4.8/5 (415 ratings)

About eShip

eShip works to connect its customers with the most reputable carriers for their auto transport and household moving needs. The company handles more than 3,000 automotive moves every year and is dedicated to providing the highest quality customer service possible. Its team takes pride in being available seven days a week to ensure all of its clients' transport needs are met. The company does its best to work with you to find the best transport at the best price within the dates you need. eShip can ship more than just cars, too — they have experience shipping motorcycles, boats, trucks, classic and exotic cars and RVs.

Pros

• Great insurance policy
  • No upfront deposit
  • Enclosed transport available
  • Ships motorcycles and boats, too

Cons

• No terminal-to-terminal shipping option

Bottom Line

eShip offers guaranteed protected, timely auto shipments anywhere in the United States. Although they don’t offer terminal-to-terminal shipping, no upfront deposit is required, making payment convenient.

Top eShip Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

We purchased a car and eShip transported it 2,000 miles. Their reps were very responsive to our questions. The transport took four days and they did a great job. Their driver was ...

Verified

We had our daughter's car transported from Austin, TX to Newport Beach, CA. From immediate quote after initial email inquiry to arranging, transporting and dropping off at a locat...

About eShip

eShip is a licensed and bonded auto transport broker, and all of its carriers are fully insured and bonded. Because eShip is a broker, this means they work with you to find an appropriate carrier for your needs. Door-to-door transport, where a vehicle is picked up at your preferred address and dropped off at an exact endpoint, is the most common type of transportation offered by eShip. eShip guarantees that every driver they work with is insured. If not, eShip will pay for any uncovered damage.

eShip transports vehicles to all 50 U.S. states as well as Canada and Puerto Rico.

eShip cost

The average cost to ship a car with eShip is $500 according to their website, but this will vary based on factors like the season, car, route and exact dates. Expect shipping to cost more if you opt for enclosed shipping, which adds protection to your vehicle. To save money, it helps to schedule auto transport as far in advance as possible.

eShip’s complimentary Platinum Protection Plan offers a damage free guarantee. If any damage to the vehicle isn’t covered by the carrier’s insurance, eShip will pay for the repairs. This plan also offers rental reimbursement of up to $300 under most circumstances if your vehicle is more than 48 hours late. No upfront deposit is required to reserve a spot with eShip — you only need to pay once your vehicle has been shipped.

eShip transport options

eShip can perform both open and enclosed transport. Open transport is cheaper, but enclosed transport is a good choice for classic or otherwise highly valuable cars as it protects vehicles from the elements.

eShip has the following pickup and dropoff options: door-to-door, door-to-terminal and terminal-to-door. Pickup or drop off at a terminal may be a solution if shipping to a location is difficult to access.

eShip highlights:

• Licensed and bonded
  • Insured carriers
  • Open and enclosed transport options
  • Rental reimbursement plan
  • Door-to-door shipping

eShip shipping process

Each eShip customer is given a personal logistics coordinator for the entire shipment process. The average time eShip takes to pick up a car and drop it off from coast to coast is seven to 10 days. From the coast to the Midwest, it takes from three days to a week.

Most cross-country auto transports are completed on an eight-to-10-car carrier. Shorter shipments are typically done on two-to-three car carriers. eShip has representatives available seven days a week for customers who want to track the status of their vehicle.

eShip FAQ

Can eShip transport my motorcycle?
Yes. eShip doesn’t just haul cars. In addition to motorcycles, the company can transport RVs, trucks, boats and classic or exotic cars.
Does eShip have insurance?
Yes. Each auto transport from eShip comes with a Platinum Protection Plan that guarantees eShip pays for any damage not covered by the carrier.
Does eShip have tracking?
Yes. You can call eShip and speak to a representative to inquire about the location of your vehicle.

Do we recommend eShip?

We recommend eShip for their reliability and their unique Platinum Protection Plan, which covers the unlikely case of unexpected damages and provides rental reimbursement in the case a vehicle arrives late. We also like that they ship motorcycles, trucks, RVs, boats and classic cars in addition to regular automobiles. Their commitment to customer service and clear communication makes them a good choice for shipping a vehicle domestically.

eShip Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eShip?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I used eShip before and I wanted to see if they were still competitive, and they were. They emailed me saying they would reach out to me with a quote, and they did. They emailed and called me as well, kind of confirming the vehicle, where it was going, and all the details for the car. It was early so I waited because they said to call them back when we were closer to moving. I might be able to get a better price. I did and saved a couple hundred dollars by waiting.

They sent me a form online which I filled out with all the details. I had to put in my credit card details and they charged me a 10% fee that went towards the overall cost. They emailed me once they had the driver for the vehicle and the company. They also emailed me that I wouldn't be getting a call from them but the shipping company did not call me so I called them, and they set up a time. After the vehicle was shipped, eShip contacted me and asked if my car had arrived yet. I said no so they followed up without me even having to ask. That was really nice. The trucking company contacted me right after that and the delivery ended up being right on time.

The car was supposed to be delivered to my house. But we had a rental car and I needed to return it about 45 minutes away from my house. Instead of taking Uber back, I asked the driver if he could drop it off by the airport then I'd go and grab it. He pulled up a quarter mile away from the airport car rental because he couldn't get any closer. It took me a few minutes to walk to him and he was right there. eShip did everything they said they would. They delivered on all their promises. They went above and beyond because they didn't have to follow up even before my car was dropped off, but they did.

Get buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 15, 2021

I booked a different company and for three weeks, the guy said everything was fine and I wouldn't hear from him until two days before all the details. The week before my move, I started calling. I wasn't hearing anything from him and I was getting nervous. The night before my move, he said, "This is how our business is. I couldn't get you a truck. You're screwed." I said, "That's not an option. We're moving tomorrow. The moving truck is leaving. What am I supposed to do with my car?" I started calling around and the eShip rep said, "This is what the guy did. He tried to pay the drivers less so that he could make more commission. No one was taking his offer. So your car just sat there the whole time. He didn't do anything with it."

The rep said, "I can get it for you in a day." I said, "Okay. Well, if you keep your promise, I'll go with you," and he did. The only thing that was annoying with the drop-off was the driver said he couldn't come down my street. I live on a bigger street and he got here at 4 o'clock in the morning, but he couldn't drop off my car. I had to try to find an Uber and then get clear across town to a truck stop, to where he felt comfortable for dropping the car off, and then get my car.

Shipping my car was one of the most frustrating processes I had ever done. In that business, the companies can get dishonest about how the process works. When they're bidding, they keep a lot of things from you and once you start to figure it out, you're like, "Wow. This is a shady little business." But you have to ship your car, so you have no option. Find a company that says, "I can do it for you. It’s gonna be a little bit extra. I promise you," and then they do it. The way that eShip was honest and open, I would recommend them again.

Original review: May 25, 2021

I googled and eShip was the highest rated. I was so glad also to see it on the ConsumerAffairs website to be the number one. That's another reason why I chose eShip. My first experience was I located them and I called and talked with a gal. When I needed to do the transport, I couldn't get ahold of her, so I gave up and went with another company. That company told me it could take weeks for them to transport my car. I was like, “I just can't do that. I can't leave Florida and leave my car here for six months.” I didn't feel comfortable with them, so I called eShip back again and was able to get with someone.

I happened to get luckier than most too. We have I-25 and I-80 that run right through Wyoming, but I was told hardly ever any drivers will go through Wyoming. I was told that it could have been a very long time before I got a driver. However, eShip hooked me up with a driver that afternoon and then that next day, he showed up in front of my house. It just so happens the driver that I got was from Missouri. He picked up a car in Gillette, Wyoming and drove to Florida to drop it off. He was about an hour away from me here in Milton and he was able to come right over to me, pick up my car, and drive back to Wyoming.

The whole experience was awesome, right down to the driver. He was so personable and trustworthy, and I felt so at ease with him. I was also thrilled to know that my car was the only car on his trailer. It wasn't this huge dealership car trailer where there were six cars on there. I loved the idea that it was one guy, a truck and his trailer, and he was going to go straight from Florida to Wyoming. He transported my car and it got to Wyoming in three days, safe and sound and before I even got there. Everything went smoothly and I felt good about the whole situation. eShip was wonderful.

Original review: May 8, 2021

I was handing my 2017 four-door Jeep Wrangler down to my son who lives across the country. It was from New Jersey to Tucson. In the past, I've used Roadrunner twice. But this time, when I went to use Roadrunner, they kinda did a really big bait and switch with the price. They upped it like $500, and it was a little too much. They may have changed hands. They were not very courteous on the phone, and it was a big change. The last two times I used them, they were perfect.

I used eShip this time, and everything was fine and explained well. I was kind of like a soon as possible type of list. So, I didn't have a set day. A few times, it was changed from this to this and about the fourth time, they finally picked the car up. The driver called me on the phone when he was setting up the where and when. Then, he called me when he was on the way, twice, while he was at a certain distance. And when he was closer, I had an emergency and I had to call my husband to go and meet him.

The only thing that some of the other places had that eShip didn't is that you could go online anytime and track your car. But the car was delivered to my son pretty quickly. Usually, I was hearing from most places, it will take four or five days. With eShip, I heard it would be four days and it was there in two and a half. So, it was really quick. My son said everything was fine when he picked it up. He had no problem and was very excited to get the car. I had magnets on the car. My son's an entomologist. So, I put these magnets all over the outside of the car and none of them were missing. I thought maybe the wind would take them off, but they were all there and the car was in good shape and clean.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

eShip was available to do the job when nobody else could. The brokers on the phone are a bunch of liars. It depends on the driver. The process of shipping the car was not good. But that's not through eShip. I highly recommend everybody to avoid Movewheels Auto Transport. The broker is Christian. I have his original email from December 31st guaranteeing me the January 3rd pick up date and the price. I ended up spending $400 more because these people never showed up. They never called. They never transported the car. They left me hanging. Then we flew out on the 5th, still without getting our car transported from Movewheels Auto Transport.

Christian put us in a very bad situation. The night before we flew out, I had to drive the car from Monterey to Sacramento and then drive back from Sacramento to the airport to spend the night. We had an early morning flight from San Francisco to Charlotte. Instead of relaxing in the hotel room before a big move, I had to leave my wife in the hotel, drive the car, and then have my mom drive me back to the hotel in San Francisco, and then drive back. It turned out to be a very long day, and it was because of this agent. He basically handcuffed me. Once we signed in to lock them, I thought that for sure, they would pick it up on the 3rd. There was nothing on the 3rd. There was nothing on the 4th. I waited for him all day. He kept saying he would get back to me. He was calling people to try to get someone to pick the car up. They could not. We had a flight. We had to leave, so I had no other option.

eShip did wonderful. The driver was awesome. He was a good and honest man. I would recommend the driver. Thankfully, I was able to get the car to my mother in Sacramento. My mom is 73 years old and he went above and beyond what he needed to do for her. eShip's price wasn't great, but because of the driver, the timeliness and the frame, it was worth the extra money.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

The experience with eShip was nice and not complicated. Everything was good.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

Mark, the rep I worked with at eShip, was very nice and helpful. He was also very patient with me because I kept changing. I was looking at different cars and it was very difficult. And I'm glad he stayed patient with me. Then during the transport, the driver kept me informed of anything that was happening or gave me an ETA. He was consistent with telling me, throughout the day of delivery, what he was going to do and when he'd be there. In the end, the vehicle arrived in good condition.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

I am giving five stars to these very helpful people! They provided fair rates and personal friendly service. Execution of the transport of my two vehicles was carried off without a hitch. :) Thank you very much Marc Anthony and team!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

Great service, courteous staff, and well managed operations! Shipped my new vehicle across country and was very impressed to receive a message from the driver, right after I landed at my new destination, that my car would be delivered the next morning, 4 days ahead of projected schedule!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

My experience with eShip was very simple, easy and straightforward. There were no excuses. There were no delays. The car was picked up when it was supposed to be picked up, and it was delivered when it was supposed to be delivered. The driver met my expectations. He came to where I told him to be, which was around the corner because it's a dead-end street.

eShip Company Information