Accredited Partner

It's Just Lunch!

It's Just Lunch!
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.16/5

It's Just Lunch is a personalized matchmaking service that caters to busy professionals looking for meaningful relationships in more than 110 U.S. cities as well as cities in Canada, the UK, Ireland and Australia. Matchmakers get to know members and use their dating preferences and relationship history to select matches. It's Just Lunch makes all the arrangements for comfortable and safe face-to-face dates, including the time and place. All members have to do is show up ready to meet their match. Potential pairs meet over lunch or after work for drinks.

BOTTOM LINE

It’s Just Lunch offers an alternative to online dating apps with its personalized matchmaking services. You work one-on-one with a matchmaker who finds potential matches for you and sets up the date.

PROS

• Guaranteed face-to-face dates
  • Free onboarding interview
  • Customized membership plans
  • Fully confidential

CONS

• Lengthy process
  • Can be pricey

Top It's Just Lunch! Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch?

My experience with IJL has been positive so far. I felt like my dating specialist, Susan, and matchmaker, Obed, have really taken time to get to know me and what I'm looking for in a match. I'm looking forward to continuing to work with them in the future!

Marisol is amazing. She is always cheerful and professional. She makes sure that she follows up and is in touch constantly, most importantly she listens. I also appreciate her speed and responsiveness. I really appreciate working with her, she always keeps her word.

What is It’s Just Lunch?

It’s Just Lunch is a matchmaking service that pairs people based on their interests and relationship history. The company’s matchmakers set up a meeting place, typically for lunch or after-work drinks, for the couples to meet.

If you’re interested in joining It’s Just Lunch, you can either fill out a registration form on the company’s website or call for more information. You will go through a free onboarding interview process.

In the 30-minute interview, a dating specialist explains how the service works and asks you about your interests and values and what you’re looking for in a potential date. At the end of the call, the dating specialist offers you membership packages based on the number of dates you want to go on.

How does It’s Just Lunch work?

Once you sign up with It’s Just Lunch, you’re paired with a matchmaker. Your matchmaker spends time getting to know you, your dating history, your preferences and anything else important to your dating goals. At that time, your matchmaker collects payment and begins looking for potential matches.

Your matchmaker shows you photos and information about your potential matches and shares your photo and interests with them. Names and contact information are kept private. Once there’s a mutual match, your matchmaker communicates with your match to set up a first date at a restaurant, bar or cafe.

After the date is confirmed, your matchmaker lets you know where to meet and when. After the date, your matchmaker contacts you to discuss how it went. From there, they’ll set up another date with the same person or a new date with another potential match.

How much does It’s Just Lunch cost?

The cost of It’s Just Lunch varies based on the city you live in, how many dates you’d like to go on and your contract length. It’s Just Lunch doesn’t list prices on its website — membership packages are personalized to your preferences.

Your matchmaker goes over pricing and the packages you can choose from at your onboarding interview. Previous members say the cost typically ranges between $1,000 and $4,000, but $2,000 is the average price.

It’s Just Lunch FAQ

Who owns It’s Just Lunch?
It’s Just Lunch operates as a franchise. Each city has its own staff.
How much does It’s Just Lunch cost in Canada?
The cost of It’s Just Lunch in Canada varies based on which of the six locations — Calgary, Edmonton, The Okanagan, Vancouver, Victoria and Toronto — you live in and how many dates you sign up for.
Does It’s Just Lunch have multiple plans?
Yes, It’s Just Lunch has multiple plans. Plans are customized to each member and vary by the minimum guaranteed number of dates.
Is It’s Just Lunch free?
No, It’s Just Lunch is a paid matchmaking service. A typical membership costs between $2,000 and $4,000, depending on the member’s location, the number of dates a member wants to go on and other factors.

Does It’s Just Lunch work?

