toll free
Call now for more information

Events and Adventures

Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Minneapolis, Phoenix, San Francisco, Santa Clara, and Vancouver BC
toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I was nervous when I attended my first event with Events & Adventures since I'm not usually one who goes into things by themselves but I really enjoyed it. I've attended about 6 events and I've really enjoyed doing it. I like the events and being able to do different things that I normally wouldn't do. I really like that it's helped me get outside my comfort zone. My first event, the indoor surf city class, was really fun. I also did a self-defense class and some of us went to lunch afterwards, which was probably the most enjoyable I've done because it was a beautiful day and it was so much fun talking to people I didn't know. I have made friends.

Attending Events & Adventures activities is worth it. I was new in my area so I wanted to meet new people and find things to do. Before attending my first event I didn't know exactly what I was gonna enter into, but it went really good. I've been to a lot of trips for a year and a half since joining. I do five to eight events a month, like hiking and going to restaurants and dance clubs. We recently did hang gliding and so far it's my favorite. I've had a good experience and I found new friends. I'm going to do the Friday the 13th event that's coming up in my area.

Events and Adventures keeps me out of the house and helps me make new friends. All my friends are married and with kids so I needed a new group of friends. My first event was fun. I met up with one of the other new members who has never been to an event and we all were together. I've been with Events and Adventures since late May and I've been to 30 events now. Mostly, all I’ve had was painting. We did a Paint like Bob Ross night and we got to learn how to do a professional painting. On Friday, we're going to play volleyball and there are 80 people who have signed up so far. With Events and Adventures, there's a good crowd of people and my experience has been extremely fun and enjoyable. I also loved all the organizers and the main people. I'm good friends with the core group and the Denver group is growing fast.

I was looking for new people to hang out with, heard about Events & Adventures on the radio and decided to join. I went on my first event and everybody was real welcoming. We also had volleyball once on a party barge and I enjoyed it a lot. But I noticed there were people in a different age group than I was expecting. I was seeing more of people in their 40’s, 50’s and 60’s, and I’m only 30 years old. I’ve gone to at least 10 events and I haven’t been able to meet anybody in my age group. It’s been bothering me. I also talked to this one girl on the party barge and she ended up being 40 and telling me she had genital warts. So I got no new friends and now, I have to avoid getting STD’s in this place. It’s weird and terrible. I’m also having concerns about how things cost money on top of the fees that I’m already paying for. I’m constantly shelling money out if there’s an adventure thing and I feel like I’m having a hard time being able to afford it any longer.

Events and Adventures is an organization where you get up and do stuff instead of just meeting up and complaining. We’re all in the same boat. Everyone is single and there are no third wheels. I have been to several of their events and the best one I've gone to so far is an outdoor lodge where you do climbing, fishing, zipline and archery. We all went through a hiking trail. It was a lot of fun. The host was a chef so the food was excellent. I've also been to a nightclub dancing event and other stuff like that. I haven't met someone to date but I have made friends.

I was most interested in the events of Events & Adventures. I was nervous before arriving at my first event because I will be meeting a lot of people that I don't know. But it changed since the people were very friendly and nice. So far, I've attended about six events, and their international eating events and music concerts were my favorite. In fact, there's an international eating event tonight which I signed up for so I will come to that one. And, I’ve already recommended the club to my friends.

I talked to one of my co-workers who said she had a friend who did Events & Adventures and she said that she met a lot of friends and other single people through the club. So even if it's not necessarily simply for dating, I signed up to meet other single people to hang out with. I was a little anxious at first to see who was going to be there. I didn't know anyone else who was in the club and I didn't know what kind of people were going to be there or if they were going to be people that I would want to hang out with or what age range it would be. But after I arrived, I felt more comfortable.

I've attended five or six of their events. I did hiking, went to a museum and wine tasting. I like one of the hikes that we went on. The park that we were supposed to go to was closed and everybody was really flexible about it. We met up at another nearby park and went on a different hike. They're a really cool group of people and I felt pretty good about them. On the other hand, a lot of events I would sign up for tend to get cancelled. I was looking forward to those events and I'd find out the day that it's cancelled which sucks.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Events and Adventures?

