4.1/5 (133 ratings)

About Verde Energy

Verde Energy provides green energy and natural gas plans in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. Join over 250,000 residential and business customers who have already switched to Verde Energy USA. New customers get up to a $100 rebate for signing up on select plans and there is no cancellation fee!

Verde Energy Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verde Energy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verde Energy?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

I signed up online and the site was easy to navigate. I received a letter in the mail after I signed up with them, but I haven't noticed any difference in the services. Also, I've had them eight months and my bill is about the same.

Verde Energy response

Hi Nancy, We at Spark Energy are so happy you are satisfied with the quality of our service. It means a lot! Thank you for choosing Spark Energy, we are thankful for outstanding customers like you, and appreciate your business and feedback.

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 29, 2021

At the time that I signed up, Verde Energy was the best choice for a monthly payment. I'm satisfied with their customer service and the website is very informative.

Verde Energy response

We're delighted to know that you are satisfied with our services. We appreciate your business and you taking the time to leave us a few words about your experience with us. Thank you.

Original review: June 17, 2021

Verde Energy's rate was cheaper. I switched to them and the process was easy.

Verde Energy response

We are happy to hear that the process to switch was easy for you. Thank you for your review and for your business.

Original review: June 3, 2021

I went with Verde partly because of their green energy product and partly because of the cost. I took advantage of a deal that they had when I signed up and I've had no problems with them.

Verde Energy response

Thank you for choosing Verde Energy. We appreciate your feedback and your business.

Original review: June 2, 2021

Green energy products are always better. So if I can help in that way by going with Verde Energy, that's good. So far, my experience with them has been very simple and I've had no problems.

Verde Energy response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We absolutely agree that green energy is better! We appreciate your business and your thoughts.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

If you are reading this review, please do yourself a favor and don't sign up with them. In my case, I had cancelled with Verde because of higher rates, they called me and wanted to know why. The gal was insisting that they wanted me to stay with them. Finally, I told her clearly, that I wanted to cancel them as supplier. Very high sales promotion in my opinion. The call was recorded!

Verde Energy response

We are saddened to hear that you wished to cancel. It’s important for us to understand why a customer wants to cancel so we can identify ways to improve or offer a resolution. We apologize for any inconvenience and invite you to email us at officeofthepresident@verdeenergy.com if you have any other concerns you’d like for us to address.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

Used to love this company, even referred neighbors/friends because of the great savings. Signed up again when our 2 yr contract was done. Not sure what has happened - but how did we use less energy this year but our bill is over $100 more???? 2020 use was 1598 kwh for a bill of $302 and this year 2021 we used 1376 kwh (222 kwh less), but our bill is now $408!!!! Never, ever in 25 years of living in this house was our bill ever this much. Not happy!

Verde Energy response

We understand your frustration regarding your bill increase and we'd be happy to review your account with you. Please email us at officeofthepresident@verdeenergy.com with your concerns and account information. Thank you.

Original review: May 19, 2021

I searched around for green energy options, and Verde Energy was a competitive fixed rate. Signing up was seamless. The promotions helped out as well. Everything looks good.

Verde Energy response

We appreciate your feedback regarding our rates and enrollment process. Thank you for your business.

Original review: May 11, 2021

My experience with Verde has been excellent so far. I was originally locked in at a one-year rate with my other provider, but they were only willing to offer a six-month renewal for me and it was at a higher rate than a lot of the competitors. It was another cent and a half higher than what I was locked into the prior year before that I was paying too. When I brought it to their attention that other providers were offering at lower costs, they told me that there was nothing they could do for me. At that point, I had no reason to stay with them. There was no fee for switching at the time because my time of use was up, so I decided to go with Verde. It was mostly for the cost factor at the time and the fact that they were offering a locked-in two-year contract. That was awesome.

Verde Energy response

Its great to hear that you shopped around before choosing to enroll with Verde. We appreciate your business and your review.

Original review: May 5, 2021

We were with FirstEnergy and we got some letter, which we found out later was from another company trying to scare us into picking them. We could have stayed with the same company we had, but we didn't because at that point, we thought FirstEnergy was no longer going to cover our area. I got online, and Verde Energy company was the cheapest. They gave us the best rate. It was a fixed rate and that's something else that we were looking into.

I signed us up for Verde and everybody's been super. I didn't have to call FirstEnergy to switch over. They took care of everything for me and I appreciated that. We also got a $50 rebate, but we're concerned because our electric bill is much higher than it ever was with FirstEnergy or with West Penn Power before that. During this pandemic, and with work being scarce and we're retired, it's tough with those electric bills creeping up. Other than lowering the rate though, we never noticed anything wrong with our past servers and everything has been smooth.

Verde Energy response

We sorry to hear of the situation that caused you to leave your original supplier; however, we're happy that you chose us to be your new supplier. Thank you for sharing your experience so far.

Verde Energy author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Get cost-effective green energy in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Ohio and Pennsylvania. The company offers competitive prices and has a $100 rebate offer for new customers.

• Switch for free: There’s no cost to switch from your current utility provider to Verde Energy.

• No cancellation fee: If you decide to switch companies, there’s no cancellation fee to switch from Verde Energy to another utility company.

• Low cost renewable energy: Verde Energy provides 100 percent renewable energy for their customers. Because they’re an energy supplier and not a utility company, Verde Energy can keep costs competitive for customers.

• Options for homeowners and businesses: Verde Energy provides 100 percent renewable energy services at competitive rates for both homes and businesses.

Verde Energy Company Information