Call toll free
4.06/5

Events and Adventures

Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Minneapolis, Phoenix, San Francisco, Santa Clara, and Vancouver BC

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Events and Adventures is more than just a social club -- it’s a way to experience new adventures while making new friends. We are located in Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Minneapolis, Phoenix, San Francisco, Santa Clara, Seattle and Vancouver, BC.

Events & Adventures is a safe, invitation-only network of people with a common thread: to get out and meet new people. With 30-50 local events each month, you’ll easily be able to find events you’re interested in meet people with common interests. Whether it's horseback riding, skydiving, wine tasting or just a casual hangout! Visit us online to learn more about how you can get the ball rolling.

Events and Adventures Gallery (10)
A-BBB Rating
View More View More

1220 Events and Adventures Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

My first event with Events & Adventures was a little nerve-wracking because I didn’t know anybody but it was okay for the most part. It was a very comfortable first experience. I've only been to that event and it was kind of two things on the same night. It started out with the new member orientation thing, and then afterwards, there was a game night and it was not just for new members. All members were there and it was really fun. I talked with a lot of people and I met a lot of people. I look forward to participating a little more.

Get expert buying tips about Matchmaking Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I’ve met some of my best friends through Events & Adventures. I’ve been a member for about three years now. In my first year, I went to 15 events a month. After that, I eased up and averaged six or seven events a month. Wallyball is always a good one, and camping is usually pretty fun. Overall, my experience with Events & Adventures has been pretty good. There are some areas of improvement, like they don’t always qualify new members as well as they seem to or they say to.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I like that Events and Adventures allows me to interact with other people while having activities. It’s better for me personally because I thrive in situations where there are activities going on versus going to a bar, just sitting there and talking. I was nervous going into my first event but the people there, the hosts were friendly so we were warmed up pretty quickly. Over the past three months, I had been to about 20 local events and my favorite is the game night. We hold it at a local clubhouse here in Houston which is the main clubhouse of Events and Adventures. I have also attended the Volleyball event, Archery Tag, Howl at the Moon and arcade night. Overall, my experience has been pretty great.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Events & Adventures is interesting to me because I like the concept of meeting people through events and not through online dating. I find it better and I've met new people. I was a bit stressed though at my first event, the New Year's event, because I didn’t know how it will go. But I got welcomed by one of the organizers and in the end, it was good. But it could have been improved if the organizers focus more on introducing the new people. I’ve only been able to attend two events and my favorite is the icebreaker. It was better because I could really talk and meet the new people who were there, so the objective was achieved. I’m a bit unclear, however, on how the payment works. I put a downpayment on but I don’t recall if I’m going to receive reminders on a monthly basis to tell me how much I have to pay or if it’s being directly deducted from my account. It’s not an area of concern but I want to double check that I’m also fine with my payment.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

With Events & Adventures you can just hang out with people without being on a date. Date sucks. I've been to 20 events so far and my favorite was stargazing with a 6-foot telescope. It was very fun. Also my favorites are the pumpkin carving event, bingo, rodeo, game night, speakeasy, Phoenix Light, NASCAR thing and billiard. E&A is a little expensive but I would recommend it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Events and Adventures?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

All I do is travel for work and I recently moved to Arizona. I hadn't spent much time outside of work travel to do anything and meet new people. I thought I’d give Events & Adventures a shot to see what there is to do outside of the regular activities that I know to do in Arizona and hopefully start making some new friends to enjoy myself more here. I’ve done the mini golf, the Coyotes Hockey game, and a morning hike. All three were a lot of fun. I like getting out and I like hiking. I can’t stand golf, but I love mini golf. So far, I've made friends with two guys who were at the hockey game and the hiking event. There’s an icebreakers meeting and I thought I would go to that to meet some people and maybe discuss more about the club. I’m also doing another hockey game next week. I’m also signed up for an Archery Tag event, which I found interesting.

