4.37/5
  • 1 star
Based on 771 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

It's Just Lunch is the world’s Number 1 personalized dating service.

At It's Just Lunch we take away the frustration of dating and make it easy for you to meet people worth spending your time with. Our dating specialists handle everything in a personalized and efficient manner... from finding the right matches to making all the arrangements for the date. All you have to do is show up and enjoy meeting someone new.

It's Just Lunch was founded in 1991 and has been helping professional singles around the world find meaningful relationships ever since. With over 150 It's Just Lunch locations worldwide, there is sure to be one near you.

Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 12, 2017

4561 It's Just Lunch! Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I joined after frustration with other sites with less credible certifications. I was mismatched mostly with much less educated people who often misrepresented current information. So far my experience with It's Just Lunch have been superior by far to other services.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I have just started the personalized dating service with IJL about one week ago. So far so good. The staff is courteous and attentive and I have already been on a date and the candidate was a good match. I have a personalized interview tomorrow with a coach who I hope can help me with some tips. I would say the staff is very professional and diligent. This is not a cheap service but it is well managed and helpful, thus far anyway.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

Special acknowledgement to Kiana for her excellent attention and quality care in establishing a good client relationship, focusing on details to get the best results. Good follow ups and asks good questions to make sure she has my preferences. Really appreciate her efforts.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

Pilar has been very informative and supportive in my experience with dating through IJL. She's been able to provide a listening ear and a positive attitude as I explore the dating scene through the company. I would highly recommend her expertise to anyone that would be interested in having an adventurous experience through IJL and I look forward to enjoying something special through IJL, thank you!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I was not sure what to expect from my interview with Andrea but when we closed I was looking forward to my date on Wed. Andrea was very personable and upbeat. I have only had a few blind dates so this is a very stressful experience. I hope all goes well with It's Just Lunch!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch?

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

My experience so far was good, person that works with me is very nice, polite, encouraging, is involved in the process completely, helpful with the questions, very open in terms of making you feel comfortable to ask questions, good listener, kind and returns calls or emails promptly. I definitely recommend.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

Receiving excellent follow up and prompt information concerning prospective lunch dates-first lunch date turned out great- I believe well suited for both of us-easy conversation and exchanged contact information for future opportunity to expand our relationship. Look forward to meeting new lunch dates.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

When I started using IJL a year ago, I spent a lot of time talking with Amy and she was and is amazing! She made the interview process painless (there was a lot of laughter going on). I was initially set up to work with Jasmin, but I was not very happy with her. (Ex. The first guy that she wanted me to meet had the same name as my late husband. She wasn't very understanding to the fact that I did not want to date him.) Now that I am working with Monique, things have been great. I especially like the way I don't have to keep checking my texts/emails all day long to see who sent me a "like" or said I was his "favorite". It seemed like any guy that I sent a message to never responded back. I really appreciate IJL's laid back dating experience! I love Amy and Monique! I still haven't found that special someone, but I'm patiently waiting!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

My date was a very handsome, intelligent and relaxed man. He arrived on time, and I greeted him by saying he was just as attractive as his photo and he said he also found me very attractive, but he had not seen my photo, which was fine with me. We had a drink and something to eat, and sat and talked for several hours... The more we sat there, the more I liked him. We exchanged stories from our lives and as he revealed more of what his work is, I asked him if he knew various people who I know some quite well, and it turned out we had more than a few people in common which pleased both of us as well as many of the same interests.

When the bill came, I reminded him that we were supposed to split it, which we did. We stood and spoke for a few minutes outside before parting, and we both agreed that we would like to meet again and we gave each other a very big warm hug which I think both of us enjoyed. I look forward to seeing him again in the near future. He asked me to watch online a short film he wrote with his daughter and acts in which I did. It was very moving and I found him to be a wonderful actor both of which I wrote him in an e mail which I sent the next morning.

The major question I have is will he be as interested in my work and life as I am in his? (He turned out to be the head of THE SCHOOL OF VISUAL ARTS where my daughter spent several years)... I know that part of his job is interviewing famous actors etc., and maybe he doesn't get to talk much about himself, but I will not be interested if that is most of what interests in... so... so, I will have to wait and see. My date was extremely different from anyone I have ever gone out with, and that was a lovely surprise. I had a wonderful experience, and I am VERY grateful to Kim and Miya for choosing him for my date... And by the way, in our long conversations, I found Kim to be quite psychic. Thanks again to IT'S JUST LUNCH.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Michelle was a great salesperson but I felt the ball was dropped when I was transitioned to Marie. My profile created by IJL was wrong. My first date looked nothing like his photos. So it was a rough start. Marie and I are in the same page and she has been proactive in addressing these concerns. Looking forward to my date next weekend!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I am very pleased with Kiana ** and the matchmaking experience I have had. She has been very attentive and listened to what I stated in our conversations. As a result, I have met someone that I am very excited about and feel our personalities are a very good match. I have been searching for a partner for some time, and my luck and match with IJL so far has made me very happy. Especially for my age!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Ellen was friendly, sophisticated and fun lady to be with. I think we both enjoyed each other's company. However, I wasn't attracted to her a love partner. She also had a number of positive attributes like her professional experience and participation in the cultural and sports life in Pittsburgh.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

So far I have had 2 dates. So far it's been a good experience with It's Just Lunch! Obed been very good, responded to my emails and keeping me inform on my dates. He has done a great job of applying them and selecting dates in my criteria.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I enjoyed my Personal Interview with Andrea, she was very nice and wanted to get to know me as a person. Andrea answered all of my questions and she made sure, that, my profile reflected all of my likes, dislikes and deal-breakers, she was very helpful and personable.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

My first experience with IJL started out q little rocky... I wasn't being connected with the types of guys I was looking to meet, and there was the threat of an expiring membership, and I felt like my feedback wasn't being heard. BUT then, I was introduced to Kim and Miyah, and that was a game changer! Finally, it almost feels like a Hallmark channel movie. The guy they introduced me to is almost perfect, and the next one seems equally promising and someone I would have never met on the street. I would highly recommend this specific team from IJL. They get it, and they listen.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I have about a month of experience so far with IJL and am very pleased so far. I have worked with Rick **, Ann **, Dahlia ** and Kiana ** and all have been positive, supportive, upbeat and I think very sincere in their efforts in matching with that special lady. I've had several dates with my first match and am looking forward to meeting more matches. Thanks team IJL!!!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

IJL has been fantastic to work with, between business and personal affairs IJL took the stress out of my life with their searching, selecting and setting up dinner date for me. All I have to do is to concentrate on my works and wait for them to let me know where and when I would go to meet my date. It has been a pleasure to work with them.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

If finding "the one" was easy, then more than half of the marriages in America would not end in divorce. It's Just Lunch is trying to help me find "the one", and although it hasn't happened yet, I truly appreciate the great lengths that Aleisha and Pilar are going through to help find her. They are very responsive to my feedback and are seemingly moving heaven and earth to find my ideal match. Thank you very much for your efforts Aleisha and Pilar. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

IJL has been a great experience. IJL team has been very meticulous in choosing a date based upon my last date. They have tremendously improve each time. The interviews, the calls, and reminder are great reminders, I don't have to do much to go out for a date, just show up with a smile. IJL really makes it easy for a super busy career person like myself to meet guys (whom I will never meet on my own) with the similar interests and experiences. Thanks IJL.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

Andrea from IJL called promptly at the agreed time and helped me connect properly with Skype. Everything as agreed. She kept the interview on track and moving forward, while also listening to my comments and concerns. And she is a charming young lady with a quick smile.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

She was very professional and was easy to communicate with. We were able to make a quick switch from Skype to FaceTime which was really helpful. Andrea seemed experienced and pleasant. She covered my profile well and I did not have any questions unanswered when we left the call.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

My experience with the personnel has been excellent! From the first person who returned my call to Kimberly and Mya. I know that Kimberly is taking very good care of me! I love the ease of this experience!! The places picked to meet my date have been perfect! From getting a profile to look at, to accepting a date, getting a reminder the day before and then followed up by a phone call the day after! I love the professionalism of this of all the personnel! I would highly recommend It’s Just Lunch. Whatever the outcome of my experience I will be forever thankful for the individual attention!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I have been signed up with IJL since January. I have been on TWO dates in 11 months and I cannot even get my Dating Director to return my call any more. I'm VERY disappointed with this service and I plan to contact the Better Business Bureau and other online sites to voice my concerns that this company does not care about the satisfaction of their clients nor do they care about fulfilling their obligations to clients for services paid. Very unhappy!!!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

So far I have had a very pleasant experience. I am hoping that this will result in a successful match. Kim has been very helpful in assisting me to keep an open mind. I enjoy speaking with her. Overall I believe she is an asset to your organization. I will be sure to recommend your company in the future.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

All good so far, I appreciate the time and attention to detail your team is taking prior to matching me up with someone. The better job we do here at the beginning, the better our chances of success I feel. Safety and privacy is very important to me so I am comforted to know that the gentlemen you interview have gone through this same process.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

Sheri was fabulous. I haven't been on more than 3 first dates in the last 30 years. I thought it might be a waste of time but she really make me think about what I want to get out of a date and she gave me lines I can use in certain circumstances that will be SO helpful. She is a good listener and addressed my concerns and made me aware of what to watch for and how to handle certain circumstances. Thank you Sheri! I am so grateful!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I had fun speaking with Sheri about dating. She gave me great tips on what to do and what not to do. As a result, I have more confidence in myself when meeting men. In addition, I am very excited and positive about the dating experience after our fun, informative, and enthusiastic conversation!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Sheri was a terrific emissary for the company... a good balance of using her observations to offer commentary, of listening and counseling. She left me feeling that IJL will follow through glowingly. Eager to view my three matches and have lunch.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

From the moment I joined IJL, which is just recently, I have had a positive experience. There is a chain of contacts and I just completed my first dating session which was informative and clarified my questions. I look forward to going on my first date and I trust that great matches will be picked!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

I wasn't sure what to expect from the interview with IJL, but the interviewer was very friendly and helpful! We started with some standard good practices for a date and then went over a bunch of questions I had given a recent experience. I left feeling a bit more confident and with a better understanding of some goals to focus on.

It's Just Lunch! Company Information