It's that easy Request Information
4.06/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

TriEagle Energy can be relied on for more than just great electricity rates. With tools like weekly reports that help you track your usage to programs that can help you put money back in your wallet like smart thermostats you can take control of your energy bill like never before. Visit our website or contact us today to learn more about our smart products and electricity plans!

TriEagle Energy Video
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

136 TriEagle Energy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: April 5, 2019

Received email telling me time to renew - chatted on line and they were no help. Called customer service and they couldn't give rates. Had to wait for fours day before I could get rates. So it looks like I will go elsewhere.

Get expert buying tips about Texas Electricity Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 4, 2019

TriEagle Energy was recommended to me by an energy broker and I liked their price. I have been with them for five years and I am very satisfied. All I do is pay my bill on their automated phone system every month. I don't enjoy their phone menu though. It is too slow. The voice recording of the person on the other end gets garbled at times, which just sort of fades out when you make a selection. It’s kind of a strange and almost illegible. They need to take a look at that. There were also a few times I’ve had a minor customer service issue, but they’ve taken care of it to my satisfaction.

Original review: March 30, 2019

The quality of TriEagle Energy's service is good and every time I have an interaction with their representatives, it's fine and positive. People should get a quote from them.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I had a broker who researched the electricity provider companies and recommended TriEagle to me. I went on his word that it was the best option for me at the time, which was the lowest offer too. He set the services up on my behalf when I moved. I like the service quality that TriEagle offers. During a hurricane, the flooding came close within a quarter mile but we never lost power. I had an air-conditioner and I could get the news all the time so I was really happy with that.

Original review: March 28, 2019

Applying to TriEagle Energy was easy. Their price is good and their service is stable. Also, if I send them an email, they answer me back within 24 hours.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TriEagle Energy?

Original review: March 27, 2019

I chose to go with TriEagle due to affordability. The renewal process was simple and I didn't have any problems with it. In the reps' customer service, they have always been super-helpful and friendly, and they were very direct too. The service and the cost remained consistent. But after I canceled my service with them, I was still charged for March. They said they would refund me, but all I saw was a charge on my account. Other than that, my experience with TriEagle has been positive and went smoothly.

Original review: March 14, 2019

TriEagle was good. I got this weekly energy usage report and I liked it. I would recommend them.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks, Christy. We want our customers to have as much information as possible, so it's great to learn that you appreciated our Usage Reports!

Original review: March 8, 2019

TriEagle was my very first account when I moved to Houston. I chose to go with this company because of the solar and wind package. I’m all about the renewable. Everything’s been good, and I like it. I’ve been with them for almost five years now. I signed up for the yearly contract. It was locked in a price.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks, Eduardo -- great to hear that you've had such a positive experience. Thanks for sticking with us!

Original review: March 7, 2019

I called TriEagle to inquire about new residential services for the home I moved into on Feb. 22nd. I originally reached out to them the 1st time on Feb. 18th so that my service could be connected by the 22nd with no problem and not having to rush and wait until the last minute. I was asked after a credit check to put a security deposit down, but on their website it states AD Military can have their security deposit waived. So after asking the Customer Service Representative about it and her having to put me on hold 2 times to ask about it and confirm with her supervisor, they told me to send a copy of my military ID to their Customer Care email and if all was well after they reviewed the email with my military ID no one would be in contact and my services would be up and running on the 22nd (my move in day to the home I am renting).

But that if something were wrong or they couldn’t verify my email with my military ID someone would be in contact with me within 3 business days. That was on the 18th, so move in day gets here and it’s the 22nd of Feb and I never heard anything from anyone so I was thinking my services had started and switched from the homeowner to myself and I would receive my monthly bill in the mail after a few weeks...WRONG! So now Friday, March 1st rolls around and it’s been 2 weeks in my new home and I want to see my weekly usage that TriEagle offers to kind of gauge where my electric bill stands since I’ve moved into a bigger home than I had previously. I try to log in and set up an account to view my usage and it won’t let me.

I call customer service and guess what? They tell me that the picture of my military ID that was attached to the email I sent them was too small and I needed to resend it, but wait? I never got a call from them telling me I needed to resend it. I never got ANY communication from them, so here I am 2 weeks that I’ve thought my service was in my name and running without an issue and I HAVE NEVER EVEN BEEN SET UP and no one has called or emailed to let me know so that I could get it taken care of and emailed again prior to the 22nd when I needed the services on. IT GETS BETTER...so RIGHT THEN I sent another email with a new and bigger picture of my military ID and I received an email saying someone would get back to me within 3 business days.

That was March 1st and today is the end of the 6th, that’s been 3 business days and STILL no contact from ANYONE! So now is 2 weeks that I’ve been living in my new home and not received any kind of service from TriEagle when I originally contacted them Feb. 18th, almost a month ago, to have new residential services started. I am using the electric and it’s still under the homeowner’s name!!! For me to have researched prices and chosen TriEagle as a new customer and new service, I cannot believe the way they have handled this situation.

Not only that, but on their website they act like they appreciate military members and offer them the deposit waiver but leave them stranded without power or any communication when I have done everything on my end that was asked of me to do. I have never been so appalled by a customer service experience in my life and will be filing a complaint with the BBB and trying to contact their headquarters and continuing to reach out to whoever will listen because this is just the most ridiculous and inexcusable way to conduct a business, especially for military member and new customers.

TriEagle Energy response

Hi, Kiley -- thanks for following up. We're sorry for your experience and will be sure to look into this further.

Original review: March 7, 2019

The rates I get from TriEagle made me go with them. I have a fixed rate. I signed up for the particular plan I’m on specifically because it was supposed to be a decent rate, but I would get an Ecobee. But it doesn’t work on my kind of HVAC. I had an HVAC person even come to try to install it, and it just can’t be used. So now, I’m stuck in a plan for that piece. That’s a little bit more than I would’ve spent, otherwise. Overall, they are fine.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks for the review, Joan! Sorry to learn you weren't able to take advantage of our ecobee offer, but are glad to hear you've had a positive experience overall. Thanks again!

Original review: March 6, 2019

TriEagle was so much better than TXU. My daughter recommended it, and I've been with them around a year. My experience with them has been excellent. The reps were great. Keep up the good work. I have already recommended them to about 10 to 15 people.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks, Marlene -- we're happy you've had a positive experience! Don't forget to take advantage of our referral program while spreading the word: http://www.trieagleenergy.com/TX/Residential/ReferralProgram.aspx

Original review: March 5, 2019

I’ve used TriEagle for four years now and everything has been fine with my experience with them. They're 100% renewable and I like their usage reports as well. I had used the Green Mountain one time a long time ago but then their rates just got too high.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks, Lisa. Great to hear that you're a fan of our Green Eagle plans!

Original review: March 4, 2019

TriEagle Energy was the first company I ever picked when I moved to Texas. They’ve been the only electricity provider that I have used. Their billing service has been fine and I like the weekly usage reports that they email out. I like to see the usage and power value with those weekly metrics.

TriEagle Energy response

Hi, Paul. Thanks for choosing TriEagle and for sticking with us!

Original review: March 3, 2019

It was based on pricing and price comparison that I went with TriEagle Energy. Compared to other energy services, they were very competitive at the time that I priced them. Their service has been good. I get my weekly notices and I like that. The only time that I had to deal with the reps was when I had a contract that renewed, so I had to go out and get pricing again. It was a hassle but it was just to make sure of the business. The lady rep that I dealt with was straightforward.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks, Donald. We're happy to learn that our pricing was competitive and it's great to hear that you enjoy the weekly reports.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I liked TriEagle's pricing and the simplicity of the bill. The cost is basically whatever the power is. There’s not a bunch of different fees. On the other hand, our bills have gone up compared to what we originally had. We like them to be less expensive and I’ve actually looked at others. But my wife likes using TriEagle and she decided that we stick to it for now. She has also been happy with the customer service.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks, William -- transparency is the name of our game and we're happy that you and your wife have taken notice. Thanks again!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

We were using CPL and a neighbor told me about TriEagle. I liked them and we’ve been with them for a long time. The billing is okay. My social security doesn’t get here until every 3rd of the month and my check came late several times. I just paid the times that I was late and they were very understanding about it. I even sometimes call TriEagle and the reps would tell me not to worry about it and that they would take care of it. They would also tell me to call them and just let them know when it comes in. They would charge me a little over but that’s okay. I'm never gonna try some other electricity. They tried going to me and they told me to change to one that’s a lot cheaper but I told them that I have mine and I’ll stay with it. I recommend TriEagle. I love the interaction with the customer service reps and I have called my people three times to change to them.

