2. Auto Transporters

4.9/5 (823 ratings)

About Montway Auto Transport

Montway Auto Transport is a nationwide company offering fast and reliable vehicle and motorcycle moving services. The company ships more than 100,000 vehicles annually and offers efficient auto transportation backed by years of experience across the entire United States, including Alaska and Hawaii. Montway provides services for both individuals and businesses. Shipments are closely monitored to ensure the highest level of safety and support. Insurance coverage is included in the price of shipping, and no upfront payment is required.

Pros

• No upfront payments
  • 24/7 sales and support
  • Free insurance coverage
  • Services all 50 states

Cons

• Must contact for tracking info

Bottom Line

Montway is a leading auto transport company with affordable rates and quality customer service. You can get instant online quotes and easily book your order. Montway is open 24/7 to answer all your auto shipping questions.

How does Montway Auto Transport work?

Montway Auto Transport works in an easy three-step process: quote and book, vehicle pickup and vehicle delivery.

1. Customers must choose what type of transportation they prefer, enclosed or open trailer, to receive a free instant online quote from one of the company’s 40,000-plus vetted and insured professional carriers. No upfront payment is required until your vehicle is assigned to a carrier.
  2. Upon booking your order, Montway’s logistics team searches their vast carrier network to identify the ideal transporter for your vehicle and desired ship dates. Once your order has been assigned to a carrier, Montway immediately notifies you by both phone and email with all carrier contact information and shipping details. They keep customers informed of updates throughout the process.
  3. The trucker drops off your vehicle either at your home or an agreed-upon location. After you conduct a detailed inspection for damage, you can accept the delivery.

Montway Auto Transport costs

The total cost of transportation varies based on location, distance of transport and vehicle type. Seasonality and current market demand can also impact costs. If the car doesn’t run, you’ll likely have to pay more.

For distances less than 500 miles, car transportation typically costs around $1.96 per mile. For trips between 500 and 1,500 miles, the cost is generally closer to 93 cents per mile. Any shipment 1,500 miles or greater costs around 60 cents per mile. This means a 1,500-mile transport from Atlanta, Georgia, to Denver, Colorado, costs around $900.

Expedited shipping is also available for an additional fee.

Montway Auto Transport FAQ

Where is Montway Auto Transport located?
Montway Auto Transport is located in Schaumburg, Illinois. Its partner haulers are located throughout the nation to offer faster services.
Is Montway Transport safe?
Yes, Montway Transport is safe. The company has a history of reliability and includes insurance up to $100,000.
Does Montway Transport have a warranty?
No, but car transportation includes insurance up to $100,000. This can help cover any type of damage that may occur during transportation.
Where does Montway Auto Transport ship?
Montway ships nationwide across all 50 states, including Alaska and Hawaii, as well as to/from Puerto Rico.
What types of vehicles does Montway ship?
Montway currently ships autos, motorcycles, classic cars, exotic cars, scooters, ATVs, UTVs, snowmobiles, RVs and inoperable vehicles.

Is Montway Auto Transport legit?

Montway is a legitimate company with over 40,000 professional trucking partners that transports more than 100,000 vehicles annually. Montway offers customers the ability to call their trucker directly or use a 24/7 chat feature for real-time updates. We recommend Montway for car owners who prefer simplicity during their transportation experience.

Montway Auto Transport Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Montway Auto Transport?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Montway Auto Transport?

Original review: May 26, 2021

I was going to buy a vehicle and the carrier that my dealership wanted to use was a broker as well, but he was not very reputable. I'm in logistics myself, but I don’t move cars. I move freight, so I have experience. I couldn't track down his MC number and then, I wanted to get information on the carriers that he uses. It was really shady to me and I didn't have a good feeling about it. I started doing some research on my own. Montway was in the top three of the top rated, and I read some of their reviews. I was able to look at the carrier that they were gonna use too.

I ended up getting two quotes, and Montway came in cheaper than a competitor. The other guy gave me the top names, but I asked them to match Montway's quote, and they said no. On the other hand, Montway was willing to negotiate, which in my business, is huge. As a broker, if you're not willing to negotiate and you’re just gonna set your feet in just out of principle, sometimes, it can turn a deal off. Even if they're just shaving 150 bucks, people will feel better about it. It's not so much the money. It's the feeling that the company is willing to work with them. Whereas if someone acts like a jerk and says, “This is our price. This is our price,” you’re more likely to hang up the phone. It’s that little give and take that makes you feel like you’re trying to work with them.

Montway's rep said if I paid upfront instead of paying when the vehicle gets there, I get a discount. I paid upfront and they were fantastic. The biggest thing for me is I was able to communicate with the carrier throughout transit. I was able to pinpoint a timeline. I even pinpointed down to him calling me that morning. The carrier was a super nice guy. He made sure that I was all happy. I wasn't supposed to get the car until Thursday. I ended up calling the driver and saying, “Hey, where are you at right now?” He said, “I got one more stop in Indianapolis. I'm in Cincinnati. I'll probably be in Indianapolis Wednesday afternoon. I could deliver to you Thursday morning as what they said was the estimated transit time.”

The driver also asked me, “If you want, but it'll be late tonight, like 10:00 or 11:00. I can meet you tonight in the Kroger's parking lot, and you can pick up the car if you’re up for it.” I said, “Absolutely. That’d actually be better.” I’d rather it be in an empty parking lot at night than during the day at Kroger's, when everyone's driving around and trying to get your car off there. The guy was super cool and it worked out. He was on time. The carrier then let me look at the car all over and asked me if I had any questions. I was happy with the customer service.

Just being able to communicate with the driver, especially when shipping a car, together with the value, that's peace of mind. The whole reason I didn't want to use the dealership’s broker is because I wasn't able to talk to the driver. He said, “Just trust me. You call me if you want any updates.” No. I need to know about my car up there. I’m paying good money. There are no secrets that need to be here. I need to know what’s going on and I need to be able to track the carrier where they're at.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you so much for the excellent feedback, Brian. We built our company on service and we're happy to see that reflected here. It means a lot to us to be able to work with professional drivers. We'll be sure to let them know they did a great job.

Get buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

I was moving from New York to Dallas and I needed to ship three cars. I used one company to ship one car then I went to Montway for two others. They're all the same because I've done it quite often. Those guys are brokers, and then they take their cars and put them out their aggregators. Montway might say they're not that, but it’s not a bad thing. It's just what they are. However, it's difficult. What makes it difficult is the route to pick up six cars, and sometimes the person is not there to pick the car up. They tell you they're going to be there Wednesday at 12:00 and they don't get here until Thursday or Friday.

On the positive side, some were outside trailers, but I own an exotic car so I wanted it to be inside. Mike, the guy who loaded my car the other day, lives in Massachusetts, and I live in New York. He was supposed to be here the night before. He never called me. Then he called me the next day. I wasn't even mad. But I called Montway and told them it doesn't take much to make a phone call. Just call. What happens is once you go through Montway, once you deal with customer service where if you have a problem, just go do that, right?

But once you deal with the driver, once the driver starts to call you, because that's how it works, they will pick up somewhere and start talking you anywhere from 24 to 48 hours out and start going, “Okay, listen.” Because they're trying to strategically line everything up. So, at the end of the day, he would come Friday night but never came. Saturday morning, he told me he was coming but I just called Montway and said, “Listen, the guy's not here. He didn't even call me.” I told them to call him and track him down and try to get him to get back to me. They got right back to me. It's all fine.

I watched this rig that this guy had and it was enclosed. So in order to get them on, it’s all hydraulics. You got to lift the roof on the trailer. And then you have to work all the ramps. You have to strategically get stuff in there. But then you've got to tie them all down. There's a lot of work to do getting it on and he has about three inches on each side to work with, with $200,000 cars. Mine wasn't 200 but he had a 200,000 Porsche on there. He had old Trans Ams and old Mustangs in there. My car is a bit of an exotic car. But the kid was meticulous. He treated my car like it was a champagne glass. And for that, I give Montway credit. He's a pro, so I’d use Montway.

As he said to me, when he loaded two cars in Massachusetts the day before, it was in the snow. They only got an inch, but he was soaking wet. He said it took them three hours to load the car, which I don't disagree. What all guys do is try to get eight cars on that fit in an order like they will only go three hours this way. Then they got to make a decision, go okay, they don't want to go to Texas or Florida, California, with one or two less cars. So they make a decision, they look online. They go, “Here's another car,” and go pick up. It's gonna take three hours over there, then they got to load it. Something goes wrong. What Montway does is say, “We're looking to pick up Monday to Wednesday next week.” They leave that window. They leave it because they know there's no perfection to it. But even when they leave that window, they could still be late or sometimes they're earlier.

I had a guy show up in a pickup truck for my wife's Lexus truck. This guy has a pickup truck but with a center mount which means mounting the middle of the flatbed in the back and he can hold six cars. Nice guy named George. He lived in Texas where my car was going. He loaded my wife's car in 15 minutes. He could load do that because it was an outdoor at a smaller trailer. He was all set up right. He was in and out. I got him through Montway also, but he just came in a different rig. I don't care. He came in a pickup truck where the guy that comes the other day comes in a massive trailer that has two trailers on the back. It's a big difference. But it's all good.

To me, Montway is as good as everyone else. I used them because they were less money. I shipped one with another company and they did a good job. But then with Montway, there was some 300 bucks less but I'm shipping between cars so it’s almost $1,000 between all the cars. But it was, when I got to the enclosed. They were 400 bucks less on that. And in my mind, I feel as though they're all the same because you have no idea who’s showing up. Other than that, their quote was right on the money. They’re the same price as everybody else.

Montway Auto Transport response

Amazing! Thank you for the detailed review, Tim. We are happy to say that we are a broker and we provide a useful service. Auto transport is complicated and it takes a lot of time, work, and expertise to accomplish. We work with carriers to optimize this process as much as possible on their side as well. We're happy we could provide professional service and we look forward to the next transport.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

My niece bought a car here. She goes to school in California and I didn't want her to drive so I wanted to ship the car to her. When we tried to call Montway, we ended up chatting with somebody. That was a good communication tool that they have. Their process was very good. The person I chatted with gave me a link and told me what it was. I clicked on the link and did whatever I needed to do to get signed up. I then went back to chat with the rep.

After we finished, I got a confirmation email. I looked at the email and had a question. I went back to the chatbox that was still open. I was surprised. I said hello and another agent saw it. There was the availability to continue my dialogue. I developed software and we have a business. We also do text messages and the reason for that is because I don't want my clients to have to sit in front of a computer. Montway has a very good system. They beat everybody in the industry. Nobody has what they have.

The car is a new Mercedes so I was looking for an enclosed trailer to ship it. I got a quote and it was not accurate. But it was a good price and good service. From that point on, I didn't have any communication with the company. And then the driver called me. He was talking about how they gave me a discount but it had to be an open trailer. I couldn't reverse it because it was a day before they came to pick up the car. I didn't wanna go through the whole process again. We would have to go with the plan but it was going to be an open trailer instead of an enclosed one.

I paid 200 less. But I didn't really care about the savings. Say for example my a woman can't make it to a salon appointment. The hair cut is 450 and she is told somebody else can cut her hair for 200. She wouldn’t want it because it’s her hair. Also, I am a foreigner and it took me a while before I can communicate comfortably. The driver had an accent and didn't act like an American. He was taking a new Mercedes and changing from an enclosed to an open trailer which I didn't particularly feel comfortable with. But I didn't know what to say.

If the change came from Montway, which I knew about, I would have been fine with it. But the change was coming was someone that I don't even know. I don't think that's a good setup. The driver was not a business person per see and was just there to collect the car and collect money. He was not there to make a deal with me. But overall, it was still a good effort. Montway did a good job during the pandemic. And there was nothing wrong with the driver. He did what he was supposed to do. In my life, I would probably need one or two services like this. In such cases, I would need somebody to handle the business like Montway did.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the detailed review, Thinh. It's important to us that we provide superior communication to our customers. So we're happy to hear our options worked for you. As part of the logistics process, our team will reach out to many possible options to ship your car. If we present an option that may be different than booking, we've taken the time to make sure they can properly accommodate the vehicle and that they will be able to provide professional service. And if there are any issues, Montway is here to help. We hope you consider us for future car shipments. Have a good one!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

When I compared all the information I could find in terms of years in business and customer feedback, Montway was acceptable compared to the others. Their price was also okay and it wasn't hard to get to them. I called pretty far ahead of time and they gave me the timeline. My son moved for graduate school and what was really important to me was getting the car there on a particular day for a very short range of days. They were good about saying, “If you need it here in this range, then we need to pick it up by this time and we will assign the route by this week. Even though you're saying 1,2,3 go now, you won't hear anything until the week before when we assign the driver.” Everything they said was fine. I started getting emails and text messages of what they were doing.

They quoted me $1,174 and that's what it was at the end. The driver was personable. He said, “I don't think I wanna come to your neighborhood.” I said, “I'm glad you called because I was gonna suggest we’d rendezvous at the Food Lion,” which was a place that he had picked out. He was very thorough about taking pictures and explaining stuff. We watched him strap the car on there and got to ask him questions. He explained that the car wouldn't stay in that position the entire time. As cars got loaded and unloaded, they would have to rearrange things to balance the weight out.

The only thing I would have was we had some miscommunications with his office in Sacramento. I asked for copies of the paperwork that I signed and they said, “You should automatically get it but if you don't, call the staff in the office and he can email it to you.” So I did. A couple days went by and I didn't have it. I called him again and he said, "I thought I’d sent that. Let me send it.” We had to do that three times. I don't know what sort of glitch it was, but the third time, he stayed on the phone and said, “Okay, I'm sending it again. Did you get it?” I finally got it.

The most important thing to me was I really wanted some control over when it was gonna get there. We moved my son to California in the middle of the fires. I was calling these people in Sacramento asking, “Are you evacuating your way? Are you affected because trucks can't get through?" They said they were okay. They had a place to keep the car in the meantime. They didn't charge me storage so I was really happy about that.

Since they are not doing the transport themselves, the experience that I might have is dependent on the agent that they pick. I would tremble to have the kind of business model that they do where their reputation is totally dependent on stuff outside of their control. We did have a few conversations from the research I had done and they were good about my questions such as "How do you pick your drivers? Do you have a way to disqualify people if they have a problem, or they can't show that they have insurance?” Some of the people that have had bad experiences, it turned out that whatever company has hired their transport agent didn't have insurance and lied to them or didn't have sufficient insurance.

Montway had said they require them to provide proof of insurance and they keep a database. They stop using people if they get complaints. They said the driver should be able to show me their insurance so I asked to see it. The poor guy said he never got that question but he called into his office and they said he could show it to me. He did and I got to look at it. They were able to resolve the concerns that I had.

Montway worked for me. Did they meet my expectations? Yes. Did they do everything that they said they would? Yes, they did. Some of these horror stories like, "They held my car hostage,” “They asked for more money,” “It was wrecked, and they took no responsibility,” I didn't have any of that bad stuff happen. Montway did everything they were supposed to do.

Montway Auto Transport response

Amazing review! Thank you for choosing Montway for your transport, Jill. We're so happy to hear that you did your research and asked a lot of questions. We ask all customers, potential or current, to ask as many questions as possible. We are a niche industry and there is a lot to know. We have no problem helping in any way we can to ensure you have a great experience. We hope you consider us for any future transport needs.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

I was picking up a car in Scottsdale, Arizona. The guy down there said he was having trouble getting a shipper. So, I called Montway and I set it up with them to pick the car up in Arizona and bring it back here to Plymouth. After that, I called and got a quote because I was looking at another car in Seattle. They gave me a quote that I was happy with to bring the car here to Michigan, but the deal fell through.

The only thing I was a little disappointed on is when the guy was coming up here in Plymouth, Michigan and he called me to meet him over at a Walmart parking lot somewhere over off of Southfield Road in Southfield. I told him, “I'm not driving out there. With traffic, it's a half hour drive. What am I gonna do when I get there? I gotta drive there, leave my car there, and pick it up, and bring it back home. What am I gonna do? If you’re worried about where you’re gonna park, there’s a big parking lot up here at Home Depot, a mile from where I live. If you wanna meet me there, I'll meet you there, and I'll make arrangements for the car.” And he said, “Okay, I'll be there in a half hour.” That was around 7 o'clock. Finally, he started calling me at 9:30. I said to myself he better find a place to sleep because I’m not coming up there to pick up the car.

About 20 minutes or so, there was a knock at the front door. He said, “Here's your car in the front yard.” I asked, "How did you get in?” “Well, through the street.” “I told you you could have got here. I don’t know why you kept insisting.” And then when I called Montway's office, they sided with the driver and asked why I couldn't it up over there. I said because I didn’t pay for that. It was my understanding I paid for pick up at the door and deliver at the door. But we got through it. No big deal.

It was dark at night. But we walked around the car with a flashlight and the only concern I had was there were supposed to be two keys, and the driver said there was only one. I called the guy in Arizona and he said, “No,” he and Jay made a mistake. There was only one key. I said, “Fine then. Then we got everything you promised me that I would get.” And that was all set. Montway's driver took some pictures of the car. Other than that, everything was good. The next day, when I brought it out in the daylight, everything looked good on it.

They were fast in picking it up. When I called them to pick it up, it was three at the most that they did. And then they came here to drop it off a day earlier than they thought they would. I was perfectly happy with that. I couldn't ask for anything better. Picking it up and bringing it in here, the time was very short. That's why I wasn't afraid to call again on a couple of other cars that I was looking at to buy to get shipping quotes. Their quotes were close to what I was getting. So, I would use them again. There are no two ways about it.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hello Angelo, thank you for the review. Montway provides door-to-door service. Which states that the driver will pick-up and/or deliver as legally and safely as possible to the locations. If the driver is restricted from entering the area or they feel it is unsafe, they will ask to meet at a designated nearby location. We're also here to provide assistance as well if coordinating a location is difficult. We reached out to the reviewer to provide further information. If the reviewer has any other questions or concerns, we ask that they send us an email to feedback@montway.com.

Original review: July 20, 2021

The driver was good. However, I added 300 pounds of my personal items for the transport and the driver didn't know. He saw my cards flew off the luggage and then wanted to just charge some more. He didn't know I already paid for that luggage and for my extra item. But the service was good and the cost was fair.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the feedback, Xiao. It's possible that there was an issue between the driver and their dispatch. We'll be sure to provide them with your feedback to help improve services. Happy to hear the service was good overall.

Original review: July 20, 2021

I tried to use RoadRunner but they never called me back. They wouldn't talk to me. What they would do is they'd send me a text message that said, "Hey, your vehicle is ready to ship. Call us back at this number to confirm the date and time." I called that number and then they wouldn't answer. And then, I leave a message, they wouldn't call me back, I'd call them, they wouldn't answer it, and then, they go, "Oh, your time has passed." All three times, the price went up like $400. On the other hand, it was great with Montway. The driver was nice and he looked good to go. I will use Montway again to ship a Jeep to California from Florida.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the review, Timothy. We can't speak for our competitors, but we can say that transparent service and communication are imperative in today's world. We do our best to provide this for all our customers. We're happy we could help and look forward to the next move.

Original review: July 19, 2021

I had a good experience with Montway and I would use them again. The rep was very nice and helpful. The driver was very nice as well. He couldn't pick it up at my door side ‘cause his truck is so big. So, I had to meet him somewhere.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for the review, Aubrey. The truck driver will always try and pick up and deliver as close as legally and safely as possible. As the trucks have a lot of limitations and restrictions, it may be required to meet at a nearby location. We're happy we could help with your shipment. If we can help again in the future let us know.

Original review: July 18, 2021

Everything went smoothly. Montway told me what was going to happen and how it was going to happen. That's just how it happened so I was thrilled.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for the review, Jackie. We do our best to provide transparent and professional car shipping services.

Original review: July 17, 2021

Montway came and delivered when they said. The cost was the same as the quote they told me. However, I told them that I live in a gated community and the GPS took the movers to the wrong gate. It was an awkward place to load the car. They could have researched a little more. Also, the quote to return the vehicle in September was considerably higher which didn't make a lot of sense to me.

Montway Auto Transport response

We appreciate the review and feedback, William. We're always working to improve services and your feedback makes that possible. Auto-shipping prices vary depending on many factors. Locations, direction, time of year and more can have a great impact on costs.

Original review: July 17, 2021

They had some issues. One of the trucks broke down, so the guy that I dealt with had to go pick the truck up in another trailer. He went out of his way for me to make it as close to the timeframe as possible, which I had no problem with. The price was too much but it is what it is. Other than that, I was happy with everything.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the feedback, Eric. We do our best to provide the most professional service possible.

Original review: July 16, 2021

I looked at five companies and Montway Auto was one of the first ones to respond to me. One of the guys that I spoke to, AJ, seemed very forthcoming with all the information that I needed. I didn't feel like I was getting swindled in any way. He also was able to give me an estimate without too much of a hassle. He was one of the factors of why I picked Montway. They were a lot more expensive than some of the other places that I found. But when I was off looking through reviews, they picked up your car on time and all their drivers were reliable.

The guy who picked up my car didn't speak a whole lot. But when I did ask him a question, he was able to answer everything. He was very polite. At some point, the truck company switched drivers out. The guy who delivered the car was a lot more talkative. We had two or three conversations where we could deliver the car. At one point, I told him, "You're 15 minutes away from my house. Drop it off where you can, and I'll go and meet you.” It all worked out fine.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for the review, David. We do our best to be transparent regarding the auto shipping process. It's important to us that we deliver professional service based on the realities of auto shipping. We're very happy to hear that the team was able to deliver that service. If we can help with anything else please let us know.

Original review: July 16, 2021

We had a great experience with Montway. The reps were very encouraging and positive. I've never done this before and I was a little worried about dropping a car off and not seeing it for a week, with your kid moving to California. I called a couple times because it was getting close to the week and I haven't heard anything since. The people on the phone were very good. The car got to the other end in California and when the driver dropped it off, he tried to charge my daughter again. He asked her for $1,400 and she called me. I told her that I paid for it. She told the driver it was paid for and he backed away. It wasn't Montway's fault and also, it changed drivers several times before they got to California and the guy may not have known. Other than that, the vehicle was picked up on time and it was very convenient where they picked up from the house right when they said as well as in dropping it off in California. I had no complaints at all.

The one who picked the car up from the house was great. It's a small street and he still got his truck in there and was able to get the car and was very reassuring to my wife and daughter. I liked the chat service online. Because when you call, you’re on hold quite a while but with the chat, I never had to be on hold at all. Somebody picked it up and gave us all the information as needed with the computer chat. It’s probably a neat feature that a lot of people don't have. I probably will be using Montway when my daughter has to move back in June. So, I’d be getting in touch with Montway again.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the review, Philip. Not everyone ships a car every day and that is exactly why we are here. We do our best to make it as easy as possible and we're happy to hear it went overall well. We do apologize for the payment confusion. As the driver changed during transport, you are exactly correct here. Just confusion in payment. This has already been addressed as it is important the drivers are clear on how payment is made. We're happy to help any time and will be here for your next move.

Original review: July 15, 2021

I imagined that Montway is a broker, like moving companies that are not great to deal with, but the private people that they're using seem to be very hardworking. At the appointed time, the young man met my son and I in the parking lot in our local town that the car was living in. I told him that this would be the date that the car should arrive and he agreed. When we were in the airport changing planes in DC, I got a phone call from that nice young man saying he was already there and that he got there quickly. I told him I was not there yet and to just drive the car into the driveway and put the key under the mat and fair thee well. Then my car was right there when I got in. I was glad it was there and I got there the next day. This was a big cross-country move and the last thing I was worried about was a carwash. I was satisfied. Montway picked a good person and it worked out fine.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the review, Arlene. It means a lot to us to hear the carriers we work with doing well. We'll be sure to let them know. If we can help with anything else let us know.

Original review: July 15, 2021

Montway is exactly what you're hoping for. The cost was spot on. The driver kept in touch and the transaction was super duper smooth.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for the review, Brett! Happy to provide super duper smooth service any time.

Original review: July 14, 2021

The quote was good and the delivery was fine. When I buy another car, I'll probably use Montway again. This experience all went very smoothly.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for the review, David. We're happy to help any time.

Original review: July 14, 2021

The person gave me a pick-up date and got there. But I was back in New Jersey. I was allowed to leave Vero and my neighbor had the key then he contacted me saying my car is gone. I was pleasantly surprised. Then I got a call the day after that and the person said he was there. He checked something about turning into my block and the vehicle was in front of my house. It just didn't work out because of the timing, but I recommended it and I would again. In fact, I gave his name to my buddy across the way who wanted to get down to Florida this month. I was extremely pleased with the way the whole thing worked out.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for the review, Joseph. We're happy to help at any time.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 3 stars
    Original review: July 13, 2021

Montway stayed in communication via text, call and email. The driver was polite. He got my car here in perfect condition. But the price was $400 more than what I was told I had to pay. I just wish I would have known what I was paying up front.

Original review: July 13, 2021

Montway's reputation was really good and offering covered transport was a plus since the bike was going in multiple states and it's kind of the rainy season. Their availability was also quicker than some of the other transport companies I had contacted. I called in the first time for the initial setup and the second time was to sort out a delivery date. However, they had typed in some information incorrectly and to update it required generating a new order. The only hiccup was I never got the notification for the new order. But they did do it, apparently, since I got the bike.

What struck me as a little weird is Montway subcontracts. I pay them and they go and find the transport. If I wanted a status update for my delivery, I had to text the actual semi-truck driver and never got a response when I did that. My preferred experience would have been Montway handling the fact that it’s been subcontracted and dealing with all these backend things. But the delivery was on time and the bike arrived just as it left the dealer. The experience was also less complicated logistically compared to my experiences with other moving companies.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for sharing your experience, Bobby. It's important to note that Montway is a broker. Our role in the auto transport space is to dispatch your shipment to a qualified motor carrier that is able to conduct the transport. We put in a lot of work to assign the right carrier for every shipment. Motorcycles specifically require specific equipment to service correctly. Our expectations are that the carrier is handling the shipment per our set standards. Which involves adequate communication and status updates. Your feedback is infinitely valuable here as it will allow us to help the carrier improve its services. We're happy we could help with your move and if we can help again let us know.

Original review: July 12, 2021

I had an easy and quick experience with their rep. The questions that I had were answered. I was able to get in contact with someone and get status updates whenever I needed to. The quote was cheaper than the other two places I was looking at that had worse reviews. It was completely accurate. The truck got to us in the exact same condition as when we dropped it off. Montway was very efficient. They have great service and good pricing.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for the review, Felisha. Happy we could make it as easy as 1...2...3. Have a good one!

Original review: July 12, 2021

The driver was very professional, nice, and did his job right. He got there sooner than what I thought. The lady that answered the phone was also very nice. Her English wasn't horrible but it wasn't the best and I couldn't understand some things. I have a hard time understanding something sometimes ‘cause I was in a bad accident. So, if you don't clearly make sure I understand, I'm not going to get it and I'll be confused. Better clarification from the person that answered the phone would be nice. I had to call her back a second time to make sure I understood what she was saying. However, she was even more understanding when I told her what was going on. Sometimes when it comes down to me doing certain business, my brain takes a minute to click in.

Montway Auto Transport response

We appreciate the feedback, Carson. We do our best to make the auto shipping process as simple as possible. But there are a lot of complications and things to know. We're always happy to answer any questions and provide clarification on how things work. If we can help with anything else please let us know.

Original review: July 11, 2021

The price range of Montway was reasonable. They are responsive and I had a good experience with customer service. But they defined a one-week time range. I had my friends so that was not a problem for me. But if I had no one and I just wanted to get my car on the exact day, they need to work on that part and be more precise.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the review, Hamzeh. We do our best to provide the best experience possible. We do understand that the expanded shipment timeframes do leave a bit to be desired. We do provide some more precise timeframes for some routes. But our industry is very much based on the supply and demand of truck drivers. And some routes may not see activity for a week or more. This is why we give the estimated range. We're always working to help the industry expand. If we can help again in the future let us know.

Original review: July 11, 2021

My experience with the rep was good and it was fast. The quote was a little higher, but the delivery was good. It took three days.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the review, Martez. We're happy to help any time.

Original review: July 10, 2021

Montway did a great job. The process was done via the app and it was pretty seamless. We were in good communication about the drop-off, pick-up and delivery. However, you pay the driver directly. It’d be great if you could just pay the whole thing all at once via Venmo or whatever credit card.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the review, Eric. We do offer alternative payment options, such as paying for the shipment in full with a credit card. This would need to be arranged at the time of booking. Outside of that, we're happy to hear the transport was seamless. If we can help with anything else let us know.

Original review: July 10, 2021

When we checked, Montway had good reviews and they quoted us better than some of the other ones that we looked at. We called and set up the date and time. Since we were not in Vegas at the time, we already set up somebody who could release the cars beforehand. Working with our mother-in-law, we were able to get those cars handled and released.

When the driver called, he asked us to bring the car out to the main road which was easy to do. He explained what he was going to do and took pictures to make sure that the status of the car was how it was going to be once it came out. In case anything happened, he would have before and after pictures. The transporting was quick and it went well. The only thing we had to do was get our cars washed because moving it to Vegas, a lot of dirt ended up on the car.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the review, Warren. This is exactly what we want to hear! A thorough inspection of the vehicle should always be done at the time of pickup and delivery. Happy we could help and if we can help with anything else let us know.

Original review: July 9, 2021

The customer service of Montway was great. Their quote was reasonable too. Everything arrived accordingly. I'd recommend them.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for the recommendation, Macy. We're happy to help any time!

Original review: July 9, 2021

I looked at two companies and chose Montway because they were able to dispatch. The reps were good, and the driver and I had adequate communication. There was a scratch on the car, but overall, my experience was good.

Montway Auto Transport response

We appreciate the feedback, Sierra. We are always working to improve services for us and our carriers. Your feedback makes that possible.

Original review: July 8, 2021

This is the first time I did this. Montway gave me a student deal, which was better. The contractor outside who picked up the car was excellent. He walked to the home because we have lots of trees near and then picked up the car. I drove behind him to where the big truck was. The timing was just what I expected. Everything went well.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for the review, Margaret. We move cars for students all the time. So we try and help in any way we can. We hope you consider us for future shipping needs.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: July 8, 2021

Process to ship SUV from VA to HI began several months prior to pickup. Gave 5 day window for P/U from VA as requested in May and let them know that I would be flying into VA from HI to ensure transport prior to 5 day window. Charged debit car the total price of over $2700 after they booked with Matson despite having no driver to transport to CA. Bottom line is that no driver found well after the shipping date from CA and called me for more money to get a driver. Had no problem talking with "customer service" but was told the same thing over and over, "still looking for driver". I cancelled the order and was charged $199 cancellation fee. Do not know how Montway has a 5 star rating but I would give minus 5 stars. How can they charge the full rate before car pickup date?? Backward process to "get the Money".

Montway Auto Transport response

Hello Haruki, I want to let you know I looked into this situation. I apologize that we were unable to fulfill your shipment request. I've refunded the remaining $199. You were charged because we had completed the ocean shipping portion of your shipment. It's just the land shipping that was delayed. And the delay was due to lower than normal driver availability during the estimate.

Please note that Montway estimates one to several business days for pick up. On average, this is around 1-5 business days. While the majority of our shipments are picked up within this average, it can take longer depending on a number of factors. Please see our terms for more information: https://www.montway.com/terms-and-conditions

Hopefully my refunding this fee helps show that despite our policies, we do care about delivering great service. I apologize again that we were unable to fulfill the shipment to your needs.

If you have any questions or feedback, please email me at feedback@montway.com. -Rick

Original review: July 8, 2021

It was pretty flexible to book online and I got a quote almost instantly. Also, I had a good experience with all the contacts I had. I received a phone call 30 minutes before the driver arrived, I met up with him, and I signed up all their documentation required. He was pretty helpful and friendly.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for the review, Oscar. Happy we could help provide professional service for your move.

Montway Auto Transport Company Information