2. Travel
  3. Airlines

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.06/5

Delta Air Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Air Lines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Air Lines?

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

In February 2020, I flew Delta knowing I had a medical bag I had to bring with me while I couldn't check my other regular bag. I was flying with a big group of people, and checking bags wasn't an option. So, I called the customer service line to ensure that my medical bag wouldn't count as my checked bag. When I boarded the plane, the lady scanning tickets was extremely rude about my extra bag and made me feel guilty for having an extra bag for medical equipment. I cannot travel without this extra bag, so it's impossible to negotiate. I informed her that I called customer service and they said my medical bag doesn't count as my carry on. She was very rude and seemed extremely annoyed about it. I was very frustrated with the situation and disappointed in Delta.

Now, here I am again in October 2020 facing a similar issue. I decided to call customer service again to ensure medical bag policies haven't changed due to COVID. The gentleman that I spoke with was beyond helpful. He went ahead and made a note in my account that I have to bring this extra medical bag, so I wouldn't face any troubles at the gate. Furthermore, because of my medical condition, he went ahead and reserved me a safer seat on the airplane for my travels. He was extremely kind and understanding. He gained my trust and respect back for Delta. I wish I would've gotten his name so he could be recognized. I really appreciated his generosity and willingness to make me comfortable, safe, and happy. I'm a satisfied Delta customer once again.

Original review: April 23, 2020

I am a travel advisor and I had to assist a client with a trip cancellation due to COVID 19. I wish I had the name of the young lady I spoke to about this, but I don't. I was on hold for about 2 minutes and a very pleasant reservation agent answered. My client's flight had changed drastically, and I was seeking a full refund. This young lady, who told me she had been repurposed from being a Flight Attendant to a Reservation Agent because of the large volume of calls they were receiving. I had a pleasant, short interaction with her and she was able to cancel and issue a refund to my clients. For anyone in the Travel Industry, this is a hard time to be dealing with so many cancellation requests, as I can certainly attest. She was lovely, pleasant, friendly and humorous at the same time. I was pleasantly surprised, and because of her, I will be booking more clients with Delta Airlines.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 20, 2020

On my last flight from Puerto Rico, flying in to Atlanta GA, after a lay over, and then onto my final destination we Boarded our flight hoping to leave a bit early and then the Captain came on and said that he was going to have to pull back into the gate due to some maintenance issues. We pulled in for about 30 minutes then to later find out that our flight was being cancelled due to the home airport would be closed. Delta put all 130 passengers up in a Hotel for the night. The service we had was a superb experience throughout the flight and was truly flawless. They are a true reflection of the high levels of standard that we have come to expect of Delta Airlines.

Original review: March 13, 2020

Delta has comfortable seating for some like myself that is over 6ft tall. It was very hard for me to find an airlines with comfortable seating with enough leg room for my height of 6' 3". Over the past 5 years I have used 4 different airlines for either business or personal travel. Delta has the best leg room hands down. Plus the entertainment amenities that is provided as a standard feature is great.

My wife and I met in Orlando to visit family and vacation when she there on a business trip. Her business trip ended and we met with family and vacationed. While on vacation I bragged to her and family about how Delta's seating and amenities were great compared to other airlines we had flown on together and separate. It must have made a lasting impression because on her recent business trip, she was able to get her flight on Delta and was impressed. She was very glad she listened to me and appreciated my honest bragging. She also stated that she will be trying to get all business trips booked through Delta but vacations we will absolutely fly Delta.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

Myself and 2 girls went to check in and realized one of my daughter's passport had expired (thankful we have Nexus) but custom border was close. Long story short, the check in clerk she (didnt have a name tag and I had forgotten to ask but supervisor's named was Dave) was sooooo accommodating and compassionate towards re-booking (for free) our flights, an extremely limited flight to St. Thomas, I actually was so calm and not even upset with myself that I cant travel until the next day. I was overwhelmed by the level of compassionate and understanding of the staff at Delta airlines. Thank you for making a frustrating human error and turned it into the best circumstances it can be. I am always grateful for you this situation. Thank you Dave and my check in "angel" at YVR airport. I am forever grateful of your generosity.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

I have been a Sky Miles member and flown exclusively with delta for years. Never again. 6 months ago I booked with them to fly to Mexico for a wedding. My flight was canceled by them less than 10 hrs before I was to take off. Called them and the said due to weather, they canceled all flights and the soonest I could rebook was 2 days later, where it would’ve been too late.

So I said go ahead and cancel it. I find out after it was nearly impossible to rebook with another airline for anything reasonable (prices all $700+ for one way) I also notice delta clearly has flights for that night and the following day. So I call them back. They said due to changes, they reinstated the flight. Cool, so they can just rebook me, right? Nope. It was already considered a cancellation, so even thought I bought my original ticket 6 months ago for about $150 one way, I would now have to pay the new last-minute price of $879. TLDR: they canceled my flight, then when it was reinstated, told me I had to rebuy it at their new price. Bye Delta. Never flying with you again

Original review: Sept. 6, 2020

Bought tickets in comfort zone, they assigned whole family to regular seats and sold my seats to other people. Discriminated my family to other people and shifted my family to the last place. When this discrimination stop????

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

Was on a flight from Atlanta to Orlando. Passenger was screaming and removed mask being very unruly, This was on tarmac before takeoff. Pilot took off regardless and crew sat in their seat knowing this. Very concerned over health and safety. No return call from Delta after expressing concerns.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

I walked into the Gainesville Airport at 5:30am for the first time ever. As I walk in I make eye contact with three people. One then turns around and walks into a door. I speak to the other two who are TSA and ask them where I get my boarding pass and they said that lady just walked away was the only one here with Delta and you will have to rebook now. Might I add that check-in is 30 minutes early and I made the initial eye contact at 32 minutes before flight. TSA wasn’t allow to go back and get her nor knock on the door. Might I add unlike large airports I was the only person in the entire airport and no flights were going out until noon so she knew I was there for her flight. I will never fly Delta again! I am now stuck in the airport for the next 7 hours.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

Today 8/27/2020 I call Delta and spoke to Jennifer, one of the Managers, regarding making changes of my reservation (no fee for changes). She told me I had to pay more for our tickets. The first customer service agent told me I had to pay 65 dollars for each ticket. When the manager was on the line she charged me 135 dollars for each ticket. They just want to take more money for changes with the covid 19. I cannot believe they are doing false advertisement with no fee for changes. Very disappointed with this company.

Delta Air Lines author review by Erika Armstrong

Originally founded as a crop-dusting company in 1924, Delta is now one of the largest airlines in the world. Each year, more than 160 million travelers fly Delta.

• Business service: In addition to offering business-class seating, Delta also has a Corporate Travel Management division designed for the business customer.

• Chef-curated menus: For a small additional fee, Delta passengers can enjoy a full meal.

• Worldwide destinations: Delta offers flights to more than 325 destinations in 60 countries across six continents.

• Trip protection: Add trip protection to your flight so that any cancellations or problems allow you to get reimbursed for the cost of the trip.

• Vacation price pledge: Participating travelers can get a refund for the price difference if the same vacation package is available for less, plus additional credit toward future Delta vacations.

by Erika Armstrong Airlines Contributing Editor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.

Delta Air Lines Company Information