It's that easy Request Information
4.89/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Verde Energy provides green energy and natural gas plans in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. Join over 250,000 residential and business customers who have already switched to Verde Energy USA. New customers get up to a $100 rebate for signing up on select plans and there is no cancellation fee!

9 Verde Energy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 19, 2019

The first time I got Verde Energy, a lady told me they were sending me cashback for the second year from the company but I don't know how many it was. I've been with them for three months already and the bill has changed a lot. With the other company, I pay 100 something on summer, and then now, with Verde, I can be all day with the light on and pay only 30 or 40.

Verde Energy response

We are very happy to hear that you have seen great changes on your energy bill. If you'd like more information on how to receive your cash-back rebate, please call or email us. We are always here to help!

Get expert buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I've decided to use Verde Energy as it saves me money. I went with them since all of their plans are green and going green helps with the electric bill. Some of the electric companies I used were expensive. But with Verde Energy, their cost is not as high like other similar services.

Verde Energy response

We are happy to hear that you chose us for our Green options. It's refreshing to hear that you are enjoying our service and saving money as well! Thank you for your review.

Original review: March 30, 2019

Too many companies called to give me offers and when Verde Energy called me, I was more interested with them. Everything they said was good. I’ve been with them for almost a year and I have no complaints. I don’t have any problem with my electricity and the rate is cheaper. It’s hot in my house so I have more expenses and I told the customer service rep that I have some microwaves, a stove and a refrigerator. He gave me good service. The guy who talked to me said that I gotta call or somebody is going to call me for renewal for another year, so I can put the old utility again. It's the first company I had in my life that had a good job with me. I wanna keep them and I will recommend them to people.

Verde Energy response

We appreciate your business. We know you have a lot of choices when it comes to your energy and we are very grateful that you chose us. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: March 26, 2019

The Verde Energy person that I talked to was a good salesperson and he was able to lock me in a good rate for a year. For three years, my wife had terminal cancer and she had life machines going which caused our electricity bill to be so damn high. Now, with her gone, I keep everything low and I see a difference in the bill no matter what but it does contribute to the new provider. I'd recommend Verde Energy.

Verde Energy response

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to leave us a positive review about your experience. We appreciate your business and send our condolences for the loss of your wife.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Verde Energy called me and said they were cheaper and they offered an incentive. But I did not get that, and when I got my bill and checked it, it was way more than what they had said. I just found out this month about the cost because I don’t usually get my bills mailed to the house. I get them through the internet. But I had a problem with getting my bill, so they sent me a paper bill, and it was three times the amount that I would've been paying if I was on West Penn Power. Verde wasn’t saving me money, so I would like to get off of them and go back to West Penn. Nevertheless, I would still recommend Verde to someone. It’s kinda weird though because I have two companies. One is giving me the power, and the other one is charging me for the power, and then the bill was from West Penn, not Verde. It was confusing.

Verde Energy response

Hello Ms. Reefer. We are saddened to hear that you wish to cancel your services and that you are confused with your bill. We are here to help clear any confusion you may have. Please don't hesitate to call or email us.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verde Energy?

Original review: May 15, 2019

Verde Energy was going to give me rebates so I signed up with them. I see a difference in the bill and their customer service has been awesome. They have been easy to work with.

Verde Energy response

We appreciate your business and your feedback. We are glad to hear that you have had an easy experience and have noticed a difference in your energy bill.

Original review: April 18, 2019

Verde Energy sounded good to me. I first found out about them through a phone call and they were the first provider that I've ever used. About two and a half months ago, they're supposed to send me a rebate check. I never got it. Still, they are the best.

Verde Energy response

Thank you for your review and allowing us to be your very first supplier. If you'd like an update on the status of your rebate, please don't hesitate to call us or email us.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I went online and looked at Verde Energy and over a different electricity and natural gas provider, it was their fixed rate that made me choose them. It is the going rate so it has been fine. The rebate program is good and they sent they sent it right away.

Verde Energy response

It sounds like you knew exactly what you were looking for and we are glad that you chose us as your energy supplier. Thank you for leaving us your feedback and for being a part of the Verde Energy family.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Verde Energy seems better for me. I have National Grid and they coordinate well with Verde Energy. I talked to National Grid, and they said that I am probably saving right now, but it fluctuates.

Verde Energy response

We are happy to hear that you are enjoying our services with no issues. Thank you for allowing us to be your energy supplier. We truly appreciate your business.

Verde Energy expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Get cost-effective green energy in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Ohio and Pennsylvania. The company offers competitive prices and has a $100 rebate offer for new customers.

• Switch for free: There’s no cost to switch from your current utility provider to Verde Energy.

• No cancellation fee: If you decide to switch companies, there’s no cancellation fee to switch from Verde Energy to another utility company.

• Low cost renewable energy: Verde Energy provides 100 percent renewable energy for their customers. Because they’re an energy supplier and not a utility company, Verde Energy can keep costs competitive for customers.

• Options for homeowners and businesses: Verde Energy provides 100 percent renewable energy services at competitive rates for both homes and businesses.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs