2. Travel
  3. Airlines

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.89/5
Based on 1,769 ratings submitted in the last year

Delta Air Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Air Lines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Air Lines?

Original review: March 30, 2021

Simply put, I absolutely love Delta Airlines. Why? Because they make my safety and health their number one priority. In fact, I’ve only flown Delta since the pandemic began due to the fact that they’ve implemented their Delta Care Standard, which includes using refreshed fresh, outside air and air via high-grade HEPA filters inside the plane. I’ve tried to explain this process to both friends and family members, in addition to sharing their video, but they’re still under the impression that planes are using recycled air, and as such, they are afraid to travel via airplane. Thank you for all that you do to keep your passengers safe and healthy. Subsequently, it really meant a lot to me when I wrote Delta previously and received a response on behalf of Ed Bastian, Delta Air Lines CEO. Once again, I am your number one customer and I promise to encourage others to fly Delta as well.

Original review: March 23, 2021

Overall, I love Delta for the culture of Safety and Service. The company is also focused on Quality with most of their fleet being newer or updated equipment. Most of the staff is friendly and go above and beyond to help with guests ... My biggest issue is dealing with other customers, although most are kind and willing to be flexible. When these issues arise, the Delta staff seems to be able to handle very pro-actively and effectively. Coming from a culture and values professional, I believe Delta most closely aligns with their values, mission and purpose. Thank you!

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

I had a great experience with delta on Friday the 19th. My 18 year old son was flying to Italy alone. When he left the Salt Lake City airport he was negative for Covid. For some reason when he got to Atlanta, he tested positive. That meant he couldn't go forward and couldn't come home. It was his first time away from home and he had a complete meltdown. My son comes from a town with 600 people in Idaho and knows nothing. He called home crying so hard he could hardly speak. Long story short.... Mia ** one of your agents at the Atlanta airport got on the phone with me and took care of my son! She made sure he had another covid test, a hotel, an uber AND put him on another flight. She was so kind to me and kept me informed of everything. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

Delta airlines exceeded any expectation, they helped me Transport my disabled mother from Medford Oregon to Casper Wyoming, in the course of one day, I flew from Casper at 615am with 1 layover in Utah, and made it to Medford in under 4 hours, one way, not knowing if my mother would be able to travel back that day? Well, she was ready, and I was so happy to see her, it had been, 27 years since I saw her, her health had declined so that she was unable to live alone, and a nursing home was out of the question, she had raised me with love and affection, now it was my turn to do the same!

Back to our same day flight, delta was able to get us on a plane at 1.15PM, they made sure we had seats together at the front of the plane and always boarded us first, even with a low price economy ticket, transporting my mother from her wheelchair to a smaller, more narrow chair and it took two employees to make the swap each time, they are very professional and took the best care of us, always wearing masks, ppe, keeping us safe, I can't say enough, I know they are taking huge pay cuts as a company, but they treated us first class like we were the only passengers. And one last thing, their appreciation of our military was honorable, always boarding them first! Delta airlines is the best! Much love and respect to you all!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

In February 2020, I flew Delta knowing I had a medical bag I had to bring with me while I couldn't check my other regular bag. I was flying with a big group of people, and checking bags wasn't an option. So, I called the customer service line to ensure that my medical bag wouldn't count as my checked bag. When I boarded the plane, the lady scanning tickets was extremely rude about my extra bag and made me feel guilty for having an extra bag for medical equipment. I cannot travel without this extra bag, so it's impossible to negotiate. I informed her that I called customer service and they said my medical bag doesn't count as my carry on. She was very rude and seemed extremely annoyed about it. I was very frustrated with the situation and disappointed in Delta.

Now, here I am again in October 2020 facing a similar issue. I decided to call customer service again to ensure medical bag policies haven't changed due to COVID. The gentleman that I spoke with was beyond helpful. He went ahead and made a note in my account that I have to bring this extra medical bag, so I wouldn't face any troubles at the gate. Furthermore, because of my medical condition, he went ahead and reserved me a safer seat on the airplane for my travels. He was extremely kind and understanding. He gained my trust and respect back for Delta. I wish I would've gotten his name so he could be recognized. I really appreciated his generosity and willingness to make me comfortable, safe, and happy. I'm a satisfied Delta customer once again.

Original review: May 5, 2021

I booked a flight to go from RDU to BCN. Specifically booked with Delta to have just 1 stop. Due to rescheduling delta changed my flights and now I have 2 stops. I call and I have been waiting on hold for 4 hours. No answer…. I bought a 1 stop ticket. So I want a 1 stop ticket.

Original review: May 5, 2021

I’m trying to change my ticket with Delta Air Lines for he past 2 days. The first day after holding for 3 hours, I had to hang up. The next day after 3 hours holding the agent hung up on me. The second time after holding for 2 hours the agent hung up even without saying hello. The third time over 3 hours hold and no hope someone will really answer. On their recording it mentions that you can change reservation online, but you can’t. I will never ever ever use Delta airline in the future. No supervision or monitoring of their customer service. Horrible airline. Please don’t use it even if it is the cheapest.

Original review: May 3, 2021

I am a Diamond Medallion for many years now and I have to say that in the last year customer service even at my level has become very poor. It is to the point I am very close to switching to United and trying them out. Wait times are usually a minimum 30 minutes (even on the Diamond line) no matter what time of day you call. Further the call me back feature I have requested approximately 5 times in the last year and it has never worked once.

Though the long imposed wait was painful it was at least possible to speak with someone helpful, but now on my last two calls I have been speaking with the Singapore call center who is difficult to understand at best and only recently booked me a flight that when I checked on it after the call found to be wrong. Now I am on hold again with them and again Singapore with a worse representative than the last time. I have had enough as an elite member and I can only guess at the pain non-elites go through. This airline has gone down the tubes. MW

Original review: May 3, 2021

I have used Delta in the past and they had good customer service, plane ride smooth and clean but this time they have changed my flight now 3 times and they left it up to us to find a new one. We had everything ready to go: flight, hotel, and everything else for our trip. Then we get not one but two emails with them changing our flights time and layover airport/city. Then when I got the next email they said if I didn't like the times I was to call or get ecredit! Really? Well I tried calling and was on hold for 3 hours in between 2 different phone calls...Tried their chat but again I was on hold for a very long time and when I asked for someone to call me back...nothing.

My husband ended up going late in the evening to the airport and talking to one of the airport agents who thankfully turned around and called someone to change our flights to a different time. No ecredit for our time and frustration over just trying to get someone to assist us. With all that being said I opened my email this morning and wouldn't you know it...they changed our times again! I am not happy with the way they are treating us. If I didn't already have flights bought and paid for through them I wouldn't use them again. Very disappointed for sure.

Original review: May 2, 2021

A reservation was made in March to fly in June. I received notification that my reservation had changed and my seats were deleted. I went through the process to get new seats and was set, until they changed my itinerary again. I waited to change seats and glad I did as they changed it again. I called and spent 2 hours rearranging my flights for 4 family members and thought that would solve the issue as I changed the route. For the fourth time they changed it again and added an additional layover. I understand we are in Covid days but how do you stay in business offering such HORRIBLE service?!!!

Delta Air Lines author review by Erika Armstrong

Originally founded as a crop-dusting company in 1924, Delta is now one of the largest airlines in the world. Each year, more than 160 million travelers fly Delta.

• Business service: In addition to offering business-class seating, Delta also has a Corporate Travel Management division designed for the business customer.

• Chef-curated menus: For a small additional fee, Delta passengers can enjoy a full meal.

• Worldwide destinations: Delta offers flights to more than 325 destinations in 60 countries across six continents.

• Trip protection: Add trip protection to your flight so that any cancellations or problems allow you to get reimbursed for the cost of the trip.

• Vacation price pledge: Participating travelers can get a refund for the price difference if the same vacation package is available for less, plus additional credit toward future Delta vacations.

by Erika Armstrong Airlines Contributing Editor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.

Delta Air Lines Company Information