2. Homeowners
  3. Utilities

4.5/5 (66 ratings)

About Verde Energy

Verde Energy provides green energy and natural gas plans in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. Join over 250,000 residential and business customers who have already switched to Verde Energy USA. New customers get up to a $100 rebate for signing up on select plans and there is no cancellation fee!

Verde Energy Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verde Energy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verde Energy?

Original review: May 5, 2021

We were with FirstEnergy and we got some letter, which we found out later was from another company trying to scare us into picking them. We could have stayed with the same company we had, but we didn't because at that point, we thought FirstEnergy was no longer going to cover our area. I got online, and Verde Energy company was the cheapest. They gave us the best rate. It was a fixed rate and that's something else that we were looking into.

I signed us up for Verde and everybody's been super. I didn't have to call FirstEnergy to switch over. They took care of everything for me and I appreciated that. We also got a $50 rebate, but we're concerned because our electric bill is much higher than it ever was with FirstEnergy or with West Penn Power before that. During this pandemic, and with work being scarce and we're retired, it's tough with those electric bills creeping up. Other than lowering the rate though, we never noticed anything wrong with our past servers and everything has been smooth.

Verde Energy response

We sorry to hear of the situation that caused you to leave your original supplier; however, we're happy that you chose us to be your new supplier. Thank you for sharing your experience so far.

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

The fact that Verde Energy is a green company makes it extra good. But our first consideration for choosing them was the price point. We're actually converting to solar. But in the wintertime, we tend to have rather high electric bills, We're in the northeast and it gets pretty cold. Our heat and everything we do is electric, so it's crucial to have a good supply at a reasonable rate. So we were looking for something with a low price point per kilowatt-hour. Energy rates only climb, so to have a fixed rate for a while is a very beneficial thing for us ‘cause our house is totally electric. My husband was quite pleased with Verde Energy's customer service. They got back to him, got his information and we got signed up quickly. It was very simple and we were pleased with our price point that we got per kilowatt-hour. Since using Verde, there has been a difference in the electric bill at the end of the month.

Verde Energy response

Thank you for your detailed experience. We definitely the importance of renewable energy as well as keeping our prices competitive. We appreciate your business and hope that we can remain your supplier for many years to come.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

I have a meter in my main house where my husband and I live, and one on the other side of the house on my mother's little apartment where I have two cats living. I only have a refrigerator normally on when my bill on that side went from $10 a month to almost $500 for the month of July. I've been trying to work with Atlantic City Electric because they're the ones that comprise my bills but they're not the provider. I said that it was a mistake because on the side of the house where I had ceiling fans and air conditioner, plus the pool that we run the filter constantly, the bill was only a little over $300.

I didn't contact Atlantic Electric immediately because I didn't have the energy to contend with the three hour phone call by the time you get to somebody that you need to talk to, with all of the cut offs, and you have to redial and go through that whole process. So, I figured that by next month, they would have seen the problem and they would correct it. The next month came and it was $270. So I called them.

I only called Verde Energy to switch over and the reps were very professional. They told me that I could switch out at any time with no extra costs. Ehen I spoke to Atlantic Electric when this was happening, I asked what the kilowatts per hour was and they said that I was at a lower kilowatt hour with Verde, which was why I stayed. I have not found any issues as far as dealing with Verde but I haven't called them about this problem and maybe I should. They haven't done anything to make me not feel like I can trust them. I was thinking that this issue may be Atlantic Electric not reading the meter properly or maybe the meter is not working correctly.

Verde Energy response

Thank you for sharing your very detailed experience. While we're happy to hear that your utility confirmed we gave you a lower rate, it does sound like the meter reading could be off but that can only be addressed by ACE. If they provide an updated reading, our charges should be adjusted as well. If you have any other questions or concerns, we're happy to help.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

I used another electric company before and their prices were too expensive for the wattage. I was looking to cut my electric bill and find the best offer on the market and I was happy with the offer that Verde Energy had. When I first called to get set up, the representative was extremely friendly and helped me get into a three-month or four-month plan. But I would like to get into the rate I'm at now, extended or something like that, especially since I’ll be moving to Carlisle. Even though we switched, we don't run lights all the time, and try to not still be wasteful. Verde is reducing my electric bill. Clean cheap energy beats any of these other competitors. Signing up and getting switched was a very easy process and they got it done.

Verde Energy response

We're very glad to hear that you are enjoying our low rates. Please remember that at the end of your contract, you can renew for a new competitive rate. Don't hesitate to call our customer service for any questions about our rates or account concerns.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

Verde Energy is perfect and beautiful. I've been getting calls from other electric companies and they don't come near Verde's price per kilowatt. I was with PP&L and my bills were horrible. So I then started shopping around online, looking at different companies and their rates per kilowatts. I came across Verde and their prices were a little bit less than some of the companies 'cause every little bit counts to me. When I called Verde and told them I wanted to sign up, they gave me a lesser price as well when I signed up. The people were very informative and very professional. They listen and they let you say what you need to say. Also, they knew their products. I'd tell my friends and family to shop around but to still call Verde because they might give them another price for six months to a year. I'm very pleased with them.

Verde Energy response

We truly appreciate your kind words. It's rewarding to hear that you have had such a great experience and that you would recommend us to your friends and family. Thank you for your business and your positive review.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

I signed up online and the site was easy to navigate. I received a letter in the mail after I signed up with them, but I haven't noticed any difference in the services. Also, I've had them eight months and my bill is about the same.

Verde Energy response

Hi Nancy, We at Spark Energy are so happy you are satisfied with the quality of our service. It means a lot! Thank you for choosing Spark Energy, we are thankful for outstanding customers like you, and appreciate your business and feedback.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

Used to love this company, even referred neighbors/friends because of the great savings. Signed up again when our 2 yr contract was done. Not sure what has happened - but how did we use less energy this year but our bill is over $100 more???? 2020 use was 1598 kwh for a bill of $302 and this year 2021 we used 1376 kwh (222 kwh less), but our bill is now $408!!!! Never, ever in 25 years of living in this house was our bill ever this much. Not happy!

Verde Energy response

We understand your frustration regarding your bill increase and we'd be happy to review your account with you. Please email us at officeofthepresident@verdeenergy.com with your concerns and account information. Thank you.

Original review: June 29, 2021

At the time that I signed up, Verde Energy was the best choice for a monthly payment. I'm satisfied with their customer service and the website is very informative.

Verde Energy response

We're delighted to know that you are satisfied with our services. We appreciate your business and you taking the time to leave us a few words about your experience with us. Thank you.

Original review: June 17, 2021

Verde Energy's rate was cheaper. I switched to them and the process was easy.

Verde Energy response

We are happy to hear that the process to switch was easy for you. Thank you for your review and for your business.

Original review: June 3, 2021

I went with Verde partly because of their green energy product and partly because of the cost. I took advantage of a deal that they had when I signed up and I've had no problems with them.

Verde Energy response

Thank you for choosing Verde Energy. We appreciate your feedback and your business.

Verde Energy author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Get cost-effective green energy in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Ohio and Pennsylvania. The company offers competitive prices and has a $100 rebate offer for new customers.

• Switch for free: There’s no cost to switch from your current utility provider to Verde Energy.

• No cancellation fee: If you decide to switch companies, there’s no cancellation fee to switch from Verde Energy to another utility company.

• Low cost renewable energy: Verde Energy provides 100 percent renewable energy for their customers. Because they’re an energy supplier and not a utility company, Verde Energy can keep costs competitive for customers.

• Options for homeowners and businesses: Verde Energy provides 100 percent renewable energy services at competitive rates for both homes and businesses.

Verde Energy Company Information