Find a Matchmaking Services partner

It's Just Lunch!

3.7/5 (178 ratings)
Find a Matchmaking Services partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About It's Just Lunch!

It's Just Lunch is a personalized matchmaking service that caters to busy professionals looking for meaningful relationships in more than 110 U.S. cities as well as cities in Canada, the UK, Ireland and Australia. Matchmakers get to know members and use their dating preferences and relationship history to select matches. It's Just Lunch makes all the arrangements for comfortable and safe face-to-face dates, including the time and place. All members have to do is show up ready to meet their match. Potential pairs meet over lunch or after work for drinks.

Pros

• Guaranteed face-to-face dates
  • Free onboarding interview
  • Customized membership plans
  • Fully confidential

Cons

• Lengthy process
  • Can be pricey

Bottom Line

It’s Just Lunch offers an alternative to online dating apps with its personalized matchmaking services. You work one-on-one with a matchmaker who finds potential matches for you and sets up the date.

Top It's Just Lunch! Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch?

Verified

I’m thankful for Debbie and IJL. She’s working hard to find the right man for me by listening and applying my desires. I appreciate the atmosphere this experience provides, and I ...

Verified

Marisol is amazing. She is always cheerful and professional. She makes sure that she follows up and is in touch constantly, most importantly she listens. I also appreciate her spe...

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

What is It’s Just Lunch?

It’s Just Lunch is a matchmaking service that pairs people based on their interests and relationship history. The company’s matchmakers set up a meeting place, typically for lunch or after-work drinks, for the couples to meet.

If you’re interested in joining It’s Just Lunch, you can either fill out a registration form on the company’s website or call for more information. You will go through a free onboarding interview process.

In the 30-minute interview, a dating specialist explains how the service works and asks you about your interests and values and what you’re looking for in a potential date. At the end of the call, the dating specialist offers you membership packages based on the number of dates you want to go on.

How does It’s Just Lunch work?

Once you sign up with It’s Just Lunch, you’re paired with a matchmaker. Your matchmaker spends time getting to know you, your dating history, your preferences and anything else important to your dating goals. At that time, your matchmaker collects payment and begins looking for potential matches.

Your matchmaker shows you photos and information about your potential matches and shares your photo and interests with them. Names and contact information are kept private. Once there’s a mutual match, your matchmaker communicates with your match to set up a first date at a restaurant, bar or cafe.

After the date is confirmed, your matchmaker lets you know where to meet and when. After the date, your matchmaker contacts you to discuss how it went. From there, they’ll set up another date with the same person or a new date with another potential match.

How much does It’s Just Lunch cost?

The cost of It’s Just Lunch varies based on the city you live in, how many dates you’d like to go on and your contract length. It’s Just Lunch doesn’t list prices on its website — membership packages are personalized to your preferences.

Your matchmaker goes over pricing and the packages you can choose from at your onboarding interview. Previous members say the cost typically ranges between $1,000 and $4,000, but $2,000 is the average price.

It’s Just Lunch FAQ

Who owns It’s Just Lunch?
It’s Just Lunch operates as a franchise. Each city has its own staff.
How much does It’s Just Lunch cost in Canada?
The cost of It’s Just Lunch in Canada varies based on which of the six locations — Calgary, Edmonton, The Okanagan, Vancouver, Victoria and Toronto — you live in and how many dates you sign up for.
Does It’s Just Lunch have multiple plans?
Yes, It’s Just Lunch has multiple plans. Plans are customized to each member and vary by the minimum guaranteed number of dates.
Is It’s Just Lunch free?
No, It’s Just Lunch is a paid matchmaking service. A typical membership costs between $2,000 and $4,000, depending on the member’s location, the number of dates a member wants to go on and other factors.

Does It’s Just Lunch work?

Yes, It’s Just Lunch works. The company has helped people go on more than 2 million first dates, with some leading to long, happy relationships and marriages. Matchmakers do all of the work for you, so all you have to do is show up. Plus, the people you meet through It’s Just Lunch are also looking for a relationship, which isn’t always the case with dating apps and other online dating services.

It's Just Lunch! Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch!?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch?

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

Of all the matchmakers I've interacted with, Hazel has been the most pleasurable to converse with. It's clear that she wants to know as much about me as she can in order to put together optimal matches. After all, it is a drag when people meet and within minutes one of them says they are looking for a partner that has the same passion as he/she has for a particular activity that the other person does not have. At that moment it is clear the match has no chance of moving forward.

Hazel inquires what are my 'desirables' and 'deal breakers' in a potential partner and moves forward with that info.

Original review: April 28, 2021

I've been an IJL member for a little over a year and I've had some good experiences so far and met some interesting men, but not the right fit yet. Bryan F recently became my IJL Matchmaker, and what I really appreciate about him is that he obviously reviewed my file for what I'm looking for along with the candid feedback that I've provided from dates with previous matches, and he did an outstanding job with the very first match he made for me. Even though my first date with this match was virtual, it was one of the best dates I've ever had and I'm looking forward to getting to know my match better and see what unfolds. Thank you so much Bryan! - Candace

Get buying tips about Matchmaking Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 22, 2021

As a new member of the IJL community, I’d like to give a shout out to my matchmaker, Debbie. We’ve only knowledge each other a brief time, but she’s impressed me with her quick action and ability to identify a suitable guy to meet – in less than 24 hours! Now, that’s impressive! The meeting with the gentlemen went well… Good conversation… However, no sparks. Upon my ride home, I reflected on how nice it was to have the opportunity to meet a nice, intelligent man, enjoy good conversation, while also knowing that I have an advocate in Debbie who is looking for that next potential match. I’m excited to discover who she recommends next.

Original review: March 16, 2021

I was skeptical about joining a match making service like IJL as I never had any luck with other dating sites or apps, and meeting girls anywhere else. When I join I was questioning whether I had make the right choice cause the price of my membership was really high. But I decided to give it a try anyway and see how it go. Up to this point I have been pleasantly surprised and happy that I join cause I’m getting to go on face to face dates with girls who are interested in meeting guys like me. I can’t say enough good things about my matchmaker Debbie, she’s been a real professional from the first day I talk to her and really cares about her clients, she takes the time to follow up on her clients after each date. I hope to find that special someone on ijl.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

My matchmaker, Debbie, has been wonderful. Working with her is an absolute pleasure. She is fun, friendly, and most importantly, good at her job. We’ve spoken on several occasions, and she has always listened closely to what I have to say. I recently went on my first date, and had a wonderful time. I was nervous getting back into the dating scene, but I trusted Debbie, and she did a great job matching me up with a fantastic guy. I couldn’t speak more highly of Debbie, and I look forward to working with her more throughout the matchmaking journey!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

I love the idea of this dating site, but it has not gone as smoothly as I had hoped. My current matchmaker is Joel. The matchmakers all seem to be very nice, knowledgeable, and willing to listen, however, I have not had one long enough to feel comfortable with or build rapport with. I think they try to find appropriate matches for their clients and I'm always looking forward to my next date. This is definitely a longer process than I thought it would be!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

I've been associated with IJL since mid December. I was assigned Joel as my date coordinator and I've already had 2 successful dates. I find Joel to be extremely helpful, dedicated, passionate and professional. I would highly recommend IJL and Joel to anyone who is serious about about finding a companion.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

I signed up for IJL in November 2021. Christi almost “golly geed” herself to death telling me how many eligible men there were in Toronto. As soon as she got my credit card, she never returned another call. When I spoke to my matchmaker, Vanessa, and asked to video meet soon, she promptly advised me she had other clients, not just me. She sent me 2 choices. The one I liked wasn’t interested. Next thing, Amy is my new matchmaker and sends me someone I know and it would have been awkward. So, that counts as a date for the month. They can then tick the box to say they fulfilled their obligation. It’s not necessary for them to think it’s not fair to client so let me find someone else.

I just spoke to Missy that empathy should be allowed in situations where matches know each other and don’t want to meet for that reason. She said, no that’s just the way it is but, hey, they really do care. She is going to speak to Amy who will now quickly flip through her binder and throw me another bone. Bottom line, it’s a stone cold business that will fulfill its contractual obligations with no real effort or human touch. You are a non-human entity that pads their coffers. It’s possible you may meet someone but you may have better luck at a classy place like a bowling alley.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

Almost zero to no customer service. The only time I hear from IJL is when I voice being upset. The matches are either fake or not vetted. I paid $2k for just about nothing and have had the service for just about a full year now. I have been on one date. They do not listen. I have had several match makers and none of them care.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2021

I have developed a great rapport with my personal match maker, Shaun. He a great listener and I feel comfortable when speaking with him. He gets to know you better after a date, so he can better fit you with the better match. I discuss with him my likes/ dislikes. Shaun is my biggest fan during this process! I have two more dates to go and I know it will only get better. Shaun lets your personality shine and be revealed when we are communicating. This is truly of value in finding the right one!

It's Just Lunch! Company Information