It's Just Lunch!
4.10/5

It's Just Lunch!

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

It's Just Lunch is the world’s Number 1 personalized dating service. At It's Just Lunch we take away the frustration of dating and make it easy for you to meet people worth spending your time with. Our dating specialists handle everything in a personalized and efficient manner... from finding the right matches to making all the arrangements for the date. All you have to do is show up and enjoy meeting someone new.

It's Just Lunch was founded in 1991 and has been helping professional singles around the world find meaningful relationships ever since. With over 150 It's Just Lunch locations worldwide, there is sure to be one near you.

View More View More

5453 It's Just Lunch! Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: March 28, 2019

I have had a very positive experience with It's Just Lunch working with Aleisha and her team. Becoming single again after many years can be intimidating and I wasn't sure where to start. While traveling, I read an ad for It's Just Lunch and decided to give it a try. From the first phone call, the team there made me feel comfortable and confident in its process. Still doubtful, I decided what do I have to lose and I might as well try it. The team at It's Just Lunch spent a lot of time talking with me to get to know me and build my profile. Matches were sent to me for my review, then I could decide if I wanted to proceed.

I've been a memeber now for close to three months and I have met three gentlemen. All were very kind and better in person than their profile picture. All the dates were enjoyable experiences. It was very comfortable entering the restaurant, where the hostess would take me to my match. The restaurants chosen by It's Just Lunch had friendly attentive wait staff, great food, and an inviting atmosphere. I have been very pleased with my experience so far and can't wait to see what It's Just Lunch has in store for me in the future.

Get expert buying tips about Matchmaking Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

It's Just Lunch is an amazing matchmaking site! I have been on several other dating sites and they are glorifying the 'hook up' culture that's prevalent among our population. It's Just Lunch (IJL) is totally different. They start with a personal interview (either in person or Skype). They will then try and match you to people that they think you would be interested in after you talked with them. Then they assign you a personal matchmaker.

The woman assigned to me has been excellent. Her name is Pilar, and she has been a great match maker! She will send brief information out via email on a new potential match, will follow that up with several phone calls to see if I am interested. If I am interested she goes and sets up the date; time date and location. Then it's up to me to determine if the date is someone that I want to continue to see. The matchmaking process through IJL has been a terrific experience! I will continue to recommend their services to my friends and coworkers. It's the only online dating service that makes any kind of sense in my book.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Just want to thank you both for making my first It’s Just Lunch date everything you promised it would be. Your instructions were perfect! The restaurant had a large parking lot as it is part of a hotel... that made being on time easy. I was greeted by the hostess and told her who I was and they immediately brought me to the table where they had just seated my date. The table was a corner table with couch like seating and pillows. The restaurant was busy but the table was perfect for conversation and being away from the crowd.

The service was excellent! The food and wine/cocktail menu was five star! As promised, at the end of the meal, two separate checks were brought to us and the server made sure to give us each the correct check. I highly recommend the venue for future It’s Just Lunch use! I also highly recommend Krystyl and Aleisha as matchmakers! They both are very valuable assets to your service and did a great job at guiding me through the process. Everything worked out exactly as they said it would! I feel very lucky to be working with them!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Please indulge me as I give a few reasons why Kimberli and Tameka are so good at what they do. (In no particular order:) First, they make themselves available: they work hard to accommodate your schedule, making time to talk when it is convenient for you. Second, they listen very well. They are interested in learning as much about you as they can for the purpose of matching you with the right date. Third, they do their work with cheerfulness and joy. I probably don't have to tell you what a difference a positive, joyful attitude can make when discussing personal matters over the telephone. I have never known them to be cross, and they love to laugh with me.

Fourth, they are consciously competent. I never worry that I will be paired with the wrong person, because I know Kimberli and Tameka can handle their assignments. And though I could wax eloquent for much longer, fifth and finally, they are passionate about their work. I get the sense that this is not simply a job for Kimberli and Tameka, but that in the core of their being, they care about finding the right match for me. I recommend these two ladies without a moment's hesitation.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I joined IJL like most people — I thin k— because of the frustration with regular dating apps. The process is much different and so far it’s been smooth sailing. I was in contact with one woman who spent extensive time getting to know me over the phone before they decided to take me on as a client. Then I was put in contact with my personal matchmaker. There was more conversation and then a Skype interview. I really liked this part because it made the process real. Dealing with live people is better than just phone conversations which can stay abstract.

After the Skype interview, the actual matchmaking process started. I was sent a first profile. The profiles are succinct which I actually like. Online profiles in regular dating apps can sometimes be long and give too much unnecessary information. The IJL profile, in comparison, only gives the basic and essential info plus a photo. Ultimately it’s the only thing we need to know. For the rest, I just have to trust the expertise of my matchmaker. (And then of course there is the unpredictable part: actual chemistry, or not.) I turned down my first match and the process resumed. My second match was sent within 8 days of the first one. I accepted the 2nd match and my date was set up within a week. I am currently waiting to meet my match. Fingers crossed!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch?

Original review: May 16, 2019

I was very impressed with my first IJL date. My Matchmaker did an excellent job combing through potential matches and introducing me to someone that I was able to talk to for three hours on the first date! Good job!

Original review: May 16, 2019

I have been very impressed with my matchmaker, Debbie. She has been extremely responsive, calling me back right away when I have questions or concerns. My date cancelled a few hours before the date, and she called me to apologize. She had a new date lined up before the end of the day!

Original review: May 16, 2019

Donna and her team are great! I really appreciate working with her and would recommend to anyone. They have matched me with several great dates and I can tell they love what they do. It has been great working with their team.

Original review: May 14, 2019

Udonna and Tameka are friendly and helpful! I really appreciate their support with the matchmaking process, including setting up dates, asking me how each date went, and finding new matches based on my feedback. I have had a great experience with IJL.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I will never recommend or ever take part in It's Just Lunch ever again. The customer service for the Milwaukee area is seriously lacking. Being late for meeting that they setup for you as well as setup updates and times without even discussing it with you. When you do complain they take no ownership of their issues and instead become argumentative and rude. I am not paying that kind of money such ** service.

Original review: May 13, 2019

Pilar has been the utmost professional in handling my account with IJL and is to be commended for her quick follow up and responsiveness. I can tell she truly enjoys her profession as well since her attitude is always positive.

Original review: May 12, 2019

I have enjoyed working with Monique over the past year. She did everything - calling, emailing, searching for matches. The best part was that I could completely trust her in her searches. Also she always upbeat and easy to talk to.

Original review: May 10, 2019

Obed had a first match for me within days after enrolling with IJL. The entire staff has been extremely helpful with coordinating the first date, sending reminders, following up, and helpful dating tips since I haven't dated in decades. Obed was great in finding my first match, it was a positive experience and I look forward to his future recommendations. It's Just Lunch has made this transition time in my life a lot less complicated.

Original review: May 10, 2019

After subscribing to IJL, I was matched with four dates. All were close matches when it came to what I was looking for. Representatives of IJL were easy to work with and listen carefully to my needs. That said, the cost was very high, about $750 per date. The difference I saw between this service and dating apps is dating apps offer quantity and IJL offers quality.

Original review: May 9, 2019

I appreciate all the effort that IJL puts into work. Everything was set up wonderfully. Unfortunately the restaurant fell short of an acceptable venue. I looked at the restaurant website and it was definitely not accurate. Despite the restaurant a pleasant first date.

Original review: May 9, 2019

Aleisha and her team have worked tirelessly to create meaningful, glitch-free experiences. I have had two lunches thus far and am excited about the next step in this process. I think I am getting a better idea about what I am looking for and this has helped.

Original review: May 9, 2019

I am very pleased with the service I have gotten through "It's Just Lunch". My dating coordinator has taken into account everything I have asked for and made every effort to keep me happy with my dates. I would definitely recommend them to anyone over those stupid dating sites.

Original review: May 8, 2019

UDONNA IS THE BEST!!! She and Tomika have been so very helpful to me. They are both kind, extremely helpful and everything you could ever want in a customer service professional!! She is very attuned to my wants and needs and has done her very best to fill those needs!! I am very pleased with my treatment from Udonna and would rate her a big fat 100!!!

Original review: May 8, 2019

I own a company myself so I pride myself in great communication and customer service. Also keeping promises. So their guarantee is 8 dates within 10 months. It's been 5 months and I haven't been on 1 date. If I'm not the best looking guy ok, or if my profile isn't as good, fine. What really bothers me is when they present someone who I accept and then they don't respond until I ask, "what's up?" Twice I've complained to this company and they don't respond for 5 days. I swear you feel like a fool paying a company like this thousands, yes thousands of dollars and they are no better than the cheesy websites that cost $100 per month. I feel as if I've been ripped off by this company and I'm not happy about the total lack of performance here.

Original review: May 7, 2019

Monique has been delightful and diligent in my interactions with her. She is supportive and insightful. As I go thru this highly personal experience I can rely on her as a life coach too. She is easy to reach either by email or phone, her dedication is amazing.

Original review: May 7, 2019

My Coach Donna is great and tries to help. And does her job. And does what she can for her clients. When I call or email her she responds back. She’s serious about me trying to find somebody and be happy.

Original review: May 6, 2019

Aleisha and the team have been amazing so far. She is very tuned in to the type of woman I am looking forward to being with in a long term relationship! Very on top of tasks and is a pleasure to interact with in this process.

Original review: May 1, 2019

Obed has been available and responsive. He tries to fit all the qualities I want in a woman into his choice for me. He calls me back and answers question. He also provides email notice on updates for date acceptance, time and location.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I am impressed with the excellent customer service that I have consistently received from each IJL team member who I have encountered in this new journey. My matchmaker, Pilar, is professional, personable and dedicated to find me the perfect match. Everyone I have spoken with at IJL has confirmed that I've made the right choice to become an IJL member.

Original review: April 29, 2019

This organization misrepresents their services and capabilities. They do not have appropriate candidates and they lie repeatedly. I went on two dates, which amounts to $1000 per date since the membership fee for 6 months is $2000. They do not run an ethical business and they should be shut down.

Original review: April 29, 2019

So far I have had a great experience with Obed! He has stayed in constant contact and makes me feel like I am being heard with what I am looking for. I would recommend him to a friend without a doubt.

Original review: April 26, 2019

Thank you for the service and prompt response by Erica and her team. Eric has been most helpful in aligning me with the most fitting candidates and making adjustments as I request. Also, Erica and Pilar good at making adjustments to my request on candidates. Exciting to see what happens!

Original review: April 26, 2019

I am new to online dating services. Aleisha, my matchmaker, has been very attentive to me and my interests in identifying eligible male interests. I am still not totally sure how the whole thing works but I appreciate Aleisha's efforts to find qualified dates.

Original review: April 23, 2019

I am writing this a little early, but Leticia is amazing, hands down!!! Also, I just started to get to know Debbie, and I appreciate her patience and follow-up calls on prospective matches. Debbie has been awesome so far-- I am looking forward to date one!!!

Original review: April 23, 2019

Obed listens well to my requirements and expectations. His demeanor is always polite and professional. I think he tries very hard to provide the type of matches that would be compatible to me. I think he is knowledgeable to the market regions and potential matches that they offer. I look forward to working with him in the future and hope to find a perfect match.

It's Just Lunch expert review by Mark Brooks

It's Just Lunch! is a matchmaking service that caters to professionals who would like to meet over lunch or drinks. This service has over 23 years of matchmaking experience.

• Uses professional matchmakers: Rather than leaving meetings up to chance, matchmakers meet with users for a confidential interview. They then match users based on the information discussed during this meeting.

• All matches take place at partner restaurants: It's Just Lunch! sets up dates at local restaurants they are partnered with, taking the stress out of deciding where to have the first date.

• Focus on privacy: Prior to the first meeting, users are only given their date's first name, description and reason why the matchmaker thinks the date will work out.

• Users can give feedback on every date: Whether a date works out or it is a dud, matchmakers want to hear what happened and follow up after every date to fine tune the dating process based on the user's experience.

• Matchmakers can be found worldwide: No matter where users are in the world, they can make a date through It's Just Lunch!

• Best for: People seeking a long-term relationship, people with hectic schedules and people new to the area.

Profile picture of Mark Brooks
Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

It's Just Lunch! Company Information