4.9/5 (1545 ratings)

About Sherpa Auto Transport

Sherpa Auto Transport is an auto transportation provider offering door-to-door shipping, top-notch customer service focused on professional, frequent communication and accurate pricing based on real-time data. When you choose Sherpa you’ll never experience bait-and-switch pricing. With their exclusive Price Lock Promise they’ll tell you how much it will cost to ship your vehicle and stick to it. In an industry rife with false promises and poor communication, Sherpa’s dedication to giving you a smooth and stress-free transport experience extends from the first phone call to after delivery. Contact Sherpa Auto Transport now to get a free and fair full-service auto transport quote backed by their Price Lock Promise.

Pros

• Door-to-door shipping
  • Strictly vetted carriers
  • Price Lock Promise
  • Free car wash upon delivery

Cons

• Terminal-to-terminal transport not offered

Bottom Line

Sherpa is dedicated to providing transparent pricing, personable customer service and hassle-free auto transports. There's no charge until a carrier is secured, and its Price Lock Promise makes financial sense.

Top Sherpa Auto Transport Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sherpa Auto Transport?

Verified

Sherpa had good reviews and the quote they provided was accurate. Customer service was great and the driver was awesome. Everything was good and it all worked out. I’m very please...

Verified

Sherpa's price, responsiveness and their overall structure made me choose them. Their customer service were responsive, answered the phone, gave me answers and kept me up-to-date....

Information from Sherpa on the Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Sherpa’s preferred network of carriers continues to transport vehicles for customers but is taking steps to protect the health of its employees and clients. You can call to secure your shipment. Sherpa encourages customers and transporters to follow all Centers for Disease Control guidelines in regard to COVID-19. Specifically, the company suggests you wipe down and sanitize the following areas of your vehicle upon pickup and delivery: door handles, steering wheel, gear shift and other interior points.

About Sherpa Auto Transport

Sherpa is an auto transporter broker with a focus on transparent pricing and helpful, friendly customer service. They carefully investigate carriers to ensure maximum safety for your vehicle while providing more reliable transportation times. Sherpa specializes in late model vehicles, relocations, snowbird routes and multi-car shipments. They also ship classic automobiles, SUVs, vans, trucks, and even inoperable vehicles. As an added bonus, Sherpa’s Price Lock Promise means you won’t pay more than their initial quote.

Sherpa Auto Transport cost

The average cost to ship a car with Sherpa is about $910, but this can vary based on typical factors, such as type of car, the season of shipment and route taken. The pricing Sherpa offers is based on real-time data. The company does not charge you until it secures a carrier for your vehicle. If you decide to cancel before a carrier is assigned to you, you will only have to pay a $25 dispatch fee; however, if you cancel after a carrier is assigned to you, Sherpa will keep your deposit.

One of Sherpa’s best features is the Price Lock Promise, which means Sherpa will stick to the price they originally quote you. This was born out of the desire among consumers and individuals in the auto transport industry for a more straightforward, clear and honest quote process. Some reviews mention that Sherpa doesn’t necessarily offer the lowest quotes. However, there are several things you can do to mitigate price, such as planning your auto transport well in advance.

Sherpa Auto Transport shipping options

Sherpa offers both local and long-distance transport and is able to ship a wide array of vehicles, including sedans, vans, SUVs and classic cars. Inoperable cars are also accepted. Several discounts are available for snowbird routes, seniors, multi-car transports, repeat customers, students and members of the military. Open and enclosed transport are both options.

Door-to-door shipping is the most commonly offered type of transport with Sherpa, as it tends to be the most convenient option for consumers. Sherpa’s Clean Car Guarantee lets customers make sure their car is sparkling clean, even after a long cross-country trip. After their vehicle has been dropped off, customers can take their car to a car wash, and Sherpa will reimburse them up to $20.

• Local and long-distance transport
  • Ships more than just cars
  • Inoperable and operable cars shipped
  • Discounts available
  • Open and enclosed transport
  • Clean Car Guarantee

Sherpa Auto Transport shipping process

Call Sherpa customer service or fill out an online form to receive a free quote backed by Sherpa’s Price Lock Promise. Sherpa will also give a 2-4 hour pickup window.

Once the vehicle has been picked up, you can call customer service at any time to see the vehicle’s location and estimated time of arrival. Depending on the length of the route and the centrality or remoteness of the pickup and dropoff locations, it can take a day or two all the way up to a few weeks for the vehicle to be delivered. Once the car has been dropped off and checked for damages, make sure to take advantage of the Clean Car Guarantee to make sure your car looks like new.

Do we recommend Sherpa Auto Transport?

We recommend Sherpa for their transparent pricing, highly reviewed customer service and other benefits like the Clean Car Guarantee and variety of discounts. Sherpa’s commitment to clear communication and straightforward pricing has made a difference in the industry, and for this reason, we think they are a good choice for auto transports.

Sherpa Auto Transport Q&A

Is Sherpa a broker or a carrier?

Sherpa is an auto transport broker, which means they work with a preferred network of transport companies to ensure your vehicle or fleet is shipped safely and efficiently to its destination.

Does Sherpa focus on local or long-distance auto transport?

Sherpa customizes the type of transport to whatever their clients need. Whether you need your vehicle shipped across the country or down the street, they’ll take care of the details.

Does Sherpa transport classic or antique vehicles?

Definitely! Sherpa works with enclosed transport trucks that can safely move your luxury or rare vehicle.

What problem is Sherpa trying to solve?

Auto transport is a complex industry, and it can be challenging for consumers to find a reliable company. Sherpa is dedicated to providing its customers a hassle-free process through accurate pricing backed by its Price Lock Promise and clear communication every step of the way.

What sets Sherpa company apart from the competition?

Their Price Lock Promise is unheard of in this industry. Too often they hear from customers that they have been told by other companies their vehicle can be shipped at an unrealistically low price - only to discover their vehicle was never picked up or they were asked again and again to increase their price. At Sherpa, they do things differently. With their Price Lock Promise they’ll provide you with one quote and stick to it. The amount that quote you is the amount you’ll pay. It’s that simple.

What needs does Sherpa’s products or services fulfill, and how do they fulfill those needs better than their competition?

Whether it’s moving a family vehicle cross-country or making sure your classic car arrives at the show unscathed, Sherpa will get the job done in a timely and affordable manner with communication as its top priority. Sherpa always wants the company's customers to feel informed every step of the way. Frequently updates throughout the process help you rest assured that your vehicle is in good hands. Sherpa is also committed to finding solutions to potential challenges its customers may face. Examples of this include its Price Lock Promise and Clean Car Guarantee, which enables customers to get their car washed after delivery with a reimbursement from Sherpa for up to $20.

How does Sherpa think the industry will change in the next 2-5 years?

Sherpa is excited to see how technology will evolve to play a more pivotal part in how customers, brokers and carriers work together to do business.

How does Sherpa measure success?

Sherpa measures success one satisfied customer at a time. To them, this means no matter how big their company gets or what the numbers look like, if their customers aren’t satisfied at the end of the day, they haven’t succeeded. Sherpa will go the extra mile to make sure they exceed your expectations.

Sherpa Auto Transport Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sherpa Auto Transport?

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

Sherpa’s reps were very good about providing me all the information that I needed and answering all my questions upfront. And the price was comparable to some of the others, which was why I ended up going with them. The pick-up was a little unnerving because I had never done it before and the driver was new. He called me at one point and said that he was only 10 minutes from my house and two hours later, he hadn't shown up. He wasn't answering his phone, which I appreciate if he's driving, but I had to call a couple of times. Finally, I went through the supervisor or the contact number and he was two hours away. So, the time was way off.

When the driver and I finally met up, he said he couldn't get the truck into my street, which was strange. But I told him that there’s a restaurant area right up the street and I would just meet him there. When I got there, he said he was there but there was no truck. I was looking and driving around and finally, I saw the man. He asked if I was looking for the transport company and he said it was him. I asked where the truck was. He parked it half a block down the middle of the road and I asked why he didn’t just park here. And he said he couldn't get the truck in. it was very stressful at the beginning but once he had the car, everything went smoothly. He was very pleasant and when he got to Colorado, he called me and let me know that the car had been dropped off. My son was very happy and everything worked out well.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Thank you for your feedback, Ruby. We do our best to provide accurate pickup and drop-off times. To do this we coordinate with many people, including the driver and their dispatch team. Due to the complexity of logistics, it’s very difficult to be accurate down to the hour of delivery. We do our best to push our drivers to be as specific as possible regarding timing and appreciate your patience in light of these complexities.

