It's that easy Request Information
4.32/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Verde Energy provides green energy and natural gas plans in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. Join over 250,000 residential and business customers who have already switched to Verde Energy USA. New customers get up to a $100 rebate for signing up on select plans and there is no cancellation fee!

22 Verde Energy Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 21, 2019

I got a phone call from Verde Energy and I liked the way they were talking about it and the savings. Everybody was very informative and they explained everything properly. I gave it a try and it seems to be working. My electric bill seems to be lower than they've been so things are pretty good. I'm not complaining. We'll see how it is over the summer with the air conditioning going all the time.

Verde Energy response

It's always great to hear that your service is running smoothly with no complaints. Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave us feedback. We appreciate you!

Get expert buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 1, 2019

I went into a store and they told me about Verde Energy. The provider I previously had was charging me a little more so I switched to Verde. Also, the green energy product is better for the earth and I try to help the earth. And the reps I worked with were helpful and polite. I would tell others to try it out and experience it for themselves to see how my experience is because it’s a good energy saver.

Verde Energy response

It sounds like we were in the right place at the right time to help you save money on your energy bill. We are glad to hear that you would recommend us to others. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: May 25, 2019

When I first signed up with Verde Energy, they said my electricity bill would stay the same but it hasn’t. The first summer we moved in, it was only $54 a month, which was amazing. And then, the following year, as soon as winter started, it went up to $700. I went on a payment plan because I can’t afford $700, and it’s been in the $300 or $400 since then. There’s no reason for my electric bill to be $300 or more every single month. There’s only two of us living there. My son lives there on the weekends, but we turn off everything. The only things that are always plugged in are my freezer and refrigerator.

When I talked to Verde's reps, they gave me all the information and they've helped me so far. I don't think it is their fault that my electric bill is garbage. The rep did tell me that my rates would stay the same for a year. I’m gonna have Met-Ed come and check all the electricity and see what’s draining most of the power. I think it is just because we need to get the whole house rewired.

Verde Energy response

We are sorry to hear that your electricity bill has increased. We hope that there has been a slight difference in your bills since you enrolled this winter and we hope that Met-Ed is able to determine the reason why your usage is so high.

Original review: March 30, 2019

Too many companies called to give me offers and when Verde Energy called me, I was more interested with them. Everything they said was good. I’ve been with them for almost a year and I have no complaints. I don’t have any problem with my electricity and the rate is cheaper. It’s hot in my house so I have more expenses and I told the customer service rep that I have some microwaves, a stove and a refrigerator. He gave me good service. The guy who talked to me said that I gotta call or somebody is going to call me for renewal for another year, so I can put the old utility again. It's the first company I had in my life that had a good job with me. I wanna keep them and I will recommend them to people.

Verde Energy response

We appreciate your business. We know you have a lot of choices when it comes to your energy and we are very grateful that you chose us. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Verde Energy called me and said they were cheaper and they offered an incentive. But I did not get that, and when I got my bill and checked it, it was way more than what they had said. I just found out this month about the cost because I don’t usually get my bills mailed to the house. I get them through the internet. But I had a problem with getting my bill, so they sent me a paper bill, and it was three times the amount that I would've been paying if I was on West Penn Power. Verde wasn’t saving me money, so I would like to get off of them and go back to West Penn. Nevertheless, I would still recommend Verde to someone. It’s kinda weird though because I have two companies. One is giving me the power, and the other one is charging me for the power, and then the bill was from West Penn, not Verde. It was confusing.

Verde Energy response

Hello Ms. Reefer. We are saddened to hear that you wish to cancel your services and that you are confused with your bill. We are here to help clear any confusion you may have. Please don't hesitate to call or email us.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verde Energy?

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

Verde Energy is more sufficient and has a more flexible time. There's also a lot of value in it being a green energy product. We've had the service for a year now. My husband and I always look at our bill, and the supply charge or the delivery charge is way higher than normal. But we've yet to bring this up to Verde's attention. We're trying to get on that their new energy-saving program where they have all those solar panels out and it is supposed to help lower your energy.

Verde Energy response

Thank you for your feedback. It is typical to see higher charges during the summer months as your energy usage increases. If you'd like for a customer service representative to go over our charges and your usage with you, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

My bill went from 300.00 a month to 750.00. Their price is double what Jcpl charges. Don't trust them. They are not regulated and charge whatever they want. Do not use this company. I have my attorney looking into their procedures. I was mislead and told false information.

Verde Energy response

We are sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience. We'd like the opportunity to review and assist you with your account. Can you please email us with your concerns and account details? Thank you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

Verde is a bait and switch scam. They use deceptive tactics to provide "fixed" rates for 6 months, then jack up rates to almost twice the utility rates. Currently under class action law suit in multiple states. Stay away.

Verde Energy response

Thank you for your feedback. Typically, right before a fixed rate contract is about to expire, we send a notice to make our customers aware that it's time to renew so they can avoid paying fluctuating variable rates. We can assure you that it is not a bait and switch. If you'd like for us to review your account and discuss further, please email us at officeofthepresident@verdeenergy.com.

Original review: July 10, 2019

My 89 year old mother in law was somehow switched to Verde Energy's variable rate. We assume she received a notification to choose variable or fixed rate, that she didn't respond and was defaulted to the variable rate. This was bad enough, but last month her delivery charge was over $145 and her actual usages was $66. We called to cancel with Verde and were informed that the switch could take one to two billing cycles. So we're left with two more months of exorbitant rates. This month's bill arrived. Delivery charges this month are $159. It is infuriating that this company is taking advantage of an old woman on a very limited fixed income. TWO months to cancel this service is criminal.

Verde Energy response

We apologize for your mother's experience. Please be aware that Verde Energy has no control over the delivery charges - those are charges from your utility and they calculate them. The reason we advise that the time-frame to cancel is one to two bill cycles is because your utility determines when our service is cancelled and typically occurs on the next available meter read date. We'd like the chance to review your mother's account and discuss further - can you please email us? Thank you.

Original review: July 9, 2019

I had a phone call from Verde Energy and I thought that they were offering me some kind of a program or a package. Also, I thought the green plan was gonna be cheaper than the rest. I signed up because they were saying that they would have cheaper rates. The last time I talked to their reps, they seemed to be very nice and they explained things to me. It's going pretty good with Verde so far and I haven't had any issues with it.

Verde Energy response

Thank you for your 5 star review. We are happy to hear that everything is going well and you haven't had any issues. Welcome to the Verde Energy family.

Verde Energy expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Get cost-effective green energy in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Ohio and Pennsylvania. The company offers competitive prices and has a $100 rebate offer for new customers.

• Switch for free: There’s no cost to switch from your current utility provider to Verde Energy.

• No cancellation fee: If you decide to switch companies, there’s no cancellation fee to switch from Verde Energy to another utility company.

• Low cost renewable energy: Verde Energy provides 100 percent renewable energy for their customers. Because they’re an energy supplier and not a utility company, Verde Energy can keep costs competitive for customers.

• Options for homeowners and businesses: Verde Energy provides 100 percent renewable energy services at competitive rates for both homes and businesses.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs