4.1/5 (138 ratings)

About Verde Energy

Verde Energy provides green energy and natural gas plans in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. Join over 250,000 residential and business customers who have already switched to Verde Energy USA. New customers get up to a $100 rebate for signing up on select plans and there is no cancellation fee!

Verde Energy Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verde Energy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verde Energy?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

This is the equivalent of the gas station next to the airport that charges $6 a gallon. They get you in with a competitive rate but once your rate expires, they stick it to you. I was charged 5 times the normal rate for 2 months before realizing this. Shame on you for taking advantage of customers like this Verde!

Verde Energy response

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We'd like to confirm that we received your email and will be providing a response to your concerns.

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

I am happy with Verde, but somebody else gave me cheaper rates. They are giving me 11.79 for 36 months, for three years, and right now, I'm talking to them.

Verde Energy response

Thank you for your honest feedback regarding your experience with Verde. We'd be happy to help you with any alternative rate options so that we can retain your business. Please feel free to call us and one of our friendly agents will assist you at 1-800-388-3862.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

They're on terms so when I didn't realize my term was about to be up, I had a really large electric bill. It was because the cents per kilowatt went extremely high. It was over $100 just in that, which wasn't even from our usage. I said to them, “I'll stay with you guys if you give me a term or a really good low rate, but I need help paying for this.” and they were gonna send me a $50 gift card.

When anyone ever asked me how it is having the solar panels on top of an electric bill, I say you still are paying two providers monthly. But during the summer months, you might have some higher solar bills and then your electric bill is like 12 bucks a month. That goes credited into the winter months. My highest bill has been 150. Any time I run into other providers who are always at Walmart, I say I'm already rolled into a term with someone.

Verde Energy response

Thank you for your detailed feedback regarding your experience with us. It's great to know that we resolved your concerns and that you remain a customer of Verde Energy. We appreciate your business.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2022

Their customer service was fine when I signed up with them. They were polite and professional.

Verde Energy response

Thank you for sharing your experience with our Customer Service team. We appreciate your business and that you took the time to give us your feedback.

Original review: June 30, 2022

I am pleased with the service but I am upset that the rate doubled from last year. I am a senior on a fixed income and was told they could do nothing for me. Not great customer service. I would expect a little more for a so called valued customer.

Verde Energy response

We understand your frustration regarding your rate increase and we'd be happy to review your account with you. Please email us at officeofthepresident@verdeenergy.com with your concerns and account information. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

If you are reading this review, please do yourself a favor and don't sign up with them. In my case, I had cancelled with Verde because of higher rates, they called me and wanted to know why. The gal was insisting that they wanted me to stay with them. Finally, I told her clearly, that I wanted to cancel them as supplier. Very high sales promotion in my opinion. The call was recorded!

Verde Energy response

We are saddened to hear that you wished to cancel. It’s important for us to understand why a customer wants to cancel so we can identify ways to improve or offer a resolution. We apologize for any inconvenience and invite you to email us at officeofthepresident@verdeenergy.com if you have any other concerns you’d like for us to address.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

I signed up online and the site was easy to navigate. I received a letter in the mail after I signed up with them, but I haven't noticed any difference in the services. Also, I've had them eight months and my bill is about the same.

Verde Energy response

Hi Nancy, We at Spark Energy are so happy you are satisfied with the quality of our service. It means a lot! Thank you for choosing Spark Energy, we are thankful for outstanding customers like you, and appreciate your business and feedback.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

Used to love this company, even referred neighbors/friends because of the great savings. Signed up again when our 2 yr contract was done. Not sure what has happened - but how did we use less energy this year but our bill is over $100 more???? 2020 use was 1598 kwh for a bill of $302 and this year 2021 we used 1376 kwh (222 kwh less), but our bill is now $408!!!! Never, ever in 25 years of living in this house was our bill ever this much. Not happy!

Verde Energy response

We understand your frustration regarding your bill increase and we'd be happy to review your account with you. Please email us at officeofthepresident@verdeenergy.com with your concerns and account information. Thank you.

Original review: June 29, 2021

At the time that I signed up, Verde Energy was the best choice for a monthly payment. I'm satisfied with their customer service and the website is very informative.

Verde Energy response

We're delighted to know that you are satisfied with our services. We appreciate your business and you taking the time to leave us a few words about your experience with us. Thank you.

Original review: June 17, 2021

Verde Energy's rate was cheaper. I switched to them and the process was easy.

Verde Energy response

We are happy to hear that the process to switch was easy for you. Thank you for your review and for your business.

Verde Energy author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Get cost-effective green energy in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Ohio and Pennsylvania. The company offers competitive prices and has a $100 rebate offer for new customers.

• Switch for free: There’s no cost to switch from your current utility provider to Verde Energy.

• No cancellation fee: If you decide to switch companies, there’s no cancellation fee to switch from Verde Energy to another utility company.

• Low cost renewable energy: Verde Energy provides 100 percent renewable energy for their customers. Because they’re an energy supplier and not a utility company, Verde Energy can keep costs competitive for customers.

• Options for homeowners and businesses: Verde Energy provides 100 percent renewable energy services at competitive rates for both homes and businesses.

Verde Energy Company Information