Call toll free
3.83/5

Events and Adventures

Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Minneapolis, Phoenix, San Francisco, Santa Clara, and Vancouver BC

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Events and Adventures is more than just a social club -- it’s a way to experience new adventures while making new friends. We are located in Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Minneapolis, Phoenix, San Francisco, Santa Clara, Seattle and Vancouver, BC.

Events & Adventures is a safe, invitation-only network of people with a common thread: to get out and meet new people. With 30-50 local events each month, you’ll easily be able to find events you’re interested in meet people with common interests. Whether it's horseback riding, skydiving, wine tasting or just a casual hangout! Visit us online to learn more about how you can get the ball rolling.

Events and Adventures Gallery (10)
A-BBB Rating
View More View More

Events and Adventures Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: June 2, 2019

I heard about E&A on 93.3 Radio for advertisement here in Arizona but at the time, I was in a relationship. After that relationship ended in October, I stepped away from dating. But in the beginning of this year, my mother mentioned E&A and asked if I had ever thought of checking it out. Who do you want to hear from that you're single and you should probably try to move on? Your mother. It thought it had been a few months and maybe I should go and check it out. There were three categories given to me when I first was doing my interview. There were travel, romance and friends, and what I said interested me was romance.

My dad was a marine so I've traveled every few years to all around the world and I've done vacations. So I've done travel and I would probably do travel with my family still. I also have a ton of friends here in Arizona. It's primarily why I stayed here. But I enjoyed the feeling of being in a relationship and the happiness that I felt from it, and I would like to try and find it again.

I was a little nervous driving up to my first event. I was thinking what this was gonna mean and to not be awkward. But my first event was volleyball. This wasn't a speed dating thing. I was not there to try and get numbers. I was there as just another person who is interested in playing volleyball. I told myself to be nice, friendly and charismatic, and to be myself. I told myself that while I was at it, to see who else was there, to take advantage of seeing all these people needing to be social, and to see who's social and who's not. By the start of the event and getting into it, I was just having a good time with new friends.

At this point, I've done volleyball twice. I have been with the club for about two months and I've been to seven events. My next events would be volleyball next Wednesday and then it's a luau party that Saturday. I've also done broomball twice and I'm trying to do more things like that, like at the burger and bowling. When I first started out, I was just trying to do the pretty fun ones like the volleyball and game nights. I'm slowly trying to get into more and I'm excited for the salt river adventure at the end of the month. So I'm trying to expand out more because I wanna take more advantage of it and I found out that I enjoyed hanging out with other people that aren't my main friends from Arizona.

The biggest surprise to me, which I thought was the most pleasant was that I went in hoping to see if I could find a significant other but there's a lot of great people that I didn't expect to connect with on a friend level and I enjoy just talking with them when I go to events. One of the hosts that I hang out with was my first host at volleyball, Kevin. I remember going to his game night and we talked for an hour about heavy rock. It seems like there's a huge community of people who like to go and do group things that aren't necessarily E&A but they get E&A people together. I've gotten to connect with everyone and make friends, like Kevin, so that's been really fun to do. That's my biggest highlight from that.

I have also found someone I am interested in pursuing. We've exchanged numbers and gone on a very casual date. This person is very laid back and very tomboyish which isn't a problem. I think that's cool and she's cool. But it's a different thing that I've had to tackle so I was trying to slow myself down, enjoy being casual and take the time to get to know this person more. Having just left a really serious relationship, I'm trying to stop myself from wanting to rush things and ruin it.

Get expert buying tips about Matchmaking Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 18, 2019

I’ve always searched for events and vacations for singles. Then an ad for Events and Adventures popped up ‘cause I definitely don’t get out very much. Based on the very minimal information I could find out without going to that meeting, it was like they went out and did a lot of things that I wouldn’t normally get to do by myself. So, I figured I would see what it was about. On the first event, I really didn't know anything about it and what to expect. That part was a little bit unorganized. Meeting new people and doing things I don't even know about was a little nerve-wracking. Luckily, the website had the host's information. So, I texted and asked her where to go and what we were doing.

On the very first event with the young professionals, they all knew each other already and I didn't get into their group that night. It was a little bit uncomfortable. But some of them did a really good job. The host at the event also went out of her way to welcome the group and she was trying to tell me some things. I didn't exchange numbers or anything until a couple of weekends ago when I met those guys. But we’re getting to become friends. There are not too many prospects for any real significant other at this point, but definitely some friends. We were texting all day yesterday about if we would able to go to any events this week or when the next one would be.

I work for an insurance company and we are very busy with all of the hail and flood. If I'm having a rough day at work, I would sway if I wanted to go out and see people I might not know and might not have conversations with or if I just wanted to go home and pass out. That prevented me from being as motivated to go to events. I’ve also talked to my friends about it and I’m trying to get them to come with me, so at least I have somebody to talk to. But I noticed that most people don't do that.

I've attended about seven events now. The bowling was probably my favorite and it was more fun because we had one of those icebreaker events. I met some new people at the icebreaker and we were all on the same team and we got to know each other, and it was a lot more fun because we all had conversations and got to know each other really well. It was more intimate. The Rangers games are really fun as well. And I’m scheduled for several things this month.

It has been a fun experience with Events and Adventures. It’s great to get to know new people. They have events for everybody, so I’m not gonna like everything. Nobody’s gonna like all the events all the time, but at least one event a week strikes your attention, and that’s the best part. Once you get comfortable, you should go to events that you wouldn't normally like so that you could meet different people and expand your horizon.

Events and Adventures response

Brittni we are so glad to hear that! We hope you have been able to get out to more events with us!

Let me know if you need anything, anytime. Danielle McCrary, Corporate Manager

Original review: April 30, 2019

I recently moved to the area and knew only one person here. I thought Events and Adventures would be a great way to make new friends and grow my network. I was a little bit nervous before arriving at my first event. We all are, I think. You go to your first event, you’re not sure what to expect and what kinds of people you’re going to meet. But I felt confident enough that the kinds of people I would meet would be more professionals like me rather than just random folks that you’d meet at a bar. That was a little bit of peace of mind that I liked about E & A and part of the reason why I joined. That change after I arrived though. In the group that we were at, everyone seemed to be at least courteous. They tried to engage and get involved with everyone else. Everybody was cordial with each other, but more than that, they were trying to be warm.

I went to Tahoe with E & A once and it was a lot of fun. I do events pretty regularly, but the out of town and traveling stuff, I’ve only done the Tahoe trip. It was a ski lodge kind of a thing. We all stayed at a rented house. I shared a room with a bunch of folks and everyone had a bunk. Everyone was courteous and there wasn’t a whole lot of loud craziness going on at night. We did have some nocturnal fun though, like board games and drinking. But when people were getting ready to go to bed, we were courteous about making sure that we weren’t being too loud. It was a little stressful for a couple of folks because of the weather and having to drive in the snow. Then there was traffic and other considerations like that. But those did not detract from the overall experience. All in all, it was a good time. The people made it fun.

My favorite event is the New Year’s event, not this past year at the ballpark, but the one prior to that on the rooftop. Everybody got dressed up. Although it was expensive and I understand that the expense was rough for some people, but to me, it was worth it because it was loads of fun and there was plenty to do. However, my dad was in the hospital for a while. I put my account on hold so that I wouldn’t waste a month that I’ve already paid for. I wasn’t able to do any events in April, but I’m hoping that May proves to be a much better month for everybody.

I’ve made some close friends and some good friends. Although I have not found a significant other, that wasn’t really my initial goal. The salesperson who was interviewing me and trying to sell me on E & A just didn’t care or pay attention to anything that I was saying when I was telling her that I just wanted to make some friends. All she was talking about was me meeting somebody special. The worst part of my experience was the salesperson here in San Jose. Aside from that, I understand that this is a singles club and I know that people have met their significant other either in E & A or through E & A, and that’s wonderful. But there are lots of people who don’t. I feel like framing E & A that way can create false expectations.

For me, I’m not here to find one special someone. I wouldn’t be opposed to that, but I went because when you go to a place where you can meet some great people, have a great time, chat with folks, and get along with people, you can make close friends and have a social group that you enjoy being part of. That is what has happened for me, and I like it.

E & A 5 feels like a labor of love, which I like. I’ve met Mark, the owner, and I like him. But I feel like there are some things that E & A could definitely do better. The website needs some work. And when I use the app to check on the event and what’s going on, there isn’t an app. It’s just a mobile version of the website, which is extremely difficult to navigate. Some members of E & A are working on an app and working on improving this in order to earn event credits, but the fact that no one from administration is hiring web developers feels less professional than it could be.

The cost versus benefit could be better too. We’re paying a lot of money to be part of E & A and there are a lot of benefits that go along with that. However, when we go to a concert, we’d pay a bunch of money to get seats, but I don’t always feel like we get the best seats. I feel like if I hadn’t joined E & A and I saved that $1,000, then when I went to an event, I would pay whatever the cost to me through E & A was and kick it up by $40. I would then get way better seats at events like plays, theater performances and musical performances, and I still would be a net positive as far as cost.

I would spend less if I wasn’t a member of E & A going to these same events and getting better seats. The positives far outweigh the negatives though. With E & A, I wouldn’t be going by myself or with one friend who can afford to go. I’d be going with a group and we could all discuss afterwards. We can also all go to a bar afterwards and enjoy the experience together, which is always nice.

I love E & A. I’ve already renewed once and may renew again, depending. If you can afford the money, it’s worth giving it a shot. It's a great place to meet people that are of similar means and capability. There’s a pretty interesting diverse group of folks. While you won’t get close to or be friends with a lot of people you’ll meet, you will meet plenty of people that you do connect with.

Paul,

We are so glad to see you are enjoying the events! We do have so many different people in our group, and are grateful for the amazing people like you! Thank you for leaving positive feedback!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Events and Adventures was advertised quite a bit like around New Year’s. I heard them on the radio saying, “Do things you enjoy doing and meet people while you’re at it.” I joined Events and Adventures about a month ago. But I didn’t realize that it was a singles only kind of group and that they interviewed you. I just thought it was another meetup group. I am actually in some other meetup groups that are just free. But I’ve been doing more of the Events and Adventures because it’s costing me money. It’s not really a dating group. But it is kind of for singles to meet other people which is good.

I like that Events and Adventures has an age range because a lot of the meetup groups that I joined were younger. I’m 53 so it’s kinda hard to meet people my age, especially since people my age and older are usually not as active and they don’t like to socialize as much. But I enjoy going out, going to restaurants or movies, or just doing things. I’ve been trying to get more active physically so I’ve been doing the kickball and volleyball activities. Those were nice.

There are a lot of nice people that I’ve met through Events and Adventures and I’ve been seeing a few of the people. Some are the same people at some of the events. Some of them friended me on Facebook. Events and Adventures also offers a good variety of different events and they are in different areas of the city. I’ve mostly been trying to do some that are close to me other than the Gilbert area. I’ve gone to quite a few. I signed up for two events, but I had to cancel because I had to go out of town. I was gone all of last week.

But one thing is that Events and Adventures is very pricey. You have to pay the event fees on top of your membership fee. It is a strain financially because I’m a single parent and I work full-time. Other than that, I appreciate the fact that they offer a lot of different events which I know cost money to get those deals. I also appreciate the fact that they kind of vet out their members. They make sure that they are committed and interested, don’t have a record, and have a stable job.

Another things is maybe there could be more weekend stuff. For people that work full-time, it’s kind of hard to do stuff during the week. They could also try to schedule earlier events because a lot of the events are at 7 or 8 o’clock at night. If you have to drive far, by the time you get home, it’s already 10 o’clock and this is on a weeknight. I would also like the more festival type of things or going as a group to things such as an art festival, music festival, food festival and those type of things. Those are fun.

Events and Adventures response

Grace we appreciate your honest feedback. We will be sure to get these suggestions over to Meggie!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I heard about Events & Adventures through a friend and what interested me about it was meeting new people. I was a bit nervous on my first event, but it changed after I arrived. I have attended around 50 events and trips so far and the flying trapeze event is my favorite. I'm signed up for the Alaskan trip and I'm also signed up for the ice climbing event for next month, which I'm pretty excited about. I've also participated in Whirlyball, bowling, glassblowing, and ax throwing, and the trip to Wildman was a lot of fun. I also made a lot of friends on Events and Adventures.

Events and Adventures is very expensive, but it's fun. You just have to make sure you are getting the refunds you are supposed to get because I've had to call multiple times for getting money back when I should have but never did. The one thing that I have had issues with is the calendar when it shows that an event is full even after you've canceled. I don't understand why you'd still get charged for it. It says online that it's still full, then they say, "Well, you can't go by that." That should be updated if that's an issue with it not being correct. I lost out on 120 bucks two months ago because I had to cancel on a couple of events last minute, but they still said full, days after I canceled, so I was not very happy about that part.

Events and Adventures response

Desiree this review is amazing-Thank you! It is great to hear you are enjoying our events and trips as well! I am sorry to hear you were having issues with payments/cancel by dates. Please reach out to me if you do have any further questions or need any assistance!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Events and Adventures?

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

I haven’t really done anything in the last 10 years except raise my kids. So, I joined Events and Adventures as kind of way to get out and find out who I am. On my first event, I was a little bit nervous and there was an issue. The host quit that day, so I tried to call and talk to her, and she hung up on me. But I called and talked to the guy who was in charge of everything, and he made it 100% better. So, it was amazing. I've been to five events so far and my experience has been pretty good. I’ve gone on a hike and I’ve done a couple of bar things. I also did a comedy event. At this point, I’m still trying everything out. But I met somebody on a hike, so I’m leaning towards that one as my favorite, though I don’t like hiking. But I have a couple events planned and I’m trying to figure out which trip I wanna do because I can only really do one.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

I didn't have a lot of friends to see and having different activities planned that I could go and do interested me. When I went to one of the new member things, I felt welcomed. The person who had signed me up had been there and he helped to introduce me to some people. I struggle with social anxiety but it has gotten easier to go to events because I'm starting to know people there. I've been talking to some people and while meeting significant others is not my number one priority, it has happened.

I went to the Halloween party and I also did the Lakeside, which was an amusement park thing. I live about an hour away from Denver, so I tend to make a trip out of it. Event costs are reasonable. A lot of the events are either free or costs $5 to $10. Some are a little pricey, but if I did it on my own, it'd be even more. However, the overall membership is a bit pricey and it would be nicer if it was less expensive. But it is also something that's getting me to go out. With my social anxiety, sometimes it is hard to motivate me to get out. I think, "I paid for this. I gotta go do it. I'm not letting this money go down the drain."

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I just moved recently to the area up here, and I'm just tired of sitting around, staring at walls. I wanted something to do and to meet new people. I went with Events and Adventures and found after my first event that it's a really good group of people. Currently, I work weird schedules so I don't get to participate in a lot of the events. I go to those on weekends because they do those earlier in the day. The ones I enjoy involve just sitting down and hanging out in a restaurant or a bar. The participants and I just walk and have a good time. I've also done a blacksmithing class through them. Thus far, I've made a lot of new friends.

There have been several people I've met over time who have only done one event since I've known them. When I talk to them, they don't participate. If people sign up with Events and Adventures they should be active and participate on a regular basis. Otherwise, I don't think it will be worth their while. The biggest issue for a lot of people joining is the cost. I've paid two grand for two years for the membership. People who join would also have to pay for individual events. Still, I'd recommend Events and Adventures.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

When I lived in Arizona, I would hear advertisements about Events and Adventures on the radio, and I always thought it sounded like a good opportunity. When I moved back to Colorado, I was looking to reconnect with people or meet new ones, and so I joined them. I was excited going to my first event and I had a lot of fun then. I made a lot of good friends through Events and Adventures and I’ve enjoyed them.

Unfortunately, my daughter has been keeping me more busy than I expected so I had not joined as many events as I would like. I only did foot golf, the 4th of July party, Labor Day camping and pumpkin and wine nights. But I'm signed up for sporting events in November and I’m booked to go on a trip to Mardi Gras in 2020. There was just one issue when I was trying to work on paying for the trip. I wanted to get on a payment plan but the communication was a little rocky and they ended up charging my card for the full amount. But when I contacted them, they took the charge off and they were happy to put me on a payment plan.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I’ve been through a lot. My boyfriend passed away not too long ago and I was just wanting to get out and kind of do something out of the house. I’m new to Events and Adventures. It’s a great place to make some friends. But my first event with them may have been the wrong event. The other ones I’ve been were great though. Also, I was a little upset after I signed up and I read their reviews. I probably should have done before I went, but I didn't. Going in there thinking you are gonna find your match is kind of disappointing. I think that’s where everybody’s issues come from. They're upset about the club because they were expecting something different. I wish I had known the program was more to just make friends.

There were maybe two people in both clubs, the South Bay and the Peninsula, that have matches. But my odds aren’t very good. Everybody has been in there for a long time and they all seem to like each other. I then read what a couple of what other people said which was, “Get over that. That’s not what this is about. This is more about getting out, doing some fun things with fun people.” And you don't have to worry about who’s there because everybody’s great and people know each other. Once you get over the fact that you’re not gonna meet your soul mate or meet somebody that you might wanna date, it’s fun and it's easier to swallow.

There are also a lot more girls than there are guys in this club from what I’ve seen. The ratio, when you’re looking for the opposite sex, is not very even. Another thing is the program is expensive and you’re locked in for as long as you sign up for. I was told that but I was thinking it was more of a find a match type of a thing. Make some friends that are single and you find somebody that you're interested in, but it’s more just friends. That’s fine too. Making friends is always great and I might have still done it, but maybe I wouldn’t have done it for so long or maybe not right then. I’m locked in with Events and Adventures now so I might as well make the best of it. I like doing different things, making some friends, and meeting some nice people that are wanting to do something different. Most of them are single. I’ve talked to a couple of people on the phone but there's not anything yet outside of Events and Adventures.

Events and Adventures expert review by Mark Brooks

Events & Adventures offers a unique take on the traditional concept of matchmaking. By adding in the element of adventure, this dating company works to take the nerves out of any first date.

• Group meetings: Events & Adventures makes a first date experience more like a social club. Everyone involved meets up for a fun activity and gets to know each other under easygoing circumstances.

• Vetting process: Meeting someone for the first time is filled with uncertainty. With Events & Adventures, participants know that the person they meet is who they say they are. A complete vetting prior to any adventure helps ensure a safe and fun time.

• Dating for introverts: In most dating situations, the extroverts get all the attention, but this unique dating service works just as well for the introverts out there. It allows a group of people to meet and interact naturally, removing the stress of the dating atmosphere.

• Activity variety: Put the dinner and a movie model out of your mind when you sign up with Events & Adventures. They offer 30-50 great event choices each month.

• International adventures: Where most dating services feel they've done their job after the first date, Events & Adventures works to keep the fun going all around the world. Participants can enjoy local activities and international travel, all with a group of like-minded adults.

• Best for: People seeking long-term relationships, people seeking fun activities and those looking to meet new friends.

Profile picture of Mark Brooks
Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

Events and Adventures Company Information