Call toll free
4.54/5
Based on 57 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

TriEagle Energy can be relied on for more than just great electricity rates. With tools like weekly reports that help you track your usage to programs that can help you put money back in your wallet like smart thermostats you can take control of your energy bill like never before. Visit our website or contact us today to learn more about our smart products and electricity plans!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

58 TriEagle Energy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: July 31, 2018

I was moving from Maryland to Texas and my friend recommended TriEagle Energy. I looked them up and the price seemed to be reasonable. Signing up was easy, too. I made a phone call and someone walked me through the process. Renewing was very easy as well. I got an email, then I just clicked on the link and I clicked three clicks and the renewal went through. I’ve been with them for three years now and I'm happy with them.

Get expert buying tips about Texas Electricity Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I've had TriEagle almost five years now and for the most part, my bills are lower than other people. And when I called them, their customer service is pretty good.

Original review: July 25, 2018

We used TriEagle Energy at the other house and this is my second year at this new residence where I also use them. We've had them for seven years and they were a heck of a lot cheaper than TXU. If there’s an outage, they handle it right away and there’s never a problem. So it's a very good service. When you contact them you get a response right away. They send you a weekly report which I love, to let you know how much usage you had last week and how much you’re using this week. They keep you up to date on everything.

They’ll let you know ahead of time that you’re up for a renewal and what everything’s gonna be. And then there’s different plans, you can either have a one-year plan if you think you’re gonna move or you can have a two-year plan and it was really easy when I moved to a different house to roll it right over. I’m very satisfied and I would recommend them to others.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I'm in my second 12 months contract with TriEagle and it's the best energy company I've had so far. It was super easy to renew my plan. I just called my broker to look at different rates and TriEagle was still the cheapest around. I love the weekly email updates on how much energy I’ve used. It estimates my bill as I go along and they’ve been the best price that I’ve had in the nine years that I’ve been in my house.

Original review: July 22, 2018

I like TriEagle. They’re sending messages to let me know what’s my bill and I'm saving a lot compared to my previous provider. My bills stays on 72 or 73 and their reps are very nice. Because I renewed they gave me a free reward -- a $40 gift card came in the mail.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TriEagle Energy?

Original review: July 19, 2018

We shopped on what energy provider to use and TriEagle had the best deal. We've been using them for four years now and they send me updates that show my power usage on a graph. It helps me to watch what I’m using and I like that. And the price is consistent with them. I called them when I moved over from one house to another and there was kind of a mixed up on swapping over the electricity and the guy was a kind of knew-it-all jerk, but it worked out. I also talked to them during power outages and that went pretty good. I renew online and they send me instructions on what I’ll do, I pick my plan and it’s pretty easy.

Original review: July 18, 2018

TriEagle Energy was recommended by a coworker and they are 100% better than our previous provider when it comes to service and the price. I had TXU before and it was always a big issue if I try to talk to someone and my bills were almost three times as much. I've emailed and called TriEagle and they’re always really nice and helpful. It's also easy to renew. They just sent me an email to click a link. They gave me all my options with a different plan and they offered special gifts if you signed up for so long. I’m extremely happy. I tell everyone they should switch. People think it’s a big ordeal to switch but it was very easy and I love it.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I had a different provider some years back and with TriEagle, I'm paying a little bit less. I renewed about a year ago and their reps were fine. They seemed pretty courteous and professional.

TriEagle Energy response

Hi Joe, thank you for sharing your feedback! It is our goal to be the best in the market and earn the loyalty of every single customer.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I am very pleased with TriEagle. Their service is excellent and everything we're doing with them has been a straightforward business. Their price was exactly like they advertised it. I used to be a director for Pedernales Electric Cooperative for 35 years so I know how to look at that stuff. I have three meters with them that I just renewed a few months ago. Their reps are very helpful when you call in to renew or get what the current price is. They're also very friendly. I have recommended TriEagle to people and those people have also been pleased with them.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks for submitting such a stellar review, OC! Our reps are always looking to serve our customers to the highest standard, and we’re glad you noticed. Be sure to take advantage of our Referral Rewards program when recommending us to friends and family! Thanks again!

Original review: July 15, 2018

I'm 71 years old and I've used other electric companies. As far as the electricity and what I get, TriEagle is as good as any of them. However, I wasn't too happy about the thermostat deal that they sold me. They sold me a thermostat that didn't have any sensors for the other rooms. And my house always had cold or hot spots in it. And I've tried to get them. I told them I'd pay the difference and get another Eco-thermostat that had the sensors, but they wouldn't do it. They flatly turned me down. I wasn't gonna re-up with them, but I did because I ran out of time and didn't have time to research anybody else. But other than that, they're fine.

TriEagle Energy response

Hi, Charles. Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We’re glad that you’ve been happy with our energy service, but are sorry to learn of your frustration with your thermostat. We’ll be sure to share your comments with the folks on our product team. Thanks again!

Original review: July 14, 2018

I used TriEagle because of their price and because they have no hidden charges and I have been very satisfied with them. I've been with them for five years now and I just had my contract renewed for another 36 months. The broker renews on my behalf. He lets me know what's going on and I approve it to some degree. I'd recommend TriEagle.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks for the review, Mark! We pride ourselves on our straightforward, no-gimmick energy plans and are happy to have the opportunity to serve you for many years to come!

Original review: July 13, 2018

My husband thinks that our rate is lower because we use TriEagle Energy. He recommended it to other people and I’ve heard him talking to other people about it. We are happy with TriEagle.

TriEagle Energy response

Hi, Sue –thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We’re happy to serve you and your husband and hope that you’ll take advantage of our Referral Rewards program when recommending us to friends and family!

Original review: July 12, 2018

My experience with TriEagle Energy has been excellent all the way around. I moved over here and they were the first one I got. Their cost is reasonable and their representatives are knowledgeable and quick.

TriEagle Energy response

Thank you for such positive feedback, Marcos! From the start we have made it our goal to hire individuals who are passionate about service and willing to go the extra mile.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: July 11, 2018

I felt the reps of TriEagle Energy pushed me to get a monitored thermometer and I didn’t like that. But I went with them because of their price. My interactions with their reps were mostly good as well. I feel good about their quality of service and the cost too. It’s pretty fair.

TriEagle Energy response

Hi, JJ. We thank you for providing your feedback. Our goal is to constantly deliver the very best and match people with products and services that meet their needs. We will be sure to pass your comments along to our team.

Original review: July 10, 2018

TriEagle provides service that is better than average. They are better than my previous provider. Their billing is more simplified. However, I don't know if it's the different programs we get help from or TriEagle themselves, but when I talk to the reps, they've never been very helpful. They should have the information people need. But I've already referred five people to TriEagle and those people are now using their services.

TriEagle Energy response

Hi Ricki, thank you for submitting a review. We are happy to hear you are pleased with your service. Your review is valuable to us as we continue to shape our customer strategy and we will be sure to pass along your feedback to our team. Be sure to take advantage of our Referral Rewards program when recommending us to friends and family! Thanks again!

Original review: July 9, 2018

I first started using TriEagle in 2010 and it doesn't give me any problem. Every time I would call them, I would got a response within 5 minutes and I can directly talk to a rep. So, everything was great and they have been patient with me. But in the last couple of years, it has been harder for me to call them and I get long waiting time. There are some options I have to make to speak to a rep. Other than that, everything is convenient and I chose the fixed rate and I think I paid fair so I stay with it. And I have referred several friends to use their service. Sometimes I talk to my friends and we're talking about our electricity bills. They tell me a price and I would say that TriEagle offers a lower price. I'm paying less than they do.

TriEagle Energy response

Hi, Chunli - thank you for taking the time to write! Your review is valuable to us as we shape our customer strategy. As we continue to grow our business we maintain our core goal of providing customers with memorable and positive experiences. We're proud to be a company you feel confident in referring to your friends and family. Be sure to take advantage of our Referral Rewards program when recommending us!

Original review: July 8, 2018

TriEagle's prices made sense. My old company had higher prices so I switched. I signed up with them online the first time and then the second time, I called on the phone. Their rep was very nice and patient. Plus, she gave me very good recommendations. Currently, I have a three-year contract and my rates are locked in for three years. Also, their company recovers quickly when the power gets shut down, which is very good. I like them and I've been recommending them to friends.

TriEagle Energy response

Hi Yiqing, thank you for submitting a review. We know that you have options and are glad that you chose us. We try to make our renewal process as straightforward as possible and look forward to serving you for many years to come. Don't forget to take advantage of our Referral Rewards program when recommending us to your friends!

Original review: July 7, 2018

It was a little frustrating at first trying to establish service with TriEagle. They got my paperwork mixed up a little bit. But then I went through an agent, and she took care of it for me. The reps of TriEagle were pleasant as well. However, something did happen with one bill. It disappeared. But now, they're sending me paper bills. They were very nice about everything. And then I had to renew online and that was really easy too. Everything seems fine with TriEagle.

TriEagle Energy response

Thank you for sharing your feedback, Maria! We know that you have options and are glad that you chose us. We try to make our renewal process as straightforward as possible and look forward to serving you for many years to come.

Original review: July 6, 2018

TriEagle Energy is great as compared to the other provider I've had in the past due to its price. We save at least $100 a month. I signed up with them online and I did a one year renewal period. I've been using them for three years now and I have had one issue with billing one time where I couldn't get my bill to open. And so I called them and they were able to fix it.

TriEagle Energy response

Hi, Lindsay – thank you for taking the time to write!. Our goal is to constantly deliver the very best and match people with products and services that rock! Our customer care team is always looking to serve our customers to the highest standard, and we’re glad you noticed.

Original review: July 5, 2018

Some friends recommend TriEagle to me and my experience has been good. I signed up online by myself and it was pretty easy. I like that TriEagle has a very clear price and there are no hidden fees. What's on the paperwork is what you get charged. I have used them for three years and they gave me a choice on how long to renew for, and I renewed the last time for another year. I called the reps before I renewed with them to try to negotiate the price and they were friendly. The service is pretty good, though maybe they can negotiate the price a little bit in the future for a long-time customer.

TriEagle Energy response

Hi, Zhaoyang. Thank you for providing your feedback! We are constantly hard at work doing all we can to deliver high-quality experiences to each of our customers and look forward to serving you for many years to come.

Original review: July 4, 2018

I've been with TriEagle for many years. I was using TXU before that but TriEagle's prices are low and there isn't a contract so I know what to expect. Renewing my service is easy and the reps have been professional. By using TriEagle, I'm not spending more than I should. I'm happy with them and we'll continue on as long as they don’t start adding random fees.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks for the review, Randy! We're glad you're enjoying our simple, no-gimmick energy plans. We try to make our renewal process as straightforward as possible and look forward to serving you for many years to come.

Original review: July 3, 2018

TriEagle Energy gives excellent service at a good price and is better than my old company. When I called them for the new plan, they helped me through it. They even made a good information, which was why I had gotten the contract again.

TriEagle Energy response

Thank you for your feedback, Jessica! It is our goal to be the best in the market and earn the loyalty of every single customer.

Original review: July 2, 2018

TriEagle Energy is good. Compared to our previous provider, their rate is cheaper which made me decide to go with them. My interactions with their reps were great. Any time I've had to call them, they were very competent and eager to help me.

TriEagle Energy response

Hi, Sarah – thanks for your feedback! We know that you have options and we are tremendously happy you picked us. We believe that customers deserve memorable and positive experiences and it is up to our reps to deliver. We’re glad they have been able to and look forward to serving you time after time.

Original review: July 1, 2018

TriEagle Energy was a little bit cheaper than what I had in the past. I sold and bought another house, so I called them to transfer the service. Their level of knowledge and expertise as well as the quality of service were good.

TriEagle Energy response

Hi, Gordon. Thank you for giving us a try! We are constantly hard at work doing all we can to deliver high quality experiences to each of our customers and look forward to serving you for many years to come!

Original review: June 6, 2018

I have been a customer TriEagle for years. I USED to recommend you to all my tenants. Then in January due to your customer service's utter incompetence I had to pay a deposit to get service turned on at **. I paid $117.88 for 20 days of service, and when the tenant moved in, you refused/failed to return my deposit. I used to direct 3 or 4 customers to TriEagle a year - this mistake has been corrected. Never again.

TriEagle Energy response

Mark, we sincerely apologize for any miscommunication with our customer service team and want to help. TriEagle firmly believes in cooperating with customer requests to the best of our abilities. If we can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to call Customer Care at (877) 933-2453 or email customercare@trieagleenergy.com.

Original review: May 31, 2018

TriEagle is better than TXU. I have Green Mountain Energy for my commercial building, but that's only because TriEagle isn't interested in it. And my experience using TriEagle is about the same as Green Mountain. TriEagle's website is about the same as well. It was all setup automatically. However, sometimes, I'm a little confused. I thought that my contract was for 100% green or sustainable. And then, I saw a document once which sounded like it was only 10% of it. When I renewed my contract this last time, I wasn't as confident that I was getting 100% green energy based on lots of different documents. I still have that lingering question, but it wasn't so important to me that I followed up on it.

But I still would like to know if what percentage of my energy is wind-generated, solar-generated, and what percentage of it is a traditional power plant. Nevertheless, I have recommended TriEagle to others. I get a weekly email report on my usage and that's cool because I'm able to have a sense of where I stand. It also gives me projection every week about what my monthly bill would be and I like that. That's something that my other companies never did.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks for the kind words, Kevin. We appreciate your business and hope you know that we do offer 100 percent green products in Texas!

Original review: May 18, 2018

My son made a lot of improvements on my home. In the past, during the summer my electric bill would be $500 to $600 a month. After we did the improvements and changed providers, the highest my electric bill has been was $109. And so, I am much happier with TriEagle than HOMP and the other electricity provider that I had. The reps were very professional and good to work with. I am now retired and I only have one check a month. Sometimes, my payment would be a little bit late so I would let them know and they were very understanding. I would recommend them and I would tell friends that they're the way to go.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks, Mary! We're always happy to hear from our customers -- please don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Care team whenever we can help!

Original review: May 16, 2018

I was surfing the web and looking at different companies and their pricing when it was time to renew or switch that I came across TriEagle Energy. The pricing was a little bit different but that’s good service with other people. When I moved and had to set up everything and switch it to the new residence, dealing with their reps was fine and so far, I haven’t had any issues with TriEagle. The bill seemed lower and it’s a lot more efficient. I would tell friends to try them if they’re looking to switch.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks, Josie -- great to learn that you've had a positive experience so far. We'd love it if you told your friends about us and, if you do, don't forget to take advantage of our referral program!

Original review: May 8, 2018

I moved here from Santa Fe, New Mexico and in the beginning, I have to use the phone to set TriEagle up because it was difficult to set up online. It just was a little struggle dealing with their website. When I renewed with them, it was all run by email. I renewed and stayed with them because they offered something very good and unique. I could have a non-carbon supply to the power that's purchased and sold to me. And it's very important to have the renewable option. It's the first time I've had it offered to me. Also, I can do a weekly update for usage. I'm satisfied with TriEagle and I recommend it.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks, Lib! It's great to hear that your online experience with us has improved and we're always happy when one of our customers take advantage of our green options!

Original review: May 7, 2018

We have a better experience with regards to the automatic billing and the plan that I'm on with TriEagle Energy compared to our previous provider. Though the service is comparable to what I had paid before as far as the price per kilowatt hour, I like that TriEagle Energy gives me a weekly status of how much I'm using. Also, I wanted to thank them all for sending me the light bulbs. That was a really nice touch.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks for the kind words, Jeremiah! We're so glad that you're enjoying our different offerings!

TriEagle Energy expert review by ConsumerAffairs

TriEagle Energy provides energy in the deregulated states of Texas, Pennsylvania and New Jersey. They purchase power from natural gas, coal, nuclear and renewable sources like wind. Residents and businesses can opt to get power from 100 percent renewable sources when they sign up for a plan with TriEagle.

• SMART energy plan: Residents who want to save money and energy can sign up for the SMART energy plan. You’ll receive an ecobee Wi-Fi enabled thermostat, which will save you on average 23 percent on heating and cooling costs every month.

• Online bill pay: Monitor and pay your bill online to eliminate the clutter of paper bills. Auto-pay ensures you never miss a payment.

• Fast and easy switch: Once you decide to switch to TriEagle as your energy provider by submitting an agreement, you will only have to wait 1-7 business days to switch. Or, if you have a specific date when you want to make the switch, you can self-select a particular date.

• Commercial and residential agreements: TriEagle services residential and commercial subscribers. Businesses can get a customized pricing plan, and green energy options are available. Submit a form online for a customized quote based on your needs.

• Easy cancellation: If you need to cancel your service agreement with TriEagle, simply fill out a cancellation request, available on their website. You might have to pay termination fees, so check your plan before submitting your cancellation request, or call TriEagle with any questions.

• Best for: residents and businesses in Texas that want to save money on energy costs.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

The Woodlands
TX
www.trieagleenergy.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business