2. Travel
  3. Airlines

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.15/5

Delta Air Lines Reviews

Original review: April 23, 2020

I am a travel advisor and I had to assist a client with a trip cancellation due to COVID 19. I wish I had the name of the young lady I spoke to about this, but I don't. I was on hold for about 2 minutes and a very pleasant reservation agent answered. My client's flight had changed drastically, and I was seeking a full refund. This young lady, who told me she had been repurposed from being a Flight Attendant to a Reservation Agent because of the large volume of calls they were receiving. I had a pleasant, short interaction with her and she was able to cancel and issue a refund to my clients. For anyone in the Travel Industry, this is a hard time to be dealing with so many cancellation requests, as I can certainly attest. She was lovely, pleasant, friendly and humorous at the same time. I was pleasantly surprised, and because of her, I will be booking more clients with Delta Airlines.

Original review: March 13, 2020

Delta has comfortable seating for some like myself that is over 6ft tall. It was very hard for me to find an airlines with comfortable seating with enough leg room for my height of 6' 3". Over the past 5 years I have used 4 different airlines for either business or personal travel. Delta has the best leg room hands down. Plus the entertainment amenities that is provided as a standard feature is great.

My wife and I met in Orlando to visit family and vacation when she there on a business trip. Her business trip ended and we met with family and vacationed. While on vacation I bragged to her and family about how Delta's seating and amenities were great compared to other airlines we had flown on together and separate. It must have made a lasting impression because on her recent business trip, she was able to get her flight on Delta and was impressed. She was very glad she listened to me and appreciated my honest bragging. She also stated that she will be trying to get all business trips booked through Delta but vacations we will absolutely fly Delta.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

Myself and 2 girls went to check in and realized one of my daughter's passport had expired (thankful we have Nexus) but custom border was close. Long story short, the check in clerk she (didnt have a name tag and I had forgotten to ask but supervisor's named was Dave) was sooooo accommodating and compassionate towards re-booking (for free) our flights, an extremely limited flight to St. Thomas, I actually was so calm and not even upset with myself that I cant travel until the next day. I was overwhelmed by the level of compassionate and understanding of the staff at Delta airlines. Thank you for making a frustrating human error and turned it into the best circumstances it can be. I am always grateful for you this situation. Thank you Dave and my check in "angel" at YVR airport. I am forever grateful of your generosity.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

OMG. I did it so on October 23 this was my very first time flying. Nervous is a understatement. I about crapped my pants. Not to mention i had 4 children under the age of 10 to accompany me. As i boarded the plane it was pretty much smooth even though I did not know what to expect. At take off my 5 year old daughter screamed her lungs off i'm sure scaring other passengers. As a mom I had to stay calm even though my heart was in my stomach. In the air i was a nervous wreck but it's not like I could get off. The turbulence omg omg omg it was consistent even freaked me out more.

Once the flight attendant Kara and Jay found out it was my first flight they treated me so very well. They continued to check on me and my children. I had a couple drinks before i realized it i'm like what turbulence. If i could have tipped these two I would but they were not allowed to take tips. Kara and Jay you guys were awesommmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee sauce and I appreciate you all so so so so so so so very much and I wish them best of luck.

Original review: June 23, 2019

Our last 2 experiences with Delta have really helped restore my faith in humanity. About a month and a half ago, my wife and 6 y/o daughter missed their flight due to weather and terrible traffic. Long story short, they were put on the next flight. My wife asked if they needed her card number and the girl in customer service said, “We're not gonna charge you.” I almost fell over. A few days ago, there was a mix up in flights (again it was OUR mistake, not Delta’s). We were traveling with our 2 children and my mother in law. Luckily we called ahead to confirm. Turns out, my mother in law was departing out of a different airport. Again, they fixed the issue (the DAY before the flight no less) and AGAIN, didn’t charge us. After these experiences, I would HIGHLY recommend Delta to anyone. Keep it up! Unfortunately, we threw the paper out with these awesome employees’ names.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Air Lines?

Original review: May 21, 2020

This has been a complete nightmare. Delta cancelled the reservation because of Covid-19. The second leg being American Airlines same scenario. I have called, put in several cancel notices. I've tried calling and received the same message and hang up. This is unacceptable. I'm sure the US Government said airlines should refund the money and not travel vouchers for future trips. I know of other airlines that immediately refunded credit cards no exception. My next step will be contacting legal services.

Original review: May 17, 2020

The schedule was changed three times and was finally booked. The flight to longer and was a layover for 8 hrs in Atlanta. Everything she wanted to purchase while there the stores/restaurants would not accept cash. Nobody from airlines would help/assist her. We haven’t flown in a couple years and didn’t know about the changes on purchases. Sad airlines couldn’t offer anything.

Original review: May 13, 2020

This is absolutely the worst airline I have ever booked through. They changed my reservation 3 times and made it so connecting flights were impossible and never even reached out to me. Horrible experience. I will avoid them at all cost in the future.

Original review: May 11, 2020

Made my return reservations in Feb 2020 for May 19th 2020 a one stop 5 1/2 hour trip. In two weeks the route and times changed with no notice and the extra stops added arriving three hours late for the connection leaving me stranded with no connecting flight? This happened a total of 5 times. On May 6, 2020 I rescheduled back the original route with a new date on June 2. In just three days on May 9th the reservation route and times were all changed again without notice. The wait time is 6 1/2 hours to speak to a agent, the online will not let me change the itinerary or times it will only let me cancel. Delta Reservation computer must have the China virus.

Original review: May 7, 2020

In February of 2020 we purchased tickets for travel to Mexico in May. We had a different airline also involved in this trip. The flights to our destination were cancelled due to the Covid 19 epidemic, and the other airlines involved had no problem in replacing the points we had used to book this trip. So, when the trip was booked, it said Delta Airlines, then once the reservations were made, it came back that the flights were on AeroMexico a partner of Delta Airlines. We have contacted the booking company, Capital One travel, which they have been most helpful, but they have mentioned that the refund needs to come from Delta, however, when I go to Delta's website to cancel, it won't allow me to do so.

In speaking with a Delta rep, I am told we have until February 2021 to rebook, however, this isn't possible due to allotted vacation time that we have. I have spent countless number of hours on the phone, have filed a complaint with Delta, but just find this entire experience overwhelming! Even if they allowed us to book at a later date after February 2021, that might work, but we would prefer to just have the points put back on our card. We didn't have a choice in choosing this Covid 19 epidemic, but I would think we should have a choice in when we can travel next.

I will give a shout out to Alaska Air, who was more than gracious to put our points back, no questions asked, but this was the flight going to Mexico that was cancelled. How is it that Delta expects us to fly back when we don't even have a flight there?? We are waiting to hear back from them, but from what we have been told by a Delta Rep, it doesn't look promising. This entire ordeal has us just baffled and upset.

Delta Air Lines author review by Erika Armstrong

Originally founded as a crop-dusting company in 1924, Delta is now one of the largest airlines in the world. Each year, more than 160 million travelers fly Delta.

• Business service: In addition to offering business-class seating, Delta also has a Corporate Travel Management division designed for the business customer.

• Chef-curated menus: For a small additional fee, Delta passengers can enjoy a full meal.

• Worldwide destinations: Delta offers flights to more than 325 destinations in 60 countries across six continents.

• Trip protection: Add trip protection to your flight so that any cancellations or problems allow you to get reimbursed for the cost of the trip.

• Vacation price pledge: Participating travelers can get a refund for the price difference if the same vacation package is available for less, plus additional credit toward future Delta vacations.

by Erika Armstrong Airlines Contributing Editor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.

Delta Air Lines Company Information