It's that easy Request Information
4.15/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

TriEagle Energy can be relied on for more than just great electricity rates. With tools like weekly reports that help you track your usage to programs that can help you put money back in your wallet like smart thermostats you can take control of your energy bill like never before. Visit our website or contact us today to learn more about our smart products and electricity plans!

TriEagle Energy Video
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

162 TriEagle Energy Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: May 31, 2019

When I was searching for an electricity provider, TriEagle Energy had the cheapest price. I went with them and thus far, my experience with them has been okay. They have a good online automated system and it gets the job done. However, it's a bit lacking in its user-friendliness for a few things. It can do a little better in showing people how to do a recurring payment. While it's possible to do it, and I do it right now, the presentation of the user interface is too convoluted. It's not clear how to get to that feature.

Also, the area where I manage my accounts needs a bit more contrast. There needs to be a lot more difference in the spots that matter, like buttons or something than the rest of the page. Plus, there's also a very bad contrast between the black text and the blue background. Nevertheless, lights have never been cut off. There are other energy providers that do more but then TriEagle is more simplified. They just have a set of choices for me to make regarding how much I'm willing to pay for how long I'm willing to hold a contract. They trade off all those features and deals for relatively lower prices for power. Overall, their service has been okay.

Get expert buying tips about Texas Electricity Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I was shopping around on the internet, and then the number that I called, which I thought was another company, ended up being TriEagle. Then the lady rep started explaining the rates. I never heard of TriEagle but I went ahead and tried them anyway. I was always used to Reliant and TXU over here in Texas, and how they charged me for the delivery fee and fuel fee. And sometimes, with Reliant, it would range generally anywhere from $50 to over $100, depending on the usage or non-usage.

When I was trying to renew, I did consider leaving. I was calling and then again, shopping around. And the rates were competitive with other companies. But I stayed with TriEagle because I know about the fuel and the delivery charge. With TriEagle, it’s constant, which is $6 to $7, so I didn’t wanna find out otherwise. From other companies, it was a little different. But when I was trying to get the contract renewed, I had a hard time finding somebody that could help me. But other than that, I've had a good experience with TriEagle and I've saved a lot. TriEagle has good service and I'd recommend them. A lot of my family are using them now.

TriEagle Energy response

Hi, Jose. It's very important to us that our customers are informed, and it's great to learn that you appreciate our transparent billing -- much appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to write!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I have had TriEagle before for about eight years. But a Reliant person came by and said they could get me a cheaper wattage and that TriEagle Energy was gonna charge me $3.49 as a service charge. They were wrong though. When I called TriEagle, they explained that the extra $3.49 was already included in what they charged me per kilowatt. They don't do a kilowatt per hour, plus the base rate, plus $3.49 again multiplied by your kilowatt hours. Their on-core fee and your kilowatt hours are all lumped in one. Reliant was breaking it down into three things. They have the base rate and then two charges for kilowatt hours.

When I got my first bill from Reliant, they were at least $20 higher than what TriEagle Energy was. I was with Reliant for about two months last year and then I went back to TriEagle. My conversation with the TriEagle Energy rep went well. Also, my bill is cheaper. I would recommend them. I hope they will branch out and come more towards Wichita Falls two and a half hours away from the Metroplex.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks, Kathy -- we pride ourselves on being transparent with our customers. We're glad you've enjoyed your time as a customer and can learn more about how we set our rates here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp6vFWypllI

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

When my husband was alive, we had TXU and another provider. TriEagle is much better because you can get the set rate. They also have better rates. I have had TriEagle for a while. Then I had to move out of my house into an apartment in August. When I was down there, I had it at one set rate, I paid one thing no matter what. After I moved here, I was paying $85 a month until this past month, it was 105. The rep was nice when I talked to her about it. She said that they pro-rate it. I told her I thought I had that set rate thing and then, at the end of the year, if it's more, then I pay more than whatever they adjust it.

Everything has been good up until this past month when that happened. I also told them that if it goes up this coming bill, then there's something wrong because I'm not there that much during the day, and when I'm there, I would only have one light on. But the overall performance of TriEagle is good. I don't have any trouble with them. They even worked well with me when I moved.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks for the kind words, Retha. We're glad our Care team was able to help you during your move and if you ever need anything else, we'll be happy to lend a hand!

Original review: July 25, 2018

We used TriEagle Energy at the other house and this is my second year at this new residence where I also use them. We've had them for seven years and they were a heck of a lot cheaper than TXU. If there’s an outage, they handle it right away and there’s never a problem. So it's a very good service. When you contact them you get a response right away. They send you a weekly report which I love, to let you know how much usage you had last week and how much you’re using this week. They keep you up to date on everything.

They’ll let you know ahead of time that you’re up for a renewal and what everything’s gonna be. And then there’s different plans, you can either have a one-year plan if you think you’re gonna move or you can have a two-year plan and it was really easy when I moved to a different house to roll it right over. I’m very satisfied and I would recommend them to others.

TriEagle Energy response

Thanks for the review, Ellen! We try to make our transfer and renewal options as easy and transparent as possible and are glad that you noticed!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TriEagle Energy?

Original review: May 30, 2019

TriEagle Energy is about the same as my previous provider. The only thing is that I had a lower rate with TriEagle but when I went to renew it, I couldn't get the same rate. I had to go with their rate or go with someone else. But I stuck with these guys. In the summer months, you’re gonna use it and the bill is gonna be a little bit higher. But in the normal months, we just get the normal then during the winter months, it’s less. I had to play with their website though, to get where I wanted to go. But their website is not really difficult to use.

Original review: May 29, 2019

I have a small home and I’m always penalized for having under 1,000 watts. With TriEagle, I know I just pay that one $5 or $5.95 and whatever I’ve negotiated for the rest of the cost with no surprises. I've had the service for some time and I've only had one major problem with them. I lost my home in Harvey, and then I had this transferred to my apartment and then back to my home. They sent me a bill for $200 early termination fee saying they didn’t believe I had really moved back to my home, which I thought was rather obnoxious. I had to go to the Better Business Bureau and a bunch of stuff before I got it resolved. Despite that issue, I contact TriEagle when my renewal is almost up. Even so, it would be nice if one has been a customer for several years, they would give a little discount.

Original review: May 25, 2019

I switched locations and the process with TriEagle was all done pretty smoothly. Everything was done paperless and on call. The electricity provider I had before had the Oncor charges which were around $30 extra that I didn’t like. TriEagle has been fine and I haven't had any issues, so I'm happy. But their rate should be cheaper.

Original review: May 21, 2019

TriEagle Energy seems fairly flexible and their service is fairly good. They're usually fairly quick to fix if their electricity is down so that’s been good. I haven’t had too many problems with outages. They've been pretty consistent and I’ve been pretty happy with them. However, one thing that bothered me the most is that whole bait-and-switch. You get the rate that’s really good, and then, when it re-ups, it’s almost 3 cents more per kilowatt. I’ve been on the upper range of that for the last two contracts. I’m supposed to re-up now and I haven’t decided if I'm going to re-up yet.

Original review: May 20, 2019

With TriEagle, we’ve gotten good service as well as quality customer service. I used other providers in the past and their customer service was not nearly as good as TriEagle. And I decided to work with TriEagle mostly because of the rates. I would Google and find the listing that compares all of the rates. And then I would compare those that have two or three-year contracts and then choose the one that’s most suitable, and TriEagle always came out on top. Many years ago, we had CenterPoint. And when I changed to TriEagle, I noticed a lower rate. When I would call the TriEagle reps and tell them if I had a change that takes place, they were always very forthcoming, giving instructions what I should do either online or on paper, and very professional. I have recommended TriEagle to others.

Original review: May 19, 2019

TriEagle has been a really good provider and their service has been excellent. Customer service makes it pretty much an easy transition when I moved from one apartment to the other. They also let me know in a timely manner when I needed to update my billing info. They’ve been pretty smooth.

Original review: May 18, 2019

TriEagle Energy is much more economical than our previous provider. We live in a rural area and with our barn, we were being charged a lot. As long as TriEagle is competitive with their prices, we would definitely continue with them. We’ve also been very pleased with the quality of service so we’ve renewed with them twice since we first began. We've been with them for about four years now.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I’ve been very happy with TriEagle Energy and I’ve been with them for at least over five years. Initially, I went with them because they had a good rate and they had the option to have an extended contract with them. So, that was a big draw. I hate one-year contracts and at the time, they gave me four years which was really good. So, I was able to lock in on the rate for four years. But this time around it was only two.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I was at Power to Choose and I came across TriEagle Energy. I liked the rate they offered, so I signed up with them. I have them for a year and a half now and so far, their rates are competitive.

Original review: May 12, 2019

I agree 100% with the other reviews that the rates are great. However, customer service is terrible in that it has been 3 1/2 weeks and no resolution to my payment issues that I am having with them. Even with escalation of the issue and a promise of same day response - nothing has happened. It should not take this long to resolve this issue.

Original review: May 7, 2019

After multiple attempts to collect $25 for my referral fee and providing detail information since February 2019. Promises of a callback from a manager, supervisor I have received nothing but my bill. It is now May 7th, 2019. When do you typically follow through on paying your loyal customer of over 2 years the promised referral fee?

TriEagle Energy response

Hi, Susan. We looked into this and it appears that the customer you referred did not provide your account number until a few weeks ago. Your referral has been processed and you should receive your reward any day -- thanks for your patience!

Original review: May 6, 2019

Recommended Tri-Eagle to both my neighbor Frank **, and my daughter C. Gaudino, and I believe they have both gone with you. We have been very happy with you and hope to continue being your customer. Thanks for keeping the rates very reasonable.

Original review: May 1, 2019

My agent has been taking care of my electric for the past few years and she transferred me to TriEagle Energy, who I've been using for a few months now. So far, everything sounds good to me. My monthly bill is a little bit lower now.

Original review: April 28, 2019

When it was time for me to change energy providers, I compared the prices, consumer reports, and complaints of companies. I ended up with TriEagle and their service has been really good. Everything has been fine and stable. There are no surprises and they pretty much have given me the service that they promised to.

Original review: April 26, 2019

My interactions with the TriEagle reps was fairly good and the professionalism of the ones I talked to had been okay. Their expertise and knowledge were above-average. But I was amazed with how slow and long it took them to get my checks processed. I mailed the check a week ago, and it still hadn’t cleared as of last night.

I also get calls, emails, and messages that they would gonna cut off our service if we don’t make the payments. But then I called and talked to the nice people there and they would say that I got till the end of the month. They didn’t seem to have the same urgency as the emails and text messages I get from them. In the emails and whatever I was getting, they were all running around like their hair was on fire and those were downright disturbing. I understand that I would get those emails if I’m past due. In some of those cases, I was delinquent. I was cut off once and wasn’t happy about it, but that particular time was my fault. Otherwise, TriEagle's service is fine. I also get emails from them telling me how much usage I’ve had and those are helpful sometimes.

Original review: April 25, 2019

We live down the country and our old electricity provider was a co-op. Our electricity went off all the time. It was hit or miss. With TriEagle, the service is good but the cost is too high.

Original review: April 23, 2019

When I moved into this apartment, I was given a sheet that gave me the rates of all the energy providers. TriEagle was rated as the cheaper one. I've done mostly everything with them online and it was easy to navigate and use their website. The quality of the service has been good, but the only thing that annoys me is needing to renew every year. Nevertheless, we haven't had a bunch of outages with TriEagle, so that's good. After the hurricane, my power was back on quickly with no hiccups.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I live in Texas and in Texas, you can choose your power company. I signed up for a service which finds all of the best and cheapest energy companies and contacts them on your behalf. TriEagle was the one and so I got their services. With the contract that I have, if you stay at the same location and don't move, it is locked in for four years and TriEagle would keep your rates at a constant price. If you move, you can get out of your contract. I moved a few years ago and the interactions I had with their customer service was seamless.

Original review: April 21, 2019

We were with TriEagle Energy for two years and my husband said that their price had gone up. Although we renewed the contract once, we might not continue when May comes. We might search for something else that's cheaper. I would not recommend this company because it's pricier than what we can get from other providers. Nevertheless, the service that TriEagle provided was good.

Original review: April 20, 2019

The TriEagle Energy website is very user-friendly, and I’ve had no problems so far with the quality of service they provided. Keep up the good work, TriEagle.

Original review: April 19, 2019

Our bill used to be so much higher and there was a mistake. Then, Reliance wouldn't rectify it on our bill, which was the reason why we switched to TriEagle Energy. They have been fabulous over the years and we’ve been very happy. Overall, the service has been excellent against the price that I pay. Me and all of my girls are home during the day, so we use a lot more electricity during the day than most people but I don't have any trouble. Also, I got a package from TriEagle one time and it had different light bulbs, a little blowup light and the foam things that you put behind the outlets. I used all those things. I have recommended TriEagle and my in-laws have them as well. We really love TriEagle which is why we've been with them for so long.

Original review: April 18, 2019

TriEagle's services have been comparable to the other energy providers that we've used in the past and we signed up our business with them. We did the new signup based on previous service that we had in another building. The lady rep was prompt and she was responsive when I contacted her. She did her job and was perfect at what she did, so the experience was all good. The quality of the service offered by TriEagle was very good and the price paid was commensurate with the service. TriEagle is something to look into. In fact, the landlord of the building that we were using signed up their business based on our recommendation.

Original review: April 16, 2019

TriEagle used to have better prices and was more competitive than other electricity providers. Now, it's more like the others. But overall, it's a good service considering the price we pay.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I was searching for different companies and TriEagle seems to provide the best rates in my area. I've had very nice interactions with their reps, and they seem like they're there to get the job done. At the beginning, however, there were a lot of issues with them finding the correct apartment. I gave them my address, and they provided energy to a completely different apartment complex with my same number, so it was a little rough. But they got that fixed up for me, and I appreciate it. In the end, everything is good, and I've never had an issue since. I will continue with TriEagle.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I did a web search and found TriEagle Energy where I could get a reasonable rate on wind energy and that got me interested. TriEagle has more offerings in the renewable energy area compared to my previous provider. And although there are better rates out there, I’m getting a fair rate with TriEagle. So far, we’re totally satisfied with their service.

TriEagle Energy expert review by ConsumerAffairs

TriEagle Energy provides energy in the deregulated states of Texas, Pennsylvania and New Jersey. They purchase power from natural gas, coal, nuclear and renewable sources like wind. Residents and businesses can opt to get power from 100 percent renewable sources when they sign up for a plan with TriEagle.

• SMART energy plan: Residents who want to save money and energy can sign up for the SMART energy plan. You’ll receive an ecobee Wi-Fi enabled thermostat, which will save you on average 23 percent on heating and cooling costs every month.

• Online bill pay: Monitor and pay your bill online to eliminate the clutter of paper bills. Auto-pay ensures you never miss a payment.

• Fast and easy switch: Once you decide to switch to TriEagle as your energy provider by submitting an agreement, you will only have to wait 1-7 business days to switch. Or, if you have a specific date when you want to make the switch, you can self-select a particular date.

• Commercial and residential agreements: TriEagle services residential and commercial subscribers. Businesses can get a customized pricing plan, and green energy options are available. Submit a form online for a customized quote based on your needs.

• Easy cancellation: If you need to cancel your service agreement with TriEagle, simply fill out a cancellation request, available on their website. You might have to pay termination fees, so check your plan before submitting your cancellation request, or call TriEagle with any questions.

• Best for: residents and businesses in Texas that want to save money on energy costs.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs