2. Travel
  3. Airlines

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.47/5
Based on 1,988 ratings submitted in the last year

Delta Air Lines Reviews

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

Myself and 2 girls went to check in and realized one of my daughter's passport had expired (thankful we have Nexus) but custom border was close. Long story short, the check in clerk she (didnt have a name tag and I had forgotten to ask but supervisor's named was Dave) was sooooo accommodating and compassionate towards re-booking (for free) our flights, an extremely limited flight to St. Thomas, I actually was so calm and not even upset with myself that I cant travel until the next day. I was overwhelmed by the level of compassionate and understanding of the staff at Delta airlines. Thank you for making a frustrating human error and turned it into the best circumstances it can be. I am always grateful for you this situation. Thank you Dave and my check in "angel" at YVR airport. I am forever grateful of your generosity.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

OMG. I did it so on October 23 this was my very first time flying. Nervous is a understatement. I about crapped my pants. Not to mention i had 4 children under the age of 10 to accompany me. As i boarded the plane it was pretty much smooth even though I did not know what to expect. At take off my 5 year old daughter screamed her lungs off i'm sure scaring other passengers. As a mom I had to stay calm even though my heart was in my stomach. In the air i was a nervous wreck but it's not like I could get off. The turbulence omg omg omg it was consistent even freaked me out more.

Once the flight attendant Kara and Jay found out it was my first flight they treated me so very well. They continued to check on me and my children. I had a couple drinks before i realized it i'm like what turbulence. If i could have tipped these two I would but they were not allowed to take tips. Kara and Jay you guys were awesommmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee sauce and I appreciate you all so so so so so so so very much and I wish them best of luck.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 23, 2019

Our last 2 experiences with Delta have really helped restore my faith in humanity. About a month and a half ago, my wife and 6 y/o daughter missed their flight due to weather and terrible traffic. Long story short, they were put on the next flight. My wife asked if they needed her card number and the girl in customer service said, “We're not gonna charge you.” I almost fell over. A few days ago, there was a mix up in flights (again it was OUR mistake, not Delta’s). We were traveling with our 2 children and my mother in law. Luckily we called ahead to confirm. Turns out, my mother in law was departing out of a different airport. Again, they fixed the issue (the DAY before the flight no less) and AGAIN, didn’t charge us. After these experiences, I would HIGHLY recommend Delta to anyone. Keep it up! Unfortunately, we threw the paper out with these awesome employees’ names.

Original review: April 26, 2019

Since 2009 I have flown to Philippines for personal and business purposes. After using multiple airlines, Delta comes out on top for superior customer service. The staff are clearly motivated, engaged, and interested in any passenger needs. I appreciate so much that about every hour or so there are staff up and down the aisles offering drinks and one can always go to the kitchen area for more if needed. And the meals and snacks seem to keep coming at just the right intervals.

Sadly the performance on partner Korean Air fails to meet Delta standards and on their flights I feel I'm dying of need for food or drink long before it's offered and the staff at the Korean Air gate act as if Delta ticket holders are imposters. I've been using Korean Air lately because I'm most comfortable with seat choice on the 747 and mourn the loss of that plane from your Delta fleet -- guess I'm just old fashioned but there is something irreplaceably comforting about a 747 4 engine aircraft with such an impeccable and decades long safety record. As a repeat flyer I would gladly pay extra for a Delta 747 seat to help pay for the higher fuels costs -- couldn't you reconsider its demise and offer it as a special option? Anyway, many thanks for your ongoing top performance and yes I will continue to fly Delta and partners.

Original review: March 31, 2019

Highly recommend, the best company, excellent in customer service. My daughter booked two trips next month from American Airline and Delta. When I did change today, the two companies response are totally different. Delta customer service is excellent, they respond to the phone call immediately, an agent on phone resolving the issue with a warm heart, do the best assistant me, you will feel the world is beautiful because there are beautiful people.

Amerian Airline customer service is horrible. It not just waiting for 30 minutes to get a response. Also the agent on the phone is heartless, Cold. The ticket is $1200. The agent refuses correction ticket, credit or refund. The flight schedule is a half month from today, make me total confuse, it is a conspiracy that big company (AA) cheater customers and take advantage of consumers. The response from Both Airline Company, The Result is: AA is the worst Airline Company. Delta is the best company, they are beautiful people and make the world a beautiful Place to live. Highly Recommend!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Air Lines?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

Damaged baggage procedure from the flight from January 2019 is never to end. What one should do to have it concluded. A seafarer has been dealing with this for a year now. Numerous e- mails, calls, misinformation that payment has been settled, but actually it has not, not followed up- time gaps filled with silence, family members being embarrassed over x visits to the bank and being sent back, precious work breaks spent resolving and chasing assistance, new account opened specifically for this case in order to do something from my side and still nothing. An ongoing nightmare with Delta Airlines over a single damaged luggage case. Disgrace!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

I travel as a family of 4 with 2 kids under 6 years of age. As a family we had over 400lbs of luggage allowance and we used less than half and yet the Delta staff made big fuzz about being 3-5 lbs above in a couple of luggages. So we had to bend backwards to redistribute belongings for 30 minutes. Then we get on the flight and we have again allowance to put 4 carry ons in the overhead bins and this century old attendant (just to give a sense of her experience without discrimination) gives us hard time, discrediting the allowance of the two tiny kid’s backpacks and doesn’t let me put my own backpack in the overhead. I tell her she is unreasonable and argue of my rights and she threatens to throw me off the flight!?! This is Delta, a crappy airline without sense of what service business is about and with personnel incapable of using judgement and reason.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I am traveling with my son who has a disability. We arrived at the airport very early on a connecting flight in 3 hours that is half empty. I asked to be put on this earlier flight due to a high winds advisory in my home airport and my son's disability, which makes long waits in a busy place challengings. I provided documentation from weather.com of this advisory. Delta loses nothing by putting me on this earlier flight and only to gain my customer satisfaction. However, their customer service agents refused offering no explanation. Teresa at Montego Bay was my last conversation and she was not polite or helpful. I have routinely made similar switches to an earlier flight on Delta and other airlines even when no wind advisory existed. I will think twice about using Delta again due to this poor service.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

I booked a flight before the holidays and had to make changes, the online system would not let me so I had to call and have an agent cancel the flight. The refund never got posted to my account, which started a bunch of calls from my end and multiple agents trying to figure out what's going on. I have been given multiple conflicting stories and several apologies which still did not fix the problem. A part payment eventually went through and I had to call again and was told "another department deals with this issue, call them". So again more calls were made, this experience has taken close to 4 hours of my time over many calls to get this situation resolved. Delta should have much better safeguards in place for customers' returns of money. Being told that system errors are the cause are not good enough explanations and how many other times could this have happened to customers??

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

Traveled from SFO to MSN (Madison, WI) through Delta. I had the connecting flight from Minneapolis−Saint Paul International Airport to MSN. Since my seat (flight DL 1309, departing at 8:40 pm from MN on 3rd of January 2020) was not allocated I went to the desk requested the woman to allocate my and my wife's seat numbers. She said she was working on that. After an hour I went back to the desk, she rudely responded back with a question, "Did I call your name." I was waiting for the announcement of my name and it never happened. She announced more than 20 people for seat allocation. After the Boarding announcement, I panicked and went back for seat numbers. She gave a rude look and printed 2 boarding passes with seat numbers different rows for me and my wife. When asked her she said 'thats all I can do'. I'm unable to conclude why such a bad treatment to me. Is this because I have a brown skin?

Not sure about Delta Air Lines?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Airlines for you.

Delta Air Lines expert review by Erika Armstrong

Originally founded as a crop-dusting company in 1924, Delta is now one of the largest airlines in the world. Each year, more than 160 million travelers fly Delta.

• Business service: In addition to offering business-class seating, Delta also has a Corporate Travel Management division designed for the business customer.

• Chef-curated menus: For a small additional fee, Delta passengers can enjoy a full meal.

• Worldwide destinations: Delta offers flights to more than 325 destinations in 60 countries across six continents.

• Trip protection: Add trip protection to your flight so that any cancellations or problems allow you to get reimbursed for the cost of the trip.

• Vacation price pledge: Participating travelers can get a refund for the price difference if the same vacation package is available for less, plus additional credit toward future Delta vacations.

• Best for: Vacationers, business travelers and holiday travelers who enjoy top quality service.

by Erika Armstrong Airlines Contributing Editor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.

Delta Air Lines Company Information