Yes, It’s Just Lunch works. The company has helped people go on more than 2 million first dates, with some leading to long, happy relationships and marriages. Matchmakers do all of the work for you, so all you have to do is show up. Plus, the people you meet through It’s Just Lunch are also looking for a relationship, which isn’t always the case with dating apps and other online dating services.

It's Just Lunch! Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch!?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch?

Original review: July 22, 2020

I joined IJL because I recently turned 70 and knew it was time to get serious about finding a relationship. A friend of a friend of mine met her soulmate, whom she married, through IJL and I thought that was a great recommendation. My salesperson (Robyn) was great: very friendly and engaging and helped me through the process of getting started. Although my first matchmaker and I were not a good match, I was then connected with Alma, who is wonderful! (And, I truly appreciate that IJL is very receptive to ensuring that you and your matchmaker are a good fit!)

Alma and I have spoken on several occasions and she is really getting to know me and what I'm looking for in a relationship. She is understanding, non-judgmental, easy to talk to, and most of importantly, a very good listener! She truly hears me when I tell her what is important to me, both in what I want and in what I don't. Although we are in the midst of a pandemic, I am very excited about the virtual dating option. I'm dating in the Philadelphia market but with virtual dating I have expanded into the New York City area.

I had my first virtual date last weekend and Alma was spot on! She had eliminated several possibilities as she believed they would not be good matches for me. But the match she sent to me shows that she knows me and who I'm looking for. He and I had a lovely first conversation, connected on several levels, exchanged contact info, and are hoping to meet soon, in a safe environment, observing all social distancing protocol. So, we'll see. Thank you, IJL! Thank you, Alma!

Get buying tips about Matchmaking Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 18, 2020

I had become disenchanted with dating sites & almost felt like giving up. I joined It's Just Lunch & Debbie was assigned to me as my dating coordinator. She got me excited & said I would be easy to find someone special for me. I went on a date with Tricia last night & my hope was renewed. Debbie did a job above & beyond my expectations. The date was very much a success from my point of view. I’m not sure what Tricia thought but I would very much like to see her again & get to know her better. Debbie Rocks!!!

I was a member of IJL previously in Dallas & I was disappointed. They only set me up with one person I was compatible with or was within my physical expectations. The lady who convinced me to give it another try & said the program had changed. She was right. She said Debbie was experienced & would find women that I would be compatible with & find attractive. I was not disappointed. I have gotten revitalized & I am encouraged & have a great of fresh air & excited to be on this journey guided by Debbie. Thanks Debbie!!!!

Original review: June 9, 2020

Sometimes we all need help in one category or another. The saying, “strength in numbers,” is a fact in this case. With love being such a powerful energy source, if not the most can be a bit intimidating. It’s not a bad idea to have extra hands. Especially after recent years of adding in poor judgement in those younger years that only made a terrible recipe of doubt to follow in those current years of the very thought of companionship. Ever.

Life goes on and sometime later I had the privilege of watching one of the most beautiful forms of a loving relationship I’ve ever witnessed. When inquiring about her story she didn’t hesitate to talk about IJL! Being skeptical I remained watchful. A short time later I’m skimming through a Delta SkyMile magazine only to read an article about IJL. A sign maybe? Finally, years later, I reach out to IJL out of pure curiosity, an open mind, and here I am today. I can not shout loud enough to the rooftops of my matchmaker Alma G! It takes a special kind of person to be a matchmaker. Alma is that special person! She is the very BEST!

Sincerely Grateful,

April B

Original review: May 19, 2020

I began my IJL experience extremely disheartened because I was matched with a few matchmakers who weren't a good fit for me and didn't get what I was looking for or seem invested in me finding love, but that all changed when I was transferred to Sheri. She's like the best friend you wish you had in that she gets to know you and what you're looking for and peps you up and is also realistic with you. She's been extremely communicative and committed and has matched me twice so far, both with guys who fit my specifications and were really fun to talk to. It's been a little weird because I signed up prior to COVID and am now doing virtual dating but she has been working just as hard and I'm confident that, with her as my wingwoman, I'll find love in no time.

I gave my overall rating as a 4 because prior to getting matched with Sheri, I'd have given IJL a 2. It was rough! But she's exceptional - 10 stars out of 5 - and has made it all worthwhile. I would say, if you sign up with the company, find out who you'll be working with and see if you can have a say in who your matchmaker is because Sheri is the best and I know without her I'd still be discouraged and wouldn't be making progress. Good luck in your dating search!

Original review: March 18, 2020

“It’s Just Lunch” is a paid matching making service and I’ll be the first to tell you that I wasn’t quite sure what to expect when I signed up. I’ve never used a matching making service before, but I turned to this option after several discouraging experiences with dating apps including Hinge and Bumble. What dating apps don’t tell you is that using them has to become at least a part time job, swiping through endless profiles, hoping to find someone with similar interests, then setting up the date (I guess because I’m a guy and girls don’t feel like they should make dating suggestions), only to be judged and treated like a number or an inconvenience with an arrogant date.

Upon signing up for “It’s Just Lunch” and paying the fee, I felt like I was listened to and feedback and advice from the matchmakers was always insightful and helpful. I was assigned to Sheri, N executive matchmaker who has been very polite, relaxed, patient and helpful with me as we navigate the personal matchmaking experience together. Trust me when I tell you that paying a matchmaker service to do all “the work” of dating for you, they pick a serious match who’s looking for the exact same things, they set up the first date, AND someone like Sheri willingly offers great coaching and advice if you’re willing to be humble and listen. It’s truly a great experience and I thank Sheri personally and the “It’s Just Lunch” team for taking my concerns and interests seriously and leading me through this new experience.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

I just had a date with someone via It's Just Lunch. The experience was better than I hoped for. The restaurant was outstanding-plus I didn't have to make any arrangements, details were handled by IJL! Debbie has been so helpful with my starting to date again after 10 years.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

BUYER BEWARE!!! If you want to throw a couple grand out the window, then this service is for you! I paid the $2,300 in June plus an additional $95/month and was introduced to four women from the end of June to the end of October. Only one out of the four were within an hour of me in Green Bay. I was told (verbally by Jade) that there were plenty of candidates in my area. There were not. They did offer to not charge me the monthly fee for a while, but I turned it down, cut my losses, and decided to try the old-fashioned way. At least it is less frustrating and much less expensive. WASTE OF $$!!!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

I want to say how well Debbie has managed my account. We had a special circumstance situation with a high profile client and unusual processes, but Debbie kept everything moving smoothly..she has been responsive and has answered all my questions.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

Debbie has been great to work with through all of this, she keeps in constant contact and is a great help. The market I am in has a lot of potential matches and Debbie has been good and finding the right ones for me.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

Any 5-star reviews for these company are people who are being paid. Matchmakers my tush. If you are over 40, in particular, run screaming in the other direction. Moneymakers, salespeople, con artists, preying on vulnerable folks. One expects the Gold Standard for what they charge. Initial sales pitch all saccharine and soulful, disingenuous hardly describes it. They threw 5 so-called Matchmakers at me, only one of whom was remotely sensitive to my desires and seemed genuine. Then she disappeared, no explanation, no apology, then voila! a new Match Maker. They all even sound alike (shudder). They read from a script, weeks, months go by with no communication.

Every matchmaker asked me the same questions, as if they had no file or portfolio about me; when I asked about what my matches were seeing they blew me off. One date in 6 months (don't waste my time!): because why do I want to go out with men I clearly have nothing in common except that living in the same city and is my age?! Are you kidding me. And as others have noted, when you ask for a refund, the sweetness disappears and they get nasty. Surprise, surprise. Any ex-employees? Please start a true Match Making business that has integrity, and really cares about people. Who puts clients before sales (the almighty buck). Run these schmucks out of business! Please!

It's Just Lunch! Company Information