Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Champion Energy Services

Thanks for being a loyal customer Lois. We love having customers for life. Please feel free to reach out to us with any questions you might have. We appreciate your business!

Original review: March 1, 2017

I have been with Champion for about 3 years now and I couldn't be happier. On the rare occasion that I need to talk to customer service, the representatives are always pleasant and helpful. I especially like the weekly emails showing my usage. I recently received an email letting me know that my current contract was due to expire in April. I used the attached link and was able to look and compare the various plans. From that it was easy to make a decision and I renewed for another two years. From start to finish it could not have been more than a couple of minutes, it was simple, easy, and painless. I am a Champion customer for life.

Champion Energy Services

Thanks for the feedback George. We're customers too and work hard everyday to treat our customers the way we would like to be treated. If you ever have any questions or suggestions for us, please email feedback@championenergyservices.com.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

Champion Energy has been my electric provider for 5 years now. They are always truthful in their plan quotes and keep you advise to your expiration date on its monthly statements. No hidden agendas, no hidden add-on fees. Recommend highly as an electricity provider.

I've been with Champion Services for about 6 years now, and have no reason to change. Champion has some of the lowest rates in the industry and lots of green alternatives to choose from. One of my favorite things about Champion is that the billing is so easy to read and understand and shows you your avg. price for electricity each month including provider's fees.

Hi Estela,

Thanks for taking advantage of our Connect-a-Friend referral program. We appreciate it!

Original review: March 23, 2017

Great low rates. I strongly recommend switching to Champion! My electricity has been substantially lower than what it has been in the past. We are very happy with Champion Energy! Also we have referred a few friends and received a discount on our bill.

Champion Energy Services

Thanks for introducing Champion Energy to your parents. We appreciate the referrals! If you ever have any questions, comments or suggestions, let us know by emailing feedback@championenergyservices.com.

Original review: March 22, 2017

We've been with Champion Energy Services for several years now and couldn't be happier. Their rates are great and billing and customer service are top-notch. Anytime I've had need to call them they've always been very helpful and very courteous. I changed my elderly parents over to them a few years ago also and they're very pleased. As long as Champion is available in the area we live in they will be my #1 choice. Thanks!

Hi Destiny,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Our customer care team is trained to educate customers to understand exactly what their plan entails. Sometimes distinguishing the difference between our charges and the utility charges can get confusing so we like to encourage customers to look at the Electricity Facts Label to see how their rate is calculated. If you have any additional questions, call us at 877.653.5090.

Original review: March 22, 2017

The gentlemen I talked to was very helpful in explaining all points of my current contract and also informed me of a new and better plan. He was very kind and I appreciate his patience with me and my lack of knowledge in this area.

Champion Energy Services

Thanks for your feedback Mary. We appreciate having you as a customer!

Original review: March 22, 2017

Champion Energy respect loyal customers, not chase away good customers like other Energy Providers. Champion Energy offers good rates to loyal customers when the time to renew. Also, Champion Energy has great service in billing that is easy to understand.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Champion Energy Services?

Champion Energy Services

We're happy to have you as a customer William. If you ever have any questions feel free to reach out to us at feedback@championenergyservices.com

Original review: Feb. 26, 2017

About a year ago I switched from my former provider to Champion. Could not be happier. Each time I have dealt with personnel at Champion they have been very pleasant and knowledgeable. Plus, I have saved a lot of money. There may be some who are cheaper but this full package cannot be beat.

Champion Energy Services

Thanks for your business Sandra!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

I have been with Champion Energy Services for at least five years maybe longer, and I have always had great customer care and the best rates offered! I have referred my daughter and she also experiences great service and rate savings. Thank you Champion Energy!

Resolution In Progress

Champion Energy Services

Hi Walter. It looks like this has been resolved. A member of our team will reach out to you to clear this up. We apologize for the confusion.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

Several issues: a) The "Power to Choose" rates were not realized when clicking the "Sign up now" link; had to negotiate with Live Chat to get the advertised rate. b) Within seconds of agreeing to a renewal, I received an e-mail confirmation with an about 50% higher rate for the energy portion. The agent apologized and said it will be corrected by this morning. This has not happened yet. In summary, Champion basically tried twice to get a higher price than advertised/agreed to. I'm still waiting for the correction. Otherwise a Slamming complaint will be sent to the Utility Commission, NLT noon today and Champion lost a pretty good customer at the same time. PS: I retained a transcript of the online conversation.

Champion Energy Services

Thanks for the review Veronica. We appreciate it!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

After comparing kilowatts with other competitors, Champion has the right stuff. Happy to renew and keep low rates. Customer service is very polite and best no hidden fees. If in need of payment plan, they are always there to assist. Had other electric companies and finally I can say I have been a customer for past 3 yrs. Thank you.

Champion Energy Services

Thanks for making the switch Belinda. We're happy to have you as a customer!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

Switching was easy. First I got a 12 month contract and I've been so happy that I renewed for 18 months now. My electric bill is half of what it used to be with Reliant. No gimmicks, no hidden fees, no surprises. I recommend this company to everybody!

Champion Energy Services

Thanks for your review John. We are always looking for ways to improve. If you have any comments or suggestions, please let us know by emailing us at feedback@championenergyservices.com.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

Always helpful and efficient. Would recommend to anyone, anywhere. I have had nothing but positive interactions with customer service. The price is better than any other company. The service is great. The electricity is strong and always strong. I appreciate the quality and will always use Champion.

Champion Energy Services

Thanks for renewing with us Susan! We appreciate your loyalty. If you have any questions or comments feel free to reach out to us at feedback@championenergyservices.com.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

I completed my 2 year contract with Champion and renewed for another 2 years! I continue to regret that I hadn't switched to Champion from TXU 5 years prior to when I did. I was continually referred by a colleague to Champion. Champion's pricing is extremely competitive. AND their customer service both online and over the phone is superior to any other company with which I do business regardless of the products. Keep up the good work, Champion Energy!

Champion Energy Services

Thanks for being a loyal customer Erin. We appreciate the referrals!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

I have been with Champion Energy for over 3 years and I have never had an issue. Their prices are competitive, the customer service is wonderful. Their referral program helps keep my bills low as well! $25 for each referral, for both you and the person you referred!

Champion Energy Services

Thanks for your review Michelle. If you have any questions, you can always reach out to us at feedback@championenergyservices.com.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2016

I moved to Dallas a few months ago and this was my very first time having to find an energy provider. I decided to contact Champion Energy due to the good online reviews, especially in comparison to other regional energy providers. I called them to get information, and I received excellent customer service. They carefully explained each plan and I ended up selecting the Free Time-12 contract, where I don't get charged for energy on weekends! (From Friday midnight to Sunday midnight). Two weeks ago I decided to move to another apartment complex, so I contacted them again. I was worried about having to pay a big fee for changing my address. However, they simply updated the address and move-in/move-out dates. It took me less than 5 minutes and I wasn't charged a dime! So far, I am very happy with this company and its customer service.

Also, you have the opportunity to immediately save $25 by entering a referral code when you sign up, and then start saving $25 every time a friend uses your referral code! I don't like to put my name out there and review products or services, but I am truly satisfied with this company and I am also curious to see if their referral program truly works. Sounds like a great savings opportunity for people with many friends or a strong social media presence. I will update this review if I ever end up getting the $25 referral credit.

UPDATED ON 12/29/2016: This is a quick update to confirm that I was credited the $25 referral discount, so I have actually only paid $11.00 and $16.00 dollars in the last two bills due to the referral code. I live in a one bedroom apartment (with washer and dryer inside), so my electric bill has never been over $40.00, but I still think this is a great deal if I can just get $25.00 dollars off every month or every other month due to online referrals and recommendations to friends and colleagues.

Champion Energy Services

Heather, sorry to hear of your experience with your commercial agreement. Please email us at feedback@championenergyservices.com, including your service address and company name. We'll look into it and contact you directly.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2016

We received a call from Champion regarding switching suppliers. After a discussion, everything they told me sounded good... it was a discount program. I was told that the lower rate they gave me would be guaranteed for 4 years, which is what it stated on the email sent after agreeing to the service. Never ONCE did they say we were going to be locked in to a CONTRACT for 4 YEARS and can't get out of it unless we pay an astronomical termination fee. I only found this out after getting a separate bill from Champion, where most electric suppliers show up on your electric bill. Not only was that a problem, but the rate on the bill was at least 6 points higher than what I was given over the phone. They say this was due to PA taxes, which is most likely true, but our old supplier was still less... with the taxes.

So not only are we stuck with the contract... because we aren't paying the $2,350 I was told would be due to terminate... but we are stuck with a higher price and for 4 YEARS. This is ridiculous. I wish there was a way to get out of this. I was suckered in because I thought it was a discount program not a contract and that the rate was going to be lower than what we already had, which it was not. They were able to get us back to one bill but I am very disappointed and dissatisfied with the rest of the situation!

Champion Energy Services

Thank you for your review Thomas. We appreciate having you as a loyal customer!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2016

Last year I signed up for one year with Champion Energy. This Year I renewed for two more years. I am very pleased with Champion Energy with their lower energy rates, the weekly energy usage reports, and their outstanding customer service. Thank You Paula and Myra for outstanding customer service. Thank You Champion Energy!

Champion Energy Services

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us and renewing your contract. We appreciate having you as a customer!

Original review: July 23, 2016

Excellent and transparent service, great prices. Very clear and accurate advertising. Very fast service setup and renewal online, without having to use the phone. I really appreciate that Champion kept the low prices also for my renewal (differently than other companies I used in the past), which allows me to save significantly on my electric cost. Thank you for your great service which I would definitely recommend and I look forward to continuing my business with Champion Energy.

Champion Energy Services

Sara, thanks for choosing Champion Energy as your electricity provider. Our Smart Track weekly usage reports help customers, like you, manage and track their usage so there is never a surprise when you get your monthly bill. You can also log in to your account to view even more details about your usage. Feel free to call us 24/7 at 877.653.5090 with any questions.

Original review: July 18, 2016

We have used Champion Energy now for the past 6 months. They are very easy to work with, send reminder emails and have multiple options for payment of bills. Their rates are very reasonable and one of my favorite features is their weekly energy report, where I can see our energy consumption compared to last week, both in units and cost. It has helped us be more aware of what uses the most electricity so we can be more frugal.

Champion Energy Services

Thanks for sharing your experience with our customer care agent, Oscar. Glad that he could explain the pros and cons of balanced billing. We appreciate your loyalty and renewal on our Silver plan. If you ever have additional comments or suggestions, let us know by emailing feedback@championenergyservices.com.

Original review: July 10, 2016

Oscar helped me with my Champ Silver 24 renewal. I asked for (and got) a loyalty discount as I have been a Champion customer for 6 years. I also threw him a curve by asking for balanced billing. He told me about the pros and cons of this plan and then checked with his supv to make sure he got it right. He was very courteous and polite, making sure I was not irritated by being put on hold while he checked on the proper procedures. Yes, it did take about 8 minutes to renew my service with Champion, but I came out ahead and had a pleasant experience. I'm getting a better rate than I had previously!

Champion Energy Services

Thank you Olivia for being a customer!

Original review: June 28, 2016

Champion Energy has the best customer service and billing procedures we've ever experienced. Their rates are fair and reasonable compared with other companies' rates. Thank you, Champion - keep up the good work!

Champion Energy Services

Thanks for your review James. We believe in transparency with our rates - - no confusing teaser rates or varying rates during the term of your contract. We appreciate having you as a customer!

Original review: June 16, 2016

I have been with Champion for 3 years and just extended contract for 2 more years. Their service and billing has been great. What I like most about Champion is that they do not try to hide what your rate really is with rebates or bonuses. Just offer a great fixed rate and provide good service. Can't ask for more. Definitely recommend Champion.

Champion Energy Services

Thanks for choosing Champion Energy as your provider Rosemary. If you ever have questions you can email us at feedback@championenergyservices.com.

Original review: June 15, 2016

I am thankful I changed providers last year. Even with the Oncor fee, I get a reasonable electric bill each month from Champion.

Champion Energy Services

Thanks Kayla for sharing your experience with us. We'd love to have your friends on board too...without forcing them too much:) You can always take advantage of our referral program which gives your friend and yourself a $25 bill credit. If you ever have questions, comments or suggestions, let us know at feedback@championenergyservices.com.

Original review: June 14, 2016

We recently changed our electric company to Champion from another company in Texas and it has been the best decision we've made! They are so friendly and helpful when you call or contact them online. The prices are incredible and we haven't had a bad experience with them at all! I would FORCE all my friends to use Champion if I could, they are just that good!! You won't regret going with them.

Champion Energy Services

Thanks James. Don't hesitate to contact us if you ever have any questions at 877.653.5090.

Original review: May 30, 2016

Happy customer. No free nights or weekends. B.S. Just cheap reliable electricity.

Champion Energy Services

In reviewing your account it looks like our Customer Care department was able to work with you in getting this resolved. We try our best to work with customers when there are situations that may result in a delay in payment. If you have additional questions please call us at 877.653.5090 to get it resolved. Thank you!

Original review: May 26, 2016

I called Champion Energy today to ask for an extension. I was told I would need to put down 25% of my past due balance. I lost my job last month but now have a new position. My first pay check is 4 days past my disconnect date. (Disconnect is May 31st and pay check is the 3rd.) I have been a customer for at least 3 years. I have always had good customer service from Champion. Sprint and AT&T are working with me. I had hoped Champion would help as well.

Champion Energy Services

Thanks for review Charli. We appreciate having you as a customer!

Original review: May 26, 2016

Champion has been great. Never had one oz of problems. Their website is user-friendly. Customer service were very friendly and my bill has always been fair. I would recommend over all those that sell you "free night-time" service! I fell for that ONCE!

Champion Energy Services

Thanks for renewing with us Kody. Don't forget to share your referral id with your friends when you recommend them to Champion!

Original review: May 24, 2016

I renewed my contract again with Champion and my rate went down for the 4th year in a row! I LOVE this company! Highly recommend them to everyone I talk to. Thanks Champion!

Champion Energy Services

Thanks for your feedback Karen. It looks like you were sent an early renewal campaign. We occasionally offer this to customers to lock in a lower rate before the higher summer prices kick in. It's completely optional and no obligation to you. These notices display your contract end date.

The standard process across all retail electric providers is notifying customers 30-60 days prior to their contract expiring and we adhere to that by sending you your notice via email and other communications to ensure customers don't fall off contract.

Original review: May 17, 2016

Love the service - great prices. But renewal notice is too early - and makes you feel like your service will be cancelled if you don't act immediately. Wait until 1 month prior, please. Or include contract date in notification.

Champion Energy Services

Thanks for choosing Champion Energy Sarah!

Original review: May 5, 2016

My experience with Champion has been fantastic! I have used a few other companies for our electric and Champion is by far the best. Their customer service and account features are so much better than their competitors and they have low rates. I highly recommend them!

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: April 20, 2016

They did and I appreciate it. Thank you!

Champion Energy Services

Hi Helen. It appears that we have granted you an additional extension through the 29th to help you. If you need anything more, please don't hesitate to contact us - 877.653.5090.

Original review: April 18, 2016

I contacted Champion several times asking for help to pay my bill. I did a payment extension through tomorrow and Champion will not help me any further because the new bill is due on the 20th. We don't get paid until the 29th at which time I could pay both bills entirely. I guess they think that the elderly can go without electricity. I am 86 and my husband is 88, I am on oxygen and he has dementia. We just needed the extra help to get us to the 29th, but Champion refuses. Not happy at all.

Champion Energy Services Company Profile