It's Just Lunch!
4.14/5

It's Just Lunch!

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

It's Just Lunch is the world’s Number 1 personalized dating service. At It's Just Lunch we take away the frustration of dating and make it easy for you to meet people worth spending your time with. Our dating specialists handle everything in a personalized and efficient manner... from finding the right matches to making all the arrangements for the date. All you have to do is show up and enjoy meeting someone new.

It's Just Lunch was founded in 1991 and has been helping professional singles around the world find meaningful relationships ever since. With over 150 It's Just Lunch locations worldwide, there is sure to be one near you.

View More View More

5300 It's Just Lunch! Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

In the year that I have been a member, I have had only one match. The match was pleasant but the gentleman was IJL's "Go TO" person for my geographical area. He was not a good match for me. After the first 6 months were up and there had been no other activity (not even an email), I tried to cancel and get some of my money refunded. READ THE CONTRACT carefully. IJL's obligation is to find you 4 matches within the first 6 months, but there is no end date for IJL. There is no way to get a refund on your investment if IJL does not come through for you.

In the year's time, I have had one 30-minute interview with the salesperson that sold me the 6-month subscription. Then I had one video interview to make sure I was who I said I was. I had another 15-minute coaching session. Subsequently I have had 3 emails assuring me that they are working on my match (August, October and December). NO MATCH. Although I have been told I am very attractive, active, and interesting, IJL has not found anyone for me. PLEASE BE CAREFUL BEFORE SIGNING THE CONTRACT. I would NOT recommend this dating service for anyone over 70, or even 65.

Get expert buying tips about Matchmaking Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

So far, I have a new friend. Feels good. She is a good smart woman. Glad I have met her. Taking it one step at a time. Thank you for introducing me to her. I am seeing her this week. This will be 4 times we have seen each other.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Aleisha is amazing! As a high-value woman in search for a high-value man, Aleisha searched high and low to find a match that met my situation. Time was not important to her, the quality of the match was uppermost in her considerations. She took the time to get to know me, checked in from time to time to let me know that she was still looking. She astutely matched my every criteria! Amazing. The date location met our eating requirements. IJL helped me to meet a high-value man, for sure!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I have used 3 service times costing me a total of $**. To be honest the first round of matches they gave me were not anywhere near the matches I was looking for based on the info I gave. My dating coordinator Aleisha **, after several call, convinced to try again which I did. The match was good but to no fault of IJL it didn't workout.

After several calls Aleisha ** convinced me to try again for a 3rd time. She sweet talked me and assured me there was a LARGE pool of matches in the Albany NY are for me. Prior to charging my card she was nice and very easy to get ahold and very very responsive but that all changed after I was on my new matches. The first match took a few weeks and the 2nd one took a few more weeks. I didn't like either of the first 2 and finally after SEVERAL non returned calls and email requesting my 3rd match. I wrote to her requesting a refund - within 10 m minutes of that email I received my 3rd match who was completely NOTHING like my match info.

I wrote he again asking to speak with a manager and a day later I was told someone would contact me with 48 hours... that was 8 days ago and still NO call. Bottom line is Aleshia ** is great when she is looking to make the sale but once made she turns into a rude non responsive for IJL. I will file a claim to the NY Attorney General. This place is a SCAM as far as I am concerned in my area. STAY AWAY - The hope for love made me vulnerable and they are trained on how to take advantage of you. If I could give IJL & Aleisha ** MINUS 5 STARS I would. Just a pure rip off. Best of luck to all.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Had a better than expected date with a cute girl. Found some things in common and made the date go well on my end. Would like a girl more on the geeky side for the next date. I found having a Christian female also helped the conversation and atmosphere.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Dahlia found a great match for me. He lives downtown, we have the same center of interest, he has exactly the personality I was looking for. Unfortunately, he has not called me. So I am going to go on another date and hopefully D. will still be in charge.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

After just basically signing up for this online matching/dating service, but not using their services in any meaningful way (and meeting my soulmate independently in the interim), I tried to get a refund. No such luck! They have a no refund policy, and I apparently forfeited the whole $**. I am not a litigious/difficult person at all, but this kind of unethical behaviour is so totally unacceptable that one cannot leave this unsaid, and consumers need to be aware of this.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I joined IJL around December 20th, my counselor is Obed, I had a positive experience so far. Obed has been very professional, detailed in asking me what I am looking for, been available when I needed to talk to him. Great so far working with him.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I joined IJL as a last-ditch effort to find a life partner after using just about every other online dating service available - Match, eHarmony, OKCupid, Tinder, Coffee Meets Bagel, etc. I was skeptical at first, but I worked with Debbie ** and my first date with IJL was already significantly higher quality than the overwhelming majority of dates I have been on over the past decade with the other match services. We appeared to match on all of our major and important values and shared a lot of common interests. He seemed very genuine and well-vetted by IJL. I look forward to working with IJL going forward!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Date chosen for me was ok. He was pre-occupied with work during the date, and very one-sided in his political views. The restaurant was not good, plus had to use valet parking @ $22. The matchmakers have been great, hoping the next match is a true match.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Having fun texting about her new job and my clients. We have business in common and are discussing travels to National Parks and hiking. No children in common and are similar in staying in shape. We have gone on three dates and haven’t gotten into food fight yet.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I can see why we were matched and she was very pretty in my book. The date was fun but, the cost of dinner and 3 drinks each was $201 so I told IJL that I didn't want to attend that restaurant next time. I can only give a review based on one date and I have no idea if this will turn into something lasting so we will have to see how things go past the 1 date and if IJL will make the changes for the next girl I meet.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Had one date and looking forward to more matches! Screening is awesome and matchmaker really listened to what I was looking and I am optimistic about them being able to translate my needs in that perfect someone who will be able to make my eyes sparkle at the sight of them. I know he;s out there somewhere and have confidence in the abilities of my matchmaker to be able to link us together.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I certainly would recommend It's Just Lunch; As long as they can continue to set-up dates and just "hold" their end, nothing more can be expected; Yes, it it pricey, however, their staff, at least for me, are aware that "strikeouts" are part of the game; Also, It's Just Lunch have dating coaches especially for someone who has not been in this arena for a while. Finally, It's Just Worth Trying!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I’m just starting out with this company but so far they have been very professional, courteous, helpful and supportive. Kimberli, my dating coach has really gone the extra mile for me. My first dating experience just happened and was very positive.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I had a very pleasant first date with Joyce. Aleisha, my matchmaker, did an excellent job in the steering me towards Joyce. I was a little Nestlé hesitant, but Aleisha did a really good job and convinced me to go on the date; I’m very glad I did.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I enrolled in the IJL service because I had no patience to weed through all the problems of internet-based. The entire team was incredibly professional from start to finish. I want to particularly acknowledge Natalie as the matchmaker. I think I gave her quite the challenge with my diverse set of interests. She initially struggled I think to find a match, but at the last minute came up with gold when Gina joined. Gina and I met and are very happy and excited with where this all could lead. Thanks so much IJL team.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

My experience with IJL surpassed my expectations from the start. Very professional and great customer service. They were very responsive and did a really great job at finding my match. Our first date was one week ago and we have already seen each other 4 times and have decided to exclusively date. I would definitely recommend IJL to anyone and everyone!!!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

When I first called the woman told me about all of these successful, established, distinguished, handsome men that they had available to me. She only told me about the $** level, so I didn’t know there were different options. I had 4 dates, the 1st one had some health problems that I wasn’t able to deal with (my husband died from a serious illness). The 2nd one canceled our 1st date because he was too tired and about fell asleep on our 2nd! My 3rd Date only talked about money and how expensive everything is. My 4th date lives with his mom, has no job and cleans a dance studio in exchange for dance lessons!

2 of the 4 told me they didn’t have to pay for it, that It's Just Lunch called them and asked them to go. (They were previous customers.) I think they had no one in my area and pulled these guys from wherever they could find them! After the second date, I said I wanted my money back, to no avail. Then at the end I let her know my feelings and how disgusted and ripped off I felt but she wouldn’t refund any of my money. Total rip off! They will lie to you just to get your money.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I signed with IJL at end of the May of 2018. Customer service was promising me that they have already a few men in mind while was talking to me on the phone at the first time. I paid a full price once and it’s a $ 2.5k. I am single Mom and it’s a month of Living money. Today is end of the December and I Still get nothing. One guy canceled a few hour before the meeting, another one didn’t show up at all. Third one came just to have lunch with no intention for something more serious. I was trying to reach the manager and ask about refund but they said that I still have 2.5 years (4 dates or 3 years membership). Horrible service. I live in Los Angeles and they don’t have match for me at all. I can’t get my money back but I want to let people know that it’s a scam. I am going to write to BBB as well.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I truly enjoyed the date. Lisa did an awesome job in connecting me with a "Like Minded" person. There will be a second date coming after the New Year. I look forward to continuing my search with IJL. They are a very professional entity and have the best interests of both clients in mind.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I am an IJL client for eight months and can say that my personal matchmaker Kaila and coordinator Krystyl have really tried to find a woman whom I like. Step by step they fine tuned their search until on the fourth date I was happy to see what I was looking for. I had a very stringent criteria and didn't had too much hope in their success, but against all odds they did a great job. I am very grateful for their efforts.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

My experience has been great from the start. I felt like the matchmakers at IJL have been attentive and really took the time to get to know me. Aleisha and Krystyl have followed up and checked in without any prompting needed. They have also been professional and supportive. I will look forward to continuing to work with them. An investment well worth it.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

It’s Just Lunch helps to take the guesswork out of online dating and makes it much simpler for a busy professional. Aleisha and Krystle have been helpful with setting up the dates and providing pertinent information for each one. Overall, this service has helped me to meet some new people and hopefully the one.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I signed up over a year ago and I am still yet to go on one single date. For over 6 months they had the wrong criteria for what I was searching for. I only found this out after chasing them for an update and when I complained. The personal one to one service is non-existent. They will not contact you or keep you updated with their progress unless you repeatedly ask them to do so. I have asked for a refund several times and they keep refusing. They will not say why, they just say that a refund will not be possible. I have had enough. I feel I have been more than patient and I am planning to report them to their regulatory body. Shameful scam!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I have had two dates so far and everything is top notch. The restaurants and people have been high quality. I like the personal attention in refining my needs and am confident they will find my next wife. I am really looking forward to my next date.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I joined in the summer and was excited about this new adventure. I received a first match within weeks and all was good. I quickly grew disappointed and frustrated with the lack of attention and caring I received from my matchmakers. On 3 occasions I was matched with gentlemen who did not meet my criteria. As a matter of fact they each had a "deal breaker" in their bio. I turned down 2 dates because of this. The 3rd one slipped by me and I wasted a date because he also contained a "deal breaker" i.e. young children. I was told that my criteria was only a preference so I asked why they call it a "deal breaker" in the interview. It would have been fine if they had been upfront with me and disclosed the information. I would have at least been given an opportunity to accept or decline.

After this experience I grew wary. After one month of hearing nothing I reached out only to be told they were reviewing my feedback. Well, it's now been another month and I have heard nothing. My matchmakers come across very disinterested in me and that was evident from the beginning. However, they were very friendly and eager to get my money. I am shocked at the lack of professionalism and customer care. I would never recommend It's Just Lunch! It's been a very frustrating experience. I have high expectations when it comes to running a business and customer service. I wonder if those at the top have any idea what's really going on. When I researched the company I discovered it's nearly impossible to reach anyone to even file a complaint. So here I am still waiting to hear something...

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

A delightful lunch -- 2 hours long!! Really did enjoy meeting my JFL date and hearing all about her. Working on a follow-up date!! Erika did a good job for the initial date!! So far so good. We shall see how things go after the holidays!!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I went back and forth for a while before I signed up. Read reviews and then decided to take a leap of faith and sign up based on their promises of at least four good quality dates that I didn't have to manage. I signed up four months ago and this is what I have experienced: Received a match fairly quickly-two to three weeks - but then it got cancelled. Then rescheduled two more times, two to three weeks out each time then cancelled at the last minute. This date never happened. Three to four weeks later, another match which I wasn't excited about but you only get two passes before they count as a date, so I agreed. The date got cancelled at the last minute. Date didn't happen.

Finally, after many email exchanges with my complaints and my request for a refund, they presented a match, which again I wasn't excited about, but agreed. Got to the restaurant and there was no reservation. Thankfully, the restaurant accommodated and sat us. The date was okay, but I could have found this match online for free. That was a month ago, no other activity since. When I email or call, a generic email return is sent, such as "We are looking for a date. We'll get back to you soon..."

I wish I had never signed up. You can do better online. You will spend as much time managing this service as you would looking online yourself. Also, all of these reviews are from the very beginning of your subscription. They send links for you to review them within a day or week of signing up - long before you have time to experience their service!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I'm on my 2nd renewal with It's Just Lunch, needless to say haven't found my one. When I first joined it didn't appear to be many men in my area or those that met what I was looking for. My first match in this 2nd round was a really nice man, unfortunately he had 2 young children - I'm a bit older so not looking for that type of relationship. I think IJL can be a powerful avenue to meet your match, but it's hard if you're not familiar with locations, geography, but I truly enjoy working with my matchmakers. Alesiha & Krystal understands what type of man/match I'm looking for.

It's Just Lunch expert review by Mark Brooks

It's Just Lunch! is a matchmaking service that caters to professionals who would like to meet over lunch or drinks. This service has over 23 years of matchmaking experience.

• Uses professional matchmakers: Rather than leaving meetings up to chance, matchmakers meet with users for a confidential interview. They then match users based on the information discussed during this meeting.

• All matches take place at partner restaurants: It's Just Lunch! sets up dates at local restaurants they are partnered with, taking the stress out of deciding where to have the first date.

• Focus on privacy: Prior to the first meeting, users are only given their date's first name, description and reason why the matchmaker thinks the date will work out.

• Users can give feedback on every date: Whether a date works out or it is a dud, matchmakers want to hear what happened and follow up after every date to fine tune the dating process based on the user's experience.

• Matchmakers can be found worldwide: No matter where users are in the world, they can make a date through It's Just Lunch!

• Best for: People seeking a long-term relationship, people with hectic schedules and people new to the area.

Profile picture of Mark Brooks
Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

It's Just Lunch! Company Information