Call toll free
4.10/5

Events and Adventures

Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Minneapolis, Phoenix, San Francisco, Santa Clara, and Vancouver BC

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Events and Adventures is more than just a social club -- it’s a way to experience new adventures while making new friends. We are located in Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Minneapolis, Phoenix, San Francisco, Santa Clara, Seattle and Vancouver, BC.

Events & Adventures is a safe, invitation-only network of people with a common thread: to get out and meet new people. With 30-50 local events each month, you’ll easily be able to find events you’re interested in meet people with common interests. Whether it's horseback riding, skydiving, wine tasting or just a casual hangout! Visit us online to learn more about how you can get the ball rolling.

Events and Adventures Gallery (10)
A-BBB Rating
View More View More

1198 Events and Adventures Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I did not have a solid friend group and I was also single at the time. I joined Events and Adventures because I wanted to find a good group of friends, and I was hoping to find someone romantically as well. I’ve been in the club since 2017, and I've been to about 100 events. Some of my best friends are from E and A now. I also dated someone for 15 months but we broke up unfortunately. Other than that, I've really enjoyed more of the events for adrenaline junkies. The trapeze was really fun and I really enjoyed sky diving. When I don’t have something to do in the evening and I want to do something, having E and A is a great way to be able to at least look at a calendar to say yes or no. So that’s been nice.

Get expert buying tips about Matchmaking Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

If you’re going to sign up, make note that you’re signing up for a 4 day membership. They will refuse to reimburse you if you need to cancel early. If you live to a town they aren’t located in, they won’t refund your membership. They don’t give a ** about anything but the money. A contract over 4 days is really nothing but a lie. 4 days. That is the max of your contract no matter what you supposedly sign up for.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Events and Adventures was a way to meet people who were single and wanna go out and do stuff. I was a bit apprehensive on my first event and I was a bit worried about the demographic of people that I saw. They put you in the club pretty quickly and in three days, you’re locked in. I started in the beginning of November and I’ve attended 5 events. Most of them are local to the city. I was in bowling in bocce, dominoes and the coolest one was the charity event I went to last week. I’ve made new friends and that’s good. However, they should make the events to cast a little wider. It seems like the same members go to the events that I have seen but if you go to an event where there are other people, there’s a chance to mingle with others.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I’ve gone camping and to the clubs with Events and Adventures. However, I haven't taken any of the trips yet as I find that they're a little more expensive than what I wanna spend. I thought that because we have a group of people, things would be less expensive. Instead, sometimes it seems that things are more expensive and we’re not getting discounts. I’d love this trip that they’re going on to New Orleans, Louisiana. But there’s no flight involved and it’s $1,400 for about three days. It seems like an awful lot. I was also gonna go to the Brazilian Steakhouse and because not enough people signed up, it went from 42 to 52. 42 was pushing it and I’m not gonna pay $52.

I like country dancing and I like it when we go out to the Wild West. I've also gotten a couple of friends. I had one friend, but she’d gotten in a relationship and then I was in a relationship for a while with one of the guys I met. I’m older and it’s kinda hard because most of the people are younger so it’d be nice if the activities would gear towards more older people. It also seems like every Monday and Tuesday they do the same things, such as the volleyball or the wallyball type stuff and it’s hard for me to be involved in those. Events and Adventures should also sometimes be a little more organized about some stuff. We went to a dance thing last few weeks ago and there were only two tables and a few chairs, so not everybody had a place to sit down. Other than that, I always tell everybody that Events and Adventures is fun and I encourage them to go. I really enjoy it and the more people that are there, the more it's fun.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I wanted to get out more and I decided to join Events & Adventures. Since joining, I've joined 10 events thus far and Volleyball has been my favorite. Game night was fun as well and in the near future, I'll be going bowling.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Events and Adventures?

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

We have a radio station here in Houston and Events and Adventures has an ad on there, and it was mentioned a few times. I checked out the site and saw some of the reviews from what seemed like current members 'cause they were pretty recent. One of the big things was the skydiving stuff, so it was a more adventurous kind of things. But a big part of it I saw was that somebody said Events was a comfortable, organic way to meet people, and that's very true.

Each event got its own group or type of person that would show up to it, so I experienced all kinds of different things and made all kinds of different friends that I probably would have never made had I not been in the group. I attended 25 events and on my first one, I went to an open mic night at the House of Blues where we had dinner and I got to check out the performers there. It was very fun and casual. That would always be one of my favorites 'cause it was my first impression. Then when we went to this VR video game place, we broke up into teams and worked as a team. It was some competition against each other to complete the main objective, so it was kinda fun.

The event manager, Reid, is awesome. He's always available if we ever have questions like through Facebook, in anything, whether it's stuff on our contract or suggesting future events or questions about an event like minutes before it's going on. He's always Johnny-on-the-spot. I have already gotten a coworker in the group for Events and Adventures.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I have been looking for more people to spend time with. I decided to join Events & Adventures and though at first I was super nervous, as soon as I met a couple of the people, I settled into the program very quickly. At first, I sent to an ugly sweater party which was a complete blast. I've tried to get to that event every year since. From the time I became member, I've usually done the game night every month as well as the cheaper events. I've also gone to the Halloween party and the New Year's Eve party every year. I definitely recommend Events & Adventures. It's a lot of fun. Though it costs quite a bit, it's worth it and I've made a few friends there.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Events and Adventures is a single-people-hanging-out-because-they-just-don’t-have-time-to-go-meet-people thing. I like that it is not a hook-up thing. I was nervous before arriving at my first event. It was a painting event and I had a lot of fun. It was like a BYOB, but you could paint and it was good. There were lots of events that I wanted to go to, but I have a busy schedule. In the beginning, a lot of things were cancelled when I didn't want them to, but that’s just how life goes. I have an event coming up that’s like a boots scootin’ boogie thing going on and there’s a game night one.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I heard about Events and Adventures on the radio a couple of times and never really gave it much thought. Then my sister heard on the radio and encouraged me to do it 'cause I graduated last year, I've been working full time and not really doing anything. I’ve always been talking for the last couple of years of wanting to get out, meet new people, and try new things and stuff, and thought it would be the perfect opportunity for me to do both.

I've only been for a little less than a month and I attended about eight events so far. I was nervous on my first event as I'm not the most confident in situation with new people, but the hosts were really friendly, talkative, funny, and they got me feeling more comfortable right away. Then other people started showing up, and the first guy that I went to was with the new member seminar and then bowling. So, most everybody else that showed up right away was their first event and it was a little easier everybody else being around the same comfortability.

I really liked the virtual reality simulation place, that was great. The first experience I've ever had that stuff and I've always been interested in that. I also liked the dodgeball trampoline, it was so much fun. I've almost never done trampoline, so I got to play dodgeball as an adult from that. It was just a great time. I've made a couple of new friends that I've talked to a little bit and have seen at a couple different events. I'm a little slower on initiating things so hoping to see people a few more times and then maybe meet outside of it also.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

All my friends are married or have kids. It’s easier to meet up with people this way. I was a little nervous before arriving for my first event. But I was told there was gonna be a host there who would introduce me and help me get connected with people. So I wasn’t super nervous. I’ve done about five or six events now. I try to do at least once a week and I love the haunted house. We also did a margarita and taco tour. That was really fun. Those two are my favorite.

We’re going to the Gaylord Hotels to see ICE! It’s a big show where there are all these sculptures made out of ice. It’s really cool. Then I’m also going to the New Year’s party. We’re doing a dinner where you can bring your dog. It’s pretty fun. Plus we’re doing a light maze as well. And everyone’s really nice so I like Events & Adventures. One of the girls and I are kinda friends too. We talk more when we’re together at the event.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

What interests me the most would be the events and adventures part of the club. It's nice to have the people in it be single but it was less of that. The biggest idea is that you get out there and do stuff. However, Events and Adventures hasn't invested more money into the technology used. We have to do everything through a website and it looks like it was designed in the late 90s. Maybe I'm a little bit biased because I'm a software engineer but that's definitely an important thing for this generation. Events and Adventures needs to join the year that we're in and get a mobile app and a web application from this decade going.

Nonetheless, I've joined four big trips so far and an average of three events a month. We've gone to various different activities like WhirlyBall or arcade game and going out for dinner around the world. It's usually a good time. On a regular basis, my favorite event is the volleyball. Then as far as trips, my favorite is the whitewater rafting in the fall. I've found a couple of friends too.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I thought Events and Adventures would be a cool way to meet people my age, but when I got there, it turned out to be a lot of older people and events I normally wouldn't do. I went to the Postino's event and I don't even like that. I also did the indoor rock wall, poker night and top golf, which was good. For the things I did, it was nice, but I don't go to the events anymore. Every month, I pay for the $108 membership fee and I don't even use it because I can't afford to go to the events. I'm losing more money than I would like, but there's nothing I can do about it until I can come up with $400 to cancel.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I wanted to get out and do things, and although I was a little nervous the first time I went to an event, the people there were great. It's now close to two weeks that I've been with Events and Adventures and I've been in about six events. I've made some friends and my experience has been good so far. It's a lot of fun and I've enjoyed it.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I’ve done a lot of the trips with Events and Adventures. I went to Brazil, and it was pretty neat. I’ve done Cancun with them, and I just got back from Egypt and Jordan. My travel and hotel experiences have always been pretty nice. I did sushi-making, to learn how to make sushi, which was pretty cool. I've been with Events and Adventures for three years now and I've made new friends.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

The first event I went to didn’t start out very well. The event was closed down and I was wandering around. I ended up thinking I got there too early and I went to a bar next door. I happened to run into some other people who were also going to that same event. We got together and made the best of it. We sorta made our own event and it turned out all right. That aside, I've been to about a half dozen or so events with Events & Adventures. The movie previews are probably the most popular ones and I've been to those the most. There was also a Christmas light event that we went to in downtown Seattle. It wasn’t great but that was all right. Also, I did find someone for a little while and we went out for a few weeks.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I wanted to make new friends and get out of my apartment but I didn't know many people here in Denver. Also, I’m in school, so I didn’t have a ton of social time either. I wanted to make the most of the time I do have and Events and Adventures sounded like a lot of fun. I was really nervous for my first event because I am not an outgoing person, so joining and going to these things are very out of my comfort zone but it became a little easier since I started. It’s still a little weird for me though.

We’ve done a lot of board game nights which I found really fun. We also did an escape room once, which was the first time that I had ever done one and I’ve been wanting to do one forever, so that was really fun. It was the most memorable event, so far. I was a little concerned about how much Events and Adventures costs at first but I definitely think that it’s worth it and I’m really glad I joined. Not everyone has the money to join but if you can, it’s definitely a good, fun thing to do.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I had been divorced for a while and I was looking to meet some new people and make some new friends, so I signed up with Events & Adventures. I was a bit nervous during the first event but everyone was really open and friendly. Everyone introduced themselves and the event went really well. Of all the events I've been to, the Halloween party was my favorite. Their long-distance trips are a bit costly but I'd join them eventually if I get the money. So far, we have not been seeing outside of the club, but I'm definitely getting to know people more. Those who were having a hard time or more afraid because it’s hard now especially with dating and everything, I would tell them to join Events & Adventures. It’d be nice though if there was a bit more events that were included in the membership. Apparently, you have to pay extra on top of the membership in a lot of the events which can be a bit costly. Nonetheless, it has been a good experience.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

My brother's friend at work told me about Events and Adventures and I’ve been a member since the end of August. I was interested in getting out and doing things. I failed to read all the things that I was supposed to do for the first event though which was my mistake but the experience was good. I was nervous but since it was a very active activity and was good for me, I felt more comfortable. Since then, I’ve been to a football event and a game night which were good. I went to a party the other night which was alright but it wasn’t really for me though. I'm about to go tonight to a trampoline and dodgeball event but something happened and it changed into a laser tag event.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I was looking for a kickball team and Events & Adventures came up afterwards and I thought it was cool. All the travel and different varieties of events, ages and personalities interest me. I was mostly excited during the first event and once I walked in, everybody was really nice and asked me if I was new. I said yes and had no problem introducing myself. There was a live band, so it was really hard to talk to people. It was not the best environment to meet somebody but it was great. There were a lot of people there and then I went to another event two days later.

All the events are really fun. I really enjoyed a lot of them. I have not been disappointed in anything. There are great people and I had no problem making connections. I also love the fact that I was able to get the extra eight months added on. That was just fantastic. That made it very well worth it for me especially because I was not always able to do stuff. I made a lot of new friends and I'm learning the city too.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I had always been kind of curious and interested about joining Events & Adventures but hadn’t been in the place where it made sense. But recently, it made sense for me. I was excited that I was able to go at my first event and found out new things to do. People live in a town and they never know about the things available and I've definitely found out things that are happening that I never knew about.

My first event was supposed to be a bonfire at the beach but there was some weather issues, so we went to a barn. It was a meet and greet for new people. The Borealis event was one of my favorite ones. It was a unique experience. I had no clue that was a thing that ever happened, and I also went on some hikes. I'm planning on doing some kind of trips. I had a question on whether or not I could go to other cities and I did. I went to San Francisco and did some events there. I was not really looking for a guy friend but I've talked to a few girls, so it's been productive for me.

My biggest feedback is that there's this Antarctica trip that's supposed to be happening next year, and then they have the Alaska Cruise. Those things are completely sold out like months and months in advance. Obviously, it's something people want to do, and it's apparently not just for a city. There's 12 cities so they're open to all the cities. They should keep those to maybe a couple of city pairs because they're just way too competitive to get in, and that's kind of the reason why I joined was to be able to do stuff like go take a vacation in Antarctica or go take a cruise to Alaska.

I also had numerous events that just didn’t happen that were supposed to happen. So for instance, that Borealis one, the host didn’t even show up at all. So, I just wound up finding some random person who happened to be part of the Events & Adventures. I just walked around with them during that. We were supposed to have some costume display thing for Halloween, and that wound up being like after the planned Halloween party, so they did that planning very poorly, and they cancelled that event altogether.

There's just been numerous cancelled events that I'm not happy with and not being able to go on these trips, to me, that's also a cancelled event because there's not enough room for people who are interested. I know somebody else who said it wasn’t what they expected and wound up going on their little leave of absence. So I'm somewhat satisfied but there's things that can be improved.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I wanted to connect with people who have similar interests. A family member recommended Events & Adventures to me so I signed up. I was excited coming to my first event which was a Halloween party. Since then, I've been to three others namely an international dinner, a dance club party and a trip to the Arizona Science Center. In the future, I'm going hiking as well as to a show at the Mesa Arts Center. I've made a couple of friends thus far and there have been two or three people whom I exchanged numbers with and saw outside of events. The company is doing well. Our event coordinator does a great job and all of our hosts have been really fun. I'm enjoying my time with Events & Adventures.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I was new in town, I didn’t know anything or anybody and I needed something to do. I decided to sign up with Events and Adventures and for my first event, everybody was really nice. I’ve now been to about nine events where we did different things and they were all good. I especially like the yoga event that I did. Also, there are people from the events that I recognize now. All in all, Events and Adventures is doing everything well. There are different things to do and there is something for everybody.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I like the fact that Events & Adventures procures all the events and I really wouldn't have to do much but sign up. I was excited for my first event and by now, I've done about 20. I did the meet-and-greet party last year then there was an art walk, happy hours and a free movie. I particularly like the movie screeners. I’ve been to about five of those. But I haven't done any of the trips. It's not because I am not interested in them but they tend to be a little bit more expensive than I would like to spend. I feel like I can do the trips on my own for significantly less. I get the trade off in terms of the planning and the group aspect of it. But I think that they could do some of the trips in a more cost effective way and that would be a little bit more appealing to a bigger group of people. But then, it didn't seem like they had challenges filling the spot so maybe it works for them.

I've gone on, technically, one date but nothing came of it. I've met people but there has been nobody that I keep in contact with on a regular basis. The people that I’ve met in different events have also been inconsistent. It's an eclectic crowd and that's not necessarily a bad thing. But I have a hard time finding people that I would connect with. I know Events & Adventures doesn't get profiles and I understand that. But maybe there's a way they could potentially assign a personality to an event such that a person can get a better understanding of what to expect at the event or from the people at the event.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

After going to the initial meetings of Events & Adventures I was able to have the opportunity to do more things with different and more people. Everybody's been very nice so it was more comfortable. I had done about a dozen of events and the variety of events are really good. But the monthly mixer at Postino’s is pretty fun. I made a couple new acquaintances. The locations being throughout across the Phoenix area, also made the spread of the events pretty good. I would recommend to check Events & Adventures out.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I've been hearing about Events & Adventures ever since I was 18 and when I was around 20, I always wanted to join. I moved to a new state and got involved, and I liked it well. I've been in it for a year and I have made acquaintances. I have dated three people, although they were not successful. I was also looking for a best friend, but the opportunity didn’t arise. I've been to the outdoor bar, bowling, and multi-day events. I liked the scavenger hunt events or the ones where you are tossed to be in a group, but the game nights is, by far, my favorite. It’s like college again where you go back in time and hang out with good people. You feel like you’re in the know with everybody and you want to feel wanted. You are gonna catch up with everybody that you may have not seen for a really long time. That is what I was looking for and why I was joining, and it was really nice.

However, I heard there would be a younger crowd and I was hoping for it, but when I got to know more of the people and the event staff, there was a mixture of people. That also made it fun. I joined for friends and I happened to run across a few dates here and there. They were all great and were doing their job. My friends will probably ask if Events & Adventures is a singles club or if it is for swingers, and I will tell them that it is for other groups of people that just wanna get down to whatever their business is. I’d recommend it to a friend.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I was able to go to 20 events of Events & Adventures and the Fourth of July on Lake Union stood out to me. Volleyball was also a good recurring event. I was hopeful to meet a significant other, but doubtful I would at my age. There weren't many options. I know of several people who have found somebody through it, but it doesn't seem like there's much dating going on or finding that significant other. But I've made some friends.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I signed up with Events and Adventures with the thought that it would be a good opportunity to meet other people. I've attended five events so far. The first one I went to was called urban orienteering. They had to reschedule the event because of inclement weather. I also did a brunch, wallyball, and some sort of a happy hour. I’ve gotten to know people at Events and Adventures. At this point, they’re just acquaintances. So I run into a couple of people a few times and hang out. I haven’t really necessarily got into too much of a relationship, but I'm still working through that and getting to know people.

Events and Adventures is a great platform as far as meeting other people and doing different events. I like that there are varieties when it comes to the events. I have more specific interest that I enjoy doing. But I’m also open to trying other events and opportunities that I probably wouldn’t be as inclined to try had there not been something like that offered otherwise. I’m content and happy with what Events and Adventures is offering. I’ve enjoyed what I’ve been a part of so far.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I moved to a new area and I was looking for a social group. But after I signed up with Events & Adventures, I just didn't wanna have a membership anymore. I had never been to an event yet but I fell one day outside of the three-day window of being able to cancel. Sunday was the last day I had to call in and I called them on Monday. I contacted the recruiter who met with me for my initial meeting and he wouldn’t let me cancel. I was furious but I figured that I might as well try and go to an event. I was unhappy about my first event though. It was something I wanted to do but I had to pay an additional amount and there wasn’t a whole lot of people there. It was in Seattle too. It was very far away from where I live and it was a hassle to get there.

Also, the whole process of being interviewed for the group was psychological torture. If I knew a personal friend who had any kind of anxiety or had gone through trauma, I would never ever recommend Events and Adventures. It’s not a good idea. Overall, I've had a really horrible experience with Events and Adventures. I knew I was gonna have to be shelling out hundreds of dollars a month for a membership that I didn't want. It is absolutely not worth it because you have to pay a large amount of money upfront before you even get to try any event. There's no, "First one is free," or "Try an event with us and if you don't like it, it's a 30-day money back guarantee." It's not designed for people who really want to value what they do with their money or their time. It's really for people who have money to throw down the toilet on a monthly basis.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I've been to at least 30 events and trips by Events and Adventures. The first event that I went to was like a bring your dog to a bar thing. My favorites were a volunteering event, and a hiking trip where some people decided to get dinner afterwards. The ones that do some active thing outside and then people optionally decided to eat after are usually pretty enjoyable. I've tried all the events that they've had to offer locally. The one non-local thing I've done was a camping trip. I've also done volleyball, a sushi-making thing, ad a game where you ride around in different bumper cars and try to shoot a ball in a hoop. Alex, the main person in charge of the Chicago events, was super friendly and awesome. It definitely helps when you have some super welcoming, friendly host to talk to everybody and bring everybody in. My experience has been pretty nice. But it would be easier to see the same people multiple days and events in a row.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I do sporting events and I'm having fun doing them because they give me something to do where I don't have to do any planning for it. Over the course of time, I got few friends from there. But I can't make it down to a lot of events of Events and Adventures as I live about an hour away from Seattle.

Events and Adventures expert review by Mark Brooks

Events & Adventures offers a unique take on the traditional concept of matchmaking. By adding in the element of adventure, this dating company works to take the nerves out of any first date.

• Group meetings: Events & Adventures makes a first date experience more like a social club. Everyone involved meets up for a fun activity and gets to know each other under easygoing circumstances.

• Vetting process: Meeting someone for the first time is filled with uncertainty. With Events & Adventures, participants know that the person they meet is who they say they are. A complete vetting prior to any adventure helps ensure a safe and fun time.

• Dating for introverts: In most dating situations, the extroverts get all the attention, but this unique dating service works just as well for the introverts out there. It allows a group of people to meet and interact naturally, removing the stress of the dating atmosphere.

• Activity variety: Put the dinner and a movie model out of your mind when you sign up with Events & Adventures. They offer 30-50 great event choices each month.

• International adventures: Where most dating services feel they've done their job after the first date, Events & Adventures works to keep the fun going all around the world. Participants can enjoy local activities and international travel, all with a group of like-minded adults.

• Best for: People seeking long-term relationships, people seeking fun activities and those looking to meet new friends.

Profile picture of Mark Brooks
Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

Events and Adventures Company Information