3.7/5 (661 ratings)

About Delta Air Lines

Delta Air Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Air Lines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Air Lines?

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

My booking for Atlanta at the last-minute was never possible without the assistance of Delta Air Lines. The Delta Air Lines travel agency team in the United States gave me the best deals for the Last-Minute Atlanta Flights Booking as well. I booked Delta Airlines Booking for Atlanta and saved around $40 on my tickets. Thanks a lot again!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

There were a few flights that were overbooked so I chose to volunteer my seat and get on a later flight. Customer service from beginning to end at the Fort Lauderdale Airport on Oct 14 & 15 2021 was impeccable. Tate went above and beyond. Well done Delta!

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

I would like to give a kudos to Brandon, Sheri, and Stan at the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport. They were a huge help in helping my dad with the unaccompanied minor process as well as helping to locate my son's lost ID. Thank you all for being such a huge help even amidst all of the chaos! Sharri

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

Lynne ** was the customer service representative that assisted us with our tickets when we called the 1-800#. When I say at 2am in the morning Mrs ** was personable-kind- patient- professional- knowledgeable and persistent on getting us the BEST prices for our LONG flight to Alaska would be an understatement— Mind you, it was 2am in the morning and she NEVER missed a beat! Phenomenal customer service- is so hard to find but we found it- with Lynne! Thank you so much for your professionalism… The ** from VA.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

I was traveling non rev and missed flight from ATL to BMI. My bag went. I called (on recommendation of the premium line) the BMI baggage and the woman (hate I did not get her name!) found my bag and routed it through Atlanta to Asheville Unbelievable. Yesterday and flight was 1411 to BMI if that helps ID her. Great Delta experience. It is always about the people.

Original review: June 21, 2022

The call to check on delayed baggage was given a hold time of 10 hours??! When it was 4 hours another try, I let my google phone hang on. After 5 hours it beeped to let me know someone picked up. It took 3 days for it to be delivered.

Original review: June 20, 2022

Canceled my flight three hours prior and left me stranded having to find a place to stay at until I could get out the next day and my pets at home were left unattended because of this. They have made no effort to compensate for this and I spent 4hrs and 45min on hold only to be hung up on. Customer service via messaging has lied about how much compensation they can provide. Horrible service and I will never trust to fly with them again.

Original review: June 16, 2022

In January 2022, I booked a flight home...first class. My flight was rescheduled. I was given a seat in coach on both flights! Last week I was flying back from FL to TN. Delta kept delaying my flight later and later. It caused me to have to call out of work at a hospital (I am a nurse). I informed the CSR that I just want a refund. He said that they could do this. Just called Delta, there was no refund in progress. It took 50 min of waiting for that call to begin. When I asked about the first class flight in January, I was told that I had to call another number. I did so. That wait for response is over 3 HOURS!!!! Seriously! Customer service has NO meaning at Delta!

Original review: June 15, 2022

Delta's non-international first class is to me, a waste of money. I travelled from Sarasota, FL to Kansas City International return and spent $293 extra for first class over the comfort plus seating. Both trips were via Atlanta. I had never travelled first with Delta, so thought I would give it a try. You get early boarding, but as your seat is designated, that is really unimportant. There are as much booze and hot/cold drinks as you want, but no food, only snacks. The second leg, ATL-KCI, was over 2 hours. Delta should serve at least a sandwich/yoghurt etc for that duration. As the journey is under 900 miles you are stuck with snacks.

The seats on the Boeing 757-200 and 737-900 have no lumbar support at all and I found them very uncomfortable. Bring a pillow or inflatable cushion would be my advice. On the 737, I was at the back of first class and my seat had zero recline. It was all that was available when I purchased the ticket. I had 2.5 and 3.5 hour waits at Atlanta for the next plane and was hoping as I paid for first class, a lounge would be available. No such luck. You have to be an international traveller or own a special credit card, like Delta's own or I think, AmEx.

On Delta's website, I could not find any info about lounge availability, so emailed them. I'm still waiting for a reply some 3 weeks later. I tried to call, do you really need me to tell you the wait time? It's true you have 21 ins of seat width and 37 inch pitch. But for a lot less money, $293 in my case, you can get Comfort Plus with 34-inch pitch and 17.2 inch width. Very disappointed with value for money, I would not waste my time paying for this seat, you may think differently of course.

Original review: June 13, 2022

Just disgraceful customer service. Flight canceled, their flight to JFK was canceled stranding a few dozen people and no help whatsoever. They even kept the 99 dollars they charged for extra weight on my luggage. The audacity and lack of professionalism of these people is on a whole different level. Just spare yourself the experience and fly with a different airline.

Delta Air Lines author review by Erika Armstrong

Originally founded as a crop-dusting company in 1924, Delta is now one of the largest airlines in the world. Each year, more than 160 million travelers fly Delta.

• Business service: In addition to offering business-class seating, Delta also has a Corporate Travel Management division designed for the business customer.

• Chef-curated menus: For a small additional fee, Delta passengers can enjoy a full meal.

• Worldwide destinations: Delta offers flights to more than 325 destinations in 60 countries across six continents.

• Trip protection: Add trip protection to your flight so that any cancellations or problems allow you to get reimbursed for the cost of the trip.

• Vacation price pledge: Participating travelers can get a refund for the price difference if the same vacation package is available for less, plus additional credit toward future Delta vacations.

by Erika Armstrong Airlines Advisor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.

Delta Air Lines Company Information