Events and Adventures

Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Minneapolis, Phoenix, San Francisco, Santa Clara, and Vancouver BC

3.8/5 (158 ratings)
Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

About Events and Adventures

Events and Adventures is an invitation-only network of singles and others looking to meet people with similar interests. It offers 30 to 50 local events each month, including horseback riding, skydiving, wine tasting and simple hangouts. Visit its website to learn more about how to get involved.

Pros

• Large membership
  • Available in 12 major cities
  • 30 or more local events per month
  • Various activities

Cons

• Membership is pricey
  • Additional costs
  • Must offer proof of divorce process

Bottom Line

Events and Adventures offers activity-based dating with opportunities for travel and group events. It’s pricey but might be ideal if you want a more exciting dating life.

Top Events and Adventures Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Events and Adventures is a great club to be involved in when you're going through a transition and even later. It's a great program. I've met a lot of friends so that worked out r...

Verified

… I was looking for events in my area and an ad for Events and Adventures kept popping up. I thought there was something to it so that was when I looked it up… I love the people t...

What is Events and Adventures?

Events and Adventures is an activity-based dating service available in 12 North American cities. It brings together singles and others in a fun, low-stress setting. These groups, called dating clubs, gather in Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Minneapolis, Phoenix, San Francisco, Santa Clara, Seattle and Vancouver, British Columbia. The company also offers travel experiences, including ski excursions, cruises, sailing trips and European tours.

How does Events and Adventures work?

You can apply online to receive a call with details about travel opportunities, events and pricing. The company sets up a virtual meeting to get to know you before screening and approving your application. Once accepted, you’ll sign a contract and pay for a one- or two-year membership, then you can attend any upcoming events. Depending on your location, you should have multiple events (with 20 to 40 attendees each) to choose from each month.

You must be single and over 21 to apply for an Events and Adventures membership. You can join if you’re in the process of getting a divorce, but you have to provide proof you’ve filed.

Events and Adventures cost

It’s typical to pay between $100 to $200 per month for your Events and Adventures membership, although price varies by location. Your membership fee won’t cover all events; expect to pay from $40 to $200 for some activities. You can cancel your membership within 24 hours of sign-up for a full refund or within three days for a partial refund (minus a $400 processing charge). The company offers no other refunds or guarantees.

Events and Adventures FAQ

How many events does Events and Adventures host each month?
The company typically around 30 local events each month.
How do I sign up for Events and Adventures?
You can get started by visiting its website.
Is there an age limit for Event and Adventures?
You must be over 21 to join.
Where is Events and Adventures available?
Events and Adventures is available in Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Minneapolis, Phoenix, San Francisco, Santa Clara, Seattle and Vancouver, British Columbia.

Is Events and Adventures worth it?

Events and Adventures could be ideal if you’re bored with regular dating and searching for a partner with similar interests. The company hosts more than 30 events each month in each of its cities, so you're likely to find a few you'd like to attend. If you’re unmarried and over 21 — and if the membership and event costs aren’t over your budget — Events and Adventures might be a good option for you.

Events and Adventures Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Events and Adventures?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

I moved up to the Bay Area almost four years ago and through different things and situations, I've found myself without friends here doing stuff. I figured it would be best to make memories with people that are in the same boat as I am. So, I looked Events and Adventures up, gave them a call, had the interview, and I found that what they have to offer is what I needed at the time.

The day that I had my interview was the same day I was at my first event. It was three hours later. The person I interviewed with, Teresa, was amazing to get me on with that event. She just signed me up for it right away, and it was kickball. When I got there, I was excited because I loved their process of doing background checks on people. I went there with my wall down, so I was excited. I met a lot of new people in my first event and it hasn't stopped since. I went the next night to another event. I'm going to a lot of events every month. I like the activities where we're active. We go to archery. We play pool and kickball. I do like some of the dining events that we have.

We went to this place called the Emporium in San Francisco about two and a half months ago. Being that we're still in the middle of a pandemic, I found that the place was not wiping down the gaming machines and half the games were broken. They weren't even functioning. So, I asked Events and Adventures, “Do you guys ever research your places before scheduling them?” They said, “Yeah, but it was done before the pandemic,” which is not healthy. I'm hoping that my feedback and my questions has started them to double-check locations if they were prior to the pandemic. I was really not comfortable where we were.

Other than that, most events have been okay. I just find that they are doing the same events every month. There's a lot of repeat events as opposed to new and fresh idea events. I found that because of 2020 and everything shutting down, a lot of the international travel is rolled over. So, anyone who had signed up had already rolled over into this year. Then some of the activities that they have hasn't been my cup of tea as far as I can't go whitewater rafting. I have limitations physically. So, if they did a Vegas trip where there was nothing but good food and shows and gambling, I'm down with it. I appreciate that they have more outdoor activities included in the packages that they have. But I'm still looking every time that there is something new for travel that I could do. I would definitely sign up because one of the biggest selling points for me was the travel.

Get buying tips about Matchmaking Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 28, 2021

It was post-quarantine COVID-ish last year around August. I had been thinking about it for a while, and then I was recently single too from the summer, so I was trying to get back out there and meet new people. But a lot of our places were still closed. I heard that there was a lot more virtual things happening, so I wanted to check out the virtual events, and then also some of the in-person events, check out new hotspots in the area that I might not have heard of, and then not have to go alone because I would be there meeting up with a group. I initially signed up for a learn-more-about-it kind of session, and then it turned into the interview. And I was like, "All right, let's give it a shot." It's good.

However, I was talking to my event coordinator and looking at maybe freezing my account for a bit because I haven't been able to use Events and Adventures for the past month. A lot of things have been open and I've been so busy with my own little crew that has resurfaced since COVID. We've been swamped with our own events and I'm trying to save money. Some of the really cool events I want to go to are already an extra fee on top of my membership. Or the ones that I do want to go to, by the time I can finally check it out or get my brain wrapped around it, it's already full and I would be on the waiting list. In the beginning, it wasn't that bad because they gave us extra leeway for being new. They helped bump us up. But with me not being so new, being on the waitlist doesn't necessarily mean you always get in now.

I was trying to see what it would look like to cancel it, and then that's when my event coordinator told me about doing the freeze. It was part of my plan that I could freeze it for free for a bit. Because I know some programs, they make you pay a smaller amount. So, if it's free to freeze it, that's better. Other than that, I've had nothing but wonderful experiences with it. The people have been amazing.

I enjoy the dinners. One that stood out to me was one where I could bring something back. I love the ceramics and painting classes because you get something out of it. Not only are you networking, mingling and meeting, but then you also get something as a remembrance. I like the arts and craftsy kind of stuff. The Love is Blind virtual stuff was really fun. It's neat, like a blind and a speed dating kind of thing. No one has their video on and your name is some made-up name for the theme of the month, and then you just get put in the room with someone and you start talking for 10 minutes, and then they cycle you out. And then, you reveal yourself at the end after you've done three rounds with different people. And it's not just an Arizona thing, it's open to all the sites.

And then, the ones I wanted to try just hasn't worked out with my schedule. I wanted to go on some of those bigger trips because I am a big trip person. Some of the local weekend getaways or even going abroad are some of the ones that interested me too in the beginning to join. I like to organize trips and travel, and it's hard to get your own crew together, but because you can't get a crew doesn't mean you can't go. It's nice to know that there's someone already organizing it.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

I was new in town, and I didn’t know anyone and where anything was. I heard about Events and Adventures on the radio and it was better than sitting at home alone. So, I made the appointment and I went it. At first, it was a little odd doing the background check. But once I started doing stuff with the group, it was nice. I feel safe and secure around other people in our group because I know they had the same background check as I did. I'm in a great group of people. I haven't had any issues with Events and Adventures. I met my boyfriend through the group, which is great too. I took down all my dating apps when I started with Events and Adventures because they’re not truthful on those dating apps. You're going in hoping to find your significant other or even your best friend, and you go online and they're all lies.

We can’t do the events that we can’t do right now and Jake’s Unlimited was one of my favorite ones pre-Covid. You go in and they have all these arcade games, bowling and laser tag. I loved it. For somebody considering Events and Adventures, it is a lot of money upfront. I paid 2,000 for my two-year membership and I wish we would have a little bit more explanation as to where those funds go because we pay quite a bit in events. I'm also a host now and when I started, the host credit went down to $20 an event.

I'm working from home and I have to reach out to everyone that signed up for the event, which is fine. Then, I have to take photos. For 20 bucks, there's a lot more work to it. They want us to post on Facebook if the event is not full. I have a full-time job. I don't have time to sit and watch the event calendar to make sure that people are signing up or if there are spots available. That part is a little frustrating. Still, it’s a lot safer than online dating. Out here in Phoenix, there are some hiking groups that are doing something similar to Events and Adventures. But when I see those on Facebook, there are kids at these events and you don't know who the people are. There is no background check on those.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

I had recently moved here to the Phoenix area so I thought to try Events and Adventures out and see what it was all about. It’s a great club. However, the only in-person event I've gone to was the new member meeting. I haven't felt comfortable going to the other ones due to covid. I've gone to a few virtual events which are nice. I did the Love is Blind event but I didn't think that our questionnaires were matched. People weren't showing up. We were being put into rooms just with anyone and the communication was hard. But that taught me that maybe those events aren't for me. So moving forward, I won’t sign up for those events. My goal is to find a good friend group. I'm not looking for a relationship and I was very open with my advisor that if that was how it was going to be pushed, that I would be not attending events because that's not what I want at the time.

Because of how much you have to pay a month, it would be nice to kind of like see an event and see if it's something you're really interested in doing before you sign up to do it full blown. I'm paying for a membership and I'm not happy about it because I'm not attending events. There are a lot of events but those events are not as close. Everything takes 20, 30 minutes to drive to. The events that seemed interesting are on a Monday but I'm a full-time grad student so I have grad school on Monday nights.

I don't know the cancellation policy which I'm kicking myself for even signing up and not knowing that. At this point, it would be best to cancel or not pay per month on this because I have so much going on with work. I would like to know is there a way that I can cancel? With the money that I've spent so far, I don't want to be reimbursed but I don't want to be billed moving forward. I've tried to reach out to the guy who signed me on and I never received any information back from him. It was regarding a concern I had prior to my first event. When I went to my first event, I spoke with my event manager and I felt better about the situation. But it would have been nice to have an email response back.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2020

My experience with Events and Adventures has been good so far. I'm in Florida right now so I was only able to go to one event because some other events got moved to different dates that I couldn't make so I had to cancel those. I like how they have different locations because now that I'm in Florida, I still am able to go to some in my area, which is nice. But with the holidays, it's kind of spending a lot of time with my family, so I I'm not going to as many events.

At first, I was a little nervous going to the first event because I don't know anyone and everything. I didn't know what to expect, but everyone was super nice and really friendly, so it was a good experience overall. I went to one event, but I had signed up for a couple other ones. I wasn't able to make it because one of them I signed up for was outdoor dining somewhere. It was raining and really windy. They moved it to a different day. But I couldn't make it that day so I had to cancel that one. Then with another one I signed up for, I ended up having to take my dog to the vet so I couldn't go to that one. But there are definitely things on there that I enjoy.

I should be going to one event next week with my dog. It's like a dog park one in Florida so I'm excited for that. I didn't look at the Chicago one for this month because I won't be in Chicago. Then I might still be in Florida in January so I'll have to look at the schedule to see if there's anything I want to go to in Florida in January because I don't know where I'm going to be. Events and Adventures is a good service just to get you out of the house and try new things. I didn't get anyone's contact informations. It was my first time meeting everyone but I'm sure people make connections and hang out outside of the group too. So, I feel like that's something I'm looking forward to doing. Everything's been great. I really enjoyed the event I went to, but I'm looking forward to going to more.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

I've done rock climbing, fencing, marathons, and bike rides. My favourite event would have been axe throwing. I've been to 10 events already and I have fun. They were nice events. I made a lot of friends. We send a message to each other and we find out sometimes that there's nothing in the calendar events, so we hang out sometimes out of Events and Adventures.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2021

I regret buying 2 years and I'm only a few months in. I've been to many events now. I'm pretty social and outgoing already and do a lot of the events they plan on my own with more control over the situation and people (and dogs which aren't allowed with the 11 person E&A groups) that join me. Expect spending 11 hours in a day for a 7 mile hike as a result of waiting for everyone to show, going slow, and then having to make giant group decisions to build consensus on next steps. This is like a social timeshare you can't get out. They rely on paying members for suggestions of activities to plan which begs the question what are we paying for? Certainly not the events, because you'll pay for those individually too.

You are better off with meetups. Limited availability on the interesting events. I mean no paying members of the events offense as I understand how hard it is to build community, but if you get the sense that this is not really the community you want to invest your time with, too bad, E&A got your money already. Never ever let them talk you into the 2 year contract. They keep everything a secret with no trial because they want you to think it is magical and special inside. It is not, it is a little more lame than if you just did fun events for yourself.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

I was nervous when I got to my first event because I didn't know anybody. But everybody was pretty nice and welcoming. Since then, I've been to about 70 more events. I just got back from an event over Labor Day weekend and it was a lot of fun. It was a camping trip over the weekend with whitewater rafting and ziplining, and I knew a lot of the people who joined. I have made quite a few friends between the Minneapolis group and the Chicago group. I've also met someone special and we've been dating for a little while. With Events and Adventures, it's nice being able to get out and do stuff. There's a lot of things that I've wanted to do but didn't have anybody to do it with like skydiving, ziplining, and rafting. And with the group, I've been able to do it.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

Everyone I've met has been very nice and open. I'm also enjoying the events that I've gone to so far. I recently went to a Bingo brunch this past Sunday, which was kinda cool, and I liked that one. I’ve also been to some walks and hikes which I’ve liked as well.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

They don't have a local person organizing stuff in the Bay Area. Someone in Denver is organizing all our stuff for us which makes it hard. More events would be nice. It was a slow start with Events and Adventures. But after the first month, I really started to enjoy it. It started to feel like everyone was very welcoming and very inviting, and I'm definitely making friendships. It has a family feel. I usually have friendships based on commonality. I like that everyone can be so different and I'm hanging out with so many different people. It has filled a really big lack in my life. E and A has been awesome and it has exceeded my expectations for sure.

Events and Adventures Company Information