Call toll free
4.19/5
Based on 302 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Events and Adventures

Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Minneapolis, Phoenix, San Francisco, Santa Clara, and Vancouver BC

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Events and Adventures is more than just a social club -- it’s a way to experience new adventures while making new friends. We are located in Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Minneapolis, Phoenix, San Francisco, Santa Clara, Seattle and Vancouver, BC.

Events & Adventures is a safe, invitation-only network of people with a common thread: to get out and meet new people. With 30-50 local events each month, you’ll easily be able to find events you’re interested in meet people with common interests. Whether it's horseback riding, skydiving, wine tasting or just a casual hangout! Visit us online to learn more about how you can get the ball rolling.

Events and Adventures Gallery (10)
A-BBB Rating
View More View More

1075 Events and Adventures Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 7, 2018

A friend mentioned that his mom was in the Events and Adventures group. I love to go do things and I thought an events and adventures for single people sounded great. It’s fun to travel or have adventures with single people instead of couples, because couples tend to stick to themselves or with other couples. And so, Events and Adventures was just a better fit for who I am. I felt welcome during my first event and it was nice because everybody was in the same boat. I've only been a member for a few months but I had a good experience.

I've gone on 12 to 15 events. I went to learn how to brew beer and I’m not really a beer person. I just went to have fun. And I went on a shooting thing, which was kind of interesting learning how to shoot. Another event was a volleyball one, island to island, but they had a bunch of different games and things for everybody. That was a pretty cool event. It just felt nice to learn new things and I’ve met some really great friends. It’s an easy atmosphere to talk to everybody because everybody knows everybody’s single. It’s just more open and friendly. I’m doing things that I won’t normally do, and I like that I don’t have to search out and then go do by myself. It’s nice to be able to have things that you can choose from.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 6, 2018

I quit a different social club. It really wasn't so pure social and I wanted a more active social life. I joined Events and Adventures in late February and so far, I've attended events close to the high teens. I've met a couple of people and I did date somebody, but it was short lived. And, I had to pass on the event that I favored the most. One was the kayaking because my back went out on me. And then the softball game that was two days ago because of my knee. I need to have both knees cope in and I need to have back surgery.

When I signed up, they promised me lots of dog-friendly events but there has only been one since I joined and I was the one who put it together. It's a brewery that has a tasting room that is very dog friendly. I recommended that event and Events and Adventures scheduled it while I was on vacation. I have a 20-month old dog and I wanted to make sure that there was stuff that we could do together. It was just bad luck for me that it happened to work out that way. So far, I'm a little disappointed in the repetitiveness of some events. If I were to tell somebody about Events and Adventures, I would print out a schedule and talk with them about events, and give my insight on it before I say, "Hey, you should sign up."

Original review: July 5, 2018

I liked that at Events & Adventures, there is someone planning the activities. And I felt fine on my first event with them. I went to a Rockets game, a bowling, and a talent show. And I've made new friends at their events.

Original review: July 4, 2018

I was nervous on my first event but everyone was friendly and everyone introduced. Even if people know each other, they introduced themselves. Everyone was free to talk to anyone else. I talked to everyone and I really had a good time. I've been doing two events every week, and I have registered for five events coming up. I like poker because most of the players are the host. It's very nice to meet and talk to all of them. The trips fill up really quick, especially the trip to Europe. It gets filled a year before. It would be better if there's a notification system if there's gonna be an opening so someone can be prepared for it.

I met a lot of good friends from my first and second events, and we've been going to the same events. It's really good to go to events with people you know. Every time I go to an event, I meet new people. It’s good because you keep seeing them. But it would be awesome if the Events and Adventures website had a friend list and you can add friends from inside the club. Because the only thing that you can do right now is the phone number, and some people are not really comfortable giving their phone number to a friend they just met once.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I heard about Events and Adventures through a friend of mine at work, who explained that it was a good way to meet new people, fill in the dark spots of the Houston map that I don't have experience with and expose myself to new things. I was also interested in the events that they had scheduled. I went to a couple of events the first couple of weeks. I enjoyed the nature hiking, and we went to the Club Park out in the Northwest section of town which is the kind of thing I'd like to do. I've also gone out to their new members' barbecue meeting.

The people I've met have been really nice, but unfortunately, it seems like there are a lot of guys that recently joined that are in my same situation. Also, I wasn’t comfortable with the sign up process. I felt like I was under a therapist microscope, and I got the impression that no matter what I said, as long as I met the financial requirements, I'd be accepted. And then, it was high pressure to get me signed right there when I found out how much it cost. Based on my friend’s recommendation, I went ahead and signed up but we'll see if it's worthwhile at the end of the day. Their website seems to work well and overall Events and Adventures looks promising.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Events and Adventures?

Original review: July 2, 2018

I like that Events and Adventures is for single people and that they plan events that I'd be able to go to each month without any effort on my end besides signing up. I've been a member since mid-April and I was very nervous at my first event because the location was scary. It was a bowling alley which was not a very nice spot for an ice breaker meeting. So far, I have attended less than 10 events. I really enjoyed the class bowling that I did and some of the dinner mingles. I am doing one on the 28th of July and they are doing a tour of the factory or the brewing place and then river tubing. It was $50 roundtrip which included to and from the city. I've met a couple of very nice ladies. However, I've noticed that a lot of people are older than me in this group so that was challenging. We have two groups, the premier and the younger population. But the events I've gone through seems to be people in their 30's.

I know that the whole point of Events and Adventures is to get out there, meet new people and experience these events. But it would be nice if they included a cancellation policy because that takes a lot of money to do upfront and if you have a change of heart, they have all of that money now. So that was disappointing. I also met with the coordinator for Minneapolis and I felt very pressured into purchasing, which I didn't appreciate. I initially had a phone conversation, and ended up saying, "I think I'll pass right now." And then, I got a text message saying, "Are you sure?" And then, a couple of weeks later I said, "Okay, I can go in for a visit, see what it's all about." The offices that they had were sketchy and I felt very pressured into buying during our conversation. Nonetheless, I would tell others that I've been able to go to these very exciting events that I probably wouldn't have the opportunity to go to by myself or would have done on my own.

Original review: July 1, 2018

I am a newcomer to the city. I have a lot of free time and I don’t know what to do with it. Somebody recommended Events and Adventures to me and I joined the club for the events that they have. All of the events that I have attended have been good--camping, sports, and some eats and drinks events. Also, a lot of things that otherwise I would possibly not do, I would do them now because I've done them with Events and Adventures. My favorite activities so far were kayaking, snorkeling with the seals, and camping.

The events coordinator and planner we have is amazing too. She always has a smile on her face and makes you feel pretty comfortable. She said that the club is also non-judgmental so it's always great to have an events coordinator who is like that. That was pretty rare. I also have found acquaintances who I see over time in the same events. It's a lot of fun just to settle for and hang out.

A lot of things about this club are especially great for me. But, it is expensive. Most of the stuff I signed up for, I had to pay for them over and above the membership fee, so it sort of adds up. Still, it's worth it if you are the kind of person who is willing to take time and go to events as there are enough and many interesting events and stuff to do when you're a part of Events and Adventures group.

Original review: June 30, 2018

I'm new to the Chicago area and joining Events and Adventures is a great way to meet new friends and have something to do other than watch TV every night. I could get out and get to do different activities. I was a little bit nervous arriving to my first event but they were really good about letting me know that I could call and ask any questions. They gave me a lot of information like where to park. That was great and I felt informed going in. So far, I've been to the Book Club Meeting, the Whirlyball and New Member Icebreaker. My favorite event is the Burgers and Bingo. I was also gonna go to a Campfire but that got cancelled due to weather.

Events and Adventures has a fun, great atmosphere and great activities. I'm dying to go on one of their big trips because they look amazing. But I gotta save up a little bit of money so I can sign up. I'm excited to get out there and see more things. They're doing a really great job trying to get to all the different areas of the city. I know they're in a bunch of different cities, but Chicago is so big and it takes you three hours plus traffic to get to a lot of places. I live on the southeast, so I try to make sure I get to all the events that are in my geographical area. I've met a couple of different people too. I saw some of the same people at my second or third event and everybody was really nice. I can see myself becoming friends with them and I just need time to get to some more events.

Original review: June 29, 2018

Events & Adventures is a social club and it’s nice. I needed to meet new people so I joined it. A couple of the events were really good. I enjoyed the hikes, the murder mystery game and escape rooms. I did an out of town trip to Camp LeTourneau and that was also great. I also signed up for a couple of events coming up this month. It’s a bit of a challenge to make new friends because the people who show up in one event, you never see them again -- unless you are comfortable in acquiring their phone numbers the first time you meet. Everytime it’s a new cohort of people that you meet at an event and that’s unexpected and I think it’s not great. But there are maybe four people who are regulars, who you meet again and again so you can create a relationship.

The website also needs to be updated to the current decade. It’s about 10 years back. It’s just ridiculous. They should also create an app because the mobile version is even worse than the one online. It’s a huge inconvenience for people to sign up and the website also needs to be better organized. It really needs to change if they like more participation and for the whole company to grow because the first experience you have is you wanna sign up or find out what the club is about and you go to the website. And there are so many free hosting websites where you don’t pay anything like a personal website, you just sign up for it. So when you come from that to this, it’s definitely a put off. It makes you think twice.

But apart from that, Events & Adventures is well-organized and the hosts are great. You get timely notifications for any changes and I know people work really hard to make the event go smoothly which is appreciated by me personally. It's flexible with everything else. But I would personally like more out of town events. It doesn’t have to be as logistically challenging as Camp Letourneau but a simple camping trip near town would be great too.

Original review: June 24, 2018

I had just moved to a new area and I didn't really know anybody, and instead of just sitting in the house, I wanted to get out there, meet some people, and do some things. So I started looking online and Events and Adventures was the top result out here. I looked into it for a while and eventually made an appointment. I've gone to three events so far and my favorite was some sort of bar mingle. My first event was a movies at the park thing, which was great when I first got there. But then, everyone kinda stopped socializing to watch the movie. But the bar mingle was more of like a relaxed environment and there were a lot of time to socialize and get to know each other, so it was good. I had a lot of anxiety before arriving on my first event but on my third event, I was comfortable because I started seeing familiar faces, and that relaxed me right off the bat.

Events & Adventures is a great way to get out there and try new things or go to new places in the city especially if you're new to an area. But as a suggestion, it would be really nice if the company offered a one-time trial period or a meet and greet so you get a taste for it before you actually pay the money to sign up for the club. That was one of my biggest worries because I wasn't really sure what I was signing up for at the time. I'm glad I did it now, but it would've definitely relaxed me a little bit more.

Original review: June 23, 2018

With Events & Adventures, you can do different activities when your regular friends don’t wanna do them. At least you have a group of people that are willing to do it and you can join them with doing various activities and events. I was a little bit nervous when I arrived at my first event because you meet new people and you don’t know what the new experience was gonna be. After that, I’ve ended up doing some of the activities more and more so it’s starting to change a bit. I got to know the majority of the event planners and managers, so I was getting comfortable after a while.

This month, I’ve done four activities. I did the seal snorkeling last Sunday in Horseshoe Bay which is number one on my list so far. I also did the after hours at Science Worlds, the night kayaking after hours at the Vancouver Aquarium which is my favorite, and some volleyball at the bowling place. Then, I have the Canada Day boat trip on Sunday. I’ll probably do five or more next month. But I haven’t made new friends from these events and adventures. It’s like you ended meeting and talking to them, then when they see you more and more, you realize have enough friends from outside the adventures.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I'm a homebody type personality but I do like getting out and to socialize and I like to talk to people. Events and Adventures really piqued my interest because it allows me to get out, have fun, meet new people, socialize, and really do things. I wanna travel more, and it helps that group rates are always a little bit cheaper. It's only been a month since I joined and I've been about to nine events. My favorite has been the sand volleyball on Wednesdays. I'm trying to live a more active lifestyle these days and trying to be healthier, and sand volleyball has allowed me to have some fun in the sand because it was on the coastline. I like playing a sport where it's not competition being shove down my throat all the time and I've met quite a few people playing sand volleyball. I also went to Casino Night at a local member’s house last Thursday and it was fun. I planned on already going to the next one because they have that monthly.

Everyone is super friendly. Being a social bug and a social butterfly, I try to float and try to mix myself in between all those cliques that have formed naturally just to try and kind of meet everybody that I can. I started building friendships with quite a few members. But it's hard to find time to really befriend as many people as you can since certain members aren’t at certain events. But I would still recommend Events and Adventures. Every time I look at the calendar, there's a whole bunch of new things and every single thing on this list would be something that I would never have thought to do on my own until Events and Adventures came along. The calendar keeps you interested in what the next month could have bring, and excited on what the new adventure is gonna be.

Original review: June 19, 2018

A friend of mind works for Events and Adventures in KC and the fact that it’s a bunch of people going out to do a lot of fun things sounded fun. I was excited to meet new people and have fun when I arrived at my first event. I did broomball on ice, so it was a lot of fun. There were quite a few people and I wasn’t able to meet everyone, but people I met seemed cool and like to do more. I already attended somewhere in the ballpark of 25 events in two months and I’ve made some new friends. My favorite event is the Bacon and Beer Classic in Seattle. Then on the 29th of June, we’re doing bring your dog to Marymoor Dog Park and we’re gonna be hanging out down there, which I'm looking forward to.

Original review: June 17, 2018

A friend referred me to Events and Adventures and I've been to two events which were fun. I felt welcome when I arrived at my first event. Of the ones I've attended, I liked the patio tour on the bus where I bicycled. In the other event I attended however, the organizer said that dancing would start at 9:00. But then, it didn't start until 10:00. Also, they said that the event would be a mixture of '70s, '80s, and '90's music but it was mostly millennial music so the event was not as it was presented to be. Nevertheless, I enjoyed myself. Events and Adventures is expensive but it may be worth it for some people.

Original review: June 13, 2018

The first time I went to an Events and Adventures, I couldn't find the group so I wound up hanging out on my own. I went to a fun Axe Throwing event with my group through Events and Adventures. There was good coaching which I liked. It had a relaxed pace but it also had a bit of competition if a participant wanted it. So, it was safe for all participants to pick how they wanted to engage.

Another event that I went to was tubing on the salt river. There were multiple groups on the river that day and we were guided well. It was easy for us to stay together. Also, there were people who had done it before so for those of us who were at the event for the first time, it was good to be with people who knew how to keep the groups together and brought all kinds of goodies. Everybody helped each other and there was a lot of laughing and fun.

Also, I recently went to their new member orientation. I wish I had been able to go to one sooner because it helped me understand some of the things that Events and Adventures has to deal with as well as some of the ways that I can better participate in using their service. Now I'm participating in two events a week versus before which was once a month.

Furthermore, the advice in advance in the email sent before their events was well described. Events and Adventures has done a good job as much as they can. With a big group of 40 some odd people, that's a lot of coordination. I think the work that they do, how they organize themselves, how they organize their volunteers and the kinds of ideas they bring forward for events. It's all very creative and well-managed. They're also very attentive to their members and they make certain that everybody is safely having a good time.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Events and Adventures is fun and it's not too expensive for what you get. I'm enjoying volleyball the most, and we do it every Wednesday. But a lot of stuff should be inclusive. With how much you pay, it seems that you still end up paying for everything that you do. We just went on a camping trip and I didn't know that I could take a fifth wheel. If I would've known, I could've actually gone for half the price that I got charged to go. I could've rented the spot for $40 and hooked up to it instead of paying a $160 to do it. And pretty much all I paid for was food. But it was still fun and I still had a good time.

I joined Events and Adventures to have planned events to go to and do stuff. I'm not a big drinker, but a lot of stuff that Events & Adventures does, at least the Dallas club, seems to be triggered towards the drinking crowd. They do a lot of pub crawls or breweries, which really leaves me without anything to do because I don't drink like that. So that kind of blows sometimes. Also, I thought the whole point of the group was to be single, and it seems like a lot of people in the group are romantically involved with one person.

Another thing is that some of things that I want to do are done during the week. And that is pretty much a no-go for me. Sometimes I can make the volleyball regularly because I get off of work about 6 o'clock, and it's on the way home. So I just stop by and I play some volleyball and then I go home. But some of the stuff is out of the way for me to get to after I've been at work all day. I brought that up to whoever our person is and they said that the reason they do it during the week is because it's too full. They can't make a reservation on the weekend at the place that they're doing whatever it is that I wanted to do, which makes sense.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I liked that Events & Adventures was a social group for singles. Walking into it, maybe I would be a little bit nervous about walking into a situation and not knowing anybody. But, even though I don't know who I'm gonna see at the event tonight, I know that there will be people from Events & Adventures and I'll just go in, introduce myself and sit down and enjoy whatever company is there.

I've done several events like the new members icebreaker. I've seen a couple of people at a couple of different events and been able to just talk to them a little bit more. There's one girl in particular that I met that I've had communications with outside of Events & Adventures. I like all of the events but it's not just steady talk time that you could have, like when I was at an Astros game where there were quite a few girls and I did talk to one, and I've been to bingo where you talk kinda in between. It's still fun and it is what it's supposed to be, but my goal has always been to meet people so I like it when I can have the time to actually have a conversation.

A lot of my friends know that I do it and I tell them I love it. I'm at an age where most of friends are married and have children or grandchildren that they're always doing something with. I only signed up for six months and I know that's the more expensive route to take, but I wanted to make sure that I would like it. I tell all of my friends who have asked me about it that I love it. Even if I don't do anything, it's just nice to have something on my calendar that I could do if I wanted to. I don't see any reason at this point why I wouldn't renew and sign up again and I've told a few people about it who know people who probably should get involved themselves.

Original review: June 10, 2018

I felt good when I went to meet the person at Events and Adventures, so I signed up. I’ve been to the meet and mingle event and lots of people come to those. I’ve met several friends through there. And then I’ve been to the Las Margaritas restaurant for El Cinco de Mayo and I chatted with some friends there. I also went horseback riding and I loved it. It was really good. It’s always been a dream of mine to go horseback riding but just never got to it. I’m able to do a lot of things that I was not able to do just because there was no one to do it with. But now that people are going, and I’m signed up, it’s like a commitment that I will go and do it.

Events and Adventures is a really great club to meet new people and do a lot of fun activities together. They did a good job. I really liked the event host. She’s really, really nice and she’s very open and you can talk to her about anything. She always encourages me anytime she sees me to join more events and that they were so I happy that I joined. So, it’s a very positive environment.

The membership is for one year, but maybe Events and Adventures could make it six months at a time. I'm a full time student so right now, I 'm able to take advantage of getting out and doing a lot of activities but when school starts, I might not be able to do that. I would like to continue to come, and it would encourage me if I could do six months and then be able to come back again after six months.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I needed to get out some more and broaden my horizon. And it's nice to meet people you know are single. I joined Events and Adventures, and I was a little nervous before getting to my first event. It was a very small event and only two other women were there, but they were both very nice and set me at my ease. I try to average one event or trip a week, and I've been a member for about six months. It doesn't always work out, but still, I like the activities where I do something. I like the horseback riding, which I've been to a couple of times. And I like the escape room as well.

I went on a trip where we organized our own travel. It was a ferry and I stayed in a very nice hotel. I was fairly new to the organization and my mother's been having some health issues at that point in time. So I wasn't in the best frame of mind to go but everybody was very nice. I became friends with some people I've met at the event. And while I haven't done anything outside the events with anybody yet, I'm really looking more for people to go out and do activities with, and that's what I found. My favorite things with Events and Adventures are mostly the going out and doing things because while I have friends of my own, they're married and they have children and dogs. So, they don't always have time to go out and do something. They want to go to an escape room, but it's impossible to organize. So it's nice to have people to hang out with and do these things.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I moved to a new city on my own, and so I was just trying to make friends and figure out what things I could do in the city. My aunt brought Events & Adventures to my mother's attention, and then she suggested it to me. Before I arrived at the first event I went to, I was nervous. But, I got a phone call from the host letting me know, "Hey, I know this is your first event. How can we help", which was nice. I joined mid-January, and I've done between three and six per month that really interest me and that are within a reasonable distance because during the week I can't really make an hour drive somewhere and be all the way back and have the two-hour event. It is like a four-hour affair and I get off from work at 6:30. Nevertheless, my two favorites would be Snowshoe and Fondue. I've never been snowshoeing before that one, so that was a lot of fun.

Nevertheless, some more physical things like when I went biking with the people that I've met through the group on our own, but not through an actual event, was fun. I wish there are more things like that because there are lots of low-impact stuff and bar drinking, but I'm not a drinker. It was great going to a bar and listening to music, but it was super programmed and you were just standing around, and you did not really know who was part of the club and who was not. It was just difficult. I felt as though if I was not part of the club. Nevertheless, I went to one other and it was fine.

It has been difficult to meet females through the program though. I'm not the most social person. I'm kind of an introvert. But, I have really enjoyed the club and I'm taking full advantage of what they have to offer, so it is cool. There was this one guy in one event, and I have seen him in other events before. He was telling us about some people that he knew in the club and this and that, and I just got the sense from that event and from seeing him at the subsequent events that there is a click almost. But, I feel as though people that have been in the group for quite some time prior to this huge influx of people because I understand that like over the last maybe six to eight months like a lot more people have joined. It was not a big deal because it's not a huge portion of the population and those were just on one or two events, but it was just kind of weird because we are all part of the same club and we should all be hanging out.

Also, I brought my single brother to an event two weeks ago. He came by and visited me from Chicago. It was the bubble soccer event, which was really good. It was a ton of fun. But, like halfway through, for whatever reason, two guys just started targeting with the bubbles. He ended up hitting my brother twice and my brother was like, "I'm done". The second that you are not playing the ball and you are blind sighting someone, even if it is only a bubble, that is still dangerous. We responded the first forty-five minutes, and then we just left. A week ago, my brother's back still hurts. That would be the only downside so far. Some people get carried away and there is no check like the host doesn’t actually call all them out of it.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I heard about Events and Adventures ten years ago but I’ve been attending events for only two months. When I got to my first event, I felt out of place but that was anticipated. So far, I like it, it’s fun and my favorite is the brewery event.

Original review: June 5, 2018

The fact that Events and Adventures was a singles club that went out and did things interested me and I've been to six events. Going to my first event, I felt anxious because it was something new. But my host made it really easy and the anxiousness completely went away. And I've done softball, a happy hour live music, and a pool party. My favorite, so far, is the trapeze class I did last week which was fun. I found new friends that I hang out with but as far as the guy potential, I’m a little disappointed in that. Many guys come but not many that would be my type. I feel like there’s a lot of socially awkward people. They’re really nice and it’s good as far as hanging out and doing the event, but no romantic feelings. The idea of the event seem pretty fun but, personally, some more clientele of guys might be better.

Also, I wish that they include the address and all the information when they send a reminder email so you don’t have to log back into your account to look it up. The way the calendar is set up, at least on my phone, is not very user-friendly. You have to scroll from the very beginning or whatever the current date is as opposed to seeing a calendar a month at a glance. I wish that you could just see a calendar and be able to click on the date. It would be easier to see everything at once and be able to click on a clickable link. But they do a really good job of preparing you who your host or your hostess is with their number and their picture.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I did the Coquitlam Crunch for my first event with Events and Adventures, and it was awkward. It was like having a circle and everyone introduced themselves. But I got over it real quick. So far, I've done an escape room and games night which is one of my most liked. I also like the pet events and I'm going to Burns Bog next.

Original review: June 2, 2018

In the month and a half that I’ve been with Events and Adventures, it wasn’t bad. I typically attend one or two events a week and I did more of the camping, distillery tours and the pub crawl. But my favorite is the sand volleyball.

Original review: June 1, 2018

Events & Adventures has a lot of activities with almost one every day. I was a little nervous before arriving to my first event but it was a game night so everybody was hanging out. I joined in February and I’ve tried to do one activity a week since March. So far my favorite is a tie between bingo and the drive-in movie. I usually work on the weekends so I can’t go on any of the overnight trips but there are events like the roller skating and the Wide World of Food which we do every month. It's been lots of fun and great activities. Plus, I’ve made a lot of friends. And I always recommend Events & Adventures to my friends.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I left a really decent relationship. Then, I moved back home and my mom told me they hear about Events and Adventures on the radio all the time. She said I should try it out and go meet new people and that was what brought me into the club. I started in February and I was nervous and excited for my first event but it was a lot of fun. I’ve been to 12 events so far and I've made new friends. I've done a picnic, paddleboarding, shuffleboarding, and I went to a movie one time with them and my favorite would be the Cinco de Mayo bar crawl.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I went hiking on my first event with Events & Adventures. I've been going to one event a week ever since I started. I would go out and do things like camping, hiking or water rafting. The camping was pretty tight and I like that. Tonight, I'm gonna go do the volleyball thing and on Friday, the escape room. So far, I have made a bunch of new friends. I've been telling everybody at work about Events & Adventures. I show them pictures and tell them all the fun stuff I do and the people I meet. And they're all interested and everybody wants to go now.

Original review: May 27, 2018

The Events & Adventures club is not just an online type of thing and that got me interested. I was fairly optimistic before arriving at my first event and when I got there, I had a lot of fun. So far, I've attended 14 events and trips. I've really enjoyed the restaurant or food-based events, as well as the games or learning type ones. There are a couple of upcoming events this weekend and I've got a lot going on. There's bowling on Friday, a Budweiser brew tour on Saturday, and batting cages next Wednesday. I've made a couple of new friends in the events that I attended. It has been really nice having this group of people that I've gotten a general feel for and that I get along with. It has been nice being able to look at the list of events and thinking that these are the things that I want to try and make it to. If people are tired of the apps or internet dating games, they should definitely give Events & Adventures a shot. In fact, I'd already gotten a friend to sign up.

Original review: May 26, 2018

Events and Adventures is about doing things and not about dating. I was definitely nervous and excited before I arrived at my first event. It took me a little while to relax, but I got there, then I had a very good time. I’ve done two events so far and I'll have another one on Sunday. I liked the event when we went hiking. The other event that I attended was their one-year anniversary. I've made new friends in these events.

Original review: May 25, 2018

Events & Adventures was an opportunity to socialize without really speaking much about it. My first event with them was a museum visit and I was a little bit curious as to what would happen. It went okay. I've been to two events so far, one was a visit to the Vancouver Art Gallery and the other one was a visit to Science World which I liked more because that was more interactive than the museum visit. In the events, I encountered somebody and we found out there that we work for the same company.

Right now, Events & Adventures is pretty cool. I keep on looking at trips but I need to make sure that the trip aligns with my schedule. There's one coming up for Cuba and I'd like to go there but I need to plan because that’s in early January and there are some stuff happening early January here. And tonight there's an event at the Chinese night market.

Events and Adventures expert review by Mark Brooks

Events & Adventures offers a unique take on the traditional concept of matchmaking. By adding in the element of adventure, this dating company works to take the nerves out of any first date.

• Group meetings: Events & Adventures makes a first date experience more like a social club. Everyone involved meets up for a fun activity and gets to know each other under easygoing circumstances.

• Vetting process: Meeting someone for the first time is filled with uncertainty. With Events & Adventures, participants know that the person they meet is who they say they are. A complete vetting prior to any adventure helps ensure a safe and fun time.

• Dating for introverts: In most dating situations, the extroverts get all the attention, but this unique dating service works just as well for the introverts out there. It allows a group of people to meet and interact naturally, removing the stress of the dating atmosphere.

• Activity variety: Put the dinner and a movie model out of your mind when you sign up with Events & Adventures. They offer 30-50 great event choices each month.

• International adventures: Where most dating services feel they've done their job after the first date, Events & Adventures works to keep the fun going all around the world. Participants can enjoy local activities and international travel, all with a group of like-minded adults.

• Best for: People seeking long-term relationships, people seeking fun activities and those looking to meet new friends.

Profile picture of Mark Brooks
Mark Brooks

Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

Events and Adventures Company Information