2. Homeowners
  3. Utilities
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.53/5

Champion Energy provides exceptional customer care and competitive residential electricity rates. As one of the nation’s fastest growing electricity providers, Champion Energy provides residential service in Texas, Illinois, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Ohio, Massachusetts and Delaware. Champion Energy ranks “Highest in Residential Customer Satisfaction with Retail Electric Service in Texas” by J. D. Power. Whether you are looking for a low fixed electricity rate, renewable energy, or automatic payment options Champion Energy has the right plan for you.

Champion Energy Services Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Champion Energy Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Champion Energy Services?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

I was with a major energy company for over 30 years but left because of their poor customer service — I had to talk to a contact in India that would not transfer me stateside when I needed to discuss an issue with them. Last year I signed with Champions and couldn’t be happier so I just renewed by contract for another two years. I think I get the best rates through Champions and outstanding customer service. I use the same lady to renew my contract and she is so nice to deal with. My sister from Corpus Christi referred me to her. Her name is Yesenia and she’s from Spring, TX. She needs to be recognized by management for her good customer service. I have never dealt with any of your representatives that were not professional. I am very happy with Champions Energy.

Hi Patsy,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us! We have recognized the agent that was able to assist you on your renewal. Please let us know if you have any further questions by messaging us at feedback@champion.energy.

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 4, 2020

I have been with Champion Energy for 9 years. Each time that my contract is about to expire, I check to make sure that they still have the best rates. I appreciate that they send me a notice letting me know that my contract is about to expire. I had a contract with another well-known carrier previously and when my contract expired, they just jacked up my rates without notice. I still get offers from them in the mail and throw them away.

Their rates were the lowest I found. Also, it seems like everyone else gives you high rates for low energy usage so that if you cut back you energy usage, you are penalized. Champion's rates are flat not matter how much energy you use. I average my rate out over the year so that in the summer, I pay the same amount as I pay in the winter so I don't have high summer rates. I will stay with Champion energy as long as they keep giving the best rates and service.

Hi David,

Thank you for your several years with us as a customer and for sharing your experience. We like to give our customers a heads up before their contract expires so they are still under the price protection they signed up with when it comes time to renew. We're pleased to hear that you are enjoying your contract with us and if you ever have any questions please feel free to email us at feedback@champion.energy or call 877.653.5090

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

I've been with Champion for almost 6 years and I’ve never had a bill go over $200. My bills have always been great and I've never had an issue with them. I’ve only ever spoken to customer service once and that may have been when we moved almost 4 years ago. Otherwise, I've never had a reason to really have to call them. And I’ve already gotten my sister, my other sister, and my sister-in-law to sign up for them.

The referral program is a blessing in a way because after my husband and I had a baby, I didn't go back to work. And then, he ended up switching jobs that put him in a part-time position. And so, when we didn’t have money, one of the referral codes kicked in on one of our bills. It helps out when we really needed it and it was great. So, I’ve told everybody about them. There are too many people who signed up with other companies and as soon as I hear the name of that company, I just shake my head and said, “No, why did you go with that company? The rate is bad.”

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I love Champion Energy. My parents and I have been with them close to 15 years already. We’ve never used anyone else but Champion. My mom switched to Champion Energy from Reliant Energy, and then ever since, it was Champion. And then I moved out. Now, I live with my wife and we also use Champion Energy. I have two offices for my business and they both are Champion Energy as well.

They don’t ever overbill you and they offer you discounts on LED light bulbs. They help you save money. With them, we saved a lot of money. Plus they send you a graph every month that tells you how much electricity you’re using, and what is your usage compares to everyone else’s. So, it really helps us keep track of our usage. I speak with their customer service sometimes, when I forget my password to log in, just to check things. They’re 24 hours. I recommend Champion for everyone that I know, regardless if it’s business-wise or if it's a household. They’re the best. I wouldn’t recommend anyone else but them.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

We’ve been with Champion for several years, about 10 years now. I have them here and in Austin. I’m on a three-year at a time contract and I call them whenever I renew. It’s automatic if you don’t do anything. But you get an email that your contract date is coming up and it will continue on a monthly basis, and that the rate can change. So, basically what you do is call to look up what the rates are. And I’ve stayed with them every time after looking. But I had to call to renew for another contract, otherwise the rate would vary monthly and can go wherever their normally monthly rates would be versus having a fixed rate over a period of time. So far, I’m satisfied them. I’m fine with their rating, but if they live slightly somewhere else, it can be different. It depends on what people are looking for. There are options like a 6-month, 12-month, 24-month in different levels or rates. I do three years just because I don’t wanna mess with that more often.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

I signed a contract with the company back in March and they were charging commercial rates for my residential home. It took MONTHS of me calling back and forth to get this fixed. Each time I had to speak to a different representative, several of them dropped the ball so finally I asked to speak to a manager (who left a voice message not even addressing my concern and didn't leave their name) And when they finally fixed the rate, they would not refund the past 3-4 cycles of me paying commercial rate "because CenterPoint Energy won't credit them".

I called and confirmed with CenterPoint Energy that they WOULD credit the difference to Champion and Champion would be responsible for passing that credit to me. But Champion has refused and I am still fighting this 7 months later! The employees really don't care about people or doing the right thing. I've spoken to at least 9 different reps at this point and get the same impression every time. This is a result of poor / lack of values in a company. NOTICE THE POSITIVE REVIEWS ARE FROM PPL WITH REFERRAL CODES- It's not worth it people! ****Please please don't support companies like this and save your time and money and choose anyone else!!**

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

Our CSR was awesome. She found us the best plan with the best price for our usage. This is my third renewal with Champion and each renewal has graduated from a 1 year service agreement to a 2 year service agreement and now to a 3 year service agreement. I feel Champion gives me the best service for my power and I can’t see myself switching to any other company. Thank you, Champion.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

I just renewed with Champion for Year 11! I couldn't be happier with my Electricity provider than Champion. So much so, 5 years ago I stopped the tedious process of comparing to find the best deal every year because I know I already have it! Reliability is never in question! Thank you Champion!

Hi Susan,

Thank you for a decade of being a loyal customer of Champion! We're proud to power your home and look forward for many years to come. We're always available to contact if you ever have any questions by giving us a call 877.653.5090. Thanks again!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

Have been a satisfied Champion Electric customer for over five years now. Champion has the best rates in town. I recommend Champion Electric as a service provider to all my friends. Their weekly usage monitor and online apps are very helpful in tracking my utility usage and bills.

Hi William,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review! If you any questions about your weekly usage reports or managing your account online please don't hesitate to contact us at feedback@champion.energy. Thank you!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

I have been with Champion 4 or 5 years.. can't remember exactly. One thing I love is the weekly update on how much I have used and what my projected bill will be. I can tighten the belt to reduce the price if I need to. When I re- signed with them, I found that they had lowered the kwh rate.. now who does that. I am 77 and still have to work to live so I appreciate everything they have done. Thank you Champion???

Champion Energy Services author review by ConsumerAffairs

Champion Energy Services is a fast-growing electricity company that serves deregulated markets in the U.S. The company is Houston-based, but also serves consumers in Texas, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Ohio, New Jersey, Maryland and New York.

• Customer service: Champion Energy provides customer service to consumers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

• Variety: Champion Energy is a good choice for both residential consumers and for businesses.

• Price: The company is known for offering Texas residents extremely competitive rates for electricity.

• Online presence: Champion Energy Services’ online presence is not as advanced as some other electricity providers.

• Billing: Champion Energy is expanding rapidly, and the company has not expertly nailed down all of their necessary billing practices yet.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team