Call toll free
4.13/5

Events and Adventures

Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Minneapolis, Phoenix, San Francisco, Santa Clara, and Vancouver BC

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Events and Adventures is more than just a social club -- it’s a way to experience new adventures while making new friends. We are located in Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Minneapolis, Phoenix, San Francisco, Santa Clara, Seattle and Vancouver, BC.

Events & Adventures is a safe, invitation-only network of people with a common thread: to get out and meet new people. With 30-50 local events each month, you’ll easily be able to find events you’re interested in meet people with common interests. Whether it's horseback riding, skydiving, wine tasting or just a casual hangout! Visit us online to learn more about how you can get the ball rolling.

Events and Adventures Gallery (10)
A-BBB Rating
View More View More

1131 Events and Adventures Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Events and Adventures fits what I’m looking for. It’s fun to do. There are a variety of activities that I would probably not do if I wasn’t part of Events and Adventures. It brings me out of my usual environment and gets me to try things that I always wanted to do. But finding the people to go and do it with is usually the difficulty because your usual group of friends do the usual things that they do.

I really liked that with Events and Adventures, we would be doing activities with singles. I went on a hike, paragliding, the climbing in trees, and game night. They were all fun in their own different ways. I really enjoyed climbing in trees. That was challenging and rewarding. Playing games during the game night was fun. The hiking was also challenging. We had a rainy day, so we didn’t have the views, but it was a good group of people, and it was fun. I have four activities this month. I'll do The scavenger, The Room, and then Bard on the Beach, which is a play. Also, I’m gonna sign up for horseback riding. I’ve made friends at Events and Adventures. We’re meeting, and there’s a couple that I got along with very nicely.

Events and Adventures response

Helene I thoroughly enjoyed reading your feedback! I appreciate that you are a member and have had such a great experience! Let us know if you need anything!

Get expert buying tips about Matchmaking Services delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

My husband died four months ago. I was just gonna get out and about so I joined Events and Adventures. I knew it was nationwide but I was misinformed from the beginning. I didn’t know that for trips, only 30 people could go and I didn't realize you had to sign up right away. Nobody ever told me that. And by the time I even got to one, it was all booked up. The rep said there was all age groups but there was nobody in my age group. I’m 65 and there may be older people, but they may be from different states. I don’t think there’s any here in Dallas. So, Events and Adventures is not for me. Also, I went to two events and I was not impressed. I feel I have wasted my $200. I was very dissatisfied with my experience and I don’t think I’ll be going back.

Events and Adventures response

Yvonne we are so sorry to hear your experience has not been pleasant! I will have someone reach out to you as soon as possible! You can also contact us directly at dallasevents@eventsandadventures.com

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I’ve gone to two dinners and a couple of happy hours with Events and Adventures. There were some things I signed up for like paddleboard, yoga, country western dancing, and swing dancing that I’ve missed because something has come up. I had to cancel two that I paid for and didn’t cancel in time, so I lost my money because I had to leave town in a hurry. I really haven’t attended as much as I should for the money I spent. But so far, the events have been okay.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I've gone to 10 different Events & Adventures events like pool parties and volleyball. I also went kayaking, which is my favorite. I was initially interested about the club being about the singles. Now, I've made a couple of new associates from going to the events. I got good friends and I would recommend Events & Adventures to my older friends.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I was interested in the activities that Events & Adventures offer. I was both nervous and excited at my first activity but I wasn't too nervous anymore after I arrived. I've attended two activities so far, but I've been watching all the Facebook posts and pictures. The activities are great but it wasn't what it was advertised as. They make it sound like there are a lot of younger people and that it's a great place to meet people, but I'm finding that it's very variable. There are not very many attractive people and the people are not what I was looking for. I wanted to call someone and see if I could cancel. Events & Adventures' concept is great, but the people are a lot older and not really somewhere I would go to meet to date.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Events and Adventures?

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I've been hearing about Events & Adventures on the radio for five years and what interested me most about them is that instead of going out to a bar, it's adventure type stuff. I've been trying to get my brother to sign up for a couple of years now and when I went through a divorce back in March, I signed up. I've gone to four events and I have liked my experience so far. I've made friends. I was a little nervous for my first event, but everybody was really welcoming and I just hopped right in a group. It was cool. My favorite event was the country dancing in the Cowboys Red River. Now, I'm signed up on the 6th to go to the Escape The Room Dallas, and Cowboys Red River, Boot Scootin' Cowboy Dancing on the 7th. I wanted to do laser tag, but I didn't have money for it. Then, I got a Challenge Course and Zipline on the 15th, and then Monday Movies on the 17th, and then Free Comedy Night on the 27th. Sign up with Events & Adventures.

Events and Adventures response

Jeremy it sounds like you are living your best life! We look forward to seeing you soon and hope you are still having an amazing time!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I was a little nervous but excited when I went to my first event with Events & Adventures. The nervousness changed after I got acclimated and it was great. I got interested in them because of their activities and now I've been going to about three or four of them a month. And this coming Sunday, it's Cowboys Watch Party that I'm going to. I've been going to the hikes as well and I like them. Poker night was fun. I also went to a comedy club once, and dinners that they have had. Though the craft ones are my favorite, the ones where we're painting. I've also met some new friends through the events. Events & Adventures is definitely great if one wants to be more outgoing. If not sure what to do, it's good for finding events. I'm not sure I'd recommend the trips though.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

Being single, I wanted more friends and I was looking to hang out with people. My first event with Events and Adventures was a restaurant down in Fort Worth. It was fine getting out there and finding the group. I attended a lot of events or trips at the beginning, probably a couple a week. Now, I only go out on Fridays and Saturdays as I got a new job. I like to go out and dance. We went to an ‘80s club last Friday and on Friday, it’s dancing again out in Dallas. I’ve also done some swing dancing with them and I’ve gone out to dinner. I tell people about Events and Adventures. It’s a great way to go out, meet other people and do things that you like with other people. The people I've met are not stuck-up as well and everybody is very friendly and welcoming.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Events and Adventures had events every day and my friends told me about it. Also, I’m newly single and that attracted me to the group. I was excited on my first event and it was a good experience. So far, I've attended six events and there are several people that I've become familiar with. My favorite was when they had a casino night and when we went to the horse races. Other than that, I've gone to a swimming party as well and a Rangers baseball game.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I was interested with the social activities of Events & Adventures and I have attended less than 10 events or trips so far. My favorite is any time there's an opportunity to mingle -- standing up, holding a drink, and talking to different people. I was with the volleyball activity and it was fine, although sometimes, I talked to people when they were playing volleyball. A lot of the events are set up where we are doing something. I'm gonna do open mic night and I probably won't talk to anybody there. It depends on how crowded it is, how many people are performing or if there is an opportunity to have a conversation. A lot of the times, like during skating, I haven't had a conversation with anyone.

I've done skating, poker, and volleyball around three times out of town for a couple of weeks. I also did Lei Low, which is a rum bar, and I liked that because it was standing around and talking to people. Then, I went to another bar function and everybody was seated at a table. I know how to give a good party and the way a party works is you never have any chairs, you stand up, have your cocktail or whatever you're drinking, and walk around and talk to different people. Not enough of the events offer that. I've mentioned it to one of the hosts and at the volleyball event the last time I was there.

Nonetheless, everybody's friendly and I'm not very dissatisfied. One thing I didn't do when I signed up was to ask what the percentage was of members that are in my age bracket because most of the people are younger than me, which I expected. I don't want to date a 35-year-old and I'm not 35 or even close to it. The average age is around 35 to get through and I've seen a few people that are closer to my age, but not many.

I would recommend Events & Adventures to people that are younger than me, not my age group. I'm 62 and a lot of people aren't athletic at 62. They wouldn't skate, play volleyball and do half the things that I'm doing, but because I'm athletic and I'm still young at heart, I like it all and the athletic stuff. However, I would not recommend the club to my girlfriends that are all around my age. I'm not even telling them they should go to an event. There isn't anybody they're gonna meet. It's not a 5-star club for someone my age, even for 55 to 60-year-olds, except there is one host that falls in that range and he loves it.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I heard about Events and Adventures from friends and I was interested in getting to meet new people. I attended a happy hour and a kayak trip. Between the two, I had a good time with the kayak trip. So far, I’ve met some people and made some friends as well. I’m also gonna go to the volleyball thing next week, and one of the mixers too. I would recommend Events and Adventures. It’s something fun to do.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

I'm getting close to being an empty nester. I was looking for a way to get out, socialize and meet people. I saw Events & Adventures on the internet and I've been with them for a year and a half now. I wasn't sure what to expect when I went to my first event but I felt confident. And it turned out to be fine. There was a variety of people. The person that used to be the coordinator was really rude to me and I'm really glad she's gone. I've gone to 30 events and I've made friends. I really liked Rough Creek Lodge even though it was on the pricey side. Some events, you meet at a restaurant, a happy-hour-ish thing and some events are activities, though you don't have to do it. I went to golf but I really didn't go for the sport. I just went for the socializing, which was fine. Then there was a sushi night. I've also been on a couple of campouts, and those were a lot of fun. There's a San Marcos trip at the end of the month that I might try to go on. We're tubing.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I was interested in the events where I could travel as a single person and I didn’t want to be with the 20 something year olds, which are a lot in Events & Adventures. They have a few of the things I do, but they don’t have a lot for the 40 something age group and the few events I went on were very cliquey. People were coupled up and grouped up and it was not a welcoming feeling, so I quit going. I cancelled the last trip I was going to because I didn’t want to be out of state and the members got their group. I was also by myself when I went to a comedy club, and it was very awkward.

Events and Adventures response

Jennie- I am so sorry to hear about your experience. Please let me know what we can do to resolve this-I can always get you with our Event Manager directly to see what we can do! We are passionate about our members feeling comfortable in the group.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I liked that Events and Adventures is a social club to get out and do things. When I originally joined them, someone signed me up for one year. However, when some of the girls that I met and became friends with joined, they were offered 18 months for the same amount of money. It was a substantial amount. They joined at the same time as me because we went to our first event at the same time. I contacted someone within the 30-day use, but there wasn’t a good follow-up, which was a little disappointing.

I was a little nervous about my first event because I wasn’t gonna know anyone. However, everyone was really nice and friendly. Moreover, everyone was in the same situation, so it wasn’t that bad. Events and Adventures' event planner has been amazing. I do eight to 10 events a month. I've gone on a couple camping trips, which were a lot of fun. And I’m going on a trip in November. I enjoy the things where we’re active like dodgeball and trampoline. I felt like a kid again. I've also always liked happy hours, dinners, and wine tastings. I’ve also done drumming classes, game nights, pick-a-ball, tennis and a Pedal Pub, which is a bicycle bar. I’ve made a lot of new friends and done things outside of Events and Adventures with them.

Events and Adventures helps someone do things that they wouldn’t otherwise do. It is also a great way for someone who’s getting back out there and don’t wanna do the online thing or has done it and has been traumatized by it. There are definitely people who date within the club, but the diversity of men isn’t huge, which is a little limiting. Otherwise, it’s nice. Overall, there are definitely more women in the club than there are men. However, there were more men during the last camping trip. I had a diverse and entertaining experience with Events and Adventures.

Events and Adventures response

We are so thankful you had such a great experience with our services! We thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Here's to many more events!

Please contact me directly in regards to the length of your contract so I can look into this for you! danielle@eventsandadventures.com

Danielle McCrary-Corporate Manager

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I met someone from Events and Adventures and we had a good conversation. She told me that it's not about dating and just about getting out of the house. I am a single mom and I'm pretty much in the house. I felt nervous going to their event and I kept meaning to go then I always say I'll go next time. I only went to one event and I had a great time. However, I don’t feel continuing with it. Finding dates and everything was just too hard. But I would love to go to a game night.

Events and Adventures response

Shauna- I would love to look further into your account to see how we can assist you in participating! Please contact me-danielle@eventsandadventures.com

Danielle McCrary Corporate Manager

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I was interested in the opportunity to meet more people with Events and Adventures. When I first signed up, I went to a lot of their trips and events. But I have been busy this August and I’m just trying to make some this coming month. Mainly, I've participated in volleyball activities but so far, my favorite has been the Fourth of July Party Barge. It was on a Wednesday so we knew I was at work the day before and I had to be at work the next day, which was a nice simple thing to go to. That was a lot of fun. Events and Adventures is a simple, easy way to get to know people.

Events and Adventures response

Joseph its great to hear you are having a blast! Let us know if you need anything at all!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I was interested in the adventure part of Events and Adventures. However, there are more events than actual adventures. I haven't found many adventures in the calendar. I was gonna sign up for the one thing I found which was the skydiving, which was cool. But it doesn’t come that often and I haven't seen it. The event held 20 people and if they have 5,000 members, 20 isn't gonna make it. If that’s the capacity they have, the event should be a bit more often.

I have a really hard time talking to strangers and if I’m not dragged into getting into a conversation, I probably wouldn’t talk to anybody. That’s part of my personality. At the first event, I sat at a table and thought the people at the other table were part of the group. I didn’t ask and nobody asked me. It would help if there’s a sign on the table for people like me. As long as they have a sign that says “This is E&A”, at least I know that I’m on the right table. It was Bingo Night and I enjoy bingo. There’s an activity, you have a person sitting by you, you get to know that person and you make it easier just to talk to the two or three you have around you. That didn’t happen though. We all arrived, but the bingo was suspended by the bar.

There was an event where the coordinator was really going out to everybody, introducing people, talking a little bit to each one or starting a conversation. That made it a lot easier for me. The wine tasting was my favorite event, but it was not the event itself or the wine. The wine was not that great. However, the lady set the mood. She was right by me and was also very nice. That made it easy to start a conversation.

I haven't been to a few events and I'm guessing there hasn't been a follow-up on people, which is why there are so many that come and go. I have seen some repeat people in the events, but not that much. I also heard comments that a lot of people don’t stay very long. There is a reason why they see so much people go back and forth because they’re not interested or motivated. Also, E&A should give events more structure to make it easy for people to join and not feel so awkward. Although I'd change a few things, my experience with Events and Adventures has been good.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I've tried different date sites but Events and Adventures seemed more fun and interesting. When I attended my first event, I was a little nervous about trying something new. But the people were very friendly and they included me in things so I felt good after that. At this point, I've participated in several events and I've made some new friends. My favorite events were the board games and the hiking. I did the games night at Ludica and also at Elephant & Castle. The two hikes I participated in were the Lynn Valley Park hike and the Quarry Rock in North Van. I also really enjoyed volunteering for the food bank. I really liked that experience because it was great to give back to the community and have a group to do that with.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I've always heard about Events & Adventures on the radio and their activities interested me. I liked what my first event was and I was excited about it. It was the glass fusion. Also, I signed up for a zip-lining event at the latter end of the month. I'm on the bashful side and although it's not as easy for me, I've been able to meet new friends a bit. Everybody was nice. I would recommend Events & Adventures.

Events and Adventures response

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review Venita! We are working hard to provide fun and different events all the time for our members. We are so glad you have been part of the group-we know it can be hard at first when trying new things!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I was a member of Events and Adventures in Seattle 20 years ago, then I moved to Scottsdale from Sedona in March. I don’t like online dating and that was the motivational factor for rejoining the club. I’m new to the really active outdoor environment, so I went in to do more outdoor activities. The problem with online dating is I get very nervous. It was getting to the date that created the anxiety. On the first 10 events, I was nervous getting there, but once I arrived at Events and Adventures, I wasn't nervous anymore. I sign up for about three events a week and my favorite so far has been the musical instrument event at The Musical Instrument Museum. We also had a dance class while we were there and we had a concert. When I’m in the group, I’m not shy at all. I’m an exercise instructor by trade, so I’m used to being in front of groups and I’m friendly, but I haven’t been ready yet to sign up for events away from home.

Last weekend, one of the guys at Events and Adventures invited me to go with him to attend the Lake Havasu event. It was tent camping and we had two separate tents. We were friends and we went there to date. It was big for me and I had a great time at Lake Havasu. It was warm and we were in the water all day. The group was fun. At first, you feel shy and everyone goes through it. I never thought a guy would be nervous, but some of the guys also said that they were nervous about getting to the event. I used to think there were so many more women than guys, which made it a little uncomfortable for the women, but the events that are more extreme, or the social events, have been an interesting reality. I’m making all kinds of friends. I moved here in March and I have 10 girlfriends’ phone numbers that are texting me. They are the only friends I have here, but I’m having the time of my life. I would tell others to come to Events.

With all four months of coming three times a week, I’ve only seen the same people two or three times, so they don’t come as often as they need to get past feeling shy. However, the hosts are not paid employees by Events and Adventures, they are members, so, sometimes, I question their ability to handle a crisis. For example, during the rowing class last night, a girl next to me got pinned back and she got so scared. She didn’t put her oar back in the water again. I got pinned too, but I’m really strong. No one had life jackets and the instruction was poor. Even though it’s not Events and Adventures' fault that those types of things occur, it could still be avoided.

Events and Adventures response

Anna this is amazing to hear. It is always nerve racking to join a new group or start something new. It seems like it has been more than worth it so far! We are so thankful for members like you!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I've gone to about six events with Events & Adventures now. I didn't know what to expect on my first event, so I came with an open mind and the people were friendly and nice. We met at a karaoke a couple of times, we gathered mostly at the bars, had a couple of beers and simply hung out. Also, I love the volleyball events. I also like that there's not too much pressure. I simply go there, play volleyball, meet and hang out with people. I am happy that I met somebody that's interesting. The point of going to events with Events & Adventures is not like any other dating apps where you're there to look for a date. This one, you simply go and have fun. Meanwhile, you find somebody who's interesting and with common interests. Simply talk to them. I like Events & Adventures and I've recommended a friend to them.

Events and Adventures response

We are so glad to hear you are enjoying your time with us! We hope we can continue to provide you with excellent events that you will love. Please let us know if you need anything at all! It is truly exciting to hear from someone who understands our group so well.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

The advertisement of Events and Adventures on the radio talked about being single and living a life that you wanna do and going on adventures and having fun, so I signed up with them. I tend to be shy in a big crowd and I wasn't sure what was gonna happen during my first event, but the hosts were really good. They knew I was a new person and would go around and introduce me to people.

I try and do at least three to five events each month. The only trip I've done so far was the Memorial weekend. It was camping and E&A took care of the campsite and provided the food. Everything was already taken care of and I didn’t have to do anything. I also liked the wine tasting event and we did walking wolf a couple of weeks ago and bubble soccer. I like doing different things that I don’t normally do, so any time it's something new and exciting, I definitely try and do it.

My favorite event so far has been the skydiving. That has always been a bucket list and I've been able to do it. It was great. Also, I will be doing the Cabo in a couple of weeks and Thailand in February. I've been with E&A for eight months and I definitely made a lot of friends. However, the host has turned around. It's a different host than when I was first here. When I first joined, a host would recognize that I'm new and would personally come out, but I'm noticing now that it doesn’t really seem that way. In a couple of events, I've seen new people stay in the corner and I'll go over and start talking to them. The membership fee also turns people away, especially the fact that we still have to pay for a lot of the events.

Events and Adventures response

Tanya thank you for your constructive feedback-we will definitely relay this information! Let us know if there is anything we can do for you!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I am single and the need to see other people got me interested about Events & Adventures. I was both excited and nervous at first but that changed when I got to my first event. I'm not super young, so I have nerves of steel now. I was fine, apt to meet people and experience new things, so I was comfortable. I've joined around 15 activities since and the most recent one is my favorite. We went on a camping trip and we floated down a stream down in Penticton. It was fun. Other than that, I've done some dancing and different bar things, music, archery. I did some activities that I wouldn't be able to do on my own and I've made some friends too. I would recommend Events and Adventures. I have tried other things like a variety of online things but person-to-person is the nicest, most fruitful way to meet people. You have to get yourself out there and this is the best method.

Events and Adventures response

Angel it sounds like you completely understand and are enjoying our group! We love hearing feedback from members like you. We look forward to seeing you soon and hope you are still having an amazing time!

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

Events & Adventures seems like a good way to meet people such as a potential romantic interest without having to go through online dating. I tried Tinder and other apps for a while and in order for me to get to a point where I meet someone, it took an ungodly amount of time and effort. I just wanted facetime with people and I didn’t wanna mess around with chatting which made me interested about Events & Adventures.

I was excited going to my first event since it was a new thing. I was a bit optimistic but also a little worried because I didn’t know how the clientele was gonna be like or if other people might be interested. I’ve gone on a bar or club type of outing, which is what I like to do. They were mainly kickbacks and we had some drinks. One of the first events that I went to was an outing at a Club in Seattle. They rented the VIP room and it was pretty great. I saw Kevin Hart there. It was really random and a lot of crazy stuff happened that night. It was pretty fun. I met a couple of other people through Events and Adventures that I like to chat with. There was also a girl that I was talking to and we went on a date. However, it seems like our schedules are really off.

Events and Adventures has a very strict cancellation policy which I don’t even know if legal. If I sign a contract and leave the next day, in order to get any amount of my money back, I would have to do it within three days and there is a $400 cancellation fee. I can’t cancel over the phone or even via email. It has to be a typewritten letter sent to their headquarters. Still, my experience with Events & Adventures was pretty good and I’m satisfied.

Events and Adventures response

John please contact me directly for any clarification on your membership agreement-we do have a legal agreement I can assure you of that. Hopefully I can help you resolve these concerns! It sounds like you are a great fit for our club so hopefully we can assist you!

danielle@eventsanadventures.com Danielle McCrary Corporate Manager

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I was interested with Events and Adventures as I could do things without having to organize it myself. During my first event, everyone was friendly and the event was laid back, casual and welcoming. It was not confrontational in any way and it was actually fun. I've been to three events so far and the cooking class was my favorite. I’m also going camping this weekend. I’ve already recommended Events and Adventures to several people.

Events and Adventures response

Leann we are so glad to hear you are enjoying your time with us! We hope we can continue to provide you with excellent events that you will love. Please let us know if you need anything at all! We hope you enjoyed camping!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I liked the different activities that Events & Adventures offered. So, I joined and before going to my first event, I was nervous because I didn’t know anybody. But everyone was really nice, friendly, and welcoming. You get the feeling like you’re not alone, everybody is there to just have fun and meet new people, and that you can enjoy yourself. So, it wasn’t hard after I got there. So far, I’ve done one big trip to the Grand Canyon, which is my favorite, and about five local events.

The Grand Canyon trip was so awesome and I would do that again in a heartbeat. It was a very fast trip. We all met in Las Vegas and we had roommates. There were 27 people from Events & Adventures from seven different states. Our trip guide, Jocelyn, who was out of Denver, was also super. We went out to dinner together as a big group, so we got to know each other a little bit. Then the next morning, we got on a bus to go to a smaller airport to divide and get on smaller planes out to a ranch. We spent the day at the ranch and spent the night in covered wagons with our roommates. The next morning, we got on helicopters to go down onto the river in the canyon then we got on our big raft and we rafted down the canyon for two days. We had two campouts on the river side of the canyon and we saw different things. And we hiked up to a waterfall one day.

On the day that we left, we boated to a bus, got on the bus, then got to the airport. I had one of the first flights, so I didn’t have time to do anything. And my friend that picked me up from the airport told me she thought I looked like a homeless person because I hadn’t showered. We had to bathe in the cold river while we were there, which was brown, and I chose not to do that. So I was filthy and grungy when I got home. But it was so much fun and I couldn’t care what I was like coming home. We had the best time and that’s my kind of adventure right there.

Other than that, I have been to a concert down at Miller Theatre in Houston. I’ve been on a hike, a trivia bar game, and a movie as well. But I don’t tend to do the weekly stuff because I live about an hour away from where the middle of the week activities are down in Houston where the traffic is crazy. I always meet really cool girls at the events but we haven’t continued a friendship outside of the events.

Also, I don’t feel like it is a place for me to meet a significant other or I haven’t had that feeling yet. On the rafting trip, there were 21 girls and 6 guys. And Jocelyn said that was because women sign up early while men wait for the last minute. So a lot of activities are a lot like that. But I’m not really in it to meet a significant other. I'm in it to have fun and meet new people. And I have a very busy social neighborhood, so it is not like I’m looking for things to fill my evenings with during the week. I travel a lot on the weekends, too. I’m looking at another big trip with Events & Adventures, though, because the previous one was so awesome.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I like to meet people through activities. I’m not somebody who is shy but I have not gotten involved in an organization and meeting new people. I signed up with Events and Adventures eight months ago and there were some other events on the calendar that I was interested in but it was always sold out so I would never get in. I live in Marin County so ideally, I need to go to Marin San Francisco event, but there was almost no event in San Francisco or North Bay. I felt I was misled when I signed up because I was shown the calendar, but I didn’t get into detail of what was in South Bay versus East Bay versus San Francisco. After I signed up, there were two months where I couldn’t even get in on anything because the events were either sold out or there was nothing in San Francisco. So I asked for an extension of two months and it was granted.

The outdoor events are more common in South Bay. I was not too happy with that and I almost never signed up because I rarely find something in the area I’m interested in. I attended very few events. I went to hikes and it was really nice, but the age range was not fitting mine. I was told that there were plenty from 40 to 55 years old and that was the case for any of the events I’ve been at. I’m over 50 but the people are usually younger and I need to be in my age range. The best event I’ve been at was organized on Angel Island with electric bikes and I’ve never done an electric bike ride. It was a day event and that was really excellent.

For what Events and Adventures offers, their membership is very expensive and it was not a good deal. I can’t even sign up for things and reach on my investment because I don’t have enough events. It also sounds like they don't have enough events coordinator to organize events. The online participation is once every two months and I’d like to do more but there’s a mismatch on the type of events I can have.

Events and Adventures response

We thank you for taking the time to leave us a constructive review.

Please allow us to get you in contact with our Event Managers whom are over California-I am sure they can assist you! We are sorry to hear the concerns but would love to try to remedy this for you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I’m Mexican and I wanted to meet local people who are over this area just to talk, hang out and party sometimes. I signed my paperwork for the Events and Adventures at the office, and then the same day, I met a guy from the country club. We also went to a country disco with cowboys, and it was a lesson. And the other event was the ice breaker which was in a hotel gym. However, I think I made a mistake to join the club. I feel fine because I was in the mood to meet people there. But I don’t feel like the old participants are warm to receive new people. Sometimes, they don’t say anything to engage people there. I was introducing myself to a couple of people there because I’m more extroverted but people are closed. They have their own friends and groups, and it is hard to start from there.

Even at the icebreaker, we just had to walk around to see who want to talk with us. Most of the people don’t have social skills, and it is hard to start a conversation there. Maybe they also don’t want somebody speaking with my accent, or maybe they don’t like me. And it’s okay. It’s about options but for me, it’s missing more information about new elements. But probably, I need to try another activity with Events and Adventures.

Events and Adventures response

Claudia-We are so sorry to hear your experience has not been pleasant-I am going to have an Event Manager reach out to you to resolve this!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I was kind of nervous before arriving to my first event with Events and Adventures, just hanging out with a bunch of new people, not knowing anyone at all. Then, I found about everyone’s pretty friendly and you just pretty much talk to whoever you want. I've been using Events and Adventures for nine months and I usually go to events several times a week. The one I go to consistently is the book club. We had a day at the beach that I liked a lot and we had a game night over at a bar. I made some new friends and there are several women that I’m talking to and going out with outside the club.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I was listening to music at Pandora and an Events & Adventures advertisement came on and I thought about trying it one day. I was interested in meeting new people, getting out and doing things that I don't normally do, which is like getting out of the box and starting over. I was a little nervous at first, but once I arrived and met a few of the people there, I immediately felt comfortable. One of the events that I enjoyed was an escape night. Another event was a skydiving trip and it was my favorite. Because of work and availability, I usually do events that are on weekends or if I'm off one day during the week, I'll try to get with the group and go out with them. On some occasions, I've met up with people outside of the group and go out and do stuff from there. There is something at Events & Adventures for everybody and I recommend people try it out.

Events and Adventures expert review by Mark Brooks

Events & Adventures offers a unique take on the traditional concept of matchmaking. By adding in the element of adventure, this dating company works to take the nerves out of any first date.

• Group meetings: Events & Adventures makes a first date experience more like a social club. Everyone involved meets up for a fun activity and gets to know each other under easygoing circumstances.

• Vetting process: Meeting someone for the first time is filled with uncertainty. With Events & Adventures, participants know that the person they meet is who they say they are. A complete vetting prior to any adventure helps ensure a safe and fun time.

• Dating for introverts: In most dating situations, the extroverts get all the attention, but this unique dating service works just as well for the introverts out there. It allows a group of people to meet and interact naturally, removing the stress of the dating atmosphere.

• Activity variety: Put the dinner and a movie model out of your mind when you sign up with Events & Adventures. They offer 30-50 great event choices each month.

• International adventures: Where most dating services feel they've done their job after the first date, Events & Adventures works to keep the fun going all around the world. Participants can enjoy local activities and international travel, all with a group of like-minded adults.

• Best for: People seeking long-term relationships, people seeking fun activities and those looking to meet new friends.

Profile picture of Mark Brooks
Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

Events and Adventures Company Information