Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.14/5

Looking for a Texas electricity company?

TriEagle Energy can be relied on for more than just great electricity rates. With tools like weekly reports that help you track your usage to programs that can help you put money back in your wallet like smart thermostats you can take control of your energy bill like never before. Visit our website or contact us today to learn more about our smart products and electricity plans!

TriEagle Energy Reviews

Original review: June 24, 2019

When I moved to Denison, I looked through the gazillion plans online that were available in Texas. And TriEagle was the one that best fit my need and the most cost-effective. All of my interactions with them had been online, except when I called to discontinue my service. I knew that my contract didn’t expire ’til July 14th and that I would probably be charged the 20 bucks. But the person who waited on me was talking too fast and I literally told her about that, and she was talking over me. Other than that, I had no complaints with the company or with my service. TriEagle was a little less expensive than the energy company I had before. Also, I lived in an apartment, so I never had any service issues or outages. Whereas, before, I lived in the country, so we had a lot of power outages.

Original review: May 31, 2019

When I was searching for an electricity provider, TriEagle Energy had the cheapest price. I went with them and thus far, my experience with them has been okay. They have a good online automated system and it gets the job done. However, it's a bit lacking in its user-friendliness for a few things. It can do a little better in showing people how to do a recurring payment. While it's possible to do it, and I do it right now, the presentation of the user interface is too convoluted. It's not clear how to get to that feature.

Also, the area where I manage my accounts needs a bit more contrast. There needs to be a lot more difference in the spots that matter, like buttons or something than the rest of the page. Plus, there's also a very bad contrast between the black text and the blue background. Nevertheless, lights have never been cut off. There are other energy providers that do more but then TriEagle is more simplified. They just have a set of choices for me to make regarding how much I'm willing to pay for how long I'm willing to hold a contract. They trade off all those features and deals for relatively lower prices for power. Overall, their service has been okay.

Get expert buying tips about Texas Electricity Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 29, 2019

I have a small home and I’m always penalized for having under 1,000 watts. With TriEagle, I know I just pay that one $5 or $5.95 and whatever I’ve negotiated for the rest of the cost with no surprises. I've had the service for some time and I've only had one major problem with them. I lost my home in Harvey, and then I had this transferred to my apartment and then back to my home. They sent me a bill for $200 early termination fee saying they didn’t believe I had really moved back to my home, which I thought was rather obnoxious. I had to go to the Better Business Bureau and a bunch of stuff before I got it resolved. Despite that issue, I contact TriEagle when my renewal is almost up. Even so, it would be nice if one has been a customer for several years, they would give a little discount.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

We were using CPL and a neighbor told me about TriEagle. I liked them and we’ve been with them for a long time. The billing is okay. My social security doesn’t get here until every 3rd of the month and my check came late several times. I just paid the times that I was late and they were very understanding about it. I even sometimes call TriEagle and the reps would tell me not to worry about it and that they would take care of it. They would also tell me to call them and just let them know when it comes in. They would charge me a little over but that’s okay. I'm never gonna try some other electricity. They tried going to me and they told me to change to one that’s a lot cheaper but I told them that I have mine and I’ll stay with it. I recommend TriEagle. I love the interaction with the customer service reps and I have called my people three times to change to them.

TriEagle Energy response

Hi, Irma. There's nothing better than hearing from a loyal customer -- thanks for sticking with us! We're excited to continue to assist any way we can moving forward.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I was shopping around on the internet, and then the number that I called, which I thought was another company, ended up being TriEagle. Then the lady rep started explaining the rates. I never heard of TriEagle but I went ahead and tried them anyway. I was always used to Reliant and TXU over here in Texas, and how they charged me for the delivery fee and fuel fee. And sometimes, with Reliant, it would range generally anywhere from $50 to over $100, depending on the usage or non-usage.

When I was trying to renew, I did consider leaving. I was calling and then again, shopping around. And the rates were competitive with other companies. But I stayed with TriEagle because I know about the fuel and the delivery charge. With TriEagle, it’s constant, which is $6 to $7, so I didn’t wanna find out otherwise. From other companies, it was a little different. But when I was trying to get the contract renewed, I had a hard time finding somebody that could help me. But other than that, I've had a good experience with TriEagle and I've saved a lot. TriEagle has good service and I'd recommend them. A lot of my family are using them now.

TriEagle Energy response

Hi, Jose. It's very important to us that our customers are informed, and it's great to learn that you appreciate our transparent billing -- much appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to write!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TriEagle Energy?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

Talked to customer service a few times. Found out when my one year contract was over. Waited over a month after it was up. Paid bailout of contract. Switched to Amigo. Final bill was charged 350 early termination. Crooked company. The state needs to step in. Close them down. I'm sure I'm not the only one. I read my contracts. I ask questions and I double check. If they dont give me my refund I will find an attorney and start a class action lawsuit.

TriEagle Energy response

Your experience is important to us. Please email your account/contact info to Socialmedia@trieagleenergy.com and we will contact you right away.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

Per TriEagle's email to us of 12/16/2019 at 2:56 pm, we renewed our residential electric service agreement today. That email stated: "Your contract with TriEagle Energy ends on 1/24/2020. When you renew by December 31st, you'll lock in a great new rate and receive an added bonus!" The bonus was described as an "Eagle Plan Offer" for a $ 20 Visa Prepaid Card which would be available with our renewal.... However, the renewal procedure and your follow-up acknowledgement made no mention of this "$ 20 Reward." How and when will that "Reward" be handled by TriEagle?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

I had a contract for the last 3 years at .0656, when it expired you sent me the new rate of .1154 kwh. PPl which supplies our electricity is at .0756. Your present rate was too high for me to consider a renewal. Thank you for the last 3 years.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

I have been a customer for nearly 6 years, but will be cancelling my service after my most recent experience with their renewal efforts. Every year I have consistently received communication that my contract would expire, is about to expire, and then is expired with ample notification. This last year I did not receive the same level of communication and my contract went un-renewed. I had to find this for myself after realizing my rates weren't adding up and instead I was being charged 1.6x my usual rate. I normally would recommend the company to others, but I feel I have been taken advantage of. They made a lot of money off of me in a short amount of time but in turn lost a customer that was with them indefinitely.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

I personally have gone through a nightmare with TriEagle. I'm relocated and they changed my account number and I have made payments and they don't know where they're at. They have threatened to disconnect my service for $32 even though it's already been paid. I am a senior citizen. I have agencies who have assisted in my payments and or made pledges but trieagle is not sharp enough to understand this and to understand that there was two account numbers and they're responsible for all this chaos with my accounts. They cannot figure out the monetary payments and pledges. All they do is threaten to disconnect the service I have gone through abuse by a supervisor name Delano who works in Connecticut.

The two women that I had previously talked to recognize there was problems on my account because of the two account numbers. They apologized and said she would put a ticket in to get it rectified. Evidently it has not been rectified. Also one Christian agency called them and verified with them that a payment was made and this man named Delano was really disrespectful and said he didn't see any of these payments. It has been a nightmare. I give them a zero.

Not sure about TriEagle Energy?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Texas Electricity Companies for you.

TriEagle Energy expert review by ConsumerAffairs

TriEagle Energy provides energy in the deregulated states of Texas, Pennsylvania and New Jersey. They purchase power from natural gas, coal, nuclear and renewable sources like wind. Residents and businesses can opt to get power from 100 percent renewable sources when they sign up for a plan with TriEagle.

• SMART energy plan: Residents who want to save money and energy can sign up for the SMART energy plan. You’ll receive an ecobee Wi-Fi enabled thermostat, which will save you on average 23 percent on heating and cooling costs every month.

• Online bill pay: Monitor and pay your bill online to eliminate the clutter of paper bills. Auto-pay ensures you never miss a payment.

• Fast and easy switch: Once you decide to switch to TriEagle as your energy provider by submitting an agreement, you will only have to wait 1-7 business days to switch. Or, if you have a specific date when you want to make the switch, you can self-select a particular date.

• Commercial and residential agreements: TriEagle services residential and commercial subscribers. Businesses can get a customized pricing plan, and green energy options are available. Submit a form online for a customized quote based on your needs.

• Easy cancellation: If you need to cancel your service agreement with TriEagle, simply fill out a cancellation request, available on their website. You might have to pay termination fees, so check your plan before submitting your cancellation request, or call TriEagle with any questions.

• Best for: residents and businesses in Texas that want to save money on energy costs.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team