Call toll free
3.83/5

Events and Adventures

Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Minneapolis, Phoenix, San Francisco, Santa Clara, and Vancouver BC

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Events and Adventures is more than just a social club -- it’s a way to experience new adventures while making new friends. We are located in Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Minneapolis, Phoenix, San Francisco, Santa Clara, Seattle and Vancouver, BC.

Events & Adventures is a safe, invitation-only network of people with a common thread: to get out and meet new people. With 30-50 local events each month, you’ll easily be able to find events you’re interested in meet people with common interests. Whether it's horseback riding, skydiving, wine tasting or just a casual hangout! Visit us online to learn more about how you can get the ball rolling.

Events and Adventures Gallery (10)
A-BBB Rating
View More View More

1323 Events and Adventures Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: June 2, 2019

I heard about E&A on 93.3 Radio for advertisement here in Arizona but at the time, I was in a relationship. After that relationship ended in October, I stepped away from dating. But in the beginning of this year, my mother mentioned E&A and asked if I had ever thought of checking it out. Who do you want to hear from that you're single and you should probably try to move on? Your mother. It thought it had been a few months and maybe I should go and check it out. There were three categories given to me when I first was doing my interview. There were travel, romance and friends, and what I said interested me was romance.

My dad was a marine so I've traveled every few years to all around the world and I've done vacations. So I've done travel and I would probably do travel with my family still. I also have a ton of friends here in Arizona. It's primarily why I stayed here. But I enjoyed the feeling of being in a relationship and the happiness that I felt from it, and I would like to try and find it again.

I was a little nervous driving up to my first event. I was thinking what this was gonna mean and to not be awkward. But my first event was volleyball. This wasn't a speed dating thing. I was not there to try and get numbers. I was there as just another person who is interested in playing volleyball. I told myself to be nice, friendly and charismatic, and to be myself. I told myself that while I was at it, to see who else was there, to take advantage of seeing all these people needing to be social, and to see who's social and who's not. By the start of the event and getting into it, I was just having a good time with new friends.

At this point, I've done volleyball twice. I have been with the club for about two months and I've been to seven events. My next events would be volleyball next Wednesday and then it's a luau party that Saturday. I've also done broomball twice and I'm trying to do more things like that, like at the burger and bowling. When I first started out, I was just trying to do the pretty fun ones like the volleyball and game nights. I'm slowly trying to get into more and I'm excited for the salt river adventure at the end of the month. So I'm trying to expand out more because I wanna take more advantage of it and I found out that I enjoyed hanging out with other people that aren't my main friends from Arizona.

The biggest surprise to me, which I thought was the most pleasant was that I went in hoping to see if I could find a significant other but there's a lot of great people that I didn't expect to connect with on a friend level and I enjoy just talking with them when I go to events. One of the hosts that I hang out with was my first host at volleyball, Kevin. I remember going to his game night and we talked for an hour about heavy rock. It seems like there's a huge community of people who like to go and do group things that aren't necessarily E&A but they get E&A people together. I've gotten to connect with everyone and make friends, like Kevin, so that's been really fun to do. That's my biggest highlight from that.

I have also found someone I am interested in pursuing. We've exchanged numbers and gone on a very casual date. This person is very laid back and very tomboyish which isn't a problem. I think that's cool and she's cool. But it's a different thing that I've had to tackle so I was trying to slow myself down, enjoy being casual and take the time to get to know this person more. Having just left a really serious relationship, I'm trying to stop myself from wanting to rush things and ruin it.

Get expert buying tips about Matchmaking Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 18, 2019

I’ve always searched for events and vacations for singles. Then an ad for Events and Adventures popped up ‘cause I definitely don’t get out very much. Based on the very minimal information I could find out without going to that meeting, it was like they went out and did a lot of things that I wouldn’t normally get to do by myself. So, I figured I would see what it was about. On the first event, I really didn't know anything about it and what to expect. That part was a little bit unorganized. Meeting new people and doing things I don't even know about was a little nerve-wracking. Luckily, the website had the host's information. So, I texted and asked her where to go and what we were doing.

On the very first event with the young professionals, they all knew each other already and I didn't get into their group that night. It was a little bit uncomfortable. But some of them did a really good job. The host at the event also went out of her way to welcome the group and she was trying to tell me some things. I didn't exchange numbers or anything until a couple of weekends ago when I met those guys. But we’re getting to become friends. There are not too many prospects for any real significant other at this point, but definitely some friends. We were texting all day yesterday about if we would able to go to any events this week or when the next one would be.

I work for an insurance company and we are very busy with all of the hail and flood. If I'm having a rough day at work, I would sway if I wanted to go out and see people I might not know and might not have conversations with or if I just wanted to go home and pass out. That prevented me from being as motivated to go to events. I’ve also talked to my friends about it and I’m trying to get them to come with me, so at least I have somebody to talk to. But I noticed that most people don't do that.

I've attended about seven events now. The bowling was probably my favorite and it was more fun because we had one of those icebreaker events. I met some new people at the icebreaker and we were all on the same team and we got to know each other, and it was a lot more fun because we all had conversations and got to know each other really well. It was more intimate. The Rangers games are really fun as well. And I’m scheduled for several things this month.

It has been a fun experience with Events and Adventures. It’s great to get to know new people. They have events for everybody, so I’m not gonna like everything. Nobody’s gonna like all the events all the time, but at least one event a week strikes your attention, and that’s the best part. Once you get comfortable, you should go to events that you wouldn't normally like so that you could meet different people and expand your horizon.

Events and Adventures response

Brittni we are so glad to hear that! We hope you have been able to get out to more events with us!

Let me know if you need anything, anytime. Danielle McCrary, Corporate Manager

Original review: April 30, 2019

I recently moved to the area and knew only one person here. I thought Events and Adventures would be a great way to make new friends and grow my network. I was a little bit nervous before arriving at my first event. We all are, I think. You go to your first event, you’re not sure what to expect and what kinds of people you’re going to meet. But I felt confident enough that the kinds of people I would meet would be more professionals like me rather than just random folks that you’d meet at a bar. That was a little bit of peace of mind that I liked about E & A and part of the reason why I joined. That change after I arrived though. In the group that we were at, everyone seemed to be at least courteous. They tried to engage and get involved with everyone else. Everybody was cordial with each other, but more than that, they were trying to be warm.

I went to Tahoe with E & A once and it was a lot of fun. I do events pretty regularly, but the out of town and traveling stuff, I’ve only done the Tahoe trip. It was a ski lodge kind of a thing. We all stayed at a rented house. I shared a room with a bunch of folks and everyone had a bunk. Everyone was courteous and there wasn’t a whole lot of loud craziness going on at night. We did have some nocturnal fun though, like board games and drinking. But when people were getting ready to go to bed, we were courteous about making sure that we weren’t being too loud. It was a little stressful for a couple of folks because of the weather and having to drive in the snow. Then there was traffic and other considerations like that. But those did not detract from the overall experience. All in all, it was a good time. The people made it fun.

My favorite event is the New Year’s event, not this past year at the ballpark, but the one prior to that on the rooftop. Everybody got dressed up. Although it was expensive and I understand that the expense was rough for some people, but to me, it was worth it because it was loads of fun and there was plenty to do. However, my dad was in the hospital for a while. I put my account on hold so that I wouldn’t waste a month that I’ve already paid for. I wasn’t able to do any events in April, but I’m hoping that May proves to be a much better month for everybody.

I’ve made some close friends and some good friends. Although I have not found a significant other, that wasn’t really my initial goal. The salesperson who was interviewing me and trying to sell me on E & A just didn’t care or pay attention to anything that I was saying when I was telling her that I just wanted to make some friends. All she was talking about was me meeting somebody special. The worst part of my experience was the salesperson here in San Jose. Aside from that, I understand that this is a singles club and I know that people have met their significant other either in E & A or through E & A, and that’s wonderful. But there are lots of people who don’t. I feel like framing E & A that way can create false expectations.

For me, I’m not here to find one special someone. I wouldn’t be opposed to that, but I went because when you go to a place where you can meet some great people, have a great time, chat with folks, and get along with people, you can make close friends and have a social group that you enjoy being part of. That is what has happened for me, and I like it.

E & A 5 feels like a labor of love, which I like. I’ve met Mark, the owner, and I like him. But I feel like there are some things that E & A could definitely do better. The website needs some work. And when I use the app to check on the event and what’s going on, there isn’t an app. It’s just a mobile version of the website, which is extremely difficult to navigate. Some members of E & A are working on an app and working on improving this in order to earn event credits, but the fact that no one from administration is hiring web developers feels less professional than it could be.

The cost versus benefit could be better too. We’re paying a lot of money to be part of E & A and there are a lot of benefits that go along with that. However, when we go to a concert, we’d pay a bunch of money to get seats, but I don’t always feel like we get the best seats. I feel like if I hadn’t joined E & A and I saved that $1,000, then when I went to an event, I would pay whatever the cost to me through E & A was and kick it up by $40. I would then get way better seats at events like plays, theater performances and musical performances, and I still would be a net positive as far as cost.

I would spend less if I wasn’t a member of E & A going to these same events and getting better seats. The positives far outweigh the negatives though. With E & A, I wouldn’t be going by myself or with one friend who can afford to go. I’d be going with a group and we could all discuss afterwards. We can also all go to a bar afterwards and enjoy the experience together, which is always nice.

I love E & A. I’ve already renewed once and may renew again, depending. If you can afford the money, it’s worth giving it a shot. It's a great place to meet people that are of similar means and capability. There’s a pretty interesting diverse group of folks. While you won’t get close to or be friends with a lot of people you’ll meet, you will meet plenty of people that you do connect with.

Paul,

We are so glad to see you are enjoying the events! We do have so many different people in our group, and are grateful for the amazing people like you! Thank you for leaving positive feedback!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Events and Adventures was advertised quite a bit like around New Year’s. I heard them on the radio saying, “Do things you enjoy doing and meet people while you’re at it.” I joined Events and Adventures about a month ago. But I didn’t realize that it was a singles only kind of group and that they interviewed you. I just thought it was another meetup group. I am actually in some other meetup groups that are just free. But I’ve been doing more of the Events and Adventures because it’s costing me money. It’s not really a dating group. But it is kind of for singles to meet other people which is good.

I like that Events and Adventures has an age range because a lot of the meetup groups that I joined were younger. I’m 53 so it’s kinda hard to meet people my age, especially since people my age and older are usually not as active and they don’t like to socialize as much. But I enjoy going out, going to restaurants or movies, or just doing things. I’ve been trying to get more active physically so I’ve been doing the kickball and volleyball activities. Those were nice.

There are a lot of nice people that I’ve met through Events and Adventures and I’ve been seeing a few of the people. Some are the same people at some of the events. Some of them friended me on Facebook. Events and Adventures also offers a good variety of different events and they are in different areas of the city. I’ve mostly been trying to do some that are close to me other than the Gilbert area. I’ve gone to quite a few. I signed up for two events, but I had to cancel because I had to go out of town. I was gone all of last week.

But one thing is that Events and Adventures is very pricey. You have to pay the event fees on top of your membership fee. It is a strain financially because I’m a single parent and I work full-time. Other than that, I appreciate the fact that they offer a lot of different events which I know cost money to get those deals. I also appreciate the fact that they kind of vet out their members. They make sure that they are committed and interested, don’t have a record, and have a stable job.

Another things is maybe there could be more weekend stuff. For people that work full-time, it’s kind of hard to do stuff during the week. They could also try to schedule earlier events because a lot of the events are at 7 or 8 o’clock at night. If you have to drive far, by the time you get home, it’s already 10 o’clock and this is on a weeknight. I would also like the more festival type of things or going as a group to things such as an art festival, music festival, food festival and those type of things. Those are fun.

Events and Adventures response

Grace we appreciate your honest feedback. We will be sure to get these suggestions over to Meggie!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I liked the different activities that Events & Adventures offered. So, I joined and before going to my first event, I was nervous because I didn’t know anybody. But everyone was really nice, friendly, and welcoming. You get the feeling like you’re not alone, everybody is there to just have fun and meet new people, and that you can enjoy yourself. So, it wasn’t hard after I got there. So far, I’ve done one big trip to the Grand Canyon, which is my favorite, and about five local events.

The Grand Canyon trip was so awesome and I would do that again in a heartbeat. It was a very fast trip. We all met in Las Vegas and we had roommates. There were 27 people from Events & Adventures from seven different states. Our trip guide, Jocelyn, who was out of Denver, was also super. We went out to dinner together as a big group, so we got to know each other a little bit. Then the next morning, we got on a bus to go to a smaller airport to divide and get on smaller planes out to a ranch. We spent the day at the ranch and spent the night in covered wagons with our roommates. The next morning, we got on helicopters to go down onto the river in the canyon then we got on our big raft and we rafted down the canyon for two days. We had two campouts on the river side of the canyon and we saw different things. And we hiked up to a waterfall one day.

On the day that we left, we boated to a bus, got on the bus, then got to the airport. I had one of the first flights, so I didn’t have time to do anything. And my friend that picked me up from the airport told me she thought I looked like a homeless person because I hadn’t showered. We had to bathe in the cold river while we were there, which was brown, and I chose not to do that. So I was filthy and grungy when I got home. But it was so much fun and I couldn’t care what I was like coming home. We had the best time and that’s my kind of adventure right there.

Other than that, I have been to a concert down at Miller Theatre in Houston. I’ve been on a hike, a trivia bar game, and a movie as well. But I don’t tend to do the weekly stuff because I live about an hour away from where the middle of the week activities are down in Houston where the traffic is crazy. I always meet really cool girls at the events but we haven’t continued a friendship outside of the events.

