It's that easy Request Information
4.11/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

TriEagle Energy can be relied on for more than just great electricity rates. With tools like weekly reports that help you track your usage to programs that can help you put money back in your wallet like smart thermostats you can take control of your energy bill like never before. Visit our website or contact us today to learn more about our smart products and electricity plans!

TriEagle Energy Video
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

76 TriEagle Energy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I had TriEagle for a long time with no problems, but I started having issues with my payment being mailed out late (I would receive it in the mail the day before it was due) and subsequently my payment would be received late. I called once I learned that it was most likely a problem with my post office (**) and I started monitoring my payments and whether my check had cleared in time. The first time this happened I was caught off guard and paid the late fee. The second time I called and explained the post office issue and had the late fee waived. The third time I called the day it was due and was told -incorrectly- it had been received. The payment hadn't been received and I was charged again, and customer service refused to take ownership of what was said to me.

Get expert buying tips about Texas Electricity Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Avoid, avoid, avoid. I was signed up automatically to use TriEagle as a supplemental provider through my township. For about the 1st month I was on budget billing with my primary company. They never told TriEagle that I stopped budget billing. Moving forward every month I received my bill and TriEagle's portion was the same amount for the most part, nothing noted about a budget and my rate being under or over. During the course of 2 years they adjusted my monthly billed amount 3 times, at random points in the year. That, coupled with no notations of a budget led me to believe these were just the rates they were charging and that it's part of the subsidization. I should also note that in September they adjusted my bill to be $80 less per month. October bill, the final one of this 2 year program, arrives saying I have a budget billing balance owed of $1100!

Where's the back-up? They never sent me notifications of going over or under budget. Nothing appears on any bills. Though now they say they can send it to me. They couldn't send it each month while I was in the program? Quarterly, bi-annually?? If I was already over by $1100 why lower my monthly rate? Doesn't that mean that I would just owe even more the following year if I renewed in the program? A representative said the $1100 is from this year only. You mean to tell me that the first year they estimated my usage so spot on that there was nothing to be reconciled last year? To the penny we broke even?? But the second year in they can't budget properly and I now owe $1100? Oh, and they already were paid by my primary in full, so holding out payment only hurts my status with my actual provider. Convenient. In which case my primary just wants their money so all I'm offered is a payment plan.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

TriEagle is as good as any other providers. They came out as a good alternative for us in one of the websites we looked at. It doesn't seem outrageously expensive.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks, Lisa. We always try to cater to the different needs of our customers and it's great to learn that you've been happy with our options. Thanks again!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

In the past, their rates were quite competitive. But now, I don't see it that competitive and I didn't know that it was gonna change. I called them and then I asked them. They gave me a rate, and I asked that I would like to continue with my previous product, and they said that this time it has increased. So I said that I couldn't take it and asked them if they could give me the existing rate since I've been using TriEagle for so long. They said no and either I take it or leave it. I had a few hours to change, so I went ahead and signed up for TriEagle. I was under pressure to take something quickly. They were also not able to explain a great deal about the different products. I'm not very impressed. I remember the first time when I called TriEagle, I got such a good support and there was this person who even helped me in identifying my needs.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks for the review, Shubhajit. Our rates take many factors into account and we always try to provide the most competitive ones possible. We're sorry to learn of your frustration and will share your feedback with our management team.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

We have an energy broker who goes out and finds the best deal for us every time our contract with a provider expires, She makes the recommendation, tells us when is the right time and where the market is directing. She gave us the direction to go with TriEagle, then we went in and signed up. We did it all online and their payment process is easy. They're the intermediary while CenterPoint provides the pipeline. They have a good service and good rates. It is also easy to log in to their website and get the information that you need.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks, Dennis. We're glad you found us and appreciate the kind words on our website!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TriEagle Energy?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

TriEagle Energy had the best reviews and looked the best on the Power To Choose website. When I signed up, my interactions with their representatives were all positive. They were very well-versed with their product and had good information. I would recommend them.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks for the kind words, Brett! We appreciate your business and hope that you remember to use our referral program when spreading the word!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

The reps of TriEagle were great, friendly and responsive. The quality of services offered by TriEagle is great and their rate is also better than our previous provider. I'd recommend them.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks, Chris. Our reps work very hard to provide top-level service and it's great to learn that you've taken notice. Thanks again for your review and for your business!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

TriEagle Energy provides good service and they also have a good price. I called to cancel in one house because we moved to the other house. But the next Monday, we still had the electricity. I had to call again because they did not cancel the service. But when I called them, the reps were professional and courteous. I would recommend them.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks, Josefina. We appreciate your loyalty and patience and it's great to learn that you had a positive experience with our Care team.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I'm satisfied with the overall service that TriEagle provides. They have a low price, which is the most important thing for me, and they also have good customer service.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks, Maryam. Our aim is to provide competitive, transparent rates and best-in-class customer service, and we're glad that we have hit the mark with you!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

TriEagle was my prior partner and when I chose them, I used one of the online applications for best energy rates. I liked their billing methodology and I’ve been satisfied with them.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks, Joseph. We provide a number of billing options to meet the needs of our different customers, and it's great to learn that you've been happy with them!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I like TriEagle better than what I had previously and I’ve had three properties with them for a few years. Everything works with them. Their reps were good and their price is fair with the quality of service that I have with them.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks, Rodney! Our Care team works very hard to provide great service and it's always nice to hear when our customers take notice!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I have used TriEagle Energy for years and their website is not very clear to use for payment. Two months ago, I tried to renew a contract but it didn't apply to me and I needed to call a couple of times to adjust a new payment because they overcharged that. At first, I tried to use the web to send messages but no one responded to me for two weeks. Then I saw that my bill was crazy high so I needed to take action immediately. Dealing with their representatives was not very smooth. At first, they said they had the wrong person and they transferred me to the other representative. Also, when I signed the new contract, I should be getting a gift. However, it was not reflected in my bill so I wouldn’t get that. I’m a little unhappy but it’s fine.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks for the review, Chuan-Yih. We are always looking to provide the best service possible and we'll be sure to share your feedback with the right people here so we can improve. Thanks again.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

We've been with TriEagle for eight years now. We signed up for their services through their online portal and we set up automatic payment. So far, everything has been really great. They have been very competitive price-wise and we've not had any outages. I have recommended them to several friends.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I had been a satisfied customer for many years. Always paid my bill timely. I am now on a fixed income and caring for my husband dealing with major Alzheimer issues. You had thought I renewed my plan but for some reason maybe when I hit submit, my phone did not complete the transaction. I first talked to someone when I received a bill for 595.00, I was told, "Too bad but your rate went high because you did not renew on time." They were not listening to my explanation and was not going to help. I asked for a manager. They said they were not available but would call me back. They did not.

I sent emails and each time was told nonflexible at all in helping. I quickly renewed out of being scared while I was trying to resolve the issue. They continue to say no and then I was told if I missed by 3 day window to cancel service so they would charge me 250.00 as penalty if I change carriers. Do you want to give this company business. I don't think so. BEWARE!!! They think they have the upper hand. As customers we can make sure others become aware of their lack of principles and fair play!!!

TriEagle Energy response

Hi, Dotty. We appreciate your taking the time to leave a review but are sorry for any frustration. Please know that we've asked our care team to investigate and we'll be happy to work with you as best we can.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

TriEagle Energy's service has been good and they have a low price. Every week, I receive an email and they have a report which has been so helpful. I have been a customer of theirs for five years, and have also referred my friend to them. TriEagle is the best. I just re-signed a contract with them for three more years.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks for the kind words, Tri! We're glad you find the Weekly Usage Reports helpful and are excited to continue to provide great service!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Evidently Customer Loyalty is not a Priority of TriEagle Energy. I checked to see what renewal rates you offer and I was astounded by how much you are in rates compared to other companies I have gotten quotes on. I understand I have 14 days before my current contract expires and I definitely will be choosing another Electric Provider. So much for Customer Retention???

TriEagle Energy response

Hi, Stephen. Please know that we pride ourselves on providing truly honest and transparent rates without hidden fees. Because of this, sometimes the first glance at comparison websites may cause our rates to appear higher than competitors when that's not always the case. Here is a video that may help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp6vFWypllI

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I have been using this company for a couple of years and their customer service sucks. Had a problem and contacted them via phone to fix the beginning of July - problem wasn't fixed, then contacted again via email - was assured it was fixed for the next bill - wasn't fixed, contacted again via phone - no resolution. Waiting on supervisor to call me back - no supervisors available due to being in a meeting - HOGWASH! I'M DEFINITELY NOT RECOMMENDING YOU USE THIS COMPANY.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks for your feedback, Lisa. We're sorry to learn that your experience wasn't up to par and will be sure to share your thoughts with our management team to ensure that it doesn't happen again.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

When my 3 year contract was about to expire I called TriEagle for rates. Customer rep said if I renewed I would get $25 gift card. When my new contract began, I called customer service and they said I would get gift card after I made first payment on new contract. After I made second payment on new contract I called to find out where gift card was and rep said he would call them and I would get a callback by Thursday. Today is Friday and I never heard back so I called, because apparently TriEagle reps have to even lie about callbacks. Then rep said promotions department said I didn't qualify for the gift card. If 2 reps told me I was to get the card, TriEagle has to honor it but they won't. These people are all a bunch of lying thieves who will say anything to deceive customers. I want to be let out of my contract to go to an honest company.

TriEagle Energy response

Hi, Jan. We appreciate your taking the time to leave a review, but are sorry to learn of the miscommunication regarding your renewal gift. We've shared your comments with our customer care team and will be happy to assist any way we can. Thanks again.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I was moving from Maryland to Texas and my friend recommended TriEagle Energy. I looked them up and the price seemed to be reasonable. Signing up was easy, too. I made a phone call and someone walked me through the process. Renewing was very easy as well. I got an email, then I just clicked on the link and I clicked three clicks and the renewal went through. I’ve been with them for three years now and I'm happy with them.

TriEagle Energy response

Thank you for submitting a review, Chih-Chun. We know you have options for you energy service and we are happy you decided to give us a try!

Original review: July 27, 2018

I've had TriEagle almost five years now and for the most part, my bills are lower than other people. And when I called them, their customer service is pretty good.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks for the kind review, Erica! We're happy that you're happy and hope to continue serving you for years to come!

Original review: July 25, 2018

We used TriEagle Energy at the other house and this is my second year at this new residence where I also use them. We've had them for seven years and they were a heck of a lot cheaper than TXU. If there’s an outage, they handle it right away and there’s never a problem. So it's a very good service. When you contact them you get a response right away. They send you a weekly report which I love, to let you know how much usage you had last week and how much you’re using this week. They keep you up to date on everything.

They’ll let you know ahead of time that you’re up for a renewal and what everything’s gonna be. And then there’s different plans, you can either have a one-year plan if you think you’re gonna move or you can have a two-year plan and it was really easy when I moved to a different house to roll it right over. I’m very satisfied and I would recommend them to others.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks for the review, Ellen! We try to make our transfer and renewal options as easy and transparent as possible and are glad that you noticed!

Original review: July 24, 2018

I'm in my second 12 months contract with TriEagle and it's the best energy company I've had so far. It was super easy to renew my plan. I just called my broker to look at different rates and TriEagle was still the cheapest around. I love the weekly email updates on how much energy I’ve used. It estimates my bill as I go along and they’ve been the best price that I’ve had in the nine years that I’ve been in my house.

TriEagle Energy response

Hi, Robert -- thanks for leaving a review. Our goal is to constantly deliver the very best service and rates possible and we appreciate the words of encouragement!

Original review: July 22, 2018

I like TriEagle. They’re sending messages to let me know what’s my bill and I'm saving a lot compared to my previous provider. My bills stays on 72 or 73 and their reps are very nice. Because I renewed they gave me a free reward -- a $40 gift card came in the mail.

TriEagle Energy response

Thank you for submitting a review, Lisa. We're glad to learn you're finding value in the weekly usage reports and will be sure to pass along the compliments to our customer care team.

Original review: July 19, 2018

We shopped on what energy provider to use and TriEagle had the best deal. We've been using them for four years now and they send me updates that show my power usage on a graph. It helps me to watch what I’m using and I like that. And the price is consistent with them. I called them when I moved over from one house to another and there was kind of a mixed up on swapping over the electricity and the guy was a kind of knew-it-all jerk, but it worked out. I also talked to them during power outages and that went pretty good. I renew online and they send me instructions on what I’ll do, I pick my plan and it’s pretty easy.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks for the review, Jeral! We always appreciate customers taking the time to submit valuable feedback and will be sure to pass your kind words on to our team.

Original review: July 18, 2018

TriEagle Energy was recommended by a coworker and they are 100% better than our previous provider when it comes to service and the price. I had TXU before and it was always a big issue if I try to talk to someone and my bills were almost three times as much. I've emailed and called TriEagle and they’re always really nice and helpful. It's also easy to renew. They just sent me an email to click a link. They gave me all my options with a different plan and they offered special gifts if you signed up for so long. I’m extremely happy. I tell everyone they should switch. People think it’s a big ordeal to switch but it was very easy and I love it.

TriEagle Energy response

We appreciate your feedback, Amanda. Your comments help motivate our team and we're proud to be a company that you feel confident in referring to your friends and family. Be sure to take advantage of our Referral Rewards program when recommending us!

Original review: July 17, 2018

I had a different provider some years back and with TriEagle, I'm paying a little bit less. I renewed about a year ago and their reps were fine. They seemed pretty courteous and professional.

TriEagle Energy response

Hi Joe, thank you for sharing your feedback! It is our goal to be the best in the market and earn the loyalty of every single customer.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I am very pleased with TriEagle. Their service is excellent and everything we're doing with them has been a straightforward business. Their price was exactly like they advertised it. I used to be a director for Pedernales Electric Cooperative for 35 years so I know how to look at that stuff. I have three meters with them that I just renewed a few months ago. Their reps are very helpful when you call in to renew or get what the current price is. They're also very friendly. I have recommended TriEagle to people and those people have also been pleased with them.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks for submitting such a stellar review, OC! Our reps are always looking to serve our customers to the highest standard, and we’re glad you noticed. Be sure to take advantage of our Referral Rewards program when recommending us to friends and family! Thanks again!

Original review: July 15, 2018

I'm 71 years old and I've used other electric companies. As far as the electricity and what I get, TriEagle is as good as any of them. However, I wasn't too happy about the thermostat deal that they sold me. They sold me a thermostat that didn't have any sensors for the other rooms. And my house always had cold or hot spots in it. And I've tried to get them. I told them I'd pay the difference and get another Eco-thermostat that had the sensors, but they wouldn't do it. They flatly turned me down. I wasn't gonna re-up with them, but I did because I ran out of time and didn't have time to research anybody else. But other than that, they're fine.

TriEagle Energy response

Hi, Charles. Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We’re glad that you’ve been happy with our energy service, but are sorry to learn of your frustration with your thermostat. We’ll be sure to share your comments with the folks on our product team. Thanks again!

Original review: July 14, 2018

I used TriEagle because of their price and because they have no hidden charges and I have been very satisfied with them. I've been with them for five years now and I just had my contract renewed for another 36 months. The broker renews on my behalf. He lets me know what's going on and I approve it to some degree. I'd recommend TriEagle.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks for the review, Mark! We pride ourselves on our straightforward, no-gimmick energy plans and are happy to have the opportunity to serve you for many years to come!

Original review: July 13, 2018

My husband thinks that our rate is lower because we use TriEagle Energy. He recommended it to other people and I’ve heard him talking to other people about it. We are happy with TriEagle.

TriEagle Energy response

Hi, Sue –thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We’re happy to serve you and your husband and hope that you’ll take advantage of our Referral Rewards program when recommending us to friends and family!

TriEagle Energy expert review by ConsumerAffairs

TriEagle Energy provides energy in the deregulated states of Texas, Pennsylvania and New Jersey. They purchase power from natural gas, coal, nuclear and renewable sources like wind. Residents and businesses can opt to get power from 100 percent renewable sources when they sign up for a plan with TriEagle.

• SMART energy plan: Residents who want to save money and energy can sign up for the SMART energy plan. You’ll receive an ecobee Wi-Fi enabled thermostat, which will save you on average 23 percent on heating and cooling costs every month.

• Online bill pay: Monitor and pay your bill online to eliminate the clutter of paper bills. Auto-pay ensures you never miss a payment.

• Fast and easy switch: Once you decide to switch to TriEagle as your energy provider by submitting an agreement, you will only have to wait 1-7 business days to switch. Or, if you have a specific date when you want to make the switch, you can self-select a particular date.

• Commercial and residential agreements: TriEagle services residential and commercial subscribers. Businesses can get a customized pricing plan, and green energy options are available. Submit a form online for a customized quote based on your needs.

• Easy cancellation: If you need to cancel your service agreement with TriEagle, simply fill out a cancellation request, available on their website. You might have to pay termination fees, so check your plan before submitting your cancellation request, or call TriEagle with any questions.

• Best for: residents and businesses in Texas that want to save money on energy costs.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs