2. Travel
  3. Airlines

3.7/5 (1792 ratings)

About Delta Air Lines

Delta Air Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Air Lines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Air Lines?

Original review: April 20, 2021

Delta has been such an amazing airline to me and my family. My mother was traveling alone with a baby and they helped her carry everything down the ramp and get situated even the first class attendant was making sure they were comfortable, happy, and most importantly safe. I chose delta over my hometown airline because the service is just that good. I even get free bags with the other airline and still choose delta. Delta even recognized my choice and privately thanked me for choosing them. Thank you guys for such an amazing experience!

Original review: March 30, 2021

Simply put, I absolutely love Delta Airlines. Why? Because they make my safety and health their number one priority. In fact, I’ve only flown Delta since the pandemic began due to the fact that they’ve implemented their Delta Care Standard, which includes using refreshed fresh, outside air and air via high-grade HEPA filters inside the plane. I’ve tried to explain this process to both friends and family members, in addition to sharing their video, but they’re still under the impression that planes are using recycled air, and as such, they are afraid to travel via airplane. Thank you for all that you do to keep your passengers safe and healthy. Subsequently, it really meant a lot to me when I wrote Delta previously and received a response on behalf of Ed Bastian, Delta Air Lines CEO. Once again, I am your number one customer and I promise to encourage others to fly Delta as well.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 23, 2021

Overall, I love Delta for the culture of Safety and Service. The company is also focused on Quality with most of their fleet being newer or updated equipment. Most of the staff is friendly and go above and beyond to help with guests ... My biggest issue is dealing with other customers, although most are kind and willing to be flexible. When these issues arise, the Delta staff seems to be able to handle very pro-actively and effectively. Coming from a culture and values professional, I believe Delta most closely aligns with their values, mission and purpose. Thank you!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

I had a great experience with delta on Friday the 19th. My 18 year old son was flying to Italy alone. When he left the Salt Lake City airport he was negative for Covid. For some reason when he got to Atlanta, he tested positive. That meant he couldn't go forward and couldn't come home. It was his first time away from home and he had a complete meltdown. My son comes from a town with 600 people in Idaho and knows nothing. He called home crying so hard he could hardly speak. Long story short.... Mia ** one of your agents at the Atlanta airport got on the phone with me and took care of my son! She made sure he had another covid test, a hotel, an uber AND put him on another flight. She was so kind to me and kept me informed of everything. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

Delta airlines exceeded any expectation, they helped me Transport my disabled mother from Medford Oregon to Casper Wyoming, in the course of one day, I flew from Casper at 615am with 1 layover in Utah, and made it to Medford in under 4 hours, one way, not knowing if my mother would be able to travel back that day? Well, she was ready, and I was so happy to see her, it had been, 27 years since I saw her, her health had declined so that she was unable to live alone, and a nursing home was out of the question, she had raised me with love and affection, now it was my turn to do the same!

Back to our same day flight, delta was able to get us on a plane at 1.15PM, they made sure we had seats together at the front of the plane and always boarded us first, even with a low price economy ticket, transporting my mother from her wheelchair to a smaller, more narrow chair and it took two employees to make the swap each time, they are very professional and took the best care of us, always wearing masks, ppe, keeping us safe, I can't say enough, I know they are taking huge pay cuts as a company, but they treated us first class like we were the only passengers. And one last thing, their appreciation of our military was honorable, always boarding them first! Delta airlines is the best! Much love and respect to you all!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

There were a few flights that were overbooked so I chose to volunteer my seat and get on a later flight. Customer service from beginning to end at the Fort Lauderdale Airport on Oct 14 & 15 2021 was impeccable. Tate went above and beyond. Well done Delta!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

The flight was scheduled with Delta from Milan to LAX on 10/27/21. Price paid $500. At the airport, I could not find the terminal. There was no Delta terminal. No one could direct me to a Delta terminal. Although I arrived at the airport in plenty of time prior to my flight I found an empty deserted terminal in a reclused corner that was unidentified and apparently used by delta 50 minutes before departing time. After looking for almost an hr, I found the terminal empty at 11:12am and the flight was leaving 12:50pm.

First there was no one to direct me to the terminal, then it took me an hr to find it unidentified in a deserted corner, and then 50 minutes before my flight it was empty and there was no one to direct me to my flight. I called Delta and the only solution they could offer me to get home was to take a $1800 flight with Qatar Airlines that was 22hrs instead of 12hrs with a 4 hr wait time in Iraq where I was scared to death and didn't want to go. I am a celebrity tattoo artist with my own shop and had 5 clients scheduled for that day at $2500 a client. I arrived in LA exhausted after a 22hr flight and missed my 5 clients for a total of $12500 income for that day.

TOTAL LOSSES I'M SEEKING COMPENSATION FOR:
    Delta: $500
    Quatar: $1800
    Lost income: $12500

TOTAL: $14800

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

We flew tonight with our 1 year old child from Key West to Las Vegas, one stop in Atlanta. It was a worst experience in our life. Seats on the plane were smaller than usual, tv screen didn't work, plus they lost our 3 checked bags. Those bags all went into the different places, we will have to collect those over the next few days one by one. Never had such a horrible experience on any other airline, but Delta.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

Delta Airlines is a low-cost carrier thus they have an economically fair price but they can take some chances. The seats don't recline at all and my tail bone was bothering me on the, there was very little room to move. I would recommend you not to opt for Delta Airlines if you have a long journey. I made an immediate return flight with American Airlines as it was much more comfortable. The prices for last minute flight was high that why I looked up online and came across an online flight reservation portal (AirlineTicketWorld) that offered me American Airline flight ticket at an unpublished price. You guys can also check out AirlineTicketWorld or call the flight reservation team at +1-888-720-1433, they offer exclusive fair prices for various renowned flights and also offer incredible discounts.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

I booked international ticket transiting through London early August for December. Monday my ticket was changed without notifying me. We are three passengers. Transit time in London changed from 3 hours to 19 hours. What am I going to do regarding stay and another Covid test now. I called to fix issue. Changed my original departure date so my layover is again 3 hours. Spent four hours on hold and finally got this resolved. Nothing they can do they said. Now I thought okay everything is in order. Now two days later same issue. So now after waiting more than two hours on hold the agent is trying to fix issue again. She does not know what is happening but it is a mess. All issues cannot be resolved online. Delta needs to hire more customer service rep and fix the system. If they cannot help then they should not partner with other airlines.

Delta Air Lines author review by Erika Armstrong

Originally founded as a crop-dusting company in 1924, Delta is now one of the largest airlines in the world. Each year, more than 160 million travelers fly Delta.

• Business service: In addition to offering business-class seating, Delta also has a Corporate Travel Management division designed for the business customer.

• Chef-curated menus: For a small additional fee, Delta passengers can enjoy a full meal.

• Worldwide destinations: Delta offers flights to more than 325 destinations in 60 countries across six continents.

• Trip protection: Add trip protection to your flight so that any cancellations or problems allow you to get reimbursed for the cost of the trip.

• Vacation price pledge: Participating travelers can get a refund for the price difference if the same vacation package is available for less, plus additional credit toward future Delta vacations.

by Erika Armstrong Airlines Contributing Editor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.

Delta Air Lines Company Information