2. Auto Transporters

Call Now Toll Free
Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.90/5

Montway Auto Transport is a nationwide company offering fast and reliable vehicle and motorcycle moving services. The company ships more than 100,000 vehicles annually and offers efficient auto transportation backed by years of experience across the entire United States, including Alaska and Hawaii. Montway provides services for both individuals and businesses. Shipments are closely monitored to ensure the highest level of safety and support. Insurance coverage is included in the price of shipping, and no upfront payment is required.

Montway Auto Transport Video
BOTTOM LINE

Montway is a leading auto transport company with affordable rates and quality customer service. You can get instant online quotes and easily book your order. Montway is open 24/7 to answer all your auto shipping questions.

PROS
  • No upfront payments
  • 24/7 sales and support
  • Free insurance coverage
  • Services all 50 states
CONS
  • Must contact for tracking info
Montway Auto Transport Call Now Toll Free (866) 618-7655 Get a Quote
Call Now Toll Free

How does Montway Auto Transport work?

Montway Auto Transport works in an easy three-step process: quote and book, vehicle pickup and vehicle delivery.

1. Customers must choose what type of transportation they prefer, enclosed or open trailer, to receive a free instant online quote from one of the company’s 40,000-plus vetted and insured professional carriers. No upfront payment is required until your vehicle is assigned to a carrier.
  2. Upon booking your order, Montway’s logistics team searches their vast carrier network to identify the ideal transporter for your vehicle and desired ship dates. Once your order has been assigned to a carrier, Montway immediately notifies you by both phone and email with all carrier contact information and shipping details. They keep customers informed of updates throughout the process.
  3. The trucker drops off your vehicle either at your home or an agreed-upon location. After you conduct a detailed inspection for damage, you can accept the delivery.

Montway Auto Transport costs

The total cost of transportation varies based on location, distance of transport and vehicle type. Seasonality and current market demand can also impact costs. If the car doesn’t run, you’ll likely have to pay more.

For distances less than 500 miles, car transportation typically costs around $1.96 per mile. For trips between 500 and 1,500 miles, the cost is generally closer to 93 cents per mile. Anything more than 1,500 miles is considered long distance and usually costs around 58 cents per mile. This adds up to $870 for a 1500-mile trip from Atlanta, Georgia, to Denver, Colorado.

Expedited shipping is also available for an additional fee.

Montway Auto Transport FAQ

Where is Montway Auto Transport located?
Montway Auto Transport is located in Schaumburg, Illinois. Its partner haulers are located throughout the nation to offer faster services.
Is Montway Transport safe?
Yes, Montway Transport is safe. The company has a history of reliability and includes insurance up to $100,000.
Does Montway Transport have a warranty?
No, but car transportation includes insurance up to $100,000. This can help cover any type of damage that may occur during transportation.
Where does Montway Auto Transport ship?
Montway ships nationwide across all 50 states, including Alaska and Hawaii, as well as to/from Puerto Rico.
What types of vehicles does Montway ship?
Montway currently ships autos, motorcycles, classic cars, exotic cars, scooters, ATVs, UTVs, snowmobiles, RVs and inoperable vehicles.

Is Montway Auto Transport legit?

Montway is a legitimate company with over 40,000 professional trucking partners that transports more than 100,000 vehicles annually. Montway offers customers the ability to call their trucker directly or use a 24/7 chat feature for real-time updates. We recommend Montway for car owners who prefer simplicity during their transportation experience.

Montway Auto Transport Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Montway Auto Transport?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Montway Auto Transport?

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

I needed a car transported from Louisiana to my house. I looked at Montway and five other companies and some of the other companies didn't ship to my region. It was outside of their path and to put you in their path, they made you pay for it. So, the price was astronomically higher. I also had a couple that declined. I decided to go with Montway and everything was great with them. The timeliness was fantastic, too. I've shipped through other companies in the past and I've had friendship in other companies. They would say that my car was in their transporter and it got picked up. Then I wouldn't get to see it for a week and a half. So to see the car the very next day, within 24 hours of when MOntway picked it up, was phenomenal.

The quote they gave me was great as well and everything on that part of our deal met all my expectations. But there was a situation at delivery that wasn't the driver's fault. When the car got to me, there was curb rash on both driver side wheels. I understand that things happen and we needed to find out if it was caused by the transport company or if it was picked up that way. The gentleman that delivered it was Russian and I felt uncomfortable when he said that it’d be taken care of and I should just sign. But I didn't want to sign anything until I knew who was going to be responsible for that. It was 20 minutes going back and forth and I felt like I was going to end up with the money out of pocket on my end if nobody wanted to take responsibility.

So, he called his manager and they were both speaking Russian back and forth. That was uncomfortable because I didn't know what they were saying. I also didn't know what to do at that point in time. So, I contacted the dealership and told them that there was damage to the wheels. They said that the car was 100% when it was going to be delivered to me. Then thankfully, the transport driver had good enough pictures of the car before they loaded it to where they notated that there were some scratches on there prior to loading it.

The dealership said that if they supplied pictures and if I felt that the damage was done at the dealership when they picked it up, they would take care of it. So I felt fine with that part of it. I also knew the driver was under a short timeframe, so I didn't want to keep him any longer than needed. But I felt that that damage needed to be taken care of. And it came out to be almost $600 worth of damage to the car by the time they got repaired. Other than that, the driver was fantastic and very respectful. He made sure I had 100% involvement when he took it off the trailer and they didn't do anything to the car. All in all, my experience with Montway was extraordinary.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the detailed review, Tim. As a leader in the auto transport space, we have the largest network of drivers in the country. Allowing us to service routes very few others could.

We're happy to hear that everything was resolved in a timely fashion. This shows the importance of the Bill of Lading and why it's so important for drivers to do a thorough vehicle inspection. If there is anything we can assist with, don't hesitate to contact us. Have a great new year!

Get buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

I was moving from New York to Dallas and I needed to ship three cars. I used one company to ship one car then I went to Montway for two others. They're all the same because I've done it quite often. Those guys are brokers, and then they take their cars and put them out their aggregators. Montway might say they're not that, but it’s not a bad thing. It's just what they are. However, it's difficult. What makes it difficult is the route to pick up six cars, and sometimes the person is not there to pick the car up. They tell you they're going to be there Wednesday at 12:00 and they don't get here until Thursday or Friday.

On the positive side, some were outside trailers, but I own an exotic car so I wanted it to be inside. Mike, the guy who loaded my car the other day, lives in Massachusetts, and I live in New York. He was supposed to be here the night before. He never called me. Then he called me the next day. I wasn't even mad. But I called Montway and told them it doesn't take much to make a phone call. Just call. What happens is once you go through Montway, once you deal with customer service where if you have a problem, just go do that, right?

But once you deal with the driver, once the driver starts to call you, because that's how it works, they will pick up somewhere and start talking you anywhere from 24 to 48 hours out and start going, “Okay, listen.” Because they're trying to strategically line everything up. So, at the end of the day, he would come Friday night but never came. Saturday morning, he told me he was coming but I just called Montway and said, “Listen, the guy's not here. He didn't even call me.” I told them to call him and track him down and try to get him to get back to me. They got right back to me. It's all fine.

I watched this rig that this guy had and it was enclosed. So in order to get them on, it’s all hydraulics. You got to lift the roof on the trailer. And then you have to work all the ramps. You have to strategically get stuff in there. But then you've got to tie them all down. There's a lot of work to do getting it on and he has about three inches on each side to work with, with $200,000 cars. Mine wasn't 200 but he had a 200,000 Porsche on there. He had old Trans Ams and old Mustangs in there. My car is a bit of an exotic car. But the kid was meticulous. He treated my car like it was a champagne glass. And for that, I give Montway credit. He's a pro, so I’d use Montway.

As he said to me, when he loaded two cars in Massachusetts the day before, it was in the snow. They only got an inch, but he was soaking wet. He said it took them three hours to load the car, which I don't disagree. What all guys do is try to get eight cars on that fit in an order like they will only go three hours this way. Then they got to make a decision, go okay, they don't want to go to Texas or Florida, California, with one or two less cars. So they make a decision, they look online. They go, “Here's another car,” and go pick up. It's gonna take three hours over there, then they got to load it. Something goes wrong. What Montway does is say, “We're looking to pick up Monday to Wednesday next week.” They leave that window. They leave it because they know there's no perfection to it. But even when they leave that window, they could still be late or sometimes they're earlier.

I had a guy show up in a pickup truck for my wife's Lexus truck. This guy has a pickup truck but with a center mount which means mounting the middle of the flatbed in the back and he can hold six cars. Nice guy named George. He lived in Texas where my car was going. He loaded my wife's car in 15 minutes. He could load do that because it was an outdoor at a smaller trailer. He was all set up right. He was in and out. I got him through Montway also, but he just came in a different rig. I don't care. He came in a pickup truck where the guy that comes the other day comes in a massive trailer that has two trailers on the back. It's a big difference. But it's all good.

To me, Montway is as good as everyone else. I used them because they were less money. I shipped one with another company and they did a good job. But then with Montway, there was some 300 bucks less but I'm shipping between cars so it’s almost $1,000 between all the cars. But it was, when I got to the enclosed. They were 400 bucks less on that. And in my mind, I feel as though they're all the same because you have no idea who’s showing up. Other than that, their quote was right on the money. They’re the same price as everybody else.

Montway Auto Transport response

Amazing! Thank you for the detailed review, Tim. We are happy to say that we are a broker and we provide a useful service. Auto transport is complicated and it takes a lot of time, work, and expertise to accomplish. We work with carriers to optimize this process as much as possible on their side as well. We're happy we could provide professional service and we look forward to the next transport.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

My niece bought a car here. She goes to school in California and I didn't want her to drive so I wanted to ship the car to her. When we tried to call Montway, we ended up chatting with somebody. That was a good communication tool that they have. Their process was very good. The person I chatted with gave me a link and told me what it was. I clicked on the link and did whatever I needed to do to get signed up. I then went back to chat with the rep.

After we finished, I got a confirmation email. I looked at the email and had a question. I went back to the chatbox that was still open. I was surprised. I said hello and another agent saw it. There was the availability to continue my dialogue. I developed software and we have a business. We also do text messages and the reason for that is because I don't want my clients to have to sit in front of a computer. Montway has a very good system. They beat everybody in the industry. Nobody has what they have.

The car is a new Mercedes so I was looking for an enclosed trailer to ship it. I got a quote and it was not accurate. But it was a good price and good service. From that point on, I didn't have any communication with the company. And then the driver called me. He was talking about how they gave me a discount but it had to be an open trailer. I couldn't reverse it because it was a day before they came to pick up the car. I didn't wanna go through the whole process again. We would have to go with the plan but it was going to be an open trailer instead of an enclosed one.

I paid 200 less. But I didn't really care about the savings. Say for example my a woman can't make it to a salon appointment. The hair cut is 450 and she is told somebody else can cut her hair for 200. She wouldn’t want it because it’s her hair. Also, I am a foreigner and it took me a while before I can communicate comfortably. The driver had an accent and didn't act like an American. He was taking a new Mercedes and changing from an enclosed to an open trailer which I didn't particularly feel comfortable with. But I didn't know what to say.

If the change came from Montway, which I knew about, I would have been fine with it. But the change was coming was someone that I don't even know. I don't think that's a good setup. The driver was not a business person per see and was just there to collect the car and collect money. He was not there to make a deal with me. But overall, it was still a good effort. Montway did a good job during the pandemic. And there was nothing wrong with the driver. He did what he was supposed to do. In my life, I would probably need one or two services like this. In such cases, I would need somebody to handle the business like Montway did.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the detailed review, Thinh. It's important to us that we provide superior communication to our customers. So we're happy to hear our options worked for you. As part of the logistics process, our team will reach out to many possible options to ship your car. If we present an option that may be different than booking, we've taken the time to make sure they can properly accommodate the vehicle and that they will be able to provide professional service. And if there are any issues, Montway is here to help. We hope you consider us for future car shipments. Have a good one!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

When I compared all the information I could find in terms of years in business and customer feedback, Montway was acceptable compared to the others. Their price was also okay and it wasn't hard to get to them. I called pretty far ahead of time and they gave me the timeline. My son moved for graduate school and what was really important to me was getting the car there on a particular day for a very short range of days. They were good about saying, “If you need it here in this range, then we need to pick it up by this time and we will assign the route by this week. Even though you're saying 1,2,3 go now, you won't hear anything until the week before when we assign the driver.” Everything they said was fine. I started getting emails and text messages of what they were doing.

They quoted me $1,174 and that's what it was at the end. The driver was personable. He said, “I don't think I wanna come to your neighborhood.” I said, “I'm glad you called because I was gonna suggest we’d rendezvous at the Food Lion,” which was a place that he had picked out. He was very thorough about taking pictures and explaining stuff. We watched him strap the car on there and got to ask him questions. He explained that the car wouldn't stay in that position the entire time. As cars got loaded and unloaded, they would have to rearrange things to balance the weight out.

The only thing I would have was we had some miscommunications with his office in Sacramento. I asked for copies of the paperwork that I signed and they said, “You should automatically get it but if you don't, call the staff in the office and he can email it to you.” So I did. A couple days went by and I didn't have it. I called him again and he said, "I thought I’d sent that. Let me send it.” We had to do that three times. I don't know what sort of glitch it was, but the third time, he stayed on the phone and said, “Okay, I'm sending it again. Did you get it?” I finally got it.

The most important thing to me was I really wanted some control over when it was gonna get there. We moved my son to California in the middle of the fires. I was calling these people in Sacramento asking, “Are you evacuating your way? Are you affected because trucks can't get through?" They said they were okay. They had a place to keep the car in the meantime. They didn't charge me storage so I was really happy about that.

Since they are not doing the transport themselves, the experience that I might have is dependent on the agent that they pick. I would tremble to have the kind of business model that they do where their reputation is totally dependent on stuff outside of their control. We did have a few conversations from the research I had done and they were good about my questions such as "How do you pick your drivers? Do you have a way to disqualify people if they have a problem, or they can't show that they have insurance?” Some of the people that have had bad experiences, it turned out that whatever company has hired their transport agent didn't have insurance and lied to them or didn't have sufficient insurance.

Montway had said they require them to provide proof of insurance and they keep a database. They stop using people if they get complaints. They said the driver should be able to show me their insurance so I asked to see it. The poor guy said he never got that question but he called into his office and they said he could show it to me. He did and I got to look at it. They were able to resolve the concerns that I had.

Montway worked for me. Did they meet my expectations? Yes. Did they do everything that they said they would? Yes, they did. Some of these horror stories like, "They held my car hostage,” “They asked for more money,” “It was wrecked, and they took no responsibility,” I didn't have any of that bad stuff happen. Montway did everything they were supposed to do.

Montway Auto Transport response

Amazing review! Thank you for choosing Montway for your transport, Jill. We're so happy to hear that you did your research and asked a lot of questions. We ask all customers, potential or current, to ask as many questions as possible. We are a niche industry and there is a lot to know. We have no problem helping in any way we can to ensure you have a great experience. We hope you consider us for any future transport needs.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

I was picking up a car in Scottsdale, Arizona. The guy down there said he was having trouble getting a shipper. So, I called Montway and I set it up with them to pick the car up in Arizona and bring it back here to Plymouth. After that, I called and got a quote because I was looking at another car in Seattle. They gave me a quote that I was happy with to bring the car here to Michigan, but the deal fell through.

The only thing I was a little disappointed on is when the guy was coming up here in Plymouth, Michigan and he called me to meet him over at a Walmart parking lot somewhere over off of Southfield Road in Southfield. I told him, “I'm not driving out there. With traffic, it's a half hour drive. What am I gonna do when I get there? I gotta drive there, leave my car there, and pick it up, and bring it back home. What am I gonna do? If you’re worried about where you’re gonna park, there’s a big parking lot up here at Home Depot, a mile from where I live. If you wanna meet me there, I'll meet you there, and I'll make arrangements for the car.” And he said, “Okay, I'll be there in a half hour.” That was around 7 o'clock. Finally, he started calling me at 9:30. I said to myself he better find a place to sleep because I’m not coming up there to pick up the car.

About 20 minutes or so, there was a knock at the front door. He said, “Here's your car in the front yard.” I asked, "How did you get in?” “Well, through the street.” “I told you you could have got here. I don’t know why you kept insisting.” And then when I called Montway's office, they sided with the driver and asked why I couldn't it up over there. I said because I didn’t pay for that. It was my understanding I paid for pick up at the door and deliver at the door. But we got through it. No big deal.

It was dark at night. But we walked around the car with a flashlight and the only concern I had was there were supposed to be two keys, and the driver said there was only one. I called the guy in Arizona and he said, “No,” he and Jay made a mistake. There was only one key. I said, “Fine then. Then we got everything you promised me that I would get.” And that was all set. Montway's driver took some pictures of the car. Other than that, everything was good. The next day, when I brought it out in the daylight, everything looked good on it.

They were fast in picking it up. When I called them to pick it up, it was three at the most that they did. And then they came here to drop it off a day earlier than they thought they would. I was perfectly happy with that. I couldn't ask for anything better. Picking it up and bringing it in here, the time was very short. That's why I wasn't afraid to call again on a couple of other cars that I was looking at to buy to get shipping quotes. Their quotes were close to what I was getting. So, I would use them again. There are no two ways about it.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hello Angelo, thank you for the review. Montway provides door-to-door service. Which states that the driver will pick-up and/or deliver as legally and safely as possible to the locations. If the driver is restricted from entering the area or they feel it is unsafe, they will ask to meet at a designated nearby location. We're also here to provide assistance as well if coordinating a location is difficult. We reached out to the reviewer to provide further information. If the reviewer has any other questions or concerns, we ask that they send us an email to feedback@montway.com.

Original review: April 28, 2021

I called Montway and their rep explained to me how the quotes worked with the drivers. He gave me everything I needed to know and he answered all my questions. I told him I was gonna call a couple more places and see what could give me the best rate. I called a couple of places and the rates weren't as good. Everybody else was at least a couple hundred dollars higher. I told them the rate that I got with Montway and they couldn't really beat it. They asked if that was after taxes and after this and that. I called Montway back and I asked all the questions. The sales guy said it was the final price.

I used a different address at first but I had to change the address where my car was located at so I called the driver and told him. He was okay with it and he picked up the car that was with my mom in Jersey. That went well. When I received the car in Arizona, I thought I was gonna have to pay 800 cash. But it was 900. I only had 800 cash so I gave the driver the money. He was able to Venmo the last bit of it so that worked out for me. I went somewhere and he gave me some time, which was good. There are a whole bunch of horror stories about transporting cars. But Montway is the real thing and not a scam.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the review, Daniel. We work hard to provide fair market prices and great service. We apologize for the confusion but are happy everything went well overall.

Original review: April 28, 2021

I was quite pleased with how the whole thing turned out. Everything went really well. But I wish there was a way to track it without having to contact with anybody, like tracking a package type of thing, where you might be able to have updates or status. Because I had asked for a specific date, and they gave me more of a date range. As it got close to that date, I really didn't wanna call and bug them because I was confident that it was gonna get done. I wasn't anxious enough to call and bug somebody each day, but I was curious.

If it's a time-sensitive shipment, going with Montway could become difficult. But if you have luxury in having an extra day of flux, it's pretty safe to use because economically, it was very reasonable. Also, the customer service was really reactive and helpful for me each time I had to call on them. They were timely with responses.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the feedback, Jeff. Tracking is a great idea and we understand its importance. It's something we talk about every day. But, implementing such a system does raise a lot of complication in our industry type. Something to continue to keep an eye on as our industry evolves. Glad we could help with your shipment and we look forward to future moves.

Original review: April 27, 2021

We were buying a home in Florida and I realized we would need more than one car here. I had one shipped down. I've shipped before. So, I went through the whole gamut, and I just kept coming back to Montway. They seem to have the best reputation. The delivery got a little confusing for a minute. I didn't understand when I first booked it that they were taking the car to Orlando and then someone would put it on a smaller vehicle and bring it over here. It wasn't that big of a deal. The guy with the smaller truck came over and met us. He did a great job. It worked out well.

The condition of the vehicle as as good as to be expected. It's a white SUV. It was kind of muddy and gross looking. But the guy was driving out of the snow. So you can't expect it to be spotless and it's not like he can take that truck to a carwash. I wasn't horrified. That's what my car looks like if I'm driving it around. Overall, Montway did what they said they were going to do.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the review, Alison. As part of the logistics process, the package may be moved between multiple trucks/terminals to help speed up the timing and efficiency of delivery. This is common in all logistics fields but it's not well known unless you work in the industry. Happy we could help with your move and if we can help with anything else let us know.

Original review: April 27, 2021

I've used Montway before. This is the third car in the last four years that I've moved with them. The coordinator did a nice job. He made it easy and it worked out well. I was satisfied with the service. The job was done right and next time I gotta move something, I'll check with them.

Montway Auto Transport response

Happy to provide continued service. We strive to make the auto shipping experience as easy as possible. Looking forward to the next move.

Original review: April 26, 2021

I liked the driver a lot. He was direct and honest as well fast, efficient and careful.

Montway Auto Transport response

Glad to hear the driver did a great job. Thanks for choosing Montway!

Original review: April 26, 2021

Montway has the enclosed trailer and their pricing was good. Everybody was also great. Their quote was fair too. It was better than some of the other ones. So I'm happy with it. The delivery was also great. The driver was courteous. They pulled it right up to my house. They were very thorough in the initial inspection and they were really careful with the car. It was everything I was looking for. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for choosing Montway for professional enclosed shipping services. We work hard to provide fair prices and great service.

Original review: April 25, 2021

The person that I spoke with was definitely very knowledgeable. Answered all my questions. Made the process really simple. The quote was accurate to the original pricing as well. It was a bit more than some of the other folks, but I just really liked what I felt like I'd be getting with Montway. I was able to reach someone quickly anytime I had questions. It was easy to reach someone to chat, and no one was pushy. While I wasn't here for the delivery, I spoke with the leasing office here and asked them if they could do it. The person delivering my car came and spoke with the manager at the leasing office. He got the keys from the leasing office manager and was able to put my car in the garage for me. It was smooth and seamless.

Montway Auto Transport response

Happy to hear we could deliver excellent service for your needs. Thanks for choosing Montway!

Original review: April 25, 2021

My experience with their customer service was great. My daughter was going back to college and needed her car. During the delivery, my daughter took the vehicle and there were no issues. She said everything was good. I’m using Montway again in a month. I’m transporting that same vehicle back.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for choosing Montway, Jim! Happy we could help with your daughter's college shipment.

Original review: April 24, 2021

The driver was great on pick up. He communicated well with my daughter. She had to drive her car out of the neighborhood, which was fine, because he wasn't sure he'd be able to get the truck down. He was very easy to get ahold of and easy to speak to. Even when we were trying to see exactly when he was coming, because my daughter was having an issue with her car that it was at the mechanics, and he was very accurate on the time.

When he did the drop off, my daughter wasn't out there yet. My son was out in California, and he communicated with my son. I've used transports a couple times in the past, and Montway was the best experience I've had. From the beginning, from my very first call, going on the computer, right up until delivery, everything went without a hitch. The communication is fantastic and the price was fabulous as well. I would definitely use Montway again, and I would refer you out.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for choosing Montway! Communication is essential to our business so we're always happy to hear when we do an excellent job.

Original review: April 24, 2021

My brother had used Montway and all the rates seemed similar, so I went with them. I got bounced around to a couple reps but they were able to answer my questions and make it a smooth process. Pickup and delivery went smooth as well.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for choosing Montway for professional car shipping services!

Original review: April 23, 2021

We went back and forth with trying to figure out a pricing. I was trying to get the best price and Montway came back with a price the second time around. In the quote, it showed it’s for a closed transport. I accepted it, and then they changed the pricing on me. They said it was because they quoted an open transport and I wanted a closed transport.

When I tried to resolve the pricing issue, I got the runaround. They asked what they could do and I told them and then they called me back a couple times trying to resolve it. I spent a lot of time talking to them and telling them what I thought was fair, and they didn't do anything. It might have been an honest mistake, but there was a lot of runaround and I didn't think that they really cared. Other than that, delivery was great, met the driver, he was very professional, did a nice job, and then the cars were unloaded. I paid him the remainder amount and all was good.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi John, we apologize for any confusion. As an auto transport broker, we're always going to quote the rate that will get your vehicle moved. This is based on a number of factors, such as locations, time of year, vehicle type, etc. And further backed by real-time market data, historical shipment data, and predictive pricing models. We're happy to hear the delivery went great and if we can help with anything else please let us know.

Original review: April 23, 2021

The reps were terrific. The first person I called was very knowledgeable and explained everything. Everyone, subsequently, that I talked to was fine. In fact, we had an extended period of time where we were in touch, because it turned out that my wife got diagnosed with cancer and had to have some surgeries. We put the car in storage, and they held the contract open for almost five months. When we came back, it's like we never quit. It was very easy. They referenced the number and knew just what we wanted to do.

They told us what day they were gonna pick up the car and at that time, we were already gone from Utah. We stored the car with our mechanic and they contacted him and picked it up at the time they said they would. They told us they’d get it to us in Ohio in three days, which they did. It was a little more complicated than some things though, because we were not yet in Ohio. They dropped it off at our daughter’s workplace. The driver was absolutely fine, courteous, and no problem. He let her know when he was arriving and she was pleased. I was very surprised in today’s market that they did everything they said they’d do, and they did it exactly as they said they would. I was very favorably impressed. I would do it again in a minute if I were faced with a similar situation.

Montway Auto Transport response

Happy we could help Glen. Our goal is to make things a bit easier for everyone. If we can help with anything else, we'll be here.

Original review: April 22, 2021

Everything was good. Pickup and delivery were very swift and I got the vehicle the day they promised. There was no issue with the car as well. All in all, Montway has everything lined up perfectly.

Montway Auto Transport response

Happy to deliver safe and swift services. Thanks for choosing Montway!

Original review: April 22, 2021

Montway's communication back and forth online was excellent. I moved a truck from Texas to Ohio. The initial quote and ending cost were spot on. There were no glitches. I've moved vehicles before where there were a lot of poor communication. Montway was quick to communicate via email and then via text. Then I had the driver in the dispatch phone number. The driver was outstanding. He was polite. I had my three-year-old granddaughter with me. He let her come over and look at the truck and put the flashers on for when it was coming off. The truck was as it was when it left. It was a little dirty, but that was the week of the ice storm in Dallas. They got out right before the ice storm hit. Overall, Montway's quote comes in right. Use them. They were not the absolute cheapest, but they weren't by far the most expensive.

Montway Auto Transport response

Outstanding! We strive to work with the best carriers in the country. Feedback such as this makes that possible. Thanks for choosing Montway to help ship your car.

Original review: April 21, 2021

I did everything online and it was great. The quote was right on too. There wasn't a penny less or more. When I have questions and I went back on the chat line, the rep picked up my service request number, and they put me in contact with the person that was handling me, so I was dealing with the same person. The driver also called me when he picked the car up and then when he got up here, he called me again then I went and picked it up.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for utilizing our live chat services, Joe! We try to make it as easy as possible to communicate with our customers. We look forward to future auto shipping needs.

Original review: April 21, 2021

I made the call to Montway, and they were very helpful and prompt in talking to me. So, I stayed with them. My son, some time ago, transferred himself to a job in San Francisco from upstate New York, and COVID came along. As a gift to him, we transported his car out there. He was without a car for a long time. We just put it on a truck and sent it to him in San Francisco. It left on a Friday and it got there on a Thursday. I talked to the driver for a little bit. He was a good fellow. Montway did a good job. I'm very happy with them. It was the first experience I ever had moving a car like that, and they did a good job.

Montway Auto Transport response

Happy to hear we could help deliver to your son safe and sound. No matter where you need to go, we can help. We hope you consider us for the future!

Original review: April 20, 2021

Montway offers good insurance and I saw good reviews. Also, when I was dealing with them, they were very speedy with replies, and that helped me decide. I liked them. Especially when they sent the wrong truck and the guy couldn't move my car. They got right on it and sent another car. I was happy about that.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the feedback, William. When it comes to moving older and unique cars, things get a bit complicated. But we're able to quickly adjust to the needs of the car. If we can help with anything else let us know!

Original review: April 20, 2021

I needed to transfer my vehicle from New Jersey to Michigan. Montway had the best one from what I got the information from. Their rep called a couple of times and made sure that the car was on its way and when to expect it. When they first quoted me a month ago, it was like $50 less. But it was more after when the car came in. As far as the pickup, I had the driver drop the car off at a nearby hotel, which is only about a mile from my place, because it was a lot easier for him to do that than try to come into my driveway on a busy street. That went real smooth. He gave me a call when he was about five miles out and I met him over there. Everything worked out fine. I recommended Montway a couple of times when people were asking on our online forum about car haulers.

Montway Auto Transport response

Glad to hear the delivery went smooth! Thanks for choosing Montway for professional car shipping services.

Original review: April 19, 2021

I chose Montway because they have a variety of carriers that they can rely on, not just one. I used them to get the car to my address in Florida from Tampa. That worked out really well. The next step was getting it from Florida to Virginia, so I relied on them the second time. It turned out, both times, to be excellent service. They kept me informed, which is important.

The drivers were good in both instances too. They knew what they were doing. People like me are very anal about their cars and they recognized that and they did it the right way. They were very careful and in both instances, the car came with no damage. I’d definitely use Montway again. They lived up to their end of the bargain. They delivered and picked up when they said they were going to. Their prices were reasonable and realistic as well.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the review, William. We strive to work with the most professional auto carriers in the country. So it means a lot to hear them going a great job. We look forward to the next transport.

Original review: April 19, 2021

I had a Lexus SUV transported through Montway and for the most part, everything was good. We had a little bit of a problem with changing an address for the delivery. But it was just a mishap. What happened was we changed the address and it wasn't put in the system as it should have been. So, it went to the first address. Someone wound up paying the driver for it. Montway took care of it. They sent a gift card for $50 and they also took some money off with the delivery charge. There was good communication even though things got screwed up with the address. Someone called me back. They called me to see how the delivery made out and I told them what happened, and then they had a manager call me back. I have recommended Montway to somebody else who shipped their car a couple of weeks after ours, and they had no problem.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the feedback, Arleen. We strive to provide the best service possible. So whenever there is an issue we are happy to help. If we can help again in the future let us know.

Original review: April 18, 2021

I really enjoyed using Montway and I was pleased. Everything was good. It was quick, efficient and the car was moving in less than a week, which is impressive. Pick up was fast. Delivery was also quick and less than four days. The driver kept me updated almost every couple of hours. He would text me and tell me how far they were, which was helpful. It was also door-to-door, which I liked.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for choosing Montway for professional car shipping services. Happy to hear the team did great!

Original review: April 18, 2021

Montway's customer service rep was very good. The gentleman that did the pickup and delivery did a good job and was very informative.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for choosing Montway for professional car shipping services!

Original review: April 17, 2021

When I called, the man I talked to was great. He answered all my questions and took me through the whole process. He explained to me how they would do the transport. They would arrange with me what would be a good range of days they could pick up the car, and I would give them an address to drop it off. He also explained what the charges would be and that we needed to have the car in running condition. We had to replace the battery on our car before it would be ready to be picked up because it had sat out for a while.

We set a date for when they could do the transport and they went ahead and did it. We had a friend of my mother-in-law's down in Arizona be the one to meet the transport truck because we weren't there. We gave Montway her number, they arranged it with her, and that turned out fine. The driver then called me when he got here, which was a day early, and asked me would it be okay if he dropped it off early. I said that was fine with me. We had it dropped off at our auto shop so they could look it over. The driver took pictures of it there to show me that it was there and he said, “Is it okay, if I leave it here?” I said, “Yeah, it's fine,” so he left it and it turned out fine.

The way Montway handled the transport was so clear cut to me, but other people would want to make sure they deal with a company that communicates with them. They need to have good communication with the company that's going to do that transport for them so that they're not confused about where the car is in transport. Montway sent me an email right away to let me know that the car was picked up and then it was on its way.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for the review, Julie. Communication is very important to our industry. We're happy to hear the driver did a great job. If we can help with anything else let us know.

Original review: April 17, 2021

Everything was great with Montway. The driver called me ahead of time and let me know he was coming for the delivery. I told him where I would meet him, went there, reviewed the vehicle and walked around. He unhooked it and gave me all of the documentation for the vehicle.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for choosing Montway for professional auto shipping services. Happy to help any time, Scott!

Original review: April 17, 2021

Montway's prices were comparative but it was the reviews and my dealership down in Huntsville that had used their service before and was quite happy that made me go with them. I had a phone call within an hour, setting everything up. Three hours later, the driver was emailing me. I wasn't down in Huntsville at the time of the pick-up but my dealer called me right away and said they had a beautiful truck. Everything went smooth. When the driver was supposed to be here, he was having an issue with his truck about three hours south of my location but he got that taken care of and he was there. It was spot on. The only anything I didn't like about the driver was he didn't drop off the Ferrari with me. I asked him but he wouldn't do it. Other than that, I was extremely happy and I will be using Montway again. It was worth the money.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the feedback and review, Justin. We strive to work with the most professional truck drivers in the industry. Your feedback makes that possible.

Montway Auto Transport Company Information