4.19/5
Based on 300 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Events and Adventures

Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Minneapolis, Phoenix, San Francisco, Santa Clara, and Vancouver BC

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Events and Adventures is more than just a social club -- it’s a way to experience new adventures while making new friends. We are located in Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Minneapolis, Phoenix, San Francisco, Santa Clara, Seattle and Vancouver, BC.

Events & Adventures is a safe, invitation-only network of people with a common thread: to get out and meet new people. With 30-50 local events each month, you’ll easily be able to find events you’re interested in meet people with common interests. Whether it's horseback riding, skydiving, wine tasting or just a casual hangout! Visit us online to learn more about how you can get the ball rolling.

Events and Adventures Gallery (10)
A-BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: May 24, 2018

1045 Events and Adventures Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 24, 2018

Events & Adventures is a good way to meet new people in your area, have adventures and break out of your comfort zone. I was really interested that there was a bunch of like minded people who wanted to hang out, have fun and not push a dating scene. I felt very comfortable on my first event. It was easy to find the host. And everybody was very nice and welcoming and everybody felt like they were in the same boat.

I've been to five events, and they've all been different, which is what I like because there were different opportunities and things to explore. I've gone to a few of their around-the-world dinner things where they pick a restaurant, you meet up and have dinner. I did the Cinco de Mayo Party Book Cruise and a book club, the Kangaroo Petting area one. I've made acquaintances and not necessarily friends at this point because the periods of time that you're introduced to these people are short, so it takes a few events to get to know somebody more thoroughly and not everybody is at the same events. And it's a variety of people. There are some my age, some younger and some who are significantly older. Overall, I've had a really good experience. I like the people that are running the events and they've been very easy to work with.

Get expert buying tips about Matchmaking Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 23, 2018

Events & Adventures gives us opportunity to get out and do something without having to organized anything with friends. During the first event I was ready to go and get out meet people and make some friends. I've been with Events & Adventures for roughly a month and had been to 10 events. I enjoyed volleyball every Monday and I’m going to the event today at the museum. It’s a happy hour at the Museum of Fine Arts in Houston. There is also a dance class with just a quick few hour lessons. Sometimes we go to a bar and hang out. We also went roller skating. I’ve made kind of a group of friends. I’ve been talking about Events & Adventures with my friends and I’ve recommended it to a couple. It is exciting and interesting.

Original review: May 22, 2018

A friend told me of Events and Adventures and I liked the fact that it was single people doing fun things. I was nervous and very skeptical going into my first event with them but as soon as I arrived and I saw there were 40 people there for a dinner on a Thursday night, I realized, “Oh, people do this.” I’ve been in the program for about three months and have done about 25 events. I’m really enjoying whirlyball. So far, it’s been where you can meet the most people and mingle. I’ve done so many of those now. I’ve also done a couple of dinners. I did a tango class, wine tasting, bowling, basketball and paintball. The Cinco de Mayo Trolley Crawl was one of my favorites, too. And aside from the event that I'm headed to now, I’m also going on a camping trip at the end of the month. I’ve told multiple people to go ahead and check out Events and Adventures and see if they’re interested in it as well.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I've been to more than a few dozen of events and the recurring events are nice like volleyball and bowling. There are also active stuff like paintball and rock climbing. I also try to get some variety and go to non-physical activities like barhops and meet-ups. I've made some friends and it's just nice to actually have a group ready to go. It took all of the planning and organization out of me. When I joined, I didn't make a point of asking just how big the group is and I was told over 2,000. But it seems a lot of people joined and just didn't go. I've met less than a hundred different individuals in all of my time here.

Original review: May 20, 2018

Events and Adventures has paid trips, and with them, I don't have to plan out the hotel and airfare if I need to go somewhere. It's all kind of done for and they have deals to find out, so it's pretty nice to see that. However, it seemed that when I originally signed up for this club they kind of manipulated me. They said that 70% of their members are between the ages of 25 and 30. I’ve been to a good amount of events and that was not a good statistic to say. Events and Adventures is also advertising posters of people that they say are available even though they’re not in real life. They have photos of their members and they chose the good looking ones, but these people have been members for a long time and they already have their significant others.

It's a fun place to meet people, though. It’s also a really fun place if you’re not from the area or if you have a night or weekend job and you can’t hang out with your friends. You just gotta go to certain events. Because I’ve never done this before, I was nervous on my first event with them. But after a couple of events as I've seen more and more people, it started to get really fun. During my trips, I’ve met a group of friends and we hang out at least once a month outside of Events and Adventures.

My favorite activity was the winter Tahoe trip. We did snowboarding at Squaw Alpine Resort and that was pretty fun. The club had better events during summertime though, and on Fridays through the weekends, they had really fun ones--there was a glass blowing project, one was going up to Tahoe for camping and then the other was going to San Francisco. Since I am a firefighter and the weekends were my workdays where I'd work 72 hours straight, I couldn't do those stuff. But once my schedule changed during the winter time, I was able to go to a couple of events every month. And most of the time, the events that I looked at were closer for driving. Because I live near in San Jose, I didn’t feel like driving up to San Francisco for an event since that would be an hour up my way and an hour back, and then deal with parking. So, I’m trying to find most of the events in San Jose, like the Tahoe trip or anything like that locally.

Also, the pricing was just a little bit much. When they interviewed me, the special offer was only $1,900 a month and if I didn’t sign up, it would go up to $2,100 which I think I should have held out and see if I could get a better deal. I've also noticed that some of the pricing for Events and Adventures' trips have been expensive. I looked up the all-inclusive for the Mexico trip and it was $300 a night for a one bedroom person. I could actually look for that same trip except that it would be cheaper. So, Events and Adventures should include more stuff for their members who have paid a lot of money for membership but then sometimes would get charged for any event that’s pretty expensive. They could also give us a better discount more than what they say. People should not also commit to 18 months with this club. They should commit to six months and then see if they could negotiate on the pricing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Events and Adventures?

Original review: May 19, 2018

All the different activities and all sorts of different things to do something every day of the month were what interested me about Events & Adventures. Before arriving at the first event, I was very nervous and excited at the same time, but it seemed very comfortable after a while you get there. I've been to five events, including a hike and a dinner, and so far and my favorite was the glassblowing. I did the glassblowing one and glassblowing two. I also just signed for a meal with people 35 and older golfing at a golf course that has a sculpture garden. I do all the activities with the adults over 35, and I have made some new friends already.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I felt a little nervous before arriving at my first event with Events & Adventures. Still, after I was there for a little bit, I had some fun and it was relaxed. I've been to three or four events since and the university party that we did was my favorite. Other than that, I also participated in Board Game Republic and shooting pool. I also went to a barbecue place and did some bowling. I've met a couple of people through the events and my overall experience with Events & Adventures has been good. I liked getting out of my house and wandering about the city besides working all the time.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I got interested in Events & Adventures as it was in the area where I could meet other single people and find some new friends. Initially, I was nervous before arriving at my first event but then that changed during that time. Since then, I've been to several events with whale watching being my favorite. I've also done game nights, movie night as well as couple happy hours. I'm also going to a volleyball event. Overall, I've made some friends through Events & Adventures. I had friends asking me about the club the other day and I told them about the different events that have happened. I'll be taking them to a happy hour where people can bring their dogs.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I signed up for one event and it was pretty fun. I stayed at the hotel that night, and I've always planned on like doing some more stuff. And when I looked into it some more, I figured I have to actually join Events and Adventures. Their clubs are only located in about seven location in the country. They have a club in San Francisco, Seattle, and Dallas. I moved to Dallas from Washington. Now, I'm a member here in Dallas and they do about 30 events a month. I try to go to events once or twice a week. The events that I've gone to so far have been pretty small groups and were like get-togethers, and they were okay.

Original review: May 15, 2018

Events & Adventures was a good idea to me. I was interested that it is like a group of people getting together. I don’t necessarily have to know them, but they are all in the same boat and I don’t have to go find something to do. It’s already there for me. I was a little nervous before arriving to my first event, which changed after I arrived and met some people. I've joined a handful of events, which were kinda different in their own way. I’ve been on a hike, the rollerblading, a couple of the restaurant meets, and then poker night. And I've made new friends. I'll be going to an upcoming event and I'm excited for it.

The only thing is when it was sold to me, it sounded like half the events during the month would be free because it was already really expensive to join. But then there’s really nothing free about it and that’s really a big disappointment. And a few other members that I talked to feel the exact same way. So, if I go to an event, there’s gonna be a minimum of $20 no matter what. Most of the events are in downtown Houston and was awfully hard to park and that’s another $10 or $15 you’ve gotta drop if you wanna go. I also would recommend an app. With the amount of money we’re paying to be a member, they could take one person's membership fee to build an app. Technology is so easily done these days. I’ve not told a lot of the hosts that and a lot of the members would appreciate it as well.

Original review: May 14, 2018

Events and Adventures is non-threatening, just sort of do fun activities in a group of singles. It's very easy instead of online dating and just a way to get outdoors and do things I've never done before. I'm pretty new to the club but so far, it has been good. I'm a pretty social individual so I was looking forward arriving to my first event. Then, it got easier and more comfortable. I clicked with this one girl and we've been doing stuff even outside of the club. I've been to five events and trips. One of my favorites was when we learned how to make sushi. It was very interactive and we were face-to-face with the other people making sushi. Also, I traveled two hours from my home to visit a prison that's closed down and known for having ghost sightings. That was fun. However, the price is not for everybody. I'm okay with it and I'm willing to pay but other people are deterred because of the cost.

Original review: May 13, 2018

I was very nervous and wasn't sure what to expect before going to my first event. I was still nervous when I got there but since then, I've been to two dinners and one of the escape room events. I like that Events and Adventures have the activities on the calendar, but I just haven't had a lot of time since I've been pretty busy and work has been hectic. I've met a couple of ladies that were nice, and it has been a fun experience.

Original review: May 12, 2018

I was nervous before my first event with Events & Adventures. However, once I got into the event, it was fun and the nerves went away. The people there were friendly. I've been a member for about four months now and I've averaged about an event a week. I've been to book clubs, salsa dancing, Valentine's day party, chocolate tasting and the Seattle Underground Tour. I've also been to trampoline and dodgeball events as well as Keys on Main, Cooking with Anita and Pacific Rim: Uprising. All the events were really fun and I enjoyed hanging out with people. When I think about the stuff I enjoyed, sometimes it's not even the event. What's nice is that afterward, people all go to a bar nearby and hang out. Events & Adventures has been worth it so far. If people are interested in getting out more, I highly recommend it.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I've been to several events with Events and Adventures. I've been to a karaoke event and an icebreaker followed up by a dance lesson. Recently there was also a candy factory tour. These were minor events but still, I made new friends. However, there are a couple of things that I don't think are ideal. For instance, I didn't think the way they signed people up was good business. I don't like being told one thing then I would get to an event and talk to another member to find that they got what I was asking for. They have an interview process and they tell you whether you're acceptable to them. They found me acceptable and when I asked if I have a few days to think about my decision, they tell me that the acceptance was only good right then. That's a hard sell.

What I really wanted was a was a trial period to see if I liked Events and Adventures. At that time, I didn't know any of their people or what their events would be like. They were asking me to sign up for a year contract without me knowing anything about the club. But, they said that a trial membership wasn't available. At the time, I signed up but then at the very first event I went to, somebody else got a trial membership. It's a double standard and they weren't honest with me.

Furthermore, I'm in a unique situation because I don't live right in Denver. I live two hours away and so sometimes, it's hard for me to get to a certain event because they are long ways away. Also, sometimes, they don't hold the better events on weekends that I'm more available. On some weekends, they might have a trail around or a hike. While that's fine, they have no evening events. The events that interest me most are the exciting events like Escape Room. There were three such events but each one of them was limited to seven people.

Another time they told me there are a thousand people in the club and they're doing an event. However, by the time I see the event on the website, it's booked up and full with seven people as well. That's ridiculous. If they’re going have a thousand people in the club, that event should have been held seven days in a row with 20 people. The company should make it available to everybody. It's been impossible thus far and I'm trying to figure out how to get to the events. I wish Events and Adventures would schedule events better and have more on weekends.

Original review: May 10, 2018

With Events and Adventures I have events set to go and meet people. The events have all been local, like one day I had a wine tasting little tour. The first event was fun. But after a few more months my feelings had changed for it. I feel like it's more of a money-grab than it is of entertaining people because we pay so much for the year for our membership fees and everything. I understand they are working hard and trying to do everything they can to schedule at least 30 events plus. But I feel like with that much of a membership, some of the things that we're getting charged for we can go off and schedule for ourselves for only $25, but the organization will charge you $30 to go off and join. I haven't been to that many events recently for that reason.

I've met people to where we've scheduled things outside of E and A and everything. I'm currently dating an E and A member. So that portion of it is working out right. But they need to make the internet website a lot of more user-friendly or even consider trying to find somebody who can make an app for the phones that we use because trying to go to the internet website with a phone can just be a little bit aggravating at times. Some days I'm happy about Events & Adventures but some days I'm not.

Original review: May 8, 2018

Events & Adventures sounded interesting. On my first event with them, I was a little unsure to know what the people would be in the group. But, I had a good experience after I met some people. I've attended around 30 events and trips, and I really enjoyed the escape rooms, the piano bar, and the ropes course. I also joined the Cinco De Mayo party boat, bowling, croquet, volleyball, and dinners. I also have an upcoming event with them and I'm excited for it. Events & Adventures has been great and I’ve really enjoyed it.

Original review: May 7, 2018

I like the idea of being able to meet some more people and do wide variety of different activities with Events and Adventures. I didn't know what to expect when I went to my first event, but I got into the swing of things and I've been fairly active since. I try to go to at least one event a week, and a lot of the game events are more fun. I've met some new friends but unfortunately I can't make it to a lot of the events that are outside of the city just due to my work schedule.

Original review: May 6, 2018

My experience with Events & Adventures has been going good. I go to an average of two events a week, with the exception of last month. My favorite was Saint Patrick’s Day, and I have also done Valentines, a few of the free movies, mingles, and a game night. I have made new friends already.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I went to an interview at the Chicago office. It sounded quite interesting. However, after explaining how the membership works and what it provides, the saleswoman switched to high-pressure sales tactics. She kept agreeing with me on a lot of stuff earlier on, claiming to also be introvert who found Events & Adventures very helpful before she was employed by them, yet how she described her social life told me the opposite. (Perhaps she was mistaking claustrophobia for introversion.) Because of the lack of useful details or even pricing on their website, I wanted a brochure that I could read before I made my decision. I also wanted a copy of the contract to read and think about before I signed it, and maybe have my lawyer take a look and give me her opinion, but the saleswoman told me multiple times that they are a "private club" and don't just give out that information to anybody.

The pricing also didn't make sense, and I explained this to her. They wanted $2695 if I signed up during the interview or $3195 if later, yet many of the events require what appears to be almost the full price to attend. She told me that I'm paying them to organize the events. She became offended when I explained that I prefer to do research, to read reviews, especially before signing a contract that involves spending that much money. She immediately sat back upset, pointed at my phone, and said, "Go ahead! Read reviews!" She tried to make me feel bad for not immediately signing up after she had gone through the trouble of doing the interview, saying that she had thought she found a perfect candidate in me.

She even appeared to tear up a little, which didn't look real, and she stopped that when I didn't budge. I was sincerely interested, but I'm not stupid. I really wanted to research and then decide, but this saleswoman's tactics have completely destroyed any chance of me trusting Events & Adventures. I want absolutely nothing to do with companies that use high-pressure sales tactics!

