Find the Best Car Transporters in San Antonio, TX
Top 12 San Antonio Car Shipping Companies
|Read 2,867 Reviews|
Offers expedited and enclosed options. Door-to-door delivery. No upfront deposit. Ships cars, motorcycles and boats. Platinum Protection Plan helps cover damage. Provides personal agent, vehicle tracking and free instant quotes.
|Get a Quote Call Now Toll Free (561) 409-5116|
Sherpa Auto Transport
|Read 1,042 Reviews|
Offers door-to-door auto transport. Gives free quotes online. Price Lock Promise means your quote won’t change. Clean Car Guarantee gives you a free car wash after delivery.
|Get a Quote Call Now Toll Free (855) 261-9322|
Montway Auto Transport
|Read 142 Reviews|
Ships 100,000+ vehicles annually. Offers nationwide coverage and a large carrier network. Customers can contact drivers for real-time updates. Open, enclosed and expedited shipping with guaranteed pick-up dates available.
|Get a Quote Call Now Toll Free (866) 618-7655|
|Read 2,473 Reviews|
Offers door-to-door transport. Requires no upfront payment. Ships cars, boats and motorcycles. Cost to ship sedan in open carrier ranges from $495 to $1,300. Gives discounts for seniors, students and emergency/protection services.
|Get a Quote Call Now Toll Free (770) 486-1010|
|Read 39 Reviews|
Ships cars, boats and motorcycles door to door. Handles domestic and international shipping. Average 200-mile cost is $584. Average 1,000-mile cost is $780. Provides cargo insurance. Choose from competing rates.
|Get a Quote|
|AMPM San Antonio Auto Transport||Read Author Review|
Offers open, enclosed and expedited shipping nationwide. Ships any vehicle, including exotic cars. Only hires drivers with three or more years of experience. Provides free quotes and assistance from live agents.
|Empire Auto Transport||Read Author Review|
Ships cars, motorcycles, RVs and oversized vehicles. Uses a network of more than 15,000 qualified transporters that ship coast-to-coast and overseas. Offers open and enclosed transport. Gives free, no-obligation quotes.
|Longhorn Auto Haulers||Read Author Review|
Moves thousands of vehicles each year for personal vehicle owners, military personnel, dealerships and corporate fleets. Specializes in door-to-door service. Works with more than 2,500 professional carriers. Ships motorcycles.
|Reliable Car Transport||Read Author Review|
Offers door-to-door, nationwide auto shipping through experienced carriers. Accepts credit cards. Provides shipping status and estimated arrival updates over the phone. Gives free quotes on website or by phone.
|San Antonio Auto Shipping Group||Read Author Review|
Provides open and enclosed transport nationwide and overseas. Ships all types of vehicles, including classic cars, motorcycles, RVs and boats. Discounts services $25 when you call for a quote.
|San Antonio Car Transport||Read Author Review|
Ships all types of vehicles, including exotic cars, to and from all 50 states. Offers open, enclosed and expedited transport. Provides assistance in several languages from live agents. Gives free quotes.
|Texas Auto Carriers||Read Author Review|
Operates within Texas and in the Southern U.S. Operates a fleet of open carriers. Provides personalized service and vehicle tracking updates. Provides customized auto transport quotes.
San Antonio is attractive to many people looking to relocate. It’s Texas’ second-largest city and one of the fastest-growing cities in the U.S. The city is home to the Alamo and many other attractions, including the NBA’s Spurs, the River Walk and Brackenridge Park. It also has one of the largest concentrations of military bases in the U.S., giving it the “Military City USA” nickname. San Antonio’s cost of living is less expensive than Dallas, Houston and Austin.
Whether you’re moving to San Antonio for work, school, military duty or retirement — or if you’re moving from San Antonio for the same reasons — a car shipping company makes the experience easier. These companies provide services including open and enclosed shipping, door-to-door transport and expedited hauling nationwide and overseas.
Choosing a San Antonio auto transport company
Before choosing a car shipping company in San Antonio, find several brokers or carriers that have good customer reviews and offer the services you want. Make sure they are registered with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) by looking up a broker’s MC Docket number and a carrier’s MC docket number and USDOT number.
Collect quotes from several companies to ensure you get the best price. Calling the company and providing more details about your needs helps you receive the most accurate estimate. You can also use this opportunity to ask a company the following questions:
- Are you a broker or carrier?
- Does the quote include all fees, and is it guaranteed?
- Do you offer discounts (e.g., first-time customer, student, military personnel, senior, multiple-vehicle)?
- What insurance coverage does your company have?
- What are the coverage limits?
- How much am I required to pay upfront?
- What forms of payment do you accept?
- Can I track my vehicle during shipment?
- Am I allowed to ship personal items in the car?
- Will my vehicle be shipped door to door or to a regional storage facility?
- Can I cancel before the shipping date and get my money back?
Choose a car transport company with the best overall value, not just the lowest price. For more tips, see this consumer advisory from the FMCSA.
Average car shipping cost in San Antonio, TX
The average cost of car shipping in San Antonio is between $500 and $1,100. The chart below shows estimates for auto transport in San Antonio to and from popular pickup and drop-off points. These estimates are based on shipping a large, operable sedan in an open carrier with 45 days of scheduling notice.
Estimated car transport costs to and from San Antonio, TX
|Los Angeles||San Antonio||$750|
|Colorado Springs, Colorado||San Antonio||$700|
|San Antonio||San Diego||$800|
|San Antonio||Orlando, Florida||$800|
|San Antonio||Oklahoma City||$560|
|San Antonio||Nashville, Tennessee||$800|
Factors affecting the cost of car shipping in San Antonio include:
- Shipping distance: Auto transport price increases with the shipping distance.
- Type of transport: Enclosed transport, which protects a vehicle from weather and road debris, costs up to twice as much as open transport, which places the car on an open-air trailer.
- Size/weight of vehicle: Larger, heavier vehicles are more expensive to ship than smaller ones.
- Scheduling: Most car transporters offer a window of dates — between one and five days — for pickup and delivery. Some offer guaranteed dates for an extra cost. Expedited shipping is often available if you need transport as soon as possible, but this service increases the price considerably.
- Time of year: Car shipping costs are usually highest during summer. Prices also rise during the holiday season.
San Antonio auto transport FAQ
- Can I ship personal belongings with my car?
- It depends on the car company. Some companies allow you to ship personal items up to a certain weight in the trunk of the car. These items may not be insured.
- Do I need to tip the driver?
- Tipping is optional. Customers most commonly tip when:
- The vehicle is delivered early
- The delivered vehicle is as clean as it was at pickup
- The driver communicates exceptionally well during transit
- The driver picks up and drops off the car as close as possible
- Do I need to add gas to my car before shipping in San Antonio?
- Your auto transport company tells you how much gas should be in the car. Most companies ask that the tank be one-eighth to one-half full.
- How should I prepare my car for shipping in San Antonio?
- Be sure your car is in working order. Take out your personal belongings unless they are permitted by the shipping company. Remove automated toll devices. On pickup day, do a detailed walk-around of the vehicle, taking pictures and video to document the condition of your car. Make sure the driver notes the condition and ask for a copy of the bill of lading.
- How do I prepare for a dispute about damages?
- At delivery, inspect your vehicle and take pictures and video of damage so you have documentation of the car's condition before and after it was transported. Inform the driver of the damage and verify that they make a written record on the bill of lading. Contact the auto transport company to file a claim.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
San Antonio car transport company information
San Antonio Car Transport offers door-to-door transport of all types of vehicles, including exotic cars, trucks and boats. Open, enclosed and expedited shipping is available across the U.S., including Alaska and Hawaii. The company’s live agents work extended hours to assist with quotes and updates during transport.
- Address: 491 Spencer Lane, San Antonio, TX 78201
- Phone: (210) 899-5008
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 7pm; Sat: 11am - 2pm
- Website: sanantoniocartransport.com
Texas Auto Carriers is a locally owned and operated company that provides auto transport in the state of Texas and the Southern U.S. Its professional, experienced drivers handle all types of vehicles, and the company’s dispatchers offer personalized assistance and tracking services. Fill out an online form or call Texas Auto Carriers for a quote.
- Address: 5765 Bicentennial St., San Antonio, TX 78219
- Phone: (210) 666-3333
- Hours: Call for hours
- Website: texasautocarriers.com
Reliable Car Transport provides door-to-door, nationwide auto shipping from experienced carriers. Its team of dispatchers, logistics coordinators and customer support specialists are focused on high-level service. Check out Reliable Car Transport’s website for helpful car shipping tips. The company provides free quotes.
- Address: 13423 Blanco Road, Ste. 461, San Antonio, TX 78216
- Phone: (866) 271-4301
- Hours: M - Sun: 7am - 7pm
- Website: reliablecarshipping.net
Auto Shipping Group has more than 35 years of industry experience. The company transports cars, trucks, motorcycles, RVs and boats across the U.S. and overseas. It accepts all major credit cards, checks by phone and PayPal Credit. Call to speak to a shipping consultant for a quote and get $25 off shipping.
- Address: 5460 Babcock Road, Ste. 120-C, San Antonio, TX 78240
- Phone: (210) 544-5030
- Hours: M - Sat: 8am - 11pm; Sun: 10am - 6pm
- Website: autoshippinggroup.com
Longhorn Auto Haulers is based in San Antonio and transports thousands of vehicles each year. The company has been in business for more than 15 years. Longhorn Auto Haulers ships nationwide and overseas, and it works with a network of more than 2,500 professional carriers. Customers aren’t charged until their vehicle is assigned to a carrier. Request a quote online or call for more information.
- Address: Serves San Antonio residents
- Phone: (210) 499-0112
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 7pm
- Website: longhornautohaulers.com
AMPM Auto Transport, a registered carrier and broker, has shipped more 100,000 vehicles since opening 12 years ago. The company ships vehicles nationwide, including to Alaska and Hawaii, with open or enclosed transport. It has expedited services. Live agents are available to answer questions and provide a free quote that’s good for 14 days.
- Address: Serves San Antonio residents
- Phone: (877) 241-2676
- Hours: M - F: 6am - 5pm; Sat: 9am - 12pm
- Website: ampmautotransport.com/san-antonio-car-transport
Empire Auto Transport connects customers with professional carriers qualified to ship cars, trucks, RVs, ATVs and motorcycles across the U.S. and overseas. The company allows customers to store up to 100 pounds of personal items in their vehicle’s trunk. Call Empire Auto Transport for a free, no-obligation quote for door-to-door shipping.
- Address: Serves San Antonio residents
- Phone: (800) 320-7601
- Hours: Call for hours
- Website: empireautotransport.com
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.