Call toll free

Call toll free
Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.77/5
Visit Website

eShip works to connect its customers with the most reputable carriers for their auto transport and household moving needs. The company handles more than 3,000 automotive moves every year and is dedicated to providing the highest quality customer service possible. Its team takes pride in being available seven days a week to ensure all of its clients' transport needs are met. The company does its best to work with you to find the best transport at the best price within the dates you need. eShip can ship more than just cars, too — they have experience shipping motorcycles, boats, trucks, classic and exotic cars and RVs.

eShip Video
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

eShip offers guaranteed protected, timely auto shipments anywhere in the United States. Although they don’t offer terminal-to-terminal shipping, no upfront deposit is required, making payment convenient.

PROS

• Great insurance policy
  • No upfront deposit
  • Enclosed transport available
  • Ships motorcycles and boats, too

CONS

• No terminal-to-terminal shipping option

Top eShip Reviews

We purchased a car and eShip transported it 2,000 miles. Their reps were very responsive to our questions. The transport took four days and they did a great job. Their driver was fantastic.

We had our daughter's car transported from Austin, TX to Newport Beach, CA. From immediate quote after initial email inquiry to arranging, transporting and dropping off at a location of our choice, eShip provided excellent service.

About eShip

eShip is a licensed and bonded auto transport broker, and all of its carriers are fully insured and bonded. Because eShip is a broker, this means they work with you to find an appropriate carrier for your needs. Door-to-door transport, where a vehicle is picked up at your preferred address and dropped off at an exact endpoint, is the most common type of transportation offered by eShip. eShip guarantees that every driver they work with is insured. If not, eShip will pay for any uncovered damage.

eShip cost

The average cost to ship a car with eShip is $500 according to their website, but this will vary based on factors like the season, car, route and exact dates. Expect shipping to cost more if you opt for enclosed shipping, which adds protection to your vehicle. To save money, it helps to schedule auto transport as far in advance as possible.

eShip’s complimentary Platinum Protection Plan offers a damage free guarantee. If any damage to the vehicle isn’t covered by the carrier’s insurance, eShip will pay for the repairs. This plan also offers rental reimbursement of up to $300 under most circumstances if your vehicle is more than 48 hours late. No upfront deposit is required to reserve a spot with eShip — you only need to pay once your vehicle has been shipped.

eShip transport options

eShip can perform both open and enclosed transport. Open transport is cheaper, but enclosed transport is a good choice for classic or otherwise highly valuable cars as it protects vehicles from the elements.

eShip has the following pickup and dropoff options: door-to-door, door-to-terminal and terminal-to-door. Pickup or drop off at a terminal may be a solution if shipping to a location is difficult to access.

eShip highlights:

• Licensed and bonded
  • Insured carriers
  • Open and enclosed transport options
  • Rental reimbursement plan
  • Door-to-door shipping

eShip shipping process

Each eShip customer is given a personal logistics coordinator for the entire shipment process. The average time eShip takes to pick up a car and drop it off from coast to coast is 7 to 10 days. From the coast to the Midwest, it takes from three days to a week.

Most cross-country auto transports are completed on an 8-10 car carrier. Shorter shipments are typically done on 2-3 car carriers. eShip has representatives available 7 days a week for customers who want to track the status of their vehicle.

eShip FAQ

Can eShip transport my motorcycle?
Yes. eShip doesn’t just haul cars. In addition to motorcycles, the company can transport RVs, trucks, boats and classic or exotic cars.
Does eShip have insurance?
Yes. Each auto transport from eShip comes with a Platinum Protection Plan that guarantees eShip pays for any damage not covered by the carrier.
Does eShip have tracking?
Yes. You can call eShip and speak to a representative to inquire about the location of your vehicle.

Do we recommend eShip?

We recommend eShip for their reliability and their unique Platinum Protection Plan, which covers the unlikely case of unexpected damages and provides rental reimbursement in the case a vehicle arrives late. We also like that they ship motorcycles, trucks, RVs, boats and classic cars in addition to regular automobiles. Their commitment to customer service and clear communication makes them a good choice for shipping a vehicle domestically.

eShip Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

eShip was good. I went with another company but they proved they weren't working with me very well. They gave me the lower price and couldn't provide the service. And then, I pulled up eShip, talked to three people, and it sounded like they were all doing the same thing to get my vehicle shipped in slightly different prices, but I knew where I'm at. It was gonna be the most aggressive individual because the shipping of the vehicle is gonna be a unique situation. eShip's salesman was the most aggressive of them and I went with him. It cost me a little bit more, but we were able to remedy the situation and get the vehicle delivered as soon as possible. The transport was from Brooklyn to California. And because it was an extra large vehicle, it couldn't be on a group shipping line. It had to be trucked in a pick-up and trailer across the country.

eShip's customer service was good. The salesman was helpful, and they might have got a little extra from it, but at the same time, I was ready to pay it because I needed it to move. And along the way, the driver didn't communicate a ton, but he was just a contractor for eShip. Everyone from eShip I was communicating with got right back with me, and it was good communication and it ended up going well.

The pick up was the thing, and the vehicle couldn't get in neutral if it wasn't turned on and it didn't start. So, they had to get really creative at pick up after rush hour in downtown Brooklyn. The trailer wouldn't fit in the area, so they got another tow truck and got it on the trailer. And for the price I paid, I paid for good problem solving and solutions minded driver. The pick up was a challenge and delivery was reasonable. The driver might have taken a little longer, and I'm not gonna hold it against him, but at the same time, we were happy when he arrived and how the drop off went. So, it went as good as to be expected.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

I had to ship an inherited vehicle, that was my cousin's, from Denver, Colorado to Gladstone, Oregon so I spoke with a couple of shipping companies. I was a little leery because I had a friend that moved from Arizona to Oregon, and she has a Beemer. And on her shipping situation, it was a full move from their apartment and her car was driven an extra 70 miles and had damage on it. I was freaking out a bit, and this car had more sentimental value and it needed some work and stuff on my end. It seems some people I called are sketchy, I couldn't really understand them -- language barrier a little bit on some cases. But the person I talked to at eShip seemed legit.

I had told myself I wasn't gonna use a company from Florida because I got bombarded with all kinds of calls. I'm in sales, I know the drill. A lot of times, you get price a quote that seemed like, "Oh, wow. That's really inexpensive," but then when the carrier gets there there's issues where they kinda up the amount. So she was very honest and I appreciated that. eShip also has good ratings.

My cousin was part-owner of a fourplex, and so I'm friends with one of the tenants there and then his other business partner, but that had been a big mess. But they picked it up. Tony, the resident over there drove it to where they could load it right up the street so they could put it on the stinger. And there was only like a couple days delay because the driver was sick, which I understand because everybody had that cold. He was cool. He was familiar with my area, and he dropped it off. We have a main thoroughfare but there's a lot of car lots, so he could just run the carrier in the middle of our street. They were here in about four days. Even the carrier was really nice. He was very professional, checked the car out and it went really smooth. I was totally happy. Car had stuff in it and everything was as it should have been. There was nothing touched nor gone through.

eShip response

Thank you JERI for taking the time to write about your 5 star experience. We are family owned & operated, guaranteeing honest and competitive transport services, reassuring your vehicle safety, Thank you again for the opportunity to earn your business.. Mark Anthony …

Original review: June 5, 2019

We were provided exemplary service thru eShip. I spoke with Danielle several times. She was not only helpful she eased my mind totally. We have a 78 Cadillac Biarritz (41 yrs old) that needed shipped from Seattle WA to New Orleans. This car is the same year I graduated high school. I got it in 87. Once we realized we would not be able to drive up and get it ourselves due to weather I called eShip. From the first conversation until the day my old friend rolled off of the truck Danielle stayed in touch. She was "hands-on". For lack of a better term. She gave me a pickup date...then called three days before and asked if we would mind if "Charlie" was picked up 3 days earlier and all I could do was cry and say, "Please get him." She also made sure I had the driver's information and I was able to give the driver my daughter's info in case he had any problems in Seattle.

My calls and emails were ALWAYS ANSWERED within 20 minutes. We received "Charlie" earlier than expected. He arrived looking wonderful. Danielle has no idea how much this car means to me. I now have a Chrysler 300 to ship to our youngest daughter and her husband for a gift for their first baby. If we ship it you can believe we will be calling Danielle again.

Danielle thank you for all of your help and remember if you're ever in New Orleans let's have lunch. The drivers were just as professional and kept in touch as much as Danielle. I was never left out of the loop. When they had a delay making them have to wait over 2 hours on another pick up the driver kept in touch. Charlie had a flat tire once he got here, due to old tires. Oscar and his partner took time to do all it took to CAREFULLY unload Charlie with no problems. Thank you Oscar and Friend...I apologize for not remembering his name. This is long, but, I wanted everyone to know this is a wonderfully professional company.

"Charlie's" EXTREMELY HAPPY owner....

eShip response

Thank you for taking the time to write about your 5 star experience. We are family owned & operated, guaranteeing honest and competitive transport services, reassuring your vehicle safety, Thank you again for the opportunity to earn your business.. Danielle …

Original review: April 11, 2019

I live in Northern Virginia and I purchased a brand-new car at a dealership in California outside of Oakland. I looked at a lot of different transport companies before choosing eShip. I submitted information online and from there, I was blown up with harassing telephone calls, text messages, and emails. I didn't understand the industry. I was initially recommended to do Roadrunner, but I felt like the price was a bit more than what I wanted. They are a national name brand company, but they were horrific in terms of the harassment and the customer service. I should've started with the Better Business Bureau. I got a list of names and I looked at eShip's reviews on the Better Business Bureau website. I also looked at Yelp reviews and they were all good.

Every time I called eShip, I got the same person, which was very nice because it was a very stressful experience for me. It was my first time doing anything like it. I literally bought a car on the internet and I heard horror stories in regards to the shipping industry giving you a lowball price upfront, then once you lock it in, they come back with something different. The person that I spoke with at eShip was Anna and she was very straightforward. And because of my bad experience dealing with Roadrunner and their hidden fees, I grilled her about the actual contract and she took it as a pro and answered all the questions. I don't know how big eShip is, but I like the fact that whenever I called back, I dealt with the same people. It didn't feel like I was dealing with a call center. They were Anna and a gentleman and they were both very nice, although I mostly interacted with Anna.

My experience with eShip was awesome. I spoke to Anna at 10:00 am and she said my car was ready to go, in record time. I said, "It wasn't even an hour." She called me back and she said, "We have a transporter. They're ready to go. They can pick your car up tomorrow." I was really surprised based upon the reviews, not from eShip, but with the industry in general, that it could take anywhere from three to five days. eShip was able to find me someone and do it in record time.

The only negative that I felt through all of that was the driver. And at that point, I said I was gonna give it to God and hope and pray that my car arrives on time. I never received a telephone call to say that they were picking up my vehicle. My understanding was that I was supposed to be given at least a four-hour window of pick-up and drop-off, but it never happened. I alerted the dealership that the transport company was coming, so I was told that they were gonna be picking up the vehicle anywhere from 8:00 am to 10:00 am Pacific Standard Time, but they did not show up until 3:30 pm Pacific Standard Time, but it was not a big deal.

Then, I got a 10-minute heads-up that they were dropping my vehicle off. I didn't scream about it because I was having them drop the vehicle off at my job. It was on a weekend, so I knew that the parking lot would be empty and that it would be easy in and easy out. But it would've been a cluster had I not been in the area because I was told that I would get the two to four call heads-up that they are in my area. Again, it wasn't a big deal because I had cleared my schedule and planned to work that day to be able to get the vehicle. But had I not done that, it would've been a disaster.

eShip response

Thank you Dee for taking the time to write about your 5 star experience. We are family owned & operated, guaranteeing honest and competitive transport services, reassuring your vehicle safety, Thank you again for the opportunity to earn your business.. Anna …

Original review: April 8, 2019

I went with eShip over another company for my move to North Carolina to California because of the ease of the initial sales flow that they had with getting in contact with me. They were transparent about providing a quote without having to get on the phone with someone, which was nice. I also saw data from the Better Business Bureau, as well as some reviews, that were very favorable. All those variables were a good match.

Every time I talked to someone on the phone, it was the same point of contact for the majority of the process until I was put in direct contact with the driver, so it was also nice. They made themselves very available through both texting and phone and they made it really clear that I could get in touch with them any time. Any question was fair game, so it felt very personable. It was a nice use of both email and SMS to handle the on-boarding experience. It felt up-to-date and refreshing in terms of transparency.

The handoff from the customer service person at eShip to the contractors or drivers could have gone more smoothly. They gave me the contact info right away and mentioned that the driver would be in contact a few days before coming to pick up the car, but that didn’t end up being the case. The driver never got in touch with me until the day of pickup and was a little wishy-washy on timelines. But once they picked it up, it was fine. They picked it up on the first day that was projected, which was great, but the car ended up not being delivered until about four business days behind schedule.

The vehicle also changed hands with the drivers and I didn’t realize that was gonna be the case. Whoever picked it up from me originally was not the same person that delivered it, although that was fine. It was just not made very clear. There was a several-day delay on the delivery and though it was certainly not expected or hoped for, it didn’t end up being a huge inconvenience for us.

eShip response

Thank you Drew for taking the time to write about your 5 star experience. We are family owned & operated, guaranteeing honest and competitive transport services, reassuring your vehicle safety, Thank you again for the opportunity to earn your business.. Anna …

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eShip?

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

eShip provided great service and on-time delivery. Very smooth from start to finish. Cars arrived sooner than expected and in perfect shape. The driver was very nice and even helped jump the both cars. Cars are classics and arrived in great shape. I would use them again!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

I contacted eShip to have my car picked up from a dealership and delivered to my house. Pickup was on time and delivery was also one day behind the estimated delivery date. Car came in great shape and the driver had a detailed report of any scratches, bumps, etc.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

I had a SUV I needed shipped from NYC to SLC. This was my first experience shipping a vehicle across the country. eShip was very transparent on how the process works and didn't try to sneak anything (fees etc..) by me like most salesman do these days. Mark Anthony at eShip helped me get my vehicle shipped the same day. If I ever need to ship another vehicle I will definitely go through eShip.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

Anna was very informative and easy to work with. The car was shipped in a timely and efficient manner with no damage or issues. Would highly recommend this company even though possibly a little more expensive than others that quoted me prices.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I had many conversations with Mark about the timing but that was mostly because my move date was changing. We did finally settle on the date and the driver showed up in the morning of the appointed day which was great. No trouble getting the car loaded and on its way. I was a bit concerned about the delivery at the final destination because a specific time couldn't be given to me. That was important because I had to drive myself from Texas to Florida. I arrived at my destination about an hour before my car arrived from the transporter so it all worked out. I just wish a more specific delivery time could be provided ahead of time.

eShip Company Information