2. Auto Transporters
Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.95/5

Sherpa Auto Transport is an auto transportation provider offering door-to-door shipping, top-notch customer service focused on professional, frequent communication and accurate pricing based on real-time data. When you choose Sherpa you’ll never experience bait-and-switch pricing. With their exclusive Price Lock Promise they’ll tell you how much it will cost to ship your vehicle and stick to it. In an industry rife with false promises and poor communication, Sherpa’s dedication to giving you a smooth and stress-free transport experience extends from the first phone call to after delivery. Contact Sherpa Auto Transport now to get a free and fair full-service auto transport quote backed by their Price Lock Promise.

BOTTOM LINE

Sherpa is dedicated to providing transparent pricing, personable customer service and hassle-free auto transports. Although they require an initial deposit, their Price Lock Promise makes financial sense.

PROS

• Door-to-door shipping
  • Strictly vetted carriers
  • Price Lock Promise
  • Free quote

CONS

• Terminal-to-terminal transport not offered

Top Sherpa Auto Transport Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sherpa Auto Transport?

Sherpa had good reviews and the quote they provided was accurate. Customer service was great and the driver was awesome. Everything was good and it all worked out. I’m very pleased with their services, and I would definitely use them again and recommend them.

Sherpa's price, responsiveness and their overall structure made me choose them. Their customer service were responsive, answered the phone, gave me answers and kept me up-to-date. What I paid for was exactly what they quoted ... The car arrived in good shape and it was a fine experience overall.

Sherpa Auto Transport Call Now Toll Free (855) 261-9322 Get a Quote
Call Now Toll Free

Information from Sherpa on the Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Sherpa’s preferred network of carriers continues to transport vehicles for customers but is taking steps to protect the health of its employees and clients. You can call to secure your shipment. Sherpa encourages customers and transporters to follow all Centers for Disease Control guidelines in regard to COVID-19. Specifically, the company suggests you wipe down and sanitize the following areas of your vehicle upon pickup and delivery: door handles, steering wheel, gear shift and other interior points.

About Sherpa Auto Transport

Sherpa is an auto transporter broker with a focus on transparent pricing and helpful, friendly customer service. They carefully investigate carriers to ensure maximum safety for your vehicle while providing more reliable transportation times. Sherpa specializes in late model vehicles, relocations, snowbird routes and multi-car shipments. They also ship classic automobiles, SUVs, vans, trucks, and even inoperable vehicles. As an added bonus, Sherpa’s Price Lock Promise means you won’t pay more than their initial quote.

Sherpa Auto Transport cost

The average cost to ship a car with Sherpa is about $910, but this can vary based on typical factors, such as type of car, the season of shipment and route taken. The pricing Sherpa offers is based on real-time data. An initial deposit is required to have your vehicle shipped. If you decide to cancel before a carrier is assigned to you, you will only have to pay a $25 dispatch fee; however, if you cancel after a carrier is assigned to you, Sherpa will keep your deposit.

One of Sherpa’s best features is the Price Lock Promise, which means Sherpa will stick to the price they originally quote you. This was born out of the desire among consumers and individuals in the auto transport industry for a more straightforward, clear and honest quote process. Some reviews mention that Sherpa doesn’t necessarily offer the lowest quotes. However, there are several things you can do to mitigate price, such as planning your auto transport well in advance.

Sherpa Auto Transport shipping options

Sherpa offers both local and long-distance transport and is able to ship a wide array of vehicles, including sedans, vans, SUVs and classic cars. Inoperable cars are also accepted. Several discounts are available for snowbird routes, seniors, multi-car transports, repeat customers, students and members of the military. Open and enclosed transport are both options.

Door-to-door shipping is the most commonly offered type of transport with Sherpa, as it tends to be the most convenient option for consumers. Sherpa’s Clean Car Guarantee lets customers make sure their car is sparkling clean, even after a long cross-country trip. After their vehicle has been dropped off, customers can take their car to a car wash, and Sherpa will reimburse them up to $20.

• Local and long-distance transport
  • Ships more than just cars
  • Inoperable and operable cars shipped
  • Discounts available
  • Open and enclosed transport
  • Clean Car Guarantee

Sherpa Auto Transport shipping process

Call Sherpa customer service or fill out an online form to receive a free quote backed by Sherpa’s Price Lock Promise. Sherpa will also give a 2-4 hour pickup window.

Once the vehicle has been picked up, you can call customer service at any time to see the vehicle’s location and estimated time of arrival. Depending on the length of the route and the centrality or remoteness of the pickup and dropoff locations, it can take a day or two all the way up to a few weeks for the vehicle to be delivered. Once the car has been dropped off and checked for damages, make sure to take advantage of the Clean Car Guarantee to make sure your car looks like new.

Do we recommend Sherpa Auto Transport?

We recommend Sherpa for their transparent pricing, highly reviewed customer service and other benefits like the Clean Car Guarantee and variety of discounts. Sherpa’s commitment to clear communication and straightforward pricing has made a difference in the industry, and for this reason, we think they are a good choice for auto transports.

Sherpa Auto Transport Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sherpa Auto Transport?

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

We had initially reached out to some other brokers and some other companies and carriers. The one we initially went with ended up not being very professional and the communication with them was very bad. We were outside of the two week window of pick-up time and thought we'd take a second look. I found Sherpa on Nextdoor which kinda gets you in touch with people within your community, your neighborhood, or maybe your subdivision. A gentleman had used them several times and said they were awesome.

I called Sherpa and set up the pick-up window and the delivery of the car. Compared to the first company we talked to, it was like night and day. The young lady that I spoke with definitely knew the ins and outs of the auto transportation business. I could tell that just within 10 minutes of talking with her. While we were on the phone, I was getting some of the emails that she was sending to look over and sign and get back with them. Everything was really professional, very seamless, and very efficient. I can't think of anything that they could have done better. They were top-notch from the beginning.

After I spoke with the first young lady, it was a great phone call and we felt pretty confident that this was gonna be a better situation and a better company to go with. A few days later, I received a call from David and he also was really professional and very funny. We were kind of having a nice conversation on the phone that after I got off the phone with him, I felt like we did choose a better company to go with because he also knew the ins and outs of the transportation business when I spoke with him, from the first call phone call to the second phone call with him.

Where my son's car was being delivered to, it's a very small town and the roads can be hard to navigate with a rig that large. What the driver did was he parked his carrier then unloaded his car and went to my son's apartment complex and picked him up. He then brought my son back to the carrier to get his car. That was really great. Even though it was a small town and my son could've taken an Uber, it was really nice that they didn't make him go through that extra trouble just to get his vehicle.

Get buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
    Original review: April 22, 2020

I already hired another company and they said that they would have my car shipped by a certain date. The date had come and gone, and then they said that within 24 hours, they would get my car shipped. And so, that came and went. I looked for other ones then I found Sherpa and another company. I called one other place and that was nice too. They were in one of the top things, but I didn't feel like they were gonna produce what we needed. Then I called Sherpa and they got me a transport really quickly. They actually delivered my car the day that the original company was supposed to deliver it so I was very pleased.

Here's the thing, these places wait for someone to pick up your vehicle. My vehicle wasn't getting a pickup. A trucker wasn't looking to pick my vehicle up. This particular trucking company had someone cancel. The driver decided to pick mine up because someone canceled and he wanted to have a full load. I thought they were very good, friendly, and I just felt comfortable with them. The people were excellent in explaining things, offered me $100 for rebates, and made things really simple.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Natazche, we are sorry that you had a bad experience previously. We know all too well what it's like when a company promises they can transport your vehicle for a low amount and then never delivers. This exact thing happened to our founder and is why Sherpa Auto Transport was born. We promise to disrupt the industry standards by providing excellent customer service, offering transparent pricing backed by our Price Lock Promise, and only working with thoroughly vetted carriers. It can be hard to trust another company after having such a negative experience and it means a lot to us that you chose to work with us. It was our pleasure to assist you and we hope we have the chance to impress you again in the future.

Original review: March 18, 2020

My daughter needed to bring her car to Florida for the Disney College Program. We were looking at Montway and I felt they were giving me the runaround. But Sherpa was number two on the list of the top five and I called them because I found Montway not being very accommodating. They couldn't guarantee that my daughter's car was gonna be there when I needed it there. And for them to pick it up, they wanted an extra $400. I also ended up looking at reviews and Montway got some nasty ones.

Sherpa pretty much gave me the quote the first night I talked to them, but they kept the deliveries very close to the vest. We kept getting closer and closer to my date that I felt was the drop-dead date to pick up, but the guy was very reassuring. He kept saying not to worry and that they were working on it. He said that it takes them time to do things and that they haven't secured a driver yet, but we were not being left hanging. But he wasn't sarcastic, relaxed, or used any sort of condescending tone.

Still, I was getting nervous because I wanted everything to happen the way it did. But the guy we dealt with was really good. His name was John from Christian Auto and he kept us in the loop the whole time as far as when his driver was gonna be picking up the vehicle on Thursday morning. He called us the night before saying that the driver was gonna be picking it up around 7:30 and he was 15 minutes early the next day. Then he put the car on, took his pictures, and left. My daughter and wife arrived on Saturday night and he was there at seven o'clock that Sunday morning. The car arrived dirty, but that was a by-product of the trip. No big deal. Everybody was happy and my wife and daughter did what they needed to do. I was very impressed and happy with Sherpa. They did what they had to do.

In fact, I should've called them again. The Disney College Program was canceled due to the virus, so I'm leaving for Florida tomorrow to drive the car back myself and I really don't wanna drive it back myself. But all of this happened on Saturday and we had to make it happen because my daughter has to be physically off the property tomorrow. I would've liked to retain Sherpa, but I didn't think I had enough time to secure a driver and I didn't feel like spending 1,000 bucks either.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I was moving across the country, and my wife was uncomfortable with us driving separate cars. So I had a sedan 2003, BMW 325i shipped with Sherpa. I like the price lock thing that they have. I got a quote, and then it wasn't ridiculously high and after that, that was good. I probably would have gone with some of the others if it had been that much more, but I had somebody else quote a little bit less, but it was also unreliable.

The rep of Sherpa was super cool. He was nice and easy to talk to and didn't sound crazy bored. He cared, and he went out of his way to make sure I knew some of the important details that were critical to me and my little excursion. Transparency is important, and it also helped greatly that he explained the process from start to finish. I never felt like I had to call back to ask how something was gonna work. Explaining the process was the best part.

I told them when we were gonna be there, and they were there two days earlier and that sucked. It is what it is, and they have to plan for some extra days. But this was one of those situations where he just happened to be able to blow on through, but I wish it didn't mean that I needed to make other arrangements. The arrangements were done for me mostly, but then I ended up paying via PayPal to a personal account. It was just a weird situation. But ultimately, everybody worked with me and made it happen. By then, it was beyond Sherpa, but I do wish that they have not arrived early. But everything looked the same and pretty much normal with the vehicle.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Thanks for the great review, Addison! We appreciate you being honest about your transport experience. Our goal is for every customer to feel well-informed and knowledgeable about the auto transport process and confident in their decision to ship with Sherpa. We love hearing that you felt this way while we worked together to move your wife's BMW. We're sorry for the inconvenience the early delivery caused. Due to the fluctuating nature of weather patterns and road conditions, it can be difficult to nail down exact dates regarding pickup. We do our best to push our drivers to be as specific as possible regarding timing and appreciate your patience in light of these complexities. Thank you for choosing Sherpa Auto Transport and we look forward to working with you again in the future!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

We needed to relocate a car to a place where we had a garage to keep it. I did quite a bit of research. This transport business is full of people who are difficult to work with because people do not give you the straight information about what is going on and how things are charged and how things are organized. So, I called several companies, and every time, I was learning something new until I finally found out what are the rates, who decides on what, what’s the service the brokers provided, who the brokers are, and all of that stuff. Then after calling about 8 to 10 people, I found out how the system worked. And then, I just took care of myself and negotiated on what I learned and I found that Sherpa Auto Transport was very straightforward. They had a good reputation, which was important to me, and so I decided to go with them.

I was satisfied with the price that was quoted, the way everything went and the way I communicated in particular, which was one of the things I read a lot about people having a hard time to communicate with the company. It all worked out very well for me, so I’m very happy. The broker that I talked with was very nice and answered all my questions. I knew what questions to ask at that point in time and the range that I was willing to accept. I wasn’t looking for getting the absolute cheapest. I was looking for somebody I could trust and that was reputable. I got a decent price on it, but I didn’t know if that was the absolute rock-bottom. But Sherpa's price seemed fair, so I got that. I was happy with it and that person met that price easily, and there were no problems. I had a very good agent.

Our delivery situation was a bit complicated because I’m operating out of North Carolina, but the car was in the suburbs of Atlanta, and it had to be delivered in New Mexico, and I wasn’t there at the delivery. And so, it was all done by phone and there was a bit of a hiccup at the beginning because I was told that the driver would come at a certain time. But we didn’t hear from him, and so I started calling around. And then I finally understood that he was not in Atlanta when I had thought he might be in Atlanta at that time. So, he still had to fill up his truck. When I understood that, I talked to his people at that office, the dispatcher, and they explained that to me. We were very patient. He was supposed to come on a Saturday and he came first thing Monday morning. But we were the last to be loaded on the truck because I was told that it would take four days, and it did. We were the last in and the first out, the way their schedule worked out.

The delivery driver was very good. I got a lot of email information from Sherpa to do this and that, and we did that, took all the pictures and sent them by email to everybody. It was done very well because my son was at the beginning when they loaded it up, so he took a bunch of pictures with his phone and then sent me the pictures. I forwarded them to where the guy was gonna be at the exit, and then he knew what to do. It was an old car, so there were some issues with it, but nothing happened to the car that was Sherpa’s fault.

I was very satisfied Sherpa. I did my homework. I just wished I had learned a couple of things earlier on. For instance, I was concerned about this business of paying in cash at the other end, and nobody thought to tell me all you have to do is just go to your bank and then FedEx the check. It just seemed like a simple thing, but I read a lot of people who were complaining about, “Why do I have to pay in cash? And you have to do this and that.” This worked out very well for me because I just went to my bank once I knew what the amount was, and then I mailed it out. And of course, I learned on the way that some drivers want to be actually paid in cash. But the drivers are selected to be working, so it was made through the company that the driver was driving, which was fine with me. I didn’t know at the beginning. So, Sherpa should tell their brokers to suggest that to people when they don’t know what to do.

Most people don’t understand how the system works, and I think it would be to your advantage to be really above ground. When I started out, I did not understand that the people who I was talking were brokers. I did not understand that you posted the trip on some sort of a board where the drivers are and that you sort out those drivers as they come in according to your criteria. I was not aware of what is Sherpa's commission and what is the commission of the people who drive. But little by little, I learned all of that, the price per mile and shipping. My shipping, I could not have gotten it more than $450. There wouldn’t be any driver who do that. I’ve met all kinds of people on the way. I’ve met some very nice people and some people who were trying to push me into making a decision that I wasn’t ready to make. But not at Sherpa. By the time I reached them, I understood the system well enough that it was smooth sailing at that point in time.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

Had an amazing experience with Sherpa. They quickly found someone to bring my Expedition to Portland for a fair price. The drivers were in constant contact and the truck arrived safely and quickly. I am really impressed, and it’s not easy to impress me! Thanks Sherpa and Finesse Transport, you guys are great!!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

I looked at 4 or 5 companies before I went with Sherpa. I liked the door-to-door pickup and their good communication. They got back to me right away. Everything was very clear. They were friendly and I got a good vibe. The communication during the transport was terrific and I was surprised on how quickly they got the car across the country. I was very impressed. The quote was accurate too. It was great with Sherpa. 5 stars.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2020

I bought a car from a private owner in another state and had it brought to me. I went through six companies while looking around for a transport service, put it on social media, and got about six different recommendations. Then, I decided to go with Sherpa because they provided a decent follow through. They also simplified the process and made it consumer friendly. The person I talked to asked all the particulars, got all the information, and put it together. The first driver canceled, but they very quickly found another driver and got everything going.

The process was pretty seamless on their end, even though I could tell behind the scenes that they were probably scrambling a little bit, They insulated me from that part of the process. From what they did versus what I paid, the price was a good value. The quote they gave me was also dead-on. Plus, the delivery was fantastic and the guy was super friendly. He took the car right to the location and it was in the exact condition when they put it on the vehicle, so all in all, the experience was great.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

Sherpa is an awesome transport company. I recommend them highly. They were very helpful in answering all my many questions and patient as I called back several times. I had a vehicle transported from Virginia to Upper Michigan. The driver kept in touch with pick up and delivery times and the vehicle arrived in exactly the same condition as when it left. The picture was taken at delivery. I would use them again, if the need arises.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

I looked at 4 transport companies and probably the line that grabbed me to go with Sherpa was the fact that they never have any surcharges. The estimate they give you is what you pay. If it cost them a little bit more with their subcontractor to get the car there, they eat the difference. They get more profit if they find a subcontractor that gives them a good price. They were competitive with the others I looked at but I liked that feature.

The transport was about 2,000 miles from Pennsylvania to Arizona and it took right about three days. We met the driver at the specified location. We had a little misunderstanding because we were meeting behind the giant supermarket on Atherton. It turns out that this Atherton is a main street and State College and there's this giant end, both ends of it. We went to the east end and he was at the west end. But he quickly called us and it was like a 10-minute drive over there so it was not a problem.

The quote was reasonable given the circumstances. The subcontractor that they used was very good. He was courteous, very professional, pleasant and patient. He called if there was any question about anything and kept us well-informed on where he was and what his progress was. So we felt good about it. I already had a couple of people and told them that Sherpa very professional. They delivered on time and at the price they quoted.

Sherpa Auto Transport Q&A

Is Sherpa a broker or a carrier?
    Sherpa is an auto transport broker, which means they work with a preferred network of transport companies to ensure your vehicle or fleet is shipped safely and efficiently to its destination.
    Does Sherpa focus on local or long-distance auto transport?
    Sherpa customizes the type of transport to whatever their clients need. Whether you need your vehicle shipped across the country or down the street, they’ll take care of the details.
    Does Sherpa transport classic or antique vehicles?
    Definitely! Sherpa works with enclosed transport trucks that can safely move your luxury or rare vehicle.
    What problem is Sherpa trying to solve?
    Auto transport is a complex industry, and it can be hard for people to find a reliable company. They’re dedicated to providing their customers with a hassle-free process at an affordable rate with no bait-and-switch pricing backed by our Price Lock Promise, while guiding them with clear communication every step of the way.
    What sets Sherpa company apart from the competition?
    Their Price Lock Promise is unheard of in this industry. Too often they hear from customers that they have been told by other companies their vehicle can be shipped at an unrealistically low price - only to discover their vehicle was never picked up or they were asked again and again to increase their price. At Sherpa, they do things differently. With their Price Lock Promise they’ll provide you with one quote and stick to it. The amount that quote you is the amount you’ll pay. It’s that simple.
    What needs does Sherpa’s products or services fulfill, and how do they fulfill those needs better than their competition?
    Whether it’s moving a family car cross-country or making sure your classic car arrives at the show unscathed, Sherpa will get the job done in a timely and affordable manner. Communication is their priority. Sherpa always want their customers to feel informed every step of the way. By updating you frequently throughout the process you can rest assured that your vehicle is in good hands. They’re also committed to finding solutions to potential challenges their customers may face. Examples of this include our Price Lock Promise and their Clean Car Guarantee which enables customers to get their car washed after delivery with us footing the bill.
    How does Sherpa think the industry will change in the next 2-5 years?
    Sherpa is excited to see how technology will evolve to play a more pivotal part in how customers, brokers and carriers work together to do business.
    How does Sherpa measure success?
    Sherpa measures success one satisfied customer at a time. To them, this means no matter how big their company gets or what the numbers look like, if their customers aren’t satisfied at the end of the day, they haven’t succeeded. Sherpa will go the extra mile to make sure they exceed your expectations.

Sherpa Auto Transport Company Information