Accredited Partner

Events and Adventures

Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Minneapolis, Phoenix, San Francisco, Santa Clara, and Vancouver BC

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.78/5
Shop Now

Events and Adventures is an invitation-only network of singles and others looking to meet people with similar interests. It offers 30 to 50 local events each month, including horseback riding, skydiving, wine tasting and simple hangouts. Visit its website to learn more about how to get involved.

Events and Adventures Gallery (10)

BOTTOM LINE

Events and Adventures offers activity-based dating with opportunities for travel and group events. It’s pricey but might be ideal if you want a more exciting dating life.

PROS

• Large membership
  • Available in 12 major cities
  • 30 or more local events per month
  • Various activities

CONS

• Membership is pricey
  • Additional costs
  • Must offer proof of divorce process

Top Events and Adventures Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Events and Adventures?

Events and Adventures is a great club to be involved in when you're going through a transition and even later. It's a great program. I've met a lot of friends so that worked out really good. That's really what I'm looking for right now…

… I was looking for events in my area and an ad for Events and Adventures kept popping up. I thought there was something to it so that was when I looked it up… I love the people that go to it… I greatly enjoy Events and Adventures. I tell as many people about it as possible.

Events and Adventures Call Now Toll Free (800) 386-0866 Learn More Shop Now
Call Now Toll Free

What is Events and Adventures?

Events and Adventures is an activity-based dating service available in 12 North American cities. It brings together singles and others in a fun, low-stress setting. These groups, called dating clubs, gather in Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Minneapolis, Phoenix, San Francisco, Santa Clara, Seattle and Vancouver, British Columbia. The company also offers travel experiences, including ski excursions, cruises, sailing trips and European tours.

How does Events and Adventures work?

You can apply online to receive a call with details about travel opportunities, events and pricing. The company sets up a virtual meeting to get to know you before screening and approving your application. Once accepted, you’ll sign a contract and pay for a one- or two-year membership, then you can attend any upcoming events. Depending on your location, you should have multiple events (with 20 to 40 attendees each) to choose from each month.

You must be single and over 21 to apply for an Events and Adventures membership. You can join if you’re in the process of getting a divorce, but you have to provide proof you’ve filed.

Events and Adventures cost

It’s typical to pay between $100 to $200 per month for your Events and Adventures membership, although price varies by location. Your membership fee won’t cover all events; expect to pay from $40 to $200 for some activities. You can cancel your membership within 24 hours of sign-up for a full refund or within three days for a partial refund (minus a $400 processing charge). The company offers no other refunds or guarantees.

Events and Adventures FAQ

How many events does Events and Adventures host each month?
The company typically around 30 local events each month.
How do I sign up for Events and Adventures?
You can get started by visiting its website.
Is there an age limit for Event and Adventures?
You must be over 21 to join.
Where is Events and Adventures available?
Events and Adventures is available in Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Minneapolis, Phoenix, San Francisco, Santa Clara, Seattle and Vancouver, British Columbia.

Is Events and Adventures worth it?

Events and Adventures could be ideal if you’re bored with regular dating and searching for a partner with similar interests. The company hosts more than 30 events each month in each of its cities, so you're likely to find a few you'd like to attend. If you’re unmarried and over 21 — and if the membership and event costs aren’t over your budget — Events and Adventures might be a good option for you.

Events and Adventures Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Events and Adventures?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

I had recently moved here to the Phoenix area so I thought to try Events and Adventures out and see what it was all about. It’s a great club. However, the only in-person event I've gone to was the new member meeting. I haven't felt comfortable going to the other ones due to covid. I've gone to a few virtual events which are nice. I did the Love is Blind event but I didn't think that our questionnaires were matched. People weren't showing up. We were being put into rooms just with anyone and the communication was hard. But that taught me that maybe those events aren't for me. So moving forward, I won’t sign up for those events. My goal is to find a good friend group. I'm not looking for a relationship and I was very open with my advisor that if that was how it was going to be pushed, that I would be not attending events because that's not what I want at the time.

Because of how much you have to pay a month, it would be nice to kind of like see an event and see if it's something you're really interested in doing before you sign up to do it full blown. I'm paying for a membership and I'm not happy about it because I'm not attending events. There are a lot of events but those events are not as close. Everything takes 20, 30 minutes to drive to. The events that seemed interesting are on a Monday but I'm a full-time grad student so I have grad school on Monday nights.

I don't know the cancellation policy which I'm kicking myself for even signing up and not knowing that. At this point, it would be best to cancel or not pay per month on this because I have so much going on with work. I would like to know is there a way that I can cancel? With the money that I've spent so far, I don't want to be reimbursed but I don't want to be billed moving forward. I've tried to reach out to the guy who signed me on and I never received any information back from him. It was regarding a concern I had prior to my first event. When I went to my first event, I spoke with my event manager and I felt better about the situation. But it would have been nice to have an email response back.

Get buying tips about Matchmaking Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

Events and Adventures is working out good. It's just that I wasn't able to get on the cruise thing because I wasn't really familiar with Chicago. They had me go around three times from an entrance that was right there. Then when I got off, I was supposed to go to the left, and I went to the right. The rep kept texting me because she was trying to hold the boat. When I told her where I was at, she was telling me to come down and I said, "No. It's the other way." I missed it. So, that was like $90 gone. I wasn't really too happy about that.

I wanted to join Events and Adventures because it was something new. It's a different group setting people to do something. I'm single and I don't know a lot of activities to do as far as just the city because I just moved back here. I'm originally from here, but I just moved back. All I do is go to church and come home. I do stuff for my church, but sometimes I just wanna go outside of the box. It caught my eye that Events and Adventures had all of these activities, bowling, foosball, camping, the cruise and guacamole nights.

I went to the whirl thing. It was very open and pleasant, and everybody was speaking. Everybody's talking to one another. So, that was good. I tried to get on the whirlyball, but I just had knee surgery. My knee wasn't really comfortable in there, so I didn't keep going. I did it one time, but I didn't do it again. Then I went to play pool. It was nice. We all got together. They had appetizers, so that was great. Then we played pool, and we talked, and I took a shot. Also, I went to the bonfire. That was beautiful. I liked that. We all came together in like a potluck. So, we brought food. I did some ribs, and I helped them with first part of the grill, did some ribs and some kind of burgers. Then other people brought side dishes and stuff. It was really nice in the fire, and we bundled up, and we talked. I did the rooftop in Chicago, and it was nice as well.

With Events and Adventures, we pay our monthly fee plus the fees that we pay to go to these events too. I’m on this right now, but I don’t understand why we gotta pay such a fee like that. But they gotta arrange things and there's nothing free. I kinda look at it like that. I've met some friends, but not a significant yet. I'm still working on that. I've invited a couple of people with me because I want them to get out as well.

Events and Adventures response

LaLisea we truly appreciate you. Thank you for your kind and honest feedback of our company. I am so sorry to hear of your snafu with the boat! We hope you continue to build friendships within our group.

Original review: July 18, 2020

After the interview, it's nice to know that there are adults that are in good mental health and are financially stable. I signed up back in late February so I was able to do about six events before COVID started. It was enjoyable enough and it was a comedy club. I've made a few friends, but because I only went to six events, it's not like I've had a chance to get to know folks that well. But when I go to events and I see them, we chit-chat and hang out together.

The events were great. However, because I live in Anna, it's always gonna be a 45-minute drive for me for stuff that's in Dallas, so that's really the biggest drawback for me. I don't typically like to go during the week, 'cause I just can't get out of work in time. I'm limited to Friday, Saturday, and, sometimes, Sunday. If there's absolutely an event that I wanna go to, then I will go during the week, but normally, I don't. Also, I thought the cost was a little pricey on top of paying for events 'cause I thought the majority of the events were gonna be covered. I know not everything is gonna be covered like baseball games or hockey games. Having more out of pocket was not what I expected, but I understand.

I've only been to two virtual events. One was Flirting 101, which was fun 'cause there were people from all across the country and you got a chance to do some chatting online. But it's not like I could really talk to them. It was more typing notes back and forth and that was a two-and-a-half-hour event. The other one was the Tai Chi. That one wasn't as great because it was hard to get a full-body picture of yourself and the instructor to see all the moves that she was doing, plus, some of the angles that she was at. It was fun enough, but that one could've been a little better. The price for virtual is the same. They haven't switched anything.

I think Events and Adventures extending the expiration date of membership. It's three months or six months so I guess it's a good offset. But even some of the virtual ones, you're still paying money. This is just such a unique situation to be in. I'm sure those things will evolve the longer we stay in this situation where we can't go anywhere. They have events where you can meet other folks, and, of course, you have to social distance, like the paddle-boarding or some kayaking too. Those are great. I just haven't been to them.

Events and Adventures response

Thank you for the feedback Iliana! I hope you have been able to attend more events and enjoy our service, as well as any virtual events.

Original review: June 13, 2020

Events and Adventures was advertising highly on the radio stations that I was listening to and that was when I learned of them. I looked up a few things online that were available and was interested in talking with someone. When I went out, I knew that I was going to be signing up for it by then.Before going to my first event, I was cautiously excited, but, by the time I left the event, I felt like it was a very good opportunity to meet a very diverse group of people. I have been in for two years and I have been to some events that are a little bit bigger, like camping for the weekend. I have also tried to do that every year. I tried to go to at least four a month and did karaoke some of the times. There are lots of different things. I enjoyed Memorial Day weekend where two of our cities would get together and do a camping event. But this last Memorial Day weekend was canceled because of COVID. In total, I have been to at least 25 events.

They have also done a lot of Zoom meetings for different events like Love is Blind, where they turned on your camera and you would talk to certain people, and then at the end, they got to see what they looked. I liked the games that they did a little bit more. They had one where they did East Coast versus West Coast for Family Feud, where everybody got on and got to answer. The host had a board game for us to play, and then they have done a couple of high low or different games online, which has been fun. They ended up replacing their Memorial Day weekend as well, where they are getting back together at the same place near the end of July. But it is saying that masks are required, so I do not know if I'm completely up for that or not.

Overall, every event that I have gone to has been a good time. But, whenever I talk to anybody about Events and Adventures, it is quite an expense to put on going out and getting to know everybody type thing. When I started, I had calculated the expenses and I was prepared for it, but a lot of people that I have been in with have been very dissatisfied with prices.

Original review: June 9, 2020

Events and Adventures was something for me to get out and meet new people. For my first event, I was pretty nervous the whole night. But I had fun and there were people that I kinda got to know. It was the more I went that I really became less nervous. There are a lot of variables in the events that you don’t know. It got to the point where I would tell somebody I wanted go to this event and somebody would ask who was gonna be there. I was like, “I don’t know. I’m just going.” Some events were fun in general but a lot of times what made something, like something as simple as the volleyball, really fun would not solely depend upon playing volleyball. It would just depend upon who is there hanging out with you. I made some friends so we would try and go to the same event and then it would just be fun doing those events with them.

Events & Adventures did the volleyball every Tuesday but I didn't actually go to play volleyball. I went for the hanging out. I would bring other games, play and hang out with some of my friends that I had met through there. I also did the paddleboarding, the axe-throwing, the rock-climbing and the spy adventure. I went through the Memorial Day camping and different things like the coffee-making, the paint night and the glass-making. I also went to the county fair and the archery class and then I did the end-of-the-summer bash.

But I really haven't gone back because it’s still kind of the pandemic type thing. I haven't done the online events because, with my job, I was spending all day on my computer – I'm a teacher. The virtual wasn’t something I wanted to do. But before that, especially like last summer when I wasn’t working, I went to a lot of different things. I tried to keep myself fairly busy. Then when I was working, I usually tried to do something every weekend and if there was something that was really interesting to me during the weekdays, I would do that.

It’s fun getting to know different people. The one thing about Events and Adventures is that I really tried to push myself out of my comfort zone and try new things. Then there were other people there that were trying new things too. So it’s nice seeing newbies because you can’t always go to something, like archery or axe-throwing, and be a professional at it. At Events and Adventures, there are other people that are new too so they're learning with you. I would recommend it but it’s all dependent upon how much money they have too.

Events and Adventures response

Thank you so much for your review Stacey!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

My life is another thing since I joined Events and Adventures. I prioritize the events, to be there as many times as I can, and I love it. I love playing volleyball, going out for dinner, and roller skating. I met a lot of amazing people and I got new friends. I enjoy being with them, anytime, anywhere. Sometimes I don't even eat or drink, but I still go to the events or bars just to be with them. I recommend Events and Adventures a lot. Some people are just afraid that they don't speak English very well. They asked me if the Latin community is big enough in Events and Adventures. Even if we are Latin, we speak English to respect others.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

I was looking to meet people. In the Bay Area, that's kind of hard for kind of people in this age range. I was excited before I got to my first event through Events and Adventures. Then when I went, I was a little disappointed. I went to two events and found it a waste of money. I went to the first event after being kind of oversold on this being a dating thing, and to realize there were no age ranges enforced, so me, somebody in my late 20s, was in a group of people of grandparents. Then there was a lot of selling on the facilitating that Events and Adventures was going to be doing for conversations. None of that happened. There was a lot of stress on the privacy aspect. “We won't give your information to somebody, yadda, yadda, yadda.” Then it's all done through a Facebook group so the only way that I can find out about some of the events is to give all my information.

Going with Events and Adventures is such a ridiculous waste of money. None of the promises that were made were followed. Every event costs additional money, so it's exorbitant. They have pretty aggressive sales techniques. Despite a lot of promises of all the vetting that was done where they said, “Oh, we want people that didn't just end a relationship,” I met a woman who got divorced that week.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2021

For my first event with Events and Adventures, I went to a paint-and-sip which was something I had done before. So, I was nervous about meeting new people but not about the activities. However, with the whole COVID thing, I've only gone to three events. Going has been hard ‘cause some of the events are in-person, but those are always booked up, and they seem to have a lot of people. I went to a virtual speed-dating event and met someone but it didn't work out.

But it was nice meeting someone who had the same interest, and it was organic and didn't feel like it was forced like it is in online dating where people are just trying to keep the conversation alive. Everybody was really nice. There was a lot of joking around going on when we were all sitting in the same lobby waiting for the organizer to go ahead and split us up. It felt like it was no pressure, unlike speed dating in-person where I have five minutes to talk to a person. I had 15 minutes to talk to each person instead of 5 so, the format that they did it in worked really well. But, things are not the same virtually and so I've put my subscription on hold. I signed up to do events in-person. I wouldn’t recommend Events and Adventures right now but that's because of COVID.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

I've been to two or three events and the first couple of times have been a little nerve-wracking. One day, we went to a museum and had breakfast. Not too long after I joined, covid hit. They've been doing some online stuff but that didn't appeal to me. I still have three or four months left and I sent them a thing to cancel because I'm moving. I returned the receipt requested like the contract says but I haven't heard from them.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

A few of the events that I wanted to attend last fall were canceled 'cause of wildfires and COVID and all the other crap that's been going on. On the other hand, the event I just went on was great. It was the Tahoe trip for the San Francisco group. We snow skied and snowboarded one day. We did a snowmobiling trip another day. Other than that, we just all hung out together. Good group of people. It was the first event I went to and I really enjoyed it. I can't get away from work that often, but a lot of the foreign trips sound fun. I am signed up for the beers and castles tour that's supposed to go to Europe. I don't know if that's gonna be postponed, but that's my next event that I've been looking forward to. I signed up for it right away.

Events and Adventures Company Information