Call toll free
4.39/5
Based on 33 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

TriEagle Energy can be relied on for more than just great electricity rates. With tools like weekly reports that help you track your usage to programs that can help you put money back in your wallet like smart thermostats you can take control of your energy bill like never before. Visit our website or contact us today to learn more about our smart products and electricity plans!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

34 TriEagle Energy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 6, 2018

I have been a customer TriEagle for years. I USED to recommend you to all my tenants. Then in January due to your customer service's utter incompetence I had to pay a deposit to get service turned on at **. I paid $117.88 for 20 days of service, and when the tenant moved in, you refused/failed to return my deposit. I used to direct 3 or 4 customers to TriEagle a year - this mistake has been corrected. Never again.

Get expert buying tips about Texas Electricity Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 31, 2018

TriEagle is better than TXU. I have Green Mountain Energy for my commercial building, but that's only because TriEagle isn't interested in it. And my experience using TriEagle is about the same as Green Mountain. TriEagle's website is about the same as well. It was all setup automatically. However, sometimes, I'm a little confused. I thought that my contract was for 100% green or sustainable. And then, I saw a document once which sounded like it was only 10% of it. When I renewed my contract this last time, I wasn't as confident that I was getting 100% green energy based on lots of different documents. I still have that lingering question, but it wasn't so important to me that I followed up on it.

But I still would like to know if what percentage of my energy is wind-generated, solar-generated, and what percentage of it is a traditional power plant. Nevertheless, I have recommended TriEagle to others. I get a weekly email report on my usage and that's cool because I'm able to have a sense of where I stand. It also gives me projection every week about what my monthly bill would be and I like that. That's something that my other companies never did.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks for the kind words, Kevin. We appreciate your business and hope you know that we do offer 100 percent green products in Texas!

Original review: May 26, 2018

I can't thank you enough for your great service and rates. I chose TriEagle 2 years ago because of its low rates, ESPECIALLY the lower base rate for users under 1,000 kWh. The free box of bulbs and electric wall pate insulators etc., was a pleasant surprise. Each month I get my bill I am grateful for TriEagle Energy. I have shared with my friends on FB to date and hope they take advantage of your rates and service.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks for the kind words, Elwood -- it's always great to hear from our customers!

Original review: May 18, 2018

My son made a lot of improvements on my home. In the past, during the summer my electric bill would be $500 to $600 a month. After we did the improvements and changed providers, the highest my electric bill has been was $109. And so, I am much happier with TriEagle than HOMP and the other electricity provider that I had. The reps were very professional and good to work with. I am now retired and I only have one check a month. Sometimes, my payment would be a little bit late so I would let them know and they were very understanding. I would recommend them and I would tell friends that they're the way to go.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks, Mary! We're always happy to hear from our customers -- please don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Care team whenever we can help!

Original review: May 16, 2018

I was surfing the web and looking at different companies and their pricing when it was time to renew or switch that I came across TriEagle Energy. The pricing was a little bit different but that’s good service with other people. When I moved and had to set up everything and switch it to the new residence, dealing with their reps was fine and so far, I haven’t had any issues with TriEagle. The bill seemed lower and it’s a lot more efficient. I would tell friends to try them if they’re looking to switch.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks, Josie -- great to learn that you've had a positive experience so far. We'd love it if you told your friends about us and, if you do, don't forget to take advantage of our referral program!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TriEagle Energy?

Original review: May 8, 2018

I moved here from Santa Fe, New Mexico and in the beginning, I have to use the phone to set TriEagle up because it was difficult to set up online. It just was a little struggle dealing with their website. When I renewed with them, it was all run by email. I renewed and stayed with them because they offered something very good and unique. I could have a non-carbon supply to the power that's purchased and sold to me. And it's very important to have the renewable option. It's the first time I've had it offered to me. Also, I can do a weekly update for usage. I'm satisfied with TriEagle and I recommend it.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks, Lib! It's great to hear that your online experience with us has improved and we're always happy when one of our customers take advantage of our green options!

Original review: May 7, 2018

We have a better experience with regards to the automatic billing and the plan that I'm on with TriEagle Energy compared to our previous provider. Though the service is comparable to what I had paid before as far as the price per kilowatt hour, I like that TriEagle Energy gives me a weekly status of how much I'm using. Also, I wanted to thank them all for sending me the light bulbs. That was a really nice touch.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks for the kind words, Jeremiah! We're so glad that you're enjoying our different offerings!

Original review: May 6, 2018

We have used TriEagle Energy since we got the house. When we signed up, we did everything online and the process is straightforward. Their rates were good and they offered a 100% green energy plan. Also, I like the three-year contract option to lock in that rate for 36 months. That is a nice factor to include. Then when our first three-year contract ran out, we renewed it online again. And for me, that's a plus. Doing it online was easier and I don't like having to deal with call centers and waiting on the phone and queues. Moreover, the quality of the service so far is good. The fact that we've never had to interact with them indicates that we've never had any issues.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks, Laura. Our aim is to provide straightforward, simple service and we're glad to learn that your experience reflected that!

Original review: May 5, 2018

TriEagle Energy provides sustainable options and I signed up online. The quality of the service offered so far has been fine and I haven't had any issues.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks for your feedback, Holeilehua. We're glad that your happy with one of our green options and that you've been satisfied with our customer service!

Original review: May 4, 2018

TriEagle Energy was much better in rates and in customer service whenever I've called them compared to my previous provider. Their reps listened and were very responsive. They would reach out to you four months in advance to let you know that your contract is expiring. Whereas the previous company I've been with would just let it go and then when the rates would go up and I'd bring it up to them, they'd say, “Oh, yeah. Your rate is expired. You never called us back to renegotiate.”

Since being with TriEagle, I've been really happy. They're available if there are any questions and the billing's straightforward. I know my contracted rates and get all the updates on a weekly basis for the usage which helped me anticipate what my monthly usage is and what my monthly bill is gonna be. They offered me a different variety of rates, either a three-year rate or a one year rate, depending on how long over time I'm looking at. Also, they were willing to work with me than to just put it up to you and say, “Well, here you go. Pay it.” I'm very happy with the way they treat me.

TriEagle Energy response

It makes us so happy to read this, Shahida! We always want our customers to feel heard and pride ourselves on providing helpful and clear communication and service. Thanks for posting!

Original review: May 3, 2018

TriEagle is a little cheaper than the other electricity provider I’ve used in the past. I'm on my 2nd contract with them right now and the quality of their service is very good. I'm very happy with TriEagle and I would recommend that my friends go with them.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks, John! We're happy that you've been a satisfied customer! And please remember, when you recommend us, to have your friends and family go through our Referral Program so you can receive an extra bonus from us: http://trieagleenergy.com/TX/Residential/ReferralProgram.aspx

Original review: May 2, 2018

We’ve been with TriEagle Energy for a year or two now. They were the one we were already using when we moved into our home and they have the green option where we use green energy, so it’s clean energy. The quality of service they offer is good.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks, Kris. Our aim is to always provide top-notch communication and service, and it's great to learn that you've been able to take advantage of our environmentally-friendly product offerings!

Original review: May 1, 2018

I've been using TriEagle Energy since I moved over to my current place, which has been two years now. I have spoken to someone over the phone about 3 times and they have helped me good. TriEagle has great quality of the service and it's a good price. They also hooked me up with something different and they got me a good thermostat for a good price. So, as I'm saving energy, I'm saving money too. I’d give recommendations for TriEagle Energy.

TriEagle Energy response

Great to hear, Kevin! We're so happy that our reps have been able to help you, and we hope that you enjoy your thermostat!

Original review: April 29, 2018

I investigated at Power To Choose and I got TriEagle Energy. After looking at the printed literature, I called, confirmed and I got all of my questions answered. The TriEagle representatives are a little bit easier to contact and communicate with. The actual cost of the service is more CenterPoint than it is with TriEagle, and TriEagle is just the billing and communication. Nonetheless, I've had really nice success and I have a three-year deal. In fact, I'm on my second three-year deal and it's worked very well for me. My wife and I have talked to some people about TriEagle but they don't have the option since they are in cloistered locations.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks, MIchael. We're so glad that you've had successful interactions with our customer care team -- we pride ourselves on being as accessible and helpful as possible!

Original review: April 27, 2018

TriEagle Energy's service and billing are very good. The website was easy to use and it was easy to select which features and plans I wanted. We really liked that you could select all renewable energy as a source of energy. Their reps answered my questions whenever I had them. In addition, they were very professional and courteous.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks, Thomas! Communication with our customers is very important to us, so it's great to learn that you've had such positive interactions with our reps and on our website.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I've used a bunch of electric companies in the past and TriEagle is up there at the top two. They've been great. I spoke with them a couple of weeks ago and I found out when my contract runs out, which would be next June.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks for the kind words, Walt. We hope you continue to be happy with us, to next June and beyond!

Original review: April 25, 2018

We live in Houston so when the hurricane hit, it put us out of power and we needed service. We went with TriEagle and George, my partner, is the one who deals with them. Most of the time, he does it online. We had a thermostat installed and it is one of those smart ones. But I’m 48 and I like the manual ones. But I’m on board for whatever needs to happen because there’ll be a point where all of us will have to have one. I have no complaints. We get people who come knocking on our door trying to get us to switch providers, but at the moment, we're still with TriEagle.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks, Daniel. It's great to hear that you and George have had positive experiences with us. And don't worry, you'll get used to that thermostat!

Insufficient response received
Original review: April 23, 2018

I had a previous electricity provider but now, I got TriEagle Energy and they suck. They did the whole ecobee back and we had nothing but problems with our ecobee thermostat. I spoke to someone from them and all they did was tell me to deal with the thermostat company and the thermostat company blamed them. It just went ping pong, back and forth between the two companies and nobody ever bothered to fix our problem. TriEagle Energy never stood behind their product that they endorsed and gave away as a free gift that we signed up for our contract with them. Also, it burned up our air conditioning so, it's $6,000 and we are still paying for that. So, I would not recommend them to anyone.

TriEagle Energy response

Paula, we’re truly sorry for any frustration. Our records indicate that one of our technicians did offer to fix your compression fan, which appeared to be the cause of the A/C unit issues and outside of our normal thermostat offerings -- when a compression fan is not functioning properly, it typically causes usage to go up. We also offered to remove the thermostat and replace with your old one. If there is anything else we can do to ensure you’re getting the maximum benefit from your smart thermostat, please feel please feel free to send us a private message so we can help

Original review: April 23, 2018

As an electric service provider you basically have one job - billing for CenterPoint. I really wanted to like you. You seem so likable. You sent me gifts just for signing up and have great rates. Unfortunately, my 14 daughter writes better code than you use for online payments. Your page isn't mobile friendly. I can only save my card if I agree to autopay. The camera option doesn't work. It's a joke. The whole thing. What a mess. I will be looking for another provider as soon as I can. It's just not worth dealing with such an amateur website.

Hi Susanne,

We understand your frustration. Our team has been working behind the scenes on a new website and MyAccount to be released this year. We hope you'll stick with us on this journey as we continue to improve our customer's experience.

Original review: April 20, 2018

The lady from TriEagle, who is very cute and lives close to where we live, told me that they have a lower rate over TXU. I decided to go ahead because of the way she made it sound and because there was no paperwork. But I didn't get the whole story since there was just a little brochure that did not have all the information about them. Since I've been with TriEagle, my electrical rates have gone up. They have weird hours. The price goes up when you move the thermostat above a certain number at certain hours. When I was with TXU, my electrical bills were not as high as I have now.

Another thing I don't like about TriEagle is that I never agreed to a contract yet I supposedly have a four-year contract with them. I've sent them an email about it and they don't respond. If they want to fight the battle, I don't mind going the distance with the attorney because I have a great one. Also, they are leasing your lines and they're just infusing their electricity into the grid down in Conroe. That's all they're doing. I'm ready to change electrical companies.

Hi Robert,

We want to work with you so that you are getting the maximum benefit from your smart thermostat as this device is offered to customers to help them manage their energy usage. We are committed, as a Texas born and bred company, to dealing fairly with all our customers as you are a fellow Texan. Please let us know a good time to call so that we can assist.

Original review: April 20, 2018

We are so happy with TriEagle. Their rates are really great. The only sad thing is that we are moving out of state to a state that TriEagle doesn't serve, We will really miss having TriEagle as our Electric provider.

TriEagle Energy response

Walter, we're sad to see you go. Thank you for being part of the TriEagle family.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Our electric bills are three times smaller than with our last provider! Very happy to be a TriEagle Energy customer. Our friend recommended you to us two years ago and we could not thank them enough. Thank you, TriEagle, for keeping your rates reasonable without the gimmicks.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks for the kind words, Amy! We always love hearing from our happy customers!

Original review: April 18, 2018

My contract was up and I was shopping around. TriEagle had a better deal and I got Nest Thermostat too which I really enjoyed. My bills are a lot lower than what the other company I had before. They have a good rate and that's the most important thing that people are looking for. I've been very pleased since making the transition.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks for the kind words, Josephine! We're glad you're taking advantage of our smart products to help reduce your energy use.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I'm pretty happy with where I'm at with TriEagle and I don't want to change. My bills are low and they don't skyrocket, and I'm not here with excessive fees. I'm a happy camper, if not I would be looking elsewhere as I am always looking for a bargain.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks, Fabian. We're happy that you're happy!

