Call toll free
5.00/5
Based on 16 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For more than 20 years, Master Matchmakers has been coaching and matching singles. They are a high end personal service that hand selects qualified matches for you. Master Matchmaker's provides a free consultation and guides you through your ideal relationship with personal coaches and matchmaking professionals. Let them do the work for you and get started today!

A-BBB Rating
View More View More

16 Master Matchmakers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 17, 2018

In a nutshell, well worth the investment! Can't really put a price tag on something so personal, but the MM team helped me to find the person I was meant to be with. From the 1st match I could see that they only work with high quality people. Heads and shoulders above the type of people I was meeting online. Do it if you are serious about finding a partner!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 16, 2018

Steve was very helpful in letting me know what my weaknesses were in dating. He also was willing to meet with me one on one in person as I wasn't comfortable with advice over a computer. He gives great honest advice.

Original review: April 14, 2018

I highly recommend master matchmakers. I worked with Steve ** and he helped me find the one. He helped me learn about myself and also with others on how to find the relationship for me. Intensive coaching and support and in the end can be matched. Very professional and worth the investment for your lifetime.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I can't express what Master Matchmakers has done for me! Their team has brought love into my life as well as a new addition to our family! My third match was the one for me. I initially declined the match, but Kim talked me into it... Well, here I am now, married for two years and with a baby girl. My life and heart are filled and I owe it to Master Matchmakers. If you're on the fence, dive in!

Original review: March 22, 2018

Kim and Carol did a great job.

I was skeptical at first but was blown away with the match.

Ended up getting engaged. Great experience and can’t thank them enough! I would highly recommend the service to anyone.

They were very thorough and matched me to someone who was a perfect match on all levels.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Master Matchmakers?

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

After being widowed a year ago, I sent an initial inquiry to Master Matchmakers in August and got a reply the next day. Their service was described to me in detail, and I determined that their service could mean the difference in my life. Considering the services provided, I considered the fees to be modest. I signed up and was assigned a "coach" the following day. My coach Carol inspired my trust within the first 5 minutes of my first session. Her kindness, sincerity, and sense of concern were overwhelming, and I appreciated the sessions with her very much (I was a bit sad when they were over).

I was told that it may be 3-5 weeks before a match might be made, but I was given a match the day after I submitted all of my materials! I have only been available for matching for a short period of time, but I'm absolutely confident that Master Matchmakers will ultimately help me find a new life partner. The friendliness and genuine sense of concern of all of the staff is unsurpassed in my experience. I unequivocally recommend Master Matchmakers for those seeking a deep, meaningful relationship and don't want to use a conventional dating site.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I recommend Master Matchmakers hands down. I just got married to the love of my life last month, who I met through Master Matchmakers. Kim and Kristen are fantastic! They have an uncanny knack of finding the right person for you. They are truly gifted. The approach this site takes is really different from a host of other places. Unfortunately there are so many services out there claiming so many things and delivering so little, that one comes to really have low expectations of any service. This was my experience. It only made me feel more hopeless about ever finding a match.

Here is what this service does differently: 1. It makes you work on yourself in addition to offering to finding you a match. Their counseling sessions are eye opening and the counselors are truly compassionate. Their counselors are professional. All the staff are so wonderful and truly vest their energies in your best interest.

2. Their pricing is exactly right. This site is not free. That said, it’s not exorbitant like others I’ve seen, nor is there a monthly subscription. I’m skeptical of expensive places and subscriptions. Free isn’t great either - tell me, do you want to be part of a site where it’s free for all? Nor do I like the idea of a cheap subscription. It’s attainable for all and sundry in the short term but the objective is not clear. People hang around month after month chasing a dream and getting hit on by all sorts of folks, getting nowhere.

3. This is a site for professional people who want to meet others like them. Who have the same mindset - quality people with little time to date and interested in a serious match--and somehow lacking hope of finding the right partner. Just to even know there were others like me gave me hope. And then I was able to use the energy of that hope and turn it into belief that finding my ideal match was possible. The truth is until that inner belief system changes, nothing happens. This service gave me hope right away.

4. It’s private enough. No public profile posting. No lengthy conversations with strangers who dilly-dally to meet you. This service has rules. Everyone is background checked. They keep everything respectable. You are not here to find you another date, but to find your ideal match. Hopefully a life-long one. If this is not your objective, then maybe this site is not for you.

5. Bull's eye. Master Matchmakers is confident. Upfront they tell you they won’t introduce you to a laundry list of folks. Just a few matches. They don’t compromise on your criteria either. They really listen to you. They take their time. They recommend wisely and after thoroughly considering your criteria. Their stats for how many people get married through their site are pretty amazing! Give this site a chance. If it worked for me, it can definitely work for you - because we are all people with the same fears and hopes. We’re not so different inside in this respect.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

My favorite part of my experience with Master Matchmakers is the staff. They are always encouraging and enthusiastic! Trying to date and find The One in this day and age can be very challenging and often disappointing but the staff is always optimistic and they never push me to try a date with anyone they don't truly believe is worth a shot. My only desire would be that there were more matches in closer proximity to me, but I'm willing to do the drive for The One so I highly recommend this agency to my girlfriends. :)

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

Five years ago I was ready for a change. Meeting the wrong men and all the wrong situations. I never thought I was actually holding myself back! I signed up for relationship coaching and opened my heart and mind. With the help of MM and their team I met the man everyone told me didn't exist. We were engaged 6 months after we met and married 6 months after that. We are about to celebrate our 4th wedding anniversary and I couldn't be more thrilled. I opened myself to criticism and changed the me I was trying to sell on the open market of dating. I thank MM so much for helping me see my own flaws and insecurities and helping me work through them to get where I wanted to be!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

The specific situation that led me to Master Matchmakers was the very high demand of my work schedule and the ability to help me find a suitable match. I am not the type of person to go to bars or visit dating sites. When I heard about Master Matchmakers, it seemed like a great idea and that it would work for me. I also liked that background checks were performed as well of proof of employment. That is a real plus that weeds out a lot of undesirables.

I also really liked that there are 3 coaching sessions that prepare me for the next phase of my life. What I have enjoyed the most working with Carol is that she truly cares for my best interest. Her caring demeanor and non-judgmental attitude actually helped me to further heal from the wounds of divorce. Carol told me things that no other counselor or pastor has told me and it has helped me grow and become wiser. Carol has a wealth of knowledge that is extremely helpful in finding a mate. Carol also asks a lot of questions and provides worksheets that really make you think and teaches you about how to asks questions, maintain a relationship, and also spot the red flags. Carol helped point out some of the mistakes that I have made and I am truly grateful. I also really enjoyed learning how to better communicate, dress, and learn more about dating.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

Let's be honest we all reach a certain point where dating is annoying and unbearable! With this in mind I was fortunate enough to find Master Matchmakers. Their approach to the entire process was refreshing. Not only did they want to find the perfect match for me, they wanted to make sure I was in my best place mentally, emotionally and physically. I've had the honor and privilege of working with Kim throughout my time with them. She is a pure joy and delight! From the moment you join you are treated like family. I highly recommend them to anyone in search of a meaningful relationship. I'm thankful I took the chance. Kim is the perfect guide for the journey back into dating!

Original review: July 25, 2017

For sometime, I was frustrated with the quality of women that I was meeting and not being a bar or club person, I felt that I needed another avenue in which to connect with women. I had also spent sometime trying a number of the online dating sites such as Match.com, eHarmony.com and PlentyOfFish.com. What I found was that while there are some truly genuine people on these sites looking for a meaningful relationship, much effort is required on one's part in order to take advantage of these sites. Such dating sites depend on the paying customer to be truthful and honest when it comes to posting pictures and composing a profile. Then often times, we only have our instincts to rely on and this might not be enough.

So, I wanted to find a better avenue that would provide me with opportunities to meet the type of women that possess qualities such as character, integrity, intellect, family values, and attractiveness. Then at one point, I was listening to a radio talk show in which Master Matchmakers founder JoAnn Ward was a guest and I was instantly impressed.

Initially, JoAnn spoke about her company the philosophy that they employ. JoAnn explained that their company has a very in-depth screening process in which background checks are first done on every potential client. Then, once a potential client has passed the initial checks, Master Matchmakers spends some time speaking, meeting, and researching with the potential client in order to gain knowledge about them as a person, learn about their background, and learn what their interest and expectations are in terms of a relationship. It is only after this extensive process has been completed that will determine if Master Matchmakers will take on this new client.

If Master Matchmakers proceeds with the new client at this point then the next step is to learn about the client personally. With this, JoAnn spoke how they get to know each and every client on a very personal level: their likes, dislikes, the type of person they looking for, past dating habits, past relationship history everything that makes up the “DNA” of a person when it comes to their romantic interest and romantic habits. JoAnn explained that no clients are provided with any potential matches until Master Matchmakers have completed an exhausted analysis of that person and they have a complete understanding of the type of match that their client is looking for. I found this to be a truly refreshing approach and something that I knew I needed to pursue.

Once I became a client of Master Matchmaker service, it was apparent that they “practice what they preach.” I was truly impressed with the level of service that they provided to me. The Master Matchmaker staff, including JoAnn, Steve & Kim provided a level of attention and service for me that went beyond my level of expectations. They don't treat you like number and you are more than a client. You are a friend. They take the time to speak and communicate with you on a regular basis at all hours of the day and all days of the week. Just because it's 5:00pm that doesn't mean they close up shop. They are all truly compassionate people and they give you a sense comfort when you speak with them.

After both spending sometime as a client of Master Matchmakers and having attended a number of events that have been hosted by their company, I have been able to experience first hand that they in fact attract and retain nothing but high-quality individuals that all have the same objective in mind to meet that ideal match for a long-term, committed relationship. Further, they offer a large degree of flexibility as well when it comes to their service. By example, there have been times when I explained to them that I wanted to take some time away from dating and as a result, I have gone months and even longer, without accepting a match from Master Matchmakers. However, they never lost contact with me. They would always reach out over time just to see how things were progressing or even just to say hello because they develop a true bond with all their clients.

Lastly and most important with for me, with Master Matchmakers you can be assured that the person you are meeting is everything that they are advertised to be both in their pictures and their profile. For me, I wanted that peace of mind. While I realized the cost would be more than those dating sites, I strongly felt that you could not put a price tag on having this peace of mind. I believe in making an investment in your future and your happiness. In that, if you are serious about wanting to be in a committed, long-term romantic relationship, then I highly recommend only one service.

Original review: July 23, 2017

I have been fortunate to have only good to great things happen to me as a result of my involvement with Master Matchmakers. Their clients are cared for and given the personal attention they seek to fill what they see is a significant gap in their lives, namely a partner. Professionalism is their response to the trust clients demonstrate when choosing Master Matchmakers to help them find a wife, husband, partner, lifelong love. Thank you for your extraordinary service, attention and friendship.

Original review: July 20, 2017

Great website that offers legitimate and accurate profiles of people for dating. Far better dating sites than others out there. I would highly recommend this site to anyone looking for a serious relationship. This is the best place to go for that.

Original review: July 19, 2017

I truly like all the people at Master Matchmakers. They are responsive and professional. I recently joined and am thrilled at the matches I have received. They are all quality men and are exactly what I am asking for. Of course, it is a process to truly find a connection but so far they have given me great options. I highly recommend!

Original review: July 17, 2017

Jo Ann and Kim are seasoned vets at matchmaking. They listen, advise, and make comments. I was skeptical at first after trying other online dating sites with no success. Master Matchmakers is a totally different approach. They "get it" and can place you with someone that you are sincerely compatible with right out of the gate!! It took all of 2 dates to find that one amazing woman. We are truly happy together. Master Matchmakers is a great return on investment! Thank you Jo Ann and Kim!!

Master Matchmakers expert review by Mark Brooks

Master Matchmaker is operated by Joann and Steve Ward. The mother-son duo hosted and produced Tough Love on VH1 and cowrote Crash Course in Love. Master Matchmaker offers dating coaching and matchmaking services to help singles find dating happiness. The full-service matchmaking service is available in all 50 states.

• Free consultation: Master Matchmaker offers a free consultation to all interested clients. They’ll help you figure out if the service is right for you, and, if so, which services you need. The consultant can discuss pricing with you during the consultation.

• Background checks: To be accepted as a Master Matchmaker client, you have to pass a criminal background check. You’ll know everyone they set you up on a date with has undergone the same screening, so you can feel comfortable and safe on your dates.

• Guaranteed dates: Master Matchmaker guarantees you’ll be introduced to eligible partners when you sign up for their dating service. You’ll see pictures and profiles of potential dates before you’re introduced.

• Nationwide service: Master Matchmaker has dating coaches and clients all across the United States. Visit the website and complete a short interest form to have someone contact you with details about the dating coach nearest you.

• Dating coaching: Master Matching offers dating coaching services to help ensure success in your dating life. You will have regular coaching sessions, and your coach will be available to help you with questions and concerns between sessions.

• Best for: people seeking long-term relationships, people who are new in town and people looking for a dating coach.

Profile picture of Mark Brooks
Mark Brooks

Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

Master Matchmakers Company Information