4.35/5
  • 1 star
Based on 774 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

It's Just Lunch is the world’s Number 1 personalized dating service.

At It's Just Lunch we take away the frustration of dating and make it easy for you to meet people worth spending your time with. Our dating specialists handle everything in a personalized and efficient manner... from finding the right matches to making all the arrangements for the date. All you have to do is show up and enjoy meeting someone new.

It's Just Lunch was founded in 1991 and has been helping professional singles around the world find meaningful relationships ever since. With over 150 It's Just Lunch locations worldwide, there is sure to be one near you.

Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 16, 2018

4646 It's Just Lunch! Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I found the experience comfortable and Sheri was so personable she made it a very pleasant interview. As always I am somewhat reluctant about photos. I'm trusting that this photo is a good one. I am looking forward to the next step in the process.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Sheri was awesome. I found it very easy to talk with her and that she listened to what I was telling her. I was impressed with the notes she took as we discussed various points of view and she was very concerned that the information that she had received from prior conversations was accurate and took the time to correct what was not.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I enjoyed my coaching session with Sheri. She was very pleasant to work with and was attentive to my needs. Some of the suggestions she made were very helpful and I felt the questions were comprehensive and efforts were met in preparing me for my first date.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

Sheri was very clear and very thorough in her questions and in her suggestions for dating. I enjoyed it a lot and got a lot of value from it. I would recommend that everyone take the session. Thank you so much.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

Sheri the dating coach was great. She gave me great advice. I strongly recommend this site to anyone who is interested in meeting someone. Everyone that I encounter so far have been very very helpful. Once again I highly recommend It's Just Lunch to anyone who is interested in meeting someone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

My experience with Sherri was absolutely wonderful. She seemed to be pretty down to earth and explained the "Its Just Lunch" process quite eloquently. I have never met anyone online or tried anything like this before so hopefully it goes well. I can't wait until our next session!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

The interview process with Sheri was great! She was very helpful with tips and dating tools right down to helping me pick out an outfit. I'm hoping to utilize these tips whenever I receive my first match. I was very pleased.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I truly enjoyed my one-on-one coaching session with Sheri! I was instantly at ease with Sheri's warm, welcoming smile! I learned a couple new approaches to dating that I am excited to try out. The experience was fun and helpful! I'm excited to go on my first date!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I enjoyed speaking with her and it was very well conducted and with the appropriate level of attention paid to the meeting. You should give her a raise and keep her on board! If you need more people let her train them.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

It was a great experience and educational session. My answers were answered and I was open about many characteristics and features I am looking for in my dating search. It was a fun session and my advisor had a great smile. I am confident that I will find someone...

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I had a great conversation with Sheri. She helped to explain the basics and look forward to seeing where this goes. Sheri seemed knowledgeable and easy to talk to. Sheri had a good personality and Skype was useful to work through the distance.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

Although I've only been on one date so far, it was the best date I've had in years. IJL does a great job listening to me and matching me with individuals of interests and lifestyles. I'm looking forward to more dating experiences with IJL!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Sheri was excellent & precise. She kept smiling every now and then that helped having personal level conversation with her. I would recommend her for any form of reward or recognition. For her efforts that IJL sees deemed fit. 2 thumbs up!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Sheri ** made the personal interview a comfortable and relaxing experience in regarding it being my first time using Skype. Just talking about what your IJL goals are in making that love connection between two people want to create a personal life.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I am disappointed that it was not verbally mentioned that you are matching me with people who you have recruited & have not paid for the service. The fact that participants are getting more dates than they can handle & members only get 6 does not seem right.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Sheri was prompt and very pleasant for our phone conversation. She reviewed my profile and inquired about additional information on myself. Sheri has a great personality for this type of business and she was fun and easy to talk with. I look forward to working with Sheri throughout this journey.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

This is my first experience dating in over 25 years, and I am working with IJL because I do not believe in the computer as a mechanism for meeting a significant other. I have had one experience with a match resulting from the assistance of Aleisha, and it lasted almost 4 hours and has resulted in a second date. Newman did a great job with the setting for the date and Aleisha has been prompt and thorough in helping with my questions and concerns. I am confident that through their continued efforts I will have the opportunity to establish a relationship of significance with the hopes of more. Thank you to them for their efforts on my behalf.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

The communication is limited from IJL, there was a whole month and a half where my rep didn't communicate with, yet there's a guaranteed date per month in the contract. Only been on 2 dates, personality wise the first date was good but wasn't a paying client therefore didn't have the same level of commitment to the interest finding a serious relationship in my opinion. Second date, personality was pretty negative, bitter guy, but professionally in line with what I'm looking for. Overall, for the cost to use this service given the quality of the dates, no good and lack of communication from my dating concierge. The upfront process gives the impression, they have a solid process and commitment. However, I rated it 3 stars because of the new rep I got about a week ago appears to show genuine care in my needs. Previous rep, showed many moments of frustration and insincerity.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

IJL takes details on the type of person you would like to meet and matches you up with someone who matches your personality. I must admit that my Coordinator did a fantastic job. The meet up place was very nice. My date was just the type of guy I've been looking for. Tall, handsome, and professional. The entire date was very comfortable. So comfortable that we decided to meet up again and I'm looking forward to it!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

Friendly, concise, easy to communicate with. Took the time to understand my interests and desires and what I am looking for in a companion. Easy, straightforward communication. Sheri was pleasant and very easy to talk with.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

My date was really a nice guy. I felt that we had a lot in common and I enjoyed his company. Exchanged phone numbers and hope to hear from him. It was nice to have a company like IJL handle everything. That was a huge elimination of stress. We'll see!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

I paid $** and the deal was to get matched with 4 professionals over 6 months and it happened. But here are my matches. The first one was single, never married or had kids and he told me right away after we met that he wanted to meet a woman without kids to start his own life, so the match was really poor. Same story happened with at least two other matches. The only match who seemed Ok on first date turned out to be on a physical relationship with a married woman, alcoholic, tattoo addict, and with gambling issues.

The breakup was so hard since I had to go through a lot to uncover his personality. I tried to convince IJL to make sure that the people they interview for match are at least truly "single" and "unattached" because we invest a lot in this company and nothing worked out. I hope someone sues this company if he/she had a similar frustrating experience. Yes we are professionals and able to pay these fees but I seriously wasted lots of time and resources with this company's very poor service and I hope to at least get my money back.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

When I first signed up for the service in September, I was really optimistic with the idea that I'd meet educated women who meet my criteria. I was scheduled for my first date in early October, but the woman cancelled at the last minute claiming she was too busy. I know that is code word for "I'm not interested". My matchmaker tried putting me with another woman, but she had "a car accident". Not once did my matchmaker apologize for the fiasco. After that I was set up with another matchmaker who quickly transferred me to another matchmaker who did not have any of my preferences on record and tried to wash her hands clean by setting me up with someone who did not meet any of my criteria.

How can a dating service not have any of my preferences? So I had to e-mail my preferences again so that no future mistakes would be made in the future. You call that being professional? As if online dating doesn't suck enough, the waiting on this service has made me feel worse than Raj Koothrappali on Big Bang Theory. I'm surprised I haven't started sobbing yet. I feel the matchmakers are not trying and just give up.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

I joined It's Just Lunch one month ago and it has been one of the best decisions that I've made for myself in a long time. I have a whole team with IJL working on my behalf to find me a match. I just went on my first date with IJL this week and I had such a good time! My dating team is helping me look at a dating from a new perspective which is to "just have fun" and what a difference IJL has made in my mindset. Thank you IJL!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I enjoyed my lunch date with Mike. I found him to be interesting to talk to, have good conversation, respectful toward me, considerate, kind and quite a gentleman. He insisted on paying for the lunch, got up first to help me up from my seat, opened the door for me as well left the restaurant, and insisted on escorting me to my next destination which was the mall although several yards away. We started another conversation while walking to the mall and started to sit a bench outside the mall to finish the conversation, however Mike suggested that we find a place inside the mall to continue the discussion, since it was cold outside and I was wearing a dress and my legs exposed to the weather. I thought that was considerate of him. He offered me his phone number in case I had any further questions or thoughts to discuss. I enjoyed my experience with him and am considering calling him.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

My experience has been extremely positive, primarily because of my dating director, Monique. She listens, she's intuitive, and she works hard to find the right match. She takes great pride in her work and is a pleasure to work with.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

Andrea, my interviewer, was professional and cordial. She provided clarification and answered my questions as needed. She was an excellent facilitator and made the interview process a streamlined, pleasant and informative experience! Andrea has great interpersonal skills which add to the IJL experience. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

Why I chose IJL... I’m new to the dating scene and I wanted to give myself the best opportunity to find that special person for me. Working with IJL has been a good experience where I have learned more about myself and what I desire in others. Thank you, Monique!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I’ve appreciated the support of It’s Just Lunch staff as I step back into the dating scene. It’s been a long time since I was out there and I dreaded the process of dating after all these years. IJL staff talked me through every step of the process and helped make it easy and fun. Thank you, IJL!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

Monique is my fairy godmother and I really feel like Cinderella with her. :) Actively looking for my charming prince, she’s dedicated, considerate, kind and tender. The gentleness of her voice, the insurance in her tone, always remind me that my miracle is on the way; and I’m grateful for that. Momo you’re the best ever! Xoxo

It's Just Lunch! Company Information

It's Just Lunch
www.itsjustlunch.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use