ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

It's Just Lunch!

It's Just Lunch!
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.03/5

It's Just Lunch is the world’s Number 1 personalized dating service. At It's Just Lunch we take away the frustration of dating and make it easy for you to meet people worth spending your time with. Our dating specialists handle everything in a personalized and efficient manner... from finding the right matches to making all the arrangements for the date. All you have to do is show up and enjoy meeting someone new.

It's Just Lunch was founded in 1991 and has been helping professional singles around the world find meaningful relationships ever since. With over 150 It's Just Lunch locations worldwide, there is sure to be one near you.

View More View More

It's Just Lunch! Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I signed the IJL contract on 11/7/19 after Faith had been very patient with my long list of questions over several phone calls. On 11/12/19, I was contacted by Udonna, who is supervised by Melissa, who was my assigned matchmaker. I was looking for a match in the East Tennessee area, mainly in the Knoxville area. After Udonna asked several pertinent questions, she explained the IJL program in more detail. Udonna asked specific questions about my preferences and fully explained the dating protocol. On 11/13/19, Udonna called and had a match. Due to our schedules, we were not able to coordinate a date until 11/20/19.

I found my date to be exactly as described and pictured by IJL. We had a lovely dinner and talked non-stop for two hours. There was never an awkward lull in the conversation, and I think both were surprised at how many similarities we shared. We jointly decided by the end of dinner that we would like to date again, and both are anxious for our next adventure. We have communicated several times already, and everything seems to be moving naturally. Udonna has provided great support and advice "straight out of the gate". At this point, I'm very impressed.

Get expert buying tips about Matchmaking Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 26, 2019

I invested in myself and signed up for IJL a few months ago. Had a fabulous experience from beginning to end. Beginning, I was speaking to Kate, who asked me all of the original interview questions to get to know me better. At that first set of calls, I decided to wait on joining. I heard from Kate a couple more times over the next few months, and after speaking with her again, I decided to pay my fee and join. I was then speaking with Dominique, who was thorough, asked me more questions to get to know me and my interests more, and was my "coach" for the rest of the time. My first date was just ok, but looked good on paper. About a month later I was set up on another date with a guy named Barry, and after 5 dates, I am with him, I adore him, he adores me, we are taking it slow, and do not want to date anyone else. Excellent service, loved everyone I spoke to from IJL, and I couldn't be happier.

Original review: June 15, 2019

Hi everyone, Wanted to pass on some highlights for It's Just Lunch. Here are some pros and cons: *Admin note - my background: male, no kids, been with IJL for a year and a half.

Pros:

- Was impressed with the organization as a whole to match someone up with another person's QUALITIES. That IS a bit rare.

- I really think they DID match me up with what I was looking for in someone. Will admit- think the qualities a woman would be looking for in a man would be similar to (close to, but not always the same as) the qualities a man is looking for in a woman, so admittedly my case is probably different.

*e.g.- Not too long ago I gave some different feedback in what I was looking for in someone. a) At first I thought I wanted someone 'exciting', like a Ghost of Christmas Present haha; b) then I thought I wanted someone a little bit calmer; c) and now I think I can say I'm looking for someone in between, ie someone exciting but still patient and emotionally understanding.

The 'directors' WERE able to take my feedback each time and find some people who had those qualities. I still think that was pretty rare, and they did deliver.

Cons:

- Main theme - All offers in this organization are handled over the phone. I haven't seen ANY prices listed ANYWHERE on any sites for how much the program is. I understand some of the categories or criteria may be different, (ie gender, if you have kids, income, age, do you WANT someone with kids, etc) so everyone has a different set of circumstances, but still. I was a little surprised to not see ANY prices given. (I knew this was going to be an expensive program, and it is, but it would be beneficial to have at least SOMETHING listed on the website, ie how much coaching sessions are.)

*Areas for improvement (true for any organization) - Short version for me is I started off working with matchmakers in a local 'field office'. A few months ago I was switched to a national-level matchmaker in a completely different part of the country (Debbie, see below). Wasn't really a problem, but it did catch me a bit off guard. Kinda missed the personal face-to-face feeling of knowing I was talking with someone locally (ie someone who knows the local area, can say it's raining here and it's raining there too haha).

Longer version (spoilers) - Some of those field offices tried roping me into 'high pressure sales tactics' with higher-paid offers over the phone, saying "I need this right now." - I accepted the first offer, and I'm still glad I did. - A year later, I had someone try to get me to agree to a higher offer, and I had only 30 mins to agree to it. (Debbie has since told me she does not use high pressure sales tactics, and I believe her. More on her at the end.) - To this day I wish I would have told them I would think about it over the weekend and would get back with them on Monday. Maybe I should be grateful- I'm a stronger person for it now!

*I'm still kind of curious to see if an 'annual renewal' offer will be e-mailed out several weeks ahead of time, or will only be via phone like the last one was.

Bottom line - I think this organization is worth it. I take responsibility for my actions, past and present. 1. I would think AHEAD of time about what you would be willing to pay for different levels of services. (I'm a quiet guy, so this organization did help me quite a bit. Would not have met some just PERFECT women if not for IJL. They said no tho haha.) 2. I do think a relationship with your director is important. 3. Finally, I would also be aware of any time-sensitive offers over the phone. Would recommend telling them you'll need a few days to think about it and I would stick to that, no matter how upset or demanding they are haha. Those are my thoughts and my opinions!

*About Debbie - She is a very determined, strong-willed, straightforward and even indifferent person. Very professional, very assertive, very energetic & enthusiastic. Almost like an agent in sports. I do think she has produced results. I was perhaps skeptical at first, mainly because I had no idea I was being transferred to her, but my experiences with her in the past few months have been nothing but positive! Felt like I had Kevin O'Leary from Shark Tank working for me haha.

- I liked that line "you are responsible for what you write" hahaha.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I have had a very positive experience with It's Just Lunch working with Aleisha and her team. Becoming single again after many years can be intimidating and I wasn't sure where to start. While traveling, I read an ad for It's Just Lunch and decided to give it a try. From the first phone call, the team there made me feel comfortable and confident in its process. Still doubtful, I decided what do I have to lose and I might as well try it. The team at It's Just Lunch spent a lot of time talking with me to get to know me and build my profile. Matches were sent to me for my review, then I could decide if I wanted to proceed.

I've been a memeber now for close to three months and I have met three gentlemen. All were very kind and better in person than their profile picture. All the dates were enjoyable experiences. It was very comfortable entering the restaurant, where the hostess would take me to my match. The restaurants chosen by It's Just Lunch had friendly attentive wait staff, great food, and an inviting atmosphere. I have been very pleased with my experience so far and can't wait to see what It's Just Lunch has in store for me in the future.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

It's Just Lunch is an amazing matchmaking site! I have been on several other dating sites and they are glorifying the 'hook up' culture that's prevalent among our population. It's Just Lunch (IJL) is totally different. They start with a personal interview (either in person or Skype). They will then try and match you to people that they think you would be interested in after you talked with them. Then they assign you a personal matchmaker.

The woman assigned to me has been excellent. Her name is Pilar, and she has been a great match maker! She will send brief information out via email on a new potential match, will follow that up with several phone calls to see if I am interested. If I am interested she goes and sets up the date; time date and location. Then it's up to me to determine if the date is someone that I want to continue to see. The matchmaking process through IJL has been a terrific experience! I will continue to recommend their services to my friends and coworkers. It's the only online dating service that makes any kind of sense in my book.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

Amy is working hard to find me the right match. Amy’s personality is fun, compassionate, and caring in nature. A bit of humor is there also. I enjoy our conversations. IJL is a far better service than the dating apps. So far the quality of potential companions has been good. Still looking for the right match and know it will take time. I would recommend Amy to any future IJL clients.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I paid for the service and I had hoped it would be a big help in finding a match. The service is a scam and don’t waste your money. I was given one date and one photo in 6 months. No one has contacted me since. This was such a waste of money and my expectations were very very high after talking to their Vice President, however everything she said didn’t happen. There were no men in my age range at all. 6 months later I’m still waiting. What a joke. Check out the class action suit online... Unfortunately when I found out they were being sued it was too late. They over promise and under deliver. After 3 matchmakers later I have given up. This company is untruthful and puts in a good face and lets you believe they will find you matches. Buyer beware... It’s a scam.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

I am in my seventh decade on this earth so I was not confident there would be many potential matches in my age group. However, since becoming an IJL client a few months ago, I have been presented with more than one match, all of whom are intelligent, personable women with a good heart. I have shared my positive IJL experiences with many of my friends.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

I cannot say much about my experience with IJL since I haven’t yet gone on many dates. I can say the team/matchmaker has been very helpful & dedicated to finding me the best match. Sheri has worked hard by following up with me & making all go smooth.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

Obed, my matchmaker, has done a good job looking for matches for me. He takes my feedback to heart and diligently tries to find men that meet my criteria. Obed is responsive and good with following up as well. Overall, I would I have had a positive experience working with Obed, although I have not met a long term match.

It's Just Lunch expert review by Mark Brooks

It's Just Lunch! is a matchmaking service that caters to professionals who would like to meet over lunch or drinks. This service has over 23 years of matchmaking experience.

• Uses professional matchmakers: Rather than leaving meetings up to chance, matchmakers meet with users for a confidential interview. They then match users based on the information discussed during this meeting.

• All matches take place at partner restaurants: It's Just Lunch! sets up dates at local restaurants they are partnered with, taking the stress out of deciding where to have the first date.

• Focus on privacy: Prior to the first meeting, users are only given their date's first name, description and reason why the matchmaker thinks the date will work out.

• Users can give feedback on every date: Whether a date works out or it is a dud, matchmakers want to hear what happened and follow up after every date to fine tune the dating process based on the user's experience.

• Matchmakers can be found worldwide: No matter where users are in the world, they can make a date through It's Just Lunch!

• Best for: People seeking a long-term relationship, people with hectic schedules and people new to the area.

by Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

It's Just Lunch! Company Information