Delta Air Lines

Compare Airlines

Research top Airlines recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

How should I begin to explain my disdain for Delta? My flight from MSP to Florida was delayed by one hour and thirty minutes. The explanation given was mechanical problems? Finally we boarded a plane only to be told again that there is another delay due to mechanical problems? We sat on the tarmac for this amount of time. Nothing offered to drink and we could not even use the bathroom as the plane had already pulled away from the gate for our safety? After waiting for almost 2 hours (nothing offered to eat or drink at this point) we were finally off to Florida. I arrived in Florida and to my disdain my suitcase was damaged, my clothes and other belongings spilled out and it was placed on the turn belt!!!! I proceeded to get my damaged suitcase and noticed that some of my clothes were damaged and there were several items missing.

I went over to customer service and the agent there was appalled that my damaged suitcase was left on the turn belt. He was the only one out of all of Delta's staff so far at this point that seemed genuinely sorry regarding my experience thus far. He replaced my suitcase and apologized for the inconvenience. I was charged by Delta $100.00 fro being overweight by 5 pounds. I gladly paid the fee without any hesitation. But to claim to be an airline that cares about their customers, I can say for a fact as proven by my experience, is a blatant lie. I am a young customer and my opinion might not matter, but how many hundreds or thousands of passengers does this happen to on a daily basis? No compensation from Delta at all!!! We are charged for seats, meals, baggage, overweight, etc. Yet when there is a legitimate concern who do we charge? It is appalling to me at this young age to experience this type of unsatisfactory customer service.

Date of travel 08/13/2015 for a family funeral. My current case # is **. I made several calls to customer care supervisor Lisa. She informed me that a check for $350.00 was mailed on 12/26/2016. I informed Roselyn that I never received it. Lisa left me a message on 04/13/2017 that the check was returned. Also, that she would be off from work until 04/18/2017. She requested my mailing address which was provided. **. Her telephone # was left by her. Which is 1 800 618 9615 ex **. Each time I called, the telephone would ring but not able to leave a message. My last communication by letter was on 05/10/2017 at 17:21 pm.

A few days ago I went to Delta's website and upgraded our seats to Miami from coach to comfort seating. Not a problem the process went easy. But when I hit submit payment a error came back and said something went wrong, please try again. So stupid me I did and that transaction went thru fine. But when I looked at my bank account there was two (2) charges on my bank account for $246.26 each which was the total for a 2 person upgrade. But when I called my bank this was submitted from Delta.

So I called Delta and they only saw one transaction on their end and will NOT HELP figure out what happened!!! So now I am hoping that the extra $246.26 drops off tomorrow. But now for four (4) days that money has been tied up and not available to us? WHY???? So now fast forward to today we decided to upgrade our returning flight, but proceeded with caution. After upgrading our return flight and hitting submit ONCE I got that same message back that said there was a error, but I did NOT resubmit the payment this time. But I called and took about 1 hour 10 min until I was able to get to a supervisor and all I got was there is no transaction showing you upgraded but in my bank account it DOES show that I was charged only once $363.00 (which is fine) but on their end I was not charged anything!

WHAT ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? I was charged and they cant see it. So now what I have to hit re-submit again and be charged twice and hope one falls off??? I think NOT! I have looked and this has at least been the SAME problem for customers since 2014 if not longer. WHY Delta cant you fix a simple problem and provide a great customer service, and not tie up peoples hard earned money for a week or so at a time for a double charge. I have the print out showing this if you want to see it Delta? Anyone else has this happened to??? PLEASE let me know.

On Sunday April 1 while traveling on Delta 2141 Norfolk VA, to Atlanta GA I left my laptop under the seat. I was on my connecting flight to Los Angeles less than 3 hours later when I realized. I told the flight assistant who told me to put in a lost and found report which I did there. He told me he had lost his wallet and it was returned to him in a couple of days!!! I received a automated message that my report had been received, two days later I followed this up with at email, no response. I continued to direct message to which I received bland replies. I was given a number to call Atlanta lost and found. The line does not take messages or answer calls!!! I was told my request was sent to leaders in Atlanta. 3 weeks later I got an automated message to say my item was not found and the report was closed.

