It's Just Lunch!
4.21/5
Based on 745 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need a good matchmaking service?

It's Just Lunch!

It's Just Lunch is the world’s Number 1 personalized dating service. At It's Just Lunch we take away the frustration of dating and make it easy for you to meet people worth spending your time with. Our dating specialists handle everything in a personalized and efficient manner... from finding the right matches to making all the arrangements for the date. All you have to do is show up and enjoy meeting someone new.

It's Just Lunch was founded in 1991 and has been helping professional singles around the world find meaningful relationships ever since. With over 150 It's Just Lunch locations worldwide, there is sure to be one near you.

View More View More

5004 It's Just Lunch! Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 14, 2018

Kimberli did so great! I had a really wonderful time on the first date that she set up for me. I can't say enough good things about my experience with IJL so far. The location was fantastic, and the man she chose for me was interesting, authentic, kind, and a great conversationalist. What a special evening!

Original review: July 12, 2018

The dating game has changed a great deal over the years. Everyone seems to be too busy talking on their cell phone/ looking at their cell phone APs that they don't notice the person in front of them. No one seems to have time to search for their perfect someone. It's Just Lunch is a great service because it allows people to do the looking for you. They set it up, you have a great time, and I am hoping for the right one to come along soon. Two dates so far and the service is concentrating hard on trying to find the right person for me. The only reason I gave 4 stars is because I haven't found her yet. When it's a success I will find a way for the system to allow me to give TEN stars.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: July 12, 2018

My recent match was very good: many things in common, for example, likes, interests, faith, both widows(ers) and top priorities matched well. Also pleased that Dating Director was willing to match me in near-by cities to increase the possibilities of a great match.

Original review: July 11, 2018

They have been great to deal with. They scheduled a date for me with a very pretty lady that I felt instantly comfortable with. They made dinner reservations and reminded me (not that I could forget) about my date and gave me the restaurant's contact info in case I would be running late. It couldn’t have been any easier. I’m glad I spent the time talking with them because they introduced me to someone that I’m interested in getting to know better.

Original review: July 10, 2018

When Kimberki and I first talked on the phone, I had various concerns about using It's Just Lunch. This was within my 3 day period of signing up and I had to address my concerns as I was considering cancelling your service. Kimberki was polite, firm and addressed ALL of my questions. We went on to have a successful phone conversation where she was able to discern my personality, and make choices that are a better fit for me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch?

Original review: July 6, 2018

Very timely intake and first date within days! Those helping were kind and understanding of my concerns. Thank you! Dating after a divorce is difficult and time consuming. It's Just Lunch makes the process easier since they do the work. It is nice to know they are for me!

Original review: July 6, 2018

My Dating Director set up the perfect date on only my second date! We have been together for 8-months and both have a amazing friendship along with an great relationship. The two of us would have never meet if it was not for IJL!

Original review: July 5, 2018

Had a date with Christine on 6-28-2018 set up by my matchmaker Aleisha and Ashley and it was a very good first experience. This was set up to be a nice easygoing encounter. I enjoyed Christine company and in general now appreciate the wonderful job and support I have been given by my expert matchmakers at It's Just Lunch!. Although this was my first official date I'm really looking to the next one.

Original review: July 5, 2018

Even after you tell them you met someone, you cancel your membership, tell them never to contact you again they still call you! They are extremely unprofessional and unorganized. Never give them any of your information.

Original review: July 5, 2018

The process is different then anything I’ve experienced before. That can be a good or bad thing. So far I’m enjoying the service and looking forward to meeting more new people. Thanks to the staff for explaining things when questions arise. Very responsive!!

Original review: July 5, 2018

I feel that Kimberli has done an excellent job interviewing me and consulting me for my matchmaking. She is thorough and clearly wants to help me be successful in my quest. I would recommend her to a friend. She is genuinely wanting me to find the right person for me.

Original review: July 3, 2018

My matchmaker, Obed, was great to work with. I already have a second date planned. Our first date was arranged at a great restaurant and at a good time of the day. My date was exactly what I expected and I was not disappointed.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I have gone on 7 dates. The first two were with very nice women who lived 1 to 1.5 hours away! That was ridiculous and I told the IJL people that I was "promised" by the sales person that there were plenty of eligible women in my city. They said, we can only provide dates in your "region," which could be who knows where. After telling them that NO, I will only date women who live within 30 minutes they got it straight for the most part. Every woman I went out with was very nice and in the ball park of what I was looking for. I've put my membership on hold so that I could continue dating one of my matches to see how it goes. So, with the caveat about location... I am quite satisfied with IJL.

Original review: July 2, 2018

First date went smoothly and IJL's match for me was surprisingly accurate to my desires. My matchmaker, Lisa, has been extremely helpful and kind through the whole process. Can't wait to see where this match may lead to in the future...

Original review: June 30, 2018

The lady matchmaker was professional. (However the coach did not call me on the date and time we agreed upon.) The restaurant was good. She found a decent match. It was my first experience. I am looking forward to more interesting lunches.

Original review: June 30, 2018

This is my first experience with IJL and I am blessed to have Kimberli and Tameka working as a team to help me meet my other half. I appreciate the way they communicate and support me through this process, each step of the way. I feel confident I chose the right dating site to meet the men who are right for me.

Original review: June 29, 2018

Not worth it. Way too expensive. Very bad experience. On my flight back home from Arizona I saw an add about IJL on a magazine on the flight and I read it. On my experience and few other people that I know that have tried it, we have had a very bad experience with it. The reps are very imposing and they literally make your story to present to the person they want to set you up with. It was a nightmare, I didn't even recognize myself when they were trying to set me up with ** person. I would be like 'That is not what I do or like, or want'.

I was a single girl that wants kids and they set me up with a gentleman that had 4 teenage kids done with having babies and he was a captain on a boat. Was more out on the water than inland and when in land he would always have his kids. He had no luck with all the set ups he had. I was his 4th and he said, "I really like you but we don't have nothing in common. Aren't they supposed to find us compatible dates?" I tried to complain and never got my refund. I tried to fight it but since I had paid with a debit card I couldn't dispute it. They are the reason I never ever use my debit card for any payments.

And here I am married now. Meet my husband and I meet on Tinder free app, I regret the money I spend on IJL. Don't you do it guys and girls. They are a rip off and in the end it was not the money. It was the way they handled the situation. Do yourself a favor. Look at other free options. She is out there. These people don't care about you.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I have been impressed with the level of service I have received from the very beginning. And my first date met all of my criteria. My matchmaker has been amazing at listening to my wants and needs and is definitely on the right track. Who knows... maybe things will work out with Match #1 and no further assistance will be required.

Original review: June 29, 2018

IJL is a good program. Traveling as much as I do, it is a convenient way to meet people & get dates when I'm home. Also, one meets people from many different walks of life whom one would never meet any other way. Give it a try!

Original review: June 28, 2018

I've just started my second time with It's Just Lunch. I have been impressed with the engagement and passion of everyone I've interacted with especially my Match Maker, Aleisha, and her assistant, Ashley. Aleisha has been very responsive and picks up the phone in the late evenings when I expect most people have gone home. I am looking forward to meeting someone whom I may have not met without this service.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I have been on one date with IJL. The woman was smart and educated. I focus on the experience of finding love and a new relationship. I sometimes feel some women don't do that because they don't give love time. It's unfortunately true I think. Anyways I love the dates so far and hopefully next one is a relationship.

Original review: June 25, 2018

I'm happily satisfied with Pilar and the matching service she has provided. Pilar is always polite, energetic and listens to my feedback. I look forward to going out on more dates. I would like to have more options on where we meet.

Original review: June 25, 2018

I very happy with my first date with It's Just Lunch. My date was a good match for me. We had some interests income like outdoor activities, travel and live theatre. We enjoyed great conversation over lunch. We plan to meet again in the near future.

Original review: June 25, 2018

My first date with It's Just Lunch was a great match. They hit on all major points. I appreciated the care with which Kaila and Tameka set this up. Everything went exactly as promised and I look forward to working with them again. Well done!

Original review: June 25, 2018

I have had 4 dates in the past 2 months. All have been appropriate choices and were as advertised. I have had follow up dates with 3 of the ladies. I have been pleased with the quality of the people, their appearance, intelligence, and energy. I have had a very good conversations with all of the candidates and would recommend this service to friends.

Original review: June 24, 2018

I have truly enjoyed IJL, I have had the pleasure of meeting very nice, educated, fun and respectable men that I would otherwise not gotten a chance to meet and form friendships with. I am very glad that I have had the opportunity to join and would recommend it to others. Thank you IJL.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I’m super excited to get back in the dating world. I like the experience and professional help they offer for finding my future mate! It’s been a real pleasure that the staff at It's Just Lunch have my best interests in mind. I look forward again to finding my forever.

Original review: June 22, 2018

This was my third date and it was a much better match. It didn't lead to exchange of phone numbers but we had a pleasant lunch and found much to talk about. While the first 2 dates seemed to be just men who were available, this 3rd go around was someone who I could relate to better. My biggest request from the very beginning has been a man who lives out his Christian faith everyday. While Sean doesn't do that, he at least was very much a gentleman and interested in having a nice time. Lisa did honor my request to move the meeting location to a general area that works better so the drive would be reasonable. The restaurant was very nice.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I want to talk a little bit about It's Just Lunch and my dating experiences in the Harrisburg and Pittsburgh areas. OBET has been my dating coordinator and he has provided me with a very nice selection of ladies who I have went on 2 dates with and the staff at it's just lunch has been very professional. They listen to my criteria and try to find me the best suited matches to date. I want to thank it's just lunch for riding this opportunity and service.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I appreciate all of the helpful support I have received from Aleisha and Ashley. Aleisha is a very pleasant person to work with and responds in a timely fashion. I get the sense that she attentively looks out for all of her clients.

It's Just Lunch expert review by Mark Brooks

It's Just Lunch! is a matchmaking service that caters to professionals who would like to meet over lunch or drinks. This service has over 23 years of matchmaking experience.

• Uses professional matchmakers: Rather than leaving meetings up to chance, matchmakers meet with users for a confidential interview. They then match users based on the information discussed during this meeting.

• All matches take place at partner restaurants: It's Just Lunch! sets up dates at local restaurants they are partnered with, taking the stress out of deciding where to have the first date.

• Focus on privacy: Prior to the first meeting, users are only given their date's first name, description and reason why the matchmaker thinks the date will work out.

• Users can give feedback on every date: Whether a date works out or it is a dud, matchmakers want to hear what happened and follow up after every date to fine tune the dating process based on the user's experience.

• Matchmakers can be found worldwide: No matter where users are in the world, they can make a date through It's Just Lunch!

• Best for: People seeking a long-term relationship, people with hectic schedules and people new to the area.

Profile picture of Mark Brooks
    Mark Brooks

Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

It's Just Lunch! Company Information