2. Auto Transporters

4.8/5 (525 ratings)

About eShip

eShip works to connect its customers with the most reputable carriers for their auto transport and household moving needs. The company handles more than 3,000 automotive moves every year and is dedicated to providing the highest quality customer service possible. Its team takes pride in being available seven days a week to ensure all of its clients' transport needs are met. The company does its best to work with you to find the best transport at the best price within the dates you need. eShip can ship more than just cars, too — they have experience shipping motorcycles, boats, trucks, classic and exotic cars and RVs.

Pros

• Great insurance policy
  • No upfront deposit
  • Enclosed transport available
  • Ships motorcycles and boats, too

Cons

• No terminal-to-terminal shipping option

Bottom Line

eShip offers guaranteed protected, timely auto shipments anywhere in the United States. Although they don’t offer terminal-to-terminal shipping, no upfront deposit is required, making payment convenient.

Top eShip Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

We purchased a car and eShip transported it 2,000 miles. Their reps were very responsive to our questions. The transport took four days and they did a great job. Their driver was ...

Verified

We had our daughter's car transported from Austin, TX to Newport Beach, CA. From immediate quote after initial email inquiry to arranging, transporting and dropping off at a locat...

About eShip

eShip is a licensed and bonded auto transport broker, and all of its carriers are fully insured and bonded. Because eShip is a broker, this means they work with you to find an appropriate carrier for your needs. Door-to-door transport, where a vehicle is picked up at your preferred address and dropped off at an exact endpoint, is the most common type of transportation offered by eShip. eShip guarantees that every driver they work with is insured. If not, eShip will pay for any uncovered damage.

eShip cost

The average cost to ship a car with eShip is $500 according to their website, but this will vary based on factors like the season, car, route and exact dates. Expect shipping to cost more if you opt for enclosed shipping, which adds protection to your vehicle. To save money, it helps to schedule auto transport as far in advance as possible.

eShip’s complimentary Platinum Protection Plan offers a damage free guarantee. If any damage to the vehicle isn’t covered by the carrier’s insurance, eShip will pay for the repairs. This plan also offers rental reimbursement of up to $300 under most circumstances if your vehicle is more than 48 hours late. No upfront deposit is required to reserve a spot with eShip — you only need to pay once your vehicle has been shipped.

eShip transport options

eShip can perform both open and enclosed transport. Open transport is cheaper, but enclosed transport is a good choice for classic or otherwise highly valuable cars as it protects vehicles from the elements.

eShip has the following pickup and dropoff options: door-to-door, door-to-terminal and terminal-to-door. Pickup or drop off at a terminal may be a solution if shipping to a location is difficult to access.

eShip highlights:

• Licensed and bonded
  • Insured carriers
  • Open and enclosed transport options
  • Rental reimbursement plan
  • Door-to-door shipping

eShip shipping process

Each eShip customer is given a personal logistics coordinator for the entire shipment process. The average time eShip takes to pick up a car and drop it off from coast to coast is 7 to 10 days. From the coast to the Midwest, it takes from three days to a week.

Most cross-country auto transports are completed on an 8-10 car carrier. Shorter shipments are typically done on 2-3 car carriers. eShip has representatives available 7 days a week for customers who want to track the status of their vehicle.

eShip FAQ

Can eShip transport my motorcycle?
Yes. eShip doesn’t just haul cars. In addition to motorcycles, the company can transport RVs, trucks, boats and classic or exotic cars.
Does eShip have insurance?
Yes. Each auto transport from eShip comes with a Platinum Protection Plan that guarantees eShip pays for any damage not covered by the carrier.
Does eShip have tracking?
Yes. You can call eShip and speak to a representative to inquire about the location of your vehicle.

Do we recommend eShip?

We recommend eShip for their reliability and their unique Platinum Protection Plan, which covers the unlikely case of unexpected damages and provides rental reimbursement in the case a vehicle arrives late. We also like that they ship motorcycles, trucks, RVs, boats and classic cars in addition to regular automobiles. Their commitment to customer service and clear communication makes them a good choice for shipping a vehicle domestically.

eShip Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eShip?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

There was a questionnaire online about my preferences and what I wanted for my car transport. I went to that and then ConsumerAffairs put up 10 choices that they thought might be good ones for me. I talked to the chat person on the ConsumerAffairs website and she recommended three companies out of the 10 that they gave. So I didn’t have to waste my time by going through all 10 of them. I looked through them and started with one company. They were good but they didn’t quite meet my criteria entirely.

Then I looked at eShip and I called them. They were great. They met all my criteria. I was pleased that they took my information. I gave them all my information along with my email address. They got back to me and gave me a broad estimate. Their office is in Florida and I talked to a lady and explained to her. She told me her preferred method of communication was email, which was great. Some places would be text or phone, but I much rather have them tell me what they respond to first, and she did that. She told me the hours and when she will respond.

We emailed back and forth, and she responded right away. I was really anxious, and I was happy to pay more. She said she found a car carrier for me. Then she said they wanted me to meet them near the I-95. I explained to her why that wouldn’t work for me. I told her that I could do what they wanted but I stated the terms in which I could do it. She said, “No, that’s awfully inconvenient. I don’t want to put you through that. Hold on a second. Let me see.” Then she found someone that could come to me so I didn’t have to drive an hour and a half. That was great. They could do it half the timeframe that I needed.

The lady told me the terms and the payment, with paying her and then paying the car carrier people, and the payment they wanted and the timeframe. On the day that the car carrier people was supposed to come, I told the lady that it was 9:00 at night and I was worried. I called different numbers for the car carrier people but no one was answering the phone at 9:00 at night. But she answered my email at 9:00 that night, which was amazing. She gave me phone numbers for them and she told me what they told her. She also told me that she was gonna make them call me and tell me when they were gonna be there, and they did. She stuck to her word about how she said their hours are at 8:00 in the morning until 10:00 at night, seven days a year, except holidays. Each time I contacted her or gave her feedback, she would get back to me with something. She was great. Everything worked out fine.

The car carrier people came and took my car. eShip said it’d take about the week to get it across the country. But they got it to me in half the time that they said, which was great. I read the terms on the contract she wrote out for me that I signed initially, and they were satisfactory. But she did better than what was even on the contract. So I couldn’t be happier. It was the best car transport experience I’ve had for less money than what I’ve paid in the past for the same origin and destination. So I’m really very happy that I looked at ConsumerAffairs and got this recommendation for me.

eShip response

Thank you for taking the time to write about your 5-Star experience. We are family owned & operated, guaranteeing honest and competitive transport services, reassuring your vehicle safety, Thank you again for the opportunity to earn your business.. Mark Anthony …

Get buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

Everything with eShip was excellent. It took one day for them to move the car from Huntsville, Alabama to Bronx, New York. It was not going to a big city. It's kind of like a great, small town. So, it was really rare. They accommodated that. It took a couple of days to get the driver and it cost a little more. I understood that because I've done that drive before. Their representative, Michelle, was great. We switched the pick up time, and she accommodated that and changed the pick up time. The car came here safe and sound.

Everybody was excellent. The driver called me and I called the driver and Michelle called the driver. So, I understood the logistics. Then when I called, I asked him how far he was going to be because I expected it a day after. It's kind of funny because the driver was almost apologetic. I said, “No. I just needed to know.” The best part of it was I got to pay cash. I didn't have to go to the bank and get a certified check. Because of COVID, I really wanted to decrease my exposure.

I've never shipped a car before and even though doing it with eShip was pricey, I thought it would be more. The price I expected was in the range that I expected. I thought it was easy to negotiate, too, to put the money down, and then pay the other half when the car came up. That helped a whole lot with our budget. Also, it wasn't like half and half. It came out to be almost $1,000 but they wanted 300 upfront instead of half. It was workable. So, I knew I had three or four days to make sure that money was in the bank so the cash was available. If I plan to do it again, I have no problem calling eShip or recommending it to my friends. A lot of people think that shipping cars are for rich people. I've come to find out that regular people can ship their cars. This car still has a loan payment on it and it has over 100,000 miles. So, I'm trying to kind of preserve it as much as I can.

eShip response

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

Here is my experience with eSHIP transport from Sacramento, California to Miami, Florida. Before going to eSHIP, I did online search with various car transport companies. Price is different for each car transports. Anna ** from eSHIP helped me with my car transport from west coast to east coast. She got me in touch with carrier name 1 Rate LLC and their phone number. I had trouble speaking to carrier 1 Rate LLC. Driver barely understands English. My car pick location is my home address. But I already moved out to Miami and asked one of my friends to help me with car transport.

I never know what date and time they are going to pick my car. I called couple of time and they said they will get back to me soon. The reason I what to know the date and time because I have to ask my friend to help me with my car transport. But, they called me around 10 AM telling me that driver is coming to pick up my car and he said its 18 wheeler struck. As a courtesy, I told him there were construction going on at my home street address and your 18-wheeler struck parking will be difficult. And I am coordinating with my friend and it is a working day for him and they said they are coming in 2 hours. I was telling them any parking lot like Walmart or nearby. Initially I told 12;30 noon, but due to my fiend’s work schedule he cannot accommodate that time and again I called back the carrier requesting may be after 1pm or 5pm.

Long story short. Instead of me , carrier getting pissed of saying that if my friend don’t drop of the car at the said location by 1pm then I wont take my car. I was totally got pissed off. I was trying to help the carrier driver regarding he will have hurdle parking the vehicle at my street address. It was annoying talk to that guy. I requested my friend to drop off the car at the carrier suggested location.

Even for receiving my car also. I have called couple of times and they didn’t give me any updates. They called me just 2 hours before. Damn, what if your stuck in office meeting or went outside. Luckily, I was at home and able to pick up my car. By end of the day, I got my car safely to Miami without any damage. Lesson learnt, never try to help. If driver coming to pick the car from your home address let him come and even there is no place for parking. It's their headache. If you trying to help, they will give you hard time. Lastly, eSHIP Anna **, gave me good price for my car transport and I am happy with her help, except carrier guy.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

I bought a van out of state. I live in Central New York and the van was in the middle of the country. It had to be shipped to the West Coast to have some stuff done to it. It would've cost me equally as much if not more money between driving, lodging and gas so I had it transported. eShip was a referral from a friend that had it done so I went with them. The communication was great along the way. They've been getting back to my questions that I had. It took the slightest bit longer to pick up and get transported, but it wasn't their fault. It was driver issues. However, some of the attention to detail like inputting the pickup and transfer information could improve. I had texted the information and set it all up but when I was going through the contract to sign everything, it was incorrect.

The other thing was I wasn't able to be there to pick it up. I didn't realize that that could have been a problem until well after the process of contract, kinda like the commitment was already there. I have communicated I would not be able to pick it up that's why I was having it shipped. Later in the process, I found that I was likely going to have to be there to sign which was never communicated with me. That did cause a little bit of mini stress.

The payment coordination of figuring out how it would be done remotely from afar was a bit of a pain because, at first, it said that I could use Zelle to pay for it but the person called and I couldn't use Zelle because of the payment limit amount. We had to troubleshoot with the guy on the phone about how I could get money to them so that they could drop the car off. That should've been really cleaned and buttoned-up before that instead of on the spot. That was a bit frustrating and I didn't want that to happen because you're so far in the process and the van is sitting at the location and I was having problems with that. I did not like that at all. You want it to be very seamless particularly at that point in the process but that did not feel seamless when that happened.

There was also a massive shift in price. I was quoted at 1,200 but apparently the carrier who picks up the vehicle can set a rate too. So it ended up being $2,500 which is always a sticker shock when you see it's double than what you were quoted. But the rep did mention it could happen so I was at least aware of it.

eShip response

Kyle, thank you so much for sharing your experience with Consumer Affairs. We appreciate the honest review and are thankful for it. Situations out of our control can be frustrating for all parties involved. Our mission to deliver exceptional service every time so next time make sure you share this information when booking and we will do the best we can! thank you -eShip

Original review: July 6, 2020

I had never worked with any auto transport broker before so I looked up through ConsumerAffairs website and various other referral sites. I must have gone to one site to enter information and it sent my request to 20 brokers. Not knowing how the whole thing worked, I went with someone who had quite high ratings. But eShip's price was also one of the lowest. That ended up being one of their lower offerings where throughout the whole process, it was like a low benchmark and I guess they would have to accept offers on that. But I also got impatient. I would have rather just had someone say, "Here's what the price is. I can pick it up on X date," and eShip actually ended up being closer to that one. I got tired of waiting around to see if my low bid would get accepted. After 72 hours, I more or less said I didn't wanna wait anymore. I would rather have my vehicle at least on a truck.

When I had talked to whoever was assigned to my account at eShip, they were very transparent. So I ended up going with them and they were extremely responsive. They put me in touch with some of the backstory on how the whole broker industry worked. And one thing led to another. Within 24 hours, they had my business and put me in contact with a driver and were very helpful.

eShip's broker did all right and they put me in touch with the head of the driver's company. He would communicate with his driver but for all intents and purposes, I was able to talk with the driver as often as I needed and get updates. Also, we live in kind of a cul-de-sac. It's a one-way entry so I gave them some heads up that they wouldn't wanna come in the front way because if they're coming in with a big old semi, it's gonna be nearly impossible for them to come back out. It was on an open trailer and everything was as I had expected. There were no major surprises that I think eShip would be responsible for. I would very much do business with them right away or refer them to any friends or family.

Original review: June 4, 2021

Vehicle in perfect shape. I truly appreciate you guys so much. You make the experience so pleasant and at ease. This is the 2nd time using your service and you guys have once again fulfilled every need. I'm so thankful to have a company I can trust and call whenever I need and you guys are always available. Thank you again. You are my go to and will absolutely recommend your company.

Original review: June 4, 2021

The shipping experience with eShip was perfect. I have shipped several other cars in the past, and each time it was a guessing game on when the car would be picked up and delivered. Not to mention that the quoted prices always increased. This was not the case with eShip. Instead, they picked up the car on schedule and actually delivered the car a day early in perfect condition.

Original review: June 3, 2021

I highly recommend EShip should you need to transport a car. Their service & communication were EXCELLENT!! They handled coordination, pick up and delivery very well & the car was delivered in great shape. Much better than putting mikes on the car or road tripping cross country myself!!!

Original review: June 2, 2021

Entire shipping Experience was great. Mark was awesome, patient and didn't try to school me or arm twist me. Transparency was huge. Already looking at booking another transport in end of June with you guys. You guys are how everyone should be doing business.

Original review: June 1, 2021

The car delivery services were great. Communication easy and clear and came on time. The car was in great condition and the driver was very happy and courteous. I would recommend this to anyone else. My vehicle was a small sports car which worried me for transporting such a long distance from Florida to Connecticut however everything went perfectly and I am very satisfied.

eShip Company Information