3.7/5 (658 ratings)

About Delta Air Lines

Delta Air Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Air Lines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Air Lines?

Original review: May 6, 2021

I booked with Delta through Hotwire. I had never used delta before but it was the only airline that didn't have a 6am return flight. I was traveling with my boyfriend and 3 yr old son. Here's my story. First, I booked the flight and car. All the funds were pending from my account. When it actually charged my card, I noticed it was 1 plane ticket less. I thought maybe they changed something due to my son's age, cool. So I questioned whether he would be allowed a carryon or not. The website says it's based on price. Seeing as to how I wasn't sure what happened with the ticket prices, I figured I'd call to find out. I spent 9 HOURS to ask this simple question. 5 hours on hold waiting for someone to answer before I gave up, and 4 hours trying to use the online chat. Finally, I got someone, gave them the ticket number (which I figured they would say something if they missed the charge), they said yes to the carry on.

Then we get to the airport. We're carrying our bags, a car seat, a stroller and a child. We were rushed through security as if we were an inconvenience- literally shouted at- and we weren't moving slow (ok whatever). We get to the gate and wait. Then our flight was delayed due to a mechanical issue with the a/c. For 2+ hours. We missed our connecting flight in Atlanta. At this point I'm stressed, but think "better safe than sorry, things happen". Flight back home: again, rushed through security. Get to the gate. Wait. Another delay. Mechanical issue with the a/c unit. What are the chances? Again, waiting hours to get on the plane and missing our connecting flight home.

Here's the kicker, it was the last flight from Minneapolis to Milwaukee that day so we were not getting home. They searched for options and said, "We can MAYBE get you on tomorrow but all of tomorrow's flights are booked up so we'll put you on standby and hopefully you get something." They put us in a hotel in Minneapolis for the night. I had thrown away a bunch of stuff that I didn't think we needed anymore; toothbrushes, toothpaste, trial sizes of deodorant, all of the toiletries. No car, no gas station nearby to walk to, no food. Ok now we go to the airport again the next morning to see if we can get on a plane. They luckily said yes. We wait. They announce the flight was overbooked and offered $400 for someone to take a later flight. No one took it.

Eventually they landed on $600 and someone gave in. $600? I got a $50 hotel room to wait an entire day. Moving on, we go to board and they gave each of us separate seats. I asked if there was a way my 3yr old could sit by either myself or my boyfriend and they said I could figure it out myself. Finally, an attendant on the plane helped me switch seats with another rider so my toddler didn't have to sit with a stranger. We got home and I was just relieved to have it all over with. Then I check my bank account 5 days later and delta charged me another $438.40! Do I want to spend another 9 hours trying to contact cust service, or call the whole thing a loss and save my sanity?

Original review: May 5, 2021

I booked a flight to go from RDU to BCN. Specifically booked with Delta to have just 1 stop. Due to rescheduling delta changed my flights and now I have 2 stops. I call and I have been waiting on hold for 4 hours. No answer…. I bought a 1 stop ticket. So I want a 1 stop ticket.

Original review: May 5, 2021

I’m trying to change my ticket with Delta Air Lines for he past 2 days. The first day after holding for 3 hours, I had to hang up. The next day after 3 hours holding the agent hung up on me. The second time after holding for 2 hours the agent hung up even without saying hello. The third time over 3 hours hold and no hope someone will really answer. On their recording it mentions that you can change reservation online, but you can’t. I will never ever ever use Delta airline in the future. No supervision or monitoring of their customer service. Horrible airline. Please don’t use it even if it is the cheapest.

Original review: May 3, 2021

I am a Diamond Medallion for many years now and I have to say that in the last year customer service even at my level has become very poor. It is to the point I am very close to switching to United and trying them out. Wait times are usually a minimum 30 minutes (even on the Diamond line) no matter what time of day you call. Further the call me back feature I have requested approximately 5 times in the last year and it has never worked once.

Though the long imposed wait was painful it was at least possible to speak with someone helpful, but now on my last two calls I have been speaking with the Singapore call center who is difficult to understand at best and only recently booked me a flight that when I checked on it after the call found to be wrong. Now I am on hold again with them and again Singapore with a worse representative than the last time. I have had enough as an elite member and I can only guess at the pain non-elites go through. This airline has gone down the tubes. MW

Original review: May 3, 2021

I have used Delta in the past and they had good customer service, plane ride smooth and clean but this time they have changed my flight now 3 times and they left it up to us to find a new one. We had everything ready to go: flight, hotel, and everything else for our trip. Then we get not one but two emails with them changing our flights time and layover airport/city. Then when I got the next email they said if I didn't like the times I was to call or get ecredit! Really? Well I tried calling and was on hold for 3 hours in between 2 different phone calls...Tried their chat but again I was on hold for a very long time and when I asked for someone to call me back...nothing.

My husband ended up going late in the evening to the airport and talking to one of the airport agents who thankfully turned around and called someone to change our flights to a different time. No ecredit for our time and frustration over just trying to get someone to assist us. With all that being said I opened my email this morning and wouldn't you know it...they changed our times again! I am not happy with the way they are treating us. If I didn't already have flights bought and paid for through them I wouldn't use them again. Very disappointed for sure.

Original review: May 2, 2021

A reservation was made in March to fly in June. I received notification that my reservation had changed and my seats were deleted. I went through the process to get new seats and was set, until they changed my itinerary again. I waited to change seats and glad I did as they changed it again. I called and spent 2 hours rearranging my flights for 4 family members and thought that would solve the issue as I changed the route. For the fourth time they changed it again and added an additional layover. I understand we are in Covid days but how do you stay in business offering such HORRIBLE service?!!!

Original review: April 22, 2021

I have been a loyal Delta customer for years. Until recently, I flew Delta exclusively. This month, my wife and flew Delta for a trip to Florida. Our trip down was delayed due to weather which is unavoidable. However, we then had mechanical problems, had to land at a different airport and we waited four hours for a repair. I understand that problems happen, and we got to our destination on the day we were supposed to albeit 6 hours late.

Our return trip however was much worse. Our flight was delayed 8 hours due to equipment problems, then four hours due to weather. We missed our connecting flight in Atlanta, and the backup connection flight. Delta was unable to book us the next day from Florida, and we had to book on American Airlines. We incurred over $800 in additional costs due to Delta's problems. We were told we could get reimbursement for the AA tickets and the hotel costs. So far, I have been unable to talk to anyone at Delta for help on this matter. I am so very discouraged with this airline on which my wife and I have flown over 100,000 miles.

Original review: April 20, 2021

Delta has been such an amazing airline to me and my family. My mother was traveling alone with a baby and they helped her carry everything down the ramp and get situated even the first class attendant was making sure they were comfortable, happy, and most importantly safe. I chose delta over my hometown airline because the service is just that good. I even get free bags with the other airline and still choose delta. Delta even recognized my choice and privately thanked me for choosing them. Thank you guys for such an amazing experience!

Original review: April 20, 2021

I called customer service just before 7pm today and was given option to hold for 2:44 hours. No option for a call back was given. At onset of the call I was informed that service is affected by Covid. How do they get away with this lame excuse. Most large companies I know compensated for Covid and moved into a ‘new norm’ with little or no impact on service. Well it is now 11:28, nearly 4:30 hours since the call started still with no customer representative available. How do they justify these call center statistics and then praise their customer service. Quite remarkable.

Original review: April 18, 2021

I called Delta's customer service at 10:52 am and I did not receive a call back until 4:39. I’m a loyal and frequent delta flyer as well as a gold card member. Waiting 6 hours for a call back is bad customer service and a Bad customer experience. I ended up booking a flight with another airline due to this which is unfortunate because prior to this bad experience delta was my favorite airline to fly.

Original review: April 18, 2021

I had booked a flight in December to fly in April. I called Delta Airlines a few days before our flight to find out about Covid restrictions. I was told, "We first need to check your flight. Oh it's overbooked and you will have to fly out on the 14th instead of our booked day of the 10th." I told the lady, "No we are flying out on the 10th." "I'm sorry but they have overbooked that flight," was her response. I was floored. I again told her, "We are flying out on the 10th, we had taken time off work and were going to visit a brand new grandchild." She said, "Well we can get you on that flight still but it will cost you 43 dollars per person." Are you flipping kidding me??

I paid it because I wasn't about to not go. But am very disappointed that I had to pay 86 more to fly when I had already paid my full airfare months in advance because the airline overbooked. Then was told we had to get a negative Covid test prior to our flight. We scurried to complete that just in time to find out we did not need it at all. Not happy with the service I received at all. Seems like some kind of extortion To me. Will not be flying Delta again anytime soon.

Original review: April 15, 2021

Their phone support wait times are constantly over 2 hours and they don't even offer to keep your place in line and call you back when your turn is up for cancelling a flight. The flight I purchased could not be canceled online. The eCredits I had from before would never even display when I logged in to their website, I had to get a customer rep to manually make those work for me. Tried chat help through mobile app, but it timed out as I was waiting and I lost my place in line.

Tried to reach out via Twitter and had a mixed response. Supposedly someone actually did cancel my flight, but I never got a confirmation email or any confirmation of a refund. After a 5-10 minute wait I got one response on Facebook where they apologized for a delay getting my message. After that I was ignored for another 10+ minutes, during which I created my ConsumerAffairs account and created this review. Still no confirmation email regarding the flight being canceled or any correspondence about the refund that I should be getting from canceling the day after buying tickets. Delta claims I get a full refund as long as the flight is canceled before midnight the following night and I fell within that. Have spent over 2 hours trying to go through this process so far.

Original review: April 12, 2021

Delta intentionally doesn’t staff the desks at the gate so that they don’t have to take complaints. I have been on 3 different trips with Delta since January and whenever someone shows up at the gate desk they immediately get a hoard of people with heavy complaints and the person at the desk just says, "I’m sorry, I can’t help you." Delta does their best to ignore their customers and not provide answers. Stay away from them as they blame all of the issues on some policy that actually doesn’t exist but isn’t their fault.

Original review: April 5, 2021

Delta is constantly increasing their prices by canceling the flight then scheduling a new one for a higher price. It’s outrageous this is permitted. It’s been 4 flights they have canceled me this way.

Original review: April 5, 2021

We have established a dream vacation in Hawaii Honolulu on 04/02/2021. The company I chose to fly with was Delta airline, everything was OK until the flight to LA was an unpleasant experience because of the masks. During the flight, the mask I was wearing went under my nose, and then the stewardess remarked to me to lift the mask, I was warned 3 times until she came and said it was the last advertisement.

I wore the mask correctly. I would like to mention that I had in my arms my baby 1 year old who was pulling my mask. When I arrived in Los Angeles, someone from the Delta manager was waiting for me at the gate, when he said he wanted to talk to me about the situation. I explained everything to him but they decided to cancel my flight to Honolulu and back to Atlanta. Not to mention that I had a one-year-old baby with me and the 3 older children who dreamed of arriving in Hawaii, where the Delta airline ruined my entire vacation and that of my family.

I had to stay in Los Angeles with the whole family, two nights while I got a call from delta airline as the whole reservation was canceled because I didn't wear the mask properly. We made other reservations with other flight companies and finally on 04/04/2021 I arrived in Honolulu. I do not recommend you to travel with the delta ever, I will give up traveling with the delta again for bad ugly behavior and attitudes that are not accepted.

Original review: April 3, 2021

Your decision to pull off the All star game in Georgia was political and had nothing to do with air travel or sports. I will no longer be flying with Delta! EVER! Please consider how many individuals and companies in the Atlanta area you are affecting, both monetarily and ideologically. This was a bad decision! Statistically, my opinion is shared by at least 1000 others, who have not communicated it to you.

Original review: April 1, 2021

Flexible when it comes to changing bookings with no fees related to changes as a result of COVID Pandemic changes. Comparatively short wait times between multi-leg flights. Good international schedule between the USA and Canada (something I use frequently). Ground and in flight crews are helpful and friendly.

Original review: April 1, 2021

Could not book a direct flight to Oregon from Key West Florida. 4 Airports and 23 hours total time. Worst Airline in the U.S. Had to fly to Miami 7 hour wait, then to Dallas 6 hour wait, then to Sacramento 9 wait a 1 hour flight to Medford Oregon.

Original review: April 1, 2021

I flew exclusively with Delta any time I needed to fly over the past year or so during the pandemic. I've had great experiences with Delta in the past, but they were the only major airline I was aware of still not seating anyone in the middle. That was a huge concern for me and I paid higher fares for those flights just for that added safety and peace of mind. The app is also super easy to use compared to other airlines. Great overall.

Original review: March 31, 2021

Outstanding overall airline service. High levels of covid safety and cleanliness. Great and quick process of tickets. Great flight attendants. Outstanding disability accessibility and assistance.

Original review: March 31, 2021

Always someone to answer your questions, very friendly and clean airplanes and waiting areas. Delta provided me with a good product while I was traveling for work so I was not worried about the small things. They had my back!

Original review: March 30, 2021

Delta’s customer service during the COVID-19 pandemic was phenomenal. Yes, they experienced high call volumes and initially had ridiculously long wait times. But they implemented an email submission system that was far more efficient for customers like myself. Moreover, they willingly offered a future credit, without my prompting, when my flight was delayed and I contacted them. I also had their credit card up until about a year ago. I was very impressed with their points system and incentives.

Original review: March 30, 2021

Simply put, I absolutely love Delta Airlines. Why? Because they make my safety and health their number one priority. In fact, I’ve only flown Delta since the pandemic began due to the fact that they’ve implemented their Delta Care Standard, which includes using refreshed fresh, outside air and air via high-grade HEPA filters inside the plane. I’ve tried to explain this process to both friends and family members, in addition to sharing their video, but they’re still under the impression that planes are using recycled air, and as such, they are afraid to travel via airplane. Thank you for all that you do to keep your passengers safe and healthy. Subsequently, it really meant a lot to me when I wrote Delta previously and received a response on behalf of Ed Bastian, Delta Air Lines CEO. Once again, I am your number one customer and I promise to encourage others to fly Delta as well.

Original review: March 29, 2021

I wouldn't fly any other line as long as Delta goes where I want to go...the staff are very pleasant, the planes are always clean and generally leave and arrive on time. Also they fly where I want to go, States and Europe Australia.

Original review: March 29, 2021

My first international experience is with Delta airlines going to the USA back in 2013. It was scary at first due to language barrier and I was alone in flight. Luckily the flight attendants was polite to ask me if I’m fluent enough to speak in English because I was seated near the exit row. I said, "I’m confident enough." Then they taught some of the basic things when having emergency landing. It was fun and safe flight with them. Hope I could get back in the USA.

Original review: March 28, 2021

Great service and many destinations. Prices are competitive and often worth a little extra for reliability of flights. With the pandemic they have been ahead of their competitors in cleanliness and taking steps for protection of their fliers and employees.

Original review: March 28, 2021

Flying during Covid was especially trying, but every seat was separated and every person stayed masked during flight, I was expressed by this, I will fly again because of this in the future. Flight left on time and I was on time to my destination as well.

Original review: March 27, 2021

My second time flying, we were leaving RDU to fly to Florida. The attendants pleasantly greeted us. There were refreshments. I had an aisle seat in main cabin. Pretty much preferred. My only complaint is the seat in front of me was too close when person reclined. Not sure how that could be resolved. Definitely would like to experience other flights.

Original review: March 27, 2021

I typically fly Delta. The staff are curious and the flights usually proceed on time. The aircraft are clean and appear well maintained. The snack choices aren't great, bring your own food. But they do provide great coffee!

Original review: March 26, 2021

Very professional and safe during this time. Always has luggage delivered in a timely manner. First class is as advertised and the gate and counter folks are very good also. Website good and prices very good for premium travel.

Delta Air Lines Company Information