It's that easy Request Information
4.52/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Champion Energy provides exceptional customer care and competitive residential electricity rates. As one of the nation’s fastest growing electricity providers, Champion Energy provides residential service in Texas, Illinois, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Ohio, Massachusetts and Delaware. Champion Energy ranks “Highest in Residential Customer Satisfaction with Retail Electric Service in Texas” by J. D. Power. Whether you are looking for a low fixed electricity rate, renewable energy, or automatic payment options Champion Energy has the right plan for you.

357 Champion Energy Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: April 16, 2019

This is the only energy company I could find with straightforward pricing. Everyone else has base charges if you don't use a certain amount of electricity, or credits for using over a certain amount, etc. Makes it very difficult to understand what you will actually be paying, not to mention all but impossible to compare plans. Not so with Champion - we have a 2 year plan with pricing that I can understand. If you want to give them a try use code: EOlverbranting12995 for a $50 bill credit.

Champion Energy Services response

Erika, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are happy to see that you are taking advantage of our Connect A Friend program as well. If you ever need to reach out to us, please do not hesitate to give us a call.

Get expert buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 12, 2019

Compared to previous providers I've used, Champion is better because I've been with them for a good while now. Their rate made me switch to them. Their reps were very friendly and cooperative. They were always good English speaking people that I could understand. The overall performance and reliability of the service is very good. I would recommend Champion.

Champion Energy Services response

Helen thank you for your honest feedback. At Champion, we recognize that our customers are our neighbors and friends and that is translated into our service. Our customers receive personalized service according to their individual needs. Champion simply stands apart because we truly care and value each and every customer.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I am a real estate agent, so I am hooking up electricity for all kinds of people all the time. Champion Energy Services is awesome and easy to deal with. I call and get a real person in the United States. I recommend Champion most of the time and I offer that I would call it in, but most of the time, my clients just ask me to call it in. I’ve dealt with Champion a lot on power of attorneys and they did it in little forms signed. They deal right with me and make everything really simple or deal with the property manager and the tenants and work the same way. Champion is number one. It is great and I love it.

Champion Energy Services response

Hello Lucas, we appreciate your honest review. We are honored that you have placed your trust in us to service your clients, and we will continue to work hard to exceed your expectations. Thank you for being a loyal customer and recommending us to others.

Original review: March 29, 2019

Champion Energy is currently what I use for my lights and I’ve been using it for three years now. It is better and consistent price-wise than other providers. I just renewed my contract a week ago and the rate was almost the same. Champion has been so great so far. I referred it to a lot of people.

Champion Energy Services response

Hello Tolulope! Thank you for remaining loyal and referring others to Champion Energy. We will continue to strive to provide you with the top-notch service you have come to expect.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: March 19, 2019

I loved Champion when I fist signed up, then after the first year was over my rates went way up, free weekends ended. I was told those are no longer available, but you offer them to new clients. Bottom line is new customers are valued but loyal customers have their rates increased. I have never been late or missed a payment, yet I have to pay more cause I stayed with Champion. Looks like this is the future of customer appreciation, Spectrum does the same thing. You should show the same loyalty to your customers as some of us have shown you.

Hi Kathy,
Thanks for sharing your experience with us. We value both existing and new customers, offering fair rates at both renewal and enrollment.

Sorry to hear that you weren’t offered a free weekends plan at your renewal as this is a plan that we have active in the market. A member of our team will be in touch with you soon to review your account.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Champion Energy Services?

Original review: March 15, 2019

Champion Energy is pretty good and reliable. I've been with them for many years as their rates are lower compared to others. They send me a lot of reminders through email and it’s really easy to renew online. They give me a lot of options, like for two or three years renewal, but I do it every year.

