It's that easy Request Information
4.74/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Verde Energy provides green energy and natural gas plans in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. Join over 250,000 residential and business customers who have already switched to Verde Energy USA. New customers get up to a $100 rebate for signing up on select plans and there is no cancellation fee!

19 Verde Energy Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 21, 2019

I got a phone call from Verde Energy and I liked the way they were talking about it and the savings. Everybody was very informative and they explained everything properly. I gave it a try and it seems to be working. My electric bill seems to be lower than they've been so things are pretty good. I'm not complaining. We'll see how it is over the summer with the air conditioning going all the time.

Verde Energy response

It's always great to hear that your service is running smoothly with no complaints. Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave us feedback. We appreciate you!

Get expert buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 1, 2019

I went into a store and they told me about Verde Energy. The provider I previously had was charging me a little more so I switched to Verde. Also, the green energy product is better for the earth and I try to help the earth. And the reps I worked with were helpful and polite. I would tell others to try it out and experience it for themselves to see how my experience is because it’s a good energy saver.

Verde Energy response

It sounds like we were in the right place at the right time to help you save money on your energy bill. We are glad to hear that you would recommend us to others. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: May 25, 2019

When I first signed up with Verde Energy, they said my electricity bill would stay the same but it hasn’t. The first summer we moved in, it was only $54 a month, which was amazing. And then, the following year, as soon as winter started, it went up to $700. I went on a payment plan because I can’t afford $700, and it’s been in the $300 or $400 since then. There’s no reason for my electric bill to be $300 or more every single month. There’s only two of us living there. My son lives there on the weekends, but we turn off everything. The only things that are always plugged in are my freezer and refrigerator.

When I talked to Verde's reps, they gave me all the information and they've helped me so far. I don't think it is their fault that my electric bill is garbage. The rep did tell me that my rates would stay the same for a year. I’m gonna have Met-Ed come and check all the electricity and see what’s draining most of the power. I think it is just because we need to get the whole house rewired.

Verde Energy response

We are sorry to hear that your electricity bill has increased. We hope that there has been a slight difference in your bills since you enrolled this winter and we hope that Met-Ed is able to determine the reason why your usage is so high.

Original review: March 30, 2019

Too many companies called to give me offers and when Verde Energy called me, I was more interested with them. Everything they said was good. I’ve been with them for almost a year and I have no complaints. I don’t have any problem with my electricity and the rate is cheaper. It’s hot in my house so I have more expenses and I told the customer service rep that I have some microwaves, a stove and a refrigerator. He gave me good service. The guy who talked to me said that I gotta call or somebody is going to call me for renewal for another year, so I can put the old utility again. It's the first company I had in my life that had a good job with me. I wanna keep them and I will recommend them to people.

Verde Energy response

We appreciate your business. We know you have a lot of choices when it comes to your energy and we are very grateful that you chose us. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Verde Energy called me and said they were cheaper and they offered an incentive. But I did not get that, and when I got my bill and checked it, it was way more than what they had said. I just found out this month about the cost because I don’t usually get my bills mailed to the house. I get them through the internet. But I had a problem with getting my bill, so they sent me a paper bill, and it was three times the amount that I would've been paying if I was on West Penn Power. Verde wasn’t saving me money, so I would like to get off of them and go back to West Penn. Nevertheless, I would still recommend Verde to someone. It’s kinda weird though because I have two companies. One is giving me the power, and the other one is charging me for the power, and then the bill was from West Penn, not Verde. It was confusing.

Verde Energy response

Hello Ms. Reefer. We are saddened to hear that you wish to cancel your services and that you are confused with your bill. We are here to help clear any confusion you may have. Please don't hesitate to call or email us.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verde Energy?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 10, 2019

My 89 year old mother in law was somehow switched to Verde Energy's variable rate. We assume she received a notification to choose variable or fixed rate, that she didn't respond and was defaulted to the variable rate. This was bad enough, but last month her delivery charge was over $145 and her actual usages was $66. We called to cancel with Verde and were informed that the switch could take one to two billing cycles. So we're left with two more months of exorbitant rates. This month's bill arrived. Delivery charges this month are $159. It is infuriating that this company is taking advantage of an old woman on a very limited fixed income. TWO months to cancel this service is criminal.

Verde Energy response

We apologize for your mother's experience. Please be aware that Verde Energy has no control over the delivery charges - those are charges from your utility and they calculate them. The reason we advise that the time-frame to cancel is one to two bill cycles is because your utility determines when our service is cancelled and typically occurs on the next available meter read date. We'd like the chance to review your mother's account and discuss further - can you please email us? Thank you.

Original review: July 9, 2019

I had a phone call from Verde Energy and I thought that they were offering me some kind of a program or a package. Also, I thought the green plan was gonna be cheaper than the rest. I signed up because they were saying that they would have cheaper rates. The last time I talked to their reps, they seemed to be very nice and they explained things to me. It's going pretty good with Verde so far and I haven't had any issues with it.

Verde Energy response

Thank you for your 5 star review. We are happy to hear that everything is going well and you haven't had any issues. Welcome to the Verde Energy family.

Original review: June 18, 2019

Wouldn’t a green energy product be better? I first heard about Verde Energy through something that came in the mail. I read it and I thought it was worth a try. And so far, I don’t have a problem with Verde. It's fine.

Verde Energy response

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to leave us a review! We value your feedback and hope to remain your supplier for many years to come.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I don't make much money and had to go with an option that I know would be better for me. I've been with Verde Energy since October and they keep in touch with me, which is always nice. I would recommend them to a friend.

Verde Energy response

Thank you for your review and for your business. If you have a friend or family member that you'd like to refer, you can receive an incentive thru our Refer-A-Friend program. If you'd like more info, you can visit our website or call to speak to a customer service representative.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I've had Verde Energy for a couple of years then I had to go with Duquesne Light because I have cap. But I'd rather have green and I don’t want like the other stuff. I ended up going back. It was a little bit cheaper and I noticed lower monthly bills. The team at Verde were okay, knowledgeable, and courteous as well.

Verde Energy response

Thank you for considering us again - we are happy to have you back as a customer. We appreciate your review and your business.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I was calling because I needed some assistance with my electricity and I got connected with Verde Energy. I like that their green energy is natural. That’s grass and that’s how one knows that everything is healthy so that’s a good sign. Then a guy said he could come out. He was very professional, kind, and he did a lot for me that day. Now, I have a credit with them like 600 savings a year.

Verde Energy response

It's refreshing to hear that our customers have seen great savings! We are grateful that you allowed us to be your supplier and we hope to retain your business throughout the years.

Original review: May 24, 2019

Going green is better for the economy. It's supposed to produce cleaner air too. Since I signed up with Verde Energy, I see a positive result such as lower monthly bill. I would recommend Verde Energy to a friend.

Verde Energy response

We are always happy to hear such great feedback. Thank you for being a part of the Verde Energy family and for choosing a Green energy plan.

Original review: May 15, 2019

Verde Energy was going to give me rebates so I signed up with them. I see a difference in the bill and their customer service has been awesome. They have been easy to work with.

Verde Energy response

We appreciate your business and your feedback. We are glad to hear that you have had an easy experience and have noticed a difference in your energy bill.

Original review: April 19, 2019

The first time I got Verde Energy, a lady told me they were sending me cashback for the second year from the company but I don't know how many it was. I've been with them for three months already and the bill has changed a lot. With the other company, I pay 100 something on summer, and then now, with Verde, I can be all day with the light on and pay only 30 or 40.

Verde Energy response

We are very happy to hear that you have seen great changes on your energy bill. If you'd like more information on how to receive your cash-back rebate, please call or email us. We are always here to help!

Original review: April 18, 2019

Verde Energy sounded good to me. I first found out about them through a phone call and they were the first provider that I've ever used. About two and a half months ago, they're supposed to send me a rebate check. I never got it. Still, they are the best.

Verde Energy response

Thank you for your review and allowing us to be your very first supplier. If you'd like an update on the status of your rebate, please don't hesitate to call us or email us.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I've decided to use Verde Energy as it saves me money. I went with them since all of their plans are green and going green helps with the electric bill. Some of the electric companies I used were expensive. But with Verde Energy, their cost is not as high like other similar services.

Verde Energy response

We are happy to hear that you chose us for our Green options. It's refreshing to hear that you are enjoying our service and saving money as well! Thank you for your review.

Original review: March 26, 2019

The Verde Energy person that I talked to was a good salesperson and he was able to lock me in a good rate for a year. For three years, my wife had terminal cancer and she had life machines going which caused our electricity bill to be so damn high. Now, with her gone, I keep everything low and I see a difference in the bill no matter what but it does contribute to the new provider. I'd recommend Verde Energy.

Verde Energy response

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to leave us a positive review about your experience. We appreciate your business and send our condolences for the loss of your wife.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I went online and looked at Verde Energy and over a different electricity and natural gas provider, it was their fixed rate that made me choose them. It is the going rate so it has been fine. The rebate program is good and they sent they sent it right away.

Verde Energy response

It sounds like you knew exactly what you were looking for and we are glad that you chose us as your energy supplier. Thank you for leaving us your feedback and for being a part of the Verde Energy family.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Verde Energy seems better for me. I have National Grid and they coordinate well with Verde Energy. I talked to National Grid, and they said that I am probably saving right now, but it fluctuates.

Verde Energy response

We are happy to hear that you are enjoying our services with no issues. Thank you for allowing us to be your energy supplier. We truly appreciate your business.

Verde Energy expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Get cost-effective green energy in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Ohio and Pennsylvania. The company offers competitive prices and has a $100 rebate offer for new customers.

• Switch for free: There’s no cost to switch from your current utility provider to Verde Energy.

• No cancellation fee: If you decide to switch companies, there’s no cancellation fee to switch from Verde Energy to another utility company.

• Low cost renewable energy: Verde Energy provides 100 percent renewable energy for their customers. Because they’re an energy supplier and not a utility company, Verde Energy can keep costs competitive for customers.

• Options for homeowners and businesses: Verde Energy provides 100 percent renewable energy services at competitive rates for both homes and businesses.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs