Call toll free
3.93/5

Events and Adventures

Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Minneapolis, Phoenix, San Francisco, Santa Clara, and Vancouver BC

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Events and Adventures is more than just a social club -- it’s a way to experience new adventures while making new friends. We are located in Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Minneapolis, Phoenix, San Francisco, Santa Clara, Seattle and Vancouver, BC.

Events & Adventures is a safe, invitation-only network of people with a common thread: to get out and meet new people. With 30-50 local events each month, you’ll easily be able to find events you’re interested in meet people with common interests. Whether it's horseback riding, skydiving, wine tasting or just a casual hangout! Visit us online to learn more about how you can get the ball rolling.

Events and Adventures Gallery (10)
A-BBB Rating
View More View More

1287 Events and Adventures Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: April 30, 2019

I recently moved to the area and knew only one person here. I thought Events and Adventures would be a great way to make new friends and grow my network. I was a little bit nervous before arriving at my first event. We all are, I think. You go to your first event, you’re not sure what to expect and what kinds of people you’re going to meet. But I felt confident enough that the kinds of people I would meet would be more professionals like me rather than just random folks that you’d meet at a bar. That was a little bit of peace of mind that I liked about E & A and part of the reason why I joined. That change after I arrived though. In the group that we were at, everyone seemed to be at least courteous. They tried to engage and get involved with everyone else. Everybody was cordial with each other, but more than that, they were trying to be warm.

I went to Tahoe with E & A once and it was a lot of fun. I do events pretty regularly, but the out of town and traveling stuff, I’ve only done the Tahoe trip. It was a ski lodge kind of a thing. We all stayed at a rented house. I shared a room with a bunch of folks and everyone had a bunk. Everyone was courteous and there wasn’t a whole lot of loud craziness going on at night. We did have some nocturnal fun though, like board games and drinking. But when people were getting ready to go to bed, we were courteous about making sure that we weren’t being too loud. It was a little stressful for a couple of folks because of the weather and having to drive in the snow. Then there was traffic and other considerations like that. But those did not detract from the overall experience. All in all, it was a good time. The people made it fun.

My favorite event is the New Year’s event, not this past year at the ballpark, but the one prior to that on the rooftop. Everybody got dressed up. Although it was expensive and I understand that the expense was rough for some people, but to me, it was worth it because it was loads of fun and there was plenty to do. However, my dad was in the hospital for a while. I put my account on hold so that I wouldn’t waste a month that I’ve already paid for. I wasn’t able to do any events in April, but I’m hoping that May proves to be a much better month for everybody.

I’ve made some close friends and some good friends. Although I have not found a significant other, that wasn’t really my initial goal. The salesperson who was interviewing me and trying to sell me on E & A just didn’t care or pay attention to anything that I was saying when I was telling her that I just wanted to make some friends. All she was talking about was me meeting somebody special. The worst part of my experience was the salesperson here in San Jose. Aside from that, I understand that this is a singles club and I know that people have met their significant other either in E & A or through E & A, and that’s wonderful. But there are lots of people who don’t. I feel like framing E & A that way can create false expectations.

For me, I’m not here to find one special someone. I wouldn’t be opposed to that, but I went because when you go to a place where you can meet some great people, have a great time, chat with folks, and get along with people, you can make close friends and have a social group that you enjoy being part of. That is what has happened for me, and I like it.

E & A 5 feels like a labor of love, which I like. I’ve met Mark, the owner, and I like him. But I feel like there are some things that E & A could definitely do better. The website needs some work. And when I use the app to check on the event and what’s going on, there isn’t an app. It’s just a mobile version of the website, which is extremely difficult to navigate. Some members of E & A are working on an app and working on improving this in order to earn event credits, but the fact that no one from administration is hiring web developers feels less professional than it could be.

The cost versus benefit could be better too. We’re paying a lot of money to be part of E & A and there are a lot of benefits that go along with that. However, when we go to a concert, we’d pay a bunch of money to get seats, but I don’t always feel like we get the best seats. I feel like if I hadn’t joined E & A and I saved that $1,000, then when I went to an event, I would pay whatever the cost to me through E & A was and kick it up by $40. I would then get way better seats at events like plays, theater performances and musical performances, and I still would be a net positive as far as cost.

I would spend less if I wasn’t a member of E & A going to these same events and getting better seats. The positives far outweigh the negatives though. With E & A, I wouldn’t be going by myself or with one friend who can afford to go. I’d be going with a group and we could all discuss afterwards. We can also all go to a bar afterwards and enjoy the experience together, which is always nice.

I love E & A. I’ve already renewed once and may renew again, depending. If you can afford the money, it’s worth giving it a shot. It's a great place to meet people that are of similar means and capability. There’s a pretty interesting diverse group of folks. While you won’t get close to or be friends with a lot of people you’ll meet, you will meet plenty of people that you do connect with.

Get expert buying tips about Matchmaking Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Events and Adventures was advertised quite a bit like around New Year’s. I heard them on the radio saying, “Do things you enjoy doing and meet people while you’re at it.” I joined Events and Adventures about a month ago. But I didn’t realize that it was a singles only kind of group and that they interviewed you. I just thought it was another meetup group. I am actually in some other meetup groups that are just free. But I’ve been doing more of the Events and Adventures because it’s costing me money. It’s not really a dating group. But it is kind of for singles to meet other people which is good.

I like that Events and Adventures has an age range because a lot of the meetup groups that I joined were younger. I’m 53 so it’s kinda hard to meet people my age, especially since people my age and older are usually not as active and they don’t like to socialize as much. But I enjoy going out, going to restaurants or movies, or just doing things. I’ve been trying to get more active physically so I’ve been doing the kickball and volleyball activities. Those were nice.

There are a lot of nice people that I’ve met through Events and Adventures and I’ve been seeing a few of the people. Some are the same people at some of the events. Some of them friended me on Facebook. Events and Adventures also offers a good variety of different events and they are in different areas of the city. I’ve mostly been trying to do some that are close to me other than the Gilbert area. I’ve gone to quite a few. I signed up for two events, but I had to cancel because I had to go out of town. I was gone all of last week.

But one thing is that Events and Adventures is very pricey. You have to pay the event fees on top of your membership fee. It is a strain financially because I’m a single parent and I work full-time. Other than that, I appreciate the fact that they offer a lot of different events which I know cost money to get those deals. I also appreciate the fact that they kind of vet out their members. They make sure that they are committed and interested, don’t have a record, and have a stable job.

Another things is maybe there could be more weekend stuff. For people that work full-time, it’s kind of hard to do stuff during the week. They could also try to schedule earlier events because a lot of the events are at 7 or 8 o’clock at night. If you have to drive far, by the time you get home, it’s already 10 o’clock and this is on a weeknight. I would also like the more festival type of things or going as a group to things such as an art festival, music festival, food festival and those type of things. Those are fun.

Events and Adventures response

Grace we appreciate your honest feedback. We will be sure to get these suggestions over to Meggie!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I liked the different activities that Events & Adventures offered. So, I joined and before going to my first event, I was nervous because I didn’t know anybody. But everyone was really nice, friendly, and welcoming. You get the feeling like you’re not alone, everybody is there to just have fun and meet new people, and that you can enjoy yourself. So, it wasn’t hard after I got there. So far, I’ve done one big trip to the Grand Canyon, which is my favorite, and about five local events.

The Grand Canyon trip was so awesome and I would do that again in a heartbeat. It was a very fast trip. We all met in Las Vegas and we had roommates. There were 27 people from Events & Adventures from seven different states. Our trip guide, Jocelyn, who was out of Denver, was also super. We went out to dinner together as a big group, so we got to know each other a little bit. Then the next morning, we got on a bus to go to a smaller airport to divide and get on smaller planes out to a ranch. We spent the day at the ranch and spent the night in covered wagons with our roommates. The next morning, we got on helicopters to go down onto the river in the canyon then we got on our big raft and we rafted down the canyon for two days. We had two campouts on the river side of the canyon and we saw different things. And we hiked up to a waterfall one day.

On the day that we left, we boated to a bus, got on the bus, then got to the airport. I had one of the first flights, so I didn’t have time to do anything. And my friend that picked me up from the airport told me she thought I looked like a homeless person because I hadn’t showered. We had to bathe in the cold river while we were there, which was brown, and I chose not to do that. So I was filthy and grungy when I got home. But it was so much fun and I couldn’t care what I was like coming home. We had the best time and that’s my kind of adventure right there.

Other than that, I have been to a concert down at Miller Theatre in Houston. I’ve been on a hike, a trivia bar game, and a movie as well. But I don’t tend to do the weekly stuff because I live about an hour away from where the middle of the week activities are down in Houston where the traffic is crazy. I always meet really cool girls at the events but we haven’t continued a friendship outside of the events.

Also, I don’t feel like it is a place for me to meet a significant other or I haven’t had that feeling yet. On the rafting trip, there were 21 girls and 6 guys. And Jocelyn said that was because women sign up early while men wait for the last minute. So a lot of activities are a lot like that. But I’m not really in it to meet a significant other. I'm in it to have fun and meet new people. And I have a very busy social neighborhood, so it is not like I’m looking for things to fill my evenings with during the week. I travel a lot on the weekends, too. I’m looking at another big trip with Events & Adventures, though, because the previous one was so awesome.

Events and Adventures response

Tess we are so happy to have you as a member. I think this honest feedback is so helpful to other members and any potential members. Our trips are one of our favorite things! It is great you had such an amazing time. Please let us know if you need anything at all!

Original review: July 31, 2018

A friend of mine told me about Events and Adventures and I thought it would be a good thing to get out of the house, do more events and meet new people. I was excited before I arrived at my first event and I have attended about 10 to 15 events since. I was going to a lot of events in my first month, but things got put down a bit because my life got busy. I really liked the sailing event and it was exciting and fun. I thought it was gonna be a boat party, but it wasn't. We were on a boat and actually sailing, so that was pretty cool.

I'm going to a naughty bingo-thing on Wednesday and it's like a Cards Against Humanity game, so it's not too bad. I also went dancing with some people and we had dinner. It wasn't one of my favorite events, although it was good and I had food that I have not had before. It was yummy. I've met some really nice people since joining. What's interesting about the group is that I go to events and do the things at the event, but then it's difficult to see people outside of the events to drink a cup of coffee or hang out. The only thing I don't like about being part of this is that it's expensive and that's a little concerning to me because I tried to go to as many as free events as I can, but I'm still paying every month, and that's supposedly covering the cost of it.

Also, Events and Adventures has not been not very transparent about what my dues are actually going towards. They also need to upgrade their technology quite a bit. The website is terrible and it's really difficult to sign up for events. It's not very user-friendly at all. I also do not like their cancellation policy and billing policy. When I signed up to an event, no one told me that I will be billed automatically the next day.

The first time I had happen to me, it was for a $20 event which I thought I would pay for the next week, but then the next day, I got an email that said, "$20 had been taken out of your checking account." It was really upsetting to me, but I understood why they were doing that. They don't wanna encourage no-shows, but, at the same time, I gotta cancel a week out, which was fine. However, if I get sick or something happens, I can't cancel and I'm out. They don't refund me with money if that's a paid event that is why I try to do as many free events as I possibly can. I'm not 100% sure I'm gonna renew. It seems like a lot of money for what I get. Nevertheless, the quality of people there is really great and so are their events.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I moved to a new city on my own, and so I was just trying to make friends and figure out what things I could do in the city. My aunt brought Events & Adventures to my mother's attention, and then she suggested it to me. Before I arrived at the first event I went to, I was nervous. But, I got a phone call from the host letting me know, "Hey, I know this is your first event. How can we help", which was nice. I joined mid-January, and I've done between three and six per month that really interest me and that are within a reasonable distance because during the week I can't really make an hour drive somewhere and be all the way back and have the two-hour event. It is like a four-hour affair and I get off from work at 6:30. Nevertheless, my two favorites would be Snowshoe and Fondue. I've never been snowshoeing before that one, so that was a lot of fun.

Nevertheless, some more physical things like when I went biking with the people that I've met through the group on our own, but not through an actual event, was fun. I wish there are more things like that because there are lots of low-impact stuff and bar drinking, but I'm not a drinker. It was great going to a bar and listening to music, but it was super programmed and you were just standing around, and you did not really know who was part of the club and who was not. It was just difficult. I felt as though if I was not part of the club. Nevertheless, I went to one other and it was fine.

It has been difficult to meet females through the program though. I'm not the most social person. I'm kind of an introvert. But, I have really enjoyed the club and I'm taking full advantage of what they have to offer, so it is cool. There was this one guy in one event, and I have seen him in other events before. He was telling us about some people that he knew in the club and this and that, and I just got the sense from that event and from seeing him at the subsequent events that there is a click almost. But, I feel as though people that have been in the group for quite some time prior to this huge influx of people because I understand that like over the last maybe six to eight months like a lot more people have joined. It was not a big deal because it's not a huge portion of the population and those were just on one or two events, but it was just kind of weird because we are all part of the same club and we should all be hanging out.

Also, I brought my single brother to an event two weeks ago. He came by and visited me from Chicago. It was the bubble soccer event, which was really good. It was a ton of fun. But, like halfway through, for whatever reason, two guys just started targeting with the bubbles. He ended up hitting my brother twice and my brother was like, "I'm done". The second that you are not playing the ball and you are blind sighting someone, even if it is only a bubble, that is still dangerous. We responded the first forty-five minutes, and then we just left. A week ago, my brother's back still hurts. That would be the only downside so far. Some people get carried away and there is no check like the host doesn’t actually call all them out of it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Events and Adventures?

Original review: May 23, 2019

I read a review about Events and Adventures and I liked the fact that through them, you can meet people. So far, I have been to five events and the Harry Potter trip to Florida was fun. I also like going to the game night. But being with Events and Adventures hasn’t been the most perfect experience. They could improve on some of the website stuff which are kinda confusing sometimes. It’s also hard to find what stuff you signed up for and it’s like skipping back and forth.

Original review: May 21, 2019

I needed to get out and meet new people, and though I was anxious before, everyone at Events and Adventures was very welcoming. I've been to 15 events over the past six weeks, and I liked the Piano Palooza with the dueling pianos.

Original review: May 19, 2019

I was looking for personal networking for friends and dating, just to have more social events to go to, and Events and Adventures have that. I was nervous and wasn’t sure what to expect at my first event but then I felt comfortable after I got there and I met people. The group activities I’ve done so far were the Book Club, Coffee and Brew, I’ve done a dinner, and I’ve done trampoline dodge ball which was one of my favorites. I was more physical and I enjoy active things so that was a lot of fun. I am looking forward to the Memorial Day camping that’s coming up next weekend.

The only thing is that is a lot of the events get cancelled. I don’t have a lot of time on my calendar so when I have that day open and I booked something, then I’m really committed to going. There have been 12 scheduled things that I’ve confirmed and five of those have been cancelled. I kind of keeping it also on a more consistent basis. So, I’ll go two weeks, sometimes longer without going to an event because it depends on my calendar, and then when something gets cancelled, that pushes out the experience further and limits my interaction with some of the groups. But most of the people I met are nice and they’re casual friends.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I had a lot of different types of events at Events and Adventures, and everyone was really nice. I went on some hikes, I did a couple of kayaking, I did a camping weekend over Memorial Day last year and I did one other trip. The trip was amazing, and all the hikes were great. The kayaking was really fun. I didn’t go to the ones that I didn’t like though, like hanging out at bars. I would suggest more outdoor activities and more stuff out in the suburbs, the northern suburbs especially.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I just retired from the Navy, and I was interested in getting out and meeting new people. I'm not used to dealing with people that are not military so I was a little nervous at first, but it's been better as the group at Events and Adventures is very friendly. You see a lot of the same faces, but you also see some new faces so it works out to where you still meet new people each time. I liked some of the painting classes and the wine tasting ones 'cause that's something where you just sit down and talk to people. Also, the manager at the Santa Clara office emails everything to the members. The membership part of it is a little expensive for me, but I've had a great experience.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I heard about all the activities that Events and Adventures have done over the years and now that I’ve finally moved back to the city, I figured I might as well try it out. When I arrived at my first event, I was a little bit nervous but the host there was really nice and cool. He made me feel at ease and I didn’t feel like I was forced or anybody was forced or that anyone was uncomfortable to begin with. So far, I've been to about four events since I’ve joined in April and I still plan on joining more. But things are getting busy around the change of the season, so right now, it’s a matter of finding more time to set aside for Events and Adventures.

