It's Just Lunch!
3.96/5

It's Just Lunch!

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

It's Just Lunch is the world’s Number 1 personalized dating service. At It's Just Lunch we take away the frustration of dating and make it easy for you to meet people worth spending your time with. Our dating specialists handle everything in a personalized and efficient manner... from finding the right matches to making all the arrangements for the date. All you have to do is show up and enjoy meeting someone new.

It's Just Lunch was founded in 1991 and has been helping professional singles around the world find meaningful relationships ever since. With over 150 It's Just Lunch locations worldwide, there is sure to be one near you.

View More View More

It's Just Lunch! Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: June 26, 2019

I invested in myself and signed up for IJL a few months ago. Had a fabulous experience from beginning to end. Beginning, I was speaking to Kate, who asked me all of the original interview questions to get to know me better. At that first set of calls, I decided to wait on joining. I heard from Kate a couple more times over the next few months, and after speaking with her again, I decided to pay my fee and join. I was then speaking with Dominique, who was thorough, asked me more questions to get to know me and my interests more, and was my "coach" for the rest of the time. My first date was just ok, but looked good on paper. About a month later I was set up on another date with a guy named Barry, and after 5 dates, I am with him, I adore him, he adores me, we are taking it slow, and do not want to date anyone else. Excellent service, loved everyone I spoke to from IJL, and I couldn't be happier.

Get expert buying tips about Matchmaking Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 15, 2019

Hi everyone, Wanted to pass on some highlights for It's Just Lunch. Here are some pros and cons: *Admin note - my background: male, no kids, been with IJL for a year and a half.

Pros:

- Was impressed with the organization as a whole to match someone up with another person's QUALITIES. That IS a bit rare.

- I really think they DID match me up with what I was looking for in someone. Will admit- think the qualities a woman would be looking for in a man would be similar to (close to, but not always the same as) the qualities a man is looking for in a woman, so admittedly my case is probably different.

*e.g.- Not too long ago I gave some different feedback in what I was looking for in someone. a) At first I thought I wanted someone 'exciting', like a Ghost of Christmas Present haha; b) then I thought I wanted someone a little bit calmer; c) and now I think I can say I'm looking for someone in between, ie someone exciting but still patient and emotionally understanding.

The 'directors' WERE able to take my feedback each time and find some people who had those qualities. I still think that was pretty rare, and they did deliver.

Cons:

- Main theme - All offers in this organization are handled over the phone. I haven't seen ANY prices listed ANYWHERE on any sites for how much the program is. I understand some of the categories or criteria may be different, (ie gender, if you have kids, income, age, do you WANT someone with kids, etc) so everyone has a different set of circumstances, but still. I was a little surprised to not see ANY prices given. (I knew this was going to be an expensive program, and it is, but it would be beneficial to have at least SOMETHING listed on the website, ie how much coaching sessions are.)

*Areas for improvement (true for any organization) - Short version for me is I started off working with matchmakers in a local 'field office'. A few months ago I was switched to a national-level matchmaker in a completely different part of the country (Debbie, see below). Wasn't really a problem, but it did catch me a bit off guard. Kinda missed the personal face-to-face feeling of knowing I was talking with someone locally (ie someone who knows the local area, can say it's raining here and it's raining there too haha).

Longer version (spoilers) - Some of those field offices tried roping me into 'high pressure sales tactics' with higher-paid offers over the phone, saying "I need this right now." - I accepted the first offer, and I'm still glad I did. - A year later, I had someone try to get me to agree to a higher offer, and I had only 30 mins to agree to it. (Debbie has since told me she does not use high pressure sales tactics, and I believe her. More on her at the end.) - To this day I wish I would have told them I would think about it over the weekend and would get back with them on Monday. Maybe I should be grateful- I'm a stronger person for it now!

*I'm still kind of curious to see if an 'annual renewal' offer will be e-mailed out several weeks ahead of time, or will only be via phone like the last one was.

Bottom line - I think this organization is worth it. I take responsibility for my actions, past and present. 1. I would think AHEAD of time about what you would be willing to pay for different levels of services. (I'm a quiet guy, so this organization did help me quite a bit. Would not have met some just PERFECT women if not for IJL. They said no tho haha.) 2. I do think a relationship with your director is important. 3. Finally, I would also be aware of any time-sensitive offers over the phone. Would recommend telling them you'll need a few days to think about it and I would stick to that, no matter how upset or demanding they are haha. Those are my thoughts and my opinions!

*About Debbie - She is a very determined, strong-willed, straightforward and even indifferent person. Very professional, very assertive, very energetic & enthusiastic. Almost like an agent in sports. I do think she has produced results. I was perhaps skeptical at first, mainly because I had no idea I was being transferred to her, but my experiences with her in the past few months have been nothing but positive! Felt like I had Kevin O'Leary from Shark Tank working for me haha.

- I liked that line "you are responsible for what you write" hahaha.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I have had a very positive experience with It's Just Lunch working with Aleisha and her team. Becoming single again after many years can be intimidating and I wasn't sure where to start. While traveling, I read an ad for It's Just Lunch and decided to give it a try. From the first phone call, the team there made me feel comfortable and confident in its process. Still doubtful, I decided what do I have to lose and I might as well try it. The team at It's Just Lunch spent a lot of time talking with me to get to know me and build my profile. Matches were sent to me for my review, then I could decide if I wanted to proceed.

I've been a memeber now for close to three months and I have met three gentlemen. All were very kind and better in person than their profile picture. All the dates were enjoyable experiences. It was very comfortable entering the restaurant, where the hostess would take me to my match. The restaurants chosen by It's Just Lunch had friendly attentive wait staff, great food, and an inviting atmosphere. I have been very pleased with my experience so far and can't wait to see what It's Just Lunch has in store for me in the future.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

It's Just Lunch is an amazing matchmaking site! I have been on several other dating sites and they are glorifying the 'hook up' culture that's prevalent among our population. It's Just Lunch (IJL) is totally different. They start with a personal interview (either in person or Skype). They will then try and match you to people that they think you would be interested in after you talked with them. Then they assign you a personal matchmaker.

The woman assigned to me has been excellent. Her name is Pilar, and she has been a great match maker! She will send brief information out via email on a new potential match, will follow that up with several phone calls to see if I am interested. If I am interested she goes and sets up the date; time date and location. Then it's up to me to determine if the date is someone that I want to continue to see. The matchmaking process through IJL has been a terrific experience! I will continue to recommend their services to my friends and coworkers. It's the only online dating service that makes any kind of sense in my book.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I've been on two dates so far, but I do feel that IJL is doing a good job of finding interesting and compatible women for me to meet. I'd like to give particular thanks to the two IJL staffers I'm working with, Marshaad ** and Monique **; they stay in close touch and check in with me before and after every date. My only criticism of IJL (and it's simply an IJL policy decision at this point) is that I would like to have video chats with my matchmaker so that they have a better idea of who I am. And of course I would want them to be having video chats with their other clients as well. The process of matchmaking would seem to me to be about knowing what the candidates are really like and having a sense of who might pair well with whom. But otherwise, so far so good! I am happy to be working with them and I feel my money was well spent.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch?

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

It's nice meeting new women. Great service indeed. I get opportunities that I would not have otherwise. Obed is very professional and does a great job finding matches. I look forward to more dates in the future! Thank you Obed.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

I am giving Tameka a 10/10 review, not the company itself ;). Ever since the switch in matchmaker I feel much better about my investment. She has replied to all my emails and has followed up with me as much as possible so far. I really appreciate feeling like she wants to find me my right match and has made me feel comfortable voicing my concerns.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

I just started membership with IJL this fall. I have had meetings with a couple of nice people, good possibilities for further meetings. So far things have been fairly well organized with timely reminders. Looking forward to future dates based on feedback I have given. Overall a positive experience considering the difficulties involved. Thanks for being polite and professional in arranging these meetings.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

Debbie has such a good instinct and always arranges dates with great people! She is always interested in how the date went and making sure it was the best Match possible. I would recommend her to anyone. This is so much better than an app.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

Debbie is delightful and I have the utmost confidence in her that she will find my perfect match. I've never done this before so it's nice to have someone who's so confident in what they're doing. She makes me feel very comfortable and I always look forward to her phones calls.

It's Just Lunch expert review by Mark Brooks

It's Just Lunch! is a matchmaking service that caters to professionals who would like to meet over lunch or drinks. This service has over 23 years of matchmaking experience.

• Uses professional matchmakers: Rather than leaving meetings up to chance, matchmakers meet with users for a confidential interview. They then match users based on the information discussed during this meeting.

• All matches take place at partner restaurants: It's Just Lunch! sets up dates at local restaurants they are partnered with, taking the stress out of deciding where to have the first date.

• Focus on privacy: Prior to the first meeting, users are only given their date's first name, description and reason why the matchmaker thinks the date will work out.

• Users can give feedback on every date: Whether a date works out or it is a dud, matchmakers want to hear what happened and follow up after every date to fine tune the dating process based on the user's experience.

• Matchmakers can be found worldwide: No matter where users are in the world, they can make a date through It's Just Lunch!

• Best for: People seeking a long-term relationship, people with hectic schedules and people new to the area.

Profile picture of Mark Brooks
Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

It's Just Lunch! Company Information