Call toll free
4.98/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For more than 20 years, Master Matchmakers has been coaching and matching singles. They are a high end personal service that hand selects qualified matches for you. Master Matchmaker's provides a free consultation and guides you through your ideal relationship with personal coaches and matchmaking professionals. Let them do the work for you and get started today!

A-BBB Rating
View More View More

45 Master Matchmakers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 15, 2019

I was starting to become very discouraged with online dating. I was on multiple apps for many years with no success and a lot of bad (or funny) stories. Meeting people just in the day to day became harder as work started getting busier. I knew others who were considering matchmaking, so I decided to look into it. My coach Gabrielle was kind, warm and willing to listen. I didn't feel any judgement and we had honest conversations. She knew what she needed from me and I gained valuable insights from her. This experience has made me look at myself a little different and see things differently. I have enjoyed the experience and am looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Get expert buying tips about Matchmaking Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 14, 2019

My match was definitely much more attractive than I was expecting. He has really nice eyes and was easy to talk to after the initial nerves started to die down. I was expecting a bit of an ego given my last experience with a guy like this because it sounds like his family may be of a different status than mine, but he was very down to Earth. We connected on many levels. We talked about everything we love and care about. It was so refreshing and positive all around. I knew the date went well but it ended when they were obviously kicking us out of the restaurant because we were the last ones there. :) I don't really know that things could have gone any better. I'm officially "on hold".

Master Matchmakers response

It might take a few tries, but we usually get it right.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I was very reluctant to try the coaching but was convinced it would be worth my while. At first I didn't see the point but once I was being matched it all clicked. The feedback was very helpful and with better photos, a polished profile and consensus on how to package and pitch myself I ended up meeting someone on my own. Their matches were very useful though in helping me see blind spots and be more self-aware. All in all, well worth it if you work it.

Master Matchmakers response

We really enjoyed representing you. Thanks for the kind words.

Original review: March 10, 2019

I came to Master Matchmakers because I was serious about finding a partner, and with the trust that someone who understands the world of match making could help me. I found Kemper to be extremely warm to talk to, which is great because I felt like I could truly open up to her about these topics, we are not easy for me to talk about. I felt she understood my personality very well and I could communicate my expectations and needs. Thank you very much for assisting me. I really have enjoyed my journey with Master Matchmakers so far.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I am so thankful for the experience I received from Master Matchmakers. They were very upfront and honest with me about the challenges they expected to face, what my risks were and what they believed they could do. The patience paid off. After almost a year of trying and a few matches that missed the mark, they finally steered me into an ideal relationship. Thanks Kim!

Master Matchmakers response

We've enjoyed representing Kathy. Thanks for sharing your experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Master Matchmakers?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

When I was going through divorce I was thinking and saying to myself and to my friends as well that I would go to the matchmaking office for helping me to find a future partner instead of trying a dating site because I couldn't imagine how to trust someone from a dating site. Then one day I told myself that I would just give it a try to a dating site first. I thought I was a lucky one because in less than a month I started dating this amazing guy. Everything was going good, we had 5 wonderful dates and then all of a sudden everything ended. He left without much explanation. He said he needed to resolve his Family issues and he meant his ex-wife. Literally he left me with my jaw dropped. I couldn't imagine that this happened after the way he was treating me. He was so excited and excitedly waiting for another date and another and that is what he told me after our last date too that he was looking forward to our next date. That was the last drop for me.

I unsubscribed myself from a dating site and I found Master Matchmakers. I decided after that failed dating experience that I would go through their coaching program. Every session with Carol was enjoyable, informative and helpful. I learned a lot. I am lucky that Carol is my coach. I am sure I will be contacting her with questions frequently. With everything we have gone over and I have learned, I can go back into dating with confidence and knowing how to spot the red flags right off the bat. Thank you Carol and the team at Master Matchmakers.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

The specific situation that lead me to Master Matchmakers is that I’m having a difficult time meeting single men. I’m busy finishing graduate school and doing my last internship. I don’t have many single friends. All my friends are married. Because of this, I don’t get out socially with single women. Working with my coach was a gift in itself. She was very easy to talk to which made our time together relaxed and I felt very comfortable talking about personal things. I was open and honest about my mistakes of my past. I so appreciated that I felt comfortable enough and I appreciated your patience with me.

She couldn’t have been any more patient about our meeting times and my newness to Master Matchmakers. I enjoyed learning from you about relationships, men, and what to do on a date. Now I can take what my coach taught me and bring it into dating with confidence and ease. I highly recommend Master Matchmakers to anyone who is looking for a different approach to dating.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

The reality of being alone and never married at almost 50 years old has hit me hard over the past year or so. Being an elementary school teacher for over 20 years has somewhat isolated me from the adult world - especially dating. Two years ago I moved to California for a new start. Although beautiful, the town I live in is known as a great place to retire. It is not booming with singles, and being a shy person I have found it challenging to make myself get out to find other single people. Like many, online dating has not worked for me, despite being on the sites for years (off and on). These are the situations that have led me to Master Matchmakers. They have really helped me with getting back the adult life I have been lacking. Through the coaching I have come out of my shell and have started putting myself out there. I have been actually having fun going on dates and seeing what is offered. Thank you Master Matchmakers.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I did not personally seek out Master Matchmakers. It was my daughter who wanted very much for me to meet and connect with a man that was carefully selected for me to meet, and, who was worthy of my time and attention. Rather than going thru the on-line dating sites that would end up wasting my time, she convinced me that I should pursue this approach. I am very grateful to her for insisting that this was the best way for me to go. The coaching and matchmakers have gone above and beyond for me. I got way more out of this than I ever expected and couldn't thank you all at Master Matchmakers enough!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I cannot thank my coach Carol at Master Matchmakers enough for providing me with such valuable and meaningful advise regarding relationships and life itself. The things that I learned were more than I expected and I really enjoyed getting to know my coach and her getting to know me. She certainly has such an amazing way of connecting with her clients, and tailoring the coaching and mentoring to their needs. I am beyond excited for dating now and thanks to Carol, can go into it with the ease of knowing my worth and what is and is not acceptable to me in a relationship.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I have really enjoyed working with Master Matchmakers. Their coaching program is highly recommended and very useful. The matchmakers are right on point with the matches they have sent to me. I like that they do background checks on everyone so you never have to question the person you are being matched with. I have been matched with a very wonderful woman and have put my account on hold, which is also a great thing that they offer. I'm really happy I choose to work with these professionals and have a positive outlook on my newly revised dating life.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Even though I did not find my match through Master Matchmakers, I do give much of the credit to the company. Carol helped me think about what I was looking for in a life partner. She also encouraged me to evaluate myself and the things I needed to work on to help me have the great relationship I am in today. Master Matchmakers entire process, including lots of paperwork and a photo session, helped me find and have the amazing relationship I am in today. I never would have stepped out of my comfort zone and found him online without the help of this company. Thank you to all who worked on my behalf at Master Matchmakers.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I had a terrific date with my first match, and hope to see him again soon! A wonderful conversation over dinner and a terrific connection on many levels. He's handsome, charming and the perfect gentleman as was described to me. I'm grateful to the coaching and matchmaking team at Master Matchmakers.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

The specific situations or relationship challenges that led me to Master Matchmakers was being in negative relationships and getting involved with people with narcissistic characteristics or behaviors. I want to find the right person with real connections that I know I deserve in a man. Working with my coach has been very enjoyable as well as honest and informative. She helped me get an inside look on how I project myself in relationships. With the coaching I received I can now weed out all of the red flags and move forward in a new light. I am excited about dating again and putting all of the useful tools to use.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I read that last review for Kim et al and laughed my ass off. I'm a 34 yo successful guy. I'm tall but not the tallest. Good looking but no Brad Pitt. I didn't hire Cindy and Master Matchmakers because I couldn't swipe right or find a date. I'm picky. I told them what I wanted. They told me what's realistic. And we had a meeting of the minds. I'm looking for the total package. Smart, successful, marriage material. I like to think I'd like to meet my equal. Each woman they introduced me to was just what the doctor ordered. I ruined a couple matches because I didn't listen to my coach but I realized some things and thankfully not only have I met someone I can see myself with, but they stopped me from sabotaging a perfectly good match. Good decision. Well done. Thanks guys.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I gave up on love. At 78 I thought, my best days are behind me. My grandson sent me to MasterMatchmakers.com and told me to watch their videos. I saw them on TV in Florida and then I read they are licensed and accredited here as well. I thought I'd give them a shot. What's the worst that could happen? Perhaps I'll at least end up meeting some nice women. And boy did I? Joann over delivered on her promise and set me up with some of the most fantastic women I've ever met. Youthful, full of energy, happy with their lives. I've only worked with them for a few months but I am already a satisfied customer. Thank you Kim and Joann. You are the best.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I was very skeptical about hiring a matchmaker. A lot of other companies out there won't show photos, do background checks or let you speak to a match before you meet. Those companies force you to use up all your matches in a certain window of time. NOT Master Matchmakers! They give you photos, detailed profiles and arrange for you to speak with someone before you meet. They run background checks and will actually go out of their network to outsource matches for you if necessary. After a few hours of coaching, I was introduced to women I could never meet on my own. Finally I met the ideal woman and we've put our experience with MasterMatchmakers on hold (which you can do indefinitely). Thanks Alisa, Steve and Kim for all you do.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I thought, "I'm a catch. I have a lot to offer and I want to be in a relationship. I'll easily meet someone online." Sadly, not everyone online can say the same. After a lot of disappointing dates I decided to see what other options there were. I found MasterMatchmakers through a Google search, read some reviews and submitted my info. Then I contacted a few other companies - Tawkify, Its Just Lunch and Three Day Rule. MM called right away. After hearing how their service worked I spoke with these other companies. I was surprised when they told me you don't see photos or speak with your match before you meet. I had no idea it was basically blind dating. I'm glad I went with MM instaed. They provided valuable "coaching" upfront giving me a much needed reality check so I could put my best foot forward. It worked. I was introduced to high caliber women, heard really helpful feedback and after a few introductions I met Allison. We recently both decided to give away our remaining matches. I don't think other companies let you do that, but I just wanted to thank Steve, Kim and Ariel for giving me more than I could have ever bargained for.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I am a busy mother and executive who does not have time to search for suitors. I live in one of the largest metro areas in the country (8 million MSA), I am attractive and successful. Over the course of nine months, Steve and Joann found me two possible dates and neither worked out. The quality of the two men presented was subpar. I reached out to Steve for a refund. He refused. I spent $7500 for low quality counseling (the counselor had no experience with addiction -my ex was an addict) and two low quality suitors. Don't waste your money.

Master Matchmakers response

This complaint is greatly exaggerated. The matchmaking aspect of the service began in December 2017. Megan refused to provide clear photos to be shared with her potential matches that were full length and showed her smiling. She was resistant, difficult to work with and stubborn from day one. Within 3 months and several attempted matches she began threatening to complain to our state attorney general if we did not provide a refund that she was no longer entitled to. The professional coach assigned to her has countless positive reviews on this site and others. She has a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work from the University of Kentucky, a Master’s degree in Public Health from Western Kentucky University, and she also completed post graduate work in Nutritional Sciences and Health Education. In addition, she is a Certified Wellness Specialist and Certified Health Education Specialist. She certainly has experience dealing with addicts.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I decided to work with Master Matchmakers after many failed attempts with doing online dating myself as well as my unfortunate past relationship experiences and my inability to find true love, and long lasting happiness in any of my previous relationships. Through the many options that Master Matchmakers offers, I knew it was best for me to start with their coaching program. I have enjoyed how our sessions address both my past relationships failures and how they enable me look into the future with great optimism to be a better person in being able to accept and be open to love. I love their pragmatic approach, hence, our sessions were not just theories but very pragmatic. This has been very successful for me so far as I am going on my second date with one of my matches. I couldn't be happier that I chose to do this for myself!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I came across Master Matchmakers when I decided I wanted to broaden my horizons with meeting matches. I have been down the online dating scene before and have found that to be challenging. I really wanted to meet people that have been vetted by somebody prior to meeting them. It has been a challenge with being as career oriented as I am in a narrow field to meet men. Master Matchmakers and their team really live up to their name. The coaching process has been such a wonderful experience and when it comes to the matchmaking, they really take their time going through everything to find the perfect one. I couldn't be happier that I chose to do this for myself.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

Master Matchmakers is the only company that I have found that actually is doing what they say they’re going to do. I definitely think you have coach Carol in the right spot with this company. I don’t understand why anyone would not want to take the coaching part of their program. That is the only way I feel like the people that are working to match me up with a good partner can do their jobs. My coach has really taken the time even beyond what I have paid for, to really get to know and understand me. She has really opened my eyes to things I didn't even know about myself and has helped me realize the things I need to change in order to have a successful and meaning relationship. I am so happy I chose to do this for myself and know I put my heart in the right hands!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I chose to invest in Master Matchmakers because I tried only dating for a little over one and a half years and it wasn’t working for me. I am the type of person that prefers to meet people face to face to get to know each other rather than through technology. I have also had difficulty meeting people that are professional, educated, serious and looking for a commitment. Not only have I not been meeting the right people but my time is limited with the amount of hours I work. I try to get out there as much as possible but it’s not always productive or fruitful. Thanks to Master Matchmakers they have made this journey fun and easy again by taking some of the pressure off of me and doing the hard work in weeding out all of the "Mr. Wrongs" and finding the right matches based on my specific wants and needs. I could not be happier!

Resolution response: Oct. 13, 2018

Although I did not receive the outcome I was looking for, I do appreciate their attempts to satisfy me. I realize they did their best and their heart is in the right place. It may work very well for others, it just didn’t turn out the as I had hoped.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I signed up years ago. Paid thousands of dollars. Never set up on even 1 date. Took weeks to go through their coaching. And what seemed like endless SAT tests. Absolutely a scam. I’ve since moved. Abs still nothing. They never contact you. Only to take your money. Horrible service. You’re better off just burning your money.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I came across Master Matchmakers during an online search for dating sites. Right away I knew they weren't like the typical dating sites. They really tend to your needs and help with forks in the road. My coach is a delightful person, her speech and responses showed that she really cares about her clients. Master Matchmakers questions were straightforward. They did not appear to judge or criticize. I expect that I can make improvements with the matches I get. As the ones I got through trying on my own were not up to par. Improvements with making up my mind sooner, and improvement in my social skills, which by the way I would like a partner to help me with. I can be introverted but I do like to socialize. I can't wait to have a partner to share my life with!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

As a man in my late 50s I grew tired of the drawn out process of meaningless dating and turned to Master Matchmakers to do the work of finding my perfect fit. They have been a god send to me and my now future wife. We can't even imagine our lives without each other and that's all thanks to you. Great job, keep it up and keep on matching :).

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

The dating scene in New York is very difficult to navigate when you’re trying to find a meaningful, long-term loving relationship. I don’t have a problem finding dates but have struggled to find someone I’m attracted to both physically and mentally who is also looking for a committed long-term relationship (and is open to the possibility of starting a family). Whenever I have found someone who seems to fit those things. It hasn’t worked out and I haven’t been able to figure out why or what I’ve done wrong.

I wanted to find someone who is looking for the same things as me, that I’m attracted to and also figure out what mistakes I’ve been making along the way that's been stopping me from finding that. Master Matchmakers has taken the stresses off of me in looking for the right one and made dating fun again. They have really taken the time to get to know me and have found matches based on my wants and needs without missing a beat. I am so ecstatic for what the future brings and cannot thank Master Matchmakers enough for all that they have done! You will not be disappointed in their services!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I grew tired of online dating, where I found that physical appearance drove most of my initial communications, profiles told me little of what the other person valued, and dating became an onerous process of sorting through numerous mismatches in person. I also found that, out of a sense of there not being a fitting match for me, I settled for matches who were ultimately unhealthy for me. In addition, in my last relationship, with a woman I did not meet online, I realized I had settled again, this time with a person towards whom I felt physical attraction, yet great difficulty emotionally connecting.

Months after she and I broke up, I decided to search for a different approach, which led me to find Master Matchmakers. I appreciated their willingness to take time to understand me, and to take into account my perspectives and feedback. They have showed me warmth, humor, and support. I'm excited for this opportunity and look forward to a new chapter. I definitely recommend Master Matchmakers to everyone!

Master Matchmakers response

Thanks for the kind review Jake. We've enjoyed representing and are glad we are adding value to your love life.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

It can certainly be difficult finding the "right one" for you, especially as you mature and become more attuned to what you desire in a mate. Master Matchmakers worked diligently with the information they were provided to find such a person for me. They were diligent, competent, and concerned with my satisfaction. They have a great deal of experience in matching people and a large database of singles to work with. This is an organization truly committed to doing the best job possible in assist you in finding "the one," and I highly recommend it.

Master Matchmakers response

Hi Deborah. We try to go above and beyond the expectations our clients have of online dating sites or other so-called matchmakers. Thank you for your openness to this process and allowing us to try finding you "the one".

Original review: April 17, 2018

In a nutshell, well worth the investment! Can't really put a price tag on something so personal, but the MM team helped me to find the person I was meant to be with. From the 1st match I could see that they only work with high quality people. Heads and shoulders above the type of people I was meeting online. Do it if you are serious about finding a partner!

Master Matchmakers expert review by Mark Brooks

Master Matchmaker is operated by Joann and Steve Ward. The mother-son duo hosted and produced Tough Love on VH1 and cowrote Crash Course in Love. Master Matchmaker offers dating coaching and matchmaking services to help singles find dating happiness. The full-service matchmaking service is available in all 50 states.

• Free consultation: Master Matchmaker offers a free consultation to all interested clients. They’ll help you figure out if the service is right for you, and, if so, which services you need. The consultant can discuss pricing with you during the consultation.

• Background checks: To be accepted as a Master Matchmaker client, you have to pass a criminal background check. You’ll know everyone they set you up on a date with has undergone the same screening, so you can feel comfortable and safe on your dates.

• Guaranteed dates: Master Matchmaker guarantees you’ll be introduced to eligible partners when you sign up for their dating service. You’ll see pictures and profiles of potential dates before you’re introduced.

• Nationwide service: Master Matchmaker has dating coaches and clients all across the United States. Visit the website and complete a short interest form to have someone contact you with details about the dating coach nearest you.

• Dating coaching: Master Matching offers dating coaching services to help ensure success in your dating life. You will have regular coaching sessions, and your coach will be available to help you with questions and concerns between sessions.

• Best for: people seeking long-term relationships, people who are new in town and people looking for a dating coach.

Profile picture of Mark Brooks
Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

Master Matchmakers Company Information