Call toll free
3.98/5

Events and Adventures

Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Minneapolis, Phoenix, San Francisco, Santa Clara, and Vancouver BC

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Events and Adventures is more than just a social club -- it’s a way to experience new adventures while making new friends. We are located in Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Minneapolis, Phoenix, San Francisco, Santa Clara, Seattle and Vancouver, BC.

Events & Adventures is a safe, invitation-only network of people with a common thread: to get out and meet new people. With 30-50 local events each month, you’ll easily be able to find events you’re interested in meet people with common interests. Whether it's horseback riding, skydiving, wine tasting or just a casual hangout! Visit us online to learn more about how you can get the ball rolling.

Events and Adventures Gallery (10)
A-BBB Rating
View More View More

1267 Events and Adventures Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: April 17, 2019

Everything looks fun at Events & Adventures. I met their people in person and they're evaluating me as a person to see if I'm fit for the club.

Get expert buying tips about Matchmaking Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I don't actively go out and meet people and Events and Adventures was a way to make myself wanna do it. I wanted to give myself a reason to get the heck out of my house. I have attended two of their events. I attended an introductory meet-up but I had my son that day so I didn't get to finish up the entire rest of it. I liked the avalanche game more. I have one event signed up this month but since I work swing shift, 90% of the items available are not available during the time that I am. It would be really nice to see that some events were midday or early morning, or over breakfast or brunch. Even the night shift people would still be able to take advantage of this group.

Original review: April 10, 2019

Events & Adventures' going out and doing stuff with other people appealed to me, and I have been to 10 of their events. All of their events were fun, and my favorite ones were archery, dodgeball, bachata, and the art walk. I had a bad experience at one, but it wasn't an official one.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I got interested with Events & Adventures because I like the idea of getting to go do things at a discounted rate. I felt nervous but everybody was really nice at the first event. I've only been at two things and my favorite is the basketball event.

Original review: April 3, 2019

It sounded like Events and Adventures had interesting things to do that I wasn’t able to find on my own, so I was interested in joining the club. I’ve done a lot of the bar events that they’ve had and I liked the Howl at the Moon event. Before I arrived at my first event, I didn’t know anybody. I was with the group but nobody was talking to me. Then the host came up and talked to me. He got me introduced and that helped a lot. At Events and Adventures, they are welcoming. They help break the ice and that’s what I have trouble with. The Saturday and Sunday schedules, though, seem to be focused on skiing and I don’t ski. But since joining the club I’ve been on a few dates.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Events and Adventures?

Original review: April 1, 2019

Events and Adventures was a way that I could somewhat get back on the dating scene, but have stuff pre-planned. It is a great program. The first event I went to was fine and I have attended two events so far. I enjoyed myself in the bowling social night and there was also a game night once. I have signed up for two others but I had to cancel at the last minute because of work. I have such a busy lifestyle being a medical so I have been a little skittish about signing back up because I understand not wanting to cancel at the last minute because it impairs others. It is kinda hard for people who are professionally driven to be able to cancel in a reasonable-like manner. So, I have not planned anything for at least two months but it is not out of lack of interest or the program itself. Despite that, Events and Adventures is great and I enjoy it. I recommend them to anyone who has a reasonably flexible schedule.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I recently got a divorce, so I was looking to meet new people and I was interested in joining the Events and Adventures club. The first event that I went to was a trivia event. It was awkward when I was arriving to the event, but I I felt better upon leaving because I had met a couple of people and exchanged numbers with some friends. So far, I’ve only done two events. Aside from the trivia event, I also went go-karting and it was a lot of fun. But once my membership is up, I won’t renew because it’s pricey. Also, if they are looking for recommendations, one thing that would be amazing is if they could have an app. On the phone, the web client is horrible and I was not liking it. A bunch of people at the go-karting event said that using the website of Events and Adventures on the phone is terrible and really bad. Still, I’ve already recommended Events and Adventures to a friend.

Original review: March 28, 2019

A friend of mine found Events & Adventures on the internet and signed me up for it, unknowingly. My first event was axe-throwing. It was exciting to do something new and outside of the box for me as far as having been recently divorced. Walking into a room of not knowing anybody was a new experience. I enjoyed the axe-throwing and I was strangely good at it.

I’m almost 50, and Events & Adventures has a younger demographic than what I had anticipated. I was led to believe that it was 30 to 60-year-olds. Also, it’s not in my neighborhood, so it’s a lot of work to actually go to the events. I was told it was in the Chicagoland area, but it’s really like Chicago proper and the Western suburbs. Every single thing is a big commute. But that’s not the club’s fault. Had I been in charge of signing myself up, I would've chosen something in my neighborhood.

Original review: March 27, 2019

My friend told me about Events and Adventure and it got me interested that I can find people to do stuff with. I have attended two of their events which were both hikes and I liked the event in Boulder better. However, I probably wouldn't recommend Events and Adventure because it is a little too expensive and a kind of a rip-off.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I heard about Events and Adventures from friends and since joining, I’ve been to five events. My first was archery and the last event that I went to was a movie. I liked the axe-throwing event and it was probably my favorite. I was interested in meeting other singles and I’ve made friends a little bit but Events and Adventures is not necessary for everybody. Some events didn't have even opportunity to talk to other people because it was quick. It was over and done with and everybody left.

Original review: March 21, 2019

My daughter told me about Events and Adventures and I was interested in meeting more single people. Right away after joining, I went to about four events. I went to a dinner, a dance, an arcade and a pool game which was my favorite. I stopped going, though, because the format is not very conducive to how I like to do things. Events and Adventures told me that they do 30 events a month which they do but they fill up right away and then I’m put on a wait list. What people do is they create and sign up for everything and if I don't do that, then I’m put on a wait list. Being on a wait list, I don't know if I should keep that even in open or not. So, I would end up pulling myself off a wait list because I'd rather make plans. Now, I'm wishing I wouldn't have paid for it. I paid two years in advance for $2500 and I'm stuck.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I recently divorced and a friend said that she joined Events & Adventures a few months earlier. She said everybody was over 50 which was my demographic. But I was shocked upon arriving at my first event which was a walk around the park. Everybody was under 30 with an exception of three other women who were about my age. One of these women joined Events & Adventures a couple of months before me and she said that the demographic was horrible. She wasn't gonna meet anybody there.

I'm enjoying the events and I attended six events. After the first several events though, I knew that I wasn't gonna meet anybody. I'm just going to the events to find joy. There have been a couple of older guys but they should shower before they come. I'm glad that I only have a six-month membership. On the whole, I'm a little disappointed because when I was having my little interview to join, the fellow was saying that there were lots of people my age. I should've had him clarify about the women my age. I would not be recommending Events and Adventures to any of my friends who are my age.

Also, I like to do volunteer work and I had one volunteer session at the Salvation Army downtown which was great. I think Events and Adventures should do that on a monthly regular basis. It just seems so self-involved to be doing all these other things when the Salvation Army desperately needs help. The experience was really enjoyable and they did a tour afterward.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I was interested in meeting other single people since I lost my husband. All my friends are married and I'm a retired teacher. I've enjoyed my experience with Events & Adventures so far, although I just can't do a lot during the week. If I work, it is too hard for me. I just work on the side. Some days I work and some days I don't, so it would be nice if they had some things during the day. It would have a bit of a crowd. I was okay with my first event with Events & Adventures. It was the first-timers and it was rather noisy. I met a lot of people and it was kinda overwhelming. I'm going to places that I would never go on my own and places I didn't even know existed in Houston.

I've been to the Wolf Sanctuary to volunteer and I've also been to the St. Patrick's Day party. I've been on a hike and at the trivia night. I went to a cycle class and it was fun, as well as the game night out in the garage where they had a certain game they played. I've attended less than 10 events and trips so far and my favorite was the game night. I like a smaller crowd, it is not so noisy. I've also done Bingo and I loved that. It was fun.

I've met some girls and I tried to meet with them again, but they were not around. I met one girl this past time and I really liked her. We went to Griglia, the Italian restaurant, but it was full. She had invited a friend that is not a member and we kinda crashed the party. We got our own table and our reservation. I like them and we are supposed to try to meet once a month. I've met friends but not anybody I'm doing outside of the E&A except for that lady. I also met a guy that I'm texting back and forth with.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I had just moved back to the area and I didn’t know a lot of people my own age. I was looking to utilize Events and Adventures as a stepping stone to build some connection throughout the Chicago land area. I was a little nervous at my first event but I've already been to 3 events now. I really enjoyed the pottery class last week. I wasn’t very effective at it, but it was nice to try something new. I also went to a dinner and to a wallyball game. I've got a couple of things next week as well. I live far out so it takes a little bit of time to get everywhere and I wanted to make sure that it was gonna be worth the amount of money that I'm paying for. And so far, it's been good. I've made some good acquaintances and I'm gonna see where everything goes from there.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I like to travel around and try to meet new people. I joined Events and Adventures and I felt awkward attending my first event but I got the feel of it after a couple of the events. Sometimes I feel awkward in some of these things, but I worked it out. I met a couple of guy friends and I've done two things with a couple of them. There are also others from some of the other things and we're going out in a couple of days, but nothing’s really clicked. I've already attended more than 30 events and I would like to join the trips but some of them are just out of my price range. My favorite event so far is the glassblowing. Last night was game night where people brought their own board games at this one place and they sat around and played. I won three times last night, so I was happy.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I’ve been divorced for three years and I don’t have that many single friends. I had friends that told me about Events and Adventures. It was a way to increase my circle of single friends. I was very scared and apprehensive at my first event. I didn’t know what it was gonna be like to walk up to a group that I didn’t know. But the event was wonderful because as soon as I walked up and saw everyone, one smiled and greeted me. The host made sure that I felt welcomed, so it was great.

There was a new member icebreaker where all the new members got together. Then after that, we had a games night, and it was the new members and some existing members came. That was a way to get all of the newbies acclimated and meet other people that just started. I’ve attended about five events and I’ve seen people multiple times and I’m starting to learn names. Overall, Events and Adventures is a great thing. I’ve really been enjoying it and I’m really glad that I joined.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I was new to Chicago and I didn’t know a whole lot of people. I worked in the building industry and I had no interest in hanging out for contractors every evening. My first event with Events and Adventures went fine. And I’ve attended about 10 of their events. They’re big into meeting in the parks that don’t cost anything, and that depends on who they’re appealing to. There was also drinking in these events. But I don’t go drinking with anybody and I don’t need a professional organization to arrange a drink.

I lived in Chicago in the past and there was a group back then who paid people to do their job. But with E & A, it seems to be almost driven by the volunteers. They want to charge money, but they go on the cheap. Chicago has a healthy theatre in our city, but I don’t see a whole lot of events going to the theatre. It could be an Off-Broadway. It doesn’t have to be the Goodman Theatre and it doesn’t have to be a $135 a night tickets. There's a lot of smaller productions that they can research. Plus it goes back to the fact that they don’t have people to lead.

In the winter months of November to March, the events are going out for dinner either every other Friday or every other Saturdays. Chicago is a great city for food and it’s cold, and there isn't a lot to do outside. They don't have activities outside because somebody doesn’t wanna do that sort of stuff and they’re cheap and lazy from that perspective. They could definitely be doing stuff that they wouldn't want to.

Original review: March 12, 2019

Looking at Events and Adventures, I initially liked the events thing and the planning that they did for you. I have a big group of friends but none of them really seem to have this common interest. I could never get a party together to go and do the same thing. But with Events and Adventures, I was gonna meet people of similar interest and make new friends. For my first event, being nervous was a natural feeling. You show up by yourself and you don’t know anybody. But when I got there, the icebreaker thing was wonderful and it really did its job.

I've done a handful of events so far. I met a lot of people who I get together and hang out with on nights. My membership is coming up soon and I haven’t really decided if I’m gonna sign up again for another membership or let it expire. It's just a money thing for me right now. Of the events I've been to, I love the water rafting. I had never done that before. I couldn’t get a group of friends to go, so I was like, “Let’s go water rafting with a bunch of strangers.” And it was so much fun. But there were a couple of things that I paid for that I was disappointed with. It wasn't a whole lot, though. Also, I talk about the group at Events and Adventures to all of my friends all the time and they were starting to miss me. Some of my friends are single and I tell them to come and join me.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I like to be active and outdoors and Events & Adventures sounded like it would be a great way to meet new people. I was nervous about going to my first event but it was very comfortable after I got there. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming and wanted to get to know you. So it was really easy to get to know people and start to make connections.

I have gone to about five or six events and I really enjoyed the dancing lessons that they've done. Those have been a lot of fun. I also enjoy the ones where I get to interact with people a little bit more than just drinking and socializing and the card games and stuff like that. So far, it has been good. It has just been a matter of finding activities I'm interested in that works with my schedule. But they have a lot. Somebody who's considering joining needs to be willing to put themselves out there to get the most out of it versus just being passive and letting it happen. You kinda have to be willing to step out of your comfort zone.

Original review: March 10, 2019

For a couple of times, the events had been a little disorganized in getting put together, but they were mostly good. Unfortunately, there's not always enough females at these events. You will meet people in person through Events and Adventures, but it's a hit or miss experience.

Original review: March 9, 2019

I was interested that you can meet people at Events and Adventures, and I've gone to about 20 events including Howl at the Moon and the Avalanche game. It seems like they’re not as inclusive. Many people couple off or there are cliques that people form, so it doesn’t feel as welcoming as I thought it was gonna be.

Original review: March 8, 2019

On my first event with Events and Adventures, I felt like a deer in headlights and I didn’t do that well. I don’t tend to do well with people, but I’m not in this game to meet anybody. I’m here to have fun and do things that I don’t get to do. But the second event went a lot better. It was a hiking trip and I enjoyed it. And I’m getting ready to go do karaoke. There’s also an event coming up that involves a trampoline, but I’m not quite sure if I wanna do that. I’m not allowed to drive because I’m blind, I’m not allowed to walk because I have no balance, and I’m definitely not allowed to ride a bicycle because I have no depth perception. So, me and the trampoline may not be the wisest.

Original review: March 8, 2019

My objective with Events and Adventures was to rebuild my social circle and discover what was fun going on around. The first time was a little bit low-key, probably not my kind of event. But I had to try a different kind of event to see what I like, what I didn’t like and what kind of group that I like to be around and not. The fact that there are so many different groups makes it easier to find the proper group for you.

I like all the outside events, like trekking. I’ve discovered a certain event and I became very close to one of the hosts, and that made me discover a lot of things I didn’t know. The latest one was the Mardi Gras Valentine’s event and that was amazing. There was a social dance at the end of last month, and we have gone to see a hockey game which I haven’t done in ages. The Trivia one was something I’ve never done before and I'd never even thought about doing it, but the host convinced me to try it out. I also met someone that I fell in love with which was not the objective of joining. I wanted to just build my social circle, but it happened so I’m really happy. I'm even thinking of putting my name to become a host.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I like to go and do stuff, but a lot of my friends are married and have kids. I'm divorced and have a child, but they're busier than I am. I found the Events and Adventures club interesting and it sounded like a different thing. I was nervous before arriving at my first event with them, but it felt better after I started mingling and interacting with people. I went to some comedy shows that were kinda social and they were fine. I also went to an icebreaker thing and to a parkour event that was pretty cool. I’ve met some nice people and they're like acquaintances. I have attended 10 events and I've got an upcoming event planned on Saturday. So far, the comedy show at the Alamo Drafthouse has been my favorite event.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I work 26 miles from home and when I signed up at Events and Adventures, we were supposed to be moving our office. That hasn’t gone through, and we’re stuck where we’re at for another three years. I don’t have time to get to an event then go home, take care of my animals and make it to the event on time. I've been to a meet-and-greet and then a meet-up at the gun range, and I was very disappointed with the gun range because it was not my type of people. I would love to cancel my membership, but I’m not able to. I paid $2,000 for my membership, and I can’t afford $40 when there’s something I wanna do that I haven’t been able to do. The things that I have time for, there’s a fee and it’s ridiculous. It's a rip-off and I dread ever signing me up.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I was most interested in the social aspect of the Events and Adventures club. before arriving at my first event, I was looking forward and eager, but after I left it I wasn't feeling wonderful nor distraught but just normal. To date, I have attended four events. Usually, I participated in engaged and movement-type activities. My first event had volleyball in a beach setting and there was a lot of movement. Other events that I attended were the roller-skating event and some alcohol tasting events. Of all the events that I attended, the one that I liked best was the one where there was a murder mystery. That was fantastic. There are some events that I have wait-listed for but that I haven’t been approved for. I've made one new friend that I speak to semi-regularly, but other than that I just see familiar faces.

I was fortunate that I had enough in my bank account and I could pay for the lump sum that goes along with membership, whereas if you’re paying month-to-month, you’re given a monthly fee on top of the membership cost. But with that membership, I’m not necessarily getting a good deal on events that I'm having to pay for. There are some free events, but the pricing is too high for a number of these events, and that has discouraged me from wanting to go to some events. So, I’m paying for the monthly cost but I’m not getting a reduced price on the majority of events.

Original review: March 5, 2019

Events & Adventures does some activities or travel and be with other singles and it's less stress than trying to meet somebody from the internet. I've taken one trip and seven events so far. I've gone to a party or maybe a brewery tour and I've done a couple of activities where it's like volleyball. I've made a couple of social connections, mostly friends, and we meet up and stuff for dinner. But Events & Adventures could do a little bit more communication, especially with the newer members. They walk in to like a party or event and it's the same group that has known each other for a long time and it's kinda hard.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I'm new in Houston and I wanted to meet people. I signed up with Events and Adventures and everybody has been very inclusive and sociable. I liked it when we interacted in a sporting event, Archery Tag, wherein we engaged with a lot of people together. I also liked the volleyball event we had. Additionally, I get together at night and have fun with the people whom I've met through Events and Adventures. Everybody has been very outgoing and talkative.

Original review: March 3, 2019

I just moved here, so I was trying to meet some new people. Before arriving at my first event with Events & Adventures, I was a little nervous as anybody would be just meeting a bunch of new people, but it went really well. I just reached out, and they welcomed me so that was pretty good. I have met some friends too. I've been to eight to 10 events and I really enjoyed the Poker Night. And then I also enjoyed Super Bowl Night. Those were the two really fun ones. I really enjoyed the volleyball as well.

Original review: March 2, 2019

I signed up with Events and Adventures and I liked going out on the activities. The first time I went to an event, I was nervous but after I arrived, it was fun. I have attended three events but the cooking class was my favorite. However, I didn’t care much for the jazz bands in a nightclub. Also, I was led to believe that it was a mix of ages. But it’s 80% 30 and under, and I’m 60. I don’t mind going to the events, but I’m not thinking I’m gonna meet anybody there either.

Events and Adventures expert review by Mark Brooks

Events & Adventures offers a unique take on the traditional concept of matchmaking. By adding in the element of adventure, this dating company works to take the nerves out of any first date.

• Group meetings: Events & Adventures makes a first date experience more like a social club. Everyone involved meets up for a fun activity and gets to know each other under easygoing circumstances.

• Vetting process: Meeting someone for the first time is filled with uncertainty. With Events & Adventures, participants know that the person they meet is who they say they are. A complete vetting prior to any adventure helps ensure a safe and fun time.

• Dating for introverts: In most dating situations, the extroverts get all the attention, but this unique dating service works just as well for the introverts out there. It allows a group of people to meet and interact naturally, removing the stress of the dating atmosphere.

• Activity variety: Put the dinner and a movie model out of your mind when you sign up with Events & Adventures. They offer 30-50 great event choices each month.

• International adventures: Where most dating services feel they've done their job after the first date, Events & Adventures works to keep the fun going all around the world. Participants can enjoy local activities and international travel, all with a group of like-minded adults.

• Best for: People seeking long-term relationships, people seeking fun activities and those looking to meet new friends.

Profile picture of Mark Brooks
Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

Events and Adventures Company Information