Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Champion Energy Services

Thanks for being a loyal customer Lois. We love having customers for life. Please feel free to reach out to us with any questions you might have. We appreciate your business!

Original review: March 1, 2017

I have been with Champion for about 3 years now and I couldn't be happier. On the rare occasion that I need to talk to customer service, the representatives are always pleasant and helpful. I especially like the weekly emails showing my usage. I recently received an email letting me know that my current contract was due to expire in April. I used the attached link and was able to look and compare the various plans. From that it was easy to make a decision and I renewed for another two years. From start to finish it could not have been more than a couple of minutes, it was simple, easy, and painless. I am a Champion customer for life.

Champion Energy Services

Thanks for the feedback George. We're customers too and work hard everyday to treat our customers the way we would like to be treated. If you ever have any questions or suggestions for us, please email feedback@championenergyservices.com.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

Champion Energy has been my electric provider for 5 years now. They are always truthful in their plan quotes and keep you advise to your expiration date on its monthly statements. No hidden agendas, no hidden add-on fees. Recommend highly as an electricity provider.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have had superb service for the past two years. I just renewed after spending over an hour comparing, or trying to compare, the multitude of programs offered. Some were so complicated that comparison was impossible. I found the Champ Saver-24 fixed kWh energy rate the lowest that does not charge a base charge.

Hi Kelly,

We'd like to thank you for being such a loyal customer! We are so glad to hear that you are very happy not only with your service but also the customer service experience as well!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I have service with Champion for several addresses, and I am very glad to keep it--not just due to your pricing, but due to your customer service. I know I will always speak to someone professional and helpful. Today a young woman named Jasmine helped me sort out an issue, and she did a great job. She was prompt, polite, friendly and she got the job done. Keep it up and I will always be a customer!

Hi Michele,

We are so glad to hear about your pleasant experience with our customer service representative. We would like to thank you for being such a loyal customer.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

Our renewal process was a very pleasant experience. We appreciate our Customer Service Representative helping us get a low competitive rate. This has allowed us to continue with Champion Services as our energy provider. We highly recommend Champion Energy Services.

Hi Karim,

Thank you for being a loyal customer! We appreciate your business.

Original review: July 21, 2017

Fastest respectable first class service ever I see in the state of Texas. I wish everybody learned from Champion Energy Services. The way they treat me I am so happy. I like to see all my friend changed their service to Champion Energy services. Thank you. Thank you.

Hi Diane,

Thanks so much for being a loyal customer! We truly appreciate your business and are so glad that we are able to give you the best experience while we supply your electricity.

Original review: July 18, 2017

Your customer service is so wonderful and I appreciate your employees so much. They are so helpful and you don't have to speak to automated line. Cannot say enough good things about your company. Thanks for giving us such a wonderful rate and I would highly recommend your company to anyone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Champion Energy Services?

Champion Energy Services

Hi Marilyn! We appreciate your business and the referrals to your family and friends. Thank you for being such a loyal customer.

Original review: July 6, 2017

I have been with Champion Energy for several years now and was told about this company through my church which uses it. I am VERY happy with it. The prices are lower than other companies and the customer service is great, as I ALWAYS get to speak to a live person and I am NOT held on line for a long time. I plan on using this company from now on, and I recommend this to family and friends.

Champion Energy Services

Hi Raymond. First of all, we would like to thank you for being such a loyal customer! We truly appreciate it. Thank you for the suggestion. We will pass that along to the correct team to see if we can do something about that.

Original review: July 5, 2017

First of all, let me say that the person who helped me set up auto-payment on my (recently renewed) account (on the 4th of July) was simply delightful and professional. She was very helpful and cheery even while working on a holiday! Another reason for my response is to convey to you my one-item "wish-list" for Champion - and that is to provide your customers with an online option for setting up auto-payment. Every time I need to update my auto-payment method (when my card expires or when a new card is issued due to fraudulent activity), I have to do it by phone. (The problem is, over the 2-3 year lifespan of a credit card, I don't remember that your website doesn't have that option. And I waste time looking for the option on the website.)

BTW, you'll be happy to note that I've been a customer of Champion through several credit card terms! All the other vendors of services that I use have an online option. I must have spent about 30 minutes scouring your website for the "manage your payment options" button, but never found it, and ended up making a phone call. Perhaps an alternative solution (to making the option available online) would be to simply provide a prominently displayed message on your website informing your customers that the auto-payment method is available, but that they'll need to make a phone call to get auto-payment set up. That would have been a big time saver for me and would have been much appreciated. In closing, I'd like to say that I appreciate Champion's gimmick-free offers for electricity. This instills a sense of confidence for me in my selection of my REP. Thanks for lending an ear!

Champion Energy Services

Hi Michael, we're so glad to hear that you find our weekly usage emails helpful. Thanks for being a loyal customer. We appreciate it!

Original review: July 2, 2017

I have charted our electric usage for sixteen years, paying particular attention to problems. Champion Energy is the best provider we have had. Fair treatment and good rates are not enough because everyone says they provide them. Champion's weekly usage email reports set them apart. They are the first provider that we signed up with a second time.

Champion Energy Services

Hi Jan, we're so glad to hear that you are happy with us as your electricity supplier! Thanks for being a loyal customer.

Original review: June 29, 2017

You should take a look at Champion for an electricity provider. I was with another company for over 20 years. My sister told me about Champion and over the past two years I had one bill over $100.00. I had been paying the other company over $300 during the summer months. Check it out.

Champion Energy Services

Hi Linda, first let us thank him for his service. We're so glad our rep was able to help find the right plan for you! We appreciate your business.

Original review: June 28, 2017

New to Texas. Son set up initial program. He is now deployed sad to say, so it was left up to me to decide which program I needed. Very different process from where I relocated, so I needed assistance in making my decision. Rachael was the rep who assisted me. She went above and beyond to help me select a program that will work for me in the absence of my son.

Hi Thomas,

Thanks so much for giving us a call! We're glad we could find a plan that worked for you!

Original review: June 6, 2017

I called because rates for renewal were higher than shown when I searched available power rates. Rates for renewal are higher than rates for new customers. On phone call, learned a senior discount was available. Discount not shown on web page.

Hi Paula,

We're so glad to hear you are happy with your experience. Thanks for being a loyal customer. We truly appreciate your business.

Original review: June 1, 2017

The renewal process has been made as easy as clicking one time on the Champion webpage. Thank you Champion for helping make life easier. I remember the first days where we called and discussed rates before deciding on the action to take. What a great change. Everything we have experienced with Champion has been this simple. A great company to deal with.

Champion Energy Services

Hi Virginia, we appreciate your business and thank you for being a loyal customer!

Original review: May 25, 2017

I am beginning my 3rd year with Champion Energy and have been very pleased with the rate I get from them. I'm happy with the ease with which I can pay my bill online and I like the easy renewal process. The thing I like most however is that Champion does not issue a penalty for using too little electricity like so many companies. That means a lot to me! I appreciate being able to do business with them.

Champion Energy Services

Thanks for reaching out about your experience. We're always looking for ways to improve. Feel free to call us at 877.653.5090 with any questions or comments you might have.

Original review: May 20, 2017

I've always gotten a good rate for my service through Champion. I haven't had to contact them very many times but have found them very pleasant when I did except for one time. I called shortly after signing with them to ask why I was paying city of Houston taxes when I lived in the unincorporated part of Harris County. I was told initially that, that was just the way it was and nothing could be done about it. Two hours later some lady called me back and said those taxes would be removed and they were.

Champion Energy Services

Hi Glauco! Thanks so much for the kind words. We're so glad to have you as a loyal customer. We appreciate it!

Original review: May 19, 2017

I appreciate the excellent electric service: No price increase at renewal, Clear communication, fast, easy, sophisticated and detailed online account management. I look forward to continuing my electricity service with Champion energy. I will recommend Champion to my family, friends and acquaintances.

Champion Energy Services

Thanks for renewing with us Susan!

Original review: May 15, 2017

2016 renewed by phone. Acct was in my late husband's name; did not have info to access online. 2017 - acct is in my name; used online renewal; very easy; discovered I qualified for Champ Silver program. No problems with the actual electric service; customer service 2016 renewal was very positive and helpful. Thanks!

Champion Energy Services

Thanks for your review Charles!

Original review: May 11, 2017

Renewals have not been easy over the decades. Green Mountain, Reliant and others have not gone well. However, your people have done it right again and again. Thank you for an easy renewal program and confirming it is so! It is a very good way to do Business in Texas.

Champion Energy Services

Thanks for renewing Megan. The good thing about moving in Texas is that you can take your electricity contract with you to your new home. If you have any questions please call us at 877.653.5090.

Original review: May 9, 2017

The representative I spoke with was very informative and answered all of my questions. She was kind and helped calm me down about renewing my contract and the potential of moving later in the year. Thank you for great customer service!

Champion Energy Services

Thanks for the review Fred!

Original review: May 6, 2017

Individual who assisted in our renewal answered all questions and concerns forthrightly. No hesitation whatsoever in recommending this electric service to others as we've done in the past couple of years. The service has been stable for the past few years since we've been customers, except for those times when overall electricity failed due to storms/accidents.

Champion Energy Services

Thanks for your feedback on our customer service agent, Omar. We are proud to have employees like Omar on board to give our customers exceptional customer care.

Original review: May 5, 2017

Omar, the representative from Champion Energy Services, was very professional and helpful. He assisted patiently in finding the right plan for my husband and I, who are senior citizens. He also exhibited good follow up. I can highly recommend the services thus far. I wish I could say the same for the distributor CenterPoint Energy.

Hi Lori,

Thanks for renewing with Champion Energy and giving us your feedback to make the customer experience better. We appreciate it!

Original review: May 2, 2017

I renewed with Champion Energy after calling their customer service. I was given a great rate and appreciated the friendly assistance. Their rates are very competitive; their online billing statements are easy to read and I love the weekly home energy usage emails.

Champion Energy Services

Thanks for being a loyal customer. We appreciate it!

Original review: May 2, 2017

I have been with Champion Energy for several years. The service has been great and my electricity bills are VERY reasonable. I would recommend Champion Energy for your electrical service needs. Easy to sign up and easy to renew. The website is easy to use.

Champion Energy Services

Welcome to Texas Isha! For many, the ability to choose who your electricity provider may be a new concept so we try our best to educate customers about how deregulation works and what to look at when evaluating plan options. If you ever have any questions feel free to reach out to us at feedback@championenergyservices.com.

Original review: April 24, 2017

Champion Energy is the best!!! I have the free weekend services and I have been saving lot of $$$. I love how they send you weekly usage in an email. It keeps us informed on when and how much energy was used. I was new in Texas and did not have an idea at first about all the electricity companies so I was doing lot of research and after reading all the great reviews of Champion Energy it did not take too long for me to decide to call them. Customer service is awesome. It was very easy to set up the contract with them. I saved $25 on my first month's bill after providing them the reference, which I thought was sweet.

Champion Energy Services

Thanks for your review Dona. We appreciate having you as a customer and appreciate the bragging:) Feel free to take advantage of our Connect-A-Friend referral program too where both you and the friend you refer earn a $25 bill credit.

Original review: April 15, 2017

I switched to Champion two years ago when my provider increased the rate significantly at renewal time. I love having the fixed rate and not having to pay a higher rate because I use little electricity. I just renewed for another two years at an increased rate of 0.01 cents per kWh. I have never had one problem with the service or the billing. I don't think I have ever bragged on a electricity provider before.

Champion Energy Services

Thanks for your review Marjorie. Let us know if you ever have any questions, comments or suggestions at feedback@championenergyservices.com

Original review: April 5, 2017

I've been pleasantly surprised with the prices & customer services. I have recommended Champion to a family member & she's now enjoying the lower prices & great customer service. Over the years, I've used several different energy providers & have sometimes been shocked at my bills. Thankfully, I have not had that experience with Champion. :)

Champion Energy Services

Thanks Brenda. We appreciate having you as a loyal customer!

Original review: March 30, 2017

Renewing after 2 years of great service. I have no complaints. Champion Energy does a first-rate job at a very competitive price. I had a salesman come by trying to get me to change electric companies. When he found out what I pay with Champion, he promptly excused himself and moved on. Champion has great customer service; 2 years ago, I made a mistake on my order. I called Champion, and they promptly corrected my mistake. Highly satisfied customer.

Champion Energy Services

Thanks for your review Lyn. We like to educate customers from the get go to explain what they will be paying from start to finish without any hidden fees. Let us know if you have any questions!

Original review: March 23, 2017

I've been with Champion Services for about 6 years now, and have no reason to change. Champion has some of the lowest rates in the industry and lots of green alternatives to choose from. One of my favorite things about Champion is that the billing is so easy to read and understand and shows you your avg. price for electricity each month including provider's fees.

Hi Estela,

Thanks for taking advantage of our Connect-a-Friend referral program. We appreciate it!

Original review: March 23, 2017

Great low rates. I strongly recommend switching to Champion! My electricity has been substantially lower than what it has been in the past. We are very happy with Champion Energy! Also we have referred a few friends and received a discount on our bill.

Champion Energy Services

Thanks for introducing Champion Energy to your parents. We appreciate the referrals! If you ever have any questions, comments or suggestions, let us know by emailing feedback@championenergyservices.com.

Original review: March 22, 2017

We've been with Champion Energy Services for several years now and couldn't be happier. Their rates are great and billing and customer service are top-notch. Anytime I've had need to call them they've always been very helpful and very courteous. I changed my elderly parents over to them a few years ago also and they're very pleased. As long as Champion is available in the area we live in they will be my #1 choice. Thanks!

Hi Destiny,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Our customer care team is trained to educate customers to understand exactly what their plan entails. Sometimes distinguishing the difference between our charges and the utility charges can get confusing so we like to encourage customers to look at the Electricity Facts Label to see how their rate is calculated. If you have any additional questions, call us at 877.653.5090.

Original review: March 22, 2017

The gentlemen I talked to was very helpful in explaining all points of my current contract and also informed me of a new and better plan. He was very kind and I appreciate his patience with me and my lack of knowledge in this area.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Champion Energy Services is a fast-growing electricity company that serves deregulated markets in the U.S. The company is Houston-based, but also serves consumers in Texas, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Ohio, New Jersey, Maryland and New York.

• Customer service: Champion Energy provides customer service to consumers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
  • Variety: Champion Energy is a good choice for both residential consumers and for businesses.
  • Price: The company is known for offering Texas residents extremely competitive rates for electricity.
  • Online presence: Champion Energy Services’ online presence is not as advanced as some other electricity providers.
  • Billing: Champion Energy is expanding rapidly, and the company has not expertly nailed down all of their necessary billing practices yet.
  • Best for Residential customers, small businesses, midsize and big businesses

Champion Energy Services Company Profile