Get a Free Quote Learn More
Accredited Partner

Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.84/5
Learn More

Sherpa Auto Transport is an auto transportation provider offering door-to-door shipping, top-notch customer service focused on professional, frequent communication and accurate pricing based on real-time data. When you choose Sherpa you’ll never experience bait-and-switch pricing. With their exclusive Price Lock Promise they’ll tell you how much it will cost to ship your vehicle and stick to it. In an industry rife with false promises and poor communication, Sherpa’s dedication to giving you a smooth and stress-free transport experience extends from the first phone call to after delivery. Contact Sherpa Auto Transport now to get a free and fair full-service auto transport quote backed by their Price Lock Promise.

BOTTOM LINE

Sherpa is dedicated to providing transparent pricing, personable customer service and hassle-free auto transports. Although they require an initial deposit, their Price Lock Promise makes financial sense.

PROS

• Door-to-door shipping
  • Strictly vetted carriers
  • Price Lock Promise
  • Free quote

CONS

• Terminal-to-terminal transport not offered

Top Sherpa Auto Transport Reviews

Sherpa's price, responsiveness and their overall structure made me choose them. Their customer service were responsive, answered the phone, gave me answers and kept me up-to-date. What I paid for was exactly what they quoted.

Sherpa had good reviews and the quote they provided was accurate. Customer service was great and the driver was awesome. Everything was good and it all worked out.

Information from Sherpa on the Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Sherpa’s preferred network of carriers continues to transport vehicles for customers but is taking steps to protect the health of its employees and clients. You can call to secure your shipment. Sherpa encourages customers and transporters to follow all Centers for Disease Control guidelines in regard to COVID-19. Specifically, the company suggests you wipe down and sanitize the following areas of your vehicle upon pickup and delivery: door handles, steering wheel, gear shift and other interior points.

About Sherpa Auto Transport

Sherpa is an auto transporter broker with a focus on transparent pricing and helpful, friendly customer service. They carefully investigate carriers to ensure maximum safety for your vehicle while providing more reliable transportation times. Sherpa specializes in late model vehicles, relocations, snowbird routes and multi-car shipments. They also ship classic automobiles, SUVs, vans, trucks, and even inoperable vehicles. As an added bonus, Sherpa’s Price Lock Promise means you won’t pay more than their initial quote.

Sherpa Auto Transport cost

The average cost to ship a car with Sherpa is about $910, but this can vary based on typical factors, such as type of car, the season of shipment and route taken. The pricing Sherpa offers is based on real-time data. An initial deposit is required to have your vehicle shipped. If you decide to cancel before a carrier is assigned to you, you will only have to pay a $25 dispatch fee; however, if you cancel after a carrier is assigned to you, Sherpa will keep your deposit.

One of Sherpa’s best features is the Price Lock Promise, which means Sherpa will stick to the price they originally quote you. This was born out of the desire among consumers and individuals in the auto transport industry for a more straightforward, clear and honest quote process. Some reviews mention that Sherpa doesn’t necessarily offer the lowest quotes. However, there are several things you can do to mitigate price, such as planning your auto transport well in advance.

Sherpa Auto Transport shipping options

Sherpa offers both local and long-distance transport and is able to ship a wide array of vehicles, including sedans, vans, SUVs and classic cars. Inoperable cars are also accepted. Several discounts are available for snowbird routes, seniors, multi-car transports, repeat customers, students and members of the military. Open and enclosed transport are both options.

Door-to-door shipping is the most commonly offered type of transport with Sherpa, as it tends to be the most convenient option for consumers. Sherpa’s Clean Car Guarantee lets customers make sure their car is sparkling clean, even after a long cross-country trip. After their vehicle has been dropped off, customers can take their car to a car wash, and Sherpa will reimburse them up to $20.

• Local and long-distance transport
  • Ships more than just cars
  • Inoperable and operable cars shipped
  • Discounts available
  • Open and enclosed transport
  • Clean Car Guarantee

Sherpa Auto Transport shipping process

Call Sherpa customer service or fill out an online form to receive a free quote backed by Sherpa’s Price Lock Promise. Sherpa will also give a 2-4 hour pickup window.

Once the vehicle has been picked up, you can call customer service at any time to see the vehicle’s location and estimated time of arrival. Depending on the length of the route and the centrality or remoteness of the pickup and dropoff locations, it can take a day or two all the way up to a few weeks for the vehicle to be delivered. Once the car has been dropped off and checked for damages, make sure to take advantage of the Clean Car Guarantee to make sure your car looks like new.

Do we recommend Sherpa Auto Transport?

We recommend Sherpa for their transparent pricing, highly reviewed customer service and other benefits like the Clean Car Guarantee and variety of discounts. Sherpa’s commitment to clear communication and straightforward pricing has made a difference in the industry, and for this reason, we think they are a good choice for auto transports.

Sherpa Auto Transport Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: March 27, 2020

Out of the 4 companies I researched to transport my Land Rover from Arizona to New York, Sherpa was the only one which was completely upfront with pricing including how much they were being paid. They are not the actual transport company but the broker. That really impressed me. The quote they gave was in line with all other companies. Also, the driver Sherpa got communicated with me. However, their crew delivered the car early and I wasn't ready for it. That kinda inconvenienced me. Still, things could have been completely worse. It was a seamless experience with Sherpa.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 26, 2020

Sherpa was fantastic and outstanding. There was a level of transparency with those guys. They were upfront. They communicated quite a bit. There was no bait-and-switch. What they charged me was the cost. There was no, “We're gonna need additional funding in order to move your vehicle.” I've moved quite a bit and this is easily the best vehicle transport I've had.

Original review: March 23, 2020

I had a Hyundai four-door sedan shipped from Florida to New York through Sherpa. Everybody whom I spoke to there was very professional and courteous. They knew what they were talking about and they were very patient. When Sherpa was trying to locate a driver for me, they found two and the first one they gave was horrendous. They said they were gonna pick up my vehicle on a Wednesday and Wednesday came and went. The Thursday after, I called them and it took five times to call their lady. When she picked up, she was very nasty. That company was feeding me all types of BS. Sherpa was kind enough to reschedule the delivery with somebody else.

The quote I got was cheaper than the final pricing. Also, their transport crew and I met up at the location we were supposed to me at. I was in a rush at the time 'cause I work overnight. Still, the driver was very professional and the lady who was calling all the shots with whom I was speaking to was extremely nice. In the end, I got the vehicle and the driver asked me to look over it to make sure there were no scratches for the bill of lading. The bill of lading was electronic, so he emailed it to me right away, which was awesome.

Original review: March 22, 2020

My parents gave us a vehicle and we had to ship it. I looked on Better Business Bureau and Sherpa didn't have complaints like some of the other companies. The driver they gave us was very personable and so sweet. He spent time talking with my parents and he took a picture with my parents next to the car. My parents called and said, "He's the nicest guy. You'll wanna talk to him forever," and it was true. When he delivered the vehicle he was great. He talked to me and he was not in a hurry. It was a fantastic experience.

Original review: March 21, 2020

I reached out to a few other companies and I ended up going with Sherpa because they offered more coverage for a lower price than others and it was a price lock guarantee. Everything went great. The vehicle was delivered earlier than expected and everybody was super professional and easy to work with.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sherpa Auto Transport?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I was moving across the country, and my wife was uncomfortable with us driving separate cars. So I had a sedan 2003, BMW 325i shipped with Sherpa. I like the price lock thing that they have. I got a quote, and then it wasn't ridiculously high and after that, that was good. I probably would have gone with some of the others if it had been that much more, but I had somebody else quote a little bit less, but it was also unreliable.

The rep of Sherpa was super cool. He was nice and easy to talk to and didn't sound crazy bored. He cared, and he went out of his way to make sure I knew some of the important details that were critical to me and my little excursion. Transparency is important, and it also helped greatly that he explained the process from start to finish. I never felt like I had to call back to ask how something was gonna work. Explaining the process was the best part.

I told them when we were gonna be there, and they were there two days earlier and that sucked. It is what it is, and they have to plan for some extra days. But this was one of those situations where he just happened to be able to blow on through, but I wish it didn't mean that I needed to make other arrangements. The arrangements were done for me mostly, but then I ended up paying via PayPal to a personal account. It was just a weird situation. But ultimately, everybody worked with me and made it happen. By then, it was beyond Sherpa, but I do wish that they have not arrived early. But everything looked the same and pretty much normal with the vehicle.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Thanks for the great review, Addison! We appreciate you being honest about your transport experience. Our goal is for every customer to feel well-informed and knowledgeable about the auto transport process and confident in their decision to ship with Sherpa. We love hearing that you felt this way while we worked together to move your wife's BMW. We're sorry for the inconvenience the early delivery caused. Due to the fluctuating nature of weather patterns and road conditions, it can be difficult to nail down exact dates regarding pickup. We do our best to push our drivers to be as specific as possible regarding timing and appreciate your patience in light of these complexities. Thank you for choosing Sherpa Auto Transport and we look forward to working with you again in the future!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

We needed to relocate a car to a place where we had a garage to keep it. I did quite a bit of research. This transport business is full of people who are difficult to work with because people do not give you the straight information about what is going on and how things are charged and how things are organized. So, I called several companies, and every time, I was learning something new until I finally found out what are the rates, who decides on what, what’s the service the brokers provided, who the brokers are, and all of that stuff. Then after calling about 8 to 10 people, I found out how the system worked. And then, I just took care of myself and negotiated on what I learned and I found that Sherpa Auto Transport was very straightforward. They had a good reputation, which was important to me, and so I decided to go with them.

I was satisfied with the price that was quoted, the way everything went and the way I communicated in particular, which was one of the things I read a lot about people having a hard time to communicate with the company. It all worked out very well for me, so I’m very happy. The broker that I talked with was very nice and answered all my questions. I knew what questions to ask at that point in time and the range that I was willing to accept. I wasn’t looking for getting the absolute cheapest. I was looking for somebody I could trust and that was reputable. I got a decent price on it, but I didn’t know if that was the absolute rock-bottom. But Sherpa's price seemed fair, so I got that. I was happy with it and that person met that price easily, and there were no problems. I had a very good agent.

Our delivery situation was a bit complicated because I’m operating out of North Carolina, but the car was in the suburbs of Atlanta, and it had to be delivered in New Mexico, and I wasn’t there at the delivery. And so, it was all done by phone and there was a bit of a hiccup at the beginning because I was told that the driver would come at a certain time. But we didn’t hear from him, and so I started calling around. And then I finally understood that he was not in Atlanta when I had thought he might be in Atlanta at that time. So, he still had to fill up his truck. When I understood that, I talked to his people at that office, the dispatcher, and they explained that to me. We were very patient. He was supposed to come on a Saturday and he came first thing Monday morning. But we were the last to be loaded on the truck because I was told that it would take four days, and it did. We were the last in and the first out, the way their schedule worked out.

The delivery driver was very good. I got a lot of email information from Sherpa to do this and that, and we did that, took all the pictures and sent them by email to everybody. It was done very well because my son was at the beginning when they loaded it up, so he took a bunch of pictures with his phone and then sent me the pictures. I forwarded them to where the guy was gonna be at the exit, and then he knew what to do. It was an old car, so there were some issues with it, but nothing happened to the car that was Sherpa’s fault.

I was very satisfied Sherpa. I did my homework. I just wished I had learned a couple of things earlier on. For instance, I was concerned about this business of paying in cash at the other end, and nobody thought to tell me all you have to do is just go to your bank and then FedEx the check. It just seemed like a simple thing, but I read a lot of people who were complaining about, “Why do I have to pay in cash? And you have to do this and that.” This worked out very well for me because I just went to my bank once I knew what the amount was, and then I mailed it out. And of course, I learned on the way that some drivers want to be actually paid in cash. But the drivers are selected to be working, so it was made through the company that the driver was driving, which was fine with me. I didn’t know at the beginning. So, Sherpa should tell their brokers to suggest that to people when they don’t know what to do.

Most people don’t understand how the system works, and I think it would be to your advantage to be really above ground. When I started out, I did not understand that the people who I was talking were brokers. I did not understand that you posted the trip on some sort of a board where the drivers are and that you sort out those drivers as they come in according to your criteria. I was not aware of what is Sherpa's commission and what is the commission of the people who drive. But little by little, I learned all of that, the price per mile and shipping. My shipping, I could not have gotten it more than $450. There wouldn’t be any driver who do that. I’ve met all kinds of people on the way. I’ve met some very nice people and some people who were trying to push me into making a decision that I wasn’t ready to make. But not at Sherpa. By the time I reached them, I understood the system well enough that it was smooth sailing at that point in time.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

My wife and I gave our granddaughter a car as a graduation present. The car wasn't much per se as far as a classic vehicle but it was super important that we had to get it to Wisconsin because she was going to college. So, we had to ship the car 1,503 miles from one door to the other door. We looked at 16 different companies and I went to the Better Business Bureau to find the top three. After I went to the top three, I didn't wanna go with the most expensive one nor did I wanna go with the least of the top three. I then put it in prayer and went with number two, which was Sherpa.

And when I spoke to them, I knew that my search was over. I thought I was talking to somebody who was my long-time friend and neighbor. Also, after going through every one of all those 16, they were not as helpful as Sherpa's reps. Since I've never had a car delivered, I didn't even know what questions to ask. So, I asked Sherpa's reps to educate me. Customer service is educating me on the questions that I didn't even know of how to ask and then go from there. And when I got educated, it made me feel even more comfortable for making the decision to go with Sherpa.

The carrier driver's story was unique as well. This wonderful country is made up of immigrants like my parents were and this young man was from the Ukraine. It was gonna be a holiday and I asked him what he was gonna do for the holiday. He said that this country has been so good to him that all he wanted to do was have a cookout with his family and neighbors. And he intended to stay home because of their work ethics. He said that he wants to do everything he can to work hard, save money, and spend family time. The reflection of this young man showed it because I went over there to his cab of the tractor and I saw how immaculate it was as well as the trailer itself. And when he got down and before he took off, he walked around his trailer with a red shop towel and made sure everything was spick and span.

All in all, Sherpa wasn't just an outfit who would be glad to take your money. On the contrary, they were an absolute blessing and I've recommended them to a friend. Other than that, my neighbor's friend came over and said that he has an enclosed trailer that could take our car over there to Wisconsin for us. But I told him that a wonderful company by the name of Sherpa did it for me. When he asked how much I was charged and I told him, he said that he couldn't have even competed with that. But I told him that he didn't even have the reputation to compete. I also said that Sherpa did the transport in no time. They took off on a Saturday morning and Monday morning before 9 o'clock, they were there. The carrier driver said that he knows the area and that my family lives within 50 miles from his house. He even said that he'd have had breakfast before he makes it right there to go drop off the car.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

When I was looking for someone to transport my sedan, I looked in the reviews of Sherpa at different places and most of the time, they had really good reviews at one place and crappy ones in other places so that made me think that something was fishy. There were only two companies that had good reviews across all the platforms that I researched and the way they both operated was slightly differently. But the person I spoke to in Sherpa seemed more honest and transparent than the other person from the other company so I decided to go with Sherpa.

I called Sherpa and told them that I wanted to ship to the West Coast. I asked them to give the estimate and they did. It was pretty simple and straightforward. I also asked the rep about why these different companies operate differently. Other companies had promised me that if I pay some extra, they'll give me a guarantee about the rate, of pick up and all those things. But the Sherpa rep said that this will never happen. He seemed more honest and forthcoming. I only spoke to him once but he convinced me enough that I went for it.

They then gave me a 1,500 quote which was slightly more than the 1,100 quote of another company. The other company said they were gonna give out the bid to other dirvers and see if it sticks. If it doesn't, they'll go up and up and everything will be done by 1,500 because that was a fair market price. Sherpa starts at 1,500 and they'll go up till somebody selects it. The rep said that if somebody is paying a driver 1,200 and they get another offer for 1,500, they will drop the 1,200 offer and I will end up at the last moment looking for someone who will drive my car. So I paid slighly higher for the sense of security that I know my car will be shipped and will be delivered.

For the most part, everything was okay but the driver kept on postponing the time when he'll come and pick it up. In the end, my cousin had to spoil his day and dropped my car. He was pretty accurate on time. The rep told me that when my cousin drops my car off, he will be given a bill. He asked me to make sure my cousin takes a picture of it and send the picture over. I will need that picture to get my car. But my cousin said he never got anything and when I asked for that piece of paper, they said they would email him but they did not.

The Hot Wheels transport company did not give the bill and that made me a little bit worried for some time. Drivers can give me an estimate but they never show up on time. That I understand and I don't blame them for that. But they should change the fact that I didn't have any receipt that they had my car. I told them that as well. They probably don't think it's a big deal but for someone who is giving their car away, they don't know if they'll ever get the car back. I knew that they won't run away with my car and I had Sherpa behind my back. If something would've happened, I would call them. Fortunately, the driver did show up with my car and everything was fine but the part that I was not given a receipt was not good. Other than that, people were really good. In fact, I recommended Sherpa to a couple of people.

Original review: June 26, 2019

I needed to send a car from California to my daughter in New York. I looked at about 3 companies and went with Sherpa because the reviews were good. I liked the price-lock guarantee and that’s the main reason I went with them. The driver was supposed to pick up the car at my apartment in San Francisco. He said he couldn’t come to San Francisco because of the size of his truck so I had to go meet him at a truck stop outside San Francisco. I got there about 15 minutes before he got there. There was somebody else waiting for him, and they needed to have their car moved, too. So, he attended to them, and after that he attended to me. He was a nice guy.

The car got to New York earlier. They couldn’t go to Staten Island and said they would meet my daughter at Newark. My daughter went there at the time the driver said he was gonna be there but he did not show up. She ended up waiting at the mall for almost 4 hours and missed class before the driver finally showed up. Their cost was expensive, but Sherpa did it. I may have gotten it cheaper somewhere else. As a matter of fact, I had moved a car from Denver to Indiana. I used a company somewhere in Florida, and I was very happy with that. I had wanted to use them this time and I called them. They gave me a cheaper quote than Sherpa. They had the vehicle for two weeks, but they couldn’t find a driver.

In the car-moving business, most of them will give you a quote and tell you that first of all, the time and the price are not guaranteed. It’s all within a framework. If they had told me, “Hey, he’s not gonna come to your apartment in San Francisco,” I would understand that. If they had told me that, “Hey, he’s not gonna to Staten Island,” I would understand that too. But the rep at Sherpa answered all my questions. He sent me a quote which I reviewed and liked. It took me some time to get back to him, but the book was guaranteed. The carrier ended up charging more and Sherpa did not charge me anymore. I did not pay anything upfront and Sherpa just dealt with the carrier directly. That was very honorable of them.

On top of that, they gave me a rebate because I’m a civil servant and my daughter is a student. I got $100 Visa gift card sent to me after the fact. I would use Sherpa again. They were all good. They were better than anybody else that I had talked to. In fact, I was gonna use them again for another car but we ended up not moving the car.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Albie, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! The situation you describe in your review - a customer is told that a car can ship for far lower than the market demands - is exactly what Sherpa is committed to not doing. We promise to always be upfront about how our pricing is calculated. That’s why we proudly offer our Price Lock Promise which makes sure that your car gets delivered for the price we quoted, even if we have to dig into our own pockets to make that happen.

We're so glad that you had a positive experience working with us. Thank you for choosing Sherpa Auto Transport and we look forward to working with you again in the future!

Sherpa Auto Transport Q&A

Is Sherpa a broker or a carrier?
    Sherpa is an auto transport broker, which means they work with a preferred network of transport companies to ensure your vehicle or fleet is shipped safely and efficiently to its destination.
    Does Sherpa focus on local or long-distance auto transport?
    Sherpa customizes the type of transport to whatever their clients need. Whether you need your vehicle shipped across the country or down the street, they’ll take care of the details.
    Does Sherpa transport classic or antique vehicles?
    Definitely! Sherpa works with enclosed transport trucks that can safely move your luxury or rare vehicle.
    What problem is Sherpa trying to solve?
    Auto transport is a complex industry, and it can be hard for people to find a reliable company. They’re dedicated to providing their customers with a hassle-free process at an affordable rate with no bait-and-switch pricing backed by our Price Lock Promise, while guiding them with clear communication every step of the way.
    What sets Sherpa company apart from the competition?
    Their Price Lock Promise is unheard of in this industry. Too often they hear from customers that they have been told by other companies their vehicle can be shipped at an unrealistically low price - only to discover their vehicle was never picked up or they were asked again and again to increase their price. At Sherpa, they do things differently. With their Price Lock Promise they’ll provide you with one quote and stick to it. The amount that quote you is the amount you’ll pay. It’s that simple.
    What needs does Sherpa’s products or services fulfill, and how do they fulfill those needs better than their competition?
    Whether it’s moving a family car cross-country or making sure your classic car arrives at the show unscathed, Sherpa will get the job done in a timely and affordable manner. Communication is their priority. Sherpa always want their customers to feel informed every step of the way. By updating you frequently throughout the process you can rest assured that your vehicle is in good hands. They’re also committed to finding solutions to potential challenges their customers may face. Examples of this include our Price Lock Promise and their Clean Car Guarantee which enables customers to get their car washed after delivery with us footing the bill.
    How does Sherpa think the industry will change in the next 2-5 years?
    Sherpa is excited to see how technology will evolve to play a more pivotal part in how customers, brokers and carriers work together to do business.
    How does Sherpa measure success?
    Sherpa measures success one satisfied customer at a time. To them, this means no matter how big their company gets or what the numbers look like, if their customers aren’t satisfied at the end of the day, they haven’t succeeded. Sherpa will go the extra mile to make sure they exceed your expectations.

Sherpa Auto Transport Company Information

2017
    5605 Carnegie Boulevard Suite 250
    Charlotte
    NC
    sherpaautotransport.com

Get the news you need delivered to you

Sign up to receive our free weekly newsletter. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.

You’re signed up

We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.