Also, I don’t feel like it is a place for me to meet a significant other or I haven’t had that feeling yet. On the rafting trip, there were 21 girls and 6 guys. And Jocelyn said that was because women sign up early while men wait for the last minute. So a lot of activities are a lot like that. But I’m not really in it to meet a significant other. I'm in it to have fun and meet new people. And I have a very busy social neighborhood, so it is not like I’m looking for things to fill my evenings with during the week. I travel a lot on the weekends, too. I’m looking at another big trip with Events & Adventures, though, because the previous one was so awesome.

Events and Adventures response

Tess we are so happy to have you as a member. I think this honest feedback is so helpful to other members and any potential members. Our trips are one of our favorite things! It is great you had such an amazing time. Please let us know if you need anything at all!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Events and Adventures?

Original review: July 19, 2019

I had a lot of friends that had gotten married and I can’t get them out anymore. So, I was looking for something to try. I’ve been receiving mailings for a year about Events and Adventures and I decided to sign up with them. On my first event, I was with a very welcoming group of people and I had a lot of fun. And it’s been like that ever since. I’ve done everything from sports to international travels and shows, and the accommodations have been pretty good. They’re usually 3 to 4 star and for the price, you can’t complain.

So far, I enjoy the sports events. But I really haven’t had a lot of time, so I have just been doing one or two events a month. Also, I’ve noticed over the last couple of years that they stopped doing events up on the northern suburbs. They still do stuff in the southern suburbs, though. But if they did more events in the north suburbs during the week, I’d be more able to do that. Other than that, I’ve always been sort of outgoing and I wanted to meet new people, and Events and Adventures was an avenue for that.

Original review: July 18, 2019

Events and Adventures' activities interested me. I was nervous and excited before arriving at my first event, but that changed after I arrived. I've been to four events a month and do a lot of the outdoor stuff. I do a lot of the hiking events, which I love. The Music Under the Stars event was cold but it was nice. I've also done the kayaking event. I made new friends and found a significant other on an event. I've been recommending Events and Adventures to a lot of friends that need a social life.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I heard about Events and Adventures at a party and I got interested as I was going through a divorce. The first event that I went to was fun, and the people were nice. I've been to two of their events so far. I did game night at the clubhouse which was fun. And then I ended up at the Cottonwood one, but I came a little late and there were only four people left there. That wasn't very fun. I prefer the clubhouse party because a lot of the events start late at night, like after 7:00 or 8:00. I prefer like happy hour time. So, I probably attend one a month. However, I'm thinking that it's maybe a waste of money for me. I'm a realtor and things that I have to do come up all the time. I do not have a set schedule and I do work on weekends. At the interview, they showed me a calendar and asked how many days could I go, and I honestly said that I could probably do one. And they still encouraged me to sign up then. But it's just not really compatible to my schedule.

Original review: July 16, 2019

A lot of my friends have been settling down and didn’t have a lot of free time. I got interested in Events and Adventures thinking it would be a fun way to meet new people and do stuff that I haven’t tried before. My first event was Cards Against Humanity back in 2017, and it was fun. Game night is fun. I join two to three of the group's activities per month, and I’m about to go on my first trip with them in August.

However, I’ve seen myself going to fewer and fewer events because of the quality of people that I meet. Sometimes I don’t feel like I can get on-board with them. I don’t mean to sound like a snob, but I’m somebody with a graduate degree and have my own life, and a lot of these people don’t seem to be so. They’re good people but I was expecting a little more of a better crowd. Events and Adventures advertised themselves as somebody who takes care a lot of who they’re letting in, but I don’t think that is the reality. If you’re looking to meet certain quality of people, don’t go for it. But if you’re looking to have fun, try new things, or you’re new to town and looking to meet people, then sure, sign up.

Original review: July 15, 2019

I’ve gone on some weekend camping trips with Events and Adventures, and it's always fun. I've been with them for almost three years and I have made a lot of really good friends. I’ve got a whole new social group, and it’s a lot of fun. But me and four of my other friends have all had issues with the whole renewing your membership thing. They should work on that. But other than that, I’d recommend Events and Adventures to a friend.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I got interested with Events and Adventures due to the fact that I could meet others. My first event was pretty cool, and everyone was friendly. It was a nice experience. So far, I've done 4 of their activities - the outdoor ones like hiking, water sports, and then wine tasting. I really liked the rushing river, flooding, and next week there would be another hike. Through the club, I’ve made some contacts and met people that I’ve been texting with.

Original review: July 10, 2019

Seattle is notorious for being hostile towards newcomers as far as the social scene and I became interested in Events and Adventures. The first event was a game night at a pool hall and when I arrived, it was fine. I have attended about six events a month for 10 months and I like most of the outdoor things such as rafting, camping and hiking. I was also on a snorkeling trip this weekend and it went really well. I have signed up for things toward the end of August. However, Events and Adventure’s website is horrible. Also, their payment management system is verging on unethical. When you cancel an event, they do not refund your money. Instead, it goes to an event credit that you can use on other events. They do not pay you interest on that, so they just keep this tab almost like a savings account of your event credit, and indefinitely. I have credit sitting out there for a long time.

They will charge a small fee for some events such as in a dinner. There is a $10 fee to hold your spot, which makes sense. They want people to show up instead of reserving a 12-person table and four people show up, so I get that. However, it can take weeks to get a refund back. It does not even come back as a refund but it goes as an event credit. You can apply it later, but then, like last night, I signed up for some August events, and I was trying to figure out how to use credits and I did not see the place because it was very unintuitive. So, I went back in to cancel my registration and re-registered using my credit but they locked the registration for 24 hours. It makes no sense that you cannot cancel for 24 hours for no known reason.

It is almost like they are hoping you will forget to go back and apply the credits. Then, they can keep your money and use it without paying you interest. If you miss the cancellation deadline, you do not get an event credit either. I’ve had fun getting to know people and as far as meeting people in the area, it has been successful but their website and their payment system are inexcusable.

Original review: July 9, 2019

I heard about Events and Adventures through a radio advertisement and I liked the idea of getting involved in different activities. In my very first event, I was a little nervous but I was mostly excited. It was informative and it gave me an idea as to how the activities are organized. So, from that point moving on, I wasn’t quite as nervous as I was on the first event. But meeting new people every time still makes you a little bit nervous. I’ve done four events so far and my favorite was the initial meeting at Park & Field. It’s a little restaurant bar area with an outdoor patio so it was a meet and greet game night event. I also did a hike in the woods, another one was a trivia night at a local bar and then another one was at a rooftop bar crawl in Wicker Park. Overall, I like Events and Adventures a lot. It presents a lot of good opportunities to not only experience new things, but meet new people. So, it’s important to take advantage of the opportunities that are offered.

Original review: July 8, 2019

A friend told me about Events and Adventures and I liked the opportunity to meet some of the same people over and over. I felt a little nervous at my first event not knowing what was gonna happen but I adapted to the situation. I’ve been to six events so far and my favorite was the Fourth of July party. We had a rooftop party, an open bar, a DJ, free barbecue and just hung out and socialized. I have also done skydiving and a pool party.

Original review: July 4, 2019

One of my brother’s friend’s father found somebody through Events and Adventures that he ended up marrying. I've been part of the club for about two months now and have been to one of the events but it was not as I expected. It seemed like a whole bunch of people that didn’t have anything better to do, and there wasn’t a whole lot of conversation. It was really awkward for me. We were just out for tacos and everybody was kind of sitting there like a bump on a log. I’m not going for a social club like just hang out and talk to people. I’m trying to meet somebody, and I was very clear to those people about that, and that was not an environment in which I was gonna meet somebody. Maybe it was just that one particular event, so I’m gonna give it a few more, but if another one goes the same way, I’m gonna call them and ask for my money back.

Original review: June 21, 2019

I had just moved out here like a few months prior to signing up with Events and Adventures, and I had no friends. The idea of being able to make friends and possibly meet somebody appealed to me. I’m kind of shy and awkward at first. In talking to people there, I’m kind of just reserved. I was a little nervous but it’s been great. I've been to probably a dozen events and I really enjoyed the International Eats. I thought that was really fun. I like trying new foods and the game nights are fun too. I really appreciate the Facebook page and availability of having input on future events. I haven’t attended much in the last month, but that’s because I actually met somebody at Events and Adventures. So, we’ve doing our own thing.

Original review: June 20, 2019

I'm enjoying my experience with Events and Adventures. Everybody I've met so far has been pretty nice and I've made a handful of friends. We're all pretty cool. I'm not originally from Arizona so the places that I've never been to are my favorite events. I had never been to Lake Pleasant and that was pretty neat. We rode on another individual’s boat. It was a pretty long day. I also had never been to Sedona and I just went there so it was something new. We drove out that morning and went to Slide Rock then come back later that day.

Original review: June 19, 2019

In the first 3 months after I joined Events and Adventures, I went to probably 13 events. I was gonna quit after I signed up ‘cause I can’t afford this and they were able to put me into 2 years of that. It was more affordable for me that way. I was a little unsure before arriving to my first event but everybody was welcoming. I felt like I was actually a part of them ‘cause they introduced themselves. I did go on the camping trip. We went tubing down a river while we camped, and we rented pontoons. These were all women my age. I met a couple of women from Chicago and we plan on seeing friends and visiting each other. I also met some from Rochester, Minnesota.

I enjoyed the Pianopalooza where two guys were playing the piano and singing. I also went to the mini golf, and that was just with the group of people my age. There were also a few of the bar ones where you just go karaoke. I don’t really know if I wanna keep going to those... maybe once in a while. But it seems like it’s a lot of the younger groups, and they’re kinda cliquey. I’d like to participate in things for people my age and I’ve noticed that so far, there aren't really that many people. There are more people that are like 20s and 30s than there are 50s. But I’m on second shift now and I also work weekends, so I haven’t been able to participate lately.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I liked the idea of doing something new. I joined Events and Adventures and I've been to about 6 events. There are more faces that I recognize now. I normally participate in the big ones like food events. I did one sport which was the broomball and that one was fun ‘cause it was just like everyone being super relaxed.

Original review: June 16, 2019

Personally, I have been jobless and homeless a number of times. Handing over money to a company that describes its members as "elite" and "professional" and echoing my answers to interview questions, only to find that it is a misrepresentation of the actual clientele is beyond unacceptable. Everyone at this company has been extremely rude and unresponsive to this. They just say "No refund for you!!" Then they just push you aside and tell you to cease asking for them to exchange a valid service for the money you paid. Funny that I see a lot of shining reviews on this site, but very few on others, and many reviews are not only completely opposite to what I experienced but also wreak of marketing campaign--so possibly listed by the company itself. There are not events every day, so any review stating that is inaccurate. Cancellation is almost impossible, and that is after their slick salespeople misrepresent.

I joined for a 6 month period in February 2019. Staff misrepresent the services expected. They ask questions, then use your answers to lie about their service. When I told staff that I must be around respectful people with good values, they assured me that Events & Adventures has an environment similar to what I described. The company boasts a private, "elite" group of people. I attended ONE event, which alone proved a completely opposite situation. Given the extremely inappropriate behavior--yelling, profanity, sexual references and gestures, and overall foolishness--I was not comfortable attending more events. Then I read reviews such as on Yelp and the BBB, to find that "SCAM" is the word.

I reported the inappropriate behavior to Events & Adventures, and it was met with the most unprofessional and unaccountable mentality I have ever encountered. They collected information, on a first phone call, on what happened at the event for their own internal purposes. Firstly, I had told the slick salesman when I signed up that I was raised with good values and wanted to be around like-minded people. They assured I would--LIE!!! Secondly, they have done nothing but insist that I keep going to events--after I told them repeatedly that I am uncomfortable being in situations that likely would include the same behavior. The events are open to all members, and the Company approves these people for membership.

A separate phone call was made TO ME to collect information on what happened at the one event. The staff person told me that he would talk to "corporate" about it to see what type of solution could be formed. When he did not follow up with me for more than a week, I tried following up, asking to speak to him. My name and cell were taken down for a return phone call, and then within minutes I received an email from a third individual, rudely telling me that no refund was to be expected and that an events manager was notified to possibly help me go to MORE events--AGAIN!!

A little later that same day, the president, Mark Owen, emailed me and rattled off a list of accusations about my behavior--that I was slandering the company, harassing staff, and so on. So if you follow up with someone who originally reached out to you about a legit complaint, E&A terms it harassment. Just like their sales pitch....misrepresentation of the facts. And let's add "refusal to do anything, but count the bank roll". So the president of Events & Adventures uses a psychological mind game of inaccurate finger pointing to turn the table on a legit complaint I have made--to somehow bully me to back off on my complaint??

You want to bully me, Mark Owen? Come at me, Bro!!! Come at me!!! After the way I have been treated by your scamming company misrepresenting and stealing my money, I am not backing down when representing the TRUTH about your unethical company. And if you want to come at ME with slander, how about you sue everyone else that left legit complaints on Yelp and other sites for YEARS....YEARS....citing inappropriate and unethical actions by your company. I have emails proving the company's attempt to do nothing! Then you try to flip the script and falsely accuse me!

When I say repeatedly that I do not want to be in situations where inappropriate behavior is aplenty, your company tells me that I have no choice but to tolerate it. I went to ONE event. Had I been allowed to prove, by attending one event before paying, that your staff misrepresented the events and people involved, then I could have made an ACCURATE, INFORMED decision to avoid indecent, inappropriate behavior. But instead, your company misrepresents and a 3-day cancellation contract then equates to SCAM. There aren't events "every day", so a member cannot pay for services, attend to a first event and find out the TRUTH, and still have time to cancel. OUTRIGHT SCAM!!!

Original review: June 11, 2019

I've heard about Events and Adventures on the radio and it sounded like it was interesting so I got in. It was easy, and what's most appealing was the background check and validating people. I’ve made a girl friend that lives nearby, and we hang out. I’m social and easygoing, and so far, I've been to three events. They were all of the same genre, though. One was a mafia dinner, which was the most fun, then the others were a board game night and a movie. The next one would be a pub crawl.

However, I think it lacks diversity. When people are signing up, it's like, “Hey, yeah, we have over 1,000 number of members,” but when you look at the events, and if you talk to other members, it’s the same rotating group. Every person at these events already know each other and it’s the same people that participate in the Facebook group. There’s literally a rotating group of 20 that show up to the events. So, if you’re not into one of the 20, you’re now signed up for something for the next year, and you’re kind of SOL.

Not only that. I’m supposed to be a single person at events but what if I meet someone at an event and we started dating, which is the purpose of the group? What would be the purpose of being a member for a year, which I have paid for, if I can’t attend events because now I’m in a relationship? What do you do then? So, there’s no caveat to getting out of it.

Also, something that I would really like to see happen very soon is some website interface enhancements. After signing up for an event, it would be really nice if you got the option of adding it to a calendar, either your Gmail, your Outlook, or your iCalendar. And then on the website, there should be a consolidated list of the events that you signed up for, versus having to go through the calendar and finding them because it’s not intuitive or easy. It's like, after I signed up for stuff, I would have to open up my own personal calendar and add it on there. Then if I added it the wrong time or the wrong date, then I would have to go back and fish, or figure out if I did sign up for something.

And for as much money as you’re paying to attend all of these things, it should follow up with you, and say, “Oh, look, you’re supposed to be going to this.” or a reminder the day before, “Don’t forget you have this tomorrow.” Three interfaces do that, Meetup.com does that, INWEGO does that, everything else does that. It’s outdated that it doesn’t do that.

Original review: June 10, 2019

Events and Adventures helped me in exploring new places in and out of the city and meeting new people. That's kind of interesting. Every time you have something new to do, something new to learn, and someone new to meet. I was kind of nervous being in my first event. I didn't know how it was gonna be - if I could get along with people or if I would like the event. But it went very well. I liked the way the host understood me. His name is Alex. Every place I go to, I just get along with the new people.

I registered for seven events and trips but I have only been to four. I had to travel from a city in Indiana to Chicago. Sometimes, I register for an event but am unable to reach the place because of my travel issues like car troubles. I registered for a Whirlyball activity which I would have liked to do. The other one was at Dave and Buster's. I registered for a party too but that was full so I was unable to go there. My favorite events so far were at Bones Bar and the first event which was a laser tag activity. That was very good. It's summer and I would like to go and do things outdoors. I'll be going to one event this weekend.

There's a time gap among the events I have been to so I was not able to make any new friends until now. But looking forward, I'd like to make some new ones. I think it depends on how frequent I go to the events. There will be very few people who will be coming to every event and there will be new people every time. Some people who will be coming to the event I will be going to this week may or may not be coming to the next event I go to. The probability of meeting the same people again and again is very low. This case needs to be considered.

Otherwise, the event hosts are very friendly and they keep things going. The venues Events and Adventures pick out and the type of events are so different which help people. For example, there are a few events which are related to some different cultures like the Mexican culture. Learning this new culture or just getting to know the different types of food from different places are good memories you make. Overall, everything is good. I think I just need to be able to make it to the events frequently and meet more people.

Original review: June 9, 2019

Someone told me about Events and Adventures, and I was interested in meeting girls. I was nervous before arriving to my first event, but it wasn't too bad. I’ve been going to events about every week now. I was looking forward to doing softball, but that got cancelled because of weather. Right now, I mainly do the sports like volleyball, and if they have any flag football again, I’ll be going to that. I’ve definitely met some people, and my experience with Events and Adventures seems cool.

Original review: June 8, 2019

I’m having a good experience with E and A. I got interested because they have different events every day, and they have lots of various activities. And I wanted to have new experiences, so that was exciting. I felt really nervous before arriving to my first event but it changed after I arrived and got to know the people and what the event was all about. I’ve been a member for five months now, and I've been to about 16 events. I like the sport events like basketball and pickleball. I've been to a family game night and restaurant events, too. I made two new friends. I was expecting to find some dates, but I never really could go out with anyone with E and A.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I like Events and Adventures a lot, and I got interested because I was single. They have a lot of different things that you could do each month. And so, you get to pick and choose what works for you. I’ve met a lot of new friends through it, so I think it’s been a good experience. I would change the app on the phone. It isn’t really that friendly to use. Other than that, most of the events are good, and the people are usually friendly. Events and Adventures helped me get out of the house and meet new people and do new things.

Original review: June 6, 2019

I'm a very happy customer and I am telling other people and recommending the club to other people. What interested me to join Events and Adventures was the social activities. I was looking for people who are doing something basically and after I signed up, I'm looking almost everyday what's on the calendar. So now, it's my everyday thing. I'm definitely not the person who would be going somewhere everyday because I am quite busy. But otherwise, I'm looking for and finding more people with similar hobbies as I have. I'm mostly really looking for activities like hiking and playing sports. So these are the things that I am attending and it's fun. This is what I'm doing, what I'm attending and what I'm enjoying.

I didn't really know so much what to expect on my first event. I was confused, really. But when I arrived there, it was fun. The first event that I signed up for was playing volleyball so it was fun. I was nicely surprised. I have been a member for two months and I've been to eight events. So far, my experience has only been good. I'm also very much looking forward to and curious about the trips. I even already signed up for one to Costa Rica in December. So I'm very excited about that. There's also one travel destination that has been on my bucket list for a long time already, which is Australia, and I was asking the local scenic manager if she has heard anything about a potential trip next year or after next year. She was saying that she doesn't know any detail for now but for sure, at some point, there will be something. I am really hoping that it will happen and when it does, I'm signing up.

Original review: June 5, 2019

I got interested with Events and Adventures because my husband passed away about a year ago, and I was looking to get out and not work all the time. I haven’t done a whole lot of things just yet, but everything that I’ve been to has been really fun and terrific. I’ve had a good time. I went kayaking and indoor skydiving. I also went to a couple of mixers and to a brunch with some people with a group. Everybody’s been super-nice. My experience has been really good.

Original review: June 4, 2019

Events & Adventures is a way to meet people that's not on a dating app so I signed up. I was nervous going at the first event. I didn't know what it was gonna really be like, but a couple of other members were really good about making it comfortable. I went to a dozen events and I really like the archery tag. There was a hang gliding one that was really good. I’m getting one that’s like an adult water park that they're setting up with different blowup slides. I've done dinners and a couple of the happy hours. I really liked one at The Perch, and I like the ones at Postino every month.

But I don't think the salespeople were very honest. The salesperson absolutely, 100% said that it’s going to be a situation where 75% of the events are free. But that isn’t really true because you may not have to pay to participate in the event, like buy a ticket. But the dinners and all of that, they made it seem like it was definitely more free, but there is nothing that’s free. Even the ones at people’s houses, it’s like, BYOB and bring a potluck food item. So, even at those events where it’s at somebody’s house and there really isn’t any cost, there’s definitely a cost. So, every event has a cost and no event is free. But I had already reviewed Events and Adventures before I even had my interview, and I had read some online interviews that talked about this. So, I went in, eyes wide open, and was fully aware that what they were telling me was ** at the time, so it didn't piss me off.

Original review: June 1, 2019

I attempted to cancel my contract within two weeks of signing after not attending any events. Shortly after signing I got another large medical bill related to my youngest child’s brain tumor that I wasn’t expecting, on top of other financial obligations, I just couldn’t afford it. They apologized my daughter had a brain tumor but that’s all they can do. So now my options are to go to collections and mess up my credit, or go to events and support a company that is inhumane, lacks any compassion, and cares more about enforcing their airtight contracts drafted to screw people over, than about people in general. Horrible company, horrible back end office, horrible rules and regulations. I’m sure someone from E&A will respond about their cancellation clause, that gives you a whole 72 hours to cancel, and the sales rep conveniently skips over. Irrelevant, grow a heart and soul E&A.

Original review: June 1, 2019

It was the adventures that interested me in Events and Adventures and I've attended two events so far. My favorite would be the volleyball. I liked the sports aspect of it.

Events and Adventures expert review by Mark Brooks

Events & Adventures offers a unique take on the traditional concept of matchmaking. By adding in the element of adventure, this dating company works to take the nerves out of any first date.

• Group meetings: Events & Adventures makes a first date experience more like a social club. Everyone involved meets up for a fun activity and gets to know each other under easygoing circumstances.

• Vetting process: Meeting someone for the first time is filled with uncertainty. With Events & Adventures, participants know that the person they meet is who they say they are. A complete vetting prior to any adventure helps ensure a safe and fun time.

• Dating for introverts: In most dating situations, the extroverts get all the attention, but this unique dating service works just as well for the introverts out there. It allows a group of people to meet and interact naturally, removing the stress of the dating atmosphere.

• Activity variety: Put the dinner and a movie model out of your mind when you sign up with Events & Adventures. They offer 30-50 great event choices each month.

• International adventures: Where most dating services feel they've done their job after the first date, Events & Adventures works to keep the fun going all around the world. Participants can enjoy local activities and international travel, all with a group of like-minded adults.

• Best for: People seeking long-term relationships, people seeking fun activities and those looking to meet new friends.

Profile picture of Mark Brooks
Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

Events and Adventures Company Information