toll free
Call now for more information

Events and Adventures

Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Minneapolis, Phoenix, San Francisco, Santa Clara, and Vancouver BC
toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I was nervous when I attended my first event with Events & Adventures since I'm not usually one who goes into things by themselves but I really enjoyed it. I've attended about 6 events and I've really enjoyed doing it. I like the events and being able to do different things that I normally wouldn't do. I really like that it's helped me get outside my comfort zone. My first event, the indoor surf city class, was really fun. I also did a self-defense class and some of us went to lunch afterwards, which was probably the most enjoyable I've done because it was a beautiful day and it was so much fun talking to people I didn't know. I have made friends.

Attending Events & Adventures activities is worth it. I was new in my area so I wanted to meet new people and find things to do. Before attending my first event I didn't know exactly what I was gonna enter into, but it went really good. I've been to a lot of trips for a year and a half since joining. I do five to eight events a month, like hiking and going to restaurants and dance clubs. We recently did hang gliding and so far it's my favorite. I've had a good experience and I found new friends. I'm going to do the Friday the 13th event that's coming up in my area.

I had a very good experience with Events and Adventures and I really like it. The events I went to were very nice and I'm happy that when I'm at work, people can plan my free time. I’ve lived for 20 years in Illinois but I didn’t know about many places. I’m 54 years old and I’m a very active person but a lot of people my age are not. I signed up in February. My first event was a water gun fight in the pool area in Schaumburg. It’s too cold for me in February but it turned to be okay. During the week, I live very far from Chicago because I live in Glasford so it's impossible to go to events unless something is in Schaumburg. One time, I went to a dinner in Schaumburg during the week.

Aside from the water gun fight, I went to Wisconsin for skiing, I went for archery, a couple of hiking, a disco event, an event barbecue and the Hindu temple in Burlington. I went to Mexico with my doctor and I'm going to go to Poland on Thursday so I don't have many events planned in June. I'll plan something by the end of the month. But for one event, I have a trip this August to Las Vegas. I met people but not anything closer than that. It's not what I intend to do. I'm happy about my experience with Events and Adventures and that I signed up. And even though I have friends and we do stuff together, Events and Adventures has fresh ideas and fresh people to meet. I even advised my daughter to join the club too. Everybody can find something that is good for them in every adventure. I want to go and have one.

I want to meet people in a more organic way and I knew about the Events and Adventures through a friend. I was a little apprehensive before my first event, but after I have arrived, that changed to a certain extent. I’ve attended about 10 to 15 events. I’ve gone to the zoo, the museum, different bars, board night and rooftop events. I like the outdoor activities and I had a lot of fun in kayaking recently. I also went on a hike. There’s a good mix of free activities and activities for extra pay. However, sometimes, I don't always feel that the money I'm contributing is necessarily compensated in any way. For the free activities, a lot of times we’re going to free concerts which do not necessarily cost Events and Adventures anything for us to go. You do have this sense that you want to get the bang for your buck. I'm paying for the company of other people and the experiences that I probably wouldn't otherwise had.

I've made some acquaintances and met people in the club that I really connect with, but we have not met up outside the club. I enjoy being with Events and Adventures and I'm hoping to eventually get to that point of having friends. The ratio of men to women in my club is heavily skewed towards having more women than men. And so, it makes it limited for any potential dating options. My friend who recommended Events and Adventures was in a group in San Diego, California and she said, "Yeah, the ratio of men to women out here is much more men than women." The club is supposed to be marketed as a method of finding a significant other or someone in a relationship with, but I'm not getting that. And that primary experience was 55 percent of the reason I joined the club.

Also, I've noticed that in some events, the host and certain members of the group get a little clique-y. It’s a little disappointing when their primary function is to be there to facilitate friendships. I haven’t experienced it personally, but I've watched how the host have treated other people in the group. And it has left a bad face on them. This is the reason why I enjoyed the outdoor activities, because I don't run into them out there.

Events & Adventures sounded fun going out, doing things and meeting new people. I was a little nervous at my first event, but that changed. I've gone on 10 to 12 events and trips. I've done a Tango night, a game night, a Cards Against Humanity night but it was at Whirlyball so there was whirlyball as well, a couple of hikes, blues cruise or a boat cruise and camping trip. I like their Punch Bowl Social event and I'm going on a camping trip with them one more over the weekend.

I definitely made a lot of new friends. I talk with people on a weekly basis or daily basis with some of them and I am dating someone. They're not from the E&A specifically, but I wound up getting introduced to them through E&A. It's been a lot of fun. I meet a lot of interesting people and they’re a lot of fun to know. They plan things outside of E&A as well once you start getting to know them and they're all very friendly. They make sure you are part of the group even if you're new. I've recommended E&A to three friends.

Friends told me about Events and Adventures. When I went into the website, it showed people mountain climbing on the wall. I don't like heights, but I wanted something that would take me outside of my comfort zone. I'm very shy and I am on my own now so I need to get out there. I was very nervous on my first event which was the dinner. The host was great and the people were very good. I'm 67 so I was uncomfortable about being older but everybody treated me normally. It was fun and I really enjoyed myself.

I've only been in this program a month and a half and I've gone to four events. I've been to two dinners. It's a smaller group and it's more on one-on-one conversation so I like it the best. The other one was the barbecue, so there's a lot of people. And being shy, it's harder for me to push myself when it's a whole big crowd of people. But it was still fun. And then I went on one of their walks, which I really enjoyed. They’ve been good experiences. I'm going away for the holidays for the next month and when I come back, then I will be taking more.

With Events & Adventures, I can go out to do something without waiting for any friend to go. When I’ve arrived at my first event, I was not sure of what to look forward to but all of them were very welcoming. Most of the time I always plan for the weekend event because I can’t plan ahead of time on the weekday. I want to go to the event that has activities. It is of just mingle and drinking or eating. Like recently, I went a few times to the paintball event, kayaking and cycling. I also went to streetball last Tuesday because it's near to my place and on the Thanksgiving weekend, I also went for a cruise. I'll be going to the Memorial Day camping in Wisconsin next weekend like the Holy Festival that I went last month. That’s the most-awaited one.

I’m new in the US and I’ve been here for four years. So, it’s good to join because I can experience and try a lot of things in a short time around here. I've made a lot of friends and I'm so close with some. We even hang out outside of the events. I always tell my friends they should try Events & Adventures. I do a lot of promoting but they are not single so they cannot join the group.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Events and Adventures?

I've been around Houston for 13 years but never heard of Events and Adventures until the last year of my marriage because of certain apps. I was careful about creating dummy email accounts and fake Facebooks so that you couldn't find me. But I was using the same IP Address in the phone and they were able to metadata that and get me the advertisement of Pandora which had the dating app. In my first event, I was curious. I'm a Freemason for 10 years now so I got the whole hangout camaraderie thing down. But the conversation doesn’t get much outside of guy talk. So, being single again and doing something else made me nervous.

I attend an average of three events per week. I started in late February so it’s close to twenty. The bars we go to are nice, the camel races were cool and going out to the race track was neat. The sunset hike which is more of a walk along the Bayou is my favorite. One of the members said, "We stop over here by the Waugh Street Bridge." And I said, "What's that smell? Why did we stop here? It smells like a hobo camp." And they say, “No, look. It's the bats." I've lived here 10 years and didn't know that we had a bat colony that comes out at dusk.

Aside from these, I’ve done sand volleyball three times and there are basketball watch parties at a bar we have. But nobody watched basketball. We played pool and drank beer. The mixers and new member orientation at the clubhouse are always fun which is like a big house party. It’s been a great experience with Events and Adventures. I'm in marketing and I'm always out and about in the city. I could sit in traffic for two hours and get home at the same time or I could go do something with E & A.

The variety of new things that I would be able to try and meeting other people my age that were looking for the same thing interested me the most about Events and Adventures. I was a little nervous at first but the host introduced me to some people and I warmed up quickly that night. Out of all the trips and events, I like the bowling ones. I like to bowl so I'm into that. I have traveled and stayed in a hotel for some of the parties that were downtown. I've done dodge ball, archeries, volleyball and beach volleyball. Those were a few of them. Tomorrow night, I'm going to a Whirly Ball. It was a great way to meet new people and try new things. I haven't met any significant other for a long time but I'm still meeting people and everyone.

The ability to connect with other people in the area and get to know places that I would never try on my own interested me most about Events & Adventures. I have attended about nine events so far. I attended a community service thing, a dinner, a museum and stuff. They've all been very different. There were some people that I've seen multiple times but I can't say that we've developed friendships. Events and Adventure's online presence is a bit weak though in the sense that I would like to be able to have an app and look at events and sign up right there instead of having to go through their website which is hard when you're working on your iPhone. I wish they had a more IT front-end app. It's easier. But, so far, so good.

Online dating sucks. There's no way around it especially in the larger city like Chicago. You're gonna be sitting on one of those dating sites swiping through a million people before you get lucky enough. I then got interested about Events & Adventures to be able to interact with people. I was pretty excited for my first event, but I was also really nervous and I usually don't get nervous about stuff like that. It was like going to Chic Pool, you go to a pool hall and I've never been to that pool hall. But they are really cool about it. I gave the event host a call, asked for directions and I was able to find them in four or five minutes. Everything was cool.

The event seemed like a little bit of both an open and closed off environment. You always get the people that are really cool with other people because they've been there for a long time. A lot of people are very open and friendly and there might have always been one or two people that were too shy or something might be deeper there. It wasn't that they are unwelcoming. Also, ever since I've been going to more events, there are a few people who have opened up. Everyone is different and that's what make sense. It's the individuality and that's what makes us all different. So, that's cool and it wasn't a bad thing. When I took it at first, I was hoping I don't piss these people off but that's just who they are. They take a little longer to open up and I don't care.

I've made friends and some potential significant others. It's funny how things work out. When I joined there, I was going the hole and I want to find this and that and do this and that. The more I get into it, I like this group of people. There isn't a rush and I like that mentality better. I chilled with 20 cool people and I would like to chill, eventually, with that one person. But at the same time, I'm such a people person and I think my wife's gonna hate me one day because I'd want to spend time with her but I want to spend a time with other people such as this.

I've been to a lot of events. My first four months, I wasn't that good about it and then, finally one day, I thought I need to start going to these events. So, I went to an event on a Tuesday and I really like it. Then, I signed up for an event the next day and the event the day after that. Sometimes, I go to three or four events a week. Although I'm not sure if all the money is worth it because it is a very expensive club to be in. But I would definitely suggest it to a friend because I've been very satisfied with my experience.

A few months ago now, I moved out here from UK, so Joining Events & Adventures is a good way for me to get out more and meet new people. I’ve been a member since the beginning of March and attended 25 events/trips with them, and it has been good so far. I liked the camp, but the St. Patrick’s Day Cruise stood out the most. The cost and the service that they have provided is worth it and I’m quite happy with everything.

I had a friend that was previously in Events and Adventures and she said, “You just sign up for stuff, pay a little bit of fee if needed and just show up”. With everything going on these days, it's nice to be there, pick which event you want to go to and not have to think about it. And the variety of the events is great, too, going to stuff I didn’t think I'd go to and end up having fun like skydiving. I wouldn’t have gone to that by myself or pottery classes, hang gliding and clay shooting. I go and play volleyball with various people every Tuesday. I've met several people and a maybe significant other. But Events and Adventures needs a mobile app. I know what it takes to make a mobile app and it's not that hard. Not everybody has time to go on the website and do everything.

I wanted to meet people, have fun with single people and not to be like a dating situation because everybody around me is married. For my first event with Events & Adventures, which was Kentucky Derby, I was a little nervous because I didn't know what to expect. But I was fine and everybody was really welcoming. They weren't being like fresh meat because a new person came in so, it was nice. I've been a member for a year. I've been on two of the camping trips, which I loved, I'm also a big fan of the whole boating on Lake Michigan and I liked the Fred Astaire Dance Studio. I've also done karaoke, nightclub, Budgee Ball, Whirly Ball, beach volleyball, some of the dinners, a bicycle ride in Chicago and the runs. It's very fun and I have a bunch of friends.

The same people that I talked to that got me in, do completely different view with other people but that wasn't clear. If the cost went up, you gave them cash to pay right away and I understood all that. But it ends up that's not how that is. I've met all these people and became good friends with them. I'm in a serious relationship and I don't know that I'll be going after two years and that's not the case for a lot of people and you can say you don't want it to have to be over in two years. Once I give them all that money and if I keep paying monthly, it seems unfair that people in sales know to do this kind of thing. I'm just a regular person who listens to the radio and I couldn't understand that. To me, that seems wrong and I don't understand why I get kicked out but other people don't. I didn't know that there's this whole negotiation thing because I'm a teacher and I'm not in business. My life is very cut-and-dry.

There are other people who are members forever as long as they keep paying their monthly thing. To me, it seems fair. Once you get your initial money, why are some people cut out and some people are not? It's only because they were savvy enough to know business-wise that you can strike deals with people. I was trusting what you're saying that this is what it is and it's cheaper if I could pay all upfront but it's fine if I can't. Also, they could do a payment plan which is what I did and I totally understand that if I end up spending more over time doing that. That makes perfectly good sense to me.

But I always thought I understand that since my payment plan was two years, I thought that I would go down to the $30 a month because mine's all put together. But, apparently, that's not the case and I'm just gone. That would seem wrong especially for the people that are really using it. But it's a fun way of being able to go out and it's nice when all the people plan your activities. I have recommended them to friends already.

I heard through the radio that the single people hang out together at Events & Adventures and that sounded fun. I was excited for my first event and it was great. Now, I've been to 10 events and they're generally, pretty good. There's nothing maybe, "Oh, it's the best." But I've made some friends and that is the main goal for me to join this club.

I like the events that Events & Adventures did. The Glow in the Dark Kickball was the best. There were only a couple of other things that glowed but then towards the end, it didn’t matter and it was really fun. I've attended about 5 events and I should probably do more activities. I plan to go to some events on a Saturday and Sunday in the next couple of weeks, one is a mixer and the other one is a Mimosa type of wine tour thing. However, my free time is pretty limited. I have a 5-year old and sometimes I would love to go to an event but it doesn’t work out as far as location and time frame because my child has a bed time.

I like the ones that start at 6:00 versus ones that start at 6:30 and 7:30 because of the way that I got to drive to get to the place. And then with my child being babysit, I always look at the time I'll be getting home. And so asking for a babysitter to have the time of 5:30 to 9:30 can be kind of problematic, depending upon what day it is.

Events and Adventures gives you an easy way to sign up but not an easy way out. They did a good job of starting me out and followed up when I started but didn't follow up afterward. They seem excited to get me on board but when you don't want to do it anymore, you can't get out. There probably is a way but I'm not familiar with it. I left two messages and I never got a call back. I already paid so it wasn't about the money. I hurt my knee and got busy. The experience so far has been good, it's just the cancellation.

I was interested in going out, doing stuff, and meeting other people with similar interest. I was a little nervous when I attended my first event with Events & Adventures. The event was a small controlled environment for the state. When I got there, it was relaxed and I enjoyed it. Now, I've done about 50 of their events and I've made new friends, too. I did dinner around the world, I've done a glass wine event, and I played the punchy bowl which was fun. The friends on our site like going to board game night and billiard night, and this weekend, I'm going camping with them. Overall, being a member is fun, eventful and it's exciting to meet new people.

I had just moved to the Twin Cities and I needed a way to meet people and get out of my house. Then my dad heard about Events and Adventures on the radio. I was a little nervous before my first event but that was a long time ago. I've been with them for seven years now. I try to do at least one event a week but I've never done a trip. Some of them seem expensive for what they are most of the time. But my favorite event is dog sledding. I also like game night, hang gliding and the camping trips. And I've made some very good friends.

Events & Adventures is a group environment and not like a one on one sitting thing. They have outdoor activities that I really like. I go to every one day for the volleyball and every other weekend activities. I was really afraid when I first started attending and I'm not sure how that was gonna be. But I've made a lot of friends and I really like it. Although it's a little bit expensive because I need to pay for other stuff during the weekend activities. It will be better if I just pay them a monthly thing and then we'll just have the activities, which are a lot for my budget.

Events and Adventures has unique events set up. When I went in for the interview, there was a trapeze class and that’s something I would never sign up for on my own. Before arriving in my first event, I felt good. I’d gotten a rundown from the guy who signed me up about what happens. But I’ve only been on the games night and volleyball. Everyone’s very friendly and I’ve made a couple of acquaintances. It’s been a good experience.

Events and Adventures has a lot of outdoorsy stuff and they're an outgoing healthy group. I have already attended 40 events so far. I always go to the hikes. I also go to the sports events or beach volleyball and I've been to a few of the indoor ones but not so much. I've met a couple of nice people and I made one friend and four other people that I hang out with while I'm there. However, it would be nice if they were a little bit more selective in their group. They just accept anybody. Also, the organization is not great as they cancel events at the last moment. It's run more like a frat party than a group. I was little disappointed with my experience but at the same time, it gave me some good ideas with things to do with other people.

Events & Adventures really seem to check people out pretty carefully. I liked that they interviewed you first and it wasn’t just like a dating site where you go online and fill out all the application. I think the first event I went to was handled very nicely. I've also gone to a lock-in, an escape out, a Halloween Party which is the biggest event I went to, a few dinners, a painting class, a dance class and one where you meet for drinks and appetizers. I've only been to a handful because the way my work schedule is but everyone has always been very pleasant and open and those were all things that I wanted to do. I've made some new friends and I haven't really done as much as I probably should have for what I'm paying but I have enjoyed the times that I've gone.

Also the website is well done with plenty of activities that’s more within my schedule, as well as things that are out of cost and just enough free activities. There was something every night and for all ages. There's something for people in their 30s, for people there that are 46 and some older people, too. It's a very well-to-do tight group that runs it. They're there and keeping an eye on things and yet people can do whatever they want. It's very well organized. It’s a good time and I’d recommend them to friends.

When I went in to do my interview and all that and signed up, I specifically asked several times if there were events out closer to my area because, on their website, they have a location in Johnsburg. At that time, they said no and that location has since closed but they reassured me that at least 50% of our events happen out in that area but none that I have seen.

It was interesting that Events and Adventures were specifically targeted for singles in Chicagoland area for people who want to go out and do something and not just sit around and be bored. I've only done one event and I've been a member for two months now. It was kind of a different experience for me while I was at the event and we were doing the escape room, everything was great. Then afterward, we all hung out in the general common area then we all decided to go next door and grab a drink or some food. There were 30 people involved, 15 people walked over. Within five minutes, there were four of us left and nobody said anything. The rest of the group just kind of walked out without notifying anybody else. It didn't sit right with me.

I haven't really looked for another event. I've only looked to see if there's any event out closer to me because if I'm going to spend my time and that kind of money, I want to be doing things that I like to do and other people like to do and then socialize afterward. Instead of going to the event and then bolt especially if I'm going to invest three plus hours in the car to get to that. It's a non-refundable thing and most of the events are in the city of Chicago and I live 50-70 miles outside of the city. I was excited at first, exhilarating when there, but disappointing overall.

Houston's a big city and I was looking for something to do on the weekends, so I checked Events & Adventures out. My very first activity with them was when we went to the horse track, watched the horse races and ate dinner. It's been three months and I have gone to more or less 10 events, including that, a couple of parties at the club house and a crawfish boil, Mardi Gras and Valentine wrapped into one. We also played sand volleyball at a bar and there's been a Sunday barbecue. I've found some friends, too. I like Events & Adventures and I recommend them to people. The more time you put into it, the more you're going to get out of it and the better experience you're going to get. It's all specific to the person for what they want out of it.

I heard about Events and Adventures advertised on the radio as a social gathering, not a dating service so I went with it. I was a little anxious on my first event but when I arrived, the people there were friendly and very welcoming. We went around by saying our names and where we were from. I’ve attended over 50 events since November. We went zip lining and last week, we had bubble soccer. We also went to see and learn about the llamas and we’re going to England in June.

I've been single for a while and Events and Adventures helps me get out of the house. I am not pressured in trying to meet someone. As a matter of fact, I'm 62 and I'm the oldest one there. The average age would be in the mid or late 30s but it's fun to be around the kids and watching and getting to know them. There's not very many men my age in it but I have met some lady friends. As a matter of fact, I'm going to roam with one in England. We’ve done some things outside of the group too and it's great.

The only thing is it’s a catch-22. It's a little expensive but you know that the people that are investing in this are committed. They are not just your run-of-the-mill person on the free online dating site. They are professional people which I tend to be more comfortable with. Even security-wise, I'm not thinking there's somebody in there to scam me. It's not cheap but you get what you pay for. I'll definitely recommend them if somebody could afford it.

I like the idea of Events & Adventures' event planning and taking that part off my plate. I was curious when I arrived at my first event but after that, I figured out what was it then I went and had fun. I've attended the wallyball and some of the bar eating events. There's also a soccer game, and the gun shooting one was my favorite.

Events & Adventures is a good program. I've just begun my fifth month with them. They offer a lot to singles like me who find themselves working a lot. I’m about 30 minutes away from them in a clubhouse down there. I’m from the north side of Houston and I love it. They are able to schedule on their calendar events that are close by to me to where I can enjoy it, and take trips to other places as well. And the variety’s nice, too. The fact that I can enjoy musical theaters down in Hermann Park or go to a science lecture in a museum or just hang out and do sand volleyball at a local hangout up where I live is amazing.

My cousin kept telling me about the singles group and he would not stop talking about this thing for a month. You go to events and you keep meeting the same people. You get a chance to meet somebody and continue to see them and things work. I said, "When are you gonna join? You keep talking about this." He said, "Yeah, I heard it on the radio and I looked it up." He told me that it was Events & Adventures and I said, "Oh okay. Text that to me so I can look into it." I went into the website and I put my information and then I got called. The rep said, "Well, you can come in and I can give you more information." I went and talked to Jody and I said this is a whole different thing than online dating.

It was a little better because you get to meet people face to face instead of not being sure if you're meeting someone for real or what their true intentions are. I started thinking that this would be something better than what I've been doing so far because I really want to meet somebody and eventually be married. All the things that are out there now sucked for me. I've never been married and I don't have kids and I get rejected because of that. You don't have to deal with the drama or anything like that. Also, I'm 47 but I'm a young 47. My age is not a big deal. I also do better face to face than through email or messaging so I went on to Events & Adventures.

I'm very social so arriving at my first event didn't even matter to me. I went with a plan. I knew everybody there was single so it was okay. In a normal situation, when you go into a group setting or a bar, you have to assess the place. You know who's out there looking for somebody and who isn't and you can tell that by their demeanor in the place. But at least with Events and Adventures, you know they're single and they're there for a reason. Especially for the women because you don't have to worry about a guy playing with a double life. If he's married, he's married, but he's out there messing around and vice versa.

I did a lot of the summer stuff and there were no weekends for me. However, the biggest hang up I have about Events & Adventures was that it was more Chicago-based and I'm not from Chicago. I'm in the suburbs. I can't go to a lot of the weekly events because I get out at about seven and by the time I get to Chicago, either the event is over or I don't want to participate anymore because I've been sitting in traffic for an hour and a half. I've met a lot of people from Naperville or from Waukegan. There's nothing that's going to be close to a person that joined from Waukegan unless they come to Chicago.

I met some friends but I'm not looking for guy friends. Every time I go now, I try to get a number or try to get to talk to somebody. However, there has been some situations that I ran into which I was disappointed. It was the Valentine's event and halfway through the event, I've seen this girl and I have to go say hi to her because she was gorgeous. But she was grouped up and she was dancing with her girlfriend and these two other guys.

Eventually, that girl sat down so I said, "Hi, how you doin'? Is someone staying here?" She said, "No." I sat down and had a conversation and she told me that she came with a friend that is also part of the event. I started telling her about the event, what it's about and what they do. It was a simple conversation. Her friend came up and said, "Excuse me. This is my friend and she's not allowed to talk to anybody that we don't know." I said, "Okay. So, why didn't she say that?" We were engaged in a conversation and her friend grabbed her from the chair and took her to the dance floor. I let that slide but that was rude.

Also, there were a couple of events where you would go and you would assume things and they wouldn't be true. The first one that I went to, I thought it was catered and we pitched in a few dollars. But, they just reserved tables and then you order your own food and they put it on one bill. I said, "We put them all in one bill? I don't wanna do that. I don't know these people. How do I know they're not gonna walk out and just leave whoever the last person with the bill? You guys gotta be more careful."

I talked to the person that's running the thing and I said, "You know what, that'll be just nice that you guys would be cutting clear of what is to be expected on stuff like this because if that's the case, I rather just eat before I go and then worry about my own drinks or whatever the case may be." Just be forward, don't try to massage and say, "Oh yeah, there's dinner and we're gonna this, we're gonna do that." Then, it's not. However, it has gotten better. They listened on that one.

But right now, what I'm seeing and it's starting to get annoying was that it was getting real cliquey. It's all about the Chicago people and the suburb people were not part of the clique. I even froze for two months because I don't want to see them anymore. We can't get into the mix there. It doesn't mean that I don't try to get involved with some of those conversations, but after you see them a few times, you know there's nothing there. The rep kept saying we're getting about 20 new people a day. I said, "Well every time I come out, it's the same people. Where're the more people?" When they had something close to me during the week that I was able to go to, I met different people which was cool. But, there were still the same few that likely go to all the events which is good because that's what it's there for. You want to go to an event constantly because you're paying for it.

We knew about Events & Adventures through a friend. I just kept it at the back of my mind for a while and we talked about it at New Year's, and a friend signed me up for following up. I was interested in the club to be more active and meet people. I just started with them in January and I've been to a bunch of events and trips. I've probably attended two to three events a week, and most of these have been indoor activities so far. I liked the rock climbing and the bowling is always fun. Other than that, the game nights are always fun. A lot of times, we just do dinners, happy hour, and stuff like that.

Since I've been going there, I've found friends, but no one significant yet. There have been a couple of events outside of Events & Adventures that I've attended with a recurring Saturday group of people that I've met at E&A that do rock climbing every week. I've also been invited to a few other events outside of E&A, but I haven't gone to them. The services that E&A provides and the events that they put on are great. There are a little overpriced, though. Overall, it's pretty easygoing with E&A. The events are well organized. When we get there, everything's ready to go and people just hit the ground running.

I like getting to meet new people and going to different places. During my first event with Events and Adventures, I was excited and the people there were pretty friendly. So far, I've been to five of their events and trips. I liked the longer treks and one of them was good. I hope that every month, though, they maybe have more of those events. It's been a new experience on the whole.

I was single, very lonely and was trying to put myself out there in any way. I grew up in Minnesota, went away for college and ended up coming back to Minnesota. A bunch of my high school friends was around, but a lot of them weren't really available and very far. One of my closest friends ended up having moving to Cincinnati dorm.

I joined Events & Adventures and during the first event I attended, I wasn't sure what to expect. I got to find a game, and that got me comfortable. Over the last two years, I've attended their events about two or three times a week and the camping trips are the most valuable for me. My biggest takeaway is that I've made a lot of really good friends. One of the places that I would like to live someday is in Southern California and I don't know if Events and Adventures has many clubs down there or not. I just like to see more clubs around the country. Overall, it has been a life-changing experience for me.

Events and Adventures Company Profile