Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Champion Energy Services

Thanks for being a loyal customer Lois. We love having customers for life. Please feel free to reach out to us with any questions you might have. We appreciate your business!

Original review: March 1, 2017

I have been with Champion for about 3 years now and I couldn't be happier. On the rare occasion that I need to talk to customer service, the representatives are always pleasant and helpful. I especially like the weekly emails showing my usage. I recently received an email letting me know that my current contract was due to expire in April. I used the attached link and was able to look and compare the various plans. From that it was easy to make a decision and I renewed for another two years. From start to finish it could not have been more than a couple of minutes, it was simple, easy, and painless. I am a Champion customer for life.

Champion Energy Services

Thanks for the feedback George. We're customers too and work hard everyday to treat our customers the way we would like to be treated. If you ever have any questions or suggestions for us, please email feedback@championenergyservices.com.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

Champion Energy has been my electric provider for 5 years now. They are always truthful in their plan quotes and keep you advise to your expiration date on its monthly statements. No hidden agendas, no hidden add-on fees. Recommend highly as an electricity provider.

Hi Thomas,

Thanks so much for giving us a call! We're glad we could find a plan that worked for you!

Original review: June 6, 2017

I called because rates for renewal were higher than shown when I searched available power rates. Rates for renewal are higher than rates for new customers. On phone call, learned a senior discount was available. Discount not shown on web page.

Hi Paula,

We're so glad to hear you are happy with your experience. Thanks for being a loyal customer. We truly appreciate your business.

Original review: June 1, 2017

The renewal process has been made as easy as clicking one time on the Champion webpage. Thank you Champion for helping make life easier. I remember the first days where we called and discussed rates before deciding on the action to take. What a great change. Everything we have experienced with Champion has been this simple. A great company to deal with.

Champion Energy Services

Hi Virginia, we appreciate your business and thank you for being a loyal customer!

Original review: May 25, 2017

I am beginning my 3rd year with Champion Energy and have been very pleased with the rate I get from them. I'm happy with the ease with which I can pay my bill online and I like the easy renewal process. The thing I like most however is that Champion does not issue a penalty for using too little electricity like so many companies. That means a lot to me! I appreciate being able to do business with them.

Champion Energy Services

Thanks for reaching out about your experience. We're always looking for ways to improve. Feel free to call us at 877.653.5090 with any questions or comments you might have.

Original review: May 20, 2017

I've always gotten a good rate for my service through Champion. I haven't had to contact them very many times but have found them very pleasant when I did except for one time. I called shortly after signing with them to ask why I was paying city of Houston taxes when I lived in the unincorporated part of Harris County. I was told initially that, that was just the way it was and nothing could be done about it. Two hours later some lady called me back and said those taxes would be removed and they were.

Champion Energy Services

Hi Glauco! Thanks so much for the kind words. We're so glad to have you as a loyal customer. We appreciate it!

Original review: May 19, 2017

I appreciate the excellent electric service: No price increase at renewal, Clear communication, fast, easy, sophisticated and detailed online account management. I look forward to continuing my electricity service with Champion energy. I will recommend Champion to my family, friends and acquaintances.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Champion Energy Services?

Champion Energy Services

Thanks for renewing with us Susan!

Original review: May 15, 2017

2016 renewed by phone. Acct was in my late husband's name; did not have info to access online. 2017 - acct is in my name; used online renewal; very easy; discovered I qualified for Champ Silver program. No problems with the actual electric service; customer service 2016 renewal was very positive and helpful. Thanks!

Champion Energy Services

Thanks for your review Charles!

Original review: May 11, 2017

Renewals have not been easy over the decades. Green Mountain, Reliant and others have not gone well. However, your people have done it right again and again. Thank you for an easy renewal program and confirming it is so! It is a very good way to do Business in Texas.

Champion Energy Services

Thanks for renewing Megan. The good thing about moving in Texas is that you can take your electricity contract with you to your new home. If you have any questions please call us at 877.653.5090.

Original review: May 9, 2017

The representative I spoke with was very informative and answered all of my questions. She was kind and helped calm me down about renewing my contract and the potential of moving later in the year. Thank you for great customer service!

Champion Energy Services

Thanks for the review Fred!

Original review: May 6, 2017

Individual who assisted in our renewal answered all questions and concerns forthrightly. No hesitation whatsoever in recommending this electric service to others as we've done in the past couple of years. The service has been stable for the past few years since we've been customers, except for those times when overall electricity failed due to storms/accidents.

Champion Energy Services

Thanks for your feedback on our customer service agent, Omar. We are proud to have employees like Omar on board to give our customers exceptional customer care.

Original review: May 5, 2017

Omar, the representative from Champion Energy Services, was very professional and helpful. He assisted patiently in finding the right plan for my husband and I, who are senior citizens. He also exhibited good follow up. I can highly recommend the services thus far. I wish I could say the same for the distributor CenterPoint Energy.

Hi Lori,

Thanks for renewing with Champion Energy and giving us your feedback to make the customer experience better. We appreciate it!

Original review: May 2, 2017

I renewed with Champion Energy after calling their customer service. I was given a great rate and appreciated the friendly assistance. Their rates are very competitive; their online billing statements are easy to read and I love the weekly home energy usage emails.

Champion Energy Services

Thanks for being a loyal customer. We appreciate it!

Original review: May 2, 2017

I have been with Champion Energy for several years. The service has been great and my electricity bills are VERY reasonable. I would recommend Champion Energy for your electrical service needs. Easy to sign up and easy to renew. The website is easy to use.

Champion Energy Services

Welcome to Texas Isha! For many, the ability to choose who your electricity provider may be a new concept so we try our best to educate customers about how deregulation works and what to look at when evaluating plan options. If you ever have any questions feel free to reach out to us at feedback@championenergyservices.com.

Original review: April 24, 2017

Champion Energy is the best!!! I have the free weekend services and I have been saving lot of $$$. I love how they send you weekly usage in an email. It keeps us informed on when and how much energy was used. I was new in Texas and did not have an idea at first about all the electricity companies so I was doing lot of research and after reading all the great reviews of Champion Energy it did not take too long for me to decide to call them. Customer service is awesome. It was very easy to set up the contract with them. I saved $25 on my first month's bill after providing them the reference, which I thought was sweet.

Champion Energy Services

Thanks for your review Dona. We appreciate having you as a customer and appreciate the bragging:) Feel free to take advantage of our Connect-A-Friend referral program too where both you and the friend you refer earn a $25 bill credit.

Original review: April 15, 2017

I switched to Champion two years ago when my provider increased the rate significantly at renewal time. I love having the fixed rate and not having to pay a higher rate because I use little electricity. I just renewed for another two years at an increased rate of 0.01 cents per kWh. I have never had one problem with the service or the billing. I don't think I have ever bragged on a electricity provider before.

Champion Energy Services

Thanks for your review Marjorie. Let us know if you ever have any questions, comments or suggestions at feedback@championenergyservices.com

Original review: April 5, 2017

I've been pleasantly surprised with the prices & customer services. I have recommended Champion to a family member & she's now enjoying the lower prices & great customer service. Over the years, I've used several different energy providers & have sometimes been shocked at my bills. Thankfully, I have not had that experience with Champion. :)

Champion Energy Services

Thanks Brenda. We appreciate having you as a loyal customer!

Original review: March 30, 2017

Renewing after 2 years of great service. I have no complaints. Champion Energy does a first-rate job at a very competitive price. I had a salesman come by trying to get me to change electric companies. When he found out what I pay with Champion, he promptly excused himself and moved on. Champion has great customer service; 2 years ago, I made a mistake on my order. I called Champion, and they promptly corrected my mistake. Highly satisfied customer.

Champion Energy Services

Thanks for your review Lyn. We like to educate customers from the get go to explain what they will be paying from start to finish without any hidden fees. Let us know if you have any questions!

Original review: March 23, 2017

I've been with Champion Services for about 6 years now, and have no reason to change. Champion has some of the lowest rates in the industry and lots of green alternatives to choose from. One of my favorite things about Champion is that the billing is so easy to read and understand and shows you your avg. price for electricity each month including provider's fees.

Hi Estela,

Thanks for taking advantage of our Connect-a-Friend referral program. We appreciate it!

Original review: March 23, 2017

Great low rates. I strongly recommend switching to Champion! My electricity has been substantially lower than what it has been in the past. We are very happy with Champion Energy! Also we have referred a few friends and received a discount on our bill.

Champion Energy Services

Thanks for introducing Champion Energy to your parents. We appreciate the referrals! If you ever have any questions, comments or suggestions, let us know by emailing feedback@championenergyservices.com.

Original review: March 22, 2017

We've been with Champion Energy Services for several years now and couldn't be happier. Their rates are great and billing and customer service are top-notch. Anytime I've had need to call them they've always been very helpful and very courteous. I changed my elderly parents over to them a few years ago also and they're very pleased. As long as Champion is available in the area we live in they will be my #1 choice. Thanks!

Hi Destiny,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Our customer care team is trained to educate customers to understand exactly what their plan entails. Sometimes distinguishing the difference between our charges and the utility charges can get confusing so we like to encourage customers to look at the Electricity Facts Label to see how their rate is calculated. If you have any additional questions, call us at 877.653.5090.

Original review: March 22, 2017

The gentlemen I talked to was very helpful in explaining all points of my current contract and also informed me of a new and better plan. He was very kind and I appreciate his patience with me and my lack of knowledge in this area.

Champion Energy Services

Thanks for your feedback Mary. We appreciate having you as a customer!

Original review: March 22, 2017

Champion Energy respect loyal customers, not chase away good customers like other Energy Providers. Champion Energy offers good rates to loyal customers when the time to renew. Also, Champion Energy has great service in billing that is easy to understand.

Champion Energy Services

We're happy to have you as a customer William. If you ever have any questions feel free to reach out to us at feedback@championenergyservices.com

Original review: Feb. 26, 2017

About a year ago I switched from my former provider to Champion. Could not be happier. Each time I have dealt with personnel at Champion they have been very pleasant and knowledgeable. Plus, I have saved a lot of money. There may be some who are cheaper but this full package cannot be beat.

