4.2/5 (295 ratings)

About It's Just Lunch!

It's Just Lunch is a personalized matchmaking service that caters to busy professionals looking for meaningful relationships in more than 110 U.S. cities as well as cities in Canada, the UK, Ireland and Australia. Matchmakers get to know members and use their dating preferences and relationship history to select matches. It's Just Lunch makes all the arrangements for comfortable and safe face-to-face dates, including the time and place. All members have to do is show up ready to meet their match. Potential pairs meet over lunch or after work for drinks.

Pros

• Guaranteed face-to-face dates
  • Free onboarding interview
  • Customized membership plans
  • Fully confidential

Cons

• Lengthy process
  • Can be pricey

Bottom Line

It’s Just Lunch offers an alternative to online dating apps with its personalized matchmaking services. You work one-on-one with a matchmaker who finds potential matches for you and sets up the date.

Top It's Just Lunch! Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch?

Verified

I’m thankful for Debbie and IJL. She’s working hard to find the right man for me by listening and applying my desires. I appreciate the atmosphere this experience provides, and I ...

Verified

Marisol is amazing. She is always cheerful and professional. She makes sure that she follows up and is in touch constantly, most importantly she listens. I also appreciate her spe...

What is It’s Just Lunch?

It’s Just Lunch is a matchmaking service that pairs people based on their interests and relationship history. The company’s matchmakers set up a meeting place, typically for lunch or after-work drinks, for the couples to meet.

If you’re interested in joining It’s Just Lunch, you can either fill out a registration form on the company’s website or call for more information. You will go through a free onboarding interview process.

In the 30-minute interview, a dating specialist explains how the service works and asks you about your interests and values and what you’re looking for in a potential date. At the end of the call, the dating specialist offers you membership packages based on the number of dates you want to go on.

How does It’s Just Lunch work?

Once you sign up with It’s Just Lunch, you’re paired with a matchmaker. Your matchmaker spends time getting to know you, your dating history, your preferences and anything else important to your dating goals. At that time, your matchmaker collects payment and begins looking for potential matches.

Your matchmaker shows you photos and information about your potential matches and shares your photo and interests with them. Names and contact information are kept private. Once there’s a mutual match, your matchmaker communicates with your match to set up a first date at a restaurant, bar or cafe.

After the date is confirmed, your matchmaker lets you know where to meet and when. After the date, your matchmaker contacts you to discuss how it went. From there, they’ll set up another date with the same person or a new date with another potential match.

How much does It’s Just Lunch cost?

The cost of It’s Just Lunch varies based on the city you live in, how many dates you’d like to go on and your contract length. It’s Just Lunch doesn’t list prices on its website — membership packages are personalized to your preferences.

Your matchmaker goes over pricing and the packages you can choose from at your onboarding interview. Previous members say the cost typically ranges between $1,000 and $4,000, but $2,000 is the average price.

It’s Just Lunch FAQ

Who owns It’s Just Lunch?
It’s Just Lunch operates as a franchise. Each city has its own staff.
How much does It’s Just Lunch cost in Canada?
The cost of It’s Just Lunch in Canada varies based on which of the six locations — Calgary, Edmonton, The Okanagan, Vancouver, Victoria and Toronto — you live in and how many dates you sign up for.
Does It’s Just Lunch have multiple plans?
Yes, It’s Just Lunch has multiple plans. Plans are customized to each member and vary by the minimum guaranteed number of dates.
Is It’s Just Lunch free?
No, It’s Just Lunch is a paid matchmaking service. A typical membership costs between $2,000 and $4,000, depending on the member’s location, the number of dates a member wants to go on and other factors.

Does It’s Just Lunch work?

Yes, It’s Just Lunch works. The company has helped people go on more than 2 million first dates, with some leading to long, happy relationships and marriages. Matchmakers do all of the work for you, so all you have to do is show up. Plus, the people you meet through It’s Just Lunch are also looking for a relationship, which isn’t always the case with dating apps and other online dating services.

It's Just Lunch! Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch!?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch?

Original review: April 28, 2021

I've been an IJL member for a little over a year and I've had some good experiences so far and met some interesting men, but not the right fit yet. Bryan F recently became my IJL Matchmaker, and what I really appreciate about him is that he obviously reviewed my file for what I'm looking for along with the candid feedback that I've provided from dates with previous matches, and he did an outstanding job with the very first match he made for me. Even though my first date with this match was virtual, it was one of the best dates I've ever had and I'm looking forward to getting to know my match better and see what unfolds. Thank you so much Bryan! - Candace

Get buying tips about Matchmaking Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 22, 2021

As a new member of the IJL community, I’d like to give a shout out to my matchmaker, Debbie. We’ve only knowledge each other a brief time, but she’s impressed me with her quick action and ability to identify a suitable guy to meet – in less than 24 hours! Now, that’s impressive! The meeting with the gentlemen went well… Good conversation… However, no sparks. Upon my ride home, I reflected on how nice it was to have the opportunity to meet a nice, intelligent man, enjoy good conversation, while also knowing that I have an advocate in Debbie who is looking for that next potential match. I’m excited to discover who she recommends next.

Original review: March 16, 2021

I was skeptical about joining a match making service like IJL as I never had any luck with other dating sites or apps, and meeting girls anywhere else. When I join I was questioning whether I had make the right choice cause the price of my membership was really high. But I decided to give it a try anyway and see how it go. Up to this point I have been pleasantly surprised and happy that I join cause I’m getting to go on face to face dates with girls who are interested in meeting guys like me. I can’t say enough good things about my matchmaker Debbie, she’s been a real professional from the first day I talk to her and really cares about her clients, she takes the time to follow up on her clients after each date. I hope to find that special someone on ijl.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

I've had two dates with IJL so far. Both dates matched the main characteristics I requested: educated, intelligent, successful professional, and leading an active lifestyle. I prefer the IJL approach to dating over online, because they do the work for me finding matches I'm interested in. These days it is good to have the security of knowing you are meeting someone real who has been vetted by IJL. Obed has done a great job keeping in communication with me during the challenging times of COVID and has worked hard to find quality matches for me. I'm confident he's doing the best job for me. He has also done a great job in selecting some of the nicest restaurants in Kansas City, and having a good atmosphere for the dates is a great bonus. IJL is a more sophisticated way of dating that I’m confident will lead to me finding that someone special.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

Dear ITJ, After 6 months of being a client, I am happy to report I have met and fallen in love with an extraordinary woman named Linda A. My primary Matchmaker was Demi M. and I want to thank her for really working hard on my behalf. My matches were all personable, intelligent, serious and curious women who I greatly enjoyed getting to know and in almost every case, I understood why Demi thought we might like each other. Linda and my common interests, personalities and desires have turned out to be extraordinary! We laugh about naming our 1st born "Demi" although it's not likely to happen as we are both seniors. (HA!). I am very appreciative of everything IJL did to help me find an amazing love and companion....and in the midst of a plague even.

Jonah **

Original review: June 15, 2021

In December I called IJL after seeing a friend have a professional experience. With Covid happening I thought it would be a good way to start. I spoke to a woman for over an hour when signing up who took all of my information. I signed up for 3 in person dates unlimited Zoom. However, she didn't tell me it takes 2 weeks to set up a zoom date. As well, the matchmaker assigned to you are all in the state of Florida. My girl was new and had just started. She had no idea of distance and northeast locations. I made it clear no more than an hr drive. So I declined several people living way too far away. NEVER was it said that would be counted as a date. No return phone calls, terrible service all around. And high turnover.

It was the biggest waste of money as I had 1 zoom date and 1 in person, which didn't meet my profile requirements. Afterward I asked for a call and nothing. Once I spoke to the "new" match maker she said, "Nobody told you, your membership is now expired." When I asked to speak to upper management she said, "The customer service manager will tell you the same thing." Very unprofessional. I've been in business management for over 25 yrs, this was extremely disappointing. More so as I referred a new client for them as well, never even a thank you or phone call. Highly disappointed.

Original review: June 14, 2021

Their sales monkeys contacted me several times to get me into their "contract", which is a complete fraud. They just want to take the money and run away. I am surprised that they are not arrested for fraud. They ask for your credit card on the phone before anything! Complete scam.

Original review: May 26, 2021

Debbie has done a great job with matching. Her positive personality is great. I look looking forward to working with her on more matches. I live in Dallas and Debbie found someone that lives in my neighborhood. I have used IJL before and never had a better experience than I had with Debbie.

Original review: May 22, 2021

Hello, I have signed up twice for It’s Just Lunch and Debbie has known how to identify very qualified lunch partners. It’s nice to have someone that you can talk to that knows your profile very well. Throughout coronavirus we did not communicate but she still remembered after almost 9 months. She would be the reason I would sign up for another contract with you if I choose to do so.

Original review: May 21, 2021

I have worked with IJL for a while now. It was a very rocky start, but since moving cities and changing to Debbie, it has been a much better experience. She is fantastic to work with and I appreciate her time and efforts!

It's Just Lunch! Company Information