TriEagle Energy response

Hi, Irma. There's nothing better than hearing from a loyal customer -- thanks for sticking with us! We're excited to continue to assist any way we can moving forward.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

We decided to make a switch over to TriEagle Energy because of their lower rate. I like how they send out the emails of our usage. It helps us plan our usage better. TriEagle was a lot cheaper on the first go-around, but now, I am not sure how much cheaper it is because the cost went up. I was super excited the first time, I feel like I’m locked in. My husband found a cheaper provider, but we were already locked in for our rate, so I couldn’t change. Nonetheless, I really haven't had any issues with TriEagle. I have called customer service a couple of times and I was satisfied with the staff.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks, Donna -- looks like you're using our Weekly Reports exactly how we intended and it's great to hear that you've had positive experiences with our Care team. Thanks again!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

The rates from TriEagle were cheaper than other energy providers. I’ve been with them for about four years and the yearly renewal online is fairly easy. However, I had a little trouble this time ‘cause I didn’t pay attention to my bills. Other than that, they were always able to help me to answer my questions.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks, Kimberly. Great to hear you've been happy with us, and don't forget that you can sign up for email and text message notifications that will help you stay alert when it comes time for your next renewal.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I've used Green Mountain Energy and TXU in the past, but I like TriEagle Energy better. I've had TriEagle for three and a half years now and the quality of their service has been amazing, I've never had an issue at all. The bills are always the same and their rate doesn't change. With a lot of electricity providers, everything's quite standard with TriEagle and I love that.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks, Nichole! Transparent rates are the name of the TriEagle game and we're glad you've taken notice. Thanks for being a longtime customer!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I've been with TriEagle for six years. Every time I get ready to renew, I look at rates and I always go back. Based on rates and associated fees, it's them who are usually the cheapest. I do everything online. It's really easy to log in and if I wanna renew, I just hit the renew button. Then, I pick what I want and it's good to go.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks, for the review, Brandon! Great to hear you've had positive online experiences with us over the years, and are going to work to make sure that continues for many more!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

TriEagle Energy was recommended by somebody and their reps have been good and honest. I don't live there anymore, but their service was good when I was there and everything was fine.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks, Christopher. It's great to hear you were a happy customer, and iff you're ever back in one of our markets, be sure to give us a call!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

So I have money and I pay my bills, yada, yada. But I screwed up when I signed up for autopay and typed a number wrong. They didn't advise me I provided an invalid account number, but instead issued a disconnect notice all the sudden and charged me $30 for providing an invalid bank account. I emailed to inquire and their customer service returns a very smug response about how auto pay works when you enter the numbers incorrectly.

More than a year later my bank issued me a new debit card after they suspected possible fraud on it. I forgot that my TriEagle autopay was set up on my debit card. I of course got a disconnect notice 3 days after my bill was due and it didn't go through on the old card. It's not like they sent me an email stating they couldn't charge my card. Instead they try to embarrass me with a disconnect notice. That's what an on-time paying customer of 5 years gets. They are just unprofessional and not customer friendly at all. They are cheap but I do not recommend them.

TriEagle Energy response

Hi, Gregory. We're sorry to learn of your frustration and will investigate internally. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

When I was searching online, TriEagle had the best deal. I went online and signed up. Their contract is yearly and they've been my provider for three years now. Their renewal process is easy. When my year is up, they send me an email and a letter in the mail. TriEagle is a pretty good company and I’ve been getting the best deal using them.

TriEagle Energy response

Hi, Lonny -- thanks for the kind words. We're glad our customer experience has been easy for you and we'll be sure to share your feedback.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I was using a different electricity provider before and I decided to switch over to TriEagle Energy because of their good reputation and number of stars. Everything has been good so far. The service is stable and there are no interruptions. However, they started to raise their price recently, so if they raise their price in July, I will switch services. Nonetheless, I would recommend TriEagle.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks, Khaled. We appreciate your feedback and will do our best to offer you and the rest of our customers the most transparent and competitive rates we can!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

TriEagle has a better rate and I have a yearly contract with them. When renewing my contract, I usually go online through TrueCost and do comparisons between TriEagle and other companies then I make the decision to stay or to move. TriEagle has been good compared to my previous providers. They let me know when the expiration of my contract is coming up. Also, I get a report from them every month and it shows what my usage is and how that compares to the average homeowner and tracks it over a running 12-month period.

TriEagle Energy response

Hi, Steven. We're so happy to learn that you've been able to take advantage of our reports and alerts -- we want all of our customers to get the most out of their experience with us! Thanks!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I was shopping around on the internet, and then the number that I called, which I thought was another company, ended up being TriEagle. Then the lady rep started explaining the rates. I never heard of TriEagle but I went ahead and tried them anyway. I was always used to Reliant and TXU over here in Texas, and how they charged me for the delivery fee and fuel fee. And sometimes, with Reliant, it would range generally anywhere from $50 to over $100, depending on the usage or non-usage.

When I was trying to renew, I did consider leaving. I was calling and then again, shopping around. And the rates were competitive with other companies. But I stayed with TriEagle because I know about the fuel and the delivery charge. With TriEagle, it’s constant, which is $6 to $7, so I didn’t wanna find out otherwise. From other companies, it was a little different. But when I was trying to get the contract renewed, I had a hard time finding somebody that could help me. But other than that, I've had a good experience with TriEagle and I've saved a lot. TriEagle has good service and I'd recommend them. A lot of my family are using them now.

TriEagle Energy response

Hi, Jose. It's very important to us that our customers are informed, and it's great to learn that you appreciate our transparent billing -- much appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to write!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

TriEagle Energy is extremely reasonable and the overall service has been excellent. We don't interact with them that much, but when we did, our interactions had been fast and painless.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks, Bruce! Our Care team prides itself on top-notch customer service, so it's great to hear that your experiences have met that standard.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I'm very pleased with TriEagle. Their service has been excellent and since being with them, I've noticed a difference in price.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks, Matthew! We aim high with our customer service and it's great that you've taken notice.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

TriEagle is the absolute worst energy company I have ever dealt with! Let’s starts with my 3 year contract I was talked into! The sales guy told me that everyone is just oh so happy with the plan he gave me... well he lied! I have been disappointed from the start. My monthly bill is way more than expected and I can never get a straight answer regarding my account when I call customer service. Their employees have no idea what is going on with customer accounts. It is very frustrating to be told something different every time you call in! Every time I request a manager I am told someone will contact me within 24-48 business but I have never ever received a follow up! They turned my power off just a few days after I paid the bill because I owed $46. Somehow it just never adds up!!! I can’t believe I have to deal with this company. I seriously feel trapped, lied to and taken advantage of. TriEagle is the absolute worst!!!

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks for reaching out, Christian. We apologize for any frustration and our accounts team is investigating.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

TriEagle's price was the best at the time that I was looking at providers. I have been with them for three years now and they’ve kept me on the same price ever since. Also, my electricity hadn’t gone out. They email me my bill, and I pay it. When I'm up for renewal, they send me a little notice. When they sent me one and they had 10 cents a kilowatt there on it, I was not gonna do that so I called them up. I talked to a lady and she said that I would renew for 7 cents so I said okay and that’s what I’ve got now. Their reps are professional when I talk to them on the phone. We talked in less than three minutes. They didn’t hesitate long to talk to me and they just told me the facts.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks for the review, Johnny -- we always appreciate hearing from our customers and it's great to learn that you've had positive experience with our Care team.

TriEagle Energy expert review by ConsumerAffairs

TriEagle Energy provides energy in the deregulated states of Texas, Pennsylvania and New Jersey. They purchase power from natural gas, coal, nuclear and renewable sources like wind. Residents and businesses can opt to get power from 100 percent renewable sources when they sign up for a plan with TriEagle.

• SMART energy plan: Residents who want to save money and energy can sign up for the SMART energy plan. You’ll receive an ecobee Wi-Fi enabled thermostat, which will save you on average 23 percent on heating and cooling costs every month.

• Online bill pay: Monitor and pay your bill online to eliminate the clutter of paper bills. Auto-pay ensures you never miss a payment.

• Fast and easy switch: Once you decide to switch to TriEagle as your energy provider by submitting an agreement, you will only have to wait 1-7 business days to switch. Or, if you have a specific date when you want to make the switch, you can self-select a particular date.

• Commercial and residential agreements: TriEagle services residential and commercial subscribers. Businesses can get a customized pricing plan, and green energy options are available. Submit a form online for a customized quote based on your needs.

• Easy cancellation: If you need to cancel your service agreement with TriEagle, simply fill out a cancellation request, available on their website. You might have to pay termination fees, so check your plan before submitting your cancellation request, or call TriEagle with any questions.

• Best for: residents and businesses in Texas that want to save money on energy costs.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs