2. Auto Transporters
Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.83/5

eShip works to connect its customers with the most reputable carriers for their auto transport and household moving needs. The company handles more than 3,000 automotive moves every year and is dedicated to providing the highest quality customer service possible. Its team takes pride in being available seven days a week to ensure all of its clients' transport needs are met. The company does its best to work with you to find the best transport at the best price within the dates you need. eShip can ship more than just cars, too — they have experience shipping motorcycles, boats, trucks, classic and exotic cars and RVs.

eShip Video

BOTTOM LINE

eShip offers guaranteed protected, timely auto shipments anywhere in the United States. Although they don’t offer terminal-to-terminal shipping, no upfront deposit is required, making payment convenient.

PROS

• Great insurance policy
  • No upfront deposit
  • Enclosed transport available
  • Ships motorcycles and boats, too

CONS

• No terminal-to-terminal shipping option

Top eShip Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about eShip?

We purchased a car and eShip transported it 2,000 miles. Their reps were very responsive to our questions. The transport took four days and they did a great job. Their driver was fantastic.

We had our daughter's car transported from Austin, TX to Newport Beach, CA. From immediate quote after initial email inquiry to arranging, transporting and dropping off at a location of our choice, eShip provided excellent service.

eShip Call Now Toll Free (561) 409-5116
Call Now Toll Free

About eShip

eShip is a licensed and bonded auto transport broker, and all of its carriers are fully insured and bonded. Because eShip is a broker, this means they work with you to find an appropriate carrier for your needs. Door-to-door transport, where a vehicle is picked up at your preferred address and dropped off at an exact endpoint, is the most common type of transportation offered by eShip. eShip guarantees that every driver they work with is insured. If not, eShip will pay for any uncovered damage.

eShip cost

The average cost to ship a car with eShip is $500 according to their website, but this will vary based on factors like the season, car, route and exact dates. Expect shipping to cost more if you opt for enclosed shipping, which adds protection to your vehicle. To save money, it helps to schedule auto transport as far in advance as possible.

eShip’s complimentary Platinum Protection Plan offers a damage free guarantee. If any damage to the vehicle isn’t covered by the carrier’s insurance, eShip will pay for the repairs. This plan also offers rental reimbursement of up to $300 under most circumstances if your vehicle is more than 48 hours late. No upfront deposit is required to reserve a spot with eShip — you only need to pay once your vehicle has been shipped.

eShip transport options

eShip can perform both open and enclosed transport. Open transport is cheaper, but enclosed transport is a good choice for classic or otherwise highly valuable cars as it protects vehicles from the elements.

eShip has the following pickup and dropoff options: door-to-door, door-to-terminal and terminal-to-door. Pickup or drop off at a terminal may be a solution if shipping to a location is difficult to access.

eShip highlights:

• Licensed and bonded
  • Insured carriers
  • Open and enclosed transport options
  • Rental reimbursement plan
  • Door-to-door shipping

eShip shipping process

Each eShip customer is given a personal logistics coordinator for the entire shipment process. The average time eShip takes to pick up a car and drop it off from coast to coast is 7 to 10 days. From the coast to the Midwest, it takes from three days to a week.

Most cross-country auto transports are completed on an 8-10 car carrier. Shorter shipments are typically done on 2-3 car carriers. eShip has representatives available 7 days a week for customers who want to track the status of their vehicle.

eShip FAQ

Can eShip transport my motorcycle?
Yes. eShip doesn’t just haul cars. In addition to motorcycles, the company can transport RVs, trucks, boats and classic or exotic cars.
Does eShip have insurance?
Yes. Each auto transport from eShip comes with a Platinum Protection Plan that guarantees eShip pays for any damage not covered by the carrier.
Does eShip have tracking?
Yes. You can call eShip and speak to a representative to inquire about the location of your vehicle.

Do we recommend eShip?

We recommend eShip for their reliability and their unique Platinum Protection Plan, which covers the unlikely case of unexpected damages and provides rental reimbursement in the case a vehicle arrives late. We also like that they ship motorcycles, trucks, RVs, boats and classic cars in addition to regular automobiles. Their commitment to customer service and clear communication makes them a good choice for shipping a vehicle domestically.

eShip Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eShip?

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

We moved from California to South Carolina. We had two vehicles and we didn't wanna drive two so we chose to ship one that was mine. It was about three companies that I looked into and there was one that I was waiting on. They put me on a schedule for pick up but they never called me back and gave me updates and it was getting close to the time for me to leave. Once I called the company that I was scheduled with and it was probably about the fourth time asking for updates, I didn’t like the response the guy gave me. I then called eShip. I did look up the ratings from BBB and saw they had good ones. I also saw some of the comments that people had so that's the reason why I called.

When I called eShip, the gentleman I spoke to explained to me the problem that I was having with the other company. He was great. My car was already in the system to be transported. He explained to me that they had too low a bid in for my car pick up. So instead of them calling and telling me, "Hey, we may have to adjust your bid pick up," they just kept telling me, "I'll call you back. I'll call you back." They kept giving me these excuses. I wouldn't had a problem with it 'cause I paid a little bit more. The guy from eShip told me it might be a little bit higher and I told him that was fine. He took my information, called me right back and we set the date.

The driver drove pretty well. He gave me a time frame of four to six days. When we drove, we decided to go from Northern California to Southern California day and night. We stopped in LA, New Mexico, Oklahoma City and Alabama. When I was in Alabama, he called me and told me he'd be there the next day. They exceeded my expectations on the time of delivery.

Get buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: July 7, 2020

San Diego -> Philadelphia. If you're like I was when I started looking into shipping my car, you're adrift in a bottomless ocean of competing companies with archaic websites and clunky quote systems, getting 10 calls a day from each of them while you try to remember which one's which and which price is best. It's a frustrating industry, to say the least. Anna with eShip understands that, and in the end, that's why I went with eShip. I spoke to a few competitors, and it felt like I was taking up their time if I wasn't booking right away. Anna was different, and cared about my move on a personal level.

I'm also sure you're seeing terrible reviews everywhere for every single company, making it even harder to commit. It's important to note that people are more likely to write reviews when something goes horribly than they are when something goes well. So I'm here to tip the scales, I suppose. I'm not saying the process was perfectly smooth. A carrier was booked for my car, and then three days before my pickup window, Anna informed me that eShip received word that the driver had recently damaged 2 cars, and his insurance was not up to their standards. Worrisome? Absolutely. Nerve-wracking? You betcha. I had all the other moving parts in place for my move (a POD, flights, pet travel, etc).

But Anna was on me like white on rice, keeping me up to date on a new, more reliable carrier which she had already reserved in my stead as she knew the importance of my strict timeline. She warned me of a "significant cost increase" which turned out to be only $200 more than my original quote, which I gladly traded for the more reliable, better-insured driver. In the end, what I paid was still less than almost all the other companies' *initial* quotes (which for sure would've gone up as well). I strongly urge you to avoid the headache of getting quotes from all these companies, and commit to eShip from the start. You won't regret it, and even if you do, you will regret it far less than you would had you gone with anyone else. That's just the nature of this industry.

Original review: July 6, 2020

I had never worked with any auto transport broker before so I looked up through ConsumerAffairs website and various other referral sites. I must have gone to one site to enter information and it sent my request to 20 brokers. Not knowing how the whole thing worked, I went with someone who had quite high ratings. But eShip's price was also one of the lowest. That ended up being one of their lower offerings where throughout the whole process, it was like a low benchmark and I guess they would have to accept offers on that. But I also got impatient. I would have rather just had someone say, "Here's what the price is. I can pick it up on X date," and eShip actually ended up being closer to that one. I got tired of waiting around to see if my low bid would get accepted. After 72 hours, I more or less said I didn't wanna wait anymore. I would rather have my vehicle at least on a truck.

When I had talked to whoever was assigned to my account at eShip, they were very transparent. So I ended up going with them and they were extremely responsive. They put me in touch with some of the backstory on how the whole broker industry worked. And one thing led to another. Within 24 hours, they had my business and put me in contact with a driver and were very helpful.

eShip's broker did all right and they put me in touch with the head of the driver's company. He would communicate with his driver but for all intents and purposes, I was able to talk with the driver as often as I needed and get updates. Also, we live in kind of a cul-de-sac. It's a one-way entry so I gave them some heads up that they wouldn't wanna come in the front way because if they're coming in with a big old semi, it's gonna be nearly impossible for them to come back out. It was on an open trailer and everything was as I had expected. There were no major surprises that I think eShip would be responsible for. I would very much do business with them right away or refer them to any friends or family.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

eShip was good. I went with another company but they proved they weren't working with me very well. They gave me the lower price and couldn't provide the service. And then, I pulled up eShip, talked to three people, and it sounded like they were all doing the same thing to get my vehicle shipped in slightly different prices, but I knew where I'm at. It was gonna be the most aggressive individual because the shipping of the vehicle is gonna be a unique situation. eShip's salesman was the most aggressive of them and I went with him. It cost me a little bit more, but we were able to remedy the situation and get the vehicle delivered as soon as possible. The transport was from Brooklyn to California. And because it was an extra large vehicle, it couldn't be on a group shipping line. It had to be trucked in a pick-up and trailer across the country.

eShip's customer service was good. The salesman was helpful, and they might have got a little extra from it, but at the same time, I was ready to pay it because I needed it to move. And along the way, the driver didn't communicate a ton, but he was just a contractor for eShip. Everyone from eShip I was communicating with got right back with me, and it was good communication and it ended up going well.

The pick up was the thing, and the vehicle couldn't get in neutral if it wasn't turned on and it didn't start. So, they had to get really creative at pick up after rush hour in downtown Brooklyn. The trailer wouldn't fit in the area, so they got another tow truck and got it on the trailer. And for the price I paid, I paid for good problem solving and solutions minded driver. The pick up was a challenge and delivery was reasonable. The driver might have taken a little longer, and I'm not gonna hold it against him, but at the same time, we were happy when he arrived and how the drop off went. So, it went as good as to be expected.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

I had to ship an inherited vehicle, that was my cousin's, from Denver, Colorado to Gladstone, Oregon so I spoke with a couple of shipping companies. I was a little leery because I had a friend that moved from Arizona to Oregon, and she has a Beemer. And on her shipping situation, it was a full move from their apartment and her car was driven an extra 70 miles and had damage on it. I was freaking out a bit, and this car had more sentimental value and it needed some work and stuff on my end. It seems some people I called are sketchy, I couldn't really understand them -- language barrier a little bit on some cases. But the person I talked to at eShip seemed legit.

I had told myself I wasn't gonna use a company from Florida because I got bombarded with all kinds of calls. I'm in sales, I know the drill. A lot of times, you get price a quote that seemed like, "Oh, wow. That's really inexpensive," but then when the carrier gets there there's issues where they kinda up the amount. So she was very honest and I appreciated that. eShip also has good ratings.

My cousin was part-owner of a fourplex, and so I'm friends with one of the tenants there and then his other business partner, but that had been a big mess. But they picked it up. Tony, the resident over there drove it to where they could load it right up the street so they could put it on the stinger. And there was only like a couple days delay because the driver was sick, which I understand because everybody had that cold. He was cool. He was familiar with my area, and he dropped it off. We have a main thoroughfare but there's a lot of car lots, so he could just run the carrier in the middle of our street. They were here in about four days. Even the carrier was really nice. He was very professional, checked the car out and it went really smooth. I was totally happy. Car had stuff in it and everything was as it should have been. There was nothing touched nor gone through.

eShip response

Thank you JERI for taking the time to write about your 5 star experience. We are family owned & operated, guaranteeing honest and competitive transport services, reassuring your vehicle safety, Thank you again for the opportunity to earn your business.. Mark Anthony …

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

eShip was fantastic from the ease of getting my quote, to checking in with me every step of the way up to and including making sure my car arrived safely. I was extremely satisfied and would highly recommend them to any one shipping their car. I would definitely use eShip again if I ever need to ship my vehicle again.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

I had become very frustrated trying to deal with car transport brokers. I won’t mention the other companies but basically they were untruthful. Mark at EShip Took the time to explain the process to me. Then he did exactly what he said he would do. I was pleasantly surprised. The transport company picked up the vehicle within the window specified and delivered within the window specified. The car transport person who brought my car was very professional and keep me informed through the entire process. When I need to transport a car again I will certainly deal with you eship for the simple reason they do what they say they’re going to do.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

I had a wonderful experience! Everyone I dealt with before the car was picked up was friendly and knowledgeable and answered all of my questions. They worked with me to make sure my car was picked up during my requested window. My driver was very prompt with pickup and delivery and the car arrived in perfect condition. I would definitely recommend.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

I had read a little bit about different vendors. I was looking at an antique car and for some place that was recommended. I saw a couple of websites that had mentioned eShip and one other company as well. It weighed the most heavily on that that they recommended them for covered transport and they also had good insurance. They were very good. It was easy to get ahold of them. We communicated quite a bit through text so that made it pretty convenient.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

From the beginning of this transaction to the end of my delivery, Michelle And team were on their game. I truly enjoyed the constant contact via text and or emails and occasionally a call but wow, what service. The driver(s) were so very respectful and knew how to handle the classics in their possession. I would definitely recommend this service to family and friends and also use them again with transportation needs. Great job and thank you!

eShip Company Information