2. Travel
  3. Airlines

3.6/5 (1306 ratings)

About Delta Air Lines

Delta Air Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Air Lines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Air Lines?

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

In February 2020, I flew Delta knowing I had a medical bag I had to bring with me while I couldn't check my other regular bag. I was flying with a big group of people, and checking bags wasn't an option. So, I called the customer service line to ensure that my medical bag wouldn't count as my checked bag. When I boarded the plane, the lady scanning tickets was extremely rude about my extra bag and made me feel guilty for having an extra bag for medical equipment. I cannot travel without this extra bag, so it's impossible to negotiate. I informed her that I called customer service and they said my medical bag doesn't count as my carry on. She was very rude and seemed extremely annoyed about it. I was very frustrated with the situation and disappointed in Delta.

Now, here I am again in October 2020 facing a similar issue. I decided to call customer service again to ensure medical bag policies haven't changed due to COVID. The gentleman that I spoke with was beyond helpful. He went ahead and made a note in my account that I have to bring this extra medical bag, so I wouldn't face any troubles at the gate. Furthermore, because of my medical condition, he went ahead and reserved me a safer seat on the airplane for my travels. He was extremely kind and understanding. He gained my trust and respect back for Delta. I wish I would've gotten his name so he could be recognized. I really appreciated his generosity and willingness to make me comfortable, safe, and happy. I'm a satisfied Delta customer once again.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2020

Bought tickets in comfort zone, they assigned whole family to regular seats and sold my seats to other people. Discriminated my family to other people and shifted my family to the last place. When this discrimination stop????

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

Was on a flight from Atlanta to Orlando. Passenger was screaming and removed mask being very unruly, This was on tarmac before takeoff. Pilot took off regardless and crew sat in their seat knowing this. Very concerned over health and safety. No return call from Delta after expressing concerns.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

I walked into the Gainesville Airport at 5:30am for the first time ever. As I walk in I make eye contact with three people. One then turns around and walks into a door. I speak to the other two who are TSA and ask them where I get my boarding pass and they said that lady just walked away was the only one here with Delta and you will have to rebook now. Might I add that check-in is 30 minutes early and I made the initial eye contact at 32 minutes before flight. TSA wasn’t allow to go back and get her nor knock on the door. Might I add unlike large airports I was the only person in the entire airport and no flights were going out until noon so she knew I was there for her flight. I will never fly Delta again! I am now stuck in the airport for the next 7 hours.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

Today 8/27/2020 I call Delta and spoke to Jennifer, one of the Managers, regarding making changes of my reservation (no fee for changes). She told me I had to pay more for our tickets. The first customer service agent told me I had to pay 65 dollars for each ticket. When the manager was on the line she charged me 135 dollars for each ticket. They just want to take more money for changes with the covid 19. I cannot believe they are doing false advertisement with no fee for changes. Very disappointed with this company.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

When you just leave a hundred people sitting in a hot plane on a hot tarmac and give them no information you lose customers. This is not the first time either. It's time to find a different Airline that actually keeps you posted on what's Happening. It's terrible when your flight's delayed and the repair for the plane is a piece of duct tape to hold an overhead bin closed.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

They charge you $350 to cancel a flight you can't go on due to covid and then you cannot get ahold of anyone ever!!! I finally got through to someone and they just stopped answering. Fly anyone but Delta for your own good!!!!

Original review: July 26, 2020

Had flights to Japan (For Honeymoon 6/26/2020). Obviously, we can't fly to Japan because of Covid-19. Travel ban is in place, but Delta wouldn't cancel the flight. Luckily, they made changes to our flights that significantly altered our travel plans, which allowed us to cancel without penalty, per their policies. We went to cancel our flights and made sure if we chose to receive our cash, instead of an E-credit, that we would not be penalized a cancellation fee. I took screenshots of the cancellation page, showing no cancellation fees and a full cash refund to our bank account. So, as you can imagine, the moment we submitted the cancellation of our flights we received an email showing we had been hit with $700s in cancellation fees. Immediately, we got on the phones to remedy this. This was on April 28, 2020.

Now, after 4-5 calls, where we are told each time that we are going to get our money back and that this was an error, but to wait 30 business days before calling again, which we have done twice, we have not received any communication nor refund. Today, 90 days later, we called in only to find out that now, during all of this, you cannot reach the refund department on the weekends (recent change). So, we can't get refunded because they need to final review, but they cut back on labor and hours attributable to Refunds.

90 days is more than ample time to review and refund money for a situation that their employees (and policies) told us is a sure thing and that we will 100% receive a refund for the cancellation fees (multiple individuals on separate calls). This is starting to feel like theft. Just to be clear, this is not about the flight refund, we have received a refund, but only a partial amount. We were penalized for the cancellation of our flight, despite being told we wouldn't be and being told later on we shouldn't have been either. They have not fixed it yet, 90 days later.

Original review: July 16, 2020

I left my iPhone on a plane 07/12 from Vegas to MPLS at 11:57 am. Filled out a form online, called them Numerous times. Let them know exactly where the phone is. I’m tracking the phone. No one has tried to help me. I’ve been hung up on and everything was very detail in the report also, But since they not responsible for lost items they don’t care at all and waiting for someone to turn it in, instead of going to get the phone from the plane I was on. Now the phone died in a pocket seat of a plane that I watch travel from MPLS to Detroit then Tampa. Now they find my iPhone not working and it seems like I’m not getting my phone back. I had it for years, everything on that phone.

I’m so hurt on how I’ve been treated and how they handle things not only that this also let me know they not wiping down them seats at all or checking in them backseat pockets when you get off the plane, 'cause if they did they would have found my phone...I WOULD NEVER FLY WITH Y'ALL EVER TF AGAIN. I’ve watched my phone sit there with no ** given but you emailing me as if you care, you never tried....

Original review: July 11, 2020

We had booked a round-trip First Class ticket from LAX to Puerto Vallarta for the 4th of July, 2020. When we went to the airport in Puerto Vallarta, to return back to Los Angeles, the Delta counter informed us that we were no longer allowed on Delta but could not tell us why. We spent 6 hours getting ready for departure, tax to airport, waiting at airport to find out that the gate people at Delta could only tell us that we were not allowed on the flight but not why and to call corporate, which we did and got nowhere because it disconnected after being on the phone for 2 hours and then later, Delta said, "You have called too many times and if you call again, you will be barred from Delta for life." All they could come up with was that we did not wear our mask from LAX to Puerto Vallarta but we did, we had on our face during the flight and no-one ever approached us saying anything.

We never received an email from Delta telling us that our return flight was cancelled and don't bother going to the airport in Puerto Vallarta because we won't let you on. They also claimed later that after I called from the airport, they sent another email and said to check my spam, which of course I had done multiple times and no email ever. We had to buy another flight home on American and spend money for 2 hotel nights. I asked for this report of details about this flight from LAX to Puerto Vallarta and was it a flight attendant or passenger because this has to be mistaken identity and they said if I continue to ask the same question for the details, they will put us on the list for our lifetime.

Resolution response: July 8, 2020

Delta responded by email two days later and offered us a full refund. I recommend contacting the company by email instead of by phone, they may just be overwhelmed by calls at this time.

Original review: July 6, 2020

My husband and I had purchased tickets to fly out of Houston to Paris July 10th, we received an email simply stating that our flight was cancelled- they did not call us or make any attempt to rebook us even though there was another flight the same day available on their website. So we called and got ourselves rebooked on that flight, two weeks later France announced that they are not opening borders to Americans due to COVID19 so we were forced to cancel that flight and they refused to refund us fully, charging $350 per ticket for a cancellation that was completely no fault of our own.

We called to ask for a full refund and they simply refused because the flight itself was not cancelled even though we would have not been able to legally enter the country of the destination. Ethically, they should waive all cancellation fees when the cancellation is a direct result of the pandemic and not the choice of the customer. When asking for a credit to use on a future flight instead, they again refused saying that they had already issued a partial refund. Absolutely unfair and no help at all.

Original review: July 3, 2020

I never got to fly as Delta totally hosed me. A friend gave me a heads up to go out to Delta and check my reservation for 7/7/20. Upon review, the original reservation was changed and I would MISS my connecting flight from Nashville to SLC by 1.5 hours. The connecting flight would take off before I left my departure city of Raleigh! Then the return flight from SLC would arrive 4 hours AFTER my connecting flight through Nashville would depart.

The options I had were to get a credit for a future flight (for 3 people), or make schedule change. Because the Nashville flight would depart before we left Raleigh, I couldn't do any changes online. The program eventually told me they could not help and I would have to call Delta directly. When I called, the recording said, due to high call volume they could not there my call, call back later, good bye! I had to make reservations with Southwest airlines instead. I don't know if I will get my money back for 3 tickets.

Original review: June 26, 2020

We used to love booking with Delta Airlines: easy, professional, would call you back fairly promptly, etc. However, this recent experience makes me NEVER want to use them again. Took 16 phone calls, 1 call to a Delta Vacations Rep who couldn't help at all, 2 text messages, 2 times waiting in a queue on hold (1st time = 1 hr 44 min - the system did not recognize me hitting the #1 on my phone to receive a callback; 2nd time on hold, from a callback, waited another 33 minutes at 3:30 a.m. and STILL no answer from an agent), before FINALLY receiving a text from a Delta agent who fixed the issue in a matter of minutes and restored my miles to my account. RIDICULOUS in trying to reach Delta to fix a simple problem that THEY created by changing my flights. It will be a VERY long time before I ever use those miles, until they hopefully get their act together. AWFUL EXPERIENCE. You can do better than this, Delta. MUCH BETTER.

Original review: June 24, 2020

I was booked on a flight from Atlanta to Valdosta. Delta took the liberty to change my flight to one that I could not make due to connecting flights. I then got them to change that to one that would have me sitting for a longer delay to my connection and a cheaper seat. They offered no compensation for the difference is seat cost. Delta then changed it back to the one that did not work. They told me that was the only flight available as the rest were cancelled. They agreed to issue me a full refund. That was in MAY. I have received my email saying that my request was submitted on that date. I am still getting emails about my flight and when I try to get answers they just hang up on you and tell you go go online or try calling back. You cannot get answers online and every attempt at calling them back I get the same response by their machine.

Original review: June 19, 2020

Updated on 06/20/2020: My husband and I drove 150 miles (round trip) to Dallas Fort Worth Airport to meet face to face with one of Delta's travel agents. We cannot reach them by computer or phone. She was pleasant and got our mess (arriving at SLC Airport 1 hr 19 minutes after our other flight would have taken off and a 15 minute stop in SEA Airport) straightened out, but couldn't promise that this new change will still be effective when we fly. She thought it should be, but couldn't be sure. Bottom line, if you are booked with Delta, a computer is generating the flight schedules and creating chaos, so be sure to check your My Trip status. I am happy with the young lady's help, but until I return without any more glitches I will remain cautious.

Original: I booked flights before COVID. Our flights were restructured without notification. Will miss one or more flights because of the changes. Delta cannot be reached by any means to correct or the problems.

Original review: June 18, 2020

I had a flight booked about 1.5 month ago, from Houston to Harrisburg PA, and just 6 days before Delta emailed me, asking to get it rescheduled. I tried without success to book another flight on Delta airlines website because no fly available. I couldn't scheduled outside of my time frame since I was flying for my Son Surgery. I then ask Delta to refund me to book with another Airlines, No response to my 3 emails and Complaint filled out and the worst I couldn't reach anyone by phone, chat or email. I finally drove 3000 miles round trip to get there because it was too expensive for me to book in that short period of time. I STRONGLY DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS AIRLINES.

Original review: June 16, 2020

The captain on Flight DL5395 proceeded to tell me I need to change my hoodie or cover it up because it could offend someone which is not true whatsoever. Especially when the first flight attendant I walked by said my shirt was perfect. With what is going on right now in this country, he had absolutely no right to tell me what I can and can’t wear. I am a female. He made me very uncomfortable after this.

Original review: June 12, 2020

My son could not fly back to college March 21 due to Covid restrictions on travel. It was impossible to reach Delta online or via phone to cancel the flight. The website relayed due to heavy phone calls, if a passenger did not fly, they would issue a refund. They also relayed they would waive change fees. Neither of those happened. I have attempted to make 5 calls into Delta. Each time Delta auto caller says they will call back after 9 hours. A call has never been returned. It is impossible to reach customer service to cancel a flight or obtain a refund.

I am a Silver Medallion customer with Delta. Previously I have enjoyed their service, but that is impossible now. You cannot reach Delta and they will not waive the change/cancellations. Travel with Delta at your own risk assuming you cannot make changes to your flight. Other airlines issued the cancellations/refunds automatically and painlessly for my other sons who had to cancel their flights due to Covid travel restrictions.

Original review: June 12, 2020

Have my international flight with Delta Airlines. It was advertised as free of charge flight date change when I decided to buy tickets. I paid extra for comfort plus. I have to change dates. I was unable talk with Delta. Impossible to talk with representative. On their website it is suggested go on Website, or use messenger via phone or call. Was desperate to contact them last 48 hours. Dead loop. Now if I change my dates they offer me to pay extra 2.176,00 US Dollars just for economy class!!! DELTA does not have any decency! They are really deceptive on their policy and they are faulty advertise. BEWARE!!! They left you behind. What a shame for Georgia home of DELTA.

Original review: June 10, 2020

I booked a flight before Covid-19 outbreak to fly in June 25th to Saint Martin out of New York so because of the covid-19 my wife lost her job and I was on part-time unemployment because my job slow down. I was planning a trip to take all my children away for the first time ages ranging from 2 to 16 4 kids total so I had to cancel my trip. I booked my stay at Airbnb and they fully refunded my money but Delta Airlines did not and it was over $2,000 in flights. I did not plan on covid-19 happening so I think it is extremely insensitive on Delta Airlines that they couldn't refund me my airfare due to the fact my wife lost her job and we are behind on bills. They just credited me for future flights which I will not be able to fly or go on vacation because of covid-19. I tried speaking to upper staff to help me with the issue but they were completely insensitive to my situation so because of this I lose out on $2,200 which to go to unpaid bills.

Can somebody from Delta please reach out to me to refund me my full amount just like Airbnb did without any problems so me and my family can get back on our feet during this crisis? I am completely outraged and disappointed in Delta Airlines because of this incident. I will never fly with them ever again in my entire life if they don't fix this issue. My name is Carlos ** and I have four children that need to eat and have a roof over their heads and due to Delta not refunding me it's extremely hard.

Original review: May 21, 2020

This has been a complete nightmare. Delta cancelled the reservation because of Covid-19. The second leg being American Airlines same scenario. I have called, put in several cancel notices. I've tried calling and received the same message and hang up. This is unacceptable. I'm sure the US Government said airlines should refund the money and not travel vouchers for future trips. I know of other airlines that immediately refunded credit cards no exception. My next step will be contacting legal services.

Original review: May 17, 2020

The schedule was changed three times and was finally booked. The flight to longer and was a layover for 8 hrs in Atlanta. Everything she wanted to purchase while there the stores/restaurants would not accept cash. Nobody from airlines would help/assist her. We haven’t flown in a couple years and didn’t know about the changes on purchases. Sad airlines couldn’t offer anything.

Original review: May 13, 2020

This is absolutely the worst airline I have ever booked through. They changed my reservation 3 times and made it so connecting flights were impossible and never even reached out to me. Horrible experience. I will avoid them at all cost in the future.

Original review: May 11, 2020

Made my return reservations in Feb 2020 for May 19th 2020 a one stop 5 1/2 hour trip. In two weeks the route and times changed with no notice and the extra stops added arriving three hours late for the connection leaving me stranded with no connecting flight? This happened a total of 5 times. On May 6, 2020 I rescheduled back the original route with a new date on June 2. In just three days on May 9th the reservation route and times were all changed again without notice. The wait time is 6 1/2 hours to speak to a agent, the online will not let me change the itinerary or times it will only let me cancel. Delta Reservation computer must have the China virus.

Original review: May 7, 2020

In February of 2020 we purchased tickets for travel to Mexico in May. We had a different airline also involved in this trip. The flights to our destination were cancelled due to the Covid 19 epidemic, and the other airlines involved had no problem in replacing the points we had used to book this trip. So, when the trip was booked, it said Delta Airlines, then once the reservations were made, it came back that the flights were on AeroMexico a partner of Delta Airlines. We have contacted the booking company, Capital One travel, which they have been most helpful, but they have mentioned that the refund needs to come from Delta, however, when I go to Delta's website to cancel, it won't allow me to do so.

In speaking with a Delta rep, I am told we have until February 2021 to rebook, however, this isn't possible due to allotted vacation time that we have. I have spent countless number of hours on the phone, have filed a complaint with Delta, but just find this entire experience overwhelming! Even if they allowed us to book at a later date after February 2021, that might work, but we would prefer to just have the points put back on our card. We didn't have a choice in choosing this Covid 19 epidemic, but I would think we should have a choice in when we can travel next.

I will give a shout out to Alaska Air, who was more than gracious to put our points back, no questions asked, but this was the flight going to Mexico that was cancelled. How is it that Delta expects us to fly back when we don't even have a flight there?? We are waiting to hear back from them, but from what we have been told by a Delta Rep, it doesn't look promising. This entire ordeal has us just baffled and upset.

Original review: April 23, 2020

I am a travel advisor and I had to assist a client with a trip cancellation due to COVID 19. I wish I had the name of the young lady I spoke to about this, but I don't. I was on hold for about 2 minutes and a very pleasant reservation agent answered. My client's flight had changed drastically, and I was seeking a full refund. This young lady, who told me she had been repurposed from being a Flight Attendant to a Reservation Agent because of the large volume of calls they were receiving. I had a pleasant, short interaction with her and she was able to cancel and issue a refund to my clients. For anyone in the Travel Industry, this is a hard time to be dealing with so many cancellation requests, as I can certainly attest. She was lovely, pleasant, friendly and humorous at the same time. I was pleasantly surprised, and because of her, I will be booking more clients with Delta Airlines.

Original review: April 9, 2020

Delta is refusing to cancel a flight to Japan which has banned us travelers. Delta is doing this to subvert the DOT ruling on refunds for cancelled flights. Delta is issuing E-Credits which can be used later however will most likely raise prices on future flights forcing passengers to pay more for the same flights they originally had and would have taken. Delta is practicing malicious behavior towards US Passengers. Airlines are being bailed out, I am not! Delta should be forced to give a full refund to international travelers who have flights scheduled within a 2-3 month period while the pandemic is active and travel bans are in place. If Delta does not refund these types of passengers a class action lawsuit should be considered on behalf of USA Passengers.

At the very least Delta should not issue credits but A voucher that guarantees the same seat and flight times if the passengers are choosing to fly to the same destinations at a later day. This would ensure that the passengers are not going to be taken advantage of and forced to pay more simply because Delta wanted to be unethical in how they handle their passengers during this crisis. Passengers should consider visiting the Department of Transportation, Better Business Bureau, Trip Advisor and every other review sites to file complaints.

Original review: March 30, 2020

I booked a cruise with Carnival and booked flights with Delta and hotel stay with Holiday Inn Express. I booked these before the Coronavirus reared its ugly head. Well due to the coronavirus my cruise got cancelled by carnival. Carnival refunded all of my money. I called the hotel and cancelled my reservations with them and they refunded all of my money. I called Delta airlines to cancel and they wont refund my money. And I even bought travel insurance through Delta. I will never fly with them again.

Original review: March 26, 2020

We traveled to Scotland via Amsterdam on the eve that Trump closed the borders with EU. The gate agent and crew advised we would be stranded for 30 days. At this point the U.K. was not affected. 2 days later Delta cancelled our return flight. We rebooked and paid more money because the new return was higher price even though it would only get us to NYC and we’d need to rent a car to get to Boston. This one was also cancelled. We were advised to wait until 72 hrs prior to departure and they would get us out as soon as possible. The app never let us rebook and no one ever responded. We booked our own way out on another airline. We are still fighting for a refund for the flight they cancelled. I made it clear I would run out of my insulin and other medications and they could not care less.

Original review: March 21, 2020

Delta was really great for the trip I took from Omaha to LA. One stop, under an hour for the layover, and I was in California within five hours. Easy, simple, and very friendly. They were the perfect choice!

Delta Air Lines Company Information