The laptop contains nearly 5 years of doctoral research, papers and of course personal information which as a new scholar I need for my future work. I am so mad at myself for leaving the laptop but really angry with Delta for not taking this seriously which is shown in the handling of this whole thing. What I want is for someone personally look into my case and return my laptop. The laptop was large and over five years old. I can't believe someone would steal it. Unless the cleaners took it - who were on the plane while I was leaving!!!

Whenever I flew I made a point to fly Delta. Despite their egregious habit of nickel and diming anyone not in 1st class. I usually made a point to get upgrade to make the flight at least decent. All the first class seats were sold out so I had to settle for Comfort + which was anything but. False advertisement said complimentary drinks and premium snacks. It ended up being one lousy drink and the same snack served in main cabin by a rude flight attendant who acted like serving us was more a chore. Then to pay for my luggage for the geniuses to put it on the wrong flight. As a result, I was stuck at La Guardia till four in the morning as I had to wait for the flight that they put my luggage on to come back as it had all my conference materials.

For my troubles, all I got a lousy useless food voucher thus losing a day in my conference and losing money as my business depends conference appearances. The refund of my luggage charge and paltry amount of Skymiles credited to my account hardly made up for the loss I took because of them. I've called and keep getting promised follow up and to this date have received no response. I called to follow up and found my case to be closed as "resolved" which it was not. And I have yet to hear back from Baggage Services regarding my case with them misplacing my luggage.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Air Lines?

My husband and I planned a special 30th vacation and decided to splurge and fly home First Class on Delta. Our original flights home were canceled and we were given a few other options. We got 2 First Class seats on the first leg, but not together. There was a family of 5 that were all separate from each other too. Is it that hard to sit people together??? I asked the stubby little man seated next to me if he would switch with my husband and he refused. So even though the flight attendants and service was good, I had to sit by a man that smelled like a hooker and drank like a fish. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO ME! The second leg was also supposedly First Class, but again we couldn't sit together, and there was no meal offered, only snacks and drinks. Not impressed. I'll avoid Delta at all costs in the future.

We booked a flight for my 20-year old daughter to Italy, from Phoenix. It was her first time travelling alone. First, Delta somehow cancelled one leg of her journey on their own, while they were modifying tickets for other passengers travelling initially, with her. We found out a day earlier when we were trying to check in. It took me 2 hours trying to fix that issue that was purely committed by Delta in error. The wait time for every customer service call was 1.5 HOURS! Unbelievable, never had to wait that much for a customer service personnel to even attend to a call. Then, when we reached at 4 am the next day for her flight, we found out they had cancelled her flight again and she was put on a flight with 2 layovers instead of one stop that I had originally booked my ticket for.

For all these inconveniences, the lady at the Phoenix counter was grossly rude. When I requested that she give us another option with one stop only as I was not comfortable with my daughter changing planes so many times as she was travelling alone, she had the gall to tell me that she was only going to talk to the passenger and not to her parent and tried to bully my 20-year old daughter into accepting the change as such.This was totally unacceptable attitude because all five tickets for Delta had been purchased by me, on my credit card. I can understand this logic if a parent is making a change in the absence of the passenger but being that my daughter was present with me and authorizing me to work out the flight details with the airline agent- her statement was extremely out of line. I questioned the relevance of her statement, at which point we were finally given the option of getting a direct flight to Italy, the next morning.

My question is this: Why do these airlines act like they are doing the passengers a favor by putting them on any flight they want to when the whole inconvenience was generated by THEIR last minute cancellations and THEIR overbooking? We pay what they ask for, we make plans according to our flight times, we arrange drop offs and pick ups for our families, we plan vacation times according to our flight times- then why are we consumers subjected to this constant nonsense from the airlines. We pay upfront for the tickets and as consumers have a right to at least be offered a couple of options for other flights when the delay is because of the airline's overbooking or cancellations.

Delta has extremely poor customer service- they must be under staffed as no telephone call is attended before a holding time of 1 hour 20 mins, etc. I used Delta for the first time- I am thoroughly disgusted by their customer service. They need to give major training to their representatives- making unjustified aggressive statements to already irate passengers in long lines, will only escalate the situation. Have traveled in British Airways before and they have a great customer service- phones are attended in a very reasonable short time. Have vowed never to travel with Delta ever again. We had non refundable bookings at the hotels and due to their cancellations, lost all money for one night of booking. I think the airlines should be reimbursing customers for the charges directly incurred as a result of their last minute cancellations. Only if these airlines incur costs like these, will they become more responsible towards the customers.

Flew Delta out of D.C. for Salt Lake City May 14. Delayed over 1 hour waiting for catering. By the way, a stewardess admitted that this is happening again and again. 70 of us missed our connecting flights out of Salt Lake. This was a Sunday evening and all of the connectors were the last flights out. We missed our flights by a matter of minutes and the other Delta pilots refused to wait!! Put us up in Salt Lake for the night but nothing else. Delta even directed me to the WRONG GATE the next morning. Goodbye Delta.

I had to fly United Airlines this week and I had a bad experience both flights. I want to write to thank Delta for making all efforts to greet and speak to all of your passengers. Your customer service is top notch. Delta is dependable and in time. I will recommend Delta to all my family and friends.

I understand that there are rules and regulations but if a customer has a problem you can not solve AT LEAST GIVE GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! All I wanted was to change my departure date and I emailed Delta about 5 times (Never got a response not once). I even called and no one was able to help me AT ALL or even attempt to in any way. They turned me around in seconds. Even if I had to pay an extra fee of $50 which they charge for flight changes, I would have just to be able to change the date... But instead they wanted me to pay an extra $400 just to change the date to a few days earlier!! My ticket itself was $400. Why in the world would I pay an extra $400 just to change it!

They were so very unhelpful and seemed not to care one bit. I have been calling for the past few days and each time "They can never do anything for me." I really just wanted ANY help at all because I needed to make the change and make it ASAP for school purposes. But with such awful customer service no one was helping me with my situation. And I spend money with them at least ONCE a month flying back and forth to see my boyfriend who lives in a different state. You would think they'd do a better job with assisting... I definitely know where I won't be spending my money anymore. They're great until you run into a problem and need assistance. HORRIBLE!

I booked a flight to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic 4/6/2017. I arrived to the airport to find that my flight had been cancelled and I waited for 4 hours just to get to the ticket counter. I finally get to the ticket counter, the agent says she cannot get us to Punta Cana but she could get us to Santo Domingo which was 2 hours away. She actually put us on a flight to Santiago!!! Santiago was 6 or 7 hours away - with no shuttle available to us. Thank goodness we had money saved for excursions and souvenirs because we had to spend our money getting to our actual destination. I have NEVER had an airline just sent me to the wrong part of a country. It was quite frightening to be in a foreign country, not knowing a great deal of the native language. Delta Airlines has YET to respond to my complaint. HORRIBLE customer service.

Roundtrip from LGA to ATL. LGA the air conditioning wasn't working. Had to de-plane for an hour and a half while they fixed it. At least they fixed it. ATL to LGA. Warning light came on in cockpit. Needed part. Maintenance salvaged part from another airplane! Stuck on plane for two hours while they replaced it. As we got underway I noticed a firetruck and ambulance pull into the spot we had just left like it was precautionary. WTF? The fact that I had maintenance issues on both sides of my journey says there is something seriously wrong here.

I missed my flight yesterday as a sky priority member due to the fact that Delta had massive lines and kept sending me to different places to check in my infant. I had tried to previously pay the international tax and this was never done. After lining up in three lines I missed my flight. I would never recommend traveling with Delta with an infant. They do not know how to do this process smoothly and missing a flight with an infant is a disaster! Avoid the situation altogether.

For one of my in state flight (BWI-ATL), the agent closed the gate 15 min before the departure time without announcing my name or make any final warnings. I was sitting right across the seating area and did not hear any notification regarding the gate closing. This causes me to miss all of my connecting flights (Tokyo-Taiwan). The agent was extremely rude to me and acted like she was super annoyed. She did not help me with re-booking. The way she talked to me was extremely inconsiderate and not professional. She was not helpful at all, did not acknowledge anything about the plane leaving 15min earlier.

I spent an extra 15min looking for the Delta help center (the gate agent just pointed a direction to me without telling me any further information). No one was there to help at the help center. Everyone waited there so that they can use the phone to call the direct line. After telling the agent that this was not my fault, she still charged me $500 fee for the price difference. I paid $2200 for delta comfort in my original ticket and could not believe that I still have to pay $500 more. The agent had me waiting on the phone standing for over 1 hour and continued to make me wait because all of her supervisor are "busy". I expect at least better service and support since I spent so much money on my ticket.

