2. Travel
  3. Airlines

3.7/5 (1792 ratings)

About Delta Air Lines

Delta Air Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Air Lines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Air Lines?

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

I just flew Delta today and the crew was extremely rude, threatening to kick people off the flight without bothering to ask politely to comply with the rules. And their phone system is totally of the hook. I called several times and was transferred directly to the survey and when I did finally reach the queue they told It's a 20 minute hold but it actually took an hour and a half until someone answered. When they did finally answer I must admit that they were very polite but not very knowledgeable in airline policy.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

I have been receiving text messages of a flight I never booked, I called to make sure no one else was using my info to travel, I was on hold for 3 hours and no one took my phone call. I texted to the link on their website and an automatic text came back that a rep would contact me. I'm still waiting after hours and hours. Horrible customer service.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

Lynne ** was the customer service representative that assisted us with our tickets when we called the 1-800#. When I say at 2am in the morning Mrs ** was personable-kind- patient- professional- knowledgeable and persistent on getting us the BEST prices for our LONG flight to Alaska would be an understatement— Mind you, it was 2am in the morning and she NEVER missed a beat! Phenomenal customer service- is so hard to find but we found it- with Lynne! Thank you so much for your professionalism… The ** from VA.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

I bought my tickets from LAX to CDG (Paris) from Delta.com. I like direct flights by Air France. Delta didn't offer direct flight for return but Air France from Paris to Toronto on 29 July and Westjet from Toronto to Los Angeles departing 2 hours after arrival of Air France. Nobody told us about Westjet cancelled their flight many days prior to the 29 July. We got the news at Toronto airport when there was no agents or counter by Westjet. We were abandoned without any help and confronted with Canadian vey Covid rules. I am fully vaccinated and had negative PCR test with US passport but was not permitted to get out of the transit area. No Delta or Westjet counter or agent were present.

Canadian Immigration officers took charge of us, after 5 hours got tickets on Air Canada for the next evening and left us like prisoners' in the transit area where at that time only one hamburger kiosk was open. We passed the night on chairs at the airport and with many difficulties passed the day after to the US zone and waited there until 6:30 PM! Of course our luggage did not come with us but just 48 hours later than our delayed arrival to LAX. I called Delta Airlines, after 75 minutes wait time an agent who said was a supervisor responded by saying that's not their responsibility even though they had sold the ticket. It's like if you buy a good from a supermarket, you get sick and the supermarket tells you that's not their fault but the producer in Chile!! I never in my life had seen any Westjet plane or people and still didn't talk to anybody from them. Their phone is not answering and I am not sure if this is not a fraud. I LOST ALL TRUST IN DELTA AIRLINES AND AM SORRY THAT I HAVE STILL MANY MILES WITH THEM!!!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

I was traveling non rev and missed flight from ATL to BMI. My bag went. I called (on recommendation of the premium line) the BMI baggage and the woman (hate I did not get her name!) found my bag and routed it through Atlanta to Asheville Unbelievable. Yesterday and flight was 1411 to BMI if that helps ID her. Great Delta experience. It is always about the people.

Original review: July 31, 2021

I booked a flight with Delta through Expedia from Cancun to the US for our family vacation right before the pandemic. The trip was cancelled due to the pandemic and we were issued credits. I re-booked the trip and Expedia helped me use our credits and pay a little more for the new tickets. After that exchange Delta took control of the tickets from Expedia and sent me a trip confirmation for all five of our family members. I could see our seats on the plane through the Delta app. When we were in Cancun ready to fly home Delta told us our youngest child had a boarding pass but no ticket. They charged us $877.28 so we could get a ticket to fly our minor child home out of a foreign country. It feels like a bait and switch.

Original review: July 29, 2021

I’ve been trying to reach y’all now for 3 days and was just waiting on hold for an hour and you hung the phone up on me. I will not say what I want to say on here right now because I might get in trouble for using foul language. Delta is an awful airline at this point and I really really don’t wanna spend money with you guys anymore.

Original review: July 28, 2021

Delta Airlines stop packing your planes with no pilots. Sitting 2 hours for someone to work. Will never fly with you again. 3 times same month out of Atlanta. Tired of this. I feel like a hostage when I fly with you. Comfort class nothing.

Original review: July 27, 2021

I booked an affordable non refundable economy flight on Delta on July 2021 for a flight in August 2021, but they changed my itinerary twice within one week. Several times, I've attempted to contact Delta for making changes to my flight. However, it has become impossible to reach a live agent or have them return my phone callback requests. To cancel the flights, I have to pay some fees. They have sent me automatic email twice stating: "Your upcoming flight was impacted by a scheduling issue that inadvertently moved you to a different flight." Delta, I cannot trust you anymore. Alaska has much better customer service than you by far.

Original review: July 26, 2021

Wait times on the phone are now 6 hours minimum. Their message us feature in the help section of their website tells you that it will connect but you may be online for 6 hours minimum too. They make it extremely difficult to reach anyone through phone or online. I booked a direct flight in May with guarantees that my seats will be next to each other. They have changed my flight 5 times now and with 2 weeks before my trip all of a sudden my flight has 1 layover and I'm not seated next to my spouse and infant. They crammed us into already booked flights so I have no options to change seats online. I am trying to modify my flight but online it says I must speak to an agent. It is impossible to reach someone. I have now read experiences of other that have waited for hours to be disconnected and put back into a 6 plus hour queue. No happy and will not be using Delta again in the future.

Delta Air Lines Company Information