I’m really open to every kind of event they’ve got, except now, it falls with my work schedule. One of these times, I would really like to see about one of these trips that they’re doing around the world and try to do one of those. That’s what I do with my job anyway, but it would be nice to doing it in a vacation way instead of half of it being work. I enjoy Events & Adventures. It's great and I would recommend it to friends.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I'm naturally a Houstonian, but I haven't lived here in about six years so I didn't really know what was going on. I wanted to see the events going on in Houston and that was what interested me in Events and Adventures. Any events that I go to that I don't know about is always awkward. But afterwards, it was really nice. I met quite a few good people. I've gone to 20 events and there's always the bar ones that I attend. I also went to the holiday ones, Thanksgiving or Memorial Day then I also went to the river one or the water park. The Houston Art or the Houston car show is coming up that I really wanna go to.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I made some new friends at the events I attended with Events & Adventures. I've been to five of them. The event with classical music was pretty good. I also joined a pinball or arcade game and an open house with game night.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I was new to Chicago and I wanted something to get me out of the house and do stuff. Events & Adventures seemed like a good way to do it. The first event went well. The people there were friendly. Everyone was really nice. It was easy to get involved in it. Events & Adventures held sports games like volleyball and bowling. There were also random beach day. I am also participating in their trip to Antarctica in March. I haven’t met a significant other, but I’ve made some okay friends. I’ve been enjoying the program so far.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I was going through a phase of trying to come back out because I had been secluded for a minute and I’ve been trying to find a way to safely do it. First, I was fixed about bingo, doing something instead of just going to clubs by myself which I didn’t grow out of. When I heard about Events & Adventures, I went there and my experience with them has been beautiful. I signed up for two events for December. We had the Brick House Event and it was an open bar buffet, so I got to meet some good people there. However, December has been a rough month and I haven’t signed up for anything because I’m going through a situation now and trying to clear it up for January. I would tell my friends to join Events & Adventures. It is a nice group if they are looking for a group to get out with.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I was looking for ways to connect with other people of like mind and a counselor told me about Events & Adventures. I’ve been with the company for about two and a half years now and I’ve gotten quite a few friends that I’m connected with it --- at least nine or 10 that I see on a regular basis. I usually go to the events at the clubhouse but I’ve gone to a few events outside and I keep an eye out for anything that really interests me. I’m going on my first trip in April to Machu Picchu. If Events & Adventures fits your budget, I’d definitely recommend it.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I heard about Events & Adventures through a friend and what interested me about it was meeting new people. I was a bit nervous on my first event, but it changed after I arrived. I have attended around 50 events and trips so far and the flying trapeze event is my favorite. I'm signed up for the Alaskan trip and I'm also signed up for the ice climbing event for next month, which I'm pretty excited about. I've also participated in Whirlyball, bowling, glassblowing, and ax throwing, and the trip to Wildman was a lot of fun. I also made a lot of friends on Events and Adventures.

Events and Adventures is very expensive, but it's fun. You just have to make sure you are getting the refunds you are supposed to get because I've had to call multiple times for getting money back when I should have but never did. The one thing that I have had issues with is the calendar when it shows that an event is full even after you've canceled. I don't understand why you'd still get charged for it. It says online that it's still full, then they say, "Well, you can't go by that." That should be updated if that's an issue with it not being correct. I lost out on 120 bucks two months ago because I had to cancel on a couple of events last minute, but they still said full, days after I canceled, so I was not very happy about that part.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I was interested in having things to do because I get so wrapped up in my busy life that I don’t give time out for myself. I've been to two events by Events and Adventures. The events are like projects and it's something of interest if I need someone or not. Unfortunately, with the age group, there are mostly women and there aren’t any men that we can meet so that makes it a little more difficult. I was told there would be more people my age involved but in the first event I went to, there was no one my age. They were all my children’s age. I like hanging out with the kids, but that’s not what I signed up for. Other than that, people have been friendly.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I had a friend who was a member of Events & Adventures and I got interested in the traveling part of the club. Every good event or trip can interest me and I have attended two or three of the Events & Adventures' local events already. I wanted to go to Peru and Cuba, but they didn’t have space. I could’ve gone about to Antarctica or Alaska, but they also didn’t have space. I could only sign up online for Amazon, which is in July.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

Events & Adventures was an opportunity to meet new people. It's harder for people to hang out independently at the club and I wanted to expand that group. I haven't attended a lot of their events and they deactivated my membership for a while due to my unavailability.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

When I ran into a group of people that were Events and Adventures members, I thought I'd give it a shot. I've attended three of their social gatherings. I looked forward to the first event I joined and the people were nice enough, but nothing sparked me greatly. Events and Adventures are for people that find it harder to go out and meet people. I find more friends going out on my own than I do going to the events.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Events and Adventures had different activities that I can try. I like exploring things, so I wanna see what the event is about. There was a solving a puzzle type of thing activity. The virtual reality one was interesting as well. I also participated in the trapeze, dinner at one of the Brazilian restaurants - Fogo, horse riding, and sporting clay. There were also nice, decent people over there, so it was good. I have told my friends about E&A and they are kinda excited about the events that are there.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I've been in a parenting role since I was 19, so I got interested in the opportunities to have a short burst of adrenaline type of fun. I thought some of the things that Events & Adventures advertised would be cool, so as soon as I finalized my divorce, I went in the next day to sign up. I made my introduction into E&A, but it was a bit disappointing because of the system that they are using. There is not much information on their website. Walking in their office, their staff is super friendly, but when they go over the prices and they have pencil and paper and they are drawing up the chart, it feels about 20 or 30 years behind the time. I wish they would eventually change a little to create transparency or at least be a bit more efficient about their own technology.

As far as the event, the host did a good job with it and overall, they try to have a nice diversity and try to please everyone, although the biggest challenge that I have with them is that the events tend to fill up extremely quickly. They publish a calendar once a month for the next month and from there, they send a text saying, "Okay. You can now sign up." However, if you are unable to attend the events, you have to let them know at least a week prior or you potentially lose the money on it. As a single dad with two kids, it is rare that I can even attend the events. It tends to be, at best, once a month and there have been several ones I've had to cancel, so there has not been a lot of bang for my buck as far as that goes.

I was able to attend eight events and the hang gliding was a lot of fun and cool. When you have memorable events that you wanna do, you wanna be able to share them with meaningful people in your life, so you can look back on them and hope that you'd meet someone. From an idealistic standpoint, it's great, but for the most part, the best way I can look at it is it would be fun to do but really hard to schedule if you are just one person. There are some people out there that have had a little more success with the events. For the most part, most of them are kid-free, and it makes sense. I've had a few connections here and there, but I bought a lifelong membership, so I'm not in any rush to make friends. I would recommend Events & Adventures for certain people that have very little obligations and financially can afford to do that stuff, but from a single parent perspective, I would not recommend it to any single parent.

You can do their scheduling stuff from a mobile site, but they don't have a way to export to Google calendar from a desktop. You can also do it to Outlook, but most people aren't using that nowadays. A Google calendar export is so easy to do nowadays, but trying to even view the schedule is really challenging and cumbersome. It would be easy to find a web developer that would make the user experience a lot easier to do. That is a small investment that would make a bigger difference to everyone.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I was interested in the activities that Events and Adventures offered. So far, I've attended a lot of their events and trips, and skydiving has been my favorite. I would like to see them offer a lot more adventurous kind of stuff, though. Still, the options are not too bad. In February, I'm going to Thailand.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I did not have a solid friend group and I was also single at the time. I joined Events and Adventures because I wanted to find a good group of friends, and I was hoping to find someone romantically as well. I’ve been in the club since 2017, and I've been to about 100 events. Some of my best friends are from E and A now. I also dated someone for 15 months but we broke up unfortunately. Other than that, I've really enjoyed more of the events for adrenaline junkies. The trapeze was really fun and I really enjoyed sky diving. When I don’t have something to do in the evening and I want to do something, having E and A is a great way to be able to at least look at a calendar to say yes or no. So that’s been nice.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

If you’re going to sign up, make note that you’re signing up for a 4 day membership. They will refuse to reimburse you if you need to cancel early. If you live to a town they aren’t located in, they won’t refund your membership. They don’t give a ** about anything but the money. A contract over 4 days is really nothing but a lie. 4 days. That is the max of your contract no matter what you supposedly sign up for.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I just moved to Minnesota and I'm a little too old to go to bars and meet people. Events & Adventures sounded like an interesting way to meet people and a nice social, so I went online and checked on them a little bit. Then, they contacted me and conducted an interview, and I decided to give it a try. I felt a little nervous arriving at my first event, but Events & Adventures made it comfortable. They made me feel really nice and welcome and I never felt any problem with that.

No matter what you like, you're gonna find something that interests you with E&A. I've been on trips with them. I went to Vegas and to New Orleans, and I'm going to Alaska soon. When we went to Vegas, we were on the Strip and the experience was nice. E&A has a good combination of both events and adventures. I like the adventure part and I went skydiving a few times which is my number one favorite. I have gone hand-gliding and dog sledding, too. Then, there are the events which are more socialized stuff like mingling in restaurants and bars. I have been on all kinds of events and I will be doing the New Year one. Since joining E&A, I've made some new friends. I'm just happy that I did it and personally, it was a good thing to do. I do stuff with them that I wouldn't do otherwise or I wouldn't do on my own. I would recommend Events & Adventures.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Events and Adventures was a way to meet people who were single and wanna go out and do stuff. I was a bit apprehensive on my first event and I was a bit worried about the demographic of people that I saw. They put you in the club pretty quickly and in three days, you’re locked in. I started in the beginning of November and I’ve attended 5 events. Most of them are local to the city. I was in bowling in bocce, dominoes and the coolest one was the charity event I went to last week. I’ve made new friends and that’s good. However, they should make the events to cast a little wider. It seems like the same members go to the events that I have seen but if you go to an event where there are other people, there’s a chance to mingle with others.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I’ve gone camping and to the clubs with Events and Adventures. However, I haven't taken any of the trips yet as I find that they're a little more expensive than what I wanna spend. I thought that because we have a group of people, things would be less expensive. Instead, sometimes it seems that things are more expensive and we’re not getting discounts. I’d love this trip that they’re going on to New Orleans, Louisiana. But there’s no flight involved and it’s $1,400 for about three days. It seems like an awful lot. I was also gonna go to the Brazilian Steakhouse and because not enough people signed up, it went from 42 to 52. 42 was pushing it and I’m not gonna pay $52.

I like country dancing and I like it when we go out to the Wild West. I've also gotten a couple of friends. I had one friend, but she’d gotten in a relationship and then I was in a relationship for a while with one of the guys I met. I’m older and it’s kinda hard because most of the people are younger so it’d be nice if the activities would gear towards more older people. It also seems like every Monday and Tuesday they do the same things, such as the volleyball or the wallyball type stuff and it’s hard for me to be involved in those. Events and Adventures should also sometimes be a little more organized about some stuff. We went to a dance thing last few weeks ago and there were only two tables and a few chairs, so not everybody had a place to sit down. Other than that, I always tell everybody that Events and Adventures is fun and I encourage them to go. I really enjoy it and the more people that are there, the more it's fun.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I wanted to get out more and I decided to join Events & Adventures. Since joining, I've joined 10 events thus far and Volleyball has been my favorite. Game night was fun as well and in the near future, I'll be going bowling.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

We have a radio station here in Houston and Events and Adventures has an ad on there, and it was mentioned a few times. I checked out the site and saw some of the reviews from what seemed like current members 'cause they were pretty recent. One of the big things was the skydiving stuff, so it was a more adventurous kind of things. But a big part of it I saw was that somebody said Events was a comfortable, organic way to meet people, and that's very true.

Each event got its own group or type of person that would show up to it, so I experienced all kinds of different things and made all kinds of different friends that I probably would have never made had I not been in the group. I attended 25 events and on my first one, I went to an open mic night at the House of Blues where we had dinner and I got to check out the performers there. It was very fun and casual. That would always be one of my favorites 'cause it was my first impression. Then when we went to this VR video game place, we broke up into teams and worked as a team. It was some competition against each other to complete the main objective, so it was kinda fun.

The event manager, Reid, is awesome. He's always available if we ever have questions like through Facebook, in anything, whether it's stuff on our contract or suggesting future events or questions about an event like minutes before it's going on. He's always Johnny-on-the-spot. I have already gotten a coworker in the group for Events and Adventures.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I have been looking for more people to spend time with. I decided to join Events & Adventures and though at first I was super nervous, as soon as I met a couple of the people, I settled into the program very quickly. At first, I sent to an ugly sweater party which was a complete blast. I've tried to get to that event every year since. From the time I became member, I've usually done the game night every month as well as the cheaper events. I've also gone to the Halloween party and the New Year's Eve party every year. I definitely recommend Events & Adventures. It's a lot of fun. Though it costs quite a bit, it's worth it and I've made a few friends there.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Events and Adventures is a single-people-hanging-out-because-they-just-don’t-have-time-to-go-meet-people thing. I like that it is not a hook-up thing. I was nervous before arriving at my first event. It was a painting event and I had a lot of fun. It was like a BYOB, but you could paint and it was good. There were lots of events that I wanted to go to, but I have a busy schedule. In the beginning, a lot of things were cancelled when I didn't want them to, but that’s just how life goes. I have an event coming up that’s like a boots scootin’ boogie thing going on and there’s a game night one.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I got interested to Events and Adventures because the events were already set up and I don't have to plan anything. My first event with them was a comedy club and I was nervous before arriving, but that changed after I got there. The most recent one, their Halloween party, was my favorite. It was a pretty large turnout, so I got to see more people than I would typically see if I just attended one event a month and that was kinda nice. I also did the luau that they had and went to their river trip, the salt river and the tubing activities.

I've attended one event a month in the last 12 months partly because they're so far. A lot of them seem to be in Glendale or Scottsdale and I just kinda wish that Events and Adventures would do more events on the east side of the valley. They did give me a discount for travelling, but it's still inconvenient when things start at 5 o'clock and I gotta get across two hours of traffic. Also, the only other thing that deters people when I tell them about Events and Adventures is the overall cost of joining. But so far, I've made a few girl and guy friends since I joined the club.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I heard about Events and Adventures on the radio a couple of times and never really gave it much thought. Then my sister heard on the radio and encouraged me to do it 'cause I graduated last year, I've been working full time and not really doing anything. I’ve always been talking for the last couple of years of wanting to get out, meet new people, and try new things and stuff, and thought it would be the perfect opportunity for me to do both.

I've only been for a little less than a month and I attended about eight events so far. I was nervous on my first event as I'm not the most confident in situation with new people, but the hosts were really friendly, talkative, funny, and they got me feeling more comfortable right away. Then other people started showing up, and the first guy that I went to was with the new member seminar and then bowling. So, most everybody else that showed up right away was their first event and it was a little easier everybody else being around the same comfortability.

I really liked the virtual reality simulation place, that was great. The first experience I've ever had that stuff and I've always been interested in that. I also liked the dodgeball trampoline, it was so much fun. I've almost never done trampoline, so I got to play dodgeball as an adult from that. It was just a great time. I've made a couple of new friends that I've talked to a little bit and have seen at a couple different events. I'm a little slower on initiating things so hoping to see people a few more times and then maybe meet outside of it also.

Events and Adventures expert review by Mark Brooks

Events & Adventures offers a unique take on the traditional concept of matchmaking. By adding in the element of adventure, this dating company works to take the nerves out of any first date.

• Group meetings: Events & Adventures makes a first date experience more like a social club. Everyone involved meets up for a fun activity and gets to know each other under easygoing circumstances.

• Vetting process: Meeting someone for the first time is filled with uncertainty. With Events & Adventures, participants know that the person they meet is who they say they are. A complete vetting prior to any adventure helps ensure a safe and fun time.

• Dating for introverts: In most dating situations, the extroverts get all the attention, but this unique dating service works just as well for the introverts out there. It allows a group of people to meet and interact naturally, removing the stress of the dating atmosphere.

• Activity variety: Put the dinner and a movie model out of your mind when you sign up with Events & Adventures. They offer 30-50 great event choices each month.

• International adventures: Where most dating services feel they've done their job after the first date, Events & Adventures works to keep the fun going all around the world. Participants can enjoy local activities and international travel, all with a group of like-minded adults.

• Best for: People seeking long-term relationships, people seeking fun activities and those looking to meet new friends.

Profile picture of Mark Brooks
Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

Events and Adventures Company Information