4.36/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

It's Just Lunch!

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

It's Just Lunch is the world’s Number 1 personalized dating service.

At It's Just Lunch we take away the frustration of dating and make it easy for you to meet people worth spending your time with. Our dating specialists handle everything in a personalized and efficient manner... from finding the right matches to making all the arrangements for the date. All you have to do is show up and enjoy meeting someone new.

It's Just Lunch was founded in 1991 and has been helping professional singles around the world find meaningful relationships ever since. With over 150 It's Just Lunch locations worldwide, there is sure to be one near you.

Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 17, 2017

4467 It's Just Lunch! Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

My IJL consultants Mike ** and Miya ** have been wonderful. They have been very helpful and have great communication with me! They always follow up promptly and they are very reassuring in a process that (let's be real here) can be kind of awkward and a bit nerve wracking! You're meeting someone you don't know, for the FIRST time. I have to say, Mike and Miya have been wonderful through this! They've listened to my feedback, and have adjusted my matches accordingly! The only reason I gave 4 stars is because I've only been on 2 dates and I haven't met someone who I've continued to date yet. I have another date coming up this weekend and I'm confident that Mike and Miya will help match me with someone awesome!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Brandis as well as the rest of the staff are highly professional, consistent, responsive, and their experience pays off. Would highly recommend to busy professionals looking to meet professionals and allow them to help you zero in on your search for the right match. There is really something as great dating ROI, I've seen it first hand, they are worth it!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Kiana has gone above and beyond in attempting to make my IJL experience a positive and beneficial one. Matchmaking seems to be more than just a job for her. This sense that my dating director actually cares about my success is very encouraging.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

Pilar and Clari are good people. Pilar genuinely cares to try and help me. The matches they find could be better, but the limited selection isn't necessarily their fault. The matches are alright. They found one person that was great. The others are subpar, but again, they try their best.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I worked with Aleisha and she is great. She listens to what I would say for each date and try her best to find somebody that would match me the best. I would recommend to all my single friends. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Just had my first date through IJL last night and it was WELL worth the wait! My matchmaker, Lisa **, is incredible! She addressed my concerns, talked me through the process and always had a positive attitude! I just had dinner with a wonderful man I never would have met if it wasn’t for Lisa ** & It’s Just Lunch! I’m very optimistic about the future!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Kimberly makes the IJL experience the very best. She is knowledgeable and personable. She knows when to encourage and to cheer you on. I can't imagine working with anyone else. She rocks! Thank you, Kim for being there for me!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I started out with a different dating director. It just wasn't a great personality fit. I was able to switch and was assigned to Kim. My experience has been night and day different with her. She is a great communicator and really listens to all of my concerns and feedback. The individuals I have been matched with are exactly what I am looking for. At this point I would definitely recommend this service to my friends and tell them to ask for Kim!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

The Service and attention to detail from "It's Just Lunch" has been quite outstanding. Kimberli & Annmarie have gone to great lengths to find out what I wanted as a Client. They are so patient, and concerned, so that I get the successful relationship I am looking with It's Just Lunch.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

My first and only date so far on IJL was interesting. We didn’t ultimately match but the conversation was great as was the atmosphere. I am looking forward to really connecting with that right someone. My contact Obed has been very helpful along the way. I look forward to working with him more as this progresses.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I got off to a rocky start with It's Just Lunch but they managed to find me someone worthy of going out with and he seems great so far. Monique has been very understanding and patient. I know it's a process and I appreciate her.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I'm new at IJL but really find this dating experience the way to go! Everyone is so professional and are really interested in my success. They listen to my needs and coach me to make sure I find what the right companion. I can hardly wait to see the final outcome.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I enjoyed working with Monique. I think she took the time to get to know me and to make thoughtful matches. She owned the process and had me in mind. This is a difficult thing to do and I liked having Monique on my team.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

IJL staff is great. They are really friendly and take the time to get to know you and what your likes and dislikes are. I would definitely recommend this for people that work a lot and are apprehensive about online dating. Thanks.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I'm new to It's Just Lunch. I had my first date and everything worked very well thanks to Kim and Anne Marie. Kim did all the work setting up the date and Anne Marie called and reminded me about the date and tips. I look forward to my next date that Kim arranges for me!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

The face to face meeting via FaceTime was very interesting and conducted in a very professional manner. I have great expectations with It's Just Lunch. I look forward to my first date with Katherine this coming Saturday in Philadelphia. Thank you very much.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I really like the way they handle the interviews and vetting process. It was very thorough and professional. I've only had one date with a guy who didn't seem like the best fit for me but the process has been good so far!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

In as much as this was my first experience using Skype, I was quickly put at ease with Andrea. I felt the interview was fair and enjoyable for both. I had a concern about how I looked at such close range; however, we had an enjoyable conversation. Thank you for your considerations.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Great communication with Steph, love her timeliness and prompt response and matches she has made for me. I would highly recommend her to anyone else. Also great personality and interest in client. In addition, she is also very please to talk to and goes out of her way to make client comfortable and answer their questions. She really took her time to get to know her client's personal history, their interests, hobbies, goals, family background so she can truly personalize the right match for you.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Overall the experience has been a fun and enjoyable time. My dating correspondent has been easy to talk to and helpful in helping me find the qualities in which I would like to add to my search. Her responses have been timely and she has been helpful in making this an easy experience.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

My face to face meeting with Andrea was very pleasant and positive. I really appreciated her professionalism and encouragement. I am happy that she confirmed my previous discussion regarding my preferences. As a result I am looking forward to experiencing this new process. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Pleasant experience. Can't wait to see matches! Friendly team, accommodating to my changes. Heard of IJL years ago, was on sites to find a match, but those sites did not help at all. A friend said try IJL. So I have!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

Awesome call with my coach today! Happy to get this process started! Cannot wait to go on dates and meet the person I am meant to be with based on my personality traits. I was very pleased to go over what a profile is and what to look for as the process unfolds!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

It was great experience and pleasure for me. I was comfortable asking questions and sharing my hobbies and interests on FaceTime. I also got some valuable advice. Hope it will help me in matchmaking process. Thanks for the nice exchange of ideas.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

Sheree was friendly, smart and very encouraging. I really liked talking to her, and she gave me some good advice about non-exclusive dating. I would love to talk to her on a regular basis! I felt confident going into my first dating experience with IJL, and I actually would have liked the opportunity to speak to her after the date.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

My facetime call with Sheri went very well and was very professional and a positive discussion about LHL and dating. Sheri was very pleasant, encouraging and positive and provided helpful insights with the entire process and upcoming dates. Overall, talking with Sheri was a helpful and positive experience.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

My matchmaking team has been professional and positive. I look forward to working with them. Given hurricane Irma we were a bit delayed in getting started, but they remained in contact with me and got right back on track! I am confident they will find men that will be a good match for me and me for them.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

First date coaching chat - My team member Sheri, with patience, humor and giving me the feeling she'd done all this before, heard it all before, which I appreciated, asked me about recent date experience, how I was at communicating to my date, how I felt about a next time, made a few suggestions and left it at that. I can handle it!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Service was excellent and professional the coach provided me with detail coaching as it relates to my first date. She was also able to go over the process of It's Just Lunch so that I would be familiar with what to expect. I feel very comfortable doing a session and was able to share my thoughts and feelings with her about my potential experiences.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

This was very helpful. I appreciated Sheri's openness with me and her suggestions, her ideas and her willingness to help me so that I feel comfortable on a first date. She made sure to ask if I had any additional questions and answered all of my questions.

It's Just Lunch! Company Information