It's Just Lunch!

Consumer Reviews

Because I am fairly shy, I reluctantly joined IJL. Their initiation process went fluidly, and helped me graduate from shyness to a point where I was champing at the bit to get started. And what they committed to doing...to intelligently and purposefully choose women for me to consider meeting who had more in common with me than "we both like long walks on the beach". I've learned to trust my contacts at IJL, who have treated me sensitively, and who seemed to take my dating experiences personally, as if they were a family member who wanted me to find my soulmate through their efforts. And I will miss them... because that's exactly what has occurred. And she's wonderful...

Job well done! Attentiveness, care taken in selections, response time and professionalism has been awesome.

Sherri is Awesome in my book! Made me feel very comfortable about the process. Jessica and Alisha have great as well! When you are spending a lot of money you need people like them to make your experience a great one! So far it has been fun getting to know them! Lastly, Sherri is gorgeous on the outside and inside as well. I would love to find someone who is like her! Thank you Ladies in advance for taking good care of me!

Sheri, Thank you for coaching me. I look forward to utilizing the helpful tips that you shared with me. I wish I could have you in my ear. I'm not good at obvious flirtation, but I think I'm more willing to try after speaking with you. Thanks again.

Sheri contacted me on September 21st. Her call was on time and she made me feel comfortable and relaxed as I was a little nervous. She was able to answer all my questions about what to say at the end of each dating experience. I am excited and so ready to continue this journey. Thank you Sheri for your suggestions and for being so professional.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch?

I thought Sheri was very knowledgeable in the tricky business of dating. I had a few instances on my first date with IJL and she gave me some wonderful and honest tools to use. She had a great upbeat and positive vibe, also an awesome phone voice.

I recently joined IJL so I feel it's a bit early to review my experience. However my face to face conversation was productive. I felt comfortable however it was difficult to answer the question as to what I myself need to work on.

I really have enjoyed my experience with IJL. Everyone I talk to on the phone has been very friendly and pleasant. They are inquisitive about who I am and what I'm looking for. I would enjoy more communication with my personal coach. I've been a member for a month and have only had two phone conversations. Follow through is important especially since the "sale" was so detailed. I feel like the follow through should be equally detailed.

The corporate IJL is horrible. I had used IJL 7 years ago when it was privately owned and had a very good experience. This is why, when I read the negative reviews I didn't take them too seriously. I believe all of them now. IF YOU READ THIS AND HAVE ANY RESERVATIONS ABOUT USING THIS COMPANY YOU WILL ONLY HAVE YOURSELF TO BLAME. I dealt with seven people with my recent experience, seven. I had a sales rep (Jenifer) that will say anything to get you to join but when I referenced back to what she said, I was told she is no longer is with company and it doesn't matter what she said because it is, he said, she said at this point. Again I had used IJL before and had a very good experience so this hard sell was not necessary and I should have looked at this as a huge red flag but didn’t.

In short I was basically called a liar, immediately told I needed to change my search criteria, told I shouldn't have been spoken to that way. Also repeatedly told that "they don’t give refunds, so what do I want to do"??? With the first six people I dealt with, I had never suggested or asked for a refund. I only ask that they honor what I was told. With the seventh I demanded a refund so they would leave me alone. It became quite apparent that once you’re signed, they treat you like you don’t matter and could care less about what they had told you to get you to join. My complete experience would be pages long and I only wanted to share this to help save anyone, on the fence about joining, a lot of trouble. As this would have helped myself before I rejoined. No wonder this company had a NOTICE OF PROPOSED CLASS ACTION SETTLEMENT and I expect more to come.

The sales staff at It's Just Lunch promoted a program that would vet potential matches for the active individual who can't find the time to find a suitable match. It's Just Lunch made assurances that they have not been able to deliver on. Two months, and not one of the four matches they committed to happened. Not one lunch. Not one coffee date. Although the staff stay in touch, the staff don't seem to communicate well. Professional courtesies such as please do not disturbed during the work day, were not always followed. When contacted to request a refund because they were not delivering, front line staff indicated that I could speak with a supervisor, but there would be no refund. I heard a version of that paraphrase more than once in a conversation. In conversations staff were distracted by other activities and I had to question them to stay on my file.

Dating Advice Call. The information that I received from Sheri was really good, she answered my questions in a professional manner and is very responsive whenever I need anything.

Sheri interviewed me via FaceTime, and was amazing. Very professional when we had technical difficulties with the connection. Very insightful and patient as she coached me. Helped me find better ways to describe what I'm looking for.

Had a good experience so far. My director Aleisha was very accommodating with scheduling times around my busy schedule, and my coach Sheri was extremely friendly and gave excellent and practical advice. Look forward to working with these guys.

So far this has been a seamless and enjoyable experience. Talking with my dating team I feel like I have been able to suss out exactly what I am looking for and they have worked to get me set up with someone who they think will be a fantastic match. The team is open, friendly and supportive. Hoping this is a successful endeavour!

Sheri was excellent. Great interpersonal skills, she put me at ease, and had great advice. She answered all of my questions, and put me at ease. I would definitely recommend her! Thanks.

I met a great guy. I told my IJL matchmaker what my criteria was for my match and she found the guy with all my highlights and he is a great person! Thank you IJL!

They are both very nice on the phone and in e-mails. They are patient and helpful toward me with finding the location of where to meet Anne, my in-person interviewer in Atlanta, the first time. I got lost in Atlanta traffic and Monique helped me with directions. I was not able to keep my first meeting with Anne, but Lisa listened to my explanation and seemed patient with me, and then re-scheduled it for a few days later.

I did not like having my first date before meeting with my interviewer and my dating coach. I have a few "deal-breakers" that I wanted to be sure were entered into my profile. I also wanted advice and coaching from an IJL lady as to how to approach dating. I have not dated for years. I did not like the high-end nature and locale of either the first date or the first interview. I am not comfortable being around wealthy people and luxurious surroundings, nor do I feel safe being in the middle of crowded and loud and congested cities, restaurants, hotels, events, etc.

If I could have met with my interviewer before my first date, for instance, I could have emphasized these facts: Please do not: set me up on dates with very wealthy ladies who live very expensive life-styles. I am a retired blue-collar and military man. I can not support and do not enjoy luxurious surroundings, high-end restaurants, cruises, flying, hotels, clothes, and activities; Do not limit my choice of dates to only ** ladies. I am very interested in Asian, South American, Mexican, and Native-American and Pacific-Islander ladies, especially those who are not from a wealthy or pampered back-ground and life-style; Please do not set me up with ladies who are obese, have young children or grand-children living with/or dependent upon them;

Please arrange dates for me with ladies who are blue-collar, white-collar, military, old-fashioned, country-girls, feminine, not "high-maintenance" ladies who require and demand that huge amounts of money be spent on them. I can not afford that. Also, I do not like a lot of tattoos, piercings, wild hair and nail polish, irresponsible and loud behavior, criminal record, going to clubs and bars where smoking and fast-dancing are happening. Slow-dancing and quiet, intimate, non-luxuriant restaurants, etc. are OK;

I do not like to fly in any kind of aircraft. If a lady wants to travel, we will have to go by car, ship, or train. I am ex-military, and have had many scary close-calls in all kinds of air-craft. I want a lady who wants a gentleman as her man. I want a lady who is serious about finding one man with whom to develop a relationship, not to continue serial-dating from now on.

All-in-all, I am happy with my IJL experience, but I wanted to explain these "particular" preferences so that I do not get sent on any more dates with ladies who live a life-style that I can not "get into." Please let Lisa and Monique and Anne know about these preferences I have listed here. I am not sure that I mentioned them all before. Thank you.

Dating Interview - Professional and well spoken. Questions were clear and concise.

I am enjoying the experience. All of the people at IJL that I have had contact with have been very nice. Clari, my dating coordinator, is great. She is very easy to talk to and is always encouraging.

Once I started working with Debbie ** at IJL things have been great (matches, date location, scheduling, etc.). Being single and not wanting to be can be frustrating. I think the dating coordinators at IJL do a great job but finding one that really cares like Debbie ** is what sets her apart from the rest. I think IJL is a very professional organization and I continue to be happy with my decision to use their service! Thank You...

My dispute concerning It's Just Lunch deals with the company negotiating a contract with me in bad faith and knowing that they could not perform on their promises. They promised me 4 handpicked dates within 6 months (but assured me it would be more) and/or 6 profiles to review that would be professionally evaluated and match up to my criteria specified after an extensive interview process. They sent me one who didn't meet my criteria remotely and another one that didn't either but I went on the date anyway, and of course it did not work out. He said he has just joined. I was so surprised that I wasn't getting more opportunities. I'm attractive, fit, smart and fun. I asked Meisha **, my dating director about the availability of men for me and she said, "They are available, but none I would send to you." I asked her why, and she said I was attractive and these just wouldn't be a fit.

So two weeks went by and I heard nothing. So I sent an email and asked for a refund since they obviously could not meet their part of the agreement. I got no reply and two more weeks went by. I followed up again with Meisha by phone and email. She finally emailed and said she was so sorry for the delay and had a supervisor call me. Debbie ** called, a manager and apologized as well. She said she actually had someone in mind for me and was going to send the profile to me as soon as she hung up. That was on a Friday and by the following Wednesday, I had heard nothing from her. 5 weeks had gone by without a profile sent to me. Then, they send me a new dating director and I basically told her I had contacted American express about the bill.

I should have done more research because apparently they are doing this everywhere. In New York a lawsuit was won from someone that sued It's Just Lunch, ** et al v. IJL. The complaint accused It's Just Lunch of falsely promising clients that its staff would hand select appropriate matches for dates. It also said the company would charge $1000 or more per person per year for services it did not deliver. I don't understand why they are still allowed to run a business??? What a joke!

My interview with Debbie was good. My delay in responding is based on my hectic travel/work schedule. I also learned a lot on my first date--and Debbie's original questions now make more sense to me. If possible, a follow-up to update her and all at IJL on my more specific "wants" in a date may be helpful to my future success in being matched to what I am looking for. I provided much of this "new" input in my feedback on my first date. Thanks to Debbie & all for your assistance.

Sheri was very helpful and informative. She asked pertinent questions regarding my aspirations for dating. She clarified any questions and concerns and remained unfazed despite our technical difficulties during the interview. She was also friendly and accommodating as an interviewer.

I am so thrilled that I made the decision to sign up with IJL. Debbie ** has been wonderful as my dating advisor and she really listens to me. Debbie is always available and responsive and completely takes the burden and stress out of dating. I highly recommend this service.

I feel that there are too many people dealing with me = 6. How can 1 (Marie) know me very well to find a good match for me? I don't feel that Marie and I have had a long enough conversation for her to REALLY know me. I've talked to several = my information is not being passed on correctly.

They misrepresent their services. They do not set you up with appropriate individuals. They go long periods of time without contacting you despite requests for updates. Waste of money.

There are several staff, but mainly Debbie, that have provided dating matches for me while with It's Just Lunch. Debbie is kind and cordial over the phone, when arranging dates for me, and works to research matches based on my preferences. She is informative when I ask questions. Thank you, Debbie, for making my experience with It's Just Lunch a good one.

I was excited about this whole experience but the penny has tarnished more as time goes on. You are well outside your 3 days of requesting a refund when the things happen you aren't pleased with. Now let me state upfront I take full responsibility for sending my signature without reading their contract, but when I did try to open the document, I never could and told them that. I take full responsibility for not digging deeper about all of my dates being local, because they list Huntsville as a hub; they DID NOT ever tell me in the course of the SALES CALL/PITCH that it had been closed, which I think is pretty important.

I did say I'd go to Nashville or Birmingham on occasion, even Dallas as I have relatives who live there... Marlo, lives in the same neighborhood as they do practically and so we had lengthy conversation and she never once said "You WILL ALWAYS GO TO BIRMINGHAM!!!" I get set up with date #1, meet, he's late, disheveled and it's not their fault but he talks about bringing all the women to same restaurant???!!!! Well?? The company was kind, I got a token gift card for his behavior... which is NOT their fault.

Then, they stay true to their word, they send me to Birmingham! In his profile he's handsome, a professional; we're to have an extended date... Day into evening. I spend a considerable amount of time picking an outfit that will carry me through both time slots and outings, drive my little over 2 hours and part of it through rain you can barely see through! I arrive on time, walk in to be told he'd called and "he's not coming". No other reason was left for me...

I think our phone numbers should be given out so that if one party doesn't intend to "show up", they can at least save the other person not only hours of drive time, but preparation time as well. In total, I spent 4 hours, 30 minutes driving and 2 1/2 picking clothes and getting ready for my date and he was obviously a professional at being rude and inconsiderate. The least one could do if they are showing is say "I'm sorry, please tell her... (whatever reason)." Don't you think?

I emailed IJL and told them all about it, took them 3 days to call and no email... I never responded to the call as I'm so over this. I've never been stood up in my life and now I paid for it!! I've received an email from Nadine, wanting to know availability. To be honest, I told her that for him, NONE. I don't do second chances. Your first impression is your most important, he screwed that up.

I've asked for a refund to no avail, and on more than one occasion, so I've asked for half a refund, that seems fair. I didn't do my due diligence and they didn't tell all the truth upfront either! I tried to post on their page but I couldn't see how you could, maybe there's a reason for that. My advice, you can do just as well on your own and when I signed up I didn't feel that way. Unfortunately, it's come to that.

My experience with It's Just Lunch has been good. The staff has been very open to my needs and seems to care quite a bit with trying to find me a person whom I'll feel comfortable with. They get to know you not as a customer but as someone they can help and to me that's a great feeling.

So far...I am extremely happy with Stacie and Debbie. I have a first date scheduled within 5 days of joining. :-) They both are great listeners and cut to the chase! Thank you.

It's Just Lunch! Company Profile