Call toll free
  • 1 star
Based on 265 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Call toll free

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Events and Adventures is more than just a social club -- it’s a way to experience new adventures while making new friends. We are located in Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Minneapolis, Phoenix, San Francisco, Santa Clara, and Vancouver BC.

Events & Adventures is a safe, invitation-only network of people with a common thread: to get out and meet new people. With 30-50 local events each month, you’ll easily be able to find events you’re interested in meet people with common interests. Whether it's horseback riding, skydiving, wine tasting or just a casual hangout! Visit us online to learn more about how you can get the ball rolling.

Events and Adventures Gallery (10)
BBBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 11, 2018

917 Events and Adventures Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I'm a new member to E&A, but I've generally had a great time so far. I've read a lot of reviews about E&A being expensive, and frankly, it is (but I was also expecting this ahead of time). There was a little bit of a sales tactic to join, but again, expected. The administration side of the business being for-profit shows, but to me, it's more about what you get out of it.

There are tons of events, some big, some small. I can't attend as much as I would like, but I still get to enjoy the events on weekends. Again, you get out what you put in. Some events are just free meetups at a bar, you pay for your drinks, that's to be expected. The large events are additional cost, which I admit get to be expensive, and do wish more was included (IE alcohol on a booze cruise).

There's a rather eclectic variety of people in the group; this is true everywhere you go, and there's exposure to people in the group that I believe you otherwise wouldn't necessarily meet (you're getting out of your comfort zone after all). The great thing is that everyone is very welcoming. This isn't like online dating or trying to meet someone at the bar, where the Seattle Freeze is real.

Getting out is expensive, period. I joined E&A to try new things and be social. The business is a business, and they're event planners first and foremost. I've had the opportunity to try things and meet people I otherwise wouldn't. If I had more free time (a luxury to me lately), I could save myself money and plan more for myself. TL;DR - you get what you put in, it's not for everybody, make your own choices for yourself and nobody else.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

Events & Adventures is a lot of fun! The members are smart and quirky – perfect for Seattle! We encompass a wide variety of professions in Western Washington. When I was a new member, the idea of walking in and knowing no one felt intimidating to me, but everyone was really warm and welcoming! I’ve made some amazing friends here.

Our event manager, Tayler plans truly wonderful events! She puts so much effort into making sure the details are just right. She goes above and beyond, always on-call for any questions or concerns that members have. She makes sure to plan each month’s events in such a way that there’s always something for everyone: outdoor adventuring (year-round), and indoor fun. Everything from skydiving (indoor & outdoor), to book clubs, bowling, trivia night, and karaoke. Don’t forget the river float trips! This is a group of people who are a blast, having fun doing events that are planned perfectly!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I had a lot of friends that had recently got married and I didn't have a ton of single friends. I was looking for people to do things with, so I thought I would check out Events & Adventures. My first event was a mix and mingle thing.Going to a new place and not really knowing anything made me wonder what's going on, but it was fine. They gave me the address and said we were playing board games. I’ve already attended six to eight events. I really enjoyed the St. Mary's Glacier hike. I also did the trailer top cooking class. They have a mixture of things, like Bad Axe Throwing where you throw axes at targets, and that sounded like fun. But I've been super busy so I haven't been able to go to as many events as I would like.

Events & Adventures is officially in Denver and they're still growing. If anyone's looking for a romantic partner, it’s definitely something that's worth checking out. I haven't found people that I'm super attracted to yet, but I've made a couple of connections although a bit sporadic. Overall, I've enjoyed my experience with Events & Adventures. I really like the club.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

I met some people since joining Events and Adventures. And it's a fun thing to do. I read something about the club in the paper and the events and adventures part caught my interest. I've joined 10 events so far and the Cirque Du Soleil was my favorite. I have two events this month that I signed up for before Christmas.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

E&A was exactly what I was looking for: a place to establish a new social circle with the possibility of romance if things click. They don't do anything to set up matchmaking or otherwise push the romance angle which keeps things natural and fun. I've greatly enjoyed the variety and quality of events they come up with, especially with their newest event coordinator Taylor. They do it all: everything from hikes, skydiving, Broadway plays, escape rooms, arcades, pub-crawls and sporting events. I feel like there is always something worth experiencing going on. And, because you keep running into the same people you really get to know each other, which is what it's all about. My favorite event so far was this last New Year Eve party which was a masquerade party on a yacht on Lake Union; total blast! If your priority is forming new authentic connections with people, there is no better way.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Events and Adventures?

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

The variety of events from Events and Adventures appealed to me the most. On my first event with them, I knew that I was going to meet people in a semi-organized way. It was a charity event where they had an area for adults to go and meet. As soon as we checked in, I knew exactly where I was to go holing. But as I showed up, people are immediately welcoming and I felt comfortable. I've attended five events so far and I liked them all. We did a dinner and that was my favorite. It nice and it was a little easier to visit with the people around me. I'm signed up for three more things.

I'd be encouraging my friends for Events and Adventures. I'm still pretty new at it but I've certainly enjoyed. It's a great setup and I like that everybody's single. It's about the events and about meeting people. Then, the rest of it happens as it happens. For people that aren't necessarily trained to get set up with one specific person, it's a great thing.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I got interested in the different activities that Events and Adventures offered because I was going to move to Chicago and I don't know many people. I was pretty confident that I would meet new people and most likely have fun meeting interesting people. I liked the interview process in which they talk to every person that would come in. So I knew that they have a good selection of people. When I got to my first event, I felt good and I wasn't surprised or disappointed at all. I've attended over 10 events so far. I did the Christkindlmarket, a Mixology class, and I went to Thanksgiving dinner and there they had a treasure hunt. I also had a Goose Island Brewery visit. But my favorite was the boat cruise that they had for Air & Water Show. I have made new friends through them.

But sometimes the events were not as well planned out as we would've liked. And they could work on that. But other than that, if a person is new to town or if he wanted to meet new people and then build a different network, or if he wanted to discover activities and not fond of searching for what to do on his own, Events and Adventures is definitely a good way to do so.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

If you got the money, you don't know where to go, and you're tired of staying inside, then try out Events and Adventures. I've been a member since April and I felt nervous before arriving on my first event, not knowing if it was going to be worth my time. I was mostly in it to find some other people but I also have gone out and done normal stuff like going out to bars and occasionally doing some things out of the ordinary. Eventually, I have settled in and made some friends. I seem to have paid full price for a lot of events and may not have gotten any deals like advertised, but I have gone to about six events per month. My favorites were mostly the house parties and I've also done a couple of escape rooms.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

When I was searching for another event, I saw Events & Adventures was hosting one at the place that I wanted to go to. Events & Adventures was a singles club for people like me. I was nervous to go to the first event and I wasn't sure what to expect. But the host made it very easy to get to know other people. I’ve been with them since the end of June and attended 20 events. I've been to Whirlyball, a couple of the volleyball events, TopGolf and anything related to sports. I went to any of the social events like trivia and a bar social that was like, "Come in happy hour" type thing. I enjoyed the event that they had at the horse park over the summer and I'm excited and looking forward to the New Year's party that they're having. Events & Adventures is a great way to meet new people or to get to know more about the city if you’re new to it.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

The 2017 NYE Bash on a private Lake Union charter was a ton of fun for new members and old. Very fun to get all dressed up for a masquerade ball. The fireworks on Lake Union were amazing! Wonderful raffle prizes were given out. Private Dj, catered event, & of course bubbly at midnight! Great way to ring in the NY's with friends.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Events & Adventures did events all the time and I wanted to do things around town and get out of the house. I’ve met friendly people and attended a lot of events. I was a little nervous before I arrived at my first event but that changed once I met people and found out where I was going. I like doing wallyball and some comedy events. Their New Year’s Eve party is always fun as well. I'd tell my friends that Events & Adventures is really good if they're looking to meet different people and do different things they wouldn’t do on their own or within their own little circle of friends.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

I would always be nervous going into a big group not knowing anybody and that's how my first event was. But the new member social thing worked out right because I got to meet a lot of people. Now I do two to six events a month. I have done several football watching parties and I have actually gone to a live game, the Rockies professional baseball. I'm also going to the professional basketball game in January, the Denver Nuggets. I have also done quite a few hikes and my favorite event was going to be skydiving, except the weather didn’t cooperate. Then on the make-up day, I was out-of-town so I'm going to have to go back in the spring and do it. The Denver Club is going up in the mountains for skiing next and I'm going to do it too.

Every month, they also try to do a different dinner somewhere and the one that I went to was Gordon Biersch. Then there was the winter party last night which was the Christmas party for the Denver Club. I have also been to the botanic gardens and the city jazz in the park in Denver. I live up a little bit farther north in Colorado and people up here don't go into Denver. Events and Adventures is a great way to get out and do things that you normally wouldn't do and to meet a lot of new people of all ages. I would love to meet somebody, but if I don't, it's no big deal.

I'm very pleased with Events and Adventures. It's not cheap but I like it because it forces me to get out and do stuff, plus it keeps people who are really cheap out. I don't mean they don’t have money but people who are cheap and don't want to do fun things that keep them alive. I look at it like a membership to a country club. I paid it all upfront and it's well worth the price as long as you take advantage of it.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

One of my married friends recommended Events & Adventures to me because I wasn’t getting out of the house as I work a lot. I'm an outdoor person and I like that they had scheduled events that I could join if my schedule allowed. I signed up for four events, two of which have been canceled because of not enough people signing up and the other two I went to. I signed up for San Francisco Events & Adventures but it is really the entire Bay Area. So, there's a lot of driving involved in order to participate in the event and the events that are actually in the city are between five and seven.

Events & Adventures is a great concept but it needs a bit of work in order to make it work. They con you into signing up and they won't show you the calendar until they've screened you with this TV process. There were some people that were socially awkward at some of these events that I went to and that was fine as they probably had a harder time meeting somebody. But Events & Adventures make it seem special and then you get in and they take your money and you have to sign up for a year or two. I did the two-year sign-up and now I don’t think I'm going to use it that often because they canceled happy events that I've signed up for. I met a girl that seemed very fun and she told me she was going to the bingo night over in Mission. I was trying to meet up with her again so we could hang out, and Events & Adventures canceled the event. I'm not desperate as I have a ton of friends but I wanted to do more stuff in my neighborhood.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

I've heard about Events & Adventures for quite awhile. I just thought that I had nothing else better to do so I might as well get out and do other things with other people. I was happy and excited when I went to my first event and since then, I've been to a total of six events. My favorite was the the virtual reality event. Other events I've been to was like American Gladiator which is an obstacle course and a movie. There were a couple of historic ones as well. I went to the science museum, the Ramsey House and the Doomsday Hellhouse. I like that I was able to get out and have some fun without worrying about it too much. I’ve also met people through them but it was more of like a “Hi” and “Bye” kind of thing. Other than that, I have recommended E&A.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

I was really nervous when I first attended an event of Events & Adventures, and for anyone who would make quick judgments, they probably wouldn’t return. It was an odd experience. I’ve met a couple of people but not anyone that I’ve spent time with outside of E&A. There’s a core group and then there are newbies trying to figure out what the heck they’re doing and also trying to break into the core group. You’re not necessarily paying for friends. You’re paying for an experience but you’re also trying to have an experience with other people.

I have attended about five or more events and my favorite was Pocket Sandwich Theatre, which was a popcorn theater thing. I ended up sitting by myself, and I had more fun interacting with one of the actors in the play that we were watching and not one person from the E&A group said a word to me. So, while it was a fantastic activity, it was a really difficult social experience. I have recommended E&A to other people, but the majority of that reasoning is because of different experiences, just different events that we talk about doing but we don’t ever really do.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

Events & Adventures offers the chance to get out, do fun things and make new friends. I felt a little nervous because I didn’t know anybody yet but it was a lot of fun first hand. I did seven events last week, three this week and my favorite is the ZooLights. I usually take night walks anyway, so it is nice to be able to walk with other people. I went to the Star Wars trivia, and then to the Star Wars movie. I also went to the game night at the club house, and a couple of clubs. Although I have lived in Houston my whole life, I got to know some of the areas around it and it was nice.

I have enjoyed my experiences so far and it has been a lot of fun. I made new friends, which is a big bonus because after my ex and I split up, I realized that we had all the same friends, so I didn’t have friends who were not friends with him and then telling him everything I have said or done. I’m scheduled to do the New Year’s Eve trip as well as to go to an 80's dance club because I love dancing. I signed up for the trip to Europe in September, made my first down payment, and I’m excited. I’m going to sign up for some of the camping trips too and I have already recommended Events & Adventures.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I like Events & Adventures' different approaches to dating and finding someone. On my first event, I was a little nervous, but it changed pretty much instantly. It felt like a friendly atmosphere as everybody was talking to each other. It was an archery class which was pretty cool. I work a lot so, I don’t have the chance to go to some of those out of the country or long distance trips. But I've been to about 20 events already and the themed parties were pretty fun like the Halloween party and the one for Valentine’s Day. I have another one coming up for the New Year’s Eve. I’ve also gone to Trivia Nights and movies and as I go to more and more events, I see more of the same familiar faces. I've also met someone but unfortunately, it didn’t work out for us. But overall, it's been a good and pretty fun experience with Events & Adventures. There's a good variety of events and everything is managed pretty well. I would definitely recommend Events & Adventures.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I thought it would be fun doing stuff that usually you won’t do. At first, I was worried that I wouldn't like it but I've been with Events and Adventures for a year and a half and I usually go to an event about once a week. We had done water jet packs and that was cool. There's a book club and there's also series of dinners around the world kind of thing where they do different ethnic cuisine. There's also skiing, and shooting, and a volleyball club that meets every week. We also have mingle events. I found a bunch of new friends and I’ve gone on a few dates but I just haven’t found a significant other. Events and Adventures is expensive but they run specials every once in a while so I renewed my membership. They did a deal for Black Friday that was less than half of the cost I paid originally, which was full price so I recommend to find a deal.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I've been a member of E&A for about 8 years, and I can honestly say that joining is one of the best decisions I've ever made. Yes, it's a lot of money, but for me it's definitely been worth it. Since I joined, I've done things I never thought I'd try, like paragliding. Also, although I've always lived in the Lower Mainland, I've discovered places and activities that I never even knew existed, like Wildplay treetop trekking (basically an obstacle course in the trees).

Although some events are repeated, I'm still finding new experiences on the calendars. Most importantly, I've met a lot of great people who I never would have met otherwise. Even the less exciting events (like dinners/minglers) are a lot of fun because of the people who attend. I've made great friends with similar interests so now, besides going to events, I can do activities I enjoy with the friends I've made from the group. Overall, I'd recommend E&A for anyone looking to try new things and make new friends. All the planning's done for you, so all you have to do is sign up and show up!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

It's almost been a year since I was signed up and aside from a few bumps in the road (all a part of the adventure) it has been the best new years resolution I have ever made and kept. So many activities I didn't even know existed and meeting people I would have never come across any other way. I'm not highly involved in many events as my location is a bit of a factor, however it gets me motivated to be out either way. When you try new things and get out of your comfort zone, you truly can create a life you love and live it! Events and Adventures can and definitely has helped me do it!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I've been a member for over a year now and have had many, many wonderful adventures and made so many new friends. I've gone white water rafting, scuba diving, hiking, biking, swam in a Onesie, had a water fight on a lazy river and had so much more fun. I suggest giving the group a chance and go with an open mind and you will have the time of your life.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I just moved in the area so I joined Events and Adventures to meet people. Before arriving to my first event, I felt nervous but excited and once I arrived, I felt more comfortable. So far, I have attended about 10 events. We went to a dinner and comedy show and that was fun. Everybody has been incredibly welcoming and not at all judgmental. Also, no matter where you are going, it has been vetted so there's a zero sketch factor whatsoever. However, it's not the place to go if you are looking to meet your future husband or wife. The best way to enter it is if you want to go and meet lots of different people and have lots of things to do and maybe there is a chance that you could end up dating and you will have a good time.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

Events & Adventures is a club exclusively for singles, so there’s a chance to socialize with people from the opposite sex. My events were a learning time for me to be able to socialize because I didn’t really know a lot of people, which is true for any new group that you join. Having the right mindset helped as I was not trying to speed into anything. But the people were quite sociable in general, and once I attended four or five events, I started seeing familiar faces. I met two or three interesting people along the way and I definitely made a few new friends. I also like the activities that they offered.

I enjoyed the trips that included us not actually driving ourselves but having a ferry ride, a bus trip or a camping trip. I also participated in river tubing, an escape room and mingle dinners. We also have game nights and some very specific events like karaoke and roller skating. There was also the Nutcracker performance, candle-making and parachuting. I have attended about 20 events so far, and I have about seven upcoming trips planned. Events & Adventures is a good place for outdoor activities too. We just need to know what it is that we are looking for. For most people, it would really be handy to have an app because the usage factor has really shifted in the last seven to eight years since the iPhone came out, and mobile phones are being used more than desktop computer nowadays. People can do a makeshift thing if they're already added on Facebook as sharing in media and more streamlining will be quite helpful.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

Events & Adventures communicated with me what to expect and how everything looked, so I understood what the protocol was on my first event. I didn't know anybody the first time, so it was little weird but things got better the more I got involved. I've been with Events & Adventures for over a year and I've joined some athletic events, happy hours, sporting events, as well as general holiday things. Unfortunately, sometimes there's nothing I'm interested in when I look at the calendar. The calendar can't be changed once it's already there so it can be hit or miss. But Events & Adventures is perfect for someone in a new place and looking for something different to do or want to meet some new people. And there's not a lot of pressure to do anything with them, so that's always good.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

I started a little less than a month ago and I was excited for my first event because I like to meet new people. I kept an open mind and I wasn't quite sure what to expect or how it was going to look like because I had never experienced it before but it went great and the people were super nice. I've been to three events so far and they have all been great. I most definitely liked the German Christmas night market in Vancouver and the game night was really good too. But my favorite would be the brunch. I got to sit down, eat food and talk with people.

I talked with everybody so I'm easy to get along with. It was comfortable to be with the people who were there. You get to meet other cool people in person rather than online which sucks. I liked the fact that the club meets in person and in a public space with big group gatherings. If you happened to click with somebody, then great. If not, it's still having a good time and hanging out with friends. Also, you get to do different activities that's not awkward. Events and Adventures is definitely a place that I want to keep in touch with for sure. I've been so busy with work but I have been trying to go every Saturday.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

I've had an interesting experience with Events & Adventures and I might do it again. At my first event, I was anxious and nervous about how it was going to go down, but it got more fun because we went bowling a few months ago. Joining Events & Adventures is a fun opportunity to go out of your inner circle and to try something new to meet different people.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

I have been with Events & Adventures for five months. So far, I've attended just under ten events and my favorite has been the bar crawl. I've also attended a bonfire, a Korean barbeque, and a trip to the zoo. I wanted to try something new and at first, I was a little overwhelmed because of the event's location but I've even made quite a few friends eventually. I'd tell my friends to give Events & Adventures a try and come to one of the events since I can bring a friend at least twice. And if they enjoy it, then join up as well.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

It's been two months since I joined Events & Adventures and I've attended a couple of events, with the volleyball being my favorite. I've also joined the wine tasting, and I signed up to go to Machu Picchu, so I'm excited.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

Events and Adventures is an organization that is very well put together and is designed for great fun. And I have had fun. I was interested that with Events and Adventures, I would meet healthy people that aren’t going to be abusive to me. I felt that kind of environment would be good for me. And I need to get out and do stuff, too. I’m introverted so every time I've gone to an event, I’ve had fear. But it doesn’t have anything to do with the events themselves. They are very well put together, and how the website communicates is all wonderful. I went to five events right away and the hiking trip up in the Garden of the Gods was my favorite. The bowling activity was really cool. It was for new people and they have karaoke and afterward. And then I did a brunch and its setting was nice because I got to talk to people there.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

I just moved into the city from the suburbs and I'm trying to meet some people and find some things to do, and Events & Adventures has been good and I've enjoyed it. I was a little nervous before arriving at my event because I didn't know anybody. I was also excited and had the normal feelings you'd have before going and joining something for the first time, that new guy feeling. You don't know how it's going to go and how you are going to feel. When I arrived, I felt welcome and the people were friendly so it was a positive experience. There are plenty of events and I've been in for almost half a year now so on average, from my first day, I have done about one or two activities. I've done a few dozen at this point. There was a party bus club and that was a fun one. We're trying to formally socialize with people and any one of the rooftop mingles are fun, where you're mingling and talking with people. I enjoy those.

We also went to a Cubs game and it was in Milwaukie, ironically, but that was fun for that day. Some of the games are nice and fun. I also enjoy things like hiking. We have so many outdoor things. The actual events and the experience going are fun. And people are starting to agree that it's really a matter of what you put into it yourself. If you sign up, you got to go to events so that's the big thing right there. I've enjoyed doing that and has gotten the most of the stuff when I'm going to events. In terms of things, they could certainly enhance the profit by making a mobile app and that's what people have requested a few times. Overall, it's a positive experience. They do a very good job finding things and they take feedback from members in terms of things we can do. I had some inputs on one of the events that is coming up in January, or at least influenced that one, so I'm happy to see that. And I signed up for it.

Events and Adventures Company Information

425-732-2501
www.eventsandadventures.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use