Original review: April 25, 2018

My next-door neighbor said if he was single again, he would still do Events and Adventures. So I tried it out and I’ve been with them for four months. I was nervous and apprehensive before arriving at my first event, but going through that with a group of people that was going through the same thing eased that tension. I went to the San Francisco Symphony, I've done a bowling event, two dinners, one event at a Brazilian steakhouse and the other one at a French restaurant, nd I also did a dance night.

The events have all been very interesting experiences and a lot of them are during the week. And then, we had shared events between San Jose and San Francisco and a lot of those events that interest me are in San Francisco which is a problem to deal with ‘cause I have to commute up there and find parking. But other than that, it's been a pretty amazing experience. I'm planning on going to a formal ball at the end of this month. It's a good way to meet single folks and though I haven't met anyone, I'm still going out and having a good time.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I travel a lot for work and I've only attended four events so far but I’m enjoying Events & Adventures. I was interested in the social opportunities and I would recommend the club for others who are looking for the same.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I wanted to meet new people and do stuff I wouldn’t normally do. And that first weekend, Events and Adventures had a new member meeting then we went to the bowling after that. I was a little nervous for my first event but that changed after I arrived. By now, I've done an event at least once a week since I joined. I just sign up for events that interest me. I did a whisky tasting at some point and ice skating. We also went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium and the Academy of Sciences, which is my favorite so far. But I'm kind of bummed because there doesn't seem to be a lot of events like that.

There was an Exploratorium trip that I ended up not going to ‘cause I had somewhere else I needed to be. The next month was the Academy of Sciences which I made sure that I signed up for. Then after that there was nothing like that. Last month there was something like that but it was far from where I was at so I ended up not going to it either. Next month there’s a visit to a Walt Disney Museum which I've signed up for. Nonetheless, I’ve had a lot of fun and I've definitely made some new friends.

Original review: April 22, 2018

Events and Adventures is about going out and doing group activities, and I thought it looked good. I had been to a few events last year and also a couple this year, and I've made a few friends. I went to the bowling event and most events that involved going to a bar and drinking. But the karaoke night was one of my favorites. I’ve been trying to do some more outdoor stuff but the weather has not quite been cooperative. But the weather’s trying to improve a bit now and I’ll probably do some more outdoor stuff. There’s a biking event that I would probably be involved with soon.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I was interested in Events and Adventures as a way to network with and meet other people, and also do activities that I wouldn’t normally do. I was excited before arriving at my first event and my feelings stayed positive after I arrived. I’ve been a member for a little over a year now and I've attended a variety of activities. Some of these were just dinners and happy-hour types of local activities. I've also done a painting evening where there was painting and wine glass blowing. I would sometimes go into a play or a show. But sky diving was definitely the best event that I’ve attended so far. I’ve mostly done local events and I haven't done an overnight trip yet, but I’ve signed up to do an international trip soon. Their international trip sounds pretty amazing and people have a good experience there.

I definitely have friends there and, every once in a while, some of us would socialize outside of Events and Adventures. I have not yet found a significant other there, but that’s not necessarily my goal in this club. On the whole, it has been a positive experience. Certainly, for the right person and for people looking to network with other single people, I definitely recommend Events and Adventures. They’re very reasonable and they’re easy to work with in the events and trips that they run, and it’s up to you what activities you'd want to go to.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I’ve attended 20 events of Events & Adventures. The events, adventures, and singles activities were what interested me about this club. I was excited before arriving at my first event and after I arrived, my expectations were met. The first thing that popped in my head was an event that was not gonna be too far off, so I liked the archery tag that we did. But it would be cool of there was something on their website where I could save an event that I was interested in as a favorite without signing up for it, and it would be in my favorites and I could come back to it really quickly. Nevertheless, I’ve already recommended Events & Adventures to no less than 12 friends.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I was looking for a way to socialize so I was researching some different clubs or different things like that. I became a member of Events & Adventures and the first event was actually quite fun. I enjoyed it and then the people were hanging out afterwards and it was a pretty good crowd of people that just went out for a drink afterwards. It was fun. Everybody was really open and social.

