Accredited Partner

It's Just Lunch!

It's Just Lunch!
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.31/5

It's Just Lunch is a personalized matchmaking service that caters to busy professionals looking for meaningful relationships in more than 110 U.S. cities as well as cities in Canada, the UK, Ireland and Australia. Matchmakers get to know members and use their dating preferences and relationship history to select matches. It's Just Lunch makes all the arrangements for comfortable and safe face-to-face dates, including the time and place. All members have to do is show up ready to meet their match. Potential pairs meet over lunch or after work for drinks.

BOTTOM LINE

It’s Just Lunch offers an alternative to online dating apps with its personalized matchmaking services. You work one-on-one with a matchmaker who finds potential matches for you and sets up the date.

PROS

• Guaranteed face-to-face dates
  • Free onboarding interview
  • Customized membership plans
  • Fully confidential

CONS

• Lengthy process
  • Can be pricey

Top It's Just Lunch! Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch?

My experience with IJL has been positive so far. I felt like my dating specialist, Susan, and matchmaker, Obed, have really taken time to get to know me and what I'm looking for in a match. I'm looking forward to continuing to work with them in the future!

Marisol is amazing. She is always cheerful and professional. She makes sure that she follows up and is in touch constantly, most importantly she listens. I also appreciate her speed and responsiveness. I really appreciate working with her, she always keeps her word.

What is It’s Just Lunch?

It’s Just Lunch is a matchmaking service that pairs people based on their interests and relationship history. The company’s matchmakers set up a meeting place, typically for lunch or after-work drinks, for the couples to meet.

If you’re interested in joining It’s Just Lunch, you can either fill out a registration form on the company’s website or call for more information. You will go through a free onboarding interview process.

In the 30-minute interview, a dating specialist explains how the service works and asks you about your interests and values and what you’re looking for in a potential date. At the end of the call, the dating specialist offers you membership packages based on the number of dates you want to go on.

How does It’s Just Lunch work?

Once you sign up with It’s Just Lunch, you’re paired with a matchmaker. Your matchmaker spends time getting to know you, your dating history, your preferences and anything else important to your dating goals. At that time, your matchmaker collects payment and begins looking for potential matches.

Your matchmaker shows you photos and information about your potential matches and shares your photo and interests with them. Names and contact information are kept private. Once there’s a mutual match, your matchmaker communicates with your match to set up a first date at a restaurant, bar or cafe.

After the date is confirmed, your matchmaker lets you know where to meet and when. After the date, your matchmaker contacts you to discuss how it went. From there, they’ll set up another date with the same person or a new date with another potential match.

How much does It’s Just Lunch cost?

The cost of It’s Just Lunch varies based on the city you live in, how many dates you’d like to go on and your contract length. It’s Just Lunch doesn’t list prices on its website — membership packages are personalized to your preferences.

Your matchmaker goes over pricing and the packages you can choose from at your onboarding interview. Previous members say the cost typically ranges between $1,000 and $4,000, but $2,000 is the average price.

It’s Just Lunch FAQ

Who owns It’s Just Lunch?
It’s Just Lunch operates as a franchise. Each city has its own staff.
How much does It’s Just Lunch cost in Canada?
The cost of It’s Just Lunch in Canada varies based on which of the six locations — Calgary, Edmonton, The Okanagan, Vancouver, Victoria and Toronto — you live in and how many dates you sign up for.
Does It’s Just Lunch have multiple plans?
Yes, It’s Just Lunch has multiple plans. Plans are customized to each member and vary by the minimum guaranteed number of dates.
Is It’s Just Lunch free?
No, It’s Just Lunch is a paid matchmaking service. A typical membership costs between $2,000 and $4,000, depending on the member’s location, the number of dates a member wants to go on and other factors.

Does It’s Just Lunch work?

Yes, It’s Just Lunch works. The company has helped people go on more than 2 million first dates, with some leading to long, happy relationships and marriages. Matchmakers do all of the work for you, so all you have to do is show up. Plus, the people you meet through It’s Just Lunch are also looking for a relationship, which isn’t always the case with dating apps and other online dating services.

It's Just Lunch! Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch!?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch?

Original review: July 22, 2020

I joined IJL because I recently turned 70 and knew it was time to get serious about finding a relationship. A friend of a friend of mine met her soulmate, whom she married, through IJL and I thought that was a great recommendation. My salesperson (Robyn) was great: very friendly and engaging and helped me through the process of getting started. Although my first matchmaker and I were not a good match, I was then connected with Alma, who is wonderful! (And, I truly appreciate that IJL is very receptive to ensuring that you and your matchmaker are a good fit!)

Alma and I have spoken on several occasions and she is really getting to know me and what I'm looking for in a relationship. She is understanding, non-judgmental, easy to talk to, and most of importantly, a very good listener! She truly hears me when I tell her what is important to me, both in what I want and in what I don't. Although we are in the midst of a pandemic, I am very excited about the virtual dating option. I'm dating in the Philadelphia market but with virtual dating I have expanded into the New York City area.

I had my first virtual date last weekend and Alma was spot on! She had eliminated several possibilities as she believed they would not be good matches for me. But the match she sent to me shows that she knows me and who I'm looking for. He and I had a lovely first conversation, connected on several levels, exchanged contact info, and are hoping to meet soon, in a safe environment, observing all social distancing protocol. So, we'll see. Thank you, IJL! Thank you, Alma!

Get buying tips about Matchmaking Services delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: June 9, 2020

Sometimes we all need help in one category or another. The saying, “strength in numbers,” is a fact in this case. With love being such a powerful energy source, if not the most can be a bit intimidating. It’s not a bad idea to have extra hands. Especially after recent years of adding in poor judgement in those younger years that only made a terrible recipe of doubt to follow in those current years of the very thought of companionship. Ever.

Life goes on and sometime later I had the privilege of watching one of the most beautiful forms of a loving relationship I’ve ever witnessed. When inquiring about her story she didn’t hesitate to talk about IJL! Being skeptical I remained watchful. A short time later I’m skimming through a Delta SkyMile magazine only to read an article about IJL. A sign maybe? Finally, years later, I reach out to IJL out of pure curiosity, an open mind, and here I am today. I can not shout loud enough to the rooftops of my matchmaker Alma G! It takes a special kind of person to be a matchmaker. Alma is that special person! She is the very BEST!

Sincerely Grateful,

April B

Original review: May 19, 2020

I began my IJL experience extremely disheartened because I was matched with a few matchmakers who weren't a good fit for me and didn't get what I was looking for or seem invested in me finding love, but that all changed when I was transferred to Sheri. She's like the best friend you wish you had in that she gets to know you and what you're looking for and peps you up and is also realistic with you. She's been extremely communicative and committed and has matched me twice so far, both with guys who fit my specifications and were really fun to talk to. It's been a little weird because I signed up prior to COVID and am now doing virtual dating but she has been working just as hard and I'm confident that, with her as my wingwoman, I'll find love in no time.

I gave my overall rating as a 4 because prior to getting matched with Sheri, I'd have given IJL a 2. It was rough! But she's exceptional - 10 stars out of 5 - and has made it all worthwhile. I would say, if you sign up with the company, find out who you'll be working with and see if you can have a say in who your matchmaker is because Sheri is the best and I know without her I'd still be discouraged and wouldn't be making progress. Good luck in your dating search!

Original review: March 18, 2020

“It’s Just Lunch” is a paid matching making service and I’ll be the first to tell you that I wasn’t quite sure what to expect when I signed up. I’ve never used a matching making service before, but I turned to this option after several discouraging experiences with dating apps including Hinge and Bumble. What dating apps don’t tell you is that using them has to become at least a part time job, swiping through endless profiles, hoping to find someone with similar interests, then setting up the date (I guess because I’m a guy and girls don’t feel like they should make dating suggestions), only to be judged and treated like a number or an inconvenience with an arrogant date.

Upon signing up for “It’s Just Lunch” and paying the fee, I felt like I was listened to and feedback and advice from the matchmakers was always insightful and helpful. I was assigned to Sheri, N executive matchmaker who has been very polite, relaxed, patient and helpful with me as we navigate the personal matchmaking experience together. Trust me when I tell you that paying a matchmaker service to do all “the work” of dating for you, they pick a serious match who’s looking for the exact same things, they set up the first date, AND someone like Sheri willingly offers great coaching and advice if you’re willing to be humble and listen. It’s truly a great experience and I thank Sheri personally and the “It’s Just Lunch” team for taking my concerns and interests seriously and leading me through this new experience.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I signed the IJL contract on 11/7/19 after Faith had been very patient with my long list of questions over several phone calls. On 11/12/19, I was contacted by Udonna, who is supervised by Melissa, who was my assigned matchmaker. I was looking for a match in the East Tennessee area, mainly in the Knoxville area. After Udonna asked several pertinent questions, she explained the IJL program in more detail. Udonna asked specific questions about my preferences and fully explained the dating protocol. On 11/13/19, Udonna called and had a match. Due to our schedules, we were not able to coordinate a date until 11/20/19.

I found my date to be exactly as described and pictured by IJL. We had a lovely dinner and talked non-stop for two hours. There was never an awkward lull in the conversation, and I think both were surprised at how many similarities we shared. We jointly decided by the end of dinner that we would like to date again, and both are anxious for our next adventure. We have communicated several times already, and everything seems to be moving naturally. Udonna has provided great support and advice "straight out of the gate". At this point, I'm very impressed.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

My match maker Jake set up three dates for me. 1st was all right, second was spot on, no need for number 3, so cancelled it. Number 2 and I had a 3 hour dinner and Then a 5 hour lunch the following day. We have a lot in common and think we may have a relationship possibility. We will meet next Thursday and Friday To see what our possibilities are and next steps will be. Jake did a fantastic job for us.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

A big high five and kudos to Debbie. She is amazing and does an excellent job setting me up on dates, follow up, friendliness and more. I am Very please with your service and especially Debbie. Also she knows my type and is able to set me up with women that meet my preferences.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

Overall good service although prefer more frequent contact. Debbie has been terrific and is very accommodating. The only downside was one of the date venues was actually not open so we had to go somewhere else but made for a nice story. Debbie is great.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

My consultant was friendly and helpful. Her matches so far have been appropriate and I have enjoyed the experience. I have liked the people I have been matched with and will continue working with the team at It's Just Lunch.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

Debbie is open and good at guiding me through the process of how It’s Just Lunch works. She has listened to and addressed an issue with scheduling. I have just started with the company but anticipate that she will continue to be a great source of help.

It's Just Lunch! Company Information