Elite Matchmaking

Compare Matchmaking Services

Research top Matchmaking Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

The reviews stating that Elite is a scam are exactly right. I was recruited and not charged and told not to tell my dates that I was not a paying customer. (Apparently I have the profile they were looking for - an attorney, etc). The women they provided actually were quality people but they were being misled and defrauded, because Elite was telling them that I and others they met had paid the same multi-thousand dollar fee. I actually reported Elite to the FBI.

I have worked with a service in the past that promised me I would find the love of my life and in a very disappointing turn of events, resulted in zero compatible matches. I reached out to Elite after some hesitation because of the other service but I am very glad I did. I have been with Elite almost 3 months now and am having a terrific experience. I initially met with ** in the Fort Lauderdale office and after a lengthy discussion she and I felt ready to move on to the next step. Knowing my past experience she did not pressure me and really took the time to get to know me. She made me feel very comfortable and I could tell she was very genuine in having my best interest at heart.

I have received a few matches, all equal to the quality I had hoped for in coming to Elite. The first gentleman I met was professional and very sweet but didn't have that spark I was looking for and I passed on my second match as I felt he wasn't physically my type. Now almost 3 months in I think I met the man I am looking for. We have seen each other 4 or 5 times and have plans to meet again this week. He is charming, intelligent, and very easy on the eyes. The relationship is still relatively new but I am very happy I decided to use Elite!

Came to Elite in October and met with Nellie in Tyson's Corner; she was extremely professional and spent over 2 hours with me. I was very impressed with everyone I spoke to and joined. The men they introduced me to were professional gentleman and met my criteria I discussed. I have now been dating Chris for a month and look forward to having someone to spend the holidays with.

I paid nearly $8,000, met zero men from Elite. I said yes (reluctantly) to some supposed “matches” who then supposedly then said they didn’t want to meet me. They actually never existed. I am a slim, attractive, successful woman whom many men ask out on dates; just not what I am looking for, so turned to Elite w/ 3 criteria. They assured me they had “many” men but they didn't. They sent boiler plate "matches" not even paying attention to my criteria, one of which was a golfer. They didn't even ask or even know if they were? So for $8,000 know that they do NOT listen to your criteria.

For months I asked just for the 3 criteria to be met/a re-start. I specifically asked Elite to honor their word - the initial conversation I had with Nellie and submitted emails after every supposed "match" that wasn't at all what I was looking for. I urge you to read all the other, numerous complaints about this agency. Hopefully others won't sign up and hopefully someone will have more money than me to prosecute them. Though do read the complaints that state they won their legal case but still have not been reimbursed.

I wanted to update my review as I feel Elite has made a great attempt to resolve the issues I experienced. My original matchmaker was replaced with Roni who has been fantastic. She immediately set me up with someone who while he wasn't what I was looking for, was a very nice person and we had a nice date.

Then she set me up with someone who was exactly what I was looking for and we dated for some time. Sadly, the relationship did not work out but that had nothing to do with Elite. I still feel like the options are limited but patience may pay off. I like the anonymity and the vetting process Elite offers and believe Roni understands what I am looking for so I will remain hopeful.

Original Review

My initial impression with Elite was very good. I had a nice experience with the "Senior Relationship Consultant" (SRC) who has an office in a modern, impressive building in Foggy Bottom. I thought this is exactly what I am looking for, high end, professional, and discreet service. We had a two hour "get to know you" session where I was made to feel she understood what I was looking for and there would be no problem finding someone to match me with, she already had ideas.

That is where it ended, I was passed on to a "Matchmaker" (which apparently is the standard process). Unfortunately, she lives in Boston and has very little knowledge of DC or the area. Additionally, she seems extremely overwhelmed, is always rushed, and although I fully explained my preferences and deal breakers to the SRC, I had to go through this process again with her twice in two months. The first match/profile she sent me seemed great however, he rejected mine (which is fine, we all have our preferences). After weeks of not hearing anything and me sending an email to her and the SRC, I finally received another profile and although it did not match any of my preferences I thought I would give it a try.

Our "date" was a meet for a drink at 8pm on a Monday night that lasted one hour (thankfully). I feel this was just an appeasement date since this guy has been with Elite for over a year and basically goes on dates when she calls...really?? I received one more match ... a very grainy picture of a man who lives part time here and part time in Florida...really? Please DO NOT WASTE your hard earned money or time. It seems they really do not have clients in their data base here in DC or they are trying to get more money explaining "it takes time for the right match". I am an attractive, active, successful 50 year old woman (no one ever guesses I am older than 42). I feel the need to warn anyone who reads this, you will receive better service and responses/dates from match.com for significantly less money. Unfortunately, it is not a discreet way to meet people but that's life. Good luck with your search.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Elite Matchmaking?

Expert Review

Mark BrooksOnline Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.    More about Mark→

Elite Matchmaking is a matchmaking service that has been in business for 22 years. The company operates in Beverly Hills, Houston, San Diego, San Francisco, Boston, Orange County, Fort Lauderdale, D.C. and New York.

• Personal attention: Elite pairs clients with a relationship consultant who spends time getting to know the client's personality. After the consultation, a matchmaking team pairs the client with others, leaving computer algorithms out of the mix.
  • Feedback offered: After a client has used their service, Elite offers clients the chance to have a one-on-one feedback session on how to improve their dating skills. This makes the client's experience an educational one and often helps improve customers' future dates.
  • Pre-approvals: Members who use Elite Matchmaking are offered the benefit of getting to screen and pre-approve date candidates before they meet, which eliminates any matches that a client knows will not make a good partner off-the-bat.
  • Large database: Elite has a database of thousands of potential matches, offering clients a large pool from which they can be matched and increasing the chances of finding a successful pairing.
  • Best for Single young people looking for a relationship, and divorcees or widows/widowers looking for new love.

Question and Answers - Elite Matchmaking

What problem is Elite Matchmaking trying to solve?

Meeting people is easy. It is meeting the right person that is the challenge. At Elite Matchmaking, the nation's premier matchmaker, we meet with you one-on-one to find out who you are and introduce you to the one you have been looking for.

What sets Elite Matchmaking apart from the competition?

Our customized and personalized approach to matchmaking. Meeting each client face to face is a huge benefit as well since we hone in on who they really are and whom they desire to meet.

What needs does Elite Matchmaking fulfill, and how does Elite Matchmaking fulfill those needs better than the competition?

Getting to know all of our members means that Elite has a relationship with everyone our clients will be meeting. We also take the time to perform background checks ensuring safety.

How does Elite Matchmaking measure success?

Success is defined by each individuals relationships goal. Our measure of success personally is when a client lets us know they are on hold and no longer utilizing the service because they have met someone they enjoy spending time with.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about Elite Matchmaking?

The most common misconception is that women are free and we cater only to men.

How has matchmaking changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

We have grown exponentially and expanded due to the increasing interest in matchmaking and media exposure. People are now more open to the idea.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about Elite Matchmaking?

How much we care about our clients and how this is not a job to us, each client is a part of our lives forever.

Has Elite Matchmaking received any awards or recognition for its services?

Yes, Elite Matchmaking has received the local Business Chamber Awards.

How has Elite Matchmaking grown or evolved?

I think each person individually in the company has evolved as we have grown. Working with so many different backgrounds, personalities, careers and individuals allows us to have a new perspective on matchmaking.

Compare Matchmaking Services