Accredited Partner

It's Just Lunch!

It's Just Lunch!
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.15/5

It's Just Lunch is the world’s Number 1 personalized dating service. At It's Just Lunch we take away the frustration of dating and make it easy for you to meet people worth spending your time with. Our dating specialists handle everything in a personalized and efficient manner... from finding the right matches to making all the arrangements for the date. All you have to do is show up and enjoy meeting someone new.

It's Just Lunch was founded in 1991 and has been helping professional singles around the world find meaningful relationships ever since. With over 150 It's Just Lunch locations worldwide, there is sure to be one near you.

View More View More

It's Just Lunch! Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: March 18, 2020

“It’s Just Lunch” is a paid matching making service and I’ll be the first to tell you that I wasn’t quite sure what to expect when I signed up. I’ve never used a matching making service before, but I turned to this option after several discouraging experiences with dating apps including Hinge and Bumble. What dating apps don’t tell you is that using them has to become at least a part time job, swiping through endless profiles, hoping to find someone with similar interests, then setting up the date (I guess because I’m a guy and girls don’t feel like they should make dating suggestions), only to be judged and treated like a number or an inconvenience with an arrogant date.

Upon signing up for “It’s Just Lunch” and paying the fee, I felt like I was listened to and feedback and advice from the matchmakers was always insightful and helpful. I was assigned to Sheri, N executive matchmaker who has been very polite, relaxed, patient and helpful with me as we navigate the personal matchmaking experience together. Trust me when I tell you that paying a matchmaker service to do all “the work” of dating for you, they pick a serious match who’s looking for the exact same things, they set up the first date, AND someone like Sheri willingly offers great coaching and advice if you’re willing to be humble and listen. It’s truly a great experience and I thank Sheri personally and the “It’s Just Lunch” team for taking my concerns and interests seriously and leading me through this new experience.

Get expert buying tips about Matchmaking Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 2, 2020

Finding yourself in the single scene after so many years of not being single, the thought of dating again was overwhelming. Didn't want to use an app or impersonal program. But the desire to have a special companion and the possibility to continue together was a stronger desire. From a recommendation of a friend, I found It's Just Lunch. Katie and Monique were wonderful and personal with all the information and questions answered. No question was too small for them! And then my first match came! A bit nervous but keeping in mind, it's just lunch and conversation between 2 adults. The match was excellent. We had such a lovely afternoon together over brunch - amazing to learn how much we had in common and interests we shared. And a lot of laughter! Three hours later, we said "See ya soon"! Thank you Monique and Katie for getting me started on this journey!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I signed the IJL contract on 11/7/19 after Faith had been very patient with my long list of questions over several phone calls. On 11/12/19, I was contacted by Udonna, who is supervised by Melissa, who was my assigned matchmaker. I was looking for a match in the East Tennessee area, mainly in the Knoxville area. After Udonna asked several pertinent questions, she explained the IJL program in more detail. Udonna asked specific questions about my preferences and fully explained the dating protocol. On 11/13/19, Udonna called and had a match. Due to our schedules, we were not able to coordinate a date until 11/20/19.

I found my date to be exactly as described and pictured by IJL. We had a lovely dinner and talked non-stop for two hours. There was never an awkward lull in the conversation, and I think both were surprised at how many similarities we shared. We jointly decided by the end of dinner that we would like to date again, and both are anxious for our next adventure. We have communicated several times already, and everything seems to be moving naturally. Udonna has provided great support and advice "straight out of the gate". At this point, I'm very impressed.

Original review: June 26, 2019

I invested in myself and signed up for IJL a few months ago. Had a fabulous experience from beginning to end. Beginning, I was speaking to Kate, who asked me all of the original interview questions to get to know me better. At that first set of calls, I decided to wait on joining. I heard from Kate a couple more times over the next few months, and after speaking with her again, I decided to pay my fee and join. I was then speaking with Dominique, who was thorough, asked me more questions to get to know me and my interests more, and was my "coach" for the rest of the time. My first date was just ok, but looked good on paper. About a month later I was set up on another date with a guy named Barry, and after 5 dates, I am with him, I adore him, he adores me, we are taking it slow, and do not want to date anyone else. Excellent service, loved everyone I spoke to from IJL, and I couldn't be happier.

Original review: June 15, 2019

Hi everyone, Wanted to pass on some highlights for It's Just Lunch. Here are some pros and cons: *Admin note - my background: male, no kids, been with IJL for a year and a half.

Pros:

- Was impressed with the organization as a whole to match someone up with another person's QUALITIES. That IS a bit rare.

- I really think they DID match me up with what I was looking for in someone. Will admit- think the qualities a woman would be looking for in a man would be similar to (close to, but not always the same as) the qualities a man is looking for in a woman, so admittedly my case is probably different.

*e.g.- Not too long ago I gave some different feedback in what I was looking for in someone. a) At first I thought I wanted someone 'exciting', like a Ghost of Christmas Present haha; b) then I thought I wanted someone a little bit calmer; c) and now I think I can say I'm looking for someone in between, ie someone exciting but still patient and emotionally understanding.

The 'directors' WERE able to take my feedback each time and find some people who had those qualities. I still think that was pretty rare, and they did deliver.

Cons:

- Main theme - All offers in this organization are handled over the phone. I haven't seen ANY prices listed ANYWHERE on any sites for how much the program is. I understand some of the categories or criteria may be different, (ie gender, if you have kids, income, age, do you WANT someone with kids, etc) so everyone has a different set of circumstances, but still. I was a little surprised to not see ANY prices given. (I knew this was going to be an expensive program, and it is, but it would be beneficial to have at least SOMETHING listed on the website, ie how much coaching sessions are.)

*Areas for improvement (true for any organization) - Short version for me is I started off working with matchmakers in a local 'field office'. A few months ago I was switched to a national-level matchmaker in a completely different part of the country (Debbie, see below). Wasn't really a problem, but it did catch me a bit off guard. Kinda missed the personal face-to-face feeling of knowing I was talking with someone locally (ie someone who knows the local area, can say it's raining here and it's raining there too haha).

Longer version (spoilers) - Some of those field offices tried roping me into 'high pressure sales tactics' with higher-paid offers over the phone, saying "I need this right now." - I accepted the first offer, and I'm still glad I did. - A year later, I had someone try to get me to agree to a higher offer, and I had only 30 mins to agree to it. (Debbie has since told me she does not use high pressure sales tactics, and I believe her. More on her at the end.) - To this day I wish I would have told them I would think about it over the weekend and would get back with them on Monday. Maybe I should be grateful- I'm a stronger person for it now!

*I'm still kind of curious to see if an 'annual renewal' offer will be e-mailed out several weeks ahead of time, or will only be via phone like the last one was.

Bottom line - I think this organization is worth it. I take responsibility for my actions, past and present. 1. I would think AHEAD of time about what you would be willing to pay for different levels of services. (I'm a quiet guy, so this organization did help me quite a bit. Would not have met some just PERFECT women if not for IJL. They said no tho haha.) 2. I do think a relationship with your director is important. 3. Finally, I would also be aware of any time-sensitive offers over the phone. Would recommend telling them you'll need a few days to think about it and I would stick to that, no matter how upset or demanding they are haha. Those are my thoughts and my opinions!

*About Debbie - She is a very determined, strong-willed, straightforward and even indifferent person. Very professional, very assertive, very energetic & enthusiastic. Almost like an agent in sports. I do think she has produced results. I was perhaps skeptical at first, mainly because I had no idea I was being transferred to her, but my experiences with her in the past few months have been nothing but positive! Felt like I had Kevin O'Leary from Shark Tank working for me haha.

- I liked that line "you are responsible for what you write" hahaha.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch?

Original review: March 27, 2020

I tried an alternate dating platform in the past. My matchmaker there was an awesome person, but 5 out of 6 dates were complete weirdos. My second date with IJL was a great! My matchmaker listened to what I was looking for and delivered. I’m glad I didn’t let discouragement keep me from trying again.

Original review: March 25, 2020

Amber has done an amazing job! I feel like she heard me and what my needs were met. Thank you for all you do! I met a really special person from your service and I am so grateful and happy with my first and only match. Amber has been professional and easily accessible during this process.

Original review: March 22, 2020

Wanted to give a review on my Matchmaker Monique. She has been wonderful! She was very patient with me because I can be picky, very respectful of my criteria and concerns, very understanding and empathetic of some of the personal circumstances I had come up recently. She’s very good at her job, I believe she’s a wonderful asset to your company. As far as IJL goes, I do wish there were more matches, a larger pool so to speak. That’s not a reflection on Monique in any way. Just my comment about IJL in general as far as enrollments. I don’t have regrets joining, in fact I have recommended you to several of my friends.

Original review: March 21, 2020

So far I've only been on one date but it's been really good so far. I just hope to find someone that I am truly attracted to. Maybe instead of just showing one potential match show three instead? That way the client has options to choose from...

Original review: March 19, 2020

Obed has been very attentive and detailed 2 finding the perfect match. Pleasure to work with and very responsive! I feel very confident that he puts a lot of thought and effort into the matches he puts together! I highly recommend It's Just Lunch and I am sure that Obed will be the one to me in touch with my true love!

It's Just Lunch expert review by Mark Brooks

It's Just Lunch! is a matchmaking service that caters to professionals who would like to meet over lunch or drinks. This service has over 23 years of matchmaking experience.

• Uses professional matchmakers: Rather than leaving meetings up to chance, matchmakers meet with users for a confidential interview. They then match users based on the information discussed during this meeting.

• All matches take place at partner restaurants: It's Just Lunch! sets up dates at local restaurants they are partnered with, taking the stress out of deciding where to have the first date.

• Focus on privacy: Prior to the first meeting, users are only given their date's first name, description and reason why the matchmaker thinks the date will work out.

• Users can give feedback on every date: Whether a date works out or it is a dud, matchmakers want to hear what happened and follow up after every date to fine tune the dating process based on the user's experience.

• Matchmakers can be found worldwide: No matter where users are in the world, they can make a date through It's Just Lunch!

• Best for: People seeking a long-term relationship, people with hectic schedules and people new to the area.

by Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

It's Just Lunch! Company Information

It's Just Lunch
    www.itsjustlunch.com

Get the news you need delivered to you

Sign up to receive our free weekly newsletter. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.

You’re signed up

We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.