3.47/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Verde Energy provides green energy and natural gas plans in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. Join over 250,000 residential and business customers who have already switched to Verde Energy USA. New customers get up to a $100 rebate for signing up on select plans and there is no cancellation fee!

Verde Energy Reviews

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

Someone let me know about adding Verde Energy to my energy bill to save me money and help me. With our situation, we could use any help we could get. We researched about Verde Energy and they have mostly good feedback and excellent ratings. We got somebody on the phone. Their reps were nice, sweet, polite, informative and helpful. They answered all of my questions and made sure I didn't have any more. They even answered questions that were related to the topic that I didn't think of. We wanted to save the most that we can and with Verde Energy, you save money for a certain amount of time, then it doubles your rate. Plus, they work with you. I'd refer them to friends.

Verde Energy response

We are glad to hear that you had such a great experience with the customer service representatives and that you would refer your friends. Don't forget that you can receive incentives like gift cards for referring your friends; if you'd like to inquire on how to participate, please contact our Customer Service department.

Get expert buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 1, 2019

I went into a store and they told me about Verde Energy. The provider I previously had was charging me a little more so I switched to Verde. Also, the green energy product is better for the earth and I try to help the earth. And the reps I worked with were helpful and polite. I would tell others to try it out and experience it for themselves to see how my experience is because it’s a good energy saver.

Verde Energy response

It sounds like we were in the right place at the right time to help you save money on your energy bill. We are glad to hear that you would recommend us to others. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: May 25, 2019

When I first signed up with Verde Energy, they said my electricity bill would stay the same but it hasn’t. The first summer we moved in, it was only $54 a month, which was amazing. And then, the following year, as soon as winter started, it went up to $700. I went on a payment plan because I can’t afford $700, and it’s been in the $300 or $400 since then. There’s no reason for my electric bill to be $300 or more every single month. There’s only two of us living there. My son lives there on the weekends, but we turn off everything. The only things that are always plugged in are my freezer and refrigerator.

When I talked to Verde's reps, they gave me all the information and they've helped me so far. I don't think it is their fault that my electric bill is garbage. The rep did tell me that my rates would stay the same for a year. I’m gonna have Met-Ed come and check all the electricity and see what’s draining most of the power. I think it is just because we need to get the whole house rewired.

Verde Energy response

We are sorry to hear that your electricity bill has increased. We hope that there has been a slight difference in your bills since you enrolled this winter and we hope that Met-Ed is able to determine the reason why your usage is so high.

Original review: March 30, 2019

Too many companies called to give me offers and when Verde Energy called me, I was more interested with them. Everything they said was good. I’ve been with them for almost a year and I have no complaints. I don’t have any problem with my electricity and the rate is cheaper. It’s hot in my house so I have more expenses and I told the customer service rep that I have some microwaves, a stove and a refrigerator. He gave me good service. The guy who talked to me said that I gotta call or somebody is going to call me for renewal for another year, so I can put the old utility again. It's the first company I had in my life that had a good job with me. I wanna keep them and I will recommend them to people.

Verde Energy response

We appreciate your business. We know you have a lot of choices when it comes to your energy and we are very grateful that you chose us. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Verde Energy called me and said they were cheaper and they offered an incentive. But I did not get that, and when I got my bill and checked it, it was way more than what they had said. I just found out this month about the cost because I don’t usually get my bills mailed to the house. I get them through the internet. But I had a problem with getting my bill, so they sent me a paper bill, and it was three times the amount that I would've been paying if I was on West Penn Power. Verde wasn’t saving me money, so I would like to get off of them and go back to West Penn. Nevertheless, I would still recommend Verde to someone. It’s kinda weird though because I have two companies. One is giving me the power, and the other one is charging me for the power, and then the bill was from West Penn, not Verde. It was confusing.

Verde Energy response

Hello Ms. Reefer. We are saddened to hear that you wish to cancel your services and that you are confused with your bill. We are here to help clear any confusion you may have. Please don't hesitate to call or email us.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verde Energy?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

In early November of 2018, I received a letter from Verde Energy offering a $100 Rebate Offer for signing with them which I did in July of this year (2019). I submitted the rebate the Rebate forms and did not receive the rebate. On September 9, 2019, I e-mailed Verde (Attn: Larry/Agent **) advising that

I had not received the rebate. No response was received. I called Verde Energy twice over the past couple of months and dealt with very unresponsive agents. Hopefully, this can be resolved.

Sincerely,

Marie

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

My previous supplier gave me a much higher rate and Verde Energy had a comparative one. I was paying 11 cents something, probably more than twice as much I should be paying. Then I had a very pleasant experience with Verde's customer service when I was trying to switch. I’m happy with their service.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

Somebody from Verde Energy came to my house and explained everything, and I just went for that. We felt comfortable about the rep being here and talking to us about Verde Energy. It was cheaper and better that it’s green, because they get the energy through windmills. We already got our first bill and there was about 30 bucks savings. So far, working with Verde Energy has been all right.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

Today I received a call from someone telling me they were from JCPL my electric company. Said person tells me I was very charged and they will send me a check "refund" of $100. Knew my name, address, etc. Can I just confirm my customer number. Like a putz I gave it to him. Then tells me to write down Verde Energy and answer 3 questions that Verde will not be my electric company. If this isn't deceptive business practice I don't know what is. I call Verde and I'm told that it's not Verde but a third party company. Not for nothing, you're paying said third party. If we are not WHY would they be selling your services? I will have my mayor post on his Facebook page about this scam. Sincerely, Lisa **.

Verde Energy response

We are truly concerned with the details of your experience and would like to assure you that Verde Energy does not condone soliciting our services in a fraudulent or misleading manner. Can you please email us at officeofthepresident@verdeenergy.com with the full details so we can review? Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

Verde Energy called me and rather than going from one energy provider to the other, I stuck with them. With Verde, my monthly bill has been lower than when I was with others in the past. So now, I’m good ‘til December when they would call me again to renew.

Verde Energy response

We appreciate your business and your review. We look forwarding to your renewal!

Verde Energy expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Get cost-effective green energy in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Ohio and Pennsylvania. The company offers competitive prices and has a $100 rebate offer for new customers.

• Switch for free: There’s no cost to switch from your current utility provider to Verde Energy.

• No cancellation fee: If you decide to switch companies, there’s no cancellation fee to switch from Verde Energy to another utility company.

• Low cost renewable energy: Verde Energy provides 100 percent renewable energy for their customers. Because they’re an energy supplier and not a utility company, Verde Energy can keep costs competitive for customers.

• Options for homeowners and businesses: Verde Energy provides 100 percent renewable energy services at competitive rates for both homes and businesses.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs