It's that easy Request Information
4.92/5
Based on 44 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Sherpa Auto Transport is an auto transportation provider that offers a wide range of technology-based solutions. They focus on providing trustworthy end-to-end service, professional courtesy, low prices and top-notch support. Sherpa is passionate about giving you a smooth and stress-free experience. Contact Sherpa Auto Transport now to get a free and fair full-service auto transport quote.

44 Sherpa Auto Transport Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 15, 2018

Sherpa Auto was the third company to book my vehicle, a 2010 Toyota Camry, for shipping from Georgia to California. The first company and second company failed to do their jobs, I was calling them more than they were calling me, and I almost gave up shipping my car and was going to resort to putting it in storage until I finished with school. Being that I was on military orders and I had to report to school by a certain time. The first company set a date for pickup and they never followed through. That date came and went.

The second Company told me what I wanted to hear and took advantage of the situation by their knowledge of knowing what happened with my first experience. But I called Sherpa on Thursday and they got my vehicle booked and shipped by Saturday morning. 2 days!!! Not to mention my car was delivered within 4 days... ACROSS THE COUNTRY!

Their customer service is awesome and they understand the importance of moving from one place to the next and owning two vehicles that can’t be driven at the same time. If you are booked with any other company besides Sherpa, cancel the order and call them now. Yes, the shipping price is a little costly than other companies, but if you want guaranteed service without the headaches, pay the extra money. Thank you Sherpa Auto for your awesome service. Your efforts and reliability are greatly appreciated.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I needed to move a vehicle from our current location for our son who was taking in on a co-op opportunity work-wise for his school to California. So, we needed to get the ’96 Toyota Camry from point A to point B without him having to drive it. I looked at about five transport companies and Sherpa Auto Transport got a good rating. And when I spoke to Tim, the owner, I just got a good feeling in terms of his depth of knowledge and his desire to give me all the necessary information I need. He gave a good comfort level and the price was good too so I went with them. And the quote that I got from them was exactly what it was. They picked the car up on Monday the 18th and then it was delivered on Friday the 25th. We were given a timeframe and the driver was timely. The vehicle was fine, just dirty and that’s to be expected because it was an open carrier transport. I'm happy overall and I would definitely use them again.

Original review: June 8, 2018

My daughters go to school out of state and they need their cars at school. I’ve been transporting the cars back and forth for a couple of years and the first company I used did a great job. But they changed owners when I called them. Then I booked with another place but they called me two days before the pick-up date and said that they couldn’t pick the cars up for another week. So, that was a nightmare. And then I went with another transport and they fell through. So I went online and started looking at different transport companies and then got to Sherpa. And we had them ship a Volkswagen Beetle and a Mazda 3 from New Jersey to Texas.

The Sherpa representative was great. When she said she was gonna call me, she called me. And when she said she was gonna email me information, she did. Compared to the last three experiences I had, it was the best. I was waiting for the other shoe to drop, thinking this could be a big pain in the neck, but it didn’t and they were really good.

The quote was really high, but they were competitive. From what I’ve read, if you’re not charged enough, then a transport company will not take the car. It’s a very touch-and-go business and there’s not a lot of regulation. So if they can make more money taking another car, they’ll do it. But at the time the vehicles were delivered, the price did not fluctuate from their original quote.

The vehicles were delivered a couple of hours earlier. The driver was to drive the vehicles to a Walmart parking lot right off Interstate 35 because he thought that would be the easiest unloading, but then he called and said that Walmart would not let him in the parking lot. So he was at the gas station across the highway. My daughter went by herself and she had to get two cars. We were just gonna leave the cars in the parking lot at Walmart. But he drove her back and forth across the highway to help her out, which was very nice. He was very accommodating and perfectly willing to help her even though he had other things to do. I’ll use them again to get both cars back to Texas instead of driving and hopefully they’re around.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Hi Donna. Sherpa was founded after our owner was left dissatisfied with the customer service he received from other transport companies when he shipped his car. We’ve taken the problems he experienced to heart and work hard to anticipate potential challenges and prevent them from happening to our customers. One way we ensure this is through constant communication and honest, realistic pricing - both of which you experienced working with us.

Thank you for sharing your experience with your driver. We frequently update our carrier database to ensure we use the best drivers and your feedback is invaluable. Thank you for trusting us with your daughters’ cars. We’ll talk to you in the fall when they head back to Texas for school!

Original review: June 7, 2018

I was moving from Arkansas to California. I was going to transport a Dodge Dart. However, we ended up having two different transportation services because the first one never showed up. So, we ended up having to switch. Taylor at Sherpa was great. She did a good job and she seemed to know the requirements she needed from the end user. She had well rounded knowledge of her job responsibilities.

Furthermore, the response time that it took to find the driver impressed me. She took the stress away and the response was spot on. Also their quote was 100% accurate. Their driver handled the move professionally and he was on time. I couldn't ask for a better transportation service. I wish I had went with them the first time instead of going with them after the other company never showed.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Hi Deven. We can empathize with the frustration you felt when your first attempt to transport fell through. Our founder had a similar experience which is exactly why he set out to offer a better service. It can be difficult to feel comfortable with another company after experiencing disappointment and we’re grateful you trusted us to move your car to California.

Sherpa’s mission is to be honest and transparent with our customers about timelines, expectations and cost. It’s great to hear that your carrier was equally as communicative as the Sherpa team. We frequently update our carrier database to ensure we use the best drivers and your feedback is invaluable. Thank you again for working with us to move your Dodge Dart. If you need to ship another car in the future we hope to hear from you!

Original review: June 5, 2018

I purchased a 2010 Lotus Evora across the country and had it shipped over about 3000 miles, from Charlotte to Sacramento. Sherpa had the highest rating on this site so I picked them. The quote was also pretty much in line with everybody else's and it was exactly the price I paid in the end. I mostly spoke with Taylor and she was extremely helpful. The other person I spoke with was also very helpful. It was my first time ever doing something like this and they were really nice about it. They walked me through it and were very open and communicative. They gave me updates and there were no hidden gotchas. They did an excellent job.

The vehicle was picked up in Charlotte on Tuesday and delivered in Sacramento on Friday. There were two guys in the truck so they were probably trading off and they made it across the company much faster than they were expecting, which could have posed a problem on my end. I live in the middle of nowhere and they could deliver there but it would cost way more so I had to drive down and pick the car up in Sacramento. It was approximately a six-hour drive and Sherpa was aware of that. I had originally planned for the ETA as stated. But I was also planning on it potentially being sooner so we didn't get caught with our pants down. We caught the change in time so it all worked out.

The drivers were also very professional. They looked like they were really all about taking care of the cars and making sure that the cars didn't get bumped or scraped. I was impressed with that. They were rushed with the paperwork and in general because they had done 13 deliveries in one day. Fortunately, I caught a mistake with the paperwork and they were able to rectify it. All in all, Sherpa did a really good job. They were upfront and they got the job done.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Hi Patrick. We always strive to provide the best customer service and it’s great to hear that you experienced that first-hand while working with Taylor and the rest of our team. They enjoyed helping you transport your Lotus Evora. Sherpa was founded after our owner dealt with his own unpleasant “hidden gotcha” moments while shipping his car cross-country. In an industry where things are not always transparent, we vow to break the mold by always provide our customers with fair pricing and frequent, informative updates. Thank you for trusting us to move your car. We hope we can work together again in the future!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sherpa Auto Transport?

Original review: June 2, 2018

When I was doing a move, I looked at about five transport companies and chose Sherpa for their customer service. Taylor was really nice and I felt good working with him. There was also another guy and they did a really good job with finding me someone and keeping me calm because I was panicking. But I thought transporting my Infinity FX35 1600 miles would be cheaper. In fact, a couple of others were a little cheaper but three other companies were around the same price as Sherpa so I was skeptical about the couple that were a little cheaper. The quote was also pretty accurate although the final cost was expensive. But then again, I was told that if drivers are transporting more cars to certain areas it's cheaper. But if they're going to areas that they normally don't drive in, it's a little more expensive.

I talked to the driver myself and he driver did what he said he would do. I thought the transport was gonna be longer but he did it in three days. I was able to meet him and at a good location too. The vehicle's condition was the same as when he picked it up as well. I would tell others that as long as they're okay with paying the price, I would go with Sherpa.

Sherpa Auto Transport response
Hi Shalwan. It was our pleasure to help you transport your Infinity FX35. We know that there is a possibility of stress when talking about moving your car across the country. We make it our mission to help our customers feel calm and confident throughout the transport process through constant communication, providing fair pricing and being alongside you every step of the way.

Thank you for recommending us to others!

Original review: May 30, 2018

We hired an employee in the Alabama area and he was to be given a company car. So I needed a car transported from New Jersey to Alabama. I looked at a few companies and I even looked at the one we used before. But it was something about Sherpa and the lady that I had talked to there, Taylor, that I just decided to use them. She was very helpful. She took time to explain and answer questions that I felt was stupid on my part. But to her, she just wanted to make sure that I knew everything that was going to take place and how long it would take to get my car there and how they actually operate. She even let me know the coverage that they had in case something happened to the car.

When you set it up with them, there's a way you could go online and look at the quote. But Taylor actually gave me the quote and then sent the link to me in the email. You had to pay the $250 down and then the remaining when it got there to the driver. So I thought that was kind of neat. We had to pay a little bit more than what I was quoted by somebody else but we wanted it there by a certain day so we were willing to pay that extra little bit to get it there. And they did that for us. I think it's excellent. And if we had to do that again, I'll be going with them again. It's an awesome company. Also if we would turn in a receipt once it was delivered, they offered a free car wash and I thought that was pretty cool. I would definitely recommend Sherpa.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Hi Denise! When it comes to shipping your car - there is no such thing as a stupid question. We are willing to answer any and all questions to make sure that each customer we are lucky to work with feels comfortable and confident. In addition to answering questions with honesty, we also promise to be great listeners. Our Clean Car Guarantee program, which enables our customers to get a car wash on us, came to fruition after customer feedback about their cars arriving dusty after transport. We hope that you will take advantage of the program to get your new employee’s car looking great! Thanks for recommending us to your friends. Hopefully we can work together again in the future!

Original review: May 25, 2018

I needed to move a BMW sedan out east. I talked to the customer service representative at Sherpa and she was a happy and positive person. Sherpa seemed to have a good corporate culture and so I decided to give them a shot. They provided me a reasonable quote which was spot on. At first, we were trying to go to new Hampshire but then nobody wanted to drive there. So, the location wasn't working for a week or two. But then, I mentioned Boston and they said that they had people all the time there and so I talked to them about that. My vehicle arrived in perfect condition in six days. Overall, Sherpa was awesome. It was a great solid company with good communication. I would use their services again.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Hi Mark. Thanks for the review! We enjoyed working with you to get your BMW moved. We know how important convenience is to our customers and we strive to meet their expectations. Occasionally, using an alternative location can expedite finding a carrier that meets our thorough standards. We’re glad we were able to work together to find a new location that was convenient for your family for pickup. We look forward to getting your call should you need to transport a vehicle in the future!

Original review: May 24, 2018

I worked with Kim at Sherpa when we needed to ship a car from Chicagoland to Sarasota, Florida. I never transported a car before and he was very helpful and did a really good job. The other place that I talked to was kind of blunt and they weren't very inviting. Our biggest problem was the timing, but the gentleman from Sherpa worked with us very well with that. Also, the price was good and they stuck to it. The delivery went well. We had scheduled for it to be in on Tuesday, April 17th. But the driver was actually there on Monday, April 16th, which wasn’t a problem but it might have been. But we were able to get in a day early ourselves. So, we were able to make the time. And the driver communicated very well throughout the whole process. He was a very nice guy. I would recommend Sherpa and totally use them again.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Hi Michael. Shipping a car for the first time can feel daunting. We do our best to alleviate any concerns a customer might have by being courteous, honest and communicative throughout the entire auto transport process. Due to the fluctuating nature of weather patterns and road conditions it can be difficult to nail down exact dates regarding pickup and drop off. We appreciate your patience and flexibility as we worked together to get your car delivered.

It’s wonderful to hear that the carrier you worked with was also great at keeping in touch. We frequently update our carrier information and your feedback is invaluable. We look forward to hearing from you next time you need to ship a car!

Original review: May 20, 2018

I was moving and I needed to ship a sedan from North Carolina to Texas. I called Sherpa Auto Transport and they said they were gonna set it up and they’d call me back. Two days later, they did and said it was gonna be shipped three days from then. I agreed but a day later, they called back and said it was gonna be two weeks. I was a little annoyed but the next day, they called back and said they could do it that day if possible. So, it all worked out in the end. They did what they could and were trying to provide me with the best service.

During delivery, they called me two hours beforehand and said they were going to be there. Then they dropped my car off and its condition was the same as when I put it on their truck. It took two days for them to get to my apartment and that worked out fine. Their driver was good and seemed pleasant, too. Plus, based on the other quotes that I got, the cost of their service wasn’t any more expensive. So, I’m satisfied. It may have been different had it turned out that I had to wait two weeks but that didn’t happen. All in all, it was a good experience. There was a little touch and go there for a minute but any moving experience is never seamless.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Hi Melisa. Thank you for trusting us to ship your sedan. We know how important it is to keep our customers updated throughout the transport process which is why we talk to you every step of the way. (In your case, there were a few additional steps as we worked to find the best carrier for your vehicle.) We employ a thorough multi-step vetting process for our drivers and customer feedback is an important element. We will be sure to add your comments to his file. Next time you need to move a vehicle we hope you will give us a call!

Original review: May 18, 2018

I'm in the military and had a cross-country move. I drove one of my vehicles and had to ship the other. I called a couple of transport companies and Sherpa helped me out. They took care of most of the stuff and called me back. They showed attention to detail and they were just active in getting the information out to me. Their flex quote was pretty accurate and I ended up totaling about $1450.

Sherpa hired one of the drivers that they have on contract to take my car across. There was a mix-up with the car being picked up. I wanted it picked up on a Friday or Saturday. And then it was picked up on a Thursday. But that ended up being a non-issue since it still fit in my window. I got the truck driver's phone number and just texted him directly, and he called me when he was gonna be in town because I wanted to be there when he dropped the car off.

I insisted on the truck driver to be careful with my car because it's a pretty expensive vehicle. He did take care of it for the most part, but it was my first time shipping a car, so I was still nervous. The only issue I had was the car was totally filthy because he drove through Montana and it was snowing, and then there were dust and rain. I had to get it professionally cleaned again. Sherpa reimburses about $20 for a car wash, but it wasn't enough. I had to pay more to get the car in the same condition I got it in. But other than that, Sherpa did awesome. They were very knowledgeable, friendly, straightforward, and fast.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Hi Jared. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and thank you for your service. The auto transport process can be challenging and we do our best to anticipate all those potential issues by being, as you said, straightforward, friendly and knowledgeable. We’re glad that you experienced our customer-first mentality as we worked together to get your car to your new home. Like you said, the weather can be a big factor in how dusty a car gets during transport. Making sure that customers are satisfied with the state of their car post-delivery is the reason we created our Clean Car Guarantee. It’s great to hear that you took advantage of this program. Best of luck on your new base! We hope to work with you again in the future.

Original review: May 17, 2018

We purchased a vehicle in Maine and had to have it transported to Woodville, Ohio. I liked the way Sherpa handled the phone call when I called. Their quote was fair from the other companies that I talked to. It was in the same pricing range and it was competitive. The actual delivery was very well-coordinated and professional. The vehicle was in an open transport so it had a little dirt and dust on it, but other than that, it was great. Sherpa did exactly what they said they were gonna do and everything happened as expected. I'd recommend them.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Hi Craig. Making sure our customers are happy is our number one priority. We strive to do this with every transport by being friendly, communicative and honest about our pricing and the auto transport process. We’re also committed to finding solutions to potential problems our customers may face. One way we’ve anticipated and solved a possible issue is through the creation of our Clean Car Guarantee which enables customers to get their car washed after delivery - on us. We hope that you will take advantage of this program to get your car squeaky clean.

A referral is the highest form of compliment. Thank you for trusting us with your car and sharing our name with others. We hope to work with you again!

Original review: May 16, 2018

My son's godfather gave him a Toyota pickup and after looking at six companies, we decided to ship it with Sherpa based on gut feeling and reviews. Plus Taylor was very professional and helpful. She'd help when I needed her to. I felt more comfortable with them. They were on the high end as far as cost but they told me it was really what the transport was gonna cost and that was what sealed the deal. It was extremely accurate too. There was no variance by a dime.

The driver was polite. The only problem was that the guy was two days early. I don't normally carry $1,000 in cash so instead of taking my nap during lunch break, I had to run home and get cash. I had them drop it off at the Toyota dealership that I work at and it worked out perfectly. The truck showed up in good shape. It was dirty but that was to be expected since it traveled 1,000 miles from Lenexa, Kansas to West Palm Beach. There were also personal items left on the floor of the front seat of the truck and it was not like they went through the truck and snatched anything. It went seamlessly and I would use Sherpa Auto Transport again.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Hi Bill. We are thrilled to hear that out of the many options available in the marketplace you chose to transport your car with Sherpa Auto Transport. We pride ourselves on being professional and we are glad that you experienced that first hand while working with Taylor, one of our representatives.

We do our best to provide accurate pick-up and delivery times and stick to them. While we may not always be able to predict traffic patterns and weather conditions (both factors that affect the length of a journey) one thing we can promise is that with our Clean Car Guarantee you will be satisfied with the state of your car when it arrives at its final destination. The Guarantee enables you to get a free car wash so that you car is squeaky clean and ready to take the streets in its new location. We hope you will take us up on this offer!

Thanks for trusting us to ship your vehicle. Should you need to transport your car in the future we hope to hear from you!

Original review: May 11, 2018

I used a different car carrier from Chicago to Florida but I wanted to go to Detroit because I have a daughter there and they didn't go to Detroit. It was too long of a drive and I'm 76. I didn't want to drive myself. I changed to Sherpa and they were reliable, efficient and polite. They seemed to take good care of the car. When I had questions, Tim answered everything and he also kept me informed. They picked up my 2011 Hyundai Tucson pretty much on time then it got there when they said they would get there. Everything was in good shape so I was happy. But car carriers are all expensive so it's a big thing to ship vehicles. Still, whatever Sherpa quoted was what I paid. And I was happy they let me put some things in the car and fill up the back seat and the trunk because sometimes, they don't like you to do that.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Hi Jean. Thanks for choosing Sherpa Auto Transport! It was our pleasure to help you ship your car to Detroit. Our goal is to every customer feels well-informed and knowledgeable about the auto transport process and confident in their decision to ship with Sherpa. We always strive to be polite and reliable and it’s great to hear that this was your experience.

Should your car need to head back to Chicago (or elsewhere!) we hope you will give us the chance to work with you again.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I needed to ship a car from California to Georgia and I saw that the reviews for Sherpa were good. When I talked to them, I liked the manner in which the rep presented how they could deal with all the issues involved with transporting a car. He was patient and he led me through the process which was positive and seamless. He gave me a quote which was fair and reasonable. It was higher than some but lower than others. He also told me how long it would take to get the car across the country and when they would pick it up. All of it fell into place and it sounded good, so I went with them. He fulfilled his commitment and what I paid them in total was what was quoted. Also, my understanding was they were a new company and I have a little bit of favoritism for new people trying to make a way in the world. So that sort of swayed me a little bit.

Sherpa did the job, they were courteous, polite and reassured me of all the things that had to be done. They kept in touch with me when the car was picked up, they followed up after the car was delivered and they reimbursed me $20 to get the car washed because it came in dirty. But it is not Sherpa's fault because it's just the way it is if you ship a car. I would recommend my friends to a company that I used and I was happy with. It was a positive experience and if I was gonna do it again, I would call them first.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Hey Mathew. While we may be relatively new to auto transport our commitment to guide our customers through the shipping process with frequent communication and fair pricing is unwavering. We’re glad that you experienced that first hand as we kept you well informed during your shipping experience.

We know the potential challenges a customer might face when they choose to transport their car and we work hard to anticipate and solve those frustrations. The Clean Car Guarantee, which enabled you to get your car washed once it was delivered, is just one example of that. We’re so glad you took advantage of this great program.

Thanks for trusting us with your vehicle. We hope we have the chance to work with you in the future!

Original review: May 5, 2018

The quote that I was given by Sherpa when I needed to move a car from Florida to Michigan was fine and it was the final payout. The reps were great and they called back after the car was delivered to make sure everything went alright. Also, the driver was a very nice man. Sherpa handled everything very professionally and did exactly what they were supposed to.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Hey Mike! We strive to be consummate professionals by providing our customers with frequent, honest communication, fair pricing and highly vetted carriers. We’re so glad you had a good experiencing shipping your car with Sherpa Auto Transport. We hope to work with you again in the future!

Original review: May 4, 2018

I needed to transport a 2003 Toyota Camry XLE from Vancouver, Washington to Wakefield, Massachusetts and the other company I looked into admitted that they were expensive and recommended Sherpa. I called them and the price was fair considering it was less than the other company. I liked the rep on the phone. He was great and I felt comfortable with him. Stan, the driver, was very nice too. I took a gamble that it would work and it did.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Hi Gerald. Although it was unexpected, we’re so glad that a competitor sent you our way. We enjoyed working with you to get your Camry moved across the country. If you ever need to move another car in the future we’d be happy to help!

Original review: April 29, 2018

I needed to ship a 1996 Camry and after checking out about 10 other companies, I went with Sherpa Auto Transport as the young lady I spoke to there was responsive and answered all my questions. Some other places couldn’t answer my question. It was almost like they're a third or fourth party company, so I decided to go with Sherpa Auto.

The quote they provided was good. They started out at $800 and then they brought it down $50 and that made a big difference. What I was trying to do on my end was to not have to pay to fix the car once it got there, and it worked out okay. The driver did what he was supposed to do and picked up my car on a Wednesday then got to the destination by Friday, which was when I had to get it. I was on the telephone with my father during the delivery and he said everything went great. The only thing he said was that it must have been dusty outside, but other than just cleaning it he didn’t have any issues. I also talked with the gentleman who wasn't able to get the truck trailer out and couldn’t do it door-to-door because of the street, so we had to find another location that would work and we worked that out too. Everything was good. Sherpa's team was very professional and they got my vehicle to the destination safe and sound. I would recommend them.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Hi Earnest. It means a lot that you chose us to work with us after thoroughly researching the many options available in the marketplace. When a car is shipped on an open transport it can often get dusty, just like it would if you drove it yourself. We aren’t satisfied with delivering you a dusty car so we hope you will take advantage of our Clean Car Guarantee. This unique program reimburses you for a car wash. We want your car looking as good upon arrival as it did when the carrier picked it up. With our Clean Car Guarantee we know we can make this happen. Thank you for trusting us with your Camry!

Original review: April 27, 2018

My son's wife died and he wanted to bring the car and a few other things to Maine from Lynchburg, Virginia. I called several companies for him and Sherpa contacted my son. Just by the way their first conversation went, I knew that my son was going to go with Sherpa. Their driver was timely in contacting us and getting the car. Other companies called us afterwards and wanted us to change to them as it would be cheaper but then we already committed to Sherpa.

My son is a truck driver who drives all over the country. He talked to the Sherpa driver and asked him to come down $25, being truck driver to truck driver. Furthermore, he arrived three or four days after he picked up the car. When he arrived with the vehicle, there were no scratches and nothing was wrong with it. The driver was very professional and he was also polite and congenial with my husband.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Hi Joan. We’re so sorry for your daughter-in-law’s passing. Thank you for trusting us to move her vehicle. It’s really important to us that your vehicle is well taken care of during transport, which is why we have a thorough vetting process for our carriers. Customer feedback is an integral part of this process - so thank you for sharing your experience with your driver. We’re glad he was so professional. We hope we have the chance to work with you and your family again in the future.

Original review: April 26, 2018

We had to ship a Toyota Tundra pickup from the West Coast to the East Coast. I talked to three transport companies but then upon talking to Sherpa, I felt comfortable with who I was talking to on the phone. Their representative was nice and told me exactly what was going to happen and when they were going to pick up the vehicle. Also, the quote I received from them was better than the others I got and when I paid the final cost, it was right on. My vehicle was shipped in four days which was better than what I expected.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Hi Paul. Thank you for choosing to ship your car with Sherpa Auto Transport. We know you had a lot of other options. Our use of the latest technology to project accurate costs combined with our commitment to transparent pricing enables us to provide you with a fair and accurate quote. We always promise to work hard to get your car moved with a carrier you can trust and most importantly communicate clearly about the process. Thank you again for letting us ship your Toyota Tundra. We hope you enjoy your time on the east coast!

Original review: April 25, 2018

I had Sherpa transport a 2018 Jeep Wrangler about 1,500 miles. I liked their price and professionalism so I went with them. Their customer service representative, Tim, kept me informed, followed up on things and kept me advised of the status of finding a carrier for our car. I got a competitive quote from them which was the exact amount I paid in the end.

Also, it was funny that the driver came up from Miami into a small blizzard in Minnesota. While Sherpa communicated very well with the driver, it was difficult to get a transporter assignment because there were so many snowbirds. Still, from the time we knew our vehicle was on the truck, it got here in three to four days. The vehicle looked like it had been through a snowstorm when it got here but we believe it's in good shape. Sherpa did an excellent job.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Hi Nancy. We’re glad you were pleased with the job that we did for you. The auto transport business begins to heat up in April as folks relocating for the summer look to ship their car. Thank you for your patience as we worked diligently to find a carrier that could not only deliver your car but also meet our standards for safety and professionalism.

Just like if you drive your car thousands of miles, transporting a car in an open carrier can often leave the vehicle dirtier at the end of the journey than you (and we) prefer. That’s why we’re proud to offer our Clean Car Guarantee which covers the cost of a car wash once your car reaches its final destination. This program ensures you are as satisfied with the state of your car at the end of the transport process as you were with the beginning. We hope you, and all our customers, will take advantage of this guarantee!

Original review: April 24, 2018

My wife passed away and I needed her silver four-door Honda Civic up in Maine because there was an argument over it. My mother went online, looked around for car carriers and was really impressed with the people who answered the phone. They were straight with the answers and told her what the price would be, et cetera. And if she was impressed, I was impressed.

Sherpa was a reasonable company too. I had talked to six transport companies and I found one that wanted $1350 to ship from Virginia up to Maine. That was uncalled for. I can see something like that if you’re hauling a whole fleet of cars up, but not for one. I talked to the Sherpa representative for a couple of minutes and he wanted $974 but I got them down for $900. They were willing to argue with me on the price a little bit and that was really what impressed me. I also liked that, in talking to them, they knew what they were doing and I was very satisfied with all the questions that they answered for me.

As soon as the driver got the confirmation on the load, he gave me a call and made sure that the address and the directions getting there were correct. I really appreciated that. Then before he got to the destination, he called me again and made sure I was at the right address and what the directions were to get in there. Then I told him who’s gonna be there to receive the car. So I was really impressed. The guy followed directions correctly in trying to get in there and the whole ordeal was really good. I've recommended Sherpa to my uncle too.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Hi Eric. We’re sorry for your loss and are thankful you trusted us to ship your wife’s Civic. We're really glad everything worked out at your price point. Our commitment to fair pricing means that we will always try to find the lowest price for our customers given current market trends and shipment timing needs. In this case, everybody won! Additionally, thank you for you feedback on the driver - we will add these notes to his file and mark him as a preferred carrier. This process helps us make sure the quality of our network of drivers is always improving. Really glad we got to work with you Eric and we look forward to helping out your friends and family soon!

Original review: April 18, 2018

My family was moving to another state so we needed the car, a 2000 Mercedes C320, to be transferred from Massachusetts to where they were moving in Florida. I needed a quote right away and Sherpa was also quick to pick up the car. That stuck out. Their representatives were very good and the process was convenient. I had never shipped a car before and they were really good in letting me know how the process would work and how they would choose a driver. The car was picked up a day later then the transport took from Wednesday to Sunday. It was within the timeframe they told me and I was able to meet the driver at the location. Everything went as planned and I paid exactly what they told me I was gonna pay. Everything was fine with the vehicle too.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Hi Wilcy. We’re committed to guiding our customers (especially first timers like yourself) through the auto transport process with honesty and transparency to make it as stress-free as possible. Thank you for the great review and we look forward to working together again in the future!

Original review: April 17, 2018

My dad gave me a Porsche and we needed to have it transported from New Jersey to Colorado where I live. I did a Google search and came up with consumer reports and chose Sherpa Transport from there. I called in, spoke to their rep and he explained that they are actually not the transport company, that they put bids out for others, and he would put a bid out.

The rep was very easy to deal with, so I understood the process and what exactly was going to happen. He kept in touch with me the whole time and we became like pseudo-friends just talking. There were times where I would call but then I'd say that I had to run out to get the kids or something like that. No one picked up during my initial call where it went to their system. But even if I didn't leave a message, he called me back.

I was really happy with the whole transaction. They definitely went above. In the week that they were forecasting to pick-up, there was a major nor'easter on the East Coast which made things a little difficult. One thing I did not realize was that it's hard for commercial trucks to get to where my father's address is located in New Jersey so the people didn't take the bid immediately because they saw the location which is kind of a winding road. But when I called Sherpa back for an update, they were able to contract somebody within that day.

Going forward, if I ever had to transport something, I would have them choose the pick-up at a better location. If there's a location that is not necessarily a great location for pick-up, I think that people would be willing to drop off at a rest stop, at a turnpike, or a Garden State Parkway. Because I think, obviously, the more that are interested, then you create more competition. And in this case, there wasn't enough competition and that's why they waived their fee. I think they didn't make any money off of it all, that they just wanted to get the job done that they said could be done. So if Sherpa would say upfront that there are certain locations that will be picked up one, two, three, and we can get a really great deal on it, that would be good. But at the same time, I don't know if that's good for their business. I don't know if that's something that they want, to put someone out of their way to have to drive somewhere.

The final cost of the service was great. It was lower than I expected. Originally, there was a fee that I would pay to Sherpa and then to the people who dropped the car off. But when the rep wasn't able to secure a bid, Sherpa waived their fee and it turned out to be the same amount that was quoted, but I just paid them directly. The vehicle transport took four days. I wasn't in a rush at all, but that was a pretty good time frame. The people that dropped the car off, a male and a female, were great. They were friendly and talkative and talked about the weather and where they were going next. It was nice to see some East Coast people.

I've recommended Sherpa to my brother-in-law. He was looking at buying a new car. Our lease is up in August, and I've not been working since we moved out to Colorado so I have not been driving my car at all and I don't want to return the lease because there are so few miles on it. I wanted to sell it myself. When my brother-in-law said he maybe would buy it and was going to fly out here and drive back, I said, "No. That honestly makes no sense because we just had my dad's car shipped out for $700. We can just ship the car to you and then go through Sherpa."

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Hi Abby. At Sherpa we know that shipping your car across the country can be fraught with potential challenges. That is why we are committed to guiding our customers through the process with frequent, honest and thorough communication. We always want the folks we work with to feel well-informed and confident in shipping their vehicle with our company. We’re glad you had a great experience with Tim, one of our representatives. He enjoyed working with you to get your Porsche shipped.

Although we offer door-to-door service, navigating narrow streets with a large carrier truck can be difficult. Thanks for being patient and understanding as the driver worked with you to find the best location to deliver your vehicle.

Thank you for recommending Sherpa Auto Transport to your brother-in-law. A referral is the greatest compliment!

Original review: April 16, 2018

We were moving cross country and we were going to ship a Volkswagen Mule from California to Virginia. We looked at two other companies but then we had a bad experience with another one at the delivery services. They didn't explain to us how their process worked and the way that they charged. That made it very difficult to get our car picked up. So, we ended up cancelling with them and then going with Sherpa.

We called Sherpa on a Friday and asked if they could ship our vehicle right away. They were able to find someone to do it that following Monday and we were able to receive our car that Friday thereafter. They kept us updated and called us. They emailed that Monday when they hadn't gotten someone and then again later the same day when the were able to find someone to deliver our vehicle.

Furthermore, the quote we received from them was reasonable for what we were asking which was to try and get our car transported as soon as possible. Other services were asking for a lot of money. Sherpa told us that it was unnecessary for us to pay that much and that they thought they would be able to do the shipment without us having to spend all that money. In the end, we got charged what they said an our vehicle was shipped in 5 days. Our vehicle was in great condition when it arrived. I recommend Sherpa. They were very reliable.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Hi Veronica. Firstly, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We believe that ongoing, clear communication is crucial to successfully transporting a car. The auto transport process can be confusing, which is why we are committed to explaining every step of the process to you and keeping in touch throughout your car’s journey. Sherpa Auto Transport was founded after our owner had his own poor experiences with misleading pricing and less than satisfactory carriers. His experiences are why we dedicate ample time to vetting our carriers and being honest with you, and all of our customers, about what you can reasonably expect to pay to move your car. Thank you again for trusting us with your vehicle. We hope we can work together again in the future!

Original review: April 15, 2018

I had to ship a Chrysler Crossfire from DC to the Bay Area, Oakland, California. I looked through five different transport companies and the flex quote provided by Sherpa was a little lower than some other places. Tim was the person who helped me through the whole process and I was very satisfied with the way he responded and how timely he was with everything. I was also very satisfied with the final cost which was the same as what he quoted me.

Also, their driver communicated well. There was a mixup with the driver not being able to deliver door-to-door but I understood that his trailer was too long or big to go into the area where the vehicle would be picked up. At the last minute, the driver said that someone had to meet him about 15 minutes away. My son had to meet with the driver which was a little inconvenient. Still, even when the vehicle got to my end, it ended up being door-to-door because the driver had to park his truck and then drive my car to my house. All in all, it took about a week for pickup to delivery which met my expectations. Furthermore, I got my car in the condition it was in when I left it. Sherpa's service was perfect and I recommend them.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Hi Kay. Thanks for leaving a review! Tim also enjoyed working with you to get your car moved. We appreciate your patience and flexibility with the change in your meet-up spot. Carriers with large trailers often have difficulty fitting on narrow neighborhood streets. The new location prevented any damage from occurring to any surrounding vehicles and of course, your own car during drop-off. It’s wonderful that you would recommend Sherpa Auto Transport to others. We promise to continue working hard to be deserving of your recommendation.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I was relocating to another state and I was under a constrained timeline so I had to make any commitment pretty quickly. I just Google-searched and Sherpa Auto Transport had decent reviews online. They quoted a fair price too. Those were good enough for me and they didn't fall short of my expectations either. I would recommend them.

I was shipping my Honda Odyssey close to 2,000 miles, all the way from New Mexico to Florida. And Tim went over the details of whether it was gonna be a close or open transport. At that time, I didn't have a final destination because I needed to find a house out here first. So Tim just gave me an estimate based on the approximation where I would be relocating to. Then as it got closer to the time for pick-up, he followed up and let me know who would actually be delivering my vehicle. Then he also requested an update on the destination. The driver dropped my vehicle off right in front of my house at around 8:00 PM. It was the last stop on his route, coming back up 'cause he went all the way down to Miami and came back up. But it was good. He walked me around the vehicle to double-check and make sure that I didn't see any damages. It arrived intact and as it left, and the final cost ended up being about the same as the quote.

Hi Shaun,

Thanks for taking the time to submit this excellent review and recommending us to others! It is always a good idea to inspect your vehicle at pickup and dropoff, but it is great to hear that the driver took the initiative to conduct this quick assessment to ensure your satisfaction. We thoroughly vet our carriers for quality and this feedback is extremely important to make sure our process is working. We’re glad everything went well and we look forward to working with you or your friends/family in the future!

Original review: April 3, 2018

I've used another transport service a couple of years ago and then, I saw Sherpa had the best website out of all of them and I liked it. I would put my information on a site and then, all of sudden, I'd get 70 calls from different contractors. With Sherpa, I really liked that there is just one middleman that took care of all of that. Tim was awesome, the sweetest and the most helpful. He was kind, answered all my questions and took his time explaining everything. Also, I looked at all the reviews, and they were good.

The quote was awesome and you don't have to bargain since they had a flat rate. You don't have to talk to people back and forth like in the company that I used in the past. When a person arrives, it was very cut and dry. For a company like Sherpa, I would almost expect it to be more expensive but I was happy to find that it was just around the amount that I paid before, but it wasn't the extra haggle and the extra trouble. So, I was really satisfied with the whole thing.

The people were professional and very communicative. A day before, they let me know exactly where the driver was and around what time he would come in. And if that was going to change, they said that they would notify me right away. The guy who delivered my car was sweet and he was a really nice guy. I had my car delivered before when I lived in the hills. And since I didn't have a car, I had to Uber down to where the driver was because he couldn't drive up in the hills. But with this delivery, it was just my car on his truck as opposed to the bay truck.

It took a week for the transport and the timeframe was perfect because that was how I planned out my trip to get there at a certain time. I was able to borrow a car until it arrived and it got there exactly around the time that the company said that it would. My car was dirtier than I imagined when it arrived but it's fine. There was no harm done and it was great. I'm glad that I chose Sherpa when I moved cross-country to get my car from Maryland to California and I'll use them again. It’s the best company that I've ever, ever used and their quality is really wonderful. The price is also perfect so I would recommend them.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Jennifer, thank you for taking the time to review your experience and we are so glad it was such a positive one. Tim enjoyed working with you and we’ll be sure to pass your kind words along to him. We’re glad that you found our website easy to navigate - we designed it with the customer’s experience in mind.

Sherpa Auto Transport was founded to improve the auto transport experience by providing excellent customer service, honest pricing, clear communication and our willingness to go above and beyond. Although it’s reasonable to expect your car to get a little dusty as it travels across the country, we want to make sure you are as happy with the state of your car at arrival as you were when it was picked up in Maryland. That’s why we’ve decided to implement a new program—the Clean Car Guarantee—which allows you to get your car washed on us. We’ll extend this benefit to you retroactively and will reach out to out to you shortly to provide the details.

Thank you for trusting us to move your car. We look forward to working with you in the future!

Original review: March 30, 2018

We used Sherpa Auto Transport to move the classic car that I purchased and I had a very good very experience with them. I looked at different transport companies then but Sherpa was more responsive, which was the main reason why I went with them. The other companies either didn't get back or took too long to get back to us. Since it was my first time to transport a vehicle, I had a lot of questions and their customer service team got back to me right away. Also, the cost of the service was a bit higher than I thought but I don't have any to compare it to. And, I didn't know they contracted out a third-party for delivery but the delivery team was very friendly so it was fine. So far, everything went smoothly. They did good and I would recommend them.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Thanks for the review, Daniel. We’re thrilled you had a positive experience! Responsiveness and honesty are the core principles that guide our business and it’s great to hear that you found us communicative and reliable. Transporting classic cars is always a special treat and we’re thankful you trusted Sherpa Auto Transport with your vehicle. We hope we can work with you again!

Original review: March 25, 2018

I was in the army when I got a station in Texas so I needed to ship my truck down to Austin. My dad told me about Sherpa and I said, “Okay." The guy I talked to on the phone was helpful. He called me on time and I wasn't really expecting a phone call back but he did, so it was cool. The flex quote they gave me was what they told me it was gonna be. And, the cost of the service was good, it was cheap and professional. Furthermore, the delivery of my vehicle went smoothly. It was a day late but that has something to do with the driver which is fine. It took six days from beginning to end with the day added on there.

The driver, on the other hand, just picked a spot and I went and met him there. It was just a quick interaction. I paid them and they dropped the truck off. The vehicle was dirty but I was kind of expecting it since it went all the way through the country. Moving forward, I suggest they use a tracker on the truck so we could see where it was at, like a little app or something. Other than that, my experience was fine.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Thanks for taking the time to review your experience, Josh! We’re thankful for your service and glad we could be of assistance as you relocated to your new base. We’re glad that you found our representative thorough, responsive and communicative.

We take customer feedback seriously. You are not the first person who has told us that their car arrived dirty. Similar to if you drove your car yourself across the country, you can expect your car may get a little dirty as it traverses across various roadways. However, that doesn’t mean we can’t help. We decided to implement a new pilot program—The Clean Car Guarantee—to make sure your car looks as good at delivery as it did when it was picked up. The Clean Car Guarantee allows our customers to get their car washed on us. We’ll extend this benefit to you retroactively and will reach out to out to you shortly to provide you with this benefit. Thank you for choosing Sherpa Auto Transport and we look forward to working with you again in the future!

Sherpa Auto Transport expert review by Lauren Fix

Sherpa Auto Transport is a national automobile transportation company. Sherpa works with a network of nationwide auto moving professionals to offer auto transportation tailored to its clients’ specific needs.

• Service offerings: Sherpa offers a full range of services catered to your auto transport needs. They specialize in accommodating all types of cars, from classic cars to junkers, both operable and inoperable. Whether you’re looking for a local shipment or a long-distance transport, Sherpa will deliver exactly what you need.

• Carrier vetting: Ensuring your vehicle is in the right hands is one of the most important aspects of your transport. Sherpa strictly vets each carrier for quality by leveraging a multitude of review sources and verifying that the carrier has the appropriate federal licenses and insurance coverage.

• Customer-centric: Sherpa has a team of specialists trained to facilitate your auto shipment from pickup to delivery. They keep close tabs on your shipment to ensure that you are informed at every step of the process.

• Free quotes: Sherpa works hard to ensure you receive the most favorable rate for your specific transport. Call Sherpa Auto Transport for a free quote.

• Best for: people who need long-distance or local vehicle transportation, including business fleet owners.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Sherpa Auto Transport questions and answers

Are you a broker or a carrier?
We are an auto transport broker, which means we work with transport companies to ensure your vehicle or fleet is shipped safely and efficiently to its destination.
Do you focus on local or long-distance auto transport?
We customize the type of transport to whatever our clients need. Whether you need your vehicle shipped across the country or down the street, we’ll take care of the details.
Do you transport classic or antique vehicles?
Definitely! We work with enclosed transport trucks that can safely move your luxury or rare vehicle.
What problem is your company trying to solve?
Auto transport is a complex industry, and it can be hard for people to find a reliable company. We’re dedicated to providing our customers with a hassle-free process at an affordable rate, while guiding them every step of the way.
What sets your company apart from the competition?
We started Sherpa Auto Transport after our own negative experiences as auto transport customers. We know first-hand how important it is to feel comfortable with your auto transporter, knowing your vehicles are in good hands. We work hard to treat our customers the same way we want to be treated, and that’s what really sets us apart. It’s that simple.
What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Whether it’s moving a family car cross-country or making sure your classic car arrives at the show unscathed, Sherpa will get the job done in a timely and affordable manner. We also keep you informed every step of the way, so you can rest assured that your vehicle is in good hands.
How do you think the industry will change in the next 2-5 years?
We are excited to see how technology will evolve to play a more pivotal part in how customers, brokers and carriers work together to do business.
How does your company measure success?
We measure success one satisfied customer at a time. To us, this means no matter how big our company gets or what the numbers look like, if our customers aren’t satisfied at the end of the day, we haven’t succeeded. We will go the extra mile to make sure we exceed your expectations.

Sherpa Auto Transport Company Information