It's Just Lunch!
4.13/5

It's Just Lunch!

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

It's Just Lunch is the world’s Number 1 personalized dating service. At It's Just Lunch we take away the frustration of dating and make it easy for you to meet people worth spending your time with. Our dating specialists handle everything in a personalized and efficient manner... from finding the right matches to making all the arrangements for the date. All you have to do is show up and enjoy meeting someone new.

It's Just Lunch was founded in 1991 and has been helping professional singles around the world find meaningful relationships ever since. With over 150 It's Just Lunch locations worldwide, there is sure to be one near you.

View More View More

5388 It's Just Lunch! Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: March 19, 2019

I was sold an entirely different service than what I actually received. The salesperson "selling" the service to me promised MUCH more than they could deliver. But once they have your money, there is no recourse. No refunds. No help. No service. After promising me that I would be matched with people who lived in my "area", My first match was someone who lived 80 miles from me. Of course you are not told where your match lives until you meet them in person. So if you accept a match (at $** each), its just hit or miss as to where they live. After I paid my money, I was informed that the IJL definition of "area" is about 100 mile radius from my location.

When I met my first match, she informed me that she herself was not a paying member of IJL, (another omitted detail when you sign up is that you may be matched with anyone in the database, not just other members). She actually told me that she was not interested in dating but was just "doing my recruiter a favor" by meeting with me.

There is not enough time or space in this review to go through all the details of how awful this service is. Of course they will tout their few success stories, but they are few and far between. Apparently the pool of candidates is not very deep either. After only three matches, they start re-sending me previous matches that I had already declined. After declining them a second time, the marketing dept. started applying the pressure to be "open to new experiences". Which is code for just accept what we have because we have nothing else to offer you. I (pre)paid for 4 total matches at $2000 total. After asking me specifically what I was looking for in a match, only one of the four actually met all of the criteria I had listed. Total waste of money.

Get expert buying tips about Matchmaking Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I found Pilar to be responsive and very helpful. While there isn't much in the way of candidates in Boise Id., she has expanded her search into So Cal which was very resourseful. Pilar is my second person I have worked with. The first person was very slow in responding.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I have only had two dates, but in that time I have seen my dating coaches ask questions, take the time to email and call me, put in extra effort to make a good match for me. Thank you to my dating coaches for all your efforts to help me find the love of my life!

Original review: March 16, 2019

I’ve only just started working with Elizabeth at It’s Just Lunch, but am finding her very responsive. She and Aleisha make a great team and I feel well taken care of and guided through the process! So glad I was assigned to the two of them!

Original review: March 14, 2019

IJL has provided me with one of the better first date experiences I can recall offhand. It was really refreshing to meet someone knowing you are both on the same page and are really looking for something more serious. The staff has been very welcoming and helpful! I look forward to more.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch?

Original review: March 14, 2019

Donna has been terrific to work with. She is very caring and extremely interested in making you happy. She is the best to work with so far. Always gets back to you in a timely manner and gives good advice.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I feel that I.J.L. is genuinely interested. I was matched up very well by Obed ** at a good location. I felt chemistry, and each of us has a son (either 4 or 5 years old). We were laughing and smiling, but she indicated I knew much more from her profile than she knew of mine. I was very interested, but she texted 3 days later that she had been dating someone else for about 2 weeks.

Original review: March 13, 2019

The first couple of dates were not very spot on but we got better. I believe my feedback helped and was taken with consideration. My consultant followed up with me before and after each meeting. Looking forward to my next date!

Original review: March 12, 2019

IJL is a good way to meet people. This service like all dating services is a number's game, you have to meet a lot of people to find that special person. The difference is that IJL puts you in front of "quality" dates. Their service is like investing in your self. I would tell everyone to give their service a try.

Original review: March 12, 2019

My experience with It's Just Lunch is extremely pleasurable and professional. Vanessa's diligent work for securing a match was dead on. My date and I enjoyed each other that we did not realize 3 hours past before checking the time. Without her help, I would have not met such an enjoyable person as Bill. Thank you???

Original review: March 11, 2019

I had a nice lunch with Brent. It was relaxed and we both felt free to talk. I am not sure what I think about him for long term but we will at least have a second date to get to know each other better.

Original review: March 11, 2019

Matches were legitimately interested in finding a serious relationship. However, IJL did not honor the contract and let me choose my final match. After the 6 months or 4 matches, you are done. However, I had a 4th match still open and a year and a half. They decided to lie and say that I said yes to the 4th match and then backed out. Total lie!!! I have e-mail evidence that this is not true. My matchmaker then ghosted me. Run far away from this service. There are not many people using it anyway - and I live in LA! I would have given them a better review had they not done this horrible lie! Shame!

Original review: March 8, 2019

Debbie is the best and she works with me and is so patient and everything!! Should of done this a long time ago! This is the best company to help you find love. Everyone is so nice and understanding and down to earth as well.

Original review: March 6, 2019

My experience with this company was awful. Poor unfiltered selections, no date, $** later and was told my contract expired a month after it started! They match you with poor quality candidates. Some of them are non paying members to fulfill their contract. Whether or not you go on a date with this match (or matches) doesn't matter as they have fulfill their obligation I was told. Their matchmakers don't return calls promptly or at all in some cases once you've paid. You're better off looking on your own on other sites less expensive. IJL advertises itself as a personalized matchmaking service with professional matchmakers, there is nothing professional about them and personalized is highly doubtful. Save yourself time and money, do not try or sign up with this company.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I have been very disappointed in IJL. I have had one date on Feb., 17, 2019 and my contract expires on March 6, 2019. That date was not who I was told he was, close by my location or looked like the picture IJL sent. I paid for 4 dates and IJL has not honored its contract.

Original review: March 5, 2019

The IJL dating coach is very professional and nice. I have had two dates and the dates have not been good matches for me personally. If you are willing to date out of your area then your pool of available dates will be greater.

Original review: March 4, 2019

Marie my matchmaker was very cooperative and empathetic. Even though this specific match didn't work out everything was handled very professionally. Reservations were made at a window table and the restaurant hostess was expecting both parties. Tameka called the day before to confirm and remind me about the appointment.

Original review: March 4, 2019

Lisa and team at Just Lunch - This lady and her entire team is so wonderful to work with. They are responsive and give excellent customer service. They always make me feel important. I am glad to know them. This is a company that is a great choice for busy professionals! The process is respectful of my time, my schedule and my feelings. They really care about my experience. I think they have improved each time I have given them feedback and that is really important to me.

Original review: March 3, 2019

Wish I had known about the recent class action lawsuit against IJL before giving them almost $3000. Also wish I had known about the Matchmaker job posting that doesn't have that skill as a prerequisite, but did ask for, "shouldn't shy away from objections and should excel at closing," and looking for, "friendly competition in the office." After being sent on 3 ridiculously inappropriate meetings I tried to contact the Matchmaker. Front desk person belittled and tried to shame me, and Matchmaker yelled at me that she "doesn't fail!" and "isn't in customer service!" They lied in documents to the Better Business Bureau and the MN Attny Gen's office. I write this in the hope no one else is harmed by this company.

Original review: March 1, 2019

Our matchmaker was Natalie. I have gone out with Lena four times so far. We are in the early stages right now in that we're still exploring each other's preferences as we look for common grounds. We are definitely off to a good beginning and am glad I joined.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

My first and only date was with a gentleman that lived over 5 hours away from Seattle. He had no desire to more, nor did I and we had nothing in common except that we were single. He told me IJL had been sending him on dates to Seattle repeatedly with woman that did not want to move! They had given him extended dating period since they cannot find anyone in his area. IJL does not listen to what you are looking for in a mate. They are just throwing warm bodies around.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I had a great experience with one of my matchmakers. She brought me out of my set mindset and helped me to open my eyes and heart. I think my dating experiences with IJL will be different and more productive as a result of her pep talk. ❤️

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

It was a nice date. She was beautiful, very attentive, and extremely intelligent. The date lasted for two hours and the conversation was enjoyable. I would hope that there will be a second date with Elizabeth. The only negative was the lack of Vegan choices on the menu.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I have enjoyed the in-depth help and research with the comfortable, relaxing atmosphere the staff provides. Staff has no problems with answering any questions that I may have. They are willing to help in any way to assist you. If a person you try to contact is unable to answer or reply to you then you’ll have some other staff that will help or pass your message on. They are very timely in their approach.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

My experience has been wonderful thus far with Marie and the IJL staff! I highly recommend it :). The quality pool of people has been exceptional. The matchmakers really understand what I am looking for and do a wonderful job.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Obed has been very punctual in following up with communication by email, phone calls and voice mail messages. He gets this part of the match process completed in a timely manner. It shows the importance of quality service in your organization. Keep up the good work!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Erica is a very respectful lady, she is open and honest in her questions with me, she understands what I'm looking for in a mate and tries very hard to fix me up with dates that match with what I am looking for, I am glad that she is my representative.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I heard of IJL from 2 friends, one had a great experience and other one didn’t. But I decided to give it a try. My experience so far is ok, I’m not sure if I’m positive about IJL yet. I can’t give much feedback until I get my first 7 matches to be fair with my feedback. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Kaila and Krystal set me up with a nice guy. I was attracted to him and had a enjoyable date/dinner with him. I would have gone out on another date, however he didn't ask me out. He did ask for my information, which I gave to him. I understand we always won't click. All good. I look forward to my next date. Thanks, Debbie.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I had my first date through It's Just Lunch yesterday. I enjoyed the date and found the young lady to be a good match for my first date. I have found everyone I have spoken with at It's Just Lunch to be professional, courteous and helpful. Lisa **, my Matchmaker has stayed in regular contact with me to arrange dates. She has always been available to take my calls and responds to emails promptly. I look forward to continuing to work with Lisa to find more dates.

It's Just Lunch expert review by Mark Brooks

It's Just Lunch! is a matchmaking service that caters to professionals who would like to meet over lunch or drinks. This service has over 23 years of matchmaking experience.

• Uses professional matchmakers: Rather than leaving meetings up to chance, matchmakers meet with users for a confidential interview. They then match users based on the information discussed during this meeting.

• All matches take place at partner restaurants: It's Just Lunch! sets up dates at local restaurants they are partnered with, taking the stress out of deciding where to have the first date.

• Focus on privacy: Prior to the first meeting, users are only given their date's first name, description and reason why the matchmaker thinks the date will work out.

• Users can give feedback on every date: Whether a date works out or it is a dud, matchmakers want to hear what happened and follow up after every date to fine tune the dating process based on the user's experience.

• Matchmakers can be found worldwide: No matter where users are in the world, they can make a date through It's Just Lunch!

• Best for: People seeking a long-term relationship, people with hectic schedules and people new to the area.

Profile picture of Mark Brooks
Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

It's Just Lunch! Company Information