I've been doing mostly the more active activities like the rock climbing, ice games and different ones like that. I tried a few other ones like the board games, dining out and I just did like speed dating recently. I'm trying to just try different things that I wouldn’t normally try. Events & Adventures is a good way to socialize and maybe do things you normally wouldn’t be able to do just on your own. It's a good opportunity for you to learn about your own interest as well. I actually have already told a few of my friends about it. Socializing is fun to do with new people.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I was interested in having fun stuff to do. I was a little apprehensive before I arrived for my first event with Events and Adventures as you are whenever you go to an event where there are people you don’t know. But then, everybody was super friendly when I arrived. I've gone to six events and one weekend trip so far. I like the trip best and it was fun. And although the hotel room was horrible, I wasn't paying a lot so it was okay. Last time, I went to a sake tasting and sushi making event and that was fun as well. I'm getting to know people right now and everybody has been super friendly which is nice.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I found Events & Adventures online and it looked fun. I was skeptical at first, but then once I started going to events, I really kind of liked it. I've been on 20 events so far, and my favorite is the escape room. Most of them have all been in Denver. There's also one tonight, the anniversary party tonight. I've done the bowling, the Rock and Roll Bingo. So, that was fun. I haven't met anybody to date, but I've been making friends though. It's worth it if you want to meet people.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I like being able to choose from a variety of activities and meeting new people with Events & Adventures. I was excited before arriving at my first event. I was looking forward to meeting new people and having a fun time. I've attended about four events, and my fav was St. Patrick's party. There was also a wine bingo, a volunteer event, and a newcomers meeting, and brunch. I have got a couple next week that I'm wanting to go to. I have met a couple of friends. There's plenty of women but there's really not been many single men that I've met so far. I’m hoping that one of the events I go to this next week will be for more people my age - I'm 60. If you are wanting to get out and meet new friends and go to some places you haven't been or try something new you haven't done before, then Events & Adventures would be a good place to start.

Original review: April 15, 2018

My friends told me about Events and Adventures and I heard ads over the radio, too. I was a little nervous before arriving at the first adventure as I have never been to anything like this before. I've been to two events, and my favorite is when we went to the dance club. It was just one of those things where I didn’t know what to expect. But, ti was a little more comfortable arriving at the second one after the first. However, knowing how big of a city Houston is, trying to get events in certain locations is a little more difficult than smaller cities, so I would like to have more events out in my area but it is what it is. Events and Adventures is a fun opportunity to get out and enjoy yourselves, and do different things, and meet new people.

Events and Adventures expert review by Mark Brooks

Events & Adventures offers a unique take on the traditional concept of matchmaking. By adding in the element of adventure, this dating company works to take the nerves out of any first date.

• Group meetings: Events & Adventures makes a first date experience more like a social club. Everyone involved meets up for a fun activity and gets to know each other under easygoing circumstances.

• Vetting process: Meeting someone for the first time is filled with uncertainty. With Events & Adventures, participants know that the person they meet is who they say they are. A complete vetting prior to any adventure helps ensure a safe and fun time.

• Dating for introverts: In most dating situations, the extroverts get all the attention, but this unique dating service works just as well for the introverts out there. It allows a group of people to meet and interact naturally, removing the stress of the dating atmosphere.

• Activity variety: Put the dinner and a movie model out of your mind when you sign up with Events & Adventures. They offer 30-50 great event choices each month.

• International adventures: Where most dating services feel they've done their job after the first date, Events & Adventures works to keep the fun going all around the world. Participants can enjoy local activities and international travel, all with a group of like-minded adults.

• Best for: People seeking long-term relationships, people seeking fun activities and those looking to meet new friends.

Profile picture of Mark Brooks
Mark Brooks

Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

Events and Adventures Company Information