4.3/5 (376 ratings)

About SunPower

Changing the way our world is powered by making solar and storage more accessible to everyone. SunPower is a solar company that provides reliable energy solutions for homeowners with the most comprehensive warranty in the solar industry. Known for its top-quality and high-efficiency solar panels, SunPower solutions have the ability to generate more power than conventional solar technologies.

Pros

• Long warranty
    • Variety of financing solutions
    • Broad U.S. dealer network

Cons

• PPAs for commercial clients only

Bottom Line

SunPower offers the world's first 400 watt solar panels, which use less space. The company offers competitive lease and loan products, its solar panels are guaranteed to not lose more than 8% DC power production over 25 years.

Top SunPower Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

… Our experience enrolling was the best. Everybody that showed up from Ambrose Solar was knowledgeable and friendly. They said when they were gonna do it and they did exactly what...

Verified

… The enrollment was easy. The company that was installing it did all the legwork… The customer service reps explained everything and how everything went. Everything ran smoothly ...

What is SunPower?

SunPower is a solar energy company. It offers residential solar and storage solutions to help you receive the maximum benefit of renewable solar energy. The company upgrades your home or business with some of the highest wattage solar panels available from any solar company.

Solar panels arrive on-site with factory-integrated microinverters that optimize solar production and allow for faster installation. Local SunPower solar dealers understand the building and permitting codes in your area and provide customized services.

SunPower solar panels and equipment

SunPower's solar panels are durable and efficient. The panels use Maxeon cells, which have a unique solid copper foundation that adds strength and resists corrosion, outlasting conventional cells. SunPower offers four series of solar panels:

• M-Series: SunPower’s M-Series solar panels have a 22.8% efficiency rate, which makes it the most efficient M6 solar panel on the market as of the time of publication. Its Maxeon Gen 6 solar cells are 5% larger than prior generations. M-Series panels are the most powerful AC panels in the industry and are currently available up to 440W.
    • X-Series: Built with anti-reflective glass that reduces glare, X-Series panels deliver up to 22.7% efficiency and are an excellent option when available roof space is limited.
    • E-Series: The SunPower E-Series panels deliver up to 20% efficiency and are available in wattages of 320, 327 and 435. The E-Series is 36% more powerful per panel than conventional panels, according to SunPower.

SunPower mounting systems

SunPower designs its own mounting solutions, which are compatible with its panels and have an emphasis on superior looks and ease of installation.

InvisiMount, SunPower’s rail-based mounting system, comes with an all-black design and is adapted for most roof slopes and types. InvisiMount parts are 70% less visible than other comparable mounting systems.

Sunpower storage solutions

SunPower’s SunVault storage system is charged by your solar system during the day when the sun is out and can be discharged to provide power to your home when needed.

The SunVault Storage system is comprised of two enclosures, the SunVault Battery and Hub+. The system size starts at 13 kilowatt-hours (kWh), but homeowners that want additional backup power can opt for additional battery units (up to 52 kWh). The Hub+ features easy-to-use software to monitor solar production and home energy use, and itoptimizes battery charging and discharging for local utility rates.

Homeowners can set storage system preferences through the mySunPower app to decrease grid electricity use at peak times or serve as backup during a power outage. Depending on the system size and design, SunVault can help keep essential appliances running (like your refrigerator or HVAC) and power up things that provide more comfort in a household, including powering an electric vehicle charger or keeping a load of laundry running.

SunVault can deliver twice the amount of power when compared to conventional solar storage systems. This includes a multi-inverter configuration option so that homeowners can power more areas of their home during an outage.

SunVault Storage is included in SunPower’s Complete Confidence Warranty and is covered by a 10-year warranty.

SunPower cost

SunPower solar energy systems typically cost between $3.20 and $4.50 per watt. Altogether, a 6-kilowatt system from SunPower can cost up to $30,000 or more before incentives.

With SunPower, you can purchase a residential system outright, pay with a loan or lease a system. The company offers solar financing options with $0 down for eligible homeowners. Purchasing allows you to take advantage of tax credits and other incentives.

For the most accurate SunPower solar panel prices, get a quote online or contact an authorized SunPower dealer.

SunPower warranty

The SunPower Complete Confidence Warranty covers any repairs or replacements your solar power system needs for 25 years. In addition to solar panels, the warranty also covers microinverters and racking. SunPower guarantees your panels will not lose more than 8% of their original power output in that 25-year period, which ensures your solar energy system stays efficient and produces the power your home needs.

SunPower also covers monitoring technology for 10 years. The Complete Confidence Warranty covers shipping, parts and labor from a certified installation contractor.

SunPower FAQ

Where are SunPower solar panels made?

SunPower’s solar panels are manufactured in the United States, Mexico, the Philippines and Malaysia.

Does SunPower offer energy monitoring?

The mySunPower mobile app lets customers view real-time energy production and usage (when usage meters are compatible) and provides historical data to estimate energy savings.

Customers who have systems equipped with microinverters can view individual panel performance data and get insight into how electricity production is affected by weather, shading and panel angle.

What does the SunPower app do?

SunPower’s app lets customers monitor how much energy their solar energy system is producing, their consumption and any system issues, such as Wi-Fi connectivity issues.

Does SunPower provide energy storage?

SunPower provides energy storage to its residential customers. The SunVault storage system helps homeowners generate utility savings during peak demand times and serves as reliable backup during power outages.

Where can I buy SunPower solar panels?

You can buy SunPower solar panels directly from SunPower or through authorized SunPower dealer partners.

Is SunPower a good company?

We think SunPower is a smart choice for homeowners interested in solar panels. The solar energy company offers an excellent and comprehensive line of solar products and services to its customers, including state-of-the-art solar panels and cells backed by one of the best warranties in the industry.

SunPower video review

sunpower solar company video review
    Rick: Hi, my name is Rick, and I live in Ponte Vedra, Florida. And what got me into solar power was two things. One was financial. Wanting to not have to pay an electric company for my electric bill. And the other was being a responsible caretaker of the Earth, I suppose. To be green. So we didn't really choose a lot of alternatives. I did my studying on the internet very thoroughly, and quickly came across SunPower. And through peer-reviewed information and studying, I found that they were the best product on the market. That's why we went with them, and, quite frankly we're very happy with the product because it is a wrap-around product. They have everything from the connectors to the electrical. If there's ever an issue with it, I can just go to SunPower. I don't have to rely on a third party contractor for anything as far as a systems concern. So we're very happy with our purchase. So the purchase process for these solar panels is very simple and very easy. The representative came to our house and explained the options we had available to us. We chose to go with a loan to finance the panels over 25 years, and it was very simple, very straightforward and direct. We'll be using the tax credit to pay off a portion of the loan this year, and after that, it's a 25 year loan. And I pay extra on it, and we're very happy with it. No problems, no issues. It was clean and easy. So the people that we used to install the solar panels were very courteous, very attentive, very knowledgeable. They came to the house and explained things to us. They even came when I asked them to come and it wasn't scheduled for them to visit, and they would explain and answer questions for me, point things out, and I felt like I was in very good hands, very knowledgeable, and they were very honest and transparent up front. If there was gonna be an issue, they would call me up ahead of time and let me know that there were a delay, or if something were to happen. So I felt very comfortable in this process, like I was in good hands. Purchasing solar panels for our home and our family was completely worth it for two reasons. One, financially. We don't really have an electric bill anymore. The panels have done so well that I'm net zero, and actually negative. The electric company owes me money at this point. My last bill was negative $17, and that's a great place to be. Also I'm a great steward of our planet, making sure I'm keeping my carbon footprint and my family's carbon footprint as small as possible. So we're very happy and very impressed with the product and our decision.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SunPower?

Original review: May 4, 2022

I had solar at a prior home and the home that I bought was a new construction with Shea Homes. I purchased a 5-kilowatt system with the home and it was a SunPower system. When I moved in, it was all hooked up and I found out based on some improvements that I had made, that the 5 kilowatts weren’t covering all my energy needs. So, I added another 4 kilowatts. And because I wanted to make sure that the system was compatible, I only worked with solar contractors that used the SunPower product. The sales rep was great, very knowledgeable and respectful of our time. His presentation made the decision easy and SunPower’s price was competitive. The financing that they offered through a local credit union helped us make the decision to move forward with the expense.

The installers, Mulholland Electric, were good. They came out, got on it and finished it quickly. There was one little hiccup though. And I'm not sure whether it was theirs or on SunPower’s end. I made it clear when I signed the contract that when I get the reporting data through the SunPower app, I didn't want to have to monitor a 5-kilowatt system and the new 4-kilowatt system. I wanted the data to be reported as if it was one 9-kilowatt system. They had to install a second inverter so there was a little bit of complication with trying to get the two systems to report as one. And it seemed as though that went back to SunPower corporate. It took a little bit more effort on my part to make that happen than I would have liked but it finally got worked out.

I'm not a big fan of the SunPower app. It's not very user-friendly in terms of graphing and the way that it graphically presents the information. I can figure it out but it's not as simple as it should be. I had a prior SunPower app with the first system, which was easier and better to interact with than the current one. But I'm also not somebody who sits there and logs into my app every day. I have friends that show their solar generating capabilities on their phones as if it's their grandkid’s pictures. Instead of working, just watching the kilowatts app. I don't do that. So, it's not a big issue.

SunPower response

We appreciate your sharing your SunPower experience. Your feedback is essential to us in improving our services. Here at SunPower, we stand behind our product and customer service. We are always here to listen and assist and just a call, message, or email away. Thank you again for helping us change the way our world is powered.

Get buying tips about Solar Energy Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 31, 2022

When I called the SunPower and was interested to know where the cost would fall in the range compared to the other products that I evaluated, they came out competitive which was surprising. In fact, it was quite a bit cheaper than the previous bid I had gotten partly because the efficiencies are so high and the quality that the other product quoted would require more panels, which increased the cost.

The sales rep was fantastic. He talked to me about all the details that I needed to know. I really appreciated that he was honest and not salesy, like in a used car salesman kind of way, but more, "It's a great product. Let me tell you about it. Here's what you expect. Here's why it's a good product." For the price, it's a great product. They also worked with me through the rebates and the incentives they provided. They pointed me to the forms that I needed for the taxes. They really worked hard.

There were two things that we were working through. One of them was trying to get the installation done in the previous calendar year so I could apply for the rebates this year. Otherwise, if I had done the installation in January, I'd have to carry more of the debt to finance the cost of the install until the following year. They did the installation in a timely manner. They were able to pull it in and worked a little bit extra because it was right after the holidays. They tried to do mine and several others to try to get it in before the calendar year was over.

The other thing that we were working through was the cost. It didn't change. There wasn't any negotiation to coming down on cost. They were very honest that we tried to set things at a low cost. But it was the financing of it because it requires out-of-pocket expense. Very few people, myself included, have that sort of cash just lying around. But the sales rep was very good to help me understand what it meant if you were to finance through the solar power company or through someone else or if you were to put it on a credit card, to help me work through what would be the right option and the least costly for me and offering suggestions for me to consider rather than pushing me into a product, where I finance through them and they get the high profits off of the interests. I was able to come up with a financing solution that worked well for my family and didn't really cost much money at all to do the financing.

I've been able to read it through the app and I am net positive for the year as far as what's generated. The kids love to look at it. They try to monitor the power usage and it's been quite fun. I've only gotten one bill so far where the solar has been on it, and with the net metering, it's saving money. In case it goes up, I feel comfortable with how the power is coming through the panels and supplying it to my house.

SunPower response

Hi, we are overwhelmed with joy to see that you love your panels and monitoring. Thank you for sharing your experience. It's such a delight to know that you had a great experience with the sales team. It is always a pleasure seeing clients happy and confident with their results in choosing SunPower. Please reach out to us if there is anything we can assist you with in the future. Thank you for helping us change the way our world is powered!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

When the original people came, they didn't have a ladder big enough. Fortunately, I did and we got the installation done. From the time that they completed the build-out, there were some delays of people not getting the right paperwork to the right people because it took a long time to get the approval from the power company to turn our system on. Nobody was going to admit it, but it took way longer than it should have from when they completed all the processes until we got to flip the switch. The whole thing took eight weeks.

I realized that SunPower is the manufacturer behind the scene and it was Moxie, the local company, that did the actual work. I've called SunPower a couple of times and got very nice response and answers to my questions. So, that's really good. With Moxie, for the most part, was just funny how you don't hear anything for quite a while, then bingo, it was off to the races immediately. For the month of November, my system said that I had plus 60 kilowatt hours and the power company used to think I had 20. And my numbers showed me 340 and 360, where the two numbers they showed how much I used versus how much they generated, and mine were in the 500s. But the daily numbers seemed to match when I started looking at the two companies.

I was going to start with SunPower's customer service and ask if they have a clue how power companies do it to get such weird number. It looked like for the daily numbers, we were aligned, but for the monthly numbers were just out of whack and their numbers seemed to jive. You're able to pull all of them out and look at them, and then they totaled to what SunPower says it totals to. And you go to the power company and the daily numbers don't add up to what they say the monthly is. Then again, as long as I'm in the plus, I'm not complaining short-term. But I want to figure it out so I have a better idea. Other than that, SunPower has done a really good job.

SunPower response

Hi Archie, we are sorry to hear that the installation process did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is essential to us in improving our services. We hope you enjoy your SunPower system. Please reach out to us if any questions or concerns in the future. We'd be more than happy to assist you. Thank you for taking the time out to post a review.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

I needed to redo my roof and I was very pleased to know that SunPower's installers also did that. So, I put on a new roof on my house on my garage. I also wanted to go solar mainly because I do have that in my home in Sarasota County, Florida and it's doing so well. I was looking to see if I could get that done in my home here and I was very pleased that I did. I researched and I settled with Kamtech Solar. Everything went very smoothly. Aside from that, this is my third bill from Con Edison and I'm very pleased with the reduction.

But I'm not pleased that the techs were supposed to come and cover up some ugly green wire that connected the Con Ed box to the solar junction right outside the house under the awning and they never came and covered that. I called and every time they were saying somebody was going to come and do it, but nobody came to do it. It's still ugly. When I walk into my house, I see these green wires stapled with silver staples and they're running alongside the foyer of the house going down to connect to the water trap and alongside my wall. Thank God my draperies are covering it but if I was supposed to change those draperies, I would have a problem.

Once our system passed inspection and everything was up and running, I expected SunPower to keep their word and come and cover these wires. But I'm trying to overlook that because the job was done, it passed inspection, and that's the important thing. When the young man who owns the company came to look at work that they have done, he agreed that some changes needed to be made and they needed to fix certain things. And they did, with the exception of that. I also mentioned to him that this billing process was not up to par in my book as an accountant. I told him that they need to get someone that is more capable of outlining and breaking down their billing so people would see what they're paying for and that's something he agreed with as well

He wanted to hire me, but I'm not into that right now. I was giving him pointers for someone else. As a professional, I can overlook those things because I know what I'm paying for. He said he would think about it, but then I quickly realized that it's a young company and you need to give people a chance to make improvements. And I hope they have done that. Aside from that, I wanted the salesman that worked with me to send that information to my insurance company. You can do it from one computer to another, but that could not be done with SunPower and that was a bit disappointing. I have to now try to capture pictures of what was done to send to my insurance company for them to adjust my insurance.

But the salesman was very nice. He said he'd take it to his boss and he did. I was very pleased that the boss took time to come to my home, sit with me, and look around and see the work that his people had done and was able to not be upset, but take notes on things that I was telling him to better improve his business.

So far, with the heavy rains we had, my husband went up on the roof and everything was intact. My neighbors were also talking to me about my solar and I let them know that everything that SunPower had done is fine. As far as the job itself, the first time II told them that it was not going to pass inspection and the guy looked at me as if asking what did I know. But it did not pass inspection and he had to reduce certain things. It passed inspection after that. Initially, I wanted to go with this company simply because of the repertoire that they had. I went online and I looked at work that they have done and I was very pleased. I knew that they didn't have enough manpower to do what they needed to do, so things took longer than it should. But they got done.

All in all, I would totally recommend SunPower because I was very impressed at a young company take on something like this and did very well. Plus, I wanted to deal with one company who can do my roof and do my solar. I didn't want to go talk to Jack at what Jim has done and the name game and who is blaming who. I wanted a company who can handle the package, and they were able to do that. They had an A-class team working with me and they didn't mind a woman looking at what they were doing and cleaning up behind them. They told me they could clean up but I said I could do it. So, they were cleaning, I was cleaning, and they said they loved it. I fed them, too. There's nothing like having a meeting and you have something to feed your workers. So, I treated them like I did my workers at the office and they loved it.

SunPower response

We are so glad to read about your experience with our installers, and your satisfaction with our product, Kristine. Your review and feedback are sincerely appreciated, and we hope you reach out anytime you need help or have a question. Thank you for helping us change the way our world is powered!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

I went with Trinity Heating & Air Conditioning and they did SunPower. At the time, the efficiency of the panels were 4% and I was able to put up 6,000 kilowatts. Then, we waited until four years later, and that time, the legislature allowed up to 12,000 and at that point, EmPower Solar out on Long Island was in business. Trinity Heating & Air Conditioning wouldn't come back to the city from Jersey and they said it was too much of a trip. So, they wouldn't do it. So, our engineers at Con Edison sent me to EmPower out on Long Island and they use SunPower. I could have gotten a cheaper panel, a Chinese panel, but we decided to go with your top of the line and this is what we did.

Those panels were 8% efficient and now, the panels have gotten to the point where the unit cost was $8 a kilowatt. Now, we're down to, 4.5 and the efficiency has gone up to 22%. That has allowed me to do something that I never thought I would do. On our block here on 69th Avenue, we have a couple of brownstones that we own and on two of the two family brownstones, we put in solar panels and we were able to divide up the panels. 11 for the first floor and 11 for the second floor. And that gives my tenants 100% of their heating in the winter and 100% of their air conditioning in the summer. So, they pay the flat $18.62 a month, winter and summer.

My units are on all the time. They are set at 72, day and night in the wintertime, and in the summer, they're set for 68. And it takes 100% of our cooling and heating needs. The solar panels work, but they have to be attached to a heat pump system. So, we have a local installer of Mitsubishi air handler, so we have three handlers downstairs and three upstairs in all of our houses. And that takes care of 100% of our cooling and heating needs. So, I can't say enough about it. I'm waiting for the next generation of panels to come out and I'm hoping within my lifetime to see these things go from 22% up to 25, then 30%, and it will.

The average consumer who's going to be a homeowner should look upon this the same way that they look on buying a house, that is you're looking for the long haul. You're not looking for a quick fix because this is a significant investment. You're talking about spending a minimum of 15,000 for each floor on the costs after the rebates. In my two investment properties on the block here two years ago, I've gone through two complete cycles and they work marvelously. I'll also be happy to tell people about my experience with SunPower and I would do it all over again. In fact, I probably will on the remaining three homes that I have on the block that do not have solar on the roof. I will do that over the next three years or so, so I get away totally from fossil fuel and go 100% with sun.

SunPower response

Paul, we are delighted to read your solar savings story! It truly is remarkable how much you can save by going solar and we are so happy to see how satisfied you are with our products and teams. Congratulations on the savings and thank you for helping us change the way our world is powered!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

I have been a SunPower residential customer for about five years. The sales rep really sold us on how efficient the solar panels were and the great customer service SunPower provided. We were told that SunPower would continuously monitor the installed system and take corrective action if an issue was detected. Great! Sign me up!

To date, SunPower has never reported an issue to us, we have to notice an issue and contact SunPower Customer Support every time. The unforgivable issue right now is our SunPower Solar System stopped generating energy on June 28th 2022. We didn't know until the local power company (not SunPower) called us at the end of July to question our unusually high electric bill. We checked the inverter and sure enough, there was an error code. I immediately contacted SunPower to open a case. After much back and forth the representative told us that they would schedule someone to come out ASAP. One week...Ten Days...Two weeks later and several phone calls to SunPower we were finally given an appointment... 5 weeks from that date on Sept 6th! I called SunPower several times and requested to speak to the case manager but never ever received a call back from anyone at SunPower!

Sept 6th, the technician finally showed and diagnosed the inverter problem as the main logic board was bad. He said he ordered the part and should have it in about two weeks. Two weeks comes and goes and still no word from SunPower. I called again, was told by the representative that they need to replace the whole inverter and just got final sign-off but could not give me an install date. Again, I asked to talk to the case manager...nothing!

Now, Sept 26th, I received a notice that they want to schedule the inverter install on Oct 31st...another 5 weeks! I've called SunPower several times and asked for the case manager (finally told his name was Ken?) but he couldn't talk as he was on the phone with another customer... but the Rep said she spoke to Ken and he gave her additional details about the install. I insisted he call me back but still no call!

I live in Tucson and the summer months are critical for solar production and I've already lost 3 months of solar generation and unless SunPower gets their act together I'll lose at least one more month! And that doesn't even begin to cover the financial impact of the high summer electric bills ($ thousands already), the frustration of dealing with an uncaring company and my time and energy... Another Frustrated SunPower Customer.

SunPower response

Hi, we're sorry to hear that your expectations are not being met. Please expect a call from an Executive Support Specialist to discuss your concerns in detail and provide additional assistance. We appreciate your business and truly value your feedback.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

We chose SunPower to install solar on our home after an exhaustive research process. Their system was 10-15% more expensive than others, but decided to go with them due to warranty reasons, the likelihood they would be in business the full term of warranty, and the perception that they were more professional than the others and the install would be more pain free. We could not have been more wrong.

From the onset, the design and site survey process was delayed and our system was put into service nearly a full two months after the initial projection. Along the way, they drilled into a live main gas line while installing supports to the roof, while my family was in the house and my daughter was playing right below. The line could have easily sparked and caused an explosion. We were evacuated by the fire department for most of the day into 110 degree heat without accommodation from Sunpower.

After the system was installed, there were a host of workmanship issues that Sunpower only fixed after a month of back and forth and tons of time spent on our side. Sunpower also promised compensation as an act of good faith to make the gas line incident right, which we are going on 2 months without response from Sunpower. Not worth any sort of premium and after dealing with their customer service, I would not use again even if they were 50% cheaper than the competition. Buyer beware.

SunPower response

Adam, we understand your frustration and take this matter seriously. We are working to help resolve your concerns and restore you faith in SunPower. A case has already been created and escalated to our Executive Support Specialist team for review. Expect a specialist to reach out soon. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to talking to you.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

The solar stopped working early last month so I contacted the customer support and opened a ticket as the solar is still under the warranty. Nothing happened for 4 weeks and they kept saying that they were monitoring. Then they send an email asking me to schedule for a site visit with the local installer. I got a quote from the local installer for the site visit and I called customer service again to ask who is paying for the site visit. Apparently, he has no answer and submitted another ticket. Now it’s nearly two months with several calls and emails but the issue hasn’t been resolved. Seems like they don't care at all. I did read the reviews online and looks like everyone has the same problems.

SunPower response

Nang, we appreciate you bringing this to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience. We have escalated your case to our Executive Support Specialists team for further review. Once a specialist is assigned they will reach out to follow up with you. We look forward to talking to you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

I purchased my first home and I took over the SunPower agreement 3 months ago and the nightmare started. Once you sign the deal you are screwed. They know that you are hooked 15 or 30 years and they don't care at all if you have issues. I suppose to not have any electric bill and my last 2 month bill was over $400 plus sun power monthly payment. One of my unit doesn't work. I tried every way to contact them and no solution at all. Again they know you are paying the money and don't care. Did open a case, send so many emails. Talked few person. They suppose to schedule service weeks ago and no luck.

I did read the reviews online and looks like everyone has the same problems. If I can cancel it I will do it today. I am stuck 15 years with this guys. Already talking to lawyer and see what my options are. I can't imagine next 15 years dealing with this customer service that doesn't do anything. I did sign up first day to Auto Payment and had issues with that too. It's sad that this companies can hook you up for decade payment and can get away w/ this. It's simple. If you can't fix your product don't sell it. Now I have to pay electric bill plus sun power bill. What's the point having solar in this case?

SunPower response

Hi, we apologize for the experience you've had. Please expect a call from an Executive Support Specialist to discuss your concerns in detail and provide additional assistance. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

We had looked at different pricing and talked to a few other people and we had the SunPower salesperson come over and he sold us on it. His name is Tom and we love him. He was great. He was so nice and professional. He was so easy to understand. He did a great job. I was so dead set against having the system. But after he explained it all to us and everything they did and how we were going to come out ahead with electric, I just said, "Well, geez, it sounds stupid not to." We were not here when they installed the system. But Tom was here when they came in and he saw through everything. When we came back, my husband was happy with what they did. We went back and forth on the phone and over the internet and stuff with emails. But we were totally satisfied.

I had an electric bill since the system was installed in July last year and we're now down to minus $56, which next month, we will probably have a payment to the electric company. It's been a lifesaver for us. When we get the electric bill and everybody else is talking about their electric bill, we're saying, "Well, we haven't had one since last July." They don't believe us.

SunPower response

We are delighted to see your satisfaction with the installation process. We sincerely appreciate the feedback and couldn't be happier with this glowing review. Thank you so much for choosing SunPower and helping us change the way the world is powered.

SunPower Company Information