toll free
Call now for more information

Events and Adventures

Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Minneapolis, Phoenix, San Francisco, Santa Clara, and Vancouver BC
toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Attending Events & Adventures activities is worth it. I was new in my area so I wanted to meet new people and find things to do. Before attending my first event I didn't know exactly what I was gonna enter into, but it went really good. I've been to a lot of trips for a year and a half since joining. I do five to eight events a month, like hiking and going to restaurants and dance clubs. We recently did hang gliding and so far it's my favorite. I've had a good experience and I found new friends. I'm going to do the Friday the 13th event that's coming up in my area.

I originally heard about Events and Adventures through my sister. The club caught my interest because it provides an opportunity to meet new people. I work in a cubicle so I'm kind of isolated. I was nervous and excited before arriving at my first event because I wasn't sure what to expect. But it changed after I arrived. It was a splatter paint party and supposed to be at the facility but it ended up being in the parking lot of the club. I've attended 10 events and trips so far. They were all ones that I haven't done previously so they were things that I can now say I've done. Some of them I might do again while others I don't want to repeat anymore.

All of my travel and hotel experiences have been local. I did the zip line at Trinity Forest, the stand-up paddle boat at White Rock Lake, the fencing in Farmers Branch, the glass fusion at Quiggly's Clayhouse, the splatter your paint thing, the newcomers gathering, and the game night. I did one this past weekend. However, I have to look and see what coincides with my schedule because I've gone back to school. I'm still too new to meet any people that would be my closest and dearest friends so far. I'm also not looking, at this point in time, for a romantic meeting. My experience was great. In fact, I have recommended it a couple of times to my friends. I got to meet more people than I have in any of the other events even if I never really knew what that was before that night.

I recently got divorced and Events & Adventures would be an interesting way to meet people. I have been a little nervous on my first event. It was a tour which was a bad idea. I didn't know anybody and when I got there, I didn't know what we were doing. There wasn't a lot of guidance through it. It was awful. I have done three events at the most but I haven't done any trip. None of the events have stood out as being or has been phenomenal. But, the favorite event I did was taking a boat ride with all the guys on the Houston Channel. I had the most fun out of that and had a good time. I made a couple of girl friends but I haven't met any guys.

I was a little bit disappointed in the cost of everything. After paying the membership fee and then paying additional for things, it was expensive for the different events. In some cases they tell us we're getting a discount but I'm not sure that we are. So, I've been cautious about what I've done to make sure I would enjoy it. I can't say that I'm dissatisfied with Events and Adventures but I would recommend someone be more cautious going into it.

I found Events & Adventures on Facebook. I was interested with the opportunity to experience things that I haven't had the chance to experience before, as well as being involved with other people who are in the same position as me. I've went went to six trips since I started attending late January, and I was very scared before my very first event. But the apprehension that I had decreased with each event that I went to. I enjoyed the hiking a great deal because I wanted to try to experience getting outdoors more as well as being more active. The horseback riding was also a lot of fun, and the paint night was really good too. I've made lots of friends and I have connected with somebody. I'm glad I did it.

I was nervous when I attended my first event with Events & Adventures since I'm not usually one who goes into things by themselves but I really enjoyed it. I've attended about 6 events and I've really enjoyed doing it. I like the events and being able to do different things that I normally wouldn't do. I really like that it's helped me get outside my comfort zone. My first event, the indoor surf city class, was really fun. I also did a self-defense class and some of us went to lunch afterwards, which was probably the most enjoyable I've done because it was a beautiful day and it was so much fun talking to people I didn't know. I have made friends.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Events and Adventures?

I would give them zero!!! When I sign up I told them I wasn't sure if this was my thing but I wanted to try anyways, they said "no problem you can always get out when you want." I sign up for 6 months and when I called to cancel they said it was okay I just need to pay the contract for $1645.00 only after two months of using. Obviously I refuse that is not what they told me when I signed up. Now three years later a collection agency called and now I have $1,645 in my credit and I had excellent credit. Thanks to them I was refuse a credit I needed for something important. Thanks for ruining my credit. I still refuse to pay something I didn't use!!! Because you pay a monthly fee and doesn't include anything you end up paying more at all the events you go! So it's pointless. I meet my husband in match and cheaper!!!

Events & Adventures seemed like a good way to meet other people. When I arrived at my first event, I felt like I knew what I was expecting to happen. They explained how things worked and it seemed like no big deal. There were people there to greet us and I started talking to other people. So far, I've been to four of their events since I just started with them. I did the yoga paddleboard which was my favorite, a ski trip, and the new meet-up meeting. There was also a game thing after that and the dodgeball trampoline. I’ve made some good acquaintances through Events & Adventures. This last one I attended, one of the guys was doing a side ski trip thing so I signed up with him to do it which was cool. It's been fun all in all.

Joining Events and Adventures was a way to get out and meet new people and do some activities that I liked to do, but wouldn't necessarily do them by myself. And it helps to possibly meet someone somewhere down the road that had the same interest that I do. I was a little nervous when I first joined an event because I didn't know anyone. The good thing was it was close to home and it was a very public place where even if I wasn't comfortable, I would've been comfortable anyway because it's a place I've been before. I went up to the front desk and they directed me to where my group was. Once I was over by the group, the coordinator was very accommodating and made sure that everyone knew I was new to make me feel welcome.

At this point, I've been to six or seven events. I travel a lot, so I was gone for a three-week time. I just got back and did two events this weekend and I have more planned for this week. I've only been a member since the end of January and I've enjoyed every one of the events I attended such as what we did yesterday at a glass fusion place. But it was mostly girls, so that defeats the purpose of possibly meeting someone. I also enjoyed my first time when we went to Main Event and we did laser tag and bowling. That was fun because it was very interactive and there were lots of guys and girls out there.

There's a wide range of activities, whether they be physical or not. Events and Adventures try to satisfy everybody's needs and they are satisfying mine as far as the variety of events that they offer. Unfortunately, I only made lady friends. I also noticed during the new members game night that most of the members are younger than I am, which was fine. But I keep hoping one of these times there will be more male participants that are in my age range. Other than that, I'm very happy with Events and Adventures and I would recommend it over and over again.

Events & Adventures isn't really a dating service. It's singles getting together for different events. I've been a member for about five years now, and my first event has been fun. Everyone seemed friendly and I felt good. The mingles and volleyball events are some of my favorites. They also have trips but I never went on one as I'm super busy with work. Still, I met a lot of nice, cool people that I'm still friends with, even with some people who are not members anymore. It's cool.

I joined the Events & Adventures club because it would narrow down who I want to hang out with, the fact that they are single or educated. I wasn't sure what to expect but I figured that the lady liked me when she signed me up and it was true. The girls are nice and older. But the guys were all awkward and weird and they'll immediately try to hit on you. They just seem to be there to get something. I was told they would be nice, younger guys, but that's not the case at all.

The only thing that's good is the two other girls that I met were really nice and they're all my age. So, I made a couple of friends. But they say that they have the same experience. They're like, "No. These guys are gross. Don't talk to any of them." And they said there's so many members. And I'm like, "Really? There's like 20 that are always the same awkward people." They lied to me. I feel like it's a scam.

Moreover, there's rarely events in my area. And it says like some you pay for, some they pay for but there's literally nothing they pay for. I'm paying for this service but every single thing I would go to, I pay for my food, my drinks, and for the activity. Nothing is free. I signed up mid-February and I've been to six events. The worst thing is that I paid for a specific calendar and the one I signed up for was $30 and then I cancelled it three days in advance because I realized I couldn't go. But it still says I owe $30.

I talked to someone from their accounting department to tell that that this is a mistake. I cancelled and didn't go to the event. It shows on my calendar that I cancelled it. But they said it doesn't matter. So I thought that's a scam. I still owe them $30 but I don't want to pay for it and I'm not sure what's gonna happen with that. In their end, it says that I cancelled three days after the event. But that's impossible because when I once chose a different event that I went to and tried to cancel it, it wouldn't let me because it's after the event. But they do not care.

But one of the few bright sides to this was this really cool indoor mini-golf event in San Francisco, and of course, you pay for your own entry into it. Some engineers created it and it's really cool. I would have never gone if I hadn't done Events and Adventures. But I'm paying for a calendar of events that I could do on my own. I can have a friend on my own.

I first heard of Events & Adventures on the radio and I got interested in going out and making new friends. But I almost didn't want to join because at first, I felt that it's a little pricey. But I know they have payment plans and that if I pay all upfront, it's cheaper. Before arriving for my first event, I was hoping people are friendly and when I got there, pretty much everybody's looking for the same thing. I like how they plan everything and then you just show up when you sign up for it. But they were also open to suggestions. There was a hang gliding event that I wanted to do but it filled up so fast that I didn't get to sign up for it. So, I said that they put that back on and the hosts told me they'll see what they can do after trying new things first.

