2. Auto Transporters
Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.73/5

Montway Auto Transport is a nationwide company offering fast and reliable vehicle and motorcycle moving services. The company ships more than 100,000 vehicles annually and offers efficient auto transportation backed by years of experience across the entire United States, including Alaska and Hawaii. Montway provides services for both individuals and businesses. Shipments are closely monitored to ensure the highest level of safety and support. Insurance coverage is included in the price of shipping, and no upfront payment is required.

Montway Auto Transport Video

BOTTOM LINE

Montway is a leading auto transport company with affordable rates and quality customer service. You can get instant online quotes and easily book your order. Montway is open 24/7 to answer all your auto shipping questions.

PROS

• No upfront payments
  • 24/7 sales and support
  • Free insurance coverage

CONS

• Not the lowest-cost provider
Montway Auto Transport Call Now Toll Free (866) 618-7655 Get a Quote
Call Now Toll Free

How does Montway Auto Transport work?

Montway Auto Transport works in an easy three-step process: quote and book, vehicle pickup and vehicle delivery.

1. Customers must choose what type of transportation they prefer, enclosed or open trailer, to receive a free instant online quote from one of the company’s 40,000-plus vetted and insured professional carriers. No upfront payment is required until your vehicle is assigned to a carrier.
  2. Upon booking your order, Montway’s logistics team searches their vast carrier network to identify the ideal transporter for your vehicle and desired ship dates. Once your order has been assigned to a carrier, Montway immediately notifies you by both phone and email with all carrier contact information and shipping details. They keep customers informed of updates throughout the process.
  3. The trucker drops off your vehicle either at your home or an agreed-upon location. After you conduct a detailed inspection for damage, you can accept the delivery.

Montway Auto Transport costs

The total cost of transportation varies based on location, distance of transport and vehicle type. Seasonality and current market demand can also impact costs. If the car doesn’t run, you’ll likely have to pay more.

For distances less than 500 miles, car transportation typically costs around $1.96 per mile. For trips between 500 and 1,500 miles, the cost is generally closer to 93 cents per mile. Anything more than 1,500 miles is considered long distance and usually costs around 58 cents per mile. This adds up to $870 for a 1500-mile trip from Atlanta, Georgia, to Denver, Colorado.

Expedited shipping is also available for an additional fee.

Montway Auto Transport FAQ

Where is Montway Auto Transport located?
Montway Auto Transport is located in Schaumburg, Illinois. Its partner haulers are located throughout the nation to offer faster services.
Is Montway Transport safe?
Yes, Montway Transport is safe. The company has a history of reliability and includes insurance up to $100,000.
Does Montway Transport have a warranty?
No, but car transportation includes insurance up to $100,000. This can help cover any type of damage that may occur during transportation.
Where does Montway Auto Transport ship?
Montway ships nationwide across all 50 states, including Alaska and Hawaii, as well as to/from Puerto Rico.
What types of vehicles does Montway ship?
Montway currently ships autos, motorcycles, classic cars, exotic cars, scooters, ATVs, UTVs, snowmobiles, RVs and inoperable vehicles.

Is Montway Auto Transport legit?

Montway is a legitimate company with over 40,000 professional trucking partners that transports more than 100,000 vehicles annually. Montway offers customers the ability to call their trucker directly or use a 24/7 chat feature for real-time updates. We recommend Montway for car owners who prefer simplicity during their transportation experience.

Montway Auto Transport Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Montway Auto Transport?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Montway Auto Transport?

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

Montway had some good reports online. I called them up and they were pleasant. I spoke with a man and he told me what would happen and when I would be contacted, and it all went according to plan. I got a message in the timeframe that he said. The only thing that I was not happy about was, I went online and got a quote. And then I called the next day or the day after to set it up, and the quote was not the same. We were shipping the car from Vegas to Kinston, North Carolina, which is 2,400 miles. The first quote was 1,100 something, but then when I got back to it, it was 1,300 something. I would be happy if it were less. The rep said, “Well, they're only good for 24 hours.” I'm sure that might have been someplace in the small print, but it would’ve been very small I didn't like that, but it didn’t make me say, “Well, I'm gonna be with somebody else.”

If the quote is for such a short time as 24 hours, it should’ve been more obvious that that was the case, because I could have moved quicker. My husband had a rental already for the month so it was not a big rush, but that was a bit aggravating. Other than that, they told me the car would be here on Tuesday, and it was. It was seven days. It would have taken me five days to drive it. So, seven days was fine to me. I have never shipped a car before, so I didn’t know what to expect. But I was not disappointed, particularly with the driver of the truck. My car was in an RV park and his truck was too big to get in. So, I had to go a mile or so down the road where he could park with that big old truck. I drove down and he did the paperwork. And then I was gonna have to walk home because I didn't have anybody to pick me up, and he offered to drive me. He said he was going back that way. He was a very nice, young man.

I did my math on how much it would cost me to drive the car and pay for gas, hotels and food, and I could not have done it myself for much less. Maybe a couple hundred or so, but I didn’t have to do that. I just had to get on the plane, so I was pleased. I would do it again if an opportunity comes up where we need a car on the other side of the country. My husband's company is moving out here and there will be numbers of people coming. We would be happy to tell them to give Montway a call if they need to. Many of them have a few cars to bring.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the great review, Vicki. We appreciate the feedback regarding the quote. This is definitely something we'll evaluate as it's important that this is clear. The car shipping industry can see sporadic changes in market and truck availability. Things can easily change within a day or two. Outside of this, we're happy to hear that everything else went well. If we can assist with anything else please do not hesitate to let us know.

Get buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

I was moving from New York to Dallas and I needed to ship three cars. I used one company to ship one car then I went to Montway for two others. They're all the same because I've done it quite often. Those guys are brokers, and then they take their cars and put them out their aggregators. Montway might say they're not that, but it’s not a bad thing. It's just what they are. However, it's difficult. What makes it difficult is the route to pick up six cars, and sometimes the person is not there to pick the car up. They tell you they're going to be there Wednesday at 12:00 and they don't get here until Thursday or Friday.

On the positive side, some were outside trailers, but I own an exotic car so I wanted it to be inside. Mike, the guy who loaded my car the other day, lives in Massachusetts, and I live in New York. He was supposed to be here the night before. He never called me. Then he called me the next day. I wasn't even mad. But I called Montway and told them it doesn't take much to make a phone call. Just call. What happens is once you go through Montway, once you deal with customer service where if you have a problem, just go do that, right?

But once you deal with the driver, once the driver starts to call you, because that's how it works, they will pick up somewhere and start talking you anywhere from 24 to 48 hours out and start going, “Okay, listen.” Because they're trying to strategically line everything up. So, at the end of the day, he would come Friday night but never came. Saturday morning, he told me he was coming but I just called Montway and said, “Listen, the guy's not here. He didn't even call me.” I told them to call him and track him down and try to get him to get back to me. They got right back to me. It's all fine.

I watched this rig that this guy had and it was enclosed. So in order to get them on, it’s all hydraulics. You got to lift the roof on the trailer. And then you have to work all the ramps. You have to strategically get stuff in there. But then you've got to tie them all down. There's a lot of work to do getting it on and he has about three inches on each side to work with, with $200,000 cars. Mine wasn't 200 but he had a 200,000 Porsche on there. He had old Trans Ams and old Mustangs in there. My car is a bit of an exotic car. But the kid was meticulous. He treated my car like it was a champagne glass. And for that, I give Montway credit. He's a pro, so I’d use Montway.

As he said to me, when he loaded two cars in Massachusetts the day before, it was in the snow. They only got an inch, but he was soaking wet. He said it took them three hours to load the car, which I don't disagree. What all guys do is try to get eight cars on that fit in an order like they will only go three hours this way. Then they got to make a decision, go okay, they don't want to go to Texas or Florida, California, with one or two less cars. So they make a decision, they look online. They go, “Here's another car,” and go pick up. It's gonna take three hours over there, then they got to load it. Something goes wrong. What Montway does is say, “We're looking to pick up Monday to Wednesday next week.” They leave that window. They leave it because they know there's no perfection to it. But even when they leave that window, they could still be late or sometimes they're earlier.

I had a guy show up in a pickup truck for my wife's Lexus truck. This guy has a pickup truck but with a center mount which means mounting the middle of the flatbed in the back and he can hold six cars. Nice guy named George. He lived in Texas where my car was going. He loaded my wife's car in 15 minutes. He could load do that because it was an outdoor at a smaller trailer. He was all set up right. He was in and out. I got him through Montway also, but he just came in a different rig. I don't care. He came in a pickup truck where the guy that comes the other day comes in a massive trailer that has two trailers on the back. It's a big difference. But it's all good.

To me, Montway is as good as everyone else. I used them because they were less money. I shipped one with another company and they did a good job. But then with Montway, there was some 300 bucks less but I'm shipping between cars so it’s almost $1,000 between all the cars. But it was, when I got to the enclosed. They were 400 bucks less on that. And in my mind, I feel as though they're all the same because you have no idea who’s showing up. Other than that, their quote was right on the money. They’re the same price as everybody else.

Montway Auto Transport response

Amazing! Thank you for the detailed review, Tim. We are happy to say that we are a broker and we provide a useful service. Auto transport is complicated and it takes a lot of time, work, and expertise to accomplish. We work with carriers to optimize this process as much as possible on their side as well. We're happy we could provide professional service and we look forward to the next transport.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

When I compared all the information I could find in terms of years in business and customer feedback, Montway was acceptable compared to the others. Their price was also okay and it wasn't hard to get to them. I called pretty far ahead of time and they gave me the timeline. My son moved for graduate school and what was really important to me was getting the car there on a particular day for a very short range of days. They were good about saying, “If you need it here in this range, then we need to pick it up by this time and we will assign the route by this week. Even though you're saying 1,2,3 go now, you won't hear anything until the week before when we assign the driver.” Everything they said was fine. I started getting emails and text messages of what they were doing.

They quoted me $1,174 and that's what it was at the end. The driver was personable. He said, “I don't think I wanna come to your neighborhood.” I said, “I'm glad you called because I was gonna suggest we’d rendezvous at the Food Lion,” which was a place that he had picked out. He was very thorough about taking pictures and explaining stuff. We watched him strap the car on there and got to ask him questions. He explained that the car wouldn't stay in that position the entire time. As cars got loaded and unloaded, they would have to rearrange things to balance the weight out.

The only thing I would have was we had some miscommunications with his office in Sacramento. I asked for copies of the paperwork that I signed and they said, “You should automatically get it but if you don't, call the staff in the office and he can email it to you.” So I did. A couple days went by and I didn't have it. I called him again and he said, "I thought I’d sent that. Let me send it.” We had to do that three times. I don't know what sort of glitch it was, but the third time, he stayed on the phone and said, “Okay, I'm sending it again. Did you get it?” I finally got it.

The most important thing to me was I really wanted some control over when it was gonna get there. We moved my son to California in the middle of the fires. I was calling these people in Sacramento asking, “Are you evacuating your way? Are you affected because trucks can't get through?" They said they were okay. They had a place to keep the car in the meantime. They didn't charge me storage so I was really happy about that.

Since they are not doing the transport themselves, the experience that I might have is dependent on the agent that they pick. I would tremble to have the kind of business model that they do where their reputation is totally dependent on stuff outside of their control. We did have a few conversations from the research I had done and they were good about my questions such as "How do you pick your drivers? Do you have a way to disqualify people if they have a problem, or they can't show that they have insurance?” Some of the people that have had bad experiences, it turned out that whatever company has hired their transport agent didn't have insurance and lied to them or didn't have sufficient insurance.

Montway had said they require them to provide proof of insurance and they keep a database. They stop using people if they get complaints. They said the driver should be able to show me their insurance so I asked to see it. The poor guy said he never got that question but he called into his office and they said he could show it to me. He did and I got to look at it. They were able to resolve the concerns that I had.

Montway worked for me. Did they meet my expectations? Yes. Did they do everything that they said they would? Yes, they did. Some of these horror stories like, "They held my car hostage,” “They asked for more money,” “It was wrecked, and they took no responsibility,” I didn't have any of that bad stuff happen. Montway did everything they were supposed to do.

Montway Auto Transport response

Amazing review! Thank you for choosing Montway for your transport, Jill. We're so happy to hear that you did your research and asked a lot of questions. We ask all customers, potential or current, to ask as many questions as possible. We are a niche industry and there is a lot to know. We have no problem helping in any way we can to ensure you have a great experience. We hope you consider us for any future transport needs.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

We were moving and we had an extra vehicle and not enough drivers. I received quotes from about a dozen transport companies. The quotes went as high as $2,500 and there were quotes as low as $600. We started to do the research and looked at some of those. The high ones were far too high and with the low ones, there were a lot of additional fees that weren't upfront that might come into the cost at the end. Montway was very reasonable and they were upfront. Also, their reviews were the best when I was looking for a nice balance between the cost and the quality of service. Their rep and I talked about what I needed and they made the arrangements. They had a driver arranged within 36 hours and what they quoted was what we paid.

We had arranged for the driver to come for the pick up and I was supposed to meet him but I ended up in the hospital with surgery. The driver reached out and said he was coming. I said I was in the hospital and he was very sympathetic. I told him he was gonna meet my wife and my son. The driver came to the parking lot in the church by our house and he was very professional and helpful. My wife felt extremely at ease with him. He loaded up the vehicle and went on his way.

It only took about three days to get from New Jersey to its destination, my parents' house in Iowa. He called me at different stages of the trip and kept me abreast of what was going on, where he was, and how close he was gonna be to dropping it off. My folks live in a small town off the interstate. They parked on one of the main roads in town and then took the vehicle up and brought it down to my parents. From stopping the car, taking the vehicle off, driving to my parents' house, walking up to my parents, and then knocking, he gave me a step-by-step through the whole process. It was quite amusing.

I got to hear the whole interaction when he was dropping off the car and when the last payment was made. That was very good. My parents are older and they were quite happy with the whole process. The driver was a really good guy and everybody who had any interactions with him said he was a good guy. My phone interactions were fantastic and it was delivered on time, very safely, and securely. We had an excellent experience. I have another car that's out in New Jersey and at some point, we're going to arrange for the delivery with Montway. We're pretty excited about that.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the wonderful review, Scott. We encourage all customers to do their research. Our industry is very niche and has a wide range of variables to consider. We do our best and use a wide range of technology and industry knowledge to provide a fair and accurate quote. We also pride ourselves on working with the most professional drivers out there. So we're happy to hear that the driver provided great service. If there is anything else we can help with, please let us know. Have a great one!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

I was picking up a car in Scottsdale, Arizona. The guy down there said he was having trouble getting a shipper. So, I called Montway and I set it up with them to pick the car up in Arizona and bring it back here to Plymouth. After that, I called and got a quote because I was looking at another car in Seattle. They gave me a quote that I was happy with to bring the car here to Michigan, but the deal fell through.

The only thing I was a little disappointed on is when the guy was coming up here in Plymouth, Michigan and he called me to meet him over at a Walmart parking lot somewhere over off of Southfield Road in Southfield. I told him, “I'm not driving out there. With traffic, it's a half hour drive. What am I gonna do when I get there? I gotta drive there, leave my car there, and pick it up, and bring it back home. What am I gonna do? If you’re worried about where you’re gonna park, there’s a big parking lot up here at Home Depot, a mile from where I live. If you wanna meet me there, I'll meet you there, and I'll make arrangements for the car.” And he said, “Okay, I'll be there in a half hour.” That was around 7 o'clock. Finally, he started calling me at 9:30. I said to myself he better find a place to sleep because I’m not coming up there to pick up the car.

About 20 minutes or so, there was a knock at the front door. He said, “Here's your car in the front yard.” I asked, "How did you get in?” “Well, through the street.” “I told you you could have got here. I don’t know why you kept insisting.” And then when I called Montway's office, they sided with the driver and asked why I couldn't it up over there. I said because I didn’t pay for that. It was my understanding I paid for pick up at the door and deliver at the door. But we got through it. No big deal.

It was dark at night. But we walked around the car with a flashlight and the only concern I had was there were supposed to be two keys, and the driver said there was only one. I called the guy in Arizona and he said, “No,” he and Jay made a mistake. There was only one key. I said, “Fine then. Then we got everything you promised me that I would get.” And that was all set. Montway's driver took some pictures of the car. Other than that, everything was good. The next day, when I brought it out in the daylight, everything looked good on it.

They were fast in picking it up. When I called them to pick it up, it was three at the most that they did. And then they came here to drop it off a day earlier than they thought they would. I was perfectly happy with that. I couldn't ask for anything better. Picking it up and bringing it in here, the time was very short. That's why I wasn't afraid to call again on a couple of other cars that I was looking at to buy to get shipping quotes. Their quotes were close to what I was getting. So, I would use them again. There are no two ways about it.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hello Angelo, thank you for the review. Montway provides door-to-door service. Which states that the driver will pick-up and/or deliver as legally and safely as possible to the locations. If the driver is restricted from entering the area or they feel it is unsafe, they will ask to meet at a designated nearby location. We're also here to provide assistance as well if coordinating a location is difficult. We reached out to the reviewer to provide further information. If the reviewer has any other questions or concerns, we ask that they send us an email to feedback@montway.com.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

When I was moving from Ohio to California, I called a few places. I read all the reviews online as well, and I opted for Montway. I felt that they were the most reliable and they were at a cheaper rate. The quote was very reasonable and it was very accurate. The driver was also quick to give responses and I felt good. I received my car within five to six days and it was absolutely perfect. Overall, the service was good. I had a very good experience working with them.

Montway Auto Transport response

Glad to hear you had a good experience. Thanks for the review, Sneha! We try to provide the best service we can and are always here to help. If we can help with anything else, just let us know.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

I needed to ship a car to my kid in college from Florida to Pennsylvania and I was looking for a company. Montway came up and I did some research online. I also asked a few friends but none of them had used them before. I got the name of another company that I called originally but that didn’t work out timing-wise so I called Montway. They were right on top of it. I liked their accessibility and timeframe. They were all roughly the same price but some were gonna take 10 days or a week. Montway took three days. The reps were all fabulous and I love the office. They were very nice, professional and their level of knowledge was very high. They knew that they weren't going to be able to do it themselves. They were gonna have to outsource it and they were very upfront that it might cost me a little bit more, which did. It ended up costing me another $80 and I was willing to accept that.

The guy who came to pick up the car wasn't very talkative but he was very professional and nice. I liked that my car wasn't the last car that was hanging off the back. When I called, the guy was delivering a car in Jersey and he said that he was not gonna be able to get it to my daughter that day but he could get it to her the next morning, and he did. She wasn't even home. Someone else took possession of the car, which was a little sketchy. I was a little nervous about it but it worked out fine. The car was a little dirty but it was fine. The quote that was given to me was almost 100% accurate. They were the same quotes that I was getting from everybody.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the excellent review, Jill. We strive to provide the best service we can and provide full transparency in our operations. Glad you gave us a chance and if we can help with anything else please let us know.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

There were several companies that I had the opportunity to choose from, and I decided to go with Montway because one company never responded back to me and the other did, but never got back with a follow up. Since I went with Montway, I didn't have any issues at all. As a matter of fact, they delivered my vehicle a day and a half earlier than the scheduled time. I arrived on the 13th of October and they were supposed to deliver my vehicle not until the 16th. But they called me up on the 14th and said, “Hey, we'll be heading to Albuquerque. We have your vehicle. Are you available to take it?” But the driver had some problems with traffic and they showed up at my residence around 10 at night. But I was good with that. The experience from when they first picked it up was outstanding. Then even when I got my vehicle, I checked my odometer and it didn't even move. It still had the same mileage on it when it was dropped off. So no one drove the vehicle.

I had a problem when I first scheduled with Montway. They told me that it would be guaranteed that the vehicle would be picked up by a certain amount of days. I projected a certain date but they weren't able to accommodate it and it ended up getting pushed back to almost the last possible moment that I can have it picked up while I was still in the location before. But they were able to meet the date. If I didn't get it shipped that day, I would have had to go to alternative measures because I wouldn't have been available. But it managed to work out. The overall service and the drivers were very customer service oriented. The drivers were very courteous and straight to the point. I would recommend them. If I had to move a vehicle again, I would go with Montway based on that experience.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the fantastic review, Antonio. It's important for us to provide the best service possible and we are always striving to improve our services. Glad to hear everything went well. If we can help with anything else please let us know.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

I looked at the various recommendations on a site and the ratings that people had made. Montway had one of the highest ratings and they seemed to be reasonable in price. I had a wonderful experience with them. They were there when they said they were there. They were efficient and professional. They were punctual and they called right back. I didn't have to wait 24 hours to know that I was accepted. I got a call right away. Everything that they said would happen, happened. The driver was excellent. He was prompt and punctual. He did a good job. He was a pleasure to deal with. I was very, very pleased. I would use them again.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the review, Robert. We're happy to provide a fantastic service for your needs at any time. Looking forward to the next shipment.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2020

Montway was fantastic from start to finish. They were on time. The delivery was earlier. There was constant communication through text. The auto transportation portion was the least of my worries through the whole move because they were so on top of it. We moved from California to Connecticut and we did the transport of my car and my husband's motorcycle. For the motorcycle, it took 15 days to arrive because it was enclosed. But for the car, it was quick. It was around seven days. They did great. I would definitely use them again if we have to do a long haul.

Montway Auto Transport response

Fantastic! Thanks for choosing Montway for your vehicle shipping. Motorcycles can take longer on average to transport due to the more complex shipping requirements to move them. If we can help with any future shipment needs, just let us know, Lorraine.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

They were very efficient. The rep that set up the transport was very kind and checked in, calling me back to finish the transaction out, which I appreciated. The quote was very accurate and the delivery was great. It took only a week, which was really fast. When the driver picked up the car, we knew he was on his way. Another operator contacted and told me that the driver was nearby. He gave me his number. So the communication was great.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the review, Khylani. Communication is a core value for us and we're happy to hear the team did a greatjob. If we can help with anything else please let us know.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

I’m in the military, so I had to ship my car from California to Maryland. I looked at five companies. When I called Montway, a human answered and I was able to talk to somebody easily. The customer service rep was helpful and I liked the price I got. That was one of the reasons I went with them as well. I had another price from another company that was similar, but they didn't have anybody available to talk to when I called back. When my car was delivered, it was in the same condition as it was when I shipped it. Also, my brother was late to pick up the car, and the driver was understanding and nice about it, so that was good.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for the great review, Audrey. We appreciate you giving us the opportunity to help ship your car. Customer service is one of our core values as auto transport can be quite complicated. So we want to make sure we're here to answer any questions and provide any help we can. If we can help with anything else, please let us know.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

My dad passed away and I needed to transport his 2019 GMC Sierra from Louisiana to Michigan. At first, I researched to see how Montway handled theirs. Their representative was nice and the quote I got was reasonable. The delivery went good as well. Everything was in good shape when the truck arrived.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, Ryan. We're happy we could help with your needs. If we can help with anything else, please let us know.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

I needed to get a car from one state to the next state. When the representative from Montway came, he spoke very politely. He asked me if I had any questions and was pretty much professional. The people said once they got in contact with the person who was the owner of the car first, they made sure he was there, got his information, and talked to him. Then they said they were gonna call me when they were on the way, picking the car up and on the road. They called every couple of hours and let me know where they were and then once they got in my state. They called me once they got to my city and then when they were pulling up, they also called. So I knew at all times everything. It was awesome dealing with them. The transport took about four days. Montway provided the cheapest quote and the final cost was still on point. The vehicle was perfect when it arrived. Montway is the best one and that's the one I wanna use from now on.

Montway Auto Transport response

We appreciate the review, Jakell! We're so happy to hear that the truck driver did a great job. We strive to work with the most professional drivers out there. We look forward to shipping your next car!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2020

I relocated from California to New Hampshire. I checked Montway's reviews and the price was good. Some of the other companies were okay giving a discount to a senior but I had initially started with Montway so I went back to Montway. I also felt confident after talking to the salesperson that I spoke to. I shipped my sister's Hyundai and my Subaru. The driver was professional and on time. Everything was good.

The vehicles arrived in six days instead of seven, so I was very impressed. When my car was picked up, the driver met me on the street instead of coming into a mobile home park, which is a two-minute walk for me to walk outside my driveway. Then when he dropped it off, I did let him know that I have a shopping center in the vicinity that I can walk to. Because it's hard to get these type of big vehicles in to where I live. Everything was perfect, though. He found the place. He called me and said that he was there. He was great. He was unloading it while I was walking right over.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the excellent review, Theresa. We're happy to hear our team could provide professional and speedy service for your auto shipment. If there is anything else we can help with please let us know. Have a great day!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2020

We called Montway and they took care of everything for us. They picked up the car on time and delivered it on time too. We had the car from Michigan to Florida and we had it hauled down a transporter. The rep called us and said that he would be at that location in half an hour. He inspected it before he unloaded it and took some pictures, and there was no damage that we saw. Everything looked good. He drove it off and then we took off. It was right by our house in Fort Myers. The quote that Montway gave us was $50 more than what we should have paid but they are a very good company. I’d recommend them and we'll use them again. They did a great job.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for choosing Montway for your car shipping needs. Happy to hear the truck driver did a great job. If we can help with anything else please let us know.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

I bought a '98 Cobra Mustang out of state and I needed it transported. I had used transporters in the past and wasn't satisfied with them but I saw good reviews for Montway, so I went with them. Their customer service was excellent. As soon as I started the online process, someone from Montway texted, called and emailed me. They wanted to make sure that we got everything right. The cost was very reasonable and acceptable.

The transport was about 700 miles and it went smoothly. The transporter had a slight bobble picking the car up. He was running just a little bit late and got to the pick-up point where the man was ready to close his car lot. But the man was understanding at the car lot and stayed another 15 minutes so he could load the car and come on with it. On my end, it was great. The driver was a day earlier than I expected and he said he would be delivering the car within the hour. He was a super nice guy. The guy who delivered them is a car guy and he made sure that the car was unharmed and well protected. He brought the car right here to my garage. Montway was well worth the money I spent. I got a big car hauler trailer but If I hooked it up and drove that far and picked up the car overnight and drove back, it would take two and a half days and it would’ve been an even sum in my cost of fuel and my time. Montway is a company that you can trust and afford.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the review, James! Not everyone ships a car every day, so we go the extra mile to ensure all information is correct so that there are no issues during transport. We'll be sure to let the driver know about your feedback as well. It's important to us that we work with professionals who care about what they do. Have a great day, we look forward to the next shipment.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

I used Montway last year, and I used them again this year. I was very pleased both times. I was moving one of my personal vehicles 1,900 miles back to my home state and I ended up going with back with them. They were nice and they gave me a discount. They came back with a price that beat everybody else. One company initially started really low and that was crazy. I was on a broker board and all the drivers were coming back with $1,600 to $1,800 quotes. Montway was on the money. I work in one state and I live in another. If I have to transport another vehicle again, I'm not even gonna put myself through that process of getting a quote. I'll just call Montway back.

When the driver called me initially, we discussed the time frame, and then he called me back a second time to narrow it down. When he was on the way, he let me know that he was within 15 minutes of my location. Everything was perfect. He was also professional when he picked up the car. On the delivery part, he was running behind, so I reached out and got some feedback. Everything was on time, though, so that was good. The vehicle itself was not in any kind of damage as well.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the review, Sharon. We use the latest technology and data to provide the most competitive and accurate quote on the market. We're happy we could help and we look forward to the next shipment!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

Montway Auto was excellent. I needed to get my car from Minnesota to Arizona and from pickup to drop off, it took four days. When the car arrived, it was good.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for the review, Karen! Glad we could get help get your car to AZ safe and sound. Hope you consider us for future car shipments.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

I live in Raleigh, North Carolina and my dad gifted me a Ram truck from Alabama. I searched for quotes, and then I got all these high prices, but there was one website where I could just put the job and let some companies bid on it. Montway Auto gave me the lowest price and then they gave me a cash discount. It was a good deal. I went with them and they beat expectations with the time frame. I called them a couple of times and did the chat function as well. They're responsive. I would recommend them. I would rent them again.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for the review, Carey. We use the latest technology and data to determine the most competitive prices in the market. Glad we could exceed expectations and we look forward to servicing you again in the future.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

I had to have a car I bought transported at least 1,200 miles to my house. I looked at a few companies and Montway had good ratings. Everything they said, they delivered on. The driver was fine as well. I've transported a lot of cars and these guys were as good as any I’ve used. They did everything really well. I'd recommend them.

Montway Auto Transport response

We appreciate the recommendation, Steve. We strive to provide the best service possible. We hope you consider us for future car shipping!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

I was already living in Alabama for a month and I finally decided to live here. I went to Seattle, grabbed everything, and moved them. I looked at Montway and three other transport companies. In the end, I chose Montway to move my car to Alabama because I preferred the enclosed capture. I went on to their website and filled in what I needed to fill in. I didn't have to worry about anything. Their customer service was even better than I anticipated.

I was told that the delivery was going to be a day later. But they delivered my car a day earlier than I anticipated so that was pretty sweet and was even better. I could not have been any happier with how they delivered my car. The price I got was very accurate and right on point. The driver was great. When I was waiting for my car, there was a mother and son situation and they were really sweet about everything. I was very pleased with the whole situation.

Compared to the cost of moving from Seattle to Alabama, the cost with Montway was reasonable. I was not too taken aback by that because I had to upfront pay everything then my company would pay me back. That was quite easy. I had already moved from California to Seattle and I understood the basis of things. I had a really good experience. It was seamless. It seems as though Montway was a family company and I really like them very much. They were very honest and they took pictures. That was very respectful and I felt very safe about that. They made sure everything was fine. We move all the time for work. I would be more than happy to tell others about Montway. I travel often. The one thing I don't want is to have issues. When you have something that seamless, that is amazing.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the excellent review, Hela. It's important to us that we provide the best service possible, so we're happy to hear things went well. We're here for you if you need to move again in the future!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2020

I bought a car in Texas. I needed it transported from Houston to Macon. I have a friend who has a trucking business and he referred Montway. I called first and somebody explained the whole process to me, and then there was an email confirmation. My only thing is that it took a while to be clear about when they were gonna pick up. Because I couldn't get an answer on that, I almost canceled it. Then, the driver caught my eye, to say that he was gonna be there that day and so that turned out well.

The time in communicating when it will be picked up could have been better. But they picked it up really quickly. I've made the reservation one day, I called them one day and they picked it up the next day. In terms of the time frame, it was better. Then from that point, it got picked up, it took two days to get here. The driver communicated along the way. The driver didn't speak a lot of English, but it didn't matter. He got here, it was unharmed. I paid him his cash. He was friendly and he got it off. Ultimately, I was very pleased.

They were also the lowest vendor. It was $650. Somebody else had quoted me 500. But given the timeliness, how quickly I got the vehicle, I didn't mind that they weren't the cheapest and the fact that it got here and I didn't have any damage problems. Clearly, the driver made a very good time, through a hurricane at that, cause I was really worried that it was gonna end up damaged because it was an open carry, and then the weather got bad. I would definitely use Montway again. They were professional.

Montway Auto Transport response

Happy we could help with your shipment, Stephanie. Thank you for the review and feedback. We'll make sure to audit the communication regarding load dates. It's important to us that we provide clear and concise communication at all times. If there is anything else we can assist with please let us know.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2020

I bought a Smart Fortwo in Downers Grove, Illinois and I had it transported to Daytona Beach, Florida. I looked at many companies and I could tell that Montway Auto was a large company. They had good reviews. I had good customer service as well. My questions got answered. The quote was good and then the delivery went like clockwork. Not only did Manny tell me the exact day, but he was also very precise on the time that he would be meeting me. He was exactly on time and he was waiting for me when I pulled in.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for choosing Montway! We're happy to help with your car shipping needs at any time.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2020

I found Montway by googling transporters. I chose them because I looked at the reviews and they were very positive. It was the cheapest that I found as well. I was coming from New York to Texas and when they came to get my car, it came quicker than I expected it to. The driver was very friendly throughout the whole process and he communicated with me. Whenever I texted or called, he called back. The last time we spoke before he arrived, he said, “I'll be there in four to five hours.” He was there and he unloaded the car. My whole family was surprised. I would definitely recommend them again.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the review, Lorena. We strive to provide the best service possible! We'll be sure to let the driver know they did an excellent job. Looking forward to assisting you again in the future.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 3 stars
    Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

Montway Auto Transport was not the cheapest. They originally told me that they could pick the car up but it was not gonna happen till the weekend. I then fussed a little ‘cause they already told me that they were gonna do it. If not, I wouldn't have paid up for the service. Then I was getting ready to cancel them and all of a sudden they ended up finding someone who would take the pickup and deliver it up to my home up in New York State. The driver that they contracted was excellent. He was the better part of the experience. They delivered the car on when they said.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your feedback, Patricia. When booking an order with Montway, we advise all customers that we estimate one to several business days from their first available pickup date to load the vehicle. This is due to the inconsistencies of our niche industry. The same truck may not always go the same route every week, and route availability can change dramatically due to weather, seasonal demands, industry events, and more. Because of this, we may not be able to complete dispatch until much closer to the pickup date, sometimes even the day of. We're happy to see that our team was able to meet your requested timelines. We'll make sure to audit your order to improve our services. We hope you consider us for future car shipment needs.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

Montway Auto transported my car from Texas to Oregon, which took five days. The driver called me when he arrived, and I picked it up.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for choosing Montway, Jacquelyn. Hope you consider us for your next car shipment!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

I used Montway to have my wife’s car shipped out. Their price quote was spot on. The driver was friendly. I talked to him. We put the car in and he left. Everything with Montway was smooth and efficient. The car was delivered sooner than expected and so that concerned me a little bit because once the car is delivered, there's a countdown of how many days you have where the car will be stored for free. If it's stored longer than 20 days, then the consumer has to pay. When I landed in Hawaii, I was told I couldn't leave my hotel room for two weeks because of the quarantine. I thought that I was going to incur an additional expense. I did the math on it, and based on the number of days, there was definitely gonna be a charge. That initially made me pretty unhappy because things were out of my control. But when I went to pick up the vehicle, there was no charge. Overall, Montway was fast, efficient, kept to their word, and the price was reasonable.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for the review, William. Glad we could help with your Hawaii shipment. We do our best to provide the most professional service we can. We hope you consider us for future shipping needs!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

Everything went well and I was very happy with the service from Montway Auto Transport. The pickup and the delivery went flawlessly. I had done the shipping of cars in the past with other companies and there were glitches here and there. But with Montway, the guy that picked up my car was very friendly and very professional. I told him to take care of my car and he was really nice about it. He made me feel comfortable about picking up my car. My car was delivered to the destination a day or two earlier than I expected. It went smoothly. There was no damage to my car. At the delivery, my daughter and my ex-husband said that the guy was really nice.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, Victoria. Happy to deliver flawless service! We strive to work with the most professional truck drivers out there. So we'll be sure to let them know they did great. Have a good one!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

Montway offered a good price for a good service that was reasonable. The quotes were very comparable. They weren't the highest and they weren't the lowest, but the interaction I had with the staff that I spoke with is what sealed the deal. They were respectful in their communications with me and timely. I spoke with a couple of gentlemen and they were very polite and helpful with what they could offer, any extra benefits they had available. As in, we wanted to know if we could put in more than 100 pounds in the trunk and if that was an additional cost, and that was explained very nicely about what we could also ship with the vehicle in the trunk.

When I spoke to the person that gave me the lowest quote, they bumped up their next quote to me to a different price, and then when I called them back the next day about it, they had a completely different price. But Montway's quote never swayed. It was, “This is our quote to you to go from x to y. This is what we'll provide.” They were very good about it.

We were expecting it to be two and a half days of driving. The driver contacted me each night. It was before he logged off for the day, where he just contacted whoever the owners of those vehicles he was driving for. He let me know where he was at, and then he contacted me again when he was about an hour away, just because I was a little nervous about if I needed to leave work to come to meet him. Then, he let me know when he arrived. So, I got three different notifications. Then, he was appropriately using all of his PPE for COVID, so that was excellent. There wasn't any unexpected damage to the car upon arrival. Montway has done a very good job for me. It was an excellent cost for the quality and I would use them again.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the review, Janelle. Clear communication is very important to us. So we're happy to hear that our team was able to provide this in a professional manner. We're also super happy to hear that the driver did a great job in their communication and service as well. We'll be sure to let them know about your feedback. We look forward to the next shipment!

Montway Auto Transport Company Information