Call toll free
4.73/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Sherpa Auto Transport is an auto transportation provider that focuses on providing door-to-door service, professional courtesy, accurate pricing based on real-time data, and top-notch customer service. Sherpa is passionate about giving you a smooth and stress-free transport experience, treating your car as if it is our own. Contact Sherpa Auto Transport now to get a free and fair full-service auto transport quote.

251 Sherpa Auto Transport Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I needed to transport a vehicle that had tow equipment put on the front so I could tow it behind a motor home. I looked at a bunch of transport companies and got some quotes. Then I went to the ConsumerAffairs website and read some of the reviews and the reviews of Sherpa Sherpa Auto Transport were all good so I picked them. Sherpa's quote was fine. I didn’t take the lowest quote that I was offered and I didn’t take the highest quote either. I took something that was in the middle. Sherpa transported my vehicle for me over 1,500 miles to Pender, Nebraska and then back to Reno, Nevada.

Everything was good in my dealings with the customer service reps. The only thing was that after I decided to go with Sherpa, they evidently posted on some website that I needed a vehicle moved since the truck drivers could go to the site and see what vehicles were out there for them to pick up. Then I started getting calls from the other transport companies that had given me quotes. They told me that Sherpa was never gonna get my vehicle picked up for that price and that they hoped that I didn’t give Sherpa my credit card numbers. So, it was really cutthroat competition with the other companies.

Sherpa picked my car up on a Monday and they delivered it on Thursday morning. Then they picked it up in Nebraska on Monday and delivered it back to me on Wednesday morning. My interactions with both of the drivers were really good and the price for shipping my car was fair. Unfortunately, when my car got back to us, I couldn’t put the tow package on it. Still, I had a good experience with Sherpa and I would recommend them for sure.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I was considering a handful of transport companies, but when I looked for reviews on Better Business Bureau, the name of Sherpa Auto Transport came up first. I had them ship my Toyota Prius from Everett, Washington to my daughter in Albuquerque, New Mexico where she moved to. The customer service reps were professional and friendly. I was concerned, though, because Sherpa cost a bit more than the regular and that's because they give the customer the real price and there are no tricks and surprises. In the past, I had a car shipped and I almost didn't get my car because I didn't have what the driver expected. I was really nervous, thinking I could not have that happen again.

My need for transport service went on a computer nationwide and drivers looked at it. A driver, Max, called me before Sherpa did and I told him that since they already saw the job, I would let Sherpa know that they were willing to take it. So, Sherpa contacted the driver and that came on the ball. My communication with Sherpa and the driver was really good. They were both great and let me know every step of the way. The driver was really on top of the transport. The pickup and the delivery were both fine. The meeting of the driver with my daughter worked out really well. He found the place right away and pulled to the side of the road. I was surprised that he was able to sit there without blocking traffic. He was professional with whatever he was doing.

The transport took three days and the delivery worked out well. The car was transported in an open truck and my daughter said it was really dirty when it arrived, but I told her that apparently that was normal. Anyway, the car was fine. The final cost of service was what I was hoping it would be. I wouldn't waste my time looking for other transport companies because Sherpa was very honest. I was afraid to give them my card number, but they did not take any money until they had the driver and set everything up like they said they would. Everybody did what they said they were gonna do, which is so important in business.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I shipped a Toyota Prius 3,000 miles. I looked up 3 companies and Sherpa have better reviews online. They gave me a three-day window for the delivery of the car and they delivered within that window. However, it would be nice to get a confirmation like when it gets closer that it’s still on schedule. It might catch people’s attention a little bit better because I got caught off guard. I forgot I had a car coming in. Nevertheless, the delivery went well. A guy knocked on the door and the car was already unloaded. The papers were already ready for me to inspect the vehicle and sign. It was zero effort on my end, just for pick-up.

The car arrived the same condition as I left it in. The cost seems expensive, but that’s just the going rate for shipping cars and considering what I got, I was happy with my experience. I gave them a call because if you shipped twice from Sherpa, you get a $50 Visa gift card. I didn’t meet the credentials because I lost my bill of lading. So I called customer service yesterday and they’re extremely helpful and ended up just even honoring the gift card offer without me even presenting the bill of lading. I was very pleased with that.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

Sherpa sounded more reliable than the other shipping company I looked into so it was with them that I shipped my vehicle. Their customer service reps were very professional and very knowledgeable. They found me a transport at first, but that one didn’t work out and they didn’t care for him either. So they found me a more reliable one. Moreover, the quote they gave was also exactly the same that I paid. The driver called the day before the delivery. They also called the morning of the delivery date to say they would be there in about an hour and a half. I ended up changing the location for the delivery and that was fine with them. Everything went smoothly.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Notification of delivery needs improvement. The sequence of events did not occur as described when booking the service (i.e. I knew the vehicle was on it’s way and an anticipated delivery, but when that time Lapsed I initiated a call to the dispatcher for clarification). I was told the driver would contact me, but only did that happen after contacting the dispatcher. And as I waited, no updates until it was already well into the evening. Ultimately the car arrived safe and sound, and despite the inconveniences, I’m still happy the service was available.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sherpa Auto Transport?

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I was moving and I liked Sherpa's pricing and response time, so I went with them. I filled out their online form and they called me quickly and asked me what I needed. They seemed like they were experienced, so I thought they knew what they were doing. It sounded basic, but I didn’t get that feeling from the others that I called because they took a while to respond or they sent an email instead. Sherpa, however, confirmed the details of the logistic and the dates right away. But I asked them to move the delivery date out because I wasn’t going to be there on the day of, and they were flexible about that. And the transport ended up taking five days instead of two.

I called the delivery driver and he communicated where he was and where he was going to be, so I didn’t have any problems with him. The car arrived extremely dirty though, both on the outside and on the inside, and I didn't like that. I don’t know where they drove it to or if that was just by virtue of being on the road, which I doubt because I’ve done this before and it has never come back that filthy. Another thing that I didn’t like was after a few days of driving around, I discovered two nails in one of my tires. I strongly suspect that the nails were from the car shipper because I didn’t even drive the car that much around here or go anywhere unusual. Nevertheless, Sherpa got the car here and in terms of the quality of their service, everything was fine overall.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I bought an out-of-state used car. I looked into a dozen other transport companies but they couldn’t get me a commitment date and a promised time. Sherpa customer service reps were very responsive. It was all done through email and they put me in touch with the driver. Also as brokers, they were knowledgeable too. They were able to find the right driver on the right route for the right price. When the driver showed up, he showed up a day early and I wasn't ready to pick up the car. We rerouted the car a little bit outside of New York City in order to get it here quicker. But then, the car got here too quickly. It was fine, though.

The reps from Sherpa handled it and I was able to pick it up the following morning. I met the driver at the location and he didn't seem upset about having to wait around an extra day. He gave me the receipt and we were on our way. Upon arrival, the vehicle seemed fine. I didn’t see anything that stood out or was unusual from the photos I was given. Overall, I had a very good transaction with Sherpa. Not only were they worth exploring if the above average price fits your budget, but they were also able to deliver the car at the time expected.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I had my Mercedes-Benz transported by Sherpa Auto Transport from Florida to California. The quote they gave me was good. The professionalism of the customer service was very good as well. The delivery was right on time and the car arrived in perfect condition. hey told me it was gonna be about a week, and it took about a week. The driver was a very nice man, too. Hire Sherpa Auto Transport!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I’m in Colorado and I had my car shipped to Arizona. I have a show quality car so I didn’t want to drive it out there. I looked at 3 shipping companies and the pictures that Sherpa showed online were very clean and nice trucks. But I didn’t realize at that time that what they do is they lease those rides out which is fine with me. It looked like they had good transport services so I went with Sherpa.

Their customer service reps were very professional. They explained to me and kept their words. They asked me what I want, what my needs were, and they did a good job on it. I said the car has to go out on a Sunday or a Monday. That’s the only days I could really have it delivered, and I’d like to have it go out on the 8th of the month, which was three weeks ahead of time. They said they didn't see any problem with that. However, a day or so before that they said they were having a little trouble getting somebody to transport that out, but they were sure they would be able to accommodate me. Sure enough they called me on the morning of the 8th and said they have a transporter that was gonna be over there, and that he would call me in a few minutes.

I took the car over to the driver because he couldn’t get that 72-quarter in the area where I live, which I understand. He delivered it on time in Colorado, which I’m very happy with. However, when my brother had looked over the car he said it was covered with sand and the it must’ve went through a snowstorm as the driver was delivering it. I was kinda concerned when the driver picked up the car because all those eight tires that are underneath doesn't have mud flaps over the top. The driver said he was gonna put it midway, with another car in front of it. He said the car he was putting in front doesn’t run. But I told him I asked for a spot on the top but I haven’t been there to inspect it. Evidently, the vehicle was on the bottom level which is elementary to me, as long as it didn’t get any scratches on it. Somebody had already called me and said that they pay for the cars to be washed and I just need to send the receipt.

Sherpa was right on the ball. They told me what price would be and they didn’t waver from that. The only difference they did, which was fine with me, was that they said instead of us getting $250, we were gonna take $225. I would have to give the driver, instead of $400, $425 and that was what transpired. We gave the driver the $425 in cash. He gave my brother and my sister a receipt, who was there just to receive the car. The cost was awesome. Sherpa did a good job and I would recommend them to anybody.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

The rep of Sherpa was really informative and patient. She kept following-up with me just to check if I had contacted someone. She gave me some helpful tips in asking questions with other shippers because it was my first time shipping. I trusted her so I finally had my Ford Focus shipped through them. I was very comfortable working with her.

The quote she gave was also a competitive from the different brokers I spoke with, and it was 100% accurate. Moreover, the actual contractor they picked was perfect. He was on time and courteous. He was very thorough from the time he picked the vehicle up. He walked around with me. He showed me and told me what to expect. He was very professional. He called me that morning that he was already there to drop off my car and he pulled the car off the truck into my complex. I thought I was gonna have to meet him on the street but he drove my car and we walked around it before he walked back to his truck. I was very satisfied. Everything was perfect and I would use Sherpa again. Definitely go with them. Trust your car with them and it would be okay.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Sherpa provided a very detailed account of what to expect throughout this entire process and guaranteed a pick up date within the time range I gave. Also, the driver was very friendly and professional. Overall, I’d recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I was transporting my car over a distance of 1,000 miles. I looked at five different transport companies and I liked Sherpa's pricing so I went with them. Their reps worked hard. I had pleasant interactions with them and any questions I had, they either had the answer or they were able to research it for me. I also liked the quote that they gave me. It was exactly what they told me from day one. The truck that was supposed to bring the car here, however, broke down about 100 miles from here. When I found out about it, they arranged for me to pick up my car and they gave me a discount of $100 from the initially quoted price. So they made it right. One of the delivery crew verified my ID, got the remaining amount of money and got in their car. Overall, I was happy with Sherpa and I'll use them again.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Great experience from start to finish! I contacted several transport companies when I needed to ship my 2015 Subaru Forester across the U.S.. Sherpa was by far the most friendly, informative, and communicative through the whole process. Highly recommend.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I was moving by myself and my truck was too big to tow behind like a U-Haul. It seemed like there was a lot of negative things to say about truck shipping services but Sherpa had the best reviews online. I went with them and they gave me a good quote and good delivery times. It was a lot to ship a truck, but the quote seemed fair. It was definitely better than anybody else by maybe $300.

They gave me a date and time they were gonna pick up the truck but we went over that date and I kind of got a little antsy to have somebody pick up the truck. I started looking around after they didn’t meet their time and they were decent at explaining why they couldn’t pick it up right at the time they said they would. So, it was all right. It could’ve been a little better and they could’ve reassured me a little more on picking-up times and that somebody would actually pick it up after they didn’t. But they followed through and found somebody. The driver came down. I had just gotten in South Florida and he picked the truck up at my sister's place the night before. They went over it and documented all the nicks and scratches. The next day, he was in South Florida to drop it off to me. He was very good at communicating and letting me know exactly where he was.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

My husband was leaving a BMW to someone in Florida and I didn't want to drive it down from Virginia, so we got a transport service. There were three companies that were listed and we talked with one but we weren't satisfied with them. We went with Sherpa Auto Transport and I was satisfied with the knowledge and expertise of the two reps I talked to. It was easy to arrange the times with them and I really liked them. They were also really nice and helpful. The car was picked up on Tuesday and I loved the driver. He had a Russian accent and he was so funny. He told us that he had to make another stop to pick up another car but he was able to deliver the car on Thursday, which was a lot quicker than we thought. The delivery went fine as well and the car's condition was great, just like when it left. I was perfectly satisfied with Sherpa Auto Transport and if you want to ship a car, I would recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

We were receiving a vehicle as a gift and it needed to be shipped from California to Virginia. I looked into different transport companies, but when I saw a commercial for Sherpa Auto Transport, I figured that they were the best way to go. The rep I talked to answered all my questions without a problem. She didn't rush me or force me to make a decision right there and then. I realized that their quote was a little high, but when she told me that they make sure they get the best drivers that meet their requirements and qualifications, it gave me a peace of mind because I knew I had someone I can call to direct me if I had any issues with the driver.

During the pick-up in California, the guy kept in touch, which was something I liked. Then, during the delivery, the driver got here two days beforehand. I was expecting a Tuesday delivery and the car ended up getting here on a Saturday. However, I already had plans that Saturday. The driver had to wait two hours until I got back home to get the receipt of the vehicle. I would have liked it if Sherpa gave me an estimated time or a window between 2:00 and 5:00. But I was glad that the car came early.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

My husband and I moved across the country from Virginia to Colorado and needed to ship a red Jeep Compass. We looked at about three different transport companies and Sherpa Auto Transport seemed to have good reviews, so we went with them. They seemed to be decent and their customer service seemed very good. The first time we put in an inquiry with them, they called right away to talk through their process. Once the transport was booked, they were in constant communication with me in letting me know when they had found a driver and when our car was being picked up.

However, the driver gave us a delivery date of a Thursday but when Thursday came around, we didn’t hear anything from him until we got a call saying that there had been a mechanical issue, so he couldn’t come until the next week. My husband and I were flying back and forth from Virginia to Colorado and we weren’t able to accept the car on the day that the driver wanted to deliver it. Also, they wanted to accept payment through PayPal which seemed shady to me because that was not how it was supposed to work.

I ended up calling Sherpa and right away I was able to reach someone who was able to assist in handling the process. He had the driver drop the car off at one of Sherpa’s third-party transportation companies locally, so when we were back in town, we were able to pick the car up from there. Also, Sherpa paid the driver and we paid Sherpa. They even refunded us $50 for the inconvenience. The cost was fair and reasonable for having a high-level customer service. We got other estimates from companies that were higher, and some were lower but they had bad reviews. All in all, even though we had problems with their third-party partners, Sherpa handled everything on their end very well.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I was moving across the country for a new job and Sherpa Auto Transport had really good reviews online. Their reps were very good and the price was very reasonable and it was slightly lower than most others. I wasn’t thrilled about the drivers though, especially on pick-up. They did not give me a heads-up and I wasn’t entirely sure which day they were coming and exactly what time. I had an estimated ETA but the driver communication could’ve been better. Having an idea that they were coming, which day and roughly the morning or night, would've been a lot easier than tentatively waiting around all day. Other than that, I was happy with the transport. The car was perfectly fine when it arrived in about a week and I would definitely recommend Sherpa.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Sherpa has really good customer reviews so out of the four companies I looked at, I went with Sherpa despite the other companies giving me $150 less. It was the first we had ever had to ship a vehicle and Sherpa made it very easy. They were very good. I hadn't heard from the driver and Sherpa got me in contact with the driver. The driver that they had lined up was very experienced. We waited until they loaded the car so that I can send my son a picture of his car that it was on the way to him. We watched them for about 45 minutes and you can tell they knew exactly what they were doing. My son's vehicle arrived in Washington a day and a half early, which was great, and in good shape. My son communicated with the driver and they had a local pick-up spot. And he said everything went fine.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I bought a car out of state and I looked at over 25 different companies to transport it. I went with Sherpa because of the rebate they had and they weren't harassing me. Other companies were blowing up my email box. Still, was able to get someone right away at Sherpa and she gave me a quick rate. Thereafter Sherpa was able to do the pickup really quick. They didn't delay and weren't trying to load up a whole bunch of cars.

I had them transport a Dodge Challenger from Fort Lauderdale to Georgia to Atlanta. The driver brought the vehicle to my location and unloaded it. Initially, he was going to pick it up, but he noticed something wasn't right on the vehicle. He called me and let me know that he could still bring it or he could not bring it. He turned around and picked it up for me. He let me know before he brought it up here and I was surprised. He also gave me the bill of lading with all the information on it. Everything was easy and paperless via email and it was a smooth transaction.

The driver also let me check out the car. He showed me little marks that he had seen and noticed before transporting that he told me and took pictures of. He took pictures as he was loading and before he loaded, and sent them to me. He took every angle and took pictures of it on his truck, and it was good. Also, the quote given by Sherpa was reasonable. It was too low like I wanted it, but it was also not too high either, which made me feel like it was safe. In the end, it was a 100% accurate.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I bought a Ford Mustang and got Sherpa to ship it. I had around 10 transport companies looked at then I picked Sherpa considering their reviews online. They provided me with a reasonable quote, and though it was a little higher than the other companies, there were no hidden fees so I was fine with it. It also turned out to be very accurate in the end and such cost was an equal match to the quality of service that I received. The reps were very honest, and they were very thorough with all the questions that I asked and answered every one exactly how I wanted them. It was an excellent experience dealing with them. The communication was great and the delivery was on time. The transport took about four days, and then the driver showed up at the destination and unloaded the car. I inspected it, signed the paperwork, and off he went. He was very polite too. I highly recommend Sherpa.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I moved from Connecticut to Florida and needed a transport service. I read some of the reviews online and Sherpa was recommended. Their quote was very competitive and the reps were polite. The delivery was on time and the communication was great. The driver gave me the delivery date and followed up with me. Everything was wonderful and the transport only took four days so I have nothing but great things to say about Sherpa's car service.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I bought a 1972 Dodge Charger and I needed it transported 500 miles. I went with Sherpa for their reviews and price. They provided me with a fair quote which was accurate at the end. I did not like though how they presented the discount in the service and I don’t think it was a $50 discount. It was in the quote and it would come at the end but they could have been clearer on that. They had a friendly and professional rep but I dealt with a lot of people who had heavy accents and couldn't speak English very well which I did not prefer.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I used Sherpa to transport my RX Lexus van from New Jersey to California. I got their information on the web, called them, and I had excellent interactions with the customer service representative. Everything went well with the scheduling and the communication for the delivery was very good. The transport took about 5 days and we got to drive the car now in California. Overall, the Sherpa people were good, kind, and they answered the phone. As scared as I was, they exceeded my expectations. They were very prompt and timely. I would recommend Sherpa.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Anju, thank you for the thoughtful review. It’s not uncommon for us to work with customers who are transporting their vehicle for the first time. By staying in frequent contact, providing transparent market-based pricing, and above all else being honest, kind and courteous - we strive for every customer to feel as reassured and confident in choosing Sherpa as you did.

Thanks for trusting us with your Lexus. We look forward to working together again in the future!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I was moving my parents' 2013 Buick Encore from Tucson to Spokane, but it was not running well enough for me to drive it that far. I looked at Sherpa and one other transport company, and then I decided to go with Sherpa seeing that they were very proactive as far as contacting and asking me if I needed help through emails. I then said no, and I was actually gonna drive the car myself. They told me to let them know if my plans change, and they did, because I decided it wasn't safe to drive the car. So they got right back to me, got me a driver set up on the day I needed, and it worked out.

The rep at Sherpa was very professional and she knew what she was talking about. She told me exactly what would happen and gave me the driver's contact information. I was also in touch with the driver and he called me when he was a couple of days away. He was running a little late. So he told me the day he would be there for the delivery, and also gave me the address. And then, the day before the delivery, he gave me a certain time and he was there before me. He had already unloaded the car and it was fine. I had heard that most of the transports are in an open carrier, but this was a man that had an enclosed, really long trailer, where he could fit two cars inside. So it was better than what I anticipated. Also, the amount that I paid was the same as the quote Sherpa provided me, which in comparison with the other company that I looked at, was a realistic quote. All in all, I would recommend Sherpa.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I was leaving a job and was going back home. After I got a quote from Sherpa, I called to set the transport up and gave them three days to pick up the truck. They said they should be able to do it and so I put the deposit down. The quote they provided was a little higher than what I was expecting, but I booked late so I understood it. I didn’t hear from them until the last day and I had to reach out to them ‘cause I needed to know if it was gonna push through or not, which it did. A little more communication would’ve been nice and I needed a little more reassurance, but other than that, everything was fine. They transported my vehicle from Virginia to Olympia, Washington and it took no longer than eight days which was a bit quicker compared to what I had done in the past.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

G, thank you for choosing Sherpa Auto Transport. We treat every car entrusted into our care as if it were our own. Thank you for your patience as we worked diligently to find a carrier that met our standards for safety and professionalism. We hope to serve you again should you need to ship your truck, or another vehicle, in the future!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I was transporting a project car across the US, from New York to Washington. I've shipped cars several times before and I talked with a couple of companies. They all say on their website that there's no pressure, that they give you the information, and that they're not like the other guy. Sometimes the calls could be very different until someone else I talked to had used those same tactics. When I talked to Sherpa, they didn’t at all. They were more informative and explained the process. I felt comfortable about working with them. The quote was exactly what they had said. I have even asked if we could do any better because I had a target amount that I wanted to go with. They responded back with something that was competitive. It took me an extra week, but in the end, we found someone and it all worked out fine.

I was having an old car shipped and the person I'm getting it from said it was running. When the first driver got there, they said they opened the hood and there was a bee nest in it. The person said they took the bee nest out. In the end, the driver didn’t take the vehicle up. He said it was because of non-running and the bee nest. I went back to Sherpa and explained the situation. They said they would find me someone else and they did.

I was given a range of dates for the delivery and I was supposed to get 24-hour notice. The delivery was quick and early, which was not a bad thing, but it felt a bit inconvenient. I needed to be there for the delivery and I was trying to schedule it around my life. The driver called me two days in advance and said they'd like to deliver it in the next 30 minutes. I said that I commute to work and couldn't make it in 30 minutes so they canceled that drop-off and scheduled it for the next day, which was fine. They stored it out in a local storage lot here. I would use Sherpa again and I would recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I was moving from Maryland to Oregon and I needed to have my Volkswagen Golf hatchback transported. Sherpa Auto Transport found a driver fast so I went with them. I was in touch with one guy and he was fast and trustable. He went through with talking with the driver and everything. The quote that I was provided was okay which is the average between other companies. The cost was great and the experience was fine.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Hi Majed. Thank you for trusting Sherpa Auto Transport to relocate your Golf hatchback. It’s great to hear that you had a positive experience with your carrier. We value your driver feedback and will add your comments to his file so that other customers can benefit from his high level of service. Thanks for allowing us to ship your car!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

We purchased a vehicle out of state and needed to ship it from Wisconsin to Oklahoma. We checked five other companies but decided to go with Sherpa as they were more professional, answered questions we needed and returned our phone calls. Their customer service was very good and their quote was very competitive. Everything went well and we were completely satisfied.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Hi Jennifer. We’re so glad you had such a wonderful experience. We treat each car entrusted into our care as if it were our own. With this mentality at the forefront of our minds, we strive to make sure that every customer we have the privilege of working with feels comfortable, well-informed and happy throughout the auto transport process. We look forward to working together in the future should you need to relocate your vehicle again.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I was moving and needed to ship an ‘87 Corvette for over 400 miles. I checked about half a dozen transport companies but Sherpa seemed like the best warranty and protection for the price. The cost might have been a little high, considering the short distance, however, it was comparable to others and I was happy to pay it. Also, the warranty and the guarantees were important.

Scheduling was absolutely flawless and the rep was very pleasant. I also spoke with his business partner and she was awesome. The transport was completed in under 24 hours and the vehicle was in the same condition as when the carrier took possession of it. Sherpa home office and the carrier themselves were very communicative and it was the best possible experience.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Bret, with all the options available in the auto transport marketplace it means a lot to us that you chose to work with Sherpa. Our goal is to make sure that every customer is not only comfortable and confident in choosing Sherpa, but feels fully protected against any potential issue and knowledgeable about how shipping a car works. We make sure this happens by staying in frequent contact with our customers - something you experienced first hand as we worked together to transport your Corvette.

Thanks again! We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Sherpa Auto Transport expert review by Lauren Fix

Sherpa Auto Transport is a national automobile transportation company. Sherpa works with a network of nationwide auto moving professionals to offer auto transportation tailored to its clients’ specific needs.

• Service offerings: Sherpa offers a full range of services catered to your auto transport needs. They specialize in accommodating all types of cars, from classic cars to junkers, both operable and inoperable. Whether you’re looking for a local shipment or a long-distance transport, Sherpa will deliver exactly what you need.

• Carrier vetting: Ensuring your vehicle is in the right hands is one of the most important aspects of your transport. Sherpa strictly vets each carrier for quality by leveraging a multitude of review sources and verifying that the carrier has the appropriate federal licenses and insurance coverage.

• Customer-centric: Sherpa has a team of specialists trained to facilitate your auto shipment from pickup to delivery. They keep close tabs on your shipment to ensure that you are informed at every step of the process.

• Free quotes: Sherpa works hard to ensure you receive the most favorable rate for your specific transport. Call Sherpa Auto Transport for a free quote.

• Best for: people who need long-distance or local vehicle transportation, including business fleet owners.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Sherpa Auto Transport questions and answers

Are you a broker or a carrier?
We are an auto transport broker, which means we work with transport companies to ensure your vehicle or fleet is shipped safely and efficiently to its destination.
Do you focus on local or long-distance auto transport?
We customize the type of transport to whatever our clients need. Whether you need your vehicle shipped across the country or down the street, we’ll take care of the details.
Do you transport classic or antique vehicles?
Definitely! We work with enclosed transport trucks that can safely move your luxury or rare vehicle.
What problem is your company trying to solve?
Auto transport is a complex industry, and it can be hard for people to find a reliable company. We’re dedicated to providing our customers with a hassle-free process at an affordable rate, while guiding them every step of the way.
What sets your company apart from the competition?
We started Sherpa Auto Transport after our own negative experiences as auto transport customers. We know first-hand how important it is to feel comfortable with your auto transporter, knowing your vehicles are in good hands. We work hard to treat our customers the same way we want to be treated, and that’s what really sets us apart. It’s that simple.
What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Whether it’s moving a family car cross-country or making sure your classic car arrives at the show unscathed, Sherpa will get the job done in a timely and affordable manner. We also keep you informed every step of the way, so you can rest assured that your vehicle is in good hands.
How do you think the industry will change in the next 2-5 years?
We are excited to see how technology will evolve to play a more pivotal part in how customers, brokers and carriers work together to do business.
How does your company measure success?
We measure success one satisfied customer at a time. To us, this means no matter how big our company gets or what the numbers look like, if our customers aren’t satisfied at the end of the day, we haven’t succeeded. We will go the extra mile to make sure we exceed your expectations.

Sherpa Auto Transport Company Information