It's that easy Request Information
3.90/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

TriEagle Energy can be relied on for more than just great electricity rates. With tools like weekly reports that help you track your usage to programs that can help you put money back in your wallet like smart thermostats you can take control of your energy bill like never before. Visit our website or contact us today to learn more about our smart products and electricity plans!

TriEagle Energy Video
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

101 TriEagle Energy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I was a first-time homeowner and after I looked up energy, I signed up for TriEagle's service online. The bill is a little high though. I'm seeing the kilowatt/hour usage and when I compare it with my friends', they are paying close to $30 cheaper than I am.

Get expert buying tips about Texas Electricity Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I switched to TriEagle as they had the rate I wanted -- the lowest rate. They had courteous reps and they got the job done, too. Their service is good.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks for the kind words about our Care team, Gary. We'll be sure to let them know that you had such a positive experience!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I've used many electricity providers in the past and I switched to TriEagle based on price. I've been with them the last six years with no issues. The cost fluctuates based on my usage, but the price is fixed so it's no big deal. I would recommend them.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks for the review, Charles. Great to hear you've been happy for six years and are excited to count you as a valued customer for many more!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I went with TriEagle Energy because of their prices, and I've been satisfied. I did everything online and everything has been easy. Also, the quality of service that they provide is pretty good.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks, Claudia -- great to hear that our online experience was nice and easy!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

When we signed up online with TriEagle four years ago. They have been great thus far. I always shop around every year before I commit to something and they seem to have a good price point as long as they stick to it. We do auto draft and I like that they send out the weekly reports of the usage. It's something I can look at and analyze a little bit better.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks, Megan! Our aim is to give our customers the tools they need to get the most out of your electricity service and we're glad you've been able to!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TriEagle Energy?

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I have had TriEagle before for about eight years. But a Reliant person came by and said they could get me a cheaper wattage and that TriEagle Energy was gonna charge me $3.49 as a service charge. They were wrong though. When I called TriEagle, they explained that the extra $3.49 was already included in what they charged me per kilowatt. They don't do a kilowatt per hour, plus the base rate, plus $3.49 again multiplied by your kilowatt hours. Their on-core fee and your kilowatt hours are all lumped in one. Reliant was breaking it down into three things. They have the base rate and then two charges for kilowatt hours.

When I got my first bill from Reliant, they were at least $20 higher than what TriEagle Energy was. I was with Reliant for about two months last year and then I went back to TriEagle. My conversation with the TriEagle Energy rep went well. Also, my bill is cheaper. I would recommend them. I hope they will branch out and come more towards Wichita Falls two and a half hours away from the Metroplex.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks, Kathy -- we pride ourselves on being transparent with our customers. We're glad you've enjoyed your time as a customer and can learn more about how we set our rates here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp6vFWypllI

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I moved and having options, switching to TriEagle Energy seemed like a fair deal at the time. The quality of service is good and I haven’t had a problem in dealing with them. I had to talk to them when the power went out a couple of times and then when I had to move from one address to another.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks for the review, Derrick. We're always happy to hear from our customers and are glad that you've had a positive experience thus far.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I've used other electricity providers in the past such as Green Mountain, but I decided to switch to TriEagle Energy because of the competitive rates. The transfer was quick and easy and it was delivered as scheduled. The quality of the service they have offered has been good. The budget is affordable and I've had no problems. I would tell my friends that I use TriEagle and to look them up. I'd recommend them.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks, Justin! We'll be sure to share your feedback with our Care team -- it's always great to hear from our happy customers!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

On December 18, 2019 I get an email that my contract with TriEagle was about to expire at the end of the month of January 2019. I called them to see if I could get a better rate which they could not provide. I did some research and found another company who had a better rate and told them when my contract was terminating. They were instructed to start service in the of month February 2019.

On January 10, 2019, I get an email from TriEagle stating that I had switched and giving me the termination date of January 11, 2019, which was wrong. The email stated that if this was not authorized, then I should give TriEagle a call. I did call... 3xs. I also called the new company and told them they had the wrong starting date. They said they would start service the next month and that I should call TriEagle so service is not interrupted.

