Delta Air Lines

Compare Airlines

Research top Airlines recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Recently a family member experience a tragic medical experience and I just a few days before my planned trip to Tampa. I requested a delay of 30 days on my $267.00 ticket. A Delta customer service person demanded the private medical records of the family member. Neither the family member nor the medical facility would allow this to happen so Delta basically screwed me out of the ticket. The Delta Customer Service agent denied demanding the medical information yet Delta has yet to refund or provide a ticket to Tampa as I have just traveled there again and paid for another round trip. This was issue number one.

Issue two... Monday on a trip to Tampa, my departing flight from MCI to Atlanta was 15 minutes late on arrival and 20 minutes late departing. 35 minutes late, total. I had 37 minutes total to go from Concourse B to Concourse D once on ground in Atlanta to connect to Tampa. Obviously the plane was gone and the gate dark. Delta Agent told me that I had to get to the gate on time. That was "my responsibility", not Delta's. This is at 10:00pm at night. Flights after 10pm are few. Fortunately another Gate attendant tried to help me and found another flight leaving for Tampa at 11:30pm.

Needless to say, I arrived in Tampa well after midnight with no ride home as I could not ask family members to wait not knowing when or if I would arrive. Delta didn't offer anything other than a comment by a gate attendant that since Delta changed management, the company has gone downhill and now the customer is known as a "profit center". Yep... Delta now considers a person as a "profit center". I guess that's why the justification to hose me for $25.00 for each leg to sit by a exit door so that I can stretch my painfully arthritic knees, so I can do Delta's job in case of a crash by opening and discarding the emergency exit door.

Delta Airlines was late departing LGA. As a result, I missed my connecting flight home to SEA. What's worse is that my luggage made it to connecting flight, but they told me I was too late to board. Incidentally, I learned that my connecting flight was oversold. When I tried to rebook to make it on-time for my weekend anniversary trip. They offered to send me to Spokane (6 hour drive to my house), or Portland (3 hour drive to my house). I asked if they would pay for the Uber home. Of course not. So, no luggage, they cart me off to a hotel with a little emergency overnight bag. Nothing to wear to bed, no change of clothes, no voucher for food.

I asked what Delta was going to do to make this right for me. The "Need Help" desk was no help at all. Customer service first offered me $100. I said that wasn't acceptable, then they offered $150. Still I said no. Then they went up to $200. What is this - a negotiation? Anyway. I was advised to call their corporate office. Of course, it turns out they're closed today. So, I filed a complaint on their website. What response do I get? That they'll get back to me within 30 days. Seriously! Meanwhile, I'm out reservation fees, and my beautiful long-planned anniversary weekend with my husband.

In Nov. 2016, I was flying from Minneapolis to Nashville for the most important academic conference and career fair in my life. The flight was overbooked, and due to a long line at the security screening, I arrived at the gate 7 minutes before the flight took off. The gate keeper told me that I am late, and because of that, my seat was given to somebody else. They were rude, and they treated me like I am a criminal. They refused to give me any compensation, not even a replacement ticket, but instead put me on the waiting list for the rest of the day. I stayed at the airport for the rest of the day to find out that every other plane to Nashville was equally overbooked.

As a result, I missed the most important conference in my life. Upon reflection, Delta did not start bumping unshowing customers until 2 minutes before flight departure in all their flights but mine. I think this is because my Asian name. So, they think I can be bullied without repercussion. As for now, this is nothing but memory to me. But, I swear I will not pay Delta another cent in my life.

My mother was dying. Made a flight to see her. They said she had 48 hrs to live. Hospice was already there. I had a flight April 7 at 6:20 am to fly out. I had got there at 4 am to make sure I didn't miss the flight. Delta Airlines started making excuses at 7:00 am. This went on for 9 hours. I'm handicapped and every time the time changed you would have to go up and get a new voucher for that flight, hotel .being handicapped made it a torture to stand in line again. I arrived at INP airport for. Connecting flight should have been 30 min. Delta told that no flights were going to K.C. That night.

