Call toll free
4.83/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Sherpa Auto Transport is an auto transportation provider that focuses on providing door-to-door service, professional courtesy, accurate pricing based on real-time data, and top-notch customer service. Sherpa is passionate about giving you a smooth and stress-free transport experience, treating your car as if it is our own. Contact Sherpa Auto Transport now to get a free and fair full-service auto transport quote.

447 Sherpa Auto Transport Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Sherpa did an excellent job explaining and coordinating transport for my Camry from Louisville, KY to Colorado. The shipping company picked up and delivered the car in roughly the time-frame promised. Car arrived safely and undamaged.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

My son was relocating from California to Michigan and he needed his car shipped. The customer service people at Sherpa were knowledgeable, informative, and respectful. I also talked to a few other companies that used car sales, but Sherpa was very straightforward about what they do and how much it costs. Sherpa was about $150 less compared to other transport companies.

We had a major snowstorm here in the Midwest. The driver had said he'd be here on Saturday around 8 o'clock at night. He called around 5:00 and said that the roads were so bad, he doesn't think he was gonna be able to make it until later, and if it was okay with me, he'd deliver it as soon as he could. So I said, "If it's okay with you, sure, deliver it tonight." I live at the top of the hill. Then I got a call about quarter to 12, and that the driver said, "I'm stuck", He tried to get up the hill to my house. He got about halfway and then the whole rig slid back down. Anyway, he and I were able to get his truck unstuck and my car off of it. I gotta hand it to the guy. He delivered the car rain or shine. The whole transport took four days. It was really fast. He picked it up on the 22nd and delivered it on the 26th. I'd use Sherpa again.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I received a car that was a family heirloom. I wasn’t able to drive all the way down to Florida to pick it up myself so I needed someone to bring it up for me in a cost-effective manner. I applied for Sherpa's services online and they called me up with the details. It was Christmas time then so finding a driver was difficult, but every time there was an update, someone called me. The car arrived in good condition and it was all I could have asked for. However, the price I had to pay went up because the vehicle unfortunately didn’t start like it was supposed to. It had to be manually moved on to the trailer and then manually taken off. The driver told me that he needed $120 for all that, and I didn't think that was unreasonable. The amount I paid was what I would’ve paid with just about anybody else, and that was assuming the vehicle would run. I expected my experience to be a freaking nightmare, but it was not.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Andrew, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! It was our pleasure to help you ship your car. We're sure it was a surprise to discover that your car didn't operate like you thought it would! It's great that the carrier we assigned to you was still able to transport the vehicle. It's common for inoperable vehicles to cost a little more due to special equipment and additional labor the car requires.

Thanks for choosing Sherpa Auto Transport. We're glad you had a wonderful experience and we hope to help you again in the future!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Excellent service, speedy results even with terrible weather, I was always kept in the loop. Driver was very easy to get in touch with - text or phone call he always responded. Stayed very true to the projected time frame. Best prices around.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Jason, thanks for the great review! It was our pleasure to help guide you through the process with clear and frequent communication, accurate pricing and a thoroughly vetted carrier. We hope to help you again in the future!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I was moving back from Seattle to Chicago and had taken the car out with one company, then scheduled with another company to come back. But, that company never came. I had told them that I needed it picked up right away because I was in an urgent situation. They said, “Yeah, yeah, yeah.” And then, they put it up for very cheap, and it didn’t get picked up. And every time I called, at first, they would answer and say, “Oh, we’re trying so hard, but it’s holiday time,” and then, they stopped answering my calls.

So then, Sherpa picked up and they were fabulous. They explained to me what was going on because I didn’t understand the process, which is that the shipment is put online with everybody. And you’re basically posted. Then, any trucker can look it up. What they had done is the people I contacted, even though I was paying them a large sum of money, they had put it up for very cheap, so no one was picking it up. Sherpa's rep then said that they will charge me the regular rate, the rate that should be, and then they'll post. the final amount was a little bit lower than I was paying the first shipper, but the first shipper was not posting it for a fair rate. They posted it, and within less than 24 hours, I had a shipper.

During the pickup and delivery, I asked them to contact the office of the apartment building where we had been living and make arrangements with that person to pick up the keys. They said it went very smoothly, and they were very polite. They picked it up and when they dropped off, they did a great job. They just notified us in advance, and let us know that they were coming, what day, and what time. Then, they showed up approximately that time, but they called ahead to let us know again that they were half an hour away. Overall, my Sherpa experience was unbelievably good and the car was fine when it arrived. It was as it had been when it left.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sherpa Auto Transport?

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Communication from our scheduling to speaking directly with the driver thru delivery was professional, honest and reasonably priced! Thank you for delivering our car in pristine condition. Referral worthy!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I needed a transport service to ship my vehicle from Los Angeles to Florida where I am now stationed. I called a few different places. Every time I speak with somebody, I felt most comfortable with the person I was speaking to through Sherpa about the actual services that were directing the drivers that pick up to us. Sherpa offered me the best price, and their customer service was very helpful. Even the people that they hired to pick up the vehicle were helpful and kept me informed along the way. The quote I was given was the final pay off and it did not change throughout the process. Finding a driver took a little bit, and it wasn't 'till the day prior that they found a driver. It was also the last day the vehicle needed to be picked up. Having somebody to take that a little bit sooner would have been better for comfort. Other than that, my experience with Sherpa was great and they made my experience easy.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Hi Christopher. Thanks for choosing Sherpa Auto Transport. We're glad that we were able to assist you in shipping your vehicle and you found our representatives to be helpful and courteous.

One of the many things that set Sherpa apart from the rest is our commitment to working with only the best drivers available. We appreciate your patience as we worked to find a carrier for your car that met our stringent standards.

Thanks again for allowing us to guide you through the process!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I would definitely recommend Sherpa Auto Transport. They shipped the 2006 Toyota Camry from Washington state to Maryland. I called another broker and they changed the price on me three times, so I canceled with that one. Then I saw a television advertisement for Sherpa's service and decided to try them. After giving me the initial quote, they didn't change the price on me. Also, their price was cheaper and there was a $200 difference in their quote compared to other transport companies that I looked at. But the final price did not match the initial quote and it is still being negotiated because the $200 difference includes $100 reimbursement with the TV advertisements. So, I'm still trying to get $100 back but in the Visa card form and there are a couple of steps involved with that.

Other than that, I had a very good experience with the driver. He was very accommodating. But that is not a reflection of Sherpa but more of a reflection of the sub-contractor that they hired. But when I received my vehicle, there was a slight issue. I opted to do the transport with the open-air container, though, so I knew what I was getting into. When the car was delivered, it had lots of dust and the hose for the window washer got disconnected. But I heard from the mechanic that this is a very frequent thing that happens during transport and it was nothing major. Nevertheless, Sherpa was able to figure out a good contract with the carrier driver because they got my car delivered on time despite the weather.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Used Sherpa to move my father’s truck from Missouri to Tennessee. A simply superb experience. Called numerous transport companies who went above and beyond to tell you all the horror stories you could imagine. Not Sherpa, they were professional, provided the exact cost, shipping procedure, competitive pricing and even had a 100.00 rebate (although “mail in” is a little dated). Truck arrived earlier than expected, driver kept us informed along the way, and was in perfect condition. Highly recommended. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I'm in Florida and I needed a SUV that was in South Carolina. I had an accident and I wasn’t gonna go back there to get the car so I needed it transported down. I checked online on the Consumer and Better Business Bureau and came up with a transport company then I went by with Consumer Reports. When I called Sherpa, it seemed like a good deal so I went with them.

Sherpa's customer service reps called and kept in contact with me. I was told that the SUV would be picked up on Friday and will be delivered between Monday and Wednesday. I got the vehicle on Monday morning and when it was delivered, the driver gave me a call. He said that they will be here within the hour and they were. He was courteous and the vehicle arrived in good condition. Also, the quote I was provided was fair. When we negotiated the price, that was the set price and there was no change. I was given a high quality of service and I was very happy. I would be a repeat customer.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Thanks for the great review, C! One way that Sherpa stands out from the rest is our commitment to communicating often and honestly with our customers. When you work with us - you will never be left in the dark. We promise to keep you updated throughout the transport process.

It's great to hear that you would work with us again in the future. We hope to help you again soon!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Sherpa was a special request for one of our top associate management. Sherpa's service was good. They transported the vehicle from Phoenix, Arizona to San Diego, California and they got the unit to its location fairly quickly. So, our bosses were happy with that. We looked into four different transport companies and decided to go with Sherpa due to their reasonable prices and the type of customer service they provide.

Everything was good with communication with their associate. As far as their customer service, their reps are good about it. They kept me posted and updated me on what was going on, which was a plus. They've given me as much information as they could to make sure that I was contented and happy with their service. The people who delivered the vehicle let me know how close they were in getting to the site. They also tried to work with my schedule as far as our opening hours and made sure that they got there on time or in a certain hour. If an opportunity comes up again, I would use Sherpa's services. They did a good job, and we were quite happy about it.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I had a ’98 Dodge Ram 1500 pickup truck transported with Sherpa from South Carolina to Indiana. The reviews on Sherpa online were pretty good. I also liked that they had online scheduling and unlike some of the other companies that I tried to deal with, they didn’t harass me every other day. They weren’t the cheapest, but they were towards the bottom. The truck had very big sentimental value to my family, so it was very important that I wasn’t just going after the cheapest Joe Shmoe. So, I just had a good gut feeling with them, so that’s why I went with them. I called, scheduled it, set it all up and gave the rep my credit card so she could find a driver. The next day, they said they had a driver, and the driver picked it up the day after that and returned it to me the same day.

The woman I talked to was very nice and very polite. I couldn’t complain a bit about her service. The delivery went great as well. The driver was a very respectful gentleman and kept me in the loop on what was going on. I knew there was some bad weather coming and he asked what was the latest time he would be able to drop off because he was trying to beat the weather. Everything was good with the condition of my vehicle when I received it.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Thanks for choosing Sherpa, Don. We take seriously the trust customers place in us when they ask us to assist in shipping a vehicle. That's why we promise communicate frequently and honestly, offer transparent pricing and put any potential driver through a vigorous vetting process.

Thanks again for working with Sherpa. We hope to assist you again in the future!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

We were moving from Missouri to California and we had to ship two of our vehicles. I went through a dozen transport companies but I got Sherpa Auto Transport's service after I read the reviews from people. It looked like they were reliable, honest, and has fair pricing. When I set the transport up, their customer service was very helpful. They cleared everything up before we decided to spend the money with them and nothing was hidden nor sounded off. The cars were then picked up when they said they were gonna be picked up, and they were delivered when they said they were gonna be delivered. We got the cars in a place a mile from our house where the big truck could park and the amount we paid was the amount we were quoted at the start. Sherpa Auto Transport was reliable and did what they promised to do. We were completely happy with the service.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Scott, it means a lot to us that out of the many options available in the marketplace you chose to work with Sherpa. We take the trust you place in us seriously - which is why we promise to treat each car we ship as if it were our own. We do this by updating you frequently throughout the transport and employing a thorough vetting process to ensure that we only work with the best drivers available.

Thanks for choosing Sherpa. We look forward to helping you again in the future!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

My daughter moved to California from Connecticut. We needed to transport a Toyota Rav4. A bunch of companies came up when I googled transport companies. I had signed with one. And then, after I signed with them, I got a very bad feeling. I didn’t hear back from them. I just didn’t think that they were the right people to go with. I looked up their reviews again, and they had very bad ones. And then, Sherpa came up so I canceled the first company.

Sherpa was a little bit more expensive but that’s fine because they totally did a good job. The reps were honest and everything they told me was correct. If they didn’t know anything, they said they would check and call me back, which is important because I don’t want them giving me misinformation. Also, the driver was nice and communicative. He dropped the car there when we were supposed to get the car and he picked the car up when he was supposed to pick it up. It was delivered in front of my daughter’s building, exactly when we got there. As a matter of fact, we were on the highway, and the car was right next to us. I have already recommended Sherpa to one person. I would use Sherpa again if I ship a car.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

My husband is in the military and I was moving. One of the other services was supposed to get my car and they kept flaking and not answering my calls. And then I called Sherpa Auto Transport one time and the lady that I spoke to set everything up the first day, and my car was picked up within the next 48 hours. The lady was one of the best customer service. Also, the quote was great and the final cost was the quote. When the driver got there, he just called me and picked up my car. He was friendly. Then he kept me posted throughout the days that he was driving it. And then, on the couple hours before it was going to arrive here in Florida, he called me. And then when it got here, he called me again. He was great. It was supposed to take seven days but it was three or four.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Kaylee, we're sorry to hear that you had a frustrating auto transport experience previously. We know all too well how disappointing it is when you can't get in touch with someone at the company you hired to ship your car. That happened to our founder too. It's why when he founded Sherpa he made a commitment to doing things differently: always being upfront and honest with customers throughout the entire process.

It was our pleasure to help you and we're glad that you found your Sherpa experience to be smooth and stress-free. We hope we have the chance to help you again in the future!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I had a great experience with Sherpa Auto Transport when they shipped the 2012 Toyota Camry over a few thousand miles. The quote they provided was competitive. It was the same as what the other transport companies were offering, but they were a lot better than the others when I went online and saw their reviews. The final cost was the same as the quote that they had originally quoted. They also gave me a $100 rebate which was in the copy of the bill. The customer service reps were A1 and everything with them was smooth.

I saw the driver when I dropped the car off and the next time that I spoke with the driver was on the day of delivery. I met the people who would deliver the vehicle around the corner from my house, then I watched them load the car up. When the car was delivered, they couldn't come down the street since the truck was big. So, I went not too far from where I was and picked the car up. Everything was fine. The car was just like when I dropped it off, although it was a little dirty. I was very satisfied with Sherpa.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

We needed to ship a car from Denver, Colorado to Goose Creek, South Carolina. We like Sherpa's reviews. My son's in the military and he was unable to leave his base 'till after a certain time in the evening. We had to make sure that the car would not be delivered before 5 o'clock in the evening, and a lot of the companies would not accommodate that.

The reps were great, and they were helpful from the beginning to the end. The driver tried to deliver the truck early, but it wasn't any big deal. He called and asked if he could deliver the truck and my son told him he was not allowed to leave the base. But the guy was great and he just waited for my son. Sherpa's price was the second to highest quote that we got. The other ones were lower, but they couldn't meet our needs. Sherpa also had $100 rebate which they honored and they've sent it back to us. We were very happy with Sherpa. We will go with them again and we won't even look for another company.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Chris, thanks for choosing Sherpa Auto Transport! We're glad that you got to experience our customer-first mentality when we worked together. Our representatives pride themselves on being the helpful, informative and communicative in the industry.

We can't wait to help you and your family again in the future should you need it!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I ended up going with Sherpa to transport a Toyota vehicle due to their pricing. Everything was clear and straightforward with the customer service reps. The rep, Clinton, helped me ship my car from Florida to Colorado. Everything was set up within a day. I couldn't wait any longer, so I had to make a decision within a day to get things started. The communication with the driver was great. I was updated on when the vehicle will be delivered, which was a couple of hours before the expected time of delivery, so it worked out. The overall cost of the service was good and the transport of the vehicle was within the timeline that they gave me. Everything was good with Sherpa.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

D, thanks for choosing us to ship your car. At Sherpa, your satisfaction is our priority. It's why we promise to keep you updated throughout the process, offer fair pricing and work with only the best carriers available. It's great that you experienced these qualities firsthand when we worked together. Thanks again for working with us. Hopefully, we can assist you again in the future!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

Shipped two vehicles (one van and one convertible) from Florida to Utah. Main contact (Josie) provided excellent service keeping me informed as to the shipment progress and coordinated the entire process. Vehicles arrived on time and in the same condition as when they departed Florida. Jorge (the driver) was courteous and professional. Great job!! Highly recommended.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Richard, thanks for letting us help you ship your two vehicles. We strive to provide the best customer service in the industry so we're glad to hear that you found our representative to be helpful and courteous. Thanks for choosing Sherpa. We hope to help you again in the future!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I bought a low-mileage Audi convertible in Kentucky. I was gonna fly down and drive it to Massachusetts, but I didn't wanna put a thousand miles on it, and so I had a truck back. I called three transport companies and I decided I'd use Sherpa Auto Transport as they were the cheapest. My price was 725, which was great. Also, the girl I talked to seemed nice and wasn't playing games. Even after I made that decision, she told me that they would give me a $100 rebate card. I booked the transport on a Wednesday afternoon and the girl told me that it might take a few days. But then, I got a call from the dealer the next morning and they told me that an auto transport company was picking my car up. I told them that that cannot be as it was gonna be at least a few days, but they told me that the guy has my address and everything matched. So I said, “Well, take the car then, Sherpa Auto Transport.”

That guy subbed the delivery to two guys from Tennessee and those two guys picked the car up in the afternoon. The next morning, the two drivers drove up and told me that they have my car. I thought it was gonna come on a big nine-car carrier truck, but it was just one of those car carriers with three cars. I gave them the cash and they were gone within 5 minutes. I looked up the car for scratches and everything and everything was fine. It has some salt on it as they ran into a storm, but that happens - I wanted a lower price with the open carrier. The whole transport went smoothly and perfectly for me.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

William, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're glad you had a great experience. One way we ensure this happens is by thoroughly vetting all potential drivers. This process enables us to work with only the best in the industry. Thanks for choosing Sherpa. We hope to help you again in the future!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I was moving from New York to California and needs to transport my 2017 Subaru RX for 2700 miles. I looked at a dozen of transport companies but I went with Sherpa for their great reviews. Their quote was above average in terms of what I was expecting to pay, but I was willing to pay extra for quality work. They handled my situation very well and got the car to me ahead of schedule. They brought the car to me because of the way my parking lot is designed in the new apartment. It was a little up the street, but still within a few hundred feet walking distance. The car was dirty when it arrived, but because it was driven across the country. I was very happy with the work they did.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

R, thanks for choosing Sherpa! During your experience, you were able to experience all that sets us apart from the rest - our deep-seated commitment to work hard for our customers by providing them with fair pricing, frequent and courteous communication and a trusted network of drivers.

Just as if you had driven your Subaru the 2,700 it's not unusual for cars to become a little dirty during transit. That's why we offer our Clean Car Guarantee which enables our customers to get a free car wash. We hope that you will take advantage of this program to get your RX a wash!

Thanks again. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I had a car shipped from Washington State to Georgia. I paid a significant amount of money to try to ensure the safety of the new vehicle. However, it arrived late, unloaded in the wrong location, with multiple points of damage including a completely shattered back window. I could not reach their customer service to make a claim and so far I have had to contact my own insurance agency to try to deal with fixing the car. Even worse, the driver could barely communicate with me in English, but he did know how to try bribe me with cash! What a joke of a business. The whole experience was a nightmare. 0/10. Easily the worst commercial transaction I have ever made in my life. To be as polite as possible, I would avoid doing any business with Sherpa.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I was looking for some good transport companies that would transport my BMW 2018 X5 from Chicago to Los Angeles, California. I looked at 10 to 11 companies but Sherpa was 100% confident in assuring a driver for me. The other companies were not confident because it was around the December timeframe where it was Christmas and that it was very difficult to get the drivers. The price was also one factor that made me go with Sherpa. The quote that I was given was really the most appropriate one. I researched online and I found that their price was absolutely fine and they did not charge us a lot.

Their reps were very pleasant in talking and they were respectful. The knowledge they had was the appropriate style. I had a good interaction with them and I really liked the experience. When my car was delivered, it was a little dirty since it was an open carrier but it was totally fine with me. The good thing though about Sherpa was that they also offered me a $30-coupon for a carwash. It was a very good gesture from them. Sherpa was perfect and I can definitely recommend them. It was a kind of a gamble for me, but it was worth taking that risk with them.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Himraj, It means a lot that you chose us to work with us after thoroughly researching the many options available in the marketplace. Our goal is for every customer to feel well-informed and knowledgeable about the auto transport process and confident in their decision to ship with Sherpa. We love hearing that you felt this way while we worked together to move you X5 to LA. Thanks for choosing Sherpa Auto Transport!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Received detailed explanation by telephone representative upon first contact. Emails and follow-up were first rate. Pick-up of my vehicle went smoothly and driver was most courteous and appeared efficient, including the high quality condition of his truck. Delivery at my home also went smoothly and the car arrived in perfect condition. Overall service was excellent.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Dominic, thanks for choosing Sherpa Auto Transport! Responsiveness and honesty are the core principles that guide our business and it’s great to hear that you found us communicative and reliable. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Everything was exactly as promised, the driver was very professional and caring. My car arrived on time (even a little earlier) and very clean. They have a very good post-delivery communication program. Congratulations.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Sergio, thanks for the great review! What you describe, a smooth and stress-free auto transport experience, is what we strive to provide every customer. By communicating frequently, offering transparent pricing and thoroughly vetting our carriers we ensure our customers are satisfied.

Thank you for choosing Sherpa. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I purchased a wrecked vehicle out of Texas and needed it shipped to Utah. I looked at a total of three transport companies and Sherpa Auto Transport had a really good website that led me to give them a call. The gentleman on the phone did a really good job and explained the process and made me really comfortable with the service they provided. He explained everything really well and answered all my questions, and he felt confident that they could ship my car here. The one concern that I had was that they decided that the car wouldn’t be drivable. I was getting my quote and he said they would send somebody out there and fix the car a bit, so that added additional time on getting it to transport. They could’ve just had somebody over there and pick up the car even if it was a non-drivable vehicle to cut down on the amount of time to actually get the vehicle.

The driver was nice. He gave me a call and it was about an hour before he got to where he dropped off the car. He was close to being on time. He was really helpful with getting the car unloaded and he was awesome in everything. It took about three to four days from the time that I called and said I had to pick up the car until the car was delivered. The timeframe was pretty close to the expectations set into place by the original customer service agent. The cost of the transport was good, but they didn’t entirely make it clear why they charged service for $800. They were willing to give a certain dollar rebate with that, but it made it more expensive. They could have not charged it upfront. It seemed odd that you get a $100 off, but then you have to put up an amount. Still, Sherpa did a good job and if I have the opportunity to ship a car again, I’ll definitely use them.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I needed a transport service for work relocation and ended up going with Sherpa because they were available on the date we needed them. Their reps worked with us and they were super accommodating. They were really helpful, gave us all the information we needed and found somebody to get our cars moved within a couple of hours. The entire delivery process exceeded our expectation. The driver met us on time where they were supposed to be. The cars came over and there was nothing wrong with them. They were delivered a day earlier than they said they would. So it was all good. I would recommend using Sherpa.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

My daughter relocated to Atlanta from New York for a new job and she was shipping a Nissan Sentra. I liked the reviews that were given by the previous customer of Sherpa and they were pretty on-point with contacting me and giving me the quote. They were also very nice about offering holiday rebates and opportunity for savings if I went with them. That was very helpful. I spoke with, at least, five people from this company at different times and every last one of them was very helpful and very on-point and above words.

The actual shipper that they put me in contact with was local from the area that my daughter lived in and needed to have her car picked up from. He was helpful also. The only thing that caused a little ripple was the arrival of the vehicle. It was a day late. However, even with that, they were very understanding and accommodating. They reduced the final price because of that inconvenience. They were able to settle any popping issue that we had for the most part. Also, it was a fair cost compared to the other prospects that I looked at. It was a good experience and one that would make me recommend them to anyone else that needed that service. It was good dealing with everything. As long as what was promised to me is delivered, I am totally satisfied.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Afrika, thank you for the great review. We're glad that we were able to assist you in relocating your daughter's Sentra. Due to the fluctuating nature of weather patterns and road conditions, it can be difficult to nail down exact dates regarding vehicle pickup and drop off. We are grateful for your patience and flexibility as we worked together to get your car delivered.

We appreciate you recommending us to others. A referral is the best type of compliment in our eyes!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I had a car in Florida that I needed to be delivered to St. Louis. A dozen companies contacted me with four being in contention. The cost was a factor in the decision, but once I got it down to the final few companies, I looked for reviews. Sherpa's reps were professional, courteous and responsive. Plus, the quote I received was a good initial number and accurate.

Both drivers who came were fine. They picked it up when they said they would and they dropped it off within a day of the delivery date. I wasn’t there for pick-up, but I heard it was fine. The driver for the drop-off was a nice guy. He called in advance and did his job. I was flexible and told him about where it was fine to drop off the car. Anywhere that worked for him was good so he found a spot where it was easy to pull off. There were oil drips on the car and some other debris from cars being above it, but it was just a matter of washing it. I’d definitely recommend them and use them again if I had to move another car.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Thanks for the great review, Kerry! It means a lot that you chose us to work with us after thoroughly researching the many options available in the marketplace. Our goal is for every customer to feel well-informed and knowledgeable about the auto transport process and confident in their decision to ship with Sherpa. We love hearing that you felt this way while we worked together to move to your car to St. Louis.

We're committed to ensuring customer satisfaction. That's why we proudly offer our Clean Car Guarantee which enables you to get your car washed on our dime. We sincerely hope that you will take us up on this offer. Should you have any questions please give us a call!

Thanks again for choosing Sherpa Auto Transport!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I was moving my car a thousand miles from Florida to here. I was reading the different reviews that people were making about other companies, and though Sherpa cost a little more money, they had better reviews and better clientele. The quote was pretty much what the final cost was. I made the deal and they told me when the pickup was coming. The driver that came was a gentleman. I was very happy with the service and I would definitely use them again.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Thank you for the awesome review, Patrick! We’re so glad you enjoyed working with us. We truly care about making sure every auto shipment go as smoothly as possible. Consistent, clear communication and honesty are the foundation of our philosophy. Thank you for choosing Sherpa Auto Transport and we look forward to working with you again in the future!

Sherpa Auto Transport expert review by Lauren Fix

Sherpa Auto Transport is a national automobile transportation company. Sherpa works with a network of nationwide auto moving professionals to offer auto transportation tailored to its clients’ specific needs.

• Service offerings: Sherpa offers a full range of services catered to your auto transport needs. They specialize in accommodating all types of cars, from classic cars to junkers, both operable and inoperable. Whether you’re looking for a local shipment or a long-distance transport, Sherpa will deliver exactly what you need.

• Carrier vetting: Ensuring your vehicle is in the right hands is one of the most important aspects of your transport. Sherpa strictly vets each carrier for quality by leveraging a multitude of review sources and verifying that the carrier has the appropriate federal licenses and insurance coverage.

• Customer-centric: Sherpa has a team of specialists trained to facilitate your auto shipment from pickup to delivery. They keep close tabs on your shipment to ensure that you are informed at every step of the process.

• Free quotes: Sherpa works hard to ensure you receive the most favorable rate for your specific transport. Call Sherpa Auto Transport for a free quote.

• Best for: people who need long-distance or local vehicle transportation, including business fleet owners.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Sherpa Auto Transport questions and answers

Are you a broker or a carrier?
We are an auto transport broker, which means we work with transport companies to ensure your vehicle or fleet is shipped safely and efficiently to its destination.
Do you focus on local or long-distance auto transport?
We customize the type of transport to whatever our clients need. Whether you need your vehicle shipped across the country or down the street, we’ll take care of the details.
Do you transport classic or antique vehicles?
Definitely! We work with enclosed transport trucks that can safely move your luxury or rare vehicle.
What problem is your company trying to solve?
Auto transport is a complex industry, and it can be hard for people to find a reliable company. We’re dedicated to providing our customers with a hassle-free process at an affordable rate, while guiding them every step of the way.
What sets your company apart from the competition?
We started Sherpa Auto Transport after our own negative experiences as auto transport customers. We know first-hand how important it is to feel comfortable with your auto transporter, knowing your vehicles are in good hands. We work hard to treat our customers the same way we want to be treated, and that’s what really sets us apart. It’s that simple.
What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Whether it’s moving a family car cross-country or making sure your classic car arrives at the show unscathed, Sherpa will get the job done in a timely and affordable manner. We also keep you informed every step of the way, so you can rest assured that your vehicle is in good hands.
How do you think the industry will change in the next 2-5 years?
We are excited to see how technology will evolve to play a more pivotal part in how customers, brokers and carriers work together to do business.
How does your company measure success?
We measure success one satisfied customer at a time. To us, this means no matter how big our company gets or what the numbers look like, if our customers aren’t satisfied at the end of the day, we haven’t succeeded. We will go the extra mile to make sure we exceed your expectations.

Sherpa Auto Transport Company Information