Find a Matchmaking Services partner

It's Just Lunch!

3.8/5 (226 ratings)
Find a Matchmaking Services partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About It's Just Lunch!

It's Just Lunch is a personalized matchmaking service that caters to busy professionals looking for meaningful relationships in more than 110 U.S. cities as well as cities in Canada, the UK, Ireland and Australia. Matchmakers get to know members and use their dating preferences and relationship history to select matches. It's Just Lunch makes all the arrangements for comfortable and safe face-to-face dates, including the time and place. All members have to do is show up ready to meet their match. Potential pairs meet over lunch or after work for drinks.

Pros

• Guaranteed face-to-face dates
  • Free onboarding interview
  • Customized membership plans
  • Fully confidential

Cons

• Lengthy process
  • Can be pricey

Bottom Line

It’s Just Lunch offers an alternative to online dating apps with its personalized matchmaking services. You work one-on-one with a matchmaker who finds potential matches for you and sets up the date.

Top It's Just Lunch! Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch?

Verified

I’m thankful for Debbie and IJL. She’s working hard to find the right man for me by listening and applying my desires. I appreciate the atmosphere this experience provides, and I ...

Verified

Marisol is amazing. She is always cheerful and professional. She makes sure that she follows up and is in touch constantly, most importantly she listens. I also appreciate her spe...

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

What is It’s Just Lunch?

It’s Just Lunch is a matchmaking service that pairs people based on their interests and relationship history. The company’s matchmakers set up a meeting place, typically for lunch or after-work drinks, for the couples to meet.

If you’re interested in joining It’s Just Lunch, you can either fill out a registration form on the company’s website or call for more information. You will go through a free onboarding interview process.

In the 30-minute interview, a dating specialist explains how the service works and asks you about your interests and values and what you’re looking for in a potential date. At the end of the call, the dating specialist offers you membership packages based on the number of dates you want to go on.

How does It’s Just Lunch work?

Once you sign up with It’s Just Lunch, you’re paired with a matchmaker. Your matchmaker spends time getting to know you, your dating history, your preferences and anything else important to your dating goals. At that time, your matchmaker collects payment and begins looking for potential matches.

Your matchmaker shows you photos and information about your potential matches and shares your photo and interests with them. Names and contact information are kept private. Once there’s a mutual match, your matchmaker communicates with your match to set up a first date at a restaurant, bar or cafe.

After the date is confirmed, your matchmaker lets you know where to meet and when. After the date, your matchmaker contacts you to discuss how it went. From there, they’ll set up another date with the same person or a new date with another potential match.

How much does It’s Just Lunch cost?

The cost of It’s Just Lunch varies based on the city you live in, how many dates you’d like to go on and your contract length. It’s Just Lunch doesn’t list prices on its website — membership packages are personalized to your preferences.

Your matchmaker goes over pricing and the packages you can choose from at your onboarding interview. Previous members say the cost typically ranges between $1,000 and $4,000, but $2,000 is the average price.

It’s Just Lunch FAQ

Who owns It’s Just Lunch?
It’s Just Lunch operates as a franchise. Each city has its own staff.
How much does It’s Just Lunch cost in Canada?
The cost of It’s Just Lunch in Canada varies based on which of the six locations — Calgary, Edmonton, The Okanagan, Vancouver, Victoria and Toronto — you live in and how many dates you sign up for.
Does It’s Just Lunch have multiple plans?
Yes, It’s Just Lunch has multiple plans. Plans are customized to each member and vary by the minimum guaranteed number of dates.
Is It’s Just Lunch free?
No, It’s Just Lunch is a paid matchmaking service. A typical membership costs between $2,000 and $4,000, depending on the member’s location, the number of dates a member wants to go on and other factors.

Does It’s Just Lunch work?

Yes, It’s Just Lunch works. The company has helped people go on more than 2 million first dates, with some leading to long, happy relationships and marriages. Matchmakers do all of the work for you, so all you have to do is show up. Plus, the people you meet through It’s Just Lunch are also looking for a relationship, which isn’t always the case with dating apps and other online dating services.

It's Just Lunch! Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch!?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch?

Original review: April 28, 2021

I've been an IJL member for a little over a year and I've had some good experiences so far and met some interesting men, but not the right fit yet. Bryan F recently became my IJL Matchmaker, and what I really appreciate about him is that he obviously reviewed my file for what I'm looking for along with the candid feedback that I've provided from dates with previous matches, and he did an outstanding job with the very first match he made for me. Even though my first date with this match was virtual, it was one of the best dates I've ever had and I'm looking forward to getting to know my match better and see what unfolds. Thank you so much Bryan! - Candace

Original review: March 22, 2021

As a new member of the IJL community, I’d like to give a shout out to my matchmaker, Debbie. We’ve only knowledge each other a brief time, but she’s impressed me with her quick action and ability to identify a suitable guy to meet – in less than 24 hours! Now, that’s impressive! The meeting with the gentlemen went well… Good conversation… However, no sparks. Upon my ride home, I reflected on how nice it was to have the opportunity to meet a nice, intelligent man, enjoy good conversation, while also knowing that I have an advocate in Debbie who is looking for that next potential match. I’m excited to discover who she recommends next.

Get buying tips about Matchmaking Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 16, 2021

I was skeptical about joining a match making service like IJL as I never had any luck with other dating sites or apps, and meeting girls anywhere else. When I join I was questioning whether I had make the right choice cause the price of my membership was really high. But I decided to give it a try anyway and see how it go. Up to this point I have been pleasantly surprised and happy that I join cause I’m getting to go on face to face dates with girls who are interested in meeting guys like me. I can’t say enough good things about my matchmaker Debbie, she’s been a real professional from the first day I talk to her and really cares about her clients, she takes the time to follow up on her clients after each date. I hope to find that special someone on ijl.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

Updated on 04/19/2021: I would like the say how impressed with the attention and time Debbie has give to arranging meetings and suitable matches for me. This is my second experience with IJL and although I have not been successful, my experience with Debbie working with me has been a pleasure. Her job is not an easy one and she has accepted the challenge and continues to be very positive and upbeat.

Original review: Have only had 2 encounters since signing up. Now with Debbie and she is great...have 2 dates lined up and the feedback is wonderful. Looking forward to working with her and reaching my true match. Kissed too many frogs already.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

This is a review of Obed my matchmaker contact with IJL. He is always attentive and very quickly answers any questions and concerns. For example, the initial date he arranged was in a restaurant where I knew I would feel uncomfortable due to their poor compliance with Covid restrictions. Obed immediately changed the venue, let my date know about the change and everything worked out just fine. I would recommend to friends to contact IJL for dating because IJL receives quality applicants and carefully reviews them. I would say for seniors in my age bracket 75 plus or minus 5 that the selection is scarce and that applicants need to be patient.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

This service was a complete waste of time and money. They promise that they do such a thorough job of matching and then you are tossed around to multiple different matchmakers. I had to repeat my preferences to no less than 5 people. When I expressed dissatisfaction in the service absolutely nothing was done about it other than switching my matchmaker who would then switch again during the next match. Of the people I went out with, over half of them were people that I had absolutely nothing in common with, and when I asked why I was matched with them I was never given a straight answer. I just kept getting their runaround sales pitch. No one should waste their time on this service, you'll have better lunch on Tinder.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

Have you heard the saying, “walk your talk?” Well, It’s Just Lunch (IJL) “talks the talk”—-they say all the right things that makes you believe they can help you with dating—-but they don't deliver. I signed on with IJL in August and here it is almost 3 months later and still no date. I have agreed to go out with every match (four thus far) they presented and…nothing. The very first match they arranged, the date was a “no show,” and it was downhill from there. During my initial two hour interview with them, they told me there was no refund. That should have been a sign. In my opinion, don’t spend your money expecting to get someone to help you with your dating because it will be money wasted.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

Amy has worked hard to accommodate dates for me. She listens to what I am suggesting and tries hard to send compatible dates. I really enjoy working with Amy and I hope this continues. Amy has gained my trust and is passionate and cares about her job. I like Amy for because she listens and cares about her job and wants the best for the people she’s helping. Thanks Kindly Dan **

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

My experience with Katie R. in IJH’s Florida office has been wonderful. Katie is very attentive to my requests and always replies to me in a timely way. I appreciate that she takes time to evaluate the right matches according to my needs. Katie R. is a professional matchmaker. I am glad that I can work with her.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

Sarah is amazing and provides great service for me. I'm very pleased with her customer service levels and her matchmaking abilities. I will always use this company for services. They make it easy and painless without having to deal with the stress. Sarah! You're very much appreciated. Thanks Sarah!!!

It's Just Lunch! Company Information