3.8/5 (661 ratings)

About Delta Air Lines

Delta Air Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Air Lines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Air Lines?

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

My booking for Atlanta at the last-minute was never possible without the assistance of Delta Air Lines. The Delta Air Lines travel agency team in the United States gave me the best deals for the Last-Minute Atlanta Flights Booking as well. I booked Delta Airlines Booking for Atlanta and saved around $40 on my tickets. Thanks a lot again!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

There were a few flights that were overbooked so I chose to volunteer my seat and get on a later flight. Customer service from beginning to end at the Fort Lauderdale Airport on Oct 14 & 15 2021 was impeccable. Tate went above and beyond. Well done Delta!

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

I would like to give a kudos to Brandon, Sheri, and Stan at the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport. They were a huge help in helping my dad with the unaccompanied minor process as well as helping to locate my son's lost ID. Thank you all for being such a huge help even amidst all of the chaos! Sharri

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

Lynne ** was the customer service representative that assisted us with our tickets when we called the 1-800#. When I say at 2am in the morning Mrs ** was personable-kind- patient- professional- knowledgeable and persistent on getting us the BEST prices for our LONG flight to Alaska would be an understatement— Mind you, it was 2am in the morning and she NEVER missed a beat! Phenomenal customer service- is so hard to find but we found it- with Lynne! Thank you so much for your professionalism… The ** from VA.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

I was traveling non rev and missed flight from ATL to BMI. My bag went. I called (on recommendation of the premium line) the BMI baggage and the woman (hate I did not get her name!) found my bag and routed it through Atlanta to Asheville Unbelievable. Yesterday and flight was 1411 to BMI if that helps ID her. Great Delta experience. It is always about the people.

Original review: May 24, 2022

I arrived at the airport 2 hours before my flight which is usually 1 hour more than I need. When I arrived the self-check kiosk wasn't working and the line for Delta bag check had at least 200 people waiting. There were only 3 bag checkers working and no one from Delta was giving information to the people in line. I waited in line for 2.5 hrs. to be told they can't check my bag my flight had left, I then waited in the rebooking line for another hour before realizing that my trip was ruined. The hold times are ridiculous. I'll never fly Delta again.

Original review: May 5, 2022

If 0 was an option on likeliness to recommend I would have put 0. Upon retrieving my bag from baggage the hardcover of my suitcase was completely broken in and a wheel was broken off of my suitcase, the bag zipper was also broken and my bag was partially open. My boyfriend's suitcase was left in New York. I went to the baggage office where they told me I had to fill out a claim online. After waiting three hours on the phone to talk to someone I was able to file my claim and found out that the baggage service at the airport should have done this when they said I had to do it online. A month later I called back and wait another three hours and they say they will be getting back to me soon.

The bag they destroyed was a part of a set and was the largest one of the set, in total the set was $250. Their resolution was to give me $125 even though I sent them a tag that showed the exact bag they destroyed was $200. Suzettra the baggage manager I spoke to on this was extremely rude, spoke over me and when I asked to interject after she gave a monologue she actually told me no and continued to talk over me then ended the call. Absolute worst customer service I’ve ever experienced they ruined my bag and gave me half the cost to replace it as their “resolution” and then their baggage manager was extremely rude and unprofessional. I have never experienced worse customer service from an airline in my life. I have never been so appalled by an airline's customer service. United and American have always been great to fly. Will never fly Delta again.

Original review: April 24, 2022

On April 7th I checked in at Atlanta airport very early. Arrived at the gate, printed on my boarding pass so there were nobody at the gate. Monitor showed Atlanta flight on the screen. Later on, I suspected something was wrong because there were not more info on the screen. I didn’t hear no announcement or text or email informing that the gate was changed. I asked a worker and told me that the gate was changed. I walked as fast as I can because the boarding time had passed. Arrived at the gate and flight was still opened. The flight was delayed. I approached to the assistant and when I tried to talk, she didn’t let me talk, just told me to move to the other side and she started checking in two men and let them inside the airplane. I knew they were standby passengers. Then, she started talking to another man that was trying to get into the same airplane. Then I explained to her and shower her my boarding pass and she didn’t even looked at it. She just told me to wait and went inside.

Minutes passed and I saw the screen that changed the status to close. Later on she came back, she started assisting the other man, gave him another flight. Meanwhile, I waited again for her. She never talked to me or told me what was going on. I asked her a couple of time and she stayed quiet. She just was in the computer. Until I got upset and asked her one more time what happened. I asked her if she was going to let me in. It was like I was talking to the wall. Then, I told her that I need to get into that flight. She stayed quiet. This was a really frustrating situation looking this woman doing nothing for me, at least to give the info that I needed.

Finally, when I asked her to let me in, and if the flight was closed, then she told me yes. Her excuse was that they called me and I wasn’t there when passenger were boarding. I told her it wasn’t my fault, the gate changed and I wasn’t notified. She ignored me again, and then I started telling her why she didn’t let me in when she saw me 10 minutes before the flight was closed, and that I knew she gave preferences to people in standby that me. She just told me that she was going to try to help me but because I had an attitude, she wasn’t going to help me, that I need to go to customer service instead and she left me there like I was nobody.

What kind of customer services this woman has, she was unprofessional, she ignored me since the beginning, she lied to me, she fooled me like I was a kid. If she would have explained to me since I got there, I would understood. This is unacceptable and intolerable. I never have such a bad experience with Delta before. I asked for her name and she didn’t tell me. I wish you guys know who was the person “in charged” that day and that time. She should received a warning and re-trained her how to take care of customer.

Original review: April 21, 2022

They left us all stranded in Atlanta overnight without giving us food vouchers or motel rooms. They said it was due to the weather and not their fault. That was a lie. We had a strong tailwind the whole entire way to Atlanta that only helped make up for the hour it took the one poor baggage handler to load the whole plane by himself. Any time you try to reach customer service, you are on hold for a minimum of 3 hours, but don’t waste your time, they will only make up excuses or lie to you. Worst flight experiences and worst customer service of all the airlines. Most unhappy employees too.

Original review: April 16, 2022

Delta let me pay for a first class ticket, allowed me to check in and receive a first class ticket. And then at the last minute they bump me down to economy! No explanation!? No refund?! No credits! Just a run around and pass the buck with the explanation that need to call customer service. Wait time you ask? 4 hours!! And then I find out that’s a “great” wait time as it is usually 8 or more hours. What?!

So I get to fly in the back at the price of a first class ticket and this is “normal” according to the gate attendant that tells me she can’t do anything to help me as this happens “all the time.” Come on Delta! Try harder. You’ve lost a customer for life. Even if they did offer a credit, what am I going to do with that? Get another overpriced ticket and get screwed over on that one as well? Good plan. I’m so sick of poor poor customer service. I guess I can say at least they didn’t give excuses, just “sorry about your luck sucker”.

Delta Air Lines author review by Erika Armstrong

Originally founded as a crop-dusting company in 1924, Delta is now one of the largest airlines in the world. Each year, more than 160 million travelers fly Delta.

• Business service: In addition to offering business-class seating, Delta also has a Corporate Travel Management division designed for the business customer.

• Chef-curated menus: For a small additional fee, Delta passengers can enjoy a full meal.

• Worldwide destinations: Delta offers flights to more than 325 destinations in 60 countries across six continents.

• Trip protection: Add trip protection to your flight so that any cancellations or problems allow you to get reimbursed for the cost of the trip.

• Vacation price pledge: Participating travelers can get a refund for the price difference if the same vacation package is available for less, plus additional credit toward future Delta vacations.

by Erika Armstrong Airlines Advisor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.

Delta Air Lines Company Information