Original review: April 16, 2018

Compared to our past electricity provider, we have better monthly bills with TriEagle Energy. Since having them, I have extra money in my pocket. Also, I like the weekly updates they send through email of what we’re using from week to week.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks for the kind words, Gabriella! We're glad that you are a fan of the usage reports!

Original review: April 11, 2018

I’m so happy I switched to TriEagle. I got a lower rate than what I was paying before, and I’ve never had outrageous fees added on to my bill. They also gave me a free smart thermostat so I can adjust the temperature before I get home from my phone. I love that it has Alexa so all I have to do when I need to change the temperature is say Alexa, set my temperature to 71 degrees. I have not had any issues but I also have not had to talk to customer service before as everything that I’ve needed to do is available online. The only reason I’m leaving 4 stars is because I do wish their account portal to pay bills was more mobile friendly. I set my payments on auto-pay so luckily I’ve only had to log in once.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks for your review, Anthony! We always appreciate hearing from our customers and it's great to learn that you're taking advantage of our SMART Energy options!

Original review: April 9, 2018

I was a long time customer of Direct Energy and throughout the years, I found it extremely challenging to get the right support when I needed it. I did some research and found out TriEagle was a local business and tried them out. Their customer service and billing has been great. I haven't had any issues with hold times or incorrect billing. We also enjoy the fact that we actually spend less money with our ecobee thermostat that was included with our plan. Thanks!!!

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks for the kind words, John! We're happy that we've been able to give you a complete, hassle-free energy experience!

Original review: April 8, 2018

Whenever my contract with an electricity provider expires, I shop around to get the next best pricing and quality. I went with TriEagle because of the pricing. They were a few cents cheaper per kilowatt hour so, I went with them hoping that I would keep not having any issues. When I switched with them, one of the incentives they got is a gift card but I never received it. When I followed up with them, they told me they've sent it out and that they cannot resend it. They don't follow up on their promises and I feel like I was tricked into that. I came close to canceling but my wife talked me out of it. I am very disappointed of them in that regards. But other than that, I haven't had any issues with my electricity. The price compared to my previous provider is not significantly different and they're as good as all the others I've used.

TriEagle Energy response

Hi Igho, we previously resent the gift card and it appears the second card was not activated. We're truly sorry for the mix-up. An additional card is on it's way to your updated mailing address.

Original review: April 7, 2018

TriEagle had some good plans that were better than the others. They were also cheaper, so I switched to them. I signed up online with some introduction from my friend and so far, the quality of their service is good. I'm also happy with the price.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks for your review, Son! We try to offer a variety of plans so our customers have the flexibility to choose what works best for them. It's great to learn that you've found one!

Original review: April 5, 2018

Good rates and I really love the weekly energy report and update on what we have used! Auto bill pay makes paying the bill very easy! We have saved a large amount of money on our monthly bill over what we were paying with our previous provider.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks for your review, Barry! We want our customers to have as much information as possible regarding their usage and bill, and are so happy that you're taking advantage. Thanks again!

TriEagle Energy expert review by ConsumerAffairs

TriEagle Energy provides energy in the deregulated states of Texas, Pennsylvania and New Jersey. They purchase power from natural gas, coal, nuclear and renewable sources like wind. Residents and businesses can opt to get power from 100 percent renewable sources when they sign up for a plan with TriEagle.

• SMART energy plan: Residents who want to save money and energy can sign up for the SMART energy plan. You’ll receive an ecobee Wi-Fi enabled thermostat, which will save you on average 23 percent on heating and cooling costs every month.

• Online bill pay: Monitor and pay your bill online to eliminate the clutter of paper bills. Auto-pay ensures you never miss a payment.

• Fast and easy switch: Once you decide to switch to TriEagle as your energy provider by submitting an agreement, you will only have to wait 1-7 business days to switch. Or, if you have a specific date when you want to make the switch, you can self-select a particular date.

• Commercial and residential agreements: TriEagle services residential and commercial subscribers. Businesses can get a customized pricing plan, and green energy options are available. Submit a form online for a customized quote based on your needs.

• Easy cancellation: If you need to cancel your service agreement with TriEagle, simply fill out a cancellation request, available on their website. You might have to pay termination fees, so check your plan before submitting your cancellation request, or call TriEagle with any questions.

• Best for: residents and businesses in Texas that want to save money on energy costs.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs