toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Direct Energy

Verna, thank you for the kind words. We are so pleased that your sister gave you our information so you can enjoy the savings as well. Thank you for choosing Direct Energy. All the best, -Melinda

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

My sister got Direct Energy and she turned me on to it. Other companies have higher prices. Direct Energy's service is better and my monthly bills have been lower so far. I'm enjoying it and I'd recommend Direct Energy.

Direct Energy

Tracee, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are glad to hear that you refer others to us as well. We do understand the importance of saving our customers money and try hard to do that anyway we can. Please don't hesitate to message us if you have any questions or concerns. All the best, -Melinda

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

It was my very first apartment and the leasing agent suggested that I use Direct Energy because he has it and he said they're good. So I've been with Direct Energy ever since. I use it strictly for electric. Last October, they sent me an email when my contract was almost up. It said to call in to see what specials they have. I want to keep everything as is and I asked them what they had going. The gentleman I spoke with that day was very helpful, and explained the different plans they have and the differences between them. He guided me into which plan was probably best for me and it was something that was rather cheap, so I was very happy with it.

I've recommended Direct Energy to everybody. People always ask me how much my bill on average is and they can't believe it when I say it's no more than $50. I'm in a full one bedroom, so it is a little bit bigger than my first apartment. But it probably isn't that much because I'm not running gas. They still have been great and I haven't had any problems. The app gets a little bit glitch-y so I deleted it from my phone, but I can just go online.

Direct Energy

Erin, we are glad to hear you have recommended several others to us, and that you enjoy having coverage from us. That is wonderful! Thank you for your business. Have a great day! -Violet

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

I used Reliant for a year before I used Direct Energy. They both have good services but Direct Energy happens to have the better plans at that time. I did the setting up online. I haven't had to call in too often, but every time they've called, they've been really nice. I had also a plan with free weekends for a while that I enjoyed. Using Direct Energy worked well for me and it's cost-effective. I have recommended it in the past and will still recommend.

Direct Energy

Thank you for leaving us a review Leslie! We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to do so and for giving us the opportunity to be your supplier. If you ever have any questions please feel free to reach out to us at dedigitalcare@directenergy.com. We hope you have a great day! -Rose

Original review: April 17, 2017

When I was called and talked into getting Direct Energy, I said OK because it sounded good. They're not really my provider, but I get a little bit of discount with them. I pay BGE and BGE pays Direct Energy. Currently, I'm on a budget billing with BGE, so the bill doesn’t change ‘til the end of the year.

Direct Energy

Thank you for leaving us a review David! We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to do so and for giving us the opportunity to be your supplier. If you ever have any questions please feel free to reach out to us at dedigitalcare@directenergy.com. We hope you have a great day! -Rose

Original review: April 17, 2017

When Direct Energy called me over the phone, they were the cheapest provider at the time, so I signed up with them. Their reps have been good. They're able to answer my questions and they seem professional. Also, I believe I'm getting lower monthly rates so it's been a good experience.

Direct Energy

Thank you for leaving us a review Margie! We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to do so and for giving us the opportunity to be your supplier. If you ever have any questions please feel free to reach out to us at dedigitalcare@directenergy.com. We hope you have a great day! -Rose

Original review: April 16, 2017

I'm on disability and the high prices of my electric bill led me to switch to Direct Energy. Their team's very good and working with them has made my life easier. They're really nice when they come by and they remind me that I have to sign up or they send me a letter reminding me and that helps me out a lot because I have trouble with my memory.

Direct Energy

Thank you for leaving us a great review Jason! We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to do so. If you ever have any questions or if we can assist in giving you more tips to save money please feel free to reach out to us at dedigitalcare@directenergy.com. We hope you have a great day!

Original review: April 15, 2017

I'm happy with Direct Energy's service and I'd recommend them. I've been cutting my power usage just by turning lights and junk off.

Direct Energy

Thank you for leaving us a review Richard! We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to do so and for giving us the opportunity to be your supplier. If you ever have any questions please feel free to reach out to us at dedigitalcare@directenergy.com. We hope you have a great day! -Rose

Original review: April 14, 2017

I've had a good experience with the representatives from Direct Energy. They seemed professional and were able to answer any kind of questions I had. Because of the price they offered, I ended up going with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Direct Energy?

Direct Energy

Thank you for leaving us a review Valerie! We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to do so. If you ever have any questions please feel free to reach out to us at dedigitalcare@directenergy.com We hope you have a great day! -Rose

Original review: April 14, 2017

Direct Energy was the lower rate when I got it but my monthly bills just went up. I'm gonna call and find out why, but if they're gonna increase their rate, they should let their customers know before they do it.

Direct Energy

Thank you for leaving us a review Christine! We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to do so. If you ever have any questions please feel free to reach out to us at dedigitalcare@directenergy.com. We hope you have a great day!

Original review: April 13, 2017

Direct Energy's rate made me go with them. I'd recommend them.

Direct Energy

Thank you for wonderful Dorothy! We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to do so and for giving us the opportunity to be your supplier. Don't forget you are always welcome to give us a call to check our rates to see if we can continue to save you money on your bill. If you ever have any questions please feel free to reach out to us at dedigitalcare@directenergy.com. We hope you have a great day! -Rose

Original review: April 12, 2017

Direct Energy gave me a lower rate, so I signed up with them. My monthly bills now go up and down, but overall I'd recommend them.

Direct Energy

Thank you for leaving us a review Martin! We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to do so and for giving us the opportunity to be your supplier. If you ever have any questions please feel free to reach out to us at dedigitalcare@directenergy.com. We hope you have a great day!

Original review: April 12, 2017

My contract with the provider I was with before was coming up. I switched to Direct Energy because they had cheaper rates. My monthly bills are lower with Direct Energy.

Direct Energy

Thank you for leaving us a review David! We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to do so. If you ever have any questions or interested in a new rates, please feel free to reach out to us at dedigitalcare@directenergy.com. We hope you have a great day!

Original review: April 11, 2017

I’m getting a cheaper rate with Direct Energy so there is definitely going to be savings there and I'm just waiting for my next bill to come in. I got a lot of friends who have them too, and I’ve talked to other people who have the other providers but they went back to Direct Energy. I’ve been with Direct for over 20 years now and they've had different name changes. But I’m happy and I really enjoyed them in the past. They really did good by me. Although it would be nice and better if they keep with the same name. They get somewhat confusing after awhile when they call you and you got to renew it and it’s a different name than what you’re used to. It gets a little complicated.

Direct Energy

Thank you for leaving us a review Kevin! We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to do so and for giving us the opportunity to be your supplier. If you ever have any questions please feel free to reach out to us at dedigitalcare@directenergy.com. We hope you have a great day! -Rose

Original review: April 10, 2017

I used New York State Electric and Gas (NYSEG) originally then switched to NYSEG Solutions, which became Direct Energy. Then, after a year, I got a re-app in the mail through Direct Energy and they had my account number. Their rates were less and they guaranteed that they provided the same service as my prior supplier, so I called in to lock my rates. So far, I’m totally happy with their service and my electric bill. It was a very easy experience overall.

Direct Energy

Thank you for leaving us a review Bennie! We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to do so. If you ever have any questions or interested in our rates to become our customer again, please feel free to reach out to us at dedigitalcare@directenergy.com We hope you have a great day!

Original review: April 9, 2017

I used a different electricity and natural gas provider before. Then, Direct Energy came to my house and their rate was lower than the one I was using. However, I don't have them anymore. But it was okay while I had them.

Direct Energy

Thank you for leaving us a great review Robert! We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to do so. If you ever have any questions or interested in a new rate, please feel free to reach out to us at dedigitalcare@directenergy.com. We hope you have a wonderful day! -Rose

Original review: April 8, 2017

I had Direct Energy for a long time and did recommend them to my daughter who is living in Coplay, Pennsylvania. I had no trouble with Direct Energy or PPL but I'm always looking for lower rates. And almost every month or two, I'm getting somebody asking me for lower rates. I've switched over now to a lower rate. This new rate is for 24 months without a change. There's no variable in it. That's a good deal because the best I could ever do is a year. They guaranteed for two years at $6.69. I'm willing to try any company as long as it isn't a variable rate. And a couple of years ago, I got burned on a variable rate as everybody did. They switched the rate real high without telling us. And I had some terrible bills for that winter. So, I'm keeping an eye on something like that. I do not want a variable rate anywhere, anytime.

Direct Energy

Thank you for leaving us a review Gail! We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to do so and for giving us the opportunity to be your supplier. If you ever have any questions please feel free to reach out to us at dedigitalcare@directenergy.com. We hope you have a great day! -Rose

Original review: April 7, 2017

I went with Direct Energy because they have a lower price. I had NYSEG before, but with Direct, my bill is a little bit lower and I've had no problems with them. My experience with them has always been good.

Direct Energy

Thank you for leaving us a review Roger! We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to do so. If you ever have any questions or are interested in new rates, please feel free to reach out to us at dedigitalcare@directenergy.com We hope you have a great day! -Rose

Original review: April 6, 2017

I was out trying different electricity and natural gas providers. I had to have another one that I used and I wasn’t happy with them. I went with Direct Energy and I’ve never had an issue. They were good in social skills and everything. It's been a good experience.

Direct Energy

Thank you for the great review Daniel! We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to do so and for giving us the opportunity to be your supplier. If you ever have any questions please feel free to reach out to us at dedigitalcare@directenergy.com. We hope you have a great day! -Rose

Original review: April 6, 2017

I contacted Direct Energy to make a little bit of savings on my energy bill, and so far, the system seems to be working the way it was intended. The reps I talked to were explicit. They had the information that I was asking for and they sent the pamphlet out properly. I've had them for three months now and there's an approximately $5 a month difference in my bill, so I'm satisfied.

Direct Energy

Thank you for leaving us a review Gloria! We truly appreciate you taking the time out of your day to do so. If you ever have any questions or need assistance please feel free to reach out to us at dedigitalcare@directenergy.com. We hope you have a great day! - Rose

Original review: April 5, 2017

I have used a different provider before, but Direct Energy is better because I like the prices that they gave me. There's also a big difference in their service, which is very good. Their team was very good too, and everyone has been very nice.

Direct Energy

Thank you for leaving us a review Tim! We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to do so. We value our customers feedback and if you ever have any questions please feel free to reach out to us at dedigitalcare@directenergy.com. We hope you have a great day! -Rose

Original review: April 5, 2017

We decided to switch to Direct Energy. So far, it's worked out good. I'm very happy with the service. I've only had one year where I complained why I think I paid more than consumers charged. But that is okay. I've never had any trouble with their people. The only thing is when we called to renew, they should say, "This is what consumers is gonna charge and this is what we're charging." They should give both prices, so we know what we're doing.

Direct Energy

Thank you for leaving us a review Joseph! We appreciate you taking the time to do so. If you ever have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us at dedigitalcare@directenergy.com We hope you have a great day!

Original review: April 4, 2017

The experience with Direct Energy is good and their service is more than what I use. I could use less than what they’re charging to break it in.

Direct Energy

That is great to hear Koji! We are so happy that you took time out of your day to leave us a review. If you ever have any questions about your service, please email us at dedigitalcare@directenergy.com and we'd be happy to help however we can! Thanks again for the review!

Original review: April 4, 2017

Direct Energy was going to be cheaper than other companies that's why we went with them. So far, I'm happy with the service. The house is warm and we have a couple more dollars in the bank.

Direct Energy

Hi Carollyn! Thank you for your review! Our goal is to provide the best possible service to all of our customers always, and these reviews are helpful in making sure we can do that! We would love to work towards a resolution to keep your experience with us positive! Please private message us with your account number, full address, and phone number so we can discuss renewal options or rate details with you! - Warm Wishes, Samantha

Original review: April 3, 2017

Direct Energy was cheaper than my previous provider (PSE&G). But I didn’t like that I had to keep calling to get the good rate. After a certain amount of time, you get switched to a higher rate unless you keep calling and asking them for the lower rate.

Direct Energy

Good Morning! Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear you did not have the best experience with us recently. Our goal is to provide the best possible service to all of our customers always, and these reviews are helpful in making sure we can do that! We are more than happy to discuss your bill break down and plan in further details! Please feel free to private message us including your account number, full service address, and phone number. - Warm Wishes, Samantha

Original review: April 2, 2017

I’ve been with Direct Energy for years. They were a little cheaper under gas. We got a lot of appliances and we use them a lot. The bill usually seem like it runs around $162 including customer charge, gas distribution, energy efficient and supplier charge. Because the bill gets kinda high, I am on a payment plan. They charge us $80 every month.

Direct Energy

Thank you for the wonderful review Linda! We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to do so and for giving us the opportunity to be your supplier. If you ever have any questions please feel free to reach out to us at dedigitalcare@directenergy.com. We hope you have a great day! -Rose

Original review: April 2, 2017

When I found Direct Energy online, I decided to go with them because of their cost. Locking in the rate was great. Direct Energy's service has been fine and we haven't had any issues at all.

Direct Energy

Hello Mr. Humphries! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We do apologize if we have inconvenienced you in any way with our phone calls! If you would like to private message us with your account number, full address, and telephone number we can work towards a resolution! Have a wonderful day! - Warm Wishes, Samantha

Original review: April 1, 2017

My bills have been good with Direct Energy. They’re considerably cheaper. Two years ago, the highest electric bill I ever got was in February. It’s under $500 and I haven't had one since then. But I've been switching back and forth and I hate to be bothered over the phone because these people keep calling you.

Hello Mr. Cooper,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We sincerely apologize for the experience thus far, and we want to make sure that your concerns are addressed. If you would like to please private message us your address and account number, we will then make sure that your concerns regarding our rates and contract details are addressed.

