2. Homeowners
  3. Utilities
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.50/5

Verde Energy provides green energy and natural gas plans in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. Join over 250,000 residential and business customers who have already switched to Verde Energy USA. New customers get up to a $100 rebate for signing up on select plans and there is no cancellation fee!

Verde Energy Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verde Energy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verde Energy?

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

I used another electric company before and their prices were too expensive for the wattage. I was looking to cut my electric bill and find the best offer on the market and I was happy with the offer that Verde Energy had. When I first called to get set up, the representative was extremely friendly and helped me get into a three-month or four-month plan. But I would like to get into the rate I'm at now, extended or something like that, especially since I’ll be moving to Carlisle. Even though we switched, we don't run lights all the time, and try to not still be wasteful. Verde is reducing my electric bill. Clean cheap energy beats any of these other competitors. Signing up and getting switched was a very easy process and they got it done.

Verde Energy response

We're very glad to hear that you are enjoying our low rates. Please remember that at the end of your contract, you can renew for a new competitive rate. Don't hesitate to call our customer service for any questions about our rates or account concerns.

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

Verde Energy is perfect and beautiful. I've been getting calls from other electric companies and they don't come near Verde's price per kilowatt. I was with PP&L and my bills were horrible. So I then started shopping around online, looking at different companies and their rates per kilowatts. I came across Verde and their prices were a little bit less than some of the companies 'cause every little bit counts to me. When I called Verde and told them I wanted to sign up, they gave me a lesser price as well when I signed up. The people were very informative and very professional. They listen and they let you say what you need to say. Also, they knew their products. I'd tell my friends and family to shop around but to still call Verde because they might give them another price for six months to a year. I'm very pleased with them.

Verde Energy response

We truly appreciate your kind words. It's rewarding to hear that you have had such a great experience and that you would recommend us to your friends and family. Thank you for your business and your positive review.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

Our state has a website and I shop for energy there every year, so it's a pretty seamless process. Verde Energy had the fixed-rate and it seemed to be a reputable company. Signing up with them was very easy. The price is very good. But in my welcome packet, I received two rebate certificates for $50 each. I was supposed to mail one in after three months and then another one after six months. So, I've mailed in the one after three months last October and haven't heard or received from them. It has been eight weeks now.

Verde Energy response

It sounds like you are a savvy shopper and we are glad that you found our company. Our records indicate that you have already spoken to our customer service regarding the rebates.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

I went with Verde because of the price as far as the length of time, and also I like green energy. It's very good to have if you can get it done green energy because it helps the planet. The more Verde notifies the people, the better it is. A lot of the other companies would only send something in the mail and say, "Well, it's not my problem that you didn't get it in the mail or whatever." It will also be good if they encourage people and say, "These are our new rates that are coming up. You will be due now, as of two months from now. Would you like to get on this new rates for this amount for a year, or this for two years or whatever?" That would be very encouraging for people.

Verde Energy response

Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate any and all feedback.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

Right now, I own this house. Dad passed away. I got bills like crazy. When I heard somewhat for a cheaper price, that was fine by me, and Verde Energy was. But I didn't wanna jump in to somewhere there was some catch to it and then down the road, "Well, you owe this." If it's a clean smooth move for $10, $15, $20 off the bill a month, I wish I could do it on every bill that I have here but it doesn't work that way. Hopefully, there's not much involved with it. Nowadays, when somebody calls you with offers, all you gotta do is burp or something, it will be like, "Yes. Okay, got him." So, that's all I took. I’ll just have a cheaper price, we discussed it, and I went through with it. I'm on a month-to-month contract.

I'm not even sure what my cheaper rate is. I'm dealing with so many bills. I just get the bill and I pay it, simple. I don't study the back of it. I don't do the meter reading and stuff on the back of the page. Pretty much, it makes its way to the garbage can. If I save up every bill or receipt, they would be up to the ceiling. So, when I heard a 10 or 15, cheaper on my monthly gas bill, hey, that's fine. Let's go through with it. But you get the other company like, "Why did change to other?" Even Duquesne Light is making some type of change but keep feeding me. I'll cancel out anybody to save a buck.

Verde Energy response

Please accept our sincerest condolences on the passing of your father. It's very tough dealing with the death of a loved one, especially a parent, and taking over their affairs. We are happy that we were able to assist you with our services. Should you have any questions about your charges or plan, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. Thank you for your business.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

I hadn't had a secondary provider for a while, and my main provider, PECO is fine. I have no complaints about them, but Verde had a good plan for reducing my costs, and they came through with that. It would be great if they could reduce it even more, but that might be an unrealistic thing. All in all, I love Verde Energy. They’ve been great. Just yesterday when I was at the supermarket, I recommended them to the cashier.

Verde Energy response

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad to hear that you've reduced your energy costs and that you recommended us. As a reminder, you can earn referral incentives by recommending friends or family. For more information, you can visit our website or contact Customer Service.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

I appreciate Verde Energy. There haven't been any problems and it's all going smoothly. If they are offering to try to have a lower impact environmentally, that is good.

Verde Energy response

We truly appreciate you and your business. It's great to hear that you have had a smooth experience.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

We're electric. We had PP&L, and since switching over to Verde Energy, our bill has been a lot cheaper. The service has been very good too. We're very well pleased with them.

Verde Energy response

We're glad to hear that you've had a great experience and that you are enjoying cheaper bills. Thank you for your review and your business.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

Verde is cheaper. It was a good price, so I took it. Their website was easy to use.

Verde Energy response

Thank you for your feedback. We truly appreciate your business.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

I'm eco-conscious so I've chosen green energy. We went with Verde Energy for the rates that they offered. Their reps were very courteous. I'm satisfied with their service.

Verde Energy response

Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate your business and your kind words.

Verde Energy author review by ConsumerAffairs

Get cost-effective green energy in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Ohio and Pennsylvania. The company offers competitive prices and has a $100 rebate offer for new customers.

• Switch for free: There’s no cost to switch from your current utility provider to Verde Energy.

• No cancellation fee: If you decide to switch companies, there’s no cancellation fee to switch from Verde Energy to another utility company.

• Low cost renewable energy: Verde Energy provides 100 percent renewable energy for their customers. Because they’re an energy supplier and not a utility company, Verde Energy can keep costs competitive for customers.

• Options for homeowners and businesses: Verde Energy provides 100 percent renewable energy services at competitive rates for both homes and businesses.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team