Get buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2022

I called Sherpa Auto Transport and I got somebody. It was a person who spoke English. That made me happy because I felt we were communicating. And we had a discussion. He told me how it all worked and how much it would cost. We talked about dates. And somehow they got back to me. They set it up. It was very smooth. They told me there would be a driver. Somebody said he would call. I got anxious about the whole thing. Because I'm in the middle of Manhattan. My car is in a garage. I can drive it where they need to. But how would I do it in the middle of Manhattan? The driver called me up and said, "I'll be there in the blah, blah, minutes". And I went over to the garage and got the car. And I thought, "What am I going to do? I'm going to have to park it somewhere. And then I'm gonna find a parking space.”

It ended up being nothing at all. So, I waited on 55th Street. Second Avenue goes from one end of Manhattan all the way down to the other end. It goes from north to south. And he said, "I'll meet you at 54th in a second. I'll have my transport there." I drove over there. And there he was with the transport. He got out. And we looked at the car. We had a chit-chat about it. And he said, "All right. See you later." He got in the car. Drove it on the transport. I turned around, took a picture of it and left. The driver was a sweetheart. He picked the car up on a Friday. And it was delivered on a Tuesday.

Whoever did it in Texas was a different person than I talked to, who was the ultimate driver. He called her a half an hour. He said he was 10 miles out. But she didn't answer the phone. So, the driver called me. And I called her. And he called her. She lives in Austin, Texas. She lives more out in the suburbs. And she said, he didn't want to bring it on her street because there were too many trees. She said, "I just jogged over to the, you know. It wasn't very far." She sent me a thing and said, "There's this little ding here." I said, "Oh, that's an old one." There was nothing. And he gave her the keys. She signed it, she gave him the check, and that was that. It was very smooth. They had their stuff together. The car got there in no time. Sherpa was great. Everybody was professional. I would recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2022

We just had our daughter's car transported. I had trouble because I didn't know how the whole process works. The car wasn't getting picked up. It was listed lower. Sherpa didn't explain it. I would say, “Somebody quoted me at 1,200.” And the guy would say, “Okay. I can match that.” So, he had it listed but it wasn't going anywhere. I didn't have any idea. I spoke with them a few times, and the first time, I spoke with a lady and she explained how it works. She was nice and upfront. She looked on there and said, “I can see your car is listed twice. That's not good, because they're bidding against each other.” And she said, “You want to contact the one of the two and have them not listed, just take it off.”

I called them back because she was helpful. It was getting close to time that we needed the car to be there. The guy just explained to me that we needed to up the price if we wanted to get picked up and delivered. I would get a rental car so it was worth a couple extra $100 to get it picked up. As soon as I spoke with him that day, he took a deposit. And four hours later, somebody was coming to pick it up.

That guy was super nice. I told him, “I don't know exactly where we're gonna have it delivered to but it's Birmingham, Alabama.” And he said, “Okay, I'll put down ‘To be determined.’ and you can let me know.” While we were figuring it out, this was between Friday and Sunday, so he didn't even have a destination address. When he called me, I told him the address of the truck stop place. I called him back and asked him if he could just deliver it to my family, and he said, “Okay. No problem.“ So, it worked out good. The guy called me and gave me an update when it would be at my cousin's house, because it got there before we did, which was surprising. He got it there in three days. It was crazy how fast it went. He picked the car up on Friday afternoon and it arrived Sunday night.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

The gentleman from Sherpa who assisted me was very informative, explaining the whole process. He told me what to be aware of and of how other companies can take advantage if you don't know what you're looking for. He didn't say that he was the right choice. He said it was my choice to select the company I wanted to use for my auto transport. So, I felt confident that he provided me with the right information. I spoke to others as well and they were much higher. So, I went with the one that was best for my budget. Sherpa was very straightforward and even gave me the opportunity to select who I wanted to choose. They weren't going to be the best choice but I went with them because they were truthful and honest about the process.

Shawn, the driver, was wonderful. His partner reached out to me and informed me that they would be able to pick up my car. She told me what day they would be picking it up and what day to expect it here in my area for delivery. So, she kept me engaged as far as giving me a status. When they knew they weren't gonna be able to make it a day earlier, they were very upfront, giving me a call to tell me that the driver had a delay, there was no additional fees for that delay, and was still able to get it to me on the day that they originally stated it would. So, it was very good communication. Then, when the vehicle got here, it was very easy to find the gentleman. We met in a public location, in a Walmart parking lot, for the driver’s safety because of how big of a rig he was driving, and for my safety, too, not knowing whom I was going to be meeting with.

I had a nice conversation with the gentleman. My husband and I both felt like he was a straightforward, very good guy. And it was simple and very easy. I was quoted 725. I paid 250 for the deposit and my card did not get charged any more than the 250. I had to provide 475 cash at the time of delivery, which I was able to do. And everything was fine. There was no fluctuation in the cost.

Original review: May 29, 2022

Sherpa had the best consumer rating. I also had got a referral from somebody who used them as well so I ended up choosing them. We were shipping the car because my son was moving to Detroit. We needed somehow to get the car there at around the same time. The rep I had was very upfront with all the costs. The only thing was if you didn't sign up right then and there, the price fluctuated. That was the only irritating piece. We couldn't lock down a date because my son was trying to get into his apartment at the same time. By the time we locked a date, the price had gone up. The fluctuation was pretty substantial and was about 300 bucks. It was the time of year because we were in Arizona and there are a lot of snowbirds leaving to go back.

The carrier let me know 24 hours in advance that they were gonna be ready and that they were coming by to get the car. The carrier then reached out when he seemed about six hours from our house and three hours from the house. He scheduled a meeting point because where I live, he couldn't get the semi-truck to the street. He was fine and we gave him the car. From there, it was four days from Arizona to Detroit. He coordinated with my son a drop-off point. They video-shared what it looked like and exchanged the funds. It was awesome.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Thank you for the review, Christine! We pride ourselves on working hard for our customers by providing them with fair pricing, frequent and courteous communication and a trusted network of carriers. We get our pricing based on using real-time market data to get you the most accurate pricing to make sure we secure a driver to pick-up your vehicle backed by our Price Lock Promise. Our pricing does not change once you lock in your shipment with us. While it may seem higher than some other quotes you receive, the reason is because we price you accurately to provide the best experience possible! We are glad you had a good experience and hope to ship for you again in the future!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2023

I called Sherpa, told the rep where the pickup and delivery were, and they got back with me. They found the driver, and it was pretty simple. The driver called the day before the delivery to say when the drop was gonna be made, and he set up a location. So where I was at, I just met him close to the major interstate there. There was a truck stop for a fueling station and that's where we met. He offloaded the vehicle and did our walk-around, and checked everything out. It was a pretty easy process.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2023

Before Sherpa shipped, they took photographs of the car in the showroom in Knoxville, Tennessee, and sent me several interior, as well as one exterior. And when they delivered it, the same thing. All the paperwork was good. And the driver was good. It couldn't have been a better experience.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2023

My experience with the shipper has been very good. Sherpa was not the least expensive, but they were the highest rated, and I believe that paid off because they treated me with courtesy found a transport quickly. My car arrived in excellent condition and transaction is completed with no complications, the price they proposed upfront was the price we paid at the end. We are very pleased with this transaction.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2023

We were very delayed in getting our cars picked up (1/2 - 1/6 was the original window and actual pick up was 1/21). It was extremely stressful since we had to find someone to handle getting our cars to the meet the driver while we were in another state. Once it was actually booked, it was amazing! Great communication and amazing delivery! I would have preferred a lot less stress in an already very stressful cross-country move.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2023

They were very much in contact with me. Delivery of my vehicle went well. It was late but I was pleased with the mode of transportation.

Sherpa Auto Transport Company Information