Accredited Partner

It's Just Lunch!

It's Just Lunch!
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.29/5

It's Just Lunch is the world’s Number 1 personalized dating service. At It's Just Lunch we take away the frustration of dating and make it easy for you to meet people worth spending your time with. Our dating specialists handle everything in a personalized and efficient manner... from finding the right matches to making all the arrangements for the date. All you have to do is show up and enjoy meeting someone new.

It's Just Lunch was founded in 1991 and has been helping professional singles around the world find meaningful relationships ever since. With over 150 It's Just Lunch locations worldwide, there is sure to be one near you.

View More View More

It's Just Lunch! Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: June 18, 2020

I had become disenchanted with dating sites & almost felt like giving up. I joined It's Just Lunch & Debbie was assigned to me as my dating coordinator. She got me excited & said I would be easy to find someone special for me. I went on a date with Tricia last night & my hope was renewed. Debbie did a job above & beyond my expectations. The date was very much a success from my point of view. I’m not sure what Tricia thought but I would very much like to see her again & get to know her better. Debbie Rocks!!!

I was a member of IJL previously in Dallas & I was disappointed. They only set me up with one person I was compatible with or was within my physical expectations. The lady who convinced me to give it another try & said the program had changed. She was right. She said Debbie was experienced & would find women that I would be compatible with & find attractive. I was not disappointed. I have gotten revitalized & I am encouraged & have a great of fresh air & excited to be on this journey guided by Debbie. Thanks Debbie!!!!

Get buying tips about Matchmaking Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 9, 2020

Sometimes we all need help in one category or another. The saying, “strength in numbers,” is a fact in this case. With love being such a powerful energy source, if not the most can be a bit intimidating. It’s not a bad idea to have extra hands. Especially after recent years of adding in poor judgement in those younger years that only made a terrible recipe of doubt to follow in those current years of the very thought of companionship. Ever.

Life goes on and sometime later I had the privilege of watching one of the most beautiful forms of a loving relationship I’ve ever witnessed. When inquiring about her story she didn’t hesitate to talk about IJL! Being skeptical I remained watchful. A short time later I’m skimming through a Delta SkyMile magazine only to read an article about IJL. A sign maybe? Finally, years later, I reach out to IJL out of pure curiosity, an open mind, and here I am today. I can not shout loud enough to the rooftops of my matchmaker Alma G! It takes a special kind of person to be a matchmaker. Alma is that special person! She is the very BEST!

Sincerely Grateful,

April B

Original review: May 19, 2020

I began my IJL experience extremely disheartened because I was matched with a few matchmakers who weren't a good fit for me and didn't get what I was looking for or seem invested in me finding love, but that all changed when I was transferred to Sheri. She's like the best friend you wish you had in that she gets to know you and what you're looking for and peps you up and is also realistic with you. She's been extremely communicative and committed and has matched me twice so far, both with guys who fit my specifications and were really fun to talk to. It's been a little weird because I signed up prior to COVID and am now doing virtual dating but she has been working just as hard and I'm confident that, with her as my wingwoman, I'll find love in no time.

I gave my overall rating as a 4 because prior to getting matched with Sheri, I'd have given IJL a 2. It was rough! But she's exceptional - 10 stars out of 5 - and has made it all worthwhile. I would say, if you sign up with the company, find out who you'll be working with and see if you can have a say in who your matchmaker is because Sheri is the best and I know without her I'd still be discouraged and wouldn't be making progress. Good luck in your dating search!

Original review: March 18, 2020

“It’s Just Lunch” is a paid matching making service and I’ll be the first to tell you that I wasn’t quite sure what to expect when I signed up. I’ve never used a matching making service before, but I turned to this option after several discouraging experiences with dating apps including Hinge and Bumble. What dating apps don’t tell you is that using them has to become at least a part time job, swiping through endless profiles, hoping to find someone with similar interests, then setting up the date (I guess because I’m a guy and girls don’t feel like they should make dating suggestions), only to be judged and treated like a number or an inconvenience with an arrogant date.

Upon signing up for “It’s Just Lunch” and paying the fee, I felt like I was listened to and feedback and advice from the matchmakers was always insightful and helpful. I was assigned to Sheri, N executive matchmaker who has been very polite, relaxed, patient and helpful with me as we navigate the personal matchmaking experience together. Trust me when I tell you that paying a matchmaker service to do all “the work” of dating for you, they pick a serious match who’s looking for the exact same things, they set up the first date, AND someone like Sheri willingly offers great coaching and advice if you’re willing to be humble and listen. It’s truly a great experience and I thank Sheri personally and the “It’s Just Lunch” team for taking my concerns and interests seriously and leading me through this new experience.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I signed the IJL contract on 11/7/19 after Faith had been very patient with my long list of questions over several phone calls. On 11/12/19, I was contacted by Udonna, who is supervised by Melissa, who was my assigned matchmaker. I was looking for a match in the East Tennessee area, mainly in the Knoxville area. After Udonna asked several pertinent questions, she explained the IJL program in more detail. Udonna asked specific questions about my preferences and fully explained the dating protocol. On 11/13/19, Udonna called and had a match. Due to our schedules, we were not able to coordinate a date until 11/20/19.

I found my date to be exactly as described and pictured by IJL. We had a lovely dinner and talked non-stop for two hours. There was never an awkward lull in the conversation, and I think both were surprised at how many similarities we shared. We jointly decided by the end of dinner that we would like to date again, and both are anxious for our next adventure. We have communicated several times already, and everything seems to be moving naturally. Udonna has provided great support and advice "straight out of the gate". At this point, I'm very impressed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch?

Original review: June 26, 2020

My experience with IJL has been great. They have listened to what are my interests, and have been looking to find dates. During these Covid times Jen has reached out with updates. Great experience all the way around. :)

Dee

Original review: June 25, 2020

Chuck and I had a virtual meeting on 6/17. We exchanged phone numbers, he texted 3 days later - wanted to meet. We met at a local restaurant for a drink. It was a nice conversation - however, at this time, I will pass on meeting him again. There was no physical attraction, a nice man. Our personalities are different. I'm very outgoing due to my sales background. He came across as quite conservative and laid back, not my nature!

Original review: June 23, 2020

Virtual Meeting w/ Chuck. Very pleased how IJL reacted to Covid Virus. Alma was very helpful in communicating information as to the new option to meet. I felt our match went well, we are going to have coffee soon. It might not be a “love connection”, yet I’m confident that IJL will come through!

Original review: June 18, 2020

I’m having a wonderful experience working with Debbie H. The match making she set up for my 1st date was everything I asked for. I was blown away with how perfect she matched us up. Look forward to my next talk with Debbie H. Very happy and overly satisfied customer. Amazing skills!!!!

Original review: June 15, 2020

Alma helped me created my best match since I join the IJL. She has just took over my file since social isolation. This is my first match through Alma. She is very in tune and sensible to whom I am looking for and best fit for me. I will certainly share my experience with others if, Alma is my matchmaker from now on. I have many single friends in my Tennis team who don't have time to seeking for themself.

It's Just Lunch author review by Mark Brooks

It's Just Lunch! is a matchmaking service that caters to professionals who would like to meet over lunch or drinks. This service has over 23 years of matchmaking experience.

• Uses professional matchmakers: Rather than leaving meetings up to chance, matchmakers meet with users for a confidential interview. They then match users based on the information discussed during this meeting.

• All matches take place at partner restaurants: It's Just Lunch! sets up dates at local restaurants they are partnered with, taking the stress out of deciding where to have the first date.

• Focus on privacy: Prior to the first meeting, users are only given their date's first name, description and reason why the matchmaker thinks the date will work out.

• Users can give feedback on every date: Whether a date works out or it is a dud, matchmakers want to hear what happened and follow up after every date to fine tune the dating process based on the user's experience.

• Matchmakers can be found worldwide: No matter where users are in the world, they can make a date through It's Just Lunch!

by Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

It's Just Lunch! Company Information