Events and Adventures

Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Minneapolis, Phoenix, San Francisco, Santa Clara, and Vancouver BC

3.8/5 (191 ratings)
Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

About Events and Adventures

Events and Adventures is an invitation-only network of singles and others looking to meet people with similar interests. It offers 30 to 50 local events each month, including horseback riding, skydiving, wine tasting and simple hangouts. Visit its website to learn more about how to get involved.

Pros

• Large membership
  • Available in 12 major cities
  • 30 or more local events per month
  • Various activities

Cons

• Membership is pricey
  • Additional costs
  • Must offer proof of divorce process

Bottom Line

Events and Adventures offers activity-based dating with opportunities for travel and group events. It’s pricey but might be ideal if you want a more exciting dating life.

Top Events and Adventures Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Events and Adventures is a great club to be involved in when you're going through a transition and even later. It's a great program. I've met a lot of friends so that worked out r...

Verified

… I was looking for events in my area and an ad for Events and Adventures kept popping up. I thought there was something to it so that was when I looked it up… I love the people t...

What is Events and Adventures?

Events and Adventures is an activity-based dating service available in 12 North American cities. It brings together singles and others in a fun, low-stress setting. These groups, called dating clubs, gather in Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Minneapolis, Phoenix, San Francisco, Santa Clara, Seattle and Vancouver, British Columbia. The company also offers travel experiences, including ski excursions, cruises, sailing trips and European tours.

How does Events and Adventures work?

You can apply online to receive a call with details about travel opportunities, events and pricing. The company sets up a virtual meeting to get to know you before screening and approving your application. Once accepted, you’ll sign a contract and pay for a one- or two-year membership, then you can attend any upcoming events. Depending on your location, you should have multiple events (with 20 to 40 attendees each) to choose from each month.

You must be single and over 21 to apply for an Events and Adventures membership. You can join if you’re in the process of getting a divorce, but you have to provide proof you’ve filed.

Events and Adventures cost

It’s typical to pay between $100 to $200 per month for your Events and Adventures membership, although price varies by location. Your membership fee won’t cover all events; expect to pay from $40 to $200 for some activities. You can cancel your membership within 24 hours of sign-up for a full refund or within three days for a partial refund (minus a $400 processing charge). The company offers no other refunds or guarantees.

Events and Adventures FAQ

How many events does Events and Adventures host each month?
The company typically around 30 local events each month.
How do I sign up for Events and Adventures?
You can get started by visiting its website.
Is there an age limit for Event and Adventures?
You must be over 21 to join.
Where is Events and Adventures available?
Events and Adventures is available in Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Minneapolis, Phoenix, San Francisco, Santa Clara, Seattle and Vancouver, British Columbia.

Is Events and Adventures worth it?

Events and Adventures could be ideal if you’re bored with regular dating and searching for a partner with similar interests. The company hosts more than 30 events each month in each of its cities, so you're likely to find a few you'd like to attend. If you’re unmarried and over 21 — and if the membership and event costs aren’t over your budget — Events and Adventures might be a good option for you.

Events and Adventures Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Events and Adventures?

Original review: April 28, 2021

It was post-quarantine COVID-ish last year around August. I had been thinking about it for a while, and then I was recently single too from the summer, so I was trying to get back out there and meet new people. But a lot of our places were still closed. I heard that there was a lot more virtual things happening, so I wanted to check out the virtual events, and then also some of the in-person events, check out new hotspots in the area that I might not have heard of, and then not have to go alone because I would be there meeting up with a group. I initially signed up for a learn-more-about-it kind of session, and then it turned into the interview. And I was like, "All right, let's give it a shot." It's good.

However, I was talking to my event coordinator and looking at maybe freezing my account for a bit because I haven't been able to use Events and Adventures for the past month. A lot of things have been open and I've been so busy with my own little crew that has resurfaced since COVID. We've been swamped with our own events and I'm trying to save money. Some of the really cool events I want to go to are already an extra fee on top of my membership. Or the ones that I do want to go to, by the time I can finally check it out or get my brain wrapped around it, it's already full and I would be on the waiting list. In the beginning, it wasn't that bad because they gave us extra leeway for being new. They helped bump us up. But with me not being so new, being on the waitlist doesn't necessarily mean you always get in now.

I was trying to see what it would look like to cancel it, and then that's when my event coordinator told me about doing the freeze. It was part of my plan that I could freeze it for free for a bit. Because I know some programs, they make you pay a smaller amount. So, if it's free to freeze it, that's better. Other than that, I've had nothing but wonderful experiences with it. The people have been amazing.

I enjoy the dinners. One that stood out to me was one where I could bring something back. I love the ceramics and painting classes because you get something out of it. Not only are you networking, mingling and meeting, but then you also get something as a remembrance. I like the arts and craftsy kind of stuff. The Love is Blind virtual stuff was really fun. It's neat, like a blind and a speed dating kind of thing. No one has their video on and your name is some made-up name for the theme of the month, and then you just get put in the room with someone and you start talking for 10 minutes, and then they cycle you out. And then, you reveal yourself at the end after you've done three rounds with different people. And it's not just an Arizona thing, it's open to all the sites.

And then, the ones I wanted to try just hasn't worked out with my schedule. I wanted to go on some of those bigger trips because I am a big trip person. Some of the local weekend getaways or even going abroad are some of the ones that interested me too in the beginning to join. I like to organize trips and travel, and it's hard to get your own crew together, but because you can't get a crew doesn't mean you can't go. It's nice to know that there's someone already organizing it.

Get buying tips about Matchmaking Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

I was new in town, and I didn’t know anyone and where anything was. I heard about Events and Adventures on the radio and it was better than sitting at home alone. So, I made the appointment and I went it. At first, it was a little odd doing the background check. But once I started doing stuff with the group, it was nice. I feel safe and secure around other people in our group because I know they had the same background check as I did. I'm in a great group of people. I haven't had any issues with Events and Adventures. I met my boyfriend through the group, which is great too. I took down all my dating apps when I started with Events and Adventures because they’re not truthful on those dating apps. You're going in hoping to find your significant other or even your best friend, and you go online and they're all lies.

We can’t do the events that we can’t do right now and Jake’s Unlimited was one of my favorite ones pre-Covid. You go in and they have all these arcade games, bowling and laser tag. I loved it. For somebody considering Events and Adventures, it is a lot of money upfront. I paid 2,000 for my two-year membership and I wish we would have a little bit more explanation as to where those funds go because we pay quite a bit in events. I'm also a host now and when I started, the host credit went down to $20 an event.

I'm working from home and I have to reach out to everyone that signed up for the event, which is fine. Then, I have to take photos. For 20 bucks, there's a lot more work to it. They want us to post on Facebook if the event is not full. I have a full-time job. I don't have time to sit and watch the event calendar to make sure that people are signing up or if there are spots available. That part is a little frustrating. Still, it’s a lot safer than online dating. Out here in Phoenix, there are some hiking groups that are doing something similar to Events and Adventures. But when I see those on Facebook, there are kids at these events and you don't know who the people are. There is no background check on those.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

I had recently moved here to the Phoenix area so I thought to try Events and Adventures out and see what it was all about. It’s a great club. However, the only in-person event I've gone to was the new member meeting. I haven't felt comfortable going to the other ones due to covid. I've gone to a few virtual events which are nice. I did the Love is Blind event but I didn't think that our questionnaires were matched. People weren't showing up. We were being put into rooms just with anyone and the communication was hard. But that taught me that maybe those events aren't for me. So moving forward, I won’t sign up for those events. My goal is to find a good friend group. I'm not looking for a relationship and I was very open with my advisor that if that was how it was going to be pushed, that I would be not attending events because that's not what I want at the time.

Because of how much you have to pay a month, it would be nice to kind of like see an event and see if it's something you're really interested in doing before you sign up to do it full blown. I'm paying for a membership and I'm not happy about it because I'm not attending events. There are a lot of events but those events are not as close. Everything takes 20, 30 minutes to drive to. The events that seemed interesting are on a Monday but I'm a full-time grad student so I have grad school on Monday nights.

I don't know the cancellation policy which I'm kicking myself for even signing up and not knowing that. At this point, it would be best to cancel or not pay per month on this because I have so much going on with work. I would like to know is there a way that I can cancel? With the money that I've spent so far, I don't want to be reimbursed but I don't want to be billed moving forward. I've tried to reach out to the guy who signed me on and I never received any information back from him. It was regarding a concern I had prior to my first event. When I went to my first event, I spoke with my event manager and I felt better about the situation. But it would have been nice to have an email response back.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

I'm extremely new to San Francisco and it's COVID. I don't know anybody here. I was googling meetups and I figured Events and Adventures might be the best bet. When I was looking it up online, I saw all the cool things that were going on and even international trips. That's what caught my interest. The first experience I did was the Dolores Park Cards Against Humanity. It was the host and six of us. Everyone kinda came in a little bit later. The host told me that usually people show up a little bit later when there are free events like that. From that experience, I got to meet the people that were there. They all seemed nice. You could tell that some of them have social cue problems in a way but a lot of them were very open.

As I went to my third event which was the Tea Garden, I got to see some of the regulars as well as I could see this little clique that form into groups which was also interesting that I picked up on. It was almost like the group was split into two in a weird way. The host was great and I'm not trying to call anybody out or say it's a race thing, but it definitely felt kinda like it was. It was really odd for me. I guess this happens everywhere where if people see someone that they can relate to, they're gonna form that clique. I definitely got that vibe that one day. I did note that I wasn't the only one. I did notice another member brought it up too after the group split into two and the other members were trying to tell him it was not a big deal. I didn't say anything 'cause I was just trying to enjoy myself.

I attended three events in September but I haven't done any trips far out yet. I don't have my car here. It's in North Carolina. I was told that I can put online that I need a ride. I'm still getting to know the whole thing and doing road trips that I can here. I signed up for three or four this month and I just did one recently. It was a virtual Zoom meeting for new members. The next few events I have are something to do with Halloween and a bites and brew type of thing.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

Events and Adventures is working out good. It's just that I wasn't able to get on the cruise thing because I wasn't really familiar with Chicago. They had me go around three times from an entrance that was right there. Then when I got off, I was supposed to go to the left, and I went to the right. The rep kept texting me because she was trying to hold the boat. When I told her where I was at, she was telling me to come down and I said, "No. It's the other way." I missed it. So, that was like $90 gone. I wasn't really too happy about that.

I wanted to join Events and Adventures because it was something new. It's a different group setting people to do something. I'm single and I don't know a lot of activities to do as far as just the city because I just moved back here. I'm originally from here, but I just moved back. All I do is go to church and come home. I do stuff for my church, but sometimes I just wanna go outside of the box. It caught my eye that Events and Adventures had all of these activities, bowling, foosball, camping, the cruise and guacamole nights.

I went to the whirl thing. It was very open and pleasant, and everybody was speaking. Everybody's talking to one another. So, that was good. I tried to get on the whirlyball, but I just had knee surgery. My knee wasn't really comfortable in there, so I didn't keep going. I did it one time, but I didn't do it again. Then I went to play pool. It was nice. We all got together. They had appetizers, so that was great. Then we played pool, and we talked, and I took a shot. Also, I went to the bonfire. That was beautiful. I liked that. We all came together in like a potluck. So, we brought food. I did some ribs, and I helped them with first part of the grill, did some ribs and some kind of burgers. Then other people brought side dishes and stuff. It was really nice in the fire, and we bundled up, and we talked. I did the rooftop in Chicago, and it was nice as well.

With Events and Adventures, we pay our monthly fee plus the fees that we pay to go to these events too. I’m on this right now, but I don’t understand why we gotta pay such a fee like that. But they gotta arrange things and there's nothing free. I kinda look at it like that. I've met some friends, but not a significant yet. I'm still working on that. I've invited a couple of people with me because I want them to get out as well.

Events and Adventures response

LaLisea we truly appreciate you. Thank you for your kind and honest feedback of our company. I am so sorry to hear of your snafu with the boat! We hope you continue to build friendships within our group.

Original review: July 16, 2021

I've attended four events now. They were mostly physically not demanding, but physically active events. They've been good. The hand gliding event was really fun. But I'm really excited for skydiving on Saturday.

Original review: July 7, 2021

I went to a bowling night and it was my first with Events and Adventures. It was exciting but not extra exciting than any other events. I also did a firework cruise for 4th of July and another 4th of July party at the Blarney Island. I did a pool night as well. So far, I've experienced that with some people, you have more to talk about and feel more connection, but I haven't gone that many times to have something more.

Original review: July 6, 2021

I went to a lantern display at the zoo for my first event. Then I did a weekend trip with Events and Adventures over to Leavenworth, which was really fun. While we were there, we did sleigh rides and snowmobiling. It was a lot of fun and I would have never been able to do that had I been by myself. I've gone to quite a few bar-type of places and restaurants, and also went to boating events and outings. So it has been a lot of fun. I have met quite a few people that are good friends. I have met a guy who's really, really nice. He seems to be something that's of interest.

Last night, we had our McMenamins dinner, where everybody was to dress in white. It was kind of a little interesting how everybody came dressed in white. It was all fun. But the behavior of one of the new members was really, really inappropriate. The host told her that she needs to stop her lewd behavior every time we're out.

Original review: July 5, 2021

The events that I had done with them have been a lot of fun. I've met a lot of people. I've done some dinners because they do an international type of flavor. I've also done a couple of parties, horse racing, karaoke kind of stuff, bowling, and a camping trip with them. Camping was really a lot of fun. I enjoy the services they provide very much. They do a good job.

Original review: July 4, 2021

I wish I didn't pay $2,000 upfront for this annual contract. I signed up with the knowledge that there was an interview process and that people were supposed to be vetted going into the club to make sure we were all of the same background or to make us feel comfortable. I am someone who's very social. But I learned that it was going to be a wide range of people of different ages, and mostly not my age. Also, the people were mostly of different lifestyles other than myself. I have had a lot of weird experiences since joining the club, where a lot of people from the club will add me on Facebook, regardless if I've met them or not, which is fine. But then they'll message me things privately, like I've gotten the message that said, “Finally, a great profile.” So I've met all kinds of characters that I didn't necessarily feel comfortable with.

There is a large group here in Chicago that seemed to really enjoy the club. It is definitely a group that is very inclusive, which is fine. It's just that there's a wide range of people in the club and a lot of them I did not personally feel that comfortable making plans with outside of work. So I wish that was kind of explained to me upfront. But there are great events and our event coordinator works hard to plan different events and has to show up to all of them. I understand that our $2,000 payment is for her salary. But it seems we're not getting that much of a group rate for the events. I went to two different events to not have such a great experience with any of them and I would love it if I could get my money back in some way.

Events and Adventures Company Information