4.8/5 (105 ratings)

About Master Matchmakers

For more than 20 years, Master Matchmakers has been coaching and matching singles. They are a high end personal service that hand selects qualified matches for you. Master Matchmaker's provides a free consultation and guides you through your ideal relationship with personal coaches and matchmaking professionals. Let them do the work for you and get started today!

Master Matchmakers Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Master Matchmakers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Master Matchmakers?

Original review: Oct. 26, 2022

They might as well be magicians. It's like Joann waved a magic wand and made ideal women magically appear before me. I thought they were flattering me with a sales pitch. "We have women like you described chomping at the bit to meet a man like you." And they walked the walk. Kim, Joann, Trish and Amber all suggested, recommended and advocated for great women. There wasn't one woman they suggested that I didn't want to meet. When all was said and done, I met a woman I'm very happy with and I'm glad I gave this service a try.

Get buying tips about Matchmaking Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 13, 2022

So I came from other dating services that didn’t work for me. They didn’t take the time to get to know me or what I was looking for/needed. They just randomly matched you. Fast forward to hopeless dating sites/personalized matchmakers elsewhere, I found myself here with Master Matchmakers. Hesitant about the cost, I said I’ll give this a chance since they have amazing reviews and says this service is customized. I was connected with Jules ** for 3 personalized sessions (unique to this site), where she gets to know me and coach me. Lord knows I needed coaching! I came from a marriage where prior to there was no online dating so talk about a reality check when I was put back into the dating scene where it’s all online.

Jules was fabulous, she spent time with me getting to know me, my life and what I needed. She is a realist and point out things I needed to work on to be successful in a relationship. I read her book and took Jules Rules seriously. Guess what?!?! That girl is a genius, it works! Like really works!!! I didn’t eat up the scraps like I previously had. Fast forward, I began working on myself and although I did not meet someone on this site, I met my soulmate outside of the site. He is my best friend and now a part of my family! My mom actually likes him!!!! (She doesn’t like any man I’ve ever introduced her to). Jules is a diamond to get advice from. Her advice led me to my future husband, we are incredibly happy. :)

Master Matchmakers response

We really appreciate your kind review. Thank you for your business and feedback.

Original review: July 10, 2022

Master Matchmakers has been an incredible positive surprise to me. This company truly cares about outstanding matches and each representative goes out of their way to listen and to understand the profiles and wishes of the clients. Their SERVICE is simply outstanding. It’s been my experience that many of their competition obfuscate and make matches that they KNOW aren’t going to work just to keep the clients busy, nothing could be further from the truth with Master Matchmakers.

First, my personal thanks goes to Jillian who met me personally and signed me up. Her professional approach and true sincerity made me say ”YES”! Next, a woman who I trust implicitly, Trish. This woman goes above and beyond. She spends extra time with each client and her feedback is spot on. This morning I felt like the coaching gave me a whole new perspective on dating and is worth its weight in gold. This is coming from a man who speaks and coaches for a living! She ranks an ELEVEN out of a scale of 1-10. She has become my trusted advisor. And I would be remiss without mentioning Ariel who has provided me with my best match to date. Fingers crossed. I am willing to talk to ANY prospective client and tell them my experiences and encourage them to look no further. Master Matchmakers is the BEST. With gratitude, Nate

Original review: March 14, 2022

I wanted to work with a company that had a reputable history of making matches and a professional approach to finding people love. Joann gave me a great introduction on a two-hour Zoom, and we became fast friends. I felt comfortable that her team would find me suitable matches. I worked with Carol over the course of three sessions, and she was very good at asking just the right questions, and making me feel comfortable with the matchmaking process. I met an amazing woman through Kim, and I don't have any suggestions for improvement. Everyone I've worked with has been prompt to respond to me, and I'm confident this relationship I found through them is going to work out.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2021

I was pretty bummed out about dating when I reached out to Master Matchmakers. That all changed once my coach Stefanie and I started working together. Moving from a big city to the suburbs filled with established married couples has definitely been a challenge for me to meet a person to build a future with. Also, when dating on my own I have experienced men not desiring a serious relationship that would lead to marriage. I really appreciate their respectful yet candid approach because it has helped me to listen with intent, so I can make the necessary changes in my attitude, outlook and behaviors to make the most of their introductions. I've been introduced to quality individuals who are all seeking the same things I am. And now I'm finally dating someone who shows real potential for the serious relationship I've been seeking.

Master Matchmakers response

Hi Chelsey. Thank you so much for your kinds words. We enjoyed working with you and have our fingers crossed that the relationship continues to blossom.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2022

I hate giving bad reviews. I definitely think it's overrated and I don't recommend. My coach was good but I don't think the coaching will be any game changer. It's just a couple of overpriced video call sessions where your coach sends you some stuff to read and gives you basic tips. I did read one of her recommended books which was helpful. Once I got into the matchmaking I got a little frustrated with the matchmakers basically because they got frustrated when I emailed following up. I understand from the beginning they said it takes 5 weeks roughly for them to find a match but they shouldn't be getting angry or show frustration with the clients when they follow up after 5 weeks of hearing nothing. My biggest complaint stems from this.

Joanne the owner called me and was extremely nasty when I told her I would like more communication on progress. I was firm and held my ground on the call and she says I'm the owner, you can't talk to me like that... So the customer means nothing I guess. She ended the call by saying they are having trouble finding me a good date because I'm too short (I'm just over 5'8) and she hangs up on me in anger. I was pretty shocked. She had my money already obviously or else she wouldn't have spoken to me like that. My eventual matches were nice but no different than what I was used to finding on the free dating apps.

Master Matchmakers response

Our belief is that coaching is essential to the success of every client, and an integral part of our program that is meant to be ongoing, and continuous, for all of our clients, throughout the lifetime of their experience with us. The coach is tasked with being the personal advocate for, and champion of the client, internally among the rest of the staff assisting in this particular client's journey, as well as externally on occasion; as a recruiter or personal agent when necessary. Our service is not merely for arranging introductions. We also provide support, direction and guidance for our clients throughout their journey with us, as needed, on a case by case basis. We encourage all clients to reach out whenever they wish. Tim’s journey was progressing as he should have reasonably expected, and this expectation level was set for him in advance of placing his purchase. We delivered our service and promise in its entirety, and he is no longer entitled to any ongoing representation or introductions. Tim was matched with quality, relationship-minded women that met the criteria he established. Although many of the people we represent may be found on social, professional or dating apps, we do the work of ensuring they are who they say they are, they are using photos that are current, complete and accurate, and their intentions are well-aligned with our particular client du jour. We ensure there are no misrepresentations, and that they are both serious about meeting lifetime partners for the avoidance of doubt. We are sad to see that this is the review Tim has chosen to leave, but we wish him all the best in his endeavors in love.

Original review: March 31, 2022

After a string of bad relationships I felt I needed guidance/help on my approach to dating. I've thoroughly enjoyed the introductions, but also I appreciate their coaching and guidance. As a result I've learned to take a softer and more engaging approach in conversations with a potential partner that I otherwise never would've realized.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

I have been seeing someone they've introduced me to for the last three months and couldn't be happier. When I put my account hold I didn't think things would be going as well they have. If it wasn't for the coaching I don't think I would be enjoying the successful relationship I've done myself in. I am happy to sing the praises of Master Matchmakers to whomever I meet. My expectations were exceeded.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

I wanted to leave this review because I hired this agency as a trustworthy team. I was really a new in the state, it was almost four years ago also. I didn’t have proper English. At that time I just started study so I didn’t have carrier also. I found this agency just googling, however in the Bay Area has offered more agencies to choose from. Only one highlight was as Kristen over and over time told me that the Master Matchmakers will be working until I found someone special. Despite of big doubts, because this service doesn’t have in person office but only online, agreement paper was very harsh also high price, I agreed. I explained probably it might be enormous problems with my English, ethnicity differences also. I have nothing here in the US.

Kristen assured me confidently that, the guys they will match me will focus only on Me or my personality, so English or other visible things would be not a big deal. Kristen who talked to me first fed me with fairytale man. Unfortunately, when I started to meet it totally opposite, the guys condemned my English, my quiet character, even one guy seems he spattered me after meeting that my past gave him feeling of disgust. After hearing this term I was barely hold my hand to call police. Also this guy seems didn’t understand my English but had enough to disgust understand my past. All guys I met five or six were very judgmental.

Some of the just after meeting disappeared somewhere, the matchmaker said "they drop off out of pockets". Sounds like all happening here just a show. Even you closely pay attention to reviews last years, most of them from 2019 when Covid started, and one of them told me that they are closed for meetings, isn't strange. Would you able to meet when Covid started??!! I think if you’re other ethnic do not even approach to the agency. They will morally kill you, ignore your personal traditions.

So, eventually, Kristen as I understood their manager spoke up and said they are provided all guys and my time is gone, and, for every match I have to pay for $500. I had already paid $3000 though. I think this agency should treat much better and be more honest in the beginning. I also demand refund me back at least $1000. Maha

Master Matchmakers response

Maha purchased a package that included our entire coaching program, a thorough background check and a promise of five matches. This was all outlined in writing in the Master Services Agreement that she accepted at the point of purchase. She received all of the service promised as specified in her agreement and well as an additional, complimentary match that we made on her behalf. We work in good faith for all of our clients. It’s impossible for us to know in advance what others will think of a client and we cannot predict the outcome of an introduction no matter how hard we try. It ultimately boils down to the chemistry that is or isn't there between two people.

The men we introduced to Maha met her criteria and vice versa. After each introduction we reached out to gather her feedback and theirs. She gave all of the men complimentary feedback and reported that they were all high caliber individuals. She indicated that she would be open to seeing 4 out of 5 them again. She simply wasn't attracted to the one person she didn’t want to continue to see. The men she met provided feedback as well. Four of the five reported that she had a very shy personality and was passive in communication. It wasn’t so much her trouble with the English language as it was her unwillingness to engage playfully in back and forth conversation.

Once the number of matches promised have been delivered to a client they remain eligible to be matched as long as they are single and in good standing. We will typically offer a discounted rate to satisfied customers to continue receiving matches on a priority basis. She was offered additional matches which she decided not to purchase.

We work with individuals from all backgrounds and all walks of life. We share constructive criticism with those who are open to receiving it, but we never deliver feedback in a hurtful or mean spirited way. Maha is ineligible for a refund as we delivered the services promised. We offered to keep her account open, but she has deleted her information from our client portal and chose to post this review instead.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

I've worked with a number of matchmakers in my journey towards finding a partner, and Ariel at Master Matchmakers is among the best! She took the time to understand who I am and what I'm looking for. I am always excited when she reaches out to let me know that she might have someone to introduce me to!

Master Matchmakers author review by Mark Brooks

Master Matchmaker is operated by Joann and Steve Ward. The mother-son duo hosted and produced Tough Love on VH1 and cowrote Crash Course in Love. Master Matchmaker offers dating coaching and matchmaking services to help singles find dating happiness. The full-service matchmaking service is available in all 50 states.

• Free consultation: Master Matchmaker offers a free consultation to all interested clients. They’ll help you figure out if the service is right for you, and, if so, which services you need. The consultant can discuss pricing with you during the consultation.

• Background checks: To be accepted as a Master Matchmaker client, you have to pass a criminal background check. You’ll know everyone they set you up on a date with has undergone the same screening, so you can feel comfortable and safe on your dates.

• Guaranteed dates: Master Matchmaker guarantees you’ll be introduced to eligible partners when you sign up for their dating service. You’ll see pictures and profiles of potential dates before you’re introduced.

• Nationwide service: Master Matchmaker has dating coaches and clients all across the United States. Visit the website and complete a short interest form to have someone contact you with details about the dating coach nearest you.

• Dating coaching: Master Matching offers dating coaching services to help ensure success in your dating life. You will have regular coaching sessions, and your coach will be available to help you with questions and concerns between sessions.

by Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Advisor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

Master Matchmakers Company Information