I liked the MassVR out there at Old Orchard. It was like a laser tag with the VR headset which was pretty cool enough to even take some of my own friends that I know from other places and fly them over there. So, I went back to some of the places that I’ve gone with E and A before. I also went to a wicker bowl through Events and Adventures and I have made a few close friends. I’m glad I was able to find the time to sign up now with them and I like how they are open to bring a plus-one along to these events. I also like the fact that it’s only on a one time basis because I always get friends who are saying that the event was really cool and to let them know when the next one would be.

Original review: May 11, 2019

I’ve been to four events at Events and Adventures. Two of them were bowling, one was a new member meet-and-greet and one was a trip to Glensheen Mansion up north in Gallup. Bowling was the most fun because it had the biggest number of people there, and I like keeping score and having a competitive activity. Driving up north was fun too. It was with a smaller group, so it was nice. One of the guys, Mark, seemed like a good guy and was fun to hang out with. He showed up at bowling too. For me, it’s not just about finding a girlfriend. It’s about expanding my social circle in general, whether it's going out with guys to have a beer and watch the game, or finding someone special.

Original review: May 10, 2019

I was recently divorced and looking to spend some time with other singles and pursue a new relationship. Getting the first couple of events at Events and Adventures under my belt was definitely helpful. I've been to five or six local events and they've all been good so far. There was a newcomer's evening, trivia night, a book club meeting, an art walk and a couple of restaurant-related activities. The dining or walking events are always enjoyable. The Facebook interaction calendar has been helpful at finding events.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I’ve been single for a long time and haven’t had very extensive social circles, so I figured Events and Adventures might be a good outlet. However, it has had some ups and downs. Some events I went to were a bit disappointing in that it didn't seem to have a very good turnout. A lot of these things I’ve been to haven't had the same people at them, so it’s been a little difficult to make lasting connections very often. But some of them have been pretty fun. I’ve enjoyed the karaoke events and even Hakone Gardens.

Original review: May 4, 2019

I moved to Houston from Hawaii by myself and overheard about Events and Adventures over the radio. I work two jobs and while I made friends through work, all they do is go out, drink, get wasted and party. That was fun but when that's all you do, it gets boring. Also, I'm getting older and I'm getting into this mentality about trying new things and doing stuff. So I did my own research and went to Events and Adventures' website. I read the reviews which budged me in that direction.

When I went to my first event, I was completely nervous. It was a billiards event at a bar. But as soon as I walked in, everybody were super friendly and introduced themselves to me, so it was awesome. Then, I went to the game night for the first-timers. They had barbecues and I loved that we played Cards Against Humanity. I had a lot of fun there.

I normally go to the gym after work and then go home so I was shocked that they had physical events during the week too. I try to go to majority of them like jogging and Smoothie King but my all-time favorite so far is the volleyball which they only do once a month. I left a review saying they should have it more often 'cause it's cool to have those drinking events on a Friday or Saturday and then do physical events during the week. I've also signed up for the Comedy Night. I've never been to a stand-up comedy show ever so it's gonna be a bunch of firsts for me with Events and Adventures.

Original review: May 3, 2019

My first event was Feed My Starving Children and I was a little nervous, but then everybody was nice and friendly. Everybody talked and you could see that people already were friends. I've been to about nine events since December. I liked the laser tag. It's the one that they do the first of the month and it was my favorite. It was like the icebreaker, and then afterwards there was the big group. I also I liked the New Year’s Eve party where there was a charity event band. I've made friends at these events. I just wanted to get out of the house, and I really joined more events to make friends than to meet a significant other. Events and Adventures is a little pricey, but besides that, I really like it.

Original review: May 1, 2019

Wanting to try something new, I got into Events and Adventures and have been to around six of their events. I was nervous coming to the first one with nobody to go with, but I felt like it was good. And then I knew more people and we hang out. It's fun things to go. My favorite is the one where we went hiking to the Mission Peak at night. And then, we had the fire station one, which was my last, but I didn’t finish that because the firemen went out for emergency.

Original review: April 28, 2019

After a while, a lot of my friends moved away to college and such, and then my friends that are still at home never really wanted to go out. I was trying to basically improve my social skills, status, go out, and experience things. But since none of my friends really wanted to do those, I took a look into Events and Adventures. My experience with Events and Adventures has been great. It has been a lot of fun. It was not what I expected but kinda what I expected at the same time. I was a little curious attending my first event. I was always more of a shy, quiet guy, and I’m trying to be more extroverted. Also, I was curious about the age difference or the age range of it for a while, because I heard about the ad two years before I signed up. But I figured that it was all more late 20’s, early 30’s and such. And then, finally, I have decided I’ll figure it out and just kinda go from there.

The age range is a little bit of a challenge, but not terrible. It was how the events played out. It really didn't matter. I like the fact that typically, after the events, the whole gang goes out to a local bar or a pub. So it bounced out and worked out. I made a couple of good buddy friends through the first event, and then we went to more throughout. And we’ve been in contact outside of the events and such. I also went out on a date or two with one member from there, but unfortunately, it didn’t work out.

But it went further than I was expecting. I’ve been with them for six months, and I haven’t really dated anyone. And then the beyond for two, three months and being able to go out with someone, it just surprised me. Overall, I've enjoyed the event I had been to. I signed up for the laser tag event they got going on, which I’m really looking forward to. And there’s a handful for May that really piqued my interest. Also, there’s the Rivers Casino outing next week.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I have been with Events and Adventures for under two years. I heard about it through the radio and I felt like it was a good way to meet some people. The ones I like the most are drinking bar events. I didn't have any that I don't care that much mainly because if I wasn't interested in doing it, I won't sign up for it. After all, it takes a month or two to get to know people. Other than that, they should get a phone app instead of having to go to the website.

Original review: April 23, 2019

I'm a recently divorced mom in my 40's. I needed to get out and wanted to meet new people of different ages. I was interested about the Events and Adventures Club to meet some new friends who like to do some interesting things. Although initially, the single part caught my attention. My first event was a party which wasn't the best idea to start with. I could hold my own in a party, so it was fun. But I got completely lost and the logistics was a hassle. They did their best to explain the direction of how to get there but once I did, I couldn’t get in the building.

I called several people but no one picked up. When someone came down the same time as I did, he said, “Oh, I’m just seeing if my friend’s here.” I came from far away and drove the whole way so I was frustrated. I eventually asked some random woman to let me into the building. That was rough and I didn’t know if it was too much to ask to have someone sit down there. Events and Adventures was very surprised that happened but it wasn't really their fault.

I like weird stuff and things like hiking catches my eye. It was hard to meet people who like weird stuff too. I have attended a couple of group events and trips and I have a couple more to do. I went to the party and the after-party at the dive bar. But my favorite is the Water Lantern Festival that I just went to in San Jose. It was awesome and was good timing for me. Then, I signed up for the camping trip because I heard it was awesome. They also have some weird meditation thing, but it’s a half hour in the city. It’s gonna take me forever to get there so I don’t know if I’m gonna do it.

I’ve met a couple of people that I’ve seen at a couple of events and there's this guy I get excited when I see but I wouldn’t say we’re buddies. Honestly, I’m afraid to go out with anyone and would love to just make good friends, but I don’t think I’ve done enough. I’m still a newbie and I’ll just take it slow. But overall, I like Events and Adventures.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I was very nervous and apprehensive for my first Events and Adventures event because it was like stepping out into a new thing. When I got there, I found that the people were very cliquish like an old social gathering club. People would only go to an even if someone else is going. I went to the Frank Lloyd house, the golf outing and the karaoke, and in every event, nobody wanted to talk to anyone but who they know. The only person I spoke to each time was the organizer. People were standoffish and pretended to be something that they're not. So even though everything was good with my credit card payment, I was dissatisfied with my experience.

Original review: April 21, 2019

If you live a busy life, Events and Adventures ends up being convenient. I've attended 10 events and my favorite is the virtual reality at the movie theater. It's like you do a VR game and you move around. It's easy and cool. Other than that, I've done hiking and also heard a lot of good things about the camping trip. So I'm gonna do that soon. It’s been nice to have preplanned things to do, like entertainment-leisure-activity kind of things outside of work. Rushing at the end of the day, you already know there’s already something planned, and then you have to figure everything out. And although it's still early to make any new friends, my experience at Events and Adventures has been good so far.

Original review: April 20, 2019

I was interested in meeting new people and getting out instead of just sitting at home all the time. I’ve been with Events and Adventures since September and have attended a good 30 events. I like the sports activities. The archery dodge ball was a lot of fun and cool. I've also gone salsa dancing and joined the flag football. The roller skating had been fun too. I’m on a waiting list right now and I’d be getting on a trip in November. Hopefully, that works out. I’ve made new friends and have dated one person, but it didn’t work out.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I was just curious to see what Events and Adventures was about. I'm new to the area, so I wanted to meet people and that was their pitch. However, Events and Adventures is mostly just the same thing as Meetup.com, except that they charge you a membership fee, whereas Meetup.com doesn’t. It's a club, but I don’t feel like there was anything crazy special.

I've only attended three meetups and the experiences were okay, although the first event was kind of a joke. At the first event I attended, there was this walkthrough at a marketplace and they built it up as, “Oh, this is where Mark Zuckerberg goes and stuff.” And I was like, “Oh, that sounds interesting.” So, I go there. The place was closing as the event was starting so obviously, the coordinators didn’t coordinate that event well at all. If they did any sort of coordinating, they would have known that and that wouldn’t have happened. That was a huge disappointment. If I'm paying you a couple of grand and I'm paying extra for the events, I expect things to go well or things at least go according to plan. They could do a lot better job. But if things stay the way they are, I definitely won't renew my membership.

I've attended an all member mingle and it was okay. A lot of the people though seemed like they were out of my age range. There was a lot of older people. There were a few people in my age range. Several of them were from way up in San Francisco. It was what you would expect from a typical meetup, but at least with the typical meetup from Meetup.com, you get people that tend to be more local, but there, it seemed like they were from all over. Also, the meetups I have attended had a lot of the same people showing up. I like that because it helps you get to know people. But Meetup.com had a similar deal. Because of the exclusivity of it, it makes it more likely that you will see the same people again and again. That could be a good thing, but that could be a bad thing too. If you wanna meet more people, then that’s a bad thing. If you wanna get to know the same people more, then that’s a good thing.

A lot of the meetups fill up quickly. There have been a few I really want to attend even though they're months and months out, but they were already booked. They have a Las Vegas trip and I really wanted to attend that. I have no hope of attending that and it has been that way for months simply because it filled up so quickly. Aside from that, Events and Adventures have a handful of long vacations all over the world. But there are meetups on Meetup.com where they also have these vacations. And even though you're paying a membership fee like thousands, you're still completely on the hook for whatever expenses that they have during the meetup, like pay for meal, that’s totally you. Whatever cost, that’s totally on you.