Champion Energy Services response

Hello Esmeralda, thank you for your positive review. You have touched on some great points that Champion Energy focuses on- a reputation of being reliable with low rates and simplicity when renewing. We appreciate you and thank you for you continued business.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I started using Champion Energy in 2013 when I moved to Lindale. They’ve been recommended by everybody that I knew. Getting their service was very easy and I called back recently to renew my contract because my rates had gone up. You do like a three-year contract and they give you a certain price per kilowatt. After that contract is over, the price goes up. I renewed with them last fall for a five-year contract so the price per kilowatt would be lower. I talked to somebody on the phone about it and I was done after about 15 minutes. Whenever people move to town and I have an opportunity to recommend somebody, I always recommend Champion because they do a great job.

Champion Energy Services response

Hello Maxwell. Thank you for your feedback and referrals. We are honored that you have recommended us to others and will continue to work hard to earn your trust and your business.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I liked Champion's price along with how many star ratings they had. I've been with them for a year and a half and it was easy renewing my contract. My first contract with them was for a year. I also called them about putting another house under their plan and had excellent customer service. I like their recommendation feature where you get a $50 credit on your statement and the person you recommended also gets a $50 credit.

Champion Energy Services response

Hello Mary! Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. It is great customers such as yourself that get the word out about all the wonderful benefits of joining Champion Energy. We are honored that you are still satisfied with your service and you have chosen to continue with us and add another home.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Champion gave me a better rate and I've been very happy with them. I’ve been with them for many years, and I’ve been treated really well. The quality of the service is excellent, too.

Hello Arturo,

Thank you for remaining a loyal customer and taking the time to leave your feedback. We appreciate your business, and will continue to provide you with the customer service you expect year after year.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I had TXU years ago and I changed to Champion Energy Services. Then we bought a rental property and we used Champion there for a while. When the renter moved in, we canceled that service and had them sign up with it. I just called to get it set up and there were no problems. Champion Energy is a whole lot cheaper than TXU and they were very easy to deal with. Their professionalism and overall performance have been excellent, too. I like Champion Energy.

Hello David,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about Champion Energy. We are glad to know that we made such an impression on you that you have decided to continue your services with us, and even refer others to us! We appreciate the opportunity to serve you.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I have a ministry and I help a lot of poor people who don't have electricity. I have them go with Champion where they can get cheaper electricity. I get on a three-way line with them, and that way, I get my $50 and they get their $50. The reps whom I've worked with have been great. They answer my and take care of whatever I need taken care of.

Hello Ann!

Thank you for leaving your feedback and referring others to Champion Energy. We think it's great that you are assisting others long term by helping them sign up with us to receive affordable rates and great customer service. We truly value kind customers such as you.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Champion's service has been satisfactory. It was a little bit cheaper than the other providers, too. The customer service representative handled my situation right. My service installation was done online, and using their website was as easy as pie.

Champion Energy Services response

Norman, thank you for your feedback. We love to hear from long time customers such as yourself to let us know that we at still on track and meeting your expectations. We appreciate your business and the opportunity to serve you.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

We have been with Champion Energy Services since 2008. Their reps have always been helpful when it's time to renew and when the contract expires. In addition, the rates and the reliability of their service are great.

Hello Brenda,

Thank you for being a loyal customer. The fact that you have been with us for over 10 years and remain satisfied speaks volumes! Champion truly values all of our customers and we work hard to maintain the excellent customer service that they expect.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

In the five years that I’ve been with Champion Energy, their services has been good so far and I haven’t had any issues.

Hello Sara!

Thank you for being a loyal customer and taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Champion Energy is better than my previous provider. I was able to speak with someone when I called to turn on the service and they were readily available. I didn’t have to be on hold for a long time. Most of the time, the interactions with the people I spoke with were good and I feel great about the service.

Hello Robert,

Champion Energy's #1 goal is customer satisfaction, so we love to hear from our customers to ensure we are on track. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

Champion has great, affordable and renewable energy. I did a general search online back in 2009 and at that time, Champion Energy was the most affordable. And every time I've renewed, they've been great. They do an excellent job so I'm pretty happy about that. Their reps have also always been great. They've been very helpful in answering any questions I've had.

Champion Energy Services response

Hello Jose, thank you for your feedback and for being a loyal customer!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I was referred to Champion and I've been using them for years. My brother and I have about 30 or 40 accounts with them, and we both like the service. If I have any questions or I wanna add a new account, I can call them and they typically answer right away. I don't have to wait on hold. They've answered everything fairly quick and they've resolved any issues that I've had fairly quick as well. I also like that they have a $25 referral fee.

I have many different accounts with Champion and every one of them has been really good. There was one a while back where one of the gentlemen told me that if I wanted the service faster, I could pay an extra $35. It didn't end up happening. When I called again, they told me, "We don't even offer that," and my account was credited back. The person that I spoke to at the end ended up resolving everything. Other than that, everything has been perfect. It's been an A+ experience with all the services that I've gotten.

Champion Energy Services response

Hello Ramiro, we are glad that your issue was corrected. Thank you for being a loyal customer, and we appreciate your business.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

When we bought the house, Champion had the best pricing going, so I took it. I get an email that tells me the usage, et cetera every month. It's kinda along the lines of when the internet exploded. Overall, the performance and reliability of our service have been 100%. I've referred quite a few people to Champion.

Champion Energy Services response

Hello John, thank you for the referrals! We are glad that our weekly smart track reports are beneficial to our customers. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I’ve been with Champion Energy for less than five years and they’ve done a good job. I’ve been satisfied with them. They are pretty helpful. Anything I’ve ever asked for, they’ve been good about getting with me and getting that information.

Hi Scott,

Thanks for being a loyal customer! We are here to assist you 24/7. Call us anytime at 877.653.5090 if you ever have any questions!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

My previous electricity provider was Reliant and they were very expensive. Champion Energy is cheaper. I've been with them for many years now and the experience has been great. The switch from Reliant to Champion initially was seamless too. There was nothing I had to do. I also like that I can pay online. Then their representatives are also on the spot. When I call, they take care of whatever problem I might be having.

One time, I called Champion because I had a patient who didn’t have electricity for a week because Reliant had cut him off for non-payment. I’m a physical therapist and he was a disabled veteran who had no money. He was living in an apartment complex and Champion got him electricity with no deposits. He didn't even have to pay his Reliant bill. It was awesome. Champion Energy does good work and I like them. In fact, every time I get a chance, I get somebody to switch to Champion. They have a program where I can make money if I refer people and I’m always talking about what a good rate they have and what a good company it is. I have referred five people, which has made me a little money and also made them a little money on their bill. So I like that.

Hi Connie,

Thanks for being a Champion customer and for taking the time to leave this review for us. We read each and every one of these and appreciate you referring your friends and patients to us!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

One of my buddies got a rebate or credit with a broker which made us decide to go with Champion Energy. Our experience with them has been fine. Their reps call me once in a blue moon to renew my contract and it's been fine talking to them.

Champion Energy Services response

Thanks for your feedback Don!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I have many accounts with Champion Energy and I've been with them for almost 10 years. They always offer a low price and they are quick. Everything that I need, I just go online, and tomorrow, I have the light immediately. And it's very easy to renew. I can also go online to do it or I can just tell them. Also, their service is very good in terms of reliability. Champion Energy has been excellent.

Hi Jen,

Thanks for being a Champion customer!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Champion has better prices than Reliant, our previous provider. I have several accounts with Champion so I pay attention to the price and they are still comparable. Over the years, I buy houses and fix them up and sell them and I have property for rent too, so sometimes, I have to shorten the length of the contract, but they've always waived the fee because they know what's going on. I tell them I have five accounts and this one has to go because I sold the house and they won't keep the same provider. I also try to keep them with Champion. I say to the buyer, "Here's the rate. You can just switch it over." I tell them I had a pretty good experience with them. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.

Hi Richard,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. Glad that our team could assist you with your accounts!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

Our experience with Champion Energy has been good so far. I like the weekly usage report that they send out. Also, we're currently in the process of building our house and the temporary place that we're living in right now is not energy-efficient, but our bill has been reasonable. When we finally get our house built, we would have an option to shop providers and we would look into Champion Energy first.

Hi Nocona,

Congrats on building your new home! When the time comes to secure power for your new home, please consider us and give us the chance to answer any questions you might have.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Somebody at my husband's work recommended switching to Champion. We had TXU at that time and we had a much higher per kilowatt hour charge with them. We could go online and make a switch. So, we looked through that and saw that TXU is high and then compared that with Champion. Champion also gives $25 to the customer that comes on and $25 to the person who recommends switching to Champion. I got a referral number from the person that already has Champion, and I put that in and signed up online. Also, whenever I renew my contract every year, it's through email. I just click on something and it renews. Champion's service is excellent. I highly recommend it.

Hi Karin,

We're thrilled that you heard about us through a referral! Since you enrolled, we have changed our referral program a bit where you and the friend you refer can now earn $50 instead of $25. Thanks for your business!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

DISCONNECTION NOTICE: I am so DISMAYED with Champion Energy! Back in August/September 2018 your company had a glitch in your billing which caused a DELAY in billing which I was told would NOT affect me as I pay my bill EVERY month! I was ASSURED by your representatives in customer service SEVERAL times when I called asking if they are sure because my billing always showed PAST DUE... And I was ASSURED it would NOT lead to a disconnection notice! And look at that. IT IS!! YOU ALL LIED! I have the email from a Anna ** stating that it would not be disconnected as long as I paid my bills on time... I asked her to get it in writing because I have been burned before... And lo and behold... Burned again!!

Hi Jeff,

In reviewing your account, it looks like you have spoken with a supervisor and the confusion has been cleared up. We apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused and are happy that this has been resolved. If you have any other concerns, please reach out to us at 877.653.5090.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

The prices at Champion Energy Services, as far as what they advertised on the radio, was cheaper compared to my previous provider at the time. I've been with them with two houses. We moved out of one house and moved with it to my current house six years ago and that was smooth. I didn't have any issues with that. Also, the bill is low and they have a very fair rate with not a lot of fees.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I switched over to Champion because of their price. As far as installation, everything has been switched, and I’ve done it through the internet or phone calls. I've been with Champion for more than five years now, and everything has always been resolved with them. Whenever I renew my contract, I would contact customer service to get the lowest rate. The service I get has been excellent and I refer Champion to others.

Hi Hayes,

Thanks for being a loyal customer. We hope to keep you for another five years!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

About five years ago, TXU was charging me $0.15 a kilowatt and Champion was charging about $0.07. I switched to Champion Energy and I’m pleased with it.

Hi Don,

Thanks for making the switch to Champion. Glad that we could cut your electricity bills in half!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I went online and found Champion Energy. I had looked at their Google reviews and they were good. Their online site is understandable as well. Also, the installers were able to switch everything over. When I started with Champion, they gave me a $50 card for referral and that was nice.

Hi Veronica,

We're so happy that you found us! Appreciate you taking the time out of your day to leave a review to let others know how your experience has been. As a customer, you too can start getting referral credits for friends you refer. Who wouldn't like to see some savings on their electricity bill? Thanks again and if you ever need anything, give us a call at 877.653.5090.

Champion Energy Services expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Champion Energy Services is a fast-growing electricity company that serves deregulated markets in the U.S. The company is Houston-based, but also serves consumers in Texas, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Ohio, New Jersey, Maryland and New York.

• Customer service: Champion Energy provides customer service to consumers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

• Variety: Champion Energy is a good choice for both residential consumers and for businesses.

• Price: The company is known for offering Texas residents extremely competitive rates for electricity.

• Online presence: Champion Energy Services’ online presence is not as advanced as some other electricity providers.

• Billing: Champion Energy is expanding rapidly, and the company has not expertly nailed down all of their necessary billing practices yet.

• Best for: Residential customers, small businesses, midsize and big businesses

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs