4.25/5
Based on 751 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

It's Just Lunch is the world’s Number 1 personalized dating service. At It's Just Lunch we take away the frustration of dating and make it easy for you to meet people worth spending your time with. Our dating specialists handle everything in a personalized and efficient manner... from finding the right matches to making all the arrangements for the date. All you have to do is show up and enjoy meeting someone new.

It's Just Lunch was founded in 1991 and has been helping professional singles around the world find meaningful relationships ever since. With over 150 It's Just Lunch locations worldwide, there is sure to be one near you.

Read More Read More
Last updated: May 24, 2018

4917 It's Just Lunch! Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 24, 2018

My experience with It's Just Lunch has been good so far. Great communication from IJL staff. Pilar ** is very professional and nice to work with. Match dates, seem to be in line with what I'm looking for. The restaurants IJL has chose so far are nice, and casual, and a good choice for first date conversation/interaction.

Get expert buying tips about Matchmaking Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 24, 2018

The It's Just Lunch matching service is easy and fun. They do all the hard work and leave the dating up to me. The personalized service matches me with guys just for me making meeting new people easy and stress free.

Original review: May 24, 2018

Kiana scheduled my date with Steven based on my conversation with her and my profile, I think she did a great job, Steven and I had a great first date and exchanged phone numbers. I will be looking forward to a second date.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I worked with It's Just Lunch over the past 10 months (yes, it took 10 months to get me on 4 dates). The crew at IJL was very polite and professional. The rep assigned to me always listened intently to my feedback and worked hard. There were two issues with my experience: 1) Nashville is a HORRIBLE city for dating in your 30's and it seemed to carry over into the IJL experience. The pool of candidates for a picky, late 30's male is extremely small. 2) The one thing I did not like about IJL, and it's significant, is the women I went on dates with were not paying members and knew very little about me, if anything at all. Seeing as I paid a lot of money for the service, it made me feel kind of like a John and put the women (who were outstanding) in an awkward spot. (Dave Matthews says, "You pay for what you get", ha!)

Overall, I would rate the IJL team with 5 stars on effort and give it a big 2 star deduction for business practices, as far as the whole "paying member seeing a non-paying member" thing goes. If you live in a big city with a super large dating pool, I think IJL would be a great option, if you can afford it. In a smaller city, you need to lower your expectations if you're going to go the IJL route.

Original review: May 22, 2018

The plans for my lunch date were arranged quickly and at a beautiful location. Aleisha took the time to ensure I had a very pleasant experience with a gentleman I could easily hold a conversation with. Moya confirmed the day before and answered any questions I had. Upon hearing the pleasant experience I had, my friend now wants to join.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch?

Original review: May 22, 2018

Recently I have had a very positive experience with IJL. My matchmaker Aleisha is very personable, professional and follows up with any questions or concerns that I have. She has been a pleasure to work with. Thank you Aleisha! I also want to thank Moya as well. She is very sweet!

Original review: May 21, 2018

I have been had a very positive experience with It’s Just Lunch especially since it’s been awhile since I have been in the dating scene. I like the idea of having a no pressure environment with me being able to pick and choose with my dating consultant always in the background checking on how things are going. All good for me with It’s Just Lunch!

Original review: May 19, 2018

Loved that IJL made everything so easy and smooth for its clients especially for someone so new to this experience. IJL staff is well trained and friendly, from coaching to setting up dates know what needs to be done. So in all client service is excellent!

Original review: May 18, 2018

Working with Aleisha and Moya has fundamentally changed my experience meeting a quality lady. They take the time to understand me and help me understand myself, and then take painstaking effort to match me with someone that just clicked! I definitely recommend them!

Original review: May 17, 2018

My date last night was terrific, and Aleisha has done an excellent job of following up. My beginnings with the firm was extremely bad (no date for 3 months), but since she has taken over she has stepped up and then some.

Original review: May 17, 2018

He was very nice & polite & interesting. He was well groomed & seemed at ease. Ran a little bit late but called restaurant to let me know. We exchanged numbers. Will let you know if he calls to see me again.

Original review: May 16, 2018

After being upfront and honest with what I am specifically looking for, my matchmaker has all the tools she needs to find me a perfect match! With each match, Lisa is closer and closer to finding someone I am looking for so truly is listening to me and cares. Now we just need to find that chemistry!

Original review: May 15, 2018

Thanks to all 3 of you! All of you really know what you are doing and IJL works! I have meet my match. I had my first date a week ago today and we connected right away, perfect match for me! We have seen each other almost every day since as he will be away next week and me June 3rd-10th. Perfect to miss each other a little I think. Thanks again for finding my match in life...

Original review: May 14, 2018

I am dissatisfied with this service for the fact that it took forever, there wasn't a ton of communication at first, and the quality of my matches was very poor. I will not be renewing because it's a very expensive membership to not have yielded results. I went on one date and he was really nice but he was outside of a few crucial points I had set in my preferences. I just feel like I spent a lot of money and had nothing to show for it because the talent pool was not vast enough.

Original review: May 14, 2018

It's too early to give a nice review. But everybody there has been really nice and listen to what I want. I don't know what will happen but I'm hoping that I meet the right one and who knows it's exciting.

Original review: May 12, 2018

My experience with It's Just Lunch! was very disappointing. In addition I felt I wasted my money The restrictive policy regarding New York vs New Jersey and Long Island was one person per fee very expensive and does not allow one to find a good match. The matches provided did not give enough information about the person to make a holistic and realistic choice. Finally having to travel a distance rather than a midpoint location left me feeling very disappointed.

Original review: May 12, 2018

Recently, I began seeing It's Just Lunch (IJL) advertising on Fox news. Since I am on vacation and have some time, I decided to share my extremely unsatisfactory experience by writing this review expressing my contempt for this deceptive company; hoping to spare potential future victims. Around 5 years ago, I wish someone would have shared IJL's business model with me so that now I wouldn't be out $** which I may as well have flushed down the toilet. My blood boils every time I am exposed to their deceptive ads; which I know first hand are lies intended to lure you in and rip you off. IJL's prey are busy professional singles with money to spend and willing to take a chance on a company with crafty, well targeted seemingly sincere advertising commercials.

My experience was: I went back and forth for months seeing their commercials and thought what a novel idea! I'm a busy executive, don't go to bars, no one I'm interested in at church, online dating is the same people and it hasn't led to anything... so why not try IJL? After all, it sounded like the perfect way to find someone! Initially, I called several times asking questions before one day the agent informed me of a special deal for $** saving $** and guaranteeing I would go on at least 4 dates over the following year. I decided to go ahead and give it a try. The agent couldn't wait to get my credit card number.

Once I was a paid member, things moved pretty fast and I felt good about my decision. Within a week, a dating counselor set up a time to meet with me face to face and a dating director contacted me by phone as well. That was basically the end of any service from this company. I began to get even more concerned when the only contact from IJL was to inform me I had a new "dating director"... to the best of my recollection, I was informed of 7 different ones over the period of less than one year.

I was sent no matches until almost a year and only after I began to complain about the process. The matches I was sent were nothing like I had requested or consistent with my profile on file... which only added to my buyer's remorse. There was only one date IJL ever informed me they were setting up and later they cancelled before it could take place for the reason the man was untruthful regarding his profile. That was it. IJL never did more than that... never sent more matches and never informed me again of anyone they wanted me to meet.

I do understand not everyone can be easily matched. However, I was a well educated insurance executive in my late 50's, 5'5" size 6; with long dark hair and a former lingerie model. Surely, IJL could have found at least one gentleman fitting the description requested in my profile? At the end of one year I realized IJL either wouldn't or couldn't fulfill their contractual obligation. Therefore, I decided to exercise my refund option as detailed in my contract; which basically said I was entitled to a $** refund ($** less than originally paid due to administrative fees.) A formal refund request letter to IJL was submitted by certified delivery detailing my experience resulting in my dissatisfaction with their service. I received a letter from IJL stating they would not give me a refund... but in so many words, basically they would be happy to do the job they promised they would do in the first place... but never did.

This company makes it very difficult, if not impossible to talk to anyone in authority if you have a problem or want a refund. However, if you want to sign up and give them your hard earned money, you'll have no problem finding someone to take your credit card number. No one is accountable; once they have your money, if you are fortunate enough to find someone to speak with, soon they are gone from the company and you start all over again.

It quickly becomes obvious IJL banks on their victims being too busy and possibly too embarrassed they entrusted a so called matchmaker, that most will not pursue legal remedies and just accept their losses. This company took my money! And offered NOTHING in return. Don't be fooled by a refund protection clause in your contact. You won't get one! $** is still a lot of money to me. I WANT MY MONEY BACK and I'll tell everyone who will listen what this company is really about until I receive the refund I am entitled!

Original review: May 10, 2018

I have recently begun my second endeavor with It's Just Lunch in Dallas and am thrilled with my experience thus far. Debbie takes her time to discuss both my goals and each opportunity with me. She couldn't be more attentive and open to feedback on matches as well. All of my dates have been excellent and I look forward to continuing the process.

Original review: May 10, 2018

I found the experience acceptable in terms of meeting a couple of nice guys and getting me back "out there", but I was not attracted to either of them and did not think we had much in common. I was also disappointed that my first date was with someone who was separated (not actually divorced, and only for 3 months at that). That was not made clear in the profile I read prior to our date. In my interview I specifically stated that I was not at all comfortable dating a guy who is separated. In that sense I feel that the first date was a waste of a lot of time and money. I am taking a break from IJL for the summer, but I would consider trying it again in the future.

Original review: May 8, 2018

This experience was the worst I've ever had with any company. After one date and almost no communication (once every 2-3 months on a six month contract) they would not refund any of my money. When I pressed for more options I was shown more people outside my criteria. I consider this a scam.

Original review: May 8, 2018

My counselor Obed was very responsive and took the time to find out what I’m looking for. He took his time to find candidates for me that would be a good match. I’m currently going out with a nice woman that he found for me.

Original review: May 8, 2018

I enjoyed working with It's Just Lunch. These are professionals. They set me a date according to my priorities and I had a great time. That there was no chemistry with my date is at the core of the dating business. Only when you meet someone, do you know. People might be compatible on all accounts except the fundamental one. Must try again!

Original review: May 7, 2018

I was rushed, could barely get my own comments in as she was talking so much. SHE WAS TALKING OVER MY WORDS. Very unprofessional. This should have been a question then answer forum & instead it was me fighting to get a word in edgewise. She talked too much period. Too much about herself & came off as totally uninterested in my answers. She was very unauthentic.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I joined It's Just Lunch about 3-4 weeks ago and have been on one date. My coordinator set me up with someone who met my expectations. I believe my coordinator knows what I expect, so I'm interested in seeing what my future dates hold.

Original review: May 2, 2018

Everyone has been very responsive since I began. Debbie, my matchmaker seems to really know what I am looking for and is motivated to deliver. I had a great face to face meeting with Andrea as well. Everyone seems very professional and easy to visit with about my dates. It is a very user friendly format.

Original review: May 1, 2018

Hi! Andrea was extremely helpful, patient, and kind! She made my face to face experience very pleasurable. I am very excited to meet the RIGHT man. I have enjoyed meeting everyone with It's Just Lunch. Thank you for your help and advice!

Original review: May 1, 2018

Buyer beware in Phoenix. If I could give no stars I would. There are two IJL's, the before the sale team and the after the sale team. The before the sale team is prompt, courteous, helpful and attentive. The after the sale team... the one you will actually be dealing with, is rude and unethical. Buyer beware.

Original review: May 1, 2018

Over the years, I have used IJL in Chicago & Dallas as well as Miami & I have found it an excellent way to meet very nice women whether it results in just friendship or more without the time hassle and risk of online dating or frequenting bars.

Original review: April 30, 2018

She was very sweet and made me feel comfortable. I was very nervous about the face to face interview, but she put my mind at ease. This process has been a very good experience so far. I hope that I can find someone to spend time with.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I met with Dating Coach Andrea and she was great! She was informative, engaging and humorous. She made this phase of the process very comfortable. If you get to work with her, you will have a positive experience. Thank you Andrea.

It's Just Lunch expert review by Mark Brooks

It's Just Lunch! is a matchmaking service that caters to professionals who would like to meet over lunch or drinks. This service has over 23 years of matchmaking experience.

• Uses professional matchmakers: Rather than leaving meetings up to chance, matchmakers meet with users for a confidential interview. They then match users based on the information discussed during this meeting.

• All matches take place at partner restaurants: It's Just Lunch! sets up dates at local restaurants they are partnered with, taking the stress out of deciding where to have the first date.

• Focus on privacy: Prior to the first meeting, users are only given their date's first name, description and reason why the matchmaker thinks the date will work out.

• Users can give feedback on every date: Whether a date works out or it is a dud, matchmakers want to hear what happened and follow up after every date to fine tune the dating process based on the user's experience.

• Matchmakers can be found worldwide: No matter where users are in the world, they can make a date through It's Just Lunch!

• Best for: People seeking a long-term relationship, people with hectic schedules and people new to the area.

Profile picture of Mark Brooks
Mark Brooks

Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

It's Just Lunch! Company Information