Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Get Started
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.82/5

For more than 20 years, Master Matchmakers has been coaching and matching singles. They are a high end personal service that hand selects qualified matches for you. Master Matchmaker's provides a free consultation and guides you through your ideal relationship with personal coaches and matchmaking professionals. Let them do the work for you and get started today!

Master Matchmakers Call Now Toll Free (800) 734-9230 Get Started
Call Now Toll Free

Master Matchmakers Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Master Matchmakers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Master Matchmakers?

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

I'm old school meaning what is norm for a lot is not for me. I take finding someone very seriously. People will interview a dog walker more than a person who wants to meet you for a drink. I wanted Master Matchmakers to screen for me so I can let my guard down and we can find a man to compliment me and I him. My coach was real...to the point but not rude...From the moment we first talked I felt I knew you and that you genuinely love what you do and that you care! Ariel found me a great man and I have been very satisfied with this process.

Get buying tips about Matchmaking Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

I was immediately impressed when the first person I heard from was JoAnn, the owner of the company. She was very honest, caring and considerate of my past experiences that made me reluctant to try another matchmaker. Her team has more than exceeded my expectations. I had recently broken up with someone after a long term relationship. My coach Tatoya was amazing! I so appreciated her warmth, empathy and understanding. She was able to pinpoint my patterns and identify areas for improvement. After some self care they started introducing me to men. I feel so much more aware of my strengths and weaknesses; and where I need to grow. I am now empowered to make the most of each of my matches. I've already met some great men and I know it's only a matter of time before I met the one. Thanks Master Matchmakers.

Original review: July 28, 2020

I was getting involved with the wrong women and I was tired of the effort and energy required just to get a quality date on my own. I was very impressed when Joann, the owner of the company, called me to explain how the service worked and what to expect. I've enjoyed the advice I've gotten from my coach Carol too. It has been more useful than any therapist I've met over the years. I've also really enjoyed the introductions and feedback I've received so far. In just a few months I've met more quality women and learned more than I have in years going about it on my own. I strongly recommend this service to anyone looking to improve their love life.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

I joined Master Matchmakers because I was not comfortable with online dating. I wanted a way to meet quality men without the disappointment of meeting men that weren't looking for a relationship (or were already in one). This service has helped me become much more optimistic about dating and relationships. I am more confident in dating thanks to the coaching and feedback from the matches. The introductions I received were spot on in terms of the descriptions I was given and it helped to have someone to talk to when I was nervous or experiencing doubts. It's important to be patient with the process but in time they do find ideal matches. I'm glad they introduced me to someone I can see myself dating long term. Even if it doesn't last I'm sure glad I went with this service.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

Ariel did an excellent job with matching me with a compassionate and high quality man who is a true gentleman. We discovered that we have so much in common. At first, I was reluctant to accept this match because we live in two different states and we live approximately 700 miles away from one another. My match flew to my state on December 2, 2019 and 2 days after he arrived back at his home, he booked a flight to come back to visit me in February. I will be flying to visit him in his State on January 14, 2020.

We had so fun together when we met face to face and we talk on the phone every day. He is retired but I still work full time with plans to retire in 2022. It’s a beautiful thing for two people to find a loving, fun, and healthy relationship in our mid sixties. I am pleased with Master Matchmakers’ staff (Ariel R.) services for finding a great friend and mate for me. Our relationship is loving and continues to grow as we date and get to know more about one another. Many thanks to Ariel.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

At nearly 50, after one failed marriage, one aborted engagement, and several painful relationships I have realized that I have made very poor choices in my dating life and was hopeful that having someone else choose for me would lead to better results. I was new to Baltimore and didn't know how to meet new people; especially with COVID. This is an excellent way to meet compatible people near you. I found the entire experience working with my coach to be incredibly rewarding, interesting and fun. I've been introduced to terrific women and just started dating one exclusively. I'm happy to recommend this service to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

Laughing, learning and meeting new people is the least you can expect from this bunch. I had really low expectations of myself and men, boundary issues and red flags men could see from a mile away. My coach helped me address all of this. Then they introduced me to quality men that I never knew existed. I learned excellent news skills that I plan to always use in the future. Their staff is made up of smart, dedicated, hard-working individuals who always have your best interests in mind. I recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

Thank you for all that you've been able to do for me. Carol, I appreciate your process and always looked forward to my conversations with you. You're an intelligent and kind person who gives realistic feedback and honest perspectives. Kim, I can't thank you enough for the carefully made Presentations and the diligence behind every Match. You and your team are the best. I'm grateful for the experience and am glad I was able to meet my match.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

I signed up for this service 3.5 years ago thinking I might find the love of my life. I thought it was great that they had me have in-depth phone conversations with a "dating counselor" on what I would like. I was told it would be easy to match me up. I ended up waiting over 6 months for even one match (which they in no way made clear to me during my sign-up or my sessions that the process would take this long). I thought the counselor got a great idea of who I was, but then I eventually realized that it's a completely different team that does the "match-making." So basically, it's just like on Match (which is literally 100X cheaper), where they check off boxes on your likes/interests, etc.

My first match was great! I was super excited and messaged him because apparently he approved me also, only to find out, he didn't even seem to know he was on the service! And then it just got worse from there...not a single match they've shown me in the past 3 years has been tempting (I did agree to try 1, but he didn't approve me, which I kind of understand now given that he lives in a big city and would have had to travel to meet me). All the rest (and even him, to some degree) have been average guys with average looks and average jobs that I could EASILY find on match.com or Tinder (better-looking on Tinder actually).

Eventually, they tried to tell me it was my problem and maybe I wasn't that attractive. That eventually got to me, so I actually traded in one of my 3 "matches" so I could get "counseling" because of how upset I was in terms of self-esteem (their employees are not at all qualified to offer real therapy, of course). But, I really just think now that I've had some space to get out of that that basically they don't have that many good candidates. They claim to have this huge database they pull from, but really they pretty much EXCLUSIVELY (unless maybe in FL, where they're based) try to hook you up with other members to "kill one bird with one stone." However, if you have high standards (and I believe I deserve to), they are a HUGE disappointment as they continue to feed you mainstream leads for at least 10x the price of selective dating apps (which I've been accepted into) WITHOUT ANY RESULTS. Cue the unprofessional founder's response...

Master Matchmakers response

Hello Elizabeth. We are sorry that you feel this way and do not appreciate the efforts that our staff has made in good faith and good conscience. In addition to the upfront coaching you received, you purchased three matches (at a discounted rate) and as of today we have proposed 14 men to you that we were hoping you would meet.

Although you may be presented from time to time with a man who might also be using dating apps like you, we go to the extent to prove their identity, verify their age and photos, run a background check and interview them to be sure they are like-minded and well-intentioned before representations of them are made. On apps like Match.com or Tinder you don't know if the individuals are who they say they are, look like their photos, want the same things as you do, etc. Our job is to try to eliminate that guess work and uncertainty for you and to facilitate introductions to quality individuals that you were not able to source on your own.

At no point would anyone on our staff ever suggest that you aren't "that attractive". Our staff is professional and candid. They would never say something that cruel. Every single coach on our staff has received formal training in various forms. A quick visit to our About Us page lists each individual coach's education and other qualifications.

After you exchanged one of your matches for additional coaching, you still had 2 matches owed to you. Indeed, the very morning you lodged this complaint one of our matchmakers proposed an introduction and has tried to no avail to speak with you in an attempt to explain why she felt the match was worth pursuing.

We strive to provide all our clients the satisfaction they came to us looking for, but we cannot represent someone in good faith or good conscious if they choose to disparage us.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

I have been looking for a serious relationship for the last eight years. Thankfully I found the team at Master Matchmakers to help me along the way. My coach's insight, openness, and candor have helped guide me into having an enjoyable and successful journey. I have found Master Matchmakers to be a very professional organization. Everyone I have spoken to from the very beginning have all been very open, honest and caring.

Master Matchmakers author review by Mark Brooks

Master Matchmaker is operated by Joann and Steve Ward. The mother-son duo hosted and produced Tough Love on VH1 and cowrote Crash Course in Love. Master Matchmaker offers dating coaching and matchmaking services to help singles find dating happiness. The full-service matchmaking service is available in all 50 states.

• Free consultation: Master Matchmaker offers a free consultation to all interested clients. They’ll help you figure out if the service is right for you, and, if so, which services you need. The consultant can discuss pricing with you during the consultation.

• Background checks: To be accepted as a Master Matchmaker client, you have to pass a criminal background check. You’ll know everyone they set you up on a date with has undergone the same screening, so you can feel comfortable and safe on your dates.

• Guaranteed dates: Master Matchmaker guarantees you’ll be introduced to eligible partners when you sign up for their dating service. You’ll see pictures and profiles of potential dates before you’re introduced.

• Nationwide service: Master Matchmaker has dating coaches and clients all across the United States. Visit the website and complete a short interest form to have someone contact you with details about the dating coach nearest you.

• Dating coaching: Master Matching offers dating coaching services to help ensure success in your dating life. You will have regular coaching sessions, and your coach will be available to help you with questions and concerns between sessions.

by Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

Master Matchmakers Company Information