2. Homeowners
  3. Utilities
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.52/5

Verde Energy provides green energy and natural gas plans in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. Join over 250,000 residential and business customers who have already switched to Verde Energy USA. New customers get up to a $100 rebate for signing up on select plans and there is no cancellation fee!

Verde Energy Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

Right now, I own this house. Dad passed away. I got bills like crazy. When I heard somewhat for a cheaper price, that was fine by me, and Verde Energy was. But I didn't wanna jump in to somewhere there was some catch to it and then down the road, "Well, you owe this." If it's a clean smooth move for $10, $15, $20 off the bill a month, I wish I could do it on every bill that I have here but it doesn't work that way. Hopefully, there's not much involved with it. Nowadays, when somebody calls you with offers, all you gotta do is burp or something, it will be like, "Yes. Okay, got him." So, that's all I took. I’ll just have a cheaper price, we discussed it, and I went through with it. I'm on a month-to-month contract.

I'm not even sure what my cheaper rate is. I'm dealing with so many bills. I just get the bill and I pay it, simple. I don't study the back of it. I don't do the meter reading and stuff on the back of the page. Pretty much, it makes its way to the garbage can. If I save up every bill or receipt, they would be up to the ceiling. So, when I heard a 10 or 15, cheaper on my monthly gas bill, hey, that's fine. Let's go through with it. But you get the other company like, "Why did change to other?" Even Duquesne Light is making some type of change but keep feeding me. I'll cancel out anybody to save a buck.

Verde Energy response

Please accept our sincerest condolences on the passing of your father. It's very tough dealing with the death of a loved one, especially a parent, and taking over their affairs. We are happy that we were able to assist you with our services. Should you have any questions about your charges or plan, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. Thank you for your business.

Get expert buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

My Verde Energy experience has been good so far. When I went looking for electric, Verde Energy was on the PA Power Switch. At the time, they had the best rate. We were all electric and they were offering a rate for folks like us that didn’t have natural gas or anything that’s a bit better than anybody else did. Since then, our monthly bill was less expensive. We were with them when we first move out here. And then my contract expired, and their price went up to a point where there were better offers out there. So, we weren’t with them for a period of time, and then they kept calling me and saying that they got this offer.

The thing that was a bit irritating was the first time my contract expired with them, I went on a floating rate and I didn’t really get any notification that that was the case. And so, we ended up paying quite a bit more for a couple of months. And then getting hold of somebody initially to say, “Let us go back to the power company if we’re gonna float rates” was a bit difficult. So, you had to play some games with their phone system. When you selected the option of saying that you wanted to discontinue the service, you sat on hold forever. So, I had to trick it by saying, “I wanna sign up for new service.” Then I got somebody right away.

Verde Energy response

Thank you for your business and for giving us another chance to be your energy supplier. We appreciate your feedback. Happy holidays!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

Someone let me know about adding Verde Energy to my energy bill to save me money and help me. With our situation, we could use any help we could get. We researched about Verde Energy and they have mostly good feedback and excellent ratings. We got somebody on the phone. Their reps were nice, sweet, polite, informative and helpful. They answered all of my questions and made sure I didn't have any more. They even answered questions that were related to the topic that I didn't think of. We wanted to save the most that we can and with Verde Energy, you save money for a certain amount of time, then it doubles your rate. Plus, they work with you. I'd refer them to friends.

Verde Energy response

We are glad to hear that you had such a great experience with the customer service representatives and that you would refer your friends. Don't forget that you can receive incentives like gift cards for referring your friends; if you'd like to inquire on how to participate, please contact our Customer Service department.

Original review: June 1, 2019

I went into a store and they told me about Verde Energy. The provider I previously had was charging me a little more so I switched to Verde. Also, the green energy product is better for the earth and I try to help the earth. And the reps I worked with were helpful and polite. I would tell others to try it out and experience it for themselves to see how my experience is because it’s a good energy saver.

Verde Energy response

It sounds like we were in the right place at the right time to help you save money on your energy bill. We are glad to hear that you would recommend us to others. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: May 25, 2019

When I first signed up with Verde Energy, they said my electricity bill would stay the same but it hasn’t. The first summer we moved in, it was only $54 a month, which was amazing. And then, the following year, as soon as winter started, it went up to $700. I went on a payment plan because I can’t afford $700, and it’s been in the $300 or $400 since then. There’s no reason for my electric bill to be $300 or more every single month. There’s only two of us living there. My son lives there on the weekends, but we turn off everything. The only things that are always plugged in are my freezer and refrigerator.

When I talked to Verde's reps, they gave me all the information and they've helped me so far. I don't think it is their fault that my electric bill is garbage. The rep did tell me that my rates would stay the same for a year. I’m gonna have Met-Ed come and check all the electricity and see what’s draining most of the power. I think it is just because we need to get the whole house rewired.

Verde Energy response

We are sorry to hear that your electricity bill has increased. We hope that there has been a slight difference in your bills since you enrolled this winter and we hope that Met-Ed is able to determine the reason why your usage is so high.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verde Energy?

Original review: March 18, 2020

I was shopping, and Verde company was at Walmart. I wanted a low energy bill and the rep was good. Now, my payments are way better than they were before. I like them.

Verde Energy response

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be your energy supplier. We are happy to hear that your payments are better. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: March 15, 2020

The Verde reps were here one day. But I just got home from the hospital and I didn't wanna speak to anybody and they said that they'll come back around some time. I don't like their prices but so far, the bill is about the same. It's all right though and I haven't had any trouble with them.

Verde Energy response

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the price you have. We'd like to assure you that our prices are very competitive and you are always free to contact your local utility to compare their current price to the rate you have. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Original review: March 14, 2020

We had Verde a few years back. I found them on the internet at that time. Then, I went with them again because their rate was the best I could find at the time I had to change. As a company, they're fine. I have a few tens of cents difference than PP&L, but we're grateful for it and we don't have any problems with them. Thank you for the little lower price. It’s for the whole year and there are no fees to join and no fees if I wanna cancel. I like all of that.

Verde Energy response

We are very happy to hear that you decided to give us the opportunity to be your supplier once again. We truly appreciate your business and you taking the time to leave us your feedback. Thank you for being our customer.

Original review: March 8, 2020

I’ve been using Verde in the 20 years that I live in here and they’re better. They’re on time and they let me pay $50. The coronavirus is in the air and I won’t come out for anything, but I want to pay some money for the electricity.

Verde Energy response

We are glad to hear that you are enjoying our services and that you are being safe by staying home. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: March 3, 2020

I looked on the internet and Verde Energy was the cheapest provider there. I’ve had service with them for a couple of months and since switching to them, I have cheaper bills.

Verde Energy response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback about your experience with Verde Energy. We are delighted to hear that your search for low rates led you to our company. We appreciate your business.

Verde Energy expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Get cost-effective green energy in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Ohio and Pennsylvania. The company offers competitive prices and has a $100 rebate offer for new customers.

• Switch for free: There’s no cost to switch from your current utility provider to Verde Energy.

• No cancellation fee: If you decide to switch companies, there’s no cancellation fee to switch from Verde Energy to another utility company.

• Low cost renewable energy: Verde Energy provides 100 percent renewable energy for their customers. Because they’re an energy supplier and not a utility company, Verde Energy can keep costs competitive for customers.

• Options for homeowners and businesses: Verde Energy provides 100 percent renewable energy services at competitive rates for both homes and businesses.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team