1.64/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

2126 Delta Air Lines Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

My past experiences with Delta for the past year have been incredibly good. Responsive agents that are extremely friendly, professional and results oriented. Seating upgrades and changing flight dates have gone smoothly with minimum fees. They make me feel like a valued client.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I booked an economy flight from SFO to Aspen and I have been on the phone to two different consultants, and no one can help or give me any sort of solution. I am extremely frustrated and need someone to get back to me as soon as they possibly can. I am willing to buy an ADDITIONAL one-way ticket too from SFO to Aspen, but I was told (over the phone by two different people) that I would lose the rest of my flights going back to SFO. That doesn't make any sense. I don’t understand why a company would say no to MORE money? I am willing to pay a fee to change the flight or even BUY a whole new ticket. Yet, I am NOT happy to lose my flights going back. If you cannot offer a solution, then don't waste your time by even responding to this. A robotic response isn't going to do the trick.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I had to reschedule my return flight ONLY and they wanted me to pay $200 for the penalty AND then ANOTHER FEE on top of it! I will NEVER fly delta EVER again and will always tell people to never fly them. I am beyond pissed. I am not even going to my destination now. I will never use them. I don't even care if they gave me a FREE DAMN FLIGHT.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

We split our time between France and US. So we fly quite often between the two, and we also travel a lot for leisure. So we decided to use around the world tickets, the advantage being it allows you to make stops, change flight schedules etc. without penalties. Additionally, we opted to go Business class with 1st class flights with the latter being carriers who do not have business class. There is an UNSPOKEN EXPECTATION that if you upgrade, you will be allowed to use the lounge.

Long story short, wrong. We flew from Paris to Detroit. Stopped in Detroit, MI for a few days, then flew to Reno, NV. We were able to use the business lounge in Paris, but not able to use the business lounge in Detroit, stating that we could only use it if we continue on to Reno on the same day. Or basically flying continuously around the world? WTF? I am not trying to be entitled or ask for special treatment, but when you pay for business or first class tickets, there is an expectation that you can use the lounges. So I tweeted to Delta and they asked me to PM them with my complaint/feedback. Response I got, it’s basically their policy, and they’re not making exceptions. Again, I was not asking for special treatment nor do I feel as though I am entitled, but there is an expectation when you pay 3-times that of economy.

I write this to let others know, because you have choices for around the world tickets with e.g., “Sky Alliance, and “One World.” Net-net, learn from my mistake. I like flying business because, call it paranoia, but I like being at the airport early so as not to miss my flight, and having the comfort of these lounges. Delta really needs to look at their “around the world policy” as it relates to usage of their lounge.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I flew on November 25th from Atlanta to Johannesburg. It is a fifteen hour flight. The entertainment channels and WiFi was not working. We were all compensated with 5000 miles. I was once given a $100 voucher for a flight from Canada to Fort Lauderdale on American Arline’s for a faulty entertainment system. Delta 5000 is an absolute insult.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Air Lines?

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I am flying through Charles De Gaulle to Atlanta GA. I paid Delta for a seat upgrade about 2 weeks ago. I’ve been checking back and had the seat I had chosen. Today I find out that someone else got my seat even though I paid for an upgrade. And like others have said Delta doesn’t take responsibility, they say it’s Air France. DON'T MAKE AN UPGRADE!!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Delta says, according to the fine print on ticket they have the right to take your luggage at any time and they aren't responsible for it. This gives them the right to STEAL anything out of your luggage and you can't do anything about it. 11/7 I flew from Rochester to New Orleans. We were delayed in Rochester because of mechanical issues. We boarded 2.5 hours late. Delta Air Lines attendants made me check my suitcase at gate. I explained I needed it because I'm disabled and there's medicine in it. They hurried me down the ramp to leave it. On ramp other passengers asked me why they had me check it, because others had theirs. As soon as I sat down I asked flight attendant why & I need my bag. She said she would call to get it in Atlanta. When flight began its descent, I reminded her about my bag. We landed & asked her for my bag. She replied she didn't have a way to contact the ground and to ask someone at gate.

I found a red jacket lady. Again she said she couldn't get it. I told her about my disability and my central nervous system shocks me when I'm tired. Also, I have medicine to help in my luggage. Also said I needed a phone charger. I needed to find ride home since missing my next flight. She said, "They would've gotten your medication but not charger." At this time I was scared for my life. When I get shocked, my legs are knocked out from beneath me. I arrived in Lafayette 5 hours later than expected. Unpacked the next day and realized my cash was gone and medication. There are no words to convey my feelings. I've explained that money was to pay my bills and scared I'll be evicted. Now know I needed to refuse giving my stuff without going through it, but my brain damage doesn't allow me to think on my feet. I ONLY knew that I had my most prized possessions.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

My children were on a flight to Buffalo this morning with Delta and my daughter needed to use the bathroom really bad. She asked them and they said no. She could not go at the time. She related to them the urgency, they came back and told her that they asked the pilot and he said no she cannot go. My daughter started sweating and crying and ended up urinating on herself. I believe this was very inappropriate for them to not understand the urgency in this. This was very uncomfortable and humiliating to her. I was not there with her and I'm very, very upset. I would not give this airline any stars if I could. It was a horrible experience for my children.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Delta SKYMILES #: **. Shockingly awful experience and further validation why I try to avoid Delta. Booked a flight to make a birthday 75th birthday dinner for my dad. My first flight (Delta) was delayed significantly by 1.5+ hours. When we landed at the connecting terminal, Detroit, I asked the flight attendant to let the second flight (also Delta) know we arrived as we had 10 minutes until takeoff. She shrugged and said it would be fine and to run. I and several other passengers ran to the gate for the second flight and the airplane was gated but we weren’t allowed on it. See below pictures of the airplane at the gate that everyone on the first flight was denied entry.

I could not make the birthday dinner party with the other flight offered and asked for a refund and to be returned home. I was told I would not be refunded and to go home. I would need to purchase another ticket. Absolutely shocking! Delta: 1) Did not communicate with itself about the connecting flight being delayed. 2) When explicitly asked to notify the gate refused to do so. 3) When I asked to go home and be refunded was told I had to buy my own ticket home and no refund so it is cheaper for me to sit here in the airport, fly to St. Louis, then fly back to Toronto.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I like to fly with Delta Air Lines, we had a flight delay so my wife could not wait for me at the airport for 3 hours so they also managed to find me a limo with bostonlimousine.com to drive me home. I recommend Delta for all your flight needs.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

My wife and I (needing wheelchair service) were traveling from Mumbai to Pasco (WA) via Amsterdam with Jet Airways in the first leg. Jet Airways' gate crew showed up more than one hour late while passengers and air crew waited. We reached Amsterdam two hours late and by the time we were brought to the gate to catch Seattle flight, the gate was closed but the plane was still at the gate. We were denied boarding and booked to Minneapolis flight leaving three hours later. We boarded the plane on time and sat in the plane for the next 8 hours and were given many different excuses for getting late including unavailability of ground equipment to push the plane out. It had started snowing also. Fights to Detroit and Chicago were to leave at the same time as ours and they left but we did not. After about six hours we were informed that we are now leaving and went for de-icing.

After de-icing we were brought back to the gate and informed that the flying crews' time is over and the plane will not leave until tomorrow afternoon. During this 8 hour ordeal we were given water and a cookie. After deplaning we were informed that Delta will not provide any support (phone call, food and hotel are required by rule) and we should make our own arrangements for everything. It was around 9 pm in December and the Delta lady left us at the gate without even providing wheelchair services. In the absence of any support and being in an unknown country at night time, we had no choice but to spent night at the airport. We were at the airport for about 27 hours without any support. We reached home in USA about 30 hours late and missed one day's work. I should also mention here that we both are diabetic and my wife has many other health issues thus requiring wheelchair to move.

After reaching home, I contacted Delta and they offered 10k miles for our troubles which I refused. As per the European rules, Delta must give us 600 Euros ($700) as a minimum and also compensate for 30 hours delay in reaching destination. After phone call and several emails/letters, Delta offered $200 gift from their catalog which also I refused. They are not compensating us for anything. They are telling me that it's Jet Airways that was delayed and I should take up the matter with them.

I did not buy tickets from Jet but from Delta on their website and Delta has contract with Jet. Our contracts were with Delta and hence they are responsible for all our troubles and should compensate accordingly. I would like to bring it to attention of all travelers, especially to India by Delta and their partners like KLM. Their partner Jet Airways flights are notoriously late within and outside India and they also do not offer any help or support if delayed and lost connections. Be careful.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

Delta has ripped me off. For my most recent trip to Europe they simply refused to give me mileage credit even though I paid the normal fare. They said I had to go beg their partner KLM for the miles which KLM apparently took from Delta. All my dealings were with Delta. Apparently KLM is playing games with Delta so I got the shaft. I needed those miles for my medallion status and Delta told me to go pound sand. This is the last time I pay extra to take Delta when there are so many other, cheaper flight alternatives these days. At least I didn't have to sit in dog poop like the guy last week. Delta is off my list for good!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

On my flight DL 1473 SAT 10 Nov 2018 conf No. GP7HZS TO Orlando had forgotten to take my diabetic and BP medication so asked the flight attendant for water who told me it will be 2$ and we don't accept cash only credit card. I said ok no problem for that. He just moved away. After some time (half of the flight time) while he was passing by I showed my card and asked for water. He just acknowledged and move away. I didn't understand what I asked made him do that so thought maybe he misunderstood or misheard so waited for his return. This time he just ignored me and offered water to a passenger behind me. As there was another flight attendant I asked her for water which she did with hesitation.

Now I want to ask Delta Airlines why, is asking water too much or is there some other reason I don’t know about as I had paid for my flight + for seats + baggage and didn't ask water for free so I assume me being Indian not human! Did it just that I don't need anything from you guys but at least treat your passengers regardless of colour and ethnicity. This incident has disturbed me so much that I may not travel in Delta ever again and will let other travel forums know your work ethic.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Had a problem in Detroit getting baggage for a connecting flight, encountered BOB ** who could not have been more helpful. My bag got lost, he got me on my flight in time to get to Boston, he found my bag, got it on the next flight to Boston and had it delivered to my house before the end of the day!! KUDOS to Delta, you have a great employee in BOB **, I would hire him for my company in 2 seconds... Thank you again Bob.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

So I tried being a loyal customer to Delta. I joined the Frequent Flyer membership, got a fancy credit card with a high annual fee, and exclusively flies Delta even if the price was a little higher. Well they’ve burned me far too many times. First burn. I upgraded my seat on an international flight and for whatever reason they screws up the seating chart, I called and emailed numerous times and showed the front desk the email which they of course gave two ** about, I call Delta to get refunded since I didn’t get what I purchased and they said I have to call Air France. Lol but they processed the payment. Needless to say I never got my refund.

Strike two. I’m flying international again, this time with my pregnant wife. I have a decent amount of miles, as does my wife since we are both frequent Delta travelers. I call Delta to upgrade my tickets to comfort or Delta One and it’s like pulling teeth. They simply cannot take people’s money. I tell them I’m willing to pay, use miles, or do whatever. I just want to put my wife in a better seat and they basically tell me to ** off. So after five hours with customer service and numerous changes to my itinerary I end up in worse seats than I had.

Now as a customer I’m pissed, but as an investor I’m concerned. How do you make a profit if you can’t take a customers money for an upgrade to first class. I’m highly disappointed with Delta, and furious that they wouldn’t respond to my complaint. Conclusion: I’m giving Alaska airlines my business. They have a decent credit cards and amazing mileage program: sure Delta’s miles never expire, but that’s because you can’t use them.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

ZERO STARS. My fiancée and I booked what would have been a once-in-a-lifetime trip from Dulles-IAD through Atlanta to Key West, through Delta. We did everything in our power to make it right. We booked seven months in advance and showed up at the airport four hours early. But then Delta delayed our connecting flight causing us to arrive late to Atlanta, then they rescheduled, and rescheduled, and rescheduled, and changed the gate, and changed the gate, leaving us stranded wandering around Atlanta while they figured out they couldn't get us to our destination.

After a day stuck in the Atlanta airport we finally managed to catch a redeye back to DC, only to have them lose all of our bags in the process. I would call their level of incompetence criminal, only criminals would be more organized than this. We're out thousands of dollars and absolutely disgusted. How can anyone be this disorganized? We will never fly again due to this experience.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

I had a great Delta experience from SNA CA to MSP MN and again my returning flights. Everyone was happy and helpful, they offered drinks, snacks a couple times on my 3 hour trip. I usually take Sun Country, not anymore!!! Huge difference in customer service for sure!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

Left Milwaukee on Friday 3:00 pm back Edmonton Canada. Plane delayed three times due to mechanical issues. Force to fly out very late and stay overnight in Minneapolis. Slam landing into Minneapolis runway. No wonder they do not respect their equipment and have mechanical issues. More like induced safety issue to the equipment to me.

Delta would only provide a voucher for overnight hotel - would not pay for night meals or morning breakfast. My company I work for has to pay for the induced pain on them which is not right. Not ethical. Waited for an hour late night Minneapolis airport to request for luggage back to go to the hotel to sleep. Asked one of the red coats “what is the customer complaint process”. "Customer complaints process sir? We are doing our best sir." as he walked away with his back towards me. Guess there is none then with that response. Still waiting... with no feedback... but the luggage appears mysterious at the door.

Leave Saturday on my way home to Edmonton but landed in and found out my luggage did not come with me. Delta makes a announcement all luggage will be off loaded on the large baggage conveyor. All the passengers move to that location. Still no luggage but... Passenger says they are unloading to bag terminal 3. Everybody moves back. Still could not locate my travel bag.

Notice families with young’s looking children looking for their luggage as well. But wait they made an announcement that plane maximum weight was exceeded and they left baggage behind while the hunting club heading to Edmonton Canada was able to claim their 15 rifle cases while business and young family travelers we going home with no luggage. Delta’s bottom line is we make sure rifle cases gets to the location first where they are going at expense of business travellers and young family travellers. Their literature says you get your luggage the same day but it not come till tomorrow from the US. Bottom line - Never travel during hunting season as you will be the outcome of the service and the sacrifice that is made.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Just had very bad experience. Booked flights from USA to Europe months ago, but now, a week before we are scheduled to leave Delta canceled my original flights and everything had to be rebooked. On the rebooking my trip was changed from one change of planes to two change of planes on both outgoing and return trips. Total travel time increased by about 5 hours each way. And on the return trip I was downgraded from premium economy seats to regular coach economy.

Both my wife and I have medical issues and these changes in travel itinerary are extremely inconvenient. I checked the flight leg on which they downgraded my seats and there are plenty of first class seats available. They could easily provide a complimentary upgrade to compensate us for our troubles, but will not do so. No way for us to cancel our trip at this point, so will very reluctantly be traveling next week on our downgraded rebooked flights. Pretty unhappy about the whole mess! We are both Delta frequent flyers, and bought our tickets on the Delta website using a Delta credit card, but none of this seems to matter with Delta.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I paid 404 dollar for my flight from Virginia to Chicago so I can arrive at 9 pm on October 26. Delta delayed my flight so I missed my connection flight in Atlanta so they said, "Go to Atlanta and we will book hotel for you and book your flight in the 2nd day." They lied and no hotel provided and I slept in airport for 2nd say flight. I paid extra Money to arrive to Chicago. I am doctor and they delayed me and did not provide a hotel even they promised they will. Worse airline in my life. I fly a lot and Delta is worse so far.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I recently traveled out of the country with Delta, on my way back, I wanted to drop off in Atlanta to see a family member that was in the hospital. Delta insisted that I should pay $365 for not continuing my flight to Maryland.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

My wife had a travel plan on OCT 21st, 2018 from Detroit to Hyderabad via (Detroit to Chicago - Delta Air Lines DL3696) and further (Chicago to Hyderabad, via Delhi halt - Air India AI0126). Serious Trip Disturbances: Originally, At Detroit Delta DL3696 Planned to travel 9:55 am and reached destination Chicago by 10:14 am Chicago time. So that connecting flight Air India at Chicago starts by 1:30 PM, having overlay time around 3 hours.

As Detroit Delta DL3696 Air Lines delayed due to flight technical problem, it was started at Detroit ~ 12 PM and reached at Chicago 12:20 PM. So my wife had very little time about 1 hr overlay about to start international flight. My wife faced a lot of serious tension, stress, has to run from terminal 2 at Chicago to catch train to reach terminal 5 international flight AIR INDIA. Has to take boarding pass, security check and go to GATE. All everything went very hurry and seriously stressed without a lunch, went too bad hungry. By this time all passengers are boarded in flight. All this is because of Delta Air Lines, not providing ample amount of overlay time at Chicago.

Miscommunication: Delta Air Lines while taking boarding pass, Delta representative said our checked in baggage to be collected at Delhi, India and go for immigration check along with baggage rechecked in - but this was not happened at Delhi, India - Air India. The Air India representative at Delhi informed to my wife as Immigration and baggage will be at final destination Hyderabad, India. Misleading communication leads to unnecessary wrong directions for first time travelers. My Wife is very much disturbed again. Baggage missing at Final destination: As we checked in two baggages at Detroit with Delta. Finally at destination we received only one checked-in baggage, other one is missing. We raised complaint for tracing at Hyderabad. It was under investigation now. I believe, this was also happened due to less overlay time at Chicago in transferring baggage from Delta Air Lines to Air India airlines.

Again Miscommunication : When I tried to track baggage at Delta website, it was shown as baggage drop off at Chicago and customer call respective is not explaining where is the exact location and informing me to check with Air India. Bad Situation with Air India: Air India does not have Baggage tracking web option at all. They were saying after baggage missing, should give complaint, they start investigation on that. The total journey of my wife went too bad and seriously stressed to my wife. I would inform Delta Air Lines to provide good compensation (for delay interruption leads to my wife stressed without lunch meal happened, misleading communication, baggage missing).

Air India should also take responsibility for without baggage tracking option. The Missing baggage has items 1. Personal old laptop worth 25K INR, Precious sarees worth 25K INR, Gifting items to my relatives - 5K INR, one Old mobile Samsung phone worth 5K. I have my travel insurance also, I am doing followup with them on delay/lost baggage compensation. But Delta, Air India should provide good compensation for delay interruption leads to my wife stressed without lunch meal happened, misleading communication, baggage missing and make customers happy journey.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I purchased tickets for my wife and me to fly Delta Comfort+ on our honeymoon this coming May 2019 (totaling $2400). I thought this would be a good excuse for us to splurge a bit and upgrade to First Class for at least part of the flight (Upgrade Cost: $690.58). I called in to make it happen, and Delta was experiencing a "Processing Error" when running the card. After 20+ minutes later and rep trying multiple times (she was very nice by the way) her supervisor had to manually run the card for it to go through. Later that day, my wife called me very concerned as she should have been because there were (8) total charges of $690.58 equalling $5,524.64 debited from our account.

After calling in, they said, "You'll have to wait 24-48 hours for the charges to be removed." I explained it doesn't matter, as far as the bank is concerned they are "real" charges until that time, and over $5,500 of our money is not accessible because of Delta's error and that they should do something about the inconvenience. Between the 20+ minutes on the phone trying to upgrade and give them more of my money, only to get hit with their error and lose access to $5,500+. I have lost time, money (temporarily), had to talk with my bank multiple times, had to transfer money into that account so we would not go negative after autopayments went through, etc...

Regardless of how much we make (and we do not make a lot) $5,500 is a lot of money to anyone other than Delta Airlines. My wife and I were Delta ONLY flyers before this, but now I believe we need to move on if they are not going to do anything to justify or compensate their error. **, they should upgrade the rest of our flight, provide miles, or something!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

They gave me the opportunity to pick my seat, which I did, and I was never given the seat I picked. My Itinerary was changed more than twice. Initially, I was supposed to fly from Baltimore to Atlanta to Lagos. Later, it was changed from Baltimore to (1st class) Atlanta to (1st class) New York to Lagos. Finally, my last Itinerary stated that I will now fly from Baltimore to Atlanta to Lagos, which made me very happy that I will not have to go to New York. NOOO, it was receptive, I had to go to Baltimore to Atlanta to New York to Lagos, I was given one of the worst seats on the plane, and the initial 1st class from Baltimore to New York was taken away also. I am so disappointed.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Flying First Class on Friday Oct. 12 from Austin, TX to Burbank, CA, flight DL 2888 to SLC and DL 3614 from SLC to BUR was very nice and great service, was served a nice small meal on flight DL 2888 from AUS to SLC. On my way back, flying first class again, on Monday Oct. 15, flight DL 4620 to SLC and DL 503 from SLC to AUS, you had a choice out of the SNACK basket and that was IT, No small meal offered. All I had to eat that day was a breakfast. That is not what I call FIRST CLASS flying, I was very disappointed with the NO small meal offered and felt that I had wasted the FIRST CLASS flying. The lavatory smelled like urine, was one of the first to use the lavatory, didn't feel it was cleaned properly and found garbage in the back seat pocket.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I just completed a flight from DTW to MCO and thought I would check my SkyMiles account for MQM and mileage credits. Well there wasn't any. I called Delta to see why and they said when you use Miles and cash, there is no credit for anything, even though you are a frequent flier (Platinum and also Diamond in prior years) with them for many years. The subtle distinction is that if you book and use miles to credit your fare, you get MQM's and miles to your SkyMiles account vs Miles and cash, they do nothing.

I am sure the CEO and CFO enhance their annual bonuses with this sleight of hand and perhaps not many catch it. I feel it is deceptive, immoral and unethical to employ this bait and switch program. I spoke to the corporate office and they seemed disinterested and matter of fact about it. I was told my concern would be passed on to the General Office. I have written numerous times to the Delta online complaint email and have never had a human or written response. It is time for Delta to be more transparent about their ticketing programs.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I just got off the phone with customer support with regards to my upcoming flights. I purchased my flight with the price of $176.00 roughly per flight round trip. NOW, the price for main cabin is $174. I want to at least be able to pick my seat and now I am not able to because I am in basic economy. THIS IS HORRIBLE! Your customers are on a budget and at least now want to confirm seats to sit together and we can not. We paid more for a ticket to get treated like 3rd rate customers. You should at least let us pick our seats now.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

If possible to avoid Delta in Las Vegas, do it. We volunteered to have last minute bags checked at the jet way before getting on the plane. Lack of overhead room they said. Got home on one-way flight, baggage handlers stole wife's Louis Vuitton, Kate Spade, and my Oakley sunglasses. They ripped open the TSA lock on the zipper ransacked our things, stole items, and put bags back on plane. We didn't notice until we got home. Reported crime with Delta, and Las Vegas Metro Police, nothing. Called SEATAC airport, filed report, a police officer called back. Took report, and within a couple hours had already reviewed all the videos of the bad handling from the plane to the baggage carousel. No suspicious handling noted. So it is 99% positive it DELTA AIRLINES in Las Vegas! Please beware and take steps to avoid Delta Air Lines!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Hi, I recently traveled through Delta Air Lines with my mom and my cousins to Orlando Florida. My mom wanted to give my cousins a surprise and she thought, "Why not Orlando?" She doesn't travel much but she said she had had the best experience with Delta before. Then, I decided to book the whole group (around 8) tickets with Delta. I traveled and I know that frequently there is delays because mechanical problems, weather etc... My mom is a little paranoiac so when they told us the airplane had issued on our way to Florida and back to Boston we were shocked. I kept calm because of the kids and my mom. They offered us an alternative flight that didn't make sense so we decided to wait.

I won't lie the time we spent in the airport wasn't really pleasant. However they arrange food and drink for us. When I got home I called and told them what I went through with my family. They helped a lot, the customer service is great, I purchased a lot of things. I am a high consumer and I know customer services. I have traveled to Aeromexico, American Airlines, Jet Blue, United. I will still used DELTA again. They are just looking for you to travel safe and have the best experience, so even if the delays are inevitable in any airlines the customer service about arranging alternative flight, food, luggage with Delta Air Lines was the best.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Such an amazing trip with other airlines on time and well put together. Delta Airlines on the other hand horrible. In a flight from Nsa France going to New York. We were supposed to leave 12.15 pm and now is 2.54 pm and we are still waiting. The excuse they need to board other passengers. If that's the case have them take another flight instead of us waiting for hours. Really inconsiderate and horrible service. I never expected to wait this long to leave. Other flights will take late passengers to another flight instead of delaying for hours.

Delta Air Lines expert review by Erika Armstrong

Originally founded as a crop-dusting company in 1924, Delta is now one of the largest airlines in the world. Each year, more than 160 million travelers fly Delta.

• Business service: In addition to offering business-class seating, Delta also has a Corporate Travel Management division designed for the business customer.

• Chef-curated menus: For a small additional fee, Delta passengers can enjoy a full meal.

• Worldwide destinations: Delta offers flights to more than 325 destinations in 60 countries across six continents.

• Trip protection: Add trip protection to your flight so that any cancellations or problems allow you to get reimbursed for the cost of the trip.

• Vacation price pledge: Participating travelers can get a refund for the price difference if the same vacation package is available for less, plus additional credit toward future Delta vacations.

• Best for: Vacationers, business travelers and holiday travelers who enjoy top quality service.

Profile picture of Erika Armstrong
Erika Armstrong Airlines Contributing Editor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.

Delta Air Lines Company Information