I've been to around eight events and my favorite so far are the dancing ones. How to Moon was my very first one and that was so much fun. Then, there was also one that I forgot to read the itinerary and it was supposed to be formal but I dressed casually. So, I was a little out of place but I still had a good time and that was an amazing one also. I've made some new friends going to these events and when I brought a friend to an event while I was in Dallas, she met someone in the group and they're dating now. I'm open to meeting new people, but I haven't met someone yet and I'm not into rushing anything. Also, I feel like maybe if you meet someone and get married, then you're obligated to get out of it and that damages the fun for a little bit. But E & A has been good so far and I feel like they should have it everywhere. I've had a really good time, that's why I've recommended it to a bunch of friends.

I'm single and all my friends are married or have kids. I then got interested with Events and Adventures especially with the way to meet new people. I felt a little nervous before arriving to the first event but it changed after I arrived. The event host was very nice and introduced me to people that have already shown up. It was an icebreaker for everything. I went to six or seven events including Nuts and Bolts party, Valentine's Day party, Tinder meetups, dance class, and Live Band Karaoke, which was my favorite.

My upcoming event is a Tinder tomorrow night. I've made some friends in the events I’ve joined but there's nobody whom I can text yet. Also, Alex, our event coordinator, was super and very good at what he does. He makes one at ease and welcome, treats one a friend, and makes sure that one is having a great time. Everyone around the member feels comfortable. It was a great experience with Events and Adventures. It’s a way to get out and do things one would normally do on their own.

I saw an ad on the SkyTrain station and I liked the idea about Events and Adventures. This matches my style and I also like to be open with people and get to know more friends. I'm very social so it was a great idea. I liked it and I looked forward to it. On my first event, I was hoping to find nice people and get to have a warm welcome, warm greetings and warm setting. From that moment on, the socializing, I have a little concern about it. We've chat from the beginning, each one had to do introductions of themselves just to break the ice and let everyone talk but it made everyone sitting there just stating their names and where they live. It's just a question and answer and doesn't look natural. We came there to hang out, chat and explore whatever the question comes up and not to feel obligated, just to fill in the blanks when the host wanted us to do that.

I have attended tons of events and adventures but my favorite ones were those that I have enjoyed the company, more than the event itself. So, restaurants and activities, I've done most of them and I don't have any enjoyment in the event itself. I had more enjoyment with the people that I hang out with. The company made the events enjoyable or not.

In the Events and Adventures, I found people are making groups within groups. It's like when I came here, I'm a single person and the first to come in but it wasn't even hard for me to blend into any group. Although, it defeats the purpose which is to hang out and sit together and get to know each one without barriers, without boundaries because that's what we're all there for. I also found that the people are sometimes a little bit conservatives and they just speak to the people that they know and that's it. However, we have signed up and I wanted to maximize the use of my membership. It was a new experience although not exciting to find what I'm expecting to find.

I got interested in joining Events & Adventures because everyone in the club was single. I was a bit nervous before arriving at my first event, which was a bike trip to Chicago, and I didn't know what to expect. The event, however, hot kinda canceled due to rain. Unfortunately, only three members had a bike and five other people didn't, so they had to go and rent. They said "go ahead" and we found out later that they tried to rent a bike but couldn't because the rental was closed. So, there were only three of us left biking. I was not very interested because I was looking for a bigger group.

One problem is that a lot of the events are in Chicago. I live in the suburbs and there aren't many events there. Nevertheless, when I renewed my membership, they gave me a discount for living far away. Despite this, the trips I have attended have been too many to count. I try to go once a week and I've been going for a year and a half. I've gone skydiving, line dancing and camping. I've also played volleyball, wallyball and archery tag. Also, I've attended the New Year's Eve, Halloween and 1920's Gangster parties. The skiing trips have been the best. I've made a lot of friends and gone on a couple of dates and I'm having a fun time.

I needed to get social, and I needed to meet new people and I was looking for a date. I then joined Events and Adventures in October. I was nervous, excited, and scared before I went to my first event, but it was fun after I mingled a little bit. I went to four events a month since I joined. I started with archery, and then I went bowling a couple of times. I've been out to eat a few times as well. In addition, I even went to their New Year's Eve party and it was just a lot of drinking. I also went to their game nights at a bar, and it was fun. I used to like bowling on Fridays where they had new people, but they haven't been doing that for a long time now.

However, I haven't been there much in January and February because it feels very awkward in a lot of situations. Also, the same kind of people are going, and I don't feel like I belong there anymore. They haven't been offering things that I wanted to do, and with my last couple of experiences there, I wanted to shoot myself, so I didn't go. But I'll go to their events again. I just have to work it out. Moreover, if people want to be social and meet new people, there are a lot of cheaper ways to do it. I've found several meetups that do the same thing like Events and Adventures, and they don’t cost anything. So, I would try the meetup first.

In the past, I had a lot of friends and we would get together. However, as soon as everyone got their own jobs after college, that started to fade away and I was bored out of my mind. I got interested in Events and Adventures because it was a place that does fun things practically every day. I was very energetic before arriving at my first event and I really had fun.

Since then, I've attended events and trips twice a week on average. I've attended volleyball, escape rooms as well as parties inside clubhouses and suites. So far, my favorite event was the new year's eve party because it was long and packed. It felt like a true event. However, I pay a $100 a month minimum while others pay more. I'm wondering where the $100 is going to because we end up paying full price for all the events anyway. It seems a bit overpriced.

It's been fantastic to be with Events & Adventures. They have outgoing people and an uplifting environment. I was interested in its active events and adventures and yet being single, trying to hopefully meet somebody. Before arriving at my first event I was nervous and a little apprehensive. My feelings changed when I arrived and mingled with others a little bit. It was still awkward because I'm not an outgoing person at first. But once I met a couple of the host, they were extremely easy-going, relaxed and they joked around a lot. It wasn't a real stiff situation. They were very normal people, they weren't stiff and boring and they had a lot to talk about. I have made new male and female friends from the events I've attended.

I've only done two trips with Events & Adventures and some of the hiking events with the hiking group. I plan to join several activities in the future. They have so many coming up and I don't know what to choose because I can't do all of them. They've got a very good calendar lined out for March. Right now I'm facing a little bit of a struggle because I just got laid off from my job. I'm struggling how to make the additional monthly payment that I'm committed to. That is a little bit of a stress but I'll figure it out.

I was interested in meeting new people and trying different thing, then I heard about Events & Adventures on the radio. I was a little nervous going to my first event but it wasn't too bad and I've been to a good 50 events since. I've gone on overnights, hikes, go-carting, pub nights, game nights, symphony and comedy nights - of these, I like the overnights the most. It's a really great group of people and I've absolutely made a lot of new friends and had fun.

I'm at a point where I needed to get out and I was interested with the variety of activities Events and Adventures has. The club is more social than anything and one could do about anything. I was fine before arriving at my first event. I've gone to several events and I'm usually going on my own. I don't know too many people but everybody is super friendly. And one always got the host person, which is nice. So they're looking out for the member. I have done four or five events and the first one was a dinner. We did a meet and greet. A Light Festival at night on the weekend was another one. I've done Cards Against Humanity, which had many many disclaimers. It was hilarious, cool and most people joining the game were strangers but not after playing the game. The hosts were so good too. If one gets easily offended, he/she should forget playing it. I was trying to explain the game to a newbie but one has to play it to know how it's played.

My next event is a band and a happy hour on a Saturday. In the events I've attended, there are a couple of people that I've seen and whom I’m Facebook friends but we haven't done anything outside of that or haven't hooked up to do anything else. It's just a friendly group. I also love to say that Maggie in Phoenix, who is our lead person, is fantastic. We have a private Facebook page about asking us, "Hey, I heard about this" or "Heard about that. What do you think?" and we get to vote. One gets to be part of the process and it's not just Maggie picking for the events.

I heard about Events and Adventures from a friend and I got interested with the amount of activities that they had. I've gone to at least 20 events including indoor skydiving and wallyball which was my favorite. I've also gone to restaurants and met new friends through the group. I recommend Events and Adventures not just for dating but for friendship too.

Events & Adventures is a singles clubs that is not online. I attended four of their events and one trip. The two bigger activities I went to were the Valentine’s Day party and the trip to Tahoe. The trip was a lot of fun and we stayed in a home. I also have regular events planned with them too like the going out type events. With Events & Adventures, I found a couple of really good friends which was surprising and nice. And although I haven't found a significant other, I'm hopeful I will. I've had good experiences with the company and I enjoyed them. I'm happy with the group and it's worth the money that I spent to join it. It's an opportunity to meet people that are all in the same mindset. Everybody is happy and very open to meeting new people even if it's on a friendship level. You meet some really good quality friends in the very least. It makes you feel welcome.

Overall, my experience with Events & Adventures has been easygoing, comfortable, enjoyable and fun. I liked that I was able to meet different people and we were divided into different ages, and I'm in an older bracket. Also, there are a lot of things to do whether it’s entertainment, hanging out and talking, and some other different activities in meeting new people.

I've been to three events, and my first event was scary but the people made me comfortable. And, I was not the only one that was first to be there. There were other people in the same situation who were just needing to go out and meet other people, instead of going home and be on the same route. I wasn’t crazy about my last one, though, because we sat in booths and I wasn't able to talk to people other than the three people in front of me. But I enjoyed the new event in a hotel. It was pretty cool and it's something that I wouldn't do myself on a Monday night. And I'm thinking about going to the Brazilian food thing next.

I was single and I figured that what I was doing in the past or the people I was with wasn’t working so I thought why not give something different a try and interact with people that I can get to know before I jump into a relationship and try to make it work out. I tried to attend activities by Events and Adventures as much as I could especially on the weekends depending on what they offer. Any kind of food event or active event, I try to be there. They have a variety of things to offer but a lot of their events are so late and they are in Houston. I work until the next day and then a lot of their stuff was drinking so I try to avoid the drinking part.

It was nice that I'm out doing stuff and meeting people but there was one particular person that has made it very miserable for at least four women in the group and they try to avoid different activities if that person's going to be there. But it was not the company’s fault ‘cause we haven’t complained about it. Other than that, it was definitely a different experience. I got to meet a lot of people and do things that I normally wouldn't do. Being a female, I’m not used to getting that much attention and Events and Adventures gets me out there. There were a lot of people that were interested in me and it was uncomfortable going to these events. Sometimes they start becoming more interested the more that they hang out in these groups, and sometimes it’s a little irritating.

Also, they say they do a background check on people and make sure they’re not married and that reassured me. But they don’t and that disappointed me ‘cause I found out a few of the people that were in the group were going through a divorce. Then I have two friends that have tried to submit paperwork saying that they no longer want to be in a contract with Events and Adventures and they both got denied. They still have to pay for three years and that’s a lot of money. I feel bad for these people that can’t get out of it but I was lucky enough to sign up for the shortest period there was. But the downfall to that is, I don’t get the best for my money.

There were a lot of activities that they were doing or at least as it sounded on the ads so that's why I looked into Events and Adventures. At first, I was a little nervous because I am going in not knowing anybody but that's somewhat mitigated by knowing that you have to go and meet the host. I was calmed down by that. Now, I've been at it for about a year and probably have about two or three events a month. I've done the whitewater rafting, which is my favorite. It was out of town as well as the New Year's, which was on the island this year. In the first event we were camping but in the second case, the hotel was fabulous. We're doing Harrison Hot Springs next weekend. I did that last year as well and that hotel was great too. I also do a lot of the sports. I've done their axe throwing, volleyball, and wallyball. We also did whiskey tasting.

My experience has been more since I'm dating someone from the club. It sounds a little bit counterintuitive, but it's more of a friendship thing for me. I have also made about 10 or 12 close friends. I see them inside and outside of the club. So a lot of my friendships have kind of spanned over severe age gaps. And that's the reality of the club, so I wasn't expecting a lot younger of a crowd. And they find me a little bit of an older one, but that's been really great in creating friends in that crowd as well so that's been fine.

My circumstances in life at that time made me interested in joining Events and Adventures. I have attended hundreds of events. They do a lot of hikes and participated in those a lot. They also eat at this one restaurant every month and I always try to go and do that. There's a lot of different stuff and I try to do as many as I can. I've made friends through this events as well.

Events & Adventures was advertised on the radio in the early '90s so when I got divorced, it came up, and I went to join. The events and the way it was event-oriented was really good. I was really excited arriving at my first event then I got to know somebody and I got more comfortable. I loved the club and it was good. For me, it worked out great and it's one of the best things I ever did. I was doing about five events a month. I did the bonfires on the beach and then I really enjoyed the rappelling and zip line. Up in Murphys, we did the caverns and then we did some pistol shooting on an indoor range a couple of times. There were also different kinds of dancing, which were good. They were all great.

I made lots of friends. There isn't pressure to go out with somebody type of thing. The events are what it's more focused on, which I really like. I wasn't looking for someone special but there's a pretty awesome lady I met in the club right at the end of my membership and I'm seeing her pretty regular right now. My membership expired at the end of January but if I'm ever single again, the first thing I'm gonna do is to go back. It was a really fantastic experience and it got me out doing things that I may not have ever done before. Thus, I've told everybody I know about Events & Adventures.

I've attended four Events and Adventures activities. The first one I've been to was a bowling adventure, then a salsa night, SFMOMA and the last one was the Tahoe adventures. Both the bowling and Tahoe adventure were good. However, it's been somewhat disappointing since there aren’t as many of the opposite sex that I thought there might be, particularly at my age. There seems to be an age disparity on much of the things that I go to. But other than that, the experience has been good.

I was new to the area, so I thought Events and Adventures would be a good way to meet people. I haven't had a lot of experiences because of my work schedule but I've gone to three events - roller skating, goat yoga, and an exercise in the air with ropes and hoops in a place called Vertical Fix. I've talked to a few people but one thing I've noticed is it's mostly women going to these events and I'm looking to date men. I don’t feel that I'll probably find a significant other, but I'm okay with it because I'm still getting out and socializing. Events and Adventures is a great way to meet people and socialize. People are very friendly and the events are interesting. It gets me out of my house, so everything’s fine.

I liked the kind of structure or strategy of people getting together and doing fun things. Before I arrived at my first Events and Adventures event, I knew what to expect and I was comfortable. I had an interview with someone from the company and they gave me access to the internet and the calendars, and I had the chance to go over their ground rules. I have attended about 6 events over 6 months and I liked that they did a number of board game nights. Those were nice because they were typically a smaller group and I was able to talk to people easily. I also did a rooftop party and a couple of hikes.

However, I canceled my membership at the start of the month. The experience was good but not worth the money to continue. The concept is great but a lot of the events were in the city and I'm in the suburbs. A lot of people in the group had to travel from far distances. And if they were on week nights, it was really hard to attend with the traffic and everything. Events and Adventures could probably have a greater variety of locations. And because it is such a large group, I didn't necessarily see the same people from one event to the next. So, I didn't really get to develop the relationship that way.

Though some of the member hosts were really good, had been with the group for a while, and were organized, some of them were not. For one activity that I went to, they didn't send out an update until two hours before the event. It was an hour and a half's drive so I didn't find the group because the location was a large park. I ended up walking around by myself, which wasn't the point. And when I looked it up later, they said always double-check before an event. That's not always feasible when one is traveling from such a distance.

I would probably recommend Events and Adventures to somebody who is in the city because they could attend more events or if they are new and are looking to meeting more people. But for someone like me who works full-time and lives in the suburbs, I would tell them it is hard to make the activities and there might be better options for them.

I travel a lot and so having some things to do when I was in and out of town sounded good. I had moved from another state and didn’t know many people and so meeting people was a good thing. I went to some events with friends before I ever joined Events and Adventures, so I was perfectly comfortable going to the first event. However, the first event was so different from any hikes and after that event, I was questioning whether I was gonna enjoy E&A. But this was many years ago, and I've been a member for more than 15 years now. I do 20 events a year, including go-karting as well as some of the summertime sunset cruises which I've enjoyed. I haven't particularly found significant others but I've made a good number of friends that I'm still friends with over the years.

However, I liked Events & Adventures quite a few years ago when we would have a place to gather during the week before an event at a theater like the 5th Avenue or Benaroya Hall. Before we go to something during a weekday night, it was a lot nicer when there was an optional gathering someplace where you could get a bite to eat or drink and mingle before you went into the darkened theater sitting in assigned seats. That’s because by the time the show is over on a Wednesday or Thursday night, nobody stays around to mingle. It doesn’t make for much of an event or an adventure if you just show up half an hour before an event standing around in a lobby and then you go and sit down in your assigned seats. Then you go through something that’s a couple of hours long, and then everybody heads to the bathroom and out different doors. The next thing you know, pretty much everybody’s gone.

There's always the discussion of, “If people want to go out and have a drink or mingle, we'll figure out a place then and there.” But I've seen year after year that this doesn’t work very well. What we used to do worked really well when if you're going to the 5th Avenue Theatre, people would join up and mingle at Rock Bottom across the streets. Then people that couldn’t make it by that time could go ahead and get their tickets before a show. It used to be better when there were more ways to mingle before something during the week. For people that work Downtown, it doesn’t make sense to drive home and then back into town. There are a lot of events in town during the week where people have to kill time until they can join up with the group, and often people wind up killing time by eating by themselves in the neighborhood or hanging out and having a drink in the neighborhood of where the event will be. That’s something I miss about E&A.

Events and Adventures Company Profile