I was previously in Boy Scouts but I aged out. I enjoyed being able to go out and do stuff out in the woods a lot. Then when I joined the military and moved away from home, I had to find a group of people that I could do stuff with like that. I joined Events and Adventures and I was a little nervous during the first event but it was probably not the most orthodox event anyone could think of. I went to a paddle boarding event on Memorial Day weekend just because I've done that kind of stuff before. I've done the hike way back in June and last weekend. I've also done a late night ultimate frisbee game, the glass bowling a couple of weeks ago and the archery event a few days ago. I also went to a pottery class as well as the Adventure Course and those two are my favorites. On those adventures I went to, I've made friends that I keep contact with.

Events and Adventures' activities interested me more than anything else, as well as meeting guys that I would be friends with and I could do things with. I started in March and my first event was on July 1st. I was busy but I was nervous too, but once I got on board and I met a couple of friends, then it was on. So, it was great. The biggest thing with the group is that everybody is nice and everybody has felt out place somewhere and we all have our social anxieties and things of that nature but within the group, everybody is accommodating and they want you to have a good time. You just have to show up. On my first year, I only went to three events because I work six days a week and some of the events are an hour away. It wasn't a lot and it was a couple of major events.

This year, which is my second, I'll probably go to four events a month. In fact, I went to one on Sunday and then a couple of guys that are my friends and I went out on Friday night. In the last month, I've gone to six events, no trips. Yesterday, I went to Angel Island. We took a ferry, rode electric bicycles and we went to Angel Island Tour in San Francisco. I'm going to country line dancing in a week or so and there's a Prince tribute event that I'm going to go to, as well as something called Slowtopia which is the inner tubes down the river. I've also gone to a Halloween party, New Year's Eve, and then various events, like eating events. I also did a rocket boat thing, and on Fourth of July, they had a cruise in the bay where we can watch a couple of different fireworks.

It's a lot of fun different events that I would never get to do on my own or even know about. There's one on the calendar that's there all the time that people love and that's volleyball, and I go there for the socialization because there are different people sitting on the side that I can talk to. Camping and white water rafting were awesome as well. It depends on what people are going for, but when I signed up for something, I let all my friend and my buddies know. That way, we get a lot more people and they’ll be introduced to new people that are coming, and it's more fun.

They have a Facebook web page so you can see the things that people are doing and if it looks fun, then you can go ahead and do it. I suggest looking up the calendar when it comes out and then highlight the event that you want and sign up for it so that you get reminders so that you'll go. Overall, I'm glad that I joined and I probably re up for another year because after three years it's a lifetime membership and it's way less expensive.

Events and Adventures took the whole pain out from having to look for things to do myself. They've put it all up on the calendar and I can just pick and choose what I want. I could work it with my work schedule and all of the things that I needed to do. At my first event, I felt a little nervous. I wasn't sure what kind of people were going to be there but the event turned out pretty cool. I have a good group of friends that I can expect to see that go regularly as well. Sometimes I see them outside of Events and Adventures too. I've attended about 20 events since I became a member. I like the ones where there are arts and crafts. There was one where you could make your own pottery and then you get to paint it. There was one where we did a trampoline dodge ball too and that was fun.

One of my favorite group activities was going to candle making. I'm going to that tomorrow so I'm excited. There's also a weekly activity where we go to a bar and they have a volleyball court and we play. There's also one where we just do pub crawls or meet up at bars. We have drinks, play card games and stuff like that. Those have been fun. I have a couple of good friends now through Events and Adventures. I am also seeing someone that I met through them. As long as you're there to have fun and make friends, you shouldn't have anything but good experiences.

The general idea of joining a group and having a calendar of events to sign up for has gotten me interested in joining Events and Adventures. My first event was just a few people, so I was pretty calm and the event was good. I've attended 15 events already and I've met some cool friends. We went to a baseball Punch Bowl Social, gone on a hike, went to a reggae night, and also went to the Santa Fe Art Walk in downtown Denver. The volleyball event was my favorite. Overall, I really enjoyed the group and I definitely can say that it's a good experience and totally worth it.

What interested me about Events & Adventures were doing new things and meeting new people. My first event was a gala and I felt a little nervous and awkward in the beginning. I didn't really know how what kind of identification would be in the group but then I saw Alex's name tag so it was fine. It was a charity ball and there was dancing. I didn't really stay that long but it was good. Another event I went to was a movie and that was the easiest. I also did the tropical dinner at Tonga Room. Then I did the dinner and drinks on one of the rooftops at the Mission and I liked that one. I've had fun new experiences with Events & Adventures and I've met a few people who were friendly and with whom I would like hang out again. It's been good so far and the coordinator's been really nice.

I had moved to the city and at my job, there’s not that many young single people. I wanted to experience the city and meet new people so I went to Events & Adventures. I was super nervous before I arrived at my first event since I didn’t exactly know what it was going to be like. But it got easier. There’s a host so you don’t have to navigate through whatever you’re doing by yourself. They also introduce everybody to each other so you don't do it on your own. I joined back in October and now I go to three events in a month on average. I actually met my current boyfriend on the second event. I've also made friends and it's been awesome.

Some of the events that stood out to me were the trampoline dodge ball and the badass axe throwing. We also did a massive Cards Against Humanity session and it was hilarious. I also went to the Memorial Day camping trip up in Wisconsin where there was 200 of us and when we first went up, I was super intimidated. But it was awesome since you didn't have to do or think about anything because meals and the activities have been planned. I recommend Events & Adventures to everybody.

I heard about Events & Adventures from a radio ad and was interested in how you get to do different things. I've attended less than 10 events and have done a little bit of different things and have had a good time with friendly people in most of them, too. I met some pretty people and hung out with one. I'd recommend it.

I was new to the area so I figured Events and Adventures will get me out to see the area and meet somebody new. I felt nervous when I went to my first event because I'm going some place and I don't know anybody. But once I got there, it was fine. I did an out-of-state New Year's event and the organization of it was good. However, I didn’t know then if I should share a room with someone or not. I specifically called the rep and said that if they get my own room, I don’t want to be with a 20-year old drinking all night nor an old person that’s gonna go to bed at night. However, I got paired up with the oldest person alive. She must’ve been 87 and I’m 40. It sucks having to share a room with someone who was in bed by nine o’clock the night of the New Year’s Eve party when there were plenty of people in their 30, 40, 50’s that I could’ve been roomed with. I felt that’s how the rep viewed me so that completely changed my opinion of the organization.

I called up once to put my account on hold and they said, “Okay sure. No problem.” And then I called up the second time but then they said I need to do an email and then this, and then that, which was different from the first time around. And so, I don't think my request the first time I called counted because I signed up for 18 months and then, it ended me with 19 months when I should’ve had that other month. Events & Adventures is beneficial for somebody who is new in town. I didn’t join to find a life-long partner. It would’ve been nice though if I've met a good friend but I guess, I didn’t feel a strong connection. Nevertheless, my experience was good. I’ve met some interesting people, some were good and some were better than others. In fact, I've made a couple of friends and we see each other at events but they were not life-long friends that I choose to hang out with. The group was good for me to get to know the city and for things to do.

I've been to three events so far from Events and Adventures. I like that they go out and do stuff with people that are similar. We did a tour of the museum, I did a dog walk and also the escape room, which was cool. Though it's new, I'm happy with the experience.

I was nervous and apprehensive before arriving at my first event with Events & Adventures. After the event, my apprehensions melted away. Now, I've attended at least seven events. I did the Segway tour, kayaking, hang gliding, a nature walk and a brewery tour. There were also bowling, karaoke and a games night. Of those events, river kayaking was my favorite. I've found a lot of new friends so far through Events & Adventures. It gets you out of your rut and helps you do things that you never thought about doing or have the resources to figure out gathering a bunch of your friends to go do like hang gliding. My experience with them has been life extending.

Events & Adventures is a club for singles but is not a dating site. It's has something that can get me up and moving and it's about adventures and events which is what I want. I felt excited when I first joined an event and so far, I have been to six. I liked the white water rafting trip and I got several more trips on my calendar. One of them is the beach barbecue and in August I have the Salsa Cruise. I also booked the Germany-Austrian-Switzerland trip for September and I'll also be heading to Cuba in January.

In the activities I joined, I met a lot of good like-minded people and an awful lot of professional women that like to be active in and around my age. I like that there was such a variance in age in the members. There seem to be cliques with the younger versus the older age members and I'm on the high end of the age bracket there so it was very comfortable. My experience has been very enjoyable and I have recommended Events & Adventures to a couple of friends.

A couple of years ago, a friend told me about Events & Adventures then I heard of it on the local radio. Meeting a lot of group of people in the same situation got me interested in this club. You can have good friends and have a good time and go out to do something adventurous that you might not normally do by yourself. You show up on a regular basis and not random meet ups where hundreds of thousands of different people can meet up. I've gotten to more than 10 events. I went to quiz night, the ice breaker social, board night, bingo night, volleyball and went to a Rockies game. My favorite was the baseball game that we did. On July 4th we had a picnic at the Cherry Creek Reservoir and played outdoor games which were fun. I have found new friends and had quite a few of them attend my birthday.

If you're not over the age of at least 30, don't even bother investing in this organization product. I was a part of it for a couple months and it was the worst choice & investment I've ever made. Everyone I met was far and above my age bracket. And With the large amount of upfront costs I paid, I was hoping for more free events, which are barely present month to month. They definitely get your money out of you. Keep in mind I have a previous step parent who met their current wife on here, but it's his third marriage, so take from that what you will. Simply put, I'm not a fan of this organization. Everything you could facilitate for yourself if you can just get together with your friends and meet the friends of your friends at just regular stuff around town. Don't blow so much freaking money on a service you don't need people!!

The first event I attended with Events and Adventures was at Happy Gnome. We had drinks and dinner outside on a sunny afternoon. That's when I met most of the people I know now and it was a really good event. I was nervous but I felt more comfortable that people were talking to me. I ended up having a really good time just talking to people. Sometimes, I still get a little nervous going to events because I don't know who I'm going to meet but they were welcoming.

I attended several events since I signed up. We went to different breweries on a bus, a 4th of July event where we went on a boat ride to Taylor Falls and then there was also a paddle boat ride event to Lake Minnetonka and that was really fun. I would like to do more events on the water. I like to be on the lake, by the sea or by the water especially in the summertime because once the summertime is done, you don't get to do that a lot. I'm getting to know people right now and they seem really nice.

Meeting people in person and making friends interest me most about Events and Adventures. My first event was the 1940’s ball which was really fun. The icebreaker was also really interesting. Surprisingly, it was a lot more people than what I expected. Meeting people was really fun as well. Since I started attending the events, I've become friends with a lot of people already.

I wanted to get out of my apartment which had become a habit after a divorce of about a year plus and hopefully to meet someone. Once I signed up with Events & Adventures, I was basically excited. I've gotten up in front of a group of a hundred people and presented before, so nerves have been long gone. I've made a fool of myself before and I could do it again. By now, I've been to about 20 events and I would have been to quite a few more, except I am now in the middle of a three-month contract in Denver working 70 hours a week. So I had to leave after two months of belonging.

As strange as it might sound, I had a great time at the croquet event. There was a great group of people and we were laughing and having a terrific time. I also enjoy all of the international dinners where we go to different restaurants. I love traveling and I'm signed up for the trip to Germany. I can hardly wait to do that. I've only had one event where I was seriously disappointed and it was the fault of the vendor, not anything I would necessarily blame E & A for. Plus, their people out of Minneapolis have been very responsive, but Curtis sucks. He's the individual that I've been directed to for any of the travel-related items and I've sent emails to him requesting pieces of information that he's yet to respond on.

However, one of the questions I asked while contemplating joining was whether I was too old for the group. On the website, it shows a predominantly young group of people, maybe 35 and younger, and I'm on the age group that helped build the pyramid. And they assured me, "Oh no, no we really need someone older 'cause we have a fair amount of older women, and we really are desperate for older men."

Now I don't know if the older women just don't come but the reality is, when I'm sitting anywhere from a group of 15 to 40, there's one or two women who are about 45 and I'm still definitely a decade older than they are. One of my reasons for joining is to meet somebody and it's a long shot than I was led to believe. This is definitely for a 35 or younger group by far. But I don't have problems socializing with anybody of any age and I'm having fun with all of the events. Nobody's ostracizing me and we get along at all of the parties. I don't regret joining Events and Adventures and under the right conditions for the right friend, I would definitely recommend it.

My co-workers mentioned about Events & Adventures and then I got online to find out where I could sign up. I got interested in the different events they have and then there's a chance of meeting someone although it was very narrow for me. I was a bit nervous when I went to my first social event where I never knew anyone. I might be the new guy and everybody else has been there long enough and they might have known each other or recommended each other. But then everyone was pretty friendly, a mature crowd, and I laughed a lot.

I've only attended two so far. There was the meet and greet and then the event that I liked where we went to a Mexican restaurant. I met one friend and we'll have our first date on August 5th. We're going to the Opera, McCaw Hall, to see Madame Butterfly. Then I just recently bought a home so that's been my focus so I haven't had a chance to get into the social scene yet.

There's great opportunity to meet people with Events & Adventures, whether looking for a significant other or not. There were things that I've probably never done that I can experience with them so I thought it's a great program. These dating websites where they expect a person to put money upfront, the focus is different with Events and Adventures. It's more about having fun first then build relationships later.

When I was signing up for Events and Adventures, I was very much led to believe that my fee for the year would cover 90 to 95 percent of the event but I have found that I still have to pay for a majority of the events that we're going to. I do not mind and I can financially afford it, but I was misled when I signed up. I don't want to feel like I'm being ripped off and sometimes I do when I have to shell out more money for events that I know shouldn't cost as much as they do.

Also, there are always things that could be improved upon like when they list an address which is not even right. Particularly, it pertains to the meeting at a park. They listed an address and then I ended up in the middle of a neighborhood and there's no park. The other thing I've noticed and it's an annoyance is that some of the hosts don't do the best job at making new people feel welcome. I know a bunch of people now in the club and I feel like I probably do a much better job of talking with new people and making them feel welcome than the hosts do. There are a few hosts that are younger that maybe shouldn't be the host. But all in all, it's been a very positive experience. I like everything. I've done a ton of events already like the Memorial Day Camping which was a blast and bowling which was my favorite one. I've been enjoying myself and I've met really cool people.

I'm new to Vancouver. I’m single and I wanted to look at making new acquaintances and also getting an idea of what's available here to do. I was looking forward to my Events and Adventures' first event and seeing what it could bring. But I wasn't actually too pleased at first. It was quite dull because the fellow members that were there weren't very talkative and at the same time, there was a football game. They were very quiet and reserved. But in many of the other events I've been to afterward, I met great and better people.

I have two favorite events, the Murder Mystery weekend and the Canada Day boating cruise and I've made quite a few new friends. Going with Events & Adventures literally works as long as you're not looking for anything relationship-wise. When it comes to social networking, getting an idea of the environment around you and the area that you're in and in making new friends, it definitely works 100%.

I was new to the area, so going out and meeting other people interested me about Events & Adventures. I was both nervous and excited when I arrived at my first event. But after I got there and met the people, I was fine. The wine tasting and hiking are my favorites.The wine tasting event was very popular, but it seemed a little disorganized. There was a t least 20 to 25 people and the places we went to were not accommodating for us. The first one wasn't expecting us and then the owner on the other place was very rude, though he did apologize. But overall it was good and I'd do it again. I've made some friends, too. Events & Adventures is a good way to meet other people and I would recommend them.

I've been to, approximately, 12 events with Events & Adventures and I've found some good acquaintances. Ziplining was my favorite. There were some activities that I wanted to do but they either had the wrong date or they got postponed. Once or twice, it was a matter of the information where the website may have given inaccurate information and there were one or two other times where the weather affected the opportunities. The paddle boarding and kayaking were the ones that I was really looking forward to but they were postponed. With the kayaking, the date was wrong on the website so everybody showed up and then it didn't happen.

People make prior arrangements to be there so I think that the company needs to be a little more lenient on getting us some type of compensation. People have to have sitters, make driving arrangements, take off time from work and drive a distance. Then, they don't get accommodations when things aren't correct. That's irritating and frustrating. I offered that feedback but I've never received any type of response or correspondence. Also, at times when I go to so many events, the young professionals are sometimes a little cliquey and that's the disappointing part. Then there was one particular host who was a bit unprofessional at times. But overall, I'm satisfied and I'd like to see some other events come up that I haven't seen yet that I would like to do.

What got me interested in Events & Adventures was the fact that it was social. That way I get to meet people, enjoy other companies from other singles, just to have fun, and I’m really enjoying it so far. On the first event, I was excited to see who else was joining because of the icebreaker. All new members get to meet up together and see exactly who else joined, and it was actually a very fun event. I've been to almost 10 events and trips and my favorite is when we floated down the Salt River. I also enjoyed the clay shooting where we go out and shoot clay doves.

To have as much fun as one can, one should be the person they are and enjoy the company they are with because everyone’s unique in their own way, and I am enjoying everyone’s different uniqueness. There are some shy people, but they’re slowly getting out of their shyness and getting used to people around. Events & Adventures is a great program and it even works if one lives too far away from all the events, which I do. I’m almost two hours away from almost everything that’s scheduled up and they were able to work well with my budgeting. I have already recommended Events & Adventures to a couple of friends.

Events and Adventures had events going on and you didn’t need to have anybody else go with you. You can join whenever you want so I became interested. I was excited about my first event but I was one of two people who showed up so it was a little disappointing. I have been to seven events and the Red Rocks was my favorite. It was a fun outing and the venue was nice. I also did a pizza social, forbidden bingo, beach volleyball and a Cider and Blues Festival. However, I am on a pause right now because I wasn't finding enough events that I wanted to join.

I like the idea of being able to join an event on a day that you might have off from work. But the part I didn't like was that it's starting to become clicky where people know each other and so they're unwilling to make friends with other people. But there are some people I have met and so if I went to another event, I could talk to them.

Events and Adventures gave me a chance to do new things and meet new people. I chose my first event with them which was the New Year’s Eve party and I was nervous. It wasn’t until my second event that it changed. I've been to tons of their events and I try to make anybody else that’s new at their first event feel better than I felt. In this regard, Events and Adventures could do a better job in choosing a host. It’s not fair that people who haven’t had to pay for their membership then don’t have to pay for the events can be really rude to the members.

I liked the Whirlyball event the most and I also had a fun time tubing. The travel was okay too. I’ve only been to one trip and I stayed in my cabin. I go to events three times a week and I have a party coming up tonight. I’ve met new friends but the quality of guys is pretty poor. Events and Adventures shouldn’t advertise it as a singles club because even the guys told me that there are lots of girls who are good looking but very few of the guys are. But overall, the experience has been fun and adventurous.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

I'd like to meet people in person and not to just sit at home, go back and forth with online dating with a whole bunch of text messages and never going out to eat or doing anything. I saw pictures of sky diving and all those cool stuff. I've attended 11 events in total. I was both excited and nervous attending the first event. I was scared that it was simply going to be like a bunch of losers but everyone was really nice and the event was great. There's a big group of people there and I got to meet a whole bunch of people but I couldn't meet everybody. It was like Cinco De Mayo. It was a taco-themed event and potluck. Everything was festive, we were taking pictures and we played with hitting the piñata.

I like the sky diving, it's awesome. The white water rafting was my favorite event before I went sky diving because I got partnered up with a random person and it was fun to meet and talk with other people. We did a little cliff jumping off of a 15-foot thing so I got my adrenaline going and we spent all day together. I got to carpool with a couple of other people and then we all went out and had burgers and drinks afterwards. It was like a little family for the day. I also went on camping. We met up with Chicago and the Wisconsin Dells area. I have my own schedule so I just had to drive myself. I ended up sharing a tent with a friend and I really liked the location Heather had picked out. It was really awesome and I had a great time.

I made a lot of good contacts, too. I had a significant other for one month. Currently, I'm employed right now so it's hard to get out of the contract obviously, like a year and a half. I was really thinking that after you got a boyfriend that you can get out of the membership, but I didn't realize it was like you have to have like a married thing. And they said that you could freeze the account where you don't go to events but you still pay. It seems like whenever any company says you can freeze your account, you should be able to freeze the spending part because that's the reason why mostly you need to freeze is you don't have a job, you don't have any money.

After the 18 month period from when I first signed up, I should be able to continue for an additional month until then. I'd like to pick right up after but it doesn't really make sense to not go now, pay now and then to go later at the end when this whole thing is like a lifetime membership. So there really is no additional months at the end. But other than that, the entire experience was fun, adventurous, drama filled fun.

Events and Adventures Company Profile