3.53/5
Based on 1,987 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a travel site?

Delta Air Lines

Looking for a travel site?

Delta Air Lines Reviews

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

OMG. I did it so on October 23 this was my very first time flying. Nervous is a understatement. I about crapped my pants. Not to mention i had 4 children under the age of 10 to accompany me. As i boarded the plane it was pretty much smooth even though I did not know what to expect. At take off my 5 year old daughter screamed her lungs off i'm sure scaring other passengers. As a mom I had to stay calm even though my heart was in my stomach. In the air i was a nervous wreck but it's not like I could get off. The turbulence omg omg omg it was consistent even freaked me out more.

Once the flight attendant Kara and Jay found out it was my first flight they treated me so very well. They continued to check on me and my children. I had a couple drinks before i realized it i'm like what turbulence. If i could have tipped these two I would but they were not allowed to take tips. Kara and Jay you guys were awesommmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee sauce and I appreciate you all so so so so so so so very much and I wish them best of luck.

Original review: June 23, 2019

Our last 2 experiences with Delta have really helped restore my faith in humanity. About a month and a half ago, my wife and 6 y/o daughter missed their flight due to weather and terrible traffic. Long story short, they were put on the next flight. My wife asked if they needed her card number and the girl in customer service said, “We're not gonna charge you.” I almost fell over. A few days ago, there was a mix up in flights (again it was OUR mistake, not Delta’s). We were traveling with our 2 children and my mother in law. Luckily we called ahead to confirm. Turns out, my mother in law was departing out of a different airport. Again, they fixed the issue (the DAY before the flight no less) and AGAIN, didn’t charge us. After these experiences, I would HIGHLY recommend Delta to anyone. Keep it up! Unfortunately, we threw the paper out with these awesome employees’ names.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 26, 2019

Since 2009 I have flown to Philippines for personal and business purposes. After using multiple airlines, Delta comes out on top for superior customer service. The staff are clearly motivated, engaged, and interested in any passenger needs. I appreciate so much that about every hour or so there are staff up and down the aisles offering drinks and one can always go to the kitchen area for more if needed. And the meals and snacks seem to keep coming at just the right intervals.

Sadly the performance on partner Korean Air fails to meet Delta standards and on their flights I feel I'm dying of need for food or drink long before it's offered and the staff at the Korean Air gate act as if Delta ticket holders are imposters. I've been using Korean Air lately because I'm most comfortable with seat choice on the 747 and mourn the loss of that plane from your Delta fleet -- guess I'm just old fashioned but there is something irreplaceably comforting about a 747 4 engine aircraft with such an impeccable and decades long safety record. As a repeat flyer I would gladly pay extra for a Delta 747 seat to help pay for the higher fuels costs -- couldn't you reconsider its demise and offer it as a special option? Anyway, many thanks for your ongoing top performance and yes I will continue to fly Delta and partners.

Original review: March 31, 2019

Highly recommend, the best company, excellent in customer service. My daughter booked two trips next month from American Airline and Delta. When I did change today, the two companies response are totally different. Delta customer service is excellent, they respond to the phone call immediately, an agent on phone resolving the issue with a warm heart, do the best assistant me, you will feel the world is beautiful because there are beautiful people.

Amerian Airline customer service is horrible. It not just waiting for 30 minutes to get a response. Also the agent on the phone is heartless, Cold. The ticket is $1200. The agent refuses correction ticket, credit or refund. The flight schedule is a half month from today, make me total confuse, it is a conspiracy that big company (AA) cheater customers and take advantage of consumers. The response from Both Airline Company, The Result is: AA is the worst Airline Company. Delta is the best company, they are beautiful people and make the world a beautiful Place to live. Highly Recommend!!

Original review: March 18, 2019

I had to fly to SLC for treatment Feb 26th. The unexpected snowstorm put us in a state of emergency. Zero communication, no power. After 6 adjusted flights, closed interstate, weather etc., 20 hr delay, I finally made it to my appt. The next morning I am so ready to get home; I miss my flight. Meltdown. When I used the “Need Help” phone Lindsay answered, within minutes instructed me to reprint my boarding pass, nonstop, find G F11, and said “was glad to be able to help.” Forever grateful. No extra charge for this 7th change either. I was a Basic Economy 1st flyer; Delta treated me like 1st Class. Though I believe they are like that with everyone. Such excellent service with sincere concern. Also I will follow policy; it was my fault I missed my flight, Delta made me feel it wasn’t.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Air Lines?

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I had an issue with a flight I had booked a year and a half ago, and because of medical issues in my pregnancy, I wasn't able to go. My doctor had written an explanation and I sent it over to Delta. I was issued a credit that would last for a year, which I told the rep wouldn't work because I would be pregnant most of that time and definitely wouldn't be able to fly within the year. FF to now when I was finally able to book a flight. I called the regular customer service, who were nice but unable to help.

I called corporate and this NASTY woman named Margaret refused to even let me finish talking, nor would she allow me to speak to a supervisor. I tried explaining to her that my grandmother who also had medical issues was actually able to get a refund well past the ticket expiration date, but she wouldn't hear it- she kept cutting me off and telling me that she doesn't know anything about my grandmother and that maybe she had some medical issues (which i did as well..) or maybe she had a refundable ticket (she did not, I was the one who handled the situation.). All in all the woman was terrible and it is impossible to get help. I won't be using delta again.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

Delayed flights, missed connections, lost/ delayed baggage, and extremely rude gate representatives have been the voice of my complaints to Delta Airlines during my last (4) flight experiences. I'm done! Calling customer care and other Delta departments regarding change or reimbursement for repeat issues seems to fall on deaf ears. How about giving customers a free repeat flight for your company errors and short comings? Instead 5000 SkyMiles is offered that seem to only equal out to a round trip flight to the store and back for most or better yet "Here Sir please accept this gift card of $75.00 for these affiliate companies as a way of saying sorry that we caused additional hardships".

Does a company like Delta take into consideration that there is indirect damages for a customer representing a company who is traveling on business using such a respected service like Delta Airlines to be late for a business function? Time is money and considering all the high price seating Delta charges to fly, you would think it would care enough about its customers to make things right rather than talk as if there is only so much they can do. Delta should remember that it's because of the little guys like me as customers that their business has grown all these years giving them the name that they have. Furthermore we are also the same voices in today's day and age that will stand up and voice their issues and let others know how that business has since began taking a nose dive on a negative path with its business.

There are many other airlines to choose from, so what is the real incentive to pay more for less service and convenience. Prove me wrong Delta...my last flight confirmation # **. Let's see if you will find me and finally make this right. By looking up my account you will find my name. You will also see the length of service I've had with your company and how consistent I've used your service. It will also give you an idea of what type of customer you are losing.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

Delta’s fares to be good at first, but then add in seat assignment even for the crappy ones and luggage and ya, you should have gone with the other guy! The plane was uncomfortable, and dirty. The gate crews were rude and the stewardess were worthless! We had to pay for ear plugs to watch the screen and then screen never worked the whole time after we complained twice!! Really don’t, bad service. The only thing good I can say about the flights is they were on time.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

I tried to reach Delta today to understand their 24 hour ticket change policy better. When I called the Silver medallion line I was told there was a 1 hour and 50 minute hold or they could call me back. They finally called back after over two hours and the agent could not have been less helpful. He didn't even understand Delta's policies or how they would be applied. His reasoning was that he was in a call center and could only know what he was shown online. It was such a terrible encounter. We travel a tremendous amount and this entire interaction lacked any customer service. I would give Delta a 0 if I could. American Airlines was able to reconcile changes to our return trip in about 10 minutes and even opened up a seat for us on a flight with only 1 seat left. Now THAT is customer service of the highest level. Avoid Delta if you can.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

Makes sure handicap passengers are assisted, very discreet with extender request, very personable flight attendants, had the best experience ever flying to Anchorage, Alaska. Flown Southwest, did not have great experiences, one terrible which the airlines just give a voucher and move on. Delta has caring employees in the air and on the ground. Check in, pleasant.

Delta Air Lines expert review by Erika Armstrong

Originally founded as a crop-dusting company in 1924, Delta is now one of the largest airlines in the world. Each year, more than 160 million travelers fly Delta.

• Business service: In addition to offering business-class seating, Delta also has a Corporate Travel Management division designed for the business customer.

• Chef-curated menus: For a small additional fee, Delta passengers can enjoy a full meal.

• Worldwide destinations: Delta offers flights to more than 325 destinations in 60 countries across six continents.

• Trip protection: Add trip protection to your flight so that any cancellations or problems allow you to get reimbursed for the cost of the trip.

• Vacation price pledge: Participating travelers can get a refund for the price difference if the same vacation package is available for less, plus additional credit toward future Delta vacations.

• Best for: Vacationers, business travelers and holiday travelers who enjoy top quality service.

Profile picture of Erika Armstrong
      Erika Armstrong Airlines Contributing Editor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.

Delta Air Lines Company Information