Call toll free
4.63/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For more than 20 years, Master Matchmakers has been coaching and matching singles. They are a high end personal service that hand selects qualified matches for you. Master Matchmaker's provides a free consultation and guides you through your ideal relationship with personal coaches and matchmaking professionals. Let them do the work for you and get started today!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

62 Master Matchmakers Consumer Reviews

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

When I was going through divorce I was thinking and saying to myself and to my friends as well that I would go to the matchmaking office for helping me to find a future partner instead of trying a dating site because I couldn't imagine how to trust someone from a dating site. Then one day I told myself that I would just give it a try to a dating site first. I thought I was a lucky one because in less than a month I started dating this amazing guy. Everything was going good, we had 5 wonderful dates and then all of a sudden everything ended. He left without much explanation. He said he needed to resolve his Family issues and he meant his ex-wife. Literally he left me with my jaw dropped. I couldn't imagine that this happened after the way he was treating me. He was so excited and excitedly waiting for another date and another and that is what he told me after our last date too that he was looking forward to our next date. That was the last drop for me.

I unsubscribed myself from a dating site and I found Master Matchmakers. I decided after that failed dating experience that I would go through their coaching program. Every session with Carol was enjoyable, informative and helpful. I learned a lot. I am lucky that Carol is my coach. I am sure I will be contacting her with questions frequently. With everything we have gone over and I have learned, I can go back into dating with confidence and knowing how to spot the red flags right off the bat. Thank you Carol and the team at Master Matchmakers.

Get expert buying tips about Matchmaking Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

The specific situation that lead me to Master Matchmakers is that I’m having a difficult time meeting single men. I’m busy finishing graduate school and doing my last internship. I don’t have many single friends. All my friends are married. Because of this, I don’t get out socially with single women. Working with my coach was a gift in itself. She was very easy to talk to which made our time together relaxed and I felt very comfortable talking about personal things. I was open and honest about my mistakes of my past. I so appreciated that I felt comfortable enough and I appreciated your patience with me.

She couldn’t have been any more patient about our meeting times and my newness to Master Matchmakers. I enjoyed learning from you about relationships, men, and what to do on a date. Now I can take what my coach taught me and bring it into dating with confidence and ease. I highly recommend Master Matchmakers to anyone who is looking for a different approach to dating.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

The reality of being alone and never married at almost 50 years old has hit me hard over the past year or so. Being an elementary school teacher for over 20 years has somewhat isolated me from the adult world - especially dating. Two years ago I moved to California for a new start. Although beautiful, the town I live in is known as a great place to retire. It is not booming with singles, and being a shy person I have found it challenging to make myself get out to find other single people. Like many, online dating has not worked for me, despite being on the sites for years (off and on). These are the situations that have led me to Master Matchmakers. They have really helped me with getting back the adult life I have been lacking. Through the coaching I have come out of my shell and have started putting myself out there. I have been actually having fun going on dates and seeing what is offered. Thank you Master Matchmakers.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

Master Matchmakers is the only company that I have found that actually is doing what they say they’re going to do. I definitely think you have coach Carol in the right spot with this company. I don’t understand why anyone would not want to take the coaching part of their program. That is the only way I feel like the people that are working to match me up with a good partner can do their jobs. My coach has really taken the time even beyond what I have paid for, to really get to know and understand me. She has really opened my eyes to things I didn't even know about myself and has helped me realize the things I need to change in order to have a successful and meaning relationship. I am so happy I chose to do this for myself and know I put my heart in the right hands!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I chose to invest in Master Matchmakers because I tried only dating for a little over one and a half years and it wasn’t working for me. I am the type of person that prefers to meet people face to face to get to know each other rather than through technology. I have also had difficulty meeting people that are professional, educated, serious and looking for a commitment. Not only have I not been meeting the right people but my time is limited with the amount of hours I work. I try to get out there as much as possible but it’s not always productive or fruitful. Thanks to Master Matchmakers they have made this journey fun and easy again by taking some of the pressure off of me and doing the hard work in weeding out all of the "Mr. Wrongs" and finding the right matches based on my specific wants and needs. I could not be happier!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Master Matchmakers?

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

A recent breakup left me feeling lonely and unsure where to begin. I felt like this service would benefit me in searching for a longer lasting relationship at this point in my life. I have enjoyed my conversations with my coach, the guidance and input, assurance and discretion. I have learned to be more aware of boundaries, to believe more in myself and realize that just because someone doesn't meet all of my criteria, that doesn't mean I shouldn't give them a chance. Thank you! You are wonderful at what you do.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

I laugh at people who complained here about their matches being too far away or not their perfect match. What I learned at Master Matchmakers is that love is where you least expect it. I had very strict criteria for a match, but my coach explained how unrealistic it was to expect to meet the love of my life right under my nose. I found the right person despite many reservations. Kim convinced me to meet someone I had big doubts about. But, I promised I would be the first to say, YOU TOLD ME SO! Thank you for introducing me to Eric. Job well done. :)

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

A well established businessman (husband of my a close friend) suggested I go this route after he had read about dating services and my age group looking for quality relationships. After several very lengthy conversations with “Mrs. Owner” of the company I decided to take the top notch ($2,500.00) plunge and give it a whirl. My profile had so many grammatical and linguistic errors it was less than impressive. I was told I needed better photographs than I had provided so I hired a photographer for a 4 hour shoot. Another $750.00 expense.

My first match came a few weeks later but was 2240 miles away. SERIOUSLY? The second match was much closer, 175 miles, but someone who I had come across in the dating world previously who had anger management issues. The last match was absolutely offensive to me and only sent to me since we were both born in Ohio!!! A 60+ year old band member pothead. Seriously!??? After another month I requested my account be shut down and MM send me a refund, I was told I was given 3 solid candidates and wasn’t due a refund. It seemed I was out of the time frame range of matches they sent. It’s BOGUS. TOTALLY ** and NOT worth one red cent. They had an answer for everything and noted which page on the 71 page document to prove. DO NOT DO THIS!!!!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

I have enjoyed their professionalism and process. I look forward to each introduction they make. I have become pretty self-aware from the coaching and am hopefully more balanced than I was before joining. They have demystified the world of dating and broke it down into palatable bites for me, the uninitiated. This has been a fun, worthwhile experience and I will recommend them to all of my friends.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

As a busy professional in an executive position, I wanted a discreet way to meet a quality match without resorting to online dating or going to bars. I have enjoyed the professionalism and the ability of the matchmakers to understand my preferences. I was reminded I needed to trust my instincts and be comfortable being vulnerable and seeking assistance when necessary. The matches I've been presented are all within the criteria I provided and seemingly compatible on paper. I'm happy to be represented by such a kind, caring group of individuals.

Master Matchmakers expert review by Mark Brooks

Master Matchmaker is operated by Joann and Steve Ward. The mother-son duo hosted and produced Tough Love on VH1 and cowrote Crash Course in Love. Master Matchmaker offers dating coaching and matchmaking services to help singles find dating happiness. The full-service matchmaking service is available in all 50 states.

• Free consultation: Master Matchmaker offers a free consultation to all interested clients. They’ll help you figure out if the service is right for you, and, if so, which services you need. The consultant can discuss pricing with you during the consultation.

• Background checks: To be accepted as a Master Matchmaker client, you have to pass a criminal background check. You’ll know everyone they set you up on a date with has undergone the same screening, so you can feel comfortable and safe on your dates.

• Guaranteed dates: Master Matchmaker guarantees you’ll be introduced to eligible partners when you sign up for their dating service. You’ll see pictures and profiles of potential dates before you’re introduced.

• Nationwide service: Master Matchmaker has dating coaches and clients all across the United States. Visit the website and complete a short interest form to have someone contact you with details about the dating coach nearest you.

• Dating coaching: Master Matching offers dating coaching services to help ensure success in your dating life. You will have regular coaching sessions, and your coach will be available to help you with questions and concerns between sessions.

• Best for: people seeking long-term relationships, people who are new in town and people looking for a dating coach.

Profile picture of Mark Brooks
Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

Master Matchmakers Company Information