Find Solar Energy Companies partners near you

About Blue Raven Solar

Blue Raven Solar offers solar power technology services. The company prioritizes a simple, straightforward process by helping customers every step of the way, including creating the designs, filling out the appropriate permits and installation.

Find Solar Energy Companies partners near you

What is Blue Raven Solar?

Blue Raven Solar provides homeowners with a simple and affordable way to buy the best solar technology and own their solar power systems without leasing from a third party.

The company designs a system for your home, obtains permits and installs the components. Most installations are complete in one day. For those with qualifying credit scores, there are no upfront installation costs and power is free for the first 18 months. Blue Raven customers will save an average of $20,000 to $80,000 on electricity costs over 20 years, according to the company.

Blue Raven Solar uses the latest solar panel technology, including black-on-black, monocrystalline silicon solar panels and Enphase microinverters. The Blue Raven Power Plus plan also includes a smart thermostat and LED lighting for your home. Blue Raven comes with a 25-year panel guarantee and a two-year production guarantee. The company also provides free system monitoring.

How does Blue Raven Solar work?

The Blue Raven Blue Power Plus plan combines the concept of a power purchase agreement (PPA) with the benefits of solar ownership. Qualified customers pay $0 upfront and get free power for 18 months. The loan agreement lets the homeowner own the solar panel system while paying it off over time and keeping 100% of the power savings. Monthly payments and interest rates do not increase during the life of the loan, and there is no prepayment penalty.

A consultant from Blue Raven Solar will talk with you over the phone about your options. Installations are customized to take advantage of the most ideal location for the solar panels and other components. The company also helps with obtaining permits. Once the design is complete and proper permits are in place, installation takes one day in most cases.

How much does Blue Raven Solar cost?

Blue Raven Solar’s cost varies based on the size of installation. The company does not provide specific pricing on its website, but potential customers can call or fill out a form to be contacted by a representative for a free consultation and information about pricing.

Qualified customers pay $0 upfront and get 18 months of free solar power. The cost of the system is financed over time with a loan. Monthly payments and interest rates are fixed for the life of the loan.

Blue Raven Solar FAQ

Where is Blue Raven Solar located?
    Blue Raven Solar is incorporated in Orem, Utah. The company has multiple offices and locations in the states it serves.
    Where is Blue Raven Solar available?
    Blue Raven Solar is available in Colorado, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Utah and Washington.
    How long does Blue Raven Solar installation take?
    Once the design is finalized and permits are obtained, Blue Raven Solar installation takes one to two days. Customers should allow additional time for inspection and approval before use.

Is Blue Raven Solar legit?

Blue Raven Solar offers a legitimate solution to solar power system ownership that lets homeowners purchase solar panels with a loan. Qualified customers pay $0 down and get free solar power for 18 months. Homeowners who want to increase their homes’ values by adding solar but can’t afford to buy the system outright have a path to solar ownership with Blue Raven.

Blue Raven Solar Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Raven Solar?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Raven Solar?

Original review: April 12, 2022

Where to start? September 27, 2021 sign and pay half of what would be a headache, Today April 12, 2022 the system finally seems to work, if 7 months seems little, my headache was not, a disaster customer service Communication with the client was a disaster, but they made sure that yesterday I received my last bill to pay them, I called by phone no less than 10 times to find out what was happening because nobody was able to tell me what was happening, they even told me that I'm sure it would be installed before the end of the year to be able to have the credit from the government (a lie), a total disappointment, the last person who attended me, (I don't remember his name) didn't even care about the frustration I had, I had to call directly to the electrician to solve the problem, which Watts company had already solved the problem 2 weeks before and Blue Raven still said that they had to solve the problem. A very bad experience and company itself.

When I told them that the inspector from Sandy city had passed and told me that the system was failed, the person from Blue Raven asked me (yes, me) what the city had told me that it was failing when I had paid half of the installation (which are not a few dollars) for me to tell him what the problem was!!! The truth is that I am very disappointed in this company and never again, if possible, will do business with them. Hopefully the system never fails so I don't have to call them.

Original review: March 21, 2022

This has been one of the worst services of all time! Absolute dysfunction! The sales team did a great job getting in the door and selling the product. Once the papers are signed you never hear from them again! They were quick to install panels on my home but nothing else occurred for a very long time. As they were wrapping up the installation, they found the breaker box needed to be updated before proceeding. Negligence on BRS's part when post installation inspection. BRS agreed to pay for the upgrade. BRS shipped all the parts to my home for the breaker panel upgrade. According to the local electrician the parts were all incorrect. The city came by my home and stated the permits for the panels weren't approved yet and the panels needed to come down. This was all supposed to be taken care by BRS.

After weeks and months of calling for a status update on when this panel upgrade would be completed the install occurs 5 months later. This is also after I already started making monthly payments for the solar panel loan which weren't operational. What a joke to make payments on something that isn't operational. I also couldn’t switch over electric companies to obtain credits due to the panels not being operational. Not only due I have solar panels installed but making a loan payment for them along with a full electric bill due to BRS's dysfunction. The excuses I received was "the city is being hard on us." Not my problem! If BRS did their job correctly and well then, these issues wouldn't have occurred. While in conjunction with all this going on I watched my neighbor go through the same hassles. Now I have the breaker panel upgraded and the panels functioning but not able to view the productivity through their Enlighten (Enphase) app.

This issue has now been going on for 3 months without a resolution. A technician comes out the first time and states they need to call the installer. Why in the hell is there a technician coming out to begin with if they can't repair the issue. Never say or heard from the installer. Have called in multiple times over the 3 months and advised that it's "on the schedule." It was scheduled for someone to come out two more times for resolution and both were no shows! What kind of customer service is this!?!? Now being scheduled for a 4th time to see what happens. Issue still not resolved after 7 months!

The referral program incentive is ridiculous! Filled that out over 8 months ago and took them 7 months to cut a check for it. Why would I ever recommend this company to anyone ever again! Not one call from anyone in management to apologize or offer any type of compensation for the extreme hassle, neglect, and utmost lack of unprofessionalism. If anyone is reading this walk away and do not ever do business with BRS. Take the "R" out and you get your real answer. JUST **!

Get buying tips about Solar Energy Companies delivered to your inbox.

Find a Solar Energy partner near you.

Blue Raven Solar Company Information