2. Travel
  3. Airlines

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.91/5
Based on 1,747 ratings submitted in the last year

Delta Air Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Air Lines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Air Lines?

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

I had a great experience with delta on Friday the 19th. My 18 year old son was flying to Italy alone. When he left the Salt Lake City airport he was negative for Covid. For some reason when he got to Atlanta, he tested positive. That meant he couldn't go forward and couldn't come home. It was his first time away from home and he had a complete meltdown. My son comes from a town with 600 people in Idaho and knows nothing. He called home crying so hard he could hardly speak. Long story short.... Mia ** one of your agents at the Atlanta airport got on the phone with me and took care of my son! She made sure he had another covid test, a hotel, an uber AND put him on another flight. She was so kind to me and kept me informed of everything. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

Delta airlines exceeded any expectation, they helped me Transport my disabled mother from Medford Oregon to Casper Wyoming, in the course of one day, I flew from Casper at 615am with 1 layover in Utah, and made it to Medford in under 4 hours, one way, not knowing if my mother would be able to travel back that day? Well, she was ready, and I was so happy to see her, it had been, 27 years since I saw her, her health had declined so that she was unable to live alone, and a nursing home was out of the question, she had raised me with love and affection, now it was my turn to do the same!

Back to our same day flight, delta was able to get us on a plane at 1.15PM, they made sure we had seats together at the front of the plane and always boarded us first, even with a low price economy ticket, transporting my mother from her wheelchair to a smaller, more narrow chair and it took two employees to make the swap each time, they are very professional and took the best care of us, always wearing masks, ppe, keeping us safe, I can't say enough, I know they are taking huge pay cuts as a company, but they treated us first class like we were the only passengers. And one last thing, their appreciation of our military was honorable, always boarding them first! Delta airlines is the best! Much love and respect to you all!

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

In February 2020, I flew Delta knowing I had a medical bag I had to bring with me while I couldn't check my other regular bag. I was flying with a big group of people, and checking bags wasn't an option. So, I called the customer service line to ensure that my medical bag wouldn't count as my checked bag. When I boarded the plane, the lady scanning tickets was extremely rude about my extra bag and made me feel guilty for having an extra bag for medical equipment. I cannot travel without this extra bag, so it's impossible to negotiate. I informed her that I called customer service and they said my medical bag doesn't count as my carry on. She was very rude and seemed extremely annoyed about it. I was very frustrated with the situation and disappointed in Delta.

Now, here I am again in October 2020 facing a similar issue. I decided to call customer service again to ensure medical bag policies haven't changed due to COVID. The gentleman that I spoke with was beyond helpful. He went ahead and made a note in my account that I have to bring this extra medical bag, so I wouldn't face any troubles at the gate. Furthermore, because of my medical condition, he went ahead and reserved me a safer seat on the airplane for my travels. He was extremely kind and understanding. He gained my trust and respect back for Delta. I wish I would've gotten his name so he could be recognized. I really appreciated his generosity and willingness to make me comfortable, safe, and happy. I'm a satisfied Delta customer once again.

Original review: April 23, 2020

I am a travel advisor and I had to assist a client with a trip cancellation due to COVID 19. I wish I had the name of the young lady I spoke to about this, but I don't. I was on hold for about 2 minutes and a very pleasant reservation agent answered. My client's flight had changed drastically, and I was seeking a full refund. This young lady, who told me she had been repurposed from being a Flight Attendant to a Reservation Agent because of the large volume of calls they were receiving. I had a pleasant, short interaction with her and she was able to cancel and issue a refund to my clients. For anyone in the Travel Industry, this is a hard time to be dealing with so many cancellation requests, as I can certainly attest. She was lovely, pleasant, friendly and humorous at the same time. I was pleasantly surprised, and because of her, I will be booking more clients with Delta Airlines.

Original review: March 13, 2020

Delta has comfortable seating for some like myself that is over 6ft tall. It was very hard for me to find an airlines with comfortable seating with enough leg room for my height of 6' 3". Over the past 5 years I have used 4 different airlines for either business or personal travel. Delta has the best leg room hands down. Plus the entertainment amenities that is provided as a standard feature is great.

My wife and I met in Orlando to visit family and vacation when she there on a business trip. Her business trip ended and we met with family and vacationed. While on vacation I bragged to her and family about how Delta's seating and amenities were great compared to other airlines we had flown on together and separate. It must have made a lasting impression because on her recent business trip, she was able to get her flight on Delta and was impressed. She was very glad she listened to me and appreciated my honest bragging. She also stated that she will be trying to get all business trips booked through Delta but vacations we will absolutely fly Delta.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

Original flight delayed for maintenance issue so was rescheduled to a 2nd flight which was also delayed in Vegas. So Delta knew our plane was delayed 4 hours before we got there and when our plane got to Atlanta at 905pm and the last plane to Norfolk was scheduled to leave at 915pm did not wait for us. Left while we were running to plane and no hotel was given. So instead of spending this Valentine morning with my wife stuck in airport. Wishing I had taken American Airline. Tried calling in complaint. Was told could make complaint on the phone with customer support rep. Had to make online so will be putting this complaint online everywhere. Waiting for response.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

In December 2020, I booked a flight with Delta. I paid $384 for the ticket. I had to cancel due to contracting MRSA staph after a back surgery. I called to reschedule. They said they were waiving the “change fee” but the price had gone up $53. I paid that. Had to cancel the second time because of complications with the MRSA staph that led to two subsequent surgeries. I just called to reschedule. They said that they were waiving the “change fee.” However, the price had gone up another $183! When I booked the trips before it was Christmas. Now it’s gone up another $183 at the end of February! They would not help me. I will not fly Delta again and will let others know my experience.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

I don’t know where to start. My flight was canceled twice... First time - unannounced and they moved my flight 6 hours earlier two weeks after I booked. The second was 5 hours before my flight for weather. I was told they would upgrade my seat for free if seats were available 30 minutes before the flight. I am Delta Reserve member and have been flying Delta since I joined the military 12 years ago. I proceeded to check at the gate exactly 30 minutes before my flight (Delta app showed 15 comfort and 7 first class available). The agent at the gate said it is not policy. I am not sure how this is accurate as the previous connecting flight upgraded and is the one who gave me the information...

I’ve been a Delta Reserve card member for 12 years and this is going to be my last flight with Delta after the lack of professionalism shown. No remorse, no empathy, no trust, and no honor with what was said. The agent said she could call a “red coat” over to assist and after discussion the situation with the red coat she told me she would not upgrade. I asked if she was choosing not to or if she couldn’t and she wouldn’t answer me. Upon boarding I took a picture of all the available open seats in Comfort and 1st class (over 20 in total). Gate 29 (2/1/202) 2100 gate/ticketing in agents = the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I recommend they read “kick ** customer service” because they need help and just lost a lot of business.

Before taking off the pilot came to my aisle to ask if everything was going to be alright. After explaining the situation he then told me to follow up with a review. He understood what happened and I do feel bad if I “scared the front desk agent,” but unfortunately I think Deandra was just bitter and told the crew I was a “flight risk.”

I want to reiterate that the crew was very pleasant, but the ticketing staff needs to retrained and replaced. That was the worst customer service and community of care I have ever received from a service industry. With the pandemic I am sure they can find much better agents to represent Delta. The ones I worked with at 29A were awful.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

Delta Air Lines I am about to get on a flight and pay for WiFi just so I can go on every available platform and write reviews of my experience with Delta today. I have always thought y’all had the best customer service and paid more to fly y’all instead of others. Not only has my flight been delayed 4 times and still not even on it. I was supposed to leave at 1655 today. I am still in Tampa and don’t even know if I will have a connecting flight from Atlanta to Memphis.

Y’all have not been helpful. Your staff has argued that I didn’t pay for a first class ticket when I give them my confirmation number and show pic of ticket. I don’t know what else I can show. The woman that changed my ticket said to call y’all for a refund and y’all won’t give me one and everyone has been so incredibly rude. Y’all are saying you can’t refund me and I can’t sit in first class and I have been delayed four or five times. I am DONE with Delta. I understand delays out of your control but I do not understand the horrible service I have received today!!!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2020

We purchase tickets to fly to Orlando Florida. They keep changing our itinerary and then the fly back home time didn't make sense which will make us to lose our fly. I call for talked to someone about the problem and they have me in he phone waiting for more than one hour until I go tired of waiting and hang up. You people really are incompetent and point provide a good services. I understand that because Covid 19 There are some situation but your job is be sure your passengers are taking care and satisfied which I am not. We spent almost 1400 $ dollars in tickets and expect that you provide good services. Now I have to call tomorrow again to try to talked to someone to fix our problem. Is not the first time this happen. I have friends that had same problem. In few word not very happy about it which will make me think twice before I will use your services in the future and I give one star because there is nothing less than that.

Delta Air Lines author review by Erika Armstrong

Originally founded as a crop-dusting company in 1924, Delta is now one of the largest airlines in the world. Each year, more than 160 million travelers fly Delta.

• Business service: In addition to offering business-class seating, Delta also has a Corporate Travel Management division designed for the business customer.

• Chef-curated menus: For a small additional fee, Delta passengers can enjoy a full meal.

• Worldwide destinations: Delta offers flights to more than 325 destinations in 60 countries across six continents.

• Trip protection: Add trip protection to your flight so that any cancellations or problems allow you to get reimbursed for the cost of the trip.

• Vacation price pledge: Participating travelers can get a refund for the price difference if the same vacation package is available for less, plus additional credit toward future Delta vacations.

by Erika Armstrong Airlines Contributing Editor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.

Delta Air Lines Company Information