4.8/5 (323 ratings)

About eShip

eShip works to connect its customers with the most reputable carriers for their auto transport and household moving needs. The company handles more than 3,000 automotive moves every year and is dedicated to providing the highest quality customer service possible. Its team takes pride in being available seven days a week to ensure all of its clients' transport needs are met. The company does its best to work with you to find the best transport at the best price within the dates you need. eShip can ship more than just cars, too — they have experience shipping motorcycles, boats, trucks, classic and exotic cars and RVs.

Pros

• Great insurance policy
  • No upfront deposit
  • Enclosed transport available
  • Ships motorcycles and boats, too

Cons

• No terminal-to-terminal shipping option

Bottom Line

eShip offers guaranteed protected, timely auto shipments anywhere in the United States. Although they don’t offer terminal-to-terminal shipping, no upfront deposit is required, making payment convenient.

Top eShip Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

We purchased a car and eShip transported it 2,000 miles. Their reps were very responsive to our questions. The transport took four days and they did a great job. Their driver was ...

Verified

We had our daughter's car transported from Austin, TX to Newport Beach, CA. From immediate quote after initial email inquiry to arranging, transporting and dropping off at a locat...

About eShip

eShip is a licensed and bonded auto transport broker, and all of its carriers are fully insured and bonded. Because eShip is a broker, this means they work with you to find an appropriate carrier for your needs. Door-to-door transport, where a vehicle is picked up at your preferred address and dropped off at an exact endpoint, is the most common type of transportation offered by eShip. eShip guarantees that every driver they work with is insured. If not, eShip will pay for any uncovered damage.

eShip transports vehicles to all 50 U.S. states as well as Canada and Puerto Rico.

eShip cost

The average cost to ship a car with eShip is $500 according to their website, but this will vary based on factors like the season, car, route and exact dates. Expect shipping to cost more if you opt for enclosed shipping, which adds protection to your vehicle. To save money, it helps to schedule auto transport as far in advance as possible.

eShip’s complimentary Platinum Protection Plan offers a damage free guarantee. If any damage to the vehicle isn’t covered by the carrier’s insurance, eShip will pay for the repairs. This plan also offers rental reimbursement of up to $300 under most circumstances if your vehicle is more than 48 hours late. No upfront deposit is required to reserve a spot with eShip — you only need to pay once your vehicle has been shipped.

eShip transport options

eShip can perform both open and enclosed transport. Open transport is cheaper, but enclosed transport is a good choice for classic or otherwise highly valuable cars as it protects vehicles from the elements.

eShip has the following pickup and dropoff options: door-to-door, door-to-terminal and terminal-to-door. Pickup or drop off at a terminal may be a solution if shipping to a location is difficult to access.

eShip highlights:

• Licensed and bonded
  • Insured carriers
  • Open and enclosed transport options
  • Rental reimbursement plan
  • Door-to-door shipping

eShip shipping process

Each eShip customer is given a personal logistics coordinator for the entire shipment process. The average time eShip takes to pick up a car and drop it off from coast to coast is seven to 10 days. From the coast to the Midwest, it takes from three days to a week.

Most cross-country auto transports are completed on an eight-to-10-car carrier. Shorter shipments are typically done on two-to-three car carriers. eShip has representatives available seven days a week for customers who want to track the status of their vehicle.

eShip FAQ

Can eShip transport my motorcycle?
Yes. eShip doesn’t just haul cars. In addition to motorcycles, the company can transport RVs, trucks, boats and classic or exotic cars.
Does eShip have insurance?
Yes. Each auto transport from eShip comes with a Platinum Protection Plan that guarantees eShip pays for any damage not covered by the carrier.
Does eShip have tracking?
Yes. You can call eShip and speak to a representative to inquire about the location of your vehicle.

Do we recommend eShip?

We recommend eShip for their reliability and their unique Platinum Protection Plan, which covers the unlikely case of unexpected damages and provides rental reimbursement in the case a vehicle arrives late. We also like that they ship motorcycles, trucks, RVs, boats and classic cars in addition to regular automobiles. Their commitment to customer service and clear communication makes them a good choice for shipping a vehicle domestically.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eShip?

Original review: April 12, 2022

I had a quick turn around time need on a my vehicle shipping from Massachusetts to Washington, going to my son in the navy. I reviewed a LOT of shippers, but only 5 came up with 4+ stars, eShip being one of them. They had the fastest response time, by email only (if you've ever had a company dog you on your phone, you would know how nice it is to just receive an email), and best price.

From day one (a Friday), Scott was fantastic! My car was picked up the Monday following our initial contact, the shipper, Rapid Group, was very thorough and professional. They gave a tentative date of 2 weeks out for delivery and were only 1 day shy of that. Every time I emailed Scott with a question or concern during this time, he was quick with the response, and true to his word. I even questioned who he used as a shipper and he assured me, the company(s) they use have been with them a long time and that's why they trust them. He even said, it was the shippers that helped them get their good rating...sharing in the kudos...and he didn't lie.

Side story...my phone dropped out of my pocket and into a crack in my car the day the shipper came to take my car. I didn't notice until 3 hours later. I phoned Scott in a panic. Shortly after, the shipper contacted me and said the driver would meet me the next day somewhere in Massachusetts. I'm thinking, I could be driving 3 hours for my phone. Well, as it happens, he was picking up another car not even 15 minutes away. OMG! He refused a tip for meeting me, just the nicest guy ever!! I can't say all this is luck as there were just too many positives with both companies involved. Hopefully I will never need this service again, but if I do....ABSOLUTELY I would chose eShip again! My son and I are very pleased.

Get buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

eShip was fantastic when we were setting everything up. I had a designated person who really kept me in the loop and I would recommend them for that. I had her contact number, so I could call her at any time and find out what was going on. The feedback was immediate. Another thing is that I could talk to the driver during the transport, which was comforting. The first time we shipped with eShip, the driver's truck broke down and he had to wait for quite a while for the specific part. He was a week late but we were informed of that all along. Then, when I was meeting him, he was at the other Home Depot in our town. I had given eShip the specific address of where we would meet but they didn't put that address in his work order. But the second time we shipped a car was totally smooth. It got here earlier than we wanted to get. They say they pride themselves on the truckers they use and the truckers were terrific and responsible.

Also, we were told exactly what the transport would cost. With the second car, the ending bill was a little bit more because it was a little bit closer to Christmas but we were told what the breakdown was and what was going to the broker and the driver. They also gave us a different option and we were told we could pay the driver. I ended up communicating with the driver directly and finding out exactly how they wanted to be paid. It was all very straightforward.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I used eShip before and I wanted to see if they were still competitive, and they were. They emailed me saying they would reach out to me with a quote, and they did. They emailed and called me as well, kind of confirming the vehicle, where it was going, and all the details for the car. It was early so I waited because they said to call them back when we were closer to moving. I might be able to get a better price. I did and saved a couple hundred dollars by waiting.

They sent me a form online which I filled out with all the details. I had to put in my credit card details and they charged me a 10% fee that went towards the overall cost. They emailed me once they had the driver for the vehicle and the company. They also emailed me that I wouldn't be getting a call from them but the shipping company did not call me so I called them, and they set up a time. After the vehicle was shipped, eShip contacted me and asked if my car had arrived yet. I said no so they followed up without me even having to ask. That was really nice. The trucking company contacted me right after that and the delivery ended up being right on time.

The car was supposed to be delivered to my house. But we had a rental car and I needed to return it about 45 minutes away from my house. Instead of taking Uber back, I asked the driver if he could drop it off by the airport then I'd go and grab it. He pulled up a quarter mile away from the airport car rental because he couldn't get any closer. It took me a few minutes to walk to him and he was right there. eShip did everything they said they would. They delivered on all their promises. They went above and beyond because they didn't have to follow up even before my car was dropped off, but they did.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

I was worried about the time because eShip is in the East Coast and I'm on the West Coast. I was worried one day that I was calling too late but they took my call and they said that they would take care of it. So, I was able to do it at my own pace. I wasn't sure that this is what I wanted to do or not and how I was gonna get it out here, and they were very patient. The quote was a couple hundred dollars less than the actual final price. It was a couple of hundred dollars more than some of the other estimates that I got. eShip costs more but it seemed like there was better communication. There was always somebody that I could contact with concerns.

During the delivery, the reps from eShip got in touch with me and said that the car was being picked up. Then, they said it was gonna be here in a week but it was less than that. They texted me and asked me if I would be available in the next two days, Saturday or Sunday, and I said yes. They texted me a couple of times and they told me that they were in Sacramento. Then, they told me they would be here in a few hours and checked in a couple of times. When they came with the car, they told me that they were here. The gentleman was very kind and easy to talk to. We went over all the details. We looked over the whole car, inside out and all the way around. He pointed out things that my son had released the car to him, things that he had marked on the sheet, things that I remember and marks on the car from before.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

eShip was was very straightforward. The representative was texting me back and forth and he sent me emails. He explained the process of how they have to put the bids in to get the drivers and what the pricing would be. He was trying to make sure to get within the range of the pricing. The driver showed up and there was an issue at my shop where the car was to be picked up. The car broke down when my daughter was taking it by the college. The driver got spooked and left. The eShip representative was able to find another driver fairly quickly that evening on that contract at the same price. The whole interaction with eShip was perfect.

The car was coming from Dover, New Jersey and was going to Rochester, New York. That was about six hours away. The process took two days. The driver picked up the car that evening and told my daughter they would be there at the destination by 10:00 o’clock. She eventually called them and asked, “Can we just deliver it maybe at 12:00?”

This was a learning experience for me to file the process earlier. Don't wait till the last minute till you gotta get the car shipped because it can take the company a day or two to find a contractor or put the bids out there to get the best price. Be flexible on the delivery time because things change as far as the traffic conditions and weather. When my other vehicle is finished being restored, I’m gonna use eShip again.

Original review: June 14, 2022

After purchasing a vehicle at an auction 1,100 miles away and dealing with a couple of less than professional and upfront companies, I reached out to eShip. Easy and professional to work with. Very reasonable pricing. The drivers (husband and wife team) were also very personable and professional. Would definitely use again and recommend to anyone.

Original review: June 14, 2022

It was Great! Working with Carolyn, she was Outstanding! Very thorough! Took the time to explain the process. This was my first time shipping my enclave to Michigan. Would highly recommend using eShip and ask for Carolyn. Thanks again. Dave **

Original review: June 14, 2022

We had the misfortune of the windshield breaking en route. A rock hit it. But the driver was nice, so I ended up paying for it. The company was nice too.

Original review: June 10, 2022

From the moment I called to find a carrier to pick up to delivery this was by far the most professional, communicative company I've ever shipped with. No hidden charges. The carrier they sent was professional and friendly, all in all, highly recommended. (I assume if you publish this review you will not include anything other than Joel F.)

Original review: June 4, 2022

I recently had a vehicle shipped from Oregon to Arizona, the day my vehicle was supposed to be picked up the driver had mechanical issues. Mark stepped up, made recommendations to me, had the vehicle picked up the next day. On top of dealing with all my questions and stress of shipping, he was very professional and exceed expectations. On top of that my vehicle arrived a day early.

eShip Company Information