Launched in 2004, uShip has experienced teams to ensure you feel confident, assured and at ease from booking to delivery. uShip makes shipping big stuff easy and affordable by connecting you with customer-reviewed Transportation Service Providers, ranging from independent owner-operators to the largest freight carriers and brokers. You're able to talk to the carriers, review their transport history, safety records and customer-rated feedback. Through uShip's mobile tracking feature, important status updates and location sharing are available so you can follow your valuable shipment at any point during the journey. Call for the best rate today!
uShip connects shippers and carriers for streamlined transactions. Because of the marketplace model, not all vendors are created equal, but uShip provides reviews and history for each carrier so you can book with confidence.
- Name your own price
- Track your shipment online
- Get multiple bids on your project
- Not all vendors are licensed and insured
What is uShip?
uShip is an online marketplace, or “load board,” for shipping services where users can post shipping jobs they need completed and receive bids from several vendors. Customers can use uShip for a variety of shipping needs from household moves to cars to live animals and more. uShip specializes in helping customers find transportation for items “larger than a parcel” for both local and long-distance moves.
uShip lets customers find transport solutions for shipping in the following categories among others, including freight shipping at truckload or less-than-truckload capacity:
- Vehicles (cars, motorcycles, RVs, trailers, boats and parts)
- Household items (furniture, appliances, etc.)
- Whole house, apartment or office moves
- Heavy equipment (farm equipment, construction equipment)
- Animals (dogs, cats, livestock)
Customers can select their preferred carrier type from large trucking companies, small fleets, single truck owners and even people on road trips.
You can track your shipment any time throughout the process online and through the uShip mobile app, you’ll also receive push notifications upon pickup and delivery. Your driver must have location sharing services turned on, so be sure to verify this with your driver before you book.
With the uShip mobile app you can communicate with your driver, ask questions, get important status alerts and make payment upon delivery. For drivers, the uShip mobile app provides a streamlined source of communication and organization. You can keep track of your active jobs, submitted bids and answer customer questions all in one place.
uShip offers all-risk cargo insurance with coverage for direct physical loss and/or damage. Insurance through uShip eliminates the hassle of having to deal with a third-party service provider’s insurance company. This direct relationship promises faster payouts on claims. Insurance can be purchased at booking and is backed by Lloyd’s of London. uShip also offers a “ship with confidence” guarantee that pays out up to $500 if damage or loss occurs.
uShip quotes and pricing
To get pricing and bids for your job, enter what you need to be shipped and where it’s going. Before you book, you can review each company’s customer feedback and service history.
- uShip estimate: After your information is submitted, you’ll receive a free instant uShip estimate based on historical pricing data.
- uShip bidding: Certain shipments have published rates that can instantly be booked. If your job doesn’t have a published rate, you can choose whether you want to receive bids from several carriers, or name your own price and wait for a carrier to accept it.
- uShip fees: A service charge paid to uShip will apply upon booking. A list of fees is not available as prices are set based on what you’re shipping; however any service fee is listed clearly alongside your bid at checkout, so you’ll know exactly what you’re paying before you finalize your payment.
- How does uShip work?
- To use uShip, simply select the “find shipments” option. From there, you will enter your pickup and delivery location to begin the pairing process. You can select what you’ll be shipping, the projected shipment weight, and more filters to help narrow your matches. Once you book a shipment, you’ll review and sign an agreement with the carrier and be able to track your shipment online through the duration of the job.
- Is uShip legitimate?
- uShip is a real, legitimate company. They are an online marketplace (also known as a load board) that allow individuals or businesses who need large items shipped to post jobs and receive bids from third-party vendors.
- Is uShip safe?
- While working with third-parties may feel like a risky endeavor, uShip’s “ship with confidence” guarantee promises a payout of up to $500 in the event of damage or loss, though uShip assures customers those instances are rare.
- What are uShip’s insurance requirements?
uShip’s insurance premiums will depend on the value of your items, but deductibles are available as low as $50. You must submit any claims within five days of delivery.
Insurance is not available for certain items including engines and motors, live animals, cash, jewelry and other items.
Geographical restrictions apply to the areas of Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Somalia, Sudan, Mexico, Haiti, Nigeria, Pakistan and the Commonwealth of Independent States.
- Can you make money on uShip?
- For drivers, uShip is a potential money making opportunity. You can accept jobs as a full-time truck driver or even earn some extra cash while on a road trip. uShip will take a fee of all jobs booked, but it can be an excellent way to connect with lots of jobs in one, centralized place.
Do we recommend uShip?
If you’re looking for a simple way to get multiple bids for a shipping job, uShip can be a good place to start. Specializing in large and bulky items, uShip helps customers needing transport for atypical items. In addition to their “ship with confidence” guarantee, their customer service teams help mediate communication, timing and payment issues between shipper and carrier, which should put most customers at ease.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
I got numerous quotes and chose to ship a copper tub through USHIP which used SHIP NOW USA to do so. Truck never showed up so I ended up having to take the LARGE heavy tub over to the freight terminal myself in order to get it shipped out on time. They shipped it to a freight terminal and hour away from my customer who drove there to pick it up. Months after the fact and without notifying me, they (USHIP/SHIP NOW USA) charged my credit card another $108. I noticed it on my statement and called to ask about it. They said they did so because they had to call my customer to arrange for them to pick it up. Why that justifies charging me another $108 is beyond pale. Long story short, they refuse to refund my money. DO NOT EVER USE THEM!
uShip Company Information
- Social media:
- Company Name:
- Year Founded:
- 205 E Riverside Dr
- Postal Code:
- United States