Events and Adventures

Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Minneapolis, Phoenix, San Francisco, Santa Clara, and Vancouver BC

4.1/5 (171 ratings)
Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

About Events and Adventures

Events and Adventures is an invitation-only network of singles and others looking to meet people with similar interests. It offers 30 to 50 local events each month, including horseback riding, skydiving, wine tasting and simple hangouts. Visit its website to learn more about how to get involved.

Pros

• Large membership
  • Available in 12 major cities
  • 30 or more local events per month
  • Various activities

Cons

• Membership is pricey
  • Additional costs
  • Must offer proof of divorce process

Bottom Line

Events and Adventures offers activity-based dating with opportunities for travel and group events. It’s pricey but might be ideal if you want a more exciting dating life.

Top Events and Adventures Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Events and Adventures is a great club to be involved in when you're going through a transition and even later. It's a great program. I've met a lot of friends so that worked out r...

Verified

… I was looking for events in my area and an ad for Events and Adventures kept popping up. I thought there was something to it so that was when I looked it up… I love the people t...

What is Events and Adventures?

Events and Adventures is an activity-based dating service available in 12 North American cities. It brings together singles and others in a fun, low-stress setting. These groups, called dating clubs, gather in Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Minneapolis, Phoenix, San Francisco, Santa Clara, Seattle and Vancouver, British Columbia. The company also offers travel experiences, including ski excursions, cruises, sailing trips and European tours.

How does Events and Adventures work?

You can apply online to receive a call with details about travel opportunities, events and pricing. The company sets up a virtual meeting to get to know you before screening and approving your application. Once accepted, you’ll sign a contract and pay for a one- or two-year membership, then you can attend any upcoming events. Depending on your location, you should have multiple events (with 20 to 40 attendees each) to choose from each month.

You must be single and over 21 to apply for an Events and Adventures membership. You can join if you’re in the process of getting a divorce, but you have to provide proof you’ve filed.

Events and Adventures cost

It’s typical to pay between $100 to $200 per month for your Events and Adventures membership, although price varies by location. Your membership fee won’t cover all events; expect to pay from $40 to $200 for some activities. You can cancel your membership within 24 hours of sign-up for a full refund or within three days for a partial refund (minus a $400 processing charge). The company offers no other refunds or guarantees.

Events and Adventures FAQ

How many events does Events and Adventures host each month?
The company typically around 30 local events each month.
How do I sign up for Events and Adventures?
You can get started by visiting its website.
Is there an age limit for Event and Adventures?
You must be over 21 to join.
Where is Events and Adventures available?
Events and Adventures is available in Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Minneapolis, Phoenix, San Francisco, Santa Clara, Seattle and Vancouver, British Columbia.

Is Events and Adventures worth it?

Events and Adventures could be ideal if you’re bored with regular dating and searching for a partner with similar interests. The company hosts more than 30 events each month in each of its cities, so you're likely to find a few you'd like to attend. If you’re unmarried and over 21 — and if the membership and event costs aren’t over your budget — Events and Adventures might be a good option for you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Events and Adventures?

Original review: July 30, 2022

My first event was a month ago, and I was nervous. It was wine and cheese, and I don't know much about wine or cheese, and still don't after this event. However, I met some really nice people. Did my feelings change? Yes. I felt more comfortable. I wasn't as nervous, and I was looking forward to the second event that I was gonna go to. I've been to seven events, including the wine and cheese, bowling, golf (twice) and Ringling Brothers. On Friday, I'm going bowling again. Every month, Events and Adventures does this bowling social thing.

I'm doing a bunch of events in August as well. On the 12th, I'm going to a laser show with the music of Journey. Saturday the 13th, I'm going to a lagoon that has a beautiful beach and a water obstacle course. It looks cool. The 14th, we're doing a boat trip. There are six boats leaving at different places and all meeting on some island. It's like a who gets to the island first type of thing. On the 19th, I'm doing dueling pianos in Ybor, then on the 27th, I'm going to PopStroke, which is the new venue for Tiger Woods. He put this whole thing together. On the 31st, I'm going to shoot bows and arrows like Robin Hood.

I'd tell friends, "Come with me to an event or two and see what it is and meet the people. People are super nice." Everybody's outgoing. They just walk up to you and say, "Hi, how you doing? My name is..." We don't even have name tags. I wish we did sometimes. There are a lot of people and you forget their frickin' names. So, you end up saying, "Hey, how you doing?" Hopefully someone says their name during a conversation and you get lucky, or you walk up to somebody you know really well and say, "Hey, who are they?" But it's really nice.

As a matter of fact, I'm thinking one of my friends is coming with me on Friday night to go bowling, and I'm hoping that he will join because there are more women than guys. I don't really care about bowling, but I'm dating one of the women. I just met her through bowling and we started talking and one thing led to another. We're pretty hot and heavy, but there's a couple of other girls I really like a lot too. There's a lot of women and they're all nice, and some are really nice looking as well. The thing about Events and Adventures is they've weeded out the riffraff. You need to make X amount of dollars and you need to be able to be active and go from there. Sometimes it's like dating sites.

Get buying tips about Matchmaking Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 16, 2022

I did the concert, two brunches, and the Brave game sunset. I enjoyed the Rays game. I liked the cruise, the water activities, and the beach. We get together at the beach. That was awesome. The brunch place that we went to, the idea was great. I also went to a dinner. A great place. And it was great to go around and explore Tampa and new people at the same time. But the brunch places, I didn't care for as much. All the food was natural and I didn't like that. I bit into a pancake and I tasted nothing but cinnamon. But now I know. I pass by that place, I would never have known that I didn't like that if I didn't go there and check it out. But the dinner was great. We went to this little Italian restaurant. I liked a lot of it where we would do more social dinners. Also, they had parasailing and I loved the little getaways that they get. So, I'm very pleased so far.

The sunset cruise was awesome. We all met, we went on the cruise, we were all together. There was an announcer up there telling us what's going on and it was delightful. I love those kinds of things. We were able to go on this cruise at a discounted price because it was on a group rate. So, if I will do it on my own, I'd pay more. So, I like the fact that I got it at a nicer rate and I would recommend. I wish that there were more cruises because they've got all kinds of things going on on the water. They do kayaking. But I like the actual cruise or the water activities. And my second favorite was when we went to the beach. All of us went there. I'm going tomorrow to a bar where they live music. And Sunday, I'm going to a pool party.

I liked the fact that Events and Adventures had the little finishing touches, like they had the glow bracelets. They add a bit. I appreciate that. I love those kinds of things. The online activities, I'm not very interested. And last night, we were supposed to go to cantina, but it was hit by lightning. So, we went to this little bowling alley. The first one I went to, I signed up for a concert in the park and it rained. And our leader, Rebecca, was awesome. She knew what was going on and she took us to these little places that she knew of and it ended up being a fabulous evening. So, I've been very pleased so far. Everyone has been very friendly to me and it has been very nice.

I really like this. I'm a teacher. So, in the summer, I've got this more time. As the year progresses, I'm not going to be able to attend as much many events, not because I don't want to or it's getting old, but because of my schedule. It will be more on weekends and holidays and stuff. But I like the fact that there's a calendar. I get to pick and choose. When it's full, they always seem to make accommodations for me. I was afraid that I'd signed up for something, everything would be full, all the good stuff. But that's not the case. So, everything I want to do, it's right there. But I would recommend a bit more water activities because we're by the ocean, and that's something not every place has. That would just be my recommendation because Events and Adventures is doing great.

At first glance, "Oh, 2,400. That's a lot of money." In this stage of my life where it's really hard to meet people, it's hard to go around, going to bars, not my style. You're really paying for the calendar. And a lot of those activities are free. If you want to pay for more stuff, you can too. It's on your own discretion. It was well worth the money because I'm able to meet people and see the new city at the same time. I would tell my friends it's really something. It's a good use of the money if you're single. It's hard to meet people and people are married, they have their kids. And when you're single, you're in a group that's an oddity. It's very hard. Going with a family, you just are tag-along.

But Events and Adventures gives that opportunity where you can meet people. If you meet someone in the group, great, and strike it good. Or if you made a girlfriend, it doesn't matter. You're there interacting with people with the same goals and desires. And everybody has a good time. It's a good investment of the money. Otherwise, being single, you'd spend that money in bars and not be able to explore having that opportunity. It's a great concept. I'm mad at myself that I didn't come up with this idea years ago. I'm like, "Why didn't I think of this?" Because you have a calendar, you have an interaction with other people and it's a great way to get yourself in a situation where you're with other people. I'll go to places by myself, explore by myself.

But this way, I don't have to go alone anymore. I'm in a group. I'm very grateful that I stumbled upon this. And when I told my friends at first, they said it's a lot of money to put up for something like this and don't get anything. But you're paying for the challenge and the opportunity. And to have that opportunity that, normally, if you're doing it on your own, it's not gonna be as fum or memorable. You have a purpose and you're in a group. And I like the fact also that they always make a point to make pictures, a group picture, and they post it on the site and on Facebook. I take my own pictures. But when they take it as a group, it's nice to have that little memory.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

I became recently single and I wanted to meet people by doing something instead of going to a bar, so I joined Events and Adventures. The person who interviewed me and told me how it works said that the events would be fun and that if I was not feeling comfortable, I could reach out to my host. Unfortunately, the host was probably the shyest person at the first event I went to. It was not a great first impression as far as how it was run. This was a dinner in Capitol Hill, Seattle. When I arrived, everybody at the table was silently looking at me. I had to say, "Is this Events and Adventures?" "Yeah." And we just sat there awkwardly. Being a hairdresser and having a big personality, I started asking icebreaker questions.

I talked to the event manager in my area and gave her feedback on the host that I had at my first event. He's a very sweet guy but he doesn't have the personality to be a host to make people feel welcomed. Hosting is hard. With all my feedback I was asked about being a host and I declined. I'm a business owner and I'm a mother of two. I had four hosts so far and the three women were all fantastic. That poor guy that was so shy said he didn't want to be a host, but they asked him. We went on a hike and I actually got to talk to him more.

On my sixth event, I met this wonderful man and we've been dating. We're like a poster couple for Events and Adventures. It was his first event when we met. We started dating on his third event and my sixth event. We have a two-year membership. We're going to go to a karaoke event the week between Christmas and New Year's. We went to one event last month and we're going to one event this month. He's got a couple of single friends that were wondering about Events and Adventures and I suggested to have each of them be our date so they can see what it's like.

I like that there's variety with Events and Adventures and that the activities are all over the state. That's really accessible and cool and I was excited about that. The one comment I have that is common with people that have signed up with this program is the event calendar comes out on the 15th of the month and if you sign up after the 15th, you're really blocked out of your first month. You can't get to a lot of events that you want to because the calendar has been out for over two weeks. That's the one disappointing thing and leaves a bad impression. You're waiting to go to your first event for a couple of weeks so it would be good to curb that expectation like, "Hey, you're going to be locked out." Maybe they can have the membership start on a different day too.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

I moved up to the Bay Area almost four years ago and through different things and situations, I've found myself without friends here doing stuff. I figured it would be best to make memories with people that are in the same boat as I am. So, I looked Events and Adventures up, gave them a call, had the interview, and I found that what they have to offer is what I needed at the time.

The day that I had my interview was the same day I was at my first event. It was three hours later. The person I interviewed with, Teresa, was amazing to get me on with that event. She just signed me up for it right away, and it was kickball. When I got there, I was excited because I loved their process of doing background checks on people. I went there with my wall down, so I was excited. I met a lot of new people in my first event and it hasn't stopped since. I went the next night to another event. I'm going to a lot of events every month. I like the activities where we're active. We go to archery. We play pool and kickball. I do like some of the dining events that we have.

We went to this place called the Emporium in San Francisco about two and a half months ago. Being that we're still in the middle of a pandemic, I found that the place was not wiping down the gaming machines and half the games were broken. They weren't even functioning. So, I asked Events and Adventures, “Do you guys ever research your places before scheduling them?” They said, “Yeah, but it was done before the pandemic,” which is not healthy. I'm hoping that my feedback and my questions has started them to double-check locations if they were prior to the pandemic. I was really not comfortable where we were.

Other than that, most events have been okay. I just find that they are doing the same events every month. There's a lot of repeat events as opposed to new and fresh idea events. I found that because of 2020 and everything shutting down, a lot of the international travel is rolled over. So, anyone who had signed up had already rolled over into this year. Then some of the activities that they have hasn't been my cup of tea as far as I can't go whitewater rafting. I have limitations physically. So, if they did a Vegas trip where there was nothing but good food and shows and gambling, I'm down with it. I appreciate that they have more outdoor activities included in the packages that they have. But I'm still looking every time that there is something new for travel that I could do. I would definitely sign up because one of the biggest selling points for me was the travel.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

At first, you're worried, frightened and nervous. Then you get out, start talking with people and you get used to it. It's a little different being exposed in a group of people and never being exposed. Some people are used to having all their business out in the open and the people are great. But it's a different style, which I'm getting used to. Usually, I date somebody and then, it's over and you never meet them again. Events and Adventures is teaching you a different approach to dating as well as far as not being enemies or friends. You stay a friend but it's different. I've not done it this way ever but it's been fun and amazing, and I've had nothing but great experiences since then. Other than that, I'm growing and learning.

When there are events that are going on way over in Littleton and it's full, I would volunteer one or two days a week to do it near my part of town. When they're doing whirly ball on a Wednesday and it's packed, and that's a 45-minute drive for me, I wish I would have had a volleyball game on this side of town, where there may be more people. So far, I've had one massive event at my house and that was not through the Events and Adventures. It was after I've gotten to know these people and I invited them over. I would recommend making it more accessible to more groups and exploring it through others. Halfway through the month, I want to do something and there are no openings. And even on the openings, people don't call.

I did E&A in Minneapolis as well as here in Denver and in Minneapolis, even though there was no room, they made room. Because of all the new people coming in and all the other scenarios popping up as far as full house, it should be more accessible to everybody. I would ask to be asked. They could say they’ve got three events today and they're all full, but maybe they can throw another one in there and I can do it a Tuesday. It's almost like asking somebody to be a host on a certain day a week, even just one or two. I've heard some of the perks of it but I haven't been offered it or asked it. Some days, I would like to be doing things and it's packed.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

Events and Adventures seemed to target single people for events. That's why I joined. I went to join some of their social functions. A couple of online discussion sessions, and a couple of dinners and drinks. I was fairly satisfied. But I wish it is made easier to see when the deadline for cancellation is.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

I'm 52, and everyone's under 30. I felt a little misled that it was a different type of crowd that I was looking to get involved in. But I signed a contract, and it is what it is.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2022

The first couple events I went to were straightforward and decent. Overall, it's good.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2022

My first adventure was bingo at a Chinese-Polynesian restaurant and I had a good time. The people at my table were really nice. They had been there within the club for several months, some for a year. I was brand-new and they welcomed me. This is also my favorite event so far. I liked it because I met so many people more like me, professionals who were of a certain age. They're so busy with work life but they wanted to come out and do something fun and entertaining and just breathe a little bit.

I have another adventure where I'm going to the King Tut exhibit and I'm very excited about that. I do wish that E&A had more events for people 40 and up. Also, the cost is really high for membership so I feel like there should be a discount for women. Every event that I've gone to has more women than men. They should have more incentives. But I have enjoyed my time and it's only been a few months. I do not think I'm going to continue after this year, though. There aren't enough events for me to want to partake in. A lot of the good events are during the week and I am very busy.

I also hate their website. They should pay a web designer and it doesn't allow me to be notified that I'm off the waitlist and they automatically charge for the next adventure once the waitlist is open. I don't really have much choice and I don't like that. Also, when you sign up for events, they don't always contact you to remind you of them but some of them do. I don't understand that.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

My only gripe with E&A is the way that it was pitched to me during the initial meeting was that there were going to be more discounts on events. But I'm looking at different prices and I’m like, “Is this the same price as just somebody walking in?” It is a little on the expensive side but I kind of understand why and I see the benefit to it so I don't mind paying it. Other than that, it's been great so far. I've recommended E&A to friends.

Events and Adventures Company Information