Champion Energy Services

Thanks for your business Sandra!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

I have been with Champion Energy Services for at least five years maybe longer, and I have always had great customer care and the best rates offered! I have referred my daughter and she also experiences great service and rate savings. Thank you Champion Energy!

Champion Energy Services

Hi Walter. It looks like this has been resolved. A member of our team will reach out to you to clear this up. We apologize for the confusion.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

Several issues: a) The "Power to Choose" rates were not realized when clicking the "Sign up now" link; had to negotiate with Live Chat to get the advertised rate. b) Within seconds of agreeing to a renewal, I received an e-mail confirmation with an about 50% higher rate for the energy portion. The agent apologized and said it will be corrected by this morning. This has not happened yet. In summary, Champion basically tried twice to get a higher price than advertised/agreed to. I'm still waiting for the correction. Otherwise a Slamming complaint will be sent to the Utility Commission, NLT noon today and Champion lost a pretty good customer at the same time. PS: I retained a transcript of the online conversation.

Champion Energy Services

Thanks for the review Veronica. We appreciate it!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

After comparing kilowatts with other competitors, Champion has the right stuff. Happy to renew and keep low rates. Customer service is very polite and best no hidden fees. If in need of payment plan, they are always there to assist. Had other electric companies and finally I can say I have been a customer for past 3 yrs. Thank you.

Champion Energy Services

Thanks for making the switch Belinda. We're happy to have you as a customer!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

Switching was easy. First I got a 12 month contract and I've been so happy that I renewed for 18 months now. My electric bill is half of what it used to be with Reliant. No gimmicks, no hidden fees, no surprises. I recommend this company to everybody!

Champion Energy Services

Thanks for your review John. We are always looking for ways to improve. If you have any comments or suggestions, please let us know by emailing us at feedback@championenergyservices.com.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

Always helpful and efficient. Would recommend to anyone, anywhere. I have had nothing but positive interactions with customer service. The price is better than any other company. The service is great. The electricity is strong and always strong. I appreciate the quality and will always use Champion.

Champion Energy Services

Thanks for renewing with us Susan! We appreciate your loyalty. If you have any questions or comments feel free to reach out to us at feedback@championenergyservices.com.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

I completed my 2 year contract with Champion and renewed for another 2 years! I continue to regret that I hadn't switched to Champion from TXU 5 years prior to when I did. I was continually referred by a colleague to Champion. Champion's pricing is extremely competitive. AND their customer service both online and over the phone is superior to any other company with which I do business regardless of the products. Keep up the good work, Champion Energy!

Champion Energy Services

Thanks for being a loyal customer Erin. We appreciate the referrals!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

I have been with Champion Energy for over 3 years and I have never had an issue. Their prices are competitive, the customer service is wonderful. Their referral program helps keep my bills low as well! $25 for each referral, for both you and the person you referred!

Champion Energy Services

Thanks for your review Michelle. If you have any questions, you can always reach out to us at feedback@championenergyservices.com.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2016

I moved to Dallas a few months ago and this was my very first time having to find an energy provider. I decided to contact Champion Energy due to the good online reviews, especially in comparison to other regional energy providers. I called them to get information, and I received excellent customer service. They carefully explained each plan and I ended up selecting the Free Time-12 contract, where I don't get charged for energy on weekends! (From Friday midnight to Sunday midnight). Two weeks ago I decided to move to another apartment complex, so I contacted them again. I was worried about having to pay a big fee for changing my address. However, they simply updated the address and move-in/move-out dates. It took me less than 5 minutes and I wasn't charged a dime! So far, I am very happy with this company and its customer service.

Also, you have the opportunity to immediately save $25 by entering a referral code when you sign up, and then start saving $25 every time a friend uses your referral code! I don't like to put my name out there and review products or services, but I am truly satisfied with this company and I am also curious to see if their referral program truly works. Sounds like a great savings opportunity for people with many friends or a strong social media presence. I will update this review if I ever end up getting the $25 referral credit.

UPDATED ON 12/29/2016: This is a quick update to confirm that I was credited the $25 referral discount, so I have actually only paid $11.00 and $16.00 dollars in the last two bills due to the referral code. I live in a one bedroom apartment (with washer and dryer inside), so my electric bill has never been over $40.00, but I still think this is a great deal if I can just get $25.00 dollars off every month or every other month due to online referrals and recommendations to friends and colleagues.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Champion Energy Services is a fast-growing electricity company that serves deregulated markets in the U.S. The company is Houston-based, but also serves consumers in Texas, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Ohio, New Jersey, Maryland and New York.

• Customer service: Champion Energy provides customer service to consumers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
  • Variety: Champion Energy is a good choice for both residential consumers and for businesses.
  • Price: The company is known for offering Texas residents extremely competitive rates for electricity.
  • Online presence: Champion Energy Services’ online presence is not as advanced as some other electricity providers.
  • Billing: Champion Energy is expanding rapidly, and the company has not expertly nailed down all of their necessary billing practices yet.
  • Best for Residential customers, small businesses, midsize and big businesses

Champion Energy Services Company Profile