It's Just Lunch!
4.09/5

It's Just Lunch!

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

It's Just Lunch is the world’s Number 1 personalized dating service. At It's Just Lunch we take away the frustration of dating and make it easy for you to meet people worth spending your time with. Our dating specialists handle everything in a personalized and efficient manner... from finding the right matches to making all the arrangements for the date. All you have to do is show up and enjoy meeting someone new.

It's Just Lunch was founded in 1991 and has been helping professional singles around the world find meaningful relationships ever since. With over 150 It's Just Lunch locations worldwide, there is sure to be one near you.

View More View More

5608 It's Just Lunch! Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: June 15, 2019

Hi everyone, Wanted to pass on some highlights for It's Just Lunch. Here are some pros and cons: *Admin note - my background: male, no kids, been with IJL for a year and a half.

Pros:

- Was impressed with the organization as a whole to match someone up with another person's QUALITIES. That IS a bit rare.

- I really think they DID match me up with what I was looking for in someone. Will admit- think the qualities a woman would be looking for in a man would be similar to (close to, but not always the same as) the qualities a man is looking for in a woman, so admittedly my case is probably different.

*e.g.- Not too long ago I gave some different feedback in what I was looking for in someone. a) At first I thought I wanted someone 'exciting', like a Ghost of Christmas Present haha; b) then I thought I wanted someone a little bit calmer; c) and now I think I can say I'm looking for someone in between, ie someone exciting but still patient and emotionally understanding.

The 'directors' WERE able to take my feedback each time and find some people who had those qualities. I still think that was pretty rare, and they did deliver.

Cons:

- Main theme - All offers in this organization are handled over the phone. I haven't seen ANY prices listed ANYWHERE on any sites for how much the program is. I understand some of the categories or criteria may be different, (ie gender, if you have kids, income, age, do you WANT someone with kids, etc) so everyone has a different set of circumstances, but still. I was a little surprised to not see ANY prices given. (I knew this was going to be an expensive program, and it is, but it would be beneficial to have at least SOMETHING listed on the website, ie how much coaching sessions are.)

*Areas for improvement (true for any organization) - Short version for me is I started off working with matchmakers in a local 'field office'. A few months ago I was switched to a national-level matchmaker in a completely different part of the country (Debbie, see below). Wasn't really a problem, but it did catch me a bit off guard. Kinda missed the personal face-to-face feeling of knowing I was talking with someone locally (ie someone who knows the local area, can say it's raining here and it's raining there too haha).

Longer version (spoilers) - Some of those field offices tried roping me into 'high pressure sales tactics' with higher-paid offers over the phone, saying "I need this right now." - I accepted the first offer, and I'm still glad I did. - A year later, I had someone try to get me to agree to a higher offer, and I had only 30 mins to agree to it. (Debbie has since told me she does not use high pressure sales tactics, and I believe her. More on her at the end.) - To this day I wish I would have told them I would think about it over the weekend and would get back with them on Monday. Maybe I should be grateful- I'm a stronger person for it now!

*I'm still kind of curious to see if an 'annual renewal' offer will be e-mailed out several weeks ahead of time, or will only be via phone like the last one was.

Bottom line - I think this organization is worth it. I take responsibility for my actions, past and present. 1. I would think AHEAD of time about what you would be willing to pay for different levels of services. (I'm a quiet guy, so this organization did help me quite a bit. Would not have met some just PERFECT women if not for IJL. They said no tho haha.) 2. I do think a relationship with your director is important. 3. Finally, I would also be aware of any time-sensitive offers over the phone. Would recommend telling them you'll need a few days to think about it and I would stick to that, no matter how upset or demanding they are haha. Those are my thoughts and my opinions!

*About Debbie - She is a very determined, strong-willed, straightforward and even indifferent person. Very professional, very assertive, very energetic & enthusiastic. Almost like an agent in sports. I do think she has produced results. I was perhaps skeptical at first, mainly because I had no idea I was being transferred to her, but my experiences with her in the past few months have been nothing but positive! Felt like I had Kevin O'Leary from Shark Tank working for me haha.

- I liked that line "you are responsible for what you write" hahaha.

Get expert buying tips about Matchmaking Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I have had a very positive experience with It's Just Lunch working with Aleisha and her team. Becoming single again after many years can be intimidating and I wasn't sure where to start. While traveling, I read an ad for It's Just Lunch and decided to give it a try. From the first phone call, the team there made me feel comfortable and confident in its process. Still doubtful, I decided what do I have to lose and I might as well try it. The team at It's Just Lunch spent a lot of time talking with me to get to know me and build my profile. Matches were sent to me for my review, then I could decide if I wanted to proceed.

I've been a memeber now for close to three months and I have met three gentlemen. All were very kind and better in person than their profile picture. All the dates were enjoyable experiences. It was very comfortable entering the restaurant, where the hostess would take me to my match. The restaurants chosen by It's Just Lunch had friendly attentive wait staff, great food, and an inviting atmosphere. I have been very pleased with my experience so far and can't wait to see what It's Just Lunch has in store for me in the future.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

It's Just Lunch is an amazing matchmaking site! I have been on several other dating sites and they are glorifying the 'hook up' culture that's prevalent among our population. It's Just Lunch (IJL) is totally different. They start with a personal interview (either in person or Skype). They will then try and match you to people that they think you would be interested in after you talked with them. Then they assign you a personal matchmaker.