I have been a long time Delta customer for more than 10 years, and my experiences with Delta has been great until now. From my past experience, Delta would always give 5-10min announcement before closing the gate and would always announce missing passengers by their last name before closing the gate. The front desk at ticketing, which was also extremely rude, told me that Delta does not announce passenger's name due to privacy. However, while I was waiting, a Delta flight from BWI-Ohio did gave multiple 5-10min warning announcement and called the passenger's last name before closing the gate.

A Spirit airline also made multiple announcement before closing the gate. This is just telling me that big airline companies, such as Delta, just have expensive tickets that comes with terrible agents with no systematic training and no experience in customer service. This is just unbelievable. I am very disappointed and extremely frustrated that such a great airline now suffers from poor customer service and lack of staff training.

Delta needs to better train their staff and teach them how to provide better customer service. Everyone just acted like it is none of their business and are unwilling to help. They do not give a damn about my situation. With tickets that are $200-300 more compared to other airlines, this is definitely not the kind of service that I want for my money. I will not use Delta again and will definitely not recommend Delta to anyone anymore.

Our flight from Reagan National to Salt Lake City was delayed because Delta couldn't get the caterers to load the plane on time. We ended up being delayed about one hour, causing us to miss our connecting flight to Reno. We had one handicapped lady, one 4 month pregnant lady, and a two year old in our group of 5. Delta put little, to no effort in helping us make our connecting flight. We missed it by 6 minutes. If they would have had the plane unload by urgency, rather than row by row, we would have made it. Delta told us we were on our own to reschedule our connecting flight, and get a hotel overnight.

My family of 4 booked a flight to Cancun 7 months in advance. We also had 3 friends along, with the same flight schedule, resort and so forth. Once at the airport, we also happened to know 6 other people by chance, with the same flights to and from Cancun, although different resorts. On the return flight from Cancun to Minneapolis, the plane was delayed on the tarmac in Cancun for 45 minutes, this was not due to weather, air traffic, mechanical or anything else. Per the pilot, we were held up because ticketing agents didn't weigh all the luggage and/or there were mistakes somewhere along the line and the flight was believed to be 4000 lbs overweight, hence possibly not a long enough runway for takeoff. However, the flight was eventually cleared to takeoff.

Due to the delay in Cancun, many people were possibly going to miss their connecting flights. We believed we still could make our connecting flight based on the original layover times. We landed in MN, rushed through customs, and made it to our gate with 20 min to spare. In fact, the call by the gate agent had just been made for everyone else to board and there was a line to make way to the plane. Our 3 friends made it on the flight, the 6 other people we knew made it on the flight. We were shocked when we tried to board that our tickets were invalid. (Remember, booked 7 months prior through Delta Vacations.) Because of a second flight that night that was canceled for some unknown reason, they gave my 4 tickets away to people from the canceled flight. When asked why, we were told it was because they thought we were not going to make the flight in time???

My baggage made it on the flight from customs, and 9 other people with the exact same flights made it on the plane fine. We had 20 minutes to spare yet we were bumped. Shuttled to a hotel at 11 pm, shuttled back to the airport at 5 am and put on a much smaller flight at 9 am. Luckily I was able to have our friends pick up our "Late" luggage from the airport when they arrived.

We've spoken to "Customer Care" (How ironic) and have been given every excuse under the sun as to why we were bumped. They don't use the word bumped however, they say it was flight control, weather, and so forth, none of which are true... it's like they're going down a list of robotic error responses. When asked how exactly 9 other people were allowed to board with the same flight schedules... I mean we stood in line with them at the gate, they have no answer for that and $75 is the best they can do. The issue is they don't want to call it an "Involuntary Bump" which is what it was. Per their "Contract of Carriage", if they do that we'd be entitled to quite a bit more money in vouchers.

Since they've turned off their "Customer care" line since the video debacles posted lately, I've been told we'll get an email response in 30 days. I'm at 30 days now, still no response. I guess I'm wondering where the "Care" portion is, unless I'm no longer a customer? I do find it interesting to read their own contract of carriage which all of us customers would definitely be held to and wondering why they don't honor their own rules? By the way, I was 20 minutes early to the gate, yet our seats were already taken by the other people. I had our friends that made it on the plane check. So 20 minutes, yet people from a different flight are already contacted, checked in, boarded and sitting in my seats? How far in advance had these people had to been contacted? I'd ask, but no one answers their care center.

This is the best airlines. I travel with 2 children and they are very accommodating. Had missed a flight and went out of their way to get us on a flight to our destination without separating us in flight and made sure we're in the same row/section. It was 1st flight for children and the staff were wonderful to them.

Delta's flight was delayed due a "DELAY IN CATERING". As a result, my flight through Paris was delayed for 12 hours. DELTA REFUSED TO PAY MY 600 EURO COMPENSATION, which I am entitled for according to EU regulation 261/2004, since I was delayed at a European airport. I received from Delta a meal voucher for 15 USD. I do not recommend Delta Air Lines or their customer service to anyone, especially on international flights.

First time lost my luggage and were not helpful at all. Stupidly I flew second time with them. This time they overbooked and we had to deplane and leave on flight next day. Had to sleep in airport. Staff offered no compensation and actually had the nerve to be rude. There were 6 people who had to leave flight! Never fly with them. They are a disgrace.

Delta is one of the largest airlines in the world but their customer care doesn't match their size. They think delaying your luggage for over 72 hours is normal, and their cancellation or rebooking policy sucks. They are not considerate at all no matter how critical your emergency or reason is for the switch, I wish Southwest fly overseas.

I traveled to Tallahassee, FL because my sister was in a bicycle vs. car accident and was gravely injured. She passed away and I chose Delta to fly from Tallahassee to Atlanta to pick up a Southwest flight home to Minneapolis. That Weds they cancelled my flight. There were none for Thursday, and so I paid for the only ticket left on Friday. Arriving at the airport, I was informed the Delta flight was going to be late and calling Southwest, Southwest also delayed to help me get home. The Delta flight took off, and then turned around and went back to the Tallahassee airport due to a fuel pump issue. I missed the last Southwest flight to MSP.

When I got off the plane, I approached a woman at the gate who appeared to be in charge, and before I said anything she practically screamed at me that she had no hotel rooms. I did not want a room. I only wanted to know how to get home. After asking about 10 times, she finally pointed at a very long line for the "helpdesk". I stood in the line over 5 hours only to be told they "were done with me". Only two people were "helping" the hundreds of patrons in the same situation as I. Southwest put me on standby and I was able to get home the following evening. Otherwise, the only ticket I could get would have been after midnight the NEXT day. I wrote Delta, but of course never heard back, so clearly they are done with me. This is the worst airline!

As frequent Delta flyers to see our 4.5 mo. old grandson in Oregon, when we live in VA., we can never seem to ever be able to use FF points. It's always, "well, those are blackout dates!" So, with EVERY DATE being a blackout date, what are, if any, the best times to use our points. We really think cust. care and the flight attendants are the very best, and most courteous. But, my wife and I are retired and to travel 6K miles round trip for each of us, at least every 6 months. It really hurts our budget. Wish something more could be done, because on a positive note, Delta is the greatest!

They were very aggressive about having us check our carry-ons because overhead bins getting full. However, when we got on the plane I noticed bins near us that were not full at all. That was annoying. This was a four hour flight. But it did leave on time. They did pass out drinks and a small snack. The options for food was okay. The fruit and cheese plate was good. We arrived on time and the landing was uneventful.

Flew from Columbus GA. to Atlanta to West Palm Beach. Plane problems in Atlanta and coming back the same thing. Problems when leaving West Palm. Mechanical both times. Delta needs to retire these old planes. Did not feel safe going or leaving. Will never fly, hopefully again with Delta.

This was my only time I had flown on a big airplane. We flew to Hawaii for a once in a lifetime trip. My Dad took my sister (Beth), his sister (Sarah) and me Teresa. When we were landing in Hawaii, the plane started working. I was holding on for dear life, and Beth was saying that we were going to die! I was scared and laughing at the same time! After getting settled in Hawaii, I told everyone that I was scared of riding on airplanes still, but I would do it again! We all enjoyed the whole experience!

I have been using Delta Air Lines almost exclusively for the last 2 years. All except for one flight, they have always been on time. Their lounges at the airports have been good and they have been very good with the one cancellation that I had. The only problem I have had is that my luggage was opened and some items stolen on a flight from Mexico City to Detroit and they wanted receipts for everything that was missing. Of course I did not have these receipts so got no compensation.

Recently a family member experience a tragic medical experience and I just a few days before my planned trip to Tampa. I requested a delay of 30 days on my $267.00 ticket. A Delta customer service person demanded the private medical records of the family member. Neither the family member nor the medical facility would allow this to happen so Delta basically screwed me out of the ticket. The Delta Customer Service agent denied demanding the medical information yet Delta has yet to refund or provide a ticket to Tampa as I have just traveled there again and paid for another round trip. This was issue number one.

Issue two... Monday on a trip to Tampa, my departing flight from MCI to Atlanta was 15 minutes late on arrival and 20 minutes late departing. 35 minutes late, total. I had 37 minutes total to go from Concourse B to Concourse D once on ground in Atlanta to connect to Tampa. Obviously the plane was gone and the gate dark. Delta Agent told me that I had to get to the gate on time. That was "my responsibility", not Delta's. This is at 10:00pm at night. Flights after 10pm are few. Fortunately another Gate attendant tried to help me and found another flight leaving for Tampa at 11:30pm.

Needless to say, I arrived in Tampa well after midnight with no ride home as I could not ask family members to wait not knowing when or if I would arrive. Delta didn't offer anything other than a comment by a gate attendant that since Delta changed management, the company has gone downhill and now the customer is known as a "profit center". Yep... Delta now considers a person as a "profit center". I guess that's why the justification to hose me for $25.00 for each leg to sit by a exit door so that I can stretch my painfully arthritic knees, so I can do Delta's job in case of a crash by opening and discarding the emergency exit door.

They're very trustworthy. They have good schedules and reasonable rates. They take care of their patrons and resolve any problem with a very time saving outcome. I have experienced very many delays with them and they do just about anything to help if you're running behind.

Delta Airlines was late departing LGA. As a result, I missed my connecting flight home to SEA. What's worse is that my luggage made it to connecting flight, but they told me I was too late to board. Incidentally, I learned that my connecting flight was oversold. When I tried to rebook to make it on-time for my weekend anniversary trip. They offered to send me to Spokane (6 hour drive to my house), or Portland (3 hour drive to my house). I asked if they would pay for the Uber home. Of course not. So, no luggage, they cart me off to a hotel with a little emergency overnight bag. Nothing to wear to bed, no change of clothes, no voucher for food.

I asked what Delta was going to do to make this right for me. The "Need Help" desk was no help at all. Customer service first offered me $100. I said that wasn't acceptable, then they offered $150. Still I said no. Then they went up to $200. What is this - a negotiation? Anyway. I was advised to call their corporate office. Of course, it turns out they're closed today. So, I filed a complaint on their website. What response do I get? That they'll get back to me within 30 days. Seriously! Meanwhile, I'm out reservation fees, and my beautiful long-planned anniversary weekend with my husband.

In Nov. 2016, I was flying from Minneapolis to Nashville for the most important academic conference and career fair in my life. The flight was overbooked, and due to a long line at the security screening, I arrived at the gate 7 minutes before the flight took off. The gate keeper told me that I am late, and because of that, my seat was given to somebody else. They were rude, and they treated me like I am a criminal. They refused to give me any compensation, not even a replacement ticket, but instead put me on the waiting list for the rest of the day. I stayed at the airport for the rest of the day to find out that every other plane to Nashville was equally overbooked.

As a result, I missed the most important conference in my life. Upon reflection, Delta did not start bumping unshowing customers until 2 minutes before flight departure in all their flights but mine. I think this is because my Asian name. So, they think I can be bullied without repercussion. As for now, this is nothing but memory to me. But, I swear I will not pay Delta another cent in my life.

Expert Review

Erika ArmstrongAirlines Contributing Editor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.    More about Erika→

Originally founded as a crop-dusting company in 1924, Delta is now one of the largest airlines in the world. Each year, more than 160 million travelers fly Delta.

• Business service: In addition to offering business-class seating, Delta also has a Corporate Travel Management division designed for the business customer.
  • Chef-curated menus: For a small additional fee, Delta passengers can enjoy a full meal.
  • Worldwide destinations: Delta offers flights to more than 325 destinations in 60 countries across six continents.
  • Trip protection: Add trip protection to your flight so that any cancellations or problems allow you to get reimbursed for the cost of the trip.
  • Vacation price pledge: Participating travelers can get a refund for the price difference if the same vacation package is available for less, plus additional credit toward future Delta vacations.
  • Best for Vacationers, business travelers and holiday travelers who enjoy top quality service.

Compare Airlines