2.25/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Delta Air Lines

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 12, 2017

1968 Delta Air Lines Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I Booked a flight through Expedia and they changed my flight info without telling me. I booked my flight from Lincoln Ne to Augusta GA and the itinerary said from Lincoln Ne to Atlanta Ga to Augusta GA leaving at 0630 from Lincoln. I never got a confirmation email and I had to call Expedia. First, they never had me scheduled on a flight and I had to tell them my bank took out $402.35. The rude woman, who was very rude and confrontational from the beginning of the phone call and she finally found the flight information and she told me it had been sent to an email I no longer have. When I completed the flight information online I included the correct email.

When I received the flight schedule email while I was on the phone with her I told her this was the wrong schedule. It had me going from Lincoln Ne to Minneapolis to Atlanta to Augusta GA. This all was going to take over 12 hours. I told the lady this was the wrong flight and she argued with me. I told her I would have never booked a flight with that many stops and certainly would not have booked one to Minneapolis. I told her the flight schedule I booked was supposed to leave Lincoln at 0630 AM not 1100 AM and arrive in Augusta GA at 1030 PM. She argued with me that there was nothing she could do. I told her I wanted to be booked on the flight I had arranged and her attitude was, TOO BAD TOO SAD SUCKER. I keep saying I'll never book another flight from Delta ever but I keep getting sucked into it by the flight companies. DO NOT FLY DELTA, THEY SUCK!!!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I was flying home from the east coast with a layover in ATL. From the getgo, the Delta staff was short and dismissive with me. My flight didn't board until the time it was originally supposed to take off. 40 mins late. While carrying my guitar on board the staff told me that I would have to check my guitar under the plane. I had to raise hell to get them to store it in the closet on the plane, even though I purchased comfort+ seats with "dedicated storage" that I have always been able to store my guitar in.

On the flight, the staff was very short with me, and other passengers. My girlfriend was very cold and asked for a blanket and it took about 40 minutes to get one, but not for the people in first class... While picking up my luggage after landing, a wheel had been broken off my suitcase, a brand new suitcase, and a quality one. I imagine it was dropped very hard to have done that. And Delta wonders why I put up such a fuss when they want me to check my guitar under the plane.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I recently traveled from Atlanta to Anchorage with my 14-year-old son. I purchased two 1st class seats (very expensive) but it’s a long flight. Flight attendants seemed irritated. None of the entertainments monitors worked. I asked if I could get a turkey sandwich for my son and they said they would get me one from the back but had to get my credit card out to purchase. Just seems petty after paying so much $11,000 for two seats. Basic common sense would be appreciated.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

No guarantee of seating if booked on Expedia. My 12-year-old daughter was flying with her cousins and grandmother and they put her 17 rows away and would not even consider moving her. Were less than nice about it. Way to go Delta - she is only 12, that is a lot of years left to fly on another airline.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I was in DL 1580 to Vegas on 9/2 at 9:37 AM from ATL. I needed to go to the restroom. The attendant, Adriana in a red uniform would not let me use the 1st class restroom and was extremely rude. I was on the 2nd row of Comfort, but had to trek to the back of the plane, where there was a long line. Delta's airline staff can learn to show basic courtesy.

I was in a seat that would not recline. So, I had to sit erect in a 4 hour flight, while the seat in front of me was reclined up to my face. When I mentioned this to the flight attendant, instead of offering any help, he said I need to just press hard. Obviously, that did not work and I got a severe headache by the end of the flight. Nobody ever bothered to serve a drink.

I had the flight attendant button on for the entire duration of the flight, but though multiple passed through, no attendant stopped. Finally, after 2 hours I had to stop a flight attendant and ask for a drink. They refused to give me a drink. She said that she would write me up - for what, to mask their own inefficiency? Because a passenger had to ask for a drink - which they should not have to do in the first place? Should I take that as a threat - is this what Delta attendants are trained to do? When they mess up, then they threaten passengers. So, I was without any kind of fluid for the 5 hours. I could not take my pills. Does Delta think that they can treat passengers whichever way they want? I have bad experiences with Delta in the past, but this one tops it all. By the end of the flight, I was dehydrated and sick. I could have had a medical incident in-flight. Is this what Delta calls traveling in comfort? I was in a Comfort Plus seat.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Air Lines?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

Booked two flights for my kids to come to Florida from Montana. The Hurricane came and another on the way so we canceled flights. Called to get refund and they refused said non refundable. When asked why they showed me the fine print on last page in bottom paragraph where no one will read non-refundable $1000 tickets not $79 tickets. O.K so we got the shaft so book using credit. Searched for new flights and found them on Delta website. Call kids they like flights go back to book $400 more than 3 minutes ago and it's 5 months in advance. DO NOT SEARCH UNTIL READY TO BOOK. THEY KNOW WHEN YOU SEARCH DATES AND SCAM PEOPLE RAISING PRICE.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

Had to cancel my flight with United Airlines to Ft Myers due to hurricane, they allowed me to reschedule my flight to a later date. When I tried to reschedule return flight with Delta their policy states nonrefundable, nontransferable. Understandable under normal circumstances but due to a HURRICANE they will not allow me to reschedule my flight but they will allow me to forfeit my flight money and purchase a return flight ticket. That's some real good customer service, I'll remember that when booking another flight.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

Delta fares are high on certain dates and destinations. I prefer to fly Delta but often times their fares are double than other lower cost airlines for the same flight.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I purchased an upgraded seat for $54.00 and when I called to confirm, the exit row aisle seat that I purchased, I was informed that all such seats were assigned to others. I requested a refund and I have not heard back.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

Their customer loyalty has gone down the toilet. First class flight two weeks ago, switched from a non-stop to a layover. Made my connection and they switched to another plane that had been in the hangar all day. It took the entire duration of the flight to cool down. No perks at all, I could have bought coach tickets and had the same experience flying.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I have no complaints. I have flown Delta many times and am satisfied. Although, I wish there was more leg room. When on one occasion the plane was late I was compensated with a room and food vouchers.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

The jet flight was great service! Seats were spacious and the staff was attentive. The smaller plane's uncomfortable. Seats were tight and no room, people had problems with storage of bags.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

Trip planned to Miami this upcoming Friday, 9/15 through Travelocity. Due to the storm, my hotel cancelled last week. Delta will not refund me back my money until THEY cancel the trip. Willing to give me a credit BUT will have to pay an extra $200 when I book my next trip!!! This is ridiculous!!! Miami and most of Florida do not have power and looks like a war zone! Is this how Delta treats their customers and expects more business from them. Not a chance!!! They need to make exceptions for people traveling to Florida! Travelocity said that that this is not their policy but the airlines!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

Airline connections can be almost impossible. There are far too many flight delays. Elderly should always be bordered first. Delta has too little leg space and carry on luggage space always a problem.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

First time I have flown Delta. Flew round trip non-stop Oregon to Michigan. Great service, I will use them again. I am 70 and needed a wheelchair for the first time. Everyone was great and even wanted to know if I needed to stop at a bathroom both going and coming back. I sat by the window both ways and even my seatmates and other passengers asked if I needed any assistance. I didn't but was impressed by everyone's kindness.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

Delta is generally better than UA and AA but inferior to Southwest and Jet Blue with regards to customer service and in flight amenities. DL has an opportunity to set the company apart from the other majors by adopting less punitive cancellation and trip modification policies a la Southwest. There is absolutely zero cost justification for the draconian change fees that they (and UA and AA) charge.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

I flew from Istanbul to Columbus via Paris and Atlanta on September 7. When I got to Atlanta airport staff told me that my luggage was held at Paris. I filed a delayed baggage form when I got here in Columbus. I am trying to track my luggage now and neither Delta or Airfrance takes responsibility and actually search for my luggage. Days have past and there is still no information on where my luggage is. Both AIRFRANCE and DELTA keep telling me that they do not know where my luggage is and think this is ok. They DO NOT BOTHER actually calling Paris and ask where the hell my luggage is. They think they just can get away with telling passengers their luggage is lost. Tickets for these travels cost thousands of dollars for Gods sake. Dont you think they need to take responsibility for luggage they carry. Apparently both DELTA and AIRFRANCE DO NOT CARE what you experience is after they get their money.

They lose my luggage and they offer me a few hundred dollars only if I can PROVE that there were items worth that amount in my suitcase. Who keeps receipts for every goddamn item they use for years. Nobody does. I am sure it just lies there in Paris airport in front of some staffs eyes but they do not care to actually look the tag with my name and destination on it. Because what the hell, we can just pay 300 dollars two months later, damage thousands of dollars to a customer and waste customers time. WHO CARES, RIGHT? Customer service just listens to me and they say they do not know anything. You have to know something Delta!! If you do not know it, try to learn something. Thats what customer services do. DO NOT TRAVEL WITH DELTA, DO NOT TRAVEL WITH AIRFRANCE if you care what is inside your luggage. Sorry folks, they just do not care unless you shout multiple times.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

I have flown exclusively with Delta for 2 years now using the Delta AMEX. It is very easy to redeem my points when making a flight reservation. The in-flight customer service was always very good. I think only 1 flight was delayed but only by a few minutes while 2-3 times the flight was early. No complaints.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

Seating in airplane economy is tight. I travel with an overweight person that doesn't fit in the seat well, which makes it uncomfortable. I feel tight in the seat I am in. Airplanes need to be made with more seat and leg room in all classes.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

Traveled on Delta for many years. Have only had one bad experience. And that was lost luggage that I never was paid for nor was it found. However that was years ago and other than that my travel experience has been without incident. Always felt comfortable and customer service was good. When my son was a toddler, received assistance with calming child so overall I always fly Delta if possible.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

The employees in the Crown Room are always very help and nice as are the flight attendants. When changing my tickets, they always try to accommodate my needs. I have never encountered any big issues with Delta.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

Delta is always my first choice. They provide exceptional customer service and staff is friendly, going above and beyond. Delta also provides 1st class service no matter which class you're flying in.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

When I fly I use Delta. I've never had a bad experience with them. The flight attendants were always nice to me. The first time I ever flew was with Delta and I was more than a little nervous but the flight attendant sat down and talked to me and put me at ease. I never forgot that! So it's been Delta for me ever since and I have no complaints about them.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

The worst condition of the plane is the lack of leg room, even for short flights 1 to 3 hrs long. Without it, your legs are way too cramped.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I really feel comfortable and relaxed with Delta. They tell you what is going on before, during and after a flight. The service is very good during a flight and entertainment is always quality. I have flown with Delta many years and I am always satisfied. They have never lost my luggage and are respectful to me and my property.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

My flights with Delta have been international (Guatemala). The flights are good. Clearing customs is the part of the trip that is taxing... Entering Guatemala is fairly easy. We travel with about 40 large foot lockers with our group. Returning to Atlanta is an exercise.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

The SkyMiles e-shopping has really gone downhill with very few shopping choices left for us from which to choose and fewer miles to earn than AA. However, miles never expire, whereas other airlines, miles expire within a year to 18 months.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Great service from Atlanta to Amsterdam. Check in and onboard personnel performed Professional. Flight well done. I remember the years that you really did not want to fly because of the service. Congratulations to Delta and Atlanta's.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

Supposed to fly to Cuba. Evidently that can't happen with a category 5 hurricane coming. Call Delta half hour before flight. Joanna was very pleasant. Gave me full credit. Very happy. Will use Delta again.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

First of all, the flights I took were punctual. Second, I felt safe flying, all through. Third, the planes were kept clean. Overall, good, unobtrusive service.

Delta Air Lines expert review by Erika Armstrong

Originally founded as a crop-dusting company in 1924, Delta is now one of the largest airlines in the world. Each year, more than 160 million travelers fly Delta.

• Business service: In addition to offering business-class seating, Delta also has a Corporate Travel Management division designed for the business customer.
    • Chef-curated menus: For a small additional fee, Delta passengers can enjoy a full meal.
    • Worldwide destinations: Delta offers flights to more than 325 destinations in 60 countries across six continents.
    • Trip protection: Add trip protection to your flight so that any cancellations or problems allow you to get reimbursed for the cost of the trip.
    • Vacation price pledge: Participating travelers can get a refund for the price difference if the same vacation package is available for less, plus additional credit toward future Delta vacations.
    • Best for: Vacationers, business travelers and holiday travelers who enjoy top quality service.
    Profile picture of Erika Armstrong
    Erika Armstrong

Airlines Contributing Editor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.

Delta Air Lines Company Information