4.20/5

Looking for a Texas electricity company?

TriEagle Energy

TriEagle Energy can be relied on for more than just great electricity rates. With tools like weekly reports that help you track your usage to programs that can help you put money back in your wallet like smart thermostats you can take control of your energy bill like never before. Visit our website or contact us today to learn more about our smart products and electricity plans!

Looking for a Texas electricity company?

TriEagle Energy Reviews

Original review: May 31, 2019

When I was searching for an electricity provider, TriEagle Energy had the cheapest price. I went with them and thus far, my experience with them has been okay. They have a good online automated system and it gets the job done. However, it's a bit lacking in its user-friendliness for a few things. It can do a little better in showing people how to do a recurring payment. While it's possible to do it, and I do it right now, the presentation of the user interface is too convoluted. It's not clear how to get to that feature.

Also, the area where I manage my accounts needs a bit more contrast. There needs to be a lot more difference in the spots that matter, like buttons or something than the rest of the page. Plus, there's also a very bad contrast between the black text and the blue background. Nevertheless, lights have never been cut off. There are other energy providers that do more but then TriEagle is more simplified. They just have a set of choices for me to make regarding how much I'm willing to pay for how long I'm willing to hold a contract. They trade off all those features and deals for relatively lower prices for power. Overall, their service has been okay.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

We were using CPL and a neighbor told me about TriEagle. I liked them and we’ve been with them for a long time. The billing is okay. My social security doesn’t get here until every 3rd of the month and my check came late several times. I just paid the times that I was late and they were very understanding about it. I even sometimes call TriEagle and the reps would tell me not to worry about it and that they would take care of it. They would also tell me to call them and just let them know when it comes in. They would charge me a little over but that’s okay. I'm never gonna try some other electricity. They tried going to me and they told me to change to one that’s a lot cheaper but I told them that I have mine and I’ll stay with it. I recommend TriEagle. I love the interaction with the customer service reps and I have called my people three times to change to them.

TriEagle Energy response

Hi, Irma. There's nothing better than hearing from a loyal customer -- thanks for sticking with us! We're excited to continue to assist any way we can moving forward.

Get expert buying tips about Texas Electricity Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I was shopping around on the internet, and then the number that I called, which I thought was another company, ended up being TriEagle. Then the lady rep started explaining the rates. I never heard of TriEagle but I went ahead and tried them anyway. I was always used to Reliant and TXU over here in Texas, and how they charged me for the delivery fee and fuel fee. And sometimes, with Reliant, it would range generally anywhere from $50 to over $100, depending on the usage or non-usage.

When I was trying to renew, I did consider leaving. I was calling and then again, shopping around. And the rates were competitive with other companies. But I stayed with TriEagle because I know about the fuel and the delivery charge. With TriEagle, it’s constant, which is $6 to $7, so I didn’t wanna find out otherwise. From other companies, it was a little different. But when I was trying to get the contract renewed, I had a hard time finding somebody that could help me. But other than that, I've had a good experience with TriEagle and I've saved a lot. TriEagle has good service and I'd recommend them. A lot of my family are using them now.

TriEagle Energy response

Hi, Jose. It's very important to us that our customers are informed, and it's great to learn that you appreciate our transparent billing -- much appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to write!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I have had TriEagle before for about eight years. But a Reliant person came by and said they could get me a cheaper wattage and that TriEagle Energy was gonna charge me $3.49 as a service charge. They were wrong though. When I called TriEagle, they explained that the extra $3.49 was already included in what they charged me per kilowatt. They don't do a kilowatt per hour, plus the base rate, plus $3.49 again multiplied by your kilowatt hours. Their on-core fee and your kilowatt hours are all lumped in one. Reliant was breaking it down into three things. They have the base rate and then two charges for kilowatt hours.

When I got my first bill from Reliant, they were at least $20 higher than what TriEagle Energy was. I was with Reliant for about two months last year and then I went back to TriEagle. My conversation with the TriEagle Energy rep went well. Also, my bill is cheaper. I would recommend them. I hope they will branch out and come more towards Wichita Falls two and a half hours away from the Metroplex.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks, Kathy -- we pride ourselves on being transparent with our customers. We're glad you've enjoyed your time as a customer and can learn more about how we set our rates here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp6vFWypllI

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

When my husband was alive, we had TXU and another provider. TriEagle is much better because you can get the set rate. They also have better rates. I have had TriEagle for a while. Then I had to move out of my house into an apartment in August. When I was down there, I had it at one set rate, I paid one thing no matter what. After I moved here, I was paying $85 a month until this past month, it was 105. The rep was nice when I talked to her about it. She said that they pro-rate it. I told her I thought I had that set rate thing and then, at the end of the year, if it's more, then I pay more than whatever they adjust it.

Everything has been good up until this past month when that happened. I also told them that if it goes up this coming bill, then there's something wrong because I'm not there that much during the day, and when I'm there, I would only have one light on. But the overall performance of TriEagle is good. I don't have any trouble with them. They even worked well with me when I moved.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks for the kind words, Retha. We're glad our Care team was able to help you during your move and if you ever need anything else, we'll be happy to lend a hand!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TriEagle Energy?

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

I have been a customer for nearly 6 years, but will be cancelling my service after my most recent experience with their renewal efforts. Every year I have consistently received communication that my contract would expire, is about to expire, and then is expired with ample notification. This last year I did not receive the same level of communication and my contract went un-renewed. I had to find this for myself after realizing my rates weren't adding up and instead I was being charged 1.6x my usual rate. I normally would recommend the company to others, but I feel I have been taken advantage of. They made a lot of money off of me in a short amount of time but in turn lost a customer that was with them indefinitely.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

I personally have gone through a nightmare with TriEagle. I'm relocated and they changed my account number and I have made payments and they don't know where they're at. They have threatened to disconnect my service for $32 even though it's already been paid. I am a senior citizen. I have agencies who have assisted in my payments and or made pledges but trieagle is not sharp enough to understand this and to understand that there was two account numbers and they're responsible for all this chaos with my accounts. They cannot figure out the monetary payments and pledges. All they do is threaten to disconnect the service I have gone through abuse by a supervisor name Delano who works in Connecticut.

The two women that I had previously talked to recognize there was problems on my account because of the two account numbers. They apologized and said she would put a ticket in to get it rectified. Evidently it has not been rectified. Also one Christian agency called them and verified with them that a payment was made and this man named Delano was really disrespectful and said he didn't see any of these payments. It has been a nightmare. I give them a zero.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

I am very pleased with service provided throughout my 3 year contract. However, I have decided to give another company my business for the next 2 years. Primary consideration was pricing. Thank you and know that I will relook at TriEagle when next renewal opportunity occurs.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

I called Power To Choose two years ago and I heard about TriEagle. They were so much cheaper than the last company that was why we went with them. Payments are auto-deducted right out of my account. Try them. I haven’t had any problems at all.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

I've had TriEagle at home for at least five years now. We have a few outages that I’m dealing with the carrier, Oncor. Their prices are going higher and higher. My electricity bill in 2017 was 2,600, in 2016 it was 2,600, in 2018 was 3,000 for a whole year. This year, so far, the estimates based on the whole list, it will be 3,600. I have three more months to pay, and I made some estimates or projections based on the previous eight months and I will be paying 5,600. The graph is just going up higher and higher. I wish the price remains lower.

TriEagle Energy expert review by ConsumerAffairs

TriEagle Energy provides energy in the deregulated states of Texas, Pennsylvania and New Jersey. They purchase power from natural gas, coal, nuclear and renewable sources like wind. Residents and businesses can opt to get power from 100 percent renewable sources when they sign up for a plan with TriEagle.

• SMART energy plan: Residents who want to save money and energy can sign up for the SMART energy plan. You’ll receive an ecobee Wi-Fi enabled thermostat, which will save you on average 23 percent on heating and cooling costs every month.

• Online bill pay: Monitor and pay your bill online to eliminate the clutter of paper bills. Auto-pay ensures you never miss a payment.

• Fast and easy switch: Once you decide to switch to TriEagle as your energy provider by submitting an agreement, you will only have to wait 1-7 business days to switch. Or, if you have a specific date when you want to make the switch, you can self-select a particular date.

• Commercial and residential agreements: TriEagle services residential and commercial subscribers. Businesses can get a customized pricing plan, and green energy options are available. Submit a form online for a customized quote based on your needs.

• Easy cancellation: If you need to cancel your service agreement with TriEagle, simply fill out a cancellation request, available on their website. You might have to pay termination fees, so check your plan before submitting your cancellation request, or call TriEagle with any questions.

• Best for: residents and businesses in Texas that want to save money on energy costs.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs