Consumer Reviews

• 3 stars82
  • 2 stars20
  • 1 stars40

www.itsjustlunch.com

It's Just Lunch is the world’s Number 1 personalized dating service.

At It's Just Lunch we take away the frustration of dating and make it easy for you to meet people worth spending your time with. Our dating specialists handle everything in a personalized and efficient manner... from finding the right matches to making all the arrangements for the date. All you have to do is show up and enjoy meeting someone new.

It's Just Lunch was founded in 1991 and has been helping professional singles around the world find meaningful relationships ever since. With over 150 It's Just Lunch locations worldwide, there is sure to be one near you.

Job well done! Attentiveness, care taken in selections, response time and professionalism has been awesome.

Sheri was very helpful and informative. She asked pertinent questions regarding my aspirations for dating. She clarified any questions and concerns and remained unfazed despite our technical difficulties during the interview. She was also friendly and accommodating as an interviewer.

I am so thrilled that I made the decision to sign up with IJL. Debbie ** has been wonderful as my dating advisor and she really listens to me. Debbie is always available and responsive and completely takes the burden and stress out of dating. I highly recommend this service.

I feel that there are too many people dealing with me = 6. How can 1 (Marie) know me very well to find a good match for me? I don't feel that Marie and I have had a long enough conversation for her to REALLY know me. I've talked to several = my information is not being passed on correctly.

They misrepresent their services. They do not set you up with appropriate individuals. They go long periods of time without contacting you despite requests for updates. Waste of money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch?

There are several staff, but mainly Debbie, that have provided dating matches for me while with It's Just Lunch. Debbie is kind and cordial over the phone, when arranging dates for me, and works to research matches based on my preferences. She is informative when I ask questions. Thank you, Debbie, for making my experience with It's Just Lunch a good one.

I was excited about this whole experience but the penny has tarnished more as time goes on. You are well outside your 3 days of requesting a refund when the things happen you aren't pleased with. Now let me state upfront I take full responsibility for sending my signature without reading their contract, but when I did try to open the document, I never could and told them that. I take full responsibility for not digging deeper about all of my dates being local, because they list Huntsville as a hub; they DID NOT ever tell me in the course of the SALES CALL/PITCH that it had been closed, which I think is pretty important.

I did say I'd go to Nashville or Birmingham on occasion, even Dallas as I have relatives who live there... Marlo, lives in the same neighborhood as they do practically and so we had lengthy conversation and she never once said "You WILL ALWAYS GO TO BIRMINGHAM!!!" I get set up with date #1, meet, he's late, disheveled and it's not their fault but he talks about bringing all the women to same restaurant???!!!! Well?? The company was kind, I got a token gift card for his behavior... which is NOT their fault.

Then, they stay true to their word, they send me to Birmingham! In his profile he's handsome, a professional; we're to have an extended date... Day into evening. I spend a considerable amount of time picking an outfit that will carry me through both time slots and outings, drive my little over 2 hours and part of it through rain you can barely see through! I arrive on time, walk in to be told he'd called and "he's not coming". No other reason was left for me...

I think our phone numbers should be given out so that if one party doesn't intend to "show up", they can at least save the other person not only hours of drive time, but preparation time as well. In total, I spent 4 hours, 30 minutes driving and 2 1/2 picking clothes and getting ready for my date and he was obviously a professional at being rude and inconsiderate. The least one could do if they are showing is say "I'm sorry, please tell her... (whatever reason)." Don't you think?

I emailed IJL and told them all about it, took them 3 days to call and no email... I never responded to the call as I'm so over this. I've never been stood up in my life and now I paid for it!! I've received an email from Nadine, wanting to know availability. To be honest, I told her that for him, NONE. I don't do second chances. Your first impression is your most important, he screwed that up.

I've asked for a refund to no avail, and on more than one occasion, so I've asked for half a refund, that seems fair. I didn't do my due diligence and they didn't tell all the truth upfront either! I tried to post on their page but I couldn't see how you could, maybe there's a reason for that. My advice, you can do just as well on your own and when I signed up I didn't feel that way. Unfortunately, it's come to that.

My experience with It's Just Lunch has been good. The staff has been very open to my needs and seems to care quite a bit with trying to find me a person whom I'll feel comfortable with. They get to know you not as a customer but as someone they can help and to me that's a great feeling.

So far...I am extremely happy with Stacie and Debbie. I have a first date scheduled within 5 days of joining. :-) They both are great listeners and cut to the chase! Thank you.

Please note my experience with Kimberly and Nadine has been wonderful. They both try so hard to keep in touch before and after my matches. Kim is a sweetheart and she has taken a lot of time with me finding matches. I will bet soon she will bring me the match to fill my needs.

Everyone at IJL was so helpful and professional. I felt like they really took the time to listen to what I wanted and they were able to find me a great first match. They planned everything for my first date. The restaurant location was beautiful and I had a really nice evening.

I have talked to Kim or Nadine every week. So far I have been offered a profile of someone to every week. I have been happy with the process!

I had a very comfortable date with a man who I felt was well matched with my preferences. Dinner and conversation was enjoyable. First dates are not always easy but this one was. Lisa listened to my likes and dislikes and came through for me.

Sheri met with me via facetime at my convenience. She was very personable and easy to talk to. She is a wealth of information and made me feel comfortable to ask my questions. I enjoyed my meeting with Sheri and she made me feel much more relaxed about dating again.

I had a great coaching session with Sheri. She's sweet and very helpful. I'm looking forward to meeting someone.

My very first date with Just Lunch & my adviser/coach "Jas" nailed it with a great match for me which led to a second date. She "listened" and found exactly what I was looking for and she nailed it out of the park!

My first interaction with IJL was not positive. The interactions seemed confused and it was unclear who did what as it related to organizing my first date. The first date was a complete miss even after spending a good bit of time describing the type of person I was looking to meet. The follow-up after the fist date was terrible. Then Mike ** stepped in. Mike did a great job at listening to understand the type of person I was looking to meet. He then came back with a couple of individuals who were right on target. Thank you Mike for doing a great job!

It's Just Lunch!, IJL, has been an amazing experience for me. I am a busy professional and a committed father which makes it hard to meet high quality women. Jas at IJL has introduced me to many beautiful, intelligent, fun, successful, grounded, active, positive women. The dates have all been enjoyable and some have been great. My most recent 1st date was the best one yet where we shared an authentic intimate connection. I am very excited for our next date.

I paid approx. $** CDN in good faith to It's Just Lunch International August 2015 as they represented themselves over the telephone and in person as being a matchmaking service for busy professionals, who had a membership pool in Calgary, Canada. However, when I ran into issues with this company (dating coach who could not be bothered to keep appointments, inappropriate matches, discovering my profile was completely incorrect/inaccurate) and asked for a refund less interview fees. It's Just Lunch personnel informed me they were a recruiting service and matches could only be presented on who had joined the service.

Note that It's Just Lunch does not indicate they are a recruiting service on their website or in their contract. Their contract also indicates that it MEMORIALIZES and is not INCONSISTENT with those TELEPHONE COMMUNICATIONS; however, telephone communications are completely inconsistent, depending on with whom I am speaking. When I filed a complaint against It's Just Lunch with Florida Better Business Bureau (August 2016), I was contacted by It's Just Lunch customer representative, Pat (**) who indicated I did not qualify for a refund as they could provide the services. When I said they had not provided any services to me over the past year and I was only interested in a refund, her response to me was "Good luck."

Obed helped me find a woman that I am attracted to and compatible with. I am so happy she is my girlfriend!

I have just signed up and have had an interview with Sheri. She could not have been nicer and as I am somewhat nervous about this venture, she was helpful and easy to talk with. I can't offer much more yet, because I have not had my first date.

Sheri was warm, friendly, and extremely helpful during my initial dating coaching and face to face interview session. She put me at ease and led me through the process. Sheri asked me thoughtful questions to elicit insight into my dating style and history, and answered all of my questions. I look forward to Sheri's additional insights after my first few dates.

My experience with It's Just Lunch Seattle was, to say the least, incredible. It was enlightening, and enjoyable. I felt like they really listened to me, and paid attention to my wants/needs/desires in a partner. The first handful of matches weren't perfect, but it was a good start, and I really enjoyed learning about myself through the process. I met my now fiancé during an introduction through IJL, and I couldn't be happier that I took that leap of faith and went ahead and paid for their services. The outcome, in my humble opinion, is better than I could have imagined it being.

I learned so much along the way, met some really nice people (including the folks at IJL – they are WONDERFUL) and I went on lots of dates, met the man of my dreams, and we are getting married in October of this year!!! It was great. I can't say enough about the team and all the hard work they put into matching people up, coordinating, taking feedback, etc. The whole program is terrific. Thanks IJL. You guys totally ROCK!

Bottom line, so far so good. Sales (Natalie) very helpful. Gave a true description of what I'm purchasing. She made sure that my expectations and the IJL deliverables were aligned. This is critical for success. Client Service (Jas and Sheri) also, very helpful. They are responsive, professional, and seem to be very vested in the success of their client. Will keep you posted!!

I am pleased to have the opportunity to recommend Kimberli as a Dating Director. She is so much more than that. She is fun, effective and has become a good friend. We love chatting and she never makes me feel like I am wasting her time. She knows that the more time spent getting to know a client, the better job she is able to do for you. If you are reading this, just call IJL and ask for Kimberly. You will have so much fun!!!

Kimberli seem to be trying hard even though the first 2 dates did not work out.

I am rather new to my experience with IJL. I've met 2 nice gentlemen so far and I feel like I am being matched with people who are closest to what I'm looking for.

1st coach - I thought that Myra (spelling name wrong) was very helpful with preparing me for my date. She reminded me that 'it is a date' so that I think about my wardrobe, opening introductions, and closing conversations to leave a positive vibe. Tips about how to handle the interaction were very helpful. Thank you.

I imagine I would be happier if I had met someone I would want to date again which is not the case with the two gentleman I have met.

My experience with the quality of my match was excellent. The level of communication proceeding the date was spot on. For a busy person such as myself is a no stress way to meet a compatible partner.

It's Just Lunch! Company Profile