4.6/5 (108 ratings)

About eShip

eShip works to connect its customers with the most reputable carriers for their auto transport and household moving needs. The company handles more than 3,000 automotive moves every year and is dedicated to providing the highest quality customer service possible. Its team takes pride in being available seven days a week to ensure all of its clients' transport needs are met. The company does its best to work with you to find the best transport at the best price within the dates you need. eShip can ship more than just cars, too — they have experience shipping motorcycles, boats, trucks, classic and exotic cars and RVs.

Pros

• Great insurance policy
  • No upfront deposit
  • Enclosed transport available
  • Ships motorcycles and boats, too

Cons

• No terminal-to-terminal shipping option

Bottom Line

eShip offers guaranteed protected, timely auto shipments anywhere in the United States. Although they don’t offer terminal-to-terminal shipping, no upfront deposit is required, making payment convenient.

Top eShip Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eShip?

Verified

We purchased a car and eShip transported it 2,000 miles. Their reps were very responsive to our questions. The transport took four days and they did a great job. Their driver was ...

Verified

We had our daughter's car transported from Austin, TX to Newport Beach, CA. From immediate quote after initial email inquiry to arranging, transporting and dropping off at a locat...

About eShip

eShip is a licensed and bonded auto transport broker, and all of its carriers are fully insured and bonded. Because eShip is a broker, this means they work with you to find an appropriate carrier for your needs. Door-to-door transport, where a vehicle is picked up at your preferred address and dropped off at an exact endpoint, is the most common type of transportation offered by eShip. eShip guarantees that every driver they work with is insured. If not, eShip will pay for any uncovered damage.

eShip transports vehicles to all 50 U.S. states as well as Canada and Puerto Rico.

eShip cost

The average cost to ship a car with eShip is $500 according to their website, but this will vary based on factors like the season, car, route and exact dates. Expect shipping to cost more if you opt for enclosed shipping, which adds protection to your vehicle. To save money, it helps to schedule auto transport as far in advance as possible.

eShip’s complimentary Platinum Protection Plan offers a damage free guarantee. If any damage to the vehicle isn’t covered by the carrier’s insurance, eShip will pay for the repairs. This plan also offers rental reimbursement of up to $300 under most circumstances if your vehicle is more than 48 hours late. No upfront deposit is required to reserve a spot with eShip — you only need to pay once your vehicle has been shipped.

eShip transport options

eShip can perform both open and enclosed transport. Open transport is cheaper, but enclosed transport is a good choice for classic or otherwise highly valuable cars as it protects vehicles from the elements.

eShip has the following pickup and dropoff options: door-to-door, door-to-terminal and terminal-to-door. Pickup or drop off at a terminal may be a solution if shipping to a location is difficult to access.

eShip highlights:

• Licensed and bonded
  • Insured carriers
  • Open and enclosed transport options
  • Rental reimbursement plan
  • Door-to-door shipping

eShip shipping process

Each eShip customer is given a personal logistics coordinator for the entire shipment process. The average time eShip takes to pick up a car and drop it off from coast to coast is seven to 10 days. From the coast to the Midwest, it takes from three days to a week.

Most cross-country auto transports are completed on an eight-to-10-car carrier. Shorter shipments are typically done on two-to-three car carriers. eShip has representatives available seven days a week for customers who want to track the status of their vehicle.

eShip FAQ

Can eShip transport my motorcycle?

Yes. eShip doesn’t just haul cars. In addition to motorcycles, the company can transport RVs, trucks, boats and classic or exotic cars.

Does eShip have insurance?

Yes. Each auto transport from eShip comes with a Platinum Protection Plan that guarantees eShip pays for any damage not covered by the carrier.

Does eShip have tracking?

Yes. You can call eShip and speak to a representative to inquire about the location of your vehicle.

Do we recommend eShip?

We recommend eShip for their reliability and their unique Platinum Protection Plan, which covers the unlikely case of unexpected damages and provides rental reimbursement in the case a vehicle arrives late. We also like that they ship motorcycles, trucks, RVs, boats and classic cars in addition to regular automobiles. Their commitment to customer service and clear communication makes them a good choice for shipping a vehicle domestically.

eShip Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eShip?

Original review: April 12, 2022

I had a quick turn around time need on a my vehicle shipping from Massachusetts to Washington, going to my son in the navy. I reviewed a LOT of shippers, but only 5 came up with 4+ stars, eShip being one of them. They had the fastest response time, by email only (if you've ever had a company dog you on your phone, you would know how nice it is to just receive an email), and best price.

From day one (a Friday), Scott was fantastic! My car was picked up the Monday following our initial contact, the shipper, Rapid Group, was very thorough and professional. They gave a tentative date of 2 weeks out for delivery and were only 1 day shy of that. Every time I emailed Scott with a question or concern during this time, he was quick with the response, and true to his word. I even questioned who he used as a shipper and he assured me, the company(s) they use have been with them a long time and that's why they trust them. He even said, it was the shippers that helped them get their good rating...sharing in the kudos...and he didn't lie.

Side story...my phone dropped out of my pocket and into a crack in my car the day the shipper came to take my car. I didn't notice until 3 hours later. I phoned Scott in a panic. Shortly after, the shipper contacted me and said the driver would meet me the next day somewhere in Massachusetts. I'm thinking, I could be driving 3 hours for my phone. Well, as it happens, he was picking up another car not even 15 minutes away. OMG! He refused a tip for meeting me, just the nicest guy ever!! I can't say all this is luck as there were just too many positives with both companies involved. Hopefully I will never need this service again, but if I do....ABSOLUTELY I would chose eShip again! My son and I are very pleased.

Get buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 31, 2022

The girl from eShip who I dealt with in Florida was real helpful with me. She did what she said she would do. She followed through and kept back with me. She was straightforward with what it was gonna cost, and it fell right in line with that. The vehicle was picked up from the dealership that I bought it from and they were gonna drop it off at my house. But I had them drop it off up the street because it was a tractor trailer and they would have had a hell of a time getting down my street.

The only thing with them was we had a miscommunication towards the end. I work about 40 miles from my home and the driver was coming in from Reno. I asked him to call me when he was heading out of Reno, and I would meet him. That way, I would start planning ahead. He called me when he was heading into Elk Grove so I was behind him at that point. He probably didn’t quite understand me but other than that, it went fine. The vehicle came off that truck just as pristine as it was on the showroom floor.

Original review: March 22, 2022

I recommended eShip to other people that I know. Everything was really good. I didn't have any issues other than the driver didn't pick up on time, which affected the shipping. He contacted really timely, quickly, the day before, and gave a window, but it was after the window. He wasn't even close to the end of the time that he said he would be there to pick up the car. He was supposed to pick up the car from the guy that I bought it from, and the seller ended up reaching out to him. The driver said, “Oh, I'm running a little bit late, I'll be a little bit longer.”

A little while later, the seller reached out again and he said, “The new window that I'm going to be there is between like 6:00 and 8:00 at night.” The seller is 85 years old, and ironically enough, it was his birthday. He missed his dinner plans with his family because the driver was supposed to come pick up the car, and I was a little frustrated with that. The driver delivered the car on time though. 24 hours later, he dropped it off my house, and there were no other issues.

Original review: March 11, 2022

I was shipping my car from my location in Florida to my daughter living in Kentucky. I chose eShip because I spoke with their rep and he was the only one honest enough to tell me that whatever price he was giving me was also going to have an extra couple $100 on it for eShip. He explained to me the brokerage system and I appreciated that. The pickup was in South Florida, Palm Beach County. It was dropped off somewhere at Lexington, Kentucky. My daughter met the car there. My daughter called me because I told her not to sign anything 'cause she looked at the car and she saw a chip on the back bumper. I checked my records that the guy who picked up the car had said which included photos and the chip on the car had been there before. My daughter said the guy who delivered it was very nice. I was really pleased with the whole process. I've shipped cars before. This was a much easier, smoother transaction from start to finish.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2022

My daughter and I were moving from San Diego to Germantown, Tennessee. The distance was 1800 miles and we had two vehicles. I didn't want go caravanning across the country in January, so I contacted a lot of different auto transport companies. I chose eShip and the process with them was flawless. I've heard so many horror stories about auto transports but with them, our vehicle arrived faster than I even thought it would. On the day that it was coming, we had to meet the guy a mile away near a Walmart parking lot where there was a long street and it was easy for him to unload the vehicle. It was a great experience because the car was in great shape.

I also liked the fact that I didn't have to put money upfront other than a broker's fee. But I understood that all along and eShip gave me a pretty competitive price. It was all about the same. But there was one company that wanted 1,500 bucks, which I blindly paid on a credit card but I wasn't even going to get the service and the rep didn't even know who we were going to go with. All in all, I would tell others to shop around and look to see who's the best and has the best reviews because eShip did.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2022

Promised pick-up and delivery times not met. Poor communication with driver who insisted on cash payment, after obtaining certified check as instructed, and threatening to leave with vehicle unless his demands were met. No follow-up!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2022

Perfectly shipped my truck from TX to the Blue Mountains of VA. No issues. Anna ** communicated perfectly and the truck driver was great and also communicated and sent photos. He also did my special request of hiding keys perfectly so when I arrived I had the keys.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

I was very pleased with the communication, coordination, and delivery of my vehicle. The driver was courteous and kind and my truck got here when it was supposed to. I'm very happy with the service and I will use them again if the need arises.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2022

Carolyn took great care of me! Everything turned out perfect. I probably shouldn’t have worried as much as I did. Driver was very professional and thorough. He showed me a bunch of pictures he took when he picked it up. Very cool! I’ll use Carolyn again. I’m sure.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2022

I am overall happy with my experience with eShip. Jonathan was very helpful and always responded to my texts in a timely manner. The one thing that I wish would have been different was that I never once was contacted by the actual transporter, like I was told in my order email. I was completely in the dark on the whole thing, besides my friend where the car was being picked up from, letting me know that it had been picked up and was on its way to me. The driver was friendly and efficient with the unloading.

eShip Company Information