Warm Wishes, Samantha

Original review: March 31, 2017

I've been with Direct Energy for seven years, and the people have been friendly and knowledgeable. They started out very cheap and I benefited from it. But now, my bill is high and I'm not getting the benefits that I was getting before. So, like anything else, they bait people in and mostly get them believing that they're helping them and then, in the end, they won't be doing that. So now, I got to bite the bullet until the contract is up. Since the bill is going up, I've been thinking about trying to go solo because it isn't helping me now. I have to check and see the difference in the rates and how high it can affect or help me. For one, there's one thing that they do that I dislike totally. My bill goes sky-rocketing and I don't know what they're doing. Also, at the end of the contract, they should notify me that I'm coming up to the end of my contract. However, they don't do it.

Direct Energy

Hi Gail! We apologize for the experience you have had with us so far, we can definitely follow up on this for you. Could you please send us an email at dedigitalcare@directenergy.com with your account number, full address and phone number? We can take a look at your account and investigate the changes in your billing statements to provide you with a resolution. Thank you!

Original review: March 30, 2017

I never had a problem with Direct Energy but recently I got an increase that was about $64 a month more than my normal budget. I got behind $417 but I had no knowledge of it. I noticed last year that my bill was cheaper than normal and I kept checking what I used, what I had to pay, etc., but I didn't realize it wasn't affecting the Direct Energy. My electric bill just shows Jersey Central part and when they showed me my balance due, I thought that included Direct Energy, too. I was paying about $90, then it went to $99, and now, it's $164. Part of that is the arrears but I am not sure if that will go down after the arrears is covered. If they would have notified me sooner, I would have made other arrangements to pay it. So, I was upset about that. I know things go up and down, but I was shocked because that's the highest that I've had since I've lived in the house.

I asked them if I could have a statement sent to show how I accumulated that over a period of time, and if they could notify me sooner next time. I wanna know how that happened so we can avoid it next time. The gentleman I spoke to the other day said they sent the billing transactions out about two weeks ago but I haven't received it yet. So, I don't know if it's taking a long time or I just never got it. And the wait time on the phone is very long. When I did get them, the guy didn't know too much about anything. He couldn't even find my account though he could just be having a bad day.

Dear Mr. Martin,

We are happy to hear that your experience has been positive and that you are saving money! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! Please feel free to reach out to us with future questions or concerns. Have a wonderful day!

Warm Wishes, Samantha

Original review: March 29, 2017

My experience with Direct Energy has been good. I've got lower monthly bills and it's better than consumers' rate. Their team is also polite and knowledgeable.

Dear Mr. Fink,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a great review! We appreciate you as our customer! Please let us know if you have any future concerns or questions! We want to ensure you continue to have a positive experience with us!

Warm Wishes, Samantha

Original review: March 28, 2017

A person came to my door and told me about Direct Energy. At that time they were giving a better rate than other providers so I chose to go with them. They give me a year or two program with a fixed price. Then, I could call them up and they would give me the best deal that they have. Moreover, their team members were very helpful and I'm very satisfied with their service.

Dear Mr. Leap,

Thank you for reaching out to us! We sincerely apologize for the experience thus far, and we want to make sure that your concerns are addressed. If you would like to please private message us your address and account number, we will then make sure that your concerns regarding our rates fee are addressed. Looking forward to further assisting you!

All the Best, Samantha

Original review: March 27, 2017

The first contract that people will get from Direct Energy is gonna be good. And then after that, they might as well look around again because they're not gonna stay at the same rate. Direct Energy offered a better rate than what I was getting with the utility. Unfortunately, I'm paying more to Direct Energy now. The initial rate for the light that was guaranteed for 15 months was $0.10 but as soon as they came back with the second contract, it was $0.12 or $0.13. I was within a couple of months with them, and I called them so they took half a cent of which made it $0.12. Right now, Public Services' rate is less than $0.12. It's not a significant difference but I'm sure as hell not getting any break through Direct Energy with my second contract.

Direct Energy is in the middle of electricity and they got nothing. They're a big bunch of resellers and they're making a little bit of money. If they're gonna try and keep me for a third contract they're gonna have to match Public Service at the lowest rate. Otherwise, see you later, alligator. Why should I keep it? Electricity's one of these things people would try to switch and that's it.

I had Constellation Energy before, and then Direct Energy took it over. When the guy saw the electric expires, they gave me a new charge, which was a little bit less than PSEG's rates, so I save a little bit of money on the utility bills. From all appearances, it looks like a good company to save some utility bills and I haven't had any bad experience.

Direct Energy Company Profile