3.6/5 (654 ratings)

About Delta Air Lines

Delta Air Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Air Lines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Air Lines?

Original review: Nov. 28, 2022

What a joke. So my fiance and I booked the flight 6 months in advance because it is extremely difficult for us both to take off work. She is a banker, and I work in EMS. We both got approved for 2 weeks in December for our anniversary trip and not to mention, she is from there and hasn't been back since she moved to the USA 13 + years ago. Delta decided that for *their* convenience, they would take the liberty of adjusting our flight to have a 5 hour layover in new york. I specifically set up the flight so that it would be direct, not a 10 - 12 hour experience. Her family is supposed to meet us at the airport, and rolling in at midnight on 12/1 is not going to work for them. We also booked a rental to be picked up on 12/1 and this causes obvious problems with that too.

I called, the first representative was very bland and not empathetic to the situation at all, so I asked to be transferred to a manager. The manager, Mark, was also extraordinarily bland and refused to do anything about it. He said the only thing he was willing to do would be to either schedule us on a flight later in the day for less layover time (but still landing at midnight) or push our trip back a whole day to the following day. Major inconvenience considering the car situation, it's our anniversary, and the fact that when I book a flight - it is booked for what works with our schedule. I don't book it to be chopped and screwed around for the airlines convenience.

When I asked mr. Mark for a partial refund or a voucher/upgrade, he would not do it and again was very bland. To put it bluntly, I'll not be flying Delta in the future and I'll be sure to share my experience everywhere I am able to review this airline/anytime anyone in my life brings up wanting to take a trip anywhere. GREAT job delta, you have some amazing ways of screwing people around. I hope you go bankrupt again.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

Our Delta Flight 707 From Phoenix to JFK a few weeks ago was very nice. Flight Leader Shirley, FA's Daniel, Jill Katie, Jimberlle, Mary Anne and Carley took good care of everyone. Pilots Peter (Ca) and FO Lukah (NYC) were exceptional. Clean, comfortable and felt very safe.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

I flew out of Syracuse this afternoon on Delta. Checked through my final destination, Spokane, Wa. The Syracuse flight was delayed by 10 min for boarding and sat on the tarmac for another 15-20 minutes. When we landed at LaGuardia and sat on the tarmac again waiting for a plane to move. I got off the plane and and headed to the gate. According to the signs I had a 15-20 walk to Gate 81.

I get to the gate and the plane was still there connected to the gate. I was informed that the flight was closed. I was re booked on the next flight to Minneapolis/St Paul for 7:00am tomorrow morning. The individual that assisted me at the gate did their best to find me a flight to get me out tonight to no avail. After they spent about 5 minutes assisting me they handed me my tickets and apologized. The plane is still at the gate at when they finished assisting me. You would think they knew I was on the Syracuse flight and knew I had a 30 minute delay and a 15-20 minute walk from one gate to the other. I booked all the way through with Delta so I wouldn’t have these issues and originally had an hour to get from gate to gate.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2022

Delta will steal your luggage!! They will take a bag with 50lbs worth of clothes, purses, make up and souvenirs, and take months to even talk to you about it. 3 months later, they give you $900 and close the case. The luggage alone was worth hundreds!! They steal your property and treat you like garbage. NEVER FLY DELTA AIRLINES!!! Watch out for a case manager named Bernadette ** too. She is ruthless.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2022

I purchased a ticket for my wife from New York to Rome, Italy. I paid an additional amount of money to have the right to chose a seat. Then I am told on the website that the seat can only be assigned after the purchase. After I got the ticket purchased I went online and discovered the seats could not be selected. It turns out Delta was reselling a ticket on a ITA flight and that ITA was not honoring seat assignments from partner airlines. I tried to talk to agents who were useless, only apologized but never got a serious service representative to fix the problem or reimburse me for the extra ticket selection premium I paid. And any time I try to discuss this with a service representative, I get put on hours long waiting lists, while they respond in only a few minutes for any other inquiry. This is the closest it come to unethical and possibly deceptive and deliberately inefficient behavior.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

Delta changes flight time multiple hours, says if over 120 minutes flyer entitled to a full refund. 70 days later still waiting. Have invested over 4 hours on hold/speaking with customer no service. They acknowledge they owe me the $ 1600+. Still waiting on hold. DELTA SUCKS!!!!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2022

Hardly know where to start. Flight out of Atlanta to Rome turned around 2 hours in - de-icing trouble. Ok - safety first. However when the over 100 passengers disembarked in Atlanta around 1:30 in the morning there were only 2 gate agents to arrange hotels and alternative flights. We finally left the airport at 5:30 am to get a few hours sleep in a hotel. We made it to Rome the next day - for our connecting flight to Sicily. Our luggage however stayed in Rome for 4 days. Our AirTags showed it didn’t move. Delta was non responsive. We finally got our luggage over a week into our vacation.

Flight back - got up at 3 am for our flight from Sicily to arrive in Rome. The Delta flight from Rome is now delayed over 5 hours. We are scheduled to arrive in Atlanta at 11:10 pm. We will miss our connecting flight to IAD because there are no flights that late - and will spend yet another night in a hotel in Atlanta. We will NEVER fly Delta again. This trip included a birthday and an anniversary and Delta ruined both.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2022

Always paid the premium for the service. No service any longer. Platinum Members. All in our family. 10+ years of loyalty. Never came back from covid-poor standards. Off-shore/Philippine "inefficient, untrained, unprofessional" support. Only training is on apologizing, not solving issues. So sad. I was such a Delta supporter. They lost my business.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2022

I wish ZERO stars was an option. I've been dealing with Delta for over 10 years with my unaccompanied minor. We used to always have my Mom and I escort my daughter to her gate with no problem and now they only let one of us take her (when the day is already hard enough). Delta just loves making up their own rules, because we called them and the agent we spoke to said that that is NOT their policy and that YOU CAN have two people escort her. ESPECIALLY WHEN WE ARE JUST TRYING TO HELP GET HER THROUGH THE DAY.

Also, almost every time they give us a hard time about trying to pay the Unaccompanied Minor fee AGAIN...When it's already been paid. I shouldn't have to show you a receipt every time, you should be able to see it in your system when it's been paid well in advance. Horrible customer service every time and they are gonna continue to be rude, then people are gonna be rude back. We pay A LOT of money for travel, just to have to deal with rude people. Get it together DELTA AIRLINES!!! Just DO BETTER and BE KIND!!!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2022

Delta Airlines Turned My Trip with My 3 Kids into a Complete Nightmare. We were flying from Atlanta-GA to New York, then Tel Aviv - Israel. A trip that I had been doing for years with different Airlines. On December, 18th 2021, I got to the Airport 3 hours before the flight, as they requested, but the check-in line was moving extremely slowly. After about 1 hour and a half, I asked an employee to please help us make it in time for our flight. He assured me that we had enough time. Another half hour went by and I saw this person again. I went towards him and said I had one more hour to my flight with my kids and there were still a lot of people in front of me. Again, he was dismissive and said we would be able to make it on time. We finally made it to the check-in desk, got our boarding

passes to the NY flight and the connecting flight to Israel and ran to security.

I took it upon myself and apologized to all the people we were passing to get through security and get to our gate. Just as we got to the gate, the plane was already moving. We got there late. I was livid and I made it very clear that I was angry. The problem was that they knew we were on our way. We had already checked in, our names were on the list with assigned seats, and we had the boarding passes in our hands. I’m willing to bet that due to extremely bad management, they overbooked the plane; that is why they quickly closed the door and allowed the plane to take off. Eventually, a Delta Employee was able to put my kids and I on another flight to NY. Guess what happened again? When we got to the gate, they had just closed it and refused to reopen it.

I said to the employee “You knew we were on our way, our names were on the list. Why didn’t you wait for just 2 minutes?" She did not answer, but again it’s obvious that they overbooked the plane. By now, I was going to miss our flight to Israel as well. I don’t think there was anyone on that terminal that did not hear my voice when I was yelling and screaming off the top of my lungs that Delta and its management are nothing but screw-ups and they don't care about their clients. At this point someone came and told me she could help and would make sure that I would be on the next flight. However, we were going to miss the flight to Israel but there would be another flight in the evening that we would have to wait for (if I’m not mistaken about 6 hours). I did not care. I asked her to do whatever needed to be done.

She started transferring our boarding passes from the flights we lost to the new flight to NY and the flight to Israel that same evening. However, she was only able to issue my and two of my kids boarding passes, but was having a problem getting the boarding pass for my other son. Time was getting very close to the
    flight going to NY, so she asked me to leave and in NY they would get him the boarding pass. When we got to NY, the first thing I wanted to do was to get my son his boarding pass. I went immediately to the Delta desk; the person there was taking forever, then someone else came in and started asking my son

for his permit to travel and his Covid test. I told them that we had already been through this and he already had a boarding pass, but because of Delta’s poor management and flawed service, we lost 3 flights.

All they needed to do was transfer his boarding pass to the next flight. However, this process was also taking long. They kept on asking him unnecessary questions and he was only 15. Until I blew up and gave these idiots a piece of my mind; so they decided they were not going to help us at all. At this point,

it's obvious they had no idea of what they were doing. My son told me just put me on a plane back to Atlanta and we should continue to Israel. Of course, I did not agree with that.

We went to another Delta desk and I told my 21 year old daughter to stay in line and I would go and use one of the phones that connect directly to Delta. We worked on this Issue for 2 hours, which seemed as long as 2 days. Finally, we got his boarding pass. By the end of this horrible ordeal, we were so disappointed and so disgusted with Delta that we promised it would be our last trip with these ignorant, incompetent, and unprofessional people, and we would tell about our horrible experience anywhere we can.

Delta Air Lines author review by Erika Armstrong

Originally founded as a crop-dusting company in 1924, Delta is now one of the largest airlines in the world. Each year, more than 160 million travelers fly Delta.

• Business service: In addition to offering business-class seating, Delta also has a Corporate Travel Management division designed for the business customer.

• Chef-curated menus: For a small additional fee, Delta passengers can enjoy a full meal.

• Worldwide destinations: Delta offers flights to more than 325 destinations in 60 countries across six continents.

• Trip protection: Add trip protection to your flight so that any cancellations or problems allow you to get reimbursed for the cost of the trip.

• Vacation price pledge: Participating travelers can get a refund for the price difference if the same vacation package is available for less, plus additional credit toward future Delta vacations.

by Erika Armstrong Airlines Advisor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.

Delta Air Lines Company Information