The woman assigned to me has been excellent. Her name is Pilar, and she has been a great match maker! She will send brief information out via email on a new potential match, will follow that up with several phone calls to see if I am interested. If I am interested she goes and sets up the date; time date and location. Then it's up to me to determine if the date is someone that I want to continue to see. The matchmaking process through IJL has been a terrific experience! I will continue to recommend their services to my friends and coworkers. It's the only online dating service that makes any kind of sense in my book.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Just want to thank you both for making my first It’s Just Lunch date everything you promised it would be. Your instructions were perfect! The restaurant had a large parking lot as it is part of a hotel... that made being on time easy. I was greeted by the hostess and told her who I was and they immediately brought me to the table where they had just seated my date. The table was a corner table with couch like seating and pillows. The restaurant was busy but the table was perfect for conversation and being away from the crowd.

The service was excellent! The food and wine/cocktail menu was five star! As promised, at the end of the meal, two separate checks were brought to us and the server made sure to give us each the correct check. I highly recommend the venue for future It’s Just Lunch use! I also highly recommend Krystyl and Aleisha as matchmakers! They both are very valuable assets to your service and did a great job at guiding me through the process. Everything worked out exactly as they said it would! I feel very lucky to be working with them!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Please indulge me as I give a few reasons why Kimberli and Tameka are so good at what they do. (In no particular order:) First, they make themselves available: they work hard to accommodate your schedule, making time to talk when it is convenient for you. Second, they listen very well. They are interested in learning as much about you as they can for the purpose of matching you with the right date. Third, they do their work with cheerfulness and joy. I probably don't have to tell you what a difference a positive, joyful attitude can make when discussing personal matters over the telephone. I have never known them to be cross, and they love to laugh with me.

Fourth, they are consciously competent. I never worry that I will be paired with the wrong person, because I know Kimberli and Tameka can handle their assignments. And though I could wax eloquent for much longer, fifth and finally, they are passionate about their work. I get the sense that this is not simply a job for Kimberli and Tameka, but that in the core of their being, they care about finding the right match for me. I recommend these two ladies without a moment's hesitation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

I had a super bad experience with It’s Just Lunch. I join It’s Just Lunch back in September 2018. I been on one date so far. The contract promised me 4 dates but only went on one date. After the first date I went on my profile was transferred to a different matchmaker. From Debbie to Monique on March 29, 2019. Then problems starting to occur. The match master provided me with my first match on April 4, 2019. I accepted the date and it was scheduled on April 18, 2019. I went to the restaurant and they said there is no reservation for me and my match. My match didn't show up. I called up my matchmaker to find out what was going on. It took her four days to get me answer saying the match we were working on is unavailable. She told me that she will be working on my next match for me.

My matchmaker sent me an email on June 24 2019 and said she is still working to find your next quality match, and will be in touch as soon as we have your next match selected and available. Then three months (from June) went by and I didn't hear anything from my matchmaker. My matchmaker put off emailing about her progress on next match. She emailed me September 4, 2019 saying she is still actively working on your next match. When I found out I wasn't happy. I sent her an email asking what was going on? Want to start checking her work. She didn't reply to my email. I need to call the "It's Just Lunch" Corporate office multiple times. I got a called back from customer service on 9/17/2019 to try to resolve the issue. During our conversation we discussed duration time difference. Per our conversation over the phone I requested “Asians” to be taken off my profile. The customer service rep decline.

I demanded my match maker to “not” match me with someone that is “Asian” which I have demanded many times, the customer service rep decline. I told him that it is against my willingness and during my intake conversation with a dating specialist I clearly states that I don’t have good experience with someone of my ethnicity. So, our effort to resolve this issue over the phone has failed. Also, I requested a copy of my profile back on September 10 but have never received it. My next option would be to pursue legal action!!!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

Great experience with just lunch!! Had a first successful date, with a quality guy!! UDONNA & TAMEKA/It’s Just Lunch Rock!! Take their time to get to know what your looking for and deliver!! Very happy so far!! Ask great questions and find out what you really are looking for on a match!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

1st date. Feel that Udonnaa and Tamika do a great job and are a pleasure to work with. They are always very punctual in in responding to my needs and very thorough in answering my questions. Looking forward to continuing to work with them.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

I am super happy and impressed with the service my matchmaker, Vanessa has provided. She eased my nerves going into my first date with the service and did an excellent job finding a man that was really compatible. I look forward to my future matches.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

The IJL contract is dated 5/1/2019. At that time I requested the implementation date be set as 6/1/2019. During the following 2 months OBed has represented the IJL interests effectively and has responded to concerns that I have raised. I feel the relationship that has been established will have long term benefits. Bob

It's Just Lunch expert review by Mark Brooks

It's Just Lunch! is a matchmaking service that caters to professionals who would like to meet over lunch or drinks. This service has over 23 years of matchmaking experience.

• Uses professional matchmakers: Rather than leaving meetings up to chance, matchmakers meet with users for a confidential interview. They then match users based on the information discussed during this meeting.

• All matches take place at partner restaurants: It's Just Lunch! sets up dates at local restaurants they are partnered with, taking the stress out of deciding where to have the first date.

• Focus on privacy: Prior to the first meeting, users are only given their date's first name, description and reason why the matchmaker thinks the date will work out.

• Users can give feedback on every date: Whether a date works out or it is a dud, matchmakers want to hear what happened and follow up after every date to fine tune the dating process based on the user's experience.

• Matchmakers can be found worldwide: No matter where users are in the world, they can make a date through It's Just Lunch!

• Best for: People seeking a long-term relationship, people with hectic schedules and people new to the area.

Profile picture of Mark Brooks
Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

It's Just Lunch! Company Information