Call toll free
4.86/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Sherpa Auto Transport is an auto transportation provider offering door-to-door shipping, top-notch customer service focused on professional, frequent communication and accurate pricing based on real-time data. When you choose Sherpa you’ll never experience bait-and-switch pricing. With their exclusive Price Lock Promise they’ll tell you how much it will cost to ship your vehicle and stick to it. In an industry rife with false promises and poor communication, Sherpa’s dedication to giving you a smooth and stress-free transport experience extends from the first phone call to after delivery. Contact Sherpa Auto Transport now to get a free and fair full-service auto transport quote backed by their Price Lock Promise.

BOTTOM LINE

Sherpa is dedicated to providing transparent pricing, personable customer service and hassle-free auto transports. Although they require an initial deposit, their Price Lock Promise makes financial sense.

PROS

• Door-to-door shipping
  • Strictly vetted carriers
  • Price Lock Promise
  • Free quote

CONS

• Terminal-to-terminal transport not offered

Top Sherpa Auto Transport Reviews

04/09/2019

Sherpa's price, responsiveness and their overall structure made me choose them. Their customer service were responsive, answered the phone, gave me answers and kept me up-to-date. What I paid for was exactly what they quoted.

04/23/2019

Sherpa had good reviews and the quote they provided was accurate. Customer service was great and the driver was awesome. Everything was good and it all worked out.

About Sherpa Auto Transport

Sherpa is an auto transporter broker with a focus on transparent pricing and helpful, friendly customer service. They carefully investigate carriers to ensure maximum safety for your vehicle while providing more reliable transportation times. Sherpa specializes in late model vehicles, relocations, snowbird routes and multi-car shipments. They also ship classic automobiles, SUVs, vans, trucks, and even inoperable vehicles. As an added bonus, Sherpa’s Price Lock Promise means you won’t pay more than their initial quote.

Sherpa Auto Transport cost

The average cost to ship a car with Sherpa is about $910, but this can vary based on typical factors, such as type of car, the season of shipment and route taken. The pricing Sherpa offers is based on real-time data. An initial deposit is required to have your vehicle shipped. If you decide to cancel before a carrier is assigned to you, you will only have to pay a $25 dispatch fee; however, if you cancel after a carrier is assigned to you, Sherpa will keep your deposit.

One of Sherpa’s best features is the Price Lock Promise, which means Sherpa will stick to the price they originally quote you. This was born out of the desire among consumers and individuals in the auto transport industry for a more straightforward, clear and honest quote process. Some reviews mention that Sherpa doesn’t necessarily offer the lowest quotes. However, there are several things you can do to mitigate price, such as planning your auto transport well in advance.

Sherpa Auto Transport shipping options

Sherpa offers both local and long-distance transport and is able to ship a wide array of vehicles, including sedans, vans, SUVs and classic cars. Inoperable cars are also accepted. Several discounts are available for snowbird routes, seniors, multi-car transports, repeat customers, students and members of the military. Open and enclosed transport are both options.

Door-to-door shipping is the most commonly offered type of transport with Sherpa, as it tends to be the most convenient option for consumers. Sherpa’s Clean Car Guarantee lets customers make sure their car is sparkling clean, even after a long cross-country trip. After their vehicle has been dropped off, customers can take their car to a car wash, and Sherpa will reimburse them up to $20.

• Local and long-distance transport
  • Ships more than just cars
  • Inoperable and operable cars shipped
  • Discounts available
  • Open and enclosed transport
  • Clean Car Guarantee

Sherpa Auto Transport shipping process

Call Sherpa customer service or fill out an online form to receive a free quote backed by Sherpa’s Price Lock Promise. Sherpa will also give a 2-4 hour pickup window.

Once the vehicle has been picked up, you can call customer service at any time to see the vehicle’s location and estimated time of arrival. Depending on the length of the route and the centrality or remoteness of the pickup and dropoff locations, it can take a day or two all the way up to a few weeks for the vehicle to be delivered. Once the car has been dropped off and checked for damages, make sure to take advantage of the Clean Car Guarantee to make sure your car looks like new.

Do we recommend Sherpa Auto Transport?

We recommend Sherpa for their transparent pricing, highly reviewed customer service and other benefits like the Clean Car Guarantee and variety of discounts. Sherpa’s commitment to clear communication and straightforward pricing has made a difference in the industry, and for this reason, we think they are a good choice for auto transports.

583 Sherpa Auto Transport Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I’m in Colorado and I had my car shipped to Arizona. I have a show quality car so I didn’t want to drive it out there. I looked at 3 shipping companies and the pictures that Sherpa showed online were very clean and nice trucks. But I didn’t realize at that time that what they do is they lease those rides out which is fine with me. It looked like they had good transport services so I went with Sherpa.

Their customer service reps were very professional. They explained to me and kept their words. They asked me what I wanted, what my needs were, and they did a good job on it. I said the car had to go out on a Sunday or a Monday. Those were the only days I could really have it delivered, and I’d like to have it go out on the 8th of the month, which was three weeks ahead of time. They said they didn't see any problem with that. However, a day or so before that they said they were having a little trouble getting somebody to transport that out, but they were sure they would be able to accommodate me. Sure enough they called me on the morning of the 8th and said they had a transporter that was gonna be over there, and that he would call me in a few minutes.

I took the car over to the driver because he couldn’t get that 72-quarter in the area where I live, which I understand. He delivered it on time in Colorado, which I’m very happy with. However, when my brother had looked over the car he said it was covered with sand and the it must’ve went through a snowstorm as the driver was delivering it. I was kinda concerned when the driver picked up the car because all those eight tires that were underneath didn't have mud flaps over the top. The driver said he was gonna put it midway, with another car in front of it. He said the car he was putting in front doesn’t run. I told him I asked for a spot on the top but I haven’t been there to inspect it. Evidently, the vehicle was on the bottom level which is elementary to me, as long as it didn’t get any scratches on it. Somebody had already called me and said that they pay for the cars to be washed and I just needed to send the receipt.

Sherpa was right on the ball. They told me what the price would be and they didn’t waver from that. The only difference they did, which was fine with me, was that they said instead of us getting $250, we were gonna take $225. I would have to give the driver, instead of $400, $425 and that was what transpired. We gave the driver the $425 in cash. He gave a receipt to my brother and my sister who were there to receive the car. The cost was awesome. Sherpa did a good job and I would recommend them to anybody.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

We relocated from the West Coast to the East Coast with two vehicles, so we needed to use a transport service. Sherpa Auto Transport transported one from Mountain View, California to Boston and the second one was from Salt Lake City to Green Bay, Wisconsin. We were supposed to drive across the country, but our trip was interrupted by a death in the family. Sherpa arranged the transport in 24 hours and picked the car up in Salt Lake City at the hotel. We went to the funeral and the car met us in Green Bay a few days later.

I had originally booked with another company two months in advance, but on the day of the transport, they were nowhere to be found. We had already paid them and they had assigned a driver. The driver called me on the day of the pick up and said that he was not scheduled to be there for two more days. We were flying out to drop our son off at college, so we were stuck. They said not to worry and that they would take care of it. They notified us the next day that they had picked the vehicle up. We got home two days later and found that the car in the driveway had not been picked up. The driver told me that he was gonna pick it up first thing in the morning and when I called back the next morning, I said that the car was still on the driveway, but the driver reported that he picked it up an hour ago. That company was a disaster.

I called Sherpa because they had such a high review. They arranged the transport on the same day on an emergency basis, got a driver, and picked the car up and took it to Boston. That bailed us out of a bad situation and it went well. They kept us informed. We couldn’t even get the other company to answer the phone, but Sherpa always answered the phone and they always knew where the car was and gave us updates. I dealt with a different person for each of the transport. After we shipped the first car, we had a second car and we were driving that one across the country a week later. We got on the road, but five days into the trip, my wife’s mother died in Wisconsin, so we had to interrupt the trip and we dealt with another Sherpa person who picked the car up and arranged it all. They took the problem out of our hands and solved it. They bailed us out twice in a row, two weeks apart.

There were two separate women who did a phenomenal job and they did the moves on an emergency basis for the same price that was my original quote from the other company. They felt bad for my situation with my mother-in-law and they gave me a $50 discount. The cost was great and finding a driver on two occasions in a day was phenomenal. I had moved vehicles across the country before over my career and this was the easiest move that I have done. Everything happened flawlessly.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I moved and needed to have my Dodge Dakota transported for roughly 200 miles. I had about 10 companies that I looked at and given my experiences in the past with unsatisfactory service, I did some research on what was the best route. I wound up going to the consumer website I trusted and knowing that any company that has to be aligned with this process should have a good reputation and provide good service, I took a leap of faith with Sherpa Auto Transport and I was not disappointed. When I got a hold of them, I didn’t feel like I had someone who was trying to scam me, as often happens when anybody gets on the phone with one of these companies.

The rep walked me through the process and asked me what were my concerns, like if I had to rush. He then asked me to look over the estimate, told me the procedure for charging a car, the reason for asking for a car. Everything seemed very reputable and when they said they were gonna do something, everything went as they said. And so, I really appreciated that and I felt very comfortable moving forward with them. Also, the quote Sherpa provided was in line with what I had gathered. Often times, upon delivery, transport companies demand customers to pay more than what was quoted or they’ll damage the vehicle. But Sherpa was straightforward. Their price wasn't the cheapest but it’s money well spent. They were on point every step of the way.

Then, with the truck being in another state, I had to make arrangements with some folks where the truck was. I got contacted by the driver Sherpa got when he was about to pick up the truck and made sure I had his number. If I had any questions, I could contact him along the way. He wanted to let me know that he picked it up and he was headed on his way and he’d be there as quickly as possible. There were things that he needed to do so he gave me a window estimate for the delivery and I even received an update from him as well. He also called to double-check my address and ask very, very good questions. He asked if there was anything he should be concerned about the house, or if it was a business, and wanted to make sure that when he delivers the vehicle it was in an appropriate spot where I needed it to be. Also, because of the big rig, he was making sure there was no issue for him getting his truck in or out.

On the date of delivery, which was around 3 days after I began the process, he called me up to let me know about how long it would be that day. He also called when he was about five minutes away then he drove right up to my house. I met him outside and he stepped out, asked the person by name, shook my hand and then he introduced himself. He unloaded the truck and asked me to look it over, which I did and it was just how I left it, so I then made the payment. Every step of the way, the driver was very professional. He was a great guy and exceeded my expectations.

Sherpa earned every penny that I paid and I’d gladly do it again. I will also be telling all my friends to go this route. They treated me like they respected me. Everything was great; from the quality of the people who helped me, to taking delivery of the vehicle as well as the amount of time it took from the estimate to the delivery of the truck.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I was heading back to California from Newport and instead of having to drive the long and difficult route, I decided to ship my vehicle. I talked to Sherpa on the phone and they had the best rate package compared to most of the other companies. They had good reviews too. We had agreed on a pickup window between June 7th and 10th, and I thought I'd receive a call from the driver on the day. But when the window came near, I didn't receive any contact from Sherpa on a status. I hadn't heard from the driver either. So I called and asked Sherpa what was going on. They explained the process and basically, they put the contract up on the market and drivers bid on it. But there was no driver assigned yet and I got the impression that they didn’t work on it right away.

The car was actually picked up a few days after our window and that upset me a little bit because I wasn’t sure if I was gonna make time. I was flying out of the country for a few days so I wanted to make sure the car arrived before I was gonna leave the country. But Sherpa did a good job afterwards and it all worked out. After I expressed my concerns, they stayed in contact with me through the phone and made sure to give me updates on the driver.

When they got a driver, they relayed the potential times of the drop off window here in California. They expressed that it might be past the day that I leave so we coordinated. A friend of mine here could received it in my stead and they said they would work with my friend and make sure the vehicle got delivered. But we didn’t have to deal with any of that because I actually arrived well ahead of my car.

I picked out the address to meet the driver and it was a wide open road. I knew it's hard to make turns with those trucks. The driver got off the highway to get into that area but it was tight and the truck was heavy so he couldn’t go down certain roads. So he stopped and pulled over a side of the road in another area. He was about five blocks down on a different road and he called me. I drove down there to meet up with him and it wasn’t bad. The vehicle was in good condition and the driver went through the walkthrough after he delivered.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Hi Daniel. We’re glad that everything worked out in the end with your shipment and we regret that there was a delay in your pickup. We work diligently to find you a high quality driver that meets our strict standards but sometimes this is a difficult task depending on the current supply of drivers in the area and desirability of the route. While we’re confident we would not have been able to do anything differently to expedite your pickup, we do think we could have been more communicative in the days leading up to make you aware of the situation. We have already implemented changes to our work process to account for this great feedback.

Thank you for choosing Sherpa Auto Transport. We really appreciate your business and should you need another shipment in the future, we look forward to helping you out!

Original review: July 1, 2018

My Honda Odyssey minivan was shipped 2,700 miles. I looked into 3 companies and there were a couple that were lower in cost than Sherpa but my concern about moving my vehicle that far was if something happened. What I read on a lot of companies, was when they had problems with their vehicle and they called the brokerage company, the company pretty much said, "We got it from point A to point B." So it was so bad. But with Sherpa, I had a lot of people say that even when they were having problems Sherpa at least worked with them through it.

The customer service has been lost in this nation of ours over the years but Sherpa stayed with it. Every time I called or emailed, I get a response within a day. They have a very friendly staff. The only thing that was not good is their ability to manage my case. When I was asking for the driver so I can get a hold of him up to about a week I still had not gotten any confirmation about it which I had to constantly call them. They were very friendly about it but they were saying, "It's high peak and we normally don't get the driver sent until a week out."

When I first scheduled it that was months out and as we got closer somehow I became a lower priority. They had made a mistake of waiting a little bit too long and it became a little more expensive for the drivers. I didn't want to pay the brokerage fee because they would have taken that to pay for the driver. So in innocence, I wanted to pay them the same amount that I would have, had everything been on time. They made a confusion on the dates but they made up for it. After everything went through the transport took eight days. The pickup and the drop off went fine. So my only complaint was they missed the timeline of picking my car up and dropping it off. And they have to fix that problem before I use them again. But overall, I'm happy with the experience and I would recommend them.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Hey John. Thank you for deciding to use Sherpa Auto Transport to transport your Odyssey! We’re glad you chose us because of our stellar customer service. Here at Sherpa we are dedicated to guiding our customers through every step of the auto transport process. This starts on our initial phone calls where we explain exactly how the auto transport process works and ends with a follow up post delivery to make sure everything went as planned.

We regret that there was confusion regarding your move date. Based on your valuable feedback, we have implemented changes to our internal processes to make sure that this doesn’t happen again to you, or any of other customers. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We hope we have the opportunity to guide you through another transport in the future!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sherpa Auto Transport?

Original review: June 22, 2019

We shipped our nearly new car from Albuquerque to Spearfish, SD. I was a bit concerned, but it came thru in flying colors with no damage and on time. The service was great and the price very reasonable.

Original review: June 20, 2019

My son's car at the college died and we needed to get it fixed. We bought it back from him so he could get a new car, and we had it shipped through Sherpa Auto Transport from Virginia to Louisiana. They gave a good quote and it was accurate to the final cost. It was a good deal. I was having the car delivered to my mechanic and the driver kept in touch with him. The transport took two days and they were there right when they said they would be, and they were in and out really quick.

Original review: June 19, 2019

I was moving and I had to transport my vehicle for about 1,600 miles. I looked at auto shipping companies and Sherpa had really good reviews. Their reps were really good. Any time I had a question, they responded back within 24 hours. The quote they gave me was fair and it ended up close to the final cost. The transport did not take more than three days and they delivered it right to the place I that needed it three days ahead of time. It was really good.

Original review: June 18, 2019

First time to ship an automobile in my life. Looking for excellent rating from BBB. Took a while to research because I want a reliable, honest company. Found Sherpa with A+ rating. Talked to a guy name Shane. Made me feel very relax because He is too friendly, courteous, well experience and very confident which made me feel comfortable during transaction.

It didn’t take me too long to get my date I wanted to sent my car from Crestview, Florida to Denver Colorado. I gave Shane the date May 23rd I asked for and the driver arrived on that day I asked for. The dispatcher from the company assigned for me were incredible, the lady dispatcher were on top of informing me on date when the driver will come to pick my car. Also I’ve been receiving email from Sherpa information about facts what to expect during the time I will get the car till it arrived to my son's place. The drivers they hired were so experienced and courteous as well as the dispatcher. I asked the driver if I can put a little gift to my daughter in the trunk and it arrived safely. It took only 2 days to reach the destination as stated by Shane and the sweet drivers. Shane said the price of my shipment is about $1,550 and because I am in military dependent I think I got $50.00 dollars refund.

I would say that this Sherpa company is really true, honest to what they say, no hidden fees when my son paid the rest I owed to them, they even offered 20.00 dollars free washing that I did not expect but I just didn’t use it cuz I prefer my son to wash it???? I am real customer not hired phony one. Just like anybody out there who is afraid to be rip off or have bad experience from auto shipping I would gladly says that I am fortunate, blessed to find an excellent service and right freight company to transport my car.

My car is one of the investment I need to make sure being taken care of and arrive safely and no damage and with the price I got is equal to peace of mind I got after knowing it took only 2 days and it was received by my son safely with no damage and the company they hire are also well experience. Ask for Shane the guy who do transaction with me. He's really nice, sweet person. Thank you and God Bless for job well done. I highly recommend them as a broker company. They do excellent job????

Original review: June 18, 2019

Great experience! From the initial contact to the end... it was professional but friendly. Emil from ** was a great guy... Pick up in our neighborhood was easy and the drop off worked great at a neighborhood lot. No problems with the car at all! You guys rock! Thank you!!

Original review: June 18, 2019

The customer service was amazing! This was the first time I was transporting my car, and they answered all my questions! Very good customer service and very accommodating to my needs! Will definitely recommend to a friend.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I had Crimson as my rep and she was very patient and helpful. I was hooked up with **. It was delivered very fast IA to CA within two days! The driver was very nice but was late for both pickup and delivery, but I wasn't too upset because it was raining on the pick up day and I live in the very rural countryside and SoCal traffic can mess things up. Why I say it exceeded the expectations-- auto transport could be notorious tbh, so considering that, I would say my experience with my car shipping was pretty decent.

Original review: June 18, 2019

Very polite, helpful staff. I talked with numerous companies before them that did not inspire confidence (I’m really picky about my car). Their quote was very reasonable, and lower than the competition. One downside was they were not able to find a truck until a day or two before I needed my car shipped, which had me a little nervous. But I also required an enclosed transport with a lift gate rather than ramps, so I’m sure that vastly narrowed their options. The driver they selected was extremely friendly and professional, he contacted me throughout his drive to provide me with updates. I’m in the military and have moved a lot, including shipping this car overseas and back (the military shipped my other car). So, I’ve dealt with my fair share of brokers and shipping companies. I plan on using this one again, and would recommend them.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I was buying a new car and I did some research. Sherpa had good reviews. They transported the car 1,200 miles and the delivery was within the time period they said. So, that worked out well. The quote, which was very competitive, was the exact final cost of the service. Everything was great with the experience.

Original review: June 15, 2019

I shipped my daughter's 2016 Buick Encore back cross-country through Sherpa. The quote I got was good and since Tesla was gobbling up a lot of the transportation to get some cars across the country, I threw another 2 or 300 bucks to move up closer to the front of the line. Their rep Kelsey provided excellent customer service and everybody kept in contact with me. The Buick got from point A to point B with no damage. I'd use Sherpa's service again.

Original review: June 14, 2019

I purchased a car and I needed to have it transported from Philadelphia to me in North Alabama. I got two other quotes, and Sherpa was the most reasonable for me and the final price was exactly what they quoted me. My problem was where I was having it delivered and where I was having it picked up. It was in a very rural area in Pennsylvania and that was hard for them to get to. And it was heading in the wrong direction. Sherpa kept assuring me that they would find a transporter for my car.

We needed to have it delivered by a Sunday because we were leaving to go to Russia on a Wednesday. I called Sherpa a week and a half before the car had to be delivered. Then it goes up on a board, and whoever wants to take that particular transport, they’re the ones that contact Sherpa and they line it up. It took until the very day before that Sherpa was able to find someone. They ended up making a deal that was very hard for someone to refuse and the transporter got the lion’s share of the money. Also, the initial transporter showed up with a trailer that did not work for my car, so they hired someone else. So it took a little bit longer to get here. Other than that, I got good service out of Sherpa and I would highly recommend them.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I used Sherpa to transport a vehicle I bought and the only problem I encountered was I sent an email out trying to figure out if there was a $50 rebate for North Carolina residents. And it took a while to figure out what to do to get that $50 rebate since no information was provided at the time that I scheduled. It was just said that there was a $50 rebate. But other than that the delivery went fine. The contractor helped take off the vehicle out of his trailer and put it where I needed it. It was fine.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I loved Sherpa and I liked the price. It was my first time using them and I'm going to use them again once my lease is over. There was a lady who I dealt with and she was so professional. The guys were like a salesman telling me what to use. They cannot be doing that. They should let the customer decide which company to use. There was a guy who was very rude and I reported him.

The driver was awesome. He called three times telling me where he was. He was so smiley. With all that driving, he wasn’t even stressed out. By the time I was gonna go to the bank, he was in the parking lot where my hotel was. I was gonna give him a $50 tip and he said, “Oh, no, no. It’s okay. I make decent money.” He was such a gentleman and I wish I’d get him again. My car was clean when it got to the truck, but when he got to Texas it was dirty because it rained along the way. But I didn’t mind. The delivery was on time and everything was awesome. Sherpa is the best.

Original review: June 11, 2019

My experience with Sherpa went fine. They transported a 2015 Subaru from New York to California which took about a week. They found the transport truck and then everything was taken care of from there. The vehicle showed up in one piece. There was no damage or anything. The driver was good. The only thing is the dispatcher told me he was gonna be there one day, and then when I actually gave it to the guy, he said, “Well, I’m gonna be there in a couple days earlier than that.” But it worked out in the end.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I was moving and I didn’t wanna drive my vehicle as far as I had to, from Pennsylvania to Florida. Sherpa had good reviews and I went with them. They had my vehicle shipped but it arrived two days late and I had nothing here to ride. The driver was telling me that he couldn’t deliver it because he was running out of his DOT time. I also received an email that said when my vehicle was delivered, a carwash was on them. My truck arrived around the 21st of May and I've sent the receipt to the offices but I’ve yet to see a credit on my credit card like I was told I would. When my truck arrived, there was also a ding from a rock or something that flipped up at it and scratched it. But the owner took $50 off my bill for that.

Original review: June 9, 2019

I was getting out of the military and I needed to ship one of my cars, a Kia Sorento, from Washington to North Carolina. The guy I talked to at Sherpa explained stuff in detail and then when I asked him what the difference was between the cargo with them for their price and then somebody who was saying they could do it for $1,200, when he broke that down, he made it make sense. I always believe that you get what you pay for. Sherpa's price was a little higher than the rest of them but now that I know what I know, I’d rather go with the higher quote and then make sure I get the service. I want this rather than going with a cheaper quote and then standing there, worried if my car is even gonna get there on time.

The end result was even better too, because he had said it could take 7 to 10 days but the driver got there in 5 days. My wife got the delivery of the vehicle and everything was fine. The driver was super quick too. When we had taken the car to put it on the truck, it was raining. He came out and steered everything pretty quickly. It was in and out and then he signed the papers and we left.

Original review: June 8, 2019

I went to the phone, talked to the agent and everything went really smooth. They were very responsive and I was very satisfied with them. I like the price too. It’s pretty fair. I got Sherpa from ConsumerAffairs' website and my experience lined up with what I read.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I was shipping the vehicle from Lake Charles to California, Stockton and Sherpa responded to an email that I requested. They gave me a quote and it was a done deal. I paid the amount that they gave me and there were no cut corners. The rep took the vehicle on Wednesday and I got it on Sunday. It was a good experience and I would recommend Sherpa to a friend.

Original review: June 5, 2019

I needed to transport a car and I looked at probably 10 different companies. I chose Sherpa because of the combination of the price and it looked like it had good reviews and good quality. We had some email and phone call exchanges, and they were always really helpful about what my options on dates were and what the process could be. They picked it up at my place and dropped it off at the address I gave them. The driver called me when they were 30 minutes away and was right here when I expected it to be. He shot me straight as to what the process entailed, so I had no concerns. The quote provided was exactly accurate as to what I ended up paying. Sherpa met my expectations.

Original review: June 4, 2019

We’ve sent 10 or 15 cars, and we’ve used Sherpa because they do a good job and they’re reasonable. I’ve also gotten quotes from other people in the past and Sherpa was cheaper. So I think their quotes were fair. The first time was perfect and then this year, my son was giving me a truck and that he was sending out here. The distance was about 2,200 miles. It took a long time to get a driver, about a week longer than it was supposed to, but I don’t think it was Sherpa's fault. And once they finally found someone, it was three days from the time the truck was picked up until it was delivered. It was real good. He couldn’t have done it any better. He must’ve driven straight here. I haven't gotten my carwash money back yet. But that aside, as far as my interaction with Sherpa's reps, it's all good.

Original review: May 30, 2019

All of my interactions with Sherpa were pleasant, and everything was conducted quickly and professionally. Although I did have some confusion and issues with the particular freighter company that was assigned to me, Sherpa assured me that everything would be taken care of and helped me communicate with the freighter company when I was unable to contact the freighter and truck driver directly. I paid more than I would have with a different broker, but I think that the service that I received by using Sherpa was worth the price.

Original review: May 30, 2019

Sherpa did a great job when I was moving from California to Massachusetts. I spoke to a couple of people locally in California that have used them and everybody seemed to be very satisfied with the service. I called them and we arranged the transport. They were highly professional. They picked up on time. They did everything they said they were going to do. They delivered on time. They gave a window of 7 to 10 days, and they delivered on the 8th or 9th day. There was no damage whatsoever to the vehicle. I’ve recommended them to our company for any of our people that are gonna move nationally.

Original review: May 29, 2019

I was relocating and I transported my vehicle about 2,000 miles. This was our first time doing this and when you’re shipping your vehicle, you’re handing over the key to one of your most valuable assets. I'm not sure where it’s gonna end up. So walking through a lot of the questions that I had initially and how Sherpa was going to accomplish it, and then making sure I felt comfortable with the service that they were providing was really key for me. Other than that, it was also keeping to the timetable. Sherpa kept me up to date on what to do prior to the transporter coming as well as what to expect while the car was in transport. The constant communication was really key for me as well. I decided to go with Sherpa based on the comfort level I had in talking with them, the reviews and the information that I found on their website.

The expectations that were set were highly accurate. They gave a date range on the delivery and it actually came at the earlier part of that date range, which was really nice. From the pickup time to the drop off, it was less than a week and when my vehicle arrived, it was in great shape. Being in an open transport and weather, it was a little bit dirty but Sherpa provided a free carwash upon delivery as well. The quote was also highly competitive. It was a little bit more than a few of the other carriers that I looked at but the comfort level that Sherpa provided me made that little bit extra worthwhile. It was also much cheaper than driving across the country. I’ve already recommended Sherpa and I would use them again.

Original review: May 25, 2019

Everything was as described. Car was scheduled promptly and met our time schedule. It was delivered in excellent condition. We were kept informed. Only thing to bring up is we were told about a refund for a car wash and since our son was a college student we would receive a $100.00 credit. We have not received either one.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Thanks for choosing Sherpa Auto Transport! We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We enjoyed helping you ship your vehicle and are glad that you got to experience what sets Sherpa apart from the rest - transparent pricing backed by our Price Lock Promise, clear communication and thorough carrier vetting process to get you the best carrier.

We have received your requests for the Clean Car Guarantee and Sherpa rebate and are processing them now. You should receive your credit early next week. Thanks for your patience!

Original review: May 24, 2019

I had a car transported from Austin TX to Atlanta GA. I was very happy with the price and the amount of time it took for the transport, but definitely feel like the communication could have been improved. I didn't get any confirmation on the pick up time until the driver called me to tell me they were 20 minutes outside of Austin and wanted to coordinate loading the car. This was around 8 am local time. I had to scramble with emails and phone calls to have the seller's representative available.

The transport took 2.5 days, and I was supposed to get a call with a delivery window the day before drop off, but my first phone call was at 1 pm from the driver saying he was in front of my house. Again, I had to scramble to get someone to my house to inspect and sign for the car. With proper notice I could have been there myself. The car was very dirty when it arrived and though Sherpa pays for a car wash, I spent a couple of hours cleaning the car up myself. But overall, the car arrived on time, on budget, and in acceptable condition, so it was a fine, though stressful experience.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Tim, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We pride ourselves on working hard for our customers but understand that there is always room for improvement. Due to the fluctuating nature of weather patterns and road conditions, it can be difficult to nail down exact times regarding pickup and drop off. We do our best to push our drivers to be as specific as possible regarding timing and appreciate your patience in light of these complexities. Thanks for choosing Sherpa Auto Transport! We hope to have the chance to assist you again!

Sherpa Auto Transport Q&A

Is Sherpa a broker or a carrier?
Sherpa is an auto transport broker, which means they work with a preferred network of transport companies to ensure your vehicle or fleet is shipped safely and efficiently to its destination.
Does Sherpa focus on local or long-distance auto transport?
Sherpa customizes the type of transport to whatever their clients need. Whether you need your vehicle shipped across the country or down the street, they’ll take care of the details.
Does Sherpa transport classic or antique vehicles?
Definitely! Sherpa works with enclosed transport trucks that can safely move your luxury or rare vehicle.
What problem is Sherpa trying to solve?
Auto transport is a complex industry, and it can be hard for people to find a reliable company. They’re dedicated to providing their customers with a hassle-free process at an affordable rate with no bait-and-switch pricing backed by our Price Lock Promise, while guiding them with clear communication every step of the way.
What sets Sherpa company apart from the competition?
Their Price Lock Promise is unheard of in this industry. Too often they hear from customers that they have been told by other companies their vehicle can be shipped at an unrealistically low price - only to discover their vehicle was never picked up or they were asked again and again to increase their price. At Sherpa, they do things differently. With their Price Lock Promise they’ll provide you with one quote and stick to it. The amount that quote you is the amount you’ll pay. It’s that simple.
What needs does Sherpa’s products or services fulfill, and how do they fulfill those needs better than their competition?
Whether it’s moving a family car cross-country or making sure your classic car arrives at the show unscathed, Sherpa will get the job done in a timely and affordable manner. Communication is their priority. Sherpa always want their customers to feel informed every step of the way. By updating you frequently throughout the process you can rest assured that your vehicle is in good hands. They’re also committed to finding solutions to potential challenges their customers may face. Examples of this include our Price Lock Promise and their Clean Car Guarantee which enables customers to get their car washed after delivery with us footing the bill.
How does Sherpa think the industry will change in the next 2-5 years?
Sherpa is excited to see how technology will evolve to play a more pivotal part in how customers, brokers and carriers work together to do business.
How does Sherpa measure success?
Sherpa measures success one satisfied customer at a time. To them, this means no matter how big their company gets or what the numbers look like, if their customers aren’t satisfied at the end of the day, they haven’t succeeded. Sherpa will go the extra mile to make sure they exceed your expectations.

Sherpa Auto Transport Company Information