4.82/5
Based on 747 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

eShip works to connect its customers with the most reputable carriers for their auto transport needs. We handle 3000+ automotive moves every year and provide the highest quality customer service possible, pride ourselves on being available 7 days a week. We will do our best to work with you to find the best transport at the best price within the dates you need.

eShip Video
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: May 24, 2018

1583 eShip Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 24, 2018

EShip provided great service and a great price. They kept in touch with me both before and after delivery as did the driver on a cross country trip. Everyone could not have been more professional... I would highly recommend eShip!!!

Get expert buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 24, 2018

We were very nervous as this was our first time to ship also have brand new Mercedes. Craig told me I could call when I needed and I took advantage of it. I called him a lot and he was kind. Driver did a great job and car arrived on time and in perfect condition.

Original review: May 23, 2018

E-Ship did a great job. Was a rush order, and they came through within 8 hours. Truck was picked up and delivered ahead of schedule. Driver was kept me informed of where he was during the transport and showed up within 5 minutes of the scheduled time.

Original review: May 22, 2018

There really are no words to describe how fantastic our transaction was! I spent days researching auto transport companies and read so many scary reviews and horror stories. I was so apprehensive about who to chose to ship our two vehicles. The cheaper the cost, the worst the reviews got. I researched the BB, Yelp, Google, Facebook, you name it!

Once I found eShip and felt comfortable, I contacted them to get a quote. It was a little out of our relocation budget and I explained that to Anna. She researched and found a way to meet what we could afford. We were so thankful. Additionally, she had a driver who scheduled our transport really early in the process. That helped us to plan with a 3-4 day window.

When we got within the 3-4 window, our driver, Jesse, called us one day before pick up. He also called 1 hour out the day of pick up so we were prepared. He was so knowledgeable, courteous, and personable. He genuinely cared about our relocation concerns. Additionally, our cars were early than we expected so we were pleasantly surprised! Jesse dropped our vehicles off first and with great care. We couldn't be more happy. PS: It's ok to tip your driver and provide them with cold bottled water - these guys work hard. Our relocation was from WA State to AZ. If we ever need a transport, we will always go to eShip.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Basically all went well, but it seemed to be an issue getting the car to New Hampshire in a timely fashion. The driver who picked up the car in Port Charlotte and delivered it to CT was very pleasant and helpful.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eShip?

Original review: May 19, 2018

Mark was great from start to finish. It was my first time shipping a car so I was nervous, but he answered every question I had and responded promptly. I would definitely use this company again if I needed to ship another car across the country.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I bought a Toyota Corolla for my daughter. I had to have it shipped for her from California to New York. I looked at three different transport companies, and I also looked online for reviews and eShip seemed reliable. And they also contacted me quickly. The reps were good and very professional and that was something I appreciated.

However, the transport team couldn’t pick up the car where I live. I have to drive 25 miles somewhere else to where they were doing another pickup. Originally, eShip gave me a price and then they wanted to charge me. When it all came down, they said they talked to the person that’s actually moving the car and it’s gonna be $100 more. My contract said there’s no hidden fees. So I told the transport team that eShip issued a hidden fee and they started arguing. I felt like I had to haggle a little bit, which was a little bit disappointing. Still, my daughter said the car arrived on time. It took about eight days and it met my expectations.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I got a new car that was getting shipped to me and the rep that I spoke with from eShip was good. Everybody there was good and I was happy with everything.

eShip response

Thank you Eric for taking the time to write about your 5 star experience. Dealing with our family owned business, we guarantee to do whatever it takes to make sure you're completely happy. Thank you again for the opportunity to transport your vehicle.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I needed to ship my vehicle home to Haiti and eShip did a good job. There was no scratch in the car. The price is too high though. When I talked to the driver, eShip only paid him $400 and yet they charged me $700 and that was too much. I’m new in the game and I didn’t know that. But I’m okay with it because they helped me. I needed that car to go a lot of ways and money was not a problem. If I keep putting four or five cars though and eShip adds to all the cars $200, it is gonna be a lot of money. Also, they lied to me one time because they told me that the car was gonna arrive on a Friday, then I received my car on Monday. Then they still charged me the same price.

eShip response

Thank you Pierre for taking the time to write about your 3 star experience. Dealing with our family owned business, we guarantee honest and competitive transport services, to make sure you're completely happy. Thank you again for the opportunity to transport your vehicle.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I purchased a truck in Arizona and I needed it moved to South Carolina. I talked to several companies before I had gotten to eShip and the guy that I dealt with was very informative and helpful. He went out of his way to tell me the process, what to expect, and how it worked. I was just calling and getting information, trying to figure out how it worked and one of the people I talked to moved ahead and listed me to be picked up. We didn't even tackle the contract so I went ahead from there.

I liked that instead of having to call a number and getting, "If you want this, push this button," the individual that helped me gave me his cell phone number. And he not only called me with information, every time I called, he would pick up. He told me that he worked until 10 o'clock at night so it was just normal hours and he seemed to work on it fairly constantly. Also, I found out that even though my vehicle was just a pick-up truck, it was too big to go on a car carrier. He took it personally and within one day from the time we started, he had a car carrier lined up. And it went on a standard 53-foot flatbed that you see on the roads instead of a car trailer like you see with a bunch of cars on it. It arrived with a freight carrier on the back of a flatbed. During the pick-up, he kept me informed, and it just happened that I bought the truck from a really nice guy and shipped me some parts by putting it in the cabin of the truck.

The driver was nice and very good. He called me and I said he can bring it to my house, but he would be stopping on the side of the road. He said that if it was 45 miles/hour, the police will get him if he does that. Then I recommended meeting at the Barlow parking lot. I met him there, backed the truck off the trailer and gave him a cashier's check for the trip.

eShip response

Thank you Herbert for taking the time to write about your 5 star experience. Dealing with our family owned business, we guarantee to do whatever it takes to make sure you're completely happy. Thank you again for the opportunity to transport your vehicle.

Original review: May 16, 2018

Mr. Mark ** knows what it takes to manage the day to day busy Auto Transport successfully. He provide top notch rescue information from a previous poor carrier experience. I would recommend eShip Transport because they are simply the best.

eShip response

Thank you Dominic for taking the time to write about your 5 star experience. Dealing with our family owned business, we guarantee to do whatever it takes to make sure you're completely happy. Thank you again for the opportunity to transport your vehicle.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I interviewed a lot of companies to ship our four cars and I’m glad I chose eShip. I was totally happy with the service. In fact, I wish I had them move me too. My whole move with Bekins was terrible. I worked with Maryanne from eShip and she was great. She told me that I could put things in the car up to 100 pounds and we should have but we didn’t do that. When I mentioned something to the driver, he really wasn’t too happy about it but we didn’t do that anyway. But that was okay. They were very good, professional and very timely. Actually, they were more timely than what I was prepared for but we worked that out. I would also definitely recommend these people.

eShip response

Thank you Kathy for taking the time to write about your 5 star experience. Dealing with our family owned business, your guaranteed for us to do whatever it takes to make sure you're completely happy. Thank you for the opportunity to work for you.

Original review: May 15, 2018

Overall a very positive experience! Anna was very patient and clear throughout the whole process of delivering our vehicle from FL to CT. EShip selected a transporter that did a great job in transporting our vehicle safely. Price was mid-range in comparison to other brokers. Vehicle arrived 2 days earlier than expected. Would recommend!

eShip response

Thank you Daniel for taking the time to write about your 5 star experience. Dealing with our family owned business, your guaranteed for us to do whatever it takes to make sure you're completely happy. Thank you for the opportunity to work for you.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I move seasonally from Florida to New York and I need to transport three cars. I looked into two companies before choosing eShip. The first one didn’t have any transport available while the second was a scam. I got charged but they never called me back. I tried to call them back and reach them. I had to go out to process in the bank to cancel the payment they took. The guy from eShip was very helpful all the way through from when we made the reservation until they picked up the cars and until they delivered. And even after they delivered, they gave me a call to make sure that everything was nice and smooth.

The sales representatives had knowledge about anything. They knew what they were talking about and I told them what I was expecting and what was the budget. I had to transport the three vehicles and they were gonna based on that. Everything about the delivery was fine. The delivery team told me it was gonna be there a certain time. But I knew that there was a road and they have to stop so I wasn’t expecting the cars to be delivered exactly the same date they gave me. But it got delivered the day after, which was fine.

The transport took three days from the time they picked up the vehicle to when it was delivered and the cars were fine when it arrived. I transport vehicles every six months. I told eShip I have a few friends and they also do the same thing. So, I will give them eShip’s contact in case they need it. eShip is a great company. I have a very good experience especially because I have done this in the last two years. So, everything was good including the process.

eShip response

Thank you Ricardo for taking the time to write about your 5 star experience. Dealing with our family owned business, we guarantee to do whatever it takes to make sure you're completely happy. Thank you again for the opportunity to transport your vehicle. (

Original review: May 15, 2018

I needed to transport my El Camino from about 2,500 miles away and got eShip to do the job. I spoke with Maryann and though she's good and I like her, they could never set up on a pick up date. And when they did pick it up, it was late. So the delivery of the truck was also late. And the whole thing took about a week and a half. Nevertheless, they got my truck here in one piece. It's just that when they commit to pick up the truck, they should be there. And if they commit to deliver the truck on a certain date, they should deliver it.

eShip response

Thank you Richard for taking the time to write about your 5 star experience. Dealing with our family owned business, your guaranteed for us to do whatever it takes to make sure you're completely happy. Thank you for the opportunity to work for you.

Original review: May 14, 2018

We ship our car between Illinois and California every year, have used different companies and have always experienced problems. But this year we used eShip for the first time and had a wonderful experience. Quick response to our inquiry, prompt confirmation of date and driver, and our car arrived in perfect condition. Totally exceeded our expectations.

Original review: May 14, 2018

The overall experience was satisfactory. The broker response was times and precise. The shipping of cars from Pittsburgh Pa, to Fremont Ca took less than 3 days which was very good. Only one issue was with cars pickup, the driver picked up cars an hour later than was promised. (The timeline for cars pickup was between 12 pm to 4 pm). This created inconvenience due to our flight could be missed.

eShip response

Thank you Igor for taking the time to write about your 5 star experience. Dealing with our family owned business, your guaranteed for us to do whatever it takes to make sure you're completely happy. Thank you for the opportunity to work for you.

Original review: May 14, 2018

We were moving and we needed a pickup truck shipped to a new address, about 1500 miles. eShip got a good reputation on the internet so we went with them. Their sales team was good and the delivery of the vehicle went fine. It took four days to transport the vehicle. However, eShip put a $200 premium on connecting me with a freight company which was what all the freight companies do. My experience would have been better if the cost was $200 less. Nevertheless, i would tell a friend to try them. eShip is like any other shipping company but I had a good experience with them.

eShip response

Thank you Walter for taking the time to write about your 3 star experience. Dealing with our family owned business, your guaranteed for us to do whatever it takes to make sure you're completely happy. Thank you for the opportunity to work for you.

Original review: May 14, 2018

I bought a classic car up on eBay and had it shipped from California to Michigan. The sales team at eShip was friendly. However, there were a couple of mishaps that I had. I was promised a couple of dates when the car was going to get shipped and then it got switched. And it was hard for my work schedule ‘cause I work a really weird job so it’s hard for me to miss work. So, I missed a day to be there when the car would be shipped to my house. But then the day before, I ended up getting a call that the car was coming a different day. It was frustrating.

I told them that and they told me that they gave me a 48-hour window. But I spoke with a gentleman and he told me that the car would be coming the day he told me, instead of the other day. So, I said, “I know it’s a 48-hour window but could you call the delivery driver and ask him if he's going to make it this day or that day? Give me a better estimate of when it’s going to come.” And they told me that it was going to come the day it didn’t come. I also wish I would have been in the know of where the car was or where it was located so I could get a better idea of when it was going to come. It was hard to get a hold of them because they told me I could call or text. Sometimes I would call and I wouldn’t get a response back for 24 hours. Or if I texted sometimes, it took quite a while to get back to. I felt like once I paid the deposit and once they got some of my money, they just threw me to the side.

Initially when I got in contact with the broker from eShip, he gave me a quote of what the price was going to be. And then he said they do an auction with delivery companies and somebody could take the bid at $1100. Then he told me that it could take a little while, and I didn’t hear from them for about five days. It was on the 5th or 6th day that I finally called and said, “What’s going on? I need the car shipped because the guy I bought it from didn’t have the space in his shop anymore.” They told me it might be better if I increase my bid. I didn’t want to do that because I felt like what I was paying was sufficient. Another company quoted me $100 lower but I went with eShip because of their good reviews online.

This was my first time using a broker, ‘cause usually I went directly with the shipping company. But from what I read online, sometimes a broker can be better because of their networking so they can get a lot of different delivery companies and sometimes it can be delivered quicker with a broker. But from my experience, I'll just go directly with the company rather than to a broker next time.

eShip response

Thank you Salvatore for taking the time to write about your 3star experience. Dealing with our family owned business, we guarantee to do whatever it takes to make sure you're completely happy. Thank you again for the opportunity to transport your vehicle.

Original review: May 13, 2018

Great overall experience. The reservation confirmation came down to the wire, but the pickup, transport and delivery were perfect. Earlier feedback that enclosed transportation was going to be a challenge would have been helpful, but in the end all worked out perfectly. Thanks!

eShip response

Thank you Shane for taking the time to write about your 5 star experience. Dealing with our family owned business, your guaranteed for us to do whatever it takes to make sure you're completely happy. Thank you for the opportunity to work for you. (561) 419-6052 or maryann@eshiptransport.com

Original review: May 13, 2018

I was moving from Maples to Colorado Springs. I needed to transport my 2010 Infiniti G37 and the lady I talked to at eShip was really believable so I went with them. She assured me that it would be handled well, and it was. My car was also delivered quickly and the driver was excellent.

eShip response

Thank you Loran for taking the time to write about your 5 star experience. Dealing with our family owned business, your guaranteed for us to do whatever it takes to make sure you're completely happy. Thank you for the opportunity to work for you.

Original review: May 13, 2018

I was moving from California to Indiana for school and I had to ship a car. I called eShip, spoke to the guy in there, and I decided to go with them. Their reps were very good and the transport took less than a week or so.

eShip response

Thank you Gregory for taking the time to write about your 5 star experience. Dealing with our family owned business, we guarantee to do whatever it takes to make sure you're completely happy. Thank you again for the opportunity to transport your vehicle.

Original review: May 12, 2018

Can't say enough good things about Maryann - she helped secure a carrier for me in a matter of hours (overnight!) when my previous company let me down. She was amazing - friendly, and quick with responses. The carrier she secured was super and got my car in on time - this was all round a wonderful car-shipping experience!

eShip response

Thank you Cheryl for taking the time to write about your 5 star experience. Dealing with our family owned business, your guaranteed for us to do whatever it takes to make sure your completely happy. Thank you for the opportunity to work for you. (561) 419-6052 or maryann@eshiptransport.com

Original review: May 12, 2018

I was moving to a different state for work and I had eShip transport my Honda Accord for roughly 1,800 miles. I looked into about five transport companies but I chose eShip because they had the available shipping date that I needed. Someone called me to set up a quote and then I paid the deposit. My interaction with the rep who called was mostly good. I wasn't present during the delivery of my vehicle so I had somebody out to sign for it. The driver called me and it took around three days to deliver my car. Also, there was no damage for this shipped vehicle. The only thing was that I kept on calling the rep for update. There should be more communication. Nonetheless it was a good experience.

eShip response

Thank you Mani for taking the time to write about your 3star experience. Dealing with our family owned business, your guaranteed for us to do whatever it takes to make sure you're completely happy. Thank you for the opportunity to work for you.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I needed my Dodge for whenever I go home to have a car available for me to drive. I needed it shipped quickly and I looked at six different companies. eShip was available and they were able to get it there whenever I pull out there. Then they called me and told me that the car was here and they also told me to meet them outside of my apartment and then I picked it up. It was 3000 miles and the transport took 2 days. eShip's team was able to communicate with me who was available, when I was here and it worked out well. I had a good and satisfying experience working with eShip.

eShip response

Thank you Tyus for taking the time to write about your 4star experience. Dealing with our family owned business, your guaranteed for us to do whatever it takes to make sure your completely happy. Thank you for the opportunity to work for you. (954) 865-4615 or craig@eshiptransport.com

Original review: May 11, 2018

I needed my vehicle transported from California to Ohio and eShip was very efficient time-wise. My vehicle was shipped quicker than I’ve ever experienced, and I move a lot, so it was really quick. I would recommend them.

eShip response

Thank you Jene for taking the time to write about your 5 star experience. Dealing with our family owned business, your guaranteed for us to do whatever it takes to make sure your completely happy. Thank you for the opportunity to work for you. (561) 419-6052 or maryann@eshiptransport.com

Original review: May 10, 2018

I was relocating out of state and I needed to ship a personal vehicle. I looked up a couple of companies and I went with eShip since my fiance used them. We were both relocating and we ended up going with the same company even though we left separately and at different times. It was easier that way and their reps were good. We understand that eShip is a broker and it was different trying to work with them instead of directly with the shipper. But the driver that picked up my vehicle was fantastic. He got my car here quickly and safely.

We found in our experience, after many years of moving all over the world, that the shipping industry is all just a big racket. We got bullied a lot of times and in this particular move, we ended up moving very far at about an hour and ten minutes away from the closest major city. So, finding someone that would deliver our vehicles here for convenience's sake instead of us meeting the vehicle in the city was a challenge. We were pleased with what eShip did of for us but we were kind of at the mercy of the industry when we were trying to move and that was whether we were shipping our belongings or our vehicles. We didn't like that yet we’ve done it many times. We got a mixed bag of crooks and people who were honest. And most of the time, they were crooks. So, we’re very disenchanted with moving at this point. There needs to be more stringent regulations when it comes to moving in general.

eShip response

Thank you Scheley for taking the time to write about your 4star experience. Dealing with our family owned business, we guarantee to do whatever it takes to make sure your completely happy. Thank you again for the opportunity to transport your vehicle. (954) 951-5282 or markanthony@eshiptransport.com

Original review: May 10, 2018

I’ve got classic cars that I transfer back and forth from Florida. I contacted four different companies. eShip could get the car out when I needed to get it out while nobody else could. eShip had a driver that was headed back this way and needed one more to fill his rig up. But the driver didn’t realize he could drive up my driveway ‘cause we've got a long driveway up the country. He called me and he drove about a quarter mile away while I drove down, picked up one of his drivers and dropped the car off. It was convenient and he did a great job. Transporting the car 3300 miles took six days which was not bad. I’m gonna ship a couple more down there and I’m gonna use eShip again.

eShip response

Thank you Mike for taking the time to write about your 5 star experience. Dealing with our family owned business, your guaranteed for us to do whatever it takes to make sure you're completely happy. Thank you for the opportunity to work for you.

Original review: May 9, 2018

EShip saved my move because another car ship service never showed up or even called to get my car on the last day before my relocation. EShip was the exact opposite. They were in excellent and constant communication and the car ship worked out perfectly.

eShip response

Thank you Sarah for taking the time to write about your 5 star experience. Dealing with our family owned business, your guaranteed for us to do whatever it takes to make sure your completely happy. Thank you for the opportunity to work for you.

Original review: May 9, 2018

We had a 2016 Corolla shipped from South Carolina to Boise, Idaho which is around 2500 miles. I looked at 14 different transport companies but it was eShip who answered all my emails the fastest. Their sales rep was really great and nice. He helped me get a good deal set up. And later on, I read a lot of good things about him online. I was present for the pick-up and the driver was awesome as well. He took good care of the car and was really good about checking over everything and making sure that all the photos were taken. He was also really honest with me from the beginning which I appreciated. Everything took five days. The car made it in great shape, but I had to add a little air to one of the tires. But other than that, they've been great and I'll definitely recommend eShip.

eShip response

Thank you Jackson for taking the time to write about your 5 star experience. Dealing with our family owned business, we guarantee to do whatever it takes to make sure you're completely happy. Thank you again for the opportunity to transport your vehicle. (954) 951-5282 or markanthony@eshiptransport.com

eShip expert review by Lauren Fix

In business since 2010, eShip connects its customers with top-rated auto transport carriers. The company is licensed by the Department of Transportation to broker the shipment of household goods and also offers moving services to and from any location, nationwide.

• Free added insurance of $250 on every order: Every carrier eShip uses carries the standard insurance coverage for any damage that may occur during transit. eShip also offers an additional $250 on every order – free of charge.

• Door-to-door transport (open or enclosed): eShip loads your vehicle as close to your home as the truck can get, transports it on one carrier and unloads it at the address you specify.

• Cross-country transports available: eShip offers service across the USA, so you can transport your vehicle across the country when needed.

• Open auto transport carriers: Using open auto transport carriers allows eShip to keep their prices low due to decreased maintenance and fuel costs for each carrier. eShip's website clearly explains the pros and cons of using open auto transport carriers, allowing customers to make educated decisions about shipping their vehicles.

• Additional services: eShip offers residential moving and auto transport services to individuals but also offers commercial services including corporate relocation, international moving, logistics and storage options across the U.S. and Canada.

• Best for: Out-of-state movers, small business owners and people who need to transport a vehicle.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

eShip Company Information