Get a Quote

2. Auto Transporters
ACCREDITED PARTNER

4.8/5 (71 ratings)

About uShip

Launched in 2004, uShip has experienced teams to ensure you feel confident, assured and at ease from booking to delivery. uShip makes shipping big stuff easy and affordable by connecting you with customer-reviewed Transportation Service Providers, ranging from independent owner-operators to the largest freight carriers and brokers. You're able to talk to the carriers, review their transport history, safety records and customer-rated feedback. Through uShip's mobile tracking feature, important status updates and location sharing are available so you can follow your valuable shipment at any point during the journey. Call for the best rate today!

Pros

• Name your own price
  • Track your shipment online
  • Get multiple bids on your project

Cons

• Not all vendors are licensed and insured

Bottom Line

uShip connects shippers and carriers for streamlined transactions. Because of the marketplace model, not all vendors are created equal, but uShip provides reviews and history for each carrier so you can book with confidence.

What is uShip?

uShip is an online marketplace, or “load board,” for shipping services where users can post shipping jobs they need completed and receive bids from several vendors. Customers can use uShip for a variety of shipping needs from household moves to cars to live animals and more. uShip specializes in helping customers find transportation for items “larger than a parcel” for both local and long-distance moves.

uShip services

Uship transport

uShip lets customers find transport solutions for shipping in the following categories among others, including freight shipping at truckload or less-than-truckload capacity:

• Vehicles (cars, motorcycles, RVs, trailers, boats and parts)
  • Household items (furniture, appliances, etc.)
  • Whole house, apartment or office moves
  • Heavy equipment (farm equipment, construction equipment)
  • Animals (dogs, cats, livestock)

Customers can select their preferred carrier type from large trucking companies, small fleets, single truck owners and even people on road trips.

uShip tracking

You can track your shipment any time throughout the process online and through the uShip mobile app, you’ll also receive push notifications upon pickup and delivery. Your driver must have location sharing services turned on, so be sure to verify this with your driver before you book.

uShip app

With the uShip mobile app you can communicate with your driver, ask questions, get important status alerts and make payment upon delivery. For drivers, the uShip mobile app provides a streamlined source of communication and organization. You can keep track of your active jobs, submitted bids and answer customer questions all in one place.

uShip insurance

uShip offers all-risk cargo insurance with coverage for direct physical loss and/or damage. Insurance through uShip eliminates the hassle of having to deal with a third-party service provider’s insurance company. This direct relationship promises faster payouts on claims. Insurance can be purchased at booking and is backed by Lloyd’s of London. uShip also offers a “ship with confidence” guarantee that pays out up to $500 if damage or loss occurs.

uShip quotes and pricing

To get pricing and bids for your job, enter what you need to be shipped and where it’s going. Before you book, you can review each company’s customer feedback and service history.

• uShip estimate: After your information is submitted, you’ll receive a free instant uShip estimate based on historical pricing data.
  • uShip bidding: Certain shipments have published rates that can instantly be booked. If your job doesn’t have a published rate, you can choose whether you want to receive bids from several carriers, or name your own price and wait for a carrier to accept it.
  • uShip fees: A service charge paid to uShip will apply upon booking. A list of fees is not available as prices are set based on what you’re shipping; however any service fee is listed clearly alongside your bid at checkout, so you’ll know exactly what you’re paying before you finalize your payment.

uShip FAQ

How does uShip work?
To use uShip, simply select the “find shipments” option. From there, you will enter your pickup and delivery location to begin the pairing process. You can select what you’ll be shipping, the projected shipment weight, and more filters to help narrow your matches. Once you book a shipment, you’ll review and sign an agreement with the carrier and be able to track your shipment online through the duration of the job.
Is uShip legitimate?
uShip is a real, legitimate company. They are an online marketplace (also known as a load board) that allow individuals or businesses who need large items shipped to post jobs and receive bids from third-party vendors.
Is uShip safe?
While working with third-parties may feel like a risky endeavor, uShip’s “ship with confidence” guarantee promises a payout of up to $500 in the event of damage or loss, though uShip assures customers those instances are rare.
What are uShip’s insurance requirements?

uShip’s insurance premiums will depend on the value of your items, but deductibles are available as low as $50. You must submit any claims within five days of delivery.

Insurance is not available for certain items including engines and motors, live animals, cash, jewelry and other items.

Geographical restrictions apply to the areas of Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Somalia, Sudan, Mexico, Haiti, Nigeria, Pakistan and the Commonwealth of Independent States.

Can you make money on uShip?
For drivers, uShip is a potential money making opportunity. You can accept jobs as a full-time truck driver or even earn some extra cash while on a road trip. uShip will take a fee of all jobs booked, but it can be an excellent way to connect with lots of jobs in one, centralized place.

Do we recommend uShip?

If you’re looking for a simple way to get multiple bids for a shipping job, uShip can be a good place to start. Specializing in large and bulky items, uShip helps customers needing transport for atypical items. In addition to their “ship with confidence” guarantee, their customer service teams help mediate communication, timing and payment issues between shipper and carrier, which should put most customers at ease.

uShip Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about uShip?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about uShip?

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

Overall the shipment was successful and I would use again as well as suggest others to use. The interface is rigid in the attempt to keep shippers from getting to close to the carriers initially. This caused a delay of almost a day but it worked out. I would also suggest more oversight of the package in transit. You literally give to a stranger with feedback then wait for them to call with the request to drop off.

Get buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

Initially unsure of using Uship. I placed an advertisement to see possible bids. The first came in at twice what I expected. After several days, a couple of bids came in that were reasonably priced. After talking with a couple of bidders, I selected a slightly higher bid for enclosed transportation. The driver arrived a bit later than planned, but quickly loaded the bike and transported from Colorado to California. After arriving in California, I had the bike delivered about 3 days later. The excellent communication from the driver and quick delivery make the a service I will use again if needed.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

Needed a chair shipped from NYC and put the job on uShip for bids. Within a few days I had 4 bids from $375 to $600. After checking reviews, I chose the middle bid. MoverMan's Bryant ** was FANTASTIC! Quick responses to all my concerns and FAST delivery. The chair was wrapped with extreme care and he was a really nice guy to boot. I'd definitely work with him again. Book him. You won't be sorry.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

My overall experience with my shipper was good. What was difficult was the bidding process. So I got some bids I liked, and then the users get "flagged" and their bids get cancelled, and then people who had underbid them cancel their bids... And just overall it was a little bit of a "wild-wild-west". I eventually found a bid I liked by someone that seemed good and I pulled the trigger immediately. Once I selected a shipper, the experience went perfectly and I could not be happier.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

I posted pictures of the item, the route, and the dates on Sunday. I got two ridiculous bids, but then a solid bid from a shipper with excellent reviews. Pickup was flawless, and the item was delivered 1200 miles away in five days (I wasn’t in a hurry). Delivery was on-time and painless. I’ve used UShip 3 times now, for items from a single rocking chair to a pontoon boat, and shipped thousands of miles. No problems so far, it is great!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

I used UShip to move 7 arcade machines from New Jersey to Illinois. This was my first time using them and I will definitely do it again. The cost was competitive and the movers professional. Delivered on time with no issues.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

Mary and Willie are fabulous! I would recommend them for all moving needs! On time, organized, efficient! Also very friendly! My house was emptied in no time and delivered to the storage site promptly! Very happy with them and their professional appeal!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

Adrianna and her partner helped us with 3 moves. They are AMAZING!!! They handled everything with care. Their attention to detail is unsurpassed. They are a true moving gem. I will refer them to everyone I know and whenever one of my family members moves again....they are the only ones I will call!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

Awesome results, I was a little nervous and skeptical, but it worked perfectly! I bought an antique table, and was expecting any delivery would take weeks, instead it took less than 24 hours and the service was terrific! Will use Uship again!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

I have nothing but good things to say about your shipping site. Both shipments proceeded smoothly and professionally. I received quotes quickly and I believe the rates I received were fair for the services provided. Thank you for making this available!!

uShip Company Information