4.11/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Events and Adventures

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Events and Adventures is more than just a social club -- it’s a way to experience new adventures while making new friends. We are located in Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Minneapolis, Phoenix, San Francisco, Santa Clara, and Vancouver BC.

Events & Adventures is a safe, invitation-only network of people with a common thread: to get out and meet new people. With 30-50 local events each month, you’ll easily be able to find events you’re interested in meet people with common interests. Whether it's horseback riding, skydiving, wine tasting or just a casual hangout! Visit us online to learn more about how you can get the ball rolling.

Events and Adventures Gallery (10)

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 18, 2017

833 Events and Adventures Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

My sister got me to sign up for Events & Adventures. They did a screening process and not anyone can join. I was nervous before I arrived at my first event because I hadn’t gone to the first meeting for all the new people. I went on my own so I didn’t know exactly what to expect. I started talking to some people and I had a lot of fun. Everyone is super nice and easy to talk to. Plus I've met a guy that I'm seeing now. I plan on doing anything that catches my eye. I like being outdoors and doing the relaxing stuff. I also plan on doing the New Year’s Eve trip.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I moved to Seattle a year ago and Events & Adventures have singles and actual events to learn about Seattle. When I went to my first event, I had already come and gone through the whole interview process so I was a little bit nervous and didn't know what to expect. It was a game night at a bar in the Bronx. There was a segregated area for the club which added a little bit more professionalism to it. There was a host, who was friendly, and there were signing sheets which made it more legit. Then I went on one camping trip and five other events. But at that point, I was still not sure if I was going to get everything I want from E&A.

Then I met Curtis from their Seattle office. He was at the camping trip and I told him my impression that the website is outdated and that it makes things really difficult. They took that on board and they've changed a lot of stuff on the website to make sure it was better to understand and interpret. The hiking trip and the 30-year party were my favorite events. During the pre-planning of the hiking trip, we had a bit of turnover and the things they had planned were for a larger group, so it was weird. But it was at a good location. I am also about to get a dog, but I can't bring it with me to the events. They have dog walks but they aren't dog hikes, which I think would be really good.

E&A is a club that allows the opportunity to meet people while doing events throughout Seattle and they do what exactly they portray themselves to be. With them, I've made friends and got to see and experience Seattle in a way that I never would. It allowed me to take layers off of Seattle that was hard to do on my own. So, for that in itself, it's a great club. There is less opportunity to meet people in terms of dating, but it is not a dating group, which sometimes gets confused when you first approach the club. I am happy with my experience and I would recommend E&A.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I was interested in meeting other single people in Events & Adventures and I remember feeling nervous when I arrived at my first event. I was a member and then I left for a little while and I came back. I have attended 10 to 15 events and they’ve all been pretty fun, like the game The Sounders. I did whale watching, a bonfire, a soccer game, fused glassmaking, and a distillery tour. I’ve also taken 2-hour local trips and I'm doing October Fest this weekend. It's an awesome experience and I’ve made new friends. The people are really warm and welcoming and they’re always really great.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I felt apprehensive before the first event four years ago, but I have attended a trip to Peru and quite a few events since. I've joined potluck picnic, bowling, and dinner activities. I was going out and having fun.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I had the opportunity to go out and meet new people with Events & Adventures. I felt anxious, excited and nervous when I arrived at my first event but it changed when I got to know people through time and built rapport with them. I became more confident and excited with people. I enjoy the live music and the shows are nice. It’s worth a lot of fun. I’ve participated in a camping trip in Dallas, a kickball night, a heart trail walk but the last one I attended was a botched attempt. It started late in the evening and we waited for an extra 15 or 20 minutes. There were a few of us who were not happy about it because we have work the next day and we don’t have time for people who aren’t punctual. So far, I’ve attended 20 events in the last two months and my favorite trip was at Howl at the Moon.

Most of the events are over the Northwest and Southeast. It will be great if Events & Adventures have events spread out around the other routes of the Houston area. I wish they would branch out to more cities then we could have more interaction with people from other places when something’s not happening in the Houston area. There’s some stuff I like to repeat a lot but it would be nicer to get a bit more creative instead of doing the same exact thing. I’d recommend Events and Adventures to people. It’s a lot of fun and it’s really great to be out, meet people and do new things I normally wouldn’t do.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Events and Adventures?

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I chanced upon about Events & Adventures on the radio and I got interested in getting the chance to meet new people and do different things without having to do it by myself. So far, I have only gotten to one event and it’s a Ranger’s game. I was pretty busy that day because it was a weekday and there was a lot of traffic driving up there. Also, Events & Adventures changed the host in the last minute and I wasn't notified. I had to call Jacky and get the number from her, so that was a bit of a wait while I was trying to rush for time. I was worried that the group would go in without me and then I’d end up stuck outside. But it turned out fine and I had a lot of fun. The seats were pretty decent as well. I plan to go to more events and trips in the future.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I like international travel so I joined Events and Adventures. I was excited and nervous for my first event about 6 weeks ago but it went easy after and I’ve gone to a bunch of events since then, which has been a lot of fun. I've done everything from kickball or pub mingle to an all-day whale-watching excursion or an evening cruise on Lake Washington. Everything’s been good and I’ve made a new friend. Events and Adventures gives you the opportunity to get out and do things that you wouldn’t do by yourself.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I was doing Match.com and attending their events. My favorite part about them was the actual event, so I figured that Events & Adventures would be like that without the online thing. I like that I was going to meet new people at actual events and I was nervous at my first. The first event was good and the host was good, too. It was fun. I'm a single mom, so I have every other weekend and I go to three to four events a month. Also, both of the trips I've gone to were fantastic. I went to the England-Scotland-Iceland trip, and then I went to the Thailand trip. I also like the weird art ones like the glass fusion and throwing pottery. And I have made several friends.

But we really wish that they would add more food on the trips. I'm a chef and the food that we do as a group is really crappy. They should have a package that's really good, local food, not like American food. I have been traveling with a whole bunch and when we went to Thailand, half the group didn't want to eat Thai food, so I understand why E&A do it. But I wish that there was another level like instead of paying for a solo room, I pay for better food. That would be awesome for where ever country you are in.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Events and Adventures is a great way to explore the city and meet new friends, and I was so excited about my first event with them. After that, I usually attend five events a month and the camping trips have been my favorite. I had a Memorial Day weekend as well as a Labor Day weekend and they were so much fun. We stayed in tents and there were lots of different activities. Then four months ago, I made new friends and found a significant other.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

Events and Adventures is activity-based so it was interesting for me. We also do a lot of group activities that I'd like to do together. On my first event, I was nervous because I wasn’t sure how the dynamics were going to be or the environment. But it changed because there was no pressure about dating anybody and it’s more like hanging out with friends. I'm a regular on volleyball and hiking and I’ve gone to some of the festivals and beer crawls. But my favorite is the Ropes Course in Lawson. Then they have a sports arena event that's coming up that I'm attending. I’ve attended more than 20 events and I used to attend two per week but it’s one per week now because I have no time.

I’ve had opportunities to date other people but I have not and though I haven't found a significant other, I’ve made a lot of good friends. So, I feel comfortable attending the events because of the people that I know. It's a wonderful group of people in more of a social aspect within a similar age range and that's what I was looking for. The things that we've done and the people that I've met changed or improved my life. It made me go in a better positive direction and have more confidence in myself.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

I'm hard to please but I've done two whitewater rafting trips in Colorado and Wisconsin with Events & Adventures which I absolutely love. One was in June and one in July. I've met people from the Colorado trip and I stayed in contact with a couple of other girls. One of them, Kelly who is from Chicago, was the one who told me about the Wisconsin trip. Reed, the coordinator for the Colorado trip, was fabulous. The price point, the time, everything with that trip was great, and it's the same thing with the Wisconsin trip. I wasn't happy with the food there, though, but it was beautiful. There was this weird guy, though, that wanted to connect on Facebook and I'm sure if I'd let him, he'd wanted to date me.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

With Events and Adventures, I got to travel around and meet new people and do stuff. I was nervous before my first event but I got over it quickly. I started attending events at the end of July with an average of four events a week. I did the 30th Anniversary event and that was fun. I also did a Karaoke night last night. I did the Pizza 101 and Pico ball. They also did a juice crall that was like a pub club but with different juice bars. My favorite was the Salt River Tubing. I've met a lot of new friends and I've been having a great time so far. E&A takes me out instead of staying at home all day. I haven't done a trip with E&A yet but, I am signed up to do one in Antarctica in 2019.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I was cleaning one of my customers’ house and they were listening to something and it was talking about a 30-day free trial so I figure I’d give Events & Adventures a whirl and then winded up signing up. I am trying to figure out who I am again after my husband died in May. We were married for 28 years and he was sick for the last seven years. One of the things that I like about Events & Adventures is it’s not a dating site so I’m not getting set-up because I don’t think I’m close to dating yet but I like to go out and do things with other single people. I love my kids and my mom but I am really tired of going out with them and I want to have fun that’s not with my family.

I have been to four or five events, so far. I like that there is a variety of ages there in Events & Adventures. I went to the Try Something New Dinner, which was Ethiopian food, and it was very interesting. I’ve been to a pool party, to the 80s thing, and then the bowling and laser tag thing Saturday Night which I really enjoyed. I was there for a couple of weeks and I had the flu without fever which winded up being the Lyme disease. I found out that when I went to Louisiana for Easter, I got bit by a tick that was infected. I got tested for it, so for two months, I got to the antibiotics that got me very nauseated. I’d get to the event but I’d feel really lost. When I got home, I thought about taking a break for a couple of months so my body would heal from this. I’ll take one of the nine-month breaks next month.

The people at Events & Adventures are thinking if I’m on antibiotics supplement that I shouldn’t have trouble with the Lyme disease so I start to get flu again above it. I was not planning on getting sick when I joined this and I hope to get on with more activities. There’s one girl that’s been to a couple of events and we’ve talked and we seemed to have made a connection but we haven’t exchanged phone numbers.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

It’s nice to have an environment where you’re not specifically looking for another person but you are looking for a friend, so I paid for a membership with Events & Adventures. I went to the welcome meeting and initially, there wasn’t any activity that I wanted to sign up for. When I finally got myself to go to an event, I was so excited because the activity involved climbing up on ribbons and doing acrobatic stuff. It was supposed to start at 8:15 on a Thursday night and I figured they’ve got that first 15 minutes to get us acclimated then we’d be going by 8:45-9:00. But there was some confusion over where we were supposed to be and where the instructor was. Nobody had any idea what was going on for a while. Then finally, Emily, the coordinator, got a hold of the instructor and they got over, but it was almost 9:00.

There were 18 people there and there were six sets of ropes so if it would be three people to a set of ropes and it was a 90 minute class, we’d only get 30 minutes to do the activity. We still have to do some stretching then go through all the training to understand how to do it, so we’re not even going to get to the ribbon thing until 9:30 or 10:00. I didn’t even know how they were going to switch off with having three people per set of ropes. So I told Emily that I’ll just catch the net activity because I still have to be at work at 7 am the next day. I had a meeting in the morning and I didn’t want to be groggy or look like somebody who’s been out late. She asked me if she could set me up to go first but I told her that that’s not fair because everybody would want that. I was supposed to be getting along with these people but if I go in and tell everyone that I want to do this and go, then that’s not really an experience.

The problem was that Emily had not coordinated where we were supposed to be, where the teachers were going to be, and the place where we’re supposed to go because we all showed up at a completely different place. In the end, I talked to a couple of people who were standing there with me while we were waiting and I had a pretty good time. But nobody I liked talked to me again from the first meeting. Still, I’m going to sign up for a bunch of different stuff. I’ll either run into somebody that I'll get along really well or I’ll just meet people that I happen to meet at several different events like we have the same kind of interest.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Events and Adventures was something new in my life and I like them. They organize a couple of events every week and I've attended five so far. I went to a wine tasting last week and then a couple of hiking trips. I've made a friend and Events and Adventures has been very good.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

My experience with Events & Adventures has been really good so far. I went bowling and went to one of the event mixers. I also went to Dave & Buster which was a games night and went on kayak trip which was fine. I'm slow to make friends in general but I made a couple and got to the point where I know several when I see them. They were very kind and the hosts were helpful as well. I’m glad that they're having some events in the west segment of the town because I live in Fort Worth. I tried to go to those events which were usually dining establishment events. I’m a private person so I was reluctant to share with the entire world what I was doing, but Events and Adventures opened doors for me socially. I look forward to a craft event that’s coming up this Sunday.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I'm fairly new to the city and doing fun events with different singles got me interested in Events & Adventures. I like meeting people so was I was excited, and I've met friends. I went to an Italian dinner and I liked the paddleboarding on Union Reservoir. This Friday, I'm going to go to a rocky skiing. However, I'm not getting what I've put in, money-wise. I've only been able to do one or two events a month due to my schedule. They have some great choices and they're well organized, and I wish I could do more because I have some wonderful opportunities to get out there.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

My dad mentioned Events & Adventures to me and it was the first time that I heard about them. Then, I heard about them again on the radio. Because I just moved from New York City to Texas, I don’t know anybody yet. And so I liked the idea of a friendly community that I can join to meet people and make friends. The event that I always go to is volleyball on Wednesday nights. It’s my favorite thing because it’s a lot of fun. I enjoy football on Friday nights as well. I also went to the main event on Saturday for laser tag and bowling. They’re good groups for both of those. There’s a lot of friendly faces that I’m used to seeing and we always chat and say, “Hi.”

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I was interested in getting out and doing stuff and so far I’ve attended around 20 events with Events and Adventures. I’ve done hikes, sushi night, the Blues and dance lessons but the billiard's night is my favorite. Plus I’m going to the Rockies and Avalanche games. And because of Events and Adventures I have made friends.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I was interested in joining Events & Adventures to be able to go out with people and have friends to go on vacations with. My favorite event that we did this summer was the pool party. But I only attended events for a couple months and paused it because I'm out in L.A for school.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

I work out of a home office and my only child went off to college. I wanted to meet new people so I joined Events and Adventures. I was nervous at my first event. I live quite away from where most of the events are and I had to drive in about an hour and fifteen minutes to get there. I got to the event, went in and everything happened. The icebreaker night was my first event. I've also gone kayaking, paddle boat tour, the boat ride up at Taylors Falls and my favorite was the white water rafting. It was about an hour and a half north of me so I just went there. The hot air ballooning was canceled since the weather was bad. I’m waiting to see if they get that rescheduled. I’ve made new friends through those activities. However, the host could be more organized because it makes the experience really nice if you’re coming in and new to the process and the host is really on top of things. Nonetheless, it has been fun a fun experience.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I'm trying to find the right person to settle down with and with Events and Adventures, I've been meeting new people. For my first event, I was a little nervous like any first date, but I'm a people person so I tend to settle in really quickly. I've made a lot of friends since then, and I've been through one relationship already and I'm starting on a second one. So far I've attended 11 events and the beach day was my favorite. Overall, it's a good group of people and I get out and get to experience new things.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

I've attended about six events with Events and Adventures, and I have recommended them to friends. Everybody was friendly and easy to get along with. I was interested mostly because the events are for singles only. That’s a good thing. Nobody likes being the third wheel. I liked the archery event and there was also the new member mingler which was nice, too. I'm going for air gliding on Sunday and that would be my next favorite. They have a lot of events that are downtown but I drive a big truck so the only problem is the parking. But people tend to give me room. I’ve also made more friends and it will get a little bit more fun once I involve myself more. After I signed up, that’s when all of a sudden everything’s hard and very busy for me with work and what not.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

On the radio, Events and Adventures promoted different types of events and doing new things like skydiving and trips, and it seemed like a fun way to meet new people and try new things. I joined in late June and I was ready to try something new so it was exciting to go to my first event. Since joining, I have attended 10 events and I have been doing different things I've never tried before. My favorite was the water park at Typhoon Texas. I've been to two water parks and done the trampoline dodge ball and axe throwing. I also went to the Fourth of July party at the clubhouse and I've gone on a bike tour for the Buffalo Bayou. I've really enjoyed being a member of the club so far and I'm glad I joined because I met my boyfriend through it. It's been a fun, exciting and positive experience overall.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I signed up with Events and Adventures August of last year. I've gone to 40 events since then, averaging with 4 events a month. I like the fact that events were planned throughout the month, were pre-setup and that you could just participate in as you want to. That really appealed to me. There is also flexibility on how you're able to do the events. There wasn’t necessarily a targeted singles thing. The first Events and Adventures event that I went to was an ice breaker event. The purpose of it was for new members to get comfortable with the club. Before I arrived, I felt a little awkward because you basically thrust into a situation where you don’t know anybody at all. There’s a little bit of a trepidation there in that regard but people ended up being really easy to get along with so that was good. It was a game night so by the end of it, everyone got around together and was just playing games. It was a lot easier to hang out.

It’s a really positive group of people. They’re up for everything. I’m hosting events now as well and it's been an interesting experience to be on that side too. Some of the events that I've gone to were really good, such as the roach course, the roller skating karaoke, Cooking with Anita, and the one hosted by a husband and wife in their house where we cooked a multi-course meal and served it. Events & Adventures is enjoyable and it's expanded my social world. I also met my girlfriend through it. Events and Adventures is a really good organization. It revolves around the host and the event coordinator. Giving invitation to clubs as well as the variety of events throughout the month are good ideas. I've recommended Events and Adventures to five of my friends already.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

Events & Adventures did a presentation in the apartment complex that I was living in at the time. Getting out and finding new things to do in the area and making new friends was interesting. I was a little apprehensive about the first event because I didn’t know what it was going to be like but it was very positive after that. I also do hostings for Events & Adventures. I’ve attended hundreds of events and nine international trips. My favorite would be the trip to China. We also did whitewater rafting on the Mattawa River, skydiving, evening cruises on Lake Union, and camp-outs. Most of the events are really good and I’ve enjoyed them. It’s just a matter of attitude.

For the cost of the events, it’s also a good value. Plus, I’ve made quite a few friends. The group that joined shortly after I did, we still keep in contact with each other and occasionally get together. We may also see each other again at the 30th-anniversary party next month. I’m late up due to foot surgery so, otherwise, I would be going on the Cuba trip in January, too. It’s been an adventure.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

I like that Events and Adventures have events planned out so I decided to join. The first event I went to was for newcomers to mingle which I was ready for. After that, I participated in their events four times a month and so far, the trip to San Juan Island is my favorite. I've also attended sailing, indoor shooting, hiking, comedy clubs and building a terrarium. Everything went well.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I heard on the radio that Events & Adventures do various activities and it's for singles. I was a little nervous for my first event because I didn't know anyone. But after I arrived, everyone was very friendly and talking to the other people. And pretty soon, I had several people talking to me and that was nice. I've been part of Events & Adventures for a year and a few months now, so I've attended many events already since I do several activities every month.

I like all the different activities. There are usually activities that I wouldn't normally even hear about or even get to do. So, at least I'd get to try out new things and meet new people at the same time. We went out to eat and meet at various restaurants or bars where we did an activity such as playing putt-putt. We've also done obstacle courses where I was up high on some sort of platform and I've done ropewalks. It was a lot of fun. I made a lot of new friends and also dated. Overall, Events and Adventures is a great group that welcomes you and allows you to do a lot of different things that you normally never do. So, if all your friends are married or you're new to the area, Events and Adventures really gets you out and experience the new city in different ways.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

I felt a little nervous during my first event with Events and Adventures but that changed. Everyone there seems open and inviting for the most part. I went to three events so far and one was a lot of fun. I've made acquaintances during those times. The few people I met on their Facebook page seem a little full of themselves but I haven't actually met them in person yet. I've got a couple events that are scheduled. One is called Whirlyball. It's like a Fussball with a wiffle ball but in a bumper car. Overall my experience with Events and Adventures has been good so far.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

I was new and just moved into this area so I was trying to find clubs where I can make friends. I found Events & Adventures on the internet which was more on socializing, making fun and going to places where I wouldn't go by myself. They allowed me to have six months subscription because I was not sure about our stay here and what to expect from the club so I paid a one-time payment up front and became a member the end of March, and for the next three months. My first event was very welcoming and I felt good. I meet good friends and all people are great. I've been trying to go to one or two events every week, and sometimes three. I also heard upon water rafting and camping trip to Canada, and it was my favorite.

However, I’ve been so busy because I bought a house and didn't have any time to go to any Events & Adventures in July or August and I try to. I didn't want to cancel. I just wanted to postpone it for the two months that I cannot attend then attend in the future when I can and done moving with all of my things. So I sent an email to customer service to see if they could put my membership on hold and extend by September or October, but I never heard and received any reply. My subscription will be over and out of those six months, I didn't use two months so it's a little bit of a pain and I don't have any refund. Other than the financial thing, it's been a very good experience. It's a nice club but it depends on people’s expectation. I wouldn't recommend it if their expectations are for dating, but I would if it is for socializing and making friends.

Events and Adventures Company Information