It's Just Lunch!
4.18/5

It's Just Lunch!

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

It's Just Lunch is the world’s Number 1 personalized dating service. At It's Just Lunch we take away the frustration of dating and make it easy for you to meet people worth spending your time with. Our dating specialists handle everything in a personalized and efficient manner... from finding the right matches to making all the arrangements for the date. All you have to do is show up and enjoy meeting someone new.

It's Just Lunch was founded in 1991 and has been helping professional singles around the world find meaningful relationships ever since. With over 150 It's Just Lunch locations worldwide, there is sure to be one near you.

View More View More

5218 It's Just Lunch! Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

It was a 1000 on a scale of 1 to 10. She was beautiful and sexy and kind hearted. Date lasted 24 hours - we had lunch, dinner, looks at waterfront property we may buy together, dinner, sleepover in spare room and breakfast.

Get expert buying tips about Matchmaking Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

First let me say "thank you" to my dating coach, Latasha and my dating coordinator, Darryl. I know I probably drive Latasha "nuts" at times because I ask a LOT of questions and I'm always eagerly anticipating my next date. Latasha is patient and works hard to find matches that meet my criteria. Darryl promptly notifies me about my upcoming date and best of all he sets up my dates up in great restaurants. Through IJL, I'm learning different parts of the city and new "hot spots" in Los Angeles. Thank you IJL!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

Udonna & Tameka, I have recently started working with Udonna and Tameka, and have gone on one date here in Atlanta, which overall was a success, in terms of expectations and addressed concerns that I have experienced in the dating world (push back) due to having children. My date, was attractive, open minded, had children, which confirmed my dating team was actively addressing my issues in setting potential matches. Thanks Tameka and Udonna.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I had a very enjoyable date with Kacy. The venue was nice, the service was good and I appreciated their splitting the bill. Aleisha did a wonderful job of setting up my first date and made all the arrangements painless. Aleisha, my matchmaker and Krystal did a wonderful job on all the date’s details and arrangements.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I would like to commend Donna for her hard work, honesty, loyalty and persistence in trying to find me a match that had the attributes that I specifically requested. I know it was not that easy, because I needed someone exceptional. I must thank Aliesha as well for realizing that she had the right match for me. They worked together very well as a team to find me someone who I am interested in getting to know much better and see where it goes. Although it took a number of months, I know they kept searching and I believe they have found someone who might be the right man for me. Thank you again. Very well done! My very best wishes always!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch?

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

Aleisha has been very nice during this meeting. It’s a bit frustrating trying to make a date through a third party, but I hope this one works out. Looking forward to meeting my next date. Sometimes find it awkward not being able to reach someone with questions of the moment.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I have been very pleased with working with the staff at IJL. They are very professional, friendly and seem to really care about finding me my match. I am very excited to have joined and from my experiences so far I feel I will meet the kind of man that I am looking for.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I have really just begun my journey with It's Just Lunch. I am fortunate to be working with matchmaker Shana **. She has been amazing to work with locating a match. She is very patience, a good listener, very encouraging and committed to finding my match.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

Kim and Tameka have been very swift in responses and very professional. They make Every tiny detail happen and things flow smoothly. I have felt extremely comfortable having these two manage my personal life and set up what is hopefully my future life and relationship.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Just now I feel a responsibility to share my experience because the service was very expensive and the process emotionally taxing. I am an attractive and successful forty year old woman with an open heart. I had the highest hopes of being matched with someone similar to myself. I use the word match very lightly as It's Just Lunch! does not "match", it is a lottery. At times I felt I actually worked for them. I was sent out on continuous dates with men who were disgruntled clients, I think I was sent out with them to appease them. As If IJL was showing them, look shes attractive and interesting, we are doing our job. I felt like a lamb to the slaughter... One beer bellied middle aged man at a time.

The weekly disappointing dates finally led to just total fatigue teetering on depression. My matchmaker then informed me that for ten thousand more dollars I could be "matched" with her elite clients, confirming that until then I'd been paired with the leftovers, the scraps, the cuts to be thrown into the stew. In closing I would recommend you save the thousands, put it in your IRAs and her online and out with friends more. I did end up finding love recently through mutual friends, so don't give up and perhaps even you'll pull a lucky number at IJL but know that it is not a matchmaking service, it is a lottery. You might strike gold.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Your contract and service overall is terrible. As a professional sales person I was grilled for my interview as a female May 2016, mismatched for a very dangerous date 4 months after contract signing of 4 dates within the year. His contract was free, he claimed, mine for one horrific date in 2016 was $**. 2018 second date presented again, no prescreen with him and reservation said was made at a commissary food bar. Finally Nov. of 2018 your service introduced me to a quality individual, your contract reads one year and yet now I am having to respond to surveys or some sort or gratification for your failure to fulfill contract I could not cancel. It would appear your one year contractual agreement is a moving target as you truly lack the marketing and selection of quality candidates.

Your business paradigm no longer fits current dating or meeting sites. Fortunate for me I am in marketing and I understand the failure of your long distance phone bank operating part time system. My $** to your company was nothing in comparison to monthly dating site fees. Mr. ** is a quality individual who was also confused by the sales pitch and lack of quality until we met. It was a miracle you put us together, my contract should have expired 2017 but since you do not have any members as you speak of, miracle for me to meet Garry in 2018. Please. Assess your own contract versus deliverables.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

My team currently is very kind and responsive to my phone calls and other communications. They have asked me about my date and seem genuinely interested in me having a good time and meeting people that are compatible with my personality. I do really like them!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Kimberli and Tameka were exceptionally helpful and responsive. With their help I believe I have met someone I can have a meaningful relationship with. They made the process seamless and painless. I believe that if this relationship does not work they will find me a suitable companion down the road. I would recommend IJL, Kimberli and Tameeka to my friends!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Obed matched me with a guy who seemed authentic, kind, and interested in a long term commitment. It wasn’t a match, but it was certainly better than what I’ve experienced with other dating services. I would highly recommend this experience to others.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

This is my first time doing its just lunch. It is different from online dating because you meet your date in person to see if you have chemistry with each other. I also like the way the matchmaker does everything and you can get to know your date in person.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

The selection process took a bit of time but the match came very close to what I had asked for. The first date went well. We enjoyed a nice lunch and had a lot in common. It was well organized and planned out.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I just started working with a dating service called It's Just Lunch. Kim and Tameka have done such a great job guiding me through the process and preparing me for a great adventure. I look forward to working with them as this adventure continues.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

So far my experience with IJL has been great. My initial call I spoke with Kate and she was excellent at her job. Almost wanted to hire her for sales with my company. Jas has been my matchmaker and has been in constant communication with me. Jessica did my in-person interview/FaceTime. Was a overall good positive experience. Only way this can be better is if they find me a girlfriend. 9/10 will bump to 10/10

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

During my time with It's Just Lunch!, I would say I was very disappointed with my experience. For the amount of money that I paid, my matches were poor at best. And after my membership was over, I received more calls to renew that almost the entire time I was a member. One date every other month was very disappointing. I felt I was listened to until my final date, and unfortunately that date didn't work out. For the amount of money I paid I expected this service to be significantly better than online dating...I felt it was worse.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Kim does a beautiful job explaining who she will be sending me out with. She has a way of understanding me through our conversations so that she can find that right match. Kim has a very positive attitude that leads to her ability to not only coach me but to explain how we should approach our next date. What to say and what maybe to avoid. And she understands the word patience. And that is key to this process.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Service has been a good experience so far. They listen well and make it a great experience. Like the process of the way they try to find me a great partner. Having the feedback process of dating has been a great for me.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

New to IJL and so far so good. Aleisha and the team have been patient explaining the process but work fast to lock in my first and second dates! My experience has been very positive. Looking forward to the journey.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

Working with Kimberli and team has been a good experience. I feel like she is really listening to me and trying to find the right match. She always follows up and the date coordination has gone well. I would and have recommended IJL to a friend.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

Pilar has been professional and diligent in locating potential dates for me. My requirements are quite defined so it's taken a while for me to accept a prospect. Dominique arranged a nice lunch this past week. The gentleman I met with was charming, respectable, and attractive. The lunch date went well and was worth the wait.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

My experience is very good. It’s Just Lunch very professional. I am so happy with my matchmaker Latasha. She is very kind, understanding and excellent coach and good listener. She is so good at her job and gave me good tips and made me comfortable in this dating process. Thank you so much Latasha and thanks too to Derryl.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

My experience with IJL has been up and down. The salesman was great. First two matchmakers bad but now have found Aleisha and Krystal and they have been very helpful. So despite poor customer service in the beginning I am now excited to hear from IJL again and am optimistic Aleisha and team will work with me to help in whatever way they can.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I thought the It's Just Lunch team did a very good job of orchestrating the dates and selecting appropriate locations for them. The consideration that the team afforded me in assessing my needs is appreciated. In addition, the concern and response to the feedback was handled well by the team.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Feels that care and attention are paid to the matches suggested. Feedback from each date seems to be taken seriously so that the next match will be a better fit. So far the matches are of a good quality regarding intelligence and friendly personality.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I have found It’s Just Lunch to be excellent. Udonna and Tameka do a very good job and are very efficient. Their co-operation is awesome. I find they are very good at finding dates for me and are always consistent in their follow up.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I have been working with Pilar and Dominique and they have been great. They make you feel at ease, listen to you and they are very responsive. They take the pressure of the dating process and take care of the details so it can be a fun experience for you. I look forward to continuing to work with them!

It's Just Lunch expert review by Mark Brooks

It's Just Lunch! is a matchmaking service that caters to professionals who would like to meet over lunch or drinks. This service has over 23 years of matchmaking experience.

• Uses professional matchmakers: Rather than leaving meetings up to chance, matchmakers meet with users for a confidential interview. They then match users based on the information discussed during this meeting.

• All matches take place at partner restaurants: It's Just Lunch! sets up dates at local restaurants they are partnered with, taking the stress out of deciding where to have the first date.

• Focus on privacy: Prior to the first meeting, users are only given their date's first name, description and reason why the matchmaker thinks the date will work out.

• Users can give feedback on every date: Whether a date works out or it is a dud, matchmakers want to hear what happened and follow up after every date to fine tune the dating process based on the user's experience.

• Matchmakers can be found worldwide: No matter where users are in the world, they can make a date through It's Just Lunch!

• Best for: People seeking a long-term relationship, people with hectic schedules and people new to the area.

Profile picture of Mark Brooks
Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

It's Just Lunch! Company Information