Call toll free
4.78/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Sherpa Auto Transport is an auto transportation provider that focuses on providing door-to-door service, professional courtesy, accurate pricing based on real-time data, and top-notch customer service. Sherpa is passionate about giving you a smooth and stress-free transport experience, treating your car as if it is our own. Contact Sherpa Auto Transport now to get a free and fair full-service auto transport quote.

316 Sherpa Auto Transport Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

From the beginning to the end, Sherpa Auto Transport has been amazing! They truly went above and beyond for our family. At first, I was incorrectly quoted a price, but they quickly corrected it and decided to give me an even better deal for the mixup so that I could stay within the amount I had originally budgeted for this move. The car was delivered within 4 days! (with zero damage, of course) They even called to make sure everything went smoothly. I will be using this company again!

Get expert buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I needed to have a personal car, a 2000 Honda, delivered out to the West Coast over a distance of 2,400 miles from coast to coast. I looked at eight transport companies before selecting Sherpa Auto Transport and I went with them due to their online reviews. One of the reviews that I read was from ConsumerAffairs. The representative of Sherpa was really good. My interaction with him was very simple and he explained all the details very well. I told him what I needed and the price range and dates that I was looking for.

The quote I got from Sherpa was reasonable. It came within the average of the other companies I sought out and the final cost was right on. The driver was accurate on the time. He came and picked the vehicle up and dropped it off as scheduled. Photos of the car were taken before it left, then these were examined to match against the photos when it arrived. Afterwards, someone reached out to me to ask if everything went okay and I responded in the affirmative. I am very satisfied with my experience with Sherpa.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

First time relocating for work and Sherpa made the experience less stressful. Super easy to schedule and connected me with a great driver. Price was consistent with other providers but the customer service was incredible.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I looked into three transport companies before finally going with Sherpa. The others didn't call me back. They don't have a phone number that is valid and have no office. They're a bunch of crazy people. But the rep of Sherpa answered the phone on the first try. He responded and came back with a quote and a valid date. He did everything that he was supposed to do and was extremely confident. Their paperwork was also exactly what he said on the phone. It was unbelievably a good experience.

Their quote was a bit more than we had paid in the past. But it was more in season so we took that into consideration. In the end the price was exactly what they quoted. The delivery driver called me and I met them on the side of the road. Transporting a car is a very unstable process normally. To me, they're brokers and they place it with drivers. But I have absolutely no complaints with Sherpa. They also did a follow-up phone call to make sure everything went well.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Sherpa contacted me promptly when they found a Shipper for my car and the shipper was at my door within 5 minutes of the stated pickup time. He was courteous, professional and speedy! The shipping team was leaving CT that evening to get ahead of the approaching snow storm. Twenty fours later the car was delivered to Arkansas as promised. Sherpa guided me through the whole process with ease and confidence in their service. After the delivery, Sherpa guided me to obtain the delivery confirmation from the shipper to complete the transaction so that I could apply for the rebate. I would recommend Sherpa to family and friends!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sherpa Auto Transport?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I had high hopes for this company after reading all of their good reviews online, unfortunately that was not my experience with them. After setting up a date with them to pick up my car, my info somehow fell through the cracks (as they put it) and my car was never picked up or was I contacted. I had to leave with my family for the East coast with my car still on the West coast!!! When I finally reached someone at Sherpa they apologized profusely, but couldn’t get my car scheduled to be picked up until almost a week later! There was no financial compensation on their part either! I definitely would not recommend this company! :(

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Galia, thank you for taking the time to write a review. While we are disappointed that we did not live up to your expectations, we value your feedback as it is a crucial part in helping us continue to improve. We have already made important process improvements to prevent your situation from happening to future customers. As you can tell from reading our reviews, we care passionately about our customers and their transports and work very hard to get it right.

We accept full responsibility for your car not being shipped in accordance with your timeline. As soon as we realized our mistake, we immediately applied our entire broker fee plus additional funds to subsidize your transport by over $400. These funds were used as a further incentive to induce a driver to transport your vehicle immediately. We were successful and fortunately we quickly found a qualified driver.

We have attempted to contact to you several times by phone and email to discuss financial compensation beyond the $405 subsidy that we already paid to have your car moved, but unfortunately, we have not yet been successful. Please reach out so we can make this right.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I talked to a lot of transport companies and everyone that refused to ship the vehicle that I bought in Pennsylvania was terrible. When I finally talked to Sherpa, the lady was very honest and told me upfront that it would cost a little bit more, but she explained the process. They were also the only company that had good reviews. It was a little bit more expensive than I had planned on paying, but I was very happy with the experience. And everybody I talked to was all very nice and polite.

During the process, I hadn’t closed the deal for the vehicle yet. But Sherpa was ready to go and I had to hold them back two or three times from shipping the car to Louisiana where I live. They worked with that and they were very cordial and gracious. They were on top of their game and as soon as I gave them the go, they went ahead. They picked the vehicle up on Friday evening, and they told me it will arrive on Tuesday or Wednesday. They drove it over the weekend and I actually got it on Monday. It’s a 20-something-hour drive and I couldn’t ask for a better experience. I would highly want everybody to find Sherpa and go with them versus some of the ones that are not getting good feedback.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I have a Toyota Yaris, which is a very small, light car that's not very great for highway driving, and I didn’t wanna drive it long distance from Chicago to Washington, D.C., so I needed a transport service. I did my own personal search of transport companies and I followed up on the leads that my sister sent me. But I went to ConsumerAffairs and I prioritized those brokers. Sherpa is on the second spot on ConsumerAffairs, so I felt pretty good about that. I also looked at the Better Business Bureau.

Communication was very easy with Sherpa and I liked how they communicated. They gave me a very good price too. I received lower quotes from other companies, but I didn’t have as much confidence in them. I would rather pay more and feel better than pay less and be nervous. I was already nervous because it was a lot of money and it’s my car, and I didn’t know how things were gonna go. Sherpa said that I would get $50 if I sent in certain documentation which I already did. They told me it would take a couple of weeks for me to receive the rebate check. So I’m still in that waiting period. But even if I don’t receive the rebate check, their quote was comparable to another company that I was seriously considering.

Sherpa contracted with the driver for the pickup, but I was hoping to have time to really look into that person. But everything happened so quickly. At that point, I just had to trust what Sherpa was telling me that they very carefully vet their drivers. It was a bit of a leap of faith, but because I’ve looked into Sherpa, I just hoped they did what they said. The pick up was a very easy process. The driver communicated very well with me and he let me know when he was 20 minutes away. He showed up and he was very courteous and nice. I was still in another city during the delivery but my family was here to get the car. They said the driver was similarly communicative. They knew when he was an hour away, so they were ready for him.

I’m perfectly happy with Sherpa. It’s an expensive service moving just one car. But on the other hand, my sister and my niece drove the car from Georgia to Chicago for me, and they had an overnight stay somewhere because they didn’t wanna make that drive in one day. By the time they added in the costs for the gas and the overnight stay, the total turned out to be more expensive than the transport service to have somebody drive it back. So, Sherpa was actually less expensive for me than to have family members do it.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Sherpa did a great job picking up our car and delivering it to us the next day. We were surprised how quickly we got the car. We had no worries or concerns. The car arrived in perfect condition. The driver was very nice and drove through a lot of bad weather.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Car was shipped without any problems to the car. Dave, the driver did an excellent job and was very careful. He ran into some bad winter weather and had a breakdown with his truck. Even with that, he managed to get to us in a timely manner. Good job through and through.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Sherpa Auto Transport was affordable, reliable and I would definitely recommend them to anyone needing to have their vehicle shipped. The entire process from start to finish was smooth and easy. From the customer service reps to the drivers I felt totally safe and comfortable with the entire experience.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

After doing some research on the internet and speaking with a few people at Sherpa, I was more than impressed with their professionalism than others. My impression of their reps was excellent. The transportation company they booked was just good to fair though. The overall process could be improved, but I understand from a business perspective how difficult it is to broker a spot price. Sherpa was very good on price though. The initial quote was exactly what I paid. In fact, I believe that Sherpa absorbed the additional 50 bucks when the price changed from the transportation company. We go back and forth between Florida and Pennsylvania and plan to use Sherpa again. I would recommend them to someone who has the proper expectations and knows the business model they’re getting into.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

George, thank you for choosing Sherpa Auto Transport. We strive to always provide the best experience for every customer we are privileged to work with. Unlike others in the industry, we stand behind our pricing and prefer to subsidize your move with our own money rather than asking you to pay more than we quoted you. We don’t just want to ship your vehicle - we are committed to ensuring that your experience is a positive one and are willing to put our money where our mouths are as proof. We look forward to working with you when you’re ready to ship your car back to Pennsylvania!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Sherpa did a great job for us! We were absolute newcomers to shipping a car, and found the phone representatives to be informative, helpful, thorough and good with follow up. While working to locate a driver for the vehicle, Sherpa communicated with us daily. Our driver, who was courteous and careful with our car, arrived promptly and delivered the car to its new home in Seattle promptly. This was an easy transaction, which we really appreciated. We thought the shipping price was fair, especially considering what it would have cost us to drive the vehicle, stay overnight, fly home, etc. Thanks for a good job!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I inherited a car, so I needed to send it from Arizona to Pittsburgh. I looked at 2 other companies and Sherpa didn't have the lowest rate, but it seemed like they were better organized and they've got reviews. They also said they would line up a driver as soon as possible, whereas other companies, it was more like the week before or something. So, it was gonna be around Thanksgiving and I just didn’t want to work around with that. Sherpa was awesome. They didn't change the rate or hold back on giving me an estimate before they found a driver, whereas other places won't give you an estimate until they find a driver. They’re more streamlined so I know that I probably paid them a little more than I would have otherwise.

I heard from them the day before the delivery. I got an email that they had picked up the car. They talked to my dad about the pickup because I wasn't gonna be there. However, although I didn't mean to be rude, I have a policy where I don't answer calls from people from numbers I don't recognize. But that number was from Cleveland, and I knew they were taking the car to Cleveland first because that is where the transport company is headquartered. I answered his call, and I missed him, and then he sent me a text that just said, “Call me back,” but he didn't say who he was even though I was pretty sure who he was. And then he called me back right away. If I have any feedback, it would be like when you talk to them, maybe their manners can be better. I kind of understand so it's okay. But if that had happened to my dad, that would probably wouldn't have been good.

Also I wish they were cheaper. I have to do this rebate. I hate rebate. It's like hassle. They know that I got the car. I’m thinking it would be awesome if they would just do it, so I didn’t have to file paperwork. Like when they coordinate the price, they did mention the rebate of $50. And then, when I got, like after I got on the phone with them and then made all the arrangements then I find out that it’s a $50 that I can get rebated. So, it would have been better if they just knocked the $50 off, which is what they quoted me originally. But it was in a phone call, so I have no proof that the estimate I was emailed had that extra 50 in it. Nevertheless, the shipping process was really simple and a lot faster than I thought it would be. The car arrived fine, and there was no damage. Everyone I dealt with was nice.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Hi, Lauren. Thank you for taking the time to leave this thoughtful review. We’re committed to ensuring our customers have a positive experience which is why we proudly offer our rebate program. The Bill of Lading is a crucial component to the auto transport process and it is vital that as a customer you receive one upon pickup and delivery. The rebate serves not only as a way to improve your experience as a customer, but also as an opportunity to remind customers of the importance of collecting the Bill of Lading. Furthermore, mailing in your Bill of Lading, a requirement to get the rebate, allows us to evaluate the carrier and determine whether or not to continue to keep them on our preferred network of drivers. We are committed to only working with the best in the industry and having the Bill of Lading in hand to evaluate is a pivotal part of our continued improvement. Thank you for your patience and understanding. We look forward to working with you again in the future.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I relocated out of state and looked up about 30 different transport companies. Sherpa had the best quote out of all of the quotes. Everything went off without a hitch and everybody was really professional. The reps told me exactly what to expect, what time the car was gonna be there, and exactly what to expect. It was seamless. The final cost of the service was a lot lower. My original quote was around 1,195, but they came in around 850. The transport took about five days from beginning to end and they really worked with my schedule because I wanted the vehicle in as soon as possible. Winter has hit and it was coming to Illinois. I wanted it before the snowfall and I got it. The vehicle was exactly as I left it, which was a great sigh of relief.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

K, it means a lot to us that after your thorough research on all the available options in the marketplace you chose to work with Sherpa Auto Transport. We do not take your trust for granted and promise to treat every care we are privileged to transport with the utmost care. As our name implies, we promise to guide you through the process every step of the way - making your auto transport experience as easy and stress-free as possible. We love hearing we accomplished this while helping you!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I needed a car transferred from the east coast to the west coast. I looked at four transport companies and chose to go with Sherpa due to the reviews and the information they provided on their website. The Sherpa reps were very nice and answered all my questions. The driver told me I could’ve put stuff in my car, and Sherpa said I couldn’t. But other than that, everything was terrific and their price was fine.

When we were going for a quote, I wanted to meet them in a parking lot of a grocery store that was literally three miles away, but that would have cost me more money because it was a different zip code. So instead of driving three miles to meet them in a parking lot that was empty, I went nine miles to go to a grocery store parking lot. It was weird. I don’t know what services they used to figure out their pricing. Because my zip code is a Phoenixville zip code when I actually live in Valley Forge, it was a little confusing. I’m sure there are other areas in the country where people live in a town but their mail is delivered from another town. I wish they had a map they could have looked at where I was versus where they wanted to pick the car up. That was my only issue. Other than that, the experience with Sherpa went very smoothly

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

We moved from New York to Nevada and we shipped two family cars. I looked at four other transport companies, but I used Serpa Auto Transport for the customer service that I received over the telephone and how quickly I downloaded the contract. I was given enough time to look them over before I had to sign. They gave me a quote that was good for 90 days which I appreciated because at the time we didn’t have a closing date on our home. Their liability insurance and what it covered on top of my car insurance that was very thorough in taking pictures and documenting the car when taking it and did the same on the receiving end. We knew it cost a lot of money and it averaged about $1,500 a car, but the cars went 3,000 miles, so, compared to other companies that were a couple of hundred dollars less, their insurance and their pickup and delivery were not as precise as Sherpa was.

The two gentlemen that I spoke to were very helpful, nice, and professional. I initially set up with Ty and he took all of my information. The reps lived up to what they said and they didn’t charge my car until the cars arrived, with my deposit. They were also on time picking the cars up. John, one of the supervisors out in Nevada, followed my cars all the way across the country and tracked them from stop to stop. He set up to meet us at the storage facility, so we were able to drop our cars off right at the storage facility and not to have them dropped off at a third location and then drive them to where we had to leave them until we moved out there. It was a pleasurable experience from beginning to end. My cars arrived in one piece, and I was very happy about that.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I got a new car, and I wanted to send the old car, an 11-year-old Volkswagen Passat which had only 39,000 miles on it, to my son in New York. I looked at three or four different transport companies and Sherpa had the best reviews, so I went with them. Sherpa emailed me and called me, and I was impressed with how quickly they got back to me. Also, they seemed to understand what I was going for. Although I didn’t wanna spend a fortune, I also was not looking to go with cheap and have it affect the car. I told them when I wanted to ship it, and they asked me if I could move up the original date that I chose for a day or two, and I said I could. They asked me if I would be willing to wait a couple of days and I said I would, too.

However, I didn’t hear from them afterwards, so I called them and asked what the situation was. They said they were going to get back to me as they were just in the process of looking for a driver, and that they should have a driver within 24 hours. When they found a driver, they got back to me and told me they would ship the car within a day or two, which was exactly the time frame that they had offered. I had said I would be willing to go on an open transport, but they couldn't get one, so they sent a closed one. Then they called me and said they were gonna foot the price difference.

The driver came right to the door when he picked up the car and he spoke with us. He was wonderful and he was good. He had a huge tandem truck with him that took up half the street. He got the car, examined it and took pictures. I also took pictures. Two days later, they brought the car to my son right to his door. My son observed that it was in perfect shape and then gave the driver the cash. I had given Sherpa a check originally, and they gave the driver the cash that was due to him. The final cost of the service was exactly what Sherpa told me it would be. I had to give them $275, which I did, and my son had to give them $400. We were supposed to get a $50 gift certificate back, but my son never filled it out. He was entitled to it only if he sent them the bill. Later on, Sherpa sent me a follow-up email asking me what I thought of their service. I thought it was excellent.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

We were transporting a car 1,100 miles and I wanted a 5-star company. I looked into 3 companies and I felt Sherpa's customer service was excellent. They were easy to talk to on the phone from the get-go. They were straightforward, clear and easy to understand when I asked so many questions about anything. Plus, they gave me a fair quote. I like also the fact that the ratings for their drivers were of a higher standard than what was recommended for the industry. The pickup and delivery were great. The driver was excellent and did a great job. They had gotten the car here on time just like they said. I was 100% happy with the whole experience and I would use Sherpa again.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Valerie, it was our pleasure to help you relocate your vehicle. Here at Sherpa, we pride ourselves on our excellent customer service, which you experienced first hand when we worked together. We make this happen by offering fair, market-based pricing and maintaining strict vetting standards when choosing which carriers to work with. We look forward to providing you with another stress-free experience when we work together again in the future!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Thank you Sherpa for making this process so easy. From start to finish the communication was open and transparent. Car was delivered as promised. I would definitely recommend you to anyone transpiring a vehicle cross country.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Thank you, Kathleen! From the first time we speak to our post-delivery follow-up call, we promise to be courteous, communicative and professional. You, and the other customers we are fortunate enough to help, experience this first hand when we work together to ship your car. We treat each car as if it were our own. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We look forward to working together in the future!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I needed to relocate a vehicle and decided to go with Sherpa Auto Transport. Their reps were excellent and the quote that they gave me was appropriate. I had to slow the delivery down a day though so that I would be there to receive the vehicle and the driver communicated well and all my expectations were met.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I was moving my vehicle from Florida to Arizona and Sherpa came in with the lower price although it was a different time of the year. The representative certainly wanted to work with me too. He tried to work with my budget and used some good sales strategies to get me to buy. Then when I said I needed to think about it, they’ve got a really great CRM solution which pings you with an email every single day that says, “Here’s why you wanna move your car now.” So when you’re in their system, you get a lot marketing communication. But that could be both a good and a bad thing. It might be a bit excessive but the gentleman I spoke with was very pleasant.

The only challenge I have right now is getting my refund. There are two things that you get after the fact. One is you get a free car wash so you send in your car wash receipt and they credit you 20 bucks for that. I did get my 20 bucks back I also emailed my bill of lading and I haven’t heard back from that yet. That’s for 75 bucks. Also, the fact that I have to run to the post office, get my bill of lading, make a copy then mail it to them is super old school. I don’t know why they do it this way. I’d rather email it in or go to a website and upload my stuff then I can check my status right online. That aside, Sherpa is a great company. They did a great job and I would certainly use them again.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

We bought a car online. It was in Chicago and we live in Nashville. We searched online for somebody who can transport it, and we settled with Sherpa because of their price. In the beginning, I asked them a lot of questions about how things work, and they sent me a quote. I then called them back and they answered all of my questions. It was great service overall. The quote that was given to us ended up being very accurate.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

I purchased a Cadillac classic car from Las Vegas and I transported it to Solvang, CA using Sherpa Auto Transport. They have an awesome customer service and awesome follow through. It was a terrific experience for me. They went way above and beyond anything I expected. Pat was available to me through the weekend and he helped me get the car here just in time for a quick delivery which I needed desperately. In addition, Sherpa were competitive in their pricing. I also liked the policies that they had, and the reviews that they had. So ultimately, I felt like I was getting a dependable company at a competitive price. The quote they provided was fair and the final cost ended up costing me what I was expecting.

The car company that they contacted with was really great. Cooks Car Carrier called me the night before to let me know that they were on track for the delivery and arranged a very specific time. And then they called me right before they arrived and I met them. They walked me through the car and showed me that it was delivered in the same condition it was picked up on. They were very sweet as my wife talked with them.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I was moving from our home in New York to our other home in Palm Desert, California and I needed to get my Toyota Avalon transported. I had Sherpa Auto Transport do it as their responses were very professional and they appeared anxious to please. Their quote was competitive and firm as well. Their customer service representatives answered any question that I had and they communicated with me through the pickup and delivery of the vehicle. The whole transport took seven days and the delivery of the vehicle went smoothly. The driver had good communication skills - he called us before he arrived and gave us an estimated arrival time, which was very close to the actual arrival time. The car came in good condition and I paid exactly what I was quoted.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Thank you for allowing us to guide you through the auto transport process and for taking the time to leave a review. We value your feedback and consistently use our customers' guidance to improve our service. Should you need another shipment in the future, we would love to serve you again. And don't forget to ask for our Repeat Customer discount!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

We shipped a Sedan through Sherpa after looking into four shipping companies. They seemed really friendly and upfront about everything. They let me know details that I didn’t even know I needed to look into. They were on point with all the information. This was my first time using a transport so at first I didn’t know what pricing was appropriate. But after talking to a couple of people, it seemed very appropriate and fair. Plus the initial quote was dead on. The transport process was very quick and it arrived in the same condition it left. The drivers were also very friendly and courteous.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

We needed to get a car from Colorado to Georgia and we didn't want to drive it. So we shipped it. We found Sherpa on a website and the reviews were excellent. The quote was also good and the price was exactly the same at the end. The people we worked with were very professional and right to the point. It was just the kind of deal you like to do. On top of that, the car was picked up and delivered faster than we expected. So we were happy. When it arrived, the car's condition was also the same as when it left.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Selecting the right broker/shipper to use is hard. After doing a lot of research, I've decided to use Sherpa. I also used a different shipper for another one of my car to test the water. I must say Sherpa is much better in terms of communication and selecting the right shipper.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

This process was seamless. Sherpa responded quickly to our call. Within 2 days we were set up with E & G Transport and they picked up our car for transport to New Jersey. We watched as they carefully loaded the car, taking excellent care. Pricing was very competitive. Could not be happier.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

My car was shipped from Colorado to Maryland. From the first call to Sherpa, the initial call taker was very professional. I received an email saying they were working on securing my driver. I received an email when my driver was secured. The quote stayed the same. Sherpa quotes accurately, without adding on other hidden fees (many other auto transporters add additional fees). The driver was professional and timely in his pick up and delivery.

I had done a ton of research prior to moving to Colorado. I went with another company, who would have been fine if they didn't tack on extra fees. I was very disappointed in that alone. Sherpa called ahead of pick up to make sure my car was ready to ship back to Maryland. They called the day after the car was delivered to make sure everything went well. If I need an auto transport company in the future, I will definitely only go with Sherpa. It was an easy transition, which put my mind at ease. Thanks Sherpa for being so pleasant to work with.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Chrys, it means a lot that you chose us to work with us after thoroughly researching the many options available in the marketplace. In addition to our honest pricing, one of the things we pride ourselves on is our frequent and helpful communications with our customers throughout the process. We love hearing that throughout the process you felt “at ease” as we worked together to move your vehicle. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

Sherpa Auto Transport expert review by Lauren Fix

Sherpa Auto Transport is a national automobile transportation company. Sherpa works with a network of nationwide auto moving professionals to offer auto transportation tailored to its clients’ specific needs.

• Service offerings: Sherpa offers a full range of services catered to your auto transport needs. They specialize in accommodating all types of cars, from classic cars to junkers, both operable and inoperable. Whether you’re looking for a local shipment or a long-distance transport, Sherpa will deliver exactly what you need.

• Carrier vetting: Ensuring your vehicle is in the right hands is one of the most important aspects of your transport. Sherpa strictly vets each carrier for quality by leveraging a multitude of review sources and verifying that the carrier has the appropriate federal licenses and insurance coverage.

• Customer-centric: Sherpa has a team of specialists trained to facilitate your auto shipment from pickup to delivery. They keep close tabs on your shipment to ensure that you are informed at every step of the process.

• Free quotes: Sherpa works hard to ensure you receive the most favorable rate for your specific transport. Call Sherpa Auto Transport for a free quote.

• Best for: people who need long-distance or local vehicle transportation, including business fleet owners.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Sherpa Auto Transport questions and answers

Are you a broker or a carrier?
We are an auto transport broker, which means we work with transport companies to ensure your vehicle or fleet is shipped safely and efficiently to its destination.
Do you focus on local or long-distance auto transport?
We customize the type of transport to whatever our clients need. Whether you need your vehicle shipped across the country or down the street, we’ll take care of the details.
Do you transport classic or antique vehicles?
Definitely! We work with enclosed transport trucks that can safely move your luxury or rare vehicle.
What problem is your company trying to solve?
Auto transport is a complex industry, and it can be hard for people to find a reliable company. We’re dedicated to providing our customers with a hassle-free process at an affordable rate, while guiding them every step of the way.
What sets your company apart from the competition?
We started Sherpa Auto Transport after our own negative experiences as auto transport customers. We know first-hand how important it is to feel comfortable with your auto transporter, knowing your vehicles are in good hands. We work hard to treat our customers the same way we want to be treated, and that’s what really sets us apart. It’s that simple.
What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Whether it’s moving a family car cross-country or making sure your classic car arrives at the show unscathed, Sherpa will get the job done in a timely and affordable manner. We also keep you informed every step of the way, so you can rest assured that your vehicle is in good hands.
How do you think the industry will change in the next 2-5 years?
We are excited to see how technology will evolve to play a more pivotal part in how customers, brokers and carriers work together to do business.
How does your company measure success?
We measure success one satisfied customer at a time. To us, this means no matter how big our company gets or what the numbers look like, if our customers aren’t satisfied at the end of the day, we haven’t succeeded. We will go the extra mile to make sure we exceed your expectations.

Sherpa Auto Transport Company Information