2. Travel
  3. Airlines

3.7/5 (1792 ratings)

About Delta Air Lines

Delta Air Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Air Lines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Air Lines?

Original review: April 20, 2021

I called customer service just before 7pm today and was given option to hold for 2:44 hours. No option for a call back was given. At onset of the call I was informed that service is affected by Covid. How do they get away with this lame excuse. Most large companies I know compensated for Covid and moved into a ‘new norm’ with little or no impact on service. Well it is now 11:28, nearly 4:30 hours since the call started still with no customer representative available. How do they justify these call center statistics and then praise their customer service. Quite remarkable.

Original review: April 18, 2021

I called Delta's customer service at 10:52 am and I did not receive a call back until 4:39. I’m a loyal and frequent delta flyer as well as a gold card member. Waiting 6 hours for a call back is bad customer service and a Bad customer experience. I ended up booking a flight with another airline due to this which is unfortunate because prior to this bad experience delta was my favorite airline to fly.

Original review: April 18, 2021

I had booked a flight in December to fly in April. I called Delta Airlines a few days before our flight to find out about Covid restrictions. I was told, "We first need to check your flight. Oh it's overbooked and you will have to fly out on the 14th instead of our booked day of the 10th." I told the lady, "No we are flying out on the 10th." "I'm sorry but they have overbooked that flight," was her response. I was floored. I again told her, "We are flying out on the 10th, we had taken time off work and were going to visit a brand new grandchild." She said, "Well we can get you on that flight still but it will cost you 43 dollars per person." Are you flipping kidding me??

I paid it because I wasn't about to not go. But am very disappointed that I had to pay 86 more to fly when I had already paid my full airfare months in advance because the airline overbooked. Then was told we had to get a negative Covid test prior to our flight. We scurried to complete that just in time to find out we did not need it at all. Not happy with the service I received at all. Seems like some kind of extortion To me. Will not be flying Delta again anytime soon.

Original review: April 15, 2021

Their phone support wait times are constantly over 2 hours and they don't even offer to keep your place in line and call you back when your turn is up for cancelling a flight. The flight I purchased could not be canceled online. The eCredits I had from before would never even display when I logged in to their website, I had to get a customer rep to manually make those work for me. Tried chat help through mobile app, but it timed out as I was waiting and I lost my place in line.

Tried to reach out via Twitter and had a mixed response. Supposedly someone actually did cancel my flight, but I never got a confirmation email or any confirmation of a refund. After a 5-10 minute wait I got one response on Facebook where they apologized for a delay getting my message. After that I was ignored for another 10+ minutes, during which I created my ConsumerAffairs account and created this review. Still no confirmation email regarding the flight being canceled or any correspondence about the refund that I should be getting from canceling the day after buying tickets. Delta claims I get a full refund as long as the flight is canceled before midnight the following night and I fell within that. Have spent over 2 hours trying to go through this process so far.

Original review: April 12, 2021

Delta intentionally doesn’t staff the desks at the gate so that they don’t have to take complaints. I have been on 3 different trips with Delta since January and whenever someone shows up at the gate desk they immediately get a hoard of people with heavy complaints and the person at the desk just says, "I’m sorry, I can’t help you." Delta does their best to ignore their customers and not provide answers. Stay away from them as they blame all of the issues on some policy that actually doesn’t exist but isn’t their fault.

Original review: April 5, 2021

Delta is constantly increasing their prices by canceling the flight then scheduling a new one for a higher price. It’s outrageous this is permitted. It’s been 4 flights they have canceled me this way.

Original review: April 5, 2021

We have established a dream vacation in Hawaii Honolulu on 04/02/2021. The company I chose to fly with was Delta airline, everything was OK until the flight to LA was an unpleasant experience because of the masks. During the flight, the mask I was wearing went under my nose, and then the stewardess remarked to me to lift the mask, I was warned 3 times until she came and said it was the last advertisement.

I wore the mask correctly. I would like to mention that I had in my arms my baby 1 year old who was pulling my mask. When I arrived in Los Angeles, someone from the Delta manager was waiting for me at the gate, when he said he wanted to talk to me about the situation. I explained everything to him but they decided to cancel my flight to Honolulu and back to Atlanta. Not to mention that I had a one-year-old baby with me and the 3 older children who dreamed of arriving in Hawaii, where the Delta airline ruined my entire vacation and that of my family.

I had to stay in Los Angeles with the whole family, two nights while I got a call from delta airline as the whole reservation was canceled because I didn't wear the mask properly. We made other reservations with other flight companies and finally on 04/04/2021 I arrived in Honolulu. I do not recommend you to travel with the delta ever, I will give up traveling with the delta again for bad ugly behavior and attitudes that are not accepted.

Original review: April 3, 2021

Your decision to pull off the All star game in Georgia was political and had nothing to do with air travel or sports. I will no longer be flying with Delta! EVER! Please consider how many individuals and companies in the Atlanta area you are affecting, both monetarily and ideologically. This was a bad decision! Statistically, my opinion is shared by at least 1000 others, who have not communicated it to you.

Original review: April 1, 2021

Flexible when it comes to changing bookings with no fees related to changes as a result of COVID Pandemic changes. Comparatively short wait times between multi-leg flights. Good international schedule between the USA and Canada (something I use frequently). Ground and in flight crews are helpful and friendly.

Original review: April 1, 2021

Could not book a direct flight to Oregon from Key West Florida. 4 Airports and 23 hours total time. Worst Airline in the U.S. Had to fly to Miami 7 hour wait, then to Dallas 6 hour wait, then to Sacramento 9 wait a 1 hour flight to Medford Oregon.

Original review: April 1, 2021

I flew exclusively with Delta any time I needed to fly over the past year or so during the pandemic. I've had great experiences with Delta in the past, but they were the only major airline I was aware of still not seating anyone in the middle. That was a huge concern for me and I paid higher fares for those flights just for that added safety and peace of mind. The app is also super easy to use compared to other airlines. Great overall.

Original review: March 31, 2021

Outstanding overall airline service. High levels of covid safety and cleanliness. Great and quick process of tickets. Great flight attendants. Outstanding disability accessibility and assistance.

Original review: March 31, 2021

Always someone to answer your questions, very friendly and clean airplanes and waiting areas. Delta provided me with a good product while I was traveling for work so I was not worried about the small things. They had my back!

Original review: March 30, 2021

Delta’s customer service during the COVID-19 pandemic was phenomenal. Yes, they experienced high call volumes and initially had ridiculously long wait times. But they implemented an email submission system that was far more efficient for customers like myself. Moreover, they willingly offered a future credit, without my prompting, when my flight was delayed and I contacted them. I also had their credit card up until about a year ago. I was very impressed with their points system and incentives.

Original review: March 30, 2021

Simply put, I absolutely love Delta Airlines. Why? Because they make my safety and health their number one priority. In fact, I’ve only flown Delta since the pandemic began due to the fact that they’ve implemented their Delta Care Standard, which includes using refreshed fresh, outside air and air via high-grade HEPA filters inside the plane. I’ve tried to explain this process to both friends and family members, in addition to sharing their video, but they’re still under the impression that planes are using recycled air, and as such, they are afraid to travel via airplane. Thank you for all that you do to keep your passengers safe and healthy. Subsequently, it really meant a lot to me when I wrote Delta previously and received a response on behalf of Ed Bastian, Delta Air Lines CEO. Once again, I am your number one customer and I promise to encourage others to fly Delta as well.

Original review: March 29, 2021

I wouldn't fly any other line as long as Delta goes where I want to go...the staff are very pleasant, the planes are always clean and generally leave and arrive on time. Also they fly where I want to go, States and Europe Australia.

Original review: March 29, 2021

My first international experience is with Delta airlines going to the USA back in 2013. It was scary at first due to language barrier and I was alone in flight. Luckily the flight attendants was polite to ask me if I’m fluent enough to speak in English because I was seated near the exit row. I said, "I’m confident enough." Then they taught some of the basic things when having emergency landing. It was fun and safe flight with them. Hope I could get back in the USA.

Original review: March 28, 2021

Great service and many destinations. Prices are competitive and often worth a little extra for reliability of flights. With the pandemic they have been ahead of their competitors in cleanliness and taking steps for protection of their fliers and employees.

Original review: March 28, 2021

Flying during Covid was especially trying, but every seat was separated and every person stayed masked during flight, I was expressed by this, I will fly again because of this in the future. Flight left on time and I was on time to my destination as well.

Original review: March 27, 2021

My second time flying, we were leaving RDU to fly to Florida. The attendants pleasantly greeted us. There were refreshments. I had an aisle seat in main cabin. Pretty much preferred. My only complaint is the seat in front of me was too close when person reclined. Not sure how that could be resolved. Definitely would like to experience other flights.

Original review: March 27, 2021

I typically fly Delta. The staff are curious and the flights usually proceed on time. The aircraft are clean and appear well maintained. The snack choices aren't great, bring your own food. But they do provide great coffee!

Original review: March 26, 2021

Very professional and safe during this time. Always has luggage delivered in a timely manner. First class is as advertised and the gate and counter folks are very good also. Website good and prices very good for premium travel.

Original review: March 26, 2021

To me, in my opinion is my favorite company, Customer service, also you don't see discrimination, You can see flight attendant from all ages. That say a lot about the company. Clean, Great service, what else I can say. Love it.

Original review: March 26, 2021

I was satisfied with the courtesy and friendliness. They were right on schedule with my wheelchair assistance. Picking me up at check in and guiding to my terminal for boarding flight. When arriving to destination. They offered same courtesy. They took me to baggage claim and escorted me outside by curb for my daughter to pick me up. The flight was also comfortable. Staff handled things well. Flight was on time. They made my travels easy and comfortable for a handicapped individual.

Original review: March 25, 2021

Always a pleasure! If something ever goes a bit wrong, always steps up with protocol to make it better. I try to only fly Delta wherever and whenever. Planes are clean, vacuumed, and dusted. Captain and flight group always smiling and ready to go!!

Original review: March 25, 2021

Used to do a lot of traveling overseas. The key to flying is customer service including the pilots, and of course safety. Delta is #1. In addition, service in terms of locations that Delta flies to domestically and internationally.

Original review: March 25, 2021

I always have a great flight experience on Delta flights. Everyone is always helpful, nice and professional. The flight is usually always on time or early. I will always fly Delta unless they are not available.

Original review: March 24, 2021

First, I don’t really like flying because there is not enough room for sitting next to someone and be able to move without hitting the other passenger, I wind up with a headache and nausea. But, with Delta I had a bigger seat and was so comfortable I had no headache and no one kept hitting me in the ribs with their elbows. The seating was an upgrade but I’ll pay the difference any day. Was a great flight.

Original review: March 24, 2021

I would like to see seat spacing increased a little. I realize the more seats the more profit. Increase our space decreases your taxes. Spread the comfort. A good way to spread the wealth is not increase taxes (the government is not good with money anyway) but to spread the comforts of the wealthy by reduced prices.

Original review: March 24, 2021

Delta has always had terrific flights from our nearby airport to Europe. The flight attendants were very welcoming and very helpful. When needed, there is always assistance with smiles! Delta is my preferred airline and has been for probably 20+ years. I’d fly delta any day!

Delta Air Lines Company Information