The total time I keep telling them my mother was dying I needed to get there. The only thing I got was a voucher for a hotel. I Had to get a standby to try to get there in the morning. Our a guarantee flight that evening at 5:30 PM. I took the standby. When I arrived I was told that my mother had passed away late that night. If Delta would have honored their first agreement to get me there I would have seen. Delta airline rob me of my last hours with my mother!!!

Hello, I am writing to request reimbursement due to a Delta flight delay that occurred at Atlanta Airport on 4/8/17. We were on our way to West Palm Beach for a wedding. We were delayed for over 9 hours and ended up MISSING the wedding and not going to West Palm Beach. We lost our car reservation for which we had prepaid & the AIRBNB reservation. Not to mention our whole day was wasted. I had to get a Southwest flight for $600 to fly out to Orlando just so we can get out of there. Expense summarized below: Flight charges: $600, Car rental: $208, Airbnb: $100. TOTAL: $908.

We lost a companion pass also that day for which they only reimbursed us $8! That doesn't seem reasonable. We earned that companion pass. We would like to request that pass also. We were compensated 20,000 miles by Delta which we do really appreciate, but I'd like to get reimbursed. We understand these things happen but we were mislead with false hope all day at the airport. We were told that Delta is looking for "local pilots" and they could never locate them. We were given excuses like "They may be late due to I-85 bridge collapse". The bridge collapsed 2 weeks before that day... local pilots can't find an alternate route? They never canceled the flight and we were given false hope all day. If I had known sooner, I could have made other arrangements.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Air Lines?

My friend and I were scheduled on a Delta flight and the gate agent could not find a pilot to fly the plane. The gate agents left and we found out the flight was canceled online. Even the flight attendants did not know that as they had been sitting in the plane waiting for hours. Delta blamed it on weather and they refused to help. We ended up paying several hundreds more to fly on a different carrier as the only choice they gave us was to sit in Miami for 3 days until they could put us on another flight.

I have NEVER received such horrendous customer service with any company. I was on a flight from LaGuardia to Atlanta with a connection flight from Atlanta to Havana, Cuba on April 5th, 2017. First my carry on was taken from me as it was "too large" even though I've used the same suitcase dozens of times over the last 7 years and well as took it on my Delta return flight, no questions asked. We were then diverted to Charlotte Airport, supposedly to pick up fuel only to be told later that there were weather delays out of Atlanta. However, despite the weather delays our connecting flight from Atlanta took off with slight delay. We were not on it. I was then told by Delta that I would only be taken to Havana on Friday the 7th approximately 48 hours later and that there was nothing that could be done. I was expected to take a flight to Atlanta and then to New York on Friday morning to then take a direct flight from JFK.

I was asked why I didn't pay extra to take the direct flight from JFK to begin with even if it was more expensive. I don't have all the money in the world and it is the job of DELTA to get me there layover or no layover. I then had to purchase a new set of tickets to get to Havana within a reasonable time frame as I had reservations and people waiting for me to get lodging in Havana. At this point I tried to get my suitcase that had been taken from me back. I was told that I would have to call Delta to get it back.

When I called Delta I was told that I needed to speak to a supervisor at the gate as Delta was not permitted to keep my luggage under ANY circumstances. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told by a man that he was the supervisor. I told him that there had been some back and forth between the gate and Delta headquarters about whether I could get my suitcase back and that I was told that a supervisor could help me as Delta was not allowed to keep my suitcase. The man replied "They aren't in charge over here. I am and I'm telling you can't get your suitcase back. I'll send it to Havana if you want but that's it." He then moved on to the next customer without answering any of my questions about how that's possible when I'm not on the flight.

