Delta Air Lines

Compare Airlines

Research top Airlines recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

DL1738 - SEA to JFK - Horrible flight: Middle seat after flying hundreds of thousands of miles with this airline. Spoke up regarding passenger who was not turning cell phone to airplane mode. Hostile flight attendants defended other passenger. No regard to safety. NEVER flying them again!!!

I booked a vacation with Delta Vacations for $1300.00 per person. On my way to JFK, the car broke down. I called delta an hour prior notifying them of the situation and begged for another flight out of any nearby airport and told them I would provide documentation proving my car had to be towed from I95. They told me I could either pay the $1500.00 per person for a change of flight or I would be screwed out of the $1300.00 I already paid. On top of that Angie and Eric from the destination help center were extremely rude.

On March 5th I was flying Delta from Orlando to Minneapolis on the 6:30 PM flight. About 1/2 way through the flight I encountered severe Grand mal seizures. After the 2nd seizure the captain of the flight made the decision to divert the plane to the Des Moines airport. I just wanted to let someone know that the flight attendants and pilots made my wife feel very comforted during this medical emergency. I feel very fortunate that I had professionals taking my medical condition seriously. We did not get their names but I just wanted to tell you how grateful I'm that my wife was handled with respect. I feel much better. I also was fortunate to have 5 medical personnel on board from John Hopkins Hospital in Minneapolis. Thank You again and I will continue to fly delta airlines.

My daughter was flying to London for a school trip. We booked her flight 2 months in advance using a respectable site, not one of those fly by nights. She was involuntarily bumped off the domestic portion, apparently because they expect you to pay that extra $20-30 to book an actual seat... or face the wrath of overbooking. So, they provided a voucher... fabulous. She lost the money she paid for her pre-paid tour the first day and has to report late to her first day of symposium at University of West London. Additionally, until I [momma bear] called the gate representative, they treated her abhorrently! The tone changed when I called them out but what a shame it took rudeness to stop the rudeness. NINE folks were bumped from the flight, FOUR of them involuntarily. Do yourself a favor and avoid this airline!!

Booking all of my flights for years through Delta. Offers come often and come more. Every now and then one comes at the right time and I accept. And sadly I have had difficulties before in their following through on the promise as advertised and now I'm just plain old tired of the runaround. I was told by their "Partner" at the point of rental how the Delta process goes. I finished my trip, waited a week, checked. No points given. I contacted Delta, gave all the information only to get a response this morning telling me to contact their "Partners".

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Air Lines?

Miss a flight, they point you to a red phone in the corner to speak to someone with a thick accent to tell you it will cost hundreds, sometimes thousands of dollars to switch a flight. Customer service calls have extremely long wait times and then transfer me too often. When I'm transferred, 2/3 times while on hold I get disconnected. Expect so much more from this company.

I checked in online on 13th December. I provided the passport details, the address I was staying at etc. The site recommended I arrive at the airport 75 minutes before my flight. I arrived at the airport at 7:53 am. I went to have my passport checked. Your staff member asked the reason for my visit. I told her my parents live in Orlando. She was annoyed and asked again the reason for my visit. I said my parents live there and I am spending Christmas with them. I searched my handbag for a business card and she told me to pay attention to her. She put two blue stickers on my passport. Then I went to security. I had forgotten a bottle of Chanel No 5 and some eye drops in my handbag. This caused them to check my handbag as they saw liquids. Neither was more than 100 mls. I apologized.

I then went straight to the gate. When I arrived they asked me I was "foreign name". I said no. Then someone asked them to check my name which I said was **. I was told to go to one side and then subjected to a further search. My hand carry was not examined. I had a carrier bag with some Christmas biscuits in a large tin. This was not examined either. I had two iPads, they wiped the first and missed the second and two iPhones neither if which were examined in detail. My handbag on the other hand was tested positive for trace of explosive material! I said it was not possible. They said sometimes hand cream can give that result and the contents of my handbag were clean but they gave me a pat down and did the test again. Then they told me they had pulled me from the flight and called the police and a sniffer dog.

I was hysterical, my parents who are in their eighties were waiting for me to arrive at 6:30 pm and would have difficulty getting to the airport later. The police came and could not have been nicer which is more than I can say for your staff. There was no problem with the bag and the police said I could get on the next flight four hours later! I am not stupid, they knew there was no explosives in my bag or they would not have let me Skype my mother who was luckily waiting for my confirmation I had boarded the flight. I made another phone call and also sent a text message. If I was a terrorist then why on earth would they let me alert someone?

They wanted my seat and that blue sticker had something to do with it. I know this as I know my own name. What profile do I fit? I was wearing a £3,000 Herve Leger dress and carrying a £300 Michael Kors handbag! I had prechecked myself in! Why was I targeted? Not because I was travelling alone by any chance and you wanted my seat? Funny how my bags were taken off the flight less than half an hour before take-off. Or maybe they never got on the flight.

I had to get a taxi from the airport instead of being picked up by my parents at a cost of $69.80. My father who suffers with high blood pressure had to be taken to the hospital the next day due to the stress of worrying about me being arrested. Obviously this was not enough as on my return from Orlando I again checked in online and paid for my additional bag. I got to the airport to be told one bag was 7 lbs over the other 10 lbs underweight. I removed some things from the larger bag but could not get much more into the smaller bag. I was told it would cost me $100 dollars for the additional 3 lbs I was still over! I managed to take out some more adding to my distress at leaving my parents.

I went into the airport by this time around 2:15. I went through security and again was patted down. This time a tube of hand cream I had taken out of my suitcase was in a carrier bag and this was confiscated. I went straight to the gate, it was about 3:00 pm. There were a lot of people at the gate so I waited. They were trying to get standby seats. When I finally got some attention the woman asked if I just got there! I said no I have been here for the past fifteen-twenty minutes. She said "Your flight has gone!" I almost fainted. I could not believe you had done it to me again. I was put on the 6:30 pm flight, I should have been on the 3:23 pm flight. Another three hours later! Complained online 31st December 2016. Still waiting for them to respond other than confirming my flight delay due to a security irregularity!

I called Delta Airlines to ask for change my flight date and to the continuous follow up from the lady on the phone me she get my change with no additional fees. Besides her lovely voice she gave me wonderful image of Delta where I'm going to recommend it to all my friends. Thank you Diane from Tampa Florida.

I always use airline app and automatic ticket and I had a flight from LAX to Seattle last week and they changed the gate number and did not informed passengers and we missed that flight, when we ask them why it's happening they just said (in unfriendly way) "It happens all the time and you should receive text or mail from Delta," but we did not receive anything and I showed my email and phone to the supervisor, she was so rude and made us so disappointed! So they just re-booking us for the next day and asked us to leave the airport!!!

We (me and my husband) missed the next morning shifts at work and so much trouble just because their fault. Also they did not called our name before closing the door after boarding!!! The same thing happened for a friend of mine 2 years ago with Alaska and they treated them so professionally and friendly, gave them free shuttle and hotel to stay! So I called and emailed them but did not get any reply from them no surprised!!! So unhappy with Delta. Never come back again and never suggest them to my friend and family!

I recently had a negative experience while flying Delta involving water dripping on me from above. While it didn't upset me, I knew most would not be happy. I went to Twitter while waiting for my next flight and let them know the flight number and the problem, and they answered me nearly right away. Days later, they sent me the standard survey where I again mentioned the problem, along with the fact that my suitcase had gotten wet and the clothes inside had been wet (from rain, I assume).

It did take a while, I guess because it was a survey, but I was contacted by Customer Service where they apologized several times and added miles to my account. They also provided a link to claim any damage to my suitcase and contents. This was after I'd made it clear in the survey that it wasn't a big deal for me, just that it might be for the next passenger. Given all that, I felt that their Customer Service Department had definitely exceeded expectations. Now, if they could just do something about the rock-like seats and the fact the rows are about six inches apart from each other...

I checked in and went to the gate then I was informed that my flight was not there. I was to do a business speech in Dallas by 12pm. I offered to drive 1.5 hours away to another airport, but all options I was given placed me in Dallas after 6pm. I called corporate to first seek an upgrade to first class on an upcoming trip I have with Delta in May, then the male representative that goes by the name of "Ben" raised his voice and said "I don't know where you getting your information from, but we don't do that"! A long story short, after his aggressive talk I asked to speak to a supervisor and he yelled back "I am the supervisor"! I then asked to speak to someone else because I did not appreciate the way he was talking to me and he transferred me to the prompt system of reservation. Unfortunately, this is not the first time I encounter poor customer service from Delta. Spirit has given me better service! What does that say about Delta.

What has happened to Delta airlines? Last week the day of my father's funeral they lied to us multiple times causing me to go to the airport and wait for a flight for Hannah that was delayed several times until the crew timed out. Delta should have known this a few hours before they canceled the 6:30 flight at about midnight. Then they promised a flight an hour away would be take off before 6 am, causing me and my sick daughter to get up after less than 3 hrs sleep (my daughter got less), get there, to have the SAME experience! She had to go 2 hrs away to catch a flight by cab, since she knew that I was too exhausted to take her.

Tonight they are lying once again to my husband about tomorrow's flights, which I know will NOT be on time due to their system going down once again, so crews and planes are not where they need to be. The agents at the Platinum desk are once again refusing to rebook him on another airline, because they can't because the flight is not showing as a delay or cancellation. BTW I was flying Delta last August when their system crashed that time. It's past time we tried other airlines when this one has no ethical or moral compass.

Last August, my family was seriously inconvenienced (trapped in ATL for several hours) due to computer problems. Tonight, all Delta's US flights were grounded due to unspecified computer problems. We have been sitting in a line of 60 grounded planes on the runway at ATL for nearly 2 hours (so far) and in addition to receiving no information, the flight attendants are RESTING. The other First Class passengers are a bit confused by this NON-CUSTOMER SERVICE ORIENTED BEHAVIOR of the flight attendant staff.

It is bad enough that Delta have an obviously unstable and/insecure computer system but, the service is becoming terrible. The changes that have been made in the past year following the departure of the well-liked prior CEO are terrible. Leaving aside the fact that we are all stuck on a runway due to operational negligence, does no one in this airline feel any sense of responsibility to exhibit some modest customer service? I'm a DIAMOND with this airline (a frequent traveler) and have been one for several years. I buy First Class tickets (I'm not sitting in first class due to an upgrade). And even in the midst of a remarkable service lapse, I'm seeing no service whatsoever. This company, which used to be highly regarded, is horrible. I am on flight # 2396 from RSW to ATL. We touched down at ATL at 8 PM EST on 1/29/17. It is now 9:45 PM. I'm in seat 4C. We have no information whatsoever as to when the plane might move.

I received word that my Mom, who was in California, was in the hospital, and would probably not make it another 24 hours. I used Delta to get there, only was needlessly delayed by rude attendants. With a little help, I should have been able to make an earlier connecting flight that would have placed me at my mother's side about an hour before she passed away. No help, no kindness in this regards, and I missed seeing her.

I am a diamond medallion and booked a international flight from Delta.com which had one leg from Mumbai to Amsterdam and a delta flight number DL7533. When I reached the Mumbai airport to the Delta counter to take the flight they told me I need to go to the Jet Airways counter and they would not honor delta baggage allowance so I had to pay extra for baggage, honor medallion status so no priority boarding. When I called Delta and told them about it, they said, when I booked my ticket it was clear it fine print that this would happen and I should have been more aware of it and will not pay back for luggage. PLEASE BE VERY CAREFUL IF YOU ARE TRAVELING INTERNATIONALLY WITH DELTA. They don't honor their own rules even when the flight has a Delta flight number.

First off; I'm a 20 something experienced flyer, with plans to fly many more times in the future, however, after this experience I will go out of my way to NEVER fly Delta again. My boyfriend and I had a flight from Rochester to Atlanta with a connecting flight to St. Lucia on 1/8/17. Due to the weather in Atlanta (snow) our flight was delayed 5.5 hours. When we found this out at 4 in the morning we tried the call time to speak to a representative and the wait was over 2 hours. So, we left for the airport early to try to get everything situated in person.

Right off the bat, we were off to a bad start. The lady "helping" us was obviously having a bad morning and let us know with her rudeness. After a rather unfriendly wait, she was able to get us a flight to St Lucia the following day. This meant we had to spend the night in Atlanta. When we asked about a hotel, she assured me that there would be plenty of workers in red coats at the gate in Atlanta to help to get our hotel covered. So, we checked our luggage and were on our way. So we thought.

When we arrived at our gate, I looked at the receipt for the checked luggage only to see that they put the wrong one on my luggage. They switched the stickers with the couple standing next to me at the check in counter. My luggage was heading to CANCUN!! Luckily, the couple they had switched the stickers with was on the same flight to Atlanta, so I was able to fill them in.

Our flight continued to get delayed, and it was clear from the 6 Delta employees huddled around the gate that they had no Idea what was going on. Once we finally got on the plane, my boyfriend and I sat and watched THREE people walk up to seat 17 C saying it was their seat, they booked the same seat 3 different times?! Eventually the Gate Agent came on the plane admitting they had no idea who was actually on board, resulting in basically doing a roll call to find out and confirm who was on board. I have never felt so unsafe on a flight in my life, how are we expected to trust people to get us from point A to point B in one piece when no one seems to have any idea what is going on?

When we got off the plane in Atlanta there wasn't a single worker around to help, as promised. Finally, I found someone; who was talking on his cell phone while I stood and waited for him to finish for 10 minutes (I checked my clock). The first thing I wanted to take care of was my luggage switch, I explained the situation and I was utterly shocked to hear his response,"that sounds like a difficult problem, I don't have time for that." and walked away. SERIOUSLY??! I understand that it had been a long day for everyone, but your job is to help your customers, and you have the nerve to say that to one of them? Eventually, I found someone else. Explained the situation, he agreed that it was a difficult problem and told me I'd have to go to customer service. He also told me that he couldn't do anything about covering a hotel (not true, as I talked to several people who had their hotels covered for them).

Long story short, I was sent to 2 or 3 other places across Atlanta airport before I finally found someone who could work out the luggage switch (this turned out to not be someone who worked for Delta). When we got to St. Lucia the following day, we got our luggage from baggage claim, only to notice that the pull up handle is cracked, broken, and unusable. Back we go to stand in line where we were told that "Delta doesn't cover broken handles" of course they don't, does Delta do anything useful?! I understand when the weather is bad, flights get delayed, however, that was not the problem. The problem was that a situation so common, completely flipped this company upside down, and made them so incompetent that they could barely function. On top of all of this, the workers were rude and bitter, and we were NEVER apologized to and never offered anything in return for our difficulties.

The only reason I chose to make a public review was because after being emailed a survey to fill out about my experience, I was going to give them a chance to at least attempt to make up for it. But nope, they never replied to me. I can't stress enough how awful this experience was, I'm disgusted with the way this business operates.

I paid full price for a ticket from Steamboat Springs to Washington, DC, and was held back until only one seat on the plane was left. Passengers paying with points and even stand-by passengers were allowed to board before me. When I asked why I was being singled out, the gate keeper mumbled something about not understanding the "algorithms" the airline uses and walked back to her post.

Once I was given a boarding pass, I asked the ground crew if it was still OK to bring my carry-on with me, and they said "yes." When I finally boarded, however, the attendant said there was no overhead room left for my carry-on and that I needed to go back to the gate and check it. I've never been treated so badly by an airline, for no apparent reason. Their policy seems to be to overbook and let the passengers and gate-keepers sort it out. They want to guarantee a full plane at a few passengers' expense. The passenger doesn't come first for this airline, only their profits. I will never fly this airline again.

The staff was hideously rude and nasty to me. I waited 2 hours to check in in Cancun when all other airlines in the terminals had little to no line. This was the most horrific flying experience I have had. I don't care if they have good deals. I would pay $10,000 never to fly with them again.

Don't fly Delta not safe. At check-in our assign seats were 2 non-reclinable seats (& for a 10hr flight we decided to upgrade not knowing this was only for a 2hr flight). At the airport we were informed the flight had an extra stop in Utah to change planes but our connection flight would not be affected in Paris. Flight San Diego/Malaga Spain had 1 France stop only. Arrived Utah @ 12:25 pm & our flight to Paris schedule @ 4:55 pm. After 3 delay notifications our flight was cancelled at 8 pm due to plane malfunction. We got cheap hotel voucher w/ breakfast & new plane ticket for 12/21/16 at 1:30 pm & again 2+ delays due to the new plane malfunction! So we arrived to Malaga until 12/22/16.

WE LOST OUR SON'S CULINARY SCHOOL GRADUATION; LIMO/TRANSPORTATION; 2 HOTEL NIGHTS & 2-DAY CAR RENTAL. Giving candy & coffee mugs to calm people down for your lack of maintenance? Return flight Malaga/Paris 2hr delay & flight NY/San Diego oversold offering $1K +hotel, really? What about my lost expenses?

I'm not a very good flyer, so I really appreciate how kind and accommodating the flight attendants are. Every time I'm on a Delta flight, they always make sure I'm comfortable. They have great leg room compared to other flights, so you have a decent seat no matter where you sit on the plane.

#DONOTTRAVEL with #DELTA. This is the worst airlines you would want to travel with. Yes, it provides your cheap tickets but you are wasting your whole or rather I would say more than 1 day. I have traveled 3 times in my life with them and I always end up spending more than what I purchased my ticket for due to their negligence. Example- I had an emergency to travel back home but they had some technical issue with my first flight which got delayed and I missed my connecting flight. They didn't even bother to provide any alternate way. I looked up online on my phone and booked the next flight from Minnesota. The host on delta desk were not even helping when I told them 3 times I have a family emergency and need to get back home asap. I had to call up my friend and ask him to drive 3 hours to get me. That was one of my worst experience with Delta. Now I travel all other airlines except #DELTA.

There is a employee by the name of Anquanette ** who I've seen on multiple occasions on the international side of the airport. Who always smell like marijuana. Today I witness this same young lady run into a customer and her 4 year old daughter pushing the little girl to the floor and she did not even look back or try to apologize. And again she was high. As I'm sitting waiting to board my flight I look out the window and see this same Delta employee throwing peoples luggage. Luckily I was able to get a employee number along with her full name Anquanette ** #**. I hope Delta sees this and rid of people like that. They are making Delta look very bad.

To start with I would give the overall rating between a 4 and 5. The customer service on the ground has always been rated by me as being very high. From reservations to getting help with baggage tags at the kiosk there has always been excellent customer service. During the boarding to getting seated the flight crew has been very helpful. My baggage does get lost once in a great while, but the airline was always very quick to find it, and get it to my hotel or to the house. I would recommend flying Delta whenever I can.

I never recommend someone to take Delta for traveling. That was awful! I was traveling from Raleigh NC to Akron Ohio and in Atlanta they have lost my baggage and no one is taking care of that. I don't know where to go anymore??? Their customer service is doing almost nothing!!! They don't answer my phone calls. I wish I never choose this airline to fly!!! I had very precious items in my bag.

DATE OF TRAVEL 12/02/2016, FLIGHT NUMBER DL0857, ORIGIN LAS, DESTINATION LAX, CLASS OF TRAVEL delta_comfort, TICKET/DOCUMENT NUMBER **. I cannot begin to describe the delays and disappointment in your entire service from start to finish. Your flight was delayed by 4 hours and because of that we missed our international flight. Your staff on the flight assured us that ANA was notified by the delay to comfort us on the flight and let us assume that everything was ok. Once we arrived to our terminal we were notified that Delta had not communicated with ANA and we're now deemed as a no-show.

I'm requesting a refund for my flight with Delta immediately. To top it off, Christine at your (Sky counter) desk was extremely rude and hostile. Even when the manager was requested she did not want to call him. This lady should not be dealing with any customers as her attitude is disgusting and work ethics are below standard. I guess it just goes to show how your customers are treated and to think she is serving first class customers... that is really disappointing. Your overall service was very poor and the fact that your staff member Christine is very rude really demonstrates your inability to manage an airline and having good quality service. Very disappointed and we are waiting for a refund.

I was headed from Chicago to Seattle coming back from seeing family and we thought about leaving one day early because my dad threw his back out. They told us it was going to be an extra 400 dollars so we respectfully declined and told the lady on the phone that we will leave as scheduled. We told her NOT to change anything. She said okay and we hung up. We get to the airport the next day and they tell me that my dad and I missed our flight but my mom and sister were good to go. Apparently the lady on the phone booked two of us to fly the day before (I have no clue why??). We spend half an hour at the help desk and the lady finally prints my dad and I two tickets for that day. Except they were to Minneapolis and my mother and sisters was to Utah. We had two different layovers in two separate parts of the country. They tell us there is nothing they can do.

We demand to speak to the manager. Turns out there is something you can do because after another twenty minutes of telling the same story we get the problem fixed and got on the same flight or so we think. We barely make the flight to Minneapolis and when we do get there the boarding people tell us my dad and I have no tickets to Seattle. I go with my mom to the help desk and there is this older gentleman from Serbia who speak VERY poor English. The lady at the desk told him he missed his flight and gave him a coupon for half off a hotel room. He asks for help and the lady treated him as if he was retarded. She was very condescending and rude to him. She said "It's not my problem. You understand?" She said this very slowly and in a condescending way.

I ended up not only booking his hotel room for him, but I also booked him a shuttle and demanded that Delta Airlines provide an employee to escort him to the shuttle. I got them off their fat lazy asses and made them work for a change. How can you be so complacent and treat people like that. I will go out of my way and pay more money not to fly Delta.

I was recently on Delta flight 1793 McDonnell Douglas MD-90 (M90) flying from Minneapolis to San Diego. The flight attendant asked me to switch seats so two young boys could sit together which I agreed to do thinking I was doing a good deed. What she failed to tell me is that she was knowingly putting me in a seat for 4 plus hours that is absolutely frigid. I was wearing winter boots, had a blanket and my winter coat over my feet and they were still numb from the cold. I talked to the same flight attendant about the problem and her response was, "yeah sorry, we know that seat is very cold. Can I get you another blanket?" Why are they allowed to sell a seat to a customer they know is this cold? I wish there were some outside organization to complain to that would actually make them do what's right and either fix the situation or just not sell this seat anymore. There is literally no consumer protection whatsoever.

The worst ever across the board! The first agent held up our check-in, & yes we were running late. However, my niece & nephew were flying back to NC. Needless to say, they missed their flight, because we didn't have our unaccompanied minor info done, which takes about 10 mins. They were scheduled for the next flight out, which was today. After expressing my utter dissatisfaction with her, she offered to waive a ridiculous 150.00 fee for the paperwork. So today we show 2 hours early, new agent with a terrible attitude tries to tell me that I'm being charged 150.00 for the unaccompanied minor paperwork. I was able to convince her otherwise.

Kids were brought to TSA check-in, where I was reassured that they were good to go. They've flown several times, domestic & international, so at this point they were ready to be left at their gate to wait for boarding. I left & went to work, ONLY to receive a phone call from my niece 1 1/2 hrs later, telling me that they are not being permitted on board. None of agents (there were 3) would talk to me on the phone. My niece had all of the necessary documents for boarding as an unaccompanied minor, however one of the agents told her that his decision to not let her board was not about policy. What the hell does that mean??? So after almost losing it again & trying to leave work to go back to the airport to help the kids, my niece sends me a text saying that she was able to convince these 3 idiots to let them board, which as far as I'm concerned, makes these people look even worse!!! Delta NEVER!

Booked flight from RDU-DEL with a connection in Paris. Upon boarding the flight, I had to check in my baggage because the air hostess claimed there was no more room. However, my husband who had already boarded the flight informed the attendant that there were 2 empty bins near his seat. With an extremely rude tone, the air hostess told me that she is in charge of the flight. I told her to let go of the attitude and began taking out my medications since I had to check in my bag. The air hostess called the lady at the front desk and started saying that I was deliberately arguing with her. Like COME ON, no one wants to argue in the first place. This employee told me that if I try to argue then the police would be called on me. I tried to calmly tell her that I was not arguing and she cut me off by saying "I don't want to argue." This employee's name was Daisy ** at RDU.

Then, others behind me started telling the employee how the air hostess was very rude, but she threatened to call the police on them too. Basically, their policy is that "If you try to do something other than what we say, we will kick you off the flight." I hope Delta goes down. Will definitely lose my business and I will definitely be canceling my Delta card. Also, I will be complaining to corporate, even though they might have the same bad customer service.

I've traveled with Delta for a number of years as I spend a lot of time in and out of Atlanta for family and they are the most convenient. Recently my family and I flew to Los Angeles with a 2 year old and they were so very accommodating to our needs traveling with two kids and a mother-in-law in tow. Their flight attendants were regularly engaging with our kids and did everything they could to occupy their time while on the flight. It was not expected. I was so satisfied that I went out and grabbed one of their rewards credit cards and I now price Delta for every flight I make.

Expert Review

Erika ArmstrongAirlines Contributing Editor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.    More about Erika→

Originally founded as a crop-dusting company in 1924, Delta is now one of the largest airlines in the world. Each year, more than 160 million travelers fly Delta.

• Business service: In addition to offering business-class seating, Delta also has a Corporate Travel Management division designed for the business customer.
  • Chef-curated menus: For a small additional fee, Delta passengers can enjoy a full meal.
  • Worldwide destinations: Delta offers flights to more than 325 destinations in 60 countries across six continents.
  • Trip protection: Add trip protection to your flight so that any cancellations or problems allow you to get reimbursed for the cost of the trip.
  • Vacation price pledge: Participating travelers can get a refund for the price difference if the same vacation package is available for less, plus additional credit toward future Delta vacations.
  • Best for Vacationers, business travelers and holiday travelers who enjoy top quality service.

Compare Airlines