It's Just Lunch!
4.11/5

It's Just Lunch!

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

It's Just Lunch is the world’s Number 1 personalized dating service. At It's Just Lunch we take away the frustration of dating and make it easy for you to meet people worth spending your time with. Our dating specialists handle everything in a personalized and efficient manner... from finding the right matches to making all the arrangements for the date. All you have to do is show up and enjoy meeting someone new.

It's Just Lunch was founded in 1991 and has been helping professional singles around the world find meaningful relationships ever since. With over 150 It's Just Lunch locations worldwide, there is sure to be one near you.

View More View More

5547 It's Just Lunch! Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: June 15, 2019

Hi everyone, Wanted to pass on some highlights for It's Just Lunch. Here are some pros and cons: *Admin note - my background: male, no kids, been with IJL for a year and a half.

Pros:

- Was impressed with the organization as a whole to match someone up with another person's QUALITIES. That IS a bit rare.

- I really think they DID match me up with what I was looking for in someone. Will admit- think the qualities a woman would be looking for in a man would be similar to (close to, but not always the same as) the qualities a man is looking for in a woman, so admittedly my case is probably different.

*e.g.- Not too long ago I gave some different feedback in what I was looking for in someone. a) At first I thought I wanted someone 'exciting', like a Ghost of Christmas Present haha; b) then I thought I wanted someone a little bit calmer; c) and now I think I can say I'm looking for someone in between, ie someone exciting but still patient and emotionally understanding.

The 'directors' WERE able to take my feedback each time and find some people who had those qualities. I still think that was pretty rare, and they did deliver.

Cons:

- Main theme - All offers in this organization are handled over the phone. I haven't seen ANY prices listed ANYWHERE on any sites for how much the program is. I understand some of the categories or criteria may be different, (ie gender, if you have kids, income, age, do you WANT someone with kids, etc) so everyone has a different set of circumstances, but still. I was a little surprised to not see ANY prices given. (I knew this was going to be an expensive program, and it is, but it would be beneficial to have at least SOMETHING listed on the website, ie how much coaching sessions are.)

*Areas for improvement (true for any organization) - Short version for me is I started off working with matchmakers in a local 'field office'. A few months ago I was switched to a national-level matchmaker in a completely different part of the country (Debbie, see below). Wasn't really a problem, but it did catch me a bit off guard. Kinda missed the personal face-to-face feeling of knowing I was talking with someone locally (ie someone who knows the local area, can say it's raining here and it's raining there too haha).

Longer version (spoilers) - Some of those field offices tried roping me into 'high pressure sales tactics' with higher-paid offers over the phone, saying "I need this right now." - I accepted the first offer, and I'm still glad I did. - A year later, I had someone try to get me to agree to a higher offer, and I had only 30 mins to agree to it. (Debbie has since told me she does not use high pressure sales tactics, and I believe her. More on her at the end.) - To this day I wish I would have told them I would think about it over the weekend and would get back with them on Monday. Maybe I should be grateful- I'm a stronger person for it now!

*I'm still kind of curious to see if an 'annual renewal' offer will be e-mailed out several weeks ahead of time, or will only be via phone like the last one was.

Bottom line - I think this organization is worth it. I take responsibility for my actions, past and present. 1. I would think AHEAD of time about what you would be willing to pay for different levels of services. (I'm a quiet guy, so this organization did help me quite a bit. Would not have met some just PERFECT women if not for IJL. They said no tho haha.) 2. I do think a relationship with your director is important. 3. Finally, I would also be aware of any time-sensitive offers over the phone. Would recommend telling them you'll need a few days to think about it and I would stick to that, no matter how upset or demanding they are haha. Those are my thoughts and my opinions!

*About Debbie - She is a very determined, strong-willed, straightforward and even indifferent person. Very professional, very assertive, very energetic & enthusiastic. Almost like an agent in sports. I do think she has produced results. I was perhaps skeptical at first, mainly because I had no idea I was being transferred to her, but my experiences with her in the past few months have been nothing but positive! Felt like I had Kevin O'Leary from Shark Tank working for me haha.

- I liked that line "you are responsible for what you write" hahaha.

Get expert buying tips about Matchmaking Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I have had a very positive experience with It's Just Lunch working with Aleisha and her team. Becoming single again after many years can be intimidating and I wasn't sure where to start. While traveling, I read an ad for It's Just Lunch and decided to give it a try. From the first phone call, the team there made me feel comfortable and confident in its process. Still doubtful, I decided what do I have to lose and I might as well try it. The team at It's Just Lunch spent a lot of time talking with me to get to know me and build my profile. Matches were sent to me for my review, then I could decide if I wanted to proceed.

I've been a memeber now for close to three months and I have met three gentlemen. All were very kind and better in person than their profile picture. All the dates were enjoyable experiences. It was very comfortable entering the restaurant, where the hostess would take me to my match. The restaurants chosen by It's Just Lunch had friendly attentive wait staff, great food, and an inviting atmosphere. I have been very pleased with my experience so far and can't wait to see what It's Just Lunch has in store for me in the future.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Just want to thank you both for making my first It’s Just Lunch date everything you promised it would be. Your instructions were perfect! The restaurant had a large parking lot as it is part of a hotel... that made being on time easy. I was greeted by the hostess and told her who I was and they immediately brought me to the table where they had just seated my date. The table was a corner table with couch like seating and pillows. The restaurant was busy but the table was perfect for conversation and being away from the crowd.

The service was excellent! The food and wine/cocktail menu was five star! As promised, at the end of the meal, two separate checks were brought to us and the server made sure to give us each the correct check. I highly recommend the venue for future It’s Just Lunch use! I also highly recommend Krystyl and Aleisha as matchmakers! They both are very valuable assets to your service and did a great job at guiding me through the process. Everything worked out exactly as they said it would! I feel very lucky to be working with them!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Please indulge me as I give a few reasons why Kimberli and Tameka are so good at what they do. (In no particular order:) First, they make themselves available: they work hard to accommodate your schedule, making time to talk when it is convenient for you. Second, they listen very well. They are interested in learning as much about you as they can for the purpose of matching you with the right date. Third, they do their work with cheerfulness and joy. I probably don't have to tell you what a difference a positive, joyful attitude can make when discussing personal matters over the telephone. I have never known them to be cross, and they love to laugh with me.

Fourth, they are consciously competent. I never worry that I will be paired with the wrong person, because I know Kimberli and Tameka can handle their assignments. And though I could wax eloquent for much longer, fifth and finally, they are passionate about their work. I get the sense that this is not simply a job for Kimberli and Tameka, but that in the core of their being, they care about finding the right match for me. I recommend these two ladies without a moment's hesitation.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I joined IJL like most people — I thin k— because of the frustration with regular dating apps. The process is much different and so far it’s been smooth sailing. I was in contact with one woman who spent extensive time getting to know me over the phone before they decided to take me on as a client. Then I was put in contact with my personal matchmaker. There was more conversation and then a Skype interview. I really liked this part because it made the process real. Dealing with live people is better than just phone conversations which can stay abstract.

After the Skype interview, the actual matchmaking process started. I was sent a first profile. The profiles are succinct which I actually like. Online profiles in regular dating apps can sometimes be long and give too much unnecessary information. The IJL profile, in comparison, only gives the basic and essential info plus a photo. Ultimately it’s the only thing we need to know. For the rest, I just have to trust the expertise of my matchmaker. (And then of course there is the unpredictable part: actual chemistry, or not.) I turned down my first match and the process resumed. My second match was sent within 8 days of the first one. I accepted the 2nd match and my date was set up within a week. I am currently waiting to meet my match. Fingers crossed!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about It's Just Lunch?

Original review: July 21, 2019

My experience so far with It’s Just Lunch has been great. The people I have worked with are very professional and they really listen to me. They answered all of my questions and really put me at ease about using their service.

Original review: July 21, 2019

I initially had a great conversation with a marketing agent who sold me on the service and led me to believe I would receive potential matches that fit with what appeals to me. I was then sent matches that were not at all interesting to me. The “team” I was assigned to was untrained and not interested in me or finding me an appropriate match. Aliesha was the main contact. I had two dates over a two year period and then the final 3 potential matches offered I declined because they didn’t meet any of my criteria. I was told this was considered a date and that was the end of my contract. She would not let me talk to a supervisor or file a complaint.

Original review: July 20, 2019

I’ve been working with Brandis, and she has been amazing. She truly is passionate about her job and truly wants you to find a great partner. She listens to what type of person you are interested in meeting - and always follows up for feedback after your date.

Original review: July 18, 2019

It’s Just Lunch has generally been a positive experience. My matchmaker, Brandis, has sent me numerous matches that are great potential fits. She’s attentive and professional. It’s not the cheapest service, but if you’re struggling with online dating, it’s worth consideration.

Original review: July 17, 2019

What a joke! This was a huge financial decision to trust them in finding dates for myself. I am a veterinarian that travels a lot and needed help finding local people when I was home. I opened my "market" up to my entire state. I paid the initial $** and $**/month for hopes of having one date a month (their reported average). My first match was not attractive at all. I went over again what I wanted with my matchmaker Mel (who sounds like she is reading a script every time I speak with her) and even sent her pictures of my exes. Match number 2 was very attractive, we set up a date.... He cancelled on me twice!!. I said I would no longer make dates with him.

A month and half goes by and I hear nothing. I call and as to speak to a manager, they take a message. My matchmaker calls back with a match. Once again he is not attractive. I put in another call for a manager, she calls me at 7pm on the day before a holiday. I return her call a week later because I now have her direct line. My matchmaker calls and says she has another match. He is also not attractive. I call the manager again and leave a message....waiting. At this point I'm going to start disputing charges on my credit card. It has been 4 months with ZERO dates. This company is a joke!!

Original review: July 16, 2019

Donna is passionate Matchmaker! She is my Dating Advocate! She listens to my likes and dislikes, she does her research and she is patient! She is professional as well as being very personable! When I talk to her, it is like I am talking to a good friend! Compared to the crazy amount of dating apps and their waste of of my time - I was motivated to contact IJL. I have no regrets about my decision to contact them. And Donna reconfirms that I made the right decision to use IJL’s multitude of matchmaking services. If you are on the fence about or contemplating contacting a matchmaking service. It’s Just Lunch should be on the top of your list! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️‼️

Original review: July 16, 2019

I had a wonderful first date! Udonna and Tameka worked hard to make sure I had all the information I needed and were very responsive with any questions I had. I would highly recommend It's Just Lunch to others based on my experiences. It is a great way to meet new people with common interests.

Original review: July 16, 2019

I am new to this program but am happy with the quick turn and the response - communication and eagerness to find my matches. They put me at ease in the process and I’m looking forward to the first date.

Original review: July 15, 2019

I went on my first date two days ago and it went really well. The first match, so far from what I have experienced, was pretty spot on with what I’m looking for. I was surprised that I received a second match so quickly even before the date with my first match. That made me a bit uncomfortable, but it all worked out.

Original review: July 13, 2019

They will sell you, take your money, send you on a few horrible dates not listening to what you are actually looking for in a mate and leave you extremely disappointed. It’s gotten worse since they moved their entire operation to Florida. Do yourself a favor and skip this service. It’s a waste of money.

Original review: July 12, 2019

I have had a great experience working with Mel ** as my matchmaker! Mel ** has been super supportive and a consistent communicator. She is easy to talk to, has a positive personality and is thoughtful about finding good matches!

Original review: July 11, 2019

Took some time to get me dates, but I did meet a great guy on here. I would not of met him if I had not joined, “It's Just Lunch”. The one thing I did notice, was my profile was not accurate and I explained it in the date. Pat was telling me as we discussed our profiles on the first date how many times he had to bug you to update his profile. Bottom line is the system worked so far in our case, but it is a case of better lucky than good as far as the information in the profiles as compared to what The clients requested.

Original review: July 11, 2019

My experience with Mel has been fantastic. SHE LISTENS. And converts that information to an interesting date with common interests. I wish that I had met her to begin with. She is truly an asset to IJL. I do hope that she is appreciated and reqarded by the company. Mel is a keeper!!!

Original review: July 10, 2019

It’s Just Lunch takes the aggravation out of dating. My dating coach Monique is excellent. She set me up on my first date with someone who I easily related to. She definitely took her time to get to know both of us before recommending the match and it was an absolute great first date! Thank you It’s Just Lunch! I look forward to continue using the service.

Original review: July 10, 2019

I am so happy with It’s Just Lunch!!! I have the best relationship coach ever!!! Brandys is fabulous and knows how to make someone feel comfortable!!! She is very professional and is guiding me always in the right direction. I would recommend her anytime to anyone I know!

Original review: July 8, 2019

Respectful. Pleasant experience. Conscientious effort to make a mutually satisfying match. These are blind date experiences with the benefit of data. Hopefully more matches yield better dates. Launching that first date is often the biggest hurdle on on-line dating sites.

Original review: July 5, 2019

Aleisha. She is a great matchmaker and is in Target with matches. I have enjoyed the restaurants that she picks and the guys she picks. I would definitely recommend her and It’s Just Lunch to all everyone that is looking for a match.

Original review: July 5, 2019

Aliesha and Obeid have done a great job in finding dating matches for me. They call me prior to sending me a match and follow up regarding feedback after I have gone on a date. Both Aliesha and Obeid have made my dating, a great experience and I would and have recommended IJL to my friends. Thanks!

Original review: July 4, 2019

Unless the dating pool in the Cleveland area was that low. I followed up after every date but it never felt like I was being listened too. I was set up with women well outside my area. I was flat out told that a lot of women said no because of my height. It just seems like this will only work if you are the ideal height for women.

Original review: July 3, 2019

It’s Just Lunch Mary called me for months recruiting me to the platform. Very nice lady but told me that my “standards were high,” but that was good that women were able to communicate what they want. I should have ran when I heard that comment. My matchmaker, Lisa, was also very nice and spent some time with me via FaceTime to get to know me and get my profile and dating parameters set. Lisa stated that when she found a match, she would contact me to discuss him. Also, she mentioned that it was important to share any concerns that I may have so she could adjust for them when finding matches. I mentioned that two of my fundamental values were that my matches needed to be a Christian and between ages 55-62, that I was looking for someone who is intelligent and sophisticated with a lifestyle similar to mine.

Well, the first match (who was emailed to me, not by Lisa, but by Hartley, someone I never met) was 68 years old and “spiritual,” which is different from being a Christian. And the photo was blurry which made it worst. When I reached out to Mary and Lisa, crickets. Mary couldn’t call me enough when she was recruiting me, but as soon as I gave them feedback on the match that was sent, they ghosted me. That’s unacceptable customer service, especially when you’re paying $2,000. Run, do not use this service. They’re are salespeople and are extremely courteous when they are courting you. They will try and get you to submit a testimony prior to your first match so you can compliment the service before the other shoe drops.

Original review: July 3, 2019

My It's Just Lunch experience started out great with the gentleman who helped sign me up. There were a few bumps in the road with my first matchmaker who didn't listen to me as much as I would have liked. I was given a new matchmaker, Aleisha, who has been really great. She listens to my likes and concerns and does not push me towards one candidate or another. As we have worked together and I have gone on dates I feel that she is understanding me more and what I am looking for, and I am so grateful.

Original review: July 2, 2019

A total misrepresentation. The level of professionalism is marginal. They are totally inflexible when it comes to working with your schedule. They don’t listen to the criteria you give them for a suitable match. And, they don’t return emails or phone calls. It’s like burning $2800.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I am new to It's Just Lunch. I am fortunate to have Mel as my counselor. Mel is most personable and most professional. On top of all that she's just fun. Working with her has been a most enjoyable. I highly recommend Miss Mel!

Original review: July 2, 2019

Mel was great to work with during this process. She responded to phone messages in a timely fashion and listened to feedback for ensuring the next meetings would be more in line with interests. Her upbeat attitude, along with the joy in her voice provided positive future expectations.

Original review: June 29, 2019

I have had 2 dates so far through IJL. My account is on hold now as we spoke before due to my job and travels and hopefully we can restart the dating process again soon. I hope that I can meet my match through IJL.

It's Just Lunch expert review by Mark Brooks

It's Just Lunch! is a matchmaking service that caters to professionals who would like to meet over lunch or drinks. This service has over 23 years of matchmaking experience.

• Uses professional matchmakers: Rather than leaving meetings up to chance, matchmakers meet with users for a confidential interview. They then match users based on the information discussed during this meeting.

• All matches take place at partner restaurants: It's Just Lunch! sets up dates at local restaurants they are partnered with, taking the stress out of deciding where to have the first date.

• Focus on privacy: Prior to the first meeting, users are only given their date's first name, description and reason why the matchmaker thinks the date will work out.

• Users can give feedback on every date: Whether a date works out or it is a dud, matchmakers want to hear what happened and follow up after every date to fine tune the dating process based on the user's experience.

• Matchmakers can be found worldwide: No matter where users are in the world, they can make a date through It's Just Lunch!

• Best for: People seeking a long-term relationship, people with hectic schedules and people new to the area.

Profile picture of Mark Brooks
Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

It's Just Lunch! Company Information