Find the Best Car Transporters in Austin, TX
Top 12 Austin Car Shipping Companies
|eShip||Read 2,671 Reviews|
Offers expedited and enclosed options. Door-to-door delivery. No upfront deposit. Ships cars, motorcycles and boats. Platinum Protection Plan helps cover damage. Provides personal agent, vehicle tracking and free instant quotes.
|Get a Quote Call Now Toll Free (561) 409-5116|
|Sherpa Auto Transport||Read 883 Reviews|
Offers door-to-door auto transport. Gives free quotes online. Price Lock Promise means your quote won’t change. Clean Car Guarantee gives you a free car wash after delivery.
|Get a Quote Call Now Toll Free (855) 261-9322|
|AmeriFreight||Read 2,470 Reviews|
Offers door-to-door transport. Requires no upfront payment. Ships cars, boats and motorcycles. Cost to ship sedan in open carrier ranges from $495 to $1,300. Gives discounts for seniors, students and emergency/protection services.
|Get a Quote Call Now Toll Free (770) 486-1010|
Ships cars, boats and motorcycles door to door. Handles domestic and international shipping. Average 200-mile cost is $584. Average 1,000-mile cost is $780. Provides cargo insurance. Choose from competing rates.
|Get a Quote|
|All American Auto Shipping||Read Author Review|
Provides international and domestic transports for cars, motorcycles, boats, cargo, trucks, machinery and more. Offers vehicle shipment in open and enclosed carriers.
|Austin Car Transport||Read Author Review|
Offers open and enclosed car transportation, expedited car shipping and door-to-door auto transport. Delivers exotic vehicles, SUVs, boats, motorcycle or buses to all 50 states.
|Budget Auto Transport Austin||Read Author Review|
Completes vehicle shipping across America. Delivers all-inclusive quotes and on-time pickups and deliveries. Offers extended business hours to answer customer questions.
|Car Transport Austin||Read Author Review|
Offers open and enclosed vehicle transports, door-to-door shipping and expedited auto transport. Ships anywhere in the U.S. from Austin. Delivers commercial and consumer vehicles.
|Harbor Transport||Read Author Review|
Offers open and enclosed car carriers and transportation for cars, motorcycles, trucks and boats. Provides local, domestic and international shipping. Handles all the logistics of international shipping.
|Reliable Car Shipping||Read Author Review|
Delivers vehicles nationwide. Provides free online quotes and accepts credit card payments. Allows customers to call for ETA updates. Gives shipping tips on their website.
|Southern Auto Transport||Read Author Review|
Provides auto transport services across the U.S. and Canada for cars, trucks, vans and motorcycles. Flexible pickup and delivery options available, including door-to-door and terminal-to-terminal.
|Texas Auto Transport||Read Author Review|
Ships every type of vehicle, including trucks, large SUVs and motorcycles. Allows customers to track vehicle shipment with GPS tracking devices and an online customer portal.
Many people are moving to Austin, Texas, because of the low cost of living and beautiful scenery in areas like Zilker Metropolitan Park and McKinney Falls State Park. The University of Texas, considered one of the best college values in the U.S., is also a jewel of the town and has 50,000 students.
If you’re moving to Austin, make your move easier by shipping your car directly to your new residence. By shipping your vehicle, you save time and prevent wear and tear on one of the most expensive items you own.
Choosing an Austin auto transport company
Most auto transporters in Austin, TX, are brokers, which means they partner with a network of carriers that do the actual car shipping. Whether they're brokers or carriers, all legitimate auto shipping companies must have an MC docket number. Companies that perform the shipping must also have a USDOT number and should be able to provide proof of insurance.
To find the right company for their needs, Austin residents must decide how they want their car transported. Companies offer open and enclosed carriers, door-to-door shipping, terminal-to-terminal service, additional insurance and more. Those shipping vehicles with special requirements, such as luxury vehicles, classic cars, boats or aircraft, should also seek out companies that specialize in that service.
When making a final decision, read online reviews of Austin car transport companies and ask for referrals from friends and family. These recommendations help determine how reputable a company is and how responsive it is if unforeseen circumstances arise.
Austin car shipping cost
Having an Austin car transport company ship your car to and from Texas typically costs between $550 and $1,200. Our chart below lists the average rates for transporting an operable, mid-sized SUV in an open carrier to and from Austin with the move booked 45 days in advance.
Average car transport prices to and from Austin
Many factors impact the ultimate price of shipping your car with an Austin car shipping company. For example, it's best to ship high-value vehicles like classic and luxury cars in enclosed carriers, but this increases the transport costs by as much as 80%. Pickups and dropoffs in nearby rural towns like Marble Falls and Liberty Hill are also costlier because of increased transit time.
Summer is peak moving season, and the increased demand leads to higher prices. Some companies offer discounts to Austin residents who belong to organizations such as AAA or AARP, and many businesses provide discounts to active-duty military personnel relocating to military installations such as Camp Mabry.
Austin auto transport FAQ
- What kind of vehicles can be shipped from Austin?
- Almost any type of vehicle can be shipped from Austin, including luxury, exotic and classic cars. Trucks, boats and motorcycles can be shipped as well.
- Do I have to be present for pickup/delivery?
- You or someone you trust must be present to hand over the keys during pickup and to sign off on the bill of lading after delivery.
- How much does it cost to ship a car from Austin?
- Average auto shipping rates are between $550 and $1,200, though how much you ultimately pay depends on what kind of vehicle you have, the distance and the urgency.
- Do you need insurance to ship a car from Austin?
- Auto transport companies in Texas are required to have liability insurance at no extra cost to you. If the liability limit is less than your car's value, you can purchase additional protection.
- What do I need to do before my car is shipped from Austin?
- The most important thing to do is take multiple pictures and closeups of your vehicle before and after it ships to have proof of any cosmetic damages that might occur during transport. Other to-dos include running down your gas to a quarter tank, disabling alarms, folding back mirrors and clearing out your personal belongings, toll tags and parking passes.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Austin car transport company information
Texas Auto Transport is a local vehicle shipping company that provides real-time GPS tracking and nationwide service. Its fleet of late-model trucks is regularly maintained to bring you reliable car transportation. Texas Auto Transport never raises or changes its quotes with surprise fees.
- Address: 9310 U.S. Route 183, Austin, TX 78747
- Phone: (512) 444-2886
- Hours: Call for hours
- Website: texasautotransport.com
Car Transport Austin provides top customer service and works around your schedule for auto pickup and delivery. In some instances, the company can pick up your vehicle the same day. Car Transport Austin offers customers the option for open or enclosed vehicle transport and door-to-door delivery. Be sure to inquire about its special discounts and current deals.
- Address: 1704 San Antonio St., Austin, TX 78701
- Phone: (512) 298-1988
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 7pm; Sat: 11am - 2pm
- Website: cartransportaustin.com
Reliable Car shipping has a complete team of experts — including dispatchers, logistics coordinators and customer support specialists — to make sure your auto transport is a smooth process. The company encourages you to call as often as you want during regular business hours for shipping status and ETA updates.
- Address: 13359 U.S. Route 183, Ste. 406, Austin, TX 78750
- Phone: (512) 686-3836
- Hours: M - Sun: 7am - 7pm
- Website: reliablecarshipping.net
Southern Auto Transport is well-acquainted with Canadian snowbirds and has everything Canadian and American clients need to know on its website. The fully licensed and insured company is accustomed to delivering vehicles to tough locations. It offers a variety of delivery options and flexible pickup locations.
- Address: 1700 E. Second St., Ste. 6, Austin, TX 78702
- Phone: (512) 240-6228
- Hours: M - Sun: 8am - 9pm
- Website: southernautotransport.com
As a fully insured and bonded carrier, Austin Car Transport is well-qualified to ship your car. The company is experienced in transporting luxury, classic antique and exotic vehicles. It also moves traditional cars, boats, buses and more. Its friendly agents are always available to answer your questions.
- Address: 3624 Silver Dollar Circle, Austin, TX 78744
- Phone: (737) 218-6465
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 7pm; Sat: 11am - 2pm
- Website: austincartransport.com
Budget Auto Transport is a no-nonsense business that provides you with direct answers to your questions and never charges hidden fees. Its all-inclusive quotes prevent you from being surprised by a final bill that's higher than expected. The company ships cars all over the U.S.
- Address: 3405 Guadalupe St., Austin, TX 78705
- Phone: (512) 640-0550
- Hours: M - F: 6am - 10pm; Sat: 6am - 9pm
- Website: budgetautotransports.com
All American Auto Shipping has climate-controlled, enclosed transports that ensure your classic, luxury or restored vehicle arrives in pristine condition. The company also has open-carrier transport for budget-minded customers. Its customer service department is open 24/7.
- Address: 4812 Transit Circle, Austin, TX 78727
- Phone: (866) 315-1170
- Hours: M - Sun: 7am - 7pm
- Website: allamericanautoshipping.com
No job is too big or small and no city or state is out of reach for Harbor Transport. The full-service auto shipping company has everything needed to complete remote pickups or deliver to busy city centers. If you need international shipping, the company’s friendly customer support team takes care of all the necessary permits, documentation and customs validation.
- Address: 809 Winflo Drive, Ste. 106D, Austin, TX 78703
- Phone: (866) 628-4500
- Hours: M - Sun: 7am - 10pm
- Website: harborautotransportation.com