Launched in 2004, uShip has experienced teams to ensure you feel confident, assured and at ease from booking to delivery. uShip makes shipping big stuff easy and affordable by connecting you with customer-reviewed Transportation Service Providers, ranging from independent owner-operators to the largest freight carriers and brokers. You're able to talk to the carriers, review their transport history, safety records and customer-rated feedback. Through uShip's mobile tracking feature, important status updates and location sharing are available so you can follow your valuable shipment at any point during the journey. Call for the best rate today!
Overall Satisfaction Rating
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 stars
- Name your own price
- Track your shipment online
- Get multiple bids on your project
- Not all vendors are licensed and insured
uShip connects shippers and carriers for streamlined transactions. Because of the marketplace model, not all vendors are created equal, but uShip provides reviews and history for each carrier so you can book with confidence.
What is uShip?
uShip is an online marketplace, or “load board,” for shipping services where users can post shipping jobs they need completed and receive bids from several vendors. Customers can use uShip for a variety of shipping needs from household moves to cars to live animals and more. uShip specializes in helping customers find transportation for items “larger than a parcel” for both local and long-distance moves.
uShip lets customers find transport solutions for shipping in the following categories among others, including freight shipping at truckload or less-than-truckload capacity:
- Vehicles (cars, motorcycles, RVs, trailers, boats and parts)
- Household items (furniture, appliances, etc.)
- Whole house, apartment or office moves
- Heavy equipment (farm equipment, construction equipment)
- Animals (dogs, cats, livestock)
Customers can select their preferred carrier type from large trucking companies, small fleets, single truck owners and even people on road trips.
You can track your shipment any time throughout the process online and through the uShip mobile app, you’ll also receive push notifications upon pickup and delivery. Your driver must have location sharing services turned on, so be sure to verify this with your driver before you book.
With the uShip mobile app you can communicate with your driver, ask questions, get important status alerts and make payment upon delivery. For drivers, the uShip mobile app provides a streamlined source of communication and organization. You can keep track of your active jobs, submitted bids and answer customer questions all in one place.
uShip offers all-risk cargo insurance with coverage for direct physical loss and/or damage. Insurance through uShip eliminates the hassle of having to deal with a third-party service provider’s insurance company. This direct relationship promises faster payouts on claims. Insurance can be purchased at booking and is backed by Lloyd’s of London. uShip also offers a “ship with confidence” guarantee that pays out up to $500 if damage or loss occurs.
uShip quotes and pricing
To get pricing and bids for your job, enter what you need to be shipped and where it’s going. Before you book, you can review each company’s customer feedback and service history.
- uShip estimate: After your information is submitted, you’ll receive a free instant uShip estimate based on historical pricing data.
- uShip bidding: Certain shipments have published rates that can instantly be booked. If your job doesn’t have a published rate, you can choose whether you want to receive bids from several carriers, or name your own price and wait for a carrier to accept it.
- uShip fees: A service charge paid to uShip will apply upon booking. A list of fees is not available as prices are set based on what you’re shipping; however any service fee is listed clearly alongside your bid at checkout, so you’ll know exactly what you’re paying before you finalize your payment.
- How does uShip work?
- To use uShip, simply select the “find shipments” option. From there, you will enter your pickup and delivery location to begin the pairing process. You can select what you’ll be shipping, the projected shipment weight, and more filters to help narrow your matches. Once you book a shipment, you’ll review and sign an agreement with the carrier and be able to track your shipment online through the duration of the job.
- Is uShip legitimate?
- uShip is a real, legitimate company. They are an online marketplace (also known as a load board) that allow individuals or businesses who need large items shipped to post jobs and receive bids from third-party vendors.
- Is uShip safe?
- While working with third-parties may feel like a risky endeavor, uShip’s “ship with confidence” guarantee promises a payout of up to $500 in the event of damage or loss, though uShip assures customers those instances are rare.
- What are uShip’s insurance requirements?
uShip’s insurance premiums will depend on the value of your items, but deductibles are available as low as $50. You must submit any claims within five days of delivery.
Insurance is not available for certain items including engines and motors, live animals, cash, jewelry and other items.
Geographical restrictions apply to the areas of Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Somalia, Sudan, Mexico, Haiti, Nigeria, Pakistan and the Commonwealth of Independent States.
- Can you make money on uShip?
- For drivers, uShip is a potential money making opportunity. You can accept jobs as a full-time truck driver or even earn some extra cash while on a road trip. uShip will take a fee of all jobs booked, but it can be an excellent way to connect with lots of jobs in one, centralized place.
Do we recommend uShip?
If you’re looking for a simple way to get multiple bids for a shipping job, uShip can be a good place to start. Specializing in large and bulky items, uShip helps customers needing transport for atypical items. In addition to their “ship with confidence” guarantee, their customer service teams help mediate communication, timing and payment issues between shipper and carrier, which should put most customers at ease.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 3,771,570 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
I've used Uship several times now and have been extremely satisfied with them, and their customer service. My only advice would be to take extra CARGO INSURANCE before you checkout, because you cannot add it later if you change your mind. Not that I needed to use it but it gave me more peace of mind. I am very happy with their services!
The moving company through uShip was to deliver 15 items. Three of them were broken. The shipper delivered these three broken items 3 weeks after the delivery of the 12 unbroken items to a granite countertop company (random, right?) with the instructions that these three items be prepared and delivered to me by the granite company. Then the shipper skipped town not completing paperwork or documentation. Uship company is designed in a way that they completely abdicate responsibility for failings. uShip points fingers either at their insurance company or at the Independent shipper. I am very dissatisfied.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
One of Uship's providers tried to scam me on a Friday afternoon. Customer support was NO help. On weekends, you can only leave an email which they don't answer! Read the fine print! They aren't liable. They only connect shippers and service providers. You are supposed to do your due diligence. When you finally do get someone on the phone, they "take notes" and say they will escalate your issue to the next level. Then you get some generic email (NOT a phone call) and it is obvious that they have no clue what your complaint was about. I reported this guy for extortion because he picked up my items and refused to deliver them until I paid him AGAIN outside of Uship. I reported this by phone in detail more than once and the email response I got was "Please confirm that your item was NOT picked up so we can process a cancellation". Seriously??? Beware! When it's good, it's good. When it's bad, you're screwed.
I had an extremely bad experience with uShip and their Provider "L&M Trusted Transport". I had booked "L&M Trusted Transport" via uShip to move a Highboy Dresser from Cumming, GA to Ashburn, VA. This was an Estate Sale purchase. L&M Transport confirmed to pick up my furniture on 8/14/2021 Saturday Morning 9:30AM from Cumming, GA. The Service Provider names were Mary ** and Lando **. They did a complete no show and were not reachable on phone or text. They did not return my numerous calls or text messages and left me completely in the dark. I had to waste whole of Saturday to find alternate options to pick up my furniture and transport. I wasted time & money, and this caused a lot of heartburn. "L&M Trusted Transport" is completely untrustworthy and fraud provider. They don't deserve your time or business.
As for uShip, they don't care about their customers at all. 1) They don't have Customer Service coverage during weekends. Although lot of their moving business is conducted over the weekend. I called uShip, but there was no one in their Customer Service to resolve my issue. 2) Their website asked to lodge an email complaint, uShip has not got back to me or taken any actions to resolve my case in 2 days. Please do not trust uShip or their provider "L&M Trusted Transport" with your business. They are not worthy of your trust or business.
We are sorry to hear about the issues with your shipment! Please reach out to uShip Customer Support if you have any question or if we can assist in any way (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Tim was great in all respects: pick up and shipping went quickly and without a hitch. Highly professional shipper; would recommend without reservation. His rig is perfect and he secured our fragile artwork perfectly and delivered it quickly.
With the quote and communication I had with the shipper, I am very pleased with his service. The whole experience was easy to follow and would recommend using this service. The only thing that bugged out of this experience was that my money was taken immediately besides when my item was dropped off to me. But it is what it is. Still, I am happy with the service I received.
I needed to ship a newly purchased vintage motorcycle from NC to Oklahoma. I placed an ad on Uship and within a day had a very reasonable quote that fit my time frame. The motorcycle was picked up in a couple of days and delivered in a timely manner. Communication with the shipper was excellent and the motorcycle was well protected and arrived in perfect condition.
Used uShip and the carrier accepted. After a few days passed no contact. On 4th day called him and was told he was coming on Monday. Upon pickup the driver said the BOL was not necessary and he handled it electronically. He said the same on delivery. This prevented him from being responsible for damages. USHIP must allow this behavior, and the illegitimate delivery drivers use it to make themselves look good. Very poor business. Now the insurance I bought thru USHIP denies claims...
Higher charges than industry standards to both the person shipping and the person delivering. When an issue arrives uShip provides poor service on trying to resolve an issue but still takes their portion. Worst experience with a company I have had. If you can find an alternate source, I would not use this company.
I used UShip to move 7 arcade machines from New Jersey to Illinois. This was my first time using them and I will definitely do it again. The cost was competitive and the movers professional. Delivered on time with no issues.
Mary and Willie are fabulous! I would recommend them for all moving needs! On time, organized, efficient! Also very friendly! My house was emptied in no time and delivered to the storage site promptly! Very happy with them and their professional appeal!
uShip Company Information
- Social media:
- Company Name:
- Company Type:
- Year Founded:
- 205 E Riverside Dr
- Postal Code:
- United States