3.51/5
Based on 1,989 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a travel site?

Delta Air Lines

Looking for a travel site?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Delta Air Lines Reviews

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

OMG. I did it so on October 23 this was my very first time flying. Nervous is a understatement. I about crapped my pants. Not to mention i had 4 children under the age of 10 to accompany me. As i boarded the plane it was pretty much smooth even though I did not know what to expect. At take off my 5 year old daughter screamed her lungs off i'm sure scaring other passengers. As a mom I had to stay calm even though my heart was in my stomach. In the air i was a nervous wreck but it's not like I could get off. The turbulence omg omg omg it was consistent even freaked me out more.

Once the flight attendant Kara and Jay found out it was my first flight they treated me so very well. They continued to check on me and my children. I had a couple drinks before i realized it i'm like what turbulence. If i could have tipped these two I would but they were not allowed to take tips. Kara and Jay you guys were awesommmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee sauce and I appreciate you all so so so so so so so very much and I wish them best of luck.

Original review: June 23, 2019

Our last 2 experiences with Delta have really helped restore my faith in humanity. About a month and a half ago, my wife and 6 y/o daughter missed their flight due to weather and terrible traffic. Long story short, they were put on the next flight. My wife asked if they needed her card number and the girl in customer service said, “We're not gonna charge you.” I almost fell over. A few days ago, there was a mix up in flights (again it was OUR mistake, not Delta’s). We were traveling with our 2 children and my mother in law. Luckily we called ahead to confirm. Turns out, my mother in law was departing out of a different airport. Again, they fixed the issue (the DAY before the flight no less) and AGAIN, didn’t charge us. After these experiences, I would HIGHLY recommend Delta to anyone. Keep it up! Unfortunately, we threw the paper out with these awesome employees’ names.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: April 26, 2019

Since 2009 I have flown to Philippines for personal and business purposes. After using multiple airlines, Delta comes out on top for superior customer service. The staff are clearly motivated, engaged, and interested in any passenger needs. I appreciate so much that about every hour or so there are staff up and down the aisles offering drinks and one can always go to the kitchen area for more if needed. And the meals and snacks seem to keep coming at just the right intervals.

Sadly the performance on partner Korean Air fails to meet Delta standards and on their flights I feel I'm dying of need for food or drink long before it's offered and the staff at the Korean Air gate act as if Delta ticket holders are imposters. I've been using Korean Air lately because I'm most comfortable with seat choice on the 747 and mourn the loss of that plane from your Delta fleet -- guess I'm just old fashioned but there is something irreplaceably comforting about a 747 4 engine aircraft with such an impeccable and decades long safety record. As a repeat flyer I would gladly pay extra for a Delta 747 seat to help pay for the higher fuels costs -- couldn't you reconsider its demise and offer it as a special option? Anyway, many thanks for your ongoing top performance and yes I will continue to fly Delta and partners.

Original review: March 31, 2019

Highly recommend, the best company, excellent in customer service. My daughter booked two trips next month from American Airline and Delta. When I did change today, the two companies response are totally different. Delta customer service is excellent, they respond to the phone call immediately, an agent on phone resolving the issue with a warm heart, do the best assistant me, you will feel the world is beautiful because there are beautiful people.

Amerian Airline customer service is horrible. It not just waiting for 30 minutes to get a response. Also the agent on the phone is heartless, Cold. The ticket is $1200. The agent refuses correction ticket, credit or refund. The flight schedule is a half month from today, make me total confuse, it is a conspiracy that big company (AA) cheater customers and take advantage of consumers. The response from Both Airline Company, The Result is: AA is the worst Airline Company. Delta is the best company, they are beautiful people and make the world a beautiful Place to live. Highly Recommend!!

Original review: March 18, 2019

I had to fly to SLC for treatment Feb 26th. The unexpected snowstorm put us in a state of emergency. Zero communication, no power. After 6 adjusted flights, closed interstate, weather etc., 20 hr delay, I finally made it to my appt. The next morning I am so ready to get home; I miss my flight. Meltdown. When I used the “Need Help” phone Lindsay answered, within minutes instructed me to reprint my boarding pass, nonstop, find G F11, and said “was glad to be able to help.” Forever grateful. No extra charge for this 7th change either. I was a Basic Economy 1st flyer; Delta treated me like 1st Class. Though I believe they are like that with everyone. Such excellent service with sincere concern. Also I will follow policy; it was my fault I missed my flight, Delta made me feel it wasn’t.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Air Lines?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

The airlines I typically utilize for business and personal needs is Alaska Airlines. Over the holidays we flew on Delta as they had a nonstop to Minneapolis which is unavailable with Alaska Airlines. The seating was beyond uncomfortable, the seats were so small with very little leg room and we are not large people. I don't know how anyone that is somewhat large, tall or someone with a disability can manage. Needless to say these seats were the "Comfort Seats" that cost us over $300 for the extra legroom. I can not imagine what the seating is like in the Economy section of the plane. Not only is it uncomfortable but it seems dangerous to squeeze so many people so close together with no room to move your legs.

I will NEVER fly Delta again and will not hesitate to share this opinion with anyone who cares to listen. I rarely complain about things but my astonishment at the greed of this airlines as they place as many seats as possible at the cost to its consumers is just unfathomable. I just read an article that stated some airlines, Delta being one of them is going to start making the bathrooms smaller in order to put in another row of seats. Unbelievable.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Hi, I'd like to file a serious complaint against a Delta Airline gate agent working at San Jose International Airport. Her name is DENISE (as shown on name tag) and is a ** young lady with curly hair. She behaved VERY rudely to my husband and I as we waited to board the plane. She was untrained and unclear about the sequence of boarding, and as many passengers like us got confused, DENISE called people "stupid" and made many wait painfully as she tried to sort out her problems. I used to have good impression on Delta -- I don't anymore. This lady destroyed the image of Delta and is not professional/helpful to work as a flight agent.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

I was returning from San Antonio to Atlanta from Thanksgiving time with family. I boarded the plane and there comes this 4'6 tall woman needing help with putting her bag in the overhead bin because she's too short to do it. So she asks the flight attendant Michael to help. He immediately smacked his lips, blew air out of his mouth and with his hand on his hips he told her, "I can't help you ma'am, Delta doesn't want us to get hurt." She tells him how tall she is, that's how I know her height, and says, "Ok, you just gone back there and do your job then." Never mind that other flight attendants are helping others put their bags in the overhead bin. Micheal needs to realize that it's not all about what you're saying it's about how you say it.

At the end of the flight, I asked Michael if I could go to the bathroom, once again, it was the smacking of the lips and blowing the air, and he says, "No you have to wait until we stop." It wasn't what he said, it was how he said it. I too, work with guest service all day and night, so I know it can be frustrating at times. But as consumers and customers we can read and feel your body language, your tone of voice, and your attitude. My flight number was 2402, Nov. 29th, 2019, coming from San Antonio to Atlanta 7:05 a.m, was my flight departure time and arrival time was 10:30a.m. Thank you so much.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

I took a flight with Delta from Seattle to Salt Lake City the other day. Things seemed fine at first, however the flight was 30 minutes late and a lot of people that were trying to make a connecting flight in SLC got screwed. But main issue that I have with the company is that when we landed in SLC and I picked up my backpack from baggage claim, it had been severely damage. Some straps that are required for the bag to function properly had been ripped off and are now missing. Also there are a large amount of black markings all down the side, obviously made by their machinery. This was a brand new bag going on to the flight, and coming off of the flight it was shredded. I went to the baggage office in the airport right away, where the woman behind the desk seemed very sympathetic, and assured me that I would just have to buy a replacement bag, file a claim on their website, and they would reimburse me the cost.

Well, after filing my claim (jumping through too many hoops to be considered reasonable), they responded back saying that they would term the damages as "normal wear and tear". This is absurd! They did offer to have it repaired, stating that "I am a one-time exception". Even if the straps are replaced, all the markings will be there forever, always reminding me of how Delta destroyed my property, then denied responsibility. Truly despicable. It is apparent that Delta doesn't care about their customer's needs, if those needs would cost them any amount of money. I will never travel with Delta again!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

I was traveling from Oregon to Florida with a layover in NY, upon leaving I realized I left my wallet in the seat pocket in front of me. I went right back and cleaning crew was in the plane. No one knew anything. All my money cards and wallet was gone. I was hoping later one of them would at least drop wallet in a mailbox after they took the money and cards but no, very bad trip was coming back home from my daughter’s funeral. All the money people gave me was there. And info for her remains was in there. Never a call from Delta or anything. Will never use this airline again.

Delta Air Lines expert review by Erika Armstrong

Originally founded as a crop-dusting company in 1924, Delta is now one of the largest airlines in the world. Each year, more than 160 million travelers fly Delta.

• Business service: In addition to offering business-class seating, Delta also has a Corporate Travel Management division designed for the business customer.

• Chef-curated menus: For a small additional fee, Delta passengers can enjoy a full meal.

• Worldwide destinations: Delta offers flights to more than 325 destinations in 60 countries across six continents.

• Trip protection: Add trip protection to your flight so that any cancellations or problems allow you to get reimbursed for the cost of the trip.

• Vacation price pledge: Participating travelers can get a refund for the price difference if the same vacation package is available for less, plus additional credit toward future Delta vacations.

• Best for: Vacationers, business travelers and holiday travelers who enjoy top quality service.

Profile picture of Erika Armstrong
      Erika Armstrong Airlines Contributing Editor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.

Delta Air Lines Company Information