2. Travel
  3. Airlines

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.14/5

Delta Air Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Air Lines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Air Lines?

Original review: April 23, 2020

I am a travel advisor and I had to assist a client with a trip cancellation due to COVID 19. I wish I had the name of the young lady I spoke to about this, but I don't. I was on hold for about 2 minutes and a very pleasant reservation agent answered. My client's flight had changed drastically, and I was seeking a full refund. This young lady, who told me she had been repurposed from being a Flight Attendant to a Reservation Agent because of the large volume of calls they were receiving. I had a pleasant, short interaction with her and she was able to cancel and issue a refund to my clients. For anyone in the Travel Industry, this is a hard time to be dealing with so many cancellation requests, as I can certainly attest. She was lovely, pleasant, friendly and humorous at the same time. I was pleasantly surprised, and because of her, I will be booking more clients with Delta Airlines.

Original review: March 13, 2020

Delta has comfortable seating for some like myself that is over 6ft tall. It was very hard for me to find an airlines with comfortable seating with enough leg room for my height of 6' 3". Over the past 5 years I have used 4 different airlines for either business or personal travel. Delta has the best leg room hands down. Plus the entertainment amenities that is provided as a standard feature is great.

My wife and I met in Orlando to visit family and vacation when she there on a business trip. Her business trip ended and we met with family and vacationed. While on vacation I bragged to her and family about how Delta's seating and amenities were great compared to other airlines we had flown on together and separate. It must have made a lasting impression because on her recent business trip, she was able to get her flight on Delta and was impressed. She was very glad she listened to me and appreciated my honest bragging. She also stated that she will be trying to get all business trips booked through Delta but vacations we will absolutely fly Delta.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

Myself and 2 girls went to check in and realized one of my daughter's passport had expired (thankful we have Nexus) but custom border was close. Long story short, the check in clerk she (didnt have a name tag and I had forgotten to ask but supervisor's named was Dave) was sooooo accommodating and compassionate towards re-booking (for free) our flights, an extremely limited flight to St. Thomas, I actually was so calm and not even upset with myself that I cant travel until the next day. I was overwhelmed by the level of compassionate and understanding of the staff at Delta airlines. Thank you for making a frustrating human error and turned it into the best circumstances it can be. I am always grateful for you this situation. Thank you Dave and my check in "angel" at YVR airport. I am forever grateful of your generosity.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

OMG. I did it so on October 23 this was my very first time flying. Nervous is a understatement. I about crapped my pants. Not to mention i had 4 children under the age of 10 to accompany me. As i boarded the plane it was pretty much smooth even though I did not know what to expect. At take off my 5 year old daughter screamed her lungs off i'm sure scaring other passengers. As a mom I had to stay calm even though my heart was in my stomach. In the air i was a nervous wreck but it's not like I could get off. The turbulence omg omg omg it was consistent even freaked me out more.

Once the flight attendant Kara and Jay found out it was my first flight they treated me so very well. They continued to check on me and my children. I had a couple drinks before i realized it i'm like what turbulence. If i could have tipped these two I would but they were not allowed to take tips. Kara and Jay you guys were awesommmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee sauce and I appreciate you all so so so so so so so very much and I wish them best of luck.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

My family had to go to a funeral but our experience on our flight was the greatest. Our flight was from Tampa to New York City. First of all, ALL of the accommodations from the TVs, comfortable seats, snacks, drinks, but most of our flight attendant Mr. Ronald made our experience great at a sad time. From the first time I saw Mr. Ronald he made me and my family feel welcome getting on and off the flight. It was more rewarding when we were returning home and he was our flight attendant again. He remembered my name and again me and everyone on the flight was welcomed coming on the flight and leaving the flight. It is so hard to get friendly, professional, and hardworking people in the world and I found it in Ronald.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

They charge you $350 to cancel a flight you can't go on due to covid and then you cannot get ahold of anyone ever!!! I finally got through to someone and they just stopped answering. Fly anyone but Delta for your own good!!!!

Original review: July 26, 2020

Had flights to Japan (For Honeymoon 6/26/2020). Obviously, we can't fly to Japan because of Covid-19. Travel ban is in place, but Delta wouldn't cancel the flight. Luckily, they made changes to our flights that significantly altered our travel plans, which allowed us to cancel without penalty, per their policies. We went to cancel our flights and made sure if we chose to receive our cash, instead of an E-credit, that we would not be penalized a cancellation fee. I took screenshots of the cancellation page, showing no cancellation fees and a full cash refund to our bank account. So, as you can imagine, the moment we submitted the cancellation of our flights we received an email showing we had been hit with $700s in cancellation fees. Immediately, we got on the phones to remedy this. This was on April 28, 2020.

Now, after 4-5 calls, where we are told each time that we are going to get our money back and that this was an error, but to wait 30 business days before calling again, which we have done twice, we have not received any communication nor refund. Today, 90 days later, we called in only to find out that now, during all of this, you cannot reach the refund department on the weekends (recent change). So, we can't get refunded because they need to final review, but they cut back on labor and hours attributable to Refunds.

90 days is more than ample time to review and refund money for a situation that their employees (and policies) told us is a sure thing and that we will 100% receive a refund for the cancellation fees (multiple individuals on separate calls). This is starting to feel like theft. Just to be clear, this is not about the flight refund, we have received a refund, but only a partial amount. We were penalized for the cancellation of our flight, despite being told we wouldn't be and being told later on we shouldn't have been either. They have not fixed it yet, 90 days later.

Original review: July 16, 2020

I left my iPhone on a plane 07/12 from Vegas to MPLS at 11:57 am. Filled out a form online, called them Numerous times. Let them know exactly where the phone is. I’m tracking the phone. No one has tried to help me. I’ve been hung up on and everything was very detail in the report also, But since they not responsible for lost items they don’t care at all and waiting for someone to turn it in, instead of going to get the phone from the plane I was on. Now the phone died in a pocket seat of a plane that I watch travel from MPLS to Detroit then Tampa. Now they find my iPhone not working and it seems like I’m not getting my phone back. I had it for years, everything on that phone.

I’m so hurt on how I’ve been treated and how they handle things not only that this also let me know they not wiping down them seats at all or checking in them backseat pockets when you get off the plane, 'cause if they did they would have found my phone...I WOULD NEVER FLY WITH Y'ALL EVER TF AGAIN. I’ve watched my phone sit there with no ** given but you emailing me as if you care, you never tried....

Original review: July 11, 2020

We had booked a round-trip First Class ticket from LAX to Puerto Vallarta for the 4th of July, 2020. When we went to the airport in Puerto Vallarta, to return back to Los Angeles, the Delta counter informed us that we were no longer allowed on Delta but could not tell us why. We spent 6 hours getting ready for departure, tax to airport, waiting at airport to find out that the gate people at Delta could only tell us that we were not allowed on the flight but not why and to call corporate, which we did and got nowhere because it disconnected after being on the phone for 2 hours and then later, Delta said, "You have called too many times and if you call again, you will be barred from Delta for life." All they could come up with was that we did not wear our mask from LAX to Puerto Vallarta but we did, we had on our face during the flight and no-one ever approached us saying anything.

We never received an email from Delta telling us that our return flight was cancelled and don't bother going to the airport in Puerto Vallarta because we won't let you on. They also claimed later that after I called from the airport, they sent another email and said to check my spam, which of course I had done multiple times and no email ever. We had to buy another flight home on American and spend money for 2 hotel nights. I asked for this report of details about this flight from LAX to Puerto Vallarta and was it a flight attendant or passenger because this has to be mistaken identity and they said if I continue to ask the same question for the details, they will put us on the list for our lifetime.

Resolution response: July 8, 2020

Delta responded by email two days later and offered us a full refund. I recommend contacting the company by email instead of by phone, they may just be overwhelmed by calls at this time.

Original review: July 6, 2020

My husband and I had purchased tickets to fly out of Houston to Paris July 10th, we received an email simply stating that our flight was cancelled- they did not call us or make any attempt to rebook us even though there was another flight the same day available on their website. So we called and got ourselves rebooked on that flight, two weeks later France announced that they are not opening borders to Americans due to COVID19 so we were forced to cancel that flight and they refused to refund us fully, charging $350 per ticket for a cancellation that was completely no fault of our own.

We called to ask for a full refund and they simply refused because the flight itself was not cancelled even though we would have not been able to legally enter the country of the destination. Ethically, they should waive all cancellation fees when the cancellation is a direct result of the pandemic and not the choice of the customer. When asking for a credit to use on a future flight instead, they again refused saying that they had already issued a partial refund. Absolutely unfair and no help at all.

Delta Air Lines author review by Erika Armstrong

Originally founded as a crop-dusting company in 1924, Delta is now one of the largest airlines in the world. Each year, more than 160 million travelers fly Delta.

• Business service: In addition to offering business-class seating, Delta also has a Corporate Travel Management division designed for the business customer.

• Chef-curated menus: For a small additional fee, Delta passengers can enjoy a full meal.

• Worldwide destinations: Delta offers flights to more than 325 destinations in 60 countries across six continents.

• Trip protection: Add trip protection to your flight so that any cancellations or problems allow you to get reimbursed for the cost of the trip.

• Vacation price pledge: Participating travelers can get a refund for the price difference if the same vacation package is available for less, plus additional credit toward future Delta vacations.

by Erika Armstrong Airlines Contributing Editor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.

Delta Air Lines Company Information