Well, TriEagle still charged me a $20.00 termination fee. On the 3rd call, I spoke to a female agent about the termination fee and the termination date which I did not authorize until the next month, the agent proceeded to read the notes and told me to hold. She forgot to press MUTE. A conversation took place in Spanish between her and another female agent and discussed my situation.

They both acted as if they knew who I was (making me feel as if I was an inconvenience and wanted to get rid of me), and that I kept saying that the termination fee was unfair and the date was not authorized. The other female agent stated "It does not matter... she paid right?" The phone agent then said she called several times but... "I don't want Alejandro calling me to address this and ask me why I waive the termination fee. She going to call again." Then the other female stated "Who cares what she thinks... We got our money... Just read her some policy... she will get over it." There are more demeaning comments made throughout the conversation... It lasted a little over 2 minutes. By the way, I never spoke to an Alejandro.

At this time, I felt humiliated and discriminated as a customer. I told her I was being treated unfairly, that it is not so much about the money but the principle of it. I then asked to speak to a person of higher authority and she told me everyone was in a meeting. It seems that every time I have requested for a supervisor, that is the answer I get. She did state someone will call me back. Please note that there is more to the conversation that took place in Spanish and it was not pleasant to hear. I went from being upset to being discriminated to feeling humiliation.

I speak Spanish and I did confront the agent on the phone towards the end of our conversation and I told her that I understood the entire conversation that took place between her and her co-worker in Spanish. There was complete silence on the phone that I had to ask "Are you still there?" She replied "Yes... I am." She never offered an apology nor denied what I heard.

I am appalled and they made me feel so ashamed. I handled all the calls I made in a very professional manner. It should have never come to this. Some calls are recorded and I hope this one is. I have to ask why is TriEagle allowing this to happen? I feel so humiliated and discriminated. I can definitely tell you that these agents would have never thought I spoke Spanish. They both were talking about their customers as if they were idiots! I will wait and see how TriEagle responds. There are no corporate numbers listed to call legal, human resources and to make an ethics report.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I moved here from another city and I passed by the Power To Choose website. After speaking to a consultant from that website, we discussed my usages and based on that and what was available, TriEagle had a really good offer. They were all friendly, knowledgeable and really helpful. After the first year, they changed my plan and I wasn't happy with that as they raised the rate. Nonetheless, I will recommend their website.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Having TriEagle has been very cost-effective versus what I used before. It has been very economical switching to them. We had the other provider for so many years and so much out of pocket, it's crazy. I did the power to choose and make my payments for TriEagle online every month. It has been easy but they did not give me a good rate as I had for the first year. Even so, I've been pleased with TriEagle. I haven't had any energy blips or power outages. Also, the customer service automation that I use most of the time is user-friendly.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks for the review, Andrea. Our hope is to make all aspects of our customer experience as positive as possible, so it's great to learn when we've hit that mark. Thanks again!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

When my husband was alive, we had TXU and another provider. TriEagle is much better because you can get the set rate. They also have better rates. I have had TriEagle for a while. Then I had to move out of my house into an apartment in August. When I was down there, I had it at one set rate, I paid one thing no matter what. After I moved here, I was paying $85 a month until this past month, it was 105. The rep was nice when I talked to her about it. She said that they pro-rate it. I told her I thought I had that set rate thing and then, at the end of the year, if it's more, then I pay more than whatever they adjust it.

Everything has been good up until this past month when that happened. I also told them that if it goes up this coming bill, then there's something wrong because I'm not there that much during the day, and when I'm there, I would only have one light on. But the overall performance of TriEagle is good. I don't have any trouble with them. They even worked well with me when I moved.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks for the kind words, Retha. We're glad our Care team was able to help you during your move and if you ever need anything else, we'll be happy to lend a hand!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

TriEagle is comparable to what I used in the past. The customer service is also better than the previous utility that I had prior to this one. It is more accessible and everything's been straightforward. The prices for their service have gone up, but it's fair. Also, I like seeing the offering of the thermostat and the encouragement on how to reduce the bill. Customer education is important, and TriEagle definitely does put that out front.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks for the kind words regarding our Care team, Shannon. We agree that an informed customer is the best type of customer, and are happy that you've noticed our efforts in this area. Thanks again!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

We used to be Reliant, but we went online and started relooking around. TriEagle came up. I only did a year subscription and I was kicking myself in the tail because I think it was 8 cents a kilowatt. I should have gone for three years. Right now the least they offered me was 11 cents a kilowatt, but they did it fantastically. They give me monthly updates, too. I had Reliant for so long and I was paying a small fortune. Right now, they're doing a very, very good job.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

TriEagle was there where I moved and they have an affordable rate and good service. I enjoy the weekly updates as to what I've used and see where I'm at.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks, Joshua -- great to hear you're getting the most out of our Usage Reports!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

TriEagle Energy is the best electricity provider that I've ever had. They're so easy to work with. This account is in Beasley and we're not even up there most of the year, but it's simple. I always figured there was gonna be a problem just because of the area but they know what they're doing up there. Plus, the overall service provided compared to the price paid is really good. Definitely sign up with them.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks, Davey! We want all of our customers to have an easy experience with us and it's great to hear that we're holding up that end of the bargain.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I’ve been with TriEagle Energy for three years, and I’ve had a great experience with them. Their rate was lower than what I was receiving from one of the big local companies and it appealed to me. I was moving and I signed up with them online, which was very easy. I got a contract because the rate was a little cheaper and when I was due for renewal, I got a reminder through the post office and on my email. I wasn’t receiving that with my previous energy provider, so I like the email. I also get emails on occasion and then I get this email every week that compares my usage from last week and predicts costs, which is nice.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks, Ashley. It's great to learn that you're enjoying your time with us and that you're getting the most out of our Weekly Usage Reports.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Reliant was our previous provider and since we were not using a lot of energy and we didn't meet the minimum, the price went up. But with TriEagle, we were fine with the flat rate. However, it expired after almost a year and we weren't notified. I didn't notice it until summer, because by summer, my electricity went up. When I tried to renew it, the prices went up. I just wish I had the same rate that I had before. Other than that, contacting TriEagle's customer service was fine.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks for your review, John. We do offer email, traditional mail and text alerts for renewal notices and hope you'll take advantage of them in the future!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

TriEagle need to better train their customer service representatives. I called 12/28 about a fee. One month later still haven’t been resolved. I called today. I was on hold for 30 min, 3 transferred department finally. Daniel, Marino, Delino. The resolution department - still nothing. I have 4 accounts with TriEagle. I will be switching and paying all fees to break ties with this company.

TriEagle Energy response

Hi, Miaranda. We're sorry to learn of your experience and hope you know that our aim is to provide our customers with the best service possible. We'll be sure to share your comments with the right folks here so they can look into the issue and improve processes down the road. Thanks again.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I signed a three-year contract with TriEagle and for the last 1 year and 5 months it's been a ok. Not great but ok. My card was declined once and they fined me and because of that they are flagging me which means I can only pay by cash, which to me is hard and very inconvenient in this 21st century. I am already too busy with life and I don't have to run around and mail checks or search for MoneyGram centers. TriEagle is working against technology advancement. Yes my card declined and I was fined, now they cannot let me use my card and if I cancel my contract they want to fine me thousands. They are treating me like I committed a "crime" and now am in probation to pay for why my card declined once and I still paid them.

The reason we do recurring payment is convenient-if a provider is gonna force me to run around and mail checks then hey I guess am living in a third world country. I am giving TriEagle 0/10 for customer service. 0/10 for convenience. Sign up a contract with this company at your own risk. According to me it is the WORST IN TEXAS.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I was forced to move from my apartment complex due to change of management. I was asked to supply proof and did so. I was told that my deposit would be refunded, but TriEagle has not been true to their promise. I've spoken to three CSRs and I'm being given the runaround; not even the decency to return a call. I can't afford to GIVE this company $700.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

TriEagle’s price motivated me to switch and I have been with them for six years. I have a fixed rate and it seems to be consistent throughout the year but every renewal, the price has increased. Although it is a standard in the practice of business, every year that it’s getting higher, it gets to a point where I won’t stay with them and just look for a lower price. Other than that, they are doing a good job and blackouts are only caused by neighborhood outages and not intentionally on their end.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks for the review, Andy. Great to hear you've been such a long-term customer -- we really appreciate the loyalty!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I was the victim of illegal switching by another company. TriEagle was informed, the PUC was informed and the other company was informed. Because of my swift action my service was restored. TriEagle, they billed me for the short period, and a early termination fee. I contacted the company, they told me that the early termination fee would not be charged, and not to worry about it. They collected the bill I owed, then charged me $366 for early termination after they had restored me. I called and was told there was nothing they could do in less than 6-8 weeks. I was promised a call back from a supervisor. NO CALL. 5 calls later still no resolution, But they are billing for service. As soon as this contract is up, I will never do business with these lying thieves again.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

TriEagle Energy works fine and I would recommend them because I use it. I am in my second year with them and the service has been reliable. We have had a couple of outages when the light has gone out for different reasons. But most of it has to do with weather and overall, it's a good service. When we got TriEagle, the price was better than the others. I pay my bill on time and they give good feedback about how much I’m consuming. When I go down, there are some tips to do better.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks, Kessle. We're glad that you're sticking with us and are happy you're getting the most out of our communications!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

DO NOT TRUST THEM TO HANDLE AUTOPAY. 2 weeks ago I contacted TriEagle bc I got a huge bill. I learned that someone else opened an account using my name. They also used a ridiculous, obviously fake email address and bogus phone number. I was enrolled in autopay so when those other people didn’t pay their bill, TriEagle decided to add their charges to my autopay. I guess it wasn’t suspicious to them that I had never missed a payment, it also wasn’t suspicious that the other account didn’t have my same email, or phone number. So they charged me for it. Almost $600. I still haven’t heard from them. I am currently seeking legal counsel for this. I obviously unenrolled from autopay bc they have proven they can’t be trusted with my card information.

Btw, the department which is supposedly working on this closes by 4:30, making it very convenient for people who work to check up on their cases. I called customer service to try to get an update today and the supervisor I asked to speak with told the rep he wouldn’t get on the phone bc they didn’t have any info for me. Great supervisor. When I demanded to speak with him, and he finally got on the phone he told me there was nothing he could do. When I told him I wanted to leave a complaint he told me to email them. I told him I’d emailed them 4 days prior requesting an update and hadn’t gotten a response yet. He said that was the only way to complain.

Btw their policy says they’ll email you back in 3 days. I have to say before this I didn’t have any issues with them, but they have proven that they don’t have an effective protocol to follow when it comes to suspicious accounts. They also have proven they will add any suspicious charges under your name without conducting an investigation. They obviously train reps much better than they train supervisors. Also, if you ever need to speak with the people who handle these fraud cases, be ready to wait through a really long message with no way to bypass it, so they make it really convenient in that way as well. Let’s see how long it takes them to solve this. In the meantime I’m out about $600. Thanks TriEagle!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I had TriEagle for a long time with no problems, but I started having issues with my payment being mailed out late (I would receive it in the mail the day before it was due) and subsequently my payment would be received late. I called once I learned that it was most likely a problem with my post office (**) and I started monitoring my payments and whether my check had cleared in time. The first time this happened I was caught off guard and paid the late fee. The second time I called and explained the post office issue and had the late fee waived. The third time I called the day it was due and was told -incorrectly- it had been received. The payment hadn't been received and I was charged again, and customer service refused to take ownership of what was said to me.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Avoid, avoid, avoid. I was signed up automatically to use TriEagle as a supplemental provider through my township. For about the 1st month I was on budget billing with my primary company. They never told TriEagle that I stopped budget billing. Moving forward every month I received my bill and TriEagle's portion was the same amount for the most part, nothing noted about a budget and my rate being under or over. During the course of 2 years they adjusted my monthly billed amount 3 times, at random points in the year. That, coupled with no notations of a budget led me to believe these were just the rates they were charging and that it's part of the subsidization. I should also note that in September they adjusted my bill to be $80 less per month. October bill, the final one of this 2 year program, arrives saying I have a budget billing balance owed of $1100!

Where's the back-up? They never sent me notifications of going over or under budget. Nothing appears on any bills. Though now they say they can send it to me. They couldn't send it each month while I was in the program? Quarterly, bi-annually?? If I was already over by $1100 why lower my monthly rate? Doesn't that mean that I would just owe even more the following year if I renewed in the program? A representative said the $1100 is from this year only. You mean to tell me that the first year they estimated my usage so spot on that there was nothing to be reconciled last year? To the penny we broke even?? But the second year in they can't budget properly and I now owe $1100? Oh, and they already were paid by my primary in full, so holding out payment only hurts my status with my actual provider. Convenient. In which case my primary just wants their money so all I'm offered is a payment plan.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

TriEagle is as good as any other providers. They came out as a good alternative for us in one of the websites we looked at. It doesn't seem outrageously expensive.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks, Lisa. We always try to cater to the different needs of our customers and it's great to learn that you've been happy with our options. Thanks again!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

In the past, their rates were quite competitive. But now, I don't see it that competitive and I didn't know that it was gonna change. I called them and then I asked them. They gave me a rate, and I asked that I would like to continue with my previous product, and they said that this time it has increased. So I said that I couldn't take it and asked them if they could give me the existing rate since I've been using TriEagle for so long. They said no and either I take it or leave it. I had a few hours to change, so I went ahead and signed up for TriEagle. I was under pressure to take something quickly. They were also not able to explain a great deal about the different products. I'm not very impressed. I remember the first time when I called TriEagle, I got such a good support and there was this person who even helped me in identifying my needs.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks for the review, Shubhajit. Our rates take many factors into account and we always try to provide the most competitive ones possible. We're sorry to learn of your frustration and will share your feedback with our management team.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

We have an energy broker who goes out and finds the best deal for us every time our contract with a provider expires, She makes the recommendation, tells us when is the right time and where the market is directing. She gave us the direction to go with TriEagle, then we went in and signed up. We did it all online and their payment process is easy. They're the intermediary while CenterPoint provides the pipeline. They have a good service and good rates. It is also easy to log in to their website and get the information that you need.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks, Dennis. We're glad you found us and appreciate the kind words on our website!

TriEagle Energy expert review by ConsumerAffairs

TriEagle Energy provides energy in the deregulated states of Texas, Pennsylvania and New Jersey. They purchase power from natural gas, coal, nuclear and renewable sources like wind. Residents and businesses can opt to get power from 100 percent renewable sources when they sign up for a plan with TriEagle.

• SMART energy plan: Residents who want to save money and energy can sign up for the SMART energy plan. You’ll receive an ecobee Wi-Fi enabled thermostat, which will save you on average 23 percent on heating and cooling costs every month.

• Online bill pay: Monitor and pay your bill online to eliminate the clutter of paper bills. Auto-pay ensures you never miss a payment.

• Fast and easy switch: Once you decide to switch to TriEagle as your energy provider by submitting an agreement, you will only have to wait 1-7 business days to switch. Or, if you have a specific date when you want to make the switch, you can self-select a particular date.

• Commercial and residential agreements: TriEagle services residential and commercial subscribers. Businesses can get a customized pricing plan, and green energy options are available. Submit a form online for a customized quote based on your needs.

• Easy cancellation: If you need to cancel your service agreement with TriEagle, simply fill out a cancellation request, available on their website. You might have to pay termination fees, so check your plan before submitting your cancellation request, or call TriEagle with any questions.

• Best for: residents and businesses in Texas that want to save money on energy costs.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs