4.1/5 (145 ratings)

About Verde Energy

Verde Energy provides green energy and natural gas plans in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. Join over 250,000 residential and business customers who have already switched to Verde Energy USA. New customers get up to a $100 rebate for signing up on select plans and there is no cancellation fee!

Verde Energy Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verde Energy?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

We got a very cheap energy deal with Verde Energy. Since we used them, our energy bill has been reduced between 70% and 80%. Every time that I called because I have questions when I would be renewing the contract, their reps were very professional. They were very available to answer any questions and give any information that we needed.

Verde Energy response

We're thrilled to hear that you have noticed a reduction in your energy bill. Thank you for choosing Verde Energy to be your energy supplier. We appreciate your business and feedback.

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2022

I was online comparing rates and at the time, Verde had what seemed to be the right plan to pick. Their rates were not the lowest but I liked the program. Verde was fine. I had gas so we had heat in our house and warm showers. But their rates have changed and that's why I switched away from Verde.

Verde Energy response

Thank you for your valuable insight. We appreciate you letting us know the reason you chose us and why you selected a new supplier. We're grateful for the time you were our customer and we hope that you consider us in the future.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2022

Verde Energy's prices were less expensive. Their plans being green also played a little bit in why I chose them. My experience has been pretty good. When it's dark, I can see my way because I have light. I like Verde.

Verde Energy response

It's terrific to hear such generous feedback regarding our service and rates. Thank you for allowing us to be your energy supplier. We truly appreciate your business.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

I am happy with Verde, but somebody else gave me cheaper rates. They are giving me 11.79 for 36 months, for three years, and right now, I'm talking to them.

Verde Energy response

Thank you for your honest feedback regarding your experience with Verde. We'd be happy to help you with any alternative rate options so that we can retain your business. Please feel free to call us and one of our friendly agents will assist you at 1-800-388-3862.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

They're on terms so when I didn't realize my term was about to be up, I had a really large electric bill. It was because the cents per kilowatt went extremely high. It was over $100 just in that, which wasn't even from our usage. I said to them, “I'll stay with you guys if you give me a term or a really good low rate, but I need help paying for this.” and they were gonna send me a $50 gift card.

When anyone ever asked me how it is having the solar panels on top of an electric bill, I say you still are paying two providers monthly. But during the summer months, you might have some higher solar bills and then your electric bill is like 12 bucks a month. That goes credited into the winter months. My highest bill has been 150. Any time I run into other providers who are always at Walmart, I say I'm already rolled into a term with someone.

Verde Energy response

Thank you for your detailed feedback regarding your experience with us. It's great to know that we resolved your concerns and that you remain a customer of Verde Energy. We appreciate your business.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

Beware!!! I suddenly realized my JCP&L bill was overly expensive this past summer for the month of August. When I carefully looked at my bill I noticed Verde was the supplier. I called JCP&L and was told Verde was my supplier and they were over charging me by more than 20 cents a kilowatt, which may seem like a small amount but on that month's bill I over paid for the electricity Verde was supplying to me by $500!!!

I was mortified. I immediately called Verde and was told that back in 2013 my contract was sold to them by Rescom and since I had not renewed my contract with Verde they just continued to increase my rates. I do not remember signing up for Rescom or Verde! I have no other recourse but to immediately cancel Verde and learn my lessons: do not fall for low rates that can be increased over time and check each bill with a fine tooth comb every month. Please do not allow this company to rip you off too... They may sell you a very good, competitive rate in the beginning but they will raise rates on you if you are not watching them carefully. I now just get my electricity through JCP&L and my bill is back down to where it belongs. Verde is bad.

Verde Energy response

We are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Verde. We'd like the opportunity to review your account to see how we can assist you. Would you mind emailing us at officeofthepresident@verdeenergy.com with your account details? Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2022

I use Verde for the electric and the gas. I've been with them for quite a while. Whenever I renew, the customer service is friendly and courteous.

Verde Energy response

We're overjoyed to read your kind words about our service and friendly Care team. Thank you for sharing your feedback and for allowing us to serve your energy needs.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2022

I've never had a problem with Verde and they're cheaper than the regular supplier around here. So I'm happy.

Verde Energy response

Thank you for leaving us a 5 star review. We're so happy to hear that you found our rates to be cheaper than other suppliers in your area!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

This is the equivalent of the gas station next to the airport that charges $6 a gallon. They get you in with a competitive rate but once your rate expires, they stick it to you. I was charged 5 times the normal rate for 2 months before realizing this. Shame on you for taking advantage of customers like this Verde!

Verde Energy response

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We'd like to confirm that we received your email and will be providing a response to your concerns.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2022

Their customer service was fine when I signed up with them. They were polite and professional.

Verde Energy response

Thank you for sharing your experience with our Customer Service team. We appreciate your business and that you took the time to give us your feedback.

Verde Energy author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Get cost-effective green energy in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Ohio and Pennsylvania. The company offers competitive prices and has a $100 rebate offer for new customers.

• Switch for free: There’s no cost to switch from your current utility provider to Verde Energy.

• No cancellation fee: If you decide to switch companies, there’s no cancellation fee to switch from Verde Energy to another utility company.

• Low cost renewable energy: Verde Energy provides 100 percent renewable energy for their customers. Because they’re an energy supplier and not a utility company, Verde Energy can keep costs competitive for customers.

• Options for homeowners and businesses: Verde Energy provides 100 percent renewable energy services at competitive rates for both homes and businesses.

Verde Energy Company Information