I had to wait to speak to another employee at the gate who said she would see if she could get my suitcase off the flight even though I explained what the supervisor had said. She then radioed only to get the supervisor that I had previously spoken to. The entire line and gate then heard the supervisor scream over the walkie talkie "Is it that little girl with a pony tail?" It was embarrassing, demeaning, misogynistic, and absolutely inappropriate. NEVER should a woman who is 30 years old be referred to as a "little girl". The gate employee was finally able to get the supervisor on a private phone so he wasn't shouting insults for all to hear. When I asked for the supervisor's name who had shouted the insults I was told "**". I then asked for a last name and was told that was the last name. I then asked for a first name and was then told "That's enough information for you".

I am entitled to a full name for an employee so that I can lodge an official complaint. It is beyond reprehensible to be treated in such a manner after spending hours waiting for answers. The weather may not have been Delta's fault but the atrocious customer service is. I was then without a suitcase for three days with my items in it. When I arrived in Cuba they told me that there was a chance my suitcase may never arrive because suitcases aren't sent when an individual is not on a flight. I spent hours while on vacation trying to track down my suitcase. When it finally arrived I had to wait hours for it to be brought to me. I was told I should call Delta for reimbursement upon my return to the States and was provided with a number. After returning to the States I called the number provided to me several times over the course of two days only to reach a recording that said "We are sorry no one can help you at this time".

I finally called a different number to attempt to get reimbursed only to have the call cut off with customer service representative after an hour and half of waiting. I was sent to take a survey of the service so there certainly weren't any reception/connectivity issues. No one ever called me back though I received an email stating a claim had been filed in my name. I don't know any of the details of the claim because no one has spoken to me about the details. I am a 30 year old Attorney and NEVER have I been spoken to the way your employees have spoken to me. NEVER have I been publicly embarrassed in such a way. NEVER have I been frustrated to the point of tears because no one wanted to help me. I will not be using your services ever again if I can help it. And you can be sure that EVERYONE I know or am able to reach will hear about the disaster that is Delta Customer Service.

Long story make short, the traveling was terrible. It really nearly in top three worst airplane travel in my life. I am seriously rethink about use your airline again. Your most associates couldn't understand my situation. They forced me into middle seat and denied and refused my humbly begging for carry my hand carry bag on the board because mine is exactly fit in domestic also international airplane and brand is Swiss gear which is internationally wide proofing baggage already. They took my baggage off to the down cargo at the airplane door.

Right before I have seen many of passengers carried bigger baggages than mine. Even some of them carried two big baggages before me but they never told them about the baggages but me. I had to carry my bag for security reason also I needed my bag for foot rest. I think she is high rank of stewards told me strongly it is illegal to carry my baggage on board because it's too big and there is no space to carry on. What?? You guys joking? I saw many passengers carried one or two bigger baggages than mine.

Finally they took my baggage and never gave me anything for foot resting. I request ice packs and she gave me only tiny ice pack with paper towel. I asked again and she gave me another zipper bag with ice in there but the zipper bag was licking. It made my pants wet. I had to walk long distance to find my baggage and it made my knees and ankles swollen seriously. I felt like your crews got big mistake to little pity tiny Asian disable male. Now I feel that I need to action with this case due to maybe there can be another victims like me by discrimination over the culture and race.

I have never experienced such complete and utter frustration, and lack of "customer care" from a service provider as I have with Delta this past week. First off, I can provide you with phone records detailing my multitude of attempts to contact and actually speak to a Delta agent this past week, many, many hours of being on hold, expecting a return phone call from an agent after leaving my information as requested (due to "extreme weather conditions" a high volume of calls, staffing shortages, long hold times, etcetera), all to no avail. Not a chance to actually get my questions answered, all after booking a flight and then needing to change my reservation. Because I have limited Wifi accessibility, I had to make the changes by phone, and was unable to do so within the time allowed. I used my sky miles, which leads me to believe that my needs were at the bottom of your help barrel.

I have forwarded my itinerary below. Seeing as I could not change my reservation owing to the details above, I was forced to cancel my flight. In the days after this miserable and failed trip planning, I continue to call Delta, get the same ridiculous "hold times are more than 3 hours" and now my ire is peaked yet again, after discovering a $150 charge to redeposit MY sky miles for cancelled reservations. That is simply criminal!! When I looked at my credit card statement, the charge was now upped to $179 with another charge of $11.20 for some unknown item. When I booked my reservation, the agent did NOT mention the cancelled reservation sky miles fee. This is very bad business, and as you might imagine, I will NEVER consider flying Delta again. Flying itself to any location is bad

enough with all of the logistics and shrinking seats on flights, and this ordeal will not be soon forgotten.

I have one question regarding Delta and I have been trying to get through to them for 6 days now. Call hold times are usually 2 hours but today it is 3 hours and they don't offer callbacks anymore. Their excuse is the NON-EXISTENT weather they say is affecting the country. Time to short the stock and get rid of my credit card!

Delta airlines had my deceased mother's casket for the trip to her hometown for her funeral. When I arrived at the airport in Nashville TN, I was told that Delta canceled all flights as there was a snowstorm. Amazingly United airlines and several others were still flying. I was rebooked on United. Sadly Delta flew my mom's coffin to Atlanta. I never received an apology an explanation. Nothing. Delta is the worst airline. They 'preemptively' cancel flights 3 days before a weather event! Every other airline flies and plays it day by day. Delta is awful. Never fly this penny ante outfit.

They cancelled my flight twice in the four days of my vacation time. Online it's a "mechanical reason", yet in person it's "weather related". Calling Delta requires 2-3 hours trying to reschedule flights. We found another airline to direct us to our destination at our expense. What happened to rule 240?? Don't trust their word or flight schedules.

I was on a flight from JFK to LHR. I ate the chicken dinner and became violently ill approximately an hour and a half after eating the meal. I remained violently ill until the following evening. I missed a day of vacation due to the food poisoning. I have emailed Delta twice and they have not responded at all. Horrible customer service!!

My 29 year-old niece was also given 2 weeks to a month in January before we went on our Costa Rica trip in February that we booked through you. At that time I had called and was told that I could literally change our vacation up until the last day and pay a $200 change fee for the airfare each and a $100 change fee for the resort. That appears to be what your website says. Luckily, all worked out and she is still with us. We are expected to go to Mazatlan on April 1st and my dad is now terminally ill and we have no idea how long - so I called today to see about rebooking and was not told the same. I REALLY am not making this up - 2017 is going to suck for my family. Help!

I flew overseas with Delta from Atlanta (ATL) to Rio de Janeiro (GIG) on 01/01/2017 and as I arrived I noticed my luggage had been badly damaged. I complained with a Delta employee at the spot and filled a paper form. On the following day, 01/02/2017, I filed the complaint online with the company. After a few week's waiting, I was informed that I had to send my suitcase for repairs (?!) and that, if it could not be repaired, I had to provide them with a note from a shop stating that and also the original purchase receipt (?! ), then they would only refund me the value I originally paid for the suitcase, and not the value for purchasing a new similar one (?!!!). I then sent my suitcase for repairs and was informed by Delta, on 01/24/17, that I would receive the refund within 20 business days.

Since this has long passed and no refund was received, I have been repeatedly trying to contact them, but most of my contacts have been just plain ignored and no explanation has been offered so far. In summary, Delta severely damaged my luggage, offered terrible support, did not provide the refund that had been promised and is ignoring my contacts. It has been almost THREE MONTHS that I have been trying to solve this issue.

DL1738 - SEA to JFK - Horrible flight: Middle seat after flying hundreds of thousands of miles with this airline. Spoke up regarding passenger who was not turning cell phone to airplane mode. Hostile flight attendants defended other passenger. No regard to safety. NEVER flying them again!!!

I booked a vacation with Delta Vacations for $1300.00 per person. On my way to JFK, the car broke down. I called delta an hour prior notifying them of the situation and begged for another flight out of any nearby airport and told them I would provide documentation proving my car had to be towed from I95. They told me I could either pay the $1500.00 per person for a change of flight or I would be screwed out of the $1300.00 I already paid. On top of that Angie and Eric from the destination help center were extremely rude.

On March 5th I was flying Delta from Orlando to Minneapolis on the 6:30 PM flight. About 1/2 way through the flight I encountered severe Grand mal seizures. After the 2nd seizure the captain of the flight made the decision to divert the plane to the Des Moines airport. I just wanted to let someone know that the flight attendants and pilots made my wife feel very comforted during this medical emergency. I feel very fortunate that I had professionals taking my medical condition seriously. We did not get their names but I just wanted to tell you how grateful I'm that my wife was handled with respect. I feel much better. I also was fortunate to have 5 medical personnel on board from John Hopkins Hospital in Minneapolis. Thank You again and I will continue to fly delta airlines.

My daughter was flying to London for a school trip. We booked her flight 2 months in advance using a respectable site, not one of those fly by nights. She was involuntarily bumped off the domestic portion, apparently because they expect you to pay that extra $20-30 to book an actual seat... or face the wrath of overbooking. So, they provided a voucher... fabulous. She lost the money she paid for her pre-paid tour the first day and has to report late to her first day of symposium at University of West London. Additionally, until I [momma bear] called the gate representative, they treated her abhorrently! The tone changed when I called them out but what a shame it took rudeness to stop the rudeness. NINE folks were bumped from the flight, FOUR of them involuntarily. Do yourself a favor and avoid this airline!!

Booking all of my flights for years through Delta. Offers come often and come more. Every now and then one comes at the right time and I accept. And sadly I have had difficulties before in their following through on the promise as advertised and now I'm just plain old tired of the runaround. I was told by their "Partner" at the point of rental how the Delta process goes. I finished my trip, waited a week, checked. No points given. I contacted Delta, gave all the information only to get a response this morning telling me to contact their "Partners".

Miss a flight, they point you to a red phone in the corner to speak to someone with a thick accent to tell you it will cost hundreds, sometimes thousands of dollars to switch a flight. Customer service calls have extremely long wait times and then transfer me too often. When I'm transferred, 2/3 times while on hold I get disconnected. Expect so much more from this company.

I checked in online on 13th December. I provided the passport details, the address I was staying at etc. The site recommended I arrive at the airport 75 minutes before my flight. I arrived at the airport at 7:53 am. I went to have my passport checked. Your staff member asked the reason for my visit. I told her my parents live in Orlando. She was annoyed and asked again the reason for my visit. I said my parents live there and I am spending Christmas with them. I searched my handbag for a business card and she told me to pay attention to her. She put two blue stickers on my passport. Then I went to security. I had forgotten a bottle of Chanel No 5 and some eye drops in my handbag. This caused them to check my handbag as they saw liquids. Neither was more than 100 mls. I apologized.

I then went straight to the gate. When I arrived they asked me I was "foreign name". I said no. Then someone asked them to check my name which I said was **. I was told to go to one side and then subjected to a further search. My hand carry was not examined. I had a carrier bag with some Christmas biscuits in a large tin. This was not examined either. I had two iPads, they wiped the first and missed the second and two iPhones neither if which were examined in detail. My handbag on the other hand was tested positive for trace of explosive material! I said it was not possible. They said sometimes hand cream can give that result and the contents of my handbag were clean but they gave me a pat down and did the test again. Then they told me they had pulled me from the flight and called the police and a sniffer dog.

I was hysterical, my parents who are in their eighties were waiting for me to arrive at 6:30 pm and would have difficulty getting to the airport later. The police came and could not have been nicer which is more than I can say for your staff. There was no problem with the bag and the police said I could get on the next flight four hours later! I am not stupid, they knew there was no explosives in my bag or they would not have let me Skype my mother who was luckily waiting for my confirmation I had boarded the flight. I made another phone call and also sent a text message. If I was a terrorist then why on earth would they let me alert someone?

They wanted my seat and that blue sticker had something to do with it. I know this as I know my own name. What profile do I fit? I was wearing a £3,000 Herve Leger dress and carrying a £300 Michael Kors handbag! I had prechecked myself in! Why was I targeted? Not because I was travelling alone by any chance and you wanted my seat? Funny how my bags were taken off the flight less than half an hour before take-off. Or maybe they never got on the flight.

I had to get a taxi from the airport instead of being picked up by my parents at a cost of $69.80. My father who suffers with high blood pressure had to be taken to the hospital the next day due to the stress of worrying about me being arrested. Obviously this was not enough as on my return from Orlando I again checked in online and paid for my additional bag. I got to the airport to be told one bag was 7 lbs over the other 10 lbs underweight. I removed some things from the larger bag but could not get much more into the smaller bag. I was told it would cost me $100 dollars for the additional 3 lbs I was still over! I managed to take out some more adding to my distress at leaving my parents.

I went into the airport by this time around 2:15. I went through security and again was patted down. This time a tube of hand cream I had taken out of my suitcase was in a carrier bag and this was confiscated. I went straight to the gate, it was about 3:00 pm. There were a lot of people at the gate so I waited. They were trying to get standby seats. When I finally got some attention the woman asked if I just got there! I said no I have been here for the past fifteen-twenty minutes. She said "Your flight has gone!" I almost fainted. I could not believe you had done it to me again. I was put on the 6:30 pm flight, I should have been on the 3:23 pm flight. Another three hours later! Complained online 31st December 2016. Still waiting for them to respond other than confirming my flight delay due to a security irregularity!

I called Delta Airlines to ask for change my flight date and to the continuous follow up from the lady on the phone me she get my change with no additional fees. Besides her lovely voice she gave me wonderful image of Delta where I'm going to recommend it to all my friends. Thank you Diane from Tampa Florida.

I always use airline app and automatic ticket and I had a flight from LAX to Seattle last week and they changed the gate number and did not informed passengers and we missed that flight, when we ask them why it's happening they just said (in unfriendly way) "It happens all the time and you should receive text or mail from Delta," but we did not receive anything and I showed my email and phone to the supervisor, she was so rude and made us so disappointed! So they just re-booking us for the next day and asked us to leave the airport!!!

We (me and my husband) missed the next morning shifts at work and so much trouble just because their fault. Also they did not called our name before closing the door after boarding!!! The same thing happened for a friend of mine 2 years ago with Alaska and they treated them so professionally and friendly, gave them free shuttle and hotel to stay! So I called and emailed them but did not get any reply from them no surprised!!! So unhappy with Delta. Never come back again and never suggest them to my friend and family!

I recently had a negative experience while flying Delta involving water dripping on me from above. While it didn't upset me, I knew most would not be happy. I went to Twitter while waiting for my next flight and let them know the flight number and the problem, and they answered me nearly right away. Days later, they sent me the standard survey where I again mentioned the problem, along with the fact that my suitcase had gotten wet and the clothes inside had been wet (from rain, I assume).

It did take a while, I guess because it was a survey, but I was contacted by Customer Service where they apologized several times and added miles to my account. They also provided a link to claim any damage to my suitcase and contents. This was after I'd made it clear in the survey that it wasn't a big deal for me, just that it might be for the next passenger. Given all that, I felt that their Customer Service Department had definitely exceeded expectations. Now, if they could just do something about the rock-like seats and the fact the rows are about six inches apart from each other...

I checked in and went to the gate then I was informed that my flight was not there. I was to do a business speech in Dallas by 12pm. I offered to drive 1.5 hours away to another airport, but all options I was given placed me in Dallas after 6pm. I called corporate to first seek an upgrade to first class on an upcoming trip I have with Delta in May, then the male representative that goes by the name of "Ben" raised his voice and said "I don't know where you getting your information from, but we don't do that"! A long story short, after his aggressive talk I asked to speak to a supervisor and he yelled back "I am the supervisor"! I then asked to speak to someone else because I did not appreciate the way he was talking to me and he transferred me to the prompt system of reservation. Unfortunately, this is not the first time I encounter poor customer service from Delta. Spirit has given me better service! What does that say about Delta.

What has happened to Delta airlines? Last week the day of my father's funeral they lied to us multiple times causing me to go to the airport and wait for a flight for Hannah that was delayed several times until the crew timed out. Delta should have known this a few hours before they canceled the 6:30 flight at about midnight. Then they promised a flight an hour away would be take off before 6 am, causing me and my sick daughter to get up after less than 3 hrs sleep (my daughter got less), get there, to have the SAME experience! She had to go 2 hrs away to catch a flight by cab, since she knew that I was too exhausted to take her.

Tonight they are lying once again to my husband about tomorrow's flights, which I know will NOT be on time due to their system going down once again, so crews and planes are not where they need to be. The agents at the Platinum desk are once again refusing to rebook him on another airline, because they can't because the flight is not showing as a delay or cancellation. BTW I was flying Delta last August when their system crashed that time. It's past time we tried other airlines when this one has no ethical or moral compass.

Last August, my family was seriously inconvenienced (trapped in ATL for several hours) due to computer problems. Tonight, all Delta's US flights were grounded due to unspecified computer problems. We have been sitting in a line of 60 grounded planes on the runway at ATL for nearly 2 hours (so far) and in addition to receiving no information, the flight attendants are RESTING. The other First Class passengers are a bit confused by this NON-CUSTOMER SERVICE ORIENTED BEHAVIOR of the flight attendant staff.

It is bad enough that Delta have an obviously unstable and/insecure computer system but, the service is becoming terrible. The changes that have been made in the past year following the departure of the well-liked prior CEO are terrible. Leaving aside the fact that we are all stuck on a runway due to operational negligence, does no one in this airline feel any sense of responsibility to exhibit some modest customer service? I'm a DIAMOND with this airline (a frequent traveler) and have been one for several years. I buy First Class tickets (I'm not sitting in first class due to an upgrade). And even in the midst of a remarkable service lapse, I'm seeing no service whatsoever. This company, which used to be highly regarded, is horrible. I am on flight # 2396 from RSW to ATL. We touched down at ATL at 8 PM EST on 1/29/17. It is now 9:45 PM. I'm in seat 4C. We have no information whatsoever as to when the plane might move.

I received word that my Mom, who was in California, was in the hospital, and would probably not make it another 24 hours. I used Delta to get there, only was needlessly delayed by rude attendants. With a little help, I should have been able to make an earlier connecting flight that would have placed me at my mother's side about an hour before she passed away. No help, no kindness in this regards, and I missed seeing her.

I am a diamond medallion and booked a international flight from Delta.com which had one leg from Mumbai to Amsterdam and a delta flight number DL7533. When I reached the Mumbai airport to the Delta counter to take the flight they told me I need to go to the Jet Airways counter and they would not honor delta baggage allowance so I had to pay extra for baggage, honor medallion status so no priority boarding. When I called Delta and told them about it, they said, when I booked my ticket it was clear it fine print that this would happen and I should have been more aware of it and will not pay back for luggage. PLEASE BE VERY CAREFUL IF YOU ARE TRAVELING INTERNATIONALLY WITH DELTA. They don't honor their own rules even when the flight has a Delta flight number.

Expert Review

Erika ArmstrongAirlines Contributing Editor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.    More about Erika→

Originally founded as a crop-dusting company in 1924, Delta is now one of the largest airlines in the world. Each year, more than 160 million travelers fly Delta.

• Business service: In addition to offering business-class seating, Delta also has a Corporate Travel Management division designed for the business customer.
  • Chef-curated menus: For a small additional fee, Delta passengers can enjoy a full meal.
  • Worldwide destinations: Delta offers flights to more than 325 destinations in 60 countries across six continents.
  • Trip protection: Add trip protection to your flight so that any cancellations or problems allow you to get reimbursed for the cost of the trip.
  • Vacation price pledge: Participating travelers can get a refund for the price difference if the same vacation package is available for less, plus additional credit toward future Delta vacations.
  • Best for Vacationers, business travelers and holiday travelers who enjoy top quality service.

Compare Airlines