3.57/5
Based on 1,990 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a travel site?

Delta Air Lines

Looking for a travel site?

2309 Delta Air Lines Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 23, 2019

Our last 2 experiences with Delta have really helped restore my faith in humanity. About a month and a half ago, my wife and 6 y/o daughter missed their flight due to weather and terrible traffic. Long story short, they were put on the next flight. My wife asked if they needed her card number and the girl in customer service said, “We're not gonna charge you.” I almost fell over. A few days ago, there was a mix up in flights (again it was OUR mistake, not Delta’s). We were traveling with our 2 children and my mother in law. Luckily we called ahead to confirm. Turns out, my mother in law was departing out of a different airport. Again, they fixed the issue (the DAY before the flight no less) and AGAIN, didn’t charge us. After these experiences, I would HIGHLY recommend Delta to anyone. Keep it up! Unfortunately, we threw the paper out with these awesome employees’ names.

Original review: April 26, 2019

Since 2009 I have flown to Philippines for personal and business purposes. After using multiple airlines, Delta comes out on top for superior customer service. The staff are clearly motivated, engaged, and interested in any passenger needs. I appreciate so much that about every hour or so there are staff up and down the aisles offering drinks and one can always go to the kitchen area for more if needed. And the meals and snacks seem to keep coming at just the right intervals.

Sadly the performance on partner Korean Air fails to meet Delta standards and on their flights I feel I'm dying of need for food or drink long before it's offered and the staff at the Korean Air gate act as if Delta ticket holders are imposters. I've been using Korean Air lately because I'm most comfortable with seat choice on the 747 and mourn the loss of that plane from your Delta fleet -- guess I'm just old fashioned but there is something irreplaceably comforting about a 747 4 engine aircraft with such an impeccable and decades long safety record. As a repeat flyer I would gladly pay extra for a Delta 747 seat to help pay for the higher fuels costs -- couldn't you reconsider its demise and offer it as a special option? Anyway, many thanks for your ongoing top performance and yes I will continue to fly Delta and partners.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 31, 2019

Highly recommend, the best company, excellent in customer service. My daughter booked two trips next month from American Airline and Delta. When I did change today, the two companies response are totally different. Delta customer service is excellent, they respond to the phone call immediately, an agent on phone resolving the issue with a warm heart, do the best assistant me, you will feel the world is beautiful because there are beautiful people.

Amerian Airline customer service is horrible. It not just waiting for 30 minutes to get a response. Also the agent on the phone is heartless, Cold. The ticket is $1200. The agent refuses correction ticket, credit or refund. The flight schedule is a half month from today, make me total confuse, it is a conspiracy that big company (AA) cheater customers and take advantage of consumers. The response from Both Airline Company, The Result is: AA is the worst Airline Company. Delta is the best company, they are beautiful people and make the world a beautiful Place to live. Highly Recommend!!

Original review: March 18, 2019

I had to fly to SLC for treatment Feb 26th. The unexpected snowstorm put us in a state of emergency. Zero communication, no power. After 6 adjusted flights, closed interstate, weather etc., 20 hr delay, I finally made it to my appt. The next morning I am so ready to get home; I miss my flight. Meltdown. When I used the “Need Help” phone Lindsay answered, within minutes instructed me to reprint my boarding pass, nonstop, find G F11, and said “was glad to be able to help.” Forever grateful. No extra charge for this 7th change either. I was a Basic Economy 1st flyer; Delta treated me like 1st Class. Though I believe they are like that with everyone. Such excellent service with sincere concern. Also I will follow policy; it was my fault I missed my flight, Delta made me feel it wasn’t.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Hi, I recently traveled through Delta Air Lines with my mom and my cousins to Orlando Florida. My mom wanted to give my cousins a surprise and she thought, "Why not Orlando?" She doesn't travel much but she said she had had the best experience with Delta before. Then, I decided to book the whole group (around 8) tickets with Delta. I traveled and I know that frequently there is delays because mechanical problems, weather etc... My mom is a little paranoiac so when they told us the airplane had issued on our way to Florida and back to Boston we were shocked. I kept calm because of the kids and my mom. They offered us an alternative flight that didn't make sense so we decided to wait.

I won't lie the time we spent in the airport wasn't really pleasant. However they arrange food and drink for us. When I got home I called and told them what I went through with my family. They helped a lot, the customer service is great, I purchased a lot of things. I am a high consumer and I know customer services. I have traveled to Aeromexico, American Airlines, Jet Blue, United. I will still used DELTA again. They are just looking for you to travel safe and have the best experience, so even if the delays are inevitable in any airlines the customer service about arranging alternative flight, food, luggage with Delta Air Lines was the best.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Air Lines?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

Flight from Las Vegas to Atlanta (DL1523), September 18th, 10:57 pm. The worst experience I have had on a flight ever. We came 3 hours early and was forced to check in our carry on bags as some other passengers used our seat storage. The seat I was given had a broken seat belt and I was not checked on so at all so that was a safety hazard. The nightmare started when flight was delayed because flight coordinators were too slow on adding and were not diligent checking other people tickets. For example they were boarding groups 1 and 2 but bunch of people who where from group 3 cut in and walked in as if there ticket said group 1 and 2 it nobody checked their flight tickets. Our group followed the rules by waiting for the group we were assigned and it was a big mistake!!! All the cabins were taken so we were force to check our carry-on bags.

We also show several people from our group already seated because they went with other group numbers they were not assigned to.The passenger on our seat row acted like we were running late when in fact we had just waited for our appropriate group. Flight front desk coordinators were also very unorganized, unprofessional and never apologized. One of them at the front desk told me well you can wait for another later flight but it was already 11pm when I had commented about our situation which was rude and made the situation worse. Then when we sat my seat belt was broken and no one checked me. Then your airline made my husband, myself, and another passenger feel small when the flight attendant completely skipped our row for drinks and ignored us.

After an hour of waiting and being patient for the hope that one flight attendant would notice my husband hit the reception button to calmly explain that we were skipped for drinks. We never received any apology for anyone and were treated like second class passengers. I always believed that Delta airlines had an exceptional reputation with excellent customer service but my opinion has now changed. Our experience after paying nearly $600 was not of an airline with high standards. Instead it felt like a cheap discount airline like Spirit or Frontier airlines with terrible customer service. So sad and never again we will try to fly with you we will go with American or United the next time we travel.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I left a complaint on Delta Customer's Comment/Complaint webpage on 8/16/2019. There has been no effort by Delta Reps to reach out to me in any manner via email or cell. I really feel silly because I convinced four family members who are American Airline members to give Delta a go for our trip to Jamaica. I am a member of Delta Airline and I wish they just would do the right thing by promptly addressing complaints. Ava **, PLPC. Stl.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

After booking a connecting flight from Seattle to PDX, I was extremely excited to experience first class, as this was my first time ever being able to afford it. However, I'm left with a very sour taste in my mouth when thinking about it now because of the trouble Delta put me through without owning up to their logistics mistake that cost me a lot more than was compensated for. Not only did Delta airlines delay my first flight which made me miss the flight back home entirely, but I was forced to stay overnight, downgrading my flight the next morning to economy, forcing me to miss work and the wages I would have earned for the day, only to hear back from their Customer Service that there was nothing they could do other than reimburse me for my downgrade from 1st class to economy.

I think it is important to note that before my other round-trip flights took off, I made sure to ask the front desk how much I would be compensated to voluntarily delay my flights for the next available flight if they were overbooked and needed a volunteer (a common business-savvy practice if you have the flexibility). The lowest voluntary compensation bid was starting at $500. To put things into perspective, after involuntarily being forced to take a flight **NOT THE SAME DAY, BUT THE NEXT MORNING**, being downgraded from 1st class to economy, AND missing work because of Delta's failure to work out the proper logistics, I was only compensated $200.

I'm extremely disappointed and frustrated at the lack of ownership in Delta's role in this dilemma. I tried to work with them and make this a great experience for both parties because I understand that these things happen on occasion, but it is apparent to me that they don't care about their customers as much as I originally thought. I would recommend exercising caution when booking with Delta from here on out, as they think 35 minutes between connecting flights is ample time to run across a crowded airport and still maintain your dignity. This has been my least favorite flying experience and I hope that Delta fixes this problem so that others don't have the same experience.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

Google flights search is a world-famous portal for booking cheap flights. It is one of the best platforms where you can get multiple airlines only in one place. I have a good experience with this portal. Here I got approximately 300 airlines in one place easily. https://www.deltaairlinesreservations.flights/google-flights/

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I have had terrible experience with Delta. My brand new laptop, tshirt, gold plated watch and other items were lost. The baggage was delayed and delivered by courier. All these expensive items were take. Out of my bag. After contacting Delta 100 times I have yet not received reimbursement. Feel like begging to pay my own money. Customer service has this standard email response saying they will contact within 14 business days but they never do. Please stay away from such horrendous service

Delta Air Lines expert review by Erika Armstrong

Originally founded as a crop-dusting company in 1924, Delta is now one of the largest airlines in the world. Each year, more than 160 million travelers fly Delta.

• Business service: In addition to offering business-class seating, Delta also has a Corporate Travel Management division designed for the business customer.

• Chef-curated menus: For a small additional fee, Delta passengers can enjoy a full meal.

• Worldwide destinations: Delta offers flights to more than 325 destinations in 60 countries across six continents.

• Trip protection: Add trip protection to your flight so that any cancellations or problems allow you to get reimbursed for the cost of the trip.

• Vacation price pledge: Participating travelers can get a refund for the price difference if the same vacation package is available for less, plus additional credit toward future Delta vacations.

• Best for: Vacationers, business travelers and holiday travelers who enjoy top quality service.

Profile picture of Erika Armstrong
      Erika Armstrong Airlines Contributing Editor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.

Delta Air Lines Company Information