Events and Adventures' choice of events aren’t bad, but they could do a better job. Even though they charge you over $2,000 a year, none of that appears to go towards anything other than just being allowed to attend the meetups. That’s it. So, it doesn’t go towards the expenses or anything of the meetups. For how much they charge for membership, I don’t feel like I'm getting my money’s worth. If you compare them to Meetup.com, they don’t charge you a dime for membership, all you have to so sign up. I'm dissatisfied. if I'm gonna pay that much for membership, I should feel like I'm getting a special treatment and I should be getting something that other services out there don’t offer. They should make you feel special. I don’t get that. Obviously, they have a thing where only members of Events and Adventures can attend these events, whereas Meetup, anybody can attend.

Original review: April 17, 2019

Everything looks fun at Events & Adventures. I met their people in person and they're evaluating me as a person to see if I'm fit for the club.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I don't actively go out and meet people and Events and Adventures was a way to make myself wanna do it. I wanted to give myself a reason to get the heck out of my house. I have attended two of their events. I attended an introductory meet-up but I had my son that day so I didn't get to finish up the entire rest of it. I liked the avalanche game more. I have one event signed up this month but since I work swing shift, 90% of the items available are not available during the time that I am. It would be really nice to see that some events were midday or early morning, or over breakfast or brunch. Even the night shift people would still be able to take advantage of this group.

Original review: April 10, 2019

Events & Adventures' going out and doing stuff with other people appealed to me, and I have been to 10 of their events. All of their events were fun, and my favorite ones were archery, dodgeball, bachata, and the art walk. I had a bad experience at one, but it wasn't an official one.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I got interested with Events & Adventures because I like the idea of getting to go do things at a discounted rate. I felt nervous but everybody was really nice at the first event. I've only been at two things and my favorite is the basketball event.

Original review: April 3, 2019

It sounded like Events and Adventures had interesting things to do that I wasn’t able to find on my own, so I was interested in joining the club. I’ve done a lot of the bar events that they’ve had and I liked the Howl at the Moon event. Before I arrived at my first event, I didn’t know anybody. I was with the group but nobody was talking to me. Then the host came up and talked to me. He got me introduced and that helped a lot. At Events and Adventures, they are welcoming. They help break the ice and that’s what I have trouble with. The Saturday and Sunday schedules, though, seem to be focused on skiing and I don’t ski. But since joining the club I’ve been on a few dates.

Original review: April 1, 2019

Events and Adventures was a way that I could somewhat get back on the dating scene, but have stuff pre-planned. It is a great program. The first event I went to was fine and I have attended two events so far. I enjoyed myself in the bowling social night and there was also a game night once. I have signed up for two others but I had to cancel at the last minute because of work. I have such a busy lifestyle being a medical so I have been a little skittish about signing back up because I understand not wanting to cancel at the last minute because it impairs others. It is kinda hard for people who are professionally driven to be able to cancel in a reasonable-like manner. So, I have not planned anything for at least two months but it is not out of lack of interest or the program itself. Despite that, Events and Adventures is great and I enjoy it. I recommend them to anyone who has a reasonably flexible schedule.

Events and Adventures expert review by Mark Brooks

Events & Adventures offers a unique take on the traditional concept of matchmaking. By adding in the element of adventure, this dating company works to take the nerves out of any first date.

• Group meetings: Events & Adventures makes a first date experience more like a social club. Everyone involved meets up for a fun activity and gets to know each other under easygoing circumstances.

• Vetting process: Meeting someone for the first time is filled with uncertainty. With Events & Adventures, participants know that the person they meet is who they say they are. A complete vetting prior to any adventure helps ensure a safe and fun time.

• Dating for introverts: In most dating situations, the extroverts get all the attention, but this unique dating service works just as well for the introverts out there. It allows a group of people to meet and interact naturally, removing the stress of the dating atmosphere.

• Activity variety: Put the dinner and a movie model out of your mind when you sign up with Events & Adventures. They offer 30-50 great event choices each month.

• International adventures: Where most dating services feel they've done their job after the first date, Events & Adventures works to keep the fun going all around the world. Participants can enjoy local activities and international travel, all with a group of like-minded adults.

• Best for: People seeking long-term relationships, people seeking fun activities and those looking to meet new friends.

Profile picture of Mark Brooks
Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

Events and Adventures Company Information