would be best to make memories with people that are in the same boat as I am. So, I looked Events and Adventures up, gave them a call, had the interview, and I found that what they have to offer is what I needed at the time.

The day that I had my interview was the same day I was at my first event. It was three hours later. The person I interviewed with, Teresa, was amazing to get me on with that event. She just signed me up for it right away, and it was kickball. When I got there, I was excited because I loved their process of doing background checks on people. I went there with my wall down, so I was excited. I met a lot of new people in my first event and it hasn't stopped since. I went the next night to another event. I'm going to a lot of events every month. I like the activities where we're active. We go to archery. We play pool and kickball. I do like some of the dining events that we have.

We went to this place called the Emporium in San Francisco about two and a half months ago. Being that we're still in the middle of a pandemic, I found that the place was not wiping down the gaming machines and half the games were broken. They weren't even functioning. So, I asked Events and Adventures, “Do you guys ever research your places before scheduling them?” They said, “Yeah, but it was done before the pandemic,” which is not healthy. I'm hoping that my feedback and my questions has started them to double-check locations if they were prior to the pandemic. I was really not comfortable where we were.

Other than that, most events have been okay. I just find that they are doing the same events every month. There's a lot of repeat events as opposed to new and fresh idea events. I found that because of 2020 and everything shutting down, a lot of the international travel is rolled over. So, anyone who had signed up had already rolled over into this year. Then some of the activities that they have hasn't been my cup of tea as far as I can't go whitewater rafting. I have limitations physically. So, if they did a Vegas trip where there was nothing but good food and shows and gambling, I'm down with it. I appreciate that they have more outdoor activities included in the packages that they have. But I'm still looking every time that there is something new for travel that I could do. I would definitely sign up because one of the biggest selling points for me was the travel.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

At first, you're worried, frightened and nervous. Then you get out, start talking with people and you get used to it. It's a little different being exposed in a group of people and never being exposed. Some people are used to having all their business out in the open and the people are great. But it's a different style, which I'm getting used to. Usually, I date somebody and then, it's over and you never meet them again. Events and Adventures is teaching you a different approach to dating as well as far as not being enemies or friends. You stay a friend but it's different. I've not done it this way ever but it's been fun and amazing, and I've had nothing but great experiences since then. Other than that, I'm growing and learning.

When there are events that are going on way over in Littleton and it's full, I would volunteer one or two days a week to do it near my part of town. When they're doing whirly ball on a Wednesday and it's packed, and that's a 45-minute drive for me, I wish I would have had a volleyball game on this side of town, where there may be more people. So far, I've had one massive event at my house and that was not through the Events and Adventures. It was after I've gotten to know these people and I invited them over. I would recommend making it more accessible to more groups and exploring it through others. Halfway through the month, I want to do something and there are no openings. And even on the openings, people don't call.

I did E&A in Minneapolis as well as here in Denver and in Minneapolis, even though there was no room, they made room. Because of all the new people coming in and all the other scenarios popping up as far as full house, it should be more accessible to everybody. I would ask to be asked. They could say they’ve got three events today and they're all full, but maybe they can throw another one in there and I can do it a Tuesday. It's almost like asking somebody to be a host on a certain day a week, even just one or two. I've heard some of the perks of it but I haven't been offered it or asked it. Some days, I would like to be doing things and it's packed.

Original review: May 6, 2022

Events and Adventures is an opportunity to get out and enjoy activities with decent people. Because a lot of times, they do the background checks. So, it makes me feel safer. Even though my membership started a few months ago, I've just gone to a few activities because of my time limitations. I wish I had more activities on my side of town. If it’s something during the week, it’s for the other half of town. There's no way I can go. So, I’m limited to weekend outings only. But I enjoy being out, doing any activities and talking to different people. It has gone well.

Original review: April 28, 2022

The few things I've done with Events and Adventures have been fun. I went to a mixer, which was nice, and I've done Summer Olympics, which was lots of fun. We had a tug of war, a sack race, and they had an aquatic obstacle course. It's nice to try new things that maybe I wouldn't try before and everything is organized.

Original review: April 27, 2022

I like the variety of options with Events and Adventures. But it's not going to be for everyone. Most of the events happen during the week and you have to be able to make time for that but unfortunately, not everyone can.

Original review: April 26, 2022

The person that did my orientation did a very good job of explaining it to me. I found out it was more of a social group, which is great. I'm very happy with it and I plan on using it quite a lot. But it's a little bit falsely advertised. It's a great way to create a social life for somebody who is new to town and who wants to meet new people and try new things that they wouldn't normally. But it's not good for dating. If you're a person that has an established social life in a city, you don't really need it. Other than that, it's great for what it is and the people that are there.

Original review: April 25, 2022

All of the events I've attended have been fun. Although some things are a little pricey compared to the services offered. But the good thing is you know before you sign up, they don't force you to. Also, once everybody takes responsibility and brings in the best attitude, it seems like a good group.

Events and Adventures Company Information