3.57/5
Based on 1,989 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a travel site?

Delta Air Lines

Looking for a travel site?

2304 Delta Air Lines Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 23, 2019

Our last 2 experiences with Delta have really helped restore my faith in humanity. About a month and a half ago, my wife and 6 y/o daughter missed their flight due to weather and terrible traffic. Long story short, they were put on the next flight. My wife asked if they needed her card number and the girl in customer service said, “We're not gonna charge you.” I almost fell over. A few days ago, there was a mix up in flights (again it was OUR mistake, not Delta’s). We were traveling with our 2 children and my mother in law. Luckily we called ahead to confirm. Turns out, my mother in law was departing out of a different airport. Again, they fixed the issue (the DAY before the flight no less) and AGAIN, didn’t charge us. After these experiences, I would HIGHLY recommend Delta to anyone. Keep it up! Unfortunately, we threw the paper out with these awesome employees’ names.

Original review: April 26, 2019

Since 2009 I have flown to Philippines for personal and business purposes. After using multiple airlines, Delta comes out on top for superior customer service. The staff are clearly motivated, engaged, and interested in any passenger needs. I appreciate so much that about every hour or so there are staff up and down the aisles offering drinks and one can always go to the kitchen area for more if needed. And the meals and snacks seem to keep coming at just the right intervals.

Sadly the performance on partner Korean Air fails to meet Delta standards and on their flights I feel I'm dying of need for food or drink long before it's offered and the staff at the Korean Air gate act as if Delta ticket holders are imposters. I've been using Korean Air lately because I'm most comfortable with seat choice on the 747 and mourn the loss of that plane from your Delta fleet -- guess I'm just old fashioned but there is something irreplaceably comforting about a 747 4 engine aircraft with such an impeccable and decades long safety record. As a repeat flyer I would gladly pay extra for a Delta 747 seat to help pay for the higher fuels costs -- couldn't you reconsider its demise and offer it as a special option? Anyway, many thanks for your ongoing top performance and yes I will continue to fly Delta and partners.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 31, 2019

Highly recommend, the best company, excellent in customer service. My daughter booked two trips next month from American Airline and Delta. When I did change today, the two companies response are totally different. Delta customer service is excellent, they respond to the phone call immediately, an agent on phone resolving the issue with a warm heart, do the best assistant me, you will feel the world is beautiful because there are beautiful people.

Amerian Airline customer service is horrible. It not just waiting for 30 minutes to get a response. Also the agent on the phone is heartless, Cold. The ticket is $1200. The agent refuses correction ticket, credit or refund. The flight schedule is a half month from today, make me total confuse, it is a conspiracy that big company (AA) cheater customers and take advantage of consumers. The response from Both Airline Company, The Result is: AA is the worst Airline Company. Delta is the best company, they are beautiful people and make the world a beautiful Place to live. Highly Recommend!!

Original review: March 18, 2019

I had to fly to SLC for treatment Feb 26th. The unexpected snowstorm put us in a state of emergency. Zero communication, no power. After 6 adjusted flights, closed interstate, weather etc., 20 hr delay, I finally made it to my appt. The next morning I am so ready to get home; I miss my flight. Meltdown. When I used the “Need Help” phone Lindsay answered, within minutes instructed me to reprint my boarding pass, nonstop, find G F11, and said “was glad to be able to help.” Forever grateful. No extra charge for this 7th change either. I was a Basic Economy 1st flyer; Delta treated me like 1st Class. Though I believe they are like that with everyone. Such excellent service with sincere concern. Also I will follow policy; it was my fault I missed my flight, Delta made me feel it wasn’t.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Hi, I recently traveled through Delta Air Lines with my mom and my cousins to Orlando Florida. My mom wanted to give my cousins a surprise and she thought, "Why not Orlando?" She doesn't travel much but she said she had had the best experience with Delta before. Then, I decided to book the whole group (around 8) tickets with Delta. I traveled and I know that frequently there is delays because mechanical problems, weather etc... My mom is a little paranoiac so when they told us the airplane had issued on our way to Florida and back to Boston we were shocked. I kept calm because of the kids and my mom. They offered us an alternative flight that didn't make sense so we decided to wait.

I won't lie the time we spent in the airport wasn't really pleasant. However they arrange food and drink for us. When I got home I called and told them what I went through with my family. They helped a lot, the customer service is great, I purchased a lot of things. I am a high consumer and I know customer services. I have traveled to Aeromexico, American Airlines, Jet Blue, United. I will still used DELTA again. They are just looking for you to travel safe and have the best experience, so even if the delays are inevitable in any airlines the customer service about arranging alternative flight, food, luggage with Delta Air Lines was the best.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Air Lines?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

So, my wife’s brother passed away and we had to fly to Idaho for the funeral. It’s really far from where we live so it was a long day of traveling. We touched down in Idaho late Friday night September 6th. My wife and I had to wait for almost everyone to exit the plane for her to retrieve her luggage. My bag was at the front of the plane.

This is where it gets interesting. In my tired daze I just walked by the luggage rack and grabbed what I thought was my bag. A flight attendant comes running up to me and says in a very irritated tone, “SIR, ARE YOU SURE THAT’S YOUR BAG?!” I took a second, “I think but…” She didn’t let me finish, “BECAUSE IT’S MINE!!!” The pilot was standing there, “Is this yours? The ugly bag with the broken handle?” I was a little startled by their attitude as this was a simple mistake, “Yes, that one is mine. To be fair, if you all are interested in that sort of thing, they are similar.”

The pilot said some other rude and passive aggressive things while the flight attendant wiped my dirty passenger germs off of her molested bag. As I walked off the other flight attendants joined in talking about me. While I am glad that they banded together to treat me like trash, I do believe they could have handled the situation more professionally or at least treated me like a human being. That’s all right. I’m sure they had a long day and needed to blow off steam. I was in town, from the other side of the country, for a funeral but I’m sure they needed to gang up on a passenger for a simple mistake to get them thru the day. Happy to be of service to you Delta. Fly the friendly skies my old rich ** **!!!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

My family had to go to a funeral but our experience on our flight was the greatest. Our flight was from Tampa to New York City. First of all, ALL of the accommodations from the TVs, comfortable seats, snacks, drinks, but most of our flight attendant Mr. Ronald made our experience great at a sad time. From the first time I saw Mr. Ronald he made me and my family feel welcome getting on and off the flight. It was more rewarding when we were returning home and he was our flight attendant again. He remembered my name and again me and everyone on the flight was welcomed coming on the flight and leaving the flight. It is so hard to get friendly, professional, and hardworking people in the world and I found it in Ronald.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

About a week ago I decided to book a one-way flight with Delta out of Bismark to Minneapolis. Unfortunately, they were one of two airlines flying from there. Everything was going well and I purchased my ticket with a "24 Hour Refund Guarantee." What is very misleading about this is that the airline does not specify which 24 hours these are. You can only get a refund within 24 hours of purchasing the ticket, not before the flight takes place. So with this assumption that the flight could be canceled and refunded as long as there was a 24 hour in advance notice, I booked the ticket.

Unfortunately for me, issues arose. I can no longer take this flight. I tried to cancel the flight online, which I did, trying to get my refund, which I didn't. I then tried to call and get my refund, only to be informed that there is a $200 fee for canceling my flight, and I would only get back what the ticket was worth minus that, a whopping $18 (which can only be used towards another flight). This is at two-plus months away from the flight, there is plenty of time for them to find a replacement for my seat.

After sitting on hold for thirty minutes waiting for a representative, I was once again told there would be no refund, so I asked them to reinstate my ticket. There was no way I was going to allow this company to get double the profit off of my seat, I'd rather it stay empty. I then asked them if the ticket could be transferred to another person, so I could get someone to purchase the ticket from me. The answer is no. Not only that, but the representative on the phone sounded just as frustrated as I was. Lesson learned: I have to click two or three different links to learn what exactly what a "24 Hour Refund Guarantee" is. On top of that, I should know not to trust what a big company shows at face value.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

A total rip off. Delta raised prices when the storm was coming. And it's hard to know what seat to get. The cheapest is for midgets. We were going to fly out but we found out there were only $1,200 seats left. Well you don't pay you're not going. Prices from Melbourne to Atlanta were just crazy. They knew people wanted to get out so prices went through the roof. I saw coach seats going for $800 RT to Atlanta. Normal day is half that. I could go all the way to Sacramento Calif RT for that. Consumer protection is a joke. They let these airlines get away with murder. So does the government. Somebody in DC is getting kick backs. You can count on that.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

My fiancé and I approached the Delta kiosk/teller at JFK airport in NYC and while awaiting our return we noticed a Delta Attendant by the name of Kandice (with a red jacket) displaying a body language and tone that was surprising & discouraging. Initially I thought maybe the customer/traveler was giving her a hard time but that all changed once the traveler left the desk and the remarks of, "** That. I ain’t having it today." were uttered. We then approached her station and greeted her with a welcome hello. In her response we received a nasty smirk with the demand of our passports, :: in my mind I promised not to feed her fire::: so we handed her our passports then soon after we were asked to place our luggage on the scale in a demanding tone (at this point I figured she was either ** or looking for trouble or get fired at that as she displayed no common decency).

I kept my cool and did as she said (my fiancée wasn’t having it at this point -- I can see it in her face). My luggage was 2lbs over and she replied, “Uh uhh you overweight and need to lighten your load.” I replied, "Ok can I put my other luggage on the scale to check and see where I stand with that one?" I got the smirk again???‍♂ I willing fully checked the weight on the other one and was 6 lbs under my limit. At that point I asked her, "Considering this one is lighter can we balance it out without having the need to take articles out and adjust." Her nasty remarks of, "What you need to do is get your bag off the scale and go to a corner and do your thing!" In a once again nasty tone!.... At that point my fiancé commented, "That’s fine but we don’t deserve this type of attitude from you and you could be nicer as well as correct your tone considering we didn’t personally do anything to you..."

That’s when all hell broke loose and she threatened to call security and I agreed and requested security as well but she failed to proceed and yelled, "Get your luggage off the scale." (me: mind blown). At that point I took my luggage off the scale and comment that I was law enforcer and showed my credentials & asked her to show some civil respect to only hear her say, "What? Am I supposed to be scared? Intimidated?" I replied, "No you shouldn’t but you should show common decency..." Her Smirk took place once again “smh”. We then proceeded to a corner station to make weight adjustments and head back to another attendant... a much nicer one at that. I asked for a manager to make a complaint to only find out Mrs. Kandice was the manager (mind blown once again). At that point we checked our bags and received our boarding tickets and headed to our gates.

While exiting the Delta check in area I saw a law officer and approached him and filled him in on my experience and alerted him that I would approach Mrs Kandice to ask for her full name so I can report her as I didn’t want any surprises at the rate she was handling our situation as well as the previous one (the couple before us), he said that’s fine and do so .. I approach Mrs Kandice and suggested that she treat people with respect to only have her talk over me in a ** tone waving her hands in the air (mind blown again l). I also asked for her first and last name and she refused to give me her full name and replied, "You’re a detective. Figure it out."

I chuckled on that note and told her she was unethical especially with her credentials of a manager, she then replied “well you’re a jack**”, I gave up and just left to only make eyes contact with the airport police officer that shook his head in disappointment. With all this being said I personally will never fly Delta ever again and this was my 8th flight with them this year alone. Disgusting, disappointing & unethical, no one should receive-experience that type of treatment regardless of the situation, it’s a service industry & that’s no way to show service.

Delta Air Lines expert review by Erika Armstrong

Originally founded as a crop-dusting company in 1924, Delta is now one of the largest airlines in the world. Each year, more than 160 million travelers fly Delta.

• Business service: In addition to offering business-class seating, Delta also has a Corporate Travel Management division designed for the business customer.

• Chef-curated menus: For a small additional fee, Delta passengers can enjoy a full meal.

• Worldwide destinations: Delta offers flights to more than 325 destinations in 60 countries across six continents.

• Trip protection: Add trip protection to your flight so that any cancellations or problems allow you to get reimbursed for the cost of the trip.

• Vacation price pledge: Participating travelers can get a refund for the price difference if the same vacation package is available for less, plus additional credit toward future Delta vacations.

• Best for: Vacationers, business travelers and holiday travelers who enjoy top quality service.

Profile picture of Erika Armstrong
      Erika Armstrong Airlines Contributing Editor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.

Delta Air Lines Company Information