Accredited Partner

Events and Adventures

Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Minneapolis, Phoenix, San Francisco, Santa Clara, and Vancouver BC

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.90/5
Compare Features

Events and Adventures is more than just a social club -- it’s a way to experience new adventures while making new friends. We are located in Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Minneapolis, Phoenix, San Francisco, Santa Clara, Seattle and Vancouver, BC.

Events & Adventures is a safe, invitation-only network of people with a common thread: to get out and meet new people. With 30-50 local events each month, you’ll easily be able to find events you’re interested in meet people with common interests. Whether it's horseback riding, skydiving, wine tasting or just a casual hangout! Visit us online to learn more about how you can get the ball rolling.

Events and Adventures Gallery (10)
View More View More
Events and Adventures Call Now Toll Free (800) 386-0866 Learn More Compare Features
Call Now Toll Free

Events and Adventures Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: April 29, 2020

I wanted to make some new friends and I was nervous before arriving at my first event but it absolutely changed after I arrived. I joined about nine events. My favorite was the networking event that they had and the bingo was fun. My favorite events are any of the stuff that they have at bars where you’re just out talking to people. Once the world gets back to normal, I like to go to more events. I’ve signed up for the camping trip on Memorial Day weekend if that still happens. I haven't made any close friends but I haven't gone to enough events.

Events and Adventures is a singles club and they have an event every other night of the week, but my main complaint is they not always have an event on a Saturday night. They’ll have a Saturday afternoon activity and I have my kids 24 days a month. I'm only able to go to an event every other week because I have my kids most of the time. I'm not the only single parent in the club by far and if I'm on the same weekend schedule, somebody else there is having the exact same problem that I have. Also, that same Saturday activity will be the afternoon activity and it all involves food. I have food allergies. So, a lot of times, that means there’s nothing for me to do that day.

There’s a big premium on this club. So a part of me is asking whether should I continue paying for this when half of the time I can’t even use it because they don’t have an event on Saturday nights. When I contacted them, their rep just said that they have all these other events during the week. But I can't go to those. I attend their event every time I can because that’s all I've got. So I would like to see them have a Saturday night activity every Saturday night.

Events and Adventures response

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review Rebecca. We are glad you are enjoying the events!

Get buying tips about Matchmaking Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

On the average, I go to about three events a week. I like hanging out with the people. I've been a member since August, and they let me become a host a little early because I attend so many events, and I already know a ton of people here in the Bay Area because of that. So a lot of people trust me in meeting up with the new members.

As a host, I’m in charge of making sure people find a venue properly, making sure that people are included, and I have to make sure that people are having a good time. If somebody brings a guest and they signed up a guest, I have to take down their signatures for waivers and their driver’s license to make sure that they're of age so they can go with us. I make sure I guide people, like if we’re doing a hike, I would lead the hike. And then if we’re at a restaurant, I take point on leading us when to check in, or not check in, but if the staff has any questions, they always come to me. They don’t have to go to a different person every time.

I hosted a skeet shooting not so long ago and I talked to the staff over there. I decided it would be best that we split into two groups and there would be one guy per group. I take it upon myself to go a little bit extra and I take photos of everybody and I send it to people. We have our Facebook group and I share it on there. And then for the people that don’t believe in Facebook, I contact them individually and email them the little video shots and photos. They're pretty happy with that. It’s kinda like everybody knows me and then I can introduce people to others. So it works. The current group is doing a good job in doing what we’re doing.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

I liked that Events and Adventures was a group for single people. And for me, being single, I had done other meetup groups and stuff like that, but usually, they’re event-focused. It was nice to have an event group that kind had a broad range of activities and it was specifically geared towards single people so it took that mystery out of trying to guess whether someone was in a relationship or not.

I was extremely excited to meet other people and to see what it was like. But at the same time, I was kinda nervous because I didn’t know what to expect. I had gone to other meetup groups, but I didn’t know how that compared to an Events and Adventures kind of group. But then the host was excellent. I introduced myself and I explained it was my first event, so she helped ease that, and then gave me a rundown of what was happening. And you do an introduction with everyone, so once the introductions were done, then that nervousness went away.

I’ve done the long weekend things only within Canada. Whereas most of the trips, they’re expensive and complicated to get to so it turned me away from doing any of them. They always wanna meet in the United States, everything’s in US dollars, that kind of thing. I do more of the adventurous ones. I did a lot of the hiking ones. I tried some random ones, like a drive-in movie. And then I did some things that I probably would’ve never done like we went to White Rock and just walked along the pier, like a sunset stroll.

And then I did two long weekends. We went to Whistler just this weekend, which was nice. And then the previous one was white water rafting. The ones before that were skydiving and caving. I really enjoy the quality of the events. I’ve made some casual friends. You meet them at the events and you talk, but you don’t really associate out of the events. And then I have a girlfriend now and our relationship has been going on for about three months. I met her through Events and Adventures.

Original review: June 10, 2019

Events and Adventures helped me in exploring new places in and out of the city and meeting new people. That's kind of interesting. Every time you have something new to do, something new to learn, and someone new to meet. I was kind of nervous being in my first event. I didn't know how it was gonna be - if I could get along with people or if I would like the event. But it went very well. I liked the way the host understood me. His name is Alex. Every place I go to, I just get along with the new people.

I registered for seven events and trips but I have only been to four. I had to travel from a city in Indiana to Chicago. Sometimes, I register for an event but am unable to reach the place because of my travel issues like car troubles. I registered for a Whirlyball activity which I would have liked to do. The other one was at Dave and Buster's. I registered for a party too but that was full so I was unable to go there. My favorite events so far were at Bones Bar and the first event which was a laser tag activity. That was very good. It's summer and I would like to go and do things outdoors. I'll be going to one event this weekend.

There's a time gap among the events I have been to so I was not able to make any new friends until now. But looking forward, I'd like to make some new ones. I think it depends on how frequent I go to the events. There will be very few people who will be coming to every event and there will be new people every time. Some people who will be coming to the event I will be going to this week may or may not be coming to the next event I go to. The probability of meeting the same people again and again is very low. This case needs to be considered.

Otherwise, the event hosts are very friendly and they keep things going. The venues Events and Adventures pick out and the type of events are so different which help people. For example, there are a few events which are related to some different cultures like the Mexican culture. Learning this new culture or just getting to know the different types of food from different places are good memories you make. Overall, everything is good. I think I just need to be able to make it to the events frequently and meet more people.

Original review: June 2, 2019

I heard about E&A on 93.3 Radio for advertisement here in Arizona but at the time, I was in a relationship. After that relationship ended in October, I stepped away from dating. But in the beginning of this year, my mother mentioned E&A and asked if I had ever thought of checking it out. Who do you want to hear from that you're single and you should probably try to move on? Your mother. It thought it had been a few months and maybe I should go and check it out. There were three categories given to me when I first was doing my interview. There were travel, romance and friends, and what I said interested me was romance.

My dad was a marine so I've traveled every few years to all around the world and I've done vacations. So I've done travel and I would probably do travel with my family still. I also have a ton of friends here in Arizona. It's primarily why I stayed here. But I enjoyed the feeling of being in a relationship and the happiness that I felt from it, and I would like to try and find it again.

I was a little nervous driving up to my first event. I was thinking what this was gonna mean and to not be awkward. But my first event was volleyball. This wasn't a speed dating thing. I was not there to try and get numbers. I was there as just another person who is interested in playing volleyball. I told myself to be nice, friendly and charismatic, and to be myself. I told myself that while I was at it, to see who else was there, to take advantage of seeing all these people needing to be social, and to see who's social and who's not. By the start of the event and getting into it, I was just having a good time with new friends.

At this point, I've done volleyball twice. I have been with the club for about two months and I've been to seven events. My next events would be volleyball next Wednesday and then it's a luau party that Saturday. I've also done broomball twice and I'm trying to do more things like that, like at the burger and bowling. When I first started out, I was just trying to do the pretty fun ones like the volleyball and game nights. I'm slowly trying to get into more and I'm excited for the salt river adventure at the end of the month. So I'm trying to expand out more because I wanna take more advantage of it and I found out that I enjoyed hanging out with other people that aren't my main friends from Arizona.

The biggest surprise to me, which I thought was the most pleasant was that I went in hoping to see if I could find a significant other but there's a lot of great people that I didn't expect to connect with on a friend level and I enjoy just talking with them when I go to events. One of the hosts that I hang out with was my first host at volleyball, Kevin. I remember going to his game night and we talked for an hour about heavy rock. It seems like there's a huge community of people who like to go and do group things that aren't necessarily E&A but they get E&A people together. I've gotten to connect with everyone and make friends, like Kevin, so that's been really fun to do. That's my biggest highlight from that.

I have also found someone I am interested in pursuing. We've exchanged numbers and gone on a very casual date. This person is very laid back and very tomboyish which isn't a problem. I think that's cool and she's cool. But it's a different thing that I've had to tackle so I was trying to slow myself down, enjoy being casual and take the time to get to know this person more. Having just left a really serious relationship, I'm trying to stop myself from wanting to rush things and ruin it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Events and Adventures?

Original review: April 30, 2020

Everybody at my first Events and Adventures event made me feel very welcome. I felt comfortable there. Since then, I've been to 20 events and one of my favorites was the glass-blowing class. They have a great group at Events and Adventures and I enjoy the events. So far, I've made a couple of friends. I look forward to being able to do this again.

Events and Adventures response

Teri thank you so much for your feedback, this is a great review! Glad you enjoyed glass blowing

Original review: April 26, 2020

I was looking for something to do and with Events and Adventures, I've been on one trip and a lot of events. I've participated in bubble soccer, hiking, biking, happy hours, and game nights. My favorite activities are the outdoor ones and I've made new friends.

Events and Adventures response

Thank you for your review Joshua, we love our trips too!

Original review: April 23, 2020

A friend told me about Events & Adventures, and I was feeling fine and happy to go to a new event. I've gone to four or five events, and I enjoyed them. I met new friends, and I still keep in touch with some girls. It’s a good place to meet new friends and to do things that you usually do not think to do.

Events and Adventures response

Thank you Edith! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us feedback. Hope to see you at an event soon.

Original review: April 20, 2020

I work out of my house, I’m single, and my kids are grown. So, I spend a lot of time by myself and I wanted to get out there, socialize, and have an opportunity to do some things or go to some places that I might not have even known about. I wasn’t necessarily looking for dating, but if it happens, great. If it doesn’t, that’s okay too. I signed up with Events and Adventures on the Friday of Memorial weekend and the first event I attended was on the following Sunday. It was a brunch and they told me that lots of people were gone at the camping event that they did with Chicago, so I wouldn’t be seeing a lot of people there. But I felt good about it. It’s always a little weird to show up for things when you don’t know people, but the people that I met there were friendly.

I also went to some E&A events in Phoenix when I spent the entire month of January down there and the experience was kinda nice. I went to an Indian dinner and a mixer at a member’s house where they did a card game and had a chili cook off. I also went to comedy club event down there. In the summer, I will sign up for events where it requires a deposit and I like the boating ones that they have done in the summertime. I've been to three different boating events and I also like the pub crawl ones. I would go to more dinner ones, but they seem to be limited in the number of people that they can allow, so they fill up really fast. And I know that’s because the restaurants won’t allow more than a certain number of people in reservation. But still, it’s kind of disappointing if you wanna go.

Other than that, I don’t like going to anything in the winter because I hate winter with a passion. It gets really cold here and the weather can turn on the dime. And sometimes, they have events where you have to pay and if there’s any kind of weather, I won’t go. Then I lose my deposit on it or I lose everything on it. So, I tend to not sign up for anything in the wintertime that requires a payment. If it’s a happy hour or some kind of a micro-brew get-together and anybody can just show up, I might go to those because if there’s a weather event, it doesn’t matter if I cancel it. So, in the wintertime I tend not to sign up for those types of events.

Then sometimes, there are issues of getting on the website on signup day. It crashes or it says that you don’t have authorization. So, by the time you get logged on, everything you want is full. All those types of special things that have limited numbers are full, so that could be disappointing. Sometimes that happens, but sometimes it doesn’t. And right now, everybody is super disappointed because of the COVID-19 thing. I have no desire to attend virtual events and I haven't done anything since the COVID thing started because my point in joining is to get out of the house and do real things with real people. So, I’ve spent enough time on my own.

Also, when I signed up, the guy that signed me up told me that there were 6,000 members in the Twin Cities and I thought that was awesome, but I don’t see that. And I’m seriously doubting if there are 600, so I felt like I was lied to. So, I’ll give it a year, which will be over by end of May, then if I don’t feel better about it, I'm gonna see if I can get some of my money back and cancel my membership. I bought the three-year membership and I can’t get a membership hold. Plus, I wasn’t really using it very much because I felt like a lot of times the events were the same old stuff all the time and they need more fresh is ideas. I could just pay for a year and get a refund on the rest because I feel like it’s the same 50 people that show up for everything.

Events and Adventures response

We would like to apologize for your experience Barbara. We're sorry to hear you were less than satisfied with Events & Adventures. We are actually working on getting our site moved to a new server for an improved member experience. We are also working on an app!

We can definitely offer you a freeze on your membership- we always allow members to freeze their accounts when needed, especially during this difficult time. We actually have a Senior Event Manager over Minneapolis now so you should see new events, currently we are doing a majority of events virtually to comply with CDC Guidelines and local mandates in regards to Shelter In Place orders. We are excited to get back to our normal activities!

Original review: April 10, 2020

I got interested in joining Events and Adventures because of the events and being able to get out and do something enjoyable. However, the events are all about the same. Nothing really special about any of them.

Events and Adventures response

Geoffrey I am sorry to hear you feel that way. During this unprecedented time we have been offering different events than we normally would. We actually have an exciting plan for our in person events once we are able to continue with those!

Events and Adventures author review by Mark Brooks

Events & Adventures offers a unique take on the traditional concept of matchmaking. By adding in the element of adventure, this dating company works to take the nerves out of any first date.

• Group meetings: Events & Adventures makes a first date experience more like a social club. Everyone involved meets up for a fun activity and gets to know each other under easygoing circumstances.

• Vetting process: Meeting someone for the first time is filled with uncertainty. With Events & Adventures, participants know that the person they meet is who they say they are. A complete vetting prior to any adventure helps ensure a safe and fun time.

• Dating for introverts: In most dating situations, the extroverts get all the attention, but this unique dating service works just as well for the introverts out there. It allows a group of people to meet and interact naturally, removing the stress of the dating atmosphere.

• Activity variety: Put the dinner and a movie model out of your mind when you sign up with Events & Adventures. They offer 30-50 great event choices each month.

• International adventures: Where most dating services feel they've done their job after the first date, Events & Adventures works to keep the fun going all around the world. Participants can enjoy local activities and international travel, all with a group of like-minded